PDA

View Full Version : New York Jets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

King_Killah
02-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I didn't know whether to make a Jets thread or a Saints thread because I am not sure which team this is bigger news for.

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/;_ylt=Ahwcqr5vTMP98Jj2Tr1SA4YdsLYF) traded linebacker Jonathan Vilma (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6771/;_ylt=Aj84JykEwC.oWSREe1FNjvwdsLYF) to the New Orleans Saints (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/) on Friday for a fourth-round draft pick in April.
If Vilma reaches certain playtime incentives and signs a contract extension with New Orleans, New York would instead receive a second- or third-round pick in 2009. The Jets would then give the Saints their fourth-round pick next year.

Vilma for a 4th. Jets got raped there. But, I would think Vilma could reach the incentives and resign, so the Jets could get the extra pick.

nyihater4life
02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid move.

King_Killah
02-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid move.

Yeah.... I'd say.

Lucca Brazzi
03-01-2008, 01:27 PM
He wasn't as effective in Mangini's 3-4, plus he was banged up a bit and missed time. I bet though he will be a force with the Saints. I agree that the Jets lost that deal.

nyihater4life
03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah im just mad we didnt get something better for him. As long as the Jets dont move Cotchery im happy, the guy is great!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-02-2008, 01:55 AM
booo Faneca signed with the Jets

Record deal.

Alan Faneca, seven times a Pro Bowler, became the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history yesterday when he agreed to a $40 million contract with the New York Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d806f9e66&template=with-video&confirm=true

Lucca Brazzi
03-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I just read the same thing. I hear that he is the premier guy on the left side, but I guess with O-Linemen , I have never heard much of him. Was the deal worth it?

Snipes16
03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I just read the same thing. I hear that he is the premier guy on the left side, but I guess with O-Linemen , I have never heard much of him. Was the deal worth it?

Yeah, he's arguably the best guard in football and has been that way since he came out of LSU...although I didn't think he had a great year in 07. Might have been a little bitter that Pittsburgh didn't show him the money.

Great signing for the Jets :\

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-02-2008, 02:53 PM

yes, but not at his age at that price!!!

King_Killah
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM

Definitely worth the signing. However, they need waaay more than that piece of the puzzle to take the next step. But its a start.

Doctego
03-05-2008, 02:03 AM
I was a huge Vilma fan and am pissed that they couldn't configure their system for him and Robertson. That said, they have made some great signings, except at a great price.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Definitely worth the signing. However, they need waaay more than that piece of the puzzle to take the next step. But its a start.

The Jets signed Faneca for what, 6 years? 21 mill gauranteed? He's already 10 years in the league, I imagine Oline is probably 2nd behind RB in terms of physical wear and tear on the body? They will be lucky to get 3 healthy years out of him, imho. I hate to see him go, I love the guy, Jets fans are gonna love him too, and I would have LOVED for him to stay.. but not at that kinda money!

Pittsburgh has always been really smart about letting guys go after their prime. Seems kinda shady but the Rooney's are smart about knowing who to keep and who to send away.

Take Joey Porter for example :D

Doctego
03-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Sponge.......A lot of lineman have productive years well into their 30's.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Sponge.......A lot of lineman have productive years well into their 30's.

I wish Allen the best for sure, I wouldn't be sad to see him do well for a few more years :yes: But he's already what 32? That puts him at about 38 when his 6 years are up. Is that realistic? I guess so? You probably know better than I do. One thing I know for sure though is that at that age there was simply no way the Rooney's and their tight pocket books were gonna pay him what he got from the NYJ. The second they didn't get something done last year we all knew Fan was gone. Him not holding out speaks volumes to his awesome character and I know Jets fans will love him

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I wish Allen the best for sure, I wouldn't be sad to see him do well for a few more years :yes: But he's already what 32? That puts him at about 38 when his 6 years are up. Is that realistic? I guess so? You probably know better than I do. One thing I know for sure though is that at that age there was simply no way the Rooney's and their tight pocket books were gonna pay him what he got from the NYJ. The second they didn't get something done last year we all knew Fan was gone. Him not holding out speaks volumes to his awesome character and I know Jets fans will love him

Yep 32. The contract would put him at 38....39 by the end of the season if he finishes out the contract.

If Faneca is with the Jets for all 6 years, he won't be starting at the tail-end of that contract.

keys2aFranchise
03-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Jets really improved OLine this offseason.

Snipes16
03-06-2008, 07:15 PM
If you thought the Jets overpaid for Faneca then what about Damien Woody? 5 years -30 million for him ( guessing 10-12 mill, guaranteed) Wasn't he part of the problem in Motown?

I like the Faneca signing but no woody over Woody.

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I suppose there isn't a better time thannow to start talking NFL again - with hockey over and camps beginning.

Source: Rich Cimini, New York Daily News
If one had to declare a winner today in the quest to be the Jets starting QB, he would have to choose Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) by default. Cimini notes that QB Kellen Clemens (http://www.footballguys.com/ClemKe00-1.php) "really struggled", throwing one interception in a seven-on-seven drill, and tossing another pick in 11-on-11. At one point, OC Brian Schottenheimer criticized Clemens, who worked with the first team. Perhaps more alarming than the interceptions, Cimini exclaims, was Clemens' penchant for holding the ball. He ate the ball on three plays in the 7-on-7s, pulling it down and trying to scramble. On another note, rookie QB Erik Ainge (http://www.footballguys.com/AingEr00-1.php) (broken pinky) still isn't throwing.

Here we go again in Jetland... The revolving QB issue. A little too early to name a #1, but this is the 3rd or 4th report that I have seen/read claiming Pennington will be/should be the #1.

dw13
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying you've seen that much to make Chad the starter. It is completely up in the air. Myself, I'd take Chad because of the team we will be putting infront of him. Possibly a top8 defense, with the new playmakers on offense. We have no excuse to be not in contention for the playoffs. Our CB spot is still up in the air, but if Miller can step in and play like the freak of an athlete he is, we will be in fine shape with Lowery, Poteat and Barrett to add to Miller and Revis.

The first 4 weeks of our season will tell the story completely, Miami, NE, SD and Arizona. I'm looking for Chad to beat out Kellen in camp, and for us to be selecting a QB early next year, possibly 1st round depending on Ainges progress over the year.

King_Killah
07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying you've seen that much to make Chad the starter. It is completely up in the air. Myself, I'd take Chad because of the team we will be putting infront of him. Possibly a top8 defense, with the new playmakers on offense. We have no excuse to be not in contention for the playoffs. Our CB spot is still up in the air, but if Miller can step in and play like the freak of an athlete he is, we will be in fine shape with Lowery, Poteat and Barrett to add to Miller and Revis.

The first 4 weeks of our season will tell the story completely, Miami, NE, SD and Arizona. I'm looking for Chad to beat out Kellen in camp, and for us to be selecting a QB early next year, possibly 1st round depending on Ainges progress over the year.

At the time of that last post, yes there were 3 or 4 stories showing Pennington as the likely starter. Since then, just about every article about the Jets focusing on their QB issues all lean Pennington to start.

Playoff contention???? We are still talking about the Jets???? OK, their defense may have improved somewhat, but where is the offense coming from?

The first four weeks can easily show the Jets being 0-4. Opening at Miami, a game that everyone expects the Jets to win... I HAVE THE DOLPHINS WINNING this one sending the lowly Jets back home just to get anally raped by the Patriots. The Pats will send the Jets out west where they will get run up on again falling to 0-3. Now they are in a dilemma. Go home and face an Arizona team that should be turning the corner finally. Arizona comes to New Jersey and smacks the Jets on their ass. 0-4. Luckily, the Jets go into a bye week. Come out of the bye week and get Cincy at home, go to Oakland, then get KC at home. Three winable games. All in all...it will be an ugly season for Jets fans.

dw13
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
At the time of that last post, yes there were 3 or 4 stories showing Pennington as the likely starter. Since then, just about every article about the Jets focusing on their QB issues all lean Pennington to start.

Playoff contention???? We are still talking about the Jets???? OK, their defense may have improved somewhat, but where is the offense coming from?

The first four weeks can easily show the Jets being 0-4. Opening at Miami, a game that everyone expects the Jets to win... I HAVE THE DOLPHINS WINNING this one sending the lowly Jets back home just to get anally raped by the Patriots. The Pats will send the Jets out west where they will get run up on again falling to 0-3. Now they are in a dilemma. Go home and face an Arizona team that should be turning the corner finally. Arizona comes to New Jersey and smacks the Jets on their ass. 0-4. Luckily, the Jets go into a bye week. Come out of the bye week and get Cincy at home, go to Oakland, then get KC at home. Three winable games. All in all...it will be an ugly season for Jets fans.

We are a season away from winning 10 games, including a win at my guess "Your Patriots"

Your crazy if you think we go to Miami and lose. We do not lose there, we won't lose there. We are much better than them. We also will be in with the Patriots, we ALWAYS are.

We have the patriot killer recipe now in the seam running Tightend, and the studs upfront, on both sides of the ball. We have huge upfront with our front 7, and we will overpower on both sides of the ball this year. If Brick comes together like he has this offseason, playing around 320. We will have one of the best left sides of the O line in the league. Faneca, Brick, Mangold. All-3 are probowl type players. Also, with Revis become a top5 corner in the league, he is shut down completely. He was a top5 corner the second half of his rookie season. JMiller could possibly fill a huge hole in the secondary to go along with the Second best Safety in the league. Kerry Rhodes.

Yes, I said playoff contention. Sadly enough, 10 games is how much you have to win to get into the playoffs in the tough AFC.

You don't read about the Jets, don't talk about our QB situation. Its in the air right now, no one is a favorite. Fanbase mostly wants Clemens gun of an arm, and his obvious pose in the 4th quarter.

Myself, I want Chad because I know he can lead us to the playoffs with a team infront of him. (and behind him, LEON and TJ)

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 07:54 AM
We are a season away from winning 10 games, including a win at my guess "Your Patriots"

A season away... That's not this season. My Patriots??? You couldn't be more wrong if you were FlyGuy. They aren't my Patriots. Sorry.

Your crazy if you think we go to Miami and lose. We do not lose there, we won't lose there. We are much better than them. We also will be in with the Patriots, we ALWAYS are.

I may be crazy, but I also do win more than I lose when betting on football. And I am all over the Phins in this one. Just for the mere fact, that you and everyone else are of the same mindset. You know what this game is like?? Its like that inaugural Houston Texans game, when they played Dallas and everyone and their mother and sister said Dallas was going to win, except for yours truly. Same thing... Miami wins this game, straight up.

We have the patriot killer recipe now in the seam running Tightend, and the studs upfront, on both sides of the ball. We have huge upfront with our front 7, and we will overpower on both sides of the ball this year. If Brick comes together like he has this offseason, playing around 320. We will have one of the best left sides of the O line in the league. Faneca, Brick, Mangold. All-3 are probowl type players. Also, with Revis become a top5 corner in the league, he is shut down completely. He was a top5 corner the second half of his rookie season. JMiller could possibly fill a huge hole in the secondary to go along with the Second best Safety in the league. Kerry Rhodes.

As long as Mangini is running the show... You don't have a Patriot killer recipe. He sucks. The Jets will be at the bottom of "your" division.

Yes, I said playoff contention. Sadly enough, 10 games is how much you have to win to get into the playoffs in the tough AFC.

If it takes 10 wins to get into playoff contention, then you won't be sniffing it this year.

You don't read about the Jets, don't talk about our QB situation. Its in the air right now, no one is a favorite. Fanbase mostly wants Clemens gun of an arm, and his obvious pose in the 4th quarter.

Tell me what I do and don't do. Good for you. I just report them as I see them. Fanbase also wants Brady Quinn in Cleveland. Exception this time is "your" fanbase is right. The Jets should start Clemens. He is the better of the two QBs.

