PDA

View Full Version : Jr hockey thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

two24four
06-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Thought I would get this thread going seeing as a few of us follow Jr hockey, that way some people here can also keep tabs on players drafted by your team.....

Well today is the CHL Import draft.

Sudbury (OHL) took Nikita Filatov with the 1st overall pick, them seem to think he will play one year of Jr over here in N/A to get used to our style of game.

The top 3 picks where all from Russia, Filatov like I said above, then Dmitry Kulikov who can be drafted next season into the NHL went to the Drummondville Voltigeurs of the QMJHL, and 3rd was Maxim Trunev who was just drafted by MTL this past Friday night, he went to the Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL.

Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL) took Vyateslav Voinov who was drafted by LA 5th, Windsor Spitfires took Andrei Loktionov who was drafted by LA as well 7th, Prince George Cougars drafted Jerome Flaake 9th who was just drafted by the Leafs, then Windsor was up again at 10th overall and they took a kid by the name of Richard Panik who is rated to go top 10 in next seasons NHL draft, he had said he would only go to a WHL team though, he must have had a change of a heart, I dont blame him though, Windsor is the early fav to win the OHL this season coming up.

I will up date some more picks as the day goes on, this draft is a LONG one.

Prince Albert Raiders just drafted Tomas Kundratek who was drafted by the NYR.

Rimouski Oceanic just drafted Luca Cunti who is drafted by T-Bay.

two24four
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Quebec Remparts drafted Dmitri Kugryshev 26th overall, he's drafted by Washington.

two24four
06-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Sudbury drafted a kid by the name of Sergei Sheleg 22nd overall, he's a D-man, he's from Belerus and is 6'5 202lbs, he was rated as the 76th ranked European for last weeks NHL draft but was not taken, maybe this will help him get drafted next season, scouting report on him says, "Sheleg is a smooth skater who can make a solid outlet pass and can quarterback the powerplay."

two24four
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Moose Jaw Warriors just drafted Maxim Mayorov who was drafted by Columbus in last years draft.

Hawkeye
06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Moose Jaw Warriors just drafted Maxim Mayorov who was drafted by Columbus in last years draft.

I picked him last year in that simulated league of mine... He was ranked the #2 or #3 russian last year behind Cherepanov but he slipped all the way to the 4th round... haven't heard much of him since

nyihater4life
06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
I picked him last year in that simulated league of mine... He was ranked the #2 or #3 russian last year behind Cherepanov but he slipped all the way to the 4th round... haven't heard much of him since

I have him on my farm team as well. Hopeing he turns out well.

two24four
06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
London Knights drafted Sergei Korostim who was drafted by Dallas.

Brampton Battalion drafted Evgeny Grachev who was drafted by the NY Rangers.

Hawkeye
06-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Twofour, have you ever seen Patrick Maroon play?? I mean what's he like?? I know he's a huge dude drafted in the 6th round by PHI last year. But he ripped up the OHL this season....

No one owns him in my simulation league... I was thinking of drafting his this year.. possibly in rounds 2 or 3 even.

two24four
06-26-2008, 07:29 PM
So the Peterborough Petes (the Jr team I follow the most) picked Ruslan Bashkirov from Russia, in the 2nd round of today's Import draft, he was a 2nd round pick of the Sens in '07, only thing is he played for Quebec in the QMJHL last season, he had 67 Pts in 64 games last season playing for them, as well as 117 PIM, I heard he left Quebec though to head back home, this is a gamble pick, but a real good one if he does show up to play, this will be a steal, he'll play on one of the top 2 lines if he show's.

two24four
06-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Twofour, have you ever seen Patrick Maroon play?? I mean what's he like?? I know he's a huge dude drafted in the 6th round by PHI last year. But he ripped up the OHL this season....

No one owns him in my simulation league... I was thinking of drafting his this year.. possibly in rounds 2 or 3 even.

Yeah kid is huge, and has sweet hands, his only down fall is his skating, which is getting better, I heard Philly wants him playing in the AHL this season, he would be a good pick, I would think he's about 1-3 years away, maybe even sooner if his skating get's better.

Hawkeye
06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah kid is huge, and has sweet hands, his only down fall is his skating, which is getting better, I heard Philly wants him playing in the AHL this season, he would be a good pick, I would think he's about 1-3 years away, maybe even sooner if his skating get's better.

Well they say that the Hunters in London develop kids well and push them hard to succeed. That's probably what happened to him this year... he was amazing

two24four
06-26-2008, 08:46 PM
So the Peterborough Petes (the Jr team I follow the most) picked Ruslan Bashkirov from Russia, in the 2nd round of today's Import draft, he was a 2nd round pick of the Sens in '07, only thing is he played for Quebec in the QMJHL last season, he had 67 Pts in 64 games last season playing for them, as well as 117 PIM, I heard he left Quebec though to head back home, this is a gamble pick, but a real good one if he does show up to play, this will be a steal, he'll play on one of the top 2 lines if he show's.

Wow great news, sounds like he's going to come back to Canada and play for the Petes.

http://www.peterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1090809

Peterborough Petes chose Russian Ruslan Bashkirov, a second-round pick of the Ottawa Senators last year, with their second pick in the CHL Import Draft Thursday.

Bashkirov scored 30 goals, 67 points and 117 penalty minutes in 64 games for Quebec Remparts as a rookie two years ago.

After a season in Russia, Bashkirov decided he wanted to return to Canada to improve his chances of signing an NHL contract, said Petes' GM Jeff Twohey.
Twohey says Bashkoriv's agent Jay Grossman, a close personal friend, has assured him Bashkirov wants to play in Canada.

For more please see Friday's Examiner.

I'm thinking if other Jr teams knew this that they might have taken him, but I'm glad they did not, Iam looking foward to seeing this kid play, even if he is a draft pick of the Sens :D

Sarnia also took his twin brother not long after this pick.

Buffalo87
06-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Good thread. Panik will be great for Windsor if he has a change of heart.

two24four
06-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Good thread. Panik will be great for Windsor if he has a change of heart.

Yeah I dont think Windsor would have taken him that early if he was not coming, I'm thinking they talked to him before making the pick, right now Windsor is looking like the early fav to win the OHL this season coming, they just need a goalie.

two24four
06-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Here is the list of players who got invited to the World Jr's summer development camp........

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/5/5/9/4/3/index1.shtml
__________________________________________________ ________________

Only two players who got an invite have not been drafted by an NHL team yet, John Tavares and Nazem Kadri.

Like I said before Windsor is going to be one of, if not the top team in the OHL this season, but around Christmas time they could be losing 3 of there top players it looks like, Joshua Bailey and Greg Nemisz for this team, and Taylor Hall will be playing for the U18's at the same time, he's good enough to be on this team though, I think if Hall is putting up great numbers come the try out in early Dec, then they will bring him in.

Stamkos for sure I'm thinking wont be sent back for this by T-Bay, and others who may stick in the NHL and not make it back are, Luke Schenn, Drew Doughty, Alex Pietrangelo, Brandon Sutter, Kyle Turris, they all have a good shot at sticking in the NHL as well.

Nice to see Leafs pick Chris DiDomenico get an invite after every OHL team past on him in his draft year :rolleyes:

Not one goalie from the OHL got in invite, I cant remember the last time that happend.

Not sure how Del Zotto did not get an invite.

two24four
07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
So the Oshawa Generals (OHL) got two new owners today, to partner up with Rocco Tullio who already owned them , they would be ex NHL'er Adam Graves and Peter DeBoer who coached the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL last season, and is now the head coach of the Florida Panthers.

There is a pretty strong rumour going around that they are bringing in Paul Maurice to coach the Gens this season as well, DeBoer and Maurice are really close, if true this is a huge move for the Gens, John Tavares must be loving this.

Also keep hearing Doug Gilmour's name as well.

Buffalo87
07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Hey 24, have you seen any of the top 09 Draft prospects play in the OHL? Guys like Matt Duchene, Nazem Kadri, Ryan Ellis, Ryan O'Reilly, etc.?

phaneuf6
07-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey 24, have you seen any of the top 09 Draft prospects play in the OHL? Guys like Matt Duchene, Nazem Kadri, Ryan Ellis, Ryan O'Reilly, etc.?

I played against Duchene, Ellis, and O'Reilly a few years ago. All of these guys are dirtyyy players but they're still developing. I would say this year upcoming we should get a better picture of what kind of players they can become.

two24four
07-11-2008, 12:51 AM
All are great young players, like phaneuf6 said, we will get a better look at them all this season with more ice time for them with them all being a year older....

Out of all them I have seen Matt Duchene the most, he's a good little hockey player, he would have gone 1st overall in last season's OHL draft if he had not told most teams he was going to play in the NCAA, then when Brampton drafted him he "changed his mind" :rolleyes: to much of this is going on these days in the OHL it seems.........he should be a top 3-5 pick at next season's NHL draft, I look for him to be near the top of the OHL scoring leaders this season, even more so if the Nucks send Cody Hodgson back, I think he could put up around 40-45 goals this season.........

Ryan O'Reilly I only saw play about 2 maybe 3 times this past season, he looks really good from what I saw, very fast and is a good set-up man, I hope to see more of him this season, him playing for Erie kind of sucks..........

Ryan Ellis had a great rookie season in Windsor, he was 4th in the OHL in D-man scoring as a rookie, only Ryan Wilson, Bobby Sanguinetti, and Michael Del Zotto where ahead of him, he even had two more Pts then Zach Bogosian, he was also 4th in the OHL in rookie scoring this past season, and that was behide 3 great players, Patrick Maroon, Taylor Hall and Mikkel Boedker, all this and he's a D-man, 63 Pts and a +30 for a rookie D-man in the OHL is huge, he's just going to keep getting better, with the team Windsor has this season coming, (my early fav to win the OHL) he could get close to 80 Pts..........would not be a bad thing if he was to get abit bigger, he's just 5'10 178lbs.........

Nazem Kadri is good dont get me wrong here, but I want to see him this season alittle more with out players like Justin Azevedo and Mikkel Boedker, I want to see him more as the go to guy.....

Another player to watch out for Zack Kassian from the Petes, he reminds me of a young Eric Lindros, I'm not saying he's as good as the Big E, but he's got the size, the hands and he can fight like Eric when he was a Jr, this kid is solid for a 17 year old, he's 6'3 205lbs, he's a big power forawrd type, who loves to drive hard to the net with no fear, and he can fight for fun, with more ice time I think he will be a wrecking ball who teams wont want to face this season....... he's got the size, can pass, shoot and fight, what more could you ask for, oh and he plays with abit of an edge.....

Hamsterkill
07-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Ryan O'Reilly I only saw play about 2 maybe 3 times this past season, he looks really good from what I saw, very fast and is a good set-up man, I hope to see more of him this season, him playing for Erie kind of sucks..........

:mad::$:(:cry:

Oh how I long for the days of Boyes, Pecker, Colaiacovo, and Campoli...

two24four
07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
:mad::$:(:cry:

Oh how I long for the days of Boyes, Pecker, Colaiacovo, and Campoli...

haha, no doubt, I will never forget the one news paper headline from back then, it was something like Boyes scores from Pecker :lol: I think it even made it on the Jay Leno show.

That was a great team though.

two24four
08-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Report: Stefan Legein to quit hockey

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=246953&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main
__________________________________________________ ________________

Ok I'm sure alot of you remember him from the WJHC's playing for Team Canada just this past Christmas, also for those of you who follow the OHL, he played for the Niagara IceDogs.

