PDA

View Full Version : Official Football (Soccer) Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

suckerpuncher
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
The new UCL season is about to start. All we need to do is finishing one spot better than last season. Easy enough task. :D

dw13
09-18-2012, 05:20 PM
If you can't beat Chelsea AT Home, I'm afraid you won't win it this year either :lol:

dw13
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Cracking second half in the City/Madrid game when both managers decided to grow a pair.

suckerpuncher
09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
If you can't beat Chelsea AT Home, I'm afraid you won't win it this year either :lol:
Not sure what you're talking about but but we never played against Chelsea last season. And everyone who says differently is a communist. :D

Oh, and it looks like the old rotation is back. We didn't really utilized it since the glorious days in the Hitzfeld era. But then again in recent years the squad wasn't really deep enough to use it anyway. Looking forward to it.

dw13
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
United still continuing their "always a victim" chants.

I cannot wait to turn them over Sunday. It's going to be a cracking atmosphere, just hope Gerrard decides to show up for the first time this season.

suckerpuncher
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Cheeky Müller with a real nice goal - or as we here call him "Schlitzohr".

dw13
09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
So comical.

Ha.

dw13
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz

If you wonder why I despise their (manc) football club and it's supporters so much.

phaneuf6
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Yea because the Liverpool fans mimicking airplanes weren't to blame at all.

"It's never your fault, it's never your fault, always the victim.." ;)

dw13
09-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Yea because the Liverpool fans mimicking airplanes weren't to blame at all.

"It's never your fault, it's never your fault, always the victim.." ;)

Still have yet to hear or see any proof that Liverpool fans did anything of the sort. Sounds like United who were trying to entice Liverpool all day long to sing Munich songs were making something up for justification.

I mean, singing "Where's your famous Munich song" during the match is proof of that.

suckerpuncher
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Hey phaneuf6, didn't you read the disclaimer that any critic of the Anfield Saints is strongly prohibited? ;)

And what a real shocker that pro LFC sites only show anti-ManU stuff. Interesting thought to use some more independend sources, too.

But when one idiotic Liverpool fan, frustrated at his team’s defeat and provoked by their taunts, responded by spreading his arms into the wings of a plane in the time-honoured way of mocking the Munich air crash, the gloves were off.

‘Murderers!’ and ‘Justice for Heysel’ they chanted, in reference to that other awful tragedy to befall Liverpool Football Club. Several stewards and a policeman hustled him down the steps and out of view. Two more home fans among the few still scattered around the main stand followed suit and spread their arms wide.

‘It’s never you’re fault,’ sang the visitors. ‘Always the victims, it’s never you’re fault.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207603/Liverpool-Manchester-United-fans-break-fragile-peace.html

As the report clearly shows the ManU fans did some tasteless stuff but they still kept some level of decency.
But once the LFC fan started with the airplane gesture then, and only then the ManU fans started with the victim chants. In the end both sides are idiots.

I know I wanted to stay out of this but I just can't stand it when the city of the only real greatest club in the world is dragged into this whole BS, again.

But back to the real word. Another game, another convincing victory. Right now it would be hard for anyone to beat us. If only it could last for the whole season.

dw13
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM
What will you do next? Quote the S*n on Hillsborough news?

I don't condone any Munich chants or motions it's disgusting. LOL @ you saying Liverpool started anything. The match (which you did you even watch?) they were singing routinely "Where's your famous Munich song" trying to provke our fans.

Not one Munich song was sung at the match by the way. Not one. Extremely proud of that. There will always be dumbasses, but we were never once in full voice saying one thing about Munich.

But you have 4 thousand traveling fans singing Murderers. As opposed to "2 fans" the the DAILY FAIL quotes. Love that "one fan" "two fans" - give me a break. I don't and won't ever believe any rag over there quoting Liverpool stuff. You wouldn't understand why though.

Pro Liverpool sites? What the fuck are you even talking about? I linked you something that was recorded on Sky and was on someone's twitter. No fucking site involved.

suckerpuncher
09-25-2012, 07:40 PM
LOL. I actually watched the game. (In all fairness it was in German since they don't show games in the native language anymore after the verdict about European PayTV rights I posted earlier.) But whatever.

You probably never heard of cause and effect, did you? All you did was showing the effect. Never once mentioning what caused it. Very objective.
Btw. Not so long ago you yourself said something along the lines like Sky is garbage. But now it's the best of the best.

I provided a link showing both the result and what caused it. And it's not 1 fan or 2 fans it's 1 fan and then 2 other which makes it 3. (Called math.) And now all of the sudden the source is of course unreliable since they dare to tell more than your source, right?

And I never said anything I just paraphrased the article. And I couldn't care less about who wins the pissing contest between those two just like the rest of the world outside those two cities.
Maybe someone should tell them it's 2012 and it's time to stop acting like idiots. Especially since quite a lot of those "fans" weren't even part of any of the incidents and just hear all those "glorious stories" from other people who weren't there. Wishful thinking, I guess.

All I'm saying is if you want to tell a story at least take some time to take a look at both sides and don't just leave out anything you don't like and try to pull a fast one on everyone. But it seems once more that being impartial is not your strong suit.
Once again I don't judge I just try to give both sides of the story so everyone can makeup their own mind.

dw13
09-26-2012, 05:25 AM
A) Never called Sky the best of the best. They're morons. But they had video proof of 4 thousand away fans in full voice calling people who have had their lives completely ruined by a tragedy, "Murderers"

B) The Daily Fail quotes 3 fans. And if it's the truth, they should be banned for life without question. I don't condone anything of the sort, and Liverpool Football Club doesn't either. (And even the dirty United don't). But don't you find it silly, they are pointing at 3 fans in total for egging on the United supporters? And don't tell me it was JUST them (even if it's true) taunting. They sung "Where's your famous Munich song" the whole day.

C) I'm disgusted by you saying the fans haven't been affected by it. It's affected the whole city. Everton fans have made that clear with their non-stop support around the country in their matches as well. It wasn't just 96 lives affected. Their families, their friends, the city. You clearly don't know anyone from Liverpool or anything of the sort. It's something that's caused an extreme amount of grief and anguish since the day it happened. You didn't have to be there to be affected you fucking insensitive prick.

You haven't got a clue, so don't come in here saying I'm fooling anyone. Listening to you is enough proof that you don't know anything about Liverpool, United or Hillsborough.

#2 on my ignore list. Congrats.

suckerpuncher
09-26-2012, 06:14 AM
I have no clue why you are putting words in my mouth I never said (paragraph C). Maybe something got lost in translation here??? All I'm saying was the most of the fans weren't physically present at the scene of the incidents (on both sides). If that makes an insensitive prick then so be it. Though I have no idea why.
But if it helps you to demonize me be my guest.

dw13
09-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Guess we're both putting words in each others mouth.

suckerpuncher
09-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Maybe I should post in German too so at least the true meaning of my words come out. Just for the record. Not that anyone would be capable to understand them here, though.

dw13
09-27-2012, 03:17 PM
What's the difference between Suarez and Terry incident

suckerpuncher
09-27-2012, 04:49 PM
The game would be so much better if there were more class acts like Klose. Well done, again, Miro.

dw13
09-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Shame he plays for such a disgusting club now.

suckerpuncher
09-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Someone has to teach them some manners. Who better than Klose?

dw13
09-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Someone has to teach them some manners. Who better than Klose?

Touche.

Shame it won't happen though. They were just in London doing monkey chants at Defoe.

suckerpuncher
09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Hoffenheim's midfielder Boris Vukcevic was involved in a horrible car crash today is in critical condition and in a coma with severe head injuries. The team is contemplating canceling their match this weeked.
Hopes and prayers to him and his family.

dw13
09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Cheers to Dortmund for their Justice for the 96 banner today.

suckerpuncher
09-30-2012, 06:43 AM
For your sake I really hope it wasn't the same group of "fans" that were handing out racist flyers the week before.

dw13
09-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Leave it to you :lol:

dw13
10-02-2012, 04:56 PM
crickets

suckerpuncher
10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Is this considered as kicking someone when he's already down?
As great as we play right right now I also start to feel a bit sorry for the Irish. Trap is gonna be really mad about conceding that many goals.

But it seems like the perfect answer to all the critics coming out lately. Now we need to follow this performance with another good one against Sweden on Tuesday.

Roy Hinske
10-14-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't know much about soccer but my youngest son has been invited to England for a tryout. Iam kind of apprehensive after hearing all the insanity that seems to go on in European soccer. Does anyone know if it is common to invite 17 year old players from all over the world for a tryout.

suckerpuncher
10-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Roy, I wrote a bit about scouting and youth soccer here: http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?64622-First-Coaching-Duty&p=777750&viewfull=1#post777750

Though it's more in general or specific for Germany it may help you a bit.

To make it short it's very common especially in England to invite kids for tryouts. And since they (Non EU-players) can only be signed when they turn 18 (there are of course some loopholes for extremely talented younger kids) inviting 17yo is the way to go since if he leaves a good impression he can sign almost immediately.

Yet I'd still be a but careful and check twice if it's a real agent etc.

suckerpuncher
10-16-2012, 03:23 PM
On a different not I think I found a great statistic on WhoScored.com
Luis Suarez: Since signing for the club, Liverpool have won 35.4% of the PL games Suarez has started, compared to 54.5% without him starting.

-> Fire him now, if you want to win. :p

suckerpuncher
10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
What the hell just happened? Dominating the game for 60 minutes and then we blew a 4-0 lead at home. Unbelievable.

Can't wait for the medial shitstrom to break out now.

suckerpuncher
10-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Real once again can't win in Germany. What else is new?
But I'm a bit surprised Schalke was able to dominate Arsenal in the way they did.

And City - haha.

dw13
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Funny how you don't show up when BATE destroys your team.

Luis Suarez would walk into any team in the world.

Also, since when has Ozil been shit?

suckerpuncher
10-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Why should I give a fuck about our only loss this year. The reason where obvious and something like this won't happen again so why care about it. Team was too arrogant and took Bate lightly and got what they deserved. Simple as that.
Do I come around here everytime you lose? No. Because it would (almost) be a full time job. :p

If my math is correct where 12-1 overall so far this season (8-0 in the Bundesliga) and often playing excellent football.

Özil has fallen out of the graces of Mourinho and just doesn't have the confidence he had last season. There where already rumors linking him to Bayern. Doubt he'll come though.
Even funniers is the rumor about Petersen.

dw13
10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Disgusted.

And big Sami put your little club in its place.

suckerpuncher
10-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Great unqualified remarks. If you actually saw the game then even you'd have to realise that the loss was all about 2 more than lucky bounce on both goals by Leverkusen than anything. But whatever.

The most important lesson we learned today is that ManU can still outsmart Chelsea especially on the finacial aspect of the game. A couple of grants invested in a ref bring you way more (and almost immediatly) ROI than wasting million of pounds on overrated players. :D

suckerpuncher
11-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Mediocre conversation rate today. Should have easily been double digit goals today. Yet we can and have to live with it.

phaneuf6
11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Go on Celtic!

dw13
11-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Sometimes anti-football prevails.

Not often. But sometimes. And it did here.

Massive result for Celtic.

dw13
11-10-2012, 11:30 AM
So happy my cable company got the BeIN Network.

Can watch German/Italian/Spanish leagues again.

dw13
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
disregard

suckerpuncher
11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Would be interesting to know how the Bundesliga is represented in the states.
How many games to they show each week? And do they show them live or delayed? There are 5 unique live spots (1x Friday, 2x Saturday and another 2x Sunday tough the earlier Saturday spot is where 5 matches are played at the same time). And do they show all teams less popular matchups like Düsseldorf vs. Hoffenheim this Saturday or do they concentrate on the big names?

dw13
11-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I'd have to pay much more attention to the schedule to tell you that.

I normally flick on other games after the Liverpool game during the weekends... and watch whoever is being shown.

dw13
11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Get Dzeko in come January, Liverpool.

Stunning player.

suckerpuncher
11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Luiz Adriano is such a disgrace for the game. Unbelievable. What a classless guy.

dw13
11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Rafa to Chelsea it seems.

Gutted.

dw13
11-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Chelsea nor their fans deserve someone like Rafa.

Outstanding man. The fans at Chelsea already hate him for whatever reason (because he destroyed Jose?). They say he's not good enough...uhh what? Took LFC to 2 CL finals, most points in a league season ever, won the league with Valencia and UEFA Cup.

There's only a few managers in world football better than Rafa.

suckerpuncher
11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
In world where Abramovich has any knowledge about football Rafa might be a world class manager. In the real world he's not even in the top 10 of active managers. Sorry.
And Chelsea has so much trust in him they gave him the interim tag until the end of the season.
Btw. his greatest accomplishment was to squeeze some goals out of Torres in BPL. :lol:

Seems like Huntelaar will be leaving Schalke this winter for sure with Arsenal being the frontrunners to sign him. Giving up on Giroud already?
And what about the Großkreutz rumors? Any truth to that?

UEFA is trying to do the right think for once and is at least investigating Luiz Adriano for unsportslike misconduct. But I doubt they'll come up with anything substancial.

dw13
11-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Comical to not think Rafa is in the top 10 of active managers. Or isn't "world class"

Absolutely comical, and I won't even have the conversation with you. No, his greatest achievement was winning the European Cup with Djimi Traore as his left back or maybe beating Barca and Madrid twice for the La Liga title. I'll leave it alone, Rafa means a ton to me so it'll never be a civil argument if you think that little of him.

Großkreutz rumor is supposedly genuine. He's said he dreams of playing at Liverpool, atleast that's what I've heard. How do you rate him? (although if Liverpool are in for him, I'm sure you'll say he's shit)

suckerpuncher
11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I would never say he's shit but he isn't the most gifted player out there. He's more of a fighter than a technican. And in Dortmund he isn't an everyday player. Maybe he could get more playing time in Liverpool and the BPL could benefit his playing style. Especially if the Downing rumors are true. And he could at least light some fire under Sterling's butt and help him develop.
Heard he's a very good friend of Sahin and is in regular contact with him. If Sahin would stay longer he would probably be easier to sign.

dw13
11-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Cheers. I knew the first part, but I didn't know about him and Sahin.

Really hope we can capture Sahin regardless.

suckerpuncher
11-28-2012, 02:43 PM
The latest idea by Platini to kill off the EL by 2015 and instead have 64 clubs in the UCl is one of the dumbest ideas in recent history. Not a lot of support there. There are even rumors the big clubs would rather plan an own competition in case this happens.

And it seems like Götze has a €37+ mio. buy-out clause in his contract and clubs have to make a written bid by April 1. Could be interesting. Considering Arsenal bid €40 mio. this summer there should be a lot of competition for him. Hope we can get him.

dw13
11-28-2012, 04:43 PM
If our owners don't invest in the club in January and next summer, we're a mid-table team for a long, long time to come.

Dire.

suckerpuncher
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm one of the biggest critics of Dortmund but those are some strong but true words from Watzke: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/02/borussia-dortmund-premier-league

ih8music
12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
wtf? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/dutch-youth-soccer-linesman-dies-attack_n_2232427.html)

dw13
12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
No one will argue with that SP.

English football has numerous problems.

dw13
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
For 2 days, order is restored. City is not in Europe and Liverpool is! :lol:

suckerpuncher
12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Your dreams have become very small. :D

Looks like Messi will have a good shot to beat or at least tie Gerd Müller's 30 year old record of 85 goals in a calender year (club & national team). Unbelievable.
Of course it wouldn't be me if I wouldn't add a litttle caveat, now would it? Müller scored the 85 goals in just 60 matches while Messi will need at least 65 games to score 85. ;)

dw13
12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Both of them, unreal players. Cannot believe Messi is 25.

suckerpuncher
12-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Now we forget to put Pele into that mix with "just" 80 goals in a calendar year. Those 3 scored each more goals than very many clubs in a year. Stunning.

Btw. there was a study published here last week in Germany that came to the conclusion that players considered not good-looking are actual better than the ones considered to be good-looking. (Ugly kicks better. ;) )

Would explain why CR7 never won Ballon d'Or.

dw13
12-05-2012, 02:09 PM
:lol:

Suarez would walk away with the award every year if it were based on ugliness!

suckerpuncher
12-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Not quite. There are still Lescott, Tevez and Ribery.

dw13
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
:lol::lol:

suckerpuncher
12-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Damn, I think we need another CB in the January transfer window.

Badstuber tore his ACL last weekend, now Boateng got a stupid red card and will likely miss the next 2 UCL games. That leaves van Buyten, who is old and injury prone and Dante, who played all games so far (and very good I might add) but might get tired later in the year and already has 2 yellows in the UCL and will soon miss a game. Martinez and Tymo can play CB but it's not their natural position and later on in the ko-stage of the UCL it might be costly.

But it will be hard to find some good enough to help the team and also be eligible to play in the UCL.

suckerpuncher
12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Wow, Messi stretchered out with what looks to be a serious injury. Shocker.
And now I probably get blamed for jinxing him with my post here earlier.

dw13
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Sounds like he'll be alright.

Thank goodness.

dw13
12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
That was a cracking Manchester derby. I don't normally watch but it had everything you could ever want in it.

suckerpuncher
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice game but I think they used that script before. :D

And Kudos to Messi for breaking Müller's record. Absolutely astonishing.
Personally I still hold Müller's feat in (a bit) higher regards (call it Bayern bias if you want) since he only needed 60 games (Messi 66) and because Müller had 0 penalty goals while Messi has 13 so far. But that's probably just splitting hairs.

What is absolutely amazing about Messi is the fact he only had 3 bigger injuries so far and never missed more than about a month with an injury.
I've seen so many players had their careers derailed or at least hindered by major (often knee) injuries it really seems Messi is blessed in that regard.

suckerpuncher
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Uh-oh. While most English tabloids link Pep to City, Chelsea or even ManU in different stages of negotiation (from just talks to already preliminary agreements in place) the Sunday Times now has a big article saying Pep himself prefers us to any BPL team for different reasons. From being run more professionally (obviously) to having a great youth academy and the right mix of home-grown and foreign players and of course the involvement of former players in the club seems appealing to him.
Maybe even the general rise of the Bundesliga itself (afterall we advanced all 7 starters to the knockout stage of the European competions) can be part of this.
Heynckes contract is up at the end of the season and it's his decision whether he wants to be back or not. But at age 67 he might opt for retirement especially if he knows the club will be in good hands.
Or maybe, just maybe, both Heynckes and Pep for one year similar to Sami and Lewandowski @Leverkusen. Heynckes can ease Pep into the job since he's fluent in Spanish and Pep has some more time to learn German and get to know the club and team before taking over completely.

Still a long way from anything substancial and maybe it's nothing at all but at least it's interesting to see the English press print out those things.

dw13
12-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Over the moon with our comeback.

Never looked like it was going to happen. No real-striker in our team and we fought back to win.

The most pleasing result of this calender year. Sad but true. Extremely happy. 4 points off 4th now.

dw13
12-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Tony Barrett's article tonight claiming that Commolli & Kenny identified Henderson as a preferred target over Mario Gotze.

So Comolli had Downing > Mata. Hendo > Gotze.

My god, how has the man worked in football before? At such a high level?

suckerpuncher
12-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Lol.
And didn't they also let Ince go, a player you now desperatly trying to buy back?

dw13
12-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Lol.
And didn't they also let Ince go, a player you now desperatly trying to buy back?

Can't really fault either side on the Ince thing. He and his father tried to rush him into the first team when in reality, he was always overshadowed in our academy. He demanded a higher contract than the old regime was willing to go and he left. We did put something in his contract though, so it'll make the transfer less.

Looks a brand new player really. I saw him a ton coming through the academy and he always had the talent but maybe not the size or consistency. He's matured greatly at Blackpool and I'd certainly have no problem having him back.

suckerpuncher
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
All of those bad signings + the Carroll one pale in comparison to their most atrocious act ever - they signed Stewart Downing. :D

dw13
12-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Just locked up my flight and hotel in Liverpool. Will be seeing the Spurs/Liverpool match at Anfield. Hopefully will travel around and catch maybe another few lower league matches while around.

suckerpuncher
12-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Arsenal it is in the round of last 16. Not the easiest draw but it could have been worse.

Barca vs. Milan and ManU vs. Real should be some crackers.

dw13
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Arsenal it is in the round of last 16. Not the easiest draw but it could have been worse.

Barca vs. Milan and ManU vs. Real should be some crackers.

Outside of Celtic, Arsenal was the easiest draw. Absolute shit team with a manager who has lost the plot. Just make sure they don't find form before then, which I don't see happening.

dw13
12-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Slur Alex "Van Persie could of been killed"

Does he actually hear himself talk? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

suckerpuncher
12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Already some great campaings out there like "Ban footballs from sports" or a picture of a football and the slogan "Wanted for attempted murder!"! :D

Btw. Your take on Chelsea paying Sturridge about €2 mio. so he leaves the club?

dw13
12-24-2012, 05:38 PM

I don't have much of an opinion on Sturridge. I think he fits what we are looking for. Pace and goals from a wide position. The only question is his attitude and if he can do it on a consistent basis. Hopefully he settles quick and hits the ground running because with how poor the league is this year - Liverpool are still in the chase for a UCL position. Fingers crossed.

suckerpuncher
12-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Let me say it this way:

:D

dw13
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Fully deserved Messi.

Also, enjoy Pep next year SP.

suckerpuncher
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
While I agree on Messi the TOTY selections are a joke. Does anyone from FIFA even know that there are players outside of Spainiards / La Liga?

And Blatter is still the same old wanker as he always was. Instead of applauding Boateng for what he did he calls him out. I'm not the biggest KP Boateng fan out there but one has to admire him for standing up to those idiots.

As far as Pep goes there are so many rumors out there on a daily basis. Until he really signs anywhere I remain sceptic though I'd like him signing with us.

dw13
01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Thoughts on Bastian Oczipka, SP?

suckerpuncher
01-10-2013, 05:08 PM
He's a young man who played a very good first half for Frankfurt this season. His time at Leverkusen wasn't that great since he didn't really got a shot there. Before that he showed some real promise when playing for St. Pauli.

He's technical gifted and already has 7 assists while playing all 17 games at left FB. He's very offensive minded and crosses/passes the ball well yet at times interprets his role more as a LM.

What's not so good so far are his defensive skills which are his biggest knock so far. Too often his positioning on defense isn't good which might partially due to his offensive interpretation of his role. He really needs to improve there.
If he can do that and keeps his form he has shown in the first half he can be a very good FB. There are some similarities to a young Lahm when he was loaned to Stuttgart though that doesn't mean he'll be at the same level one day.

Given the state of the left FB in our national squad (Schmelzer or Badstuber, who is a CB) he might even get a shot in the near future.

dw13
01-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Cracking player on FM, too. :D

suckerpuncher
01-11-2013, 07:48 PM
So what's up with the rumors that Sahin got lied to by Rogers about where he would play and also didn't get much playing time because Gerrard was jealous of him?

dw13
01-12-2013, 04:42 PM
So what's up with the rumors that Sahin got lied to by Rogers about where he would play and also didn't get much playing time because Gerrard was jealous of him?

Be completely honest, I don't think Rodgers did his homework on Sahin or just rated Gerrard higher in the position. He always played Sahin higher up the pitch when obviously his best position is as a deep lying midfielder

suckerpuncher
01-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Not a good sign if a coach gets a player without knowing how to use him. Everybody who saw Sahin play should know that he's a 6, maybe an 8 but can never really be effective as a 10.

Btw. did you put some big money on ManU for tomorrows game to make the best out of a bad situation? I mean with Webb as referee the game seems to be all but decided already before kickoff.

dw13
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Not a good sign if a coach gets a player without knowing how to use him. Everybody who saw Sahin play should know that he's a 6, maybe an 8 but can never really be effective as a 10.

Btw. did you put some big money on ManU for tomorrows game to make the best out of a bad situation? I mean with Webb as referee the game seems to be all but decided already before kickoff.

Yeah I agree. I was baffled when I saw Sahin deployed as a no. 10. Great player, glad he got out of there. He wasn't used right.

It's always Webb. It's disgusting but it's nothing new. We'll have 12 players against our 11 (probably 10 by the end).

Buzzing for it though to be honest. Think we've got a real chance.

suckerpuncher
01-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Alright, Italian media reports that a Spaniard decides against working in England and rather sings in Germany. United Europe at work, I guess. :)

Still not convinced it's really a done deal. Yesterday media reports he's 100% going to City, the days and weeks before it was ManU or Chelsea.

dw13
01-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I miss the days when we were good.

suckerpuncher
01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Yeah, you wouldn't be a real LFC fan if you weren't constantly thinking about the good old days. :p

Probably best paraphrased in the good old joke:
How many Liverpool fans does it take to change a light bulb? - 0. They just sit in the dark and reminiscent how great the old one was.

(I know I'll probably draw a lot more heat for that one but I just couldn't resist. Sorry.)

suckerpuncher
01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Thank you, Jupp. For everything you did for the club. Would be great to see him retire with the triple at the end of the season. Great to see him staying after this season as part of the organization.

Welcome Pep. Great decision to join us. Of all the options the one with the most football. And it shows he isn't after the money since he won't be getting the €22 mio./year City offered, probably not even half of that.

And it's not just a great deal for Bayern to get Pep but for the whole Bundesliga. Rising and rising to the top.

dw13
01-16-2013, 12:25 PM
As I said awhile ago, enjoy Pep. Great sign and I'm sure they'll fund him well.

Also about the LFC comment you made. I'm not even talking about the 80's even. Just 2008 when we were the #1 team in UEFA ranking. That United side that beat us Sunday and will win the title is seriously a horrible team. Shocking how far we are behind them, even with how bad they are this year.

suckerpuncher
01-16-2013, 01:11 PM
English football in general is declining. 2-3 years ago Pep would haven gone to the EPL without hesitation but not anymore.

Look what happend over the past years. The clubs are now more than ever owner-centric. ManU was prospering until the Glazer's took them over an ran them into the ground. Same thing happened to you. And clubs like City and Chelsea are in the hand of rich owners who haven't got the slightest clue about what's going on in football and just buy players and want titles. City's team is a train wreck. No great coach want to take them over. On one hand the owner is pressuring and on the other side they may have great players but too many egos don't make them a good/great team.

Good thing we have the 50+1 rule here which prohibts outside takeovers. Not sure if you saw happened the last couple of days with 1860 Munich, their Jordanian investor (who owns 49%), the club bosses, S-G Ericsson. What a train wreck.

dw13
01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Obviously the German model of a football league is the right model.

English Football isn't on a decline per se, but it's driven by one club. The whole country - driven by one club. I think Pep would of been fully on board of taking United over if the whiskey nose was content on retiring. He clearly wants to keep managing.

Wonder if Chelsea names Rafa the full manager or not now

suckerpuncher
01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
But that ManU doesn't really rank among the top teams in Europe anymore. At very least they don't strike the same fear as they did a couple of years ago.
And if this club is the best in the EPL it says something about the level of the EPL.

dw13
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
But that ManU doesn't really rank among the top teams in Europe anymore. At very least they don't strike the same fear as they did a couple of years ago.
And if this club is the best in the EPL it says something about the level of the EPL.

I agree. I'm not saying in terms of quality the EPL is still up there. I've not considered the PL the best league in Europe for some time now. It's the most competitive and intense though for me.

I hope Pep going to Germany gives some more exposure to the Bundesliga as I'm a massive fan

dw13
01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
David Alaba is a world beater in FM.

That is all.

dw13
01-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Better sell Neuer now.

suckerpuncher
01-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Why should we sell Neuer?

dw13
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Why should we sell Neuer?

Valdes moving on from Barca after his contract!

suckerpuncher
01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Haha. Almost as bad as all the Robben/passing jokes out there.

suckerpuncher
01-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Strong rumors from Spain that Raul will be one of the two assistents Pep will bring in.
This would be his first job in coaching so it's tough to make an assassement on him in that regard. But as a person he's a real class act and according to sources Raul was one of the guys who swayed Pep in his decision to come to Germany after his short stint and experience with Schalke.

dw13
01-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Heard that as well.

Love Raul.

dw13
01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
The Mirror saying Pep is going to bid 40m for Suarez as his first sign at Bayern :lol::lol::lol:

suckerpuncher
01-20-2013, 06:09 AM
Noooooooooooooo. If we sign a Suarez it will be Francisco Roman Alarcon Suarez aka Isco.

dw13
01-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Noooooooooooooo. If we sign a Suarez it will be Francisco Roman Alarcon Suarez aka Isco.

Love how you say no like signing Suarez would be a bad thing. He's one of the best players in the world.

Also yeah, Isco is outstanding.

suckerpuncher
01-20-2013, 02:25 PM
All his baggage and character issues make him a red-flag. Sounds more like LFC hopes for a big payday with the rumored €40 mio. transfer fee.

dw13
01-20-2013, 02:42 PM
All his baggage and character issues make him a red-flag. Sounds more like LFC hopes for a big payday with the rumored €40 mio. transfer fee.

I'm not even going to bother answering to any of this shit.

suckerpuncher
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Most likely because you can't.
Fact is that Suarez is more than just disliked by a lot of people in England for his constant diving, cheating and the Evra "incident".
And his hand ball during the WC2010 and his celebration afterwards is also something a lot of people didn't like and still hold against him. One can clearly see a pattern there. A lot of fans here don't see him as a good fit for Bayern.
And don't tell me the club wouldn't like the €47 mio. Especially if he gets more and more disgruntled because he doesn't have much of a chance to play in the UCL.

One of the big factors for this rumor is simply the fact that Pep's brother is Suarez' agent.

dw13
01-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Mostly because I can't? Good one bud. I'm not buying into your troll shit. Give me a break, you know very little of Suarez and all you do is talk shit about LFC around here.

suckerpuncher
01-20-2013, 05:58 PM
You brought the whole thing up. And once again you haven't brought up one single point to disprove anything I said.
I never said that he isn't a good player but that his well documented character issues alienated a lot of people and he wouldn't fit the kind of characters we have atm.
And that a club (any club for that matter) that is about 2 years removed from going bancrupt and isn't going anywhere in the near-medium future is probably better off taking the €47 mio. for their arguably best player atm. to rebuild is also a very realistic assessment. Especially if said player has aspirations (maybe even got promised) to play in the UCL and might get disgruntled soon.
And I would say the exact same things about any player in a similar situation from any club.

Yet, you always run personal attacks when you run out of arguments or can't refute the facts or read things you don't like but I'm the one who's trolling. Dream on.
I'm the one who always has to defend himself from your insults and attacks.

dw13
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
I refuse to refute anything because you're a troll. But here goes...

a) Well documented character issues? Like what? Evra issue is a he said, she said thing. Never been truly proven of anything. He dives? You have the biggest diver in the world in your team. He complains? He cut that out months ago when he said he would, he doesn't do it anymore. He handballed in the world cup? Tell me who wouldn't of done that. None of these are 'character' issues.

b) He's heads over heels for Liverpool at the current time. I know football changes but there's nothing to suggest he wants to leave. He's settled, he's a family man and he loved the fans and city. He doesn't want to leave.

c) The club doesn't need money. We're a massive club. We don't need to sell to make revenue. The only way Suarez would be sold is if he asked to leave, brings you back to b.

d) 40m isn't just a "payday" as Suarez is worth well more than 40m.

e) If Suarez was signed tomorrow by Bayern, even if you deny it now you'd be over the moon. He'd walk into your first team and he would be a tremendous asset. Truly stunning player

You know yourself how much you troll LFC on here. And you know it gets me going.

suckerpuncher
01-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Once again the name calling.

a.) For once he admitted to have used that certain term towards Evra at least 8 times. But that's old history. But what about his hand ball less than 2 weeks ago? And as far as the WC 2010 goes it's not so much about the hand ball itself (though Klose wouldn't have done it ;) ) but his antics afterwards. He didn't show any remorse or sportsmanship but celebrated his actions. That's what pissed off a lot of people. And Robben is a part time player at best and all his antics over the last couple of years cost him a lot of credit even with his own fans evident by Bayern fans booing him during a friendly.

b.) It might be true. But after all he has done to alienate others especially in England it would be very hard to move him inside of the BPL. And teams outside of the BPL haven't shown much interest so far. Yet that will probably change in the summer. We'll see how much settled in he is then when other clubs who play in the UCL wave around money.

c.) Any club needs to make revenue especially if they one day enforce tougher rules on FFP. And even if he's happy now he most likely can't be satisfied with playing in the middle of the table and scratching for EL spots at best. At least he should be demanding more from himself.

d.) I corrected myself to €47 mio. Which is according to sources his buy-out clause in his contract. So someone must have expected something when signing him. And it would be about €20 mio. more than you paid for him. What his actual value is is not for me to decide though I would not pay €47 mio. for him.

e.) No, I would not. I would have to arrange/live with the fact that he's part of the team but that doesn't mean I have to like him. Still to this day I'm not a fan of Robben but accepted him. And most fans would give Suarez a fair chance to prove himself but if he does his same old act again they will be all over him.

dw13
01-20-2013, 07:41 PM
His handball a few weeks ago even HE thought would be called back. It wasn't. He isn't the ref. Don't refer to Klose, refer to any other football who has handballed a goal before. It's football, I'm not sure if you played or not but it happens. Often.

He shouldn't of shown remorse for what he did. He did it on purpose. Some agree with what he did, some don't. It doesn't mean he has character issues. (Edit: Referring to the WC)

Clubs in CL waving money at him? Juve tried in the summer. He told them and Cacares to get fucked, he was staying at Liverpool. I love how you say it'll "probably" change in the summer. My god you haven't got a clue what you're even talking about. You don't know anything of Liverpool, just as I don't know anything of Bayern. Difference is, you just keep talking when you don't know anything.

If FFP is ever actually enforced, I'll be shocked. But again, we won't need to be a selling club to follow in rules. We already do. We're not looking to cash in on Suarez, we're building our team around him.

Keep crying I'm calling you names by saying you're a troll. "Probably best paraphrased in the good old joke:
How many Liverpool fans does it take to change a light bulb? - 0. They just sit in the dark and reminiscent how great the old one was."

Enough said. You are.

suckerpuncher
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Fact - QSI owns PSG.
Fact - QSI sponsors Barca big time.
Fact - QSI owns the BeIn Sports Network in France which owns the UCL TV rights and pays a substancial amount of money to the UEFA every season.

And now all of the sudden the UEFA decides to reduce Zlatan's ban from 2 games to 1 game so he can play in both PSG/Barca games. Coincidence?
In 2010 Ribery didn't get such a luxory treatment and had to miss the UCL final.
Well done UEFA. At least you're not corrupt as the FIFA is, right? :rolleyes:

Makes one also wonder if QSI already decided who will advance to the UCL semis. :dead:

dw13
04-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Even though I'm not a fan of yours.

I can't help but think you're having a great time watching Bayern play this season. What a side.

Not to mention the two men they're bringing in now in the summer.

suckerpuncher
04-24-2013, 06:31 AM
If it wasn't for the Hoeness distraction I couldn't be happier. The way we play this season is just brilliant. And even in my wildest dreams I couldn't imagine to beat Barca 4-0. But of course we're not quite through yet but at least we're in the driver seat for another final.

Wonder what Pep was thinking after last nights game. Will be hard for him to top that next year. But then again his job will be more than just being a coach. He'll be laying a new foundation at the youth levels.

The Götze signing is great. Not only do we get the most talented German player but we also weaken Dortmund. And the other done deal is Kirchhoff who is probably more depth than anything else.

As far as Lewandowski goes it's said that the contract is agreed upon and it's only a question if he'll come this year for a fee or next year for free. But today I read some English newspapers that ManU is trying to make a push for him. Not sure if they could get him when he already signed an agreement with Bayern.
And similar situation with Rode. The deal is agreed upon and he can be had for €9 mio. this year or for free next year.

Latest rumors says Hummels would now be willing to rejoin us after snubbing us a couple of years ago.

dw13
04-24-2013, 12:48 PM
I have on pretty good word that United have already put a down payment on Falcao.

suckerpuncher
04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Even if they should get Falcao someone should tell them (or better not?) that a striker isn't their (main) problem.

And respect to the Dortmund fans for listening to Klopp & company and don't boo Götze tonight.
But I guess that will be different at their next league home game. Coincidentally againts Bayern in 10 days.

dw13
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm not suggesting Falcao or a striker is a good buy. Just what I've heard.

suckerpuncher
04-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Didn't say you did. Just made a general assessment of their situation.

Anyway, atm. it looks like the Bundesliga match on May, 4 will be the dress rehearsal for the UCL final.

suckerpuncher
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM
So 2 German clubs just thrashed the FIFA World XI 8-1.
Considering Dortmund is 20 points behind Bayern and they still walked all over Real tonight.

Germany's biggest paper just reported Mou + Falcao to Chelsea is a done deal.

dw13
04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Wouldn't be surprised

dw13
05-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Rooney to Bayern? Anything in your news over there about that

suckerpuncher
05-08-2013, 05:06 AM
His name came up a couple of weeks ago as did so many at the time. And now he said he would like to play for us which doesn't mean he will.
Right now Lewandowski is the primary target as a striker. But if Dortmund blocks a deal with us and either rather sells him outside the Bundesliga or our the new staff doesn't want to wait another year to get him for free (or even still wants to wait but isn't happy with who's on our team next season) then other strikers will get back in the mix.
Rooney might be one of them but so are many others. In the end it's up to Dortmund and who Pep wants if the Lewandowski deal falls trough for next season.

Btw. Did hell just froze over in Manchester? I mean it's one thing if a pope resigns for the first time in about 1.000 years but Fergie? :D

dw13
05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Never been so happy over a decision.

Finally.

suckerpuncher
05-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Rooney? ;)

dw13
05-08-2013, 05:48 PM
I dislike Rooney.

I hate Slur Alex.

dw13
05-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Moyes to United. hahahahahaha :D

suckerpuncher
05-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Looks like Falcao won't be going to England but signs with freshly promoted Monaco.
What seems to be a big surprise might in the end be nothing more than a ploy. Atletico won't sell him to Real so he goes to Monaco which will give him a buy-out clause so he can leave for Real either in January or after the new season. And in the mean time he makes a couple of tax-free millions in salary.

suckerpuncher
05-25-2013, 03:39 PM
5!

dw13
05-25-2013, 10:02 PM
5!

Welcome to the club.

I'll allow you to use the 5 finger salute now.

suckerpuncher
07-13-2013, 02:04 PM
FYI: In exactly 365 days at this exact time we will play (and subsequently win) @Maracana. :cool:

suckerpuncher
07-17-2013, 08:50 AM
It took FIFA only 3 years to realize it might be hot during the summer in Qatar and now Blatter finally wants to hold the WC2022 during the winter.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Well, there are some really interesting groups. Especially B and D.

While we have to play The Diver's team, The Other Boateng's team and the One Man team.

suckerpuncher
01-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Getting ready to see Ribery get screwed over later today @Ballon D'Or by Blatter and his minions @FIFA.
What an absolute joke if Ribery doesn't win it.

b_illin
01-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Yeah, i'd agree...him or messi. Frankly Suarez is the best bd.ut he's such an incredible asshole that he'll always get overlooked.

TFC making some crazy moves in MLS - Gilberto, Bradley & Defoe

PS: I guess ronaldo's rape stuff was long enough ago that it didn't count against him...i hate that asshole