PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Titans

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—The Tennessee Titans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/;_ylt=AuY4adpdqcTEmUVwu3V7Is0dsLYF) agreed to terms with defensive end Jevon Kearse (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4664/;_ylt=Atr1oY1B1EjbzmBr4d1F9hcdsLYF) on Thursday.
The 31-year-old was the Defensive Rookie of the Year after Tennessee made him the 16th overall pick in the 1999 draft.
He had 47.5 sacks with the Titans and made three Pro Bowl teams, but left in 2004 for a free-agent deal with the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/;_ylt=Ao_tvYgKa8E8Jz5WtfCxWVAdsLYF).
Kearse never achieved the success with the Eagles that he did in Tennessee, totaling just 22 sacks and suffering a knee injury that cost him much of the 2006 season.
He was benched toward the end of the 2007 season and released as a salary cap cut last week.

Watch Kearse get back to form now that he is out of Philly.

walker42500
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
He's a force when healthy, but I don't know if that will ever be said about him. Low risk high reward. I like this move.

King_Killah
06-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Titans wide receiver Brandon Jones (http://www.footballguys.com/JoneBr02-1.php) was arrested and issued a citation at Nashville International Airport on Friday for carrying a loaded .32 caliber gun in his baggage, an airport spokesperson confirmed.
Jones was arrested at around 11:40 a.m. and charged with a misdemeanor citation of unlawful possession of a firearm. He was released and allowed to proceed on a flight to Phoenix. Jones said he was in a hurry and grabbed his bag that had his gun in it to take on the airplane.

Damn..... I hate when this happens!

walker42500
06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Damn..... I hate when this happens!

I saw that, what an idiot.

King_Killah
06-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Some Tennessee FA news...

RB Kevin Jones (http://www.footballguys.com/JoneKe02-1.php) has already worked out for the Tennessee Titans once this offseason and they are continuing to show interest in the former Lion RB. Jones will work out again for pro scouts and the Titans are expected to be in attendance.

FlyGuy78
06-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Kevin Jones - hahahahaha......He's on my F'List. I just don't like the guy for some reason. Maybe cause Willy always drafts him in Cash & Dash.

Dubz
06-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Kearse arrested

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txtitanskearsearrested&prov=st&type=lgns

King_Killah
06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Kevin Jones - hahahahaha......He's on my F'List. I just don't like the guy for some reason. Maybe cause Willy always drafts him in Cash & Dash.

He does, doesn't he??? I never liked him either.

King_Killah
06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Kearse arrested

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txtitanskearsearrested&prov=st&type=lgns

I don't get why these dudes don't have a driver when they know they are going out to drink?

b_illin
06-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't get why these dudes don't have a driver when they know they are going out to drink?

Seriously, they paid enough and have too much too lose otherwise...especially with Goodall the Disciplinarian in charge!

King_Killah
07-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Tennessee Titans rookie RB Chris Johnson (http://www.footballguys.com/JohnCh04-1.php) has been very impressive in practices, already showing a grasp of OC Mike Heimerdinger's offense. Johnson says, "If I execute everything they've given me, that will let them go ahead and start adding more ways to get the football in my hands."

Early buzz on Johnson is good.

Dubz
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Early buzz on Johnson is good.

Yeah he was my next pick :irked:

dw13
07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Not hard to impress in no pads when your a speed demon like Johnson is.

King_Killah
07-17-2008, 10:58 AM
A little on the defensive side of the ball...

The Tennessee Titans and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth failed to come to an agreement on a long-term contract by Tuesday's deadline for players who had the franchise tag placed on them by their team. Haynesworth must now decide whether to sign the one-year, $7.25 million contract that has been offered to him by the team.

I would imagine that Haynesworth signs the tender, cashes his $7.25mil in checks and will be just happy.

dw13
07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
A little on the defensive side of the ball...

I would imagine that Haynesworth signs the tender, cashes his $7.25mil in checks and will be just happy.