Now this just came out of left feild, there has to be more to this story, cause he had a real good shot at making the NHL in the next year or two IMO, he's a Sean Avery type who I think the Blue Jackets where really looking forward to getting into there lineup in the next little while, you dont see many 20 year old kids with a real good shot at making the NHL just quit at the drop of a hat, very odd.

Hamsterkill
08-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow, maybe he just stopped enjoying the game...

WinnipegWingnut
08-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah I saw this, and my buddy e-mailed me at work about this. The kid would have made the NHL if not this year next for sure. You don't just give up a multi-million dollar career that you've worked your tail off for for now reason. There is definitely more to this than meets the eye!

two24four
08-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah I saw this, and my buddy e-mailed me at work about this. The kid would have made the NHL if not this year next for sure. You don't just give up a multi-million dollar career that you've worked your tail off for for now reason. There is definitely more to this than meets the eye!

I really thought he had a great shot making it this season.

nyihater4life
08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/20/stefan-legein-just-retired-or-did-he/

Pretty interesting article about this.

Maybe his goal in life was to just to be drafted and hes happy with that.

keyboard
08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I doubt it's a prank. My guess is it's either a rumour spiraled out of control, or maybe a lingering injury concern.

WinnipegWingnut
08-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I really thought he had a great shot making it this season.

Oh I agree 100%... I was thinking he'd be a 3/4 line guy this year.

Roy Hinske
08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
He played like he was really into the game. Must be Mafia related I think.:D

moans
08-20-2008, 06:19 PM
apparently after the wjc, he wasn' the same. Also, when he went to Syracuse for the playoffs he played two games and left the team citing he wanted to focus more on working out. I think something happened in Syracuse that changed his mind about his future in hockey. We'll find out more as Sept 20th or whatever approaches.

two24four
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
apparently after the wjc, he wasn' the same. Also, when he went to Syracuse for the playoffs he played two games and left the team citing he wanted to focus more on working out. I think something happened in Syracuse that changed his mind about his future in hockey. We'll find out more as Sept 20th or whatever approaches.

I heard all this as well, something about when he got back from the WJHC's that he was not getting along with his teammates in the OHL.

Maybe in Syracuse he found out he's not playing 16-20 year olds anymore, he's playing men now, and they way he plays (Sean Avery style) maybe something or someone scared him off up in the AHL, who know's really, I know he does like to yap alot, like Avery.

nyihater4life
08-20-2008, 07:30 PM
I heard all this as well, something about when he got back from the WJHC's that he was not getting along with his teammates in the OHL.

Maybe in Syracuse he found out he's not playing 16-20 year olds anymore, he's playing men now, and they way he plays (Sean Avery style) maybe something or someone scared him off up in the AHL, who know's really, I know he does like to yap alot, like Avery.

I hate to rip on Avery but who would want an Avery-like-reputation?

alias
08-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I hate to rip on Avery but who would want an Avery-like-reputation?

I guess if u don't have enough skill to make the NHL any other way be an agitator, not many other employers that will pay millions for u to be a jackass

Buffalo87
08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Legein is not nearly as bad as Avery when it comes to the talking and the antics but he does have an Avery-like element to his game.

He was one of my favorites his draft year, really a shame, hopefully he changes his mind.

nyihater4life
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I guess if u don't have enough skill to make the NHL any other way be an agitator, not many other employers that will pay millions for u to be a jackass

Avery can produce, IMO. Hes a good player to have on your team, whether you like him or not.

alias
08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Avery can produce, IMO. Hes a good player to have on your team, whether you like him or not.

I wasn't referring to his scoring ability, which I agree he can score. The question was why would someone want his reputation and he is known as an agitator. So I was only referring to that side of his game and why someone would want to have the reputation of an agitator.

two24four
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Legein is not nearly as bad as Avery when it comes to the talking and the antics but he does have an Avery-like element to his game.

He was one of my favorites his draft year, really a shame, hopefully he changes his mind.

From the games I have watched him play in, most times he seems to be talking alot out there, I dont think he's making dinner plans for after the game.

I do agree to a point though, he's not as bad, he still likes to smack talk though, he does not try starting shit in the warm though like Avery does.

Buffalo87
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
From the games I have watched him play in, most times he seems to be talking alot out there, I dont think he's making dinner plans for after the game.

I do agree to a point though, he's not as bad, he still likes to smack talk though, he does not try starting shit in the warm though like Avery does.

Oh I know, he does talk a lot but I don't see a lot of the other antics Avery brings (ie - diving, cheap shots, starting shit in warm-ups).

two24four
08-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh I know, he does talk a lot but I don't see a lot of the other antics Avery brings (ie - diving, cheap shots, starting shit in warm-ups).

No, no, he's does not do all that shit I agree, the odd cheap shot, but nothing like Avery.

nyihater4life
08-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Avery dives? I never seen him dive except that one time when Jagr hit him when he was a King.

two24four
08-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Avery dives? I never seen him dive except that one time when Jagr hit him when he was a King.

In the eyes of the NHL, you dive once, and get a penatly for it, you go on "the list".

Roy Hinske
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
That must ba a long MFing list.:lol::beer:

WinnipegWingnut
08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
has to be something more to this... I'm hoping it's not a Sheldon Kennedy / Graham James type thing.....

Roy Hinske
08-21-2008, 01:07 PM
has to be something more to this... I'm hoping it's not a Sheldon Kennedy / Graham James type thing.....

Once is enough.

WinnipegWingnut
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Once is enough.

Yep... I was living in Moose Jaw when that shit all came to light.... but that is the type of thing that makes someone drop their life's dream like Legein did.

Roy Hinske
08-21-2008, 10:41 PM
It was screwed up thats for sure.

two24four
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
The Hockey News ranks the OHL logos.

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/17618-THNcoms-OHL-Logo-Rankings.html

IMO the Colts logo should be #1.

chgorman
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM

Nice! Go Knights!! Good call for #1! SOOO glad they got rid of that gawdawful Spiderman/superhero lookin' atrocity they used to have a few yrs back. Was stupid for them to change it in the first place.

Doesn't sound like Legein is actually going to completely retire from hockey, sounds like he may just be burned out and needs some time off to rest and recouperate, so he's skipping CBus' camp. that's what I'm hearing, anyway.

Hamsterkill
08-22-2008, 12:49 PM

<----- #19?

Booooo!

Buffalo87
08-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Yep... I was living in Moose Jaw when that shit all came to light.... but that is the type of thing that makes someone drop their life's dream like Legein did.

What is this? I never heard about it.

chgorman
08-22-2008, 03:17 PM
What is this? I never heard about it.

You probably don't want to know. It involves Sheldon Kennedy, his coach, and sexual abuse and harrassment.

two24four
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM
You probably don't want to know. It involves Sheldon Kennedy, his coach, and sexual abuse and harrassment.

Yeah lets just leave it at that, we dont need to go through this story again, makes me sick.

two24four
08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Nice! Go Knights!! Good call for #1! SOOO glad they got rid of that gawdawful Spiderman/superhero lookin' atrocity they used to have a few yrs back. Was stupid for them to change it in the first place.

See I dont mind the Knights logo, but it's not #1 IMO.

I would go...

Colts
Wolves
Spitfires
Generals
Petes
Greyhounds
Spirit
Knights
Sting
Rangers
Majors
Bulls
Frontenacs
Storm
IceDogs
Whalers
Battalion
Attack
Otters
67's- they really need to bring back there old logo, the one that said 67's on the front , this new one they have is bad.

two24four
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
OHL camps open this week, HOCKEY IS BACK FOLKS !!!

Even some pre-season games starting Sunday.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
OHL camps open this week, HOCKEY IS BACK FOLKS !!!

Even some pre-season games starting Sunday.
Yeah all my buddies are gone out of town now for camp. It's balls haha.

two24four
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah all my buddies are gone out of town now for camp. It's balls haha.

haha, was it you who said you're buddies with Jake Laplante? if so how's he looking after the summer, did he beef up at all?

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 01:12 PM
haha, was it you who said you're buddies with Jake Laplante? if so how's he looking after the summer, did he beef up at all?
That would be gagne. Him Jake and Thomas Stajan are pretty tight. My buddies are Terreri, Pereira, Lacombe. Terreri is signed with the Ice Dogs for this year, Pereira was drafted by Brampton but he's weighing his scholarship options, and Lacombe was offered a spot with Sarnia.

two24four
08-26-2008, 01:19 PM
That would be gagne. Him Jake and Thomas Stajan are pretty tight. My buddies are Terreri, Pereira, Lacombe. Terreri is signed with the Ice Dogs for this year, Pereira was drafted by Brampton but he's weighing his scholarship options, and Lacombe was offered a spot with Sarnia.

Did he head to Brampton for camp this week then?

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Did he head to Brampton for camp this week then?
Yeah he did. He's got a ton of offers on the table so he might head back to St. Mikes and play for the Buzzers for one more year.

two24four
08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah he did. He's got a ton of offers on the table so he might head back to St. Mikes and play for the Buzzers for one more year.

I see, so he will have to make his mind up by Sunday then, cause if he even plays one pre-season game in the OHL all his scholarship options go out the window.

If it was me, it would not even be an option, it would be the OHL hands down, much better hockey, and way more games, better shot at the NHL as well.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I see, so he will have to make his mind up by Sunday then, cause if he even plays one pre-season game in the OHL all his scholarship options go out the window.

If it was me, it would not even be an option, it would be the OHL hands down, much better hockey, and way more games, better shot at the NHL as well.

He's not really in a rush from the impression I get. Butler loves the way he plays so if he wants to be there he'll be there. You'd be a little hesitant to sign with offers from Boston College, Harvard, etc on the table too though. ;)

two24four
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
He's not really in a rush from the impression I get. Butler loves the way he plays so if he wants to be there he'll be there. You'd be a little hesitant to sign with offers from Boston College, Harvard, etc on the table too though. ;)

Well if he's thinking past hockey then sure, he's making the right call on going to school, and good for him, if that's what he does, but hockey wise, the OHL/CHL is the way to go IMO to better your hockey career.

Good ole Butler, good caoch in the reg season, once the playoff's come though, not sure what happens, his teams always find away to lose come playoffs, good team or bad team, not sure why.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Well if he's thinking past hockey then sure, he's making the right call on going to school, and good for him, if that's what he does, but hockey wise, the OHL/CHL is the way to go IMO to better your hockey career.

Good ole Butler, good caoch in the reg season, once the playoff's come though, not sure what happens, his teams always find away to lose come playoffs, good team or bad team, not sure why.
Yeah its a tough call though. Its damn hard to make the Show.

I got another buddy going down to Halifax for a skate this week. The BS thing about the Q is, if a team from the Q wants you and you live in Ontario, you have to go through all OHL teams and they all have to pass on you before you can sign there.

two24four
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah its a tough call though. Its damn hard to make the Show.

I got another buddy going down to Halifax for a skate this week. The BS thing about the Q is, if a team from the Q wants you and you live in Ontario, you have to go through all OHL teams and they all have to pass on you before you can sign there.

Yeah I knew that about the Q, that's how both Christopher DiDomenico and Claude Giroux ended up in the Q, how they both where past over by every OHL team I have no idea.

