PDA

View Full Version : Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

dw13
08-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Didn't see one in my searches, and I know some of us are pretty big soccer fans.

Bad news for Liverpool, lost Gerrard for what looks like the ManU game at Anfield.

Could be a crucial loss there, need to atleast walk away with a point.

dripsey3
08-29-2008, 03:25 AM
I don't have a team in the Premiership, but I'll be shouting for Hull City this season. I like to see the underdog do well and Hull are really up against it. 4 points in their first 2 games is an encouraging start, but it's going to get a lot tougher.

narduch
08-29-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't have a team in the EPL either (I watch Serie A more religiously). I usually just go for the underdog if I'm watching a game.

I'm just hoping someone can step up and break the big-four dominance this season, but I doubt it.

I'm kinda pissed that Fox Sports lost the rights to the FA Cup to Setanta though. The FA Cup is one of my favourite competitions to watch. There are always some great underdog stories every year.

MTR
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Blackburn is my team. Granted I was upset over Friedel leaving though. :( 4 points so far. Should have 6 though. One their first game in the Carling Cup earlier this week so that is good. Not in Europe this season though. :( Just missed out on a EUFA Cup spot.

dw13
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
I should of done Offical Soccer thread, didn't know people were interested in Serie A or La Liga as well. I'd be willing to talk all soccer here.

Hull has been impressive, and if they can be a tough team at home they might be able to stay out of relegation.

keyboard
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I should of done Offical Soccer thread, didn't know people were interested in Serie A or La Liga as well. I'd be willing to talk all soccer here.

Hull has been impressive, and if they can be a tough team at home they might be able to stay out of relegation.Might as well start one now. Hopefully you spell official right when you do it. :lol:

dw13
08-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Might as well start one now. Hopefully you spell official right when you do it. :lol:

Haha, one of the mods can change it hopefully :mad:

MTR
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
changed it

dw13
08-29-2008, 01:07 PM
You are the man.

narduch
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Love the title. :D

MTR
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
We have to use proper terms you know. :)

nyihater4life
08-30-2008, 12:02 AM
could of just called it Fútbol

dw13
08-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Zenit beat Man U for the Super Cup.

Arshavin came on in the 46th as a sub, played good. He needs to be transfered already!!

suckerpuncher
08-31-2008, 02:23 PM
After 2 draws finally the first win of the new season for Bayern. Easy 4-1 win over Berlin with 2 penalties. The new tighter rules are in some way cool. Already 3 penalties for Bayern in 3 games.
The slow start with 2 draws and now the first win in game 3 was kind of expected though. That hangover from the international tournaments over the summer always hits the big clubs.

After the short break now for the WC qualifiers I really hope to see Ribery back and Oddo in action too. If everyone's healthy and tey finally can play a couple of games together then the Bundesliga should almost be a piece of cake again.

And even the group stage of the UCL is easy and 1 of the top 2 spots in that group should almost be guaranteed.

dw13
08-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Van Persie finally looked good against Newcastle.. Arsenal really needs him this year.

dw13
08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Good to see Wright-Phillips make the impact back at ManCity, he was undervalued at Chelsea even under Jose.

dw13
09-02-2008, 12:15 AM
In a strange couple of events, Robinho gets part of his wish out of Barca but inks the British Transfer record deal to MAN CITY!!! £32.5million!!!! HUGE. I wonder what Scolari and Chelsea have to say.

Something that shouldn't take a bad seat either... Berbatov FINALLY joins ManUnited, this is something that has been brewing for what? 3 seasons? Longer? Big deal for Man U.

Also Quaresma joins Jose Mourinho at Inter, looks like he is putting his stamp on this team already.

Juve keeps up their swooping by taking the young talent Yago from Barca. I still think Claudio Ranieri HAS to be considered as one of the best managers in all of the football world.

suckerpuncher
09-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Robinho played for Real not for Barca. Doesn't seem like a big deal to mix those 2 up until you say that Madrid or Barcelona. ;)

Don't know if it's shown outside Germany/Europe but tonight is the farewell game for one of the modern legends and one of the greatest goalies of all time. The Titan plays for one last time with Bayern Munich against the German national squad.

I still see those 3 penalties he saved back in '01 to win the UCL with Bayern after 25 years. Or 4 days before that win when he pushed the whole team after they conceded the 0-1 in the 90 minutes to come back and get the equalizer and so won the German championship in the 4th minute of stoppage time.
Or all those great saves during the World Cup '02 to get the team all the way to the final just to give up that one tiny rebound / mistake to lose the final to Brazil. But he never broke down and came back even stronger.
He was one of the last guys you either loved or hated. There was nothing in between.
Hard to see him go for good. :beer:

dw13
09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
My bad no clue why I said Barca.

Yeah thats tough to see him go, great goalie. Was abused pretty hard after that 02 WC. Good stuff though.

I still don't know how Robinho ended up at ManCity

dw13
09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Keagan leaves Newcastle for the second time!!

narduch
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm going to Montreal this weekend for World Cup Qualifying. Going to watch Canada take on Honduras at the new Stade Saputo this Saturday.

This is pretty much a must win for Canada.

dw13
09-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Honduras is a chippy team... not GREAT on skill but very chippy. Good luck Canada!

dw13
09-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Essien out for the year. Deco really going to need to keep it going!

dripsey3
09-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Ireland play their second World Cup qualifying game tonight against Montenegro. It's going to be a very difficult game. We won our first game 2-1 against Georgia. We also have Italy, Bulgaria and Cyprus in our group. The aim is to finish second behind Italy.

suckerpuncher
09-10-2008, 04:28 AM
Italy isn't as strong as they were a couple of years agao. But the bad thing is even now tey win the games they don't deserve to win like Saturdays last second win.
The second place is Irelands to loose but watch out Cyprus surprised lately and they now even have a team in the UCL so be careful.
But also Bulgaria shouldn't be taken lightly.

We on the other hand face Finland tonight after we won in Liechtenstein 6-0 without braking into too much sweat. But it will be a bit harder but I'm confident we'll get the 3 points.
The only real opponent in our group is Russia. Good thing is they are still a very young and unexperienced team which should help us getting that #1 spot.But we shouldn't underestimate them but I'm confident we won't.

The biggest match tonight is probably Croatia vs. England. After Croatia kicked England out of the EURO qualifiers with the huge 3-2 at Wembley Englands wants revenge. But so far the team hasn't shown any improvements under Capello and defeated Andoora only 2-0 and played really bad. So don't be surpridsed if history repeats itself.

MTR
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Holy cow. I have to say that England showed some life there with that win.

US plays Trindad tonight. A win just about clinches a spot in the final round. US is not very consistent at the moment but still managing to win. Not giving up a goal since the loss to Spain helps as well.

dw13
09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
USA is playing sound defense, great goalie play from Howard and scoring at the right times. We should play another sound game tonight being here in the States. LETS DO IT!!

By the way, what did I tell you about Walcott? The kid has SOOOO much talent.

dw13
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't know if you watched your German team sucker but you are very, very lucky to have Klose. Horribly played game on the German part.

LFk
09-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I never browsed any of the forums here save for the hockey related ones. Great thread :)

Anyone here follow the Italian Serie A? The team I root for is there... Inter Milan.

dripsey3
09-11-2008, 02:15 AM
I have to start with Luxembourg's incredible 2-1 win away to Switzerland. Luxembourg hadn't won a World Cup qualifying game since 1972 before last night.
Ireland drew 0-0 away to Montenegro. 4 points from 2 games is a great way to start the group, but I felt we could have won last night. Next up is Cyprus at home in October.

suckerpuncher
09-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Damn, Finland found some holes in our defense for sure. But at least we didn't lost. It was a hard task to score the 3rd equalizer since Finland had all their players near their own box but in the end we did it. That says something about the team. They sould ave given up but they didn't.

At times it looked like one of those classic heavy weight bouts with a slow start but then punch and counter, a couple of knockdowns but in the end no final KO punch.

But in all fairness Finland missed the EURO not by much so we can live with that for now.

The only good thing beside the fact we saved at least 1 point is to see Klose finally back. After months without scoring that hattrick (although we don't call it that since hattrick in soccer means the actual natural hattrick).
After the first goal you could see a complete different Klose from the one you saw the last couple of month. The ball finally bounced back in his direction, his body language was different and he just knew where to be to get the ball in the net.
This will also help Bayern en route to the German title and and attack in the UCL. Klose and Toni both scoring again is just awesome.

MTR
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Amazing how the US can score 3 goals against a better Tridad team and only 1 against Cuba. Oh well. A win is a win at this stage of the game. US is pretty much through to the next round.

b_illin
09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Man U/Liverpool tomorrow - wooha!

dripsey3
09-13-2008, 11:52 AM
What a win for Hull City. 2-1 away to Newcastle. Great win for Liverpool over Man United.

dw13
09-16-2008, 09:14 AM
UCL Today and tomorrow baby!

MTR
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
:hyper:

And for those that care the group stage of the new CONCACAF Champions League starts today as well.

DC United plays against Saprissa.

Houston play tomorrow.

Revs and Chivas got knocked out during qualifying.

b_illin
09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
What a win for Hull City. 2-1 away to Newcastle. Great win for Liverpool over Man United.

I was happy....just wish it had been televised here!

