PDA

View Full Version : Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

dw13
03-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Glen Johnson was five players down the line when Luis Suarez seemingly refused to shake hands with Patrice Evra at Old Trafford last month. He didn’t see it.
The Liverpool defender has watched it plenty of times on television since, though, and he is convinced of what happened.
‘Evra was clever at Old Trafford,’ said Johnson, extending his hand directly towards me. ‘Because - I’m not being funny - but if I wanted to shake your hand I would stick it right out in front of me like that. But if my hand is down here, almost by my side, then it’s because I really don’t want to shake your hand.

On the ball: Glen Johnson is convinced Luis Suarez would never use racist words and backs him over the Patrice Evra handshake affair
‘Luis didn’t shake his hand because Evra’s hand was down there. What else is Luis supposed to do? Would you go to shake someone’s hand if their hand is way down there by their side? Course not. But then, because Luis didn’t do it, Evra has pulled him back by his arm as he walked on, as if to say to everybody: “Look, I wanted to shake his hand and he didn’t…”
‘He’s following Luis with his eyes as if to say: “Right he’s gone, he’s gone (past me) so I’ll pull him back now…” Evra probably stayed up all night thinking about how to do that. The whole thing was ridiculous.’
This week Johnson became the first member of Kenny Dalglish’s squad to talk in detail about the Suarez-Evra episode, a saga that shook football and - in many people’s eyes - left a dent in Liverpool’s reputation.
It would appear that those who think the resentment surrounding this awful dispute has vanished are quite wrong.

Class, Glen Johnson.

suckerpuncher
03-08-2012, 07:22 PM
:zzz:

What else should Johnson say? Can't expect them to criticize Suarez or even throw him under the bus. And just like everyone else Johnson is entitled to his opinion. Still doesn't mean he's right just because he watched the video and came up with some sort of theory.

What is more interesting is the fact that they bring it up now weeks later just when everybody was moving on and started to forget about it. Makes you wonder why now.

dw13
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
:zzz:

What else should Johnson say? Can't expect them to criticize Suarez or even throw him under the bus. And just like everyone else Johnson is entitled to his opinion. Still doesn't mean he's right just because he watched the video and came up with some sort of theory.

What is more interesting is the fact that they bring it up now weeks later just when everybody was moving on and started to forget about it. Makes you wonder why now.

It's a side of the story that is ignored by the media and most people alike because for some odd reason, it's too silly to ever see a different side other than Evra's. But of course, GJ's opinion on the matter isn't fact... either is Evra's.

Yet the whole country boo's him, he can't leave the Mersey without being called a racist and he can do VERY little to change the opinion of him.

So yeah, maybe some have started to move on (Hearing boo's every match suggests otherwise) but Liverpool hasn't. One of our beloved players has had his reputation and LIFE tarnished over he said/she said and theatrics.

I know you don't pay attention much to English football. But this is long forgotten. We've still got someones lively hood being threatened almost daily.

suckerpuncher
03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
That's more like it. Up 5-0 at half time and especially Ribery with a world class performance.
Home/away == day/night.

dw13
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso.

Ahh, those were the days.

Liverpool are just complete shit.

dw13
03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Swansea just turned the title race on its head.

They are such a credit to football.

suckerpuncher
03-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Guess that 7-0 makes look Leverkusen's loss against Barca a bit better. :lol:

Great game today. Now 14 goals in the last 2 games. What a difference 2 weeks make.

And Gomez with 4 goals (incl. a natural hat-trick) today after 3 on Saturday. Correct me if I'm wrong but those 7 goals might very well be more goals than Carroll, Kuyt and Torres scored during the last 14 month. ;)

dw13
03-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Love winning the derby.

Hey, wind up merchant. 5 times. 5 times. 5 times.

Gerrard with 3 today. He takes the pants off that Mario Gomez donkey.

:beer:

suckerpuncher
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Yeah, of course 3 goals in a mediocreside derby are that much more impressive than 4 goals in a round of last 16 matchup in the UCL against a team that eliminated ManU. :rolleyes: ;)

And even if technically maybe a bit handicapped that 72 goals in his last 72 games show that he has something a lot of strikers lack. The instinct to be where he needs to be to score.

dw13
03-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah because defeating ManU means something to me :lol:

Don't mention Liverpool and I won't mention Bayern, or the donkeys that take the pitch for them.

dw13
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Everyone pray for Fabrice Muamba. I was just watching FA Cup footy and he collapsed in the middle of the pitch with a heart attack. He's struggling for his life. Hope he can pull through. YNWA

dw13
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Reported he is in stable condition now in the hospital.

Wonderful news.

suckerpuncher
03-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Just came home after a long. That a really sad news.

There still seem to be conflicting reports about his situation. Some say he's in stable condition other say he's critically ill in intensive care like the official statement released about an hour ago.

Let's all hope he gets through this.

dw13
03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah I'm seeing that.

I pray he recovers from this. Really heart breaking stuff.

dw13
03-18-2012, 08:29 AM
The next 24ish hours will be decisive in his life. If he makes it or not.

Cmon Fabrice!!!

dw13
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Cup double here we come!!!

dw13
03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Muamba is improving.

Suarez wants to sign a new deal.

Get in!

dw13
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Football is so cruel.

suckerpuncher
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Great game and with a little bit of luck in the penalty shootout it's a clash with Dortmund for cup title #16.

But the storyline of the day is of course history repeating itself with Dante missing the penalty just like Matthäus did in '84 against Bayern with Gladbach just before joining Bayern.

dw13
04-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Reina off. Misses the FA Cup Semi-final.

Liverpool destroyed.

35m striker lumps his shirt off a complete disgrace while a 9m striker shreds Liverpool.

My heart hurts, badly.

suckerpuncher
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Fuck, there goes title number 1 this season.

dw13
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Fuck, there goes title number 1 this season.

You're not winning the CL. ;)

suckerpuncher
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I know. And the German Cup final is just days before the UCL final (if we even make it there) and also against Dortmund.

Dortmund got an easier schedule and is more rested since they sucked their way out of the UCL after the group stage and now having only to play once a week while we have to play every 3 days.
Just unbelievable to lose both games against Dortmund due to a crooked goal / lucky bounces. If not for those 2 goals and both games ending 0-0 we'd be in first place.

But then again there isn't enough depth in the squad to give the starters some rest once in a while and also the defense isn't top class (considering UCL semi-final standards). So winning the UCL with those holes would probably be counter-productive and set a bad example.
There needs to be some money invested over the summer to fill those holes.

dw13
04-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I thought Dortmund were deserved winners on the night.

And yeah, Bayern could fill some holes. Good thing they have money.

dw13
04-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Comolli removed from his DoF position.

FSG ruthless. Love it.

dw13
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Rumors Van Gaal to be the new DoF at Liverpool.

Probably started by Van Gaal himself :p

Cruyff also being touted. Would take him over Van Gaal, no doubt there.

suckerpuncher
04-13-2012, 03:07 AM
Van Gaal? Haven't you suffered enough during he past couple of years?

dw13
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Van Gaal? Haven't you suffered enough during he past couple of years?

Going to be honest mate, was hoping this is the start of moving Kenny possibly up to the office and returning Rafa Benitez.

dw13
04-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Irresistible Liverpoollllllll.

All of the bad days, Cup Finals can help make them feel a little bit better. Andy Carroll with another massive winner.

Put Newcastle into Europe too. He must be buzzing :D

dw13
04-17-2012, 03:33 PM
:lol:

And that's why he's a donkey.