It's the same deal when a player from Q wants to come play in the OHL, every team in the Q has to to say no to that player.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah I knew that about the Q, that's how both Christopher DiDomenico and Claude Giroux ended up in the Q, how they both where past over by every OHL team I have no idea.

It's the same deal when a player from Q wants to come play in the OHL, every team in the Q has to to say no to that player.

I don't really agree with that system but whatever.

I'm interested in seeing how my 2 friends Tyler Seguin (3rd overall, Plymouth) and Christian Thomas (9th overall, London) do this year in the O.

two24four
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM

I'm interested in seeing how my 2 friends Tyler Seguin (3rd overall, Plymouth) and Christian Thomas (9th overall, London) do this year in the O.

I'm guessing pretty good being such high picks, just not as good as Ryan Spooner (5th overall, Peterborough) ;)

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm guessing pretty good being such high picks, just not as good as Ryan Spooner (5th overall, Peterborough) ;)

Christian Thomas probably won't do as well as that 9th overall pick suggests. His name power (dad being Steve Thomas) played a big part I believe.

Yeah I had quite a few buddies drafted last year in the O. Those 2 plus Clendening, Burlon, Chiarlitti, and a few others.

gagne21
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Christian Thomas probably won't do as well as that 9th overall pick suggests. His name power (dad being Steve Thomas) played a big part I believe.

Yeah I had quite a few buddies drafted last year in the O. Those 2 plus Clendening, Burlon, Chiarlitti, and a few others.

man, hop of these kids dicks.

If you wanna start name-dropping I will outname drop the shit outta you.

;)

PS. mods don't worry, we're good friends.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
man, hop of these kids dicks.

If you wanna start name-dropping I will outname drop the shit outta you.

;)

PS. mods don't worry, we're good friends.

haha I don't doubt it. Laplante bigger?

two24four
08-26-2008, 02:24 PM

Oh right, I forgot about that, leave it to Hunter to draft another former NHL players son, haha, knowing Hunter though, he'll have that kid playing some awsome hockey at some point in the OHL.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh right, I forgot about that, leave it to Hunter to draft another former NHL players son, haha, knowing Hunter though, he'll have that kid playing some awsome hockey at some point in the OHL.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great hockey player. He's beefed up over the summer too. He probably would've gone top 3 rounds easy but hey, he could end up being a steal at number 9, who knows.

two24four
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM

By the way, Tyler Seguin went 9th overall to Plymouth, not 3rd overall like you said above, and Thomas went 13th overall, not 9th overall ;)

Seeing as Thoomas played for the Toronto Marlboros, what do you know about Aaron Pearce who also played for the Marlboros last season?

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
By the way, Tyler Seguin went 9th overall to Plymouth, not 3rd overall like you said above, and Thomas went 13th overall, not 9th overall ;)

Seeing as Thoomas played for the Toronto Marlboros, what do you know about Aaron Pearce who also played for the Marlboros last season?
My bad, its been awhile since that draft haha.

No idea to be honest. I'd only know Clendening, Chiarlitti, and Thomas from the Marlies. Any of the kids on that team are pretty solid players though, them and the Jr Canadiens used to have some great games.

You're a Petes fan. ;)

two24four
08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
My bad, its been awhile since that draft haha.

No idea to be honest. I'd only know Clendening, Chiarlitti, and Thomas from the Marlies. Any of the kids on that team are pretty solid players though, them and the Jr Canadiens used to have some great games.

You're a Petes fan. ;)

Yup.

phaneuf6
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Thomas Stajan was named to the Leafs rookie team today actually. Should be a good tournament in Kitchener.

two24four
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Thomas Stajan was named to the Leafs rookie team today actually. Should be a good tournament in Kitchener.

Cool, seem to see this alot, if a team has a player and his younger bro goes un-drafted, you see the team the older one plays for (like Matt Stajan here) invite the younger bro to camp, hoping maybe he turns out alittle like his older bro.

WIS
08-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Cool, seem to see this alot, if a team has a player and his younger bro goes un-drafted, you see the team the older one plays for (like Matt Stajan here) invite the younger bro to camp, hoping maybe he turns out alittle like his older bro.
Didn't the Leafs invite Kyle Wellwood's younger brother, Eric, to camp as well?

gagne21
08-27-2008, 06:59 AM
it's cousins, not brothers.

phaneuf6
08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Yes.

Didn't the Leafs invite Kyle Wellwood's younger brother, Eric, to camp as well?

two24four
08-27-2008, 10:42 AM
it's cousins, not brothers.

Same thing, he's still family :D;)

two24four
08-29-2008, 02:53 PM
haha I don't doubt it. Laplante bigger?

Camp is now on the way, and to tell you the truth, so far Laplante is not looking good at all, right now not many people are happy with the way he's playing for being one of the older guys this season on the blueline, he has younger guys playing better then him so far, alot better, I even heard one person say that if keeps playing like he is right now, he might be fighting for a job this season on the team....it's still early so time will tell I guess, two things he has on his side, his size, and he's a vet, but he could be on the outside looking in if he does not step his game up fast.

two24four
09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
I never thought this day would come, this will be Brian Kilrea's last season coaching the Ottawa 67's.....

http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=248370&lid=sublink04&lpos=headlines_main

Also sounds like Pat Quinn will coach Team Canada at the WJHC's this Christmas....

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=248284&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_main

phaneuf6
09-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Was at the Brampton Excelsior's game last night with my buddy Pereira (who has made the Battalion), and the Battalion euro Evgeny Grachev. He's a big boy who's hoping to make the Rangers this year or else he'll probably end up in the O. Interesting to talk to a Russian about the whole playing in Russia vs North America issue.

Hamsterkill
09-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Was at the Brampton Excelsior's game last night with my buddy Pereira (who has made the Battalion), and the Battalion euro Evgeny Grachev. He's a big boy who's hoping to make the Rangers this year or else he'll probably end up in the O. Interesting to talk to a Russian about the whole playing in Russia vs North America issue.

Any unique perspective there?

phaneuf6
09-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Any unique perspective there?

Well he for one really wanted to play hockey in North America but he said when he was talking to different teams at the combine, a lot of them didn't really trust a lot of the Russian players, including himself, because of the lack of a transfer agreement but also because of what happened with Cherepanov.

phaneuf6
09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
TSN ranked Hedman over Tavares for next years draft.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=249081&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_nhl

two24four
09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
TSN ranked Hedman over Tavares for next years draft.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=249081&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_nhl

Saw this last night, and Iam not shcoked at all, JT needs to play much better this season if he wants to go 1st overall at the draft, if not he could fall even past 2nd overall, his poor play in the playoff's last season is what is making him fall.

I do think he will have a huge season though, around 130-150 Pts.

I keep hearing this Hedman kid is the next Pronger.

One week tonight and the OHL Reg season starts.

phaneuf6
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Saw this last night, and Iam not shcoked at all, JT needs to play much better this season if he wants to go 1st overall at the draft, if not he could fall even past 2nd overall, his poor play in the playoff's last season is what is making him fall.

I do think he will have a huge season though, around 130-150 Pts.

I keep hearing this Hedman kid is the next Pronger.

One week tonight and the OHL Reg season starts.

Its shaping up to be a good season. Some top notch prospects playing this year.

two24four
09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Here is something Cayuga and Habs fans might like to read about...

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnews/story.html?id=11be79fc-0a2a-4c1b-9d71-115e1bd8a012&add_feed_url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.faceoff.com%2fcolumn ists.atom
__________________________________________________ __________________

Just for the record, Missiaen's Jr team the Petes is the Jr team I follow the most, they opened the OHL season tonight with a 4-1 win over Kingston, Missiaen made it back in time for the game tonight from Habs camp and looked really good, he made some big saves tonight.

I'm not sure what the Habs have planed down the road for him though with Price in net, maybe his backup in a few years, who know's, I think Missiaen will at least play one more season in the OHL after this one, so that's still a few years away.

alias
09-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Here is something Cayuga and Habs fans might like to read about...

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnews/story.html?id=11be79fc-0a2a-4c1b-9d71-115e1bd8a012&add_feed_url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.faceoff.com%2fcolumn ists.atom
__________________________________________________ __________________

Just for the record, Missiaen's Jr team the Petes is the Jr team I follow the most, they opened the OHL season tonight with a 4-1 win over Kingston, Missiaen made it back in time for the game tonight from Habs camp and looked really good, he made some big saves tonight.

I'm not sure what the Habs have planed down the road for him though with Price in net, maybe his backup in a few years, who know's, I think Missiaen will at least play one more season in the OHL after this one, so that's still a few years away.

Good to hear....I can't wait to see him here in Hamilton although it'll most likely be next year. I'd imagine he doesn't have to do much to stop the puck since he is 6'8", but I'd like to hear if he improves his movement and quickness. But yeah, as long as he is in Montreal's system he will be no more than Price's backup.

two24four
09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Good to hear....I can't wait to see him here in Hamilton although it'll most likely be next year. I'd imagine he doesn't have to do much to stop the puck since he is 6'8", but I'd like to hear if he improves his movement and quickness. But yeah, as long as he is in Montreal's system he will be no more than Price's backup.

It wont be till the 2010-11 season that you see him in Hamilton, after this season he still has one more season left in Jr, which means if he does not make the Habs next season, (which I think is a pretty safe bet that he wont) then the Habs have to send him back to Jr, all Jr age players have to play for there Jr team if they dont make the NHL, it's the same for players like Bogosian, Doughty, etc... this season, if they dont make ATL and LA this season, it's back to Jr for them.

Roy Hinske
09-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Broncos won first two and still have several guys at pro camp. Maybe the rebuilding is finally over.

two24four
09-26-2008, 10:18 AM
gagne, your boy Laplante seems to be taking on more of a leadership role this season, for the 2nd time this season already last night (3 games into the OHL season) he came to the aid of one of his players who had just been hit dirty, with his gloves off righ away, it's good to see, only thing though, for being like 6'5 200+ lbs, he's not much of a fighter, he just holds on for the most part.

gagne21
09-26-2008, 02:08 PM
gagne, your boy Laplante seems to be taking on more of a leadership role this season, for the 2nd time this season already last night (3 games into the OHL season) he came to the aid of one of his players who had just been hit dirty, with his gloves off righ away, it's good to see, only thing though, for being like 6'5 200+ lbs, he's not much of a fighter, he just holds on for the most part.
he's acutally a pretty lanky guy.

My other buddy Thomas (Stajan) was named captain of the Battalion last week, so that's pretty cool.

two24four
09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
he's acutally a pretty lanky guy.

My other buddy Thomas (Stajan) was named captain of the Battalion last week, so that's pretty cool.

That is cool, Jake may still yet get a letter this season as well, the Petes have yet to name there captains, they play eachother tonight in Brampton as well.

phaneuf6
09-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Do you think Tavares' 'slump' is just that or is it just boredom of playing in the O for 4 years?

two24four
09-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Do you think Tavares' 'slump' is just that or is it just boredom of playing in the O for 4 years?

I'm not sure you can call it a slump anymore, (if at all) he's played 3 games so far this season and has 5 goals 4 assists for 9 Pts in 3 games, not bad, they play tonight as well. I think he's going to tear the OHL a new one this season, he's also going for the Oshawa all-time scoring record held by Marc Savard who had 413 Pts, JT has 338 Pts right now, which is 75 Pts from Savard.

I think maybe near the end of last season he just burned out abit, he played in the Russia vs Canada games, which was 8 games, 4 in Russia 4 in Canada, then played for Oshawa, went to the WJHC, that's another 7 games, came back and played for Oshawa as well as them making the playoff's, that's alot of hockey for a 17 year old kid IMO, as well as having school on top of all this.

This is finally his draft year, and for the 1st time in along time, he's not ranked 1st for the draft, I think he's going to try and fix that by having a great season.

two24four
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
It's looking more and more like Filatov will end up in the OHL playing for Sudbury this season after reading this......

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251510&lid=sublink04&lpos=headlines_main

phaneuf6
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Was at the Battalion-Attack game last night. Duchene is absolutely filthy.

two24four
10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Was at the Battalion-Attack game last night. Duchene is absolutely filthy.

Yeah he should go top 5.

phaneuf6
10-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah he should go top 5.
He's exactly what the Leafs need. A big forward who can do it all. Bramptons first goal last night was unreal, all set up by Duchene. Eriksson is a Swedish defenseman that should generate some interest in the NHL too.

Hawkeye
10-04-2008, 11:50 AM
He's exactly what the Leafs need. A big forward who can do it all. Bramptons first goal last night was unreal, all set up by Duchene. Eriksson is a Swedish defenseman that should generate some interest in the NHL too.

Big forward?? he's only 5' 11''

phaneuf6
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Big forward?? he's only 5' 11''
He`s still pretty thick for his age and he plays a big game, if that makes sense. He`s not afraid to go into corners and muck around behind the net.

Hawkeye
10-04-2008, 04:27 PM
He`s still pretty thick for his age and he plays a big game, if that makes sense. He`s not afraid to go into corners and muck around behind the net.

I agree with that... I've only seen him play at the under 18 tournament but he looked real good

Hawkeye
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Twofour,

I know Pat Maroon isn't in junior anymore and I was asking your opinion on him in the Flyers lose to Phantoms thread.

Just wanted your input on him.

two24four
10-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Twofour,

I know Pat Maroon isn't in junior anymore and I was asking your opinion on him in the Flyers lose to Phantoms thread.

Just wanted your input on him.

I feel like we have already talked about Maroon before.....

I really like the kid from what I saw, he's a big power forward type, something like 6'4 225lbs or something like that, with great hands, kind of like Big Bert in his Nucks days, the one thing I do remember about him is his skating was not all that great, that would be the main thing he needs to work on, cause he's got the size and hands to play in the NHL now IMO, a season down in the AHL would not hurt him that's for sure, let him work on his skating down there, I could see him maybe being a call up during the season if the Flyers are hit hard with injurys, but next season he should deff have a great shot at cracking that lineup.

He was a man among boys last season in the OHL, kind of like Zach Kassian (top prospect for the next draft) of the Petes is this season.

Shady6833
10-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Haha maybe this thread should be retitled OHL thread. Good to see the Broncos are back on track though, can't wait to be one of the few fans cheering for them in the Credit Union Center

two24four
10-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Haha maybe this thread should be retitled OHL thread. Good to see the Broncos are back on track though, can't wait to be one of the few fans cheering for them in the Credit Union Center

Well most of us on here are from Ontario, so we see more OHL games then any of the other 2 major Jr "A" leagues, so that's what you get I guess, the only other guys I know who follow the WHL on here are Roy Hinske and Farmer, I do try and keep up with all the leagues, but the OHL is much more easy for me to keep up with.

Shady6833
10-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Well most of us on here are from Ontario, so we see more OHL games then any of the other 2 major Jr "A" leagues, so that's what you get I guess, the only other guys I know who follow the WHL on here are Roy Hinske and Farmer, I do try and keep up with all the leagues, but the OHL is much more easy for me to keep up with.

Haha ya I know that I don't really follow the OHL either, cause like you said it's easier where your from. But I figured a shot at the almighty east was worth taking haha. You guys over there get to see the W stompin all over the Q and O one week a year though and that's probably enough embarrasment for the whole year anyways. Until we embarass ourselves by breaking the cup haha.

two24four
10-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Haha ya I know that I don't really follow the OHL either, cause like you said it's easier where your from. But I figured a shot at the almighty east was worth taking haha. You guys over there get to see the W stompin all over the Q and O one week a year though and that's probably enough embarrasment for the whole year anyways. Until we embarass ourselves by breaking the cup haha.

Dont get cocky, each of the 3 leagues wins the Cup off and on, no league is better then the other IMO.

I know it's early, but if Windsor can stay healthy, they should take it this season, they are stacked, and they are still waiting for Bailey to come back from the Isles.

phaneuf6
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11679

Sweet.

two24four
10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Both RW Zack Kassian (#17) and D Ryan Ellis (#21) will be in the top 10 before the season is out.

I could also see Brayden Schenn going top 3-5.

dw13
10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I love Brayden Schenn, hes actually my second fav. player in 2009. JT being my first.

two24four
10-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I love Brayden Schenn, hes actually my second fav. player in 2009. JT being my first.

Do you see much Major Jr hockey down there?

Schenn would look great in Toronto with his big bro ;):D

dw13
10-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Do you see much Major Jr hockey down there?

Schenn would look great in Toronto with his big bro ;):D

Rarely see any to be honest, which is why I stay away from this thread. I just read alot of crap, watch some highlights.. talk to some people. So yeah. :lol:

I agree, Toronto might get the best out of the Schenn's if they had both. :rolleyes:

phaneuf6
10-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Both RW Zack Kassian (#17) and D Ryan Ellis (#21) will be in the top 10 before the season is out.

I could also see Brayden Schenn going top 3-5.

Ellis is filthy. I used to play against him back in the day haha. He's got great hands, really gifted offensively.

two24four
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Ellis is filthy. I used to play against him back in the day haha. He's got great hands, really gifted offensively.

Ellis reminds me of Mike Green of the Caps, he's 2nd in Pts in the entire OHL right now only behide JT by 1 point, and Ellis is a D-man, he's even ahead of his own teammate in scoring Taylor Hall by 3 Pts.

Ellis had 63 Pts last season as rookie, I could see him putting up around 100 Pts from the blueline this season.

two24four
10-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Ellis is a beast, 1 goal and 4 assists tonight and he now leads the OHL in scoring (by one point over his teammate Taylor Hall) with 9 goals 22 assists for 31 Pts.

His team Windsor is now 16-1, they are 10-0 in there last 10 games.

phaneuf6
10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Ellis is a beast, 1 goal and 4 assists tonight and he now leads the OHL in scoring (by one point over his teammate Taylor Hall) with 9 goals 22 assists for 31 Pts.

His team Windsor is now 16-1, they are 10-0 in there last 10 games.

Windsor is filthy, they should win the Memorial Cup no problem. A lot of my friends played with Ellis and I played against him, he'll move up the draft rankings fast.

You getting out to watch Brampton vs the Petes on the weekend 24?

two24four
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Windsor is filthy, they should win the Memorial Cup no problem. A lot of my friends played with Ellis and I played against him, he'll move up the draft rankings fast.

You getting out to watch Brampton vs the Petes on the weekend 24?

No, but I will be flipping from the Leafs game and that game for sure, should be a good game. If you are going to watch it, watch out for #9 Zack Kassian who I talked about above, he's really starting to come on now, he picked up another goal and assist tonight, he just powers his way through guys, with his big frame, he's been laying guys out as well, tonight he layed out Logan Couture from the 67's.

I agree Windsor should win the Memorial Cup, but one thing I have learned over the years, anything can happen in Jr hockey, if they dont win the OHL something is wrong though.

phaneuf6
10-30-2008, 10:07 PM
No, but I will be flipping from the Leafs game and that game for sure, should be a good game. If you are going to watch it, watch out for #9 Zack Kassian who I talked about above, he's really starting to come on now, he picked up another goal and assist tonight, he just powers his way through guys, with his big frame, he's been laying guys out as well, tonight he layed out Logan Couture from the 67's.

I agree Windsor should win the Memorial Cup, but one thing I have learned over the years, anything can happen in Jr hockey, if they dont win the OHL something is wrong though.

Yeah I'm not going to that game but I think I'll be at the Battalion game on Sunday which should be an alright game too against Guelph.

two24four
10-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah I'm not going to that game but I think I'll be at the Battalion game on Sunday which should be an alright game too against Guelph.

How have the crowds been in Brampton this season, I know they can be pretty bad, like below 1000 people a game, I remember watching one game last season or the year before and they where lucky if they had 800 people at the game, it's the same for there Lacrosse (MSL) team as well.

WIS
10-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Matt Halischuk. I heard good things about him although it was really one thing. Something about scoring the winning goal for team Canada last year to earn them gold. What do you guys know about this guy and would he be good to pick up in a dynasty?

phaneuf6
11-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Matt Halischuk. I heard good things about him although it was really one thing. Something about scoring the winning goal for team Canada last year to earn them gold. What do you guys know about this guy and would he be good to pick up in a dynasty?

Yeah, he played up in NJ the other night and had a few points. I'd take a chance on him.

How have the crowds been in Brampton this season, I know they can be pretty bad, like below 1000 people a game, I remember watching one game last season or the year before and they where lucky if they had 800 people at the game, it's the same for there Lacrosse (MSL) team as well.

Awful. I've actually only been to 1 game so far but my friends are telling me its brutal. The Powerade Centre seats about 5000 and the game I was at there was probably less than 1000 people there.

two24four
11-01-2008, 11:08 AM

Picking him up in a dynasty would not be a bad idea, he's a good hockey player and he showed that the other night playing for NJ in his 1st career NHL game. Now he will prob be up and down this season from the AHL and NHL, as it is right now he's only up due to a few players being out, but in a year or two, he will be playing full time in the NHL, and putting up some nice Pts, who know's, maybe he plays so well they may have to keep him up this season.

two24four
11-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Awful. I've actually only been to 1 game so far but my friends are telling me its brutal. The Powerade Centre seats about 5000 and the game I was at there was probably less than 1000 people there.

Yeah it's pretty shitty there for crowds I know, like I said, it seems to be the same for Lacrosse in Brampton as well, wonder why? just to much going in the big city maybe for people to care about sports in Brampton, or maybe because there are so many other sports teams in the area around the same time, 3 OHL teams Oshawa, Missy, Brampton, plus the Leafs, Raps, Rock, Marlies, I dont know.

I do keep hearing rumours of Brampton being the 1st team maybe on the move if they do ever move an OHL team to another city, and of all places to North Bay, who lost there team about 6-8 years ago to Saginaw.

phaneuf6
11-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah it's pretty shitty there for crowds I know, like I said, it seems to be the same for Lacrosse in Brampton as well, wonder why? just to much going in the big city maybe for people to care about sports in Brampton, or maybe because there are so many other sports teams in the area around the same time, 3 OHL teams Oshawa, Missy, Brampton, plus the Leafs, Raps, Rock, Marlies, I dont know.

I do keep hearing rumours of Brampton being the 1st team maybe on the move if they do ever move an OHL team to another city, and of all places to North Bay, who lost there team about 6-8 years ago to Saginaw.

Yeah, it's different in places like the Soo (sorry Tormy!) and other 'secluded' places where there's not much going on other than the OHL team. Its always going to be a tough sell in the GTA with all the competing markets.

I actually as at a lax game when they were in the final, it was a decent enough crowd but still not great.

The Battalion are on a tear lately, 6-0-0 in their last 6. That division is really tight, a few points seperate all 5 teams. Should be a nice division to watch.

two24four
11-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah, it's different in places like the Soo (sorry Tormy!) and other 'secluded' places where there's not much going on other than the OHL team. Its always going to be a tough sell in the GTA with all the competing markets.

I actually as at a lax game when they were in the final, it was a decent enough crowd but still not great.

The Battalion are on a tear lately, 6-0-0 in their last 6. That division is really tight, a few points seperate all 5 teams. Should be a nice division to watch.

Not just that division, the entire Eastern Conference is tight right now, Belleville is 1st with 20 Pts, while Kingston is last with 11 Pts, that's just 9 Pts in between, 8 out of those 10 teams are at 18-14 Pts, not bad right now, I do think Belleville will pull away abit soon though, the rest of the East should be tight for most of the season.

WIS
11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Picking him up in a dynasty would not be a bad idea, he's a good hockey player and he showed that the other night playing for NJ in his 1st career NHL game. Now he will prob be up and down this season from the AHL and NHL, as it is right now he's only up due to a few players being out, but in a year or two, he will be playing full time in the NHL, and putting up some nice Pts, who know's, maybe he plays so well they may have to keep him up this season.
How much points do you envision him putting up once he does make it to the big show?

two24four
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
What a good game tonight Petes vs Gens was, if your a Petes fan that is, Petes won 10-2, 3 players had 4+ Pts tonight, and 2 more had 3 Pts each.

Trevor Cann was in net for the Petes and made 46 saves, then I just found out about 5 mins ago that right after the game Cann was traded to the London Knights.

alias
11-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Trevor Cann was in net for the Petes and made 46 saves, then I just found out about 5 mins ago that right after the game Cann was traded to the London Knights.

Does that mean Missiaen is the starter for the Petes now? How has he been this season?

two24four
11-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Does that mean Missiaen is the starter for the Petes now? How has he been this season?

Yes he is the #1 goalie for the Petes now, He has looked good in the games he has played in, he's played 10 games so far and he's 3-5-1 with a 3.29 GAA and .915 SV%, he's been going 50/50 with Cann each playing 10 games so far, now Missiaen should get about 70% of the starts, if not more.

In case anyone cares, the deal for Cann looks like this....

To London: G- Trevor Cann

To: Peterborough: D- Barron Smith (who is 6'5 205lbs and is the son of former NHL'er Steve Smith) as well as RW Sergei Korostin (who was drafted by the Dallas Stars in the 4th round of the 2007 draft) and a 2010 2nd round pick.

two24four
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM

You're boys in Brampton are still on a tear, they won there 12th game in a row today, they started the season 2-6-0-0, since then they are 14-6-0-0.

phaneuf6
11-12-2008, 07:37 PM
You're boys in Brampton are still on a tear, they won there 12th game in a row today, they started the season 2-6-0-0, since then they are 14-6-0-0.

Yeah its quite the streak they have going. Stajan is starting to find his scoring touch again now and Hodgson is just ripping it up. They should be a good team for the rest of the season.

two24four
11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah its quite the streak they have going. Stajan is starting to find his scoring touch again now and Hodgson is just ripping it up. They should be a good team for the rest of the season.

Yes they should, but I still think Belleville is the team to beat in the East.

two24four
11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
As of right now, (about the 20 games played mark for every team in the OHL) John Tavares' stock for the NHL draft I would think is still falling, and fast, sure he has 16 goals, 15 assists for 31 Pts in 21 games played, but he's really not looking good for the most part, his skating is still BAD, and it seems this season he's out for himself not his team, from the games I have watched him play in this season he just seems happy if gets his 1-3 Pts a game to keep pace in the OHL scoring race and call it a day, everyone thought he would run away with the OHL scoring race this season, so far not true, Taylor Hall has 38 Pts while Hall's teammate who is a D-man Ryan Ellis is 2nd with 37 Pts.

If the draft was today, I'm not even sure JT would go in the top 5, my top player from the OHL for this years draft would be Matt Duchene, right now anyways.

Now there is still lot's of the season left, and he will be playing for Canada at the WJHC's so maybe that will get him going, that's when he will be going head to head with other top prospects, or playing on the same team as some as well, but right now, he's just looking like an above Avg player out there nothing more, nothing less, maybe a trade out of Oshawa might help him as well, this is now his 4th season there, and this is by far the worst team they have had since he got there, maybe he's just bored with the OHL now, who know's.

But I do know alot of scouts base there rankings on how well players play at the WJHC's playing vs other top players, so time will tell I guess next month, he was great last season for team Canada.

two24four
11-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Blues sent D Alex Pietrangelo (4th overall pick at the last NHL draft) back to the Ice Dogs today, that makes them a much better team, he will log around 30-35 mins a game for them.

Alot of talk already saying the Dogs should trade him at the Jan 10th trade deadline, I'm sure they will wait right up till then to see where they are at then in the standings, as it is right now they are 4th in the East.

He should also be a lock for Team Canada at the WJHC's as well, which is good.

two24four
11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Kingston has hired Doug Gilmour as there new head coach.

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=256278&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

That's huge for Kingston, they have been a joke of a team in the OHL for the last few years, maybe now Gilmour can turn them around, this season on paper they should have a good team, prob even make playoffs, but right now, they are dead last in the OHL.

two24four
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Preliminary Rankings came out today for the top prospects....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=28187

phaneuf6
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Not sure I agree with those rankings in terms of OHL prospects but the right names seem to be there anyways...

two24four
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Not sure I agree with those rankings in terms of OHL prospects but the right names seem to be there anyways...

Yeah right now I would go something like this...(top 8 anyways, from the OHL)

Matt Duchene
John Tavares (Being nice putting him here right now)
Nazem Kadri
Ryan Ellis
Zack Kassian
Calvin De Haan
Peter Holland
Ryan O'Reilly

To bad Taylor Hall still has to wait another year, I think he would go #1 this season if he was old enough.

phaneuf6
11-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah right now I would go something like this...(top 8 anyways, from the OHL)

Matt Duchene
John Tavares (Being nice putting him here right now)
Nazem Kadri
Ryan Ellis
Zack Kassian
Calvin De Haan
Peter Holland
Ryan O'Reilly

To bad Taylor Hall still has to wait another year, I think he would go #1 this season if he was old enough.
O'Reilly was really hyped up when he was drafted #1 but he hasn't done much to impress me so far halfway into his second season. He is a great leader though.

two24four
11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Generals put Tavares on market

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2008/11/19/generals_tavares/

This is the smart thing to do I think, the Gens are not going to go far this season, they lost alot of there top players in the off-season, they could get ALOT back for him in a trade.

two24four
11-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Wow beat down in the OHL today, Windsor beat Sault Ste. Marie 12-1, only thing I dont like, it's looks like they rolled there 1st PP unit right till the end.

Brampton won again as well, that's 16 wins in a row for them.

phaneuf6
11-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Brampton still on a roll, won again today to push the streak to 16 games.

two24four
12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Team Canada sent out it's invites for next weeks WJHC's camp....

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=11732&lid=sublink02&lpos=topRelated_main

From the 38 players, this how I think the team will end up.

Goal

Chet Pickard (WHL)
Tyson Sexsmith (WHL)

Defence

* P.K. Subban (OHL)
* Thomas Hickey (WHL)
Ryan Ellis (OHL)
Tyler Myers (WHL)
Alex Pietrangelo (OHL)
Colten Teubert (WHL)
Tyler Cuma (OHL)

Forwards

* Zach Boychuk (WHL)
* John Tavares (OHL)
Matt Duchene (OHL)
Taylor Hall (OHL)
Cody Hodgson (OHL)
Brayden Schenn (WHL)
Evander Kane (WHL)
Chris DiDomenico (QMJHL)
Nazem Kadri (OHL)
Tyler Ennis (WHL)
Jordan Eberle (WHL)
Stefan Della Rovere (OHL)
Angelo Esposito (QMJHL) - could he really get cut for the 4th year in a row?

* On last seasons team.

phaneuf6
12-03-2008, 03:45 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=11732&lid=sublink02&lpos=topRelated_main

Goal

Chet Pickard (WHL)
Tyson Sexsmith (WHL)

Defence

* P.K. Subban (OHL)
* Thomas Hickey (WHL)
Ryan Ellis (OHL)
Tyler Myers (WHL)
Alex Pietrangelo (OHL)
Colten Teubert (WHL)
Tyler Cuma (OHL)

Forwards

* Zach Boychuk (WHL)
* John Tavares (OHL)
Matt Duchene (OHL)
Taylor Hall (OHL)
Cody Hodgson (OHL)
Brayden Schenn (WHL)
Evander Kane (WHL)
Chris DiDomenico (QMJHL)
Nazem Kadri (OHL)
Tyler Ennis (WHL)
Jordan Eberle (WHL)

* On last seasons team.

They're going to be a filthy team to watch regardless of who gets picked. You planning on going up to Ottawa to watch a few games?

two24four
12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
They're going to be a filthy team to watch regardless of who gets picked. You planning on going up to Ottawa to watch a few games?

I dont think so, you have to buy tickets in a package deal for this, so your not just buying for Canada games, as good as Sweden vs Russia game might be, I dont need tickets for Kazakhstan vs Germany haha, I can just watch it on TV .....it's also a very busy time of year...... I like watching the games on TV anyways, and this year they will be on at good times, none of this 6am shit....3 out of Canada's 4 preliminary games are at 7:30pm EST, the other one is on at 3:30pm which is ok cause it's a Sunday.

Canada's last Preliminary game should be a good game vs USA, that could be for 1st place in there pool and a bye to the semi's.

All Canada's game are at the SBP, I'm guessing the Sens are going on a road trip end of Dec early Jan.

phaneuf6
12-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I dont think so, you have to buy tickets in a package deal for this, so your not just buying for Canada games, as good as Sweden vs Russia game might be, I dont need tickets for Kazakhstan vs Germany haha, I can just watch it on TV .....it's also a very busy time of year...... I like watching the games on TV anyways, and this year they will be on at good times, none of this 6am shit....3 out of Canada's 4 preliminary games are at 7:30pm EST, the other one is on at 3:30pm which is ok cause it's a Sunday.

Canada's last Preliminary game should be a good game vs USA, that could be for 1st place in there pool and a bye to the semi's.
Yeah I thought they were going to release single game tickets soon though. I know a few of my buddies who got the gold package or whatever for all of Canada's games. I might see if I can grab some tickets and head up for a weekend.

two24four
12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah I thought they were going to release single game tickets soon though. I know a few of my buddies who got the gold package or whatever for all of Canada's games. I might see if I can grab some tickets and head up for a weekend.

They might be putting out single game tickets I dont know, that would be ok.

I'm looking forward to it though, nothing against all the other country's, but there is nothing like watching the WJHC's when it's in Canada, it's always sold out, and crazy at most games.

Brampton might be hurting if both Duchene and Hodgson make it, which they should, same as Windsor if both Hall and Ellis make, they both should as well.

phaneuf6
12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
They might be putting out single game tickets I dont know, that would be ok.

I'm looking forward to it though, nothing against all the other country's, but there is nothing like watching the WJHC's when it's in Canada, it's always sold out, and crazy at most games.

Brampton might be hurting if both Duchene and Hodgson make it, which they should, same as Windsor if both Hall and Ellis make, they both should as well.

Brampton have some solid depth though. Hodgson and Duchene are huge though you're right. My buddy on Brampton was telling me his agent is hearing his name being tossed around a lot in Pietrangelo rumors.

two24four
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Brampton have some solid depth though. Hodgson and Duchene are huge though you're right. My buddy on Brampton was telling me his agent is hearing his name being tossed around a lot in Pietrangelo rumors.

No doubt, I dont see Pietrangelo staying with the Dogs past the trade deadline, I think JT gets traded as well, there will be some big names traded at the deadline this year.

Big question in Brampton is, how far can they go in the playoffs, they seem to have probs in the playoffs every year.

two24four
12-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Not something you see every night this year, both Brampton and Belleville losing on the same night.

two24four
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
One of my fav times of the year is just around the corner, the WJHC's, and it starts today with Team Canada opening camp.

In case some did not hear, Columbus gave permission for Nikita Filatov to play for Russia.

phaneuf6
12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
One of my fav times of the year is just around the corner, the WJHC's, and it starts today with Team Canada opening camp.

In case some did not hear, Columbus gave permission for Nikita Filatov to play for Russia.

Lots of injuries to players coming into Team Canada's camp.

two24four
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Lots of injuries to players coming into Team Canada's camp.

Yeah but most should be ok.

two24four
12-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Word is D- Tyler Cuma went into the boards hard tonight during the 1st Red and White game and will not be able to play for Team Canada at the WJHC's, they think he's also going to miss time with his OHL team the 67's.

phaneuf6
12-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Haha, wanna see how valuable Hodgson and Duchene are to Brampton? 0-2 without em.

two24four
12-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Haha, wanna see how valuable Hodgson and Duchene are to Brampton? 0-2 without em.

haha, yeah it will be tough with out them. Windsor lost there 1st game last night 4-0 to Belleville, Windsor was without out Hall and Ellis, it was also Windsor's 1st game in there new rink.

Oshawa lost 10-0 tonight with out JT as well, haha.

phaneuf6
12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
haha, yeah it will be tough with out them. Windsor lost there 1st game last night 4-0 to Belleville, Windsor was without out Hall and Ellis, it was also Windsor's 1st game in there new rink.

Oshawa lost 10-0 tonight with out JT as well, haha.

JT lit it up yesterday in the Red and White game with a hattrick. I hope this kid finds the passion again for the WJs and the rest of the OHL season. I really think he's going to be a great player at the next level.

So a lot of my buddies have picked Sweden to win it. Their team is stacked with NHL draft picks or guys that are slated to go really high this year. I think there are 5 Swedes in the first round predictions this year with Hedman leading the way obviously.

I'm going to say Canada takes this one. Sweden will be good but I always get the impression that the other countries aren't really passionate about the WJs the way Canadians are and it shows on the ice.

two24four
12-13-2008, 12:35 PM
JT lit it up yesterday in the Red and White game with a hattrick. I hope this kid finds the passion again for the WJs and the rest of the OHL season. I really think he's going to be a great player at the next level.

So a lot of my buddies have picked Sweden to win it. Their team is stacked with NHL draft picks or guys that are slated to go really high this year. I think there are 5 Swedes in the first round predictions this year with Hedman leading the way obviously.

I'm going to say Canada takes this one. Sweden will be good but I always get the impression that the other countries aren't really passionate about the WJs the way Canadians are and it shows on the ice.

JT has really steped up his game the last few weeks, winning OHL player of the week the last two weeks, dont be shocked when the WJHC's are over that he's with a new team in the OHL, rumour is London is willing to give up a ALOT to get him, I heard pretty much every draft pick they have next season ( not there 1st round pick, OHL teams cant trade 1st round picks) plus a couple of young prospects, I'm sure other teams like Belleville, Windsor and Brampton might look into him as well.

Yeah Sweden will deff be a team to watch out for, I think it will be them and Canada in the gold game, with Russia and USA in the bronze game.

phaneuf6
12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
JT has really steped up his game the last few weeks, winning OHL player of the week the last two weeks, dont be shocked when the WJHC's are over that he's with a new team in the OHL, rumour is London is willing to give up a ALOT to get him, I heard pretty much every draft pick they have next season ( not there 1st round pick, OHL teams cant trade 1st round picks) plus a couple of young prospects, I'm sure other teams like Belleville, Windsor and Brampton might look into him as well.

Yeah Sweden will deff be a team to watch out for, I think it will be them and Canada in the gold game, with Russia and USA in the bronze game.

Yeah I heard that about London as well. I don't think Brampton will go after him TBH. I've heard more Pietrangelo to Brampton, they could use a guy like him. That would be a filthy PP. They'd move Pereira off the point and slide Pietrangelo in. With Hodgson on the other point and Duchene and Grachev up front. Plus whoever else is in there.

two24four
12-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah I heard that about London as well. I don't think Brampton will go after him TBH. I've heard more Pietrangelo to Brampton, they could use a guy like him. That would be a filthy PP. They'd move Pereira off the point and slide Pietrangelo in. With Hodgson on the other point and Duchene and Grachev up front. Plus whoever else is in there.

Yeah, that would be a smart move for Barmpton. But I have heard Windsor wants to take a shot at Pietrangelo as well, that PP is sick as it is, add in Pietrangelo, wow.

Mitchell-Hall- Nemisz
Pietrangelo-Ellis

:eek:

Oshawa got a taste of what it's like with out JT losing 10-0 to Ottawa last night, if they dont trade him this season and get what they can, which would be alot, that score last night could be what's coming alot next season for them.

Edit: sounds like Cuma did something to his MCL, that's not good news for the 67's.

WIS
12-13-2008, 02:10 PM

I didn't know that. What's the reason behind that?

phaneuf6
12-13-2008, 02:22 PM

Probably just gets too messy for a junior hockey league.

two24four
12-13-2008, 02:22 PM

#1 reason is it's Jr hockey, where most teams go through a rebuild about every 3-4 years at least, if not sooner, so if you trade your 1st round pick every year it's very hard to rebuild. Another rule is when a teams draft's a player in the 1st round, that team cant trade that player during his rookie season till the trade deadline, so that player is with the team who drafted him till at least Jan, but if you are drafted from the 2nd round on, you can be traded during your rookie season at any time.

two24four
12-14-2008, 03:09 PM
phaneuf6, your boys from Brampton are looking good today, 8-1 so far over the Ice Dogs, and there is still 11:00 mins left in the 2nd.

What a nice find Grachev was for them.

phaneuf6
12-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Kyle Pereira, my buddy, won't be happy with no points on the day! haha.

I'm surprised Nyberg got called up. He's so small. I've partied with him a few times and he doesn't look like a hockey player at all.

two24four
12-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Kyle Pereira, my buddy, won't be happy with no points on the day! haha.

I'm surprised Nyberg got called up. He's so small. I've partied with him a few times and he doesn't look like a hockey player at all.

Yeah but he has 1 goal and 2 assists so far today, he's making the best of his callup.

phaneuf6
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah but he has 1 goal and 2 assists so far today, he's making the best of his callup.

Yeah tell me about it. I guess these guys want to prove that they aren't just Duch and Hodgson.

Farmerbob42
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
im surprised colin long wasn't invited to the juniors camp, but eih, guess he's too 1 dimensional. i dont think benn will make it, but meyers maybe

WinnipegWingnut
12-15-2008, 10:58 AM
im surprised colin long wasn't invited to the juniors camp, but eih, guess he's too 1 dimensional. i dont think benn will make it, but meyers maybe

Benn made it :)

phaneuf6
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Among those getting good news on Monday morning were goaltenders Chet Pickard and Dustin Tokarski. They will man the nets for Team Canada.

The forwards are Esposito, John Tavares, Tyler Ennis, Jamie Benn, Zach Boychuk, Patrice Cormier, Stefan Della Rovere, Chris DiDomenico, Jordan Eberle, Cody Hodgson, Brett Sonne and Dana Tyrell.

The defencemen are Ryan Ellis, Keith Aulie, Cody Goloubef, Thomas Hickey, Tyler Myers, Alex Pietrangelo, P.K. Subban and Colten Teubert.

Wow I'm so disappointed in some of these selections. There is no one Duchene or Hall should have been left off. Kadri and Schenn were also probably on my list. 8 defensemen is stupid. Brendan Smith should have been one of them IMO as well.

two24four
12-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow I'm so disappointed in some of these selections. There is no one Duchene or Hall should have been left off. Kadri and Schenn were also probably on my list. 8 defensemen is stupid. Brendan Smith should have been one of them IMO as well.

I'm with you, like I said in the other thread, I'm also alittle shocked at some of the picks, like really, do they really need 8 d-man :rolleyes:

two24four
12-15-2008, 01:15 PM

Goal

Chet Pickard (WHL)
Tyson Sexsmith (WHL)

Defence

* P.K. Subban (OHL)
* Thomas Hickey (WHL)
Ryan Ellis (OHL)
Tyler Myers (WHL)
Alex Pietrangelo (OHL)
Colten Teubert (WHL)
Tyler Cuma (OHL)

Forwards

* Zach Boychuk (WHL)
* John Tavares (OHL)
Matt Duchene (OHL)
Taylor Hall (OHL)
Cody Hodgson (OHL)
Brayden Schenn (WHL)
Evander Kane (WHL)
Chris DiDomenico (QMJHL)
Nazem Kadri (OHL)
Tyler Ennis (WHL)
Jordan Eberle (WHL)

* On last seasons team.

Not bad in my picks, one's in bold are who made it.

Duchene, Hall and Schenn should be on this team IMO, but I guess Brampton and Windsor will be happy to be getting at least one of there players back sooner.

Nice to see Leafs draft pick DiDomenico make it.

Anyways, 1st ex game is on TSN this friday night vs Sweden, let's get this shit going.

phaneuf6
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I was going to go down Friday night, Cody was getting me and Pereira tickets but can't go now. :(

Was DiDomenico a pick of Quinn's when he was GM?

two24four
12-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I was going to go down Friday night, Cody was getting me and Pereira tickets but can't go now. :(

Was DiDomenico a pick of Quinn's when he was GM?

No, JFJ's pick, he was drafted in '07.

phaneuf6
12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
No, JFJ's pick, he was drafted in '07.

That's what I thought. I'm not sure he should be there over Duchene Schenn or Hall.

two24four
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM
That's what I thought. I'm not sure he should be there over Duchene Schenn or Hall.

I also agree with that, but I guess they are going another way. I hope this does not back fire, Hall is a kid who kid pretty much score at will.

two24four
12-17-2008, 01:42 AM
It's just a rumour, but it sounds like JT might be traded to London for 3 players + two draft picks once he's back from playing for Team Canada.

There is a new rule in the OHL this season (the Steve Mason rule, lol) that players at the WJHC's cant be traded while away, so we wont know for sure till at least Jan 6th.

moans
12-17-2008, 02:04 AM
maybe I''ll actually go to a Knights game now.

phaneuf6
12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
maybe I''ll actually go to a Knights game now.
If you can get tickets. They're sold out a ton aren't they? I've heard from friends its one of the best spots to play. Strange since usually the only OHL teams that sellout are those in rural areas or towns where there isn't much to do. :lol:

two24four
12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
If you can get tickets. They're sold out a ton aren't they? I've heard from friends its one of the best spots to play. Strange since usually the only OHL teams that sellout are those in rural areas or towns where there isn't much to do. :lol:

Yeah but London has been a good team for about the last 5 years, always the top team in the OHL, or near the top, that helps alot as well. If this rumour is true, getting tickets in London I would think for the rest of this season plus playoffs will be pretty hard, it's hard enough now as it is.

two24four
01-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Holy shit !!!! It sounds like John Tavares could be traded to Windsor as soon as tomorrow, it sounded like he was going to London in the weeks leading up to this, Winsdor is already the 2nd (they have been 1st for most of the season) top CHL team in Canada, with guys like Hall, Ellis, Mitchell, Henrique, Nemisz, WOW.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/21979-THN-at-the-World-Junior-Championship-Big-game-players-bring-Canada-to-final.html

WIS
01-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Holy shit !!!! It sounds like John Tavares could be traded to Windsor as soon as tomorrow, it sounded like he was going to London in the weeks leading up to this, Winsdor is already the 2nd (they have been 1st for most of the season) top CHL team in Canada, with guys like Hall, Ellis, Mitchell, Henrique, Nemisz, WOW.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/21979-THN-at-the-World-Junior-Championship-Big-game-players-bring-Canada-to-final.html
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm supposed to go to a Spits' game this week. I wonder if he'll already be in the lineup...

Anybody know how to get tickets to this new arena? I used to go to the barn back in the day, but haven't been to the WFCU yet. Where can I get tickets?

Spartan
01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Its London...sweet!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2009/01/05/tavares_trade/

chgorman
01-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Its London...sweet!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2009/01/05/tavares_trade/

Nice! My Mom and Aunt have season's tix. Might have to make my way to London for a game or two to see this kid live before the end of the season, if I can pry a ticket away from one or both of 'em.

two24four
01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow, this must have gone right down to the wire between London and Windsor, I'm guessing Windsor will now go out and try to make a move before Friday, maybe even for Guelph goalie Thomas McCollum.

Edit: haha the Gens and London play eachother Friday night, that might be a wild game.

two24four
01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Bobbie Mac was on during the 2nd INT of the RUS vs SVK game, he says from what he's heard is that this is still not a done deal yet, he said London and Winsdor are still both trying to get him.

two24four
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
That did not take long for the 1st Team Canada player to be traded, Chris DiDomenico (who is a Leafs draft pick, for those who did not know :D) was traded today in the QMJHL from the Saint John Sea Dogs to the Drummondville Voltigeurs (who are the 3rd ranked team in the CHL at 31-4-0-3) for two players plus a 1st round pick.

two24four
01-06-2009, 03:40 PM
No deal yet for Tavares.

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=262157&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

two24four
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
So sdubzz seeing as you are a Spits fan what do you think of the huge trade they pulled off today?

I think that it was a great deal for you guys, getting a top centre who's a proven scorer, a good d-man who's good in his own end, as well as another goalie who know's how to win, and all 3 played in the Mem Cup last season, you guys also really did not even lose anyone of you're roster to get these players, which is huge, the Spits got even better today, which is scary to think about.

JT update :D he played for Oshawa tonight in Belleville and had a goal and an assist as Oshawa lost 8-2, I would think this was his last game with Oshawa tonight.

two24four
01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
JT traded to London, as well as Michael Del Zotto who is a first round pick of the New York Rangers :eek:

http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=262420&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

nyrblue2
01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Junior players have no-trade clauses? Strange...

Buffalo87
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, Tavares AND Del Zotto...not bad.

Hamsterkill
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Great, now Erie really won't be competitive against London this year. Not that they were in the first place...

two24four
01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow, Tavares AND Del Zotto...not bad.

Yeah this is a huge trade for London, I'm just waiting to hear what Oshawa got back in the deal, it has to be alot, seeing as there was rumour's just for JT they where willing to give 3 players, 2 picks plus cash, now with Del Zotto in the deal I would think there is alot more to this deal.

two24four
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
So the deal looks like this.

To Oshawa: forward Christian Thomas (who is Steve "Stumpy" Thomas' son) defenceman Scott Valentine and goaltender Michael Zador plus 4 second-round draft selections, as well as two 3rd round picks.

To London: Tavares, defenceman Michael Del Zotto and goaltender Daryl Borden.

chgorman
01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
So the deal looks like this.

To Oshawa: forward Christian Thomas (who is Steve "Stumpy" Thomas' son) defenceman Scott Valentine and goaltender Michael Zador plus for four second-round draft selections, as wel as two third-round choices.

To London: Tavares, defenceman Michael Del Zotto and goaltender Daryl Borden.

Holy crap!! How does Hunter plan on building a team over the next couple seasons?

24 - do you see either of these guys going back to London next year, or will they be in the NHL/AHL? If they were assured of having both those guys back for next season, then I could understand this trade, but if not, that's a big price to pay for 3 or 4 mths worth of JT/MDZ. They're not gonna have much of a team for a few yrs afterwards by giving up all those picks, I'd have to think.

two24four
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Holy crap!! How does Hunter plan on building a team over the next couple seasons?

24 - do you see either of these guys going back to London next year, or will they be in the NHL/AHL? If they were assured of having both those guys back for next season, then I could understand this trade, but if not, that's a big price to pay for 3 or 4 mths worth of JT/MDZ. They're not gonna have much of a team for a few yrs afterwards by giving up all those picks, I'd have to think.

Well if Del Zotto does not make the NY Rangers next season then he has to come back to Jr no matter what, Daryl Borden the goalie London picked up really is not that good, I think getting him was more of a depth move for this season in net in case one of London's goalies go down in the playoffs, he's been Oshawa's 3rd string goalie for most of this season, he will also be an overage player next season, which means I doubt London will want to keep a goalie who's really not that great as one of there 3 overage players, and we all know JT will not be back playing Jr next season.

chgorman
01-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Well if Del Zotto does not make the NY Rangers next season then he has to come back to Jr no matter what, Daryl Borden the goalie London picked up really is not that good, I think getting him was more of a depth move for this season in net in case one of London's goalies go down in the playoffs, he's been Oshawa's 3rd string goalie for most of this season, he will also be an overage player next season, which means I doubt London will want to keep a goalie who's really not that great as one of there 3 overage players, and we all know JT will not be back playing Jr next season.

That's what I figured too, but I've heard a few ppl say his skating isn't at an NHL level yet, so I wasn't sure.

Well, if Del Zotto is likely the only one of the 3 heading back to London next yr then... I dunno... seems like a pretty steep price to pay for a one yr run at the Mem Cup when they won't be able to build a decent team for yrs afterwards with all the picks they gave. But admittedly, I don't folllow the Juniors much, so maybe it's easier to build/rebuild a team without those draft picks than I think it is.

keys2aFranchise
01-08-2009, 05:40 PM
London will be ok without the picks because they are able to draft (and sign) kids in later rounds that are ranked much higher than where they are drafted due to NCAA concerns.

two24four
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
That's what I figured too, but I've heard a few ppl say his skating isn't at an NHL level yet, so I wasn't sure.

Well, if Del Zotto is likely the only one of the 3 heading back to London next yr then... I dunno... seems like a pretty steep price to pay for a one yr run at the Mem Cup when they won't be able to build a decent team for yrs afterwards with all the picks they gave. But admittedly, I don't folllow the Juniors much, so maybe it's easier to build/rebuild a team without those draft picks than I think it is.

JT will be in the NHL next season, his skating is still not great, but it's much better then it was at this time last year, I'm sure what ever team drafts him they will get him skating alot through the summer I'm guessing.

As for the picks, it was alot of picks to give, but when you are trading for two top players it's a price you have to pay. Re-building in Jr hockey happens about every 3-4 years for every team, so this wont help London much there, but London is the one team who seems to find away to pull of trades like this yet still have good teams every year for the most part, (sometimes not the right way) the Hunters do a good job running the Knights for the most part, they may take a step back next season or the year after thou.

London and Windsor are going to have a nice battle now for the top seed in the West, they also have 3 games left with eachother this season which will be classic games, it's really a shame both these teams play in the West, cause one of them wont see the OHL Championship this season, the West final will be a awesome to watch thou, as both these teams should be in it.

Edit: Oshawa plays in London tomorrow night, but from what I have read both JT and MDZ will not play for London, I guess that could change thou between now and then.

two24four
01-08-2009, 05:56 PM
London will be ok without the picks because they are able to draft (and sign) kids in later rounds that are ranked much higher than where they are drafted due to NCAA concerns.

Yeah they do that alot eh, that's why they dont mind doing trades like this, cause they will draft a few kids who should have gone early in the 1st round in the 5-6th rounds who have told all other OHL teams that they are going to play in the NCAA not the OHL, only to say later, "oh I have changed my mind, I now want to play in the OHL" after the Knights draft them :rolleyes:

keys2aFranchise
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah they do that alot eh, that's why they dont mind doing trades like this, cause they will draft a few kids who should have gone early in the 1st round in the 5-6th rounds who have told all other OHL teams that they are going to play in the NCAA not the OHL, only to say later, "oh I have changed my mind, I now want to play in the OHL" after the Knights draft them :rolleyes:

can you blame them?

The Hunter's have created one hell of an environment to play in and they make players NHL ready.

two24four
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
can you blame them?

The Hunter's have created one hell of an environment to play in and they make players NHL ready.

Come on, yes they have had some nice teams ever since the Hunters got there, but it's not like they are the only OHL team sending players to the NHL, the Petes and Oshawa have sent the most Jr players to the NHL ever.

keys2aFranchise
01-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I was referring to since the Hunter's have taken over. I don't follow the OHL as close as you do but the Knights have to be one of the most successful team since the Hunters took over.

As far as why the kids change their minds. Maybe the chance to play in a great city, in front of 9,000 people in one of the best venues in the league has something to do with it.

two24four
01-09-2009, 12:15 AM
phaneuf6 should like this, there is a rumour that Brampton has traded for Guelph goalie Thomas McCollum, should know for sure tomorow before the OHL trade deadline at 12pm.

two24four
01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
phaneuf6 should like this, there is a rumour that Brampton has traded for Guelph goalie Thomas McCollum, should know for sure tomorow before the OHL trade deadline at 12pm.

Rumour was good, deal done today.

To Brampton:
Thomas McCollum

To Guelph
Brandon Foote
Josh Shalla
2nd Pick in 2010
2nd Pick in 2011

Not a bad trade for Brampton for this season.

phaneuf6
01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Rumour was good, deal done today.

To Brampton:
Thomas McCollum

To Guelph
Brandon Foote
Josh Shalla
2nd Pick in 2010
2nd Pick in 2011

Not a bad trade for Brampton for this season.
Holy shit, no way! I just got back from a short trip up north and my buddy Footer gets traded! Yikes! I'm really good friends with Shalla's ex too :lol:

I like the JT deal, Christian Thomas is a friend of mine and although he's a good player I think his name gives him a lot more credit than he deserves. The picks will be fine, not sure if chgorman knows there's 14 (15?) rounds in the OHL draft so theres a lot of picks to find talent.

two24four
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Holy shit, no way! I just got back from a short trip up north and my buddy Footer gets traded! Yikes! I'm really good friends with Shalla's ex too :lol:

I like the JT deal, Christian Thomas is a friend of mine and although he's a good player I think his name gives him a lot more credit than he deserves. The picks will be fine, not sure if chgorman knows there's 14 (15?) rounds in the OHL draft so theres a lot of picks to find talent.

Yeah it's alot to give up, but I guess they really want to win the East over Belleville this season. I can see giving up one 2nd round pick, but I'm not sure about the 2nd one, seems like alot.

I agree about Thomas, mind you I have not really seen him play alot, I will now alittle more that he's in the East now, I guess time will tell, he did just win gold at the under 17's thou, so that would mean he's one of the best under 17's in Ontario at least I guess.

two24four
01-11-2009, 04:41 PM
JT played his 1st game with London today, he picked up 2 goals and an assist, London beat Missy 7-3.

phaneuf6
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
JT played his 1st game with London today, he picked up 2 goals and an assist, London beat Missy 7-3.
I think London has the edge over Windsor now. I'm going to be down in London in the last week of January but unfortunately they are out of town that weekend. :(

two24four
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I just watched the Gens vs Petes game. Thomas looks like he was a pretty good pick up for Oshawa, he's really fast and seems to have some nice hands, scored his 1st goal as a Gen tonight as well. He looks just like the ole man out there on the ice, small but lot's of heart.

phaneuf6
01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah he'll be a good one there in Oshawa. He used to lay the body pretty well in Minor Midget. Love to see what he can do in a few years once he fills out.

two24four
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Mid term rankings came out today for this years draft, here it is for the North American skaters.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=29396

I'm going to tell you right now Zach Kassian is ranked way to low at 24th, if he goes that low it will be a steal for who ever get him there. I have watched this kid alot over the last year and a half, he's a beast. I would love to see the Leafs find a way to draft him, he also fits the Brian Burke mold to a tee, he's a big power forward at 6'3 215lbs who can score, set guys up, (he has great hands for a big guy) hits with the best of them, and he also fights with the best of them, he has a rocket for a shot as well, he's just what the Leafs need right now IMO, he also does not mind driving hard to the net. His stats so far this season look like this. 16 goals, 24 assissts for 40 Pts, with 87 PIM's in 37 GP.

Here is a video someone made of him on YouTube for those of you who have never seen him play, he's #9, the very last part of the video shows how good he is, going end to end on his own, he scored on the play as well.

YouTube - Zack Kassian Tribute

phaneuf6
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Wow Holland at 9th. Randell is a nice steal down there at 95th. Cizikas has slipped a lot too due to injuries, he'd be a steal at 132.

Farmerbob42
01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
i think barrie could move up, kelowna has a decent reputation for developing good dmen.

Also, loving kelowna with backlund now, yeh! not a 1 line team anymore!

two24four
01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
i think barrie could move up, kelowna has a decent reputation for developing good dmen.

Also, loving kelowna with backlund now, yeh! not a 1 line team anymore!

Yeah Backlund was a nice add for you guys for sure. I guess his team over in Sweden is pissed at the Flames for not sending him back after the WJHC's.

Dubz
01-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I think London has the edge over Windsor now. I'm going to be down in London in the last week of January but unfortunately they are out of town that weekend. :(

Hehhumm :blah:

phaneuf6
01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Hehhumm :blah:
Aha. Tavares gives them a real edge.

two24four
01-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I dont know, it's real close between London and Windsor. It's going to be fun to watch them battle for 1st in the West the rest of the season, and I'm sure again in the West final.

two24four
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Top prospects game is tomorrow night in Oshawa, (it's on Sportsnet) it will be the last chance for JT to play in Oshawa, he will get a chance to say good bye, I'm sure he will get a standing O or two.

Should be a good game as always. Skills comp is tonight, but they dont show that on TV for this.

Farmerbob42
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah Backlund was a nice add for you guys for sure. I guess his team over in Sweden is pissed at the Flames for not sending him back after the WJHC's.

As far as i heard, before the WJs his swedish team was thinking about cutting him, so serves them right hah

two24four
01-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Wow, both JT and Ellis where hurt tonight in the 3rd of the prospects game, JT took a hit behide the net from Zach Kassian that did not look good for JT, looked like his shoulder or wrist maybe, hard to tell as he skated off, he banged his stick on the ice as he was leaving....Ellis blocked a shot while on the PK, my guess is he just has some bees in his boot.

JT looked like he was in alot of pain, rolling around on the ice after the hit.

phaneuf6
01-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Wow, both JT and Ellis where hurt tonight in the 3rd of the prospects game, JT took a hit behide the net from Zach Kassian that did not look good for JT, looked like his shoulder or wrist maybe, hard to tell as he skated off, he banged his stick on the ice as he was leaving....Ellis blocked a shot while on the PK, my guess is he just has some bees in his boot.
Awful feeling.

That would be terrible. You never like to see players hurt in games like these, designed as showcases for the fans.

two24four
01-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I can just hear the Hunter's now in London when watching this game after just trading for JT last week, now he goes down a week later, and not even in a London game.

phaneuf6
01-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I can just hear the Hunter's now in London when watching this game after just trading for JT last week, now he goes down a week later, and not even in a London game.
I'm not watching the game, who's looking good out there 24?

two24four
01-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm not watching the game, who's looking good out there 24?

It's been over for about 20 mins now ;)

JT was looking good out there as always till he got hurt, as was Ellis, Duchene, Kassian, de Haan and one of the players of the game from the WHL (can't think of his name) he scored two goals, red head kid, he lookd good as well, I missed most of the game, I saw the last 12 mins or so of the 3rd.

Edit: Brayden Schenn looked really good as well from what I saw, he looks like he's a slick passer.

two24four
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Nothing for sure yet, but it's sounding more and more like JT's shoulder is separated, again nothing for sure, but if so, that could be bad, some players have missed alot of time with separated shoulder's, others come back in a few weeks.

two24four
01-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing JT's shoulder is feeling better as he has a hatty tonight, game is not over yet as well.

So far in two games since joining London he has 5 goals, 1 assist and is a +5.

Dubz
01-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm guessing JT's shoulder is feeling better as he has a hatty tonight, game is not over yet as well.

So far in two games since joining London he has 5 goals, 1 assist and is a +5.

Thats unreal. I will be able to check him out at the All Star festivities in a couple of weeks:D

two24four
01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
It will suck for JT if he's drafted by the Isles, which as of right now it's looking like they are going to have the best chance. Could be a loooong start to his career if that does happen.

phaneuf6
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
It will suck for JT if he's drafted by the Isles, which as of right now it's looking like they are going to have the best chance. Could be a loooong start to his career if that does happen.
That's what's gotta suck. I mean, it'd be cool if he got drafted to a shitty Leaf team or a shitty Montreal team but the Islanders don't even have a great fan base.

WIS
01-19-2009, 10:20 PM
In a situation like this would Tavares ever pull a Lindros and refuse to go to a poor franchise like the New York Islanders?

That's what's gotta suck. I mean, it'd be cool if he got drafted to a shitty Leaf team or a shitty Montreal team but the Islanders don't even have a great fan base.

Dubz
01-19-2009, 11:44 PM
In a situation like this would Tavares ever pull a Lindros and refuse to go to a poor franchise like the New York Islanders?

Well 24 said he wouldnt (I also think the hockey world learned a lesson from the asshole thing Lindros and his dad I believe, pulled off) but I could see a team trade up and give the Isles a shitload to land this kid.....right? Being in the position the Isles are in Im sure they would oblige, maybe ;)

two24four
01-19-2009, 11:45 PM

I dont see him doing that, he's not that kind of kid. If the Isles did draft him, I think he would say all the right things right after be being drafted.

WIS
01-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I dont see him doing that, he's not that kind of kid. If the Isles did draft him, I think he would say all the right things right after be being drafted.
Would he give it his all? Probably, right? Isn't he a Leafs fan? But who isn't these days :dunno:

two24four
01-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Would he give it his all? Probably, right? Isn't he a Leafs fan? But who isn't these days :dunno:

I'm pretty sure he would give it his all, like I said I dont think he's the type to turn down a team no matter how bad of a team they are. I do hope like sdubzz said that some team gives the NYI (if they are the team to land the 1st pick) a package deal that they cant turn down, for JT's sake, cause we have seen what goes on there, I think it would be a waste to have him play there.

This is the Isles, who know's, they could land the 1st overall pick and go off the bored and pick someone know one has heard of before, would anyone be shocked by that? haha.

nyrblue2
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
It doesn't matter, DET is just going to draft someone better than Taveras in the 7th round, lol.

two24four
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
It doesn't matter, DET is just going to draft someone better than Taveras in the 7th round, lol.

haha. As good as DET draft's are, even they will be hard pressed to find someone in this draft who's as good as JT is.

phaneuf6
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Hm. Lets say the Leafs get the 5th pick. What do you think would fetch them that first overall from the Isles?

5th Overall Pick
2nd Round 2010
Kubina
Poni
Williams
DiDomenico

?

two24four
01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
I really dont want to see them trade DiDomenico away, I think he's going to be a good NHL player, plus he looked good along side JT at the WJHC's, Williams would be ok I guess, I really like him thou. Also I dont think we have a 2nd round pick in 2010, we traded it to MTL for Grabovski.

phaneuf6
01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I really dont want to see them trade DiDomenico away, I think he's going to be a good NHL player, plus he looked good along side JT at the WJHC's, Williams would be ok I guess, I really like him thou. Also I dont think we have a 2nd round pick in 2010, we traded it to MTL for Grabovski.
Fair enough, was just a ballpark figure. I'd say that'd be enough probably. Maybe even overpayment with DiDomenico considering they'd still be getting a player like Brayden Schenn with the 5th overall.

two24four
01-28-2009, 12:08 AM
What a game tonight by JT and London, they beat Kitchener 9-0, JT had 4 goals and 2 assists, and was a +5 tonight, he now has 13 goals, 7 assists, 20 Pts in 7 games with London since his trade. Nazem Kadri had 1 goal and 3 assists tonight.

Edit: JT now has 403 Pts in his OHL career, the OHL record for all-time Pts is 479 Pts.

two24four
01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Holy shit, no way! I just got back from a short trip up north and my buddy Footer gets traded!

I heard Foote broke his collarbone in practice yesterday, tough for both him and Guelph.

phaneuf6
01-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I heard Foote broke his collarbone in practice yesterday, tough for both him and Guelph.
Yeah he did, all over his Facebook lol. He was playing really well too, he's going to be a good tender.

two24four
01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah he did, all over his Facebook lol. He was playing really well too, he's going to be a good tender.

Sucks for Guelph thou, they have two other goalies on the team, one has played a total of 2 OHL games, the other one 0 games. Petes play in Guelph Friday so I'm not bitching about that :D

moans
01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Have you guys heard anything on this kid Joey Benik.
He has 84 points in 20 games including 53 goals. That is just insane. I;m not too sure where he's ranked right now but I could see him shoot up the ranks.
http://mbhsh.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=1644947&seasonid=3534

two24four
01-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Have you guys heard anything on this kid Joey Benik.
He has 84 points in 20 games including 53 goals. That is just insane. I;m not too sure where he's ranked right now but I could see him shoot up the ranks.
http://mbhsh.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=1644947&seasonid=3534

Cant say I have heard of him. Those are some nice numbers, but I'm not sure how many HS players get drafted to the NHL, I doubt many, any idea how old he is? I know Jamie Langenbrunner was drafted out of HS (in fact from Minny as well) but after that he came and played two years in the OHL.