PDA

View Full Version : Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

dw13
11-25-2011, 10:24 PM
You're probably right about not wanting him in Liverpool. Even I can't remember the last time they got a striker of world class level. :p ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even sarcastically that's funny!

dw13
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
:lol:

I love beating the Chavs at the Bridge.

Semi-finals here we are.

suckerpuncher
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Portugal
Holland
Denmark

Someone doesn't seem to like us by giving us that group. Gonna be a real tough group but then again if we want to win the EURO we have to take on all comers and beat them.

Btw. in recent tournaments we always lost game #2 which would be the Holland game this time around and still went very far.

phaneuf6
12-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Ireland drew Croatia, Italy, and Spain.

Pretty confident against Italy and Croatia, should be able to get a win and draw out of those games at least... Spain is a lost cause of course.

moans
12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
What a joke Group A is with Russia, Greece, Czech and Poland . I hope our Irish lads can make it out of Group C but it'll be tough. We'll probably have to beat Italy and at least tie Croatia.

moans
12-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Also, it was amazing watching Crystal Palace beat Man U in the CArling Cup quarters. The first goal by them was an absolute cracker of a shot. Great passing by City on the goal by Aguero.
Man C vs Liverpool on Jan 11. Should be a nice match since we're most likely out of champs league. Must say, I was unbelieveably impressed with Oxade-Chamberlain for Arsenal. I think he'll become a regular fixture in their midfield for years to come.

dw13
12-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Also, it was amazing watching Crystal Palace beat Man U in the CArling Cup quarters. The first goal by them was an absolute cracker of a shot. Great passing by City on the goal by Aguero.
Man C vs Liverpool on Jan 11. Should be a nice match since we're most likely out of champs league. Must say, I was unbelieveably impressed with Oxade-Chamberlain for Arsenal. I think he'll become a regular fixture in their midfield for years to come.

You're a City fan as well? I did not know that.

Man U is shit. They were handed the simplest of draws and still couldn't get through. The return fixture of City/LFC will be our first home game in the tournament.

Yeah the Ox looks the goods. I'd love to see him and Walcott on the pitch together, that's some pace.

Croatia and Italy will both do over Ireland, btw Conor.

moans
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Man U is shit. They were handed the simplest of draws and still couldn't get through. The return fixture of City/LFC will be our first home game in the tournament.

Yeah the Ox looks the goods. I'd love to see him and Walcott on the pitch together, that's some pace.

I was wondering if you were going to catch that haha.

I'm a huge Silva and Aguero fan and I'm fairly new to the bpl so why not?
That game last weekend was an unbelievable display from Joe Hart. I think nearly all of his saves were of top quality. If England can get goaltending like that, watch out!

moans
12-02-2011, 09:02 PM

If my FIFA matches against my buddy are any indication. Ireland will win 2-1 with a goal in injury time down two men.

phaneuf6
12-02-2011, 09:50 PM

I don't really rate Italy as highly as some are... they have the talent to overcome Ireland certainly, we'll see on the day though.

Trappatoni didn't want Italy or Spain and of course, those are the two teams we draw.

At least Portugal should be out after the first round so we don't have to listen to all the Porkchops in Toronto.

I think it was in the last Euro between them and Netherlands, things got a little heated. Am looking forward to watching that match now.

dw13
12-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I was wondering if you were going to catch that haha.

I'm a huge Silva and Aguero fan and I'm fairly new to the bpl so why not?
That game last weekend was an unbelievable display from Joe Hart. I think nearly all of his saves were of top quality. If England can get goaltending like that, watch out!

Yeah, I really like Aguero and Silva as well. Rafa wanted both of them at a certain time but was refused the funds to buy them.

Joe Hart was out of this world. The save on Carroll was just unreal.

dw13
12-04-2011, 02:10 PM
City v United in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Must be excited, Mike!

moans
12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
City v United in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Must be excited, Mike!

Of course we get by far the toughest match, while you and the rest of the bpl teams have a cakewalk.

What's with Maxi not starting tonight? I think he's earned his place in the startin 11.

dw13
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Of course we get by far the toughest match, while you and the rest of the bpl teams have a cakewalk.

What's with Maxi not starting tonight? I think he's earned his place in the startin 11.

We still haven't played a home match in the League Cup. Stoppit. United IS a cakewalk.

Maxi's in fine form but I'll never argue against what the King does. His record speaks for itself. Cmon you Mighty Reds.

moans
12-05-2011, 03:01 PM

We still haven't played a home match in the League Cup. Stoppit. United IS a cakewalk.

Maxi's in fine form but I'll never argue against what the King does. His record speaks for itself. Cmon you Mighty Reds.

My fantasy team is not liking the King right now. :lol:

dw13
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM
The Ref was always determined from the off to get into the headlines. He's done it alright.

Combined with the fact that it's the same problem year after year, we can't put away shit teams... we drop points again.

Shocking really.

moans
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I also had Spearing on my fantasy team. What a joke that red was. I'm going to question Kenny's decision not to start Maxi. He scored 3 last year at Craven Cottage.

Big game Wednesday. We NEED to beat Bayern Munich while Napoli has to lose. Although we definitely blew it last time by losing 2-1 to Napoli (stupid Cavani and his immense skill)

dw13
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I also had Spearing on my fantasy team. What a joke that red was. I'm going to question Kenny's decision not to start Maxi. He scored 3 last year at Craven Cottage.

Big game Wednesday. We NEED to beat Bayern Munich while Napoli has to lose. Although we definitely blew it last time by losing 2-1 to Napoli (stupid Cavani and his immense skill)

Meh. Certainly you can question it, but the team that was put out was more than enough to do the job. I've backed Carroll from day 1 but it's to the point now where I think January might be time to turn him in and cut our losses. Similar to Rafa w/ Keane. I've heard whispers of a Carroll for Tiote swap to send Carroll back to Newcastle, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I really like Tiote, he could step in for Lucas and do a job and then next year, partner Tiote.

Yeah, I actually like that move to get Spearo on your squad. The ref was a clear joke and like I said, from the go the ref made it clear he wanted in the highlights. Didn't offer Suarez any sort of protection either. Nothing new.

Good luck Wednesday!

moans
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Meh. Certainly you can question it, but the team that was put out was more than enough to do the job. I've backed Carroll from day 1 but it's to the point now where I think January might be time to turn him in and cut our losses. Similar to Rafa w/ Keane. I've heard whispers of a Carroll for Tiote swap to send Carroll back to Newcastle, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I really like Tiote, he could step in for Lucas and do a job and then next year, partner Tiote.

Yeah, I actually like that move to get Spearo on your squad. The ref was a clear joke and like I said, from the go the ref made it clear he wanted in the highlights. Didn't offer Suarez any sort of protection either. Nothing new.

Good luck Wednesday!

I agree, him and Suarez just do not work well together

Thanks for the luck, we're gonna need it!

dw13
12-05-2011, 10:57 PM
I agree, him and Suarez just do not work well together

Thanks for the luck, we're gonna need it!

Carroll is just too immobile for any partner, especially one as mobile as Suarez.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 02:06 PM
@dw13
Stop sugarcoating it finally admit Gomez would have been the far superior option to both Caroll and Suarez. :lol:

Both Robben and Kroos won't make the trip to Manchester and Müller and Gomez are questionable. All 4 have the flu to some extend.
But personally I'm ot sure if it's really flu related or because they play the lesser club in Manchester and not the big dogs, though. :D

And if all goes right all EPL teams but Arsenal can be eliminated today/tomorrow. Would make the road to Munich much easier.

dw13
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Gomez isn't in the same atmosphere as Suarez.

As for Carroll, he's an even bigger donkey than Gomez at the moment. And that's saying something :lol:

As much as I'll laugh if United, City and Chelsea go out in the next 2 days, I won't be in favor of it. Gives them full focus on the league.

Win/win for me, I guess. I want Chelsea to surely go out so they fire AVB :lol:

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Gomez isn't in the same atmosphere as Suarez.
You're probably right. Gomez has both way more skill and class than Suarez.

Seems like Suarez once again showed his flawed character last night when he showed his left middle finger into the camera. Classless.
And not even original since so many others have done it way, way before him.
And things like this doesn't help him in the Evra case, either.

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/Luis-gesture415.jpg

dw13
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Doesn't have anywhere near the skill of Suarez. You really must be kidding yourself.

Suarez act yesterday were inexcusable, he needs to get it together. But he's continually offered absolutely no protection on the pitch - I suspect you didn't watch the match, but it was very clear from the beginning after he was cut in half by the goon that is Hangeland and the ref came over to him and starred him in the eyes and said 'stay on your feet' that he was going to be an arse.

He was fouled more than 10 times and not awarded a fucking thing. Included a stonewall penalty.

I'm not making any excuses for him, he can't do what he did. It's a slap in the face of the greatest club on earth. I hope and know Kenny will sit down with him.

Anyway, please don't say you actually think Gomez has more skill than Suarez. It's not even close, and it wasn't but a year ago you wanted that donkey Gomez out.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Of course I do.

Strikers get almost always by the numbers of goals they scored. And since coming to Bayern in 2009 Gomez scored 51 goals in 75 games which is a excellent ratio. And if you cut out his first year the ratio over the last 2 (actually 1.5) seasons is even better.
And Suarez has what? About 10 goals in about 30 games. Not too bad but not great either.

For the system both Bayern and the German national team uses with just one striker Gomez is a perfect match.

And as far as talent goes the bosses @Bayern are all former players and they know a lot more about the game than I do.
And they are not known to just spend big money on transfers unless the player is one of the top players at his postions. And also has a very good character to fit in the Bayern family.

And especially Hoeness and Rummenigge are normally very reluctant to spend any money unless they are both comfortable with the player and when it comes to the real big deals rest assured those two do their due dilligences.
And I'm not talking about the cheaper ones Klinsmann desperatly wanted like Pranjic or Tymoshuk etc.
I'm talking about the likes of Neuer, Robben, Ribery and also Gomez. And from all of those Gomez had the biggest transfer fee ever.

So if he wasn't talented and skilled and one of the best strikers in the world Bayern would not have paid €30 mio. for him without any hesitation.
And once he got his chance last winter he seized the opportunity.

And given the choice the €3.5 mio. difference in transfer fees between Gomez and Suarez are well worth it.

dw13
12-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Suarez hasn't led the line but a few times for Liverpool since he arrived. 81 goals in 110 for Ajax when he was their striker. That's more indication.

If we're just judging off goals, please don't talk about 'skill' then because that's all Gomez is, a donkey who feeds off the team behind him for goals. He does it extremely well over the past 18 months, no doubt about that.

Suarez does more than score goals though. He creates, he's the focal point in what is really a weakish team (Bayern is the strongest team in Germany, no question about it).

It's an unfair comparison. Internationally 26 in 52 for Suarez, 21 in 50 for Gomez. Better rate to Suarez, where even there he isn't played as an out-and-out striker.

Suarez has so much more to his game than Gomez it's not even funny. So if we're talking 'skill' Suarez pisses on Gomez. If we're talking just goal scoring? Sure, I'll give you Gomez has done more.

Gomez couldn't score like that in Liverpool's team, though.

Comparison Suarez/Gomez is like comparing Iniesta/Villa in the Barca team. It's not a good comparison.

Edit: I underrate Gomez clearly, his goal scoring record over the past 12 months has been nothing short of awesome. Calling him a donkey is over the top. But I'd take Suarez every time if I was made to pick.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
As far as the Ajax time goes the Eredivise is a lot of things that helped his stats.
In betting terms it's an over league because most games have more than 2.5 goals. Which helps out strikers immensly.
And then Ajax is one of the top teams and there's not much pariety. The level of the teams behind Ajax/PSV and lately Twente/Alkmaar is very low. Another thing that helps out strikers.

So it's almost impossible to compare numbers between the Bundesliga and the Eredivise.

And as far as the comparisms in international games goes the competion here in Europe is much tougher than it is in South America. So once again it's not the same.

And I'm not denying that Gomez profits from the players around him but he already played very well when he was in Stuttgart when the supporting cast was weaker.

And Gomez is always percepted as being less skilled. Mostly because he's tall. He's like 3-4 inch taller than Suarez. And tall people are often viewed as being a bit handicapped in their motion range.
But yet he can shoot equally well with his right and his left foot and is also good with his head. And he can also dribble. Maybe Suarez can dribble better but not so much as some may think.

And since you brought up Iniesta. Why isn't he among the finalist of the FIFA Ballon d'Or?
Of those 3 nominated the only one deserving to win it is Xavi. Like I said so many times before without Xavi and Iniesta Messi would choke as much as he does when he plays for Argentina. But as always all the recognition goes to Messi while the guys who actually to the tough work get left out.

dw13
12-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Gomez has skill about him, just not as much as Suarez. We'll just agree to disagree. I've been too hard on Gomez.

Messi every time for me.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
You don't have to concede to keep the peace.

All I'm saying is that Gomez has more skill than people think he has. He wouldn't score that many goals if he'd lack skills. It's not like he's stumbling across the pitch trying not to fall over his own feet like you some time implying.

And I'm also saying Gomez is a perfect match for Bayern.

If one has more skill than the other is anyway hard to prove since skill isn't something you can really measure.

Maybe we can agree that both have (slightly) different skillsets which suits their playing style. Or maybe their different playing style is due to their different skillset.

dw13
12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Agreed. Kind of like I'd never compare Torres at Liverpool to Suarez.

Torres at Liverpool is more comparable to Gomez. Team is built behind him, suited to his play. They both really can only play as a lone striker - but are deadly at that.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Btw. Drogba wants out of Chelsea. Interested ;)

One other thing. Why is the NCAA butchering the soccer rules?
2 days ago our ESPN here showed games as part of their NCAA coverage and (luckily) I only caught the last couple of minutes from a womens game (I think Duke/Wake Forest).