I fancy Madrid in the second leg but really hope Bayern can hold on.

PS: Marcelo is disgusting

suckerpuncher
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Very interesting game to say the least. Webb with some questionable calls but at least he was consistent and screwed both teams. How Marcelo wasn't sent off is an absolute joke.

Of course right when we took control in the second half the defense decided to take their "mandatory" nap which still overshadows the win. Too bad Schweinsteiger is out of form after missing almost half a year. But at least we won and Real has to play Barca this weekend which will cost them quite some energy while Bayern plays a meaningless game in Bremen.

And if nothing else the last minute winner by Gomez will keep the myth of "La Bestia Negra" alive.

Still a long and tough road ahead to play one more UCL match @AllianzArena but it's not impossible.

dw13
04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
An awful Chelsea side sees off a poor Barca team on the night.

Still fancy Barca at the Nou Camp.

suckerpuncher
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Ribery just got fined a club record €50.000 for hitting Robben in the face during the halftime of the Real Madrid game on Tuesday.

Not quite sure what to make of the incident itself. But the fact the team still pulled of the victory seems to be a good sign that it hopefully was just one of that in the heat of the battle things and won't be lingering on.
Then again it's not the first time Robben got attacked by a teammate. Last year Müller "strangled" him on the pitch right after the game was over.

suckerpuncher
04-20-2012, 06:02 PM
What the hell does Hamburg want with Kuyt? They already have enough strikers who doesn't score in bunches. He's too old for a rebuilding team.

And even though Hamburg was always rumored to have Granit Xhaka on top of their wish list for next year and having the inside track because their coach Fink was Xhaka's coach in Basel it seems like Xhaka decided to go to Gladbach like I said some time ago. Now Basel and Gladbach just need to finalize the deal. Would be a really great pickup for Gladbach.

dw13
04-20-2012, 06:03 PM
He's a diving, lying, cheat. I can't blame anyone for hitting him.

He probably rolled around and played dead after he was hit by Ribiery. I despise Robben.

suckerpuncher
04-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Unbelievable that Chelsea actually got rewarded for whatever they played today. Not sure what it actually was but it was not football, that's for sure.

dw13
04-24-2012, 03:49 PM

dw13
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
CMON BAYERN

suckerpuncher
04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
WHAT A GAME.

After 15 minutes it looked like it was over already but what a climax to end the game. Wow.

dw13
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Get in, Bastien.

Go home, Jose.

suckerpuncher
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
I might not be completely impartial but I think over the total 210+ minutes we were the better team and deserved to advance to the final.
First time ever the in the UCL the host team will actually play in the final.

And what balls by Alaba. Only 19yo and then he goes out there and easily converts the first penalty in front of 80.000+ "hostile" fans. Too bad he'll miss the final alongside Badstuber and Luiz Gustavo. But then again Chelsea will also miss 4 players.

suckerpuncher
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Not sure what it is exactly but against Bayern Mourinho always shows respect and today even some class.
He doesn't attack the team in the media or complains and tonight after the game he evenwent into Bayern's locker room and congratulated everyone personally.

dw13
04-25-2012, 06:44 PM
He's still despicable.

Alaba is class in Football Manager.

That is all.

suckerpuncher
04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Sports Interactive or EA?

dw13
04-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Sports Interactive or EA?

SI.

Literally the greatest football game ever.

There's nothing comparable.

suckerpuncher
04-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Sorry mate, but the greatest football game ever is still Anstoss 3. Not sure if it was released n English under the name On the ball 3.
It was released in 2000 but is still lightyears ahead of any other football game.

dw13
04-26-2012, 04:51 AM
Sorry mate, but the greatest football game ever is still Anstoss 3. Not sure if it was released n English under the name On the ball 3.
It was released in 2000 but is still lightyears ahead of any other football game.

I guess I should say Football Simulation game. No one will ever convince me there is/was/has been anything better.

suckerpuncher
04-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Anstoss 3 is the mother of all football simulation games. It was developed by the guys who now do the FIFA Manager for EA but it was completely different and actually fun and had incredible depth to it. Unlike what is produced today.

As I said I don't know if it was ever released outside of Germany. But over here it's considered the best ever.

dw13
04-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Anstoss 3 is the mother of all football simulation games. It was developed by the guys who now do the FIFA Manager for EA but it was completely different and actually fun and had incredible depth to it. Unlike what is produced today.

As I said I don't know if it was ever released outside of Germany. But over here it's considered the best ever.

The amount of football knowledge put into Football Manager makes it TRUMP any game. IMO.

dw13
04-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Marin to Chelsea.

Gutted.

suckerpuncher
04-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Good pickup for Chelsea. Looks like they really want to get younger, finally.

dw13
04-28-2012, 04:25 PM
That Luis Suarez is absolutely irresistible.

dw13
04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
yes, yes, yes.

Get in there City.

phaneuf6
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5aZjE15Ye0

Legendary.

Can't wait.

dw13
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meoCkgZ6H1Y

Papiss Cisse, out of this world.

dw13
05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Fully behind Bayern in the Final.

If you lose, you're shit.

dw13
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Messi calls people negro.

Outrage? No, it's normal.

dw13
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Really hope Kagawa doesn't go to United. Outstanding player.

Please Bayern, don't lose in the final.

dw13
05-13-2012, 05:21 PM
What. A. Day.

And that's why it's the most interesting league in the world.

Get in City.

suckerpuncher
05-14-2012, 03:35 AM
After that performance on Saturday I'm a bit scared for next Saturday. Especially considering who's missing the game and who'll replace them. The defense will even be worse than before.

Now the team needs to get the game out of their heads and be ready for Saturday.

Btw. the biggest Bayern fans this Saturday will be Tottenham thanks to Lex liverpool.

suckerpuncher
05-15-2012, 05:44 AM
I know it's completely useless to say anything about those classless City fans or Tevez in particular. But if those morons are your champs - Good night, England. :$

dw13
05-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Gutted.

A horribly sad day.

suckerpuncher
05-18-2012, 01:05 PM
About 24h away from the game that could turn an average season in a great one. Anxiety is rising.

dw13
05-18-2012, 01:28 PM
About 24h away from the game that could turn an average season in a great one. Anxiety is rising.

If you lose I'll ALWAYS ridicule you. If I have to see the Chavs wave their plastic flags after they win, I'll never forgive you.

You're at home. There's no excuses.

suckerpuncher
05-19-2012, 07:22 AM
That's what Barca thought some weeks ago, I guess. But look what happened.

And as far as home field advantage goes there will be more of a neutral crowd since the UEFA split the tickets between their partners and both teams.

Btw. LvG has 500,000 reasons to support Bayern tonight. ;)

Can't wait for the game to finally start.

dw13
05-19-2012, 07:45 AM
It could be all Chelsea fans. You're playing at home, at your familiar ground. It's a home match for Bayern.

About the only time I'd pull for Bayern to go level with Liverpool on European Cups but I'm fully behind them tonight. Neither team has looked anything decent in the past 2 weeks so it'll be interesting to see how attractive a game this is.

Think Drogba will be the star of the night but I really hope I'm wrong.

suckerpuncher
05-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Absolutely devasting. The whole time the much, much better team by far and tons of chances to win it handily but it just had to end like this. Cruel. And Robben choosing the bottom right corner three times in a row (2 misses, 1 barely made it in) wasn't the smartest choice either. Never seen a more undeserving UCL winner.

