PDA

View Full Version : Seattle SeaFrauds

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 01:51 AM
F*ck them.

DETROIT (AP)—T.J. Duckett (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5904/;_ylt=AkJFiiJ4fHOBU4ivda86WK0dsLYF) is heading to the Seattle Seahawks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sea/;_ylt=ApQEQ7k.pK5R0.lez9MTlJodsLYF) with a five-year contract, the free agent running back told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.
Duckett, who played for the Detroit Lions (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/det/;_ylt=AucPSXXUCDgRTrxsVN6Sm3EdsLYF) last season, has 2,642 career yards rushing and 36 touchdowns. When he wasn’t slowed by injuries, Duckett was productive in limited opportunities in Detroit’s pass-happy offense. Last season, he carried the ball 65 times for 335 yards.
How Duckett fits with the Seahawks will have to be determined. Seattle has recommitted to improving its running game this offseason, signing former Carolina Pro Bowl guard Mike Wahle (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4498/;_ylt=AqN_EsMvQ6tXlFD3PgS3ejIdsLYF) and hiring former Kansas City offensive line coach Mike Solari as offensive line coach.
Both moves were made in the hopes of sparking a running game that has significantly fallen off since Shaun Alexander (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5048/;_ylt=As1CWhqgifLaLxPy9tqeSAYdsLYF) was the league MVP after rushing for 1,880 yards and 27 rushing touchdowns in leading Seattle to the Super Bowl in 2005

Good signing for them though. Duckett if and when given the chances can perform.

Hockeyis#1
03-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Does this mean maybe Alexander will be worth a 1st round draftable?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-05-2008, 06:09 AM
hahah killah, what's with the Seahag animosity? I've noticed it in a few of your comments, just wondering where it stems from?

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
hahah killah, what's with the Seahag animosity? I've noticed it in a few of your comments, just wondering where it stems from?

Hahaha.... Every year for the last how many years, the SeaFrauds get over-recognized and for what? Beating up a piss-poor division? If they were in any other division, including that lovely division that houses the Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions, they wouldn't even stand a chance at sniffing the playoffs. Its like the Southeast Division in hockey. Someone has to win it. I am not a huge buyer of Hasselback. I think Alexander is quite frankly overrated. I do like Holmgren. I do like their homefield advantage. That 12th man is pretty sick up their in Seattle. Let's see how good they are when that division is remotely competitive, which it should be a little more this season.

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Does this mean maybe Alexander will be worth a 1st round draftable?

I don't think he is, but he will still go in the 1st round of 12 team leagues.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Hahaha.... Every year for the last how many years, the SeaFrauds get over-recognized and for what? Beating up a piss-poor division? If they were in any other division, including that lovely division that houses the Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions, they wouldn't even stand a chance at sniffing the playoffs. Its like the Southeast Division in hockey. Someone has to win it. I am not a huge buyer of Hasselback. I think Alexander is quite frankly overrated. I do like Holmgren. I do like their homefield advantage. That 12th man is pretty sick up their in Seattle. Let's see how good they are when that division is remotely competitive, which it should be a little more this season.

:yes:

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 03:26 PM
:yes:

The SeaFrauds could be to me, what the Pats are to you. :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
The SeaFrauds could be to me, what the Pats are to you. :lol:

hahaha killah... not that it will be hard to believe BUT.. when I first typed out a response I wrote something along the lines of "hmm sounds a lot like NE with the lowly Jets and Dolphins in their division."

I decided against it though b/c I don't want to be popping blood pressure medication and obviously you already knew what I was thinking anyway :lol:

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
hahaha killah... not that it will be hard to believe BUT.. when I first typed out a response I wrote something along the lines of "hmm sounds a lot like NE with the lowly Jets and Dolphins in their division."

I decided against it though b/c I don't want to be popping blood pressure medication and obviously you already knew what I was thinking anyway :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I still would have taken the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills over the shitbox NFC West with Arizona, San Francisco, and St. Louis. But I get what you were thinking. ;)

suckerpuncher
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Good old NFC West.

Let's face it. The SeaFrauds are overaged, the Whiners have no QB (Martz is good but even he will have trouble here) and not much talent (except Gore and of course Bruce, thanks to the Rams) and the Cards are the Cards, they'll find a way to implode.

The worst thing is if it wasn't for those horrible decisons by the FO and the HC it would be the Rams division to take.
But after letting Bruce go the division seems to be up for grabs, which is not really a good thing considering how weak the NFC West is.

