PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants

King_Killah
03-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I love this.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—Tom Coughlin cashed in on the New York Giants (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyg/;_ylt=Au_aNw3buuofbtOhpsWBM94dsLYF)’ improbable run to a Super Bowl title, signing a four-year, $21 million contract that will make him one of the NFL’s highest-paid coaches.
“Tom Coughlin has done a great job for us and we think this contract recognizes his outstanding achievements here,” Giants president and chief executive John Mara said Saturday. “This is a message to him and to our fans that we want him to be our coach for many years to come.”
The 61-year-old coach will earn about $5.25 million annually, a $2 million increase over last season and what he was to have earned this year. Seattle’s Mike Holmgren is the NFL’s top-paid coach at $8 million a year.

Coughlin who has been fighting for his coaching life, on the verge of being fired at any given second all of the sudden gets a 4-year extension because of his Super Bowl win.

So when NYG goes 8-8 next season, will the talks about Coughlin's job being on the line come up again?

walker42500
03-09-2008, 01:34 AM
I love this.

Coughlin who has been fighting for his coaching life, on the verge of being fired at any given second all of the sudden gets a 4-year extension because of his Super Bowl win.

So when NYG goes 8-8 next season, will the talks about Coughlin's job being on the line come up again?

I would expect it to come earlier than that. New Yorkers forget the past easily. If he doesn't have a winning record at the halfway point, people are want him out.

But I'm not expecting that at all. I expect them to do pretty well again this year.

Doctego
03-09-2008, 10:22 AM

How is this a surprise?? Once they made the playoffs, he pretty much got a 2 year extension. As they advanced, he added years and $$ to it. He, much like Eli, has bought himself a lot of time from the critics.

two24four
03-09-2008, 12:50 PM
If they start the season 0-2 or 0-3 people will want him gone right then.

King_Killah
03-09-2008, 02:31 PM
How is this a surprise?? Once they made the playoffs, he pretty much got a 2 year extension. As they advanced, he added years and $$ to it. He, much like Eli, has bought himself a lot of time from the critics.

I just think its funny. More than three-quarters of the season he was fighting for his coaching life, management was going to fire him, fans wanted him out... He catches a break and his team happens to win the Bowl, so he gets extended. Imagine if they open the season 0-2. Or at the halfway point they are only 4-4 or worse. It'll be the same story all over again. Coughlin sucks, he should be fired, he better win his next two or we might have to let him go...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
didnt the giants start 0-2 or 0-3 this year anyway?

I think Coughlin definitely bought himself a little time.. a season or two before they want his head, unless of course things go swimmingly.

nyihater4life
03-09-2008, 06:46 PM
NYG can start 0-2 for as many seasons as they like. They proved everyone wrong and they can do it again if neccessary.

Personally, im a Jets fan but still, props to them.

nyihater4life
03-09-2008, 06:47 PM
didnt the giants start 0-2 or 0-3 this year anyway?

I think Coughlin definitely bought himself a little time.. a season or two before they want his head, unless of course things go swimmingly.

Yes they did. 0-2 and everyone said the Giants would go down hill :lol:

Doctego
03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I just think its funny. More than three-quarters of the season he was fighting for his coaching life, management was going to fire him, fans wanted him out... He catches a break and his team happens to win the Bowl, so he gets extended. Imagine if they open the season 0-2. Or at the halfway point they are only 4-4 or worse. It'll be the same story all over again. Coughlin sucks, he should be fired, he better win his next two or we might have to let him go...

While there will be idiots to overreact like that, Coughlin and Manning have bought themselves years and not games with most fans and media.

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 10:32 PM
While there will be idiots to overreact like that, Coughlin and Manning have bought themselves years and not games with most fans and media.

Possibly. But not in New York. If they start slow, they will be ridiculed.

nyihater4life
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM

Yeah and what happened last time they started off slow? ;)

Fans shouldnt judge any team by the first 2 games. Fans have said they would never doubt Eli again but we will see.

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah and what happened last time they started off slow? ;)

Fans shouldnt judge any team by the first 2 games. Fans have said they would never doubt Eli again but we will see.

Then those "said" fans really didn't pay much attention to that final game. The one where the defense dominated. Where Tyree went up and made a catch that seemed almost impossible. I doubt Eli. If he can follow up his playoff performance of not f*cking up over the course of next season, then I will change my thoughts on him. Until then, f*ck Eli.

nyihater4life
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Then those "said" fans really didn't pay much attention to that final game. The one where the defense dominated. Where Tyree went up and made a catch that seemed almost impossible. I doubt Eli. If he can follow up his playoff performance of not f*cking up over the course of next season, then I will change my thoughts on him. Until then, f*ck Eli.

Should I even remind you how Tyree caught the ball? Eli could of just gave up on the play you know.

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Should I even remind you how Tyree caught the ball? Eli could of just gave up on the play you know.

Please enlighten me on the heroics of Eli. :rolleyes: He basically scrambled for his life. Sure, he gets credit for not going down. But you can't see that play was intentional. He heaved the ball up in desperation. Tyree went up and made the play. I do give Eli points for not going down.

nyihater4life
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Please enlighten me on the heroics of Eli. :rolleyes: He basically scrambled for his life. Sure, he gets credit for not going down. But you can't see that play was intentional. He heaved the ball up in desperation. Tyree went up and made the play. I do give Eli points for not going down.