And now all the Bayern players have to report for camp tomorrow to train for the EURO. Wonder how their 3 consecutive title loses this season will influence our national squad. After all what happened this year we'll probably lose another final (if we even make it this far).

I put in the motion to start a new thread starting with the EURO, better even right now. This thread is just bad luck. It already costed us two UCL titles, one EURO title and the chance for the WC final.

dw13
05-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I won't ride you, my last memories of a CL final was a defeat. I know how it feels. You had the game infront of you.

Fucking Chavski, unreal. Disgusting club.

suckerpuncher
05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I guess this would be one of the few times where drinking alcohol would help to ease the painful memories but since I don't drink any this will sting for quite some time.

Maybe the EURO will help.

dw13
05-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I guess this would be one of the few times where drinking alcohol would help to ease the painful memories but since I don't drink any this will sting for quite some time.

Maybe the EURO will help.

Shame.

I'll drink some for you tonight.

dw13
05-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Torres wants out.

suckerpuncher
05-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Almost got a heart-attack when I read the headline that Bayern allegedly made an offer for Suarez.
But after taking a closer look at the whole article it's Matias from Anderlecht.
Dogded a bullet there. :p

dw13
05-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Almost got a heart-attack when I read the headline that Bayern allegedly made an offer for Suarez.
But after taking a closer look at the whole article it's Matias from Anderlecht.
Dogded a bullet there. :p

Not exactly sure what bullet you'd be dodging. The laugh from Liverpool? :lol: Not many players in the world I'd prefer over Luis Suarez.

Matias Suarez looks a decent player, though.

suckerpuncher
05-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Judging by todays results it's gonna be a horrible group stage.

Denmark - Brasil 1:3
Portugal - Macedonia 0:0
Switzerland - Germany 3:5
Netherland - Bulgaria 1:2

dw13
05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
SP is there anything in German media regarding Klopp to LFC? Other than his denial the other day?

Some rumors starting to catch wind that he's considering it and Dortmund is the only interference...

suckerpuncher
05-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Nope, nothing to speak off. Hardly even the denial by him but nothing more after that. Just like the Chelsea interest and subsequent denial about 2 month ago.

He's probably one of the names on LFC's list but he recently signed a new deal until 2016 and has a young team that still has a bright future. Sincerly doubt he'll leave anytime soon.

dw13
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Nope, nothing to speak off. Hardly even the denial by him but nothing more after that. Just like the Chelsea interest and subsequent denial about 2 month ago.

He's probably one of the names on LFC's list but he recently signed a new deal until 2016 and has a young team that still has a bright future. Sincerly doubt he'll leave anytime soon.

He was my #1 target after Kenny was removed and still is. Young, plays attractive football, very good with the media and he's dealt with adversity in his football teams. Dortmund will never be anything more than German Champions and KO stage in the CL. With Liverpool he could have the ideal situation, backed by the owners, one of the biggest clubs in the world and the peak for LFC is European Champions not sure it's the same with Dortmund.'

It's a long shot but there have been a few German media members on twitter believing he could possibly be considering it.

Thanks SP!

dw13
05-29-2012, 12:25 PM
FSG have a lot of explaining to do if they hire Martinez.

dw13
05-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow just read Bayern have come to terms with Dzeko but not with City yet. I'm sure City will hold you hostage but then give it up in the long run.

Boss player, Dzeko. Glad to see the back of him (although they have Aguero...)

suckerpuncher
05-30-2012, 03:08 AM
You mean like the Boateng deal last year?

I heard that too but I wonder how he'll fit in the system. Since we play with only 1 pure striker it's then gonna be either him or Gomez with Pizarro then being the clear number 3. I thought they'd rather go after a player like the aforementioned Suarez as a number 2/3. But they could also try playing Dzeko at Müller's position and/or still try to get Suarez as backup for Müller. I doubt they'll change the system though.

Bayern also snatched Cologne's top talent Weiser. He'll most likely play for the second squad for now since there he'll get at least some regular playing time. But in a couple of years he may be ready to take over for Ribery/Robben depending how he devolps.

The player the club wants the most right now is Javi Martinez. But he'll cost north of €30 and with other clubs lke City also interested his price will rise even more.

dw13
05-30-2012, 05:02 AM
Keep dreaming if you think you're getting Javi Martinez. But yeah, what a fucking talent.

dw13
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Very very happy with Branden Rodgers. Think it'll work out immensely.

I also have been told he (and Van Gaal?) will be given a war chest of funds.

suckerpuncher
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Here we go. The EURO 2012 is finally here.

suckerpuncher
06-09-2012, 12:06 PM
So far so good. Can Denmark keep it up in the second half?

And it looks like Hummels & Gomez will start tonight instead of Mertesacker & Klose. Especially surprising that Klose won't play on his birthday but it looks like he isn't completely healthy.

suckerpuncher
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
And there we have the first big upset. The Dutch had tons of high quality chances but just can't score and Denmark just stuns them.

I hope our teams sees this as a warning shot for tonights game.

suckerpuncher
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Holy shit. Haven't seen us play that bad in a competitive match in ages. The team needs to do a lot more in the second if they want to win.

suckerpuncher
06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
A thrilling game at the end.
Excellent defenders, especially Hummels, a great Neuer, a touch of Gomez (or Donkey King, as someone would call it ;) ) and a whole lot of luck is probably the best way to describe it.

Btw. when the ball rolled over to Varela I already shouted "shit" just to see Neuer stopping the ball with his balls.

Next game will be against Holland who'll have their do-or-die game already. Should be another thriller.

dw13
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Gomez is still a donkey, by the way.

More fortunate striker in world football.

suckerpuncher
06-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I just quote Skypsorts: "He is often criticised for his lack of mobility and pace, but that is not what his game is about. He is a goalscorer." ( http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7804236/Lessons-learnt )

And once again he got the job done. Granted 17 touches, 10 passes and only 18% won tacklings sound horrific but also 3 shots and the lone goal of the day.

dw13
06-09-2012, 05:56 PM
You just quoted Sky Sports.

Enough said.

phaneuf6
06-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Tough one for Ireland to start with in a match they really needed a result from. First Croatian goal was a strange one, and I thought the second was offside but apparently Ward put the Croatian onside with his "strike".

suckerpuncher
06-10-2012, 04:29 PM
That's part of the passive offside / new situation dilemma. Because Ward didn't just deflect the ball but did kick it (given, he didn't struck the ball as he intended too, but he did struck it with a distinct motion) it was deemed a new situation and therefore the passive offside was waived.

I know the whole passive offside is very questionable and there are discussion to get rid of it and revert to the old offsides rules for years. But for now it stays.

dw13
06-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Irish fans have every reason to be gutted. Their performance was awful.

Thought the Spain/Italy game was a very well played match. Italy pressed high and really came after Spain. Admirable.

suckerpuncher
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Still who knows what could have been if the ref didn't blew that call and would have awarded the rightful penalty after about 60 minutes.

Spain playing without a real striker didn't help them either.
And Torres always trying to go around the keeper on the right side helped Buffon to make a fool of him.

dw13
06-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Torres lacks confidence. Liverpool Fernando Torres slots that chance home with ease. Spain needs to play Llorrente.

Irish were worthy losers.

dw13
06-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Arsenal closing on on Girioud. Chamakh + money going other way. Good piece of business.

suckerpuncher
06-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Giroud was on Bayern's radar for quite some time but after some more in-depth scouting he fell through and they decided not to make an offer for him.

dw13
06-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Giroud was on Bayern's radar for quite some time but after some more in-depth scouting he fell through and they decided not to make an offer for him.