I can only hope Chip sells the team to Kroenke but Kroenke needs to get rid off the Nuggets and Avs first because of those stupid owner rules.
The least thing Chip can do is getting rid of Shaw and Jay-Z and hire someone with a real football background and knowledge.

Maybe we'll finally see a team with a record under .500 to make the playoffs. It already looked like it would happen last season but somehow the SeaFrauds were able win a couple more games than they should.
But this year the NFC West will face the AFC East. There will be some horrible games to watch.

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Good old NFC West.

Let's face it. The SeaFrauds are overaged, the Whiners have no QB (Martz is good but even he will have trouble here) and not much talent (except Gore and of course Bruce, thanks to the Rams) and the Cards are the Cards, they'll find a way to implode.

The worst thing is if it wasn't for those horrible decisons by the FO and the HC it would be the Rams division to take.
But after letting Bruce go the division seems to be up for grabs, which is not really a good thing considering how weak the NFC West is.

I can only hope Chip sells the team to Kroenke but Kroenke needs to get rid off the Nuggets and Avs first because of those stupid owner rules.
The least thing Chip can do is getting rid of Shaw and Jay-Z and hire someone with a real football background and knowledge.

Maybe we'll finally see a team with a record under .500 to make the playoffs. It already looked like it would happen last season but somehow the SeaFrauds were able win a couple more games than they should.
But this year the NFC West will face the AFC East. There will be some horrible games to watch.

Agree on just about all of your points... The NFC West vs. AFC East games are gonna be brutal. I bet that the AFC East wins ALL of those games.

I hope the Niners, Cards, and Rams all finish better than the SeaFrauds...but not sure if that will happen.

Snipes16
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I dont like this signing either. Jonathan Stewart could still be on the board at # 22 when the Hags pick...He'd be a great pick for them even if they had to trade up a few spots to nab him.

T.J Duckett? whats he ever done? He couldn't beat out Warrick Dunn in Atlanta nor Kevin Jones in Detroit.

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I dont like this signing either. Jonathan Stewart could still be on the board at # 22 when the Hags pick...He'd be a great pick for them even if they had to trade up a few spots to nab him.

T.J Duckett? whats he ever done? He couldn't beat out Warrick Dunn in Atlanta nor Kevin Jones in Detroit.

When he left Atlanta, Dunn still had legs. Do agree on the KJ point.

two24four
03-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Ok what's going on here, now they have signed RB Julius Jones.

King_Killah
03-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Ok what's going on here, now they have signed RB Julius Jones.

Say good-bye to Shaun Alexander! He'll get traded by draft day for sure with the additions of JJ and Duckett.

I actually like this move for Seattle. I think Alexander is a bit overrated anyway.

walker42500
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah Alexander's as good as gone. With the Jones signing I doubt they'll take a first round RB, say Stewart or Mendenhall. I still think they will pick up a RB maybe 2-3 RD

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
any ideas of teams whom might be interested in Shaun?

boredguy
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I always thought KK despised the Eagles the most but i guess that might just be his hatred of McNabb.

King_Killah
03-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I always thought KK despised the Eagles the most but i guess that might just be his hatred of McNabb.

Nah BG, the SeaFrauds right now take the cake. They come off like pompous asses at times when if they were stuffed in any other division they would likely not make the playoffs. I like some of the things they have and some of the stuff they do, but not much.

I don't really hate Philly. I don't really hate McNabb. I just don't think McNabb is as great or even as good as some people think he is. He was mediocre, slightly above average at Syracuse - in regards to his passing game. He is mediocre, slightly above average in Philly - in regards to his passing game. The one good season he has had was the year with T.O. Coincidence? Do I blame McNabb entirely? Not really. I blame the Eagles organization for not putting and keeping receivers around him. I loved his game so much more when he ran. After he got hurt the first time, his run game diminished to almost next to nothing. The game against Arizona (I think it was) where he played the 2nd half on a broken leg. Balls of stone right there. I give him all the credit in the world for doing that. I just don't think he belongs in the upper echelon of QBs are even close to the top of the next tier of QBs that a lot of people place him.

:D

King_Killah
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
any ideas of teams whom might be interested in Shaun?

Right after the regular season ended I heard very small grumblings about New Orleans possibly hooking up with Seattle in a deal for Alexander because they were unsure of McAllister. That came and went.

I can see possibly:

Washington Redskins with no one knowing about Portis's ability to stay healthy and Betts not really panning out to be what he was made to be. Of course that was because Portis didn't get hurt last year like expected so Betts didn't get the ball as much.

