PDA

View Full Version : Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

dw13
12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Well Rafa has been sacked, via e-mail from the Inter secretary. What a fucking load. The man does not deserve that. He brought them TWO trophies, and then they sack him? Moratti is piece of shit.

Anywho, Rafa's back in Merseyside. Hopefully he can take a break, his name has taken a unfair battering over the past 12 months.

NESV has the pressure on them now, with a world class manager dying to manager Liverpool right down the road.

Here's Rafa bringing the Sky Sporter a Cuppa tea this morning at his home in Liverpool.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1429/photopd.jpg

suckerpuncher
12-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Wow, 2 absolutely crazy games in Stuttgart.
First the 5-3 win on Sunday in the last league match of the year and now a 6-3 win last night in the Cup match.
Bayern blew a 2-0 and 3-2 lead last night but still managed to get away with the win.
An 8 goal game followed by a 9 goal game is just crazy. What are the odds of that happening?
The defense was once again pretty much not existing though and something clearly needs to happen during the winter break.

But he biggest thing was probably Schweinsteiger showing some greatness and asking the ref to take back the second yellow to Boulahrouz. It was clearly a foul deserving a booking and it was a close 3-2 game at that point.
In the end the ref didn't took it back and Boulahrouz was sent off but still you almost never see something like this. A player asking the ref not to sent off an opposing player. In a tight game nonetheless. That's classy.

dw13
12-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a few good games, and good on Bastien for doing that. Real class.

suckerpuncher
12-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Looks like Baines won't leave Everton. Add him to the list of English players who don't want to leave the island.
So it's back to Coentrao. Seems like Benfica needs some money since they don't insist on the €30 mio. fee but would probably settle for around €20 mio.

Btw. Did you hear anything about the rumor that Roy wants to buy Huth to replace the injured Carragher?

dw13
12-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Looks like Baines won't leave Everton. Add him to the list of English players who don't want to leave the island.
So it's back to Coentrao. Seems like Benfica needs some money since they don't insist on the €30 mio. fee but would probably settle for around €20 mio.

Btw. Did you hear anything about the rumor that Roy wants to buy Huth to replace the injured Carragher?

I really want Coentrao, too. But that's a lot of money for a full back who hasn't done it all that long.

Doesn't matter what Roy wants anymore. Comolli was brought here to be the transfer guy. After Roy's buys of Konchesky and Poulsen (also putting him on a 4-year contract) Roy doesn't have the last say on anything.

I did hear about it. I laughed my ass off.

There are rumors that we have a deal for Keisuke Honda agreed upon. I don't know how much I like it. I really like him as a player but not sure if he fits in with us. I think he's best behind the striker and we have many of those types of players. That said, he can also play a bit deeper in the center midfield + his jersey sales of course.

suckerpuncher
12-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Jersey sales will only be good if he gets a chance to play but I doubt he'll get much of a chance.

Talking about Japanese player probably the biggest diamond in the rough this year was Dortmund's Shinji Kagawa. They got him for €350.000 and within half a year he's one of their best player, got his "own" media crew following him (crazy Japanese media ;) ), is now worth at least €5 mio. and of course his jersey sales very well.

If it would be always that easy to find a young gem for such a low price. :D

dw13
12-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Jersey sales will only be good if he gets a chance to play but I doubt he'll get much of a chance.

Talking about Japanese player probably the biggest diamond in the rough this year was Dortmund's Shinji Kagawa. They got him for €350.000 and within half a year he's one of their best player, got his "own" media crew following him (crazy Japanese media ;) ), is now worth at least €5 mio. and of course his jersey sales very well.

If it would be always that easy to find a young gem for such a low price. :D

Jersey sales would be instant over in Japan. As soon as he put pen to paper at Liverpool. It'd be like Ji Sung with United. And surely, Honda would get his chance to play. He's a very good player. He can play off the striker, deeper in the midfield and also as an inside winger/forward. He would atleast get the chance to prove himself if signed, especially in such a weak Liverpool side.

I got to see Kagawa not too long ago and he does look a good player. That's extremely cheap to get someone like him.

I'd welcome Barrios from Dortmund in a heartbeat as a second striker.

dw13
12-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Reports that Huth to Liverpool are actually true and it will happen.

NESV will ruin their good will very quickly with signings like that.

dw13
12-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Reports that Huth to Liverpool are actually true and it will happen.

NESV will ruin their good will very quickly with signings like that.

Paul Tomkins saves us LFC fans from jumping off the cliff. Says its not true. :)

dw13
12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Not only did we just lose at home to the bottom of the table team, we were completely taken apart. We offered absolutely nothing. Players playing out of position, wrong selections. Roy just doesn't get it.

Then at the 90th minute he is joking and laughing with the 4th official on camera?

Absolutely shocking. 20 years of following this club and I've seen us hit rock bottom. It doesn't get any worse then this.

If NESV doesn't fire him in the morning, I've lost all hope for them as well.

dw13
12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, Roy proceeded to have a dig at the fans last night after the match. Pretty much dug his own grave and there is no way back from where he has gone. His football, his attitude and his thoughts, not good enough. He has to go, and soon. Hopefully for King Kenny to caretake, and then in the Summer really give a go at the likes of Villas-Boas. Really fits the bill for what FSG are looking for. Really a question now of if someone like Villas-Boas would leave his post to pick up the pieces at LFC.

suckerpuncher
12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
What's the hold up? Don't they want to fire Roy or why is he still there?

If they want to get rid of him right now is the best opportunity. With the January transfer window around the corner it's probably the best time for a new coach. He can get a player or two for his system.

Nothing is worse than firing a coach after the January transfer windows is closed especially if the old coach got some new players which are useless for the new coaches system. So the new coachs gets screwed twice.

Not sure what van Gaal thinks but I really doubt that Gustavo would be really well suited to play left back until the end of the year once he gets over any day now. He played the position before and is verstile but still it's a complete waste of his talents.

Former Bayern great Lizarazu urges the team to buy Coentrao now even if he can't play in the UCL this season. Given the fact that Liza himself was a great left back back in his days he should be able judge talent at that position.
The good "old" days when Lizarazu and Sagnol where the two backs for Bayern. :cool:

dw13
12-31-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure. They keep saying they don't want to make "short-term decisions" so I guess they really don't want to give Kenny the job. Which is a real bummer. I'd imagine they are trying to line up who they want. Rijkaard is the only one that's available and you'd imagine if they liked him enough before they would of already made the move.

I really have no idea what they are doing but I've read that Roy is really on his last legs and it's just a matter of time. I don't understand it either, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt atleast they have addressed it and they know Roy isn't it.

Comolli will be in charge of the transfers, I'll trust him with that. Although we had Sylvian Marveaux locked up for 1.5m and he was at the game vs. Wolves and rumored to have now declined coming because of how bad we are. :lol:

Can't blame him. We are truly in a relegation battle.

suckerpuncher
01-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm almost inclined to say Odemwingie missed that penalty against ManU on purpose.
You can't miss by that much without trying. :lol:

dw13
01-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm almost inclined to say Odemwingie missed that penalty against ManU on purpose.
You can't miss by that much without trying. :lol:

Luckiest fucking team in the world.

suckerpuncher
01-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Talk about lucky. First Bolton gets denied a handball penalty and a couple of minutes later Cole looks to be clearly offsides and still the goal counts.

dw13
01-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Talk about lucky. First Bolton gets denied a handball penalty and a couple of minutes later Cole looks to be clearly offsides and still the goal counts.

Did you decide to watch just snippets of the game? Or what?

We were denied a clear handball as well in the box earlier in the half. Even more clear then that.

Maxi was off, not Cole. Liverpool has had no luck over the past 24 months either way.

Nothing lucky about it. Completely deserved 3 points. Good start to the year.

Gerrard and the fans, pure inspiration.

dw13
01-01-2011, 12:19 PM
PS: Didn't mean to sound like a prick, SP. We were denied a stonewall peno in the second half, they scored in the first half completely against the run of play and I thought we were by far the better team on the day. We really haven't had much luck in the past 18 years, and even if Cole was slightly offside, to me it seemed like a just result for us.

suckerpuncher
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
No problem. It wouldn't be soccer if we couldn't start a riot. :D

Actually they didn't show the whole Liverpool game but rather a conference with all live games where they switch from game to game every 5-10 minutes or when something importent (goal, penalty sent off etc.) happens. So from what I saw the impression actually was that Liverpool got lucky.

dw13
01-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Fair enough.

Daniel Agger deserves as much credit as Steven Gerrard on the day. Agger has such wonderful distribution from the back, composed and a great read of the game. If he's sold off in January, I'll be disgusted. He's our best defender, our only true world class defender.

dw13
01-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Rumors that Elia has been spotted at the Liverpool Mariott with some FSG reps and he was at Anfield today.

Would welcome the signing. You've seen a bit of him right, SP?

suckerpuncher
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Indeed I have. Very good player on the left wing. His numbers aren't very good this year since he missed about 6 weeks with an injury but he's very talented and has what it takes to succeed.

There have been rumors about Liverpool being interested in him for over a year. Half a year ago it was rumored he should be swapped with Babel.
But this time it looks like it's something more than just a rumor. If he really goes to Liverpool he won't be cheap though since he still has some years left on his contract. I'd assume it would take a fee of around €20 mio. Maybe even closer to €25 mio since Hamburg isn't in any need to sell him.

And if he comes Babel will most likely be sold, won't he? He has been rumored to be on his way out of Liverpool for quite some time now.

dw13
01-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Indeed I have. Very good player on the left wing. His numbers aren't very good this year since he missed about 6 weeks with an injury but he's very talented and has what it takes to succeed.

There have been rumors about Liverpool being interested in him for over a year. Half a year ago it was rumored he should be swapped with Babel.
But this time it looks like it's something more than just a rumor. If he really goes to Liverpool he won't be cheap though since he still has some years left on his contract. I'd assume it would take a fee of around €20 mio. Maybe even closer to €25 mio since Hamburg isn't in any need to sell him.

And if he comes Babel will most likely be sold, won't he? He has been rumored to be on his way out of Liverpool for quite some time now.