Yeah, will be interesting... I'm pretty sure he will land a giant payday if/when he hits the FA market.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Former Jaguars and Falcons quarterback Byron Leftwich (http://www.footballguys.com/LeftBy00-1.php) is one of several free agents scheduled to visit the Titans later this week. The visit doesn't mean the Titans are on the verge of signing Leftwich, however. General Manager Mike Reinfeldt regularly brings in players for physicals and workouts so the team will have updated information if a need arises.

Obviously he would be the back-up here, but back-ups see time at some point. And F* Vince Young! Hahaha...

FlyGuy78
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Obviously he would be the back-up here, but back-ups see time at some point. And F* Vince Young! Hahaha...

what ya got against Vince?? :blah:

Spartan
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I didn't see this here yet but BMW got cut ... again.

One of the bigger(literally) never was' in the NFL. A ton of potential never realized.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
what ya got against Vince?? :blah:

Don't hate him..... Just not high on my list of QBs to go after. Not a real offensive threat. Most Titans games, I'll take the UNDER because of the lack of points they can put up. Young's run game is fine.

FlyGuy78
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Don't hate him..... Just not high on my list of QBs to go after. Not a real offensive threat. Most Titans games, I'll take the UNDER because of the lack of points they can put up. Young's run game is fine.

he doesn't exactly have the greatest offense around him either. I think with the addition of Crumpler and White another year wiser, along with Vince, that they should be much better this year.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
he doesn't exactly have the greatest offense around him either. I think with the addition of Crumpler and White another year wiser, along with Vince, that they should be much better this year.

Crumpler will provide that big dump off so Young doesn't have to run for his life as much. LenDale White though... We shall see!

FlyGuy78
08-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey, don't knock White just yet. He didn't do too bad last year in that shitbox of an offense and he's still pretty young.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey, don't knock White just yet. He didn't do too bad last year in that shitbox of an offense and he's still pretty young.

I am actually more interested in what Chris Johnson is going to do.

FlyGuy78
08-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I am actually more interested in what Chris Johnson is going to do.

I think they will end up using him as a utility guy....they need to find room to get him out there, cause he does have the skills to make big plays.

b_illin
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Johnson's big TD run;

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809e4d39

two24four
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Johnson's big TD run;

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809e4d39

Yeah I saw this, kid can sure fly, I think he could pass White on the depth chart.

FlyGuy78
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah I saw this, kid can sure fly, I think he could pass White on the depth chart.

not this year I don't think unless they really suck it up and give up the season.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Go Johnson...

Titans running back Chris Johnson (http://www.footballguys.com/JohnCh04-1.php) has set the bar high for his first NFL season.
"My main goal is to win rookie of the year,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I want to come in and do the same thing Adrian Peterson (http://www.footballguys.com/PeteAd01-1.php) came in and did last year. I think that is possible.''

"It motivates me because every time we are on TV and every time we play a game it is campaigning for the rookie of the year, and he'll be one of the competitors trying to get rookie of the year,'' Johnson said of McFadden, who he called a friend.

"But I feel like if I do what I have to do to help this team succeed, then the rookie of the year should come, and everything else should fall into place for us as a team.''

He's expected to split carries with third-year pro LenDale White (http://www.footballguys.com/WhitLe01-1.php), but could earn significant playing time, and perhaps even emerge as the starter, if he's effective early in the season.

F*ck LenDale White... F*ck McFadden... Win the rookie of the year. Do what Peterson did.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Young was only 4-of-13 passing for 37 yards against the Raiders on Friday night. His longest completion was 18 yards. He failed to lead the Titans to any points in five possessions before leaving with seven minutes remaining before halftime.
Instead of giving Young more time to work through his problems, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher inserted backup Kerry Collins (http://www.footballguys.com/CollKe00-1.php) and gave Young the rest of the night off.

Young had thrown six consecutive incomplete passes over his final two drives.

Young is junk too...

FlyGuy78
08-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Johnson is not winning RotY (that goes to McFadden) and give Young a break. He has worse WR than McNutt.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Johnson is not winning RotY (that goes to McFadden) and give Young a break. He has worse WR than McNutt.

I won't give it to Johnson, but I will hand it to Stewart!

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 07:37 AM
I won't give it to Johnson, but I will hand it to Stewart!

Hahahaha....you mean the guy that just lost his starting role to DeAngelo Williams!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You go right ahead and do that........i'll be laughing all the way to the bank!! :D

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Hahahaha....you mean the guy that just lost his starting role to DeAngelo Williams!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You go right ahead and do that........i'll be laughing all the way to the bank!! :D

His starting role??? It was never his starting role to begin with. And he never lost anything. He has been out with a toe injury and is just coming back from it.

He may be a little bit slow out of the gates due to somewhat limited practice time during training camp, but Stewart should have a significant amount of work each week as long as he can stay healthy.

Stewart will be just fine.

King_Killah
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said on Tuesday that he envisions a 50/50 or 60/40 split in the distribution of rushing attempts between running back LenDale White (http://www.footballguys.com/WhitLe01-1.php) and running back Chris Johnson (http://www.footballguys.com/JohnCh04-1.php). "We're going to use them both depending on the game plans and it makes sense to take advantage of both of their abilities," Fisher said. "I think we'll have a better gauge once we get to the middle part of the season how the carries and the touches are going to work. Provided they're healthy week in and week out I would assume it would be close to 50-50, maybe 60-40."

With less than a week to get your drafts done (unless you aren't counting week one) - draft accordingly. 50/50 to start the season, probably 60/40 in Johnson's favor come the first 1/3 of the season then 65/35 or 70/30 come mid-season in favor of Johnson on his way to become rookie of the year.

Spartan
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
From the Nashville Tennessean :eek:

The Titans need to get this guy help, to hell with football.

Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

By JIM WYATT • Staff Writer • September 9, 2008

Metro Police issued a bulletin for officers to be on the lookout for Titans quarterback Vince Young on Monday night after Coach Jeff Fisher expressed concern about his emotional well being.
According to Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron, Fisher had been alerted after a friend of Young’s contacted the coach around 7 p.m. Monday night. Young eventually made contact with Fisher, and the two met around midnight with Metro police officials at Baptist Sports Park.
http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/adlabel_horz.gif

“Given the totality of the situation, Coach Fisher was concerned about Young’s emotional well-being. He contacted the police department and expressed to us his concern,’’ Aaron said.

“Once he came to Baptist Sports Park and was assessed, it appeared the concerns from earlier in the night were unfounded.’’

According to police, Young left his home abruptly Monday night and sped off without his cell phone. A person at Young’s home contacted Fisher, who then contacted police.

After Young eventually made contact with Fisher several hours later, he was told he needed to meet with police.

Young had a handgun in the glove compartment of his vehicle, but it was not loaded and Aaron said officers had no concerns about Young trying to harm himself.

“The fact the gun was in the glove compartment and was unloaded did not present an issue for the officers,’’ Aaron said. “There was no ammunition in the car. The gun was unloaded. The slide was back in a safe position, and it was in the glove box.’’

Fisher could not immediately be reached for comment. On Tuesday, the team issued a statement:

“Last night, we received a call from people that are closest to Vince informing us that he had left his house in a state of mind that had them concerned; and that he was unreachable, having left his cell phone at the house. Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince. He was located at a friend’s house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident.”

Young suffered a left knee injury in the team’s 17-10 win over the Jaguars on Sunday. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI on the knee on Monday, but the MRI had to be rescheduled.

Young has proven to be an emotional player since being drafted by the Titans in the 2006 NFL Draft. Police took Monday’s episode seriously, Aaron said. After meeting with Fisher and police, Young was given permission to go home on his own.

“In a major city police department we have calls like this all the time about people who fear for their loved ones and want the police department to find them and check on their welfare, the difference here being Vince Young’s notoriety,’’ Aaron said.

“When the police department gets such calls you have to take them seriously. Every person is different and you never know how these issues will ultimately turn out. The concerns of last night appear to be unfounded.’’

dw13
09-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Young needs to follow thru with his want to retire from the game.

FlyGuy78
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
the guy's upset and is now out 2-4 weeks. i think he's allowed to leave the house in a confused state of mind. atleast now he has time to think about his future.

dw13
09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
the guy's upset and is now out 2-4 weeks. i think he's allowed to leave the house in a confused state of mind. atleast now he has time to think about his future.

He had to be at one point talked into going back into the game after throwing a PICK.

He has also wanted to retire in the past.

I don't trust the dude going out in a "confused" state of mind. He is a professional, and an adult now. Grow up.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-13-2008, 10:23 AM
WTF?

No idea if this is just more media blown out of proportion nonsense but don't give up man! Best wishes go out to what at least appears to be a really unstable individual right now.. hope he gets his head on straight, rather than losing it. :\

Police: Search for Young because of suicide talk

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—The Tennessee Titans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/;_ylt=Al_KHMytvyFF38WZ7QUFCXkdsLYF) called police Monday night for help searching for Vince Young (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7752/;_ylt=AontcgJfqEIHa2cZdj.JGnAdsLYF) because his therapist told coach Jeff Fisher the quarterback mentioned suicide several times before driving away from his home with a gun.

Both Fisher and Young have said what happened Monday night was overblown by the media. But the supplemental report filed Tuesday by Nashville police showed that Fisher was worried about the quarterback after the call from Young’s therapist.

“I asked him, `What made her worry about him?’ Lt. Andrea Swisher wrote.

“He stated, `His mood, his emotions, he wants to quit, and he mentioned suicide several times.’ He went on to state that he left the house with a gun.”

The Titans declined to comment on details of the report.

The Nashville City Paper obtained the report through a public records request and first reported the details Friday afternoon on its Web site.

Nashville police had been criticized locally for what appeared to be an immediate and strong response to help with a star NFL player. The Titans and Fisher had only said they acted on the information they were given, and Fisher has refused to say what those concerns were.

“Given the totality of the circumstances, the police department continues to believe that it acted responsibly and appropriately in this situation,” police spokesman Don Aaron said Friday.

Young seemed happy and laughed a bit Thursday when he discussed the past few days with reporters. He blamed his mother for overreacting and the media for making too much of nothing.

“Now I am OK. I was never depressed. I just hurt a little bit … When it happens again, I’ll know how to handle it,” Young said.

Concerns over Young’s mental state began last Sunday when he was booed heavily after throwing his second interception in the Titans’ 17-10 victory over Jacksonville, and he didn’t look like he wanted to go back into the game for the next possession.

He went on the field after Fisher pulled off his headset and talked with Young. But the quarterback was hit four plays later. Fisher has only ruled Young out for Sunday’s game at Cincinnati.

However, Young talked with his therapist Monday and visited with Fisher at his home. The coach told him to go take his MRI exam to determine the extent of the damage to his knee, but Young rescheduled the test for Tuesday.

Then he sped off from his home without a phone.

The Titans’ head of security notified police around 7:30 p.m. that he had a player “going off,” and Fisher was in his truck when he saw Nashville police in the parking lot at LP Field writing a report on a separate incident.

Young’s manager, Mike Mu, arrived at the stadium and told police he had tried to follow Young when the quarterback left his home. But Mu said he couldn’t keep up with Young on Interstate 65 despite driving 90 mph.

Fisher connected police with Sheila Peters, the clinical psychologist who had met with Young earlier Monday. It was then that Young used the word suicide in conversations with her.

During the search for Young, Peters arranged for an evaluation by employees from a psychiatric hospital in Nashville. Then Fisher heard from Young’s agent that the quarterback was safe and at an apartment with a female friend.

The agent, Major Adams, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Young had been watching football and eating chicken wings with a male friend during the four hours people were searching for the quarterback.

Police arranged for crisis negotiators and SWAT officers to be on hand.

They searched Young for weapons when he arrived at the Titans’ headquarters around 11:30 p.m. They only found an unloaded handgun in the glovebox of his Mercedes.

Tennessee law allows an individual to possess an unloaded weapon provided there is no ammunition with it in the car.

“He was allowed to talk to his therapist and then he was released,” the police report stated.

Young won’t be making the trip with the Titans to Cincinnati. Fisher said Friday injured players stay home to continue treatment.

two24four
12-14-2008, 04:43 PM
What the heck was Fisher thinking not kicking a FG :eek: dumb call.

dw13
12-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Interesting call. He still had the 3 timeouts and thought maybe his D would get him another stop? Rod is a great kicker though.

two24four
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Rod was already 4 for 4 on the day, with one from 51 Yds out, they are trying to get home feild through the playoffs, not a good call at all.

Then not long after they lost Haynesworth to an injury, they better hope he's not out long.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-14-2008, 07:31 PM
hahah I LOVE IT!

Thanks Houston! And Good one Fisher, you bonehead

:lol:

Now if Pitt wins out they get the number 1 seed.

Titans/Steelers next weekend!

b_illin
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Apparently Bironas wasn't able to make 48-50yd kicks on that side of the stadium before the game which is why Fisher went for it on 4th.

two24four
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Haynesworth is done till the playoffs, that's a huge loss to the Titans D.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Apparently Bironas wasn't able to make 48-50yd kicks on that side of the stadium before the game which is why Fisher went for it on 4th.

I heard Bironas numbers have been so freaking solid though... Ballsy call by Fisher any way you slice it. I guess I can't really knock him much, Tomlin woulda done the same thing!

Hopefully he pulls a similar move against our Defense next week :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Haynesworth is done till the playoffs, that's a huge loss to the Titans D.

Definitely. That really sucks. You always wanna see the best they got up against the best you got...

Is he even a guarantee to make it back for the playoffs?

two24four
12-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Definitely. That really sucks. You always wanna see the best they got up against the best you got...

Is he even a guarantee to make it back for the playoffs?

He should be, I read something that said he needs about 10-14 days to get better.

King_Killah
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Terry McCormick, of The Nashville City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans RB LenDale White (http://www.footballguys.com/WhitLe01-1.php) weighed in at 238 pounds when he reported to the Titans' offseason program. That is the lightest White has been since joining the Titans. He said he weighed in at 261 pounds last October. 'I feel amazing,' White said. 'I don't really care if I have an ab or not,' White said. He is using a fumble in the playoffs as motivation. 'I'm beyond motivated,' White said.

I love when a player boasts motivation. I am glad White has motivation. Is the fumble the true motivation here? Or could it be Chris Johnson is the stud back in Tennessee? Or could it be that the Titans drafted Javon Ringer and White knows his time in Tennessee could be up in 2010 if he doesn't perform? Whatever the motivation is, as long as he has the motivation, you can expect productivity from him.

King_Killah
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Terry McCormick, of The Nashville City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young (http://www.footballguys.com/YounVi00-1.php) said he told head coach Jeff Fisher earlier this year that he does not want anything given to him while he tries to reclaim the starting quarterback job. 'Whatever I'm given, I want it to be what I earn,' Young said. He said he has been watching a lot more film, working on his mental game, studying defenses, and watching what other teams have tried to do against him. Young also said he is spending time just getting in shape. He attributes his new approach to just growing up.

Well... He is talking the talk. Let's see him walk the walk. Sure Kerry Collins is ancient, so it is possible we could see Young on the field...provided he can beat out Patrick Ramsey.