Didnt he throw zero intos until the Superbowl?(and that wasnt even his fault, it bounced off the guys hands and into the Patriots)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Didnt he throw zero intos until the Superbowl?(and that wasnt even his fault, it bounced off the guys hands and into the Patriots)

I'm with Killah. I pegged the Giants to upset teams like Dallas and go deep and I totally respect the play of the team as a whole and the way Eli played for most of the playoffs.. an impressive run. But The SB is Over with a Pats win had Samuel (I think it was Asante) pulled in the ball late in the 4th quarter that Eli threw pretty much RIGHT to him.. Samuel was on the sideline and hopped up for what woulda been the game clinching pick and instead it flew RIGHT through Asante's hands. That's prototypical Eli Manning, really... I'm not sold on him quite yet which is unfortunate b/c I own him in a keeper :D

Doctego
03-11-2008, 12:31 AM

I disagree, at least for the most part. There are always assholes.

nyihater4life
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm with Killah. I pegged the Giants to upset teams like Dallas and go deep and I totally respect the play of the team as a whole and the way Eli played for most of the playoffs.. an impressive run. But The SB is Over with a Pats win had Samuel (I think it was Asante) pulled in the ball late in the 4th quarter that Eli threw pretty much RIGHT to him.. Samuel was on the sideline and hopped up for what woulda been the game clinching pick and instead it flew RIGHT through Asante's hands. That's prototypical Eli Manning, really... I'm not sold on him quite yet which is unfortunate b/c I own him in a keeper :D

No, the Into was thrown to a Giant and it bounced off his hands, CLEARLY!. He slid on his knees I believe and it bounced off. I remember it very well.

nyihater4life
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I disagree, at least for the most part. There are always assholes.

Agreed. New York fans are one of the toughest. We will boo you if you do poorly, no matter who you are(Knicks, Rangers, Isanders, etc), which includes the Yankees too;)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-11-2008, 04:30 AM
No, the Into was thrown to a Giant and it bounced off his hands, CLEARLY!. He slid on his knees I believe and it bounced off. I remember it very well.

hmm I tend to remember that play differently but I was drunk so who knows. I'll have to check a replay sometime, cause I remember it appearing to be an ill advised typical eli throw. :dunno:

Snipes16
03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
You guys are nuts. If the Giants didn't fire him after last years collapse then they certainly aren't going to fire him after forking over 21 million bucks.

The Giants could miss the playoffs for the next 2 years and Coughlin would still be brought back for year 3. That Super Bowl win guarantees a minimum 3 more years of Coughlin in N.Y. especially with the amount of money invested in him.

Giant ownership deserves a lot of credit for sticking with the guy at the end of 2007 because most teams would have shit canned him right then and there. I personally was shocked that they didn't. Maybe ownership knew Tiki was the biggest problem in that lockerroom in 07.

Doctego
03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
nyihater.......Sponge has the play right. It wasn't an easy pick because he had to leap but it was Samuel along the sideline. Had he jumped up and caught the ball, the game was over. Again, it was not a simple pick but it could have easily been made.

King_Killah
03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Agreed. New York fans are one of the toughest. We will boo you if you do poorly, no matter who you are(Knicks, Rangers, Isanders, etc), which includes the Yankees too;)

Bonger is talking about a different play. One that would have clinched the Super Bowl is Asante Samuel would have come down with the ball. Samuel didn't.

...and if you go back through the threads, you would see that I actually commended Eli for playing well enough to not f*ck it up. Which is what my point is. I am not sold on Eli at all. He had a nice playoff run, let's see him work that type of game through the regular season. If he does, then I will have a different perspective of him then, until then... He's a shitbag. He looks like he is going to shit his pants everytime he is on the field. I don't have faith in him to run the offense.

I am glad that he won the Super Bowl quicker than Peyton though. ;)

nyihater4life
03-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Bonger is talking about a different play. One that would have clinched the Super Bowl is Asante Samuel would have come down with the ball. Samuel didn't.

...and if you go back through the threads, you would see that I actually commended Eli for playing well enough to not f*ck it up. Which is what my point is. I am not sold on Eli at all. He had a nice playoff run, let's see him work that type of game through the regular season. If he does, then I will have a different perspective of him then, until then... He's a shitbag. He looks like he is going to shit his pants everytime he is on the field. I don't have faith in him to run the offense.

I am glad that he won the Super Bowl quicker than Peyton though. ;)

Im not even sure if your a Giants fan but arent you suppose to SUPPORT your players no matter what?

I supported Eli ever since the Jets were done for the season. I guess I was the only supporter though.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys. I thought I had that play right.. typical ill advised Eli throw, game over right there. Thank goodness Asante blew it! And thank goodness Eli and the Giants managed to save us all from a summer of PERFECTION :lol:

two24four
03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
I see the Giants signed David Carr, maybe now they can move Lorenzen to the O-Line :lol:

King_Killah
03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I see the Giants signed David Carr, maybe now they can move Lorenzen to the O-Line :lol:

Or the possibility that someone in that management group still has some uneasiness in their stomachs about Eli. Just a thought! No? Hahaha...

Im not even sure if your a Giants fan but arent you suppose to SUPPORT your players no matter what?

I supported Eli ever since the Jets were done for the season. I guess I was the only supporter though.

Not a Giants fan. I don't have them on the shitlist though. I just don't like Eli. If he were on the Falcons, I would almost be forced to switch teams until they got rid of him. He's an arrogant, prick bastard who thinks he is shit because he is a Manning. "...and with the 1st overall pick, San Diego selects Eli Manning." Says Eli, ".....:cry::cry::cry: Waaa, waaa f*cking waaaa.... I am not playing for San Diego." Who the f*ck are you Eli to tell an NFL team and the NFL in general that you are not playing somewhere. Go eat shit. So, he started his career off on the wrong foot with that dick behaviour. Secondly, going into the playoffs, he was shit. He wasn't that great. He owed all the successes of that team to the Giants defense and Brandon Jacobs. When he passed, Plax bailed him out. The ducks he throws. The errant passes that wobble haplessly through the air. Everytime the camera is on him it looks like he is about to shit his pants. He looks confused. Even in the playoffs, he looked this way. He played good enough to not f*ck anything up catastrophically. What a terd.