Myself, I want Chad because I know he can lead us to the playoffs with a team infront of him. (and behind him, LEON and TJ)

TJ...haha. He is still a good back. He should surpass that incredible number of TDs he scored last year. What was it, 1 rushing - maybe 1 receiving. Leon Washington. I love him on the return. I don't love him if he ever has to be a #1 back, just like that other piece of shit you had in there as the #2, what was his name - LaMont Jordan.

I wish you and the NY Jets luck this season. At this point, but I am almost having a hard time seeing the Jets having a better record than the Raiders. In fact, without really looking at the schedules in great depth, I see 6 wins... Sorry!

FlyGuy78
07-02-2008, 08:53 AM
I gotta agree with King on this one. The Jets just flat out suck. It doesn't matter if Chad "I'm sure to ruin this game somehow" Pennington starts or Clemens, who should be the starter since Chad has had plenty of time to fuck up. I think the Jets need about 2 more years until they are playoff ready.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I gotta agree with King on this one. The Jets just flat out suck. It doesn't matter if Chad "I'm sure to ruin this game somehow" Pennington starts or Clemens, who should be the starter since Chad has had plenty of time to fuck up. I think the Jets need about 2 more years until they are playoff ready.

Clemens has the ability and game to be a pretty decent QB. I also like Ainge somewhat. I don't think Pennington has anything left outside of a back-up QB and one that doesn't have to play more than a game.

I really am not trying to shit on the Jets... I just don't see anything positive coming out of this season. I will agree 2 years should be the turn around.

FlyGuy78
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
It wouldn't hurt to add some OFFENSIVE playmakers. I will say that their DEF is not that bad, but they need more playmakers on the O-side of the ball. Cotchery, Coles, and Jones just aren't that great.

two24four
07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I also agree that the Jets are at least two years away from seeing the playoff's.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
It wouldn't hurt to add some OFFENSIVE playmakers. I will say that their DEF is not that bad, but they need more playmakers on the O-side of the ball. Cotchery, Coles, and Jones just aren't that great.

That is what I was saying. Where is the offense?? Jones is OK. Coles, not sure if he has another 1000 yard season in him. Cotchery is OK. But that's it, just OK.

If the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets open the season with Pennington as their starter, they are taking a huge step or two backwards. Let Clemens start. Let him take the bumps and bruises. Let him really get a feel instead of worrying if he plays bad, he'll get yanked. I think the Jets still feel Clemens has the tools, otherwise I think they would have gone with a QB sooner than the 5th round.

dw13
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't want Pats fan even saying a lick about the Jets. Especially when you have no clue what is happening in Jets Camp. Have fun having one of your oldies turn and run with Keller up the seam this year, he will do the same thing Dallas Clark does to your oldmen back there.

As for TJ, did you see our O-Line last year? 2 Of them are not even in the league anymore. People said the same thing for the Jets when Mangini first arrived here "he won't win 6 games" yeah well we went into NE and beat Brady down.

He finally has his people in for his 3-4, and we have the trenches filled. No one said Leon was a #1 back, what I did say is he averaged almost 6 yards a touch out of the backfield, and I'll take that any day of the week for a change of pass back. We will take both from Miami like we do just about every year, we will take 1 of 2 from Buffalo. I won't call the NE games because its going to be hell both ways, I know a Pats fan can admit to that.

Why would we choose a QB sooner than the 5th round? After Flacco, Ryan, Henne, Brohm it was a huge fall to everyone else in the draft. We can't give up on Clemens yet after using a 2nd rounder on him 3 years ago. He is having to earn his spot, and yes if he loses out and Chad plays this season. Regardless of how we do, we will be looking to draft a QB real early next year.

It's all good though, I can't believe anyone can even say a word about the Jets, you guys must read an article a year and feel like you know where we sit.

Have fun with that back 4 of Sanders, Harrison, Hobbs and Webster. And your 40 year old Backers, your time is coming don't worry.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't want Pats fan even saying a lick about the Jets. Especially when you have no clue what is happening in Jets Camp. Have fun having one of your oldies turn and run with Keller up the seam this year, he will do the same thing Dallas Clark does to your oldmen back there.

Again, boss... Not a Pats fan. I have a big clue of what is going on in all camps. Its something I pay attention to more than most. Therefore when I have pertinent info to share, it gets posted. As far as Keller goes. Haha... I wouldn't quite compare him to Dallas Clark just yet.

As for TJ, did you see our O-Line last year? 2 Of them are not even in the league anymore. People said the same thing for the Jets when Mangini first arrived here "he won't win 6 games" yeah well we went into NE and beat Brady down.

Yeah I saw your o-line last year. Like I said, TJ is OK. Mangini is a piece of crap. He'll be fired next year. Beat Brady down??? You can't be referring to the '06 game when the Jets managed to squeak a 17-14 win in a game that Tom Brady still threw for 250 yards/

He finally has his people in for his 3-4, and we have the trenches filled. No one said Leon was a #1 back, what I did say is he averaged almost 6 yards a touch out of the backfield, and I'll take that any day of the week for a change of pass back. We will take both from Miami like we do just about every year, we will take 1 of 2 from Buffalo. I won't call the NE games because its going to be hell both ways, I know a Pats fan can admit to that.

LaMont Jordan did the same thing as Leon Washington. If something happens to Jones and Washington has to start all the time, he'll be shit. I like him as a #2 and I like him on the return teams. I'll say you split the Buffalo games and Miami games and get swept by New England.

Why would we choose a QB sooner than the 5th round? After Flacco, Ryan, Henne, Brohm it was a huge fall to everyone else in the draft. We can't give up on Clemens yet after using a 2nd rounder on him 3 years ago. He is having to earn his spot, and yes if he loses out and Chad plays this season. Regardless of how we do, we will be looking to draft a QB real early next year.

I never said they needed to draft a QB sooner than the 5th. I am saying that the Jets still like what Clemens has to offer which is why they didn't. If they didn't still have something for Clemens they would have made a move to get a QB earlier.

It's all good though, I can't believe anyone can even say a word about the Jets, you guys must read an article a year and feel like you know where we sit.

Are you serious??? Seriously???

Have fun with that back 4 of Sanders, Harrison, Hobbs and Webster. And your 40 year old Backers, your time is coming don't worry.

Pats will still own the division for the next three years. After that, Buffalo will give them fits. Miami will also creep into the picture. The Jets at best are two years out from being some kind of contention.

dw13
07-02-2008, 12:55 PM
LaMont Jordan did not do the same thing as Leon, Curtis got every single touch in the backfield every year Jordan was there. We hated his work ethic and let him go for nothing. And once again, your lack of Jets knowledge lets you down. Even if we only win 6 games this year, or shit, we win 4 this year like last.. Mangini will not be fired.. Tangini will be together for atleast the next 2 seasons, winning or losing. We beat them 17-14 and Brady had 2 turnovers, and was sacked numerous times in the rain at home.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
LaMont Jordan did not do the same thing as Leon, Curtis got every single touch in the backfield every year Jordan was there. We hated his work ethic and let him go for nothing. And once again, your lack of Jets knowledge lets you down. Even if we only win 6 games this year, or shit, we win 4 this year like last.. Mangini will not be fired.. Tangini will be together for atleast the next 2 seasons, winning or losing. We beat them 17-14 and Brady had 2 turnovers, and was sacked numerous times in the rain at home.

No, you are right... Jordan didn't do the same thing as Leon. He was actually better. (Fly, go grab the toilet paper, I know you just shit your pants) In '04 Jordan averaged 5.2 a carry. Which was enough for the Raiders to bring him in as their number one and enough for Fly to suck him off day in and day out. I never liked Jordan. I always thought he was a glorified back-up at best. But YOU mentioned Leon Washington like he is the next almighty, almost in the same tone as Fly spoke about Jordan. Now, Jordan's last season with the Jets he averaged 5.2, he ran the ball 93 times for 479 yards where as Washington only ran 71 times for 353 yards, averaging 5.0, so Jordan was the better of the two.

Lack of Jets knowledge. Once again... are you serious? Seriously? I ask you.

Mangini sucks. If the Jets win 6 games, he'll be lucky.

That 17-14 game where Pennington threw for an amazing 160 yards and had a pick himself??? Yeah...beat down. Mmmm... can't stand it. Not to mention that was a Patriots team with ZERO wide receivers. You are such a goof... You make me laugh though!

FlyGuy78
07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
If there is one thing I have learned since I met King Killah in real life (about what, 10 years now) is that you NEVER question his football knowledge. This I have learned many times! :D

Plus, the Jets just suck and if they come close to beating the Pats it's not because they are good, it's because most division games aren't blowouts.

dw13
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
No, you are right... Jordan didn't do the same thing as Leon. He was actually better. (Fly, go grab the toilet paper, I know you just shit your pants) In '04 Jordan averaged 5.2 a carry. Which was enough for the Raiders to bring him in as their number one and enough for Fly to suck him off day in and day out. I never liked Jordan. I always thought he was a glorified back-up at best. But YOU mentioned Leon Washington like he is the next almighty, almost in the same tone as Fly spoke about Jordan. Now, Jordan's last season with the Jets he averaged 5.2, he ran the ball 93 times for 479 yards where as Washington only ran 71 times for 353 yards, averaging 5.0, so Jordan was the better of the two.

Lack of Jets knowledge. Once again... are you serious? Seriously? I ask you.

Mangini sucks. If the Jets win 6 games, he'll be lucky.

That 17-14 game where Pennington threw for an amazing 160 yards and had a pick himself??? Yeah...beat down. Mmmm... can't stand it. Not to mention that was a Patriots team with ZERO wide receivers. You are such a goof... You make me laugh though!

Leon averaged 5.0 behind a line that has 2 starters that are no longer in the league, we released and no one picked them up.

The year your talking about, I think it was 2004 for LaMont, when we had argueably one of the best lines in football. The FEAR line, we lost that season to the Steelers in Hienz field on a duffed FG at the end of regulation. He also was the backup to one of the top5 backs in NFL History. LaMonts lack of effort in practice and offseason has cost him two jobs.

Leon isn't a featured back, I never said that. But for a change of pace back, I'd take him over many.

17-14 is 17-14, doesn't matter if Chad had 10 yards or 200 yards, it doesn't matter.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Leon averaged 5.0 behind a line that has 2 starters that are no longer in the league, we released and no one picked them up.

The year your talking about, I think it was 2004 for LaMont, when we had argueably one of the best lines in football. The FEAR line, we lost that season to the Steelers in Hienz field on a duffed FG at the end of regulation. He also was the backup to one of the top5 backs in NFL History. LaMonts lack of effort in practice and offseason has cost him two jobs.

Leon isn't a featured back, I never said that. But for a change of pace back, I'd take him over many.

17-14 is 17-14, doesn't matter if Chad had 10 yards or 200 yards, it doesn't matter.

I'd take Leon on my special teams units anyday of the week. I am not saying or have I ever said LaMont Jordan is anything spectacular. In fact, I have said numerous times over the exact opposite. I was just pointing out numbers because of your statement on Leon Washington. That's all.

I agree 17-14 is 17-14 regardless of 10 yards or 200. Not questioning that at all. I was just pointing out that you made it sound like Tom Brady was horrific, but Chad Pennington was no better. I actually remember that game pretty vividly. It was a nice $200 loss on that game.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
If there is one thing I have learned since I met King Killah in real life (about what, 10 years now) is that you NEVER question his football knowledge. This I have learned many times! :D

Plus, the Jets just suck and if they come close to beating the Pats it's not because they are good, it's because most division games aren't blowouts.

10 years and you are still alive.....holy shit! :lol:

dw13
07-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I'd take Leon on my special teams units anyday of the week. I am not saying or have I ever said LaMont Jordan is anything spectacular. In fact, I have said numerous times over the exact opposite. I was just pointing out numbers because of your statement on Leon Washington. That's all.