More in depth scouting he fell through? What didn't he have that Bayern wanted

suckerpuncher
06-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Kicker didn't gave a big explanation on this. They just said they took another good look at him in one of Montpelliers last games and he didn't impress them. Some earlier reports said they think his physique and style is too close to what they already have in Gomez.

And in the end thhey decided against Giroud and snatched up Pizarro for free and now try to get either get Dzeko or Lewandowski with Dzeko being the front runner so far.

dw13
06-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Gotcha. Thought you were saying Girioud wasn't good enough. I don't really see the similarity to Gomez but if that was the reason then I can respect that.

Think Girioud is a fine striker myself.

suckerpuncher
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Same lineup as in the Portugal match. Should be an interesting game tonight.

suckerpuncher
06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Guess who?
Guess who?

Very good first half by us but after about 60 minutes the team stopped being in charge. Probably a mix due to the high temps and the feeling of being comfortably ahead. So it was a bit closer in the end then it should have been and we had to scratch, crawl and fight for the win. But we'll take it.
Still we'll take not quite through though.

dw13
06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Coward tactics first half from the Netherlands.

De Jong and Van Bommel aren't even footballers. They're muggers.

suckerpuncher
06-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Our defense was able to keep Holland out of the box making it hard for them to create chances.

You think MvB would have been at the EURO if he wasn't BvM son-in-law? Probably his daughter said she doesn't want to see Mark so much over the summer and now daddy got stuck with him. :lol:

Btw. Gomez now has a total of 44 contacts, 19% tacklings won, 6 shots on goal and 3 goals in 2 games.

suckerpuncher
06-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Who would have thought that a team with Championship players isn't quite as good as one with Champions League players?

Ireland completely outmatched. But will Spain be as dominant against Croatia in their last match?

dw13
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
That second Torres goal was old Torres.

That being said, he's shit.

Ireland are even worse.

suckerpuncher
06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Wow, first time ever a game gets suspended during an EURO. But it's the right call with the thunderstorm.

dw13
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Outstanding Carroll and Welbeck goals. Walcott the difference.

Damnit, wanted England to go out.

suckerpuncher
06-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Welbeck's goal was great but Caroll's - meh. Gomez' header was way more difficult since he actually had to backpaddle to reach the ball and then nets it in the far corner.

dw13
06-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Welbeck's goal was great but Caroll's - meh. Gomez' header was way more difficult since he actually had to backpaddle to reach the ball and then nets it in the far corner.

Carroll's goal was incredibly well taken. The amount of power and technique going into it was top class.

Welbeck's was great too, although not as hard as some people make it out to be.

Now lets hope they lose.

suckerpuncher
06-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Funny thing the Italians crying wolf again. Now they think Spain and Croatia will conspire to get a 2-2 draw which will put both in the next round and Italy out.

Yet those crooks would be the first to do so if they could.

dw13
06-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Funny thing the Italians crying wolf again. Now they think Spain and Croatia will conspire to get a 2-2 draw which will put both in the next round and Italy out.

Yet those crooks would be the first to do so if they could.

suckerpuncher
06-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Those pesky Greeks. ;)

dw13
06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Had money on Czech's topping the group months ago at 8.5/1 and just hit it.

suckerpuncher
06-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Bender in tonight for Boateng who's out after his 2nd yellow card. Another solid performance will put us in the quarter finals.

dw13
06-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Really like Bender... him and Reus are two of my favorite youngsters in world football.

suckerpuncher
06-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Small sigh of relief after Bender scored. Until then we were in charge but given the circumstances one (un-)lucky bounce and we could have faced elimination.

And Bender did a really good job especially if you consider he only played 16 minutes at RB all season long but I'm sure Boateng will reclaim his spot in the next game.

Holland exiting with 0 points is a huge disappointment.

As far as tomorrow goes I'm rooting for the 2-2 draw. :D:D:D

Now off to face Greece next.

Btw. there's some discussion here about how the tiebreakers are solved. At the EURO it's H2H first and then goal difference while at the WC it's GD first and then H2H. Most people here prefer the WC version and hate the EURO version.

dw13
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes, GD should be the rule. Don't like it how it is.

I think only African Nations use H2H in WC qualifying as far as I know.

Time to change it in the Euros.

suckerpuncher
06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Would be easier if UEFA and FIFA wouldn't "hate" each other and try to be different to set themself apart. But one can always hope for a change.

dw13
06-17-2012, 03:58 PM
It'd be nice but I'm not really fussed with International soccer as you know. So either way, it doesn't bother me at all.

Can't wait to get up to Boston and Baltimore and see LFC. Buzzing already.

suckerpuncher
06-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I know. But especially here in Europe International matches (even more so tournaments) top everything. Club colors are (almost) unimportant for fans. All that counts is the national squad no matter where the players come from.

FYI, they had to stop people from entering Germany's biggest public viewing area in Berlin after it was completely full with almost 500,000!!! people. And I already told the TV numbers 2 years ago from the WC and they get up there again especially now with the knockout stage. It's just crazy here.

suckerpuncher
06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Holland joke of the day:
Before the final matchup against Portugal the Dutch squad visited an Ukrainian orphanange. "It was hard to see all those sad and hopeless faces", said Evgeni (7). :D

phaneuf6
06-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Holland joke of the day:
Before the final matchup against Portugal the Dutch squad visited an Ukrainian orphanange. "It was hard to see all those sad and hopeless faces", said Evgeni (7). :D

The Irish version of that joke has been circulating as well.

dw13
06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I know. But especially here in Europe International matches (even more so tournaments) top everything. Club colors are (almost) unimportant for fans. All that counts is the national squad no matter where the players come from.

About 95% of the city of Liverpool couldn't give a fuck about England. Complete opposite.

suckerpuncher
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Gotta love the media.
A couple of weeks ago during the Copa del Rey final Nerlinger was scouting Martinez and also had a short conversation with Guardiola's brother (who's also Pep's manager).
Today media creates the headline Bayern in negotiation with Pep to take over in 2013. And that's also the reason he declined Chelsea's offer and now takes the year off to learn some German.

As I said - Gotta love the media. :D

As much as I'd like to see someone with the resume of Guardiola take over Bayern one day the chances of this happening slim to none. If not even lower.

suckerpuncher
06-19-2012, 04:04 PM
As so many times before England gets favored by the ref.
Too bad both hosts are now kicked out.

But this will mark the end of goal judges and pave the way for some sort of goal line technology (hawk-eye, chip etc.).

canuckthug
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
As so many times before England gets favored by the ref.
Too bad both hosts are now kicked out.

Yup, it was a goal, hopefully the pic loads. (the ref only had 1 job and he F*^Ked it up).

But this will mark the end of goal judges and pave the way for some sort of goal line technology (hawk-eye, chip etc.).
Your probaby right.

http://i.imgur.com/EDHKk.png

dw13
06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Gerrard was so far and away the best player on the pitch.

He's really up for it, leading his country. Can't believe that thug Terry had the armband over him.

suckerpuncher
06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Boateng will be back as RB tonight. But looks like the complete offense will be new. Müller, Podolski and Gomez are out and Schürrle, Reus and Klose are in. I can understand why the wingers are out since they didn't really impress so far. But benching Gomez is a bold move.
It better works out tonight.

dw13
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Shurrle and Reus in?

Fuck yes.

suckerpuncher
06-22-2012, 03:51 PM
For about 60 minutes it was the expected close match. We had a ton of chances especially in the first half but only scored once. But the (unnecessary) equalizer served as the much needed wakeup call and from that point on we dominated and got the well deserved win. Boateng was unlucky today though the penalty call against him was questionable at best. For me Khedira scored the goal of the match. Not only was it a beauty to watch but it turned the game completely in our favor.

Now we have to wait to see who we'll play in the semis. Either way it will be one of the old classics.

dw13
06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Glad to see Germany play with a football player up top tonight, not a donkey

suckerpuncher
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Suarez never played for Germany. He plays for Uruguay. You should know that. :p

dw13
06-22-2012, 04:06 PM
to call should of called Carroll one, atleast that makes sense

dw13
06-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Miss Xabi Alonso so badly.

Winger72
06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
I've only been following EPL for the past couple of years, but can someone tell me if Nasri as always been this big of an ass? A year later, I'm glad Arsenal sold him.

dw13
06-24-2012, 10:26 AM
I've only been following EPL for the past couple of years, but can someone tell me if Nasri as always been this big of an ass? A year later, I'm glad Arsenal sold him.

Honestly, loved him as a youngster but his age group of french players (Diaby, Ben Arfa) are all arrogant assholes. I never thought Nasri would turn into such a huge piece of crap like he has, but the makings were there.

Top, top player though.

suckerpuncher
06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
French society has a big problem in general and their national squad and players are a reflection of that.

Btw. I guess Italy has the 2 better arguments on their side:

suckerpuncher
06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
England loses in a penalty shootout. Now that's a surprise. :rolleyes:

So Italy will face us in the semis. Should be a cracker.

dw13
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Italy actually played football. Hodgson = shit.

Worthy winners.

See you next month, my English Liverpool lads.

dw13
06-24-2012, 07:12 PM
UEFA licensed coaches Germany = 34,970 Italy = 29,240 Spain = 23,995 England = 2,796

suckerpuncher
06-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Only shows that no one in their right mind would hire an English coach.

In a surprising twist it looks like Bayern doesn't want Dzeko anymore but is close to sign Mandzukic instead. That would free up the money to make a hard push for Martinez.

dw13
06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Only shows that no one in their right mind would hire an English coach.

In a surprising twist it looks like Bayern doesn't want Dzeko anymore but is close to sign Mandzukic instead. That would free up the money to make a hard push for Martinez.

Don't really get how that means no one would hire an English coach.

Keep dreaming if you think Martinez is going to Germany. Don't mean to burst a dream.

suckerpuncher
06-26-2012, 06:28 AM
What I mean is the almost none of big clubs in the BPL used English coaches and had success in recent years. And even the FA had a non-English coach for their national squad until recently.
Also there aren't any English coaches who had success in European club competition in recent years. And in general English coaches aren't in high demand outside of England. But there are some German, French and Italian coaches who coach other national squads.
And even in their youth clubs English teams often hire coaches from outside of England (often Italian).

And as far as Martinez goes just wait for it.

dw13
06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I won't ever post again if he goes to Bayern none the less Germany. Not happening.

dw13
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Negredo over Torres :lol:

suckerpuncher
06-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Is it better or worse than no one instead of Torres? :D

Btw. the Mandzukic deal is done.

dw13
06-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Btw. the Mandzukic deal is done.

Decent cover forward for the Donkey.

dw13
06-27-2012, 04:29 PM
A center half over Ronaldo.

Nice.

suckerpuncher
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Another rotation on offense. Klose, Schürrle and Reus are out and Gomez, Podolski and Kroos are in. Especially Kroos over the right side is a surprise. Probably Kroos will pay more over the middle and the right wing will be empty.
So far every change by Löw worked out. This one hopefully too.

dw13
06-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Gomez is a really poor player. No idea how he actually scores as much as he does. Offers absolutely nothing.

dw13
06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Shocking result. Really fancied the Germans to win this one, but would of played Reus, Shurrle and Klose myself.

Sorry, SP, I'm sure it's a bad night for you.

suckerpuncher
06-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Story of the season/last years. Always close but in the end nothing to show for.

Still think we were the better team but we had no luck what so ever while Italy capitalized on their 2 chances. Without the penalty we could have played another 90 minutes and even with Buffon out we wouldn't have scored. Just one of those days.
Even more unbelievable is the fact we are now 0-4-4 against Italy in competitive matches.

And I also still think this thread is jinxed. We need a new one.

dw13
06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Delighted to play Leverkusen in the preseason. Will be awesome to see Hyypia back at Anfield. Legend.

suckerpuncher
06-28-2012, 05:19 PM
He and Babbel must have been vastly underpaid @Anfield since they now have to actually work for a living after retiring from their playing career. :D

(Wanted to make that joke for a couple of month now all the way back from when they faced each other as coaches at the end of last season.)

dw13
06-28-2012, 05:46 PM
He and Babbel must have been vastly underpaid @Anfield since they now have to actually work for a living after retiring from their playing career. :D

(Wanted to make that joke for a couple of month now all the way back from when they faced each other as coaches at the end of last season.)

FFS, Klinsmann is the USA Manager after playing for Bayern, talk about desperate :lol:

Seriously though, can't wait to see Sami back. His performance in 2005 vs Juventus might of been the most dominating defensive performance I have ever seen.

suckerpuncher
06-28-2012, 06:20 PM
At least Klinsmann beat Italy not so long ago with team USA. :cry:

dw13
06-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Get back to real football - domestic football.

Move on mate.

dw13
07-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Masterclass from Spain.

Time to get back to real football now. Preseason roaring, transfer window open. Fuck off Euros and International football.

suckerpuncher
07-02-2012, 11:09 AM
The post-EURO time starts with an absolute stunner. Bayern sacked GM Nerlinger and hired Sammer for that position. First time in a very long time someone who never played for the club gets such a high ranking position. He even gets a seat as board member.

Lots of speculation on why Nerlinger was sacked. Some say he was too nice both to the own club and towards the competition. Some say it was because he couldn't sign the big names (Reus, Hummels, Dzeko) and settled with some lesser options (Shaqiri, Dante, Mandzukic). Some say a difference of opinions on how the club will go forward.

But the Sammer signing is a huge one. His work especially as head of the youth department for the DFB speaks for itself. And he always has a strong opinion on everything and isn't afraid to fight for what he things is right and also butts heads.

Now go out there and sign Martinez.

dw13
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Now go out there and sign Martinez.

:lol::lol::lol:

b_illin
07-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Miss Xabi Alonso so badly.

Tell me about...thought the same thing every time I watched Spain in the Euros :(

dw13
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Tell me about...thought the same thing every time I watched Spain in the Euros :(

The best deep lying playmaker in the world. There isn't even anyone in the same atmosphere.

suckerpuncher
07-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Breno gets 3 years and 9 month in jail for arson.

dw13
07-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Very surprised to hear Sigursson choice Spurs over LFC. They doubled our wage packet though, and it's modern day football.

I think LFC are certainly in the drivers seat for Gaston Ramirez, other than that I'm not sure who else is on Buck's list. I've heard names like Jovetic but I know we don't have the money for Ramirez AND Jovetic.

Can't wait to see how it plays out, and then see the boys later this month in preseason.

Winger72
07-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Well at least RVP didn't drag it out in to the season. Disappointed to see him go, but like Fabregas, I'll still respect him even though he's leaving. Curious to see where he'll end up and when Arsenal will sell him.

suckerpuncher
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM
He's very welcome to join Martinez @Bayern. :D

dw13
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
He's very welcome to join Martinez @Bayern. :D

Just warning you, no one outside of Germany wants to play in the Bundesliga :lol:

suckerpuncher
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Wonder which technology will win out in the end. There are some doubts about hawk-eye since you still need a clear view of the ball which isn't always the case.

dw13
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Hope United miss out on the CL this year - which I think is a very real possibility.

If they do, they'll go down the LFC financial problems route - only worse.

The only club in the world I wish the worst on. Hope they fall as far as you can possibly fall, as quickly as possible.

suckerpuncher
07-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Hard to imagine. They already have one of the top 2 squads in the BPL and they made some solid signings especially Kagawa. And they also got some fresh new money.

And in memory of LvG first stint as bondscoach I just quote one of our favorite quotes/songs of all times "Ohne Holland fahren wir zur WM!" Let's see if history repeats itself again.

dw13
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Hard to imagine. They already have one of the top 2 squads in the BPL and they made some solid signings especially Kagawa. And they also got some fresh new money.

And in memory of LvG first stint as bondscoach I just quote one of our favorite quotes/songs of all times "Ohne Holland fahren wir zur WM!" Let's see if history repeats itself again.

No. United's squad is not that strong, they are very very ordinary talent wise. They have a nose to win but that is fading when Giggs and Scholes on their way out.

dw13
07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
PSG :lol:

suckerpuncher
07-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Not funny anymore how some of those clubs with outside investors just burn money.

But really interesting is the list of money spend by league so far:
Serie A ~€175 mio.
Bundesliga ~€150 mio
BPL ~€150 mio.
Russian League ~€70 mio.
Ligue 1 ~ €70 mio. (not including Alex/Zlatan)
Primera Div. ~€32 mio.

Seriee A being on top but there's no real marquee signing. In the BPL one third of total expense are done by Chelsea and it looks like they're not done yet.
But the biggest surprise is the Primera Division. There still time left but it just seems to show how hard clubs really got hit by economical problems and pressures but the looming FFP (if it ever comes).

dw13
07-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Sounds like Liverpool have signed Borini for ~12m.

Decent signing. Knows Rodgers well, young and a poacher. Something we need.

Edit: Now hearing around 8m. Would be terrific business.

dw13
07-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Completed.

Welcome to LFC Fabio. Greatest football club in the world.

suckerpuncher
07-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Rangers got demoted to 3rd Division so they won't be back in the SPL before the 15/16 season at best. No more old firm derbies 4x per season in the foreseeable future.
How the mighty have fallen.

suckerpuncher
07-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Btw. dw13, are you already working on your farewell speech now that Martinez made it clear he won't go to Barca but didn't mention Bayern at all? Combined with Heynckes basque knowledge from his coaching days in Bilbao and him mentioning he's nonetheless still planning with Martinez this year Martinez will be in Munich before long. :D :D :D

dw13
07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Btw. dw13, are you already working on your farewell speech now that Martinez made it clear he won't go to Barca but didn't mention Bayern at all? Combined with Heynckes basque knowledge from his coaching days in Bilbao and him mentioning he's nonetheless still planning with Martinez this year Martinez will be in Munich before long. :D :D :D

He won't go to Germany.

He'll end up Barca, I think. You're making the mistake of actually listening to footballers.

City will also make a very strong push for him.

suckerpuncher
07-15-2012, 03:49 AM
The fact that he's Basque and proud of it would make it very, very hard for him to go straight to Barca (and almost impossible to Real).
And as Heynckes said to truly understand the statement made by Martinez you need to known the Basque mentality, which Heynckes does.

And you do know that Martinez has relatives in Germany which he regularly visits and speaks the language a bit? Combined with the fact that Heynckes coached twice and lived in Bilbao, knows the mentality and is fluent in Spanish and Basque favors Bayern. That would it make very easy for him to integrate pretty quickly.

The only thing that delayed the deal from happening is the transfer fee. While Bilbao still insists on the €40 mio (for Barca it it would be €50+ mio. since inside of Spain there has to be payed taxes) and so far Bayern only wants to go as high as €25 mio. To safe face for both sides they will probably agree to a fee about €30 mio. and the other €10 mio will be part of (easy reachable) options/boni. So each side can say they got what they wanted.

So I'm still optimistic Bayern can pull it off. And not just because I'm not as high on the rumored alternatives (Marchisio, Melo, M'Vila and Bender).

dw13
07-15-2012, 07:18 AM
I'll be absolutely shocked if he ends up at Bayern.

I think Barca and City both have better chances, and I think Athletic has a great chance to keep him for another few seasons.

A team would be very wise to consider Capoue at 10m... really wish Liverpool would get on it.

dw13
07-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Can't wait to get the season back roaring. A week from Thursday I'll be flying up to Baltimore to see the boys that Saturday and then we're only a few short days out.

We're playing in Europa Qualifiers and then bringing big Sami Hyypia back for a friendly vs. Leverkusen. Then it's on to the season.

Pumped.

kidquiv77
07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Ridiculous night at work on Sunday...Beckham and Robbie Keane were at the restaurant I work at for 6+ hours... first had lunch in dining room and then chilled in the bar for the evening. And then Landon Donovan came in and had dinner with a smoking hot chick in the dining room side of the place at the same time. Of course they were responsible for all 5 goals scored to beat my Portland Timbers the night before. We get celebrities in our restaurant quite a bit but having those three in all at the same time was pretty wild for me being a sports fan. Funny part of it was that all of the female staff was creaming their panties the whole night...

dw13
07-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Just was told Javi Martinez has a deal in place with Barca but Bilbao's asking price is just too high.

suckerpuncher
07-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Rummenigge said 2 days ago he spoke with the Barca bosses (both clubs are on very good terms) and both clubs agreed on not to pay the demanded €40 mio. for Martinez. So unless Bilbao goes drastically down Martinez will stay. Which would not be in his best interest because if he wants to become a better player he needs to play UCL on a regular basis and he won't be able to do that in Bilbao.

Media is now making Bender the most likely backup option. But since he just signed a new long term deal he'll most likely cost €25+ mio, too.

Btw. the team that spend the most money in the Bundesliga so far is Gladbach. They turned Reus, Dante and Hochstädter into De Jong, Dominguez and Xhaka. But of course jury is still out if those new 3 can replace the old 3.

suckerpuncher
07-20-2012, 01:54 PM
And while we're at it. Rummenigge is taking on the agents of players.
First of all only about 20% of player agents are really certified agents and the rest are friends and family members who often have no real clue what they are actually doing but still try to get rich when their friend get a big deal. This in itself is already shady at best but it would still be ok.

But here the clubs also have to pay the agents the commission (or cut or whatever the word is) and not the player. And Rummenigge (and a lot of other high ranking club officials in the Bundesliga) think it's not fair that the club has to pay the player agent since the agent is working for the player and therefore the player should pay the agent.

Unoffical estimates show as much as €80 mio were paid for player agents by the 36 clubs of the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga last season.

Quite understandable why the clubs want to change that.

dw13
07-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Like I said, heard Barca have agreed to terms with the player, but will not pay what the club wants for the player.

So, saying Javi Martinez 'doesn't' want to join Barca means very, very little to me. He's also already a world class player, along with Llorrente, and Munian is not far behind.

suckerpuncher
07-24-2012, 09:08 AM
The search for another #6 continues. De Jong was in Munich over the weekend. And Bender would cost about €25 mio. but just blocked a trade to Bayern. Not really surprising since he has a long term deal @Leverkusen and grew up playing for the Blue Ones (1860).
And Bayern just made an upgraded €26 mio. bid to Bilbao for Martinez. It will most likely not be enough but maybe it gets Bilbao down from the €40 mio. they want. That would then make things interesting again.
If we end up with De Jong I'd be really disappointed.

Milan is rumored to make a run at Robben. If the price is right I wouldn't mind seeing him leave. Would bring more playing time for Müller and Shaqiri. And with Alaba out for 6-8 weeks maybe Shaqiri even gets a crack as LB for the first couple of games. His former teammate Alex Frei also said he thinks Shaqiri has a much bigger potential to become a really great player as LB than as RW.

dw13
07-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the window plays out for Liverpool. Been told they will not make any big transfer bids until they sell Carroll. But they will not sell him for anything less than 20m, which seems unlikely.

Joe Allen is rumored to be on his way. Decent player but I would not pay 12-15m that's being quoted. I'd rather a young player like Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord if I'm being honest.

We desperately need to improve our wings though and I'm worried we're not doing that.

I have full support in the new manager but I have my questions about our owners.

Headed up to Baltimore Friday to catch the Liverpool/Spuds match on Saturday.

Winger72
07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Is anyone playing the Y! fantasy game this year? I know a couple of us played it last year. Was curious to see if anyone wanted to play in a HI league.

suckerpuncher
07-29-2012, 05:04 PM
With Spain being surprisingly eliminated after just 2 games at the Olympics a decision on Martinez' future might be closer than originally thought.

Bilbao has now 2 official bids of about €26 mio. each by both Bayern and Barca. If they give in or at least move down from it will get interesting.

dw13
07-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Unreal weekend.

The meet and greet with the players was just cracking. I was able to have a chat with Jamie Carragher and shake hands with everyone in the team besides Stevie Gerrard and Lucas Leiva. Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler as well. Surreal is an understatement. I was shaking the whole time I was walking around with them.

And I also got to tell Charlie Adam to get fitter, he looked at me like he was going to kill me.

Amazing time.

suckerpuncher
08-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Barca gives up on Martinez and now eyes Song.

And Martinez' agent just said Javi wants to join Bayern and it's only a matter of the transfer fee whether it happens or not.

dw13
08-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Eating crow.

For your sake I hope it gets done. Cracking player.

suckerpuncher
08-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I really hope it will get done. We need someone like him.

Btw. any words on the possible departures of Agger, Carroll and Bellamy?

suckerpuncher
08-08-2012, 01:58 PM
€43 mio. for a 19yo Brazilian who never played in Europe is somewhere between crazy and stupid.

dw13
08-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I really hope it will get done. We need someone like him.

Btw. any words on the possible departures of Agger, Carroll and Bellamy?

Think the chances of all 3 being gone are very, very high. If City meet the 25m asked for Agger he will be gone... Bellamy is off to Cardiff to be close to family... and Carroll, wants to stay but obviously isn't in the managers plans.

We're a selling club. I've come to terms with it, and it's a very hard pill to swallow.

dw13
08-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Being told tonight that Bellamy's deal is pretty much done.

Agger truly hasn't had his head turned (always said he would never leave for another PL team), and he showed up at Melwood with "YNWA" on his knuckles. (True, IDK?)

Carroll still doesn't fit into plans. But will not accept a move anywhere.

suckerpuncher
08-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Nothing official yet but according to some Spanish media Bayern and Bilbao agreed on a €33 mio. fee for Martinez. That would be great if true.
Makes me wonder if Can would then get loaned to gain some more experience even if he played very good at LB last night but his future is in the center.

dw13
08-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Liverpool head into the season in great form after thrashing Big Sami's Leverkusen. Wonderkid Raheem Sterling produced a magical goal, one he scored many of times in the Academy but his first senior goal. Cracker.

Suarez, Borini and Gerrard look outstanding in attack and the addition of Joe Allen will help settle the midfield.

Hopefully we can bring in another wide player and look to kick on this season.

Also, Xabi Alonso rejected talks for a new contract from Madrid. Returning? :)

dw13
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
If Sahin's loan deal is completed it will be sensational business done by Liverpool. Without question could give us a lift into the top 4 or even higher.

Will be interesting where the manager chooses to play Stevie... Think we might see him as a false 9.

suckerpuncher
08-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Sahin was very good when he played for Dortmund but he never really got a chance at Madrid.
If he can get back to his Dortmund form he will be an major upgrade for you.

suckerpuncher
08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Spanish and German media say the Martinez deal is done. He'll cost €40 mio. but Bayern "only" pays €30 mio. and the other €10 mio. will come out of Martinez' pocket since he'll pass on €2 mio. in salary per year of the 5 year length of the deal.

What a great day. The team got so much better today.

dw13
08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Great player. Tons of money but with it for me. I'd be jealous if we hadn't just got Sahin all but confirmed.

suckerpuncher
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM
When will the FIFA finally get their act together and change the triple punishment rule for goalkeepers? They talk about for years and still nothing happens. As we just witnessed again with Zieler.
Penalty and a yellow card would have sufficed since their was no malicous intent anywhere. But as always FIFA is all about talking and does nothing.

Btw. in the 104 year history of the DFB Zieler is now the first keeper to get a red card. :wtf:

dw13
08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
24m for a 29 year old, injury prone, 1 year left on his contract striker :lol:

suckerpuncher
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Still I would have liked to see him next to the Super Mario Bros. @Bayern for that price.

dw13
08-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Anyone that would pay that money for him is outrageous.

But I'm just glad it was United. They feature the likes of Paul Scholes and Anderson in their midfield. Why they bought another striker is beyond me.

Winger72
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm disappointed to see him go, but it is what it is. What I can't understand is that while he has the talent, and he had a hella of a season last year, it was just one season and like the first time he didn't get seriously injured for an extended period of time. I don't think he can replicate it, and will likely be fighting for time with Hernandez eventually. Arsenal sold high on him and got Man U to pay. Now let's see what Arsenal does with that money.

dw13
08-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm disappointed to see him go, but it is what it is. What I can't understand is that while he has the talent, and he had a hella of a season last year, it was just one season and like the first time he didn't get seriously injured for an extended period of time. I don't think he can replicate it, and will likely be fighting for time with Hernandez eventually. Arsenal sold high on him and got Man U to pay. Now let's see what Arsenal does with that money.

For sure. It was a marvelous deal for Arsenal. Now you just have to hope, Wenger continues to spend this summer. He has a knack for just putting the money in his back pocket.

suckerpuncher
08-15-2012, 04:08 PM
In the end Kroenke takes the money and buys the Rams a new o-line. :p

dw13
08-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Sounds like there is an option to buy in the Sahin loan deal.

It just keeps getting better.

Hopefully it's confirmed and finalized tomorrow.

dw13
08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Wonder what the hold up is on the Sahin deal.

Hopefully he isn't having second thoughts...

suckerpuncher
08-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Looks like Arsenal might get in on Sahin especially if they lose Song. Could get interesting where Sahin ends up.

Btw. any chance Assaidi will be more than a depth player in the near future?

dw13
08-17-2012, 08:14 AM
I've only seen him play twice and he looks a decent player. Very pacey and technically gifted.

For 3m, it's hardly a risk and seems like there is a reward there. So it'll be interesting to track him.

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!

Winger72
08-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!

And naturally not only will I be stuck at work, but Arsenal will be on ESPN. Though maybe that's a good thing because when I don't watch, they win.

dw13
08-18-2012, 08:32 AM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDMEN!

dw13
08-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't worry boys, I enjoy getting up for the let down.

I've been following the team closely for 18 years (that I can remember), and nothing has changed. Every year. Same thing.

dw13
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like Arsenal has won Sahin.

Interested to see how they use him.

dw13
08-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Alas, pending a medical Sahin is ours for the season. Massive coup for the club.

City tomorrow. Going to turn those money grabbers over.

suckerpuncher
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
You get Sahin and we still wait for Martinez. If the deal should fall through due to Urrutia and his crazy demands I'll go ballistic. Now even Martinez' parents personally plead to him to let Javi go. Just ridiculous. :mad:

dw13
08-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Bested the Champions but gifted them two goals.

Gutted.

suckerpuncher
08-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Now I know why City has been so successful recently: :p

dw13
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Heavy links today to Sturridge and Walcott. Think we're in for one of them depending on how the window finishes up.

We've also had a loan offer accepted for Affelay, but he's denied us already earlier this summer. Doubt he'll come now.

(Huntelaar whispers also going about)

suckerpuncher
08-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Why should Walcott leave Arsenal? But Rooney might be available for "just" €63 mio. :D
Personally I think Huntelaar will stay @Schalke although I can't really see why since he won't win anything if he stays there.

You think Eriksson is right about Gerrrard?

Still no sighting of Godot in Munich. Latest rumors have him signing tomorrow but with that happened in recent weeks only seeing is believing.

dw13
08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Theo has turned down talks with Arsenal on extending his contract, which means in the summer he is free. Much like Huntelaar (although I agree, he will probably stay).

Walcott is also a boy-hood Liverpool fan.

suckerpuncher
08-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Javi is in Munich for his medical. Finally.

dw13
08-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Times reporting that within 48 hours Arsenal will either have Theo's final answer on their contract or they will sell for around 12m.

Very confident we'll be the club to get him if they do sell.

suckerpuncher
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Finally the deal is done as reported by the club itself. Welcome to Bayern.

And we expect nothing less than UCL title #5 and #6 alongside some Bundesliga and DFB Cup titles of course. :D

Winger72
08-29-2012, 01:23 PM
I like Theo, and when he's on he is a good player, but I wouldn't be too upset if he left.

Other than Fabergas and maybe RVP, who as left Arsenal and actually kept up their level of play? It seems that when they leave, a lot of the players go in to obscurity. Nasiri may have won his trophy but how much did he really feature in winning it? Adebayor as been bouncing around from club to club on loan deals since moving to Man City. Is Kolo Toure a starter or on the bench for Man City? Clichy? I'm curious to see what Song does with Barca.

While Arsenal as struggled to replace them, I'm wondering if they also sold at the right time on some of them.

suckerpuncher
08-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Perfect example on what a real great coach like Wenger can get out of a guy with the right system in place.

dw13
08-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Wenger a great coach?

Oh dear I've heard it all

dw13
08-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Echo reporting we WILL bid for Walcott if we can sell Carroll before deadline.

Interesting deadline days coming.

suckerpuncher
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Valencia, Lille and Bate should be more than doable.
Group D should be interesting with 4 reigning national champs. Will be more than difficult for Dortmund to advance.

suckerpuncher
08-30-2012, 12:29 PM
And finally a good decision for European Player of the Year. Congrats, Iniesta.

dw13
08-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Knew you'd say that. Criminal.

Carroll off to West Ham.

Deadline day tomorrow.

dw13
08-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Unreal. Mid-table here we come again.

Welcome Samed Yesil though. High hopes for him after the U17 WC.

suckerpuncher
08-31-2012, 04:50 PM
From what I heard Leverkusen has a buy-back clause under certain circumstances. Not sure how it gets triggered exactly, though.

Is it just me or have there been more bigger-name loan deals than in previous years?

dw13
08-31-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm hearing whispers of that as well. Not sure exactly how it'll work. I'd think maybe if he doesn't make a first team appearance by aged 20 (or 21) maybe they can bring him back.

Not sure. I think Big Sami did us a huge favor with the kid. Looks a top talent.

Either way, gutted at our business. Rid ourselves of 450k wages and didn't sign a striker. FSG surfing fine line with fans.

suckerpuncher
08-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Btw. Do you know if you have a buy-out clause on Sahin? Rumor had it he didn't went to Arsenal because they insisted on a buy-out clause at a price which Real didn't like.

dw13
08-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Btw. Do you know if you have a buy-out clause on Sahin? Rumor had it he didn't went to Arsenal because they insisted on a buy-out clause at a price which Real didn't like.

It's a first refusal clause. You can take that how you want really :p Either Sahin loves it in Liverpool, decides Real isn't for him and stays. Or Madrid see him coming back and taking Alonso's spot next year. (When Xabi comes back to Liverpool :D)

Also have to remember Rodgers and Mourinho have a very strong relationship.

Winger72
09-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Finally, some offense and a win.

dw13
09-02-2012, 04:03 PM
My lord we're in big big trouble.

suckerpuncher
09-03-2012, 03:09 PM
2G, 6P, +8 GD - solid start.

And Zenit pays a fee of €50 mio. for Hulk. Can't really see why he goes there except for his enormous pay raise. On a competitive level it's a lateral move at best compared to Porto.

Oh, and CR7 is unhapppy and wants to leave Real because he doesn't feel appreciated enough. Wonder where he will end up. Surely (and thankfully) not with us.

dw13
09-04-2012, 05:15 AM
And 40m for Witsel, Zenit played. Zenit president = close to UEFA president = who cares about FFP rules. Stupid.

Ronaldo is sensational (yes a wanker too). I'm sure PSG have already called Real asking about a price.

suckerpuncher
09-04-2012, 11:04 AM
FFP is nothing but a joke. As long as clubs like PSG, Chelsea, Zenit and so on just burn money they don't have and have their sugar daddies take care of the bills while UEFA doesn't give a shit FFP is worthless.
If UEFA would be serious about FFP they'd step in a hurry and make examples of big names clubs like the afforementioned. Only then clubs will start to take it seriously. But it most likely won't happen.

dw13
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah.

Winger72
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I like Theo, and when he's on he is a good player, but I wouldn't be too upset if he left.

Other than Fabergas and maybe RVP, who as left Arsenal and actually kept up their level of play? It seems that when they leave, a lot of the players go in to obscurity. Nasiri may have won his trophy but how much did he really feature in winning it? Adebayor as been bouncing around from club to club on loan deals since moving to Man City. Is Kolo Toure a starter or on the bench for Man City? Clichy? I'm curious to see what Song does with Barca.

While Arsenal as struggled to replace them, I'm wondering if they also sold at the right time on some of them.

Not sure how true this is, but I just read a short blurb that states Fabergas is unhappy with his lack of starts lately. I like Fabergas, one of the few that didn't nuke the bridge when they left, but I still find it funny.

dw13
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXjboH4qhY

Some prospect. Nicknamed Gerd too. That's fooking telling.

dw13
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
So proud to be a Liverpool fan and to be associated with the club and city. My uncle called me today crying his eyes out in happiness, anger, any other emotion he could think of.

Truth is out. Time for Justice.

JFT96