However, as I mentioned before, I am glad he won it quicker than Peyton because I think Peyton is a big sack of shit too. Yeah, fine he is a solid QB, but still a dick. A dick who made a funny commercial.

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 12:58 PM
David Tyree

Giants WR and Super Bowl hero David Tyree (http://www.footballguys.com/TyreDa00-1.php) is still rehabbing his left knee, which underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in April. His return is unknown, as is his place on the roster which is loaded with young talent at wideout. Tryee has, however, also earned a bid to the Pro Bowl as a special teamer. But it's even possible the team could place him on the PUP list to start the season. "Whether I'm on the roster, off the roster, the fifth receiver or the third receiver, they're going to make decisions based on what's best for the team," Tyree said. "My job is to go out there and make the plays when I'm given the opportunity. When you look back at what I've done when given the opportunity, I've showed up. I can't do any more than that."

The man that basically secured the SB win for the Gints and he doesn't even have a spot. I get that he went through some surgery, but damn... give the man a chance.

FlyGuy78
06-06-2008, 02:57 PM
David Tyree

The man that basically secured the SB win for the Gints and he doesn't even have a spot. I get that he went through some surgery, but damn... give the man a chance.

As I agree that he made one of the best, if not best, catches I've ever seen, he has done SQUAT in the past 5 years he has been in the league. He has never caught more than 2 TD's in a season or more than 211 yards in a season while playing no less than 12 games (3 seasons in which he played all 16). His numbers are awful King and now must compete with the other Steve Smith and Mario Manningham whom I think are both better, or more talented, I should say.

nyrblue2
06-06-2008, 03:01 PM
As I agree that he made one of the best, if not best, catches I've ever seen, he has done SQUAT in the past 5 years he has been in the league. He has never caught more than 2 TD's in a season or more than 211 yards in a season while playing no less than 12 games (3 seasons in which he played all 16). His numbers are awful King and now must compete with the other Steve Smith and Mario Manningham whom I think are both better, or more talented, I should say.
Yea, as much as fan's "sympathy" for him might come into play (based on "the catch"), it really doesn't make up for what has been a fairly disappointing career so far. He has the speed, but not the hands (consistently, anyway).

About the 12/16 games thing, you do have to realize that even though he's played that many games, he's probably only on the field for about 20% of the Giants' offensive plays.

FlyGuy78
06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
About the 12/16 games thing, you do have to realize that even though he's played that many games, he's probably only on the field for about 20% of the Giants' offensive plays.

while that may be true, good players find a way to get out on the field more. And he's not a good player.

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
But as mentioned, when called upon, he has come through. You are gonna get lost in the mix when you have Burress and Toomer out there. I don't think he is an every down receiver, I don't think he is God awful though. He can be used in situational spots. I don't think he deserves to be given the shaft. The catch was pretty remarkable and at least deserves time to be looked at. The through was pathetic and he made Eli look like a hero. If he dropped that ball or if it grazed his fingertips and it ended up being picked off by the Pats and the Pats went down and ended up scoring and winning, you know his ass would have been cut - no questions asked about it.

As far as Steve Smith and Mario Manningham. I am not sold on the other Steve Smith. I don't think he is any better or worse than Tyree. Manningham on the otherhand. And its not just because he is a Wolverine. Manningham's biggest issue is will he be able to keep himself out of trouble off the field. If so, I think he can be a stud receiver in years to come.

King_Killah
06-12-2008, 01:40 PM
One more sparkle of Giants news that I have for now...

NYG - TE Shockey Reports To Camp (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3437205&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines) :eek:

New York Giants TE Jeremy Shockey (http://www.footballguys.com/ShocJe00-1.php) arrived at the team's training camp today, after threatening not to attend. Shockey is still recovering from a broken leg suffered last season and will not participate in any drills.

Shockey another one of those guys pretty high up on my special little FU list.

Barring something big, he'll be a Giant this fall. He'll whine and make some noise and then he'll be be a good fantasy TE. Again. In his six years in the league, he's been a top 7 TE four of those years and never worse than the #11 guy.

King_Killah
06-16-2008, 12:13 AM
A little more...

Jeremy Shockey (http://www.footballguys.com/ShocJe00-1.php) reportedly had a huge shouting match with general manager Jerry Reese this week, perhaps the prelude to the Giants finally cutting ties with their tight end.
Shockey remained secluded Friday, the final day of the team's mandatory minicamp, leaving Giants Stadium before the morning practice ended. Reports later surfaced he and Reese had an animated argument, apparently over some points the tight end listed Saturday as reasons for his unrest.

One was the Giants' insistence he watch Super Bowl XLII from co-owner Steve Tisch's luxury box instead of from the sidelines. More important, however, was Shockey's claim the Giants spread the rumors of his off-season unrest in hopes of drumming up trade interest.

See ya Shockey?!?!

King_Killah
06-22-2008, 11:33 AM
The NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell is looking into the case of Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (http://www.footballguys.com/BradAh00-1.php), who is currently in a Virgina jail serving a 30 day sentence.
"We are looking into it to determine whether he is subject to discipline," said Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of public relations.

Bradshaw's supporters argue that the running back has done nothing wrong since being drafted by the Giants in the seventh round last year and that he is only serving jail time because of a prior offense - which is reportedly sealed because it occurred when Bradshaw was a juvenile. The Giants argued as much in a statement on Thursday.

Well, I can see the argument here... If he has been clean since he's been in the NFL, then the NFL shouldn't get involved with any disciplinary action this time around.