I agree 17-14 is 17-14 regardless of 10 yards or 200. Not questioning that at all. I was just pointing out that you made it sound like Tom Brady was horrific, but Chad Pennington was no better. I actually remember that game pretty vividly. It was a nice $200 loss on that game.

What site do you bet on?

b_illin
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM

Um, no.

Edit: as in there is no way Curtis Martin is a top 5 back in the history of the NFL!

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 06:37 PM
What site do you bet on?

SportsInteraction

You throw down?

dw13
07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
SportsInteraction

You throw down?

Every day, I use Sportsbook though. Dull time of year with it only being baseball up though.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Every day, I use Sportsbook though. Dull time of year with it only being baseball up though.

Tell me about it! How are you doing in baseball?? I can pick a side, but the over/unders...I think I hit once out of 12 times.

dw13
07-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Tell me about it! How are you doing in baseball?? I can pick a side, but the over/unders...I think I hit once out of 12 times.

o/u's are incredibly difficult and normally come back to bite.

I'm up nearly 500 in baseball this season, I haven't bet too hardcore like I did last year and years before. I'm all about NFL / College ball, I'm money there. I cashed out over 1000 dollars last year on both at the end of the year. I also enjoy throwing some Soccer Games when its in season.

King_Killah
07-03-2008, 12:18 PM
o/u's are incredibly difficult and normally come back to bite.

I'm up nearly 500 in baseball this season, I haven't bet too hardcore like I did last year and years before. I'm all about NFL / College ball, I'm money there. I cashed out over 1000 dollars last year on both at the end of the year. I also enjoy throwing some Soccer Games when its in season.

Nice... Yeah, NFL I can usually work some magic. College Hoops is actually my next best play. Then College football. MLB, NHL, NBA I take here and there.

dw13
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Nice... Yeah, NFL I can usually work some magic. College Hoops is actually my next best play. Then College football. MLB, NHL, NBA I take here and there.

Yeah Hoops is another good one. I dominated NFL and College Football, actually its sick, and I start betting incredible amounts of money, which I shouldn't haha. I love the time of season though. I'm sitting at the Swamp and have my phone up and checking the big scoreboard 24/7 haha

King_Killah
07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah Hoops is another good one. I dominated NFL and College Football, actually its sick, and I start betting incredible amounts of money, which I shouldn't haha. I love the time of season though. I'm sitting at the Swamp and have my phone up and checking the big scoreboard 24/7 haha

I know what you mean... I am usually at a bar that has all the games on. A group of us usually are there from the pregame shows all the way through the post game shows of the 4:00pm games. We usually have a laptop up there and everything. Gotta keep track of fantasy and betting.

dw13
07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I know what you mean... I am usually at a bar that has all the games on. A group of us usually are there from the pregame shows all the way through the post game shows of the 4:00pm games. We usually have a laptop up there and everything. Gotta keep track of fantasy and betting.

Yeah its sick. Saturdays, if its a home game here at UF.. I'm sitting at the Swamp all day long prolly 9am to end of the game whatever time it may be.

Sundays, I'm infront of my Sunday NFL ticket, laptop next to me flicking channels constantly. (when the Jets are not on, I'm normally in tears if they are)

King_Killah
07-10-2008, 02:15 PM
As training camp nears, the New York Jets find themselves to be one of many teams with a quarterback battle on their hands with Pennington leading the way. However, in Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php)'s case, his battle with strong-armed, third-year pro Kellen Clemens (http://www.footballguys.com/ClemKe00-1.php) has prompted him to reinvent the way he throws the football. "The biggest point of emphasis for me right now is I'm changing mechanical issues with my throwing motion," Pennington said after a recent workout. "I really went back and studied it, and I want to really focus on it to where I gain more consistency with my throws, be more consistent with the velocity and really take it to the next level."

Now this is kinda scary... When a veteran QB has to make mechanics changes. Give the ball to Clemens!

King_Killah
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
New York Jets beat writer Mark Cannizzaro speculates that the Jets are secretly hoping that QB Kellen Clemens (http://www.footballguys.com/ClemKe00-1.php) beats out former started Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) to be the starting QB. Pennington lost his starting job to Clemens last season.

See now this is just stupid. If the Jets want Clemens to win the job, why don't they just give him the job and let him work. The best experience is on the job experience. He will gain so much more on the field than on the sidelines.

dw13
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Now this is kinda scary... When a veteran QB has to make mechanics changes. Give the ball to Clemens!

He has done this every season for the past 3 seasons. Always trying to improve his motion.

dw13
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
See now this is just stupid. If the Jets want Clemens to win the job, why don't they just give him the job and let him work. The best experience is on the job experience. He will gain so much more on the field than on the sidelines.

Of course we want the young kid to be able to win it and stand out, I just don't know if he can do it. I do hope he can if he wins the job, but I'm not against Chad either.:scared:

dw13
07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
So we've been totally bashed by the rest of the NFL for signing Pace to a mega deal with over $20 Mill in gurantees over the 1st 2 years (Yikes!). A lot people might say "what the hell has a guy who had only 6.5 sacks the previous year done to deserve this deal?"

Well I picked up a copy of PFP from the football outsiders . These are the guys, along with K.C Joyner, that track pretty much every detail in every game and chart minute stats. Its really great stuff and I highly recommend it. Anyway I was reading up on the Jets section of the book and looked up some interesting stats on Calvin Pace.

Pace was the number 1 ranked LB in coverage. He was thrown at 17 times last season and had a 77% success rate. To put that in perspective Vilma who is well known for his ability in coverage only had a 54% success rate while being thrown at 14 times. Other notbables are Dallas Cowboy OLB Demarcus Ware who is noted for being the most complete 3-4 OLB in both pass rushing and coverage but even he did not stack up to Pace's production as he had only a 46% Success being thrown at 8 times. A.J Hawk who is highly touted for his ability in coverage had an impressive 62% Success but it still doesn't match Pace's rate.

In addition he put up ridiculously good numbers in what analysts consider the most important stat in determing how good a player is in coverage which is 3.5 Yards per pass completed (PaYd). Which means Pace snuffed out any completed pass plays very quickly and didn't get burned by TEs. Compared to Wares 5.0 (PaYd) and Hawk's 4.8 (PaYd).

As for his pass rushing abilities which we paid him the big bucks for...6.5 sacks might not seem great but looking at the big picture he brough ALOT of pressure although he was not the one to take down the QB. Pace totaled 15 QB hurries which is more than Shawn Merriman (6), Osi Umenyiora (13), and tied with Michael Strahan (15). To go along with 4 hits on the QB after the play which is also important (always make sure you get that opposing QB's jersey dirty).

His best ability maybe on running downs as he tallied a ridiculous 25 *defeats* on running plays. To put that in perspective the 2nd closest guy on the Jets roster to that total last year would be David Harris with 17, Bryan Thomas finished with 11. It also puts in him very close to the Elite 3-4 OLB such as Ware who tallied 34 and Merriman 30.

At first glance it seems like an out of character signing but when looking it over its clear Mike T and Mangini did their homework on this guy.

b_illin
07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Is Washington going to be a key return guy again this year? In one of my keepers, he was the #13 RB last year because of the settings (see below)

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (25 yards per point; 4 points at 100 yards)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
Tackle Solo (1)
Tackle Assist (0.5)
Sack (2)
Interception (3)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (3)
Pass Defended (1.5)
Block Kick (3)

Leon Washington (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7866)
RUSH
Yds 353 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=9)
TD 3 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=10)
PASS
Rec 36 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=11)
Yds 213 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=12)
TD 0 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=13)
RETURN
Yds 1474 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=14)
TD 3 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=15)
2PT 1 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=16)
Lost 2 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=18)
Fan Pts 201 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/1230/playersearch?status=&pos=&cut_type=33&stat1=S_S_2007&search=washington&sort=PTS)

FlyGuy78
07-18-2008, 06:28 PM
yes, washington is going to most likely return kicks and punts.

dw13
07-19-2008, 01:01 AM
He will be the main returner of both if Justin Miller doesn't win the #2 CB Job(which he will) and if he doesn't, I could see a little splitting action and going with the hot hand.

I'd expect Washington to be returning just about everything though.

King_Killah
07-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Jets coach Eric Mangini says he has no timetable as to when he'll make a decision on the QB starter. He said he will split the reps 50-50 in practice but isn't sure how he'll play Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) and Kellen Clemens (http://www.footballguys.com/ClemKe00-1.php) during preseason games.
Since the Jets appear to be focused on winning now, Pennington should be the choice, especially with the team looking to run the ball more. With pass protection and a running game, Pennington has proven he can win in the NFL despite his off year last season (10 TDs, nine INTs and 1-7 record as a starter).

Clemens played well in his first NFL start but struggled the rest of his time as a starter (five TDs, 10 INTs and a 3-5 record as a starter). The Jets QBs struggled behind a patchwork offensive line. That shouldn't be the case this season.

"The (decision) is really based on who we think is going to be able to lead the team and do the best job," Mangini said.

Back and forth... If the team feels like they have a shot at being competitive, I say Pennington gets the starting spot, if they feel like they'll need to look to the future, I am guessing they'll go Clemens.

dw13
07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Its getting to the point KK where I'm driving myself up a wall with this. I'm pretty sure it has to be Pennington, I've read some really bad reports from Clemens but then again, we all saw Chad last year. Idk, I'm pulling for Chad because I think our defense could make such a giant stride this year we could be very competitive. (Revis, Rhodes, Harris, Gholsten) thats a nice 4 building blocks.

dw13
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Gholsten signed at around 9mill a year.

PMStick
07-28-2008, 05:11 AM
I would love to see the Jets pluck Favre for this year...I like Pennington's character but the poor guy can't do shit in the NFL after those rotator surgeries. Sounds like Clemens isn't ready either...Why not go with Favre, at least it'll be fun to watch... I think the Jets receiving core is underrated especially Cotchery who's career has been spent waiting for passes from Chad to land...let's get a veteran in here to run the offense.

Being a Mets and Jets fan is frustrating, I don't like the decisions the higher-ups on either team makes...I have a feeling Mangini's act will wear thin this year and he'll join the ranks of Willie Randolph.

Living in the Boston sports territory worsens this frustration because I'm seeing all four of those Boston organizations doing everything right.

FlyGuy78
07-28-2008, 07:08 AM
I just don't see Favre wanting to go to the Jets and have to play NE twice in one year.

dw13
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I just don't see Favre wanting to go to the Jets and have to play NE twice in one year.

you crack me up.

two24four
07-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Yeah Favre has said he would like to talk to other teams as well, not just the Jets and Bucs, I really think he wants to play in Minny pretty bad from everything I read.

dw13
07-28-2008, 11:53 AM
With Brett Favre trade unlikely, Chad Pennington's armed for the job
By RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 12:47 PM

Weissman for News

Chad Pennington is looking like Jets' No. 1 quarterback - so long as a certain No. 4 doesn't land in Hempstead.
Three days into training camp, the Jets' quarterback competition has evolved into a three-way battle:

Chad Pennington vs. Kellen Clemens vs. the specter of Brett Favre.

Pennington is beating Clemens soundly, but everything could change with one phone call - a call that hasn't happened, and may never happen.

The Jets haven't removed themselves from the Favre sweepstakes, the Daily News has learned, but several sources yesterday described the team's chances of acquiring him as unlikely.

As of last night, the Jets, with permission from the Packers to speak with Favre, still hadn't contacted the future Hall of Famer. A person close to Favre, quoted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, said a trade to the Jets was "doubtful."

The Buccaneers also remain linked to Favre, but they're playing it coy. They also received permission from the Packers to speak with him, but they have yet to do so, according to a Bucs source.

The Favre soap opera, which has gripped Green Bay, Tampa and New York, has reached a lull. The next move apparently belongs to Favre, who reportedly told the Packers he's planning to report to training camp. But, as of yesterday, the retired quarterback still had not applied for reinstatement with the NFL.