MTR
09-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I would have rather watched that instead of Man. City vs Chelsea.

narduch
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I was happy....just wish it had been televised here!

Well, it was televised on Setanta, a channel that is available for the low price of $15/month. :eek:

:hyper:

And for those that care the group stage of the new CONCACAF Champions League starts today as well.

DC United plays against Saprissa.

Houston play tomorrow.

Revs and Chivas got knocked out during qualifying.

I've been following the Montreal Impact in this event since they kicked out Toronto FC.

By the way, all of Montreal's games will be live on CBC Bold (a subscription channel) and tape delayed at midnight on the real CBC.

UCL Today and tomorrow baby!

I always love watching the Champions League. Definitely some of the most exciting soccer to watch.

Here's a list of today's matches:

AS Roma v CFR Cluj
Chelsea v Bordeaux (on TSN)

Panathinaikos v Inter Milan
W Bremen v Anorthosis Famagusta

Barcelona v Sp Lisbon (on TSN2)
FC Basel v Shakhtar Donetsk

Marseille v Liverpool
PSV Eindhoven v Atl Madrid

-not sure which games are on ESPN in the US. I assume its the same.

MTR
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Cool. I am following DC United but to a degree any MLS team that is there. Hoping DC and Houston do okay.

narduch
09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Cool. I am following DC United but to a degree any MLS team that is there. Hoping DC and Houston do okay.

I hope they both do well, as well.

Particularly Houston with Dwayne DeRosario.

MTR
09-16-2008, 02:02 PM
New women's league in the US next year. They allocated players from the US national team today and there is a draft next week. St. Louis got their hometown girl Chalupny along with Hope Solo and Tina Ellertson. Hoping to make it to a game next season once it gets off the ground.

narduch
09-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Yesterday's UCL results:

AS Roma 1 - 2 CFR Cluj
Chelsea 4 - 0 Bordeaux

Panathinaikos 0 - 2 Inter Milan
Werder Bremen 0 - 0 Anorthosis

Barcelona 3 - 1 Sporting Lisbon
Basel 1 - 2 Shakhtar Donetsk

Marseille 1 - 2 Liverpool
PSV Eindhoven 0 - 3 Atletico Madrid

-I put surprising results in bold.

Today's games:

Manchester United FC v Villarreal CF (live on TSN)
Celtic FC v Aalborg BK

FC Steaua Bucuresti v FC Bayern München
Olympique Lyonnais v ACF Fiorentina

FC Porto v Fenerbahce SK
FC Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal FC

Juventus FC v Zenit St Petersburg
Real Madrid v BATE Borisov (live on TSN2)

dw13
09-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I guess a plus for Man U that Ronaldo is back. But it was a very lucklaster job upfront of them. Going to need a much better performance this weekend against Chelsea.

dw13
09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Berbatov surely looked good today for ManU.

MTR
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
US qualified for the last stage of WC qualifying over the weekend by taking down Cuba 6-1. So now they can give some younger guys a chance to play the next two games and see what all we have going for us.

narduch
10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
And Canada is officially out. :(

MTR
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Sucks. I was hoping they would make it to the final round.

gagne21
10-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Man City is my team. Pretty glad they squeezed out the tie today against Newcastle.

dw13
10-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Man City is my team. Pretty glad they squeezed out the tie today against Newcastle.

Man City is a joke to the EPL with the inflation they put in this year, and are going to attempt next year. The Robinho sign for that much money... complete joke. If they want to land Kaka, they better start moving up the table and get into Champions League contention.

dw13
10-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Great 3rd goal by Rooney.. hes on an absolute scoring streak.

suckerpuncher
10-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Finally a day with a lot of goals scored. Villareal wins 6-3, Lyon wins a crazy game 5-3 and so on.

But the best thing is both ManU and my Bayern won their games 3-0.
Although Bayern got very lucky. The offense was great but Fiorentina had chance after chance and could have left with a 3-3 tie or maybe even a win if they would have been able to convert. Lucky they didn't.
And I can only hope Bayern is able to persuade Ze Roberto to play another year or two for them. He's on an absoulte tear since he came back last season and now he even scores goals.

On a sidenote it's hard to see the goal total from today matched by tomorrows games. But who knows.

dw13
10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Wacky day today in UCL.

narduch
10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Man City is a joke to the EPL with the inflation they put in this year, and are going to attempt next year. The Robinho sign for that much money... complete joke. If they want to land Kaka, they better start moving up the table and get into Champions League contention.

Anything that breaks up the big four hegemony in England is a good thing, imo.

dw13
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Anything that breaks up the big four hegemony in England is a good thing, imo.

Do it the right way if you ask me. Don't inflate by use WAY too much money. Not only does it hurt the top4, it hurts the bottom of the table as well.

narduch
10-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Do it the right way if you ask me. Don't inflate by use WAY too much money. Not only does it hurt the top4, it hurts the bottom of the table as well.

How does it hurt the lower teams? They were never going to compete anyway. If anything they make more money when they sell their players.

dw13
10-21-2008, 05:24 PM
How does it hurt the lower teams? They were never going to compete anyway. If anything they make more money when they sell their players.

You do know Hull is 3rd on the table right now right? Man City has inflated all transfers in England, and they want to even make more of a splash in midseason transfers and next offseason transfer table. Its incredibly stupid. Either way, Man City will never make a top table splash, they can stick to the UEFA cup.

narduch
10-21-2008, 05:37 PM
You do know Hull is 3rd on the table right now right?

Have you seen the table recently? Its back to the same four on top.

I've followed the game long enough, Hull will be back to their normal place in the standing eventually.

If we really want 'fairness' in the game we should be promoting better revenue sharing and salary caps.

If its survival of the fittest, like it is now, I could care less where the money comes from. And like I said, if in the end it means Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea and Liverpool suffer in the standings, its great!

gagne21
10-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Have you seen the table recently? Its back to the same four on top.

I've followed the game long enough, Hull will be back to their normal place in the standing eventually.

If we really want 'fairness' in the game we should be promoting better revenue sharing and salary caps.

If its survival of the fittest, like it is now, I could care less where the money comes from. And like I said, if in the end it means Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea and Liverpool suffer in the standings, its great!
I'm with you Narduch.

Dawinna, can you explain to me how Man City's signing of Robinho is any different then Chelsea's signing of Shevchenko a couple years ago. If I recall correctly the transfer fee for Shevchenko was 30-31 million pounds, the transfer fee for Robonho was 32 million...not all that much of a difference. You know if Man City didn't get him someone else (probably Chelsea was going to).

I hope Man City can bring over a couple more stars and become a top team. I'm sick of seeing the same 4 on the top of the table every year. IMO, it's about time another team had the financial means necessary to challenge the big 4.

narduch
10-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I hate it when I see fans of other big teams cry about teams with new money splashing it around. As if their spending money on players is more pure.

I apologize to Dawinna on the current top 4 though. It looks like Hull is still in 3rd:
http://touchline.onthespot.co.uk/guardian/StatsCentre.asp?CTID=11&Lang=0

I could have sworn that most recent Fox Soccer Report showed the usual suspects back on top.

gagne21
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Robinho with the hat-trick yesterday. Second in the league with 6 goals. I love the signing for Man City.

dw13
11-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Robinho with the hat-trick yesterday. Second in the league with 6 goals. I love the signing for Man City.

As Fergie said.. the only team with a chance of crackin' the top 4 this season is Aston Villa. Young, well coached, skillful and seem to have a nice home record going.

Man City slipping to Bolton is rouuuugh!

suckerpuncher
11-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Big game tonight.

Germany vs. England

Granted it's only a friendly and both sides are missing some players but still no one wants to lose that game. The last match @Wembley was won by our "B"-squad 2-1 so England is up for revenge.
The good thing for England ist if there's a draw at the end of the match there won't be a penalty shootout. :D

narduch
11-19-2008, 08:18 AM
The game will be live on Gol TV.

MTR
11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Albert Pujols joined the ownership group to bring a MLS team to St. Louis. :hyper: I really hope we get one of the teams they are adding. We have been so close and it makes sense to have a team here.

narduch
11-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Looks like they are copying the Vancouver model with Steve Nash. Smart PR move, imo.

narduch
12-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Toronto FC pulled of a miracle on Friday and stole Dwayne De Rosario from Houston. :p

I'm very happy. Can't wait to watch him in action next season.

In honour of his move here is one of the sweetest free kick goals you will ever see:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7Kh_Na3Tg

b_illin
12-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Toronto FC pulled of a miracle on Friday and stole Dwayne De Rosario from Houston. :p

I'm very happy. Can't wait to watch him in action next season.

In honour of his move here is one of the sweetest free kick goals you will ever see:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7Kh_Na3Tg

Yeah, we didn't even have to give much up either!

b_illin
12-15-2008, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7Kh_Na3Tg&eurl=http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/&feature=player_embedded

MTR
12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Excellent move for Toronto. Kept wondering when he was going to make his way up there.

narduch
02-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Steve Yzerman was watching Liverpool v Chelsea, with George Gillett.

http://209.85.62.26/5895/3/upload/p6442153.jpg

dw13
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Thank god we sold Keane back to Tottenham.

phaneuf6
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Given to City. Sweeeet.

dw13
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Given to City. Sweeeet.

Need all you can get. Maybe Shay can help you guys stay out of relegation. City is an absolute joke.

dw13
02-10-2009, 12:08 AM
USA/Mexico on Wednesday. Lets do it boys.