FlyGuy78
06-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, I can see the argument here... If he has been clean since he's been in the NFL, then the NFL shouldn't get involved with any disciplinary action this time around.

So the same can be said for Javon Walker right, unless I missed some trouble he got in in the past?

King_Killah
06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
So the same can be said for Javon Walker right, unless I missed some trouble he got in in the past?

WTF are you talking about????

Hockeyis#1
06-23-2008, 08:02 PM

That must be some f'd up charge if he's serving 30 days in jail from charges stemming from when he was a minor....how old is he now? 22? 23?

King_Killah
07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Plax to show up in camp...

New York Giants WR Plaxico Burress (http://www.footballguys.com/BurrPl00-1.php) insists he's healthy, and is excited to see what he can do on two working legs and promises to be at training camp along with his teammates when players report July 24. Burress is seeking a new contract, and previous made his unhappiness public. "I'm getting good feedback," Burress said regarding a new deal. "I think it's going to get done. I'm not concerned about it. I don't want to go anywhere, I'm happy here in New York, I just want to make sure I'm here for a long time." Burress has three years remaining on the deal he signed with the Giants as a free agent prior to the 2005 season. He's scheduled to make $3.25 million this season.

However...the moment that the contract discussions change, expect Burress to go the other way.

King_Killah
07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Like many New York Giants following their Super Bowl win last season, starting RB Brandon Jacobs (http://www.footballguys.com/JacoBr00-1.php) is seeking a new deal. Several of his teammates have already received extensions or new contracts, but, according to Jacobs' agent, negotiations have not gone well with the club. "Nothing is close and nothing is expected to get done before camp starts," said his agents. There has been no animosity between the two sides yet and there seems to be no deadline set by either party.

Don't expect Jacobs to miss any time. This deal will get done. However, with Bradshaw out of jail, the Giants may feel a little more secure in their run game so this could be why the Jacobs deal is taking longer than it took to get some of the other new deals out of the way.

FlyGuy78
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Bradshaw is getting suspended though, isn't he?

King_Killah
07-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Bradshaw is getting suspended though, isn't he?

I haven't seen anything to say yes. The latest thing that I saw on this is that the NFL was looking into seeing if a suspension is warranted. Since this infraction happened long before Bradshaw entered the NFL, I can't see the NFL rightfully suspending him. If they try the Players Association will likely appeal it.

King_Killah
07-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Giants RB Brandon Jacobs (http://www.footballguys.com/JacoBr00-1.php) said his focus is no longer on a contract extension, but rather playing a full 16-game season, something he failed to do last year. "I'm done (negotiating) now. I'm finished. It's camp time, you know?" he said. "I don't want to be talking about negotiations and talk to my agent back and forth every chance I get. It's camp time. I'm focused." He will earn $927,000 this year, the final of his rookie contract.

Good to see Jacobs focusing on what is important. "Target" year for Jacobs. He wants a big check. This is the year that will determine if he gets it.

King_Killah
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress (http://www.footballguys.com/BurrPl00-1.php) continues to sit out of practice. Head coach Tom Coughlin said in an interview given to NBC yesterday that team physician Russ Warren confirmed Burress has a legitimate ankle injury and will sit out at least until the middle of this week. It had earlier been reported that the ankle concern may have been a ploy on Burress' part to help initiate a new contract.

Hmm... Wouldn't it be funny to see the status of Burress's ankle injury mirror the status of Burress's contract???

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
The NFL is still investigating whether RB Ahmad Bradshaw (http://www.footballguys.com/BradAh00-1.php)'s recent 30-day jail sentence was a violation of the league's Personal Conduct Policy. The Giants and Bradshaw's lawyers claim it stemmed from an incident before he came to the NFL. Bradshaw has declined repeated requests to be interviewed by the media since camp began. League spokesman Greg Aiello said a decision should be coming "soon."

Well... Although it seems as if Bradshaw is expected to be the main back-up behind Jacobs this season, I would hold off on pulling the trigger to pick him up until we know if he can play all 16 games... If possible. If your draft dictates that you take him, don't feel bad.

That said... With Lynch getting off, I can't see any way possible that Goodell and the NFL can "punish" Bradshaw for something that occurred waaaay before his NFL career even started.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
David Carr still looks stiff and uncertain. The former No. 1 overall pick could wind up losing out in the battle for the Giants' No. 2 job.

At the rate he's going, I am sure Carr will be on very little draft lists.

King_Killah
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
The New York Giants and QB Eli Manning (http://www.footballguys.com/MannEl00-1.php) are focusing on improving the Giants ability to connect on deep pass plays this training camp. "We feel like we need more big plays," HC Tom Coughlin said. "It's more the idea of creating versatility against opposing defenses."

That should be fun to watch... Eli - long ball... Keep practicing!!! But the comment "We feel like we need more big plays" is retarded. Every team feels like they need more big plays.

Dubz
08-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Well... Although it seems as if Bradshaw is expected to be the main back-up behind Jacobs this season, I would hold off on pulling the trigger to pick him up until we know if he can play all 16 games... If possible. If your draft dictates that you take him, don't feel bad.

That said... With Lynch getting off, I can't see any way possible that Goodell and the NFL can "punish" Bradshaw for something that occurred waaaay before his NFL career even started.

Seriously this is stemming from something that happened when he was a punk ass kid. At least he wont be suspended.

King_Killah
08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Seriously this is stemming from something that happened when he was a punk ass kid. At least he wont be suspended.

He shouldn't be suspended because it was something from when he was a kid.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
New York Giants WR Plaxico Burress (http://www.footballguys.com/BurrPl00-1.php) returned to the practice field with pads for the first time this offseason. Although he did not run any plays at full speed, he did jog through some routes and lined up with the first team. Burress has missed the offseason team activities and preseason action with an ankle injury that bothered him the majority of last season.