Meanwhile, Favre's presence was felt everywhere at Jets camp, which entered Day 2 of Brett Watch. Pennington, realizing he can't compete with an invisible legend, acknowledged his days in New York would be over if the Jets somehow pulled off the trade.

"Yeah, absolutely, that's definitely a possibility," Pennington told The News after the morning practice at Hofstra. "Shoot, ever since last year" - when he was benched - "it's always been in limbo. I've kind of grown accustomed to it over the past year."

Clemens received a heavy dose of the Favre factor. When he sailed a pass out of bounds, a fan yelled, "We want Favre." Clemens fumbled a snap near the goal line and was forced to take a penalty lap around the field, but he lucked out. As he ran past the packed bleachers, there was loud music blaring from the sideline speakers, sparing him a dose of verbal abuse.

"You have to protect the football," Eric Mangini said later to reporters, chiding Clemens. "The snap is the most basic play in football."

Adhering to the organization's tight-lipped approach, Mangini refused again to comment on the Favre reports. He seemed almost annoyed when the topic was raised in his daily news conference.

Pennington insisted he isn't bothered by the speculation, although he admitted harboring fleeting thoughts of requesting a trade.

"I'd be lying if I said those emotions never come up. They do," he said, quickly adding that he "absolutely" wants to remain a Jet.

"To me, the best scenario would be for me to finish my career as a Jet," he said. "In this league, with so much change, to say you played for one team, it's quite an accomplishment."

After a slow start, Pennington has looked sharp in recent practices, seemingly showing more velocity than in the past. He'll never have a big arm, but he tweaked his mechanics in the offseason, and maybe he is starting to see the dividends. He ended the morning practice with a 68-yard touchdown pass to Brad Smith.

Pennington is so determined to improve his mechanics that he holds clandestine throwing sessions at night. On Thursday, around 8:30, he repaired to a practice field and fired 40 passes to a couple of staffers. He threw until it was dark.

Ever the perfectionist, Pennington said he is still "not as consistent as I want to be." But he remains a fan favorite.

As he signed autographs after practice, he was drawn into a conversation about Favre. Pennington, in a playful mood, reminded the fans that he kicked Favre's butt the last time he faced the Packers - a 38-10 victory at Lambeau Field in 2006. His audience laughed.

"And it was 31-0 at halftime," Pennington said, smiling at the memory.

There it is

PMStick
07-28-2008, 03:07 PM
...great another year of getting laughed at for wearing my Jets gear...PENNINGTON CAN'T THROW A FOOTBALL HOW DO CHOOSE A QUARTERBACK THAT CAN'T THROW AGAINST NFL DEFENSES? I can't believe the Jets have not spent more time taking care of this issue which will boil over this year...they traded up during the 2007 NFL draft and I was swearing when they didn't draft Brady Quinn. We need a fuckin quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes dimensions away from the offense making it predictable...it's gonna be a long season of three-and-outs. All the talent in the world doesn't matter when your D is always on the field because your offense is getting snubbed all the time...Leon Washington returning punts and kickoffs will be our best chance of scoring of offense?? When teams have shit years they make adjustments...I couldn't stand watching them play into the hands of defenses last year under Pennington...teams easily made adjustments knowing well he wasn't going deep. Same thing?

Awful, 3-13 awful. Lowest point total in the NFL awful.

I hope I eat this post later but I sincerely do not like what is being put on the field.

dw13
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
...great another year of getting laughed at for wearing my Jets gear...PENNINGTON CAN'T THROW A FOOTBALL HOW DO CHOOSE A QUARTERBACK THAT CAN'T THROW AGAINST NFL DEFENSES? I can't believe the Jets have not spent more time taking care of this issue which will boil over this year...they traded up during the 2007 NFL draft and I was swearing when they didn't draft Brady Quinn. We need a fuckin quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes dimensions away from the offense making it predictable...it's gonna be a long season of three-and-outs. All the talent in the world doesn't matter when your D is always on the field because your offense is getting snubbed all the time...Leon Washington returning punts and kickoffs will be our best chance of scoring of offense?? When teams have shit years they make adjustments...I couldn't stand watching them play into the hands of defenses last year under Pennington...teams easily made adjustments knowing well he wasn't going deep. Same thing?

Awful, 3-13 awful. Lowest point total in the NFL awful.

I hope I eat this post later but I sincerely do not like what is being put on the field.

You must not be a huge Jets fan. Our Defense is absolutely looking awesome so far in camp, and our front 7 is giant now. Our Defense will keep us in games, and our run game should resemble 2002/2004 with the in-your-face style upfront.

Chad gives us the best chance to win, and he will give us the best shot to win.

PMStick
07-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Chad gives us the best chance to win, and he will give us the best shot to win.

Best shot to beat who? Hofstra?

Watch how a great defense looks in the fourth quarter after being on the field for the entire game. Management has to take care of the QB situation I don't care about a great defense. Pennington's a liability.

Spartan
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Does Jehuu Caulcrick have a shot at making the team as a short yardage back or fullback? Just curious if any Jets fans have info on his progress or lack thereof so far.

dw13
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Does Jehuu Caulcrick have a shot at making the team as a short yardage back or fullback? Just curious if any Jets fans have info on his progress or lack thereof so far.

Caulcrick has been a monster in camp, he will make the team. He will be a FB behind Richardson, and is the future FB of this team. He will also get short yardage touches.

dw13
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Best shot to beat who? Hofstra?

Watch how a great defense looks in the fourth quarter after being on the field for the entire game. Management has to take care of the QB situation I don't care about a great defense. Pennington's a liability.

Pennington has always been successful with a team infront of him, which we do have now. I fully expect Pennington to put us in the best position to win games this year.

Spartan
07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Caulcrick has been a monster in camp, he will make the team. He will be a FB behind Richardson, and is the future FB of this team. He will also get short yardage touches.Great to hear, if you get a chance look up his background story about what he went through to escape Liberia and come the US. Great kid and a truly inspirational story.

dw13
07-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Great to hear, if you get a chance look up his background story about what he went through to escape Liberia and come the US. Great kid and a truly inspirational story.

Was posted on the Jets board I am a regular on. Very cool story, we all have been pulling for the kid.

King_Killah
07-31-2008, 05:04 PM
New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) is pitching a shutout through the first four days (six practices) of training camp, and it's looking more and more like the ninth-year pro will be the man behind center for the Jets on opening day in Miami. Pennington has hardly been overwhelming, but Kellen Clemens (http://www.footballguys.com/ClemKe00-1.php) has been a disappointment. Despite starting eight games last season (posting a 3-5 record), Clemens still appears a bit uncomfortable in the pocket and has thrown an interception during 11-on-11 drills in each of the first four days of camp at Hofstra. Pennington hasn't thrown one yet.

Still too early to be picking who will start, but Pennington looks like the guy so far.

dw13
07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Still too early to be picking who will start, but Pennington looks like the guy so far.

Clemens won the battle for the first time today.

Pennington is soundly beating him, although I think they will judge alot on the preseason games.

BTW- Chris Baker is working out and getting close to being a resolved situation.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Clemens won the battle for the first time today.

Pennington is soundly beating him, although I think they will judge alot on the preseason games.

BTW- Chris Baker is working out and getting close to being a resolved situation.

Just read that Baker has given into playing under his current contract.

dw13
08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Just read that Baker has given into playing under his current contract.

Jets 1, Baker 0.

King_Killah
08-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Brett Favre (http://www.footballguys.com/FavrBr00-1.php) got a standing ovation from an overflow crowd that went to great lengths to get a good look at the New York Jets' newest quarterback Saturday. He was cheered again when he completed his first pass of practice.
Jets coach Eric Mangini said Favre will start next Saturday against the Redskins in the team's preseason home opener.

I guess this makes sense.

Favre also seems to be happy again. Before, he felt unwanted in Green Bay and now the mayor are thrilled that he's a Jet. You saw what a happy, kid-like Favre did last year, if he brings this to the field every week, the Jets will be better...still not sniff the post season, but they will be better.

"It's a change," Jets QB Kellen Clemens (http://www.footballguys.com/ClemKe00-1.php) said. "One minute, you're in a quarterback battle and the next minute, it's completely different. There are two ways to look at this. You can get down about it or turn it into a positive. I get to pick the brain of a future Hall of Famer. That chance doesn't come along too often."

Glad to see Clemens take the right approach to the situation.

dw13
08-10-2008, 02:44 PM
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...ry_on_75y.html (http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/08/jets_favre_hit_cotchery_on_75y.html)

Jets' Favre hit Cotchery on 75-yarder ; Also takes penalty lap
by Dave Hutchinson
Sunday August 10, 2008, 12:25 PM
I know some of you are accusing me of love at first sight and having dreams about Brett Favre, but he did it again this morning.

He connected with WR Jerricho Cotchery on a postcard perfect 75-yard TD pass on a go pattern down the left sideline that was completed despite air-tight coverage by CB David Barrett. Folks, I'm not making this stuff up.

Favre hit Cotchery in stride and between the numbers on a ball that traveled 65 yards in the air.

``It was a great ball,'' said Cotchery after practice, the first of two today. ``(Favre) gave me an opportunity to make a play, He put it out there far enough, he put enough air up under it where I could try to run and go get it.''

Although one would perfer Favre save such throws for the regular season, Cotchery said making a connection in practice is the first step.

``Any opportunity I get to make a catch from him when you're developing a new relationship with a quarterback, you have to make plays for him in order for him to have confidence in you,'' said Cotchery. ``That's what I'm trying to do.''

Favre, however, wasn't perfect. He fumbled a snap and he and C Nick Mangold had to run a penalty lap. Yep, the future Hall of Famer ran lap and he's such the rage, it was filmed and posted on You Tube within the hour.

Today's attendance -- 4,000 down from 10,500 on Saturday.

65 yard rope from the Jets? Ain't seen that in decades.

PMStick
08-11-2008, 05:04 AM
65 yard rope from the Jets? Ain't seen that in decades.

Awesome...just awesome...I love this Favre acquisition. I wonder how many 75-yarders the Fins'll have this year. Looks like another 0-16 bid for Miami.

Not to knock Pennington, he's a great guy and will make a great coach but he is not an NFL-caliber player and hasn't been since he tore his rotator (the first time).

But let's let them worry about that on the Miami Dolphins thread and enjoy what we got. Favre takes us from 3-13 and brings us into the playoff picture.

Edit: Cotchery WILL BE MINE this year in fantasy oh yes.

King_Killah
08-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Awesome...just awesome...I love this Favre acquisition. I wonder how many 75-yarders the Fins'll have this year. Looks like another 0-16 bid for Miami.

Not to knock Pennington, he's a great guy and will make a great coach but he is not an NFL-caliber player and hasn't been since he tore his rotator (the first time).

But let's let them worry about that on the Miami Dolphins thread and enjoy what we got. Favre takes us from 3-13 and brings us into the playoff picture.

Edit: Cotchery WILL BE MINE this year in fantasy oh yes.

Easy there PMS.... easy... I can understand the excitement that Favre brings to the team. Favre will bring you from a 3-13 team to perhaps an 8-8 team, but nothing close to the playoff picture. AFC is far too good. Too many teams are better than the Jets that will miss the playoffs also. The Jets have to play the Patriots twice which = two losses. The Jets have to play the Bills twice which = two losses. The Jets have to play the Phins twice which = one loss, yes it WILL be opening day. So that is 1-5 right there... You are telling me the Jets are going to rattle off at least 9 more wins somewhere else. Doubtful.

But Cotchery will be a nice fantasy guy this year.

dw13
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Easy there PMS.... easy... I can understand the excitement that Favre brings to the team. Favre will bring you from a 3-13 team to perhaps an 8-8 team, but nothing close to the playoff picture. AFC is far too good. Too many teams are better than the Jets that will miss the playoffs also. The Jets have to play the Patriots twice which = two losses. The Jets have to play the Bills twice which = two losses. The Jets have to play the Phins twice which = one loss, yes it WILL be opening day. So that is 1-5 right there... You are telling me the Jets are going to rattle off at least 9 more wins somewhere else. Doubtful.