How about Arizona. Edge kinda fizzled out there. Marcel Shipp and JJ Arrington aren't taking over the #1 spot.

What about Chicago? Is Ced Benson living up to the hype? The other Adrian Peterson isn't a #1.

Dallas ran the two-headed monster with Barber III and Jones. Why not Barber III and Alexander. And it isn't even known if Barber III will be back either.

I would say Denver just because of their love for running backs. But I don't think, even with TravASS Henry, Selvin Young, and Andre Hall that they will shell out the dough for Alexander when they will likely draft a RB in the 4th, 5th, or 6th and work that guy to become a starter in week 9 when all the other backs are hurt.

Detroit cleaned RB house. Duckett gone. Taint Bell gone. Leaving only the fragile Kevin Jones. I don't think Alexander would go to Detroit though.

Green Bay. Ryan Grant was awesome last year. Will he sustain that game with Favre gone?

Houston and Ahman Green. I loved Ahman Green when he first came into the league. Then he caught the case of Tiki's Fumblitis. Then he became injury prone. Houston doesn't really have a run threat.

Miami, good ol' Miami. Parcells has commented on Alexander before, all of which was positive. Ronnie Brown is a machine, unfortunately he got hurt. Will Parcells deal with Ricky Williams' behavior? He may avoid that altogether and cut ties with him. Especially if they bring in Chad Johnson. Imagine having to babysit Ocho Cinco and Williams?

New York Football Jets. Thomas Jones isn't the back he once was. Leon Washington is a great special teams guy. Not too sure about him as an every down back. I would like the fit there.

Oakland Raider. I could actually see a move here. They resigned Fargas, but I wouldn't want to rely on Fargas as your #1. They have Rhodes and Jordan. Jordan is all but done. Rhodes shoulda, coulda, woulda if he didn't f*ck up. I actually would like this move for Oakland. I don't see Oakland going after McFadden in the draft so a deal for Alexander could be a nice way to go. Oh wait..... Al F*cking Grandpa Davis. Nevermind. That shit won't happen.

Does anyone think Frank Gore isn't what he is supposed to be? I don't see Seattle moving him within the division though.

Tampa Bay is a place in need of a running back. Warrick Dunn could land here, but if he goes to Houston instead, Shaun Alex could be a huge lift to that run game. I liked what Earnest Graham did. I think he is going to be drafted waaaay early in a lot of leagues even though Cadillac is still there as the #1 running back. I don't think Cadillac can take the load himself though.

two24four
03-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Out of all the teams there, I would think Chicago could use him the most, Houston as well.

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I think I agree with Chicago, although I still think Benson can be what he was supposed to be. Can they keep him healthy? I don't think Houston would go for him because it seems as if they show interest in Dunn.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Bitter much? Remind me never to wear any black n gold when visiting Seattle :lol:

Seattle cook accused of spitting on Steeler fan's burger
Friday, March 28, 2008
The Associated Press

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. -- A fast-food cook and Seattle Seahawks fan has been accused of spitting on a hamburger ordered by a man wearing Pittsburgh Steelers attire.

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies say the 37-year-old customer was with his daughters at the Port Orchard-area eatery on Saturday. He reportedly traded remarks with an employee about Super Bowl XL in which the Seahawks lost to the Steelers.

When the customer opened his food container, he says there was spittle on the burger. He demanded a refund and called the fast-foot outlet's district manager.

The manager told deputies a 24-year-old man might be responsible. The next day, deputies went to his house and smelled marijuana. The man was released after being booked for investigation of fourth-degree assault and possession of marijuana.

King_Killah
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Way to go Bobby Engram...

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Bobby Engram (http://www.footballguys.com/EngrBo00-1.php) confirmed during an interview on Sunday that he has no plans of missing any time during Training Camp, despite his continued displeasure with his contractual agreement with the team. "I'll be ready to go," Engram said. "I'm going to be me. I'm going to be ready to work hard, because I don't hold any bitterness. I'm not going to be upset about something that didn't happen. Everybody has to handle his business individually, but I realize nobody is bigger than the team."

I guess he is realizing the pecking order or that teams aren't gonna hand out big money to old receivers after a career year.

King_Killah
07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Seattle Seahawks HC Mike Holmgren said he met with RBs Julius Jones (http://www.footballguys.com/JoneJu01-1.php) and Maurice Morris (http://www.footballguys.com/MorrMa00-1.php) yesterday and informed them of his plan to have them share carries. He said they both took it well and accepted it. He said he may even rotate who starts and then go with the hot hand. He also said he is asking T.J. Duckett (http://www.footballguys.com/DuckT.00-1.php) to learn both fullback and halfback spots.

I am sure most of you know my opinion of the Seahawks... Hahah... I actually like Julius Jones there and believe that he will ultimately win the touches.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Really minor fantasy implications here, but news nonetheless...

There has not really been a shortage of Logan Payne stuff. He is making nice catches every day, rarely drops a pass (except when Josh Wilson popped him yesterday) and is I would say the No. 4 receiver behind Courtney Taylor (http://www.footballguys.com/TaylCo00-1.php) right now. It seems as if he has stepped ahead of Ben Obomanu (http://www.footballguys.com/ObomBe00-1.php), though it also appears as if they like Obomanu for return duties. Mike Wahle has not really stood out, though I have not intentionally watched him yet. I'll try to take some time today to zero in on him.

Perhaps if your league counts return yards and such, Obomanu can be a late/last round pick on a whim. I don't see Taylor or even Payne on many or any fantasy teams, at least not at your initial draft. Wahle will be cut. This all said......back-ups do get playing time, and with Bobby Engram not getting any younger, Taylor may see more time than expected.

FlyGuy78
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Burleson was returning last year and I thought he would be doing it again this year.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Burleson was returning last year and I thought he would be doing it again this year.

Burleson will likely be the key returner.

FlyGuy78
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Burleson will likely be the key returner.

good, cause I have him as a bench receiver in one league that counts ret yards/tds.

Dubz
08-11-2008, 03:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-seahawks-engram&prov=ap&type=lgns

So much for a repeat performance....cracked shoulder at 35 aint good

boredguy
08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Seattle also released former first-round pick Marcus Tubbs after the former starting defensive tackle failed a physical.

:lol:

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
The Seahawks' injury situation has gone from aggravating to roster altering,
because leading receiver Bobby Engram will miss six to eight weeks with a cracked
bone in his shoulder and the contract of defensive tackle Marcus Tubbs was
terminated after he failing yet another physical because of his troublesome right
knee.
Coach Mike Holmgren dropped these bombshell announcements Monday after the team's
morning practice at its training camp.
Engram, who caught a franchise-record 94 passes last season, was injured after
making the first catch of the game in the team's 34-17 victory against the
Minnesota Vikings on Friday night. The injury will force the club to carry Engram
on its 53-man roster even though he isn't expected to play until the after the bye
week Sept. 28.
Compounding the situation at wide receiver is that Deion Branch remains on the
physically unable to perform list as he recovers from reconstructive surgery on
his left knee in January.
Holmgren remains hopeful that Branch will be ready for the regular-season opener,
but that might be wishful thinking.

Just a little more...

FlyGuy78
08-18-2008, 07:18 PM
and yet Hasselbeck still seems to put up good numbers every year. i'm not a fan of the guy, but he somehow pulls it out.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
and yet Hasselbeck still seems to put up good numbers every year. i'm not a fan of the guy, but he somehow pulls it out.

Asselsnatch is a fraud too... F*ck him.

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Asselsnatch is a fraud too... F*ck him.

I'm starting to think everyone NOT in an ATL jersey or named Brady is a fraud to you!! :wtf:

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm starting to think everyone NOT in an ATL jersey or named Brady is a fraud to you!! :wtf:

Nope...

King_Killah
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Seattle Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck (http://www.footballguys.com/HassMa00-1.php) had his back tighten up again today, forcing him to leave this morning's practice less than halfway through. With Seneca Wallace (http://www.footballguys.com/WallSe00-1.php) also out with a sore groin, Charlie Frye (http://www.footballguys.com/FryeCh00-1.php) took most of the reps, with Dalton Bell getting some work late in the practice.

Hasselbeck out, Wallace out... FRYE IN! :dead:

The Frauds are in trouble... A broken bone can heal and you are ready to roll, knee ligaments heal and you can rock... Back issues are another thing, that can linger through the season... Frye just needs to hand the ball off to Julius Jones.

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Seattle LB Lofa Tatupu and backup QB Charlie Frye (http://www.footballguys.com/FryeCh00-1.php) had MRI exams on their injured knees today. HC Mike Holmgren said they are not too concerned. "Neither one of them, we think, is serious. There's no ligament damage at all," he said.

OH NO..... Frye hurt. Haha.. Well good news for Frye and Seattle that it doesn't seem like Frye's injury is serious. With Hasselbeck's back issues, they'll want all the back-up QBs they can get.

tets
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Seahawks agreed to terms with WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh on a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal includes $15 million in guarantees.
GM Tim Ruskell overpaid. While Housh has more catches than anyone over the last four years and should have a few strong seasons left, giving this much guaranteed money to a soon-to-be 32-year-old wideout is extremely risky. Housh is also headed to a balanced offense that won't play from behind as much as the Bengals. He'll be Seattle's No. 1 receiver, but will have to learn a West Coast offense and is unlikely to top the 90-reception mark again. His fantasy numbers should suffer. Mar. 2 - 6:13 pm et

b_illin
03-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Seahawks agreed to terms with WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh on a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal includes $15 million in guarantees.
GM Tim Ruskell overpaid. While Housh has more catches than anyone over the last four years and should have a few strong seasons left, giving this much guaranteed money to a soon-to-be 32-year-old wideout is extremely risky. Housh is also headed to a balanced offense that won't play from behind as much as the Bengals. He'll be Seattle's No. 1 receiver, but will have to learn a West Coast offense and is unlikely to top the 90-reception mark again. His fantasy numbers should suffer. Mar. 2 - 6:13 pm et

I disagree. Only his first 2 seasons are guaranteed basically, and at $8mm, I don't think he's being overpaid.

King_Killah
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Greg Johns, of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reports Seattle Seahawks WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HousTJ00-1.php) said during an interview with the Sporting News that the team will make the playoffs this season. Houshmandzadeh also predicted Pro Bowl nominations for himself and QB Matt Hasselbeck (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HassMa00-1.php). 'I just want to let everyone know that Matt Hasselbeck (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HassMa00-1.php) and I will be leading the Seahawks to the playoffs this season,' Houshmandzadeh said. 'And we'll be going to the Pro Bowl as a tandem. We're both going to have top five seasons: He'll have a top five quarterback season, and I'll have a top five receiving season. I'll put up stats I've never had before yards-wise because they're allowing me to be a complete receiver.'

First of all...the name of the newspaper baffles me. What the hell is an Intelligencer??? Secondly, they aren't so "intelligent" by placing such guarantees.

That said... As you know if various other team threads, I love when a player is confident. That also said, the only way the SeaFrauds have a shot at making the playoffs is because of the division they are in. Will the Cards be able to repeat and make another run for the post season? The 49ers and Rams both made some improvements. The Rams, I feel are still a few seasons off. The 49ers are at least one year out if not two before they make a splash for the post season. So, the Frauds do have a shot because 8-8 which I see them no better at, can still win this division.

eff1ngham
08-25-2009, 09:37 AM
So, Edge is in and Duckett is out. Interesting move in Seattle. I'd guess they got Edge for better protection in passing downs, and possibly to be their goal line guy, but he could turn out to much more

FlyGuy78
08-25-2009, 09:50 AM
So, Edge is in and Duckett is out. Interesting move in Seattle. I'd guess they got Edge for better protection in passing downs, and possibly to be their goal line guy, but he could turn out to much more

I have read nowhere that Duckett is out in SEA. I also read that there is a chance that Edge doesn't even make the team since he looked slow last year.

Edgerrin James

News: Pro Football Talk is reporting that RB Edgerrin James (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133320) has signed with the Seahawks on Monday. There is no official word from the team, as a spokesman for Seattle said he would not comment Monday on the subject of James. The spokesman said the Seahawks would address the "speculation" on Tuesday. The move could make sense. The Seahawks have only Julius Jones (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492974) and T.J. Duckett (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302187) as proven rushers on the roster, and James could provide depth.

Analysis: Keep an eye on the situation to make sure it's official, but James still has minimal Fantasy value. He's also no lock to make the team since he's 31 and looked slow at times in 2008 with the Cardinals, when he eventually lost his starting job to rookie Tim Hightower. The Seahawks like the combination of Jones and Duckett, and coach Jim Mora has said Duckett will be a fourth-quarter weapon this year. At best, draft James with a late-round pick in deep formats.

eff1ngham
08-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I have read nowhere that Duckett is out in SEA.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/24/james-signs-deal-with-seahawks/

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora confirms published reports that the Seahawks have parted ways with RB T.J. Duckett.

FlyGuy78
08-25-2009, 10:07 AM
That's just a dumb move imo. Edge is over the hill, slow, and showed no signs of why he should still be in the NFL while in ARI. Atleast Duckett can still run people over. This is why KK calls them the SeaFrauds......pathetic!!

two24four
08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Some team will pickup Duckett I would think, I agree it's a bad move letting him go.

b_illin
08-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Boy am I happy I drafted Duckett over Coffee with my last pick....then seeing Coffee run like crazy on the weekend....then seeing TJ is gonzo. Awesome!

dw13
08-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Boy am I happy I drafted Duckett over Coffee with my last pick....then seeing Coffee run like crazy on the weekend....then seeing TJ is gonzo. Awesome!

Neither will be much fantasy wise either way. By the way, F*** Coffee.

FlyGuy78
08-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Neither will be much fantasy wise either way. By the way, F*** Coffee.

Coffee has great fantasy value. SF is going to be a run first team and Coffee will get his touches to keep Gore healthy. And if for some reason Gore goes down, then Coffee will have huge fantasy value.

dw13
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Coffee has great fantasy value. SF is going to be a run first team and Coffee will get his touches to keep Gore healthy. And if for some reason Gore goes down, then Coffee will have huge fantasy value.

How many carries could Coffee possibly get during the season with a healthy Gore? I haven't followed the SF situation, but I'm just wondering... and that pathetic RB is #2 on their depth chart?

FlyGuy78
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
How many carries could Coffee possibly get during the season with a healthy Gore? I haven't followed the SF situation, but I'm just wondering... and that pathetic RB is #2 on their depth chart?

Yeah Coffee is #2 on the depth charts and I expect him to get more and more touches as the season goes on. Why do you think he is pathetic if I may ask? He looked pretty darn good last weekend, granted it was vs. OAK.

dw13
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah Coffee is #2 on the depth charts and I expect him to get more and more touches as the season goes on. Why do you think he is pathetic if I may ask? He looked pretty darn good last weekend, granted it was vs. OAK.

All I know him is from his SEC days, and he was vastly overrated. Mark Ingram was heads and toes better, and 3-4 years younger. It happens though, look at Ryan Grant at ND, then he turns into a quality NFL back. I'm just saying, never saw much in Coffee, tough down hill runner that's all. I'll have to keep my eye on the SF situation then, I didn't know he was #2 on the chart.

FlyGuy78
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
All I know him is from his SEC days, and he was vastly overrated. Mark Ingram was heads and toes better, and 3-4 years younger. It happens though, look at Ryan Grant at ND, then he turns into a quality NFL back. I'm just saying, never saw much in Coffee, tough down hill runner that's all. I'll have to keep my eye on the SF situation then, I didn't know he was #2 on the chart.

#1. F.Gore
#2. G.Coffee
#3. M.Robinson

dw13
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
#1. F.Gore
#2. G.Coffee
#3. M.Robinson

Ugly, but your right. Robinson is nothing more than a scatback. Coffee could be good behind an O line (like he had last year at Bama).

Thanks FG, SF is one of the teams im in the dark on, obviously.

Hockeyis#1
08-29-2009, 03:28 AM
look at Ryan Grant at ND, then he turns into a quality NFL back.

A quality NFL back? An above average sure, quality though? I'd say he's safely in the middle third of NFL running backs though. that doesn't say "quality" to me.

King_Killah
08-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Right now, I would be more than surprised if Coffee sees 200 yards with Gore healthy for the full season. If Gore misses time, or tweaks something and take carries away from him, then possible Coffee does something. Right now though... I'd be skeptical on him unless your league is deep, or you miss out on good backs and wanna take him at the end.

b_illin
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Right now, I would be more than surprised if Coffee sees 200 yards with Gore healthy for the full season. If Gore misses time, or tweaks something and take carries away from him, then possible Coffee does something. Right now though... I'd be skeptical on him unless your league is deep, or you miss out on good backs and wanna take him at the end.

No, I am loaded with RB's already, I just should have gone with high upside (if Gore got hurt) over predictable (at the time) goal-line pts. Whoops.

b_illin
10-16-2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxI9OD3h3A&feature=player_em%20%20bedded

Doctego
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
JMJ out as coach. A little surprised as he seemed safe. Big name coach coming in??

Spartan
01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
JMJ out as coach. A little surprised as he seemed safe. Big name coach coming in??They don't have a GM yet do they?

Doctego
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I have no idea. My interest in them left when their relevance did.

Hockeyis#1
01-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Pretty sure they don't have a GM. Thought Jim Mora should have stayed.

dw13
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Sounds like it'll be Pete Carrolls job

Hockeyis#1
01-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Pete Carroll's crazy if he leaves USC for the Seahawks

two24four
01-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Pete Carroll's crazy if he leaves USC for the Seahawks

I agree, would not be a good move for him IMO.

dw13
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Makes sense to me... they will let him make some football moves, he can bring most/alot of his staff and he can get another kick at the NFL. Good division, ownership, location, stadium and the ability to win out there all are pluses for him.

What'd you think of him in NE when he was there 24?

two24four
01-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Makes sense to me... they will let him make some football moves, he can bring most/alot of his staff and he can get another kick at the NFL. Good division, ownership, location, stadium and the ability to win out there all are pluses for him.

What'd you think of him in NE when he was there 24?

He was ok, won us the AFC East in '97, and led us to the playoffs again the next season so I was happy with that, but I was not too upset when he was let go.

I just think he's a way better college coach then NFL coach.

eff1ngham
01-08-2010, 05:02 PM

He has all that stuff at USC, plus more. Why would he want another shot at the NFL?

dw13
01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
He was ok, won us the AFC East in '97, and led us to the playoffs again the next season so I was happy with that, but I was not too upset when he was let go.

I just think he's a way better college coach then NFL coach.

I don't think he has enough of a resume in the NFL to really make that assumption. I think if he was security and ease, he will stay at USC.. if he wants to prove he's a good of a coach as he is made out to be, this is the right fit for him

two24four
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
So does Seattle draft Taylor Mays if Carroll does take the job? I have seen some mock draft's that already have them taking him before this news.

Doctego
01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
He has all that stuff at USC, plus more. Why would he want another shot at the NFL?

Because NFL prestige and money is unmatched in college. That and the fact that he probably wants to try to prove that he can do it.

Selfishly, I want him to stay at USC because he has built a powerhouse and he is cherished there. Not everyone is an NFL head coach. That seems to be the case with him so far.

dw13
01-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Because NFL prestige and money is unmatched in college. That and the fact that he probably wants to try to prove that he can do it.

Bingo.

I'd like to see him fail again. Not a big fan of the cheating university known as USC.

b_illin
01-08-2010, 05:52 PM

I agree - he'd be crazy to leave the plum situation he's in now

Selfishly, I want him to stay at USC because he has built a powerhouse and he is cherished there. Not everyone is an NFL head coach. That seems to be the case with him so far.

I don't man, I saw that Mack and Saban made upward of $4mm each BEFORE bonuses(!) last night!

Bingo.

I'd like to see him fail again. Not a big fan of the cheating university known as USC.

Maybe the shit is going to hit the fan from all that (although it looks like the baseketball program is taking the fall there) and that's why

dw13
01-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe the shit is going to hit the fan from all that (although it looks like the baseketball program is taking the fall there) and that's why

Eh.. we haven't even heard of an investigation recently. I'm just a bitter SOB :lol:

Edit: I don't think the Joe McKnight thing will fall hard.. especially on Carroll. IDK though.

eff1ngham
01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Because NFL prestige and money is unmatched in college.

Really? Doesn't he make about 4 mil a year at USC? I can't imagine there's many NFL coaches making more money than that

dw13
01-08-2010, 08:57 PM
More importantly I hope Steve Sark tells USC to fuck off when they try to get him.

Doctego
01-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Really? Doesn't he make about 4 mil a year at USC? I can't imagine there's many NFL coaches making more money than that

You don't think that 1 of the richest men in the world will offer crazy money to try and lure him from USC?? He isn't leaving for a paycut.

dw13
01-09-2010, 10:05 AM
5 Years / 35M

Spartan
01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
He will have to get used to a salary cap again, wasn't a problem at USC.

dw13
01-09-2010, 12:16 PM
More importantly I hope Steve Sark tells USC to fuck off when they try to get him.

And he did just that already. Good deal

Kyle
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Pete Caroll is one coach I can think of who truly belongs in the NCAA and not the NFL.

I remmeber watching something on TV about him months ago on NFL network, about how he just was not able to connect with NFL players the way he connects with NCAA players. How hes too much of a "ra ra school spirit" type coach that grown men consider corny but college kids relate to.

He wasn't particularly bad at coaching in the NFL but he just never had a team 100% behind him. Reaching the players is an entire different beast in the NFL where you almost have to be an asshole to be successful.

I think Seahawks could've done better but oh well, good luck to them.

eff1ngham
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Guess we'll see how he does, I didn't hear how much the offer was though

Edit: 5 years $35 mil? Maybe?

b_illin
01-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow, that's A LOT for a guy with a mediocre NFL record!

Doctego
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Guess we'll see how he does, I didn't hear how much the offer was though

Edit: 5 years $35 mil? Maybe?

And that's why it is really easy for us to sit here and say that he should stay at USC.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Russell Okung. Hmmm... Should be a Lion. But hey.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Earl "ET" Thomas.

Well...that f*cks me. First of all stunned that Philly traded up and took Graham. I had Thomas going to Philly at the 24th. The Frauds f*ck it all up. Good pick.

Spartan
04-22-2010, 11:17 PM
The Seahawks did really well today getting those two players.

b_illin
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
The Seahawks did really well today getting those two players.

Agree. Excellent 1st round for them.

Spartan
04-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Another great value with Golden Tate later on, compare to the Browns and see what the problem was in Seattle.

Spartan
04-24-2010, 09:24 AM
LenDale White traded to the Hawks for a 4th rounder.

dw13
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Walter Thurmond.

They have had the best draft at this point, IMO.

Spartan
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Seahawks have acquired Leon Washington and a 7th for a 5th round pick. Damn, Seattle is doing great.

dw13
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah. Props Seattle.

dw13
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Now Anthony McCoy in the 6th round.

Hawks are the clear winners of the draft.

Spartan
09-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Alex Gibbs has quit. Opening day is a week away.

Whoa.

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Hahahaha...... a 7-9 team gets the #25 pick. What a bunch of phonies. God damn Frauds.

Wow the timer ticks down to :09. Jerks.

James Carpenter. James freakin Carpenter. The Frauds do it again...... Should have went QB. Carpenter. Definitely a day two guy... if not a day three guy.

King_Killah
07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
The SeaFrauds remain the SeaFrauds... A+++ for continuing without Hasselbeck. F- for replacing him with Tavaris Jackson and Matt Leinart.

two24four
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Sidney Rice signed with the Hawks, 5 years, $44M.

King_Killah
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Sidney Rice signed with the Hawks, 5 years, $44M.

That's a definite upgrade over: Ben Obomanu, Brandon Stokely, Ruvell Martin..... Mike Williams and Golden Tate.

I guess they are banking on the connect with Jackson, but Jackson is booty. Hopefully Whitehurst wins the starting gig.

King_Killah
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Let's not forget Gallery signs...... Gallery, Okung, and Unger is a nice core unit, but they need help big time.

King_Killah
12-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Important notice being released:

It is important to note that King Killah has officially lifted fraud status from the Seattle Seahawks. No longer are they in a division where 8-8 wins you the division by virtue of being able to outlast the other crappy teams in said division. Their defense which has always been strong, remains a constant. Their offense has turned the page. The front office of King Killah was going to wait until next season to make the official announcement but we feel we have seen enough.

On that note......a new fraud team will be announced in the coming days!

FlyGuy78
12-20-2012, 07:53 AM
My vote would go to the Chargers in the AFC and the Cowboys in the NFC.

Doctego
12-20-2012, 04:25 PM
My vote would go to the Chargers in the AFC and the Cowboys in the NFC.

Don't forget about the Eagles.

Kyle
12-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Bucs, Lions

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Texans?

Good team but they are certainly limping into the post season.

Doctego
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Texans?

Good team but they are certainly limping into the post season.

Nah. Even with their recent failures, they still have a home playoff game.

King_Killah
04-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Well, my last stop in this SeaFrauds thread, I made the announcement that I have removed the "fraud" tag from Seattle. No longer are they the frauds of the league.

Russell Wilson proved he is more than capable at QB. Marshawn Lynch is a friggin beast. The receivers made plays. No reason to think Wilson falls into a sophomore slump. Lynch will still be a beast. The receivers got even better when they got Percy Harvin. The defense is sick. I am putting the Seahawks right there in the mix... definitely top 3 of NFC.

Let's look at their draft.... I know they grabbed Christine Michael with that 2nd round pick, but pay attention to Spencer Ware. If Ware gets equal opportunity in camps, he could emerge to be Lynch's back-up and ultimately the #1. Chris Harper at WR improved in each of his four college seasons, and he is another strong weapon for Wilson. I like this team.

Kyle
04-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Seahawks are the best team in the NFL on paper. Deserved to beat Atlanta last year. Would've given the 49ers everything they could handle if not beat them. All they did was improve from then until now. Their secondary is so freakishly good and thats so rare right now. They're a team built to win the SB right now. They're my easy, easy favorites ahead of the 49ers, Ravens, Patriots, Broncos.

habsfan1
04-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Can we change the name of this thread, it doesn't suit them anymore.