Good news for Burress and the Giants.

FlyGuy78
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
"Practice!?!?! Are we talkin' about PRACTICE?!?!?!"

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes we are Iverson!

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Then call me when the real games start.

Man, I love NFL, but I fucking HATE PRE-SEASON!!

King_Killah
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Fantasy kicker implications......

Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes, sidelined for almost two weeks with a left knee injury, will undergo exploratory surgery Friday to assess the full extent of the injury. According to three anonymous sources with direct knowledge of Tynes' situation, there is some speculation that the injury may be severe enough to put Tynes on IR for the year.

Josh Huston will be the man!

Dubz
08-23-2008, 08:16 PM
this probably only pertains to me or anyone rostering the NY DEF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a39134&template=without-video&confirm=true

dw13
08-23-2008, 08:23 PM
this probably only pertains to me or anyone rostering the NY DEF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a39134&template=without-video&confirm=true

Saw it live, it didn't look TOO bad. Could be something but I'd expect him to be ready for the opener

Dubz
08-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Saw it live, it didn't look TOO bad. Could be something but I'd expect him to be ready for the opener

Thanks...we'll see.

two24four
08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Report: Giants Osi Umenyioa out for the season.

http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=247510&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

Edit: confirmed here....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3551499
__________________________________________________ ________________

Wow, what a huge, huge blow to the Giants D.

looch17
08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Huge blow indeed. That is going to be very tough trying to replace him. Does this bring Strahan back?

two24four
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Huge blow indeed. That is going to be very tough trying to replace him. Does this bring Strahan back?

He sounds like he's done for sure, but I guess we have heard that many times before from players, I know he's on the Fox pre-game show this year, I think he's done though, he came close to calling it a career before last season, then came back and won his 1st SB, I think he's happy to be done now, and go out on top.

looch17
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
He sounds like he's done for sure, but I guess we have heard that many times before from players, I know he's on the Fox pre-game show this year, I think he's done though, he came close to calling it a career before last season, then came back and won his 1st SB, I think he's happy to be done now, and go out on top.Yeah thats what I figure just throwing it out there.

looch17
08-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Just read this on Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
Giants coach Tom Coughlin admitted that the subject of pursuing Michael Strahan has come up in the wake of Osi Umenyoria's season-ending knee injury.
Coughlin wasn't specific, saying only, "Someone indicated that it was out there." Strahan is currently vacationing in Greece, so it would be a ten hour flight back. We don't see Strahan leaving his cushy broadcasting gig to return to football, but peculiar scenarios have been known to happen with recently retired NFL stars.

Dubz
08-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I had a BAD feeling about this....

dw13
08-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Geez, didn't expect that to be honest. Sucks for the Gmen.

Snipes16
08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I dont see Strahan coming back at all...He went out on top and is most likely in jibber jabber mode waiting for his cushy Fox analyst job right after vacation.

Brutal loss of Osi for the Giants but Justin Tuck is already real good and if Kiwanuka is healthy they just might survive the loss of Osi....maybe

looch17
08-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Latest from Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter contacted Michael Strahan Sunday about a potential return to football, and Strahan wouldn't rule it out.
"I haven't heard from anybody," Strahan said. GM Jerry Reese should get on the horn. Strahan's lost weight, but he could regain it while possibly playing as a situational rusher early on, then start full time by midseason.

dw13
08-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Report: Strahan open to coming back

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3552159

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
oh boy, here we go again! Thankfully the media circus should be minimal as the Giants should be more than happy to have him.

Snipes16
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
He wants 8 million?

Guess the Fox gig can wait another year with that kinda coin.

Think the Giants give it to him? Supposedly they offered him 6.5 in the spring.

two24four
08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
He wants 8 million?

Guess the Fox gig can wait another year with that kinda coin.

Think the Giants give it to him? Supposedly they offered him 6.5 in the spring.

I just read that he might even be asking for as much as $12 million for this season.

King_Killah
08-26-2008, 11:18 AM
A little more on Strahan...

Former New York Giants DE Michael Strahan is considering returning to the NFL, according to his agent, Tony Agnone. "They reached out and they talked to us about the possibility of Strahan returning," Agnone said. "It's something he's thinking about."
Agnone insisted he had no idea what the 37-year-old Strahan would decide to do, or what would happen if he told the Giants officially that he'd like to return.

Strahan is in Greece and has no immediate plans to return to the United States before the end of the week at the earliest. He's also scheduled to begin his work with Fox as a studio analyst soon, but one source close to the defensive end said getting out of that contract shouldn't be a problem.

If Strahan returns I want everyone to give him the same shit that Favre got.

Spartan
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
If Strahan returns I want everyone to give him the same shit that Favre got.Green Bay didn't call Favre. Completely different situation.

two24four
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Green Bay didn't call Favre. Completely different situation.

I agree, you cant give Strahan the same shit that Favre got, Strahan did not make a big deal about calling it a career like Favre did, he then did not say I'm coming back I dont care what you say to the Giants like Favre did to G-Bay, this would not even be talked about right now if Osi did not get hurt, they called him, not the othet way around.

If he wanted to come back real bad, he would not be over in Greece while camp is on.

nyrblue2
08-26-2008, 12:27 PM
If he wanted to come back real bad, he would not be over in Greece while camp is on.
Unless he took a page from the Selanne/Neidermayer book, lol.

Yea, you can't compare this to Favre. As was said, if Osi didn't get hurt, this would not be an issue.

King_Killah
08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh I agree, that the situations are different, but remember Strahan did do the whole I'll retire, maybe I won't retire last year...

Yes the Giants called him. Yes they will offer him a buttload of money. Yes he will likely take it and come back. I was watching Berman, Emmitt and crew the other night, Emmitt is convinced that Strahan should NOT come back because he has "checked" out of the game where Favre really didn't.

I am just saying the whole retire/unretire thing... a little fishy to call one out on it and not another.

Totally agree if Osi didn't get hurt this would not even be a discussion, at least not a public one... Remember the Giants did plead with Tiki last year behind the scenes the publicly.

b_illin
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
A little more on Strahan...

If Strahan returns I want everyone to give him the same shit that Favre got.

Not at all. Favre dilly-dally'ed for years, then retired, then when given a chance to un-retire, stayed retired, then decided he wanted to un-retire, then acted like a little child in my opinion.

Strahan may come back to help his team after a big loss to a pro-bowl DE - he is reacting to that loss in saying he may come back (and it wasn't his idea either)....totally different from Favre

nyrblue2
08-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Strahan says no to the Giants, yes to retirement

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—Michael Strahan (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2579/;_ylt=AvJ6NKlbt2FOqs5XNQIe5TwdsLYF) isn’t doing a Brett Favre (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/;_ylt=AkrIXtrtfE6RmFXpJX5hdJQdsLYF).

The seven-time Pro Bowler decided to stay retired after seriously considering a request by the Super Bowl champion New York Giants (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyg/;_ylt=AtiQYI8Ww.FENKHvzy4tOFEdsLYF) to return to the team in the wake of a season-ending injury to fellow star defensive end Osi Umenyiora (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6392/).

“He was very close to returning, but the great part about Michael is that he takes his time to think about things and he is very thorough,” Tony Agnone said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday night. “You can get excited about coming back and running through the tunnel one more time.”

Agnone said that Strahan struggled deciding whether he could give 100 percent mentally.

“In the end, he felt he could not get back to where he was,” Agnone said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An.l964QFpggECnKSPtbebpDubYF?slug=ap-giants-strahan&prov=ap&type=lgns

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
First I wanna say that's cool on Strahan's part...consider the return, but ultimately do what's best for him.

The Giants placed WR David Tyree (http://www.footballguys.com/TyreDa00-1.php) on the PUP list today after a slow recovery from offseason knee surgery. He will not be able to return to the team until Week 6 of the season. In addition the team waived WR Michael Jennings and signed LB James Terry, putting their roster total at 76 players. If they put Osi Umenyiora on injured reserve, that will get the Giants down to the 75-player roster limit.

Tough news for Tyree but I think we all expected it.

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:48 PM
The New York Giants made two moves involving their receiving corps today, releasing WR Craphonso Thorpe (http://www.footballguys.com/ThorCr00-1.php). They were also awarded WR Marcus Monk (http://www.footballguys.com/MonkMa00-1.php), who had been waived by the Chicago Bears.

Two guys who made the BlackEyedJoe.com's All Name Team. Thorpe leaving town, really no big deal. Keep an eye on Monk though. Not saying draft him by any means, but if you are in a deep league or are finding yourself short on receivers due to injury as the season rolls on. Monk may surprise.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
The Giants made news with the person they acquired: 44-year-old kicker John Carney. Carney will almost certainly kick in Thursday's regular-season opener against the Redskins while Lawrence Tynes continues to recover from a knee injury. Carney replaces Josh Huston, who was released. This is Carney's 21st season and he is the fifth-highest scorer in N.F.L. history. Last year, Carney made 12 of 14 field-goal attempts and 27 of 28 extra-point attempts in eight games for Jacksonville and five for Kansas City.

Kickers need that lovin' too...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
wow what a bomb.. what a play. Manning to Toomer in OT.. game over.

Giants 3-0

Bungholes 0-3 hahahha

King_Killah
09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
FOX Sports Jay Glazer is reporting that Giants WR Plaxico Burress has been suspended
for two weeks for failing to show up for work and for not returning phone calls.
He met with team officials Wednesday morning to explain the issue and apparently
they didn't buy the excuse. Coach Coughlin then informed the team of Burress' situation
and the punishment.
The punishment is for two weeks meaning Burress will miss two week's worth of pay
checks but it will only affect him for one game as the Giants are on a bye this
week.

Message sent from coaching staff.

nyrblue2
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Man, the Giants are good, lol...

Spartan
11-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Plax shot himself by accident.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

Dubz
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Sure he did

nyihater4life
11-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Meh, he'll be back in a few weeks...we can still win without him, as proven before..

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
However, a team official told The Associated Press that Burress shot himself in a nightclub. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the team was still trying to sort out all the facts.

So this is the epitome of butter fingers, right??? hahaha.. Now seriously - I wonder who he pissed off this time.

phaneuf6
11-30-2008, 11:21 AM
What an idiot. I have to wonder about some of these NFL players involving themselves in situations like these. Its far from professional.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
NYG suspend Burress for the remainder of the regular season. :rolleyes:

He was shot in the leg.

Something tells me he wasn't going to play, anyway....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-burressshot&prov=ap&type=lgns

I've always respected Plax for his football skills but never for his character. I know him and Ben had some chemistry and Ben wanted him to stay but personally I was none to sad to see him leave Pittsburgh... I knew he could be replaced and that we could win a SB w/o him.

That being said, I hope that Plexiglass straightens shit out in his personal life and gets healthy and all that jazz. Dude got a baby and a wife and a multi million dollar contract. I never understood why the fuck a guy was gonna go risk fucking all that up? :freak:

Hockeyis#1
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
What an idiot. I have to wonder about some of these NFL players involving themselves in situations like these. Its far from professional.
+1

From what I heard, there doesn't sound like there's much of a case against him, even with the mayor being all fire and brimestone

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Sounds like Plex wants out of NY.. ? seems to me like that should be the least of his concerns right now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09044/948850-66.stm

Plaxico Burress seemingly wants to leave the New York Giants.

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for the troubled receiver, sent an e-mail to the NFL's teams earlier this week letting them know that Burress was one of his three clients who wants to be traded.

Rosenhaus' initial e-mail to the teams said that Burress could be acquired through a trade. But the initial e-mail reportedly said that the agent had three "players desiring a trade."

The other two players are Anquan Boldin of the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals and Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Cardinals and Giants made no comments on the situation.

Burress' future has been in limbo since he shot himself in the right thigh at a New York City nightclub in late November. He was charged with felony gun possession and is due in court March 31. If convicted, he faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years in prison.

Burress, 31, also faces a possible suspension by the NFL for violating its personal conduct policy.

The Giants, who signed Burress to a five-year, $35 million contract in September, have left the door open for Burress to return.

Hockeyis#1
02-14-2009, 06:43 AM
I don't know alot about what Burress did and is being charged for. Anyone have anything better than 'felony gun possesion'? WTF does that mean?

Spartan
02-14-2009, 08:11 AM
I don't know alot about what Burress did and is being charged for. Anyone have anything better than 'felony gun possesion'? WTF does that mean?By the looks of it its illegal to own or possess a gun without a permit in NYC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Act

b_illin
02-14-2009, 12:49 PM
They should deal Burress and a pick or something for Boldin.

Rangers Win
03-19-2009, 04:37 PM

I don't think the Cards will want Burress as part of a return for Boldin. Boldin would be a good player for the Giants to go after but I don't know if they are willing to give a first round pick maybe more for a 29 year old WR who wants a huge contract.

As for Burress the Giants players all seem to really like him and since being knocked out of the playoffs all the players have said they would like him back. I think he will be back with them as long as he doesn't get into anymore trouble before the season. Unless of course he gets jail time for shooting himself.

Doctego
03-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Not sure that he will have much, if any, trade value until his fate is determined. Mayor Bloomberg has already been on record as saying that he wants him to be treated like a normal person at his trial. We shall see as this crime carries a mandatory jail sentence.

Doctego
03-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't think the Cards will want Burress as part of a return for Boldin. Boldin would be a good player for the Giants to go after but I don't know if they are willing to give a first round pick maybe more for a 29 year old WR who wants a huge contract.

As for Burress the Giants players all seem to really like him and since being knocked out of the playoffs all the players have said they would like him back. I think he will be back with them as long as he doesn't get into anymore trouble before the season. Unless of course he gets jail time for shooting himself.

I believe that it is just a poor choice of words on your part but his penalty will not be based on the fact that he shot himself. It will be for carrying an unlicensed concealed weapon.

Dubz
03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I believe that it is just a poor choice of words on your part but his penalty will not be based on the fact that he shot himself. It will be for carrying an unlicensed concealed weapon.

Shooting himself is just the main reason he was caught;)

Doctego
03-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Shooting himself is just the main reason he was caught;)

We could argue stupidity but I get your point.

Rangers Win
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
We could argue stupidity but I get your point.

Yeah I didn't mean he would be punished for shooting himself. I meant if he gets jail time for the night club incident. I know the gun charge is what he'll get time for. My fault for not getting that point across.

eff1ngham
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Giants released Plaxico Burress today

b_illin
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Giants released Plaxico Burress today

CHI should sign him tout de suite!

keys2aFranchise
04-03-2009, 06:04 PM
CHI should sign him tout de suite!

I'd be surprised to see much interest in him till his legal problems are resolved.

b_illin
04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I'd be surprised to see much interest in him till his legal problems are resolved.

I don't know, act fast and they might get a deal. Make it super incentive-based so if he plays (...and well), it pays well.

nyihater4life
04-03-2009, 10:36 PM
The NFL still has to suspend him. Not worth it for any team yet.

King_Killah
06-18-2009, 04:05 PM
After having a sparkling morning practice in the Fieldhouse, WR Sinorice Moss (http://www.footballguys.com/MossSi00-1.php) suffered some sort of leg or groin injury on his final catch in the afternoon workout on the grass field. Moss caught a pass and apparently had his cleats catch in the grass. He knew something was wrong right away and went to visit the trainers.

Injury can't be that bad. He walked off the field on his own. So far, Moss has been the breakout star in the Giants camp.

King_Killah
06-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Update the earlier Moss post.

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Giants WR Sinorice Moss (http://www.footballguys.com/MossSi00-1.php) (hamstring) will miss the rest of the team's mandatory minicamp because of a tweaked hamstring. Moss should be ready for the start of training camp.

Why push him in minis?? Let him rest and be ready for training camp.

Hockeyis#1
08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Holy Overpayments Batman!!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-manning&prov=ap&type=lgns

Eli Manning agreed to a six-year, $97 million contract extension, an average salary of roughly $15.3 million, according to a person close to the talks. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not signed and had not been announced, said Manning is guaranteed $35 million under the deal that will keep him with the Giants through the 2015 season.

Wow. Eli as one of the top paid players in the league. He isn't even a top 10 QB, let alone a top 10 overall player. He was junk without Plax too. Big blunder by the Giants here IMO.

dw13
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Overpaid? Yes. But they won a Superbowl with him.. can't really argue that..

Doctego
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Holy Overpayments Batman!!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-manning&prov=ap&type=lgns

Wow. Eli as one of the top paid players in the league. He isn't even a top 10 QB, let alone a top 10 overall player. He was junk without Plax too. Big blunder by the Giants here IMO.

I am not a huge Eli fan but not top 10?? I would love to see your list.

two24four
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
I am not a huge Eli fan but not top 10?? I would love to see your list.

Agreed, he's top 10 IMO.

FlyGuy78
08-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Top 10 QB's
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Kurt Warner
5. Philip Rivers
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Jay Cutler
9. Eli Manning
10. Carson Palmer / Tony Romo

This is how I would rank them for real-life, not fantasy.

Doctego
08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Top 10 QB's
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Kurt Warner
5. Philip Rivers
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Jay Cutler
9. Eli Manning
10. Carson Palmer / Tony Romo

This is how I would rank them for real-life, not fantasy.

I knew that some nitbag would put in guys like Rodgers or Cutler, who haven't done shit in the league. It's amazing what a bunch of hype and a cannon for an arm will do.

FlyGuy78
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I knew that some nitbag would put in guys like Rodgers or Cutler, who haven't done shit in the league. It's amazing what a bunch of hype and a cannon for an arm will do.

and what does your list look like Doc? :rolleyes:

Spartan
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Quarterbacks don't grow on trees, there are not even enough good ones to supply every team in the league. Is Eli Manning a top 10 QB? Maybe on the fringe, does nothing that wows you. But he keeps taking that team to the playoffs and won the superbowl. It doesn't matter if he's in the top ten or not, the point is that he is better than half the QB's in the league so they locked him up like a franchise player.

By comparison you could be the Vikings, Broncos, Bills, 49ers, Panthers, or Texans and be completely hopeless at QB. My god, the Chefs just gave Matt freaking Cassel $28 milllion in hopes to upgrade the position.

dw13
08-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Quarterbacks don't grow on trees, there are not even enough good ones to supply every team in the league. Is Eli Manning a top 10 QB? Maybe on the fringe, does nothing that wows you. But he keeps taking that team to the playoffs and won the superbowl. It doesn't matter if he's in the top ten or not, the point is that he is better than half the QB's in the league so they locked him up like a franchise player.

By comparison you could be the Vikings, Broncos, Bills, 49ers, Panthers, or Texans and be completely hopeless at QB. My god, the Chefs just gave Matt freaking Cassel $28 milllion in hopes to upgrade the position.

Dead on man. Throw my Jets in there, I'd take Eli in a second and give him what we just gave Mr. Sanchez (and by no means is that knocking Sanchez, its just the fact of uncertainty)

Hockeyis#1
08-06-2009, 07:21 PM

I'd say their is a big difference between "locking up" your franchise QB and turning a good (not great) QB into one of the top paid players in the league.

Making the points that the Giants make the playoffs and won a super bowl makes it sound like Eli carried/carries that team. Which he clearly does not. Where was he when Burress left?

Talent wise I wouldn't call him a top 10. I'd call guys who "haven't done shit in this league" like Rivers and Cutler more talented then him. As well as McNabb who Fly didn't include on his top 10.

FlyGuy78
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
I actually forgot about McNabb for some reason when doing the list. I would put McNabb in 7-8 range.

Dubz
08-06-2009, 09:43 PM
YouTube - David Tyree's AMAZING Catch

Just fucking heave that rock into triple coverage and get lucky after you should have been sacked twice on the play, in the big game..... and poof. Biggest contract ever:D

Hockeyis#1
08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I actually forgot about McNabb for some reason when doing the list. I would put McNabb in 7-8 range.

I would say roughly the same. Maybe 6.

Snipes16
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM

I would argue against Schaub being labeled as hopeless. Injury prone yes with only 11 games started over the last 2 years but his numbers from last year were solid in those 11 starts...

3,000 yds passing - 66% completions isn't all that shabby in that league :beer:

Hockeyis#1
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't call Trent Edwards hopeless either.

Spartan
09-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Fyi

giants | nicks likely out two to three weeks
sun, 13 sep 2009 20:21:23 -0700 ralph vacchiano (http://www.kffl.com/link/239), of the new york daily news (http://www.kffl.com/link/238), reports new york giants (http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl) wr hakeem nicks (http://www.kffl.com/player/20750/nfl) (foot) will undergo an mri on his "sprained" left foot monday, sept. 14. Nicks is expected to miss two to three weeks, according to an nfl (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) source. The source insisted nicks would "be ok," and he added that nicks and the team were "hoping for the best." it appeared the giants (http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl) do not believe nicks suffered a lis franc injury.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:13 PM
The New York Football Giants - Jason Pierre-Paul. Hmmm... OK.

dw13
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Bust.

Something like 5 career sacks. Good job JPP and the Giants.

FlyGuy78
04-22-2010, 08:17 PM
The New York Football Giants - Jason Pierre-Paul. Hmmm... OK.

Watch to see the Jints trade Osi!

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Bust.

Something like 5 career sacks. Good job JPP and the Giants.

I agree... High probability of a bust, but huge upside if he does not.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Linva Joseph.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Burress is expected to be released from the Oneida Correctional Facility in Rome, N.Y., within the next two to three weeks, according to the New York Post, and the Giants reportedly have some interest in bringing back (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/plax_appeal_very_real_A6yllBF01K42EEMzt3UYQM) the wide receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81984ff8/article/giants-would-consider-resigning-burress-upon-prison-release?module=HP_headlines

Doctego
08-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Burress is expected to be released from the Oneida Correctional Facility in Rome, N.Y., within the next two to three weeks, according to the New York Post, and the Giants reportedly have some interest in bringing back (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/plax_appeal_very_real_A6yllBF01K42EEMzt3UYQM) the wide receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81984ff8/article/giants-would-consider-resigning-burress-upon-prison-release?module=HP_headlines

I don't get it. The Giants had a plethora of problems last season but their receivers weren't 1 of them. They were question marks going in but that was their best unit.

b_illin
08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
The Giants already have a younger and better replacement in Nicks...makes little to no sense!

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
New York Football Giants take the Prince. Hmmm... Wow! Didn't expect this one. Good player.