You are completely wrong, stop talking about the Jets record. Keep bringing us Fantasy updates, enough about the Jets record.

dw13
08-11-2008, 11:40 AM
King_Killah, also will you point out why you think the Jets will still be bad this year? What part of the team don't you like?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
In what week does the Madden Curse strike?

I think we should start a $$$ poll.

$10 bucks a pop, 15/16 slots.

Winner takes all!

:D

two24four
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM

I agree with pretty much everything here, I also think at best the Jets go 8-8 with out making the playoffs, I know that's not what Jets fans want to hear, but the AFC is just to tough IMO for them to get into the playoffs.

dw13
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I agree with pretty much everything here, I also think at best the Jets go 8-8 with out making the playoffs, I know that's not what Jets fans want to hear, but the AFC is just to tough IMO for them to get into the playoffs.

Tell me what you don't like about the Jets team? I'm just curious. AFC is too tough for the playoffs, we don't even play tough out of division AFC teams, but ok.

two24four
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Tell me what you don't like about the Jets team? I'm just curious. AFC is too tough for the playoffs, we don't even play tough out of division AFC teams, but ok.

Two things that stick out.......

1.) I dont see the Jets getting into the playoffs over teams like NE, IND, PIT, SD, JAC, CLE, TEN...

2.) I see the Jets losing to Miami x1, NE x2, SD x1, CIN x1 BUF x1, TEN x1, SEA x1, that's 8 L's right there, they could even lose both to BUF, I think BUF get's 2nd spot again in the AFC East.

dw13
08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Two things that stick out.......

1.) I dont see the Jets getting into the playoffs over teams like NE, IND, PIT, SD, JAC, CLE, TEN...

2.) I see the Jets losing to Miami x1, NE x2, SD x1, CIN x1 BUF x1, TEN x1, SEA x1, that's 8 L's right there, they could even lose both to BUF, I think BUF get's 2nd spot again in the AFC East.

We never drop both to Buf, but I agree we will lose one.

We NEVER lose to Miami, we DEFINITELY won't this year, especially where they are placed in our schedule. We will beat Cinci its at home, how you even predict that is beyond me. So thats 10-6, I think we will take one from NE. I also don't see Tennessee beating us. So take one of those 2, thats 11-5. I don't see us winning more than 12 games, I've said it before. 11-5 is what I think we go.

How you include TEN in the playoff picture is quiet weird, if you think they have a better team then the Jets at this point, you are not doing your homework. No division will take 3 teams to the playoffs, just doesn't happen too often.

I guess after 4 weeks of the season we will really see the Jets and what they are worth.

two24four
08-11-2008, 12:28 PM
No division will take 3 teams to the playoffs, just doesn't happen too often.

It happend two times last season...

NFC East.

DAL
NYG
WAS

AFC North
IND
JAC
TEN

Once in 2006

NFC East

PHI
DAL
NYG

dw13
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm a Jets fan but lets be real here. Our front 7 on defense is very, very good, I don't think too many of you can deny that. Our new O-Line has 4 former first round picks, and the left side is absolutely sick. We have the RB's with TJ and Leon(who has been a beast in offseason). Favre back there as the QB, throwing to Keller, Cotch, Coles, Baker, Stuckey, Clowney. So the skill positions are set.

Our special teams ALWAYS ranks in the top3, even if we win 4 games. JMillz back, with Leon, Dwight Lowery and Stuckey all capable of returning.

The only soft spot I can see is our secondary, Revis and Rhodes are probowlers, but our #2 CB (Justin Miller) hasn't lived up to much but has the skill set. Eric Smith or Abram Elam will be a weak spot back there at Safety but they are playing with Rhodes, so.

dw13
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM

NFC East.

DAL
NYG
WAS

AFC North
IND
JAC
TEN

Once in 2006

NFC East

PHI
DAL
NYG

And how many times before that? I'd be surprised if its many

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM

NFC East.

DAL
NYG
WAS

AFC North
IND
JAC
TEN

Once in 2006

NFC East

PHI
DAL
NYG

agree with what you are saying here 24 but just a quick clarification... which I'm sure you actually know but just slipped. AFC North is where the Steelers play. Indy and Jac are in the South division (I believe)

dw13
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
agree with what you are saying here 24 but just a quick clarification... which I'm sure you actually know but just slipped. AFC North is where the Steelers play. Indy and Jac are in the South division (I believe)

I knew what he meant :P

two24four
08-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Yeah I know, I did that up fast.

b_illin
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm secretly hoping somebody says the Jets will be Superbowl champs - this thread is getting dangerously close to Leaf fan dreaming! :D

dw13
08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
From SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/08/10/jets.postcard2/index.html#?eref=T1)
New Face, New Place

No, I'm not going to keep flogging the Favre trade and the parade of stars. This is something to file away for future reference. In a very quiet footnote to the Favre debut, Brett Ratliff, the third QB, was moved up to No.2. He's a big (6-4, 235) strong guy with a rocket arm. Last year he came as a free agent and taxied. Almost cut two times. The coaching staff basically is keeping quiet about this guy, but they have real hopes for him, once the Favre madness has played itself out in a year or two. Almost lost between the arrival of Favre and the bursts of lightning in Cleveland Thursday night was the pair of TD bombs (70 and 71 yards) Ratliff unloaded to David Clowney in the 24-20 win.

b_illin
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
From SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/08/10/jets.postcard2/index.html#?eref=T1)
New Face, New Place

No, I'm not going to keep flogging the Favre trade and the parade of stars. This is something to file away for future reference. In a very quiet footnote to the Favre debut, Brett Ratliff, the third QB, was moved up to No.2. He's a big (6-4, 235) strong guy with a rocket arm. Last year he came as a free agent and taxied. Almost cut two times. The coaching staff basically is keeping quiet about this guy, but they have real hopes for him, once the Favre madness has played itself out in a year or two. Almost lost between the arrival of Favre and the bursts of lightning in Cleveland Thursday night was the pair of TD bombs (70 and 71 yards) Ratliff unloaded to David Clowney in the 24-20 win.

Does this suggest that Clemmens is not in the future plans?

dw13
08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Does this suggest that Clemmens is not in the future plans?

I know for a fact coaching staff was not pleased with Clemens last season, and he hasn't had a great offseason. Its hard for an FO to swallow making a bad selection since he was one of their first, but it might be time we are moving on. Ratliff showed some promise. We will see. Tangini has drafted so well, Clemens is a rare mistake possibly.

dw13
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
COLES DROPS F-BOMB ON ANTI-CHAD FAN
Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2008, 4:40 p.m. EDT

Jets receiver Laveranues Coles has yet to comment publicly on the team’s decision to dump quarterback Chad Pennington and his $12 million salary in favor of quarterback Brett Favre and his $6 million salary.

But at least one Jets fan who wasn’t sad to see Chad go has gotten an earful from Coles.

According to Dan Leberfeld of JetsConfidential.com, Favre threw a deep ball to Coles during practice. (The pass was incomplete due to pass interference by Darrelle Revis.) When Coles went to the sideline after the play to get a drink of water, a fan yelled, “Chad could never throw it that far.”

Coles’ response? “F–k you.”

Nice.

Maybe Coles thought the fan was Aaron Rodgers.

nyihater4life
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Coles and Penne are good friends. Its nice to see he still is sticking up for him..

dw13
08-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Coles and Penne are good friends. Its nice to see he still is sticking up for him..

Bestfriends. Coles isn't a happy camper at the moment.

PMStick
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Favre is just what the doctor ordered...I'm feelin 10-6ish.

We'll split with the Pats and take both from the Bills. I may eat my words here but I don't care this is my first GangGreen fever in a long time...

dw13
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Favre is just what the doctor ordered...I'm feelin 10-6ish.

We'll split with the Pats and take both from the Bills. I may eat my words here but I don't care this is my first GangGreen fever in a long time...

As surprising as it is, I'd say we take both from the Pats than from the Bills, we NEVER do it against the damn Bills. But if we go 3-1 vs. those 2 teams we will win 11 games. I do feel 10 or 11 wins is in the air for the Jets, and I don't predict wins on the Jets too often.

nyihater4life
08-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Im not sure why everyone but Jet fans are saying we have no shot at the playoffs... New York has proved everyone wrong in the past years. From the Rangers making the playoffs while be ranked 30th pre-season to the Giants winning the Super Bowl. Time for the Jets to shine now and prove the critics wrong.

two24four
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow, 1st your going to win 10-11 games, now your going to win both vs the Pats, guess you guys can dream ;):D just dont get your hopes up guys.

KK is going to have a feild day with this one :lol::lol:

phaneuf6
08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Im not sure why everyone but Jet fans are saying we have no shot at the playoffs... New York has proved everyone wrong in the past years. From the Rangers making the playoffs while be ranked 30th pre-season to the Giants winning the Super Bowl. Time for the Jets to shine now and prove the critics wrong.
Not sure how this is relevant. By this logic the Knicks will win the NBA championship next year too.

Can't see the Jets taking both games from the Pats, they'll have a tough enough time taking one. Favre is good but lets not count our chickens before they hatch here people.

nyihater4life
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Saying the Jets will prove everyone wrong is not relevant? What is then from a NYJ fan point of view..?

The point is, anything is possible, which has been proven last year.

FlyGuy78
08-11-2008, 10:06 PM
the fact of the matter is the Jets are a 4-12 team who added a great QB. It doesn't make you a playoff contender let alone SB winner. The Jets are a .500 team at best this year.

PMStick
08-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and see...I'm glad I can enjoy watching the NYJ again...Pennington used to piss me off...I've seen way to many three-and-outs...Favre adds dimensions to the Jets offense.

The only thing that worries me is the conservative coaching of Mangina and the adjustments for Favre. I'm a lot more excited about the Jets-Broncos game my girlfriend bought us a week before Brett's arrival. Those tix have gone up in value.

dw13
08-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow, 1st your going to win 10-11 games, now your going to win both vs the Pats, guess you guys can dream ;):D just dont get your hopes up guys.

KK is going to have a feild day with this one :lol::lol:

Please learn to read. I said, we would take both from the Pats before we took both from the Bills. The Jets never take both from the Bills, please stop trying to nitpick anything, your not doing too good with it.

dw13
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
the fact of the matter is the Jets are a 4-12 team who added a great QB. It doesn't make you a playoff contender let alone SB winner. The Jets are a .500 team at best this year.

We didn't just add a QB, that might be your problem, you don't know what we added.

two24four
08-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Please learn to read. I said, we would take both from the Pats before we took both from the Bills. The Jets never take both from the Bills, please stop trying to nitpick anything, your worthless with it.

Then you please stop trying to act like Favre is going to carry you guys into the playoffs with a 12-4 record, it's not going to happen, like most have said here, (people other then Jets fans) you guys are still at best a .500 team, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Pats fan, I will be shocked if the Jets even take one game from the Pats this season, or win more then 8-9 games.

dw13
08-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Then you please stop trying to act like Favre is going to carry you guys into the playoffs with a 12-4 record, it's not going to happen, like most have said here, (people other then Jets fans) you guys are still at best a .500 team, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Pats fan, I will be shocked if the Jets even take one game from the Pats this season, or win more then 8-9 games.

Once again, never said 12-4. I don't understand your guys logic at the Jets still being a bad team. Last year we didn't have a shutdown corner, now we have a possible Pro Bowler in Revis. We didn't have a gap clogger, we had D-Slob and now we have Jenkins who has been a beast all offseason. Our LB core is definitely fine, Harris was possibly the best MLB in the league when he started last year, now he will be in for a full season. Pace and Thomas(who has a fire under his ass again because of Gholsten). Our offensive line last year had 3 guys who are no longer even in the NFL anymore. We now possibly have a huge line. Brick/Faneca/Mangold is one of the nicest left sides you can have.