From the sources I know, I've heard £7m and £5m + Babel. That's probably all not true but they've been saying it's a really low price for him. I've always thought he was very talented, really quick but still lacks a bit of an end product (cross). I'll take him over Babel, who has been nothing but a failure thus far.

Yeah, Babel is going to be sold. Probably in a swap deal this summer for someone that we like. Babel has immense natural talent but he lacks work ethic and a true position IMO. He says he's a striker, he's not. He's been played in the midfield, it doesn't look right. He could do well somewhere else I think.

PS: It's being reported that Hodgson will indeed be fired for King Kenny as the caretaker. A move for Owen Coyle in the summer is being brought about as well.

dw13
01-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Submitting myself to an insane asylum.

suckerpuncher
01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Why again is Roy still the coach?
The fans really let Roy know how they feel today again.

Btw. here in Germany there's an old supersticion that tsays that the guy who got fouled should never take the penalty. And more often than you see why. Like today.

I think The Sun speculated some days ago about guys who should take over LFC. Some interesting names like Hiddink but also 2 German coaches with Rangnick and Klopp. I doubt Klopp would leave Dortmund right now and he's still under contract until at least 2013 but Ragnick just quit after Hoffenheim's president pretty much sold Gustavo not only against Rangnick's wish but also without even involving him in the process.

dw13
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Why again is Roy still the coach?
The fans really let Roy know how they feel today again.

Btw. here in Germany there's an old supersticion that tsays that the guy who got fouled should never take the penalty. And more often than you see why. Like today.

I think The Sun speculated some days ago about guys who should take over LFC. Some interesting names like Hiddink but also 2 German coaches with Rangnick and Klopp. I doubt Klopp would leave Dortmund right now and he's still under contract until at least 2013 but Ragnick just quit after Hoffenheim's president pretty much sold Gustavo not only against Rangnick's wish but also without even involving him in the process.

I don't know why Roy is the coach. He has no one's backing anymore. NESV is losing alot of support, very quickly. If he isn't gone in the morning, I don't know if they will even have any support. I'm really scared of Sunday if Roy is our manager. We could hit an all time low at OT.

Gerrard should always take the peno. Missed it on purpose if you ask me. :lol:

Klopp would be a lovely hire but I know he won't leave right now, if ever (maybe for the German national team?). Rangnick is a name being talked about and it isn't a bad shout. He gives his youth a real chance, he plays attractive football. He's had bad stints elsewhere though. He's an outsider.

Hiddink loves Chelsea + too tied down to Turkey to take the job.

Dalglish as caretaker, then go for a boss in the summer. I think people forget how successful Kenny was as a manager, though.

My heart hurts so bad right now. :\

Edit: Truly in a relegation battle as long as Roy is here. I'm very scared for our future.

suckerpuncher
01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
The thing with Klopp becoming the next coach of our national squad is pretty much a domino effect.
Löw isn't commited to stay longer than the EURO 2012 and is probably looking to get back to coach a club on day-to-day basis. And already recommended Klopp (or Tuchel from Mainz) as his successor.
But what will also play a big part part is if van Gaal stays at Bayern after the 2011/2012 season or if he wants to chase his dream and become either a national coach for one of the big countries or the big boss at Ajax.

If van Gaal leaves Löw most likely will take over Bayern (he should be a much better choice than the Diver ;) ) and then Klopp most likely will become the national coach since I doubt van Gaal will get the job as Germany's coach.

But a lot of things will happen until the Summer of 2012 so who knows what the situation wil be by then.

dw13
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Presser called for tomorrow at 10am. Surely the end of Roy.

dw13
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Absolutely shocked he hasn't been sacked. I just hope their working on a compensation package and he'll be gone before Sunday. I really fear for us on Sunday if Roy is in charge.

I also can't believe some of the past players for Liverpool coming out in support of Roy. What is there to support? The game has clearly passed the old man.

Fuck. :\

dw13
01-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Sucker. How up are you on Bayern's youth system, and their prospects?

Fabian Hurzeler was called into USA camp and has caught my eye. He's in the Bayern system, he's lived in Germany his whole life. Seen him before?

suckerpuncher
01-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Not very much.
I know Hürzeler was born in the States but both of his parents are Germans.
He's a pretty versatile player on offense and can play both midfielder and striker. He made the jump to the 2nd team at a very young age so they must see something in him even though he doesn't play a lot right now.

He might consider a federation switch so he can play for the US team since he has already played for the German U16 and U17 national teams but wasn't invited to the U19 team so far.
But he does decide to switch he can't go back.

To my knowledge he hasn't filed for a switch so far. Maybe he's just trying to see how things would go if he does. If he things he's good enough to play one day for the German national squad he won't switch.
Similar to Jermaine Jones I guess.

suckerpuncher
01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
You must be really brave now, d13. Please don't start crying. :sadwave:

I just read Roy got sacked and Kenny is taking over on interim basis until the end of the year. He'll be on the bench tomorrow in the FA Cup game already.

dw13
01-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Fucking right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Old man is out and the King is back in. I can't be any more excited. Lets go thrash the scum tomorrow at the Old Toilet!!!!!

On cloud nine at the moment. :D:D:D:D:D

suckerpuncher
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Are you happy enough to drink a warm English beer? :beer::lol:

Just read that Freddy Adu is working out with Ingolstadt (2nd to last in the 2nd Bundesliga) and is hoping to get a contract.
How the mighty have fallen.

dw13
01-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm so excited at the moment. Atleast tomorrow, regardless of the result, fans and players will be united for the first time in a long time. I'm ready to see some attacking football, some passion from the players and fans alike and start to atleast get back to the mindset that makes LFC the greatest club in the world.

YNWA!!

(Also, thanks for that about the youngster from Germany coming to the USA camp, SP)

dw13
01-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I saw that about Adu. Shame that he was brought up the way he was. Had(has?) some real talent.

I keep reading about that Hurzeler kid, SP. Sounds like he's making an impact and it sounds like the hopes are for him to play in the U-20 WC in 2013

suckerpuncher
01-08-2011, 11:58 AM
What worries me a bit is the fact that he's giving up so early playing for Germany.
He has pretty much no ties with the USA except for being born there. Might also be hard for him fitting in.

dw13
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
As if anyone else needed more proof that Howard Webb is in Sir Alex's pocket? Two rash decisions. Both going United's way.

1-0 at half time. Down to 10 men. A mountain to climb. Virtually 12 vs 10!

dw13
01-09-2011, 10:32 AM
First time I think ever, a loss to the Mancs and I can say I'm proud of the boys. We outplayed them. We played 12 vs. 10. We played 1 to 0 to start the game pretty much.

Howard Webb should be ashamed of himself. Disgusting performance on his part. Making himself the star of the match.

Kenny set us up how we should play every time out! High pressure. Pass and move. His subs were vital. Even took off Torres for being shit.

Go on Reds.

Edit: I think the Gerrard red card can be justified. An absolutely shit decision from him. I thought initially it was a poor red but after many looks, it was a rash challenge from the captain.

dw13
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Lio Messi won the Ballon d'Or. Best player in the world. No doubt about it for me.

suckerpuncher
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Can't believe they voted that choke artist.

He sucked during the WC when he finally had the chance show his talent to the whole world. And it can't all be blamed on Maradona.
He scored a bunch of goals but in the Primera Division but let's face it the Primera Divsion is a 2 team league where Barca and Real are head and shoulder above anyone else. Now probably even more than ever. In the last 26 seasons only 4 times neither Real or Barca won the league.
And he didn't even lead the FC Barcelona to win the UCL.

Runner-ups Xavi and Iniesta at least won the WC.

dw13
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM

He sucked during the WC when he finally had the chance show his talent to the whole world. And it can't all be blamed on Maradona.
He scored a bunch of goals but in the Primera Division but let's face it the Primera Divsion is a 2 team league where Barca and Real are head and shoulder above anyone else. Now probably even more than ever. In the last 26 seasons only 4 times neither Real or Barca won the league.

Rafa! Rafael! Rafa! Rafael Benitez! :D

suckerpuncher
01-16-2011, 05:06 AM
New year - same old bullshit.

Once again enough chances to score at least 5 goals but in the end one mistake and the game ends in a tie. :rolleyes:
And of course as soon as Robben gets healthy Ribery gets hurt. :\

I might be wrong but I think Bayern has now missed 6 out of their last 9 penalties. :confused:
That's just horrible. It can't be that hard to find some who can consistantly score from the spot. Is this the Dutch factor? :lol:

dw13
01-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Derby day. Cmon Liverpool!!

dw13
01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Belter of a match. Some positives to take away, some negatives that we already knew. (Skrtel not good enough).

dw13
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Sounds like we are really making a strong push for Suarez now. Would be a great signing that.

suckerpuncher
01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
I also heard you're interested in signing van Bommel.

dw13
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I also heard you're interested in signing van Bommel.

I did as well but not sure how true it is. It's obvious NESV has a plan and that's to sign younger footballers that have potential to grow into even better players. VB obviously doesn't fit that build but then again, he could do a job for us. You know more then anyone and definitely me, how much longer do you think he has?

suckerpuncher
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
He missed quite some time with an injury this season and since he's back he isn't the same. And for some reason he made it to van Gaal's doghouse even though he Dutch. But then again the whole team is plaing bad right now.

But van Bommel helped Schweinsteiger to grow into his role and he did a great job. And he himself plans to play at least until the EURO 2012. So I think he should still be a good player for the next year and a half. He surely won't be just handed a spot in the Duch team so he has something to prove.

His style of play (not only because of his on-field aggression) wasn't suited for a team like Barca where he clearly didn't fit. But since he came to Bayern he did very well and he should be able to continue that in England.

If you need an aggressive defensive midfielder with a lot of experience who can also help a young guy to develop into that role he's a pretty good option.

Bayern is already looking for a replacement. The latest name I heard is M'Vila from Stades Rennes. But then again there are so many names going around right now. Who knows.

dw13
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah we've been linked with M'Vila as well. I know we've sent scouts.

CayugaPosse
01-17-2011, 10:33 PM

I don't know how much of this rant I agree with, and I qualify what I'm going to say with the fact that Lionel Messi is without a doubt the best player in the world today.