(remember when he was first drafted, Fly was sucking him off...sorta the same he has done with JaMarcus Russell... :) )

Dubz
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
You do mean...JaMarcASS right?

Cmon brother, your slippin' now:D

King_Killah
05-08-2009, 12:08 PM
You do mean...JaMarcASS right?

Cmon brother, your slippin' now:D

:$:$

My apoligies... You caught me...definitely JaMarcASS!!! :lol:

King_Killah
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Terry McCormick, from the Nashville City Paper, reports that Chris Davis (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/DaviCh02-1.php) - the third-year wide receiver knows that time is ticking on his Tennessee Titans career. During the team's May and June organized team activities, Davis has not only caught the eye of media onlookers as much improved, but more importantly, the eyes of the coaching staff he needs to impress in order to hold on to his roster spot.

Currently listed as 6th on the Titans depth chart, Davis will need to have a solid training camp and pre-season to make the final roster. OC Heimerdinger believes Davis has finally caught on where last year Davis just went through the motions. Davis has caught the eye and attention of both the media in Tennessee and the coaching staff. If Davis can keep his head in the game and not have the "I'm not in the top 3 WR" attitude, he can actually be a productive wide receiver. Davis has the ability to be behind Justin Gage and Nate Washington. I believe he can actually surpass Nate Washington, but he needs to work at it. The Titans drafted Kenny Britt out of Rutgers in the 1st round, so Davis needs to be prepared to be #4, unless he takes his attitude out of his ass and shows what he can be.

dw13
07-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Davis was a joke at FSU, and he still is a joke. CUT!

King_Killah
07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Davis was a joke at FSU, and he still is a joke. CUT!

:lol::lol::lol:

I was actually looking for a response like this from you!!! Nice... On most teams he probably is considered a cut, I am not sold on the Titans receiving though, so I wouldn't consider him an auto-cut here.

dw13
07-01-2009, 03:04 PM

I was actually looking for a response like this from you!!! Nice... On most teams he probably is considered a cut, I am not sold on the Titans receiving though, so I wouldn't consider him an auto-cut here.

Very true. I guess it is the Titans... and not to mention their bum of an OC.

He might fit in well :D

King_Killah
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Jim Wyatt, of the Nashville Tennessean, reports that Titans third-round pick TE Jared Cook (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/CookJa02-1.php) has been impressive this offseason and could make the biggest impact immediately of any Tennessee rookie.

If you are doing one-and-done leagues, I might not waste a pick on him because he will be battling Bo Scaife for catches, but if you are in keepers and dynasties...get him.

King_Killah
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Mike Wilkening, from Pro Football Weekly, reports RB LenDale White (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/WhitLe01-1.php)'s commitment to getting in shape was evident in the offseason, and it continued into training camp, where he reported at 228 pounds and noted he felt more explosive than he did in the past. However, White's new physique might not lead to an increase in work; a source close to the club expects White to get roughly the 205 touches he got last season. The Titans are likely to use second-year RB Chris Johnson (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/JohnCh04-1.php) more this season, and there has been a lot of excitement about the prospect of a more explosive passing game. The way we hear it, there is, interestingly enough, some concern about whether White can be as effective a short-yardage, goal-line runner after having carried 260 pounds or more earlier in his career.

I really don't see a question about White's productivity over losing some pounds. I think he will be as effective. I am not surprised to see/hear that Johnson will get more touches. I am surprised to hear anything about "the prospect of a more explosive passing game." We are still talking about Kerry Collins, Vince Young... Right?

Hockeyis#1
08-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I really don't see a question about White's productivity over losing some pounds. I think he will be as effective. I am not surprised to see/hear that Johnson will get more touches. I am surprised to hear anything about "the prospect of a more explosive passing game." We are still talking about Kerry Collins, Vince Young... Right?

I really don't think their offense will be really any different than last season. Collins will start because Young throws to CBs. Their will be no west coast passing game

eff1ngham
08-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Collins will start because Young throws to CBs.

:lol: awesome :yes:

But yeah, I don't see their offense being any different this year. If Johnson does get more carries, I expect it to come at the expense of the passing game rather than from LenDale's carries. But when they say Johnson will get more "touches" I expect they mean they'll get him involved in the passing game more

dw13
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Young surprises McNair's sons
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

For one day at least, Vince Young stepped up to try to fill the void for the late Steve McNair's two young sons, the Tennessean reported Thursday.

Young surprised 11-year-old Trenton and 5-year-old Tyler on Wednesday by showing up at their house and taking them to their school's "Dear Dads Breakfast" at a local restaurant.

"Those are my boys," Young told the Tennessean. "I wouldn't say it was to pay anyone back; it was just out of love. Steve would do it for me. He pretty much did it for me when I was growing up. I have a history with the boys and I want to do anything I can. I am their big brother."

Julie Dilworth, admissions director at St. Paul Christian Academy, lauded Young's actions.

"It was a great, great gesture," Dilworth told the Tennessean. "All the kids had been talking about the dads' breakfast and [Trenton and Tyler] were wondering what was going to happen with them.

"They were thrilled ... the boys came to school with huge smiles on their faces."

Young had a close relationship with Steve McNair, even before the latter was drafted by the Titans four years ago. He attended McNair's football camps when he was young. McNair was shot and killed July 4.

Besides being there for McNair's sons, Young gave other kids at the school jerseys and autographs.

"It was a surprise, and just to see the excitement on their faces, it's a great feeling," Young told the Tennessean. "We had a good time eating pancakes. I had an omelet.

"Overall they are doing cool, doing good. Just talking to their mom, I think they are going to be all right. I am always going to be here for them, always."

McNair also had two older teenage sons.

Young is definitely a guy I will pull for from now on, that's an awesome gesture.

b_illin
09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
That is fucking awesome....good on ya Vince Young!

FlyGuy78
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
that's my boy Vince!! Now if only you could do things ON THE FIELD that great, you might be a starting QB in this league!!

Dubz
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Vince is in and this has to be one of the worst turn arounds in NFL history. Top team last year and cant win a game. Horrible.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Vince is in and this has to be one of the worst turn arounds in NFL history. Top team last year and cant win a game. Horrible.

They shouldn't have stomped all over the Terrible Towel last season.. Myrone Cope has laid down a curse from above. :D

Dubz
10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
They shouldn't have stomped all over the Terrible Towel last season.. Myrone Cope has laid down a curse from above. :D

Nice:cool:

moans
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Collins is 1 for 10 today, I think it's time to put Young in.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Collins is 1 for 10 today, I think it's time to put Young in.

Seriously.

dw13
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Props, you've now put yourself in prime position as the worst team in the NFL. Without a question.

MrScientist
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't even like the Patriots, but this game has me lol'ing all the way. Wow, who cares about how shitty the Lions are anymore ;)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Utterly ridiculous how god awful this football team has become! I love it. :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Why oh Why did I slot Nate Washington in at W/R today? How the fuck do you catch 1 ball for -22 yards? Did he run the wrong fucking way or what? :freak:

Hockeyis#1
10-19-2009, 08:39 AM
I mean, I know the Titans are starting like 3rd & 4th string CBs and Haynesworth is gone, but WTF happened to the #1 AFC team from last year?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I mean, I know the Titans are starting like 3rd & 4th string CBs and Haynesworth is gone, but WTF happened to the #1 AFC team from last year?

Seriously. 0-16 soon to come! :lol:

Hockeyis#1
10-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Seriously. 0-16 soon to come! :lol:

Wk10Sun, Nov 15vs Buffalo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf) (2-4)
Wk14Sun, Dec 13vs St. Louis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/stl) (0-6)
Wk17Sun, Jan 3@ Seattle (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sea) (2-4)

I think not...

Avaholic
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Any Titans fans know what's up with TE Jared Cook? I know he had the ankle injury preseason, but hasn't seen much action since. I'm excited to own this guy in my Dynasty league. Any updates?

two24four
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds like Young will get the start this week at QB.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Any Titans fans know what's up with TE Jared Cook? I know he had the ankle injury preseason, but hasn't seen much action since. I'm excited to own this guy in my Dynasty league. Any updates?

I'm not sure those exist.

dw13
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Not that Young will play well every week, but it was obviously a couple weeks too long to get him in there.

Now the question for today: Does CJ have 80 more yards in him?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
LOL !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120489463719&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_nkw %3D120489463719%26_sacat%3D0%26_trksid%3Dp3286.m27 0.l1313%26_odkw%3Dtitans%26_osacat%3D0%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Hockeyis#1
11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
LOL !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120489463719&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_nkw %3D120489463719%26_sacat%3D0%26_trksid%3Dp3286.m27 0.l1313%26_odkw%3Dtitans%26_osacat%3D0%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Wow, good find sponge

b_illin
11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
That's pretty cool.

Kyle
11-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Unbelievable they didn't play Young sooner.

Though, it helps when Johnson rushes for 600 yards in four games. That said, the more respectable passing game is what makes that possible for him. Thats why hes run for 6 TDs in 3 games with Young in and 2 TDs in the 6 other game.

Johnson can very possibly break 2000 this year. I feel really bad for anyone who sold him based on his lack of TDs until Young's return. Hes averaged about 45 fantasy points a week his last 3 games.

b_illin
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
YouTube- Bud Adams flipping the bird at Buffalo Bills

moans
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Unbelievable they didn't play Young sooner.

Though, it helps when Johnson rushes for 600 yards in four games. That said, the more respectable passing game is what makes that possible for him. Thats why hes run for 6 TDs in 3 games with Young in and 2 TDs in the 6 other game.

Johnson can very possibly break 2000 this year. I feel really bad for anyone who sold him based on his lack of TDs until Young's return. Hes averaged about 45 fantasy points a week his last 3 games.

Yep he's been amazing. It reall doesn't hurt to have a backfield of Johnson and Peterson. After the Titans were 0-3 I would have instantly put Young in.

two24four
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Young is 21-11 as a starter in his NFL career now.

dw13
11-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Young is 21-11 as a starter in his NFL career now.

Crazy how much shit the guy has caught huh? Dude has always won games!

Hockeyis#1
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Crazy how much shit the guy has caught huh? Dude has always not lost games!
fyp

Kyle
11-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Good revision. But thats a step above what a lot of teams are getting out of their QBs.

two24four
11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Make that 22-11 now for Young as a starter.

4-6 now, they have ARI, @ IND, STL, MIA, SD, @ SEA left, they could end up at least 8-8 after starting 0-6, who know's maybe then can knock off ARI at home this week as well and go 9-7.

Hockeyis#1
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Good revision. But thats a step above what a lot of teams are getting out of their QBs.
Most teams that need QB help need help in a lot of other places, though. Browns, Raiders, Rams, Redskins, Buccaneers, and Jaguars(??)

dw13
11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Vince Young was out of this world today, especially leading the final drive.

dw13
12-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Beat those Dolphins Chris Johnson!!!

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Derrick Morgan. Good pick. I was going to go with Morgan here but I had Jax taking him at 10. I like it.

Spartan
04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Jason Lacanfora is reporting that Haynesworth will go back to the Titans for a 3rd rounder.

Spartan
04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Jason Lacanfora is reporting that Haynesworth will go back to the Titans for a 3rd rounder.Or not...LaCanfora is no Adam Scheffter.

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Locker!

King_Killah
07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
The Tits agree to deal with Matt hASSelSNATCH... Oh lord...