I couldn't care less about the level of competition but what caught my eye and made me mad was the fact the the clock was winding down from 45 to 0 instead of the other way around.
And worse than that the last 10 seconds the PA guy counted down to 0 and the game was over once the clock struck 0. No additional time no nothing.

What's up with that bullshit?

dw13
12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, that's brutal stuff. Who knows. College Soccer is going to be extinct in the next decade, atleast Mens will be.

Drogba is still a class player but Anzhi, the MLS or even PSG will be lining up to give him massive money and he already said no matter what he's going to the highest bidder.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
How will the "extinction" of college soccer affect the MLS. So far there is a draft, right?
Will the MLS teams then start their own "farm" systems like anywhere else in the world?

So much for class and professionalism for Drogba.
Is the Rafa signing for PSG already a done deal? 2 days ago it seems like it but since then it's pretty quiet.

dw13
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
How will the "extinction" of college soccer affect the MLS. So far there is a draft, right?
Will the MLS teams then start their own "farm" systems like anywhere else in the world?

So much for class and professionalism for Drogba.
Is the Rafa signing for PSG already a done deal? 2 days ago it seems like it but since then it's pretty quiet.

Well, right now there is a draft for college prospects but you can also sign and not enter the draft, too. But yeah, there is already MLS youth teams now. They started a few years ago, and that's now take reign like it has overseas. Obviously not to that level yet but it will only grow and that will lead to the extinction of College Soccer, IMO. Maybe not kill it, but it'll be nothing more than future amateur players.

Yeah, I know, Drogba is just chasing money now. That's it.

And the rumor is he's in talks with PSG but his agent has said that's false. (His Agent also said that days before he left Valencia for Liverpool). It would be a wonderful job for Rafa, he would be a big city, he would be funded to the max and he can build the 'project' which he has stated he wants on numerous occasions.

But he's also said he's interested in the England job, and obviously, he wants back at Liverpool. The latter will happening eventually, probably when Kenny is done managing. Rafa has already been giving players to Kenny and Comolli that he recommends (Countinho, being one of them). So he's still very close to the club and lives in Liverpool.

I think PSG makes sense for Rafa and it will probably happen at some point.

suckerpuncher
12-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Bayern starts a B squad tonight. Curious side note 6 of those 11 starters are left-footed which is quite unusual. Not that it would help City much, tough.

And on a different note they also announced to close down the South American scouting department. Understandably because none of the recent signings really panned out.
The only South Americans who actually worked out where those who actually played in Germany / Europe before and where bought from European clubs like Elber, Lucio, Pizarro etc.

dw13
12-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha United :lol:

I hope the bastards draw City in the Europa.

Oh what a day. I don't often care about United but today was too good.

suckerpuncher
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I think the rules of the draw prevent teams relegated from the UCL playing in the first round against each other. Not quite sure if the rule that 2 clubs from the same league can't play each other in the first round also applies.

dw13
12-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I think the rules of the draw prevent teams relegated from the UCL playing in the first round against each other. Not quite sure if the rule that 2 clubs from the same league can't play each other in the first round also applies.

Don't piss on my parade :lol:

suckerpuncher
12-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Don't piss on my parade :lol:
Maybe I should put "Habitual Parade Pisser" in my sig or under my user name. :D:D:D

dw13
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Maybe I should put "Habitual Parade Pisser" in my sig or under my user name. :D:D:D

"Neither Arsenal or Chelsea will fear Basel in the last 16".

A commentator just said. Unreal.

dw13
12-07-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7PkwApZncs&feature=youtu.be

What a classy fuck he is, eh.

Makes me love Kenny Dalglish that much more every time I see Whiskey Nose talk.

dw13
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Great presser by Kenny going after the FA.

Two faced fucks.

suckerpuncher
12-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm also not happy with the reduction of Rooney's ban especially since those fuckers didn't reduce Ribery's ban making him miss the UCL final 2 years ago. Considering the commitee handing the ban back then consisted mostly of Italians it was obvious they'd never let Ribery play in the final otherwise they would have hurt their Italian team (Inter).

dw13
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm also not happy with the reduction of Rooney's ban especially since those fuckers didn't reduce Ribery's ban making him miss the UCL final 2 years ago. Considering the commitee handing the ban back then consisted mostly of Italians it was obvious they'd never let Ribery play in the final otherwise they would have hurt their Italian team (Inter).

Can't believe the FA even had the balls to appeal his red card.

None the less win it.

Shocking.

suckerpuncher
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
They are probably hoping that with Rooney at the EURO their chance of winning raises from none to very, very slim.

dw13
12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
They are probably hoping that with Rooney at the EURO their chance of winning raises from none to very, very slim.

Meh.

He's a Manc. If it were at Liverpool player they wouldn't of appealed it.

The FA is in Slur Alex's pockets, nothing surprises me anymore.

suckerpuncher
12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
And how would the appeal ManU? He's neither banned in the EPL and also not in the UCL/EL.
And actually it would benefit ManU more if he would have stayed banned and miss out on the EURO all together not risking any injury.

dw13
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
And how would the appeal ManU? He's neither banned in the EPL and also not in the UCL/EL.
And actually it would benefit ManU more if he would have stayed banned and miss out on the EURO all together not risking any injury.

He's a Manc. He was absolutely destroyed mentally by the red card, and everyone in the country wanted the ban overturned. The FA backed him to the fullest because it was Wayne Rooney, a Manc. I didn't say the appeal would help ManU, I said they've supported him because he plays for United.

My point about Slur Alex is that, time after time again he's shown he has the FA in his pocket. I'm not going to rehash each time, because the whole world (if you follow English football) knows this is a fact.

FA is corrupt and fucking awful. As a Liverpool fan, I'm used to it.

dw13
12-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Sucker, have you had the chance to see Fernando Torres at Chelsea? And did you have the chance to see him at Liverpool?

Can you tell me what's happened to him? It surely can't just be injuries, he even looks now to have his pace back but he just is a mess.

Curious of your thoughts

b_illin
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha United :lol:

I hope the bastards draw City in the Europa.

Oh what a day. I don't often care about United but today was too good.

:D:lol::D

dw13
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
:D:lol::D

If they found Liverpool's financial problems funny, just wait if they collapse this season and miss out on CL qualification. They'll go down our same route but even worse, considering their debt tops ours.

Without CL football, United is done. This could very well be the beginning of a long road that us Liverpool fans know too much about.

suckerpuncher
12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I follow the EPL to some extend but since their schedule often collides with the Bundesliga not as much as I want to.

Tough to pinpoint what is exactly wrong with Torres. If it was easy it would have been fixed a long time ago.
I think there are several pieces to this puzzle.

As you mentioned he was injured quite some time especially when he played for Liverpool. Maybe he always tried to come back to play to early and never completely getting healed and so dragging his injury problems with him which takes a toll on his overall performance. Especially knee problems tend to linger.

Not sure what's going on his personal life. Maybe some unknown issues there. Maybe he isn't that happy in England in general anymore. And I don't know how much he's really integrated in the team/culture.
And the way he left Liverpool he put himself under a lot of pressure which also doesn't help him either.

Maybe he needs a coaching staff that really believes in him and gives him chance after chance until he one day "magically" breaks out again.
He got a chance earlier in the season for about 5 games against lesser opponents in the EPL but he wasn't exavtly lights out then and since his red card he rarely got any chance anymore. There's too much competions up front in Chelsea which makes it impossible to just hand him chances.
Every player but especially strikers need that experience you only get when playing competitive games to find some sort of groove.

Just look how Gomez broke out of his slump last winter once he got his chance of playing a bunch of consecutive games since he was the only option to start back then. But in all fairness he never had that injury troubles Torres had. Can't completely compare those situations. But it should bring my point across.

And it isn't the first time that a player shines bright early on in his career just to see his star sink at a younger age as fast as he once rose. Normally it happens more to South American (especially Brazilian) or African players but it's not like it never happend before to European guys.

Can't even count how often I heard someone will be the next big thing and after a good year or two nobody really heard from them again. Just look how Kaka and Robinho were hyped and now they are nowhere near to what they once were or or what they were supposed to be.
Not saying that Torres really fits into that mold since he played on a high level for a longer period but there are at least some similarities.

Every striker goes into slumps but they never last this long so there's more going on. Most likely a combination to some extend of all those things and probably even more.

Maybe the best solution for all would be to let Torres go back to Spain to a club not named Real/Barca and have him lead a team around him with a staff that just let's him play game after game to get back into a rhythm. Why not go back to where it all began - Atletico Madrid.
That's probably the best for him to resurect his career.

I personally think he won't be busting out @Chelsea and if he has something left he should go back home to Spain. And I'm not very confident that he'll reach his elite status back especially if those knee problems persist.

suckerpuncher
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
If they found Liverpool's financial problems funny, just wait if they collapse this season and miss out on CL qualification. They'll go down our same route but even worse, considering their debt tops ours.

Without CL football, United is done. This could very well be the beginning of a long road that us Liverpool fans know too much about.

Just to make you jealous Bayerns latest financial report says they have about €268 mio in equity with roughly half (€129 mio.) of that in liquid equity accessable at any time
And the credit for the @AllianzArena comes of the books soon (target date 2018 once estimated to run until at least 2028).

dw13
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Just to make you jealous Bayerns latest financial report says they have about €268 mio in equity with roughly half (€129 mio.) of that in liquid equity accessable at any time
And the credit for the @AllianzArena comes of the books soon (target date 2018 once estimated to run until at least 2028).

I am jealous, but a year ago and I would of been much more jealous.

I have full belief in our new owners, especially when they decide on either the new stadium or expanding Anfield. It'll fall even more into place. Add that into the fact of CL football in the near future (hopefully next season) and we should be back in great shape.

Nothing like Bayern though. Must be nice.

dw13
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
http://s1-04.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/471842725.jpg

The question is now; would he be welcomed back at Liverpool?

Just can't see it happening myself.

But clearly he wants no part of the Chavs.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/13/article-2073746-0F2ABBB200000578-80_468x286.jpg

suckerpuncher
12-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Just like I said. He won't break through @Chealsea.

He should go back home to Spain quite possibly to Atletico.

Btw. you never said what you think is wrong him.

dw13
12-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Just like I said. He won't break through @Chealsea.

He should go back home to Spain quite possibly to Atletico.

Btw. you never said what you think is wrong him.

Athletico in too big of debt, I reckon he'll be off to Malaga in the summer.

It's a mix of his head being fucked and Chelsea just doesn't suit him. Liverpool built our team around his strengths, Rafa always said that Torres could never partner a striker not named David Villa, and that's true.

But his head for the most part is gone. He clearly took bad advice and rushed into a decision to leave Liverpool, and he left his heart behind. The club he loved, the club that loved him. His form as gone, the fans didn't get behind him full-go at Chelsea and he was used to Liverpool fans always there to pick him up.

He needs to get back to Spain very quickly.

And I would be able to welcome him back at Liverpool one did if he hadn't said all of the hurtful things he said. He burned the Liverpool bridge. Grass isn't always greener, Fernando.

suckerpuncher
12-16-2011, 03:40 AM
Tough break for David Villa. Quite literally. He's most likely even out for the EURO which is a big blow for Spain and theirchances of retaining the title.

suckerpuncher
12-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Bayern gets Basel. Unless they play as dumb as ManU they should advance.

Like I said ManC can't face ManU but Porto v ManC and Ajax v ManU doesn't sound to bad either. On the other hand it gives them a good excuse to fail.

dw13
12-17-2011, 01:32 AM
@henrywinter: Evra told the ref: "You’re only booking me because I’m black.’’ Accusing him of racism at the time, but not Suarez.

@henrywinter: "Don’t touch me, you South American,’’ Evra is alleged to have said. To which, the Uruguayan replied: “Porque, Negro?’’

And Henry Winter is a Manc, and he's admitting this is what's been told at the hearing.

Again, Negro is a term of endearment in South American countries.

Baffling that Suarez was charged, and I'm still expecting a ban in the next few days because the FA, is, well... the FA.

dw13
12-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Disgusting.

The FA is an absolute joke. I'm not baffled by the decision though, I called this weeks ago. It's how it goes in England with the FA, especially against Liverpool.

We'll our wonderful club will fight this to the death, backing our Luis Suarez. No evidence of any abuse, Suarez was forward about what was said... and to make matters worse, something that came from the hearing, Evra said this to ref after a booking: "You only booked me because I'm black"

A fucking disgrace. I expect it from United though. No diginity.

moans
12-21-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm the biggest Liverpool hater out there and I think that 8 games was far, far too much. I think the same message could have been sent in 3 or 4 games.

mrtybrodur30
12-21-2011, 03:52 AM
My cousin is a huge Liverpool fan and I told him they were going to make an example out of him and by that I thought 3-4 games like moans said but 8 games!! That is crazy, a few players are going to have to step up big when suarez does have to be out. When are they going to get around to dealing with John Terry?

dw13
12-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Guys. I'm sorry but ONE game was too much.

An absolute joke.

mrtybrodur30
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah but this was going on for so long you knew it was going to be big just not that big. Also if Suarez did say whatever term typically used in Uruguay, he has been in Europe long enough to know better you would think, its not like he just came over. It just was not a good idea.

Winger72
12-21-2011, 01:22 PM
What exactly is the "evidence" against Suarez? If guilty then an example needs to be made, but for 8 games there better be more and stronger evidence than he said vs he said.

Not a Liverpool fan but I like Suarez, started following him cause of fantasy. Does anyone know when he would start serving the suspension?

b_illin
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
What exactly is the "evidence" against Suarez? If guilty then an example needs to be made, but for 8 games there better be more and stronger evidence than he said vs he said.