That said, the Ballon d'Or, in my opinion, should have been won by Wesley Sneijder. He was arguably the star of the World Cup, and Inter won everything last year, and he was voted best midfielder during the Champions League.

Frankly I don't even know that you can state a case for anyone else outside of "Messi scored lots of goals", which as the rant above pointed out, negates just how weak Primera is as a league.

So ya, I do think Messi probably is the best player in the world right now, but last year completely belonged to Sneijder, and it's criminal he didn't win.

dw13
01-17-2011, 10:36 PM
People other then me and sucker look at this thread? :lol:

phaneuf6
01-18-2011, 12:59 AM
People other then me and sucker look at this thread? :lol:

Fuck you! :lol: I've been reading! Too much Liverpool whining nonsense. I hear it from my roommate all day, I don't need more of it here too! They're shite, deal with it!

dw13
01-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Fuck you! :lol: I've been reading! Too much Liverpool whining nonsense. I hear it from my roommate all day, I don't need more of it here too! They're shite, deal with it!

Can't deny that. :\

Luis Suarez deal sounds like it could include Babel who would be open to a move back to Ajax. I'd be extremely pleased to get rid of the guy.

Edit: We've accepted a bid from Hoffenheim. Lets hope that money is used to go get Suarez now.

dw13
01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Andy Gray has been fired by SkySports. I'm so happy. The man is just a moron. Now he's a sexist pig. Oh for old times sake:

YouTube - Andy Gray says "Game well and truly over" at half-time of Istanbul Champions League Final 2005
:rolleyes:

suckerpuncher
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
So he's pretty much soccer's Steve Phillips? :$ :lol:

Van Bommel is off to Milan for free.

And Babel is now pretty much a done deal with Hoffenheim for roughly €8 mio. Any idea how Liverpool will burn this money now?

dw13
01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
So he's pretty much soccer's Steve Phillips? :$ :lol:

Van Bommel is off to Milan for free.

And Babel is now pretty much a done deal with Hoffenheim for roughly €8 mio. Any idea how Liverpool will burn this money now?

Haha. Andy Gray might even be worse then Phillips :lol: Great comparison.

I'd have to imagine it'll be tossed into the push for Suarez. I know there is a lot of BS going around in the media but I think at the end of the day it's going to happen. Not the biggest fan of Suarez but he has the ability to succeed here and be a great linkup player with Torres.

b_illin
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Andy Gray has been fired by SkySports. I'm so happy. The man is just a moron. Now he's a sexist pig. Oh for old times sake:

YouTube - Andy Gray says "Game well and truly over" at half-time of Istanbul Champions League Final 2005 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muc-HOkvRHc&feature=player_embedded)
:rolleyes:

Haha, I remember that...then Smicer got things started in the 2nd half! Ah, the good ol'days!

dw13
01-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Haha, I remember that...then Smicer got things started in the 2nd half! Ah, the good ol'days!

It was Gerrard with the first :D but yeah, a night I'll never forget.

b_illin
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Was it Stevie with the first one? I thought it was Smicer, then him , then Chavi I think....then penalties and we won. I remember I had PVR'ed it and hurried home after work...almost deleted it at the half, but decided to fast forward a bit to see what happened. They score, I watched the rest of the game in real time...I flipped out when they won...I think my whole street must have heard me. Best comeback I think I've ever seen after that Jets/Dolphins game on MNF a decade or so ago.

PS: I can't believe Gray and Keys got sacked for that shit - they didn't really say anything that bad and it was not as if they did it live...whoever leaked those tapes is a dick.

dw13
01-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Was it Stevie with the first one? I thought it was Smicer, then him , then Chavi I think....then penalties and we won. I remember I had PVR'ed it and hurried home after work...almost deleted it at the half, but decided to fast forward a bit to see what happened. They score, I watched the rest of the game in real time...I flipped out when they won...I think my whole street must have heard me. Best comeback I think I've ever seen after that Jets/Dolphins game on MNF a decade or so ago.

PS: I can't believe Gray and Keys got sacked for that shit - they didn't really say anything that bad and it was not as if they did it live...whoever leaked those tapes is a dick.

Gerrard scored off a Riise header. I have the road to Istanbul on DVD. I've watched it minimum 50 times. Then Smicer, then Xabi.

You can't believe they got sacked? Bunch sexiest pigs. Andy Gray is a piece of shit as is, I'm so fucking happy I don't have to listen to him before and after Liverpool games now.

b_illin
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Gerrard scored off a Riise header. I have the road to Istanbul on DVD. I've watched it minimum 50 times. Then Smicer, then Xabi.

You can't believe they got sacked? Bunch sexiest pigs. Andy Gray is a piece of shit as is, I'm so fucking happy I don't have to listen to him before and after Liverpool games now.

I might not have torn into the female ref's, but I'd definitely be the guy saying 'you'd smash it' to a buddy in that kind of scenario. (the one where the four of them are all sitting around shooting the shit...I can only assume the camera wasn't supposed to be rolling)

dw13
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I might not have torn into the female ref's, but I'd definitely be the guy saying 'you'd smash it' to a buddy in that kind of scenario. (the one where the four of them are all sitting around shooting the shit...I can only assume the camera wasn't supposed to be rolling)

Unacceptable. Camera not supposed to be rolling or not. That isn't an excuse for being a sick pig. They're professionals, not amateurs. Gray asking the Sky presenter if she could "tuck this in" is fucking ridiculous.

To add on to it the female linesmen got the offside RIGHT but it was in Liverpools favor so you know Gray is going to say it was wrong.

Worthless fuck.

dw13
01-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Chelsea have bid 35-40m for Torres.

LFC said fuck off.

CayugaPosse
01-27-2011, 10:59 PM

When you work in a news environment, best to be nice. Apparantly Gray was an unimaginably obnoxious dickhead who treated everyone under him like absolute shit, so guess what? They just fucked your life up.

Not saying what they did was right, just saying, you treat people like shit, they're liable to snap. It's pretty common in TV scenarios, someone doesn't like someone, and intentionally does something to make them look bad.

dw13
01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
We got Suarez!!!

There are whispers of Torres considering Chelsea but I don't think so! Not after this! :D

Suarez!!

dw13
01-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Rumors now saying Torres has verbally requested a transfer... I really won't know what to say if it's true. I refuse to believe it right now until it's brought to the truth...

b_illin
01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Fuck, I hope not! If he does, they can't send him to another EPL team I would think...Real Madrid?

dw13
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Fuck, I hope not! If he does, they can't send him to another EPL team I would think...Real Madrid?

It sounds (if true) that he is set on a move to Chelsea. Which would be a huge stab in the back after everything he's said and done for this club. We are THREE days until the close of the window and now he says he wants out? The latest offer is 40m and Sturridge. I'd tell them 55m and Sturridge and then fuck Torres off to the plastic flag waving shits.

No, he would never go to Madrid. Grew up at Athleti and hates him.

Barca doesn't seemingly need him, but they admire him. They also buy people they don't need all the time, just like Masch.

Please come out and rubbish these reports tomorrow, Torres. (unlikely) :cry:

b_illin
01-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I hope he stays...if he and Suarez can find a way to play well together, than there should be a lot of offense those two + Stevie, Kuyt & Meireles!

:fingersx:

dw13
01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
I hope he stays...if he and Suarez can find a way to play well together, than there should be a lot of offense those two + Stevie, Kuyt & Meireles!

:fingersx:

If it's true he wants out. He's a backstabber and a liar. I really hope he comes out tomorrow and rubbish's all these rumors.

In the summer Chelsea wanted him and he said no. Back then we had H+G and Hodgson. Now we have money, owners and King Kenny. Makes NO sense to me.

They've got plastic flags:

http://visualrian.com/storage/PreviewWM/3136/76/313676.jpg

The grass is not always greener Fernando. But if he wants to leave... Fuck off. Simple as that!

dw13
01-28-2011, 04:47 PM
The club has confirmed Torres wants to leave. The club does not want to sell though.

suckerpuncher
01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Isn't there a difference between a player wanting to listen to an offer and a player wanting to leave anymore?

It's his right to listen if another big club asks for his service. Especially considering he'll more than likely not play in the UCL next year. And wo knows how long rebuilding will take for Liverpool considering there are more teams fighting for the 4 UCL spots than ever before.

I understand it sucks if you are a fan but you have to understand one thing. It's a business more than anything. Tradition and history or loyalty are not more than shallow words. What counts at the end of the day is the paycheck.
Pretty much in all of sports the players are often nothing more than mercenaries offering their services to the highest bidder.

Like Hoeness said after the the new deal with Schweinsteiger. Everyone who thinks he stayed because he likes the club that much and because he grew up there is a dreamer and sadly mistaken. He is pretty much the highest paid player in Germany now and also in the top group internationally and that's what counts and nothing else.

Sorry if I had to burst your romantic bubble but that's the stone cold truth.

dw13
01-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Fair enough. That's not how I see it.

He's requesting a move to a rival English club. He's said time after time again he would never do it and said time and time again he's happy and loves Liverpool.

I hope tomorrow the owners force him to say it to the fans faces that he's not happy anymore and wants out.

Then he can fuck off to Chelsea for 50m and we'll move on.

They're not in any better position right now. When Roman leaves them, and when the fairplay rules take place they'll be fucked. They have no youth as is, they are already showing signs of struggling.

Whatever. We'll be fine regardless. Hope tomorrow he rubbishes this shit though, even though it's very unlikely.

dw13
01-28-2011, 06:42 PM
He's officially submitted a transfer request and we've denied it.

b_illin
01-28-2011, 08:39 PM
He's going to get roasted by the fans in the kop

phaneuf6
01-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Good on Torres for recognizing the trainwreck that is Liverpool and wanting out.

dw13
01-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Good on Torres for recognizing the trainwreck that is Liverpool and wanting out.

I know you're just trying to egg me on but Liverpool at the current times are far from a trainwreck. This isn't the same LFC as it was in the summer.

Money being injected into the squad, owners with a plan that's been laid out and put into motion already, a coach who knows the club in and out and is one of the best around, fans who will always be behind the club and one of the best youth academies (Thanks Rafa) in all of England/possibly Europe now.

Squad still needs some strengthening but it will be done.

It's a matter of time before Liverpool is back in the top 4. With or without Fernando Torres.

dw13
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
The next couple hours are going to be madness.

Torres is heading to Chelsea to complete the deal. They're going to pay him 200k a week salary.

We've put in a bid of 35m for Andy Carroll. A bit of an over payment but I'd definitely welcome him.

We've also put in a bid for Ashley Young that doesn't seem like it's going to be accepted...

b_illin
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Torres=Tosser

dw13
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Absolute madness right now.

Torres heading to Chelsea to complete his medical ahead of a 50m move.

Carroll heading to Liverpool to complete his medical ahead of a 35m move.

Adam heading to Liverpool to complete his medical ahead of 6-10m move.

Ashley Young next?? Can't be so, can it?

dw13
01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Unbelievable some of the comments Torres made.

We really thought he was what Liverpool was all about and he completely showed differently. Incredible.

Welcome Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez. Our modern day Toshack and Keegan, lets hope.

b_illin
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
"I am joining a team that is at the top level. There is not another level after Chelsea. I am joining with big names like [John] Terry, [Frank] Lampard, [Didier] Drogba and [Nicolas] Anelka and I can be part of this great team."

Fuck off you little Spanish flit!

dw13
02-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, just disgusting comments from Torres. In his interview on ChelseaTV, he didn't even look happy. He didn't once crack a smile, his shoulders were held low and he was talking really monotone. I really don't think he believes he made the right move. And he now knows the people who once loved him and sung his name at the top of their lungs hate him.

Also, an unnamed player at Liverpool said Torres from the beginning of the season was really disliked in the locker room.

suckerpuncher
02-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Frankly, what else should he say? The truth?
Chelsea pays him more and he has a chance to play in the UCL next year and leave the disappointing year for himself and Liverpool behind?

And of course now some other players come out and say bad stuff about. And I don't even care if what's said is wrong or right but it shows a lack of character if you say those things now after someone is gone and not while he was there. If you have something to say then be a man and say it to a persons face and don't be some anonymous source and hide. That's just cheap.

As I said before it's a business and it's only their job. If someone wants to leave let him go. Nobody is bigger than the team.
You even hurt your team more by having a disgruntled player sitting out his contract and be a distraction for the whole club.
If you let him go you at least some money back to invest in a player who's willing to give his best. For now.

Learn to live with it.

dw13
02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Listen, I've dealt with big named players leaving our club. From Owen to Alonso, and there is right and wrong way to go about doing it. Torres handed in a transfer request with 3 days left in the window which was a slap in the face of the club, and he now decides to talk about Liverpool like that, it's disgusting.

And I'm sure whoever had a problem with Torres had already let it be known with him considering how moody Torres has been over the past 8-12 months.

Torres took a paycut to come to Liverpool, Torres just weeks ago talked about how he loved the club and loved the "working class" people at Liverpool. And now he turns around and does stuff like this?

What should he of said? He loves Liverpool, they're massive club and with wonderful fans who worshipped him and made him feel at home. That's what he should of said.

What he's done is horrible and shows what's wrong with footballers today.

I'm over it. I've been over it since he's handed in the request.

phaneuf6
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
You're getting pretty pissy about nothing here dawinna. A player wanted to leave, he did. What else do you want? Of course he's going to compliment the city, the fans, etc when he's playing there. He said nothing false when he said he's joining a great club, with great players. He also revealed that talks had been ongoing for almost 2 weeks, so it wasn't a request he made with 3 days left in the window.

dw13
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
You're getting pretty pissy about nothing here dawinna. A player wanted to leave, he did. What else do you want? Of course he's going to compliment the city, the fans, etc when he's playing there. He said nothing false when he said he's joining a great club, with great players. He also revealed that talks had been ongoing for almost 2 weeks, so it wasn't a request he made with 3 days left in the window.

He basically called Liverpool a small club. He said he's finally getting the chance to play at a top club. That's horrible comments for a club that he supposed loved. He said LIVERPOOL FC WAS HIS ONLY ENGLISH CLUB. He said that. It's not made up. Then 3 days left in the window he hands in a request? That's just horrible.

You're wrong. Liverpool said no 2 weeks ago to Chelsea on a bid, just like we said no 5 days before the window shut. We had no intentions of selling him. We denied his request, we said no to their bid. The owners and Kenny decided they didn't want an unhappy player and we made Chelsea FC pay the money WE wanted. No negotiating. None.

Fernando Torres early in January said he planned on seeing out his contract for the club he 'LOVES'

He lied. He left the club with absolutely no dignity. A club who loved him and he told he loved back.

I'm not upset in the least about it anymore. LFC is better today then we were yesterday. And I certainly wouldn't think you would understand the relationship between Fernando Torres and LFC.

b_illin
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Whatever Conor, we both know it's more than a player wanting to leave and doing so. As Matt said, he brought this up out of the blue (from a fans perspective) with 3 days left. He forced a transfer to a bitter rival. He was a smug bitch about it too from what I've read and seen.

Imagine if Mats Sundin had come out and said the day before the trade deadline that he wanted to be traded to Senators? (and that doesn't even do comparative justice as an example!)

You'd have lost your shit and been angry the way LFC fans are.

PS: you are correct that he said nothing false about joining a great club, but to a LFC fan that was a subtle kick in the shorts as it suggest LFC is not a great club. Today they are in shambles, yes, but we all know that won't be the case for much longer...and on top of that, Chelsea was nothing til Abromovich came along a few years back and all of a sudden they are a great club? LFC is one of the most storied and successful clubs of all-time! Whether it was intentional or not, Torres dissed LFC with that comment. (and I won't even get into the fair play rules that will severely hinder Chelsea's future prospects as dawinna pointed out already)

dw13
02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Saying "I'm finally able to play at a top club with top players" is a fucking spit in the face of LFC. I don't care what anyone else thinks. All of us LFC fans know what his intentions were behind those comments. You don't get bigger then LFC. Chelsea is in squad trouble as well and Roman won't be able to splash 75m in a window anymore when the new fair play rules come into effect.

He's been sulking around all year long and LFC fans made excuses for him. The only game he actually put a real shift in was the Chelsea game earlier this year and now we know he was just putting himself in the shop window for the club he wanted to move to.

dw13
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Torres "should of stayed at a real club" chants were wonderful.

Our play was even better.

3 vital points.

b_illin
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
:p:D

dw13
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4818/shitm.jpg

Chelsea using the same exact banner LFC had for Torres. They didn't even get rid of the Shankly Gates at the bottom. :lol:. They are so sad.

http://liverpool.alexfrance.com/chelsea_liverpool_06_02_2011/Chelsea+v+Liverpool+Premier+League+ivrLZGPm_qKl.jp g

Danny Agger. What a legend. :D

suckerpuncher
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
How about a seperate "I hate Chelsea / Torres"-thread?
It's getting old. :rolleyes:;)

dw13
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
How about a seperate "I hate Chelsea / Torres"-thread?
It's getting old. :rolleyes:;)

Haha. It's over. I don't hate him. Almost feel sorry for him that he actually thinks Chelsea is in better shape then Liverpool. :)

I caught the Dortmund/Schalke game the other day. Man, Neuer is fucking quality.

suckerpuncher
02-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Neuer has all the tools to become a real great goalie. But in order to do so he needs to leave Schalke for a real big club so he can showcase and perfect his talents on the biggest stage.
Bayern is trying to lure him in for years since neither Rensing nor Butt nor Kraft seem to be the successor of the Titant
And now ManU made a € 26 mio. bid for him to replace van der Saar.

I personally think he'll leave Schalke after his year but he'll cost north of €40 mio. Hopefully he comes to Bayern but you can't blame him if he leaves the Bundesliga and goes to England.

dw13
02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Really hope he does cost that much because if United splash that much they won't be able to strengthen in other areas. I know they like Neuer but they've been keen on De Gea and Stekelenburg as well so that will be interesting because they clearly need a #1 to replace VDS.

I love the way Klopp has Dortmund playing football. Nuri Sahin is out of this world. Would love him at Liverpool.

dw13
02-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Can't fucking stand United especially Rooney but what a goal to beat City. Overhead kick that was awesome. Pretty much ends City's title hopes

suckerpuncher
02-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Great to see Robbery finally back in action. After 9 month with either Robben or Ribery (or none of them) now both of them are finally back healthy again. It just adds a complety different level to the team having both in the lineup and having Müller play in the middle while Schweinsteiger is back at his defensive position.

Bayern confirmed Chelsea made a €42 mio. offer for Gomez before the Torres deal. But with Olic done for the season, Klose being the only other striker on the team. Gomez being on a tear and of course not being in any financial trouble it wasthe only choice to decline that.

Btw. next years UCL final will be playing in Munich. That should bring some extra motivation to the Bayern sqaud to not only qualify for the UCL next year but also to strengthen the team for next year.
Interesting fact. Last time the UCL final was playing in Munich was in '97 and Dortmund won the UCL. With the qualifaction for the UCL next year pretty much given will we see history repeating itself next year?

dw13
02-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Can't stand midweek international games. Our team looked tired, we were without a few first team players as well. Meireles had to come off with some sort of sickness, Kuyt looked bad as well.

Suarez looks like a real player and should be great for us. Can't wait to see Carroll back so he has a real partner.

Top 4 now looks a bit out of reach but still 33 points to play for who knows.

moans
02-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow, what a goal by Rooney today.

YouTube - Wayne Rooney wonder goal vs. Manchester City Overhead kick 12/02/2011 HD

Fuck Liverpool. That tie today lost me a big parlay.

ih8music
02-14-2011, 02:09 AM
that other video was pulled, here's one.

YouTube - Wayne Rooney's Bicycle Kick Goal Against Manchester City

yeah, that was pretty good I suppose. ;)

dw13
02-14-2011, 02:17 AM
I can't let Rooney have the only bike on the page. How about this one from the 6'7 man himself:

YouTube - Crouch scissor kick v Galatasaray

phaneuf6
02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
YouTube - Netherlands 1 - 0 Austria _ Wesley Sneijder _ Friendlies

dw13
02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
YouTube - Steven Gerrard Great Goal Vs Olympiakos (Ohhhh! You Beauty! HD)

:D

dw13
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Boy oh boy what an ending to Chelsea/Fulham. Dempsey should have won it!

Oh, Torres was shit.

mrtybrodur30
02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Excited for Champions League starting up.

suckerpuncher
02-15-2011, 04:27 AM
They split up the round of last 16 so Bayern won't play this week but rather next week.
But Arsenal/Barca should be a great matchup tomorrow.

dw13
02-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Spurs win 1-0 at the San Siro. Didn't think they had that in them.

Gattuso then headbutted a Spurs coach after. Disgusting.

dw13
02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Unreal from Arsenal to pull two goals out of that. They were sensational in the second half. Jack Wilshere is incredible for his age. You never see Barca playing so deep and on the counter, especially after they dominated the first half.

Arsenal still have it all to do at the Nou Camp but they've set themselves up for a chance at it.

mrtybrodur30
02-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Great match this morning between Chelsea and Everton, got settled in penalties. Although I have no clue what this FA Cuf is haha. I've never followed a lot of club soccer just international stuff and some Champions league but its much easier to follow since there is a lot more coverage nowadays

dw13
02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
:lol::lol:

dw13
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Cmon OM and Bayern!

suckerpuncher
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Good game so far. Both teams have problems on defense so it's surprising it's still scoreless. Could easily be 1-1 or 2-2 which would also be better for Bayern. But still 45 minutes to go.

dw13
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Mistake by Cesar, I'd say I think. Props to Bayern! At the end, they got the perfect result. Go get the first goal at the San Siro and it's clean thru!

suckerpuncher
02-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Pretty dominant in the second half although a bit shaky at the end but I'll take that last minute victory.

Btw. The 2nd game is in Munich @Allianz Arena.

Cornholio
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
HAHAHA!
Great game it was!
Only thing I hate is the "italian diving" ;)

dw13
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry, mean the Allianz. Not sure why I said the San Siro when you obviously just scored there :P

Well done Bayern, first I've gotten to see them all season.

suckerpuncher
02-23-2011, 05:09 PM
HAHAHA!
Great game it was!
Only thing I hate is the "italian diving" ;)
And the constant complaining. Great to see the ref finally showing a yellow card to Snejder for that.

A couple of tough games ahead for Bayern. Next up is Dortmund who play an excellent game this season followed by the semis in the German cup against Schalke. And in 3 weeks the 2nd game against Inter.

MTR
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Grrrr.... MLS expands playoffs to 10 tens. We don't need more teams in the playoffs. Less teams would be fine actually.

Winger72
02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Now I know how dawinna feels. To see Arsenal lose on a play like that. :banghead:

dw13
02-27-2011, 01:01 PM
What in the world was Szczesny doing? Awful mistake at an awful time.

dw13
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Will the sight of Vidic turn Torres back to his old self? It's been done before and maybe Vidic didn't have nightmares of Torres last night since Torres has been in such shit form!

dw13
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Cannot believe I was just cheering Chelsea on. Massive result for Arsenal as the Mancs drop all 3.

They come to Anfield Sunday, they're going to drop more.

No Rio or Vidic.

Go on Arsenal, don't drop anymore stupid points!

suckerpuncher
03-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Bloody Chelsea bastards got a nice present by the ref with that penalty.
Seems like the FA wants to make it a close race this year in the EPL. Probably even block ManU to finally take over the top spot for PL titles from LFC. :rolleyes:;)

dw13
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Bloody Chelsea bastards got a nice present by the ref with that penalty.
Seems like the FA wants to make it a close race this year in the EPL. Probably even block ManU to finally take over the top spot for PL titles from LFC. :rolleyes:;)

mrtybrodur30
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I didnt think the penalty was that bad at all. But David Luiz should have been sent off in the second half but didnt get called, lucky for Chelsea he wasnt.

dw13
03-01-2011, 10:55 PM
I didnt think the penalty was that bad at all. But David Luiz should have been sent off in the second half but didnt get called, lucky for Chelsea he wasnt.

Thought it was an extremely soft penalty myself. Luiz was a very lucky boy. Those calls go United's way 99/100 times, it was one of those nights though. A draw would of been a fair result.

Liverpool will be missing Kelly and Agger on the weekend, United will be without Rio and Vidic.

Could see some goals, especially if Carroll returns!

Winger72
03-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Cannot believe I was just cheering Chelsea on. Massive result for Arsenal as the Mancs drop all 3.

They come to Anfield Sunday, they're going to drop more.

No Rio or Vidic.

Go on Arsenal, don't drop anymore stupid points!

It's great news, but I just can't get excited anymore. SOMETHING is going to happen, it always does.

dw13
03-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Kolo Toure has tested postive for a banned substance. Not able to play in any matches until it's either figured wrong or they come down with his suspension.

suckerpuncher
03-04-2011, 04:48 AM
There are more and more rumors swirling around the Hoeness is set to fire van Gaal in case Bayern loses again this Saturday.

The last 2 games were bad and even before that the team has underachieved to say the least.
It's one thing that there will most likely be no titles this year after being eliminated in the Cup (first Cp home loss in 20 years) and having no hopes whatsoever to win the Bundesliga and even advancing in the UCL is far from a slam dunk with those recent performances.
But with the qualification for the UCL next year in jeopardy Hoeness gets really nervous. Afterall he fired Klinsmann when the team was better in the standings.
In case of a loss this weekend Bayern would be 7 points out of 2nd place (direct UCL qualifying spot) and 5 poins out of 3rd place (the only UCL relegation spot).

The biggest problem for van Gaal right now is his defensive scheme or better lack there of. It's just brutal how and how many goals they received lately.
His inability to listen to outside advise and stubborness to change his overall system doesn't help either.
But one of the worst things is his transfer politcs. Only buying one new players with so many holes especially on defense and eliminating his critics with van Bommel and Butt made a lot of people mad.

dw13
03-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Van Gaal must be going now, no?

suckerpuncher
03-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I think this has to be the end of the rope.

The way the team played today and all of his decisions backfiring (especially Kraft in goal) there seems to be no hope for him.

I don't expect a decision before tonight or even before tomorrow morning. Time to let it sink in and then do whatever is best for the team.

But the biggest problem is who will take over? If it would be 2012 it would be much easier. Some gets an interim tag and during the summer it's either Löw or Klopp.
But right now both have long-term contracts and are in the middle of a very successful run.
The last interim coach in Heynckes also has a job in Leverkusen and Hitzfeld is still coach of the Swiss national team.
Most likely it will be Gerland and Scholl until the end of the season which leaves time to find a suitable replacement. But maybe Hoeness has one more ace up his sleeve.

dw13
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Stevie G hurt his groin yesterday in training and faces a late fitness test tomorrow.

We've beat them before without him but I know he'd be up for this one. Hope he makes it. Fearing the worst though :\

dw13
03-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Just a reminder to United and the rest of the league:

You'll never be Liverpool FC. You'll never win as much as we have. And we're on the way back.

Smashed.

Winger72
03-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Just a reminder to United and the rest of the league:

You'll never be Liverpool FC. You'll never win as much as we have. And we're on the way back.

Smashed.

You've got to stop giving me hope of catching ManU, especially when Arsenal's offense is... I'm not sure where it is.

dw13
03-06-2011, 12:32 PM
You've got to stop giving me hope of catching ManU, especially when Arsenal's offense is... I'm not sure where it is.

Arsenal really is missing RVP. I really don't rate Bendtner, he scuffs way too many easy chances. Chamakh should get a run in as the lone striker, and see how they play.

Massive game against Barca, if they get knocked out there, it'll be better for their league chances.

dw13
03-06-2011, 04:10 PM
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy338/SEH1103/SuarezManU6-9-11.gif

Out of this world.

suckerpuncher
03-06-2011, 06:11 PM
A normal day in Germany.

YouTube - Hamburger SV vs FSV Mainz 05 1-0 Tor Jansen 06.03.2011

YouTube - Hamburger SV vs FSV Mainz 05 1-0 Phantomtor Jansen 06.03.2011

Clearly a goal. :lol::lol::lol:

suckerpuncher
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Van Gaal stays for now. But he won't be there next season for sure. The contract gets terminated after this season.
That's what has been decided over the weekend.

Time to look for a new coach.

dw13
03-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Van Gaal stays for now. But he won't be there next season for sure. The contract gets terminated after this season.
That's what has been decided over the weekend.

Time to look for a new coach.

Rafael Benitez! :)

suckerpuncher
03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
I think it will be someone who speaks the language. So neither Mourinho (who is always rumored to want to leave Madrid) nor Benitez.
The are tons of possible names floating around. From Rangnick to Jol to Heynckes to Sammer. Who knows who'll get the job in the end.

One has to wonder what would have happened if Hoeness would have listened to his gut feeling back in 2008. He was set to offer Klopp the job but got persuaded by the other bosses around him to take a chance on Klinsmann.
We all know how hat worked out.

dw13
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I just know Rafa wants to stay in England and I don't want to ever see him in the league against LFC. So, go on Rafa get the Bayern job :D

dw13
03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Can't stand when the ref takes away an opportunity for a wonderful game.

That sending off of RvP is comical.

Owell, if Arsenal lose this, atleast they can focus on the league!

mrtybrodur30
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Glad to see Barcelona and Shakhtar move on. What a great play on the Xavi goal by Iniesta and Villa that was pretty.

dw13
03-12-2011, 11:42 AM
6-0! Van Gaal is safe! :lol::p

suckerpuncher
03-12-2011, 11:57 AM
6-0! Van Gaal is safe! :lol::p
:lol:

The 6-0 win was well deserved. But not because Bayern was that good today but because Hamburg was horrific. Pretty much every team would have been able to score a bunch of goals against them.
They are a mess right now. The coach Veh is a lame duck since he told this week that he'll quit after this season and his boss also didn't get a new contract and is on vacation. The Frank Arnesen from Chelsea who'll take over next year is also on vacation. Nobody around who can take care of this mess.

But maybe it was the right opponent at the right time to build some momentum for the big game against Inter on Tuesday.

dw13
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
We played United today in the Youth Cup, lost 3-2 after being up 2. Huge disappointment from the young guys but there is still massive talent down there for years to come.

It was pathetic, United fans at a U18, YOUTH CUP match, were singing songs about Hillsborough and lighting flares. Calling our young kids c*nts.

People wonder why Liverpool fans hate the site of any United fan.

suckerpuncher
03-15-2011, 01:38 PM
With Löw signing a new contract until after the 2014 World Cup he's completely out of the running.
But there are pretty solid rumors that Bayern and Heynckes already agreed in principle to a 2 year deal. It would make him the first Bayern coach to get a 3rd tenure.
Given the fact that he's close friends with Hoeness this should give the whole club some rest for the time being.

dw13
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Was really pulling for Bayern. Some real poor defending though.

Tough way to go out.

United through as well but Rafael/O'Shea both did their hamstrings. Guess as long as they don't win the whole thing I'm glad they've stayed in. More games, more injuries, hurts their league chances.

suckerpuncher
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Un-fucking-believable.

The same thing that plagued the team the whole year. They just aren't able to put teams away. So many chances especially in the first half to score at least 3 more goals.
But as always they don't score and the poor defense does the rest.

I'm so pissed right now.

mrtybrodur30
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Tough break for Bayern to go out like that. They had so many chances to put Inter away too. Cant believe it turned out the way it did.

dw13
03-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Bayern wants Mark Hughes? :lol::lol::lol:

dw13
03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
That Luis Suarez is some player!

suckerpuncher
03-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Mark Hughes was only brought up in the English media because he's also a friend of Hoeness.

But now it's official Heynckes gets a 2 year deal.

And there are also rumors now with van Gaal out of the picture and Heynckes in as new coach Bayern finally made a €25 mio. offer to Benfica for Coentrao to take care of the problems on the left back position.
But there are some more holes to fill. A lot of deals run out. So there need to be some new bench players especially in midfield who can come in if (or rather when?) Ribery and/or Robben miss some more time due to injuries.
An upgrade at CB wouldalso help. Badstuber is fine but I'm concerned about Breno. Some more depth is always useful.
And also another striker or two. Olic is coming of major knee surgery next year and Klose will be gone which leaves only Gomez as pure striker.
And of course Neuer in goal would also be nice.

Should be an interesting off-season. Of course a lot has to do whether Bayern can reclaim that crucial #3 spot to play in the UCL next year.

dw13
03-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I like Coentrao more as a winger then a left back. Think he'll do a fine job at Bayern because they'll be attacking more often but when he's asked to sit back and defend sometimes there are questions to be asked. He's good though, and young.

suckerpuncher
03-25-2011, 10:06 AM
He'd still be much better than Pranjic (in general) and Gustavo and Badstuber (both as LB).
And it's also not a slam dunk he'll sign.

I personally would rather sign a right back (maybe van der Wiel) and put Lahm over on the left side where he was much much better than on the right side.

dw13
03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
He'd still be much better than Pranjic (in general) and Gustavo and Badstuber (both as LB).
And it's also not a slam dunk he'll sign.

I personally would rather sign a right back (maybe van der Wiel) and put Lahm over on the left side where he was much much better than on the right side.

Definitely better then the three you listed at LB, without question.

I like the idea of going for VDW and moving Lahm to the left side. I really like VDW, think he'll become real quality.

I won't even begin to predict Liverpool's summer.

mrtybrodur30
03-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Did you catch USA/Argentina DW? They mentioned it on the telecast and I was thinking the same thing it reminded me of watching Barcelona against Arsenal a couple weeks ago. U.S. should be very happy with that draw. Atleast they looked better in the 2nd half.

dw13
03-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Did you catch USA/Argentina DW? They mentioned it on the telecast and I was thinking the same thing it reminded me of watching Barcelona against Arsenal a couple weeks ago. U.S. should be very happy with that draw. Atleast they looked better in the 2nd half.

Yeah, I watched it. I thought tactically maybe Bob Bradley has gotten some hints that his past formations and tactics were absolutely god awful.

It was a friendly, and it ended up being a good result for the USA. Something to build on heading into the summer.

dw13
03-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Just read that Heynckes is going to take Vidal with him to Bayern next season probably.

Absolutely love him. Would be jealous of Bayern.

suckerpuncher
03-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Seems like Vidal is really coming. That would mean the defensive midfield would be stacked. Schweinsteiger, Gustavo, Kroos and Vidal with only 2 spots to play.

According to a Portuguese newspaper the deal with Coentrao is done for €25 mio. Still waiting for some other confirmation.

And was finally in attack mode again targeting his arch enemy Daum, the German football federation for playing a meaningless friendly match against Australia right now when everyone is focusd for the final matchdays in the league (and seeing the way the team played yesterday showed that). But he let also slip through that the signing of Neuer is very close.

suckerpuncher
04-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Interesting game between Inter and Schalke right now. Even if I can't stand Schalke I hate Inter even more.
But nonetheless nice match so far.

dw13
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Interesting game between Inter and Schalke right now. Even if I can't stand Schalke I hate Inter even more.
But nonetheless nice match so far.

Been a cracker hasn't it?

dw13
04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Unreal stuff in Milan.

4-2 now Schalke.

mrtybrodur30
04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Well looks like there is only one spot left in the semi's for either Chelsea or Man U.
Cant believe a penalty wasnt called at the end of that game today.

dw13
04-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Well looks like there is only one spot left in the semi's for either Chelsea or Man U.
Cant believe a penalty wasnt called at the end of that game today.

Stonewall penalty.

Oh and Judas Torres is shit.

mrtybrodur30
04-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Atleast he got a few decent chances today but yeah he hasn't been good. Anelka and Drogba work the best together but there going to keep putting Torres out there with whoever and hope for success.

Did they release if Rooney is Suspended the two games yet? Would be funny if he misses the cup match vs Man City.

dw13
04-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Atleast he got a few decent chances today but yeah he hasn't been good. Anelka and Drogba work the best together but there going to keep putting Torres out there with whoever and hope for success.

Did they release if Rooney is Suspended the two games yet? Would be funny if he misses the cup match vs Man City.

They're going to keep putting Judas out there because he's Roman's 50m toy. He's shit. His head is in a different world, he's lost the yard of pace that made him lethal and his touch has gone away.

Rooney's suspension is upheld. Glad he'll miss out on the Wembly semi-final, now lets hope they get knocked out in the process.

suckerpuncher
04-10-2011, 03:29 AM
After another horrific played match yesterday van Gaal is now sacked for good.
It was just horrible the way the team played the last couple of matches. They lacked everything. Kraft blew another game and Robben getting a red card AFTER the final whistle for insulting the ref is just inexcusable since he'll now miss at least the important match against Leverkusen next weekend.
Let's just hope the sacking doesn't came too late.

And if those stupid Ultras like it or not Kraft is not the answer in net and Neuer has to come over.

dw13
04-10-2011, 08:56 AM
I've heard Neuer to Bayern is a done deal, just a matter of finding the right transfer fee.

dw13
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Some rumors going around that Villas Boas, the Porto manager, former assistant under Jose, told Roma that he will not talk to them about being their coach because he has an agreement with Liverpool.

Not sure I believe it, though.

dw13
04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Fully enjoyed that absolute thrashing of Man Chitty.

That's Liverpool class.

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/assets/10_4da360ef962fd750778991.jpg

dw13
04-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Torres is such shit. :lol::lol:

suckerpuncher
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
You're just saying that beacuse you jinxed him. :rolleyes::lol:

Btw. What is the O/U on goals scored by Torres for Chealsea until the end of the season? .5? :D

dw13
04-12-2011, 03:33 PM
You're just saying that beacuse you jinxed him. :rolleyes::lol:

Btw. What is the O/U on goals scored by Torres for Chealsea until the end of the season? .5? :D

Bookies have made it 7/2 odds that he won't score for the rest of the season :lol::lol:

mrtybrodur30
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I thought he looked pretty good in the first leg but today he didnt look good at all. Brutal to see Chelsea give up one right after Drogba put them back into it.

dw13
04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I thought he looked pretty good in the first leg but today he didnt look good at all. Brutal to see Chelsea give up one right after Drogba put them back into it.

He looked lively in the first leg, he was still awful. Didn't take his one chance, and that's what he's supposed to do. He 'left' LFC for that chance. He didn't take it.

suckerpuncher
04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
He looked pretty awful even in the WC where he didn't score a single goal. There's some really off with him for almost a year now.
Not sure what it is but it's really strange. I mean every striker goes into a slump and can't hit wide side of a barn but it normally doesn't take that long to get out of it.

Liverpool should be happy they got a ton of money for someone who might never be the same striker he was a couple of years ago.

dw13
04-12-2011, 08:06 PM
He looked pretty awful even in the WC where he didn't score a single goal. There's some really off with him for almost a year now.
Not sure what it is but it's really strange. I mean every striker goes into a slump and can't hit wide side of a barn but it normally doesn't take that long to get out of it.

Liverpool should be happy they got a ton of money for someone who might never be the same striker he was a couple of years ago.

Listen, Fernando Torres on his day was the worst best striker, there isn't a debate about it. The numbers prove it.

Since he has his injury problems in 09/10, and he tried to rush to get fit for the end of the season and into the World Cup then picked up another injury, rushed again and then picked up ANOTHER injury in the World Cup, it's obvious his legs have started to go.

Torres' was clearly lacking a yard of pace that made him so deadly for his time at Liverpool, could he get it back? Possibly. He was just starting to come good for Liverpool under King Kenny. He was banging goals in, looking lively and the sulky Torres' under Roy Hodgson had gone away. All of the sudden, he wants a move to Chelsea when he hears of the bid. They had bid numerous times before and he vowed to stay...

He rushed his decision, we were DAYS away from signing Suarez who would of made Torres even better on his verge back to the top. Instead he asked out of the club he loved, the fans he loved, the players he loved. He rushed into a mistake and before you knew it was in London. A locker room full of headjobs, people who are assholes and to be honest, people who simply do not like the lad.

Now he isn't just lacking his legs and pace, he's lacking the comfort level, he's lacking confidence. Two things that right now look like he will never get back. His confidence has taken his touch, his comfort level has taken his nerve infront of goal.

Torres is a shadow of his former self, he'll be back at Athletico before you know it and that'll be that.

A real shame. The guy was on the verge of becoming one of LFC's greats, he was endeared by the fans and he through all of that away. He's realized the mistake he made.

Liverpool is in much better shape without him, that's for sure.

(Sorry for the friggin' essay, just Torres baffles me)

suckerpuncher
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice shot from the Schalke VIP Lounge.
Sir Alex, King Otto (Rehagel) and the Kaiser next to each other. Talk about soccer royalties.
Those 3 have seen it and won it all. Wonder what they talk about before and after the match.

dw13
04-14-2011, 12:11 AM
YouTube - Andy Carroll vs Man City 11.6.2011 HD

Just a little bit of what Andy can do! 25 yarder than a sensation header!

dw13
04-14-2011, 10:52 PM
MLS playing on a 70x110 pitch. With someone on the side of the pitch cutting logs for some reason.

They'll never make it. This is an absolute sideshow job.

phaneuf6
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
MLS playing on a 70x110 pitch. With someone on the side of the pitch cutting logs for some reason.

They'll never make it. This is an absolute sideshow job.

Not to mention the quality is shit..

dw13
04-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Not to mention the quality is shit..

Yeah, well, it's not the greatest for sure but I think the fans deserve such a better product. 70x110? That's absurd. Teams like the Union, Timbers and Sounders have brand new beautiful stadiums, fans are showing up and showing up in great voice and then they have to play on fucking turf and 70x110 fields?

It's incredible. They do such a Grade-B job it's pathetic. Football in America will never come around until it's full commitment from the league.

suckerpuncher
04-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Teams like the Union, Timbers and Sounders have brand new beautiful stadiums, fans are showing up and showing up in great voice and then they have to play on fucking turf and 70x110 fields?
Are you kidding me? How in the world can games played on artificial surface? It's a disgrace for the whole sport.

I get to a certain degree that there are situations like in Russia where literally heel freezes over some teams might be forced to play on turf since a gras pitch won't last very long.

But anywhere else where there's normal weather turf should be banned. It's an outdoor game that has to be played on gras.

Same goes for closed roof stadiums/domes. Nothing against a roof over the stands/seats but not over the pitch. The elements need to be in play. That's the beauty of it. Wind, rain even snow make the games way more interesting.

Btw. Can you help me out what you mean with the dimensions of the field? They are within standard parameters. Anfield is listed as 111x74 (101x68m), Allianz Arena is listed as 115x75 (105x69m).

dw13
04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the turf is unreal. I agree, a disgrace to the sport. I don't know how players can even play on it! Russia should be the only country even considering it! even then, they won't!

I don't get why they keep building these beautiful new stadiums for MLS, then putting down fake grass. Annoying.

Sorry, the field last night was 100x70, not 110. Just seemed small to me on TV. I guess it really wasn't THAT small in comparison.

Half my rant is legit though :lol:

MLS is starting to make strides but they need to do more to keep honor of the game.

dw13
04-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Oh and today was the 22nd anniversary of the Hillsborough incident. Really heartbreaking, and the memorial was wonderful as always. Brings a tear to my eye every year, and when I saw Rafa start crying it definitely brought me to tears as well.

They're talking about Knighting Kenny Dalglish for all he's done for those 96 families and others. He's worthy of it, to say the least. What a person he is.

YouTube - Rafael

suckerpuncher
04-15-2011, 02:33 PM
100 is really a bit short. Though not so good teams often try to make the pitch shorter (both dimensions) (especially when they play better teams) to get a small advantage by having less ground to cover and giving the better teams less space. ;):lol:

I think we can all agree playing soccer on artificial ground is the same crime against sports as playing for example golf on artificial ground. You just don't do that.

dw13
04-15-2011, 02:37 PM
100 is really a bit short. Though not so good teams often try to make the pitch shorter (both dimensions) when they play better teams to get a small advantage by having less ground to cover and giving the better team less space. ;):lol:

I think we can all agree playing soccer on artificial ground is the same crime against sports as playing for example golf on artificial ground. You just don't do that.

The bold part is SPOT on. They have some really skilled players in the MLS and between the horrible reffing, the short fields among other things, they limit the show for some of the really talented players in the league.

They should be more lenient towards the superstars of the league! That'll get more appeal!

It's whatever, I just with America could figure it out a little bit better!

mrtybrodur30
04-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I cant stand how much of a bitch Marcelo is. He jumps into the arms of a teammate after a penalty is called against Barcelona then wants another card for Alves. He celebrated the same way when Crouch was sent off a couple weeks ago. He celebrates like he just got a hat trick. Plus it shouldnt have even been a penalty. Casillas taking out Villa in the box in the first half was and was not called.

Big blow to Barcelona if Puyol is seriously injured again.

Great to see Man. City beat United. Rooney sure did a great job watching from the stands lol

Torres played a major role with Chelsea today playing what 10 min. I think he will be fine next year though. Will be interesting to see what happens.

dw13
04-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah watching Marcelo cheer the red for Crouch last week got rid of any respect I had for him. No need for that.

Torres will be fine next year... back in Madrid :lol:

mrtybrodur30
04-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah watching Marcelo cheer the red for Crouch last week got rid of any respect I had for him. No need for that.

Torres will be fine next year... back in Madrid :lol:To be honest though the midfield hasnt been great for him at all. But yeah you really never know. When he was first acquired you got the idea they would be getting rid of some people and Torres would be the go to guy up front, but now it seems like a huge risk to put alot of your hopes on him for next year.

dw13
04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Young Flanno starting again. He was wonderful against Man City on Monday, lets see him carry on here again. Go on Redmen!

dw13
04-17-2011, 12:00 PM
:mad::\

MADNESS! Get in Kuyt!!!!!!

dw13
04-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I cannot stand Arsene Wenger. What a fucking moron

mrtybrodur30
04-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Watched the last 40 min of that game was pretty good. I dont like them at all but its pretty amazing Arsenal has blown so many chances to pull United back in its like they want to be in second.

dw13
04-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Watched the last 40 min of that game was pretty good. I dont like them at all but its pretty amazing Arsenal has blown so many chances to pull United back in its like they want to be in second.

They had a bunch of half chances and one that hit the bar. LFC defended extremely well on the day.

I don't care about #19. I'm as happy as can be, our guys deserved that

http://i52.tinypic.com/28sbzpi.jpg

mrtybrodur30
04-17-2011, 11:36 PM
They had a bunch of half chances and one that hit the bar. LFC defended extremely well on the day.

I don't care about #19. I'm as happy as can be, our guys deserved that

Oh I didnt mean during the game I meant in the last month and a half games they should of won vs bad teams they tie and this game Liverpool isnt bad at all but when they have a 1-0 lead when they did they should have won. They have left alot of points out there.

dw13
04-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh I didnt mean during the game I meant in the last month and a half games they should of won vs bad teams they tie and this game Liverpool isnt bad at all but when they have a 1-0 lead when they did they should have won. They have left alot of points out there.

Story of Arsenal's life the past 5 years! :)

suckerpuncher
04-18-2011, 09:55 AM
More and more media here pick up on the Neuer to Bayern topic. Seems to be finally a done deal with a fee of roughly €20 mio.

But no official announcement is expected for the near future since for once Schalke wants to wait until the UCL semis and both teams want to wait at least until after the match Bayern/Schalke match on April, 30th.

dw13
04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Think he's the best young goal keeper in the world. A fantastic signing for any fee for Bayern.

I think anyone who puts De Gea in the sentence as Neuer is fooling themselves.

dw13
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Van der Wiel to Bayern for 10m? That's a great price.

No more Coentrao now?

suckerpuncher
04-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Read that about van der Wiel too. Seems a really cheap price so I hope he'll really come.
That would most likely mean Lahm would switch over to the left side. Unless Coentrao still gets signed, too. Then van der Wiel would most likely be just a backup.

And as far as Coentrao goes he said a week or two ago he's annoyed by all the calls and wants to stay with Benfica for now but nonetheless there are still some rumors Bayern are trying to make a final push for him.

With keeper and outside back (most likely) sured up there are still some more holes to fill. A center back or too for once. And Vidal once again throws his name in the mix stating he both wants to play under Heynckes and for Bayern.

dw13
04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't rate Vidal as a centre half though as high as I do a centre defensive mid.

dw13
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Arsenal are shit.

The Premier League's quality this season has been absolutely crap. The worst United team I've seen in years, Arsenal not good, Chelsea up and down.

mrtybrodur30
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah lol again Arsenal blow it, was hoping Tottenham could pull out the win. The Barcelona/Real Madrid game has been great, going to extra time now.

dw13
04-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Reina has seemingly come out and rubbished all rumors that he's looking to leave in the summer. Which is absolutely great news, for me, the best keeper in the world and really points to the fact that FSG is will to spend and spend big in the summer to strengthen the squad.

Cannot wait for the summer. Liverpool, given the quality of the league and their current form under the King should be back in the title race next season, and at minimum top 4 back into the CL.

dw13
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Great ball from Di Maria and fine finish from Ronaldo. If it finishes this way, it's going to make the CL ties really freaking interesting.

mrtybrodur30
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Damn, hopefully Puyol will be ready next week cause that will make a huge difference, Villa didnt look good again he really needs to get going. Cant wait till next week though was a great match today.

dw13
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Strong rumors going about Twitter, that Liverpool have made a marquee signing. Marca seems to think it's Aguero for 35m.

Let me go clean up my drool. ;)

suckerpuncher
04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Aguero would be a nice signing (if he comes without his father-in law ;)).

But since it's just one rumored name I would quite hold my breath just yet. Who knows. Maybe it's someone completely else. Maybe Torres comes back. :D

dw13
04-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Yeah, since then, I haven't seen anything on Marca's site so I guess I'll take it as a pinch of salt. Would be a very nice signing though!

I have to say, being under our new owners its refreshing to be linked with Kun Aguero and Alexis Sanchez's of the world and not the Carlton Coles :lol:

So ready for summer!

mrtybrodur30
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Aguero would be a great signing. Liverpool kept coming up the most as potential destinations for him. That was a few weeks ago though havent followed it since, but the rumors today arent bad for you DW.

suckerpuncher
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
According to the latest Forbes list Bayern is ranked 4th in the most valuable soccer teams list only behind ManU, Real and Arsenal.
When we now take into account that both ManU and Arsenal are owned wealthy outsiders and Real still has a buttload of depth seems like Bayern might as well be the (financialy) healthiest club.

Link: http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/20/worlds-most-valuable-soccer-teams_slide.html

dw13
04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I would say second behind Arsenal. Arsenal with the Emirates is absolutely killing it, they are in such a great position at the moment hopefully the new majority-owner doesn't ruin it for them.

suckerpuncher
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
So far it's at least going uphill for the Rams with Kroenke as owner so there might be hope for Arsenal, too.

dw13
04-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Liverpool rampant! Joe Cole even scores!

Give the King his contract!

dw13
04-25-2011, 05:11 PM
I hate United as much as anyone but Man City fans are freaking horrible. Singing about Munich in their match vs. Blackburn?

Unreal

suckerpuncher
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
I think it's safe to call this game so far ManU vs. Neuer. ;)

dw13
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Schalke are shit

dw13
04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Should be a cracker tonight.

mrtybrodur30
04-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Real Madrid would have already been in trouble next week if it were 0-0 today without Ramos and Pepe in the 2nd leg but down 2 Away goals it looks wrapped up for Barcelona. Incredible 2nd goal by Messi made the defenders look silly. Also didnt look like an accident when Marcelo stomped on Pedro.

dw13
04-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Too much theatrics for me. Annoying as hell.

mrtybrodur30
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Too much theatrics for me. Annoying as hell.Yeah especially the 1st half. Barcelona was worse early. Get hit in the chest and hold your face, hate that stuff.

suckerpuncher
04-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Especially Barca was trying to oversell any little bit of contact even more than Shawn Michaels at a WrestleMania (or any other PPV for that matter).

But the worst thing is Mourinho trying to blame the ref for the loss even before the game started and of course once it was over. Just pathetic.
The way Real played they got what they deserved.

And not that I want to take anything away from Messi but the way Real's defense (tried to) defended it wasn't overly hard to score the second goal. Nobody even tried to tackle him and Casillas was down on his butt and opend the far side very early.

dw13
04-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Messi is outstanding and I know you're not his biggest fan but I agree, the second goal wasn't the wonder goal everyone made it out to be. They stood off him and refused to tackle him. Still, an awesome finish.

Mourinho is such an annoying, arrogant bastard.

suckerpuncher
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Seems like Carvalho has something more important to do real soon the way he's begging to get sent off.

suckerpuncher
05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
And it seems like Barca decided after 30 minutes to actually participate in the game and right now it finally looks like football. Let's hope it stays that way.

dw13
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
45 minutes until we know the Mancs will be twatted at Wembley! :lol:

suckerpuncher
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow, Marcelo should be really thankful for not getting a red card here. He had his eyes set on Messi and not on the ball right away.

And now Diara needed to get his 2nd yellow card. De Blekere really doesn't want to sent off any Real player today.

The more interesting matchup would have been ManU vs. Real where both Ferguson and Mourinho would have blasted the ref for years to come no matter how the game ended. :D

dw13
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Slur Alex called and asked Jose about how to beat Barca :lol::lol:

What'd Jose say? Park the bus and hope for some luck?

suckerpuncher
05-07-2011, 10:38 AM
I might be wrong but I think the 8-1 win marks the biggest away win in Bayern's Bundesliga history.
And I'm also not sure if the 18 consecutive Bundesliga games with at least 1 goal scored isn't also a record.
And having scored 79 goals in 33 Bundesliga matches also shows that offense wasn't really the problem this season.

But the important thing right now is that the UCL qualifying spot is now safe. With a win next week and a loss by Leverkusen it will even be the direct UCL spot. Not very likely but then again a couple of years ago it was a similar scenario and Leverkusen blew it making Bayern ending up as an unlikely champ.

The worst case would be if Bayern stays on the UCL qualifying spot and then draws one of the EPL, Primera Division or Serie A teams.

dw13
05-08-2011, 10:35 AM
20 minutes gone and United are up 2-0 on Chelsea. Chelsea look absolutely awful.

United surely to win the league now.

suckerpuncher
05-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Seems like Sir Alex finally fulfilled his simple missiion he got when he took over ManU. To take over the lead in EPL titles from Liverpool.
And the icing on the cake would be adding another UCL title as well.

Then he can retire and ride into the sunset. ;)

dw13
05-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Seems like Sir Alex finally fulfilled his simple missiion he got when he took over ManU. To take over the lead in EPL titles from Liverpool.
And the icing on the cake would be adding another UCL title as well.

Then he can retire and ride into the sunset. ;)

Seems like we still have more major trophies and we're 5 times Kings of Europe while they're still on 3. :)

He better step aside while he can. Clear that Liverpool are on a rise, and clear that King Kenny is back to beat Alex again.

But congrats on #19, it definitely hurts. Just less than it would of if Liverpool weren't showing signs of revival.

dw13
05-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Real Madrid getting Nuri Sahin for so cheap should be classified as robbery...

suckerpuncher
05-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I sincerly doubt he'll get much playing time for Real. I feel the deal is a mistake for Sahin. He isn't quite good enough to be a starter for Real. At least not yet. He should have waited 1 or 2 more years.

dw13
05-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I sincerly doubt he'll get much playing time for Real. I feel the deal is a mistake for Sahin. He isn't quite good enough to be a starter for Real. At least not yet. He should have waited 1 or 2 more years.

Yeah, I'm not certain its a good deal for Sahin himself either... but it's a great piece of business by Madrid.

Would of loved him here to be honest. Think he's one of the few in the world who could even hold Xabi Alonso's pants.

Liverpool playing today, need another win @ the Cottage. Setting up the big game with Tottenham for 5th. Really exceptional by the King in what he has done. No one thought we'd be back in Europe in January.

dw13
05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Suarez... I just can't get enough :D

Liverpool. Rampant.

suckerpuncher
05-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Wow. One has to wonder what Schwarzer got paid by LFC today?
3 big mistakes resulting into the first 3 goals for LFC. And that's not even counting the 4th goal which an above average goalie should have had, too.
But nonetheless LFC actually played a pretty good game.

Do you really think LFC has any real desire to play in the EL next year? I know Bayern would rather sit out completely than playing in the EL. Yeah, you make some money but you play some shitty teams and have to travel to place you never even heard of. And even if you reach the finals or win it nobody gives a damn.
Instead when you not play in the EL you can focus more on the league and save some energy and focus.

The last time Bayern played EL none of the players really gave a fuck. Like the 0-4 loss in the semis at St. Petersburg proved.
I side with "The Kaiser" here who once called the UEFA Cup / EL "Losers Cup". It's just not important anymore.

dw13
05-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Eh. Liverpool were by far the better team, either way.

Yeah, I want in the EL. I want in any competition we can get in. We've won the UEFA Cup 3 times, more than any other club not named Juve or Inter. I want trophies!!!

It's a good competition for youngsters to get their feet wet in Europe.

I didn't want it this past year because our squad wasn't deep enough. We will be though, next season.

Also, I know it's a long stretch but City doesn't have the easiest run in. I think Spurs/Bolton/Stoke. If they lose to Spurs, and draw the last 2... and we win our remaining 3, we will nip them for 4th. :D

I can dream!

dw13
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
GD +21 since KD took over. Scored most in that time (35), conceded 2nd fewest (14).

suckerpuncher
05-09-2011, 04:40 PM
But that was back in the days when the UEFA Cup really mattered. When only the league winners played in the Champion's Cup.
But now with the top 3-4 teams from each country playing in the UCL it's watered down. Look at the winners from the last couple of years. Not exactly what you would call the Who is Who of soccer.
And when it gets later in the season most bigger clubs abandon the EL and playing their B squad and don't even care if they win or not.

And since you're showboating let me tell you LFC may have won the UEFA Cup 3 times but they never won the "Triple Crown" consisting of the UEFA Cup, UCL and Cup Winner's Cup. But then again neither did Real, Milan or Inter since there are only 4 clubs who did it (if you count the predecessor of the UEFA Cup in Barca's favor). ;););)

From what I've heard KD will only stay if he gets a vote on which players will be brought in. But then again shouldn't a coach always have a say in that matter? (Not counting guys like Abromovitch buying their favorites and giving the coach a headache :lol:)

dw13
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Eh, Bayern is still one behind us in European crowns :D

Comolli and Kenny have been all over Europe scouting together. They will work as a team.

The next time the owners are in England, they will finalize a deal. I mean, it's pretty much sealed already, the King is not going anywhere.

suckerpuncher
05-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Seems like LFC has the EL spot in the bag. Just read an article here on a German site were it was pretty obvious Redknapp does not want Tottenham to play in the EL next for the exact same reason I mentioned above.
So I wouldn't be surprised if Tottenham drops the last couple of games to come in 6th and not 5th. Most likely the game against ManC which would also pretty much end LFC hopes to reach 4th place.

Whether or not that would be good sportsmanship is for others to decide.

dw13
05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Seems like LFC has the EL spot in the bag. Just read an article here on a German site were it was pretty obvious Redknapp does not want Tottenham to play in the EL next for the exact same reason I mentioned above.
So I wouldn't be surprised if Tottenham drops the last couple of games to come in 6th and not 5th. Most likely the game against ManC which would also pretty much end LFC hopes to reach 4th place.

Whether or not that would be good sportsmanship is for others to decide.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Spurs are too big for the UEFA Cup?

Never thought I'd see the day. Too fucking funny. I saw the interview where Redknapp said the complete opposite; said the Spurs aren't big enough to just want top 4 places but also understands the problem with the UEFA Cup.

Hope they win today.

dw13
05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
So ready for summer to get here. SOOO many rumors linking players with Liverpool.

suckerpuncher
05-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Surprise, surpise. Tottenham loses thanks to an own goal by Crouch. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

dw13
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
All that money, all those players... and still negative tactics from Mancini.

Meh. Whatever.