PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen

Motorcat
03-03-2008, 04:57 PM
OK - so these douche bags were supposed to play here FRI night and a small group of us ponied up for tickets.

We had planned to make a huge 4 day weekend of it.

THURS - Canes vs MINN
FRI - Van Halen
SAT Canes vs Sabres

SUN - recovery day.

Just got an e-mail - concert has been canceled and wil be rescheduled at a later date. No refunds or credits will be issued until rescheduled.

I turned down a small landscaping job over this particular weekend and others in our group burned vacation days.

:rant: - needless to say I'm pissed.

Motorcat
03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
This is now posted on the arena website..............

VAN HALEN DALLAS, CINCINNATI, RALEIGH, & BALTIMORE CONCERTS POSTPONED
The Van Halen concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Raleigh, and Baltimore have been postponed. According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures.

phaneuf6
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
That sucks Motorcat. I would be pissed if a concert was postponed/canceled after I had made some big plans around it.

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 01:02 AM
That sucks Motorcat. I would be pissed if a concert was postponed/canceled after I had made some big plans around it.

Hope Eddie is alright. I read that EVH was having issues with the cancer that he beat, nothing confirmed or denied at this point though.

Hope he makes it back and they continue the tour. It was a pretty kick ass show.

Motorcat
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
KK - I have been doing some reading on Billboard about this - seems Eddie is back on the bottle and in rehab.

I did not know he was a cancer surviver.

Concert has been rescheduled for SUN March 13th - looks like we are getting our money back. Sunday is not the best day for a bunch of people who have to be at work on MON to blow it out - no one wants to burn more vacation time.

I have my doubts about the 13th ever going down anyway.

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 03:13 PM
KK - I have been doing some reading on Billboard about this - seems Eddie is back on the bottle and in rehab.

I did not know he was a cancer surviver.

Concert has been rescheduled for SUN March 13th - looks like we are getting our money back. Sunday is not the best day for a bunch of people who have to be at work on MON to blow it out - no one wants to burn more vacation time.

I have my doubts about the 13th ever going down anyway.

Yep. My dates are going to be wrong, but I am pretty sure it was that period in between the time they had Gary Cherone (Extreme singer) and Sammy Hagar back.

Buckeye
03-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I am supposed to see them 4/1.

Buckeye
03-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Hope Eddie is alright. I read that EVH was having issues with the cancer that he beat, nothing confirmed or denied at this point though.

I also hope he is OK, but I have a hard time having sympathy for him as he continued to smoke after beating the mouth/tounge cancer.

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I also hope he is OK, but I have a hard time having sympathy for him as he continued to smoke after beating the mouth/tounge cancer.

This is true.

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 11:48 PM
A little more -

According to the Edmonton Sun (http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment/Music/2008/03/06/4923836-sun.html), Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, says the guitarist is OK, despite rumors to the contrary.

A publicist's statement about Van Halen, which revealed that he is "undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," in regards to a possible cancer related issue. At this time I can say booze is not the issue.

Over the phone from Ohio where she is touring in support of her new book, "Losing It", Bertinelli says she completely understands the public interest in Van Halen's health.

"I just talked to him a couple of days ago. I understand the curiosity — I was curious until I talked to him. He sounds terrific," said the actress.

"He's just being very pro-active. It's not as awful as people think it is. I'm so proud of him right now. He sounded terrific, and hopefully they'll [VAN HALEN] start back up [touring] again on the 11th."

Buckeye
03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
$#@#$%^&*! My show on 4/1 has been postponed. Best wishes to Eddie and his family. Get well and come kick some ass dude!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1583121/20080311/van_halen.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler

Van Halen Postpone More Tour Dates; Eddie Still 'Under Doctors' Care'

Announcement on band's Web site offers no further clues about guitarist's ailment.

By Jem Aswad

Van Halen have postponed 17 more concert dates so that guitarist Eddie Van Halen "can continue medical tests to define a course of treatment," the band announced late Monday on its Web site. The post noted that Eddie remains "under doctors' care"; the band postponed several dates last week (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1582661/20080303/van_halen.jhtml) due to his unspecified "medical tests." No further information about the guitarist's condition was offered.
The postponed dates include Charlottesville, Virginia; East Rutherford, New Jersey; New York, New York; Duluth, Georgia; Pittsburgh; Providence, Rhode Island; Uncasville, Connecticut; Atlantic City, New Jersey; St. Louis; Columbus, Ohio; Rosemont, Illinois; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Milwaukee; Manchester, New Hampshire; Hershey, Pennsylvania; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Baltimore.

The tour is to resume April 19 in Las Vegas, the site said, with rescheduled dates to be announced shortly. Fans are advised to retain their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled concerts, or ticket refunds will be issued at the original point of purchase.

Last week, tour promoter Live Nation issued a statement that read, "According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures."

A spokesperson declined to elaborate on the medical condition that has sidelined the guitarist, whosestint in a rehab facility (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1554272/20070308/van_halen.jhtml) last fall delayed the long-awaited reunion with founding vocalist David Lee Roth.

Motorcat
03-13-2008, 08:28 AM
The Van Halen make up show on the 13th of April in Raleigh has been canceled.

Not that it matters - we have already got our refund.

Lucca Brazzi
03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Postponed the Mohegan Sun show, I was trying to win some tix on the local radio station, but they suspended the giveaways until a new date is posted.

Hope Eddie gets his shit together- he definitely plays with fire regarding his health.

ih8music
03-07-2011, 06:33 PM
A teaser from Sammy Hagar's book is out, and it definitely doesn't paint EVH in a good light.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/exclusive-excerpt-surviving-eddie-20110304

King_Killah
03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
A teaser from Sammy Hagar's book is out, and it definitely doesn't paint EVH in a good light.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/exclusive-excerpt-surviving-eddie-20110304

Eddie Van Halen is a douche. David Lee Roth was the same way... However, just today, Sammy Hagar said he'd love to do another Van Halen record. Its the whole love/hate thing. Personally, I like Van Hagar over Van Halen, but that's me. I think Sammy adds something to the band that DLR just can't. Sure DLR is the "ultimate frontman" or at least that has been said, I don't know...

ih8music
01-10-2012, 03:05 PM
new VH single out...

Van Halen - Tattoo - YouTube

...doesn't do much for me, but then again I never cared for the original band. Those of you who are/were fans like it?

Doctego
01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Huge Van Halen fan from back in the day. Liked but didn't love Sam Halen/Van Hagar. Not a huge fan of this tune but I am usually a hard marker with this stuff because I hold it up against the older stuff. I would like to hear other songs from the album.

Kyle
01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Man thats awful

ih8music
01-18-2012, 02:33 PM
silly, but fun

http://gbsmf.info/assteroidZDDEbeta.swf

CayugaPosse
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Man thats awful

Never been a huge Van Halen fan but holy fuck is that song terrible. Didn't even finish it.