Not a Liverpool fan but I like Suarez, started following him cause of fantasy. Does anyone know when he would start serving the suspension?

he admitted that he said it. (but he implied that he didn't mean in the negative way - as was mentioned, the word negrito can be good or bad depending on the context)

totally bullshit. my gunners buddy was over last night and was as shocked as i was

dw13
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah but this was going on for so long you knew it was going to be big just not that big. Also if Suarez did say whatever term typically used in Uruguay, he has been in Europe long enough to know better you would think, its not like he just came over. It just was not a good idea.

Please. Stop the shit. He has grown up with that language, his grandfather is Black for heavens sake. He meant absolutely no harm with it, it was a term of endearment.

After-all, we're talking about Evra, someone who has 'cried wolf' before and been charged for it.

Cut the shit. He did nothing wrong.

Evra's word vs. Suarez word. But this is the FA we're talking about. They'll always side with United.

Can't wait to see Liverpool take this to a real court, where you need actual evidence.

he admitted that he said it. (but he implied that he didn't mean in the negative way - as was mentioned, the word negrito can be good or bad depending on the context)

totally bullshit. my gunners buddy was over last night and was as shocked as i was

Na. He admitted to saying "Nigerito" which is a term of endearment. And I'm certain that's how he meant it considering the type of person Suarez is, the fact that his grandfather is black and how strong Liverpool FC is in their support for him.

Complete shit.

dw13
12-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Sucker, I'm hoping Liverpool go in for Podolski in January. Since his contract is near ending, we could use another attacking player. I'd love him.

mrtybrodur30
12-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Dude relax I have liked Suarez when he had started at Ajax, im just saying it was not the smartest thing for him to say, Evra is not from Urugua., You can see how some people might take that the wrong way.

suckerpuncher
12-23-2011, 03:54 AM
I still remember how happy and hopeful I was when he came to Bayern. But unfortunately that didn't work out that well. Afterall his nickname isn't Prince Poldi for nothing. And in Cologne he was more like a king.

But since he's more mature now maybe it will work better this time when he leaves "his" club.

Btw. not much love for JT: http://t.co/sKmPWUEF

And as far as Suarez goes I think this article pretty much sums it up. Too bad it's only in German: http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/article13778230/Was-Suarez-Rassismus-Sperre-mit-Blatter-zu-tun-hat.html
Not sure if the Google translated version is any help: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.welt.de%2Fsport%2Ffussball%2Far ticle13778230%2FWas-Suarez-Rassismus-Sperre-mit-Blatter-zu-tun-hat.html

dw13
12-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Dude relax I have liked Suarez when he had started at Ajax, im just saying it was not the smartest thing for him to say, Evra is not from Urugua., You can see how some people might take that the wrong way.

That's fine. I never said you didn't like Suarez.

Fact is, the term "Nigerito" gets used ALL the time. Steve McManaman was just saying in the Chelsea/Spurs game, he was a locker room in Spain, last week and heard the term used more than once in a locker room full of mixed races.

Who cares if it's smart? Suarez now has to deal with every where he goes being called a racist. His family will take abuse. This could very well be the end of Suarez' career in England/Liverpool. That's why I have a problem with it. The man is CLEARLY not a racist, his remark wasn't made that way and it's disgusting the way the FA is handling this.

Suarez admitted he said the word, and he meant no harm by it. The was no evidence he meant any abuse in what he said.

8 games is a laughing stock.

Go ahead and take a guess which team we play on the 8th game of his suspension. Go ahead, take one guess.

Manc United, away.

Fuck the FA. YNWA Suarez.

dw13
12-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Sucker, rumor is Liverpool have started to lodge a bid for Podolski.

Think he would fit in well in our team.

dw13
12-23-2011, 03:13 PM
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2011/1222/liverpoolplayersinluissuarezt-shirtvwigan20111221_576x324.jpg

The shirts that are receiving stick across England.

I love it. Supporting Luis to the fullest.

moans
12-23-2011, 08:18 PM
He's appealed, I'd be shocked if it wasn't cut to less than 6 games. Also, this means that when the criminal investigation is finished with Jason Terry, he'll be suspended for even longer than Suarez. Regardless, you can't say that shit on the field. I don't care where you're from, you're playing in England, it's unacceptable.

dw13
12-24-2011, 01:36 AM
He's appealed, I'd be shocked if it wasn't cut to less than 6 games. Also, this means that when the criminal investigation is finished with Jason Terry, he'll be suspended for even longer than Suarez. Regardless, you can't say that shit on the field. I don't care where you're from, you're playing in England, it's unacceptable.

Hilarious. It's a world wide sport and Evra, the boy who cried wolf once before (and has been suspended), isn't even English. Not that it matters, Suarez' grandfather is black. He's the furthest thing from a racist.

That's the England tabloid stance you've got there.

And, if we/when we appeal and it actually goes to a court where you need real evidence, it'll be overthrown.

And if not, we'll still go to the Old Toilet and destroy the jammy Mancs.

And as for Terry. If I'm being honest, when I first saw the video I thought he said 'blind c*nt'... but he's a disgusting human being so I'll never side with him.

dw13
12-24-2011, 12:19 PM
:lol::lol::lol: @ Sky for trying to rig the Player of the Year voting and getting caught.

Suarez wins it, even though they tried their hardest to make Nani the winner.

dw13
12-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Being widely reported that Evra called Suarez "sudaca" before Suarez said "Neh-gro" or "Negro" or "Nigerito" (all 3 have different meanings, we're not sure what he said)

Sudaca is like calling a Spanish speaking person the "N-word"

Just thought I'd throw it out there, afterall, this is speculation just like what Suarez said and got banned for. Speculation.

moans
12-27-2011, 01:27 AM
If true, Evra should be banned as well.

suckerpuncher
12-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Surprised it wasn't mentioned before. Earlier this week Suarez got another 1-game ban for his middle finger.

Seems like the "conspiracy" continues.
The FA once again ruling in favor of their personal favorites LFC. Given the fact that the gesture itself towards the fans is inexcusable and Suarez being a repeat offender it should have easily been a 3-5 game ban. Effenberg once got kicked out of the national squad when he did it during the '94 WC and nowadays it's just a 1-game ban. But what do you expect from the Scouser-friendly FA these days. :rolleyes:

:p :D :lol:

suckerpuncher
12-30-2011, 12:19 PM
On a more serious note Sion is playing Asterix&Obelix against Rome aka. FIFA. (not sure if anyone gets this comic reference, though).

Now they sue FIFA and the CAS and in the meantime the Swiss FA cowardly deducts Sion all their points to please the FIFA and avoid Basel and their national team to get kicked out of any competition.
Probably not so bad for Bayern because otherwise if Basel got banned from the UCL they most likely would have had to face ManU and not gotten a bye in the round of last 16.

Still intersting to see how things pan out. Especially if Sion should win. That could have major implications regarding the juristiction of FIFA and CAS.

dw13
12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Surprised it wasn't mentioned before. Earlier this week Suarez got another 1-game ban for his middle finger.

Seems like the "conspiracy" continues.
The FA once again ruling in favor of their personal favorites LFC. Given the fact that the gesture itself towards the fans is inexcusable and Suarez being a repeat offender it should have easily been a 3-5 game ban. Effenberg once got kicked out of the national squad when he did it during the '94 WC and nowadays it's just a 1-game ban. But what do you expect from the Scouser-friendly FA these days. :rolleyes:

:p :D :lol:

I really, really hope you're joking because it's actually a joke he was suspended. I won't complain because it was silly, but going by how the FA has acted over stuff like this before, he shouldn't of been suspended.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=41771.0;attach=247 38;image

Who was the only one to be suspended?

FA is a joke, a farce and always has been. I don't expect someone who doesn't follow English football to agree though.

dw13
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Steven Gerrard is made from different gravy then the rest of the world.

What a player.

Turned the match on its head from the second he stepped on the pitch.

dw13
01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
City lose. United lose. Spurs draw. Chelsea lose.

1 point from the top 4.

What a weekend.

mrtybrodur30
01-01-2012, 01:03 PM
City lose. United lose. Spurs draw. Chelsea lose.

1 point from the top 4.

What a weekend.Your still 2 points back, tied with Chelsea. My cousin is a big Liverpool fan and he is hoping you guys get Podolski but rumors have you guys going after Bent right now. I dont like him but maybe Carroll can get going if Gerrard keeps playing. Carroll looked almost shocked at the quality of the balls coming in from Gerrard last game. Will be interesting to see Chelsea after the window closes, whatever happens I dont see Chelsea getting better, even if avb gets his big names up front the Defense is terrible lol. I like watching Wolves and their battle to avoid relegation so im happy they got Frimpong on loan cause they need him haha.

Also all the new info on Suarez looks even worse than before if thats possible.

dw13
01-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Your still 2 points back, tied with Chelsea. My cousin is a big Liverpool fan and he is hoping you guys get Podolski but rumors have you guys going after Bent right now. I dont like him but maybe Carroll can get going if Gerrard keeps playing. Carroll looked almost shocked at the quality of the balls coming in from Gerrard last game. Will be interesting to see Chelsea after the window closes, whatever happens I dont see Chelsea getting better, even if avb gets his big names up front the Defense is terrible lol. I like watching Wolves and their battle to avoid relegation so im happy they got Frimpong on loan cause they need him haha.

Also all the new info on Suarez looks even worse than before if thats possible.

Thanks for the update on Liverpool ;) Let your mate know that Liverpool will finish top 4, and Bent is a sack of shit, I will be furious if we are actually in for him.

As for the Suarez thing, I highly doubt you read the 115 page report (if any). And if you did, I'm shocked you came off with that comment.

We're in the same situation as before. Evra's word vs Suarez word. Why does Evra's win?

I won't comment anymore on the Suarez situation.

Good move for Frimpong, not sure McCarthy is the right manager for him though.

dw13
01-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Last thing I'll put, just to show you the inconsistency and shit from the FA. I will not post anymore after this. It's from RAWK:

Interesting to compare these paras (my emphasis):

Mr Suarez puts his hand on Mr Evra's head

107. After he had spoken to them, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez walked away from the referee in the
direction of the goalmouth. They walked side by side. Mr Suarez stretched out his left
arm, and put his left hand on the back of Mr Evra's head. Mr Evra immediately and firmly
pushed Mr Suarez's arm away. The referee called them back and spoke to them again. He
spoke first to Mr Suarez. The referee clasped Mr Suarez's two arms down by his side, and
spoke to him. He then spoke briefly to Mr Evra. Mr Evra made a comment as he and Mr
Suarez walked away. Mr Suarez can then be seen making a comment to Mr Evra.

108. Mr Evra's evidence on this incident was as follows. As he and Mr Suarez walked away
from the referee, Mr Suarez put his hand on Mr Evra's head. Mr Evra pushed his hand
away as he did not want Mr Suarez to touch him. The referee must have seen this as he
called them over and told them to calm down. The referee told Mr Suarez not to touch Mr
Evra as Mr Evra was saying he did not want Mr Suarez to touch him. As they walked
away Mr Suarez said something to Mr Evra but he did not remember what he said to him
or what Mr Evra said to Mr Suarez.

109. Mr Suarez's account was as follows. The referee called the players to him the first time. Mr
Suarez did not understand what the referee was saying but he gained the impression that
what he was doing was to say that they should each say sorry to each other and get on
with the game. As they walked away from the referee, Mr Suarez took his advice and
patted Mr Evra on the back of the head. According to Mr Suarez, this was "a friendly
gesture designed to be conciliatory" but Mr Evra reacted adversely to it and quite violently
pushed his arm away. At that point the referee called them both back again to him, spoke
to them again and, Mr Suarez believed, delivered the same message about getting on with
the game. There was no more conversation between Mr Evra and Mr Suarez for the rest of
the game. It will be noted that Mr Suarez makes no mention of the players talking to each
other as they walk away from the referee for the second time.

With these:

359. In our judgment, the occasion when Mr Suarez admitted using the word "negro" probably
occurred in this way. After the referee had spoken to the players and told them to calm
down, Mr Suarez put his hand on the back of Mr Evra's head as they walked away. This
was designed to further aggravate Mr Evra. The referee spoke to them again. Mr Evra said
that he did not want Mr Suarez to touch him. We bear in mind that Mr Suarez said that he
understood Mr Evra when he said in English "Don't touch me". This is consistent with the
fact that Mr Evra spoke to the referee in English. It is probable that Mr Suarez heard Mr
Evra saying to the referee in English that he did not want Mr Suarez to touch him. As they
walked away from the referee for this second time, Mr Evra probably said to Mr Suarez
again in English "Don't touch me" or words to that effect, and Mr Suarez said "por que,
negro?", meaning "why, black".

360. This finding is in line with Mr Suarez's original recollection that he made this comment
after touching Mr Evra's head. However, what remained troubling was the way in which
Mr Suarez was prepared to change his account having apparently formed the view that it
was contradicted in this respect by the video evidence.

361. Mr Suarez told us that he said "por que, negro?" in response to Mr Evra saying "Don't
touch me, South American". At one point in his interview with the FA, Mr Suarez said that
Mr Evra used the words "Don't touch me, sudamericano". In his evidence to us, he said
that Mr Evra's words were "Don't touch me, South American", all in English.

362. The Spanish language experts said that they were not familiar with either "sudamericano"
or "South American" being used as an insult, although if used with a sneer it might well be
understood as such. A more derogatory insult along these lines would be the term
"sudaca", a term most frequently used in Spain to label South American immigrants.

363. Mr Evra denied using the words "South American" when speaking to Mr Suarez. When it
was put to him that he had done so, he seemed genuinely bemused. He said to address
someone as "South American" in this way is not something he would do. He said "What's
the sense? What's the point?". There was no evidence of Mr Evra using this phrase on any
other occasions.

364. We found that Mr Evra did not use the words "South American" when speaking to Mr
Suarez. The language experts were not familiar with its use as an insult, Mr Evra's denial
of his alleged use of it was plausible, we found Mr Suarez's evidence unreliable in many
respects, and we found Mr Evra generally to be a credible witness.

OK, so to summarise. In the second set of paras, they made a firm finding that the sentence "porque negro" was indeed uttered. So according to their findings, Suarez uttered 2 separate sentences. Earlier on he said "porque tu es negro" and later he said "porque, negro?".

Now the experts said that "porque tu es negro" seemed like an unlikely thing for a Uruguayan to say, but that "porque, negro?" made a lot of sense.

However the panel decided that Suarez was unreliable precisely because he claimed he said "porque, negro?" whereas their finding was that he did say "porque tu es negro".

And yet their finding that he did say "porque tu es negro" was partly based on the fact that he was unreliable.

And yet, now, in these paras, having decided Suarez was unreliable for claiming to have said "porque, negro?", they now decide that he DID say "porque, negro?" after all.

Mmmmmmm.

But it gets better.

The tone of para 109 is to criticise LS for not reporting what was said during the exchange with PE at this point (ie walking away from the ref the second time). And yet, in para 108, it is mentioned, without comment, that PE could not tell them what was said then either.

Now, according to these paras, the panel decide unequivocally that the video shows PE saying something, and LS replying. Neither player can recall what was said. It would only seem fair to conclude that nothing significant was said.

Not according to the panel though. According to them, this was an example of LS using the word "negro" which, the panel accepted, PE believed meant "nigger". Apparently PE, the credible witness, forgot this.

What's more, PE made no admission or denial of what he said at this stage. Now of course LS was not claiming that PE said "south american" at this stage. But it was the panel's decision that the exchange which LS reported as taking place a bit earlier did take place, and it took place now. So, according to the panel's findings this is when PE (according to LS's account) called LS "south american". Now has PE denied that? He said he did not remember what he said at this point. So is that a denial of calling LS "south american"? PE cannot even remember what language he spoke in, but the panel decided for him that he spoke in English, did not say "south american", but did say "dont touch me" and LS responded "porque negro".

Double Mmmmm.

I think we need to appeal just so these inconsistencies are aired publically. The finding at this stage is, in my opinion, one which no reasonable body could have come to, and should be chalked off. It doesnt necessarily follow that he will get a complete acquittal, but the faults in the judgment are numerous, and it would be nice to have some of them publically acknowledged and corrected.

suckerpuncher
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
And what about this part?

388. Our findings of fact which are directly relevant to the Charge are as follows:
(1) In response to Mr Evra's question "Concha de tu hermana, porque me diste in
golpe" ("Fucking hell, why did you kick me"), Mr Suarez said "Porque tu eres
negro" ("Because you are black").
(2) In response to Mr Evra's comment "Habla otra vez asi, te voy a dar una porrada"
("say it to me again, I'm going to punch you"), Mr Suarez said "No hablo con los
negros" ("I don't speak to blacks").
(3) In response to Mr Evra's comment "Ahora te voy a dar realmente una porrada"
("okay, now I think I'm going to punch you"), Mr Suarez said "Dale, negro,
negro, negro" ("okay, blackie, blackie, blackie).
(4) When the referee blew his whistle to stop the corner being taken, Mr Suarez used
the word "negro" to Mr Evra.
(5) After the referee had spoken to the players for a second time, and Mr Evra had
said that he did not want Mr Suarez to touch him, Mr Suarez said "Por que,
negro?".

I admit it sounds more and more like kindergarden but still it can't be overlooked.

dw13
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
And what about this part?

I admit it sounds more and more like kindergarden but still it can't be overlooked.

Few things

1) Who's story is that? Patrice Evra's. Can you please tell me how ANY of this the FA calls 'fact'? Please, enlighten me.

2) Earlier in the story, it said Evra said to the FA that Suarez referred to his skin color '5 times' but in his post-match interview he said '10 or more times' - Do you really believe Suarez would say something like "Okay, blackie, blackie, blackie"? Sounds to me like Evra was trying to come up with 5 times of his race being used. (even though him and Slur Alex said 10 times in the post match)

3) Evra says he used the term "negro" and Suarez said Evra said "Sudamerican" - Suarez punished, Evra not.

Shambolic stuff from the FA. They're taking Evra's word, not taking Suarez' word. Why won't they believe that Suarez meant it in a term of endearment? After-all, it was Suarez who put his hand on Evra's head clearly consoling him and trying to calm the situation.

Can't wait to see Liverpool take this all the way to arbitration where real evidence and facts have to be used.

I'm not completely saying Suarez' is 100% innocent, but he didn't racially abuse Patrice Evra. Far from it.

suckerpuncher
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Did I ever say it was a fact? - No.
All I did was showing a part of the report you left out.
And I said from the beginning it would set a horrible precedent if someone gets punished for (allegeded) racial remarks without any hard prove.
And this thing isn't over yet. You said it yourself.

It's one thing to defend Suarez to save the "integrity" of the FA and to protect other players from claims by other players without proof which is a good thing.

But it always looks like you defend Suarez for one reason and for one reason only and that's because he plays for Liverpool. And it also seems like if the roles would be reversed (Evra would play for LFC and Suarez for ManU) you'd be the first one who wants to see Suarez burn. And that's not okay.

But maybe I'm wrong and in that case I'm sorry.

dw13
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Did I ever say it was a fact? - No.
All I did was showing a part of the report you left out.
And I said from the beginning it would set a horrible precedent if someone gets punished for (allegeded) racial remarks without any hard prove.
And this thing isn't over yet. You said it yourself.

It's one thing to defend Suarez to save the "integrity" of the FA and to protect other players from claims by other players without proof which is a good thing.

But it always looks like you defend Suarez for one reason and for one reason only and that's because he plays for Liverpool. And it also seems like if the roles would be reversed (Evra would play for LFC and Suarez for ManU) you'd be the first one who wants to see Suarez burn. And that's not okay.

But maybe I'm wrong and in that case I'm sorry.

I never said you said it was fact, I said that's how its worded from the FA. And that's just one of their many lies in this case.

As for your last comment? Of course I care deeply about this case because it affects the club I love more than anything. I don't care about any other team, club or players in world football. Only who play for Liverpool.

So your thoughts are wrong. I haven't cared about John Terry's case, I don't care about anything else but Liverpool FC.

Suarez career has been completely and utterly tarnished by Ferguson, Evra and the FA. I think it's rather clear that there is no real proof that Luis Suarez racially abused Patrice Evra. But the FA charged him, banned him and now every where in England Suarez goes he's going to take stick from the fans.

Rumors are already popping up that Suarez is possibly looking to leave the country, and it's only going to get worse. No facts, no proof, no evidence and they've ruined one of the worlds best footballers reputations.

That's my problem, and I wouldn't be passionate about it if it were a case between other teams not named Liverpool FC. Why would I?

My comments about Manchester United are opinions of mine. They are a club who is managed by a manager who has very few morals, who thinks he can say and do whatever he wants and normally he can, because the FA completely backs him. I don't want to get into other instances of this but I surely can post some if you'd like.

dw13
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I've got more to say, I'll post this article because it sums up me feelings for the most part, and helps an 'outsider' see where I'm coming from, I think:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2012/01/01/comment-liverpool-fc-striker-luis-suarez-s-name-smeared-on-a-hunch-55578-30044683/#.TwDDM_ObFko

IF you have neither the time nor inclination to read the Football Association’s hefty report on their investigation into the Luis Suarez/ Patrice Evra racism row, let me save you the trouble.

After two months and 115-pages, the entire case came down to one man’s word against another’s.

There was no evidence nor supporting witnesses to back up either player’s version of the events.

And in the end, the much discussed linguistic nuances of the word “negro” and its use in South American Spanish mattered little.

Language experts brought in by the FA concluded that what Suarez admits to having said – “what, negro?” – wouldn’t be considered offensive in his native Uruguay, but what Evra says he hurled at him would be.

So it all came down to who the three-man panel believed.

They decided Evra was the more credible witness, chiefly because his version of events tallied closer to the television footage of the incident than Suarez’s

It is worth noting, however, that while the Frenchman was allowed to give his evidence while watching the video of the confrontation, Suarez was not.

The FA report also claimed that the Manchester United player’s testimony was preferred because he remained calm throughout – importantly, though, he was not the one on trial.

As a result of the report’s publication, most media outlets are now presenting Evra’s claim to have been racially abused “seven times in two minutes” as fact when that is far from the case.

Unlike in a court of law, the panel did not need to be satisfied that Suarez was guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, working instead to a balance of probability rule. And the word “probably” can be found in plentiful supply in the report.

Essentially the Liverpool striker has been convicted on the hunch of three men.

Is that acceptable when a man’s reputation is on the line?

If Suarez used the word negro with the frequency and in the manner in which Evra alleges, he deserves every game of his eight-match suspension.

But that hasn't been proven, with only the two players aware of the truth. And try as the FA might to suggest otherwise, the report hasn’t changed that.

suckerpuncher
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
As for your last comment? Of course I care deeply about this case because it affects the club I love more than anything. I don't care about any other team, club or players in world football. Only who play for Liverpool.

And therein lies the problem.

Because every single decision in the world of football somehow effects everyone within. Even LFC. And if you turn a blind eye on that you're making a huge mistake.

What if Terry's verdict would have come before this? Then there would have been a precedent.
Or the little thing called Bosman-transfer wasn't directly linked to LFC yet it shook the whole foundation of football and therefore also effect LFC.

So saying anything outside of LFC doesn't matter is just ignorant and narrow-minded.

And now it's late here but if I find some time tomorrow I'll try to explain to you why Gerrard may be the biggest on-field problem LFC has right now. :eek:

dw13
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
And therein lies the problem.

Because every single decision in the world of football somehow effects everyone within. Even LFC. And if you turn a blind eye on that you're making a huge mistake.

What if Terry's verdict would have come before this? Then there would have been a precedent.
Or the little thing called Bosman-transfer wasn't directly linked to LFC yet it shook the whole foundation of football and therefore also effect LFC.

So saying anything outside of LFC doesn't matter is just ignorant and narrow-minded.

And now it's late here but if I find some time tomorrow I'll try to explain to you why Gerrard may be the biggest on-field problem LFC has right now. :eek:

Listen; I clearly pay attention to world football, I just don't have an opinion on topics not involving Liverpool FC. And that's fair. It's fine if others care enough about other teams, I don't. I do not see how that's ignorant, it's the truth.

I think I'm a knowledgeable football fan, I just support ONE club and care about ONE club.

You're overreacting to that. Making a dig at me for being so passionate about this case, and not any others (Terry's). That's not right. I didn't say 'that anything outside of LFC doesn't matter' I said it doesn't matter to ME.

As for the Terry incident. There is some video evidence that suggests he racially abused him. It'll go to TRIAL, where that EVIDENCE, has to be PROVEN.

Suarez didn't have that chance. Evra's word was taken over his. Senseless.

Also, you probably shouldn't bother posting the stuff about Gerrard :lol: He's far and away our best player, he's stepped on the pitch for 50 minutes in the past 2 games and he's already shown that. If fit, he's one of the best midfielders in the world, and last season against United he proved that he'll be able to play a deeper role if/when that's needed.

He's pure class and when fit, you couldn't name a midfielder I would replace him with.

dw13
01-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Now, for some more interesting pieces from this 115 piece of shit report from the FA.

113. Mr Evra described the booking in the following way. Mr Kuyt told him to stop diving so
Mr Evra pushed him away. The referee called Mr Evra over to book him. Mr Evra asked
the referee why he was booking him and the referee said it was because he had pushed Mr
Kuyt. When he was being booked, Mr Evra told the referee again that he had been called
black. Mr Evra added that after booking him, the referee spoke to Ryan Giggs. Mr Giggs
then asked Mr Evra what was wrong and Mr Evra told him that he had been called black.
Mr Giggs told Mr Evra to calm down and not get sent off.

114. Mr Giggs gave evidence before us. He said that he was reasonably close to the referee and
after he had shown Mr Evra the yellow card, Mr Giggs approached the referee and asked
him why he had booked Mr Evra. The referee said to Mr Giggs "just calm Patrice down".
Mr Giggs then moved away from the referee and towards Mr Evra. It was obvious to Mr
Giggs from looking at Mr Evra that he was upset. He said that Mr Evra did not seem quite
with it, you might call it red mist. Mr Giggs said to Mr Evra "what's happened?". Mr Evra
replied "he called me black". Mr Giggs assumed that Mr Evra was speaking about Mr
Kuyt since he had just been booked for some kind of tussle with Mr Kuyt. Mr Giggs said
to Mr Evra "did the ref hear it?", to which Mr Evra replied "I don't think so". Mr Giggs
then told Mr Evra to calm down and not get himself sent off.

115. Mr Kuyt gave a slightly different version from Mr Marriner, Mr Evra and Mr Giggs. He
said that after the goal kick he was close to Mr Evra and said "Come on, let's move on, let's
keep going with the game" and touched Mr Evra just on the arm. According to Mr Kuyt,
Mr Evra reacted aggressively and smashed his arm away and at that point, the referee
having seen the incident, called Mr Evra to him and booked him. Mr Kuyt said that he
was very close to Mr Evra and the referee at this time. He said he was "absolutely certain"
that he heard Mr Evra say that the referee was only booking him because he was black.

116. We found the evidence of Mr Marriner on this point to be credible and plausible. He
recalled Mr Evra telling him that he was being called black. This is consistent with Mr
Evra's evidence of what he told Mr Marriner at that time, and also with Mr Giggs'
evidence of what Mr Evra said to him shortly afterwards. In light of this, we reject Mr
Kuyt's evidence that Mr Evra said that the referee was only booking him because he was
black, however certain Mr Kuyt was that he heard it. Moreover, it would make no sense in
the circumstances for Mr Evra to accuse the referee of only booking him because he was
black. Not only had Mr Evra pushed Mr Kuyt away, which he is likely to have realised
had led to his booking, but his concern at that stage was that he had been called black
(bearing in mind that, at the very least, Mr Suarez admits having called Mr Evra "negro"
by this stage of the game).

OK, so Giggs word is taken over Kuyts word to a certain extent. But Evra definitely told Giggs, "he called me black" and one would think, clearly, he was referring to the ref considering Suarez name wasn't even mentioned by Giggs, and it was ensuing a problem with Kuyt, not Luis.

Bottom line to the FA's past statement?

The argument that Evra made up the allegations because Suarez refused to apologise for a foul was rejected as implausible and inconsistent with the commission's assessment of Evra.

Their assessment of Evra was the reason they believed him. OK, so their assessment of Suarez wasn't as high as Evra, so they picked his word of Suarez'?

You know what the sad part about this is? If Suarez wouldn't have admitted he used the term 'negro' in a compassionate meaning, he could of denied everything and walked free. Shame on you Luis, for telling the truth.

suckerpuncher
01-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Also, you probably shouldn't bother posting the stuff about Gerrard :lol: He's far and away our best player, he's stepped on the pitch for 50 minutes in the past 2 games and he's already shown that. If fit, he's one of the best midfielders in the world, and last season against United he proved that he'll be able to play a deeper role if/when that's needed.

He's pure class and when fit, you couldn't name a midfielder I would replace him with.
I'm not saying that he isn't a very good player I'm just saying he's part of the problem LFC has right now.

When he plays well the team plays well but when he doesn't play well or when he's hurt the team very rarely playes well. The club is way too much depending on one player. And he's now 31 so he won't play forever. How much longer will he play at high level? 2-3 years maybe? And there will certainly more injuries limiting his playing time.

And who's there to take over his role as a team leader when he's out or even worse once he retires? Who will be the guys fans can identify with and who actullay means it when he says that he will stay no matter what? It's one thing to just say it but a whole different thing to actually do it once it gets really tough or someone dangles a new big contract out there.

Do you think that guy is already on the roster?
Adam and Downing are already in their mid-twentys and they'd need to step up right now while entering their prime.
Suarez has other stuff to worry about and in general he isn't really that type of player.
Who knows if Carroll will even stay and so far he hasn't shown anything why LFC paid big money for him.
Henderson is still very young he'd need to grow into that role over time so he's no instant solution.
Spearing comes from their own youth academy which would maybe give him the best background but is he talented enough?

It's the right grow younger players and give them time to develop but it really takes some time. It would be even better not to just buy young players but grow them yourself in your youth academy, though.

And seeing how many players LFC bought over the last couple of years and just sold them again during the next transfer window makes you shake your head and makes you wonder about the quality of their scouting department or their commitment to players. Aquilani. Cole. Meireles. Carroll?

dw13
01-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Have you watched any Liverpool matches this season without Gerrard? We've actually played some really good football, dominating matches but failing to score. Either missing our chances, goalies making unreal saves or hitting the woodwork. Including 2 wins over Chelsea, and a display against City which was more than worthy of the win.

Of course he's influential, he's arguably the most influential player of his time. And he's our captain, but these days we do not rely on him as much as we did. I laughed when people called Liverpool a 2-man team with Torres and Gerrard.

And who will replace Steven Gerrard? It'll never be a straight replacement but Jonjo Shelvey and Jordan Henderson both have shown flashes of very good potential. Jay Spearing, a scouser through and through has the Gerrard heart, and underrated skill. Good passer of the ball, works his heart out and never goes missing or hides from the ball.

Also, you cannot talk about the past 'couple' of years by the Liverpool scouting department because if we want to do that you need to bring up the H&G and Rafa times. Rafa during his tenure pursued such players as Stevan Jovetic, Dani Alves, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kun Aguero, all before they moved to bigger clubs but was denied the money to buy them.

As for the new rein, FSG, Kenny and Damien Comolli... they've certainly had some questionable buys. Torres put Liverpool into a corner and they panic bought Andy Carroll, which to this point has looked like a very poor piece of business.

Meireles was brought in by Purslow and they lied to him and said he would get a pay raise the next season - he didn't, and wanted a move away.

Cole was in on a Bosman by Purslow/Hodgson - was never good enough and on massive wages because Purslow was shit.

Aquilani was brought in by Rafa because after we sold Xabi Alonso (30m) the board wouldn't let him have that money - so he had to buy a CM from a club who already 'owed' us money. Roma did. Aquilani was a tidy player, we changed managers, he never settled in and then this summer he asked if he could go back to Italy for good.

Kenny and Comolli's buys have been: Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Adam, Downing, Hendo, Enrique. (First team buys).

Suarez = wonderful business. Must I say more?
Adam = bought as a squad player, has started every match and has had a nice run of games.
Enrique = Best LB in the league. Absolute steal of business.
Downing = really disappointing. Thought we overspent for him and he looks lazy. Sad to say we picked him over Mata.
Bellamy = Outstanding player. Age doesn't matter. Pace, goals, heart.
Carroll = obviously struggling to settle in. Doesn't fit the way we play football and doesn't look arsed to be here if I'm being honest.
Hendo = Massive potential for me. Already his movement, tidyness and footballing brain shows once he matures and gains confidence in the team he'll be a damn fine player.

So yeah, some hits and misses but it's only been 2 transfer windows for the new reign and it was tough last January because of the Torres saga.

Anyways, there's no chance Steven Gerrard is bad for the team. If like you said he has 2-3 years at the top of his game, then what's so bad? That means we've still got 2-3 years of him, and to bring along his replacement. As for the team leader? We've got many of them already, Pepe Reina, Lucas Leiva, Danny Agger.

dw13
01-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Fulham beat Arsenal. Chelsea barely won today vs Wolves.

A win tomorrow vs City (Good luck Mike!) and we're level for 4th.

dw13
01-02-2012, 10:36 PM
The following is written by award-winning Professor in Hispanic Studies at Brown University, Aldo Mazzucchelli.

I will first quote the FA document on the key point:

“90. Mr Evra’s evidence was that, in response to his question “Why did you kick me?”, Mr Suarez replied “Porque tu eres negro”. Mr Evra said that at the time Mr Suarez made that comment, he (Mr Evra) understood it to mean “Because you are a ******”. He now says that he believes the words used by Mr Suarez mean “Because you are black”.”

I read the whole FA report. I am a Uruguayan born in Montevideo, currently a university Literature and Language professor in the US. It is clear to me that the Spanish language reported by Evra is inconsistent with Luis Suárez’s way of speaking Spanish. I am surprised nobody (and especially, the Liverpool lawyers) raised this point. The key is that Evra makes Suárez to appear using forms of Spanish Suárez just wouldn’t use. Suárez cannot speak as Evra reported him speaking. And that strongly suggests that Evra made the whole thing up.

This is, I believe, key for the case and, if acknowledged, it would destroy Evra’s credibility. The fact that the FA has not noted that Suárez would never say “porque tu eres negro” (that is just not a way of speaking in the Rio de la Plata area), much less “porque tu es negro” or “tues negro” (as Comolli apparently stated), which are grammatically incorrect or just do not exist in Spanish. You don’t use the verb “ser” (to be) in the Rio de la Plata area that way. Luis Suarez would have said “porque SOS negro”. There is no possible variation or alternative to this whatsoever in our use of Spanish. And we of course don’t say “por que tu es negro” (as supposedly Comolli reported) because this is no Spanish syntax. In that sentence “es” is being wrongly conjugated in the third person of singular while it should have been conjugated in the second, “sos” (and never, I repeat, “eres”). Hence, I don’t know what Comolli heard from Suarez after the match, but I am positive he got it wrong–unless we believe that Suarez cannot even speak Spanish…

What follows to these is that Evra’s report on what Suarez said is unreliable, just because Evra depicts Suárez speaking in a form of Spanish Suárez just does not use.- Suárez cannot have said “porque tu eres negro”. He would have said–if at all he said anything– “porque sos negro”. And the problem is that this is not what Evra declared. Once again: Evra reports Suárez to have told him “porque tu eres negro” which just sound implausible. People from Montevideo or Buenos Aires just do NOT USE that verb “ser” (to be) that way. In such a case we would say “porque sos negro”. How come Evra reports Suárez speaking as he does not speak, and the FA accepts his word? Looks like Evra is making this up.

That said, let’s pay some attention to the incredibly sloppy way the FA has managed the Spanish language in their report.

“138. Mr Comolli said in his witness statement that Mr Suarez told him nothing happened. He said that there was one incident where he said sorry to Mr Evra and Mr Evra told him “Don’t touch me, South American” to which Mr Comolli thought Mr Suarez said he had replied “Por que, tu eres negro?”. (…) Mr Comolli confirmed under cross-examination that he believed that what he was told by Mr Suarez in this meeting was that the words he had used to Mr Evra translated as “Why, because you are black”.”

“Por que, tu eres negro?”…. ??!! This makes no sense. It is no Spanish. “Por qué” means “why” (and not “because” in this case). It is incorrectly spelled by the FA in their official report (they don’t seem to give a damn about Spanish, since they treat Spanish in such a careless way all along the report). It cannot be translated in a way that makes sense. Literally, if I had to translate it, it would be something like this: “why, you are black?” I have no idea what that could mean.

And Mr Comolli’s version is VERY different from Suarez’s own statement. Let’s see what Suarez himself reported:

“141. Mr Suarez’s version of this conversation was as follows. He said that Mr Comolli explained to him that Sir Alex Ferguson and Mr Evra had complained to the referee that Mr Suarez had racially insulted Mr Evra five times during the game. Mr Comolli asked Mr Suarez to tell him what happened. Mr Suarez told him that Mr Evra had said to him “Don’t touch me, South American”. Mr Suarez had said “Por que negro?”. Mr Suarez told Mr Comolli that this was the only thing he had said.”

What Suarez stated makes perfect sense in the Spanish we speak in the Rio de la Plata area –even though, again, it is ill transcripted by the FA. They should have written: “¿Por qué, negro?”. Then, I have no idea why, the FA believes in the incorrect Spanish of a non native speaker (Comolli), instead of crediting Suarez about his own words.

The linguistic abilities of the FA are completely under question here, and they seem to have been key in their grounding of the case. Let’s see how lousy their understanding and use of Spanish language is, by looking in detail at just another part of the reasons alleged by the FA:

“284 (…) Mr Comolli said to the referee that Mr Evra first said “you are South American” to Mr Suarez who responded with “Tues Negro” which translates as “you are black”.”

It is ridiculous that the FA, after careful consideration of everything, would even consider relevant whatever Mr Comolli might have understood from Suárez, when it is clear Mr Comolli can barely understands what he himself is trying to say in Spanish. I say this because “tues” is no Spanish word. And “tues negro” cannot be translated at all—let alone into what the FA says it means. It’s simply not a Spanish expression, so it cannot be “translated”. Comolli recollection from his chat with Suárez just after the match is unreliable. A pity since it arrived to the FA jury through a Liverpool official, but the language is so ridiculously wrong it makes me laugh.

In sum: Suárez could not have even said “tu eres” negro, which would be gramatically correct in Madrid, because in the Rio de la Plata area we would never say “tu eres negro”, but “vos SOS negro”. And that is a fact, not a matter of the opinion of anyone, not even the language experts consulted by the FA, of course. I am a native speaker of Montevideo, a PhD in Spanish by Stanford, and currently a professor of Spanish at Brown University, and if I was called to court on this, I would categorically deny that Suarez, who lived his adult life in Montevideo—despite being born in Salto—could have said other than “vos sos negro”. There is no way in the world he could have said to Evra, spontaneously and as a reaction to Evra’s words and attitudes, “porque tu eres negro”—and much less “tues negro”, that doesn’t exist. Simply “tues” is no Spanish.

Despite of that, the FA makes it stand and transcribes it in their report, and substantiate their conviction on these words.

Reading Evra’s statement, I understand it could happen that Evra misunderstood Suárez at some point. When Suárez said “¿por qué, negro?”, Evra might have assumed that as a racial insult, while Suárez—even in the heat of a discussion—could perfectly have said that as a way of normally expressing himself (not exactly to calm Evra down, but just because he normally would talk like that without thinking about it). This point is where the cultural clash seems more important, and it is working against Suárez because nobody in the jury (let alone the Daily Mail kind of media) seems to even start understanding the common way we use the term “negro” in the Rio de la Plata area. They heard their experts, and their experts explained the different options of our use of the word depending on different contexts and intentions. Then, the jury just decided that the whole thing was an equally aggressive clash by both sides, and because of that, they concluded Suárez could have not use the “negro” word to Evra in a descriptive way. Why? Their interpretation is not clear to me and doesn’t seem to be the only one possible. “¿Por qué, negro?” (after Evra said “Don’t touch me you South American”) is not offensive, but a question, and a very common one indeed, where “negro” is a DESCRIPTIVE noun, not an adjective loaded with a negative connotation. I completely understand why a British or an American might start not understanding the tone or the intention from Suárez. But I myself can clearly understand the account Suárez does and it seems consistent to me. I hear it more as a common (unmarked and uncharged) addressing to Evra.

Finally, the whole verdict seems to be grounded on 3 elements:

1) The FA tends to believe Evra is more reliable than Suarez (a purely subjective element)
2) The FA does not seem to have understood the Spanish language allegedly used –even though they grounded the verdict on their own interpretation of that very Spanish language.
3) They believe the word “negro” cannot be used just in a descriptive way in the context of a discussion–which means they don’t really understand how we do use it in the Rio de la Plata area. This made them feel Suarez was unreliable and probably aggravated them.

A pity. The most important thing here has to do with proportion. Suárez’s name has been destroyed and now the FA has shown there is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever of Suarez saying any of the things Evra attributes to him, exception made of Evra’s own statement.

Evra convinced the FA. And I wonder how much of racial prejudice (against the “wild animals” South Americans are supposed to be after Alf Ramsey’s famous remark) there is at play on the FA and media heads.

I'm done. You guys know my opinion now.

moans
01-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Best of luck today. If we play anything like we have the past two games we're screwed.

dw13
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Best of luck today. If we play anything like we have the past two games we're screwed.

9 wins in 9 at home. 7 goals for every 1 they've conceded.

I want to win, but will do with a point.

Early word is Steven Gerrard will be on the bench. Probably saving him for the League Cup tie vs your bunch.

dw13
01-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Well, Liverpool will not appeal the ban. He'll return against the Mancs at the Old Toilet. (Edit: Provided we beat Oldham in the FA, he'll return for the Spurs game on the 8th).

No Suarez for 8 games.

GL tonight, Mike.

Edit x2: Go ahead and say this means Suarez admits he's guilty fellas. It doesn't. It's time to move on.

dw13
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
2-0 HT. Story of Liverpool's season thus far, failing to take their chances. Downing had the best of the lot, Kuyt and Hendo both with top chances as well.

City clinical, and scoring their second against the run of play.

Will take some sort of magic in the second 45. Gerrard?

suckerpuncher
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Strange. Everytime I watch a live Liverpool game they aren't playing that well.
Either I'm a bad luck charm (I wouldn't put that past me) or they just aren't that good.

On a sidenote - Rene Adler is available. Still injured but he should be healthy for the next season and even on a bad knee... ;)
Just putting his name out there. :D

dw13
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Knew you were going to come chip in with something like that :p. You must not watch many games. We just lack a clinical finisher really.

Hope we look at Roberto Soldado in January possibly.

Reina has been less consistent over the past 18 months, been disappointing.

suckerpuncher
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Not sure if it's just a finisher. For me it just looks like they just don't create any real danger. With the exception of the big chance early on there have been only a couple of long range efforts which didn't create much of a problem.

Right now City just sits back and gives up the midfield, letting Liverpool the ball and hope for another quick counter.

But still in the 2nd half so far Liverpool hasn't created any danger which would force City to change their style of play. It's really harmless. Carroll being the lone striker in the box surrounded by 3-4 defenders is just no way to create anything.

And it didn't got much better since Gerrard came in. Suarez missing and every other striker being out of form doesn't help.

dw13
01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
We clearly lack goals and conviction. Henderson is a nice player but lacks the real cutting edge, Downing is lazy as can be and Adam is a chicken with his head cut off.

That being said, being 2-0 down is harsh for me. City have barely had a kick of the ball but they've taken their two chances.

A clinical striker will help a ton, as well as another winger that has some end product.

We're a work in progress, SP but we're not far away from every club minus City (and their money).

Just take a look at where we were this time a year ago.

dw13
01-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Barry sent off.

Seconds later we concede a penalty.

It's like watching the same games, season after season.

Going to go have a drink, or a dozen for the rest of the night.

Cheers Mike, please don't choke away the league to United.

suckerpuncher
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Honestly, I feel like the mistake by Reina hit the whole team and took a lot of confidence. And once it looked like they regrouped the 2nd goal happened.

And when you lead by 2 goals and also had just 2 days since your last game why on earth should City do anything?

And when you're down by 2 I can't really understand why Kuyt had to leave instead of Henderson or Downing. He hasn't scored since May but still with just one striker it's next to impossible to create more pressure.

dw13
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Because Kuyt has been utter shit.

The goal hurt the team, but we were then on the front foot after that before the second goal.

We lack conviction, a cutting edge and goals. That's the problem, nothing new.

Also, we miss the best defensive midfielder in the league. Lucas Leiva.

O'well, it was harsh to ever think of 3 points here. It's been a fortress for City. Our big problem is getting 3 points out of the smaller sides, where we seem to struggle.

Going to pop off here though, head to the pub for a few hours!

I'll say it again, Mike (MoanZ), don't let Citeh choke the league to United please. Thanks.

dw13
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes, United is the team #2 in the table.

The same team completely destroyed by Newcastle.

They are extremely ordinary, and that is why I refuse to believe Liverpool are that far off.

Massive result for City. Mike.

mrtybrodur30
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Was a very sick goal by Ba, Newcastle are really going to miss him. The free kick from Cabaye was great also.

As for Liverpool Downing has been awful and I read there was a recent game when Adam had only 1 forward pass all game. Not 100% sure of that but if true that is awful also.

dw13
01-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Was a very sick goal by Ba, Newcastle are really going to miss him. The free kick from Cabaye was great also.

As for Liverpool Downing has been awful and I read there was a recent game when Adam had only 1 forward pass all game. Not 100% sure of that but if true that is awful also.

Downing has been terrible, that's being nice too. He's lazy and it just absolutely pisses me off. As if he couldn't be arsed to be at Liverpool.

As for the Adam stat, I doubt it. Maybe 1 forward pass COMPLETE? I still doubt it. He's a hollywood passer, attempts the audacious way too much and very rarely does it come off.

He was bought as a squad player though, so he'll improve once he becomes one. Not starting every game.

suckerpuncher
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Still a bit puzzled that Reus chose Dortmund over Bayern today. I know he once started his career in Dortmund but still.

He probably wouldn't have gotten that much playing at Bayern with Robben still there but he would have played for a perennial champ and UCL team.

And I'm also surprised Dortmund is able to pay those €17 mio. Looks a bit like they do the same mistakes they did in the 90's after they won a couple of titles they started to burn money and almost got bancrupt.

As soon as the Reus deal was done rumors picked up that Bayern didn't outbid Dortmund on purpose and that Reus was signed as replacement for Götze who will most likely leave Dortmund by July, 2013 the latest since then starts the last year of his contract. Maybe even earlier with Bayern making a big push for him.

Biggest tell is that Hoeness said in his latest interview that Götze would have no spot on the Bayern squad right now downplaying all those rumors which is of course the total opposite.

dw13
01-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Can't stand BVB or Bayern.

Sad that Reus is leaving Gladbach.

dw13
01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/image-5.jpg

I guess Maxi is going to banned soon, once they see this picture.

dw13
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
If Liverpool sign Bent for anything more than 12-15m, I'll rip my hair out and post it on here.

ih8music
01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Pretty cool

Goalkeeper Tim Howard scoring from a 100 yards - Goal to Goal - YouTube

looks like the wind caused the ball to develop a ton of topspin & it accelerated on the bounce. nice class by the keeper, too... fluky thing that could have happened to him, too.

...and I love how the crowd breaks into a "USA, USA, USA!" chant for him. :lol:

dw13
01-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Can't stand Everton but have to respect Tim Howard. I love how he didn't celebrate, he knew how embarrassing it was for Bogdan in the other goal. Made sure he said something to him after as well. Classy.

dw13
01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
"I'm from Uruguay and whats happening with Suarez is so unfair. My mom calls my dad negro.. hes not even black. To us its like saying mate. Suarez will come back stronger."

Quote from a younger kid from Uruguay.

Do I need to continue with this?

suckerpuncher
01-06-2012, 04:03 AM
And I quote...

I'm done. You guys know my opinion now.

How am I not surprised that it's not over. :rolleyes:;)

dw13
01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Just to keep you pleased, Sucker. ;)

I mean, if we're not talking about this, we're going to hear how Steven Gerrard is bad for Liverpool, right? :lol:

suckerpuncher
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Just to keep you pleased, Sucker. ;)

I mean, if we're not talking about this, we're going to hear how Steven Gerrard is bad for Liverpool, right? :lol:

Never said that he's bad for Liverpool. Just said that their game depends way too much on him alone and when has a bad day or is out of the lineup it's almost impossible to compensate for that. And that concerning and a problem.

That's something completely different. :p

dw13
01-06-2012, 04:08 PM
You know I'm messing with you. I know what you're saying.

I just don't see it as a problem. :beer:

(He's playing tonight and we've been shit)

suckerpuncher
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
(He's playing tonight and we've been shit)
I said you're better with him. Never said you would be anywhere close to good with him. :lol::lol::lol:

dw13
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I said you're better with him. Never said you would be anywhere close to good with him. :lol::lol::lol:

Wish I could say something but the last time we played Bayern was, what? 2001 Super Cup?

You lost there though, of course :lol:

dw13
01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AigOcS_CQAMV3wF.jpg

Slur Alex playing mindgames with Rooney or actually considering it?

Either way, as I've said before, not convince they'll finish top 4 yet.

Edit: United/Rooney already denying this report

suckerpuncher
01-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Fergie is probably disgusted (like the rest of humanity) about the fugly hair transplant Rooney sports around nowadays. :D

suckerpuncher
01-07-2012, 08:09 AM
On that note Hoeness just promised to buy a top-notch striker for next season "someone could play for Barca and ManU". And also another CB with van Buyten being 34yo and having knee problems as well as the whole Breno situation there's a hole.

Makes me wonder who that guy will be.
Hopefully not Rooney or Torres or Tevez.

And I doubt they'll buy one from the other big clubs. Otherwise van Persie (with Robben close to resign a new deal for the first time in his career) would be choice. He#s versatile and could also play Robben's position (once he's injured again) or Müller's position (if he takes injured Robben's spot). Not very likely though.

But then again RvP's contract runs only until 2013 and Arsenal can't afford to let a player leave for nothing again. So this summer would be there last chance to cash in if he doesn't sign a new deal. And Wenger would probably rather let him go to a club outside the BPL. And both Real and Barca don't really need him so it could come down to Bayern or a Serie A club for a fee of about €25 mio. (due to his short contract). So there's a chance.

But knowing Bayerns previous targets it's most likely someone early- to mid-twentys who's proven but still for whatever reasons flies under the radar and he either speaks German to some degree or there's someone who speaks his language already on the squad or on the staff.

And then again in the end it will just be a squad player / backup like Petersen.

suckerpuncher
01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
The latest incident involving LFC and racial attacks is a disgrace.

As if it wasn't bad enough they downplayed everything around Suarez and making pro Suarez shirts instead of anit-racisms shirts now fans wearing those exact shirts racially abused Oldham's Adeyemi last night.
Some may even spin it into a club sanction attack but let's go not that far.

But anyway it's probably time now for LFC to face the fact they at least enabled it and start to crack it down and crack it down hard.

dw13
01-07-2012, 01:03 PM
The latest incident involving LFC and racial attacks is a disgrace.

As if it wasn't bad enough they downplayed everything around Suarez and making pro Suarez shirts instead of anit-racisms shirts now fans wearing those exact shirts racially abused Oldham's Adeyemi last night.
Some may even spin it into a club sanction attack but let's go not that far.

But anyway it's probably time now for LFC to face the fact they at least enabled it and start to crack it down and crack it down hard.

You already did. To even say that the club enabled this is fucking shocking. The club has supported Luis Suarez because HE ISN'T A RACIST. For you to suggest that the club has enabled this is sickening, seriously fucking sickening.

Liverpool Football Club, players, fans and staff does NOT condone RACISM. If it's true that young Ademeyi was abused, I hope they find who it was, jail him and ban him from Anfield for life. There's no place for it in football, and especially at Anfield.

Many people that were in the Kop, and near where the incident happened have said the words yelled at him were 'Manc Bastard' not 'Black Bastard'

Anyway, that being said, if he was racially abused the club and police will both deal with it because Liverpool FC does not stand for things like this. You can spin it anyway you'd like, much like the Mirror coming out with their lies about what happened.

Last time: Liverpool supported Luis Suarez because his comments WEREN'T RACIST, and he isn't a RACIST. We don't support racism.

I'm going to severely limit my football related posts here from now on.

dw13
01-07-2012, 04:16 PM
20 year old man arrested on suspension of racial abuse at Anfield.

If proved true, I'm fucking glad. Jail him, ban him, shame him.

dw13
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Downing arrested after (allegedly) hitting his ex-girlfriend? Jesus, that's exactly what we need. Suspend the moron.

Also, we just drew United at home in the 4th round of the FA Cup. GET IN.

Sorry about your loss today Mike, how that was a red for Kompany is beyond me and if they don't rescind it, he's gone for both legs of our Semi in the League Cup.

moans
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't know who I dislike more, Liverpool or United :lol:

What a jokeee of a red card. Kompany gets all ball and is sent off for a non existant two foot tackle. Great display from the boys in the second half. We were in it the whole way. Foy certainly didn't do us any favours today.

dw13
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't know who I dislike more, Liverpool or United :lol:

What a jokeee of a red card. Kompany gets all ball and is sent off for a non existant two foot tackle. Great display from the boys in the second half. We were in it the whole way. Foy certainly didn't do us any favours today.

As I've said before, will never understand your hate for Liverpool. I guess it's jealousy of a big club. :lol: I couldn't careless about City, they're still a small club, just have some oil money.

Yeah, it was a joke without question. Not sure why he came in with the second foot but still had no reason to be sent off. Shambolic defending though on Rooney's goal and it's exactly why I hope we play Carroll in the first leg of the Semi. He destroyed you a year ago, and now with Kompany out? Lescott has to start already, and who else? Savic? Richards in the middle? Won't be able to contain the big man.

I fancy our chances.

But I'm even more stoked about United at home in the FA Cup. Hahahaha. Couldn't be more perfect.

Edit: Messing with you Mike. You're my favorite Manchester Club :D

dw13
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Wonder if City are really interested in Hazard. Quite like him as a player but I don't get where people get these 40m numbers from.

moans
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Sounds like Silva could potentially miss tomorrow's first leg of the Carling Cup with a potential ankle injury. We're going to need Nasri to step up with Silva and Toure out.

dw13
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
And Kompany's appeal was rejected.

I guess it couldn't be a better time to play City! Good luck tomorrow Mike, enjoy it!

dw13
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Love how all the commentators kept saying was how Toure and Silva were missing. FFS, do they not realize we were without Suarez and Lucas?

Should of had 3 goals inside 10 minutes, Hart was sensational. City were poor.

Then we parked the bus. 6 defenders! Interesting. Makes no sense but it worked!

Hung on for the goal, cracking result as we head back to Anfield. City left with it all to do, they were completely unconvincing on the night.

Get innnnnn

dw13
01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Samir Nasri gets ripped on by Liverpool fans after City game - YouTube

Liverpool fans taking the piss out of Nasri after the match :lol::lol:

dw13
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Year after year. We cannot break down weak teams who park the bus against us.

Same fucking thing EVERY year.

Gets old.

Oh and Stewart Downing is just rotten. Horrible player.

mrtybrodur30
01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Was very happy with Wolves getting a point vs Tottenham. Just worried somebody is going to try and buy Fletcher. Wolves would be in last without him.

Another tough game at Anfield 7 draws now, sucks to not keep the momentum going after beating man city.

dw13
01-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Was very happy with Wolves getting a point vs Tottenham. Just worried somebody is going to try and buy Fletcher. Wolves would be in last without him.

Another tough game at Anfield 7 draws now, sucks to not keep the momentum going after beating man city.

I love Fletcher. Been raving about him for years now. Back in his Hibs days. Want him at Liverpool.

dw13
01-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Taking in Gladbach v Bayern at the moment as Gladbach are me German team.

Reus scores after a mistake from Neuer.

Cmon Gladbach.

dw13
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Make it 2.

Gladbach are taking Bayern apart here.

suckerpuncher
01-20-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm starting to get pissed. Bayern is way too slow today and not really pressing at all. And also lack some creativity. Poor effort so far.

Only bright spot is the fact the last time they lost against Gladbach they went on to win 8 straight.

suckerpuncher
01-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Starting to get a bit pissed of Reus.
First he decides against a transfer to Bayern and then he and Gladbach defeat Bayern. And while doing that he broke van Buyten's foot in the process and now DvB will miss some significant time.

dw13
01-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Reus is the shit.

Liverpool were thrashed today by Bolton.

And yes Sucker, Stevie was in the team.

moans
01-22-2012, 10:28 AM
What a game that was! Super MArio with the penalty in the 4th added minute for a 3-2 victory. Turned on the game in the 53rd minute. They proceded to score 4 goals in 10 minutes. Big 3 points today. especially when it seemed lennon would surely put tottenham up in the first minute of injury time.

Winger72
01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
I just can't watch this anymore, it's a mess. I can't see how Arsenal makes the Champions League next year. Why did he pull RVP? And for Arshavin?

moans
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
I just can't watch this anymore, it's a mess. I can't see how Arsenal makes the Champions League next year. Why did he pull RVP? And for Arshavin?

He didn't pull rvp for arshavin, he pulled chamberlain for him. Chamberlain was excellent today. I wasn't a huge fan of the sub and it came back to haunt Arsenal.

suckerpuncher
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Not sure which game you were watching but in the one I watched Arshavin came in for Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Robin van "Tebow" played the full 90+ minutes.

Winger72
01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Not sure which game you were watching but in the one I watched Arshavin came in for Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Robin van "Tebow" played the full 90+ minutes.

I didn't catch who Arshavin came in for during the game. I heard his name as a sub, then next thing I knew it was a goal by ManU. Then after the game, Piers was ranting about Wenger and I thought he said he came in for RVP. That's why I couldn't understand the move. Still a stupid move, but at least it makes a little sense.

dw13
01-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Savic looks absolute shit.

United and Arsenal look like absolute shit.

Liverpool are worse than the above 3.

Pathetic.

That's all from me folks!

dw13
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM
RvP has apparently put in a transfer request and it was denied.

Madrid are snooping around and preparing a bid.

moans
01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Savic looks absolute shit.

United and Arsenal look like absolute shit.

Liverpool are worse than the above 3.

Pathetic.

That's all from me folks!

No, no, Savic IS absolute shit. We need Kompany back so this fuck never plays again!
I wonder how long Balotelli will be suspended for? That stomp on Parker's head was disgraceful. My guess is something around the Suarez ban.

RvP submitted a transfer request eh? Arsenal would be in the bottom half of the table without him!

suckerpuncher
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
RvP will be gone by the summer transfer window. Pretty much the last chance to cash in on him before is contract is up in 2013. Arsenal can't afford to let him go for nothing.

dw13
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Savis is young though Mike. He has talent but looks absolute shit right now.

RvP should push his request hard and push to be moved right now. I'd love that. (Sorry Winger)

Balotelli charged with violent conduct. 4 match ban awaits.

dw13
01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey this one is for you SP:

The FA appealed the Rooney ban, right? The one for kicking out at a player?

The same FA is issuing a 4 match ban for Balotelli, for doing what? Nearly the same thing?

Yeah, the FA, they do their job really respectfully.

suckerpuncher
01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
How nice of you taking things out of context again.

The FA banned Balotelli for something that happened within their juristiction and they issued a ban which would have been the same for everyone else within their juristiction.

The FA appealed a ban for Rooney issued by the UEFA. An appeal that would in no way benefit ManU but only England's national squad. Something which is in the best interest of the FA and their chances at the next EURO.

But if you want to compare apples and oranges just to justify your "conspiracy" be my guest.

dw13
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
No conspiracy just another laughable matter from the FA.

I'm not concerned with ManU. It's the FA. They're continual jokes, nothing new. This dates longer than anything in the past 5 years. Much longer.

dw13
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Also, Mike, good luck Wednesday!

Anfield should be cracking! Hopefully the players are up for it

suckerpuncher
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
You of all people should know that the FA likes to play the "rebels" and trying to fight every decision the UEFA and even more so the FIFA makes.
Internationally the FA is often times isolated because of their stupid behaviour.

But the biggest crook of them all is still Sepp Blatter and his network around him.

dw13
01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
You of all people should know that the FA likes to play the "rebels" and trying to fight every decision the UEFA and even more so the FIFA makes.
Internationally the FA is often times isolated because of their stupid behaviour.

But the biggest crook of them all is still Sepp Blatter and his network around him.

There's no question about that.

The FA is despicable though. Seriously.

Winger72
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
RvP should push his request hard and push to be moved right now. I'd love that. (Sorry Winger)

At this point I wouldn't blame him one bit. It seems like the team has given him nothing to work with.

What I want to know is with selling all these players like Nasri and Fabregas, where is the money going?

dw13
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM
At this point I wouldn't blame him one bit. It seems like the team has given him nothing to work with.

What I want to know is with selling all these players like Nasri and Fabregas, where is the money going?

Honestly, it's been years since Wenger has actually bought players, and everyone kept talking about his youth policy.

I think the money just hasn't been there and I'm not sure why. They are in fine financial shape, and will be in even better when the Emirates is completely paid off (very soon).

Your question is valid.

And I wouldn't sell RvP for anything less than 50m. I'd hold Madrid ransom.

dw13
01-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Sounds like RvP has cleared the air. He didn't hand in a request.

dw13
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
The 35m men both on the bench today, Carroll and Kun.

City: Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Zabaleta, De Jong, Barry, Silva, Kolarov, Nasri, Dzeko

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Adam, Henderson, Gerrard, Kuyt, Downing, Bellamy

Cmon!!!!

moans
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
2-1 city!, best of luck.

moans
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
What a fuckin bruuutal call on the penalty. The ball clearly deflected off his leg and into his hand. Almost as bad as the Kompany red card.

dw13
01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Liverpool have been the better side through a game and a half and deserve their aggregate lead.

Just hope we can see it out. 45 minutes left.

Unlucky for Richards but it was indeed a penalty for me. The ball was headed to the back of the net.

moans
01-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Liverpool have been the better side through a game and a half and deserve their aggregate lead.

Just hope we can see it out. 45 minutes left.

Unlucky for Richards but it was indeed a penalty for me. The ball was headed to the back of the net.

How was that a penalty? It deflected off his leg into his arm? I've seen that as a non call every other time. If it went straight off the arm, sure but it was deflected. Aguero for Dzeko at half and we'll get that 2-1 win.

dw13
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
How was that a penalty? It deflected off his leg into his arm? I've seen that as a non call every other time. If it went straight off the arm, sure but it was deflected. Aguero for Dzeko at half and we'll get that 2-1 win.

His arms were outstretched for no reason, he wasn't in any control. The ball was headed to the net. Maybe there wasn't any intent, but if his arms are at his side it's a goal from Agger. Unlucky maybe but for me a penalty.

I'd be bringing on Aguero for Kolarov, not Dzeko. You need a goal.

PS: Are City playing with 3 at the back and Zaba/Kolarov as wing backs? Or is it 4 at the back? It doesn't look a fluid system as Downing has had acres of space every time he picks up the ball.

dw13
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM
The most successful team in League Cup history is BACK at Wembley!!! Fully deserved, completely took City apart over the course of 2 legs. Joe Hart is the ONLY reason it wasn't 5 or 6 goals to the good for Liverpool.

Who wrote the script though? Bellamy fires his old club who abandon him out of the Cup and he faces his boyhood club in the final. Couldn't of written that any better.

GET IN!

dw13
01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Kenny: "If Man City have any other players like Craig they don't want then they know where we are."

dw13
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Kenny Dalglish 'exactly' about Micah Richards handball - YouTube

:p

dw13
01-28-2012, 03:39 PM
And this week shows why we are still the BIGGEST CLUB in English football.

mrtybrodur30
01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
But hopefully you continue playing to your competition's level this Tuesday! :p

dw13
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
But hopefully you continue playing to your competition's level this Tuesday! :p

Wouldn't be surprised :lol:

suckerpuncher
01-29-2012, 09:17 AM
And another LFC fan arrested after making racial insults towards Evra yesterday. Classy LFC fans. :rolleyes:

dw13
01-29-2012, 11:07 AM
And another LFC fan arrested after making racial insults towards Evra yesterday. Classy LFC fans. :rolleyes:

It was one moron acting like an idiot. Inexcusable and glad he was arrested. Liverpool Fans were absolutely incredible on the day. Didn't sing any songs about the Mancs, nothing. Sung loud and proud.

But yeah, let's not even talk about United singing "The Star was right: Murderers" because one moron making a racist gesture is sooooo much worse than 3,000 fans signing about the death of 96 innocent people.

Right on SP. You're pure class. :rolleyes:

suckerpuncher
01-29-2012, 11:50 AM
I said fans (plural) because it wasn't the first time over the last couple of weeks /month something like this happened. It's always "just" one man or a couple of morons.

Winger72
01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
And another trophy-less season for Arsenal. Down 2-0 to Aston Villa at the half in the FA.

suckerpuncher
01-29-2012, 12:50 PM
And another trophy-less season for Arsenal. Down 2-0 to Aston Villa at the half in the FA.
Not so fast, my friend. :D
Just took them 7 minutes to turn an 0-2 deficit into a 3-2 lead.

dw13
01-29-2012, 06:26 PM
I said fans (plural) because it wasn't the first time over the last couple of weeks /month something like this happened. It's always "just" one man or a couple of morons.

Lmao you're unreal.

Used to really respect things you said on the Soccer board. Now I'm starting to lose time for you, always on a wind-up of some sort.

As I said, I couldn't be more proud to be a Liverpool supporter after yesterday. Fans handled themselves with complete and total class.

dw13
02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
That must of felt nice today for ya Winger, huh?

Spurs on Monday! Should be a cracker..

Winger72
02-04-2012, 07:55 PM
That must of felt nice today for ya Winger, huh?

Spurs on Monday! Should be a cracker..

Of course it happens when I'm stuck at work. RVP is having a hell of a season, and Ox is starting to come along nicely.

dw13
02-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Of course it happens when I'm stuck at work. RVP is having a hell of a season, and Ox is starting to come along nicely.

Ox looks some player. Walcott with a better end product, really. (I do like Theo though)

suckerpuncher
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice idea by Webb to make the game interesting again. Wonder if there'll be a 3rd penalty in injury time.

dw13
02-05-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.epltalk.com/media/2011/01/howard-webb.jpg

How does he CONTINUE to get the biggest Manc games?

But Atkinson (who is widely respected but Slur Alex cannot stand) doesn't get ANY after Slur Alex slated him about 15 months ago. And when he does, he all the sudden 'comes up sick' the night before.

Go on SP, call it a conspiracy.

dw13
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Anfield is under a fog warning at the moment. Speculation that the match could be postponed. Hope not. Got home from work early for this.

Redknapp won't be there either way. Flight from his court hearing was canceled due to the fog.

dw13
02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Well that was disappointing on all fronts.

phaneuf6
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457

What a joke that English national team is.

dw13
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Fabio needed a way out.

suckerpuncher
02-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Still a bit of a shocker. Not that England is a real contender (outside of English fans) but still a surprise for a coach to leave just month away from a big tournament.

On the bright side he probably got his bonus for getting England to EURO and didn't want to suffer trough the EURO.

dw13
02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I agree for the most part SP but he's definitely been wanting to leave for awhile, he was trying to get fired (I think) then said fuck it.

suckerpuncher
02-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Looks like the Shaqiri to Bayern deal is all but done. He already took a physical. Should be a real good backup for both Robben and Ribery for when they go down again. But since Shaqiri can not only play both wing positions but also right (wing) back he might get a shot there first.

And now there are rumors Bayern is also interested in another winger in Hoilett from Blackburn whos contract expires at the end of the season. Interesting side story is that Blackburn blocked a deal with Tottenham and Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and now he can leave for free.

dw13
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Great buy on Shaqiri for a good price. Not sure about the wing-back thing, but he can also play centrally if need be.

As for Hoilett... Blackburn know they needed him to atleast attempt to survive relegation. He's an alright player... got potential and pace.

Rafa for England just for Euros?!

suckerpuncher
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Van Gaal is also free after his Ajax deal fell through and he always wanted to coach one of the big nations again. Not sure if that would apply to England, though. ;)

dw13
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Rafa makes a bit of sense - great tournament manager. pedigree. English media has warmed up to him since he's returned after the Inter spell.

Van Gaal would never :p

suckerpuncher
02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Still unlikely Rafa would do this to himself. It's almost a no-win situation for him and only short-term fix for England at best.

England needs some major rebuilding after they missed out the last couple of years so why not give a fresh manager a chance. Even Italy got something done afer their poor efforts.

dw13
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I can agree with that. Doesn't seem likely for Rafa.

Honestly, I think Mourinho makes the most sense but not just for 1 tournament.

suckerpuncher
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
According to the bookies Redknapp is odds-on favorite with 4/9. Mourinho is 10/1 and Rafa at 16/1.

On the other hand Mourinho is the favorite as next ManU manager. :D

dw13
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, 'Arry is the clear cut choice. He wants the job. He's been dying for it for years. Think Jose is destined for Chelsea next season. Chelsea misses the 4th spot, Roman fires AVB and brings back Jose.

If 'Arry takes the England job and does well at Euros (or even not), I think he might leave his Tottenham post which would be a perfect spot for Rafa, I reckon.

And yeah, ManU fans actually want Jose. I won't go on and on about United, but he is the same type of person as Slur Alex.

Oh, and we're about to beat United on the weekend... AGAIN. :D

dw13
02-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Wow.

That is all.

(Disgraceful performance from LFC)

b_illin
02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I reviews the game and I'm just starting now. Suarez will take the heat for not shaking Ezra's hand pre-game, but his grabbing Suarez's arm and reacting as he did was rather damning imo...childish too.

dw13
02-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Suarez tweet after the game: "We lost and we are sad because we have made a big effort... Disappointed because everything is not that it seems..."

--

https://p.twimg.com/AlYtU41CMAEZya8.jpg

I don't think it's that big of a deal because United and Liverpool players just don't like each other. But regardless, if Suarez feels that Evra well and truly lied, why would he want to shake his hand?

But it looks here (and other photos, videos) that Suarez did actually extend his hand. Evra dropped his, then grabbed him. Looked like he tried to goat him possibly.

Between the way Evra acted after the game, running around infront of Suarez like a little kid. And what Slur Alex said (he should never play for LFC again).

I think it's criminal that Suarez is being made out a villain again.

phaneuf6
02-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Suarez is a piece of trash, I wouldn't shake his hand either.

dw13
02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Suarez is a piece of trash, I wouldn't shake his hand either.

I have to agree, Evra is an extremely classy fella. He's proven it over the years. :beer:

phaneuf6
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM
We're not talking about Evra. We're talking about this piece of garbage:

Luis Suarez bite Otman Bakkal after red card Lindgren ( The New Mike Tyson) - YouTube

dw13
02-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Suarez is certainly a nutter.

I'm not getting into this crap again. I personally didn't find the handshake ordeal to be a big deal. They don't like each other, move on.

Mistakes happen in life. Not sure it makes him a piece of garbage but to each their own!

suckerpuncher
02-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Idk., but when I look at the video of the "handshake" it seems like the picture posted here is taken out of context.
For me after watching the video several times it looks like after Suarez touches the kid and then he extends his hand straight towards De Gea never even looking or motioning into Evra's direction. Though the reaction from Evra and Ferdinand afterwards was also not okay.

I think the the best way to describe what happened yesterday was the one headline I read "ManU wins - football loses".

Btw. this article shows some valid points: http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12382_7513203,00.html
Not saing all is true but still something needs to happen.

Edit:
Now Suarez admits he didn't shook Evra's hand on purpose (which proves the picture was clearly taken out of context) and he issued an apology. But only for not shaking hands and not for anything else.

I just hope that whole thing is over now and everyone can concentrate on other things.

dw13
02-12-2012, 10:43 AM
He didn't need to say sorry but it's just time to move on. Like I said before I thought the whole handshake thing wasn't worth such a headline. I wouldn't of shaken his hand either if I was in Suarez shoes. I think the club demanded it from him, unfortunately.

I still sadly think this is the end of Luis Suarez in England and more importantly at Anfield. Our amazing fans have stood by him and I know he appreciates it but he's going to be forever heckled where ever he goes in the country.

And if I'm being honest, I think the new owners are not very pleased and it might have caused a rift because our coaching staff and our owners. I think Luis and probably Dalglish as well, feel hung out to dry by some of the Clubs decisions in this case.

Either way, I hope football wise we can just concentrate on the pitch. We're headed back to Wembley finally!!

suckerpuncher
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Holy shit, ManU played their cards really well and can now even take the high road on all of this (if that was their endgame) after getting apologies by Ayre, Dalglish and Suarez. Wonder if they also got LFC's crown jewels.
That must really sting in the hearts of all LFC fans.

dw13
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
It wasn't a cause of ManU playing their cards well, it was ANOTHER case of 'wtf' from Liverpool. I'm absolutely SHOCKED that the club (clearly) forced Suarez and Kenny, especially Kenny, to apologize.

I was brought up the Liverpool Way. And I think today is another hit to that. Another clear indication the fans have lost their beloved club. For as long as I can remember, Liverpool cared ONLY about their own. YNWA actually meant something. The Liverpool Way would of been to stand right next to Suarez in battle, just like Kenny has. To completely back our player and manager to the max.

Now the club has forced Kenny to apologize to Sky Sports. Which is an absolute fucking joke, fuck the media. We've always said fuck the media. Suarez is told to apologize to the scum down the road. We've NEVER said sorry to them. And we NEVER should.

Now like you said ManU is laughing their ass off and has Liverpool by the nuts. That disgrace of a man Slur Alex horrible acts have paid off. They 'accept' our apology. No word about their part in this, no nothing. Just 'accept'

All for what? For Fenway Sports Group to make sure their brand isn't tarnished. All because the NY Times ran a story in the states.

Disgusted. Ashamed and most of all, disappointed. If Kenny wasn't the man he was, he would of walked out the door today.

And as for Suarez. He's as good as gone. The media will now try their best to remove him from England and who has his back? Clearly not the club.

dw13
02-13-2012, 05:52 AM
And what did I say? Media now trying to report Liverpool trying to sell Suarez :lol:

Unreal how pathetic the English media is.

mrtybrodur30
02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I know you guys dont care about lowly Wolves lol but they sacked Mick McCarthy earlier and I can't say im surprised. I knew it was likely after watching that West Brom game. It was terrible, the team could not defend at all and the lineup Mick put out there was part of the reason. Just hope they can somehow stay up. The Frimpong injury the week before has not helped either, that was a big blow to the teams chances of staying up.

They had a ok stretch of decent play for a bit but the last 3 games have not been good at all. The Liverpool game they were just flat out bad, they were being outplayed and most likely would have lost against QPR if Cisse didnt get sent off and this last game was pathetic! Worst game of the season by far.

dw13
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Wish they would look at some of the younger English managers to replace him.

Instead Curblishly and Steve Bruce are the favorites.

Shame.

mrtybrodur30
02-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I dont want Steve Bruce and to be honest I dont know much about Curbishley so cant really say anything. But yeah those are the two names that are being talked about the most. Whoever comes in I just hope a miracle happens cause I have lost ALOT of confidence in some of the players and the teams ability to avoid relegation.

dw13
02-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Both could probably save them from relegation, but they'll keep you as a low table team.

Look at what Rodgers and Lambert have done for Norwich and Swansea.

Wish other teams would give young managers a shot.

dw13
02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh and:

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mick-mccarthy.gif

I'll miss him.

suckerpuncher
02-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Something to think about:

Bayern Munich’s commercial income of £161m is huge compared to England: MUFC £103m, LFC £77m, MCFC £58m, CFC £57m, AFC £46m & THFC £37m

Bayern Munich’s commercial income of £161m is higher than total revenue at MCFC (£153m) and about the same as THFC (£163m).

Link: https://twitter.com/#!/SwissRamble (https://twitter.com/#%21/SwissRamble)

And then there's the complete article about Bayern's finances: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/02/bayern-munich-opportunities-lets-make.html

suckerpuncher
02-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Forgot to ask this yesterday but does anybody know what the going rate for 3 own goals in a games is these days. :lol:

dw13
02-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Forgot to ask this yesterday but does anybody know what the going rate for 3 own goals in a games is these days. :lol:

It was quite sad for the Bridcutt lad. Neither of his he could of done anything about. Poor guy.

But the 3rd own goal. What a disaster. :lol:

moans
02-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Damn, Brighton scored more goals than Livertool yesterday. Too bad three of them were into their own net.

dw13
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Carroll was sensational on the night.

Hope he carries the form into Wembley.

Livertool? That's a new one. You smally clubs have a ton of spare time on your hands, eh? ;)

dw13
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Chelsea turned over in Europe.

What else is new? :lol:

dw13
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Ajax fans signing "Only one Luis Suarez" at Old Trafford tonight.

Class. Don't we have an Ajax fan on this board?

suckerpuncher
02-24-2012, 12:32 PM
With Ballack set to work as analyst for ESPN during the EURO I wonder why Lothar Matthäus wasn't available. Too expensive? Not enough young chicks available? Not enough air time?
Can't be because he doesn't like to talk. Almost exclusivly about about himself but still he likes to talk. And despite his own admission back when he signed with NY a decade ago his German isn't really much better than his English.:lol::lol::lol:

dw13
02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Can hardly control myself since the work day ended.

Sunday is going to be massive.

dw13
02-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Can't believe Newcastle got Cisse at the price they did.

SP, I'm sure you've seen atleast some of him in Germany. Some player, really.

mrtybrodur30
02-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I was pissed when Newcastle went up 2-0 early. Great comeback by Wolves to earn the draw and the away point. So stressful watching their games now haha

dw13
02-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Checking myself into a hospital.

Unreal.

mrtybrodur30
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Adam showed great quality from the spot lol. I thought it was over when he missed that one.

dw13
02-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I. Hate. International. Football.

moans
03-03-2012, 09:41 AM
van Persie, what a gem.

dw13
03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Penalty missed.

2 sitters missed.

3 posts hit.

Horrible team converts their only 2 chances and win the game.

Story of our season.

suckerpuncher
03-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Done enough puking for one today.

Finally some sign of life during an away game, dominating Leverkusen but forgetting to score on tons of chances and like it always happens late on a mistake and another away loss. If all goes like it should it's 7 points off first spot.
Can't believe that away skid.

On a different note I almost feeel a bit sorry for Gladbach. Looks like they'll lose half of their squad next season with so many guys going to other clubs. And even Favre hesitating to sign a new contract.
It will be hard for them to be competitive on top of the table again next season. But it should be interesting to see how they'll invest the money they get in exchange. Doubt they'll change their philosphy and sign big names but rather continue to develop young players. Granit Xhaka would be a huge signing for them if they're really interested.

dw13
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I feel your pain, SP. I actually chose to watch the Bayern match after the Liverpool match ended. Tough way to lose.

Agreed on Gladbach. A real shame, as they've really had an outstanding year and deserve everything they get. Instead, they'll fall down to the bottom half of the table next term it looks like.

suckerpuncher
03-03-2012, 01:30 PM
My advise only watch Bayerns's home games. Anything else is just torture and no happy ending. Pretty much like those officially licensed massage shops. ;) :lol:

Only bright spot is that they'll play the 2nd leg against Basel in 10 days @home so there's a good chance they can still advance.

dw13
03-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I wish there was a bright spot about Liverpool's day :lol:

suckerpuncher
03-03-2012, 02:04 PM
There's a chance RvP might leave England alltogether after this season so he can't hurt you anymore. #graspingforstraws :D

dw13
03-03-2012, 02:23 PM
There's a chance RvP might leave England alltogether after this season so he can't hurt you anymore. #graspingforstraws :D

Sadly, Arsenal are definitely odds-on favorites now for 4th. And if that happens, he's not going anywhere.

But thanks mate :lol:

mrtybrodur30
03-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Avb out at Chelsea. I will give him credit he lasted a bit longer than I thought lol. It seemed inevitable though.

suckerpuncher
03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27DBI_re_r8

As if this foul wasn't brutal enough Guerrero defended himself the next day saying he was clearly trying to play the ball.
Lucky for the keeper he had his leg up when he was hit. Can't even imagine what damage Ullreich could have taken if his leg would have been down.

DFB is pushing for an 8 game ban but a lot of fans including fans from his own club HSV want to see an even longer ban until at least the end of the season.
After taking a look at the images and the comments afterwards I can relate to that. That was borderline assault and not a simple foul.

suckerpuncher
03-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Looks like Poldi to Arsenal is a done deal. I still have my reservation if he'll make it there especially after failing a couple of years ago @Bayern but at least he' a bit more mature now. And he can't play any worse than Gervinho.

suckerpuncher
03-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Hard to believe that was the same team Bayern lost to last Saturday. What a shame.

dw13
03-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Hard to believe that was the same team Bayern lost to last Saturday. What a shame.

Even more hard to believe you don't think Messi is the world's greatest player.

dw13
03-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Apoel getting through is outstanding.

suckerpuncher
03-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Even more hard to believe you don't think Messi is the world's greatest player.
I never said he isn't the best right now but that he's not the best ever. And that he has a lot of things in his favor.