Also, nice to see Chelsea on their 4th manager in under 2 years. Rumor has Hiddink(Russia's coach) linked next.

MTR
02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Mexico is bound to be out for blood. I think their last win in this series was at home during the last round of World Cup qualifying. Should be a great game.

gagne21
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Need all you can get. Maybe Shay can help you guys stay out of relegation. City is an absolute joke.
how is City a joke? You sound like a fuckin' idiot. I see you support Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is a fucking joke.

Phaneuf isn't even a City fan, he's Irish and like Shay.

City is 9th in the league and with a win at Pompey this week we'll move into a tie for 7th. I love how everybody thinks that since City is now the richest club in the world we're supposed to be challenge for the top 4 immediately. Give Sparky this summer to bring in a world class striker and another defender and next year we'll be challenging the big 4.

There is absolutely no chance that City will be relegated this year, they were a spot out of the relegation zone like a month ago but picked up points in 5 of their last 6. City is too good of a team and there are way too many teams in between them and the relegation zone for them to finish anywhere near the bottom.

I also assume that you think City is a joke because of the money they tried to pay to get Kaka. This pisses me off beyond no other. United, Chelsea and Liverpool have been spending the big bucks for years now, and nobody really makes a big deal about that. But all of a sudden now that City is rich everybody is in an uproar. If the club has the money who's to tell them who they can buy and how much they can spend.

dw13
02-10-2009, 12:42 PM
how is City a joke? You sound like a fuckin' idiot. I see you support Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is a fucking joke.

Phaneuf isn't even a City fan, he's Irish and like Shay.

City is 9th in the league and with a win at Pompey this week we'll move into a tie for 7th. I love how everybody thinks that since City is now the richest club in the world we're supposed to be challenge for the top 4 immediately. Give Sparky this summer to bring in a world class striker and another defender and next year we'll be challenging the big 4.

There is absolutely no chance that City will be relegated this year, they were a spot out of the relegation zone like a month ago but picked up points in 5 of their last 6. City is too good of a team and there are way too many teams in between them and the relegation zone for them to finish anywhere near the bottom.

I also assume that you think City is a joke because of the money they tried to pay to get Kaka. This pisses me off beyond no other. United, Chelsea and Liverpool have been spending the big bucks for years now, and nobody really makes a big deal about that. But all of a sudden now that City is rich everybody is in an uproar. If the club has the money who's to tell them who they can buy and how much they can spend.

It was sarcastic about the relegation but if you want to go there we will. You'll never challenge for the top four, youre youth club is bottoms of the EPL. Aston Villa is a very good example of how you build from youth ranks, same with Everton and Fulham.

And you are wrong, Liverpool, United both make normal transfer bids. They don't run bids out of control on people like Kaka and Robinho. The Abu Diaby firm is over spending and blowing up the EPL transfers. It's fine because Hughes can't coach for a lick and if you think you need ANOTHER world class striker up top with Robinho you are not really following the terrible City.

They need a whole new set of midfielders, including SWP. Micah Richards is about the only defender back there worth a lick, and you need to revamp that as well. Picking up Given was a nice pick up, world class goalie there, and he proved that in his first game (he was awesome).

You're going to be laughed at with bids like you did for Kaka, get used to it. I'm not mad that they want to spend money, I don't like how they are going about the amount of money they are willing to dish.

Yes, Rafa is an absolute joke, so you saying that isn't a blow on me. I can't stand until we move on from him, and to be honest I wish it would be ASAP and we would get JOSE back in the EPL. Not going to happen though, Rafa probably will stay on after this season. (we will finish top 3, and lets see how we handle Real in Champs).

Either way, I was joking about relegation for City.

dw13
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
PS: By the way, the Craig Bellamy get was very nice. I like him, gritty and was something they needed.

dw13
02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
PSS: How good is Torres :D

gagne21
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
It was sarcastic about the relegation but if you want to go there we will. You'll never challenge for the top four, youre youth club is bottoms of the EPL. Aston Villa is a very good example of how you build from youth ranks, same with Everton and Fulham.

And you are wrong, Liverpool, United both make normal transfer bids. They don't run bids out of control on people like Kaka and Robinho. The Abu Diaby firm is over spending and blowing up the EPL transfers. It's fine because Hughes can't coach for a lick and if you think you need ANOTHER world class striker up top with Robinho you are not really following the terrible City.

They need a whole new set of midfielders, including SWP. Micah Richards is about the only defender back there worth a lick, and you need to revamp that as well. Picking up Given was a nice pick up, world class goalie there, and he proved that in his first game (he was awesome).

You're going to be laughed at with bids like you did for Kaka, get used to it. I'm not mad that they want to spend money, I don't like how they are going about the amount of money they are willing to dish.

Yes, Rafa is an absolute joke, so you saying that isn't a blow on me. I can't stand until we move on from him, and to be honest I wish it would be ASAP and we would get JOSE back in the EPL. Not going to happen though, Rafa probably will stay on after this season. (we will finish top 3, and lets see how we handle Real in Champs).

Either way, I was joking about relegation for City.
Have you watched a single City game all year?

Richards has been the worst defender on the team (with Dunne following close 2nd). Kompany, Zabeletta and Bridge (so far) have been great. Micah has been seeing some of his time cut for Onuoha lately.

Your comment about needing a whole new midfield is way off too. Steve Ireland has been our best player this year and probably one of the better midfielders in the EPL so far this year. SWP has been good this year and De Jong is a good signing to play CDM. I won't deny that we could use a center midfielder but to say we need a whole new midfield is absurd.

Your comment about us not needing a world class striker is idiotic. Robinho shouldn't be playing striker (and hasn't been now that we've got Bellamy). He's been playing more of a LF/LW sort of thing lately. While I like Bellamy I still think we need somone like David Villa (Valencia is short on money).

I think I've already been through this with you but how was City's purchase of Robino for 32 million out of control? United bought Berbatov for 30 mill and he's been shit compared to Robinho. Chelsea bough Sheva some years back for around 30 mill too I believe - and Sheva was pretty terrible during his time at Chelsea. United bought Rio Ferdinand from Leeds for 29 mill back in 2002 - that's an insane amount of money to spend 7 years ago. I'll throw in a couple more, United bought Veron for 28 mill from Lazio in 2001 and Rooney from Everton in 2004, how is that not absurd? I'd say that Robinho was a better purchase than both of them.

dw13
02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Have you watched a single City game all year?

Richards has been the worst defender on the team (with Dunne following close 2nd). Kompany, Zabeletta and Bridge (so far) have been great. Micah has been seeing some of his time cut for Onuoha lately.

Your comment about needing a whole new midfield is way off too. Steve Ireland has been our best player this year and probably one of the better midfielders in the EPL so far this year. SWP has been good this year and De Jong is a good signing to play CDM. I won't deny that we could use a center midfielder but to say we need a whole new midfield is absurd.

Your comment about us not needing a world class striker is idiotic. Robinho shouldn't be playing striker (and hasn't been now that we've got Bellamy). He's been playing more of a LF/LW sort of thing lately. While I like Bellamy I still think we need somone like David Villa (Valencia is short on money).

I think I've already been through this with you but how was City's purchase of Robino for 32 million out of control? United bought Berbatov for 30 mill and he's been shit compared to Robinho. Chelsea bough Sheva some years back for around 30 mill too I believe - and Sheva was pretty terrible during his time at Chelsea. United bought Rio Ferdinand from Leeds for 29 mill back in 2002 - that's an insane amount of money to spend 7 years ago. I'll throw in a couple more, United bought Veron for 28 mill from Lazio in 2001 and Rooney from Everton in 2004, how is that not absurd? I'd say that Robinho was a better purchase than both of them.

I'll start by saying I've seen alot of City this year. Also I'll add that Berbatov is playing a nice role in another league championship for United.

That being said, I wasn't slighting City for the most part. De Jong was absolutely a good signing and hes very keen defensively and thats what you need at this point. Robinho is still a striker, not sure what formation City has moved into but he is still upfront.

That being said, youre also not even close to crashing the top 4, and I don't think next year will be any differently. Ireland is a solid player, but he isn't youre best player. I know he has scored a handful this year but that really isn't true.

Of course snagging someone like David Villa who is a top 5 striker in the world would make anyone better, but scoring goals isn't the problem at City. Given is going to help in net, I've never been a fan of Hart. Richards still is your most talented defender although his form hasn't been great lately, and I'll agree about Bridge. He is solid outside, runs the flanks really nicely, always thought he was a decent defender.

De Jong might shake things up for City, I thought City should of been the team running the tables for Arshavin.

Who knows, I'm not a fan of City, not a fan of Hughes.

I know what its like to have a poor coach, atleast yours isn't making the Football club decisions like Rafa is for my squad.

Did you watch Liverpool/Portsmouth? What a lineup Rafa decided to throw out.

dw13
02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Guus Hiddink to Chelsea.

b_illin
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Guus Hiddink to Chelsea.

Fucking Blues....how many coaches does it take for Abramovich to realize he needs to fuck off and let a football person makes the decisions. He's gone through some great coaches!

Dawinna, didn't know you were a Liverpool fan! (it seems you are at least)

I wish we got more games in Canada - fucking MLSE owns the futbol channel now and I like the sport...but not enough to fork out $20-25/month to watch the games! (every month or two we get a Liverpool game....until Champion's League time....then usually every other week!)

dw13
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Fucking Blues....how many coaches does it take for Abramovich to realize he needs to fuck off and let a football person makes the decisions. He's gone through some great coaches!

Dawinna, didn't know you were a Liverpool fan! (it seems you are at least)

I wish we got more games in Canada - fucking MLSE owns the futbol channel now and I like the sport...but not enough to fork out $20-25/month to watch the games! (every month or two we get a Liverpool game....until Champion's League time....then usually every other week!)

Big times Reds fan.

MTR
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
USA vs. Mexico tonight. :hyper: I can't wait.

dw13
02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
USA vs. Mexico tonight. :hyper: I can't wait.

I always feel like a little kid when USA plays. Gonna have all my gear on.

MTR
02-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I love the idea of having this matchup first in the last round. Sets the tone. Mexico is bound to be out for blood tonight.

dw13
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
What happend to your German squad today Sucker?

dw13
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Real happy about tonights match. Heads kept cool, and played decent. Would still like to see more build up. Beasley looked to be in fine shape after his lay off, and Dempsey played great on the flank. Bradley is going to be very good, I loved him at the U-20 World Cup and he keeps growing.

I wish Altidore could see some time over seas, we need him in form for 2010. Howard is going to be the key in the back, because Oneywu is just absolutely sketchy, I can't stand the guy. Pearce played well, and Hedjuk ran his flank to perfect like normal.

Good win USA! :D

b_illin
02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Big times Reds fan.

I support them as well...although not as much this year as in years past (they used to show more games in the past...til they realized they could charge a bundle...fuckers).

My Grandpa was an Everton fan btw and the rest of my family cheers Man U & Chelsea....they love my support of the Reds :D

dw13
02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I support them as well...although not as much this year as in years past (they used to show more games in the past...til they realized they could charge a bundle...fuckers).

My Grandpa was an Everton fan btw and the rest of my family cheers Man U & Chelsea....they love my support of the Reds :D

Youre a rebel!

suckerpuncher
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
What happend to your German squad today Sucker?
They just had no desire to play. It was just an friendly in the middle of 2 league games so players took it as nothing more than an extra training session.

Pretty much what was expected. The coach tried some new stuff and players and substituting half the squad in the 2nd half with a lot of youngster and inexperienced guys didn't help either. They were just not used to play with each other.The timing of the passes and the routes they ran were just off.

But rest assure once it really counts again the team will be back at full strength. :lol:

dw13
02-12-2009, 09:02 PM
They just had no desire to play. It was just an friendly in the middle of 2 league games so players took it as nothing more than an extra training session.

Pretty much what was expected. The coach tried some new stuff and players and substituting half the squad in the 2nd half with a lot of youngster and inexperienced guys didn't help either. They were just not used to play with each other.The timing of the passes and the routes they ran were just off.

But rest assure once it really counts again the team will be back at full strength. :lol:

I hear ya. Saw they dominated possession/shots, just saw the score.

Youre still in fine shape. :D

b_illin
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
what a tool;

LONDON – Chelsea lost 65.7 million pounds ($117.1 million Canadian) last season, with almost a third of that total paid out in compensation to departed managers Jose Mourinho and Avram Grant by owner Roman Abramovich, according to financial figures released Friday.
Abramovich has signalled his ongoing commitment to the Premier League club by converting half of his interest-free loans – 339.8 million pounds ($605.1 million Canadian) – into equity in the financial year ending June 30, 2008.
"There should now be no doubt as to the owner's commitment to the club and the stability of the company's funding structure," chairman Bruce Buck said in a statement.
Stamford Bridge officials moved quickly last month to quash reports that Abramovich's interest is waning in the club he bought in 2003 and that he was looking for a buyer.
The London club has been unprofitable since the Russian billionaire bought the club, but chief executive Peter Kenyon has set a target of breaking even by 2009-10.
The losses announced Friday represented a 12 per cent drop on the previous financial year. Goup turnover increased 12 per cent to 213.1 million pounds ($379.5 million Canadian).
It cost Chelsea 23.1 million pounds ($41.4 million Canadian) in compensation to release Jose Mourinho in September 2007 and Avram Grant last May.
The results do not account for the impact on Abramovich's finances resulting from the worsening global economic turmoil, or the decision to dump Grant's replacement, Luiz Felipe Scolari, earlier this week.
"There is no doubt that the positive upward trends of turnover and the continued reduction in losses shows that Chelsea is building a strong business base to build on in what will be challenging times," Kenyon said. "We have consistently advocated the aim of self-sufficiency which has always been supported by the owner.
"We are hopeful of being close to these targets in the timeframes we have set given the underlying strengths of the business."
Kenyon warned that players will have to be sold if the manager wants to make additions in future. What isn't known is whether incoming manager Guus Hiddink will be staying after his interim deal expires at the end of the season to oversee a summer rebuilding project.
"Any squad restructuring in the summer will be funded predominantly by sales as we have consistently reduced our net transfer spend over the last five years and will attempt to continue this trend," Kenyon said.

dw13
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Won't say anything but I love seeing the Blues struggle.

By the way, I want us to can Rafa and make a push for Jose to come back to the EPL.

b_illin
02-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Won't say anything but I love seeing the Blues struggle.

By the way, I want us to can Rafa and make a push for Jose to come back to the EPL.

I don't know, I like Benitez...I know nobody else does, but I like him. Mourino...can't stand that fuck from the Blues days...I'd be pissed if he took over tbh

dw13
02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't know, I like Benitez...I know nobody else does, but I like him. Mourino...can't stand that fuck from the Blues days...I'd be pissed if he took over tbh

I love our Rafa

dw13
02-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Big win for Portsmouth.

b_illin
02-14-2009, 12:52 PM
How in the WORLD can you like Benitez? He crippled our strikers by selling Keane early (we didn't need the money back). He continually puts out questionable lineups in questionable positions.

Its about time he goes, or stops with his bullshit. The Gifted one, IMO, is the best Club Coach in the world. Jose is just a great coach, I never had a problem with him when he was with the Blues.

Who knows though, I wish Rafa would just get back to coaching instead of his media bullshit.

Because when it gets down to nitty gritty time, Rafa wins. I do agree his head has gotten a big though...I always HATED Jose for his media shit in Chelsea...how can you dislike Rafa for it and like Jose...the kind of the media shadow games!

dw13
02-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Because when it gets down to nitty gritty time, Rafa wins. I do agree his head has gotten a big though...I always HATED Jose for his media shit in Chelsea...how can you dislike Rafa for it and like Jose...the kind of the media shadow games!

Jose is a good enough coach to play games, IMO. Rafa hasn't proven SHIT.

By the way, lucky for Anelka today Chelsea fans!

dw13
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=619312&sec=england&cc=5901

Jose expects to be back at Chelsea "someday"

b_illin
02-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Jose is a good enough coach to play games, IMO. Rafa hasn't proven SHIT.

By the way, lucky for Anelka today Chelsea fans!

Well, he's won a UEFA Cup and the Champion's League - just like Jose.

While it may be partially true, this is why I hate him;

"Mourinho believes the Blues are still suffering from the after effects of his departure.He added: "Why have Chelsea suffered so much since I left? Because I left."

Fuck you!

narduch
02-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Mourinho won a Champion's League with Porto though. That's a pretty damn good accomplishment.

dw13
02-16-2009, 03:41 PM
He also has 2 premier titles? To Rafa's...... :blah:

b_illin
02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
He also has 2 premier titles? To Rafa's...... :blah:Sure, but he also lost both times he went up against Liverpool in Champion's League. Me, I'll take Champion's over the league title anyday! (and Rafa had built past teams for Champion's League, not EPL...thus there shitty results....now this team is built with the EPL title in mind and they are contending)

b_illin
02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Mourinho won a Champion's League with Porto though. That's a pretty damn good accomplishment.

I'm not saying Mourinho sucks, I was just defending Rafa. They have very similar backgrounds actually in terms of success.

dw13
02-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Sure, but he also lost both times he went up against Liverpool in Champion's League. Me, I'll take Champion's over the league title anyday! (and Rafa had built past teams for Champion's League, not EPL...thus there shitty results....now this team is built with the EPL title in mind and they are contending)

I'll take the first Liverpool EPL tite over a UCL right now. And it's been since what? We won it in 05, and we were in the finals in 07. So yeah, hes done his job UCL wise, but I'm still tapping my foot for an EPL title.

Edit: Obviously, I'll take the UCL title if we get it :D

dw13
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
UCL tomorrow, again. Whos pumped!

narduch
02-23-2009, 04:09 PM
UCL tomorrow, again. Whos pumped!

I am, now that I'm unemployed I don't have to tape it or watch crappy streams from work! :p

dw13
02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I am, now that I'm unemployed I don't have to tape it or watch crappy streams from work! :p

Theres a plus about baseball offseason.

I'll be at home routing on Jose and Inter to beat those damn Devils!

dw13
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Looks like ManU will get thru to the next round, I can't see Inter stopping them at Old Trafford.