I don't know what your talking about stop talking like Favre will carry us to 12-4, I never said we would be 12-4 and I also said we were going to win 9 or 10 games with PENNINGTON before FAVRE was even in the conversation.

So like I said, keep nitpicking, youre not doing too good with it.

two24four
08-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Once again, never said 12-4. I don't understand your guys logic at the Jets still being a bad team. Last year we didn't have a shutdown corner, now we have a possible Pro Bowler in Revis. We didn't have a gap clogger, we had D-Slob and now we have Jenkins who has been a beast all offseason. Our LB core is definitely fine, Harris was possibly the best MLB in the league when he started last year, now he will be in for a full season. Pace and Thomas(who has a fire under his ass again because of Gholsten). Our offensive line last year had 3 guys who are no longer even in the NFL anymore. We now possibly have a huge line. Brick/Faneca/Mangold is one of the nicest left sides you can have.

I don't know what your talking about stop talking like Favre will carry us to 12-4, I never said we would be 12-4 and I also said we were going to win 9 or 10 games with PENNINGTON before FAVRE was even in the conversation.

So like I said, keep nitpicking, youre not doing too good with it.

I could care less, I'm not trying to nitpick, but I guess you'll see what we are all trying to tell you one day ;):D

dw13
08-12-2008, 12:28 PM
I could care less, I'm not trying to nitpick, but I guess you'll see what we are all trying to tell you one day ;):D

We will, we will. By the way, I don't normally predict a Jets record. I'm a Jets fan for dear lord, been for 20+ years now. You have no idea what its like :lol:

two24four
08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
We will, we will. By the way, I don't normally predict a Jets record. I'm a Jets fan for dear lord, been for 20+ years now. You have no idea what its like :lol:

haha, point taken, I'm a life long Leafs fan, so trust me, I know what it feels like :scared::cry:

dw13
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
haha, point taken, I'm a life long Leafs fan, so trust me, I know what it feels like :scared::cry:

Yeah true :$

PMStick
08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Fuck the Patriots and fuck the Bills!! Brady's goin down this season...

I haven't been this excited about the rivalries since the Bill Parcells era when we had Keyshawn...we have a right to be excited just like Pats fans have the right to think history will repeat itself although the variables have changed...

we shall see

King_Killah
08-15-2008, 10:45 AM
King_Killah, also will you point out why you think the Jets will still be bad this year? What part of the team don't you like?

The first part of it is Mangini... I don't think he can run a team with success. I don't like his coaching skills, his coaching style, or anything about him... I think he is a wannabe Belichick and throws a fit when he can't be.

Secondly, I still think the Jets will have a bad year because they still play in the AFC EAST. A division that still holds whether you like to admit it or not, the New England Patriots. The Buffalo Bills. And yes... The Miami Dolphins. I think the Pats win the season series from them. I think Buffalo wins the season series from them. The Dolphins I think can split the series. I honestly and truly believe that the Phins are looking at a week 1 win. So 5 losses within your own division does NOT equal a good year. Let's go outside the division. They play at the Chargers, a game that I think Chargers win by a minimum of two touchdowns. So we are at 6 losses now. At worst, this is where the Jets need to be. They can't be any worse than 10-6 to sniff the playoffs. But lets keep going. They get Arizona at home. This game I can go either way with. The Cards are talented enough and have enough playmakers to win this game. But they still are the Cards, so we'll give this one to the Jets. Two wins now. After the Cards, they rest then come back home for the Bengals. I don't think the Jets will beat the Bengals. I think Palmer/Housh/Ocho Cinco/Utecht/RBBC will be too much to keep up with. Then the Jets go out to Oakland. Now isn't this interesting. I would normally place this as a win under the Jets column, but going out to Oakland, I am going to have to say the Raiders here (Fly go wipe yourself, I know you just shit your pants.). I'll probably take the Jets and the points though. ;) A home game vs. Kansas City. The Chiefs are in trouble, so I'll give the Jets a win here. The Rams... I think the Rams will be too tough. I think Bulger will have more of a line to protect his ass, and they still have more weapons than the Jets can cover even with the loss of Bruce. Go to Tennessee. I really don't like the Titans much this season, so we'll place a nice W in the Jets win column. Denver. Not a fan of the Broncos outside of Mile High. So back to back wins. Oh snap, then you roll out to the Bay. Could it be.... Three wins in a row?? Out to Seattle... Now, Seattle is still another team that I am not that fond of, although they are making strides in that department. I don't think the Jets have a shot playing on the road out there in Seattle. I tihnk the 12th man will be too much. So, looking at all of this... Which happens to trigger a record... I have the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets at 6-10... Now add Favre to the equation, and I think he can win two of those games that I projected the Jets to lose which brings you to 8-8.

Third. Outside of Cotchery, I really don't like your receiving game. Coles is OK. I have him on a team.

Fourth. Not super sold on the run either, although, with Favre in town, it does increase the value of the run with defenses respecting Favre. So that gained points.

The defense. Nothing really shiny or sparkly... Revis is nice. I like Rhodes. Not really big on anyone else though.

Don't care about Nugent. Do like Leon on returns...

Don't understand why you get so worked up over why I think the Jets are still not gonna be that good... Its like me arguing that the Falcons are going to the playoffs. The Jets have the same shot at the post as Atlanta. I don't hate the Jets. I don't dislike the Jets. There are just some areas that I don't think they are that good and need work. Gaining Favre even for only one season is a positive. Clemens will learn so much more watching Favre than he has or would have watching Pennington. I like Faneca. I don't think Faneca is the be all/end all though. I think they overpaid.

You haven't pointed out anything to reason why the Jets ARE going to do anything. Other than saying to stop talking about the record. Well, the record is an integral part of the outcome. Not good record means no playoffs.

Show me where the Jets can legitimately win more than 8 games (preferably 10 in the AFC since the AFC is tough) and give some solid reasoning behind it.

dw13
08-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Show me where the Jets can legitimately win more than 8 games (preferably 10 in the AFC since the AFC is tough) and give some solid reasoning behind it.

Mangini, like it or not is a fine coach. To take the team that he did, his first season to the playoffs was a fine feat in itself. So that rules that out, you can not like him for what he did with the Spygate thing, thats fine, the dude can coach. Not to mention has the smartest GM, money wise, behind him backing him the whole way.

You thinking we lose 5 games in division is just incredible, we dominate the phins, they are horrid and we will do the same this year. We will split with the Bills I'll say that, we never take both from each other. I honestly think we will split with the Pats, but I'll give both to them. So thats 3 losses in division. We have a problem with going to Oakland but I think we do take that game, we also have no problem with Cinci. Either way, it all relates to 10, or 11 wins as I've been saying. Now I'll break down the team.

Coles still has one of the best set of hands in the NFL, like it or not, its true. The dude still runs at a great pace, and is very quick. I agree about Cotchery, but we all saw what he did as a #1 with Coles out, he isn't meant to be a #1 reciever, so those 2 benefit off each other. Now, this is where you not watching the Jets comes into play. Dustin Keller is going to have a fine rookie season, and with, or without the numbers will be a threat in the middle of the field because no one can turn and run with the kid. Chris Baker is a fine TE as well. David Clowney, Stuckey and Brad Smith are all viable 3rd, 4th and 5th recievers respectfully. Clowney should be due for a pretty nice season, and Stuckey if healthy as well will be a nice slot presence. You have to factor the screen game into it as well with Leon (Favre throws a nice screen, and Schotty is a fan of screens).

Now to the offensive line, Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody. I'll take that line over MANY of other lines in the NFL. We DO have a run game, thats where your wrong, we had THREE Linemen last year, that are NO LONGER in the NFL (Pats signed Clement just to get some Jets info, then put him on the IR).

Now my favorite part about this team, the Defense. Not only do we have the defensive wiz in Mangini, we now have the team for the 3-4. Our front 7 is very, very big. Coleman led the league in linemen tackles last year, and is awesome at his role in the 3-4. Ellis has been successful at the 4-3, and is doing fine in the 3-4 as well. Jenkins is a man, been really motivated in Camp and is filling his role awesomely. The best LB in camp...... ERIC BARTON (Not a fan) but if he is playing well, an LB core of Pace, Harris, Barton and Thomas is damn fine by me, and a very big set of dudes. Revis is on the bink of Pro Bowl, and Rhodes obviously, should of been in the past two. Eric Smith will hold the other safety position, and he is just solid, which is all you have to be with Rhodes back there. Justin Miller will be the #2 CB, nice speed, iffy skill set makes some mistakes but we can cover that up most of the time.

Special teams, obviously one of the best in the NFL, always have been, yes Westhoff is gone but he is still working with the team, and O'Dea is doing fine. Shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, sounds bias, and I will say it is a little bias. But I just don't see how you can knock the team that bad. I know now you are not a Mangini fan, and thats understandable what he did with the Spygate thing was questionable, I wish it could of been found out a different way as well.

Its also an even year, and if history has anything to do with it, we are going to the playoffs :D

We will see, I was predicting 9 or 10 wins even with Pennington, so people stop saying my mind has changed since we have Favre. I think we have a good team, flat out. Bringing in Favre just opens up more options obviously, and it seems like hes gelling just fine outside of his sore arm.

Should be a fun season regardless, Phins then Pats in week #1 and #2!! Good Stuff.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-16-2008, 04:49 AM
jets fans seem to smoke a lot of dope.

:yes:

light it up

dw13
08-16-2008, 10:19 PM
jets fans seem to smoke a lot of dope.

:yes:

light it up

If anyone shouldn't be talking about the Jets, its a Steelers fan. Thanks for the W last year.

nyihater4life
08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
How the fuck do you miss a field goal that short...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-16-2008, 11:18 PM
If anyone shouldn't be talking about the Jets, its a Steelers fan. Thanks for the W last year.

Really? That's interesting. You go ahead and relish in that regular season win for as long as you want to. I know that once in a while I still think back to our exciting 2005 January playoff meeting.

The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/;_ylt=AjI9_smZz16feqDySuVZ9kEdsLYF)’ greatest season since the 1970s was all but lost, Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/;_ylt=AhUMqxNzB4xry1j4.wf4IE8dsLYF)’s unbeaten rookie streak seemed to be over.

Then Doug Brien (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2935/;_ylt=AjcReYzEN0uFE6whURr22UIdsLYF) missed the biggest kick he’ll likely ever try.

Twice.

Steelers 20, Jets 17, OT

dw13
08-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Really? That's interesting. You go ahead and relish in that regular season win for as long as you want to. I know that once in a while I still think back to our exciting 2005 January playoff meeting.

The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/;_ylt=AjI9_smZz16feqDySuVZ9kEdsLYF)’ greatest season since the 1970s was all but lost, Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/;_ylt=AhUMqxNzB4xry1j4.wf4IE8dsLYF)’s unbeaten rookie streak seemed to be over.

Then Doug Brien (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2935/;_ylt=AjcReYzEN0uFE6whURr22UIdsLYF) missed the biggest kick he’ll likely ever try.

Twice.

Steelers 20, Jets 17, OT

Or Herm went pu$$y like normal :(

But too bad that was 2004, not 2005. And too bad you lost the game after, I forgot you got big awards for winning in the Divisional Round when you were the #1 Seed. You must remember that 2004 season alot when you beat the Jets, it was the year before you won the SB. Nice try though, you almost burnt me pretty good.

Its all good, we are talking about this year, and your making fun of the Jets team of this year. Too bad that crappy team of last year beatup on your Boys.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM

But too bad that was 2004, not 2005. And too bad you lost the game after, I forgot you got big awards for winning in the Divisional Round when you were the #1 Seed. You must remember that 2004 season alot when you beat the Jets, it was the year before you won the SB. Nice try though, you almost burnt me pretty good.

Its all good, we are talking about this year, and your making fun of the Jets team of this year. Too bad that crappy team of last year beatup on your Boys.

Hey I remember every Steelers game. Especially playoffs. All the heartbreaks too. :p

When's the last time the NYJ won a SB anyway?

I remember Pittsburgh winning what, their 5th one, just a couple of seasons back?

You're funny :D

Don't take any of the jibing in this thread so much to heart, it's all in good fun buddy. And who knows, maybe you will be the one with the last laugh here.

Maybe.

dw13
08-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Hey I remember every Steelers game. Especially playoffs. All the heartbreaks too. :p

When's the last time the NYJ won a SB anyway?

I remember Pittsburgh winning what, their 5th one, just a couple of seasons back?

You're funny :D

Don't take any of the jibing in this thread so much to heart, it's all in good fun buddy. And who knows, maybe you will be the one with the last laugh here.

Maybe.

Asking me the last time the Jets won an SB doesn't hurt me. I'm a life long Jets fan, you don't know the pain :\

Cheers though, I'm not mad :beer:

dw13
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Well another Jets bad luck happens, Clowney who has been tearing it up in Camp and in the preseason might have a broken collarbone, either way he will miss several weeks.

b_illin
08-18-2008, 10:36 AM

We'll let you have you big win last season to savour....we're too busy polishing all those division/conference/championship trophies to really give a shit :D

(speaking of trophies, your lone Championship trophy from 40 yrs ago is certainly showing it's age these days!)

dw13
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
We'll let you have you big win last season to savour....we're too busy polishing all those division/conference/championship trophies to really give a shit :D

(speaking of trophies, your lone Championship trophy from 40 yrs ago is certainly showing it's age these days!)

Ok

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM

:lol:

Thanks for that Bill.

Pittsburgh Steelers! First team to six? I suppose Dallas COULD beat us to it... but I am thinking.. No. :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled Jets bashing. :p

(actually Mr Brett Favor looked pretty decent in his Pre-Season debut. I wonder what kinda fantasy value he holds this year...)

Hmm.

dw13
08-18-2008, 02:51 PM

Thanks for that Bill.

Pittsburgh Steelers! First team to six? I suppose Dallas COULD beat us to it... but I am thinking.. No. :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled Jets bashing. :p

(actually Mr Brett Favor looked pretty decent in his Pre-Season debut. I wonder what kinda fantasy value he holds this year...)

Hmm.

Get off the Jets board with the Crap Steelers talk.

King_Killah
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Cotchery, Favre's new Driver...

Jets WR Jerricho Cotchery (http://www.footballguys.com/CotcJe00-1.php) appears to be the early favorite target of QB Brett Favre (http://www.footballguys.com/FavrBr00-1.php). Cotchery and Favre have been seeing eye-to-eye during practice and most recently against the Redskins last weekend. "You don't have to be the fastest, biggest or strongest. Just be on the same page as me, and vice versa. I think that was a start (Saturday)," Favre said. WR Laveranues Coles (http://www.footballguys.com/ColeLa00-1.php) hasn't been able to catch on as quick. He's been limited with a leg injury and likely has just one game coming up to get quality time in with Favre. "Obviously, Laveranues has been injured and it's hard to get timing and stuff down," Favre said. "But I've been watching a lot of film on these guys from last year, seeing how they run routes."

Cotch should be Favre's favorite target as he is their best receiver.

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
The Jets reduced their roster to 75 players by cutting RB Musa Smith (http://www.footballguys.com/SmitMu00-1.php), S Ron Girault, RB Rodney Kinlaw and OT Thaddeus Coleman.

Not really a big deal here... Hope no one drafted Musa Smith. Saw him go at the tail end of deeper leagues.

dw13
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Chatman been pretty good, was an easy cut of Musa.

dw13
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Dwight Lowery beat out Justin Miller it looks like for the starting CB job along side Revis.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Chatman been pretty good, was an easy cut of Musa.

I love this... ;)

The Jets released veteran RB Jesse Chatman (http://www.footballguys.com/ChatJe00-1.php), who rushed for 93 yards and a touchdown on Thursday night against the Eagles and led the team in rushing this preseason with 164 yards and a touchdown on 51 carries, according to someone with knowledge of the cuts. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the cuts aren't officially announced until Saturday.

Assuming the cut is due to drug policy violation. The main thing this does is give Thomas Jones more carries.

dw13
08-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Assuming the cut is due to drug policy violation. The main thing this does is give Thomas Jones more carries.

Not a true post as far as I know. Jesse Chatman is still a Jet and was NOT on the offical cut list.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/08/chatmans-agent-he-never-tested.html

He was suspended for a roids test postive, which you see from the link he says is false.

He was not released, I'm not sure if we will keep him after his suspension, but he was NOT on the offical list of cuts. The Jets have known about this for awhile.

Btw- Spartan.... Caulcrick was offically cut today. I thought he had a chance, but I guess we are fine with Tony Richardson. Hank Poteat didn't make the team, meaning former first round pick Ahmad Carroll has offically made the team.

dw13
08-31-2008, 12:58 AM
There is a rumor right now that Clemens was moved to the Vikes, not sure how true it is. Heard it over the radio.... I could see us moving him but I don't know if the Vikes are that interested, there was a rumor of Chester Taylor coming? Maybe that has something to do with the rumor of Jesse Chatman being released?

By the way, Killah if you got the rumor of Chatman being released from profootballtalk please don't post that sites stuff on here. Way too many rumors are posted WELL too early.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 01:53 AM
There is a rumor right now that Clemens was moved to the Vikes, not sure how true it is. Heard it over the radio.... I could see us moving him but I don't know if the Vikes are that interested, there was a rumor of Chester Taylor coming? Maybe that has something to do with the rumor of Jesse Chatman being released?

By the way, Killah if you got the rumor of Chatman being released from profootballtalk please don't post that sites stuff on here. Way too many rumors are posted WELL too early.

1) Nothing came from profootballtalk. You can go to the Newark Star Ledger site yourself and check it out.

2) It was also on the ticker on ESPN scrolling across the screen yesterday and today. Yesterday, the ticker on ESPN said Chatman was suspended 4 games for violating team policy. Today the ticker said Chatman was cut after violating the NFL drug policy.

3) I didn't hear anything about Clemens being moved. Minny likes Jackson and Booty so I don't see the need for him there. I did read online that the Jets were interested in signing the freshly cut Rudi Johnson though. But, that was just a random unconfirmed source. I won't post unless it was written or aired through a credible source. Now if Newark Star is wrong and if ESPN is wrong, then shame on both of them.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 01:57 AM
Here...

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/122007213182060.xml&coll=1

dw13
08-31-2008, 02:03 AM
I thought maybe it was PFT my bad. Thats the only place I saw it at, but yeah he was not cut. He was not on the offical list of cuts, I don't know if that has something to do with his suspension or not? But it looks like he is a Jet to this point.

ESPN 1050 was reporting the Clemens deal being a rumor on the Radio earlier, as I said, I don't believe it. I do think we are shopping him though, as Ainge was NOT waived, so he will not be practice squad'd i guess?

boredguy
08-31-2008, 02:38 AM
I will make a bold prediction.
The Jets will go 0-0-16 this year, becoming the only team to go undefeated and winless in the same season.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM
The Jets will go 0-0-16 this year, becoming the only team to go undefeated and winless in the same season.

I will give you 1000000/1 odds on that! :lol:

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 09:09 AM
A little more on the Chatman controversy.

Depsite earlier reports, Jets running back Jesse Chatman (http://www.footballguys.com/ChatJe00-1.php) was only suspended without pay by the NFL on Saturday for the team's first four regular-season games for violating the league's steroids and related-substances policy.
Chatman, who signed with the Jets as a free agent in March, is eligible to rejoin the team Sept. 29, a day after New York's game against Arizona.

"It's always disappointing, but it's a program that the league has set up and something that I understand and Jesse understands the consequences of," coach Eric Mangini said. "Jesse has had a very good training camp and really punctuated it with his game against the Eagles. He's disappointed and so am I, but I look forward to him being able to come back and contribute."

Shame on NSL and ESPN for not getting it right.

dw13
08-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I didn't mean to give you crap but I do know my Jets and I do have a little better sources :D

two24four
08-31-2008, 11:15 AM

:lol::lol:

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean to give you crap but I do know my Jets and I do have a little better sources :D

Yeah... better sources. OK. ESPN the worldwide leader in sports and you have better sources. The Newark Star Ledger the home newspaper of the NY Jets, and you have better sources. OK. If you say so. That still doesn't explain how the Jets are gonna finish 4th in their division and be a below .500 team. ;)

dw13
08-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Apparently my sources are better considering ESPN was not right, and no real Jets columnist works in the Newark. Cimini came out as SOON as that story broke, and corrected everyone. He was instantly out.

I don't need to explain anymore about our record, the season starts in a week.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Apparently my sources are better considering ESPN was not right, and no real Jets columnist works in the Newark. Cimini came out as SOON as that story broke, and corrected everyone. He was instantly out.

I don't need to explain anymore about our record, the season starts in a week.

dw13
08-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Hutchinson is a moron. If thats what your laughing at.

Dubz
08-31-2008, 06:29 PM
This thread is gonna see some serious action come kickoff. :D

dw13
08-31-2008, 06:31 PM

Difference is, I will post the same way W or L. If we lose, I'll say why.. if we win I'll say why. I'm not planning on calling anyone out on either of it.

I'm ready to hear every L we have, even the ones I predicted :D

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 08:28 PM

You think?? I think this thread will die and fade away come kick off... By week three, the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets will be a forgotten distant memory! :D:lol:

Dubz
08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
You think?? I think this thread will die and fade away come kick off... By week three, the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets will be a forgotten distant memory! :D:lol:

Well the Gayders thread is still around....and that thing should have been deleted when Flyguy lost that bet last year:D:lol:

Honestly though...we can all take it. I mean Lions, Falcons, Jets, Phins etc.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Well the Gayders thread is still around....and that thing should have been deleted when Flyguy lost that bet last year:D:lol:

Honestly though...we can all take it. I mean Lions, Falcons, Jets, Phins etc.

Hahahahaha.......................

Look, being an Atlanta fan is brutal at times, so I understand. Its when the people who back the Raiders and Jets are clouded by their admiration and support for their teams that they at times take a trip from reality. Don't get me wrong, I love the support for your teams. I hate the people who jump ship when a team tanks and all the sudden are "Colts fans" or "Patriots fans" or "Giants fans" or... you get the picture. I applaud Fly for sticking with the Raiders because after that Super Bowl season he pretty much was the shit of the league since. I applaud Dawinna for sticking with the Jets because they had a few rough spots. Its easy to bail and hop on a bandwagon. Same goes for Lions fans, Dolphins fans, 49ers fans... and every other shitbox team in the league.

By Dawinna's logic the Super Bowl this year should be the Jets vs. Falcons or Raiders vs. Lions. Its just not happening. Nor will it even be close.

Take a look at the Falcons.

Improved at QB, improved at RB, improved at WR. Declined at TE (I am not sold on Hartsock). O-Line upgraded or at least stayed even. Defense - even with the key loss of DeAngelo Hall stayed where it was last year.

In fact, the Falcons should have even an easier time at making the playoffs because their division is really pretty weak. The your a Jet, your a Jet 'til your last cigarette have it much more difficult having to face New England, Buffalo, and Miami.

I love this time of year... 4 days 'til kick off. The NCAA(F) is just an appetizer.

dw13
08-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Hahahahaha.......................

Look, being an Atlanta fan is brutal at times, so I understand. Its when the people who back the Raiders and Jets are clouded by their admiration and support for their teams that they at times take a trip from reality. Don't get me wrong, I love the support for your teams. I hate the people who jump ship when a team tanks and all the sudden are "Colts fans" or "Patriots fans" or "Giants fans" or... you get the picture. I applaud Fly for sticking with the Raiders because after that Super Bowl season he pretty much was the shit of the league since. I applaud Dawinna for sticking with the Jets because they had a few rough spots. Its easy to bail and hop on a bandwagon. Same goes for Lions fans, Dolphins fans, 49ers fans... and every other shitbox team in the league.

By Dawinna's logic the Super Bowl this year should be the Jets vs. Falcons or Raiders vs. Lions. Its just not happening. Nor will it even be close.

Take a look at the Falcons.

Improved at QB, improved at RB, improved at WR. Declined at TE (I am not sold on Hartsock). O-Line upgraded or at least stayed even. Defense - even with the key loss of DeAngelo Hall stayed where it was last year.

In fact, the Falcons should have even an easier time at making the playoffs because their division is really pretty weak. The your a Jet, your a Jet 'til your last cigarette have it much more difficult having to face New England, Buffalo, and Miami.

I love this time of year... 4 days 'til kick off. The NCAA(F) is just an appetizer.

Seriously man, WTF is your deal? I'm a damn loyal Jets fan. We have made great strides and you have NO CLUE what its like to be a fan of a team for a life long time and NEVER see us get up and do ANYTHING to make the team better. Get off your damn high horse.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Seriously man, WTF is your deal? I'm a damn loyal Jets fan. We have made great strides and you have NO CLUE what its like to be a fan of a team for a life long time and NEVER see us get up and do ANYTHING to make the team better. Get off your damn high horse.

I guess you missed the part where I said I was a Falcons fan... But then again, I guess you are right because the Falcons have tried to make the team better.

I guess you also missed the part where I said that I applaud you for being a Jets fan and sticking with them. I am not doubting the Jets have made improvements. I am doubting that they go 11-5 or anything better than 8-8. And those conclusions come based off the division that they are in and the schedule that they have.

I don't have a problem. I don't have a deal. I am just saying, all the reason you think the Jets are going to do so well you can say the same thing about the Falcons. Which if that is the case, then I will see you in the Super Bowl. That's all.

You need to relax. You get more worked up than FlyGuy. I am simply having a discussion back and forth.

dw13
08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
When was the last time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl? When were the Jets? I don't just talk about in the past decade, I'm talking about a life of a Jets fan. We ain't done SHIT

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
When was the last time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl? When were the Jets? I don't just talk about in the past decade, I'm talking about a life of a Jets fan. We ain't done SHIT

Falcons - Super Bowl XXXIII, January '99. Denver was 7.5 point favorites and easily covered. I remember that shit.

Jets - I believe that would be Super Bowl III. At least you won yours!

dw13
08-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah that drunken bastard won us that damn Superbowl III, that's for sure ;)

nyihater4life
08-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Shaun Ellis shops at the grocery store I work at :). Very cool guy. Willing to talk to people.

dw13
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Shaun Ellis shops at the grocery store I work at :). Very cool guy. Willing to talk to people.

Hah thats awesome. He's a Jet for life. Love the dude, although I hated him in college. :D

That's awesome though.

nyihater4life
08-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Hah thats awesome. He's a Jet for life. Love the dude, although I hated him in college. :D

That's awesome though.

yeah...he was with his wife and kids.

hes tall as hell though haha. huge dude. Probably wont see him again for a while though. Season starts soon!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Watching Total Access and Mr.Marshall Faulk pretty much just called the Jets to win the AFC east.. what's he smoking? Cause I want some!

:)

dw13
09-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Watching Total Access and Mr.Marshall Faulk pretty much just called the Jets to win the AFC east.. what's he smoking? Cause I want some!

:)

You obviously must not watch TV. I'm not alone in thinking the Jets will win some games this year. I don't think we win the east though.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-01-2008, 11:02 PM
You obviously must not watch TV. I'm not alone in thinking the Jets will win some games this year. I don't think we win the east though.

I haven't had much free time so no.. I am just recently trying to force myself back into watching NFL network during downtime. I've heard decent talk about the jets, and some not so decent talk. It's up in the air if you ask me. Obviously your boys are going to win more than 4 games this year, otherwise there is something seriously wrong hahaha.. I love the Faneca signing for you all and Farve was a great aquisition as well, but I'm with you and most of the others, despite the various additions to this team I just don't see them closing the gap on NE quite yet... though ftr -- I would have NO problem with seeing that happen ;) :D

dw13
09-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I haven't had much free time so no.. I am just recently trying to force myself back into watching NFL network during downtime. I've heard decent talk about the jets, and some not so decent talk. It's up in the air if you ask me. Obviously your boys are going to win more than 4 games this year, otherwise there is something seriously wrong hahaha.. I love the Faneca signing for you all and Farve was a great aquisition as well, but I'm with you and most of the others, despite the various additions to this team I just don't see them closing the gap on NE quite yet... though ftr -- I would have NO problem with seeing that happen ;) :D

I don't know about "closing the gap" but we will compete in the East and the AFC.

dw13
09-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Per WFAN 20/20 Update just a couple minutes ago. Sources close to the Jets say they are close to signing S Jon Lynch.

Shoot me. I guess he would compete with Elam and Smith early on to play next to Rhodes.

King_Killah
09-02-2008, 05:42 AM
I don't know about "closing the gap" but we will compete in the East and the AFC.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry...... but I can't help it... Being slightly better than the Raiders is far from competing.

dw13
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry...... but I can't help it... Being slightly better than the Raiders is far from competing.

You don't need to post back to everything said here, I know you disagree already.

King_Killah
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
You don't need to post back to everything said here, I know you disagree already.

But when you say something funny, I think it is warranted to laugh. Right?? Hahaha... Its like watching Carlin or something and not laughing when they say something funny! :lol:

That all said... I do want to wish you and the NY Jets the best of luck this season. I can't wait for the kick offs already... College ball was just a tease... I'll be watching ALL of the games. Its on like Donkey Kong.

:beer:

dw13
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
But when you say something funny, I think it is warranted to laugh. Right?? Hahaha... Its like watching Carlin or something and not laughing when they say something funny! :lol:

That all said... I do want to wish you and the NY Jets the best of luck this season. I can't wait for the kick offs already... College ball was just a tease... I'll be watching ALL of the games. Its on like Donkey Kong.

I said I don't think we will be closing the gap, I figured you guys would respect that. But alright.

Yes, I need some Jets football. Although I'll be up at the Swamp as we kick the hell out of the other Miami team first :D

King_Killah
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I said I don't think we will be closing the gap, I figured you guys would respect that. But alright.

Yes, I need some Jets football. Although I'll be up at the Swamp as we kick the hell out of the other Miami team first :D

OK, OK...... ;)

....and I will refrain from commenting on anything else, at least until Sunday. Because I think we are going to have at least one different bet come Sunday if you take this particular game I am taking. :lol:

dw13
09-02-2008, 02:57 PM
The Jets are only 3 point favs. which REALLY make me want to bet it. But I do not bet my own team. Was pretty much rule #1 when I was tought the sport of betting. Yes, Kam if you read this... I called betting a sport :D

King_Killah
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
The Jets are only 3 point favs. which REALLY make me want to bet it. But I do not bet my own team. Was pretty much rule #1 when I was tought the sport of betting. Yes, Kam if you read this... I called betting a sport :D

Hahahaha...... :lol::lol:

I should follow that rule, but often times I don't. I occasionally even bet against the Falcons. But I will be taking the home dog in that game!!!

dw13
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I posted the early lines I'm liking in your Picks page.

King_Killah
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I posted the early lines I'm liking in your Picks page.

I'll go check that out in a moment.

nyihater4life
09-02-2008, 07:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7o_JfWuw1E

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM

hahaha well technically every team in the East and the AFC will be "competing." ;) I was just referencing Mr.Faulk on the "closing the gap" on NE bit, because I find it downright hysterical that he or anyone in their right mind would even suggest that the Jets were currently close to doing that :eek:

nyihater4life
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Saw Ellis at work again today :p

dw13
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
hahaha well technically every team in the East and the AFC will be "competing." ;) I was just referencing Mr.Faulk on the "closing the gap" on NE bit, because I find it downright hysterical that he or anyone in their right mind would even suggest that the Jets were currently close to doing that :eek:

You actually thinking the Steelers are any good is what you say "downright hysterical"

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
You actually thinking the Steelers are any good is what you say "downright hysterical"

I was actually kind've shocked to see so many season predictions of Pitt winning the AFC north and going 10-6/11-5* (in the prediction thread)

Pitts is a real fine ball club and you can't really argue that, but it's also hard to ignore the fact that they've got one seriously horrific schedule and quite a few holes and concerns.. special teams, offensive line, a quickly aging defensive line, for example.

Anyway, seriously though, I honestly thought there'd be more picks for the Brownies to win the North! :D

Can't wait for the real season to begin :beer:

dw13
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Browns ain't that good. Honestly. Just another trendy pick if you ask me. I think they are a year away

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Browns ain't that good. Honestly. Just another trendy pick if you ask me. I think they are a year away

How do you get a Cleveland Browns player to stop masturbating?

Paint his dick black n gold and he'll never beat it again!

dw13
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
All I have to say about the game is we completely outplayed them for 3 quarters of the time. Chad played great in the 4th when our pass rush was dimished. TJ was solid on the ground, recievers looked good and O-Line was nice. We showed flashes of what we could do, and we have a ProBowl Corner and Safety in Revis and Rhodes. I look forward to playing the Pats if we can get some of the stupid mistakes out of the way.

KK, good call on it being close although we missed a 32 yarder that lead to a TD. 10 point swing, and had a turnover in the redzone.

Good game, 1-0. NE Next week, with or without asschin.

boredguy
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
My prediction was ruined already, fucking Jets :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Not even a week into the regular season and it's funny to think that the Jets could actually win their division yet (Due to Tom Brady Injury)

dw13
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Not even a week into the regular season and it's funny to think that the Jets could actually win their division yet (Due to Tom Brady Injury)

We had a chance even with Brady up... although now Buffalo looks pretty damn solid after today. Awesome game by them, 1 penalty, 0 turnovers. Dominated the frauds.

gNaRKiLL
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I think the Jets are the best team in that division now. Cassels of course, is the variable. I predict that he will be servicable enough to win some games, but not enough to pull out the division.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
We had a chance even with Brady up... although now Buffalo looks pretty damn solid after today. Awesome game by them, 1 penalty, 0 turnovers. Dominated the frauds.

A legitimate one? Come on now... Favor looked good but the Jets barely squeezed out a win against the Dolphins. :lol:

Either way, NE without Brady is like sex without an orgasm.

I agree w/you though, Buffalo looked pretty solid today. Could be an interesting battle in that division after all.

dw13
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
A legitimate one? Come on now... Favor looked good but the Jets barely squeezed out a win against the Dolphins. :lol:

Either way, NE without Brady is like sex without an orgasm.

I agree w/you though, Buffalo looked pretty solid today. Could be an interesting battle in that division after all.

A win is a win, so don't talk about barely squeezing by the Fins please. We had 2 trips inside the 20 with 0 points. Yes, I know it happens but cmonnnnnn. We won, its whatever. You guys will always find a reason to jump on the Jets. Noooo biggy

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
A win is a win, so don't talk about barely squeezing by the Fins please. We had 2 trips inside the 20 with 0 points. Yes, I know it happens but cmonnnnnn. We won, its whatever. You guys will always find a reason to jump on the Jets. Noooo biggy

I'm not jumping on the Jets at all.. I just call em like I see em. Saying that the NYJ had any sliver of a legitimate shot at beating a healthy NE Patriots team out for the division this year, in my opinion, is delusional thinking.

To be entirely honest, I hope Favre succeeds in NY and does good things this season.. I've got him in a league with friends and would be more than pleased to see him put up great numbers.

Believe me, there are plenty of teams out there I hate a lot worse than the NY Jets!

Like the NE Pats for instance. :lol:

King_Killah
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree with Sponge... