View Full Version : Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

dw13
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
There it is. Kenny signed for 3 years.

Long live the King :D

suckerpuncher
05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
With KD now signing a 3-year deal I guess we'll never hear the end of it. :lol::lol::lol:

And as if there was even more proof necessary that the EL suck how about this one. Russian 2nd division Vladikavkas will play in the EL next year because they reached the final of the Russian cup competition and since their opponent CSKA Moscow will play in the UCL next year they'll get the EL berth no matter if they win or lose the final.
So far nothing special since something like this has happend before. But the worst thing is Vladikavkas hasn't scored a single goal in any of their cup matches. Not even in extra time. All their games were decided in penalty shootouts. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

But now to the only good news of the day. It really looks like Schalke and Bayern finally agreed on a transfer fee for Neuer. It's rumored to be €18 mio. + €3 mio if (when) Bayerns wins a Bundesliga title (while Neuer is under contract) and + €4 if (when) Bayern wins the UCL (while Neuer is under contract). Not really cheap but for probably the best goalie right now it's acceptable.

dw13
05-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Only good news of the day :lol:

Thanks for the laugh, SP! :)

Steve Clarke and Kenny here for a long while now! Best is yet to come!

suckerpuncher
05-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm just like the Funny Man from The Boondock Saints. :lol:

dw13
05-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm just like the Funny Man from The Boondock Saints. :lol:

:lol::lol:

But really, who cares about the fee, Neuer is worth every penny.

suckerpuncher
05-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Especially if Bayern really wins the UCL with Neuer those additional €4 mio. almost look like peanuts.

Just wondering why they still go cheap on a striker. Right now they have their eyes set on Petersen who leads the 2. Bundesliga in scoring. But then again when they stay with the 4-2-3-1 system they only need 1 striker and they have that in Gomez with Olic and probably Petersen as backups.

And then again offense isn't really a concern but defense is. Time to invest some money there.

Should be a really interesting offseason this year all over Europe. VdV will probably be on the market, too. Wonder where he'll end up.

dw13
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Pretty sure our new owners are serious about making an impact. Rumors about that they want to really show their intent. Marquee signings possibly like Mata, Aguero.

We're in the lead for Ashley Young as well. Everyone has said we'll sign Jose Enrique, which is fine considering we have youngsters ready to come through in the next 3 years at left back.

Really exciting times ahead now that the King has put pen to paper!

dw13
05-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Confirmed from Marin's people that we've made a €10m bid and we're after him.

Would love him to be honest but I don't see him week in, week out.

How do you rate him, SP?

suckerpuncher
05-13-2011, 04:34 AM
While he can play pretty much every offensive midfield position he's best suited to play as a left winger. He's fast and has the technical skills which allow him to do one-on-one dribblings and run down the line.
I doubt a bit that he has the physical strength to play in the EPL.
He hasn't shown much this but then again the whole Bremen squad played bad this year after Özil left. Towards the end of the season he played better but he still wasn't a good fit in Bremens system which doesn't really use wingers.
So maybe a change of scenary would help his developement. He couldn't do much worse than Cole did as left winger this year, could he?

Btw. is it true that LFC has signed Sylvain Marveaux? He is also a left winger.

suckerpuncher
05-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Just read that Bayern tries to sign 18-year old left wing Dale Jennings from Tranmere. He looks to be a Bale clone.
He should cost roughly €1.2 mio. My guess is that he would play for the 2nd squad until he develops a bit more. Maybe even get a sniff if Ribery gets hurt again.
Let's see if they sign him.

YouTube - Tranmere - Plymouth.mp4

dw13
05-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Tranmere is right down the road from LFC and I've never even heard of Jennings.

Yeah, I really like Marin. He might not be big and strong enough for the PL but he's got enough tricks and pace, I think. Like I said, I don't see him often enough.

The rumor is Liverpool have signed Marveaux but he's just a squad player. He has good technical ability and some pace to him as well but not a chance we don't continue strengthening our wings.

I think Mata and Ashley Young could be our outside players come next season.

suckerpuncher
05-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I haven't heard of him either. That's why I thought if he comes he'll play in the 2nd. Especially since now interims coach Jonkers will take over the 2nd squad and try to rebuild after they got relegated this year.
But according to some sources Jennings is seen as one of England's biggest talents. Strange.

As far as Marin goes like i said he suffered from the bad year Bremen was having. And I think he's one of the most fouled players in the Bundesliga even though some still call him a diver.
And he was still pretty good in the UCL against Tottenham so he should have a shot in the EPL if gets a bit stronger. But I doubt Bremen would let him walk for just €10 mio. I think they want somewhere around €14+ mio. for him.

dw13
05-13-2011, 10:17 AM
yeah I don't expect it to be €10m, but I've heard thats our first bid. I think €15m could be a good piece of business... I'd love to have him and someone like Ashley Young on the other flank.

But my favorite outside player that we're linked with is still Mata.

dw13
05-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Howard Webb is absolutely disgusting. He just should never get a Liverpool game. Ever. First he lets Suarez get kicked off the field time after time again then he awards a penalty that wasn't even a foul and if it was, it was outside the area.

Unreal. Manc rentboy.

We've not been good but no way are we 2 goals worse than Spurs in this one.

suckerpuncher
05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Webb's biggest missed call was not awarding Suarez the well deserved red card after he kicked the Tottenham player laying on the ground. The yellow card was a gift.
This kick (if he actually hit him or not doesn't matter) is a clear unsportsmanlike conduct and should be punished with a red card every time.

The penalty was questionable, I agree. One foot in one foot out + 50/50 on if it really was foul or not.
But right from the beginng LFC didn't really looked like they wanted to win the game.

dw13
05-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Webb's biggest missed call was not awarding Suarez the well deserved red card after he kicked the Tottenham player laying on the ground. The yellow card was a gift.
This kick (if he actually hit him or not doesn't matter) is a clear unsportsmanlike conduct and should be punished with a red card every time.

The penalty was questionable, I agree. One foot in one foot out + 50/50 on if it really was foul or not.
But right from the beginng LFC didn't really looked like they wanted to win the game.

Or how about a yellow for Dawson's dive? Instead Webb, 50 yards away from the play makes the call. Suarez acted stupid but a red card would of surely been an overreaction, IMO. I wouldn't of been mad because of how stupid Suarez acted but I would of felt it was the wrong decision.

Webb offered absolutely no protection to Suarez all day long, it was poor. Spurs were getting foul calls for the same Suarez was being fouled on. This is a long history with Webb, SP. Nothing new.

We were the better team over 90 minutes, just didn't take our chances unfortunately.

Well, I guess now we can have full focus on the league next year!

dw13
05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Word out of Madrid is Aguero has asked AM to listen to any bids for him...setting up a possible move to Liverpool.

His agent was at Anfield for our last game, although he is the same agent for Maxi...there has been rumors he talked to Comolli after the match.

Would be an amazing sign and show of intent from our owners.

suckerpuncher
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I always read that Agüero is linked to Juve. But I wonder where the money would come from (Juve) and if he even wants to play there since Juve most likely won't even play EL next year.

But looks like the good Boateng struck a deal with Bayern. Now ManC just needs to let him go for less than €10 mio. and the deal is done. He should play CB but he's not the real veteran leader the team needs at that position.

Btw. really funny all those rumors swirling around. One of the most intriguing is that Bayern wants to buy Nasri from Arsenal for roughly €34 mio. Mostly because all of the sudden now Ribery wants out. No idea why but he played rather lethargic lately.
I personally like Nasri but I sincerly doubt that he'll come.

dw13
05-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Nasri is a cracking player, one I really admire. That would be interesting and I'd support it, get him out of the PL.

Boateng leaving City is good, I do rate him and think Bayern will be a good place for him if he goes.

Aguero is a known Liverpool fan, best mates with Maxi as well. He spent the past 2 Christmas's in Merseyside so we'll see what happens with it.

suckerpuncher
05-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Liverpool allegedly offer a contract to Hamit Altintop who's contract with Bayern expires. But Real seems to be his favorite choice. Though I wonder what he wants there. He didn't get much playing time this year even with Robben and Ribery missed significant time so he won't get much more in Madrid.

dw13
05-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Liverpool allegedly offer a contract to Hamit Altintop who's contract with Bayern expires. But Real seems to be his favorite choice. Though I wonder what he wants there. He didn't get much playing time this year even with Robben and Ribery missed significant time so he won't get much more in Madrid.

I've actually heard whispers we might offer a contract to him, not sure we have though. How do you rate him? I haven't seen him enough, and the little that I have, I must say he isn't anything special, IMO.

suckerpuncher
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Nothing spectecular. He has a good shot with his right foot but that's about it. On a top team nothing more than a good backup. And he had his shares of injuries lately.

suckerpuncher
05-19-2011, 02:46 PM
With Altintop going to Real Real has now 3 Turkish players (or should I say German since they were all born in Germany and have both citizenships) on their squad.

Not sure if our international matches are shown in the US but Marco Reus is finally set to make his international debut. Most likely in the friendly against Uruguay. If the games are shown you might wanna take a closer look at him if you haven't already.

I don't know how familiar you are with (former) Mönchengladbach players and their history/philosophy but he's one of those young highly talented Mönchenglabach players the club always were able to groom over the last decades. Players like Vogts or Netzer in the 70's or Matthäus and Effenberg in the late 80's and 90's and recently Marin. Just to name a few. Here's a list you probably know a couple of them either as players or coaches: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Borussia_M%C3%B6nchengladbach_players

I personally really like the club (not just because my Grandpa came from Mönchengladbach ;) ) and I rank Reus higher than Marin.

Arsenal and Bayern are already rumored to have some interest in him and he allegedly has and €18 mio. buyout transfer fee in his contract and even though he recently reiterated he wants to stay in Mönchengladbach if they are getting relegated they might be forced to sell him.

dw13
05-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Yes, big fan of Reus myself and would prefer him to Marin as well. I have only heard he wants to stay, but would obviously love him.

suckerpuncher
05-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Since the team has to play the 2 relegation games (they won game 1 1-0 today) what else should he say beforehand? He just can't say before those important games he wants out. Though I believe he really likes to stay and another season at Mönchengladbach with regular playing time should help him.
But after game 2 next Wednesday he might be fair game for other clubs.

dw13
05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Since the team has to play the 2 relegation games (they won game 1 1-0 today) what else should he say beforehand? He just can't say before those important games he wants out. Though I believe he really likes to stay and another season at Mönchengladbach with regular playing time should help him.
But after game 2 next Wednesday he might be fair game for other clubs.

Very true, didn't realize they were in the relegation playoff. He fits everything LFC is looking for in a transfer target, I'm sure we've scouted him before. We'll see what comes of it, especially if like you say, they're relegated.

dw13
05-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I didn't want Europa League anyways!! :lol:

The end to another nightmare season. Glad we have some positives going into this summer though. New owners, The King is back, Suarez...

Is there anything better than the last day of the season in the PL? So many teams fighting it out to stay alive!

Birmingham and Blackpool will join West Ham in relegation.

dw13
05-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Chelsea sack Ancelotti a year after winning them the double :lol::lol::lol:

Unreal.

moans
05-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Ryan Giggs :lol: His story is on the cover of nearly every newspaper in London.

dw13
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Ryan Giggs :lol: His story is on the cover of nearly every newspaper in London.

I'm glad its coming out. Always heard whispers of him being a shady person and nothing ever came out. Then they started talking about Knighting him... yeah, well, thats not happening now, :lol:

moans
05-26-2011, 05:22 AM
We stumbled upon the Champions league festival yesterday. What a cool little experience that was.

dw13
05-26-2011, 11:41 AM
We stumbled upon the Champions league festival yesterday. What a cool little experience that was.

Definitely jealous.

suckerpuncher
05-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Until the equalizer it look a whole lot like the game 2 years ago.
Wonder if Park will last until the end of the game the way he's running all over the field.

dw13
05-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Turned over, Mancs. Great performance from Barca, outstanding stuff.

Hey, Mancs, 5 times! 5 times! 5 times! :D:D:D

suckerpuncher
05-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Barca was in a class of their own today. No doubt. And they deserved the win.

Btw. Real great clubs are able to win back-to-back-to-back European crowns. ;)

dw13
05-28-2011, 04:15 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9904/24936516601380012800413.jpg

That's all :lol::lol:
:beer:

suckerpuncher
05-28-2011, 04:23 PM
What has Gerrrard ordering 5 beers to do with it? :confused:
:D :D :D

dw13
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
What has Gerrrard ordering 5 beers to do with it? :confused:
:D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: :beer:

phaneuf6
05-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Great display from Barca today. Impressive stuff.

b_illin
05-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Barca was the far superior team.

CayugaPosse
05-29-2011, 03:15 AM
So now the inevitable debate begins, not only "Is this the best club team ever?", but "who the fuck is going to stop them?". This is not an old team. They're not peaking. It could be years before anyone even has a chance.

There were a few interesting articles written afterwards, one I read that was fascinating was "Is Lionel Messi the most under-rated soccer player in the world?". It argued that even with everyone knowing he's the best, no one really understands just HOW significant that margin is between him, and everyone else.

That team is frightening. Truly frightening. I don't remember ever seeing a team that was so stacked, and so dominant in my lifetime.

dw13
05-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh God, Cayuga is in the soccer thread now? :lol:

phaneuf6
05-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Oh God, Cayuga is in the soccer thread now? :lol:

My thoughts too :lol:

Messi could be the greatest player ever.

suckerpuncher
05-29-2011, 01:25 PM
No and no.

No, the actual Barca squad is not the best team ever. You just can't compare teams from different eras with each other. Both Ajax and Bayern for once won 3 consecutive Champions Cups back in the 70's. They were dominant but it's just impossible to match their squads with a team that play now. Nonetheless Barca's squad is impressive and arguably the best team in the world right now. They have all things in place to be dominant in the 5-10 years. But other teams will catch up eventually. Maybe even sooner than everyone thinks.

And no, Messi is not the best player ever. He's a very good player with all te talent in the world and probably the best player on club level there is right now.
But I said it before he really benfits from the supporting cast at Barca. He never has to do any work on defense and can solely concentrate on offense. We all saw what happened at the last World Cup when the rest of the Argentinian squad wasn't as good as what he's used to at Barca. He chocked. Big time. And you can't blame everything on Maradona.
The real great players like Pele, Beckenbauer or Maradona dominated at the grandest stage and won a WC or at least showed their domination at the WC even if their team didn't win (Cruyff).
To be considered the best player of all times he needs to show his talent at the WC and while he's still young and has some chances to prove himself I'm not overly impressed with the Argentinian squad for the next couple of years so in order to win he has to step up and carry the team. Should be interesting to see if he can.

dw13
05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Not going to get in this debate (I agree w/ SP about the comparing clubs) but to say Messi doesn't do any defensive work is silly. Barca when they lose the ball pressure the piss out of the other team and win it back as quick as possible, Messi does as much as anyone else in that. He presses, he wins the ball back for his team if possible.

I don't think this Barca team is THAT good, think they're outstanding but not invincible as some seem to think.

dw13
06-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Stay away from Aguero, Bayern :lol:

suckerpuncher
06-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Sincerly doubt that Bayern will sign Agüero. They are just not known to overpay for players. They had the chance to sign him a couple of years ago before he went to Athletico but passed. They didn't even wanted to pay the extra €5 mio. to get Coentrao who now will end up playing for Real because they didn't felt like he was worth it.
Probably his agent tossing around teams to drive his price up. Heard a lot of teams named over the last couple of days (Juve, Barca, Bayern, ManC, Chelsea etc.). Especially since Agüero said he wants to play in th UCL next year pretty much all the top clubs get mentioned.

Finally Schalke came to their senses and accepted the offer for Neuer so he'll finally play for Bayern next year. Took quite a while and a lot of bs ideas from Schalke to finally let him go. Can't wait for him.

And also Rafinha got signed to play RB next year. Not high on him. Van der Wiel would have been better but he would have costed probably twice as much. And by getting a RB it's more than likely for Lahm to get back and play LB where he was at least a level better than as RB.

There are still some holes left to fill. The Boateng deal isn't done yet (once again Bayern doesn't want to pay ManC what they want and try to lower the transfer fee) and Vidal is also a strong rumor. But guess what, Bayern doesn't want to pay what Leverkusen wants.

Can you see the pattern here. ;)

dw13
06-01-2011, 02:49 PM
LFC had Aguero signed as well before he went to Atletico but of course our board wouldn't sanction it. Just like Dani Alves, Ronaldo and Jovetic for Rafa.

See the pattern here ;)

b_illin
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/1001028--kelly-sepp-blatter-s-re-election-proves-fifa-is-broken

Shortly after his coronation on Wednesday as FIFA boss for the fourth straight term, Sepp Blatter proposed the solution to the string of corruption scandals on his watch.
Henry Kissinger.
Yes, that Henry Kissinger.
According to the Swiss soccer chief, the 86-year-old mastermind of the Vietnam War and the secret bombing of Cambodia will join “a committee of wise persons” to advise FIFA on how to act within the limits of the law.
No, don’t laugh. Oh, sorry. You’re not laughing. I thought that’s what the tears were about.
If you want to understand how isolated from reality power can make you, take note of Blatter. This week, he quoted admiringly from an investigation done by English lawyer James Dingemans into allegations of bribery in connection with England’s failed bid for the 2018 World Cup.
“We are happy that there are no elements in this report which would prompt any proceedings,” Blatter said.
In that report, Dingemans charged, among many other shady things, that an aide to Nicolas Leoz, the czar of the South American Football Confederation, requested that England’s140-year-old FA Cup, the most venerable trophy in world football, be re-named after Leoz.
Yes, nothing to worry about there.
On Wednesday, Blatter was re-elected as president of FIFA, now the most powerful sporting organization in the world. England’s Football Association — the game’s originator — tried vainly to delay the vote while further corruption allegations could be probed. Blatter rammed it through anyway. The vote was 186-17. England abstained. Since Blatter ran unopposed, it’s not clear who got the other 17 votes.
On Sunday, FIFA’s ethics committee suspended Blatter’s chief shield bearer, Trinidad’s Jack Warner, over corruption allegations. The same fate befell Qatari boss Mohammad bin Hammam, up until then the Swiss maestro’s only competition for the top job.
The two men are accused of selling and buying favours, respectively. Some of those backhanders gave the 2022 World Cup to Bin Hammam’s totally unsuitable home nation.
How wonderfully convenient — a coup a deux. Blatter was able to rid himself of the most visible liability in his own camp, while also crushing all dissent outside it, in one fell blow. It was a move that would have impressed the Borgias.
After being crowned for the fourth time, Blatter took the stage, stretched out his arms, and played the martyr.
“I, personally, am willing to face the public anger in order to serve football,” Blatter said, mixing metaphors like a Top Chef contestant. “I am the captain weathering this storm. In this difficult period of FIFA, and I admit it readily, not only the pyramid is presently shaking, but I would say our ship has drawn some water.”
What does it mean? It means Sepp Blatter thinks everybody who cares about the integrity of world football is a fool.
Going forward, Blatter cannot cause too much more trouble. He is 75 years old and already on record that he will resign at the end of this four-year term. He may try and award the 2026 and 2030 World Cups to, well, who’s got the most cash? Maybe adidas and Coca-Cola can build an island in the Pacific and hold them there.
Blatter’s promise of resignation was crucial in getting the backing of the European Football Federation, who want to shoehorn their own man, Frenchman Michel Platini, into the top job next time round.
Blatter built his base in the far-flung and impoverished reaches of the footballing world while the Europeans napped. He stole the game out from under them — quite literally, if you believe a host of reputable reports.
Now Europe wants to steal it back. They will put up with four more years of being led by a scoundrel so they might once again lord over uppity continents like Africa, North America and Asia.
This is not what we might call positive reform. It’s a change in the seating order at a meeting of the Five Families. The familiar crooks who debased the game will not lose their jobs, as long as they promise to fall into line behind the new Godfather.
Today’s overwhelming vote proves FIFA is broken. It cannot be fixed. It must be burned to the ground, and built again. That process cannot start until a few powerful men inside the organization decide that the words of the FIFA statutes — that their organizational objective is to promote the game “in light of its unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values” — actually mean something.

suckerpuncher
06-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Seems like Bayern wants a piece of the Asian market. Looks like they are close to sign Usami from Osaka, a 19-yo midfielder. Estimated price is €5 mio. which should finance itself with higher media attention / more merchandise sale in Japan.
Never really heard about him but given the benefits it should be almost a no-brainer. Even if he's not more than a backup right now but given the injury history of both Robben and Ribery it makes sense.

And the French newspaper L'Equipe says Bayern is making push for Hazard who would esily cost €30-40 mio. I would really like him to come even if that would likely be the end of Ribery. But then again it's higly unlikely he'll come.

dw13
06-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Hazard is worth every penny.

suckerpuncher
06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Sometimes it's really great to rather be lucky than good. :D

Not one of our best games but very late goals in each half by Gomez helped us out. And with another win on Tuesday we're almost qualified for the next EURO.

dw13
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Sounds like Liverpool and Sunderland have agreed in a deal for Jordan Henderson to come to LFC.

One of my favorite English prospects, fits exactly how Kenny likes to play football. Pass and move. Can play on the right, all positions in the middle of the pitch CDM - ACM.

Between 11-15m + David N'gog is the rumored price.

Next? Phil Jones? Juan Mata?

dw13
06-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Done Deal. Jordan Henderson is a Red.

http://assets2.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/hendo3.jpg

b_illin
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
What's the deal with this guy? Don't know much about him...

dw13
06-09-2011, 04:28 PM
What's the deal with this guy? Don't know much about him...

One of the top English prospects around. Versatile, can play on the wing as well as center midfield or center attacking midfield. Great passing range, a bit of pace to him and a really mature player. A really good signing, fits right into Kenny's way of playing.

If you're interested in seeing more of him, the U21's for him start on Sunday against Spain.

dw13
07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Watching the U17 WC to see Raheem Sterling who completely looks the part. Can't wait to see him in a few season.

But Germany, some real good players in this team Sucker. Future maintains bright for Germany and Bayern.

Almost blew it in the end, good game.

dw13
07-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Charlie Adam fee finally agreed. Will be a good addition and glad to see we held out to pay the price we wanted to pay. Left footed, great free kick taker and a wonderful passer of the ball. Welcome Charlie.

Winger72
07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Charlie Adam fee finally agreed. Will be a good addition and glad to see we held out to pay the price we wanted to pay. Left footed, great free kick taker and a wonderful passer of the ball. Welcome Charlie.

I watched him a lot last season, had him on my fantasy team, and as long as he doesn't try to "show off" he'll be a great player.

dw13
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I watched him a lot last season, had him on my fantasy team, and as long as he doesn't try to "show off" he'll be a great player.

Yeah, I can agree with that. He won't have to attempt as many 'killer balls' as he did with Blackpool.

Now for you, Winger, make sure you don't sell Nasri to United or City please. ;)

dw13
07-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Wednesday's Liverpool's first preseason match over in China. Can't wait. The Reds are back!

dw13
07-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Good preseason match today, surprisingly Poulsen scored but also Carroll, Coady and N'Gog.

We've also just agreed on a fee for Stuart Downing. A natural winger, who will find Carroll's head a ton.

Happy days!

Winger72
07-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Why is that everyone and their mother is talking about what Fabregas wants but we've barely heard anything from the man himself? I know he's had a few "neutral" comments, but as far as I can tell he hasn't actually come out and said I want to go to Barcelona.

dw13
07-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Why is that everyone and their mother is talking about what Fabregas wants but we've barely heard anything from the man himself? I know he's had a few "neutral" comments, but as far as I can tell he hasn't actually come out and said I want to go to Barcelona.

Because he's being a bit respectful but I think it's clear he wants to go to Barca. If he didn't, he needs to come out and rubbish the rumors.

But I cannot stand how Barca has acted over this whole saga. They are horribly disrespectful to Arsenal and it's pretty sad.

dw13
07-14-2011, 01:31 PM
‪Luis Suarez Amazing Skill (1080p HD)‬‏ - YouTube

dw13
07-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Luis Suarez. What. A. Player.

Uruguay win the Copa, Suarez player of the tournament.

MTR
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
So how bad are the MLS All Stars going to get beat tonight?

Can't we just have a normal all-star game like the other North American sports leagues?

suckerpuncher
07-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Why is there even an All-Star game?
The name implies there are actually players who are considered the best in their profession involved. That only holds true for the ManU side (more or less but still way more than on the MLS side).

But then again team USA is probably doomed anyway with more and rumors of The Diver being in play to become the next head coach. :dead: :D

dw13
07-29-2011, 10:47 AM
We're better off with him than Bradley. There is no question about it.

suckerpuncher
07-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Seems to be more than just a rumor. Germany's biggest soccer magazine reports it's a done deal. Klinsmann is the new head coach.

I'm still not a fan of his skills as an actual coach. When he was our head coach Löw still did most of the actual coaching/training and then we all saw how he failed @Bayern. He's more of a motivator than an actual coach.
Maybe he learned from his past mistakes but I still think he needs a very, very good assistant coach to do the actual coaching stuff. Should be interesting to see who will take over that position.

dw13
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
It just simply doesn't get worse than Bob Bradley. I'll take my chances with Klinsmann, even though I'm not a massive fan either.

MTR
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
I think we needed to shake things up. Bradley's record was not bad but we could have done a lot better than we did. We shall see how it goes with Klinsmann

dw13
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I think we needed to shake things up. Bradley's record was not bad but we could have done a lot better than we did. We shall see how it goes with Klinsmann

Tactically, Bradley is seriously on a youth level. It's absolutely astonishing and mind boggling. Doesn't put players in positions to really play well, continue's bringing the same crop of players into callups and just doesn't get it.

We could of done better than Klinsmann but I'm just happy Bradley is out.

moans
08-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Any idea who's going to play net for Man U this season? Is it De Gea or Kuszczak? My EPL fantasy team thanks you in advance.

dw13
08-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Any idea who's going to play net for Man U this season? Is it De Gea or Kuszczak? My EPL fantasy team thanks you in advance.

I thought Kuszczak had been sold? Think it'll be De Gea / Lindergaard this season, De Gea will have every chance.

But don't go with either. Pepe Reina is your man. ;)

Winger72
08-03-2011, 10:45 PM

From what little research I did on it, it seems like De Gea is going to be given every chance to take the job and run with it.

Are you using the EPL site or another game? On the EPL site, I usually buy two cheap GKs to rotate and then use the extra money elsewhere.

dw13
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Oops forgot to come in here after watching the Community Shield.

Manchester City :lol:

moans
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
From what little research I did on it, it seems like De Gea is going to be given every chance to take the job and run with it.

Are you using the EPL site or another game? On the EPL site, I usually buy two cheap GKs to rotate and then use the extra money elsewhere.

I'm playin on Yahoo! I actually did pretty well in an EPL salary cap league but that was like 10 years ago :lol: Any other suggestions on some players looking to breakout this season?

dw13
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm playin on Yahoo! I actually did pretty well in an EPL salary cap league but that was like 10 years ago :lol: Any other suggestions on some players looking to breakout this season?

Stewart Downing looks to have a great season ahead for Liverpool (trying to think of some bargain players). N'Zogbia for Villa. Gyan for Sunderland. Doyle/Jarvis for Wolves. Defenders? Robert Huth for Stoke. Samba for Blackburn.

Just a few bargain players, not sure of their prices but they have to be lower than most.

moans
08-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Stewart Downing looks to have a great season ahead for Liverpool (trying to think of some bargain players). N'Zogbia for Villa. Gyan for Sunderland. Doyle/Jarvis for Wolves. Defenders? Robert Huth for Stoke. Samba for Blackburn.

Just a few bargain players, not sure of their prices but they have to be lower than most.

Here's my team as of now. You only get 100mm to make a team so obviously there are some limitations.

GK - De Gea(6.06)
D - Luke young(9.77), Michael Williamson(7.53), Anton Ferdinand(6.94) and Kolarov (11.03)
MF - Cleverley (8.81), Adam Johnson(8.82), Anderson(5.61)
F - Welbeck(8.34), Suarez(14.49), and Gyan(10.64).

Total - 98.04

The guys you mmentioned were near the top in price so I couldn't afford em.

dw13
08-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Kolarov is injury prone and Clichy will surely get some starts. Do you have to draft left backs or just defenders in general? I like all your picks outside of your defenders, I'll have to make a team just to look at some prices.

dw13
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Alright, I made a team. Saw it's only 4 defenders you have to pick. My team:

Howard (8.42); Luiz (8.24), Kompany (10.93), Vermaelen (7.11), Jose Enrique (8.88); Adam Johnson (8.83), Yaya Toure (8.13) S. Coleman (7.20); Suarez (14.49), Dzeko (7.76), S Fletcher (9.95)

I think some of the biggest steals are Luiz 8.24, Yaya Toure 8.13, Dzeko 7.76 and even Enrique at 8.88. Kompany is a must in any fantasy defense, like Suarez in an attacker list. IMO.

moans
08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Alright, I made a team. Saw it's only 4 defenders you have to pick. My team:

Howard (8.42); Luiz (8.24), Kompany (10.93), Vermaelen (7.11), Jose Enrique (8.88); Adam Johnson (8.83), Yaya Toure (8.13) S. Coleman (7.20); Suarez (14.49), Dzeko (7.76), S Fletcher (9.95)

I think some of the biggest steals are Luiz 8.24, Yaya Toure 8.13, Dzeko 7.76 and even Enrique at 8.88. Kompany is a must in any fantasy defense, like Suarez in an attacker list. IMO.

Toure's suspended until September otherwise he'd certainly be on the squad. Nice lookin team. If there's enough interest, maybe we can get an HI league goin'.

dw13
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Toure's suspended until September otherwise he'd certainly be on the squad. Nice lookin team. If there's enough interest, maybe we can get an HI league goin'.

Kolo is suspended, not Yaya.

moans
08-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Kolo is suspended, not Yaya.

Ha, at least I got the last name right. I knew Toure from Man City was suspended, just the wrong one. Thanks.

Winger72
08-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Still messing around with it, but here's my Y! team :

GK - da Gea (6.07)
D - Young (9.77), Luiz (8.24), Smalling (6.34)
MF - Yaya Toure (8.13), Moses (5.78), N'Zogbia (13.96), Silva (9.13)
F - Aguero (6.55), Suarez (14.49), Gyan (10.64)

I want to pick up Enrique but I'm not sure about Newcastle. Luiz may not play, but I think he will.

dw13, is Suarez good to go? I heard some whispers that he might not be ready at the start.

dw13
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Aguero at 6.55? Didn't even see him, figured it was at the top. That's the easiest buy in that whole thing. Wow. Mike make sure you do that. Silva at 9.13 is fucking quality too. Great stuff Winger.

Enrique will be a Liverpool player, I think within a few days. Maybe not though, that's why I think he's a bargain.

And Suarez at most will miss the opening match. He's just come back to training but he wants to play. It'll be up to Kenny and I think he could definitely start vs. Sunderland. If not, he'll start the second match vs. Arsenal. No worries. He's roaring to go.

dw13
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Seamus Coleman out for six months, guess that's what I get for selecting one of those Blue Bastards from down the road. :D

suckerpuncher
08-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Excellent game against Brazil.
Don't know if we could ever said we dominated Brazil all game long. Brazil is well served with just a 1 goal loss.

Götze played a great game. The kid is just amazing. And Kroos with his vision and the 2 big passing leading to the first and 2nd goal.

And I can't remember the last time our team was that young and had so much depth especially in midfield.
The future seems to be bright. Considering the results from the last 2 WC and the last EURO hopefully we can finally make the next step. Maybe already during the EURO 2012.

dw13
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Dominating Mano's Brazil isn't like dominating the Brazil's of old, but it was a class display from the Germans. Mano can't last too long there.

Gotze is just class. I love him, Kroos and Schurrle. Awesome players.

Cornholio
08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
i can't recall a friendly game as entertaining as this one!

sucker, who would you pick as "our" first 11 players???
i can't tell, it's so hard, so much talent...

suckerpuncher
08-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Btw. seeing Klinsman using a similar staff he used while he coached Bayern + Dooley what do you expect in his first game today against Mexico?

dw13
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Btw. seeing Klinsman using a similar staff he used while he coached Bayern + Dooley what do you expect in his first game today against Mexico?

Honestly, I don't have much expectations. I'm very curious to see how we shape up, and his initial tactics but I'll be much more interested in future selections he brings into USA Camps. Tonight will be about seeing his formation, shape and style of play he tries to bring.

Anyone but Bradley gets full backing from me from the get-go though. So I'm behind him and hoping for the best.

suckerpuncher
08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
i can't recall a friendly game as entertaining as this one!

sucker, who would you pick as "our" first 11 players???
i can't tell, it's so hard, so much talent...
Tough. Considering both Khedira and Özil were missing today it's even harder.
The only real open spot is at RB.

My favorites right now would probably be:
Neuer
Lahm (LB) - Hummels - Badstuber - ??? (Boateng?)
Schweinsteiger (DM)
Kroos (LM/LW) Özil - Götze - Müller (RM/RW)
Gomez

Kroos, Götze and Müller could easily switch their postions on-the-fly making it very hard for opponents to pick them up.
Depending on the opponent maybe sacrificing Götze for Khedira to be more defensive

dw13
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I'd go with: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Badsteuber, Boateng; Schwiensteiger, Khedira; Kroos, Ozil, Muller; Gomez

Just from my eyes. Like I said though, I really love Gotze and Shurrle, a lot. Not to mention Hummels, Reus, etc. Some real talent coming through as always for Germany.

suckerpuncher
08-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Like I just added to my post:
Kroos, Götze and Müller could easily switch their postions on-the-fly making it very hard for opponents to pick them up.

And I like the more offensive orientated version. But it very much depends on the opponent.

But right now it seems you can't go wrong with any formation.

dw13
08-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, my favorite prospects in the world currently are Germans. Gotze, Hummels, Reus... really not prospects anymore. What do you think of Reus, Sucker? I like Monchengladbach because of their somewhat ties to LFC so I've become very fond of him.

Cornholio
08-10-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd go with Träsch on the right outer D, he played really good!
and IMO, Mertesacker should be in there for sure, bseides him I'd go with Hummels
the midfield is the most difficult thing.
Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Müller
plus Özil or Götze,
and Klose or Gomez in the offense, or maybe Schürrle??
and we still have Podolski, Kroos...

suckerpuncher
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
We talked about Reus some time back. I really like him.
And despite his small size and his ball skills he was one of the most fouled players and he also had 9 yellow cards last year which shows me he isn't afraid of contact and he's poised.

There's also Draxler from Schalke who's a talented kid.

And did you watch the U17 WC? There some more great talent coming up probaly spear-headed by Bayerns Emre Can who can play both any where in the middle of midfield but also at CB.
There are a bunch of players who are eligible to play for either Germany or Turkey but I really hope the real talents will go the Özil route and play for Germany later on and not the Sahin route and play for Turkey.

suckerpuncher
08-10-2011, 04:41 PM
@Corny
If you use Twitter I hope you follow dogfood (the guy from the blog allesaussersport.de). Some crazy comments especially during games.

dw13
08-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I commented on Can in here during the U17 WC. He looked an immense talent in the midfield. Loved him.

dw13
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Enrique to Liverpool sounds just about done. That's why he was a bargain in Fantasy!

Winger72
08-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Enrique to Liverpool sounds just about done. That's why he was a bargain in Fantasy!

Any word on if he'll play this weekend?

dw13
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Any word on if he'll play this weekend?

Couldn't tell you. Maybe tomorrow I can. Not sure about his fitness level from Newcastle preseason, but I think there's a real chance he'll be tossed in.

dw13
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Enrique has declared himself in good enough fitness from Newcastle preseason to play this weekend. He's absolutely chuffed to be a Liverpool player and I think it's very possibly we see him tomorrow.

LFC had no left side last year, and we lacked pace. Now we have possibly the fastest left winger and left back in the league. Amazing in just a few months.

Tomorrow it starts!!

moans
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Sounds like Luiz won't be playing for a few weeks.

Here's most likely my final roster:

Given
Kompany, Enrique, Alex
Toure, Moses, Anderson, Silva
Carroll, Suarez, Aguerro.

Looks a lot better than the last roster I posted.

dw13
08-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Looks good to me. Not a big fan of Alex or Anderson but they should be alright. What did you get Moses at? Young and inconsistent, so be ready to ride that wave.

dw13
08-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Suarez and Enrique start.

Enjoy the day football fans!!

Winger72
08-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Suarez and Enrique start.

Enjoy the day football fans!!

This is why you don't listen to football blogs. Idiots kept saying that Suarez would see limited action, barely any time. So I guess scoring a goal and looking good is limited action. :banghead: Can't believe I switched him for Carroll. At least I kept Enrique.

Winger72
08-13-2011, 01:18 PM
How did Barton not get shown a red for that bullshit? Gervinho should've been tossed for reacting, which I would've done too, but Barton should've gotten more than just a yellow.

dw13
08-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Liverpool were absolutely shocking in the second half. Have to improve. Good thing Arsenal were complete rubbish today. Both teams need 3 points next week, it should be a beaut of a match.

Yeah no idea, Winger. Barton is such a disgusting person. How he escaped that and Gervinho was sent off was absolutely shocking.

Song could be in trouble with the FA, too. They both might be missing the Liverpool match.

See ya next week Winger! :beer:

Cornholio
08-14-2011, 07:39 AM
@Corny
If you use Twitter I hope you follow dogfood (the guy from the blog allesaussersport.de). Some crazy comments especially during games.
uhm, sorry for the late answer.
no, i don't; i'm not that into soccer.
i watch either sportschau or the sport studio, and the international matches, but that's pretty much it...

Winger72
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
While I hate seeing either leave, Nasri should take a lesson from Fabregas on how to make an exit. Can't believe he doesn't get why the fans are pissed at him wanting to leave.

It's going to be a long season. I really don't see how Arsenal can finish above 5th unless something major happens.

dw13
08-16-2011, 07:11 PM
While I hate seeing either leave, Nasri should take a lesson from Fabregas on how to make an exit. Can't believe he doesn't get why the fans are pissed at him wanting to leave.

It's going to be a long season. I really don't see how Arsenal can finish above 5th unless something major happens.

Yeah, I've been a massive fan of Nasri for a long time but he's been extremely annoying this whole summer. Believe me, it's best you don't have an unhappy player in your team. Example: Torres

I thought Cesc handled it poorly too, by the way.

See ya, Sunday :)

Winger72
08-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I've been a massive fan of Nasri for a long time but he's been extremely annoying this whole summer. Believe me, it's best you don't have an unhappy player in your team. Example: Torres

I thought Cesc handled it poorly too, by the way.

See ya, Sunday :)

Cesc wasn't exactly the best, but at least he didn't try to go out of his way to antagonize the fans. I think after time as past, he'd be "welcomed" back if he visited as an opponent unlike Adebayor and now Nasri. I liked Nasri, but he's running his mouth too much and is making it obvious that he's after money and not so much trophies.

The only reason I can't wait to play Liverpool is cause I got Suarez and Enrique in both of my fantasy teams.

I think Arsenal is really looking at drop like Liverpool had recently and I hope they can bounce back like Liverpool seems to be doing.

dw13
08-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Cesc wasn't exactly the best, but at least he didn't try to go out of his way to antagonize the fans. I think after time as past, he'd be "welcomed" back if he visited as an opponent unlike Adebayor and now Nasri. I liked Nasri, but he's running his mouth too much and is making it obvious that he's after money and not so much trophies.

The only reason I can't wait to play Liverpool is cause I got Suarez and Enrique in both of my fantasy teams.

I think Arsenal is really looking at drop like Liverpool had recently and I hope they can bounce back like Liverpool seems to be doing.

Cesc always wanted to go back to Barca, that's the difference I guess. Nasri is chasing money, really. He wants a bigger payraise and Arsenal don't want to break their payscale. He's had his head turned by City's big money, and he's going now.

Arsenal need to do this one thing: Fire Wenger. He's stubborn, refusing to spend the money that they have. When he does, he goes and signs attackers when clearly they need defenders and a goal keeper. He's stuck on his youth policy when Arsenal should be contenders yearly.

Arsenal are in such great financial shape, that's the different between the two situations.

Anyway, it's been I think 12 years since we won away to Arsenal. It won't be easy.

dw13
08-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry, SP... Messi is the best in the world.

suckerpuncher
08-18-2011, 05:35 AM
At least you're sorry for saying that.
Baby steps. :lol:

dw13
08-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Only sorry because I know you don't agree :lol:

He's miles ahead of the nearest player. Absolutely sensational footballer.

suckerpuncher
08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not so much arguing that he's the best player right now. He has a lot of things in his favor with the supporting cast, situtation etc. Combined with his his god-given talent he most likely is the best player right now.

What I'm arguing is the fact that many people see him as the second coming, one (if not THE) all-time greats.
He clearly is not (so far).
Everytime he plays for Argentina during tournaments (Copa, WC) he disappears into thin air. He doesn't shine or at least helps out his team. He needs to be a (the) leader for team and carry them.
Not sure why he chokes. Whether it's too much pressure (media/country expectations) or his teammates expect to be lead by him and wait for him to do the first step or maybe because he doesn't get paid during the tournaments (;)). I don't know.
I don't even expect him to win a WC or anything but he needs to show way more than he has done so far. He's still young though maybe he will grow.

Unless that changes he can't be considered one of the all-time bests.

dw13
08-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Until Argentina actually sort out their problems, I won't be that critical of him. Aguero, Tevez, Di Maria, all fail to make impacts for Argentina and they are without question some of the top footballing talents around the globe. The Argentine setup is poor right now and that affects it. Infact, Messi was sensational for their youth setup, so I'm leaning to the poor senior setup and coaches. Hell, Maradona got the job, come on.

I won't completely rule that out and say it means nothing but Messi is well on his way to becoming one of the greatest footballers to ever play. 119 goals, 56 assists in 177 career appearances for Barca, 5 La Liga titles, 3 Champions League all by the age of 24!!!

suckerpuncher
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
While his numbers look impressing they are skewed.
Like I said so many times he has a team more or less completely built around him and he plays in a 2 team league where every team not named Real Madrid (and his Barca) is inferior to them. Not so much in the UCL though there are teams in the group stage that have no business being there. (But that's for another time to discuss)

Just ask yourself some questions.
How his numbers would look if he played in England? By far not that good.
How many of those titles would Barca have won without him? At least 3 La Liga titles and at least 1 UCL titles (in my estimation).

Barca and Messi are just a perfect match. I'm not denying that. His teammates help and respect him.
Can't say that for Argentina, tough.

And even if Argentina's team is a mess they still have 11 very good players. But for some reason those guys can't put their egos aside. And the troubles at AFA don't help. I agree.

(I'm pretty sure if we would have that kind of talent during our darker days (late '90 / early 2000's) we would not have been that bad as Argentina presented themself in the last decade. But once again that's nore Off-Topic)

dw13
08-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Fair enough but I'll say this - La Liga was much stronger than the Premier League last season.

suckerpuncher
08-19-2011, 02:36 AM
And La Liga is broke.
The 42 clubs from the 1st and 2bd division have a combined debth of €4+ bilion and the players are on strike to get the €50 mio. they are owed in salaries. Given the situation it's doubtful they'll get.
And a bunch of teams already filed for bankruptcy and exploiting a new loophole that they can't get relagated which they normally had to.

All those clubs should be banned from international competition and get relegated. They threw money around that they never had and never will have.
It's a shame.

dw13
08-20-2011, 08:45 AM
First thing first, I feel awful for Arsenal fans. Something's got to give, and I think its Wenger personally.

But as a Liverpool fan, I've seen bad luck, we don't normally have any good luck but we did today and we deserved it.

Good luck Winger!

moans
08-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Good start to the year for my squad. As of now I'm in 96th overall. How'd you guys do last week? I somehow accumulated 123.50 points.

Winger72
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
It's going to be a long, ugly year and it's too late to buy anyone who'd make a big enough impact. I had to leave for work early in the Liverpool match, and I was complaining a bit about having to turn it off. After seeing the recap, I'm glad I had to leave.

My first week was bad, 68pts. I messed around with my lineup too much and I listened to the idiot blog that said to switch out Suarez and Aguero. Limited action my ass. :rolleyes: No idea why I decided to listen to him now, the guy is an idiot.

Week 2 is looking so much better already with Suarez back in my lineup, 51pts and I still have United (De Gea, Smalling) and City (Aguero, Silva, Y Toure) left to play.

suckerpuncher
08-23-2011, 04:38 PM
A small sigh of relief.
On to the group stage of the UCL and cashing in roughly €20 mio. in guaranteed money (+ roughly €5 mio. they got during the qualifiyng round).

On the other side half if not all of this money must now probably invested in another striker with Olic being out about 2 month and Gomez having a (thankfully not serious) strain. And with Robben having once again a nagging injury that keeps him out of games from time to time and Ribery's injury history (even if both are not directly strikers) that only leaves Petterson as lone striker right now.
That's not enough.

Too bad there's not much left on the market. We'll see what happens.

dw13
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Well done, Bayern. There were some really interesting games all day. Good stuff.

LFC seemingly very close to signing Coates, the Uruguay international who was phenomenal at the Copa. Only 20 years old, he's a massive guy (6 foot 6ish) and looked really composed at the Copa. Rumored to be around 10m. Would be a good piece of business.

Also there is rumors of a shock return for Craig Bellamy. I'd take him back personally, think he'd fight for the badge and he can play numerous positions. Well see!

suckerpuncher
08-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Btw. Where do you think LFC will end up this season?
I personally would say both Manchester clubs plus Chelsea will play for the title but with Arsenal going down the drain (now Nasri is gone too though it might be a blessing not having an unhappy player around ruining the moral) 4th spot is up for grabs and should easily be within reach even with the young squad.

dw13
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
I see no reason why we can't finish in the top 3. United and City for me will be 1-2 but I don't like Chelsea that much. They are so slow in possession its unreal, Mata will help and Modric will too if they get him but I still think their position could be up for grabs. Villas-Boas will have some really big decisions at some point this year to drop Torres/Terry/Lampard and that will be tough.

If I'm guessing I guess I'd say 4th but I really think we could finish 3rd and this might sound like a crazy Liverpool fan but I will not rule us out of the title picture until we are really out of it. From January on with Kenny we were 2nd in the form table, and this season we've started alright!

So my head says 3rd/4th, my heart says title race :lol:

Either way, Champions League is obviously a must.

suckerpuncher
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Speaking of the Champions League with the final this year being played @Allianz Arena there's the big dream for this season.

Of course Bayern is not the odds on favorite but unless they get Barca in an early stage of the knockout stage it's not impossible to reach.
All other teams are beatable.
I just look at the odds and while they give Barca roughly a 2/1 shot to win this year. Maybe a bit high but understandable. I also get ManU at 8/1.
But what I don't get is ManC at 12/1 or Chelsea a 8/1 or even Real at 4/1 while Bayern only gets a 11/1.
All those 3 teams are way overrated.
If (I know it's a big IF) Robben and Ribery are healthy during the knockout stage I like Bayern's chances against ManC, Chelsea and even Real (as long as Mourinho plays his anti-football). And even against ManU they aren't the big underdog.
There's still Barca though. But no one is unbeatable. Especially if it's 1 game. Like Dortmund showed '97 in Munich against Juve. Nobody gave them a fighting chance and yet they pulled it off.

But then again maybe I'm unrealistic but I can still dream, right?

dw13
08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
For me, Bayern should be even money against everyone in the world (if they have everyone healthy) but Barca and even then, they could beat Barca. I'm just talking about odds.

ManU is NOT that good, believe me. English football is down right now. And like you said about Jose playing his anti-football, Mancini tends to do that at City as well!

dw13
08-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Bayern, Man City, Villareal, Napoli?

What a draw.

Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer, Genk. Tricky one as well.

United with an easy group? Nothing new.

suckerpuncher
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM
So much for the luck of the draw.

Couldn't been much worse. But then again you only have to end up 2nd yet I fully expect to win all 3 home games which puts Bayern in the knockout stage.

dw13
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Tricky games but I do expect Bayern to get through. Villareal, City and Napoli are not CL normals. It'll be tough but experience will win out.

dw13
08-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Liverpool. Rampant.

Top of the table.

Winger72
08-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Man U up 6-1!

It's over, Arsenal will be lucky to finish fifth with the way they're playing right now.

Anyone know anything about Park Chu-Young?

Winger72
08-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Man U up 6-1!

It's over, Arsenal will be lucky to finish fifth with the way they're playing right now.

Man U 8
Arsenal 2

:banghead:

dw13
08-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Ouch. I feel awful for the Arsenal fans, what they're being put through isn't fair for anyone. Keep supporting your team is all I can say.

Yeah, Young for me is a striker like Chamakh. He won't have a great goal scoring record but he is a very good linkup player, he can play anywhere across the front line. Very inconsistent finisher though. They got him for cheap, it was a bargain deal.

dw13
08-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Meireles takes a page out of Torres' book. Requesting a transfer in the last hour of deadline day.

Fairwell, ladyboy.

Winger72
08-31-2011, 06:41 PM
So who didn't Arsenal throw money at this past week? Today was Arteta, Benayoun, Mertesacker and Santos.

dw13
08-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Arteta saved the window for Arsenal. Good piece of business, real talented footballer. Always liked Benayoun but he's not first 11 material, will make an impact off the bench.

The Nutter with a Putter (Craig Bellamy) is back at Liverpool. And I'm happy. :D

suckerpuncher
09-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Arsenal also made a €40 mio. offer for Götze which Dortmund declined in a heartbeat.

dw13
09-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Arsenal also made a €40 mio. offer for Götze which Dortmund declined in a heartbeat.

Never in a million years though Arsenal were going to cough up that type of money for anyone. I still don't believe it. At all.

suckerpuncher
09-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Here's the source (it's in German but I think the headline speaks for itself): http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/557190/artikel_40-millionen---wahnsinnsangebot-fuer-mario-goetze.html

As far as reliablity goes Kicker is the biggest football magazin here.

dw13
09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Still not believing it. Arsenal don't make that type of money available, IMO. Kicker is a decent source but I have my reservations.

suckerpuncher
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the Özil show.

suckerpuncher
09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
After that goal €40 mio. sounds even more like low-balling. :D

dw13
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
You mean welcome to the Oranje show. :lol:

suckerpuncher
09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
You mean welcome to the Oranje show. :lol:
Even if Austria is not a top notch opponent they are still head and shoulder above San Marino. :D

And btw. we won our last game in San Marino 13-0. ;)

dw13
09-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Even if Austria is not a top notch opponent they are still head and shoulder above San Marino. :D

And btw. we won our last game in San Marino 13-0. ;)

Btw they're #1 in the world :lol:

Messing with you of course, German were superb. Congrats on qualification (not that it was ever going to be a risk).

suckerpuncher
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I know. :lol:

The only bad thing is that there are 2 hosts and only 4 groups and right now Holland and Spain are ahead of us in the UEFA ranking which means we won't be a head of a group and there's a 50% chance we could meet either Holland or Spain in the group stage.
But then again the top 2 teams of each group advance.

dw13
09-02-2011, 03:48 PM
That would be difficult but think both are beatable. Sick of hearing about how Spain is going to waltz the Euros. They won't. Not at all.

Cornholio
09-03-2011, 02:43 AM
i'd love to see germany vs holland, that should a real highlight!!!

suckerpuncher
09-04-2011, 04:09 PM
i'd love to see germany vs holland, that should a real highlight!!!
November 15th in Hamburg.

Since we're qualified we play Holland on that day in a friendly. If there are "friendlies" between them. ;)

There are also some games against France, Italy and Argentina until 2014 already agreed.
Link: http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=11368

Cornholio
09-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I heard that on the radio!
Can't wait to see the game! :)

suckerpuncher
09-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Pretty dominating game against Villarreal. The only neagative thing was probably that it took forever and way too many chances to finally score the 2nd goal.

And ManC only getting a 1-1 draw at home against what's supposed to be the easiest opponent of the group in Napoli just makes the day even better.

Now 2 tough Bundesliga games @Schalke and vs. Leverkusen before the big game @Allianz Arena against ManC.

dw13
09-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Napoli is a much, much better side than Villareal.

Sir Alex is such a piece of shit. I cannot stand him. Kelly Cates (Dalglish) asked him in the post match interview if he had a selection dilemma now with his goalies because Lindegaard had such a great start and he answered "you're looking for stupid little things" and walked out.

Uh, erm, like news stories? Because that's why shes part of the media? It was a fair question considering De Gea has been shit and Lindegaard put on a class performance tonight.

Hate him. Hate him. :mad:

suckerpuncher
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
We're not talking about the late 80's version of Napoli with Maradona. ;)

To Villarreals credit this was their first home game loss ever in the UCL in their 12th home game.
Maybe it's just me and my general dislike for Italian football for not liking Napoli. Empty stadiums, shitty fans, often unattractive low-scoring games etc.

And as LFC fan you'd hate Ferguson no matter what he says.
If he'd say the next 3 days will be sunny than you'd most likely blame him for starting a heat wave. :lol:
In all fairness he should have handled the situation better no doubt.

dw13
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Sao Paulo will be the toughest away match for Bayern in that whole group. It'll be filled and their fans are crazy. A lot of violence outside too, so if you know friends going tell them to be safe.

Villareal are a decent side but Napoli will attack anyone, and their front 3 are very capable. Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi could get into about any side in the world for the most part. Really good attack there. And with their 3-4-3 formation, it takes teams a bit to figure that out.

Yeah, I hate Slur Alex but that doesn't excuse him for how he handled himself. He's disgusting with the media time after time again because he think he's the second coming of jesus.

As for United? I hope more teams take notes of tonight. Stop being in awe of their attack and exploit their midfield. It's there to be had time after time again. Hopefully Chelsea were watching tonight.

suckerpuncher
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
The Breno situation gets more and more bizarre.
I really hopes he gets out of it clean and in the mean time gets all the help he needs.

suckerpuncher
09-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Wow, first Breno spend the night in a psychiatric ward and now he is in custody for arson. It doesn't look good.

dw13
09-27-2011, 02:32 PM
It's half time, 2-0 Bayern over City.

But something that goes unsaid a lot, I needed to come say it.

Schweinsteiger deserves to be mentioned as one of the worlds best. I'm taking him over Xavi every day of the week.

suckerpuncher
09-27-2011, 02:42 PM
After his down year last season he's really on top of his game again. Hopefully he keeps his form all the way to the EURO. The good thing is he's surrounded by 6 other German national players. Our team should have an experienced core and a lot of chemistry.

The first 30 minutes City was the better team but after that Bayern took over. You can see ManC lacks the experience at this level and got punished twice.
And Gomez continues his rake and just knows where to be and the ball always runs his way.
Both teams should have gotten a penalty but at least the ref keeps his line and calls nothing in the box.

Btw. a lot of 2-0 half time leads today.

dw13
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
City's defense is shit, that's what it's down to. Kolo Toure is awful, Clichy is average. I rate Richards and Kompany but that's only 2/4.

City were certainly better early on but never really created a great chance.

Hit them for 4, Bayern. Cmon!

dw13
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
United were 2-0 against Basel and still singing about Scousers.

Now they're 2-2 and not singing a thing.

Forever in our shadow.

dw13
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Mancs of course score to equalize it.

Bayern rampant.

Shit day in Mancland. Good day in my land.

suckerpuncher
09-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, what a piss poor effort in the second half by ManC. Bayern did pretty much nothing especially on offense and yet ManC did get a single chance. Around the 70th minutes there were 30+ touches in a row without ManC getting even close to the ball.

Not sure why Mancini did the subs he did or why he left out Tevez but that was poor coaching. And Dzeko was not a happy camper.

Now Bayern has 10 clean sheets in row while scorig 28 goals during those games.
Scary thing is they did it without Robben and mostly laying off in the second half of games since they are up early.

And Neuer got less than 20 shots on goal in all 13 games so far this year. Makes you wonder why Bayern spend €18 mio. when they don't seem to need him. Best paid unemployed in football. :lol:

dw13
09-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Not sure why Mancini did the subs he did or why he left out Tevez but that was poor coaching. And Dzeko was not a happy camper.

No. It wasn't Mancini, although it was a weird switch. Tevez had refused to warm up and go into the game. That left him in an awful spot. It doesn't forgive him for making a CDM for FWD switch but it didn't help.

suckerpuncher
09-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Heard something similar. That's just unprofessional by Tevez.

I really hope he gets a hefty punishment for that. Especially to show the rest of the team that something is an absolut no-go.

dw13
09-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Mancini has just said in the presser than Tevez is done at Manchester City.

Hopefully he has the balls this time. Enough is enough, Tevez has to go. He's nothing but a distraction.

suckerpuncher
09-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Hope he not only gets suspend by ManC but they also hit him where it really hurts - in his wallet. Suspend him without pay.

Nothing worse than suspend someone and still pay him.

dw13
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah, agreed. They have grounds for it too without question.

Disgusting.

suckerpuncher
09-29-2011, 03:16 AM
Tevez only gets suspended for 2 weeks.
He'll also lose his salary for those 2 weeks which equal about £500.000.
Seems like the FA doesn't allow longer suspensions.

But at least the FIFA seems to think in the right direction. In case his contract gets terminated they want to give him an additional ban make him ineligible to sign with a new team for a while.
But knowing the FIFA those might just be empty threads, again.

suckerpuncher
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
There are rumors ManC, Liverpool, Barca and Bayern trying to get 18yo striker Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.

dw13
09-30-2011, 03:44 PM
There are rumors ManC, Liverpool, Barca and Bayern trying to get 18yo striker Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.

Been chasing him for a bit now. Talented guy, not sure I buy into the big hype for him though.

dw13
09-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Derby day tomorrow. Rumor that Suarez is going to miss out because of injury. We'll see in the morning.

Either way, can't wait.

dw13
10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Derby day win. Carroll goal. Gerrard plays. Some luck from the ref?

Can't beat that. Happy days.

suckerpuncher
10-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Wow, the latest ruling by the European court could/will have huge implications on the business site of football.
But not only there it may change the whole (Pay-)TV landscape all over Europe.

The "Murphy-ruling" might probably be the biggest thing since the Bosman-ruling.

dw13
10-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Rooney's father arrested :lol:

suckerpuncher
10-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Hmm... Is it just me or does your reaction to the Rooney family thing fits the bill as described here in this article about the reaction of English fans towards players: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/07/robert-enke-life-story-pause (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/07/robert-enke-life-story-pause?)
;)

dw13
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
My reaction is one of laughter, just like when John Terry's dad was arrested.

Two thug families.

dw13
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Rooney sent off! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

suckerpuncher
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
9th game in EURO qualifiers - 9th win.
One more win on Tuesday against Belgium to go a perfect 10-for-10.

I know it won't count for anything but still it's abig confidence boost for the team.

Hopefully someone will catch Müller while he kicks himself in the butt like he promised in the postgame interview for not defending against Balta resulting into the goal for Turkey. :lol:

suckerpuncher
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Rooney sent off! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Probably because his father and his uncle are in jail and therefore couldn't pay off the ref. :D

dw13
10-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Probably because his father and his uncle are in jail and therefore couldn't pay off the ref. :D

Or he knew they had money in on the match and he needed to give the other team a chance! :lol: :lol:

suckerpuncher
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Perfect 10-for-10. Spain went 8-for-8.
Unlike the Dutch who blew it. They scored more goals the we did (3 I think) but then again we can't all play San Marion twice. :lol:

Btw. I for once agree with Klinsmann when he says when the US team really wants to improve the MLS needs to play an 11 month season and not just 7 month.

I generally wonder why all sports originating in North America have such a long off-season. Understandable that hockey used to have along offseason due to the weather when it was played outdoors. But nowadays it's played indoors even in cities that rarely never gets temperatures below 0° (Celsius).

While in soccer season starts normally around July, 1st and club competition ends late May. And international qualifiers being played until mid-June.
And every other year there's either the EURO or the WC leaving almost no off-season for the top players. And if you also count the Confed Cup there's only a 1 month off-season once in 4 years for some of the best players. And yet nobody complains.

suckerpuncher
10-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Rooney got a 3 game ban for his red card and will miss all 3 group stage games at the EURO '12. Actually the whole EURO since England won't make it past the group stage anyway.
Now he can stay at home and visit his ffather and uncle in jail more often.

dw13
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
The real question is, did he write his apology letter in Crayon with stick figures? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to take United apart this weekend at Anfield.

Cmon you Mighty Reds!!!

moans
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
The real question is, did he write his apology letter in Crayon with stick figures? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to take United apart this weekend at Anfield.

Cmon you Mighty Reds!!!

Can't wait for Liverpool to get smoked while Suarez is crying to the refs

dw13
10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Can't wait for Liverpool to get smoked while Suarez is crying to the refs

Don't tell me you're a Manc now Mikey :lol:

I'll look forward to coming back here and posting something similar to this:

Luis Suarez Amazing Skill (1080p HD) - YouTube

suckerpuncher
10-14-2011, 05:02 PM
LFC lost a lot of sympathies with LeBron supporting them. And it will be even more after he attends the game this weekend. :D

dw13
10-14-2011, 05:25 PM
LFC lost a lot of sympathies with LeBron supporting them. And it will be even more after he attends the game this weekend. :D

Him and his 1% ownership :p

I have no real beef with the issue. As long as he's respectful, and he's been nothing but.

moans
10-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Don't tell me you're a Manc now Mikey :lol:

I'll look forward to coming back here and posting something similar to this:

Luis Suarez Amazing Skill (1080p HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lal_QLrmSo)

haha nahh, but I HATE Liverpool so I'm always rooting agaisnt them. It's kinda like the Jets in football (just coincidence you like them too :lol:)

dw13
10-14-2011, 06:50 PM
haha nahh, but I HATE Liverpool so I'm always rooting agaisnt them. It's kinda like the Jets in football (just coincidence you like them too :lol:)

Haha. Have you always hated them? Or just cause I'm annoying with them :lol:

dw13
10-15-2011, 06:39 AM
A coward, point playing lineup from Slur Alex.

A fine, attacking lineup from the King.

CMON YOU REDMEN!!!!!

suckerpuncher
10-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Haha. Have you always hated them? Or just cause I'm annoying with them :lol:
Would 50/50 be the correct answer? :D:D:D

dw13
10-15-2011, 08:38 AM
By far the better of the two teams. United took their one chance. Liverpool couldn't take theres.

Unlucky. But not the worst result in the world.

dw13
10-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Steven Gerrard vs Manchester United - Liverpool 1-1 Manchester United - YouTube

Haha. What a class celebration. 5 fingers to the United fans. 5 times! 5 times! :D

suckerpuncher
10-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Interesting news.
Out of the 208 test during the U17 WC in Mexico 109 were positive for Clenbuterol. That result sounds like an average track&field meeting in the Eastern Bloc back in the late 80's. :lol:

Something similar to the latest Gold Cup also played in Mexico. The source is bad meat produced in Mexico so nobody will get banned.

Only 5 teams had no positive tests one of them was Germany who (as always) brought their own cooks and food. So much for being well prepared and paranoid. :D

dw13
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
The Hillsborough debate today was absolutely stunning. Rotheram and Watts. Superb speeches and arguments.

Justice for the 96.

suckerpuncher
10-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Is it BS week, already? A couple of news lately make me really wonder.

Asian and US owners/investors of EPL clubs want to get rid of relegation. Relegation is a big part of any football league worldwide (expect the US of course) and must not be taken away. Otherwise it would make losing meaningless because no matter how bad you play there won't be any consequences at the end of the season.

On a similar game-changing note once again Bernd Peters from Hoffenheim calls for getting rid of the offside rule. Citing back from his time when he worked for the German (ice-)hockey federation and they got rid of the offside rule and the game got better. Even the argument is bad since we all know they didn't got rid of the offside rule but the 2-line passing (redline-offside).
I know there always confusion with active/passive offside, "new situation" etc. and even the best linesman don't have chameleon eyes to have both an eye on the passer and the pass receiver especially on long passes but still getting rid of the offside rule would be way too much of a game changer.

In order to make more money UEFA is considering a "Mini-EURO" ahead of the real EURO with only the winners of the qualifying groups and the host attending.
Since they switch to 24 teams in 2016 the qualifyers aren't gonna be that interesting anymore but still if they'd hold a tournament with only the best teams ahead of the real EURO why should anyone care for the real EURO?

Once again something from everybodes darling Messi. It's once thing if he thinks Maradona was the best player in the world. That's his opinion. But saying he wouldn't even consider Pele because he never saw hm playing and therefore he can't be that good is disrespectful. We all know the history/relation between Argentina and Brazil but still even Messi should show some respect.
At least Pele is handling the situation with some class and doing the same he did with Maradona back in the days and sending Messi a DVD of "Pele Eterno".

Two Bayern fans have been stabbed last night in Napoli. Luckily they weren't seriously injured and have already been released from the hospital. Once again casting a bad light on Italy and their Tifosis.

suckerpuncher
10-18-2011, 06:20 AM
There are allegations of racial attacks by Suarez against Evra. I know nothing has been proven so far but why would Evra make something like that up?

I hope the FA gets to the bottom of this and either clear Suarez' name or punish him. Especially in the light of FIFA and their anti-racism campaings.

dw13
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
There are allegations of racial attacks by Suarez against Evra. I know nothing has been proven so far but why would Evra make something like that up?

I hope the FA gets to the bottom of this and either clear Suarez' name or punish him. Especially in the light of FIFA and their anti-racism campaings.

This is the same guy who has 'cried wolf' before. This is the same guy who led a mutiny at the World Cup. This is the same guy who calls people divers in matches, only to dive 5 minutes later. This is the same guy who waves fake cards around trying to get players carded.

Evra didn't say a word to the ref in the match, nothing. He says the ref 'heard it' but nothing has been acted on? There's no proof of it and Suarez vehemently denies the claim.

I really hope the FA takes a strong action towards Evra, for lying about something like this. Disgusting, but a typical Manc really. I'm sure Slur Alex is right behind him considering his post match comments about Suarez.

moans
10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure the ref heard it as he included it in his ref report or whatever it is. We'll see, for the sake of my BPL fantasy team I hope he plays.

dw13
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the ref heard it as he included it in his ref report or whatever it is. We'll see, for the sake of my BPL fantasy team I hope he plays.

He didn't include it in his ref report. He was made aware of the claim 10 minutes after and then brought it to the FA.

If he had heard it, this would be over with Suarez would be punished already. And hey, if Suarez did it? Punish him, that's awful. I definitely don't think he did though.

suckerpuncher
10-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Brilliant: http://twitpic.com/72apco

suckerpuncher
10-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Is there anybody out there who doesn't like the latest FIFA12 challenge? :lol:
http://t.co/A41w4k13

dw13
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
:lol:

How was the enviroment at the Sao Paulo, sucker? I couldn't watch the match, but I'm sure it was cracking.

Hopefully there was less violence then when Liverpool went there last season.

suckerpuncher
10-18-2011, 05:53 PM
The atmosphere was good but game was really bad. Probably Bayern's worst game of the year.
They had a lot of chances in the first half and missed a penalty in the second half.
And with the exception of the equalizer Napoli had pretty much no chances. In the second half they didn't even had a single shot on goal.
The ref throwing yellow cards left and right didn't really help the flow of the game either.

Worst thing it it really looks that both teams were satisfied with the draw early on in the second half and pretty much stopped attacking. Both took out any pace.
Second half was really ugly to watch.

dw13
10-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I saw the stats post-game. Just mad that Aguero came on to win the match for City, they could really be on the outs if they drew.

moans
10-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Pure domination.

dw13
10-23-2011, 10:40 AM
As I've said for the past 18 months.

The Scum are NOT that good. They can be over run in the midfield, and their defense (granted missing Vidic) is over rated as well.

That being said, City were unplayable on the day. Absolutely rampant.

Money buys you trophies. United have done it, City are doing it.

moans
11-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Fuck Liverpool's gonna cost me my parlay.

dw13
11-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Kenny insistence on playing a rigid 4-4-2, combined with the fact that we simply don't take our chances well enough has been costing us.

Hopefully we'll start to turn it around soon. Chav's 2 times and then Man City, the turn around needs to happen quickly.

moans
11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
If they look like that, Man City will blow you out of the water. Although, Man City doesn't look particularily good so far today.

moans
11-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Kenny insistence on playing a rigid 4-4-2, combined with the fact that we simply don't take our chances well enough has been costing us.

Hopefully we'll start to turn it around soon. Chav's 2 times and then Man City, the turn around needs to happen quickly.

They had a goal waived off and then two great chances after I posted. I guess they tried?

dw13
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
If they look like that, Man City will blow you out of the water. Although, Man City doesn't look particularily good so far today.

What happened at Anfield last season? ;)

suckerpuncher
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I think it's pretty safe to assume we won't be using the 3-5-2 formation anytime soon.

And I know Löw wants to use the friendlies to test out different players and formations but what the first half showed so far is that some players are too important to leave out. Like Lahm and Schweinsteiger (granted he's injured right now).

Now the team needs to show some character in the second half.

suckerpuncher
11-11-2011, 04:44 PM
2nd half was a bit better. Even if the result isn't that important but it was good to see the team come back from a 2 goal deficit and get the draw.

But in all fairness we got lucky. Müller's goal came after a huge mistake by the keeper.
And the Ukraine had a couple of top chances to put the game away for good. But with A lot of luck and a bit of Zieler we got the draw.
But especially the defense was horrific today. Conceding goals twice and allowing some more chances via counter after having an own corner is just bad.

Now one more match against the Dutch on Tuesday. Another performance like that won't cut it that's for sure.

Anyway we'll back in that stadium on July, 1st 2012 and this time we'll win. :cool:

suckerpuncher
11-15-2011, 04:37 PM
This looked a lot like football today. At least from our team. The Dutch never stood a chance.
Both teams were missing 2 key players (Lahm, Schweinsteiger - VdV, Robben) but still no excuse for the performance by the Dutch. They haven't lost by 3 goals since '96.

Very impressive play by us. 3 very nice goals from our team and on defense finally a clean sheet, again. Not even sure if Holland even had a chance to score.

I know it's only a friendly but still right now it looks that if you want to win the EURO you have to go through us. Not impossible but still no picnic, either.
But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and still try to improve the team until next summer.

dw13
11-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Go figure, the FA sides with Manc United and charges Luis Suarez with racial abuse towards Evra.

Show me the fucking evidence that you have. They have none. Siding with the Mancs, who the fuck would of guessed.

The Club is fully backing Suarez who will plead not guilty.

suckerpuncher
11-17-2011, 04:56 AM
What do you want the FA to do? Take the Blatter approach?

Damn, this man is so dumb, ignorant and corrupt and his latest comments show that he clearly needs to get lost.

Let the FA have an investigation and handle the process. And whatever comes of it in the end should be accepted.

dw13
11-17-2011, 07:48 AM
What do you want the FA to do? Take the Blatter approach?

Damn, this man is so dumb, ignorant and corrupt and his latest comments show that he clearly needs to get lost.

Let the FA have an investigation and handle the process. And whatever comes of it in the end should be accepted.

Let the FA handle it? They have CHARGED HIM with racial abused. CHARGED. That means the investigation is over. They have absolutely NO PROOF of it and they've ruined his name, or attempted to. I can't wait until Luis and the club battle this, proof his innocence and sue the fuck out of Evra for crying wolf like he's DONE IN THE PAST.

Disgusting. Slur Alex has the FA in his pockets and it's no surprise.

suckerpuncher
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
The way I read said that there's still no verdict but there will be some sort of trial. And there the FA has to prove he did something. Even the FA has to go by innocent until proven guilty. They can't convict someone without proof. Anything else would undermine their authority.

And if they'd punish Suarez without proof they'd set a precedent which would open a can of worms they don't want to open. Because then every time somebody accuses someone of racial slurs that accused player would get a ban even if he was falsy accused.

And with no hard evidence they at least show by a trial that they take allegations like that seriously even if they can't proove anything.

If I'm wrong about the whole trial then I'm sorry.

But I have to say those stupid remarks by Blatter won't help Suarez, though. Especially considering the Anti-Blatter by the FA.
Can't be really a coincidence that Suarez got charged right after Blatter opened his mouth, can it?

I still think Suarez gets out of it. But if they find any sort of proof during the trial he'll get punished.

suckerpuncher
11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
On a different note ManU signing a 5-yo which they scouted since he was 3 is just ridiculous.

dw13
11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I still think Suarez gets out of it. But if they find any sort of proof during the trial he'll get punished.

The way you put it is the reason why the Mancs ALWAYS get their way with the FA. Gets out of it? If he didn't DO ANYTHING, he doesn't 'get out of it' he is innocent. Period.

There is absolutely NO evidence, and the 'trial' has been going on. He's now been charged, which is just like with the law system, they say they have 'some proof' he racially abused him. He's charged, not convicted, but it's still completely bogus. You can't charge without proof. They did.

Which is complete rubbish and I'm glad the club is completely behind him. At worst he used the term 'Negrita' which in Uruguay and most SA countries is a term of endearment and has NOTHING to do with skin color.

I hope when he's found innocent he sues the FA, Evra and Slur Alex for defamation. Absolutely disgusting but it's to be expect, after all the FA is in Slur Alex's pocket.

dw13
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Poyet slams 'cry baby' Evra over racism claim
Poyet said: “I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything, because I was from South America.

“And I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone said something to me.”

Poyet accepts his fellow countryman’s explanation that anything he said to Evra had no racist intent.

“I believe Luis Suarez. It’s simple,” he said.

The Brighton manager is concerned that the FA appears to have sided with Evra rather than Suarez on what he considers the flimsiest of evidence.

“I’m surprised, in a really sad way, that he’s been charged,” Poyet added. “I think it’s worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

“I’m sad, because it’s going to become too easy. I can make a complaint about any opposition manager, and if I take it as far as I can, he’s going to get charged.

“Why are we going to take one person’s word over another one’s? It’s too risky.”

Get the fuck in Gus.

dw13
11-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Man City have announced annual losses of £194.9 million, which is the highest ever recorded in English football.

But yet they'll buy whoever they want still.

Can the Fair Play rules actually be enforced, please?

dw13
11-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Marco Reus is sensational. Sucks that he'll be off to Bayern. ;)

suckerpuncher
11-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Plan is Reus for the 2012 season and Götze for the 2013 season.

With Reus coming in it might be the end for Robben. He normally misses half of the season anyway and like we saw today once he's back there's too much focus on him from both his teammates and the opponent. Bayern played actually better the last couple of games with Robben sidelined. But the again he wasn't at 100% today.
Don't get me wrong it's nice to have him especially in big games and he's a special player and difference maker but you just can't count on him being healthy.

On a related note there was a special on him and why has all those muscle injuries. To make it short normally someone needs at least 4 strides to stop from top speed and Robben usually stops after just 2 strides putting way too much stress on his muscles. Hard to get that out of him.

dw13
11-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I love Marco Reus dearly. Want him at Liverpool so bad.

suckerpuncher
11-19-2011, 03:59 PM
From what I hear he feels like he's too young to leave the country. And with one of the international giants right at his door there's no need to leave Germany.

dw13
11-19-2011, 04:46 PM
From what I hear he feels like he's too young to leave the country. And with one of the international giants right at his door there's no need to leave Germany.

Yeah, I don't doubt it. Was just saying I'd love him. Gladbach is my German team and I absolutely love him.

suckerpuncher
11-19-2011, 05:48 PM
If you really love Reus you might get smart next year and become a Bayern fan. :lol:

dw13
11-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Gladbach has long past roots connected with Liverpool somewhat, so that's why I picked them.

Just so happened Reus is outstanding. Screw Bayern! :lol:

dw13
11-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Could it of been a more perfect finish?

Ladyboy Torres comes on, Glen Johnson with a superb solo winner.

Fuck off Chelsea.

dw13
11-22-2011, 04:38 PM
City lose.

All that money and they won't make it out of the group stage.

Shame. ;)

suckerpuncher
11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
They have still a small chance. But not only does Napoli has to get a draw at best but they also have to beat Bayern who can sit back and wait for City to make the game and then Bayern can play there quick counter-attacking game they like.
And even if Bayern has the first place locked up and have nothing to play for (except the €800.000 for a win by the UEFA) they won't just hand the game to City.

Btw. great game by Kroos and Ribery today.

dw13
11-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I like the look of Kroos.

suckerpuncher
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Take a good look, Arsenal fans. That's as close as you'll ever gonna get to Götze.

dw13
11-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Take a good look, Arsenal fans. That's as close as you'll ever gonna get to Götze.

:lol:

Winger72
11-24-2011, 09:58 AM

I'm just happy we're finally winning.

dw13
11-24-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm just happy we're finally winning.

Van Persie. Out-of-this world.

moans
11-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Van Persie. Out-of-this world.

My fantasy team agrees. I've had him for like 5 weeks and the lowest point total he's put up is 18. He's on a sickening pace.

dw13
11-24-2011, 09:55 PM
My fantasy team agrees. I've had him for like 5 weeks and the lowest point total he's put up is 18. He's on a sickening pace.

Best striker in the world on current form, really.

And no, sucker, I don't want to hear that donkey Gomez in this conversation :lol:

suckerpuncher
11-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Best striker in the world on current form, really.

And no, sucker, I don't want to hear that donkey Gomez in this conversation :lol:
You're just jealous that everyone at Bayern was smarter than van Gaal and didn't let Gomez end up @Anfield. :D:D:D

His numbers since last season speak for themselves.

dw13
11-25-2011, 11:05 AM
You're just jealous that everyone at Bayern was smarter than van Gaal and didn't let Gomez end up @Anfield. :D:D:D

His numbers since last season speak for themselves.

He's no where near Robin Van Persie's class.

He's a donkey.

I still wouldn't take him at Liverpool. How about that for his numbers? :lol:

suckerpuncher
11-25-2011, 12:57 PM
You're probably right about not wanting him in Liverpool. Even I can't remember the last time they got a striker of world class level. :p ;)