CMON TOMORROW REDS, HUGEEEE LETS GET AN AWAY GOAL! Welcome back Captain Fantastic in great fashion!

dw13
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Bill, you pumped?!

dw13
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
even in our sloppy form we pull one out on the road! Lets take it back home to Anfield and move through baby! Torres' injury didn't look serious at all

suckerpuncher
02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Not sure if anybody watched the Bayern game. Probably not so let me talk about. Since I'm German I'll of course find negative things. :D

The good thing is the 5-0 win in Lisbon gives them a 99.99999% chance into the quarterfinals. And since a long time they were effective on converting on their scoring chances. Now it's time to do the same in the Bundesliga.

But there were some negative things too. The defense once again played bad. Although they didn't concede a goal Sporting had some very good chances. Other teams like the ones from England would have exploited those mistakes. So they really need to do something there or they will be kicked out in the quarter finals.
Another thing I didn't like was the way they played the first 60 minutes. The first goal was a great individual effort by Ribery and he showed why he's one of the best players in the world. And the second goal might havve been ofside but I'm not sure if Toni really touched the ball. At least Klose wasn't able to avoid being hit by the bal so the ball went in.
Only then they were able to play better after they broke Sporting with those 2 lucky goals.
But they need to be dominant from the opining minute to stand a chance in the quarter finals.

But enough with that. In the end the result counts and a 5-0 is a very, very good result.

b_illin
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Bill, you pumped?!
Yes! HUGE win!! Huge away goal....one goal lead on the aggregate!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(didn't get to see it here....TSN2 had the Chelsea/Juvy match...fuck you Rogers Cable)

narduch
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Yes! HUGE win!! Huge away goal....one goal lead on the aggregate!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(didn't get to see it here....TSN2 had the Chelsea/Juvy match...fuck you Rogers Cable)

Real Madrid - Liverpool is on TLN right now.

dw13
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Flicked between your game (until it was 3-0) and my Real/Liverpool game, sucker. You guys looked amazing offensively.

No Gerrard, no healthy Torres and we are in horrible form as of late AND we take a win on the road @ Real.

I'm a HAPPY guy!

narduch
02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Actually stayed up late last night to watch the Montreal Impact defeat Mexico's Santos Laguna 2-0 in CONCACAF Champions League. The return leg is next week in Mexico with a shot at the semis on the line. Montreal amazingly had 55,000+ fans at the Olympic Stadium. I really enjoy Montreal's style of play. It is very similar to what you see in Serie A.

Can't wait to take a trip in June to watch Toronto FC take on the Impact.

Just right now I'm getting ready to watch the Man City v. FC Copenhagen UEFA Cup game. Its on FSC/FSWC. I'll be rooting for Copenhagen as they have Canadian international Atiba Hutchinson on their team.

b_illin
02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Narduch, was that Liverpool game really on? I checked the bloody listings and it said it was curling on....maybe you get TSN2? I would have loved to have watched that match!

narduch
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Narduch, was that Liverpool game really on? I checked the bloody listings and it said it was curling on....maybe you get TSN2? I would have loved to have watched that match!

It was on tape delayed on TLN (Telelatino) at 4:40 pm. It had spannish commentary.

I'm sure all Rogers customers get TLN.

And just checked, TLN will also have the return leg as well. Tape delayed again. I believe there is another curling tournament that week, so TLN will be your saviour.

http://tlntv.com/soccer.aspx

By the way, I don't get TSN2. I'm contemplating switching to Bell ExpressVu if Rogers doesn't add TSN2 soon. Plus, right now, they have a deal to get RAI for free for one year if you make the switch, which would mean more Serie A, Serie B and Italian national team games if I get that channel.

Plus, it wouldn't have mattered if I had TSN2. TSN2 was showing Chelsea v Juve. Setanta had Real v Liverpool.

One last thing, not sure if I mentioned this, but Setanta is free in Canada for the month of March.

b_illin
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
It was on tape delayed on TLN (Telelatino) at 4:40 pm. It had spannish commentary.

I'm sure all Rogers customers get TLN.

And just checked, TLN will also have the return leg as well. Tape delayed again. I believe there is another curling tournament that week, so TLN will be your saviour.

http://tlntv.com/soccer.aspx

By the way, I don't get TSN2. I'm contemplating switching to Bell ExpressVu if Rogers doesn't add TSN2 soon. Plus, right now, they have a deal to get RAI for free for one year if you make the switch, which would mean more Serie A, Serie B and Italian national team games if I get that channel.

Plus, it wouldn't have mattered if I had TSN2. TSN2 was showing Chelsea v Juve. Setanta had Real v Liverpool.

One last thing, not sure if I mentioned this, but Setanta is free in Canada for the month of March.

Sweet post! (thanks)

I am so f'ing annoyed with Rogers about TSN2 (even emailed an EVP there who I know through family) and I want to switch too....but Bell SUCKS so much, I can't do it. I have threatened a bunch of times to leave, but I have already bitched so well and had my package reduced in price that they won't give me any more deals...it sucks....but I guess I did a good job so I should be happy...I just wish I had TSN2 so I could watch the Raps game tonight...I guess I'll have to go out instead :mad:

dw13
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Kiss our title hopes completely good bye.

narduch
02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the big 4, but I really don't want to see ManUre win. :mad:

dw13
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm sick to my stomach.

gagne21
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
even city beat Boro!

also, your title hopes were gone last week when you tied city.

dw13
02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
even city beat Boro!

also, your title hopes were gone last week when you tied city.

Not really, we still have ManU. But now its kissed good bye.

Leave the City talk alone though, we are in strong contention for another Champs League run.

dw13
03-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Gagne, I don't think either of us have much to say with the Hammers beating City. :(

MTR
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Fuck the top four. I am just glad Blackburn is fighting their way out of relegation. They are above the line again. :hyper:

gagne21
03-05-2009, 10:45 PM
City 2 - Villa 0

typical city, losing to the likes of west ham and stoke, yet beating teams like arsenal, villa and drawing liverpool (on the road).

dw13
03-05-2009, 11:49 PM
City 2 - Villa 0

typical city, losing to the likes of west ham and stoke, yet beating teams like arsenal, villa and drawing liverpool (on the road).

I hear ya. Its Liverpools way as well.

narduch
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Just a heads up for Canadian (or anyone for that matter), Champions League quarters 2nd legs start today. For Canadians, you can see the following live:

3:45 pm EST - Juve v Chelsea - on TLN (in Italian) and TSN2
3:45 pm EST - Liverpool v Real Madrid - on Setanta (which is free this month)

TLN will also be showing Liverpool v Real on tape delay following the first match.

Setanta will also be showing Panathinaikos vs Villareal and then Liverpool v Real followign their live match.

More games tomorrow as well.

b_illin
03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Just a heads up for Canadian (or anyone for that matter), Champions League quarters 2nd legs start today. For Canadians, you can see the following live:

3:45 pm EST - Juve v Chelsea - on TLN (in Italian) and TSN2
3:45 pm EST - Liverpool v Real Madrid - on Setanta (which is free this month)

TLN will also be showing Liverpool v Real on tape delay following the first match.

Setanta will also be showing Panathinaikos vs Villareal and then Liverpool v Real followign their live match.

More games tomorrow as well.

What channel is the free Setanta feed? HD?

narduch
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
What channel is the free Setanta feed? HD?

429 on Rogers.

I don't think its available in HD.

dw13
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Lets do it Reds! See through to the final 8!

dw13
03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Our best performance of the year, amazing! I just hopped off ridding Rafa Benitez all together for now! Good lord it was great to see our amazing counter back and everything clicking. Captain Fantastic is healthy and ready for Saturday!!!

By the way sucker... whats up with Bayern.. are they trying to make a point or something? Beating someone that bad twice is really uncalled for. Nice sportsmanship? :D

b_illin
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Holy fuck did the Reds dominate! Gerrard was awesome as was Torres and Alonso (man am I glad we kept him!)....Reina too. Will be tough to not have Mascherano next match, but woo-ha!

suckerpuncher
03-11-2009, 06:07 PM
By the way sucker... whats up with Bayern.. are they trying to make a point or something? Beating someone that bad twice is really uncalled for. Nice sportsmanship? :D
The had a pretty bad year in the Bundesliga so far. Only in 3rd place and 4 points behind the leader is not what the team wanted. And they also pretty some bad soccer this year. They even gave up 2 goal leads a couple of times this season which normally never happens.
And last week they lost in the German Cup and were eliminated in the quarter-finals.

So scoring 12 goals in 2 UCL games gives some conifence for the rest of the season. And another good thing about the 7-1 was that the team played very good even without Toni and Ribery and also the fact they took the game seriously. They could havejust tried to cover the 5-0 win from the first leg like they did so many times before but no they went out and played. But the negative thing now is that none of the 12 goals is worth anything in the quarter-finals.

dw13
03-12-2009, 02:26 AM
I know theyve been having problems in the Bundis, I was just giving you hell. 12 goals is nuts! Maybe it'll help your chances in the draw. I'd love to see you guys pick up Chelsea or Barca right now with those two clubs in such good form. Take care of them for me :D

suckerpuncher
03-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I hope for one of the easier teams in the quarter- and semi-finals so Bayern can reach the final once again. And that final match is hopefully once again against ManU like that legendary final 10 years ago in 1999. But this time the result should be the other way around.

b_illin
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I'd WAY rather see a Reds/Red Devil's final....I was disappointed when it didn't happen last year....almost!

dw13
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd WAY rather see a Reds/Red Devil's final....I was disappointed when it didn't happen last year....almost!

No thanks, give me them next round and lets get rid of all this quad-trophie talk.

dw13
03-14-2009, 10:45 AM
My god are we in great form or what? Moving Jamie to RB right before the game was classic by Rafa!! AWESOME win, we may not still get into the EPL race but we sure put ManU to rest!

b_illin
03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
My god are we in great form or what? Moving Jamie to RB right before the game was classic by Rafa!! AWESOME win, we may not still get into the EPL race but we sure put ManU to rest!

Yeah, I love beating Man U - when I got into football while overseas 9 years ago, it was Liverpool playing Man U that really got me into it (my english buddy was a big Liverpool supoorter). It's been a helluva ride ever since seeing them go from UEFA Cup team to perennial Champion's League powerhouse. Sweet :cool:

dw13
03-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Tough luck with Klose, sucker. Broke ankle possibly? Thats rough.

suckerpuncher
03-16-2009, 05:56 AM
As far as I know something with a tendon in his ankle. They need to operate to see how bad it is and how long he'll be out.

With Toni also injured andDonovan going back to L.A. Galaxy Podolski is now the only healthy striker. That's really bad.

MTR
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
St. Louis was not named today as an expansion team for MLS. :( They have gone with Vancouver. Now they do plan on announcing another city very soon but I just worry at this point they are not going to go with St. Louis even though it makes sense.

narduch
03-18-2009, 06:02 PM
St. Louis was not named today as an expansion team for MLS. :( They have gone with Vancouver. Now they do plan on announcing another city very soon but I just worry at this point they are not going to go with St. Louis even though it makes sense.

The other city is going to be Portland. The announcement for that will be on Friday.

They are going to add an additional 2 teams in 2012 apparently. I would think St. Louis are the front runners for that one.

dw13
03-19-2009, 12:08 AM
New deal for Rafa to stay at Anfield. Mixed feelings, time will tell.

MTR
03-19-2009, 08:34 AM
The other city is going to be Portland. The announcement for that will be on Friday.

They are going to add an additional 2 teams in 2012 apparently. I would think St. Louis are the front runners for that one.

We have been front runners for the last like 3 teams or something. Lets see. Philly, Seattle, and now Vancouver have gotten teams ahead of us since we started trying to get one. Yeah I heard reports that Portland will get the other team and be announced on Friday. Not a happy camper here. St. Louis deserves a team. Nothing against the other cities but it seems like MLS is just stringing our group along.

I had not heard about teams for 2012 though. Last I heard that they were going to wait a bit after the two teams in 2011 before adding more.

narduch
03-19-2009, 08:39 AM
We have been front runners for the last like 3 teams or something. Lets see. Philly, Seattle, and now Vancouver have gotten teams ahead of us since we started trying to get one. Yeah I heard reports that Portland will get the other team and be announced on Friday. Not a happy camper here. St. Louis deserves a team. Nothing against the other cities but it seems like MLS is just stringing our group along.

I had not heard about teams for 2012 though. Last I heard that they were going to wait a bit after the two teams in 2011 before adding more.

During the Vancouver announcement, Don Garber let slip that 2 more teams will be added in 2012. I think its because he still liked the St. Louis and Ottawa (don't laugh) bids so much. Plus I think he wants to grab the money while he still can.

I was always under the impression that the problem with the St. Louis bid was a lack of investors willing to put up the franchise fee? Which is amazing considering that they already have stadium funding in place.

suckerpuncher
03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
How comes the system soccer operates in gets constantly raped in NA?

Everywhere else there's 1 league and not 2 or more seperate divisions. And an easy and balanced schedule. You play each team twice (or depending on league size 4 times) and the team with the best overall record is the champ. No fency playoffs or unbalanced schedules.

I know there are some differences in South America with the Clausura and Apertura tournaments where the season is split in 2 championshipships and where you only play each team once during each chmapionship but in the ned the system itself is pretty much the same.
And yes, I know the International Club competions like UCL or Copa Libertadores etc. obey a different set of system but that's because they take place at the same as the domestic league competition and the domestic cup competition and therefore need to be cut short to fix it into the schedule.

MTR
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Well that gives me more hope we will still snag a team. Sucks since we have the deal in place and the stadium can be ready by next year I think.

Yeah they keep saying they are worried about the ownership group. I think part of the problem from what I have heard is that are more people ready to invest but they want to wait until St. Louis gets the team which sucks because MLS wants the ownership group more solid before they hand over a team.

Killing me. I know they want to put a team here. It makes sense to put a team here. Yet we are still without a team. :(

Well at least we got a WPS team even though they are going to have to play over at SIUE for at least one season.

MTR
03-19-2009, 09:50 AM

Everywhere else there's 1 league and not 2 or more seperate divisions. And an easy and balanced schedule. You play each team twice (or depending on league size 4 times) and the team with the best overall record is the champ. No fency playoffs or unbalanced schedules.

I know there are some differences in South America with the Clausura and Apertura tournaments where the season is split in 2 championshipships and where you only play each team once during each chmapionship but in the ned the system itself is pretty much the same.
And yes, I know the International Club competions like UCL or Copa Libertadores etc. obey a different set of system but that's because they take place at the same as the domestic league competition and the domestic cup competition and therefore need to be cut short to fix it into the schedule.

I admit the schedule could be done better but they work on trying to have teams close to each other play each other more and teams farther apart on play twice due to the travel. Still could probably be done different and better.

Yeah there is more than one division and I think that is just because in most if not all North American sports we have more than one division so they are just following the same plan.

As far as playoffs go well North America loves playoffs and I think MLS just went with it in order to help attract fans.

There is the USL here but technically they are not tied to MLS even though you have the leagues in place to basically do like most countries and have a top league and lower leagues and do promotion and relegation and such. That being said I doubt you will ever see relegation and promotion take place over here. Owners will not go for it. They spend too much money on teams for them to have a bad year and get stuck playing in the lower division.

b_illin
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM

NA's love rivalries...

suckerpuncher
03-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Bloody draw in the UCL.

First of all against Barca in the quarter final. And then against the winner of Liverpool/Chelsea which will most likely be Chelsea in the semis.
And then to fullfill my wish against ManU in the finals.
Not an easy road but still doable.

dw13
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Bloody draw in the UCL.

First of all against Barca in the quarter final. And then against the winner of Liverpool/Chelsea which will most likely be Chelsea in the semis.

The Goose has them in pretty good form, but I'll take our chance against them. Essien being back is the only scary part of that team.

Bad draw for your Bayern boys though

b_illin
03-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Bloody draw in the UCL.

and what makes you think that?!? (history would suggest otherwise)

dw13
03-23-2009, 12:43 AM
:D

Bye Villa!

narduch
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Putting this in the proper thread....

For the 2nd straight year I traveled to Columbus to watch TFC.

Here is the scene after TFC tied the game late.

YouTube - Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC smoke bombs 3/28/2009

b_illin
03-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Reminds me of the Lazio game I saw at Olympic Stadium in Rome - pure chaos!

b_illin
04-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Shite

Champions League gets boot from TSN (http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/2009/04/champions-league-gets-boot-from-tsn.html)

With Fox Soccer Channel outbidding ESPN for the rights to the UEFA Champions League series, TSN will say goodbye to the European soccer series after this season.
The Fox deal ends 15 years of Champions League soccer on TSN, which gets the series thanks to its relationship with ESPN. But Canadian fans may not lose out on this, unless they don't subscribe to Sportsnet.
Most likely, the series will switch over to Setanta Canada, with Rogers Sportsnet picking up a package similar to what TSN had. That's not confirmed at this point, but because the two channels work hand in hand it's a probable scenario.
While the development is a big blow to ESPN's plans to be a major player on the soccer front in the U.S., the same does not apply to TSN. In fact, it's a better fit for Sportsnet, which is more interested in soccer than its Canadian rival.

narduch
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Bill, this is probably good news for Canadians, as it will most likely mean not missing CL games due to Curling.

b_illin
04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Bill, this is probably good news for Canadians, as it will most likely mean not missing CL games due to Curling.

good if you subscribe to setanta!

narduch
04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
good if you subscribe to setanta!

We don't know yet. The article mentioned games on Rogers Sportsnet, with the overflow on Setanta, which is similar to the situation right now.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if the games end up on FSWC.

b_illin
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
We don't know yet. The article mentioned games on Rogers Sportsnet, with the overflow on Setanta, which is similar to the situation right now.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if the games end up on FSWC.

????

(yeah, I read about Sportsnet...I just have a bad feeling)

narduch
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
????

(yeah, I read about Sportsnet...I just have a bad feeling)

Fox Sports World Canada. Its the Canadian equivalent of FSC in the US.

Its channel 415 on Rogers and is about $2.50/month to order. I order it for Serie A games.

b_illin
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Fox Sports World Canada. Its the Canadian equivalent of FSC in the US.

Its channel 415 on Rogers and is about $2.50/month to order. I order it for Serie A games.

didn't even know....$2.50/month I could do....the $25 or whatever for Setanta(?) I cannot....or more accurately, will not!

dw13
04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
FSC is worth 2.50 easily.

b_illin
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Anybody up here (Bernard??) know if the Liverpool/Chelsea match is on TV today? TSN shows it as being on tomorrow which is weird...

narduch
04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Uhhh. Its on live on TSN2 due to curling. :banghead:

I was looking forward to being able flip back and forth between this game and Barca v Bayern on TLN. I guess that's not going to happen.

I'm seriously considering making the switch to Bell Express Vu. If Rogers doesn't add TSN2 by the time the NHL playoffs start I am canceling Rogers.

suckerpuncher
04-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Damn, that Bayern game will turn out very ugly for Bayern. I hope they concede less than 6 goalls.

dw13
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm sick to my stomach.

b_illin
04-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm sick to my stomach.

That was rough....especially with all the almost goals by Liverpool (although the same could be said for Chelsea/Drgoba). I stayed up to 2am for that! Oi :mad:

MTR
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
They said on the news today that St. Louis plans on bidding to be a location for World Cup games if the US manages to land the World Cup. :hyper: Kind of cool. Granted we have quite a while to wait to see if the US even gets the Cup but still I am glad they are going for it.

If Chicago gets the Olympic games they are shooting for St. Louis more than likely would host some of the soccer games.

I just found out yesterday that DC United has to qualify for the US Open Cup. I know that due to the standings from last year that they fall into that group that has to do play in games but you would think they would have put in a rule about defending champions getting in or something. :(

dw13
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM
That was rough....especially with all the almost goals by Liverpool (although the same could be said for Chelsea/Drgoba). I stayed up to 2am for that! Oi :mad:

We had very few chances. Guus just flat out ran at Skrtel the whole day, which honestly, is the way to play Liverpool obviously. Lets hope this doesn't affect our EPL form.

b_illin
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
They said on the news today that St. Louis plans on bidding to be a location for World Cup games if the US manages to land the World Cup. :hyper: Kind of cool. Granted we have quite a while to wait to see if the US even gets the Cup but still I am glad they are going for it.

If Chicago gets the Olympic games they are shooting for St. Louis more than likely would host some of the soccer games.

I just found out yesterday that DC United has to qualify for the US Open Cup. I know that due to the standings from last year that they fall into that group that has to do play in games but you would think they would have put in a rule about defending champions getting in or something. :(

The US had the World Cup 15 yrs ago....there are loads of other places more deservant!

MTR
04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
And there is a good chance we won't get it but you never know. I hope Australia nabs one of the bids honestly.

suckerpuncher
04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
The only place for a World Cup to be held is right here in Germany. :D

MTR
04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I think the next European country to host should be England.

That being said I still want the US to get one of the bids. :D

dw13
04-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Atleast it didn't ruin our EPL form.

dw13
04-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Fulhams good stretch continues as the American Clint Dempsey gives Man City the bizz

narduch
04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Bill, you are in luck today, as TSN is showing Chelsea v Liverpool live.

Bayern v Barca will be live on TSN2 and TLN (in Spanish). Although I can't really see how this game will be compelling. You never know though.

b_illin
04-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey Bill, you are in luck today, as TSN is showing Chelsea v Liverpool live.

Bayern v Barca will be live on TSN2 and TLN (in Spanish). Although I can't really see how this game will be compelling. You never know though.

too bad we're fucked! (I am going to get a haircut at my longtime barber who is now up at Centre/Dufferin....a bunch of Italian guys....who will give me so much shit for last weeks Liverpool showing...oi)

gagne21
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
next to the City v. Gillingham promotion game in 99, this is the best game I've ever seen.

dw13
04-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Lampards second goal should not of been. How they missed ballack tackling Kuyt from behind on the clear is beyond me.. especially after how tight the ref called the game.

I'm extremely disgusted with the outcome, I never thought I'd say this after the first leg but I thought we deserved to go through and the ref took it from us.

b_illin
04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Lampards second goal should not of been. How they missed ballack tackling Kuyt from behind on the clear is beyond me.. especially after how tight the ref called the game.

I'm extremely disgusted with the outcome, I never thought I'd say this after the first leg but I thought we deserved to go through and the ref took it from us.
I agree, that 2nd goal by Lampard should not have been. Fucking robbed after showing some serious heart!

Oh, I FUCKING HATE that pussy fuck Drogba. The shit he pulled in penalty time was a joke.

narduch
04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
That was a great game. I almost didn't watch it, figuring it was going to suck.

Not sure if I like to play the blame the referee game. I though the penalty was a tad weak.

Hopefully today's matches can be just as compelling.

dw13
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
That was a great game. I almost didn't watch it, figuring it was going to suck.

Not sure if I like to play the blame the referee game. I though the penalty was a tad weak.

Hopefully today's matches can be just as compelling.

If youre going to call a tight game all game long, and then miss the most crucial one of the game, I have a problem.

dw13
04-25-2009, 01:00 PM
This ManU comeback looks like they will seal the deal for the title.

b_illin
05-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Big win today for Liverpool....still within 3 pts!

dw13
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Big win today for Liverpool....still within 3 pts!

I knew we would handle the Toon without Torres even. We need Arsenal to take the full 3 at Old Trafford badly.

Winger72
05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
We need Arsenal to take the full 3 at Old Trafford badly.

Hopefully, Arsenal can also take the 2nd leg of the Championship League Semifinal.

Would love to see Arsenal spoil things for Man U.

dw13
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Iniesta!!!!!!!!!!!

I see things being pretty easy though for Man U in the finals.. no Abidal or Dani Alves.

b_illin
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I am SUPER happy Chelsea didn't make it....again!

dw13
05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I am SUPER happy Chelsea didn't make it....again!

Well, they made it last year. But it was good to see them knocked out... again!

What a game :rolleyes:

b_illin
05-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, they made it last year. But it was good to see them knocked out... again!

What a game :rolleyes:

Why did I think AC Milan lost last year - weird.

If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be miffed...but I'm not, so I'm all smiles :D:D:D

dw13
05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Why did I think AC Milan lost last year - weird.

If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be miffed...but I'm not, so I'm all smiles :D:D:D

Arsenal knocked out Milan last year if I'm not mistaken.

But I agree, later chelsea.

b_illin
05-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Damn you Man U!!

dw13
05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Damn you Man U!!

Need now out-of-form Arsenal to take all 3 from them at Old Trafford.

suckerpuncher
05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
ManU will win the EPL no matter how much you pray for it not to happen. Arsenal won't have a chance to win at Old Trafford.
But nice to see all those L'Pool fans still dreaming about something they won't get this year. :lol:

The trickier thing is UCL. If Barca brings their A game like they played against Bayern and Real it will be hard for ManU to defend the UCL. But if Barca plays like they did at Stamford Bridge ManU will crush them.

dw13
05-10-2009, 03:31 PM
ManU will win the EPL no matter how much you pray for it not to happen. Arsenal won't have a chance to win at Old Trafford.
But nice to see all those L'Pool fans still dreaming about something they won't get this year. :lol:

The trickier thing is UCL. If Barca brings their A game like they played against Bayern and Real it will be hard for ManU to defend the UCL. But if Barca plays like they did at Stamford Bridge ManU will crush them.

ManU hasn't played that great at Old Trafford this year, there is reason for hope.

Barca doesn't have Abidal, Dani Alves, or Marquez. They'll have a blunder time on D, ManU should win.

dw13
05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
By the way, I don't think they will lose at home to Arsenal, but I sure am hoping :D.

dw13
05-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Wigan played with my heart, I was screaming during the whole game and then :(

dw13
05-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Lost to Arsenal's youth in the first leg of the final 4-1 @ Emirates. Going to be tough for our kids to rebound next week at Anfield.

dw13
06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Gareth Barry to Man City. Great pick up Gagne.. I'm horribly disappointed he isn't a Red. I'm guessing this means we keep Alonso and focus on a striker, and an outside middy. (Silva and Villa :D)

dw13
06-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Kaka to Real. That is a huge blow to Italian football, Diego will be nice for Juve. AC better hope Chelsea doesn't swoop in on Pato.

narduch
06-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I have a chance to see Kaka and Real Madrid take on Toronto FC in August for the low price of $125. I think I'll pass. I'll just watch it on TV instead.

b_illin
06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I remember reading not long ago how Kaka was for sure sticking around...maybe not! :D

dw13
06-09-2009, 12:01 PM
I remember reading not long ago how Kaka was for sure sticking around...maybe not! :D

For that type of money, theres no doubt that AC was looking to rebuild, and Kaka could net huge money and go to a top flight club.

I hope Pato stays away from Chelsea :(

phaneuf6
06-11-2009, 09:00 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=281527

Wow.

narduch
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=281527

Wow.

Awesome. I'm scalping my tickets for sure now. :p

phaneuf6
06-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Awesome. I'm scalping my tickets for sure now. :p

People will pay too, especially if Ronaldo does indeed work something out.

b_illin
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
See ya Cristiano...I for one am happy you're out of the EPL....I hate you too! ;)

dw13
06-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Kaka and Ronaldo trying to have the ball together? Better get two balls out there.

dw13
06-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Took the day off for this. Even with the BULLSHIT send off of Ricardo Clark. Altidore gets beauty from Feilhaber and draws the PK. Donovan puts her home.

1-0 at Half. Lets do it.

moans
06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Brazil beats Egypt 4-3 on a last minute penalty kick by kaka

dw13
06-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Brazil beats Egypt 4-3 on a last minute penalty kick by kaka

Very entertaining game.

The American Trader Rossi ties this game up. USA needs to hold back and play for the draw.

dw13
06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
The two Italians, we HATE score to make it 2-1. That Red card was a complete JOKE in the first half.

moans
06-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I just found the game streaming on cbc.ca. I really hope the US wins, I dispise the Italians.

moans
06-15-2009, 03:05 PM
both goals by Italy were quite nice, despite that they still suck.

dw13
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
both goals by Italy were quite nice, despite that they still suck.

They were well struck, but the first goal by TraderRossi should of never been given away in that point of the pitch... and then De Rossi's Oneywu needs to either hit that out with his left, or get out of the way.

Either way, real fusterating after how well we played the first 30-35 minutes :blah:

dw13
06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I fucking hate Giuseppe Rossi

suckerpuncher
06-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Who doesn't hate the Italians?

Anyway I'm still a bit disappointed that we only got a 0-0 draw agaisnt Spain at the Under 21 EURO. So many chances in the second half but still no goal. That teams has no real striker and it will cost them the U21 EURO. A damn shame.

And good luck with Jermaine Jones who now plays for the USA. Keep him - That's all I have to say.

narduch
06-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I fucking hate Giuseppe Rossi

Haha, me too. The Owen Whoregreaves of the USA.

dw13
06-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Who doesn't hate the Italians?

Anyway I'm still a bit disappointed that we only got a 0-0 draw agaisnt Spain at the Under 21 EURO. So many chances in the second half but still no goal. That teams has no real striker and it will cost them the U21 EURO. A damn shame.

And good luck with Jermaine Jones who now plays for the USA. Keep him - That's all I have to say.

Solid kid? Haven't seen much of Shalke as of late. How would you rate Jones?

I had your Spain/Germany U21 game on stream during the USA game. You guys definitely had your chances. Solid young squad you got there.

And I hear ya narduch, Rossi is a bitchboy.

suckerpuncher
06-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Solid kid? Haven't seen much of Shalke as of late. How would you rate Jones?

I had your Spain/Germany U21 game on stream during the USA game. You guys definitely had your chances. Solid young squad you got there.

And I hear ya narduch, Rossi is a bitchboy.

He had a pretty good second half with Schalke. But he's unproven on the international level. But he runs his mouth like he already won a couple of titles but in fact he hasn't won anything so far. He should be a starter for team USA nonetheless but he could be trouble if things don't go his way.

He maybe wasn't quite talented enough for our team though but he may have gotten enother chance if he would have been able to follow up his second half performance with another good performance at the beginning of the next season.
So he took the easy way out by playing for another country. And a lot of people including me don't like that bailing out mentality.

And I'm not even talking about his last interview which he later corrected and said the reporter from the NY Times misquoted him and blown things out of proportion (the thing where it was said he's disliked here because of his tattoos and his skin color).

It's true that his rebel mentality doesn't really fit the collective mentality of the actual coaching staff but like I said if he could have followed up his performance it would have been hard to ignore him.

dw13
06-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks Sucker. I've heard good things skill wise, he would be a nice pairing with Altidore. But I know he is a punk

dw13
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Report is that Pompey has accepted a $18M or so bid for Glen Johnson. They owe us 7 still from the Crouch deal anyways so its about 11M or so.

I like it, we haven't had a class right back in a long time and Arbeloa was nothing special. We still need a winger and would love Silva or Lavezzi.

Also, Torres calls for Villa to Benitez. We would need to sell Babel and Lucas and more to have the funds, it will never happen... but damn it would be sweet!

dw13
06-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Man, oh, Man. Sucker, your German U21 team looked awesome so far thru 60 minutes vs. Finland.

moans
06-24-2009, 03:02 PM
well how about that, US beating Spain 2-0 in the 75th minute. I wouldn't hate it if they held on for the victory.

dw13
06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Finally they give Davies some time and let Dempsey run a bit more free. We looked great with this lineup vs. Egypt and now even better vs. Spain. Altidore with a great first goal and Feilhaber looked awesome when coming on.

HUGE strides for US soccer, need some consistency now when we get back together for Mexico.

84th minute, lets hope we hold on!

dw13
06-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Another just piss poor part on the ref's part to red card Mike Bradley. First challenge all game long, yeah strong but thats a yellow card no doubt.

dw13
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Whata day for US soccer! Reminds me of the 02 World cup and beating Portugal.

Great win, regardless of the outcome in the finals.

dw13
06-26-2009, 01:41 PM
England thru to the finals vs winner of Italy and Germany (good luck sucker, I'm watchin!)

dw13
06-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Congrats Suckerpuncher.. looking forward to Mondays(?) final. Joe Hart suspended for England, and Frazier Campbell as well.

Good luck

suckerpuncher
06-26-2009, 03:41 PM
We won by a lucky goal but we take. Now we have the historic chance for the treble. We already won the last U17 and the U19 championship and now off to the U21 finals.

And another arch rival already waits. Can't get any better.

Too bad that Dejagah got his 2nd yellow card and is now suspended. But Neuer is not and he'll win the match for us again.

On a side note I hope he'll get traded to Bayern. He's probably the best of our top goalies. (Not that the oher once like Enke or Adler or Wiese are too shabby either. Too bad you can only start one goalie.)

dw13
06-26-2009, 03:45 PM
We won by a lucky goal but we take. Now we have the historic chance for the treble. We already won the last U17 and the U19 championship and now off to the U21 finals.

And another arch rival already waits. Can't get any better.

Too bad that Dejagah got his 2nd yellow card and is now suspended. But Neuer is not and he'll win the match for us again.

I forgot you guys won the U17, and I had known you won the U19... you beat Italy in all 3 tournaments, no?

Yeah Dejagah's dive was questionable, he stepped on his foot it looked like.

Germany and England is who I wanted to see in the finals so it should be strong. Campbell acted like a punk after seeing his second yellow after coming on as a sub. Not to mention, Joe Harts yellow was for being a punk as well.

Going to be a fun finale, between that and the confeds cup, can't beat it.

suckerpuncher
06-26-2009, 03:54 PM
There was some contact on the Dejagah yellow card so it wasn't a dive but not a foul either.

England is very dangerous on set plays. We conceced our only goal during the tournament after a corner by England. And all 3 goals against Sweden today were scored after set plays, too.So the team needs to be alerted at all times.

But it should be a great game.

Btw. isn't it beautiful that soccer is played all year long even during the summer times there's some tournament. It's just great.

dw13
06-26-2009, 04:27 PM
There was some contact on the Dejagah yellow card so it wasn't a dive but not a foul either.

England is very dangerous on set plays. We conceced our only goal during the tournament after a corner by England. And all 3 goals against Sweden today were scored after set plays, too.So the team needs to be alerted at all times.

But it should be a great game.

Btw. isn't it beautiful that soccer is played all year long even during the summer times there's some tournament. It's just great.

I agree completely on Dejagah's yellow.

England is real strong on set plays, Milner plays some awesome balls in, with people like Richards getting forward they are real strong in the air. Suspect on D at times, considering alot of them are playing out of position (Cainie, Richards), so you could open them up that way.

Yeah, you can't beat soccer. Love it, all summer long, all year long.

dw13
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Bob Bradley is such a pathetic coach. To bring on Sasch and Bornstein is just incredibly stupid. I love the run our players made and how they gutted it out but it won't work when your coach puts in players to fail.

suckerpuncher
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes!!!!!
The first ever Unified Junior European Champs.

Never thought it would be such a clear win against England but it's always great to see a 4-0 win over England.

The future seems to look bright. Now it's time to follow it up in 2010 in South Africa with the World Cup.

dw13
06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes!!!!!
The first ever Unified Junior European Champs.

Never thought it would be such a clear win against England but it's always great to see a 4-0 win over England.

The future seems to look bright. Now it's time to follow it up in 2010 in South Africa with the World Cup.

Pretty damn good win for you guys, I had a feeling you could open them up at the back. Awesome win, U17, 19 and 21 all yours. Great feeling I can imagine

dw13
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Not sure if Gagne posts here anymore... but how do you like the Tevez and Gareth Barry signings? And possibly Adebayor soon? ManCity still needs to get some players to play behind the ball! I hear Terry is willing to talk to them, surprising to me.

narduch
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
I think Man City is planning a 1-1-8 formation next season. :p

dw13
07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I think Man City is planning a 1-1-8 formation next season. :p

Wouldn't surprise me :D

suckerpuncher
07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I think ManCity is/was interested in Lucio who can leave Bayern if the price is right. Van Gaal is not a big fan of Lucio that's why he's available and there were some talks during the ConFed Cup but the offer by ManCity was too low at that time.
But he still will most likely end up there.

dw13
07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I think ManCity is/was interested in Lucio who can leave Bayern if the price is right. Van Gaal is not a big fan of Lucio that's why he's available and there were some talks during the ConFed Cup but the offer by ManCity was too low at that time.
But he still will most likely end up there.

Yeah Lucio and Terry I hear they want one of the two.. Lucio seems obviously more realistic.

MTR
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
US vs Mexico starting soon. US needs to finally get a win in Mexico City.

dw13
08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
No Altidore, Spector or Feilhaber starting. I cannot stand Bradley, but lets hope he knows something I don't!

Lets do it USA, be back after the game fellas!

By the way, sucker, I watched the Germany game... ugly, huh? :scared: