PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs

King_Killah
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
No football story...

Last Thursday, while dining with his wife and child at a restaurant in Huntington Beach, CA, Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez (http://www.footballguys.com/GonzTo00-1.php) helped a man who was choking and saved his life according to the man.
When another diner, Ken Hunter, started to choke and nobody did anything to help, Gonzalez rushed to the man's aid, performing the Heimlich Maneuver. "I just did what my natural instincts told me to do, help someone in need. I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. The man was in distress and he needed help quickly," Gonzalez said.

The man who was choking said he will be "forever grateful" to Tony and will now be rooting for him and his team in the upcoming season?. "Me and my girlfriend couldn't thank him enough, he saved my life"?.

But a nice story all the same! Way to go T-Gonz!

King_Killah
08-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Because kickers need lovin' too...

The Chiefs on Monday took a new step toward ending Herm Edwards' disappointment with the team's kicking, when Kansas City signed former Miami kicker Jay Feely.
Feely signed a one-year contract. Other terms weren't immediately available.

Feely's signing puts serious doubts the Chiefs will retain one of their young kickers, either rookie Connor Barth or three-year veteran Nick Novak. Both were 2-for-3 so far this preseason, each of their misses coming from 48 yards.

phaneuf6
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Because kickers need lovin' too...

Snip Snip.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=247695&lid=sublink08&lpos=headlines_main

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Kicker Jay Feely (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5447/;_ylt=AqmOMgPpLEfHKszqBA3hKmcdsLYF) has been cut by the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/;_ylt=AmNBHU48h2eq6a9pQYqqqFEdsLYF), a day after signing a one-year deal.
Feely was an eight-year veteran who kicked for Miami last season. He was brought in to challenge Connor Barth and Nick Novak (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7505/;_ylt=AhABSA4.Srj5y3kX7bdh.ZwdsLYF) for the starting job.
The three had what coach Herm Edwards called a “kick off” on Monday and Tuesday to determine who would make the team.
Chiefs president Carl Peterson announced Feely’s release on Wednesday. That leaves 76 players on the roster.

Those kickers that need lovin' too... Well just got hated on! One day and gone!

phaneuf6
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Those kickers that need lovin' too... Well just got hated on! One day and gone!

Beat you. :p

King_Killah
08-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Here....because kickers need lovin' too...

The Kansas City Chiefs will have Nick Novak as their kicker when they open the regular season at New England. The Chiefs informed Novak today and told rookie Connor Barth today that they would be placing him on waivers, ending the camp-long battle between the two players.

And because Fly likes all the updates!

King_Killah
03-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Get Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel from the Pats for: A SECOND ROUND PICK.

Spartan
03-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Glenn Dorsey to play at 3-4 NT. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1106883.html

This is a complete waste, I really have to question the decisions of these former Pats. You just can't snap your fingers and re-create New England's success.

b_illin
03-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Glenn Dorsey to play at 3-4 NT. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1106883.html

This is a complete waste, I really have to question the decisions of these former Pats. You just can't snap your fingers and re-create New England's success.

I agree, it is pretty cheese....very cookie-cutter lame

Spartan
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I agree, it is pretty cheese....very cookie-cutter lameIts funny how fast we forget the potential talent. Just last year experts were calling Dorsey the best DT prospect to come out in the last 20 years. They used him wrong in the Tampa 2 and now wrong as a NT. What are they going to do with Tamba Hali?

If your going to cook you are limited to what you have in the fridge. The Chiefs are pretty committed to 4-3 defensive players. Embrace it, make it work. 3-4 is such a trend these days, but only the Pats and Steelers do it well. Nobody is scared of Miami or Dallas' 3-4 defense. What ever happened to the idea of putting your best players in the best position to succeed?

Snipes16
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I think that was an unfair shot at Pioli. Over the last 8 years or so he's been arguably the best GM/Player Personnel guy in the league. He's already made one significant move by trading a 2nd rounder for Cassel who they'll end up giving half the guaranteed money ($30 million) that either Stafford or Sanchez would have cost them($60 million) at the #3 spot.

If Dorsey was being touted as the best DT to come out in the last 20 years, then why couldn't he become a premier NT in a 3-4? I guess I dont see that position as being a waste and he'd be the one candidate on that roster talented enough to anchor and make the whole 3-4 work.

With 33 million under the cap when he took over, Pioli's got the resources to find the right pieces and theres no doubt in my mind he'll turn K.C around soon. Great eye for talent, especially cheap talent.

Spartan
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Dorsey should be collapsing the pocket not clogging the middle. He is barely big enough to play nose, but that is simply not a good use of his talents. His contract makes him difficult to trade for a year or two. Ride it out and find a scheme that uses his talents like his days at LSU. Hali now has to lose weight and change to a linebacker. The Chiefs had a brilliant draft last year with some key defensive additions. It just seems rather smug to blow that up.

And what is the major difference between Cassel and Thigpen?

Dubz
03-26-2009, 01:25 PM

Ill guess....salary? I know you probably mean talent/skill wise and I dont know what Thigpen earns...... I just figure its less than the mentioned 30 million.

b_illin
03-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Dorsey should be collapsing the pocket not clogging the middle. He is barely big enough to play nose, but that is simply not a good use of his talents. His contract makes him difficult to trade for a year or two. Ride it out and find a scheme that uses his talents like his days at LSU. Hali now has to lose weight and change to a linebacker. The Chiefs had a brilliant draft last year with some key defensive additions. It just seems rather smug to blow that up.

I agree and wondered why they made the move for Cassel - yes, Thigpen is unproven....but so is Cassel!

PS: also agree Dorsey is borderline size-wise to play NT...and like you said, after yrs of stocking up good DEF players, why change it all of a sudden. Tomlin didn't change to his scheme and look where it got PIT!

Snipes16
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Cassel's "unproven" body of work outweighs Thigpen's because we can only go by what we saw last year with Cassel's 15 starts vs Thigpens 11 starts.

1..Cassel went 10-5 to Thigpens 1-10 (yes, the Pats were better but still)

2..Completion %, TD to INT, passer rating all go to Cassel's side. On top of the Pats leading the league in 1st downs which correlates directly to the head of the QB. Bad weather? check Cassel's numbers vs the Jets and Cards at home and Oakland on the road last year in rain and snow games. Arm strength? Cassel over Brady anyways.

3..Cassel got considerably better as the year went on, to the point that a minority of Pats fans still believe the Pats should have kept Cassel and waived Brady (I'm not one of them) while Thigpen finished up poorly with 2 clunkers vs Miami 20-41 3 INT's and 19-36 vs the Bengals. Many of Thigpen's TD's and yards were garbage time stats too.

Thats 2 intelligent football guys going after Cassel during this offseason that have been closely around the guy for around 5 years (Pioli and McDaniels) So what does that tell you? Are those 2 guys suddenly morons? Well, maybe McDaniels is for Cassel over Cutler but not Pioli for going with Cassel over Thigpen and his garbage 55% completion percentage, which doesn't translate well to winning in the NFL.

Matt Cassel compares favorably to Matt Schaub was when he left the Falcons. The only difference is Cassel's regular season body of work trumps Schaubs' preseason success in Atlanta. And look what became of Schaub...a top 10 finish amongst QB's in 2008.

Spartan
03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I think a lot of those statistics you use speak more directly to the System in place than the actual player. Again a credit to Belichick and what he does there. Drafting intelligent players like Brady, Cassel and now McConnell to come in with little pressure and learn what they do. They caught lightning in a bottle with Brady and got a guy as clutch as Montana. But Cassel is nowhere close and has holes in his game that will keep him from being a franchise quarterback. That does not mean he can't be a starter in the league provided the system fits. There was a good anaylsis of that here http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amoz9yMGzT39xZi884.O62dDubYF?slug=maximi zingmattshotguntri&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Basically they hid his weaknesses and it allowed him to succeed. KC does not have that talent level. It reminds me a lot of Scott Mitchell when he took over for Marino and got a fat contract from the Lions. On the upside they got a good deal for their guy, only having to give a 2nd. for a guy with a franchise tender.

As far as two "smart" guys going after Cassel, that is really the crux of the issue. Both are going to turn out either genius or like Crennel, Weis and Mangini expecting something that is tough to re-create. Thats what I'm trying to figure out, and so far I'm not impressed.

b_illin
03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Cassel's "unproven" body of work outweighs Thigpen's because we can only go by what we saw last year with Cassel's 15 starts vs Thigpens 11 starts.

1..Cassel went 10-5 to Thigpens 1-10 (yes, the Pats were better but still)

2..Completion %, TD to INT, passer rating all go to Cassel's side. On top of the Pats leading the league in 1st downs which correlates directly to the head of the QB. Bad weather? check Cassel's numbers vs the Jets and Cards at home and Oakland on the road last year in rain and snow games. Arm strength? Cassel over Brady anyways.

3..Cassel got considerably better as the year went on, to the point that a minority of Pats fans still believe the Pats should have kept Cassel and waived Brady (I'm not one of them) while Thigpen finished up poorly with 2 clunkers vs Miami 20-41 3 INT's and 19-36 vs the Bengals. Many of Thigpen's TD's and yards were garbage time stats too.

Thats 2 intelligent football guys going after Cassel during this offseason that have been closely around the guy for around 5 years (Pioli and McDaniels) So what does that tell you? Are those 2 guys suddenly morons? Well, maybe McDaniels is for Cassel over Cutler but not Pioli for going with Cassel over Thigpen and his garbage 55% completion percentage, which doesn't translate well to winning in the NFL.

Matt Cassel compares favorably to Matt Schaub was when he left the Falcons. The only difference is Cassel's regular season body of work trumps Schaubs' preseason success in Atlanta. And look what became of Schaub...a top 10 finish amongst QB's in 2008.

And all this makes Cassel worth $15mm over the cheap contract of Thigpen?

Maybe Cassel is going to be awesome, who knows, but I would be loath to give up a high 2nd (like a late 1st...without the guaranteed contract) and then pay the guys $15mm/yr...especially seeing as he had never been a starter at the collegiate or professional level until Brady got hurt.

PS: comparing Cassel (Pats) vs. Thigpen (Chiefs) is unfair in my eyes.....but either way, $15mm!

Snipes16
03-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Bill, once KC traded for him, the goal is to ink him with a long term deal and remove the franchise tag and 15 million dollar cap hit. He'll still get his 30+ million in signing bonuses but it will get spread out so the Chiefs aren't strangled up against the cap.

But going back to last years Pats preseason, most Pats fans were calling for Cassel to be waived prior to the opener because he was horrendous (myself included) So I was one of the 1st to jump ship once Brady got hurt and Cassel's play in those 1st few September games...running up his O Lines asses at the first sign of pressure made me cringe.

But, the Cassel I saw in Nov - Dec was a 180 degree change. He started looking downfield and I dont know if the game slowed down for him or what but he looked like a damn good QB in my view over those last 8 weeks and he completely won me over.

Spartan, I can understand comparing McDaniels to the struggles of Romeo, Mangini and Weis but comparing Pioli to those 3 guys is like apples and oranges. 2 completely different lines of work. Nobody has done a better job of managing a teams salary cap better than Pioli has during this decade and its not even close for 2nd. With the Chiefs cap flexibility, he'll find the pieces to make the 3-4 work. Heck, he might even trade down to #6 and grab Crabtree to pair with Bowe and then they'd really have something to go along with Cassel.

Doctego
03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I think that was an unfair shot at Pioli. Over the last 8 years or so he's been arguably the best GM/Player Personnel guy in the league. He's already made one significant move by trading a 2nd rounder for Cassel who they'll end up giving half the guaranteed money ($30 million) that either Stafford or Sanchez would have cost them($60 million) at the #3 spot.

If Dorsey was being touted as the best DT to come out in the last 20 years, then why couldn't he become a premier NT in a 3-4? I guess I dont see that position as being a waste and he'd be the one candidate on that roster talented enough to anchor and make the whole 3-4 work.

With 33 million under the cap when he took over, Pioli's got the resources to find the right pieces and theres no doubt in my mind he'll turn K.C around soon. Great eye for talent, especially cheap talent.

It might work but there is a big difference between playing NT and playing any other position on the line.

I understand your point but where are you getting the $60M number?? That's way too high.

Criticizing the Belichick tree is becoming very popular lately. I think that it is warranted as well. Pioli has made a ton of great moves over the years but he was part of a well-oiled machine. At first thought, I can't really think of anyone that has left and had success.

The main differences are that Cassel played in the spotlight of Brady's team and Thigpen played on a terrible KC team. NE also had the coaching staff to protect Cassel while KC didn't have the same for Thigpen. They are both decent QB's.

Snipes16
03-27-2009, 10:13 AM
It might work but there is a big difference between playing NT and playing any other position on the line.

From what I read, the Chiefs plan on experimenting with Dorsey at NT but nothing is etched in stone. Although its hard to argue that he's not undersized for that position. I was also surprised to see that Dorsey only had 1 sack over his 16 games last year. Maybe that has something to do with them experimenting with him at the nose?

I understand your point but where are you getting the $60M number?? That's way too high.

Yeah, the math was a little sketchy. Ryan signed for 6 years - 72 million of which 34.75 million was guaranteed :beer:

Criticizing the Belichick tree is becoming very popular lately. I think that it is warranted as well. Pioli has made a ton of great moves over the years but he was part of a well-oiled machine. At first thought, I can't really think of anyone that has left and had success.

You could say the same about the players that have left New England for bigger dough as well.

The main differences are that Cassel played in the spotlight of Brady's team and Thigpen played on a terrible KC team. NE also had the coaching staff to protect Cassel while KC didn't have the same for Thigpen. They are both decent QB's.

I'd take either Cassel or Thigpen over Sage Rosenfels in Minny or Jake Delhomme in Carolina. Those 2 playoff ready teams are soft as shit for going with those 2 tomato cans. Carolina's looking to extend Jake? can you believe that :lol:

Snipes16
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I'd take either Cassel or Thigpen over Sage Rosenfels in Minny or Jake Delhomme in Carolina. Those 2 playoff ready teams are soft as shit for going with those 2 tomato cans. Carolina's looking to extend Jake? can you believe that :lol:

jeez, that post turned out ugly...not the brightest crayon in the computer skills box.

phaneuf6
03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Things are starting to look up for us Chiefs fans. :)

Spartan
03-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I understand your point but where are you getting the $60M number?? That's way too high.Matt Ryan went 3rd last year and was $32mil. guaranteed and $72mil. overall, $60 million is low if anything. I guess it really depends on the extension they work out with Cassel, I would wait until that number is revealed before I make up my mind on the value of that deal. If it works out to be similar to what Sanchez would have signed for (assuming Stafford goes to Detroit) then it was a wasted move IMO. They would have been better off in the long run to take Sanchez and play Thigpen another year or two and develop his value.

Snipes, I highly doubt they trade down. No one wants a top 3 pick because of the contract. They will probably go with Aaron Curry to play inside linebacker. I would take a left tackle there, money wise it makes the most sense. You're right though Crabtree would be an intriguing pick but I'm not sure its the smartest thing to do.

dw13
03-27-2009, 04:31 PM

You are a Pats fan. I know you know what a 3-4 NT is. Dorsey is not even CLOSE to being a big. It isn't a position based on talent soley, you have to be a monster. Dorsey might be a good 3-4 D-end.

Doctego
03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Matt Ryan went 3rd last year and was $32mil. guaranteed and $72mil. overall, $60 million is low if anything. I guess it really depends on the extension they work out with Cassel, I would wait until that number is revealed before I make up my mind on the value of that deal. If it works out to be similar to what Sanchez would have signed for (assuming Stafford goes to Detroit) then it was a wasted move IMO. They would have been better off in the long run to take Sanchez and play Thigpen another year or two and develop his value.

Snipes, I highly doubt they trade down. No one wants a top 3 pick because of the contract. They will probably go with Aaron Curry to play inside linebacker. I would take a left tackle there, money wise it makes the most sense. You're right though Crabtree would be an intriguing pick but I'm not sure its the smartest thing to do.

You mentioned guaranteed money. No way that Stafford or Sanchez comes close to $60M in guaranteed money.

Spartan
03-27-2009, 04:41 PM
You mentioned guaranteed money. No way that Stafford or Sanchez comes close to $60M in guaranteed money.If he was talking guaranteed then you're right it's closer to $30 million.

b_illin
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Bill, once KC traded for him, the goal is to ink him with a long term deal and remove the franchise tag and 15 million dollar cap hit. He'll still get his 30+ million in signing bonuses but it will get spread out so the Chiefs aren't strangled up against the cap.

But going back to last years Pats preseason, most Pats fans were calling for Cassel to be waived prior to the opener because he was horrendous (myself included) So I was one of the 1st to jump ship once Brady got hurt and Cassel's play in those 1st few September games...running up his O Lines asses at the first sign of pressure made me cringe.

But, the Cassel I saw in Nov - Dec was a 180 degree change. He started looking downfield and I dont know if the game slowed down for him or what but he looked like a damn good QB in my view over those last 8 weeks and he completely won me over.

Spartan, I can understand comparing McDaniels to the struggles of Romeo, Mangini and Weis but comparing Pioli to those 3 guys is like apples and oranges. 2 completely different lines of work. Nobody has done a better job of managing a teams salary cap better than Pioli has during this decade and its not even close for 2nd. With the Chiefs cap flexibility, he'll find the pieces to make the 3-4 work. Heck, he might even trade down to #6 and grab Crabtree to pair with Bowe and then they'd really have something to go along with Cassel.

Hey, if Cassel can keep playing at that level, awesome....I don't like him nor do I dislike him. I just don't think he's done enough to warrant that huge contract and all the hype he's gotten and continues to get. The NFL is littered with one-hit wonders...

Spartan
04-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Matt Cassel extends 6yrs. $36 million guaranteed. Wow just wow.

Doctego
04-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Matt Cassel extends 6yrs. $36 million guaranteed. Wow just wow.

If Stafford can come in as a rookie and get more than that guaranteed, I don't see an issue with Cassel getting that much. Cassel has shown that he has the ability to lead an NFL team. Sure, it's a limited sample size but he has shown that he can do it. Stafford hasn't proven shit.

Spartan
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
If Stafford can come in as a rookie and get more than that guaranteed, I don't see an issue with Cassel getting that much. Cassel has shown that he has the ability to lead an NFL team. Sure, it's a limited sample size but he has shown that he can do it. Stafford hasn't proven shit.System QB versus franchise prospect, huge difference. But I already know your feelings on Cassel so we can agree to disagree.

Doctego
04-25-2009, 07:46 PM
System QB versus franchise prospect, huge difference. But I already know your feelings on Cassel so we can agree to disagree.

Not sure if my true feelings on Cassel have ever come out. I know that there is a difference between a proven system QB and a franchise prospect. Has that really been proven about Cassel?? I don't think that we really know. He had never had the chance before last season. We could argue about the reasons why but he played behind 3 top QB's at 1 point or another. I think that the jury is still out on Cassel but, in the least, he showed that he can lead a team over a 1 year sample size.

If that's what you already knew, we can agree to disagree.:D

b_illin
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't see Cassel playing at a level that warrants that contract.

King_Killah
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Cassel I am comparing to a Matt Schaub or a Derek Anderson. I think anyone could have stepped in and lead the Patriots with the weapons that the Pats had on offense. I think giving Cassel an extension like that is silly and unwarranted. There is a reason why he played BEHIND three top QBs and it wasn't because they were top QBs, but more or less that he WASN'T a top QB. We'll see what he can do. He is a better option than Brodie Croyle and whatever other bullshit they had throwing in KC last season. But I think Cassel is going to recognize just what he had the first time he rolls into camp and sees Bowe and ??? Then he is going to start missing Moss, Welker, etc.

King_Killah
04-27-2009, 11:31 AM
That all said, I do like the back to back DE picks with Jackson and Magee and just like with Wallace in Pittsburgh, I think if KC gives time to Quentin Lawrence, Lawrence can prove to be a solid late round steal in years to come.

Spartan
04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm so tired of hearing about the genius of Pioli. I am glad he did not end up in Detroit. He could have gotten Sanchez for the same money as Cassel and kept his pick. Then he takes a 3-4 end at 3 which is beyond idiotic. Now he has massive contracts for Dorsey and Jackson both 3-4 ends. That is nuts. With the salary structure of the top three picks you can only take QB, RB, LT and an end that can sack the QB or a player with freakish talent. Jackson is none of those, they should have gotten Monroe with that pick.

King_Killah
05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Jason Whitlock, of The Kansas City Star, reports it appears the Kansas City Chiefs appear to have little interest in signing QB Matt Cassel (http://www.footballguys.com/CassMa00-1.php) to a long-term contract before the start of the season.

Is Cassel a sure thing? Good for Pioli to hesitate on the extension, especially after hearing the asking price. We can hear chants for Thigpen already... And before you know it, Grbac/Gannon analogies will be present. Anyone who really cares about their drafts...let others pick up KC QBs.

King_Killah
06-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Kent Babb, of the Kansas City Star, reports that Dwayne Bowe (http://www.footballguys.com/BoweDw00-1.php) is a lot more serious and wants to show new head coach Todd Haley that he's committed.
"I'm older now," Bowe, 24, explained. "This is my third year, a critical year. I want to be more serious and not even give him any reason to think I'm joking around."

Good for Bowe. He's grown up over the off season. Not that I ever thought he was joking around or anything. Haley's offenses are generally pretty stat friendly for receivers, look at Boldin, Fitzgerald, TO. If Bowe is seriously taking the game serious, he could be one of the "elite' receivers this season.

King_Killah
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Kent Babb, from the Kansas City Star, reports Chiefs QB Matt Cassel (http://www.footballguys.com/CassMa00-1.php) is accurate, poised and ready to call the team his own for the first time since high school.

Hey maybe news like this will get FlyGuy to draft Cassel with the first pick of the first round, kinda like he did with Rich Gannon a few years back! :lol:

King_Killah
07-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Dan Armonaitis, of the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/ThigTy00-1.php) said he is comfortable being the team's No. 2 quarterback behind QB Matt Cassel (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/CassMa00-1.php). 'They've got a lot of money invested in (Cassel), and I'm comfortable being behind him,' Thigpen said. 'I'm going to support him and do anything that I can to make him better. I'm a team player and not just an individual.'

Good for Thigpen being a team player. It seems like every player is trying to impress the new regime in KC and Thigpen knows his role is back-up to Cassel. But Cassel is known to take a few sacks, so we could see Thigpen on the field a lot more than we want to. Thigpen is no starter. And he should be treated like one. The only way I look at Thigpen is if I was in a deep two-QB league. There are better options.

dw13
07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
6 years / $63 million for Cassel.

Have fun KC.

FlyGuy78
07-14-2009, 06:03 PM
6 years / $63 million for Cassel.

Have fun KC.

That's alot of money for Cassell, but I still think he's much better than anything KC had before him. As a football fan, I hope he succeeds, as a Raiders fan, I hope he fails miserably!! :lol:

dw13
07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
That's alot of money for Cassell, but I still think he's much better than anything KC had before him. As a football fan, I hope he succeeds, as a Raiders fan, I hope he fails miserably!! :lol:

As a football fan, I hope he doesn't succeed (He's in the AFC)
As a Jets fan, I hope he doesn't succeed (Ex-Pat)

b_illin
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Wow, tres stupide! (even if he plays like Brady in '07, he still wouldn't have cost them much more then $10mm/yr given he is unproven....why they are paying him this much before even takes a snap amazes me)

Snipes16
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow, tres stupide! (even if he plays like Brady in '07, he still wouldn't have cost them much more then $10mm/yr given he is unproven....why they are paying him this much before even takes a snap amazes me)

No Bill, in that franchise and trade deal from NE he was still on KC's books for 14+ million for 09 based on the average salary of the top 5 QB's. So they really had no choice but to take the franchise tag off and sign him to a long term deal.

The guaranteed money he got from KC is 28 million. Which is still less than what Stafford and Sanchez got in guaranteed money and they've never thrown a pass in the NFL. At least Cassel has at least one year of success on his resume where he showed he could play unlike those other 2.

b_illin
07-15-2009, 03:25 PM
No Bill, in that franchise and trade deal from NE he was still on KC's books for 14+ million for 09 based on the average salary of the top 5 QB's. So they really had no choice but to take the franchise tag off and sign him to a long term deal.

The guaranteed money he got from KC is 28 million. Which is still less than what Stafford and Sanchez got in guaranteed money and they've never thrown a pass in the NFL. At least Cassel has at least one year of success on his resume where he showed he could play unlike those other 2.

I know he was being paid more, but that was for one year. My point was that they really had not much to lose waiting til after the season (or at least during the season) once he's shown what he can do before getting a LT deal like that. Stafford and Sanchez are unproven....but they have WAY more talent than Cassel does...which is why they started in Uni and why they were drafted so high. Their ceiling is higher, in theory, then Cassel's. In the right system Cassel can probably be pretty solid....but so can lots of guys.

If I were KC mgmt, I'd have waited to see how he plays before giving him a huge contract like that (high risk, low return in signing him like they did)

dw13
07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
They do have a 3rd year escape route in the contract if things go bad.

b_illin
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
I know. Does anybody actually get my point though that had he played well this season, he would probably still be getting a similar-sized contract?

dw13
07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I know. Does anybody actually get my point though that had he played well this season, he would probably still be getting a similar-sized contract?

I think he is completely overpaid, I've made my point. He is a product of the NE system, and he will have a rough time playing for KC. I can't see him being a 4,000 yard passer like they have paid him.

I agree, I would of wanted to atleast see half the season from him.

Snipes16
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM

I dont know if I'm buying that logic of the Chiefs paying him the $14.65 million franchise guarantee this year only to resign him at the end of this season for lets say the same $28 million extention he just inked. Under your plan he'd bank $42 million guaranteed if they roll the dice and he plays reasonably well this year.

Thats bad cap mathematics especially by Pioli standards, no?

As far as Stafford and Sanchez being better skilled, just remember the names of Joey Harrington, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell. All top 5 picks that set their franchises back for years with maybe the exception of Leaf :beer:

b_illin
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I dont know if I'm buying that logic of the Chiefs paying him the $14.65 million franchise guarantee this year only to resign him at the end of this season for lets say the same $28 million extention he just inked. Under your plan he'd bank $42 million guaranteed if they roll the dice and he plays reasonably well this year.

Thats bad cap mathematics especially by Pioli standards, no?

As far as Stafford and Sanchez being better skilled, just remember the names of Joey Harrington, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell. All top 5 picks that set their franchises back for years with maybe the exception of Leaf :beer:

That's a good point...but I thought it a stupid move to trade for him when they could have drafted a QB and rolled with Thigpen again. Not my team though...

dw13
07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Pat fans will always have a soft spot for KC now, Bill just remember that. Pioli and Cassel are there now, its their other team.

two24four
07-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Pat fans will always have a soft spot for KC now, Bill just remember that. Pioli and Cassel are there now, its their other team.

Not really, I could care less how KC does as a team.

dw13
07-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Not really, I could care less how KC does as a team.

Surprising, honestly. Most hardcore Pats fans, love Cassel and Pioli even more.

two24four
07-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Surprising, honestly. Most hardcore Pats fans, love Cassel and Pioli even more.

I want to see the ex-Pats do well, sure, but as a team I could care less. I wont cheer for another NFL team, no matter who plays or runs it.

dw13
07-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I want to see the ex-Pats do well, sure, but as a team I could care less. I wont cheer for another NFL team, no matter who plays or runs it.

Right on. I wish I could say the same about ex-Jets. I hope Baker breaks his face while playing for you guys.

King_Killah
07-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Nick Athan, of Warpaint Illustrated, reports that the Chiefs could deal RB Larry Johnson (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/JohnLa00-1.php) for multiple picks if a contender loses a top running back in August.

This is a scenario I could see happening even if a "contender" doesn't lost a top back. I am also hearing that the Chiefs are looking a hard at bringing in Edge James. If this is the case, they have the vet back in James to help out the young stud Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs could be in a solid win situation here in this scenario. We'll know more as we see what unfolds with Edgerrin James.

two24four
08-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Should we start calling the Chiefs the KC Patriots? they signed two players today that the Pats cut just the other day, Matt Gutierrez & Vince Redd.

Hockeyis#1
08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
This is a scenario I could see happening even if a "contender" doesn't lost a top back. I am also hearing that the Chiefs are looking a hard at bringing in Edge James. If this is the case, they have the vet back in James to help out the young stud Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs could be in a solid win situation here in this scenario. We'll know more as we see what unfolds with Edgerrin James.

What about LJ?

Dubz
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
What about LJ?

Ive read stats on LJ and he looks to be steal in drafts this year. Im seeing him go past second tier backs in mocks (i know mocks arent a perfect barometer but eh) Pretty sure he is amongst the top in red zone touches....let alone touches/yards/tds
Good Luck Jamaal owners (I wouldnt frown on a cuff at all) but Im picking LJ to have a great year. His back is against the wall and he wants to run away from it.

Snipes16
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Should we start calling the Chiefs the KC Patriots? they signed two players today that the Pats cut just the other day, Matt Gutierrez & Vince Redd.

Hell yeah and they even got their future head coach in about 5 years or less with Vrabel involved in the Cassel deal :beer:

Dubz
08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Cassel injury up in the air....Oh how that must hurt (my best buds a KC fan and I wont even rub this in...if its serious)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d812436c4&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

FlyGuy78
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Quarterback Matt Cassel (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7406/;_ylt=Aq6U82LrKzqGti8liglUqdbsYNAF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7406/news;_ylt=Apc9jz10_3rkH.JNlmQitTXsYNAF) could miss two to four weeks with a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, a source within the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/;_ylt=Ap9yJ8oqMBrQ6NxQspLFlJDsYNAF) organization said.

Cassel, who the Chiefs acquired in a trade with New England this offseason, was hurt Saturday night in an exhibition game against Seattle. The injury is not expected to require surgery because MCL injuries usually heal on their own.

However, the injury means Cassel could miss the Chiefs’ season opener at Baltimore on Sept. 13. If Cassel can’t play, Tyler Thigpen (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8471/;_ylt=AlR__FcXTESVUlHEI0XQLJPsYNAF)is expected to start the season. Thigpen, who had been the subject of trade rumors earlier this week, played in 14 games last season when the Chiefs went through injuries at quarterback. He finished the season with 18 touchdown passes, 12 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 76.0.

Cassel also suffered an ankle injury, but that was not considered as serious as the MCL injury.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-chiefscassel083009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Dubz
08-30-2009, 10:39 PM
:lol:Ok did you typo Thigpenis in there? Haha:lol:

FlyGuy78
08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
:lol:Ok did you typo Thigpenis in there? Haha:lol:

hahaha....no, i didn't, but it is fucking funny now that you pointed it out!! :D

King_Killah
09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Cassel...

Updating a previous item, ESPN.com reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/CassMa00-1.php) (knee) has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee and could miss two to four weeks, according to Yahoo! Sports. Other reports are more optimistic and say that Cassel will be ready for the season opener.

More to this is that KC's offensive line sucks, especially on the right side. KC's defense is so shitty that the idea of using the run to protect the pass could go out the window as early as the first quarter.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-30-2009, 02:02 AM
It's easy to say Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is a jerk, has been a jerk since he left Penn State and always will be a jerk. Who will argue with that?

Johnson was suspended again this week for twice using a gay slur. Last season, he was benched for three games and suspended for another one after he was accused of throwing a drink on a woman and pushing another in separate incidents for which he pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace and was given two years of probation. Those were not his first problems with women.

This is a bad guy.

"It's not how he was raised," Johnson's father, Larry Sr., told the Kansas City Star this week. The elder Johnson coaches the defensive linemen at Penn State and is in his 14th season on Joe Paterno's staff.

Even worse from a team standpoint than the reprehensible slurs, the younger Johnson ridiculed Chiefs first-year coach Todd Haley this week on his Twitter account. You would think Johnson would look in the mirror and realize he has had a big part in the team's 1-6 record, rushing for averages of just 51 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry. But, no. Johnson questioned Haley's coaching credentials. There's a good chance he won't play again for the Chiefs -- certainly not beyond this season -- despite the five-year contract extension he signed in 2007 that guarantees him $19 million and could be worth up to $45 million.

Hockeyis#1
10-31-2009, 04:34 AM
It's easy to say Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is a jerk, has been a jerk since he left Penn State and always will be a jerk. Who will argue with that?

Johnson was suspended again this week for twice using a gay slur. Last season, he was benched for three games and suspended for another one after he was accused of throwing a drink on a woman and pushing another in separate incidents for which he pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace and was given two years of probation. Those were not his first problems with women.

This is a bad guy.

"It's not how he was raised," Johnson's father, Larry Sr., told the Kansas City Star this week. The elder Johnson coaches the defensive linemen at Penn State and is in his 14th season on Joe Paterno's staff.

Even worse from a team standpoint than the reprehensible slurs, the younger Johnson ridiculed Chiefs first-year coach Todd Haley this week on his Twitter account. You would think Johnson would look in the mirror and realize he has had a big part in the team's 1-6 record, rushing for averages of just 51 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry. But, no. Johnson questioned Haley's coaching credentials. There's a good chance he won't play again for the Chiefs -- certainly not beyond this season -- despite the five-year contract extension he signed in 2007 that guarantees him $19 million and could be worth up to $45 million.
If he was trying to get out of KC (why the hell wouldn't he??) he's doing a good job. I really don't blame him for his poor performance as of late, because it's damn difficult to be a successful RB when there's 2 LB's in your backfield as soon as you get handed the ball.

b_illin
10-31-2009, 10:35 AM
^ Part of me of thinks he may just want as well - surely a team like NE would sign him...just watch.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Apparently this is what Johnson wrote via Twitter. I am sad that he didn't receive a better education at Penn State. I mean really, is the word briefly that difficult to spell? :\

"My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans. Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn. my father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches…..google my father!!!!!!"

Anyway, surely a mess over there. KC needs to cut their losses. Bill if given the shot, I could def. see a team like NE picking him up.

Dubz
10-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Apparently this is what Johnson wrote via Twitter. I am sad that he didn't receive a better education at Penn State. I mean really, is the word briefly that difficult to spell? :\

"My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans. Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn. my father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches…..google my father!!!!!!"

Anyway, surely a mess over there. KC needs to cut their losses. Bill if given the shot, I could def. see a team like NE picking him up.

I dont see anything homophobic about that. He should have just came here and done one of those drunken rant threads:lol:

Im holding onto him for a while to see where he lands.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I dont see anything homophobic about that. He should have just came here and done one of those drunken rant threads:lol:

Im holding onto him for a while to see where he lands.

hah!

Smart idea. You gotta figure that his numbers can/will improve markedly if he ends up in the right place.

FlyGuy78
10-31-2009, 05:15 PM
The Chiefs have worked out a settlement with Larry Johnson.

Johnson is still suspended for two weeks, but he will only lose one game check. By reaching an agreement, the two sides avoid a hearing on the matter. There was talk that the settlement would include Johnson's release, but that Chiefs clearly didn't want to grant him that wish.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Dubz
10-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Well you missed this line Fly.

We still don't expect to see L.J. active again this season.

Would you say its safe to cut him loose?

FlyGuy78
10-31-2009, 05:52 PM
That line wasn't there when I copied it. I wouldn't drop him just yet unless you have good options on FA.

Dubz
10-31-2009, 05:57 PM
That line wasn't there when I copied it. I wouldn't drop him just yet unless you have good options on FA.

Yeah...I was certain you either made a mistake or something like that happened.

I need a WR this week and was looking for a drop. Ill post in my "same story different week" thread.

FlyGuy78
11-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Chiefs claim Chris Chambers off the WW.

Hockeyis#1
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
So it looks as if he'll have an opportunity for revenge on SD this season

Hockeyis#1
11-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Fans petition against LJ:
http://mashable.com/2009/11/04/larry-johnson-petition/

Kyle
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Fat chance but I hope it works. Priest Holmes is the man!

keys2aFranchise
11-09-2009, 12:37 PM
maybe it worked?

:wave: Larry Johnson

FlyGuy78
11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Hahahahaha......

Larry Johnson said he would like to return to the Chiefs one day.

Johnson, a free agent now, said he is bothered that he is just 74 yards away from the team rushing record held by Priest Holmes. "Hopefully, maybe someday, when I'm 33, 34, and I've still got a little bit of burn left, they'll let me come back and get those yards," Johnson said. Perhaps Johnson should have thought of that before he got himself kicked out of town.

keys2aFranchise
11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Hahahahaha......

wow, that is amazing. Does he have any sense of reality?

Hockeyis#1
11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
wow, that is amazing. Does he have any sense of reality?

douchebag (n)-
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg282/Nighthawk0581/nfl_us_johnson_195.jpg
An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intelligence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears. Well whaddya know...his picture really IS there

FlyGuy78
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
NFL suspends Bowe for four games
(javascript:void(0);)
Dwayne Bowe, WR KC

News: The Chiefs announced that WR Dwayne Bowe (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/406856) has been suspended four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances. He will begin serving the suspension immediately and won't be eligible to play until Week 15 vs. Cleveland.

Analysis: Bowe is still worth holding on to in all leagues because he's essentially the Chiefs' best player on offense and a candidate for good stats. Owners will have to bench him and consider other options in the interim. Possible replacements for Bowe who might be on waivers include teammates Chris Chambers and Lance Long, Saints WR Robert Meachem, Titans WR Nate Washington, Raiders WR Chaz Schilens, Eagles WR Jason Avant and Bengals WR Laveranues Coles.

b_illin
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Does this significantly bump Chambers value or am I wrong?

moans
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
It could, the only problem is that he will see the opponents best db lined up across from him.

FlyGuy78
11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Does this significantly bump Chambers value or am I wrong?

Yes and he will be most likely covered by DB1 from now on, but the increase in targets could help his numbers especially in the red zone where Bowe was the main guy. I've decided to keep him on my $$$ league team and right now have him in my Flex spot. He has a tough matchup this week vs. PIT, but with Troy out it got a little easier.

Hockeyis#1
11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.
So that's 100% he took steroids?

Kyle
01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow, who the hell is Jamaal Charles?

Since he became starter in week 10, he has run for 968 yards in 8 games for 121 yards a game (would get about 1900 in a 16 game season at that pace) and 7 TDs. Capped off the season with a nice 260 yard 2 TD game to stomp the Broncos.

Wonder what he'll do as the full time starter next year.

Spartan
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Charlie Weis is the new OC in KC. So much for the all you can eat joints around there.

phaneuf6
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM
I like this move. I can never be public as a Chiefs fan these days, maybe next season we can make it back to respectability.

two24four
01-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Not shocked he ended up in KC.

He's a great Offensive Coordinator.

dw13
01-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Charlie Weis is the new OC in KC. So much for the all you can eat joints around there.

:lol:

two24four
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Chiefs have now also hired Romeo Crennel as the defensive coordinator.

They should be called the KC Pats now.

Hockeyis#1
01-13-2010, 10:45 PM
They should be called the KC Pats now.
Pats B team perhaps

two24four
01-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Pats B team perhaps

Pretty much. I think as a thank you they should send us Brandon Flowers :D

Hockeyis#1
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Pretty much. I think as a thank you they should send us Brandon Flowers :D
Then they'd be the C team....lol

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Eric Berry.

Spartan
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Congratulations Matt Cassell, your hospital bed is waiting.

two24four
04-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Anyone think Charlie Weis will try and talk KC into moving up abit for Jimmy Clausen, they have the 4th pick in round two right now. I'm sure Weis would love to have him in KC.

Hockeyis#1
04-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Anyone think Charlie Weis will try and talk KC into moving up abit for Jimmy Clausen, they have the 4th pick in round two right now. I'm sure Weis would love to have him in KC.Didn't they spend $$$$ to get Cassel? While the idea of Weis and Clausen in KC together would be great for them, I don't think they go and dump Cassel like that....but I said the Bills wouldn't take Spiller so wtf do I know :lol:

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Clausen??

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:25 PM
ESPN fellas are talking Clausen right now. It would make sense.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Dexter McCluster - Ole Miss RB. Seriously??? I like Jamaal Charles. I don't care for Thomas Jones much, as Dawinna knows. Not that I hate him, just think he is past his time.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Javier Arenas. Ronde Barber-ish.

Spartan
04-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Again, thank god Pioli did not end up in Detroit. This team lacks starters all over the board and he is selecting special teamers and backups.

phaneuf6
09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
The Chiefs are back baby. McCluster with a huge return!

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Jonathan Baldwin... Gets Bowe some help. I heard the stat that Bowe had 70+ catches then the next receiver had 22 catches. Baldwin gets involved quickly in the offense.

King_Killah
07-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Under most circumstances, an old player beginning his second career as a position coach at his alma mater doesn't make for much of a headline. Then again, under most circumstances, the fledgling assistant in question doesn't happen to be an active NFL player with three Super Bowl rings, and Ohio State (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/oob/)'s newest hire is: Citing "sources close to the program," the Columbus Dispatch has confirmed rumors that ex-Buckeye All-American and 14-year NFL vet Mike Vrabel is returning to OSU as linebackers coach (http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/07/09/fb_vrabel.html?sid=101). The official announcement is expected on Monday

A little sudden, but hey...

(side note...the NFL needs to get this agreement done)

phaneuf6
09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Looks like we're front runners for Andrew Luck next year... what an embarrassment. And to add insult to injury, or perhaps the other way around, Charles looks to be done for the year with a torn ACL.

two24four
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Looks like we're front runners for Andrew Luck next year... what an embarrassment. And to add insult to injury, or perhaps the other way around, Charles looks to be done for the year with a torn ACL.

Colts may have something to say about that.

b_illin
09-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow, imagine replacing Peyton with Luck after a season or two of grooming!

phaneuf6
09-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't think the Colts are THAT bad though to be fair. Going to be a long season!

two24four
09-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Colts have looked really bad in there 1st two games, not KC bad, but bad.

King_Killah
09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Embarrassed by Buffalo at home then goes to Detroit and gets blown up.

dw13
09-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Cassel misses Weis so bad.

King_Killah
01-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Welp, I am starting my end of season analysis...and the plan is to go from crapfest teams up to the Super Bowl Champion, but I may get ahead of myself and fire off multiple teams in a day or just go randomly. But since we are at the beginning, we do know that the Kansas City Chiefs were the worst of the worst this season.

The Chiefs going into the season were hyped to do something, including not only make the playoffs, but win their division, and for a lot of people go far into the post season. Not even close to happening.

I can count only three positives: 1) Jamaal Charles, 2) Dwayne Bowe, 3) Tony Moeaki. I'll give an honorable mention to McCluster.

Charles racked up the yards and led the team in TDs. But leading the team in TDs is nothing to be proud of since that total was only 6. Dwayne Bowe didn't crack a thousand, but is still a beast of a receiver. Unfortunatley he took a hit since he has no one to throw the ball to him. Moeaki is underrated right now and with the right system, he could be a solid TE.

What needs to be fixed. The coaching staff. Check! Well, we'll see. They canned Romeo, Romeo...where art thou Romeo? Interviewed Andy Reid. Fired Pioli. Hired Andy Reid. Now Reid has control of the staff. Not so sure that this is a good thing for KC. The last several seasons, Reid has been on a decline. His drafts were terrible. His time management, God awful. Play calling in shambles. But, perhaps moving to a whole new organization will re-light the fire. The QB needs to be fixed. Projections pre-Reid's hire put the Chiefs taking Gino Smith. This I think is terrible. Smith is NOT an NFL QB. Barkley is more of an NFL QB. Nassib is more of an NFL QB. Arkansas's Tyler Wilson is more of an NFL QB. Landry Jones is more of an NFL QB. Hell.....I'll even go out there and say this, Zac Dysert of the Miami of Ohio is more of an NFL QB. That said, I am hopeful that KC does go QB with its first pick and with it goes Barkley. If they don't go Barkley and look at a different position, perhaps they go Nassib in the 2nd round if he's there. But...now we have Andy Reid in control of the draft. Reid is sure to ruin this draft. I bet he trades the pick. The defense needs to be fixed. Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry, Tamba Hali, Javier Arenas, Brandon Flowers all played below their capabilities, thus the defense suffered as a whole.

Outlook for the future........ I am worried about Jamaal Charles. We all saw how Andy Reid used his running backs in Philly. HE DIDN'T. Charles is gonna see a drop in production and is certainly gonna take a fantasy hit, unless somehow this Andy Reid firing from Philly, hiring in KC was a wake-up call. I believe Bowe can retain/regain stud-like status if KC goes after a QB. They can't settle for Cassel/Quinn and sign one of the nonsense back-ups that will be available. QB needs an overhaul. I am looking at an improvement next season, but not looking much past the 5-6 win total at this point. Let's see what the new staff does this draft and off-season, and I'll get back to you with my 2013 season outlooks!

habsfan1
01-04-2013, 11:23 PM
I am surprised to see there is a Kansas City Chiefs thread on here.

suckerpuncher
01-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Still a bit surprised that Reid didn't went the Fisher route and took a year off to recharge and re-think. Then again one might argue he already took 2012 off.

Doctego
01-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Still a bit surprised that Reid didn't went the Fisher route and took a year off to recharge and re-think. Then again one might argue he already took 2012 off.

I'm not. He has been saying that he's a football coach and he wants to get right back into it. Given his personal stuff, I don't blame him for wanting the distraction of continuing to work. The Chiefs are a team with a lot of history (recent history notwithstanding). If he waited a year, there's no guarantee that he would find a job with half of the potential of KC.

King_Killah
01-05-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm not. He has been saying that he's a football coach and he wants to get right back into it. Given his personal stuff, I don't blame him for wanting the distraction of continuing to work. The Chiefs are a team with a lot of history (recent history notwithstanding). If he waited a year, there's no guarantee that he would find a job with half of the potential of KC.

Personally, I think he would have been better off in Arizona. Stronger defense. Larry Fitzgerald. There would have been less to fix, but perhaps obtaining the power that KC is giving him wasn't going to be available in Arizona. Either way, I am not surprised he jumped right in and I am not surprised it happened so quickly. The interesting thing is the three teams that were in the sights of Reid; KC, Arizona, and San Diego..... The Eagles HOST all three of them, so his return to Philly isn't that far off!

King_Killah
01-05-2013, 10:18 AM
I am surprised to see there is a Kansas City Chiefs thread on here.

There's one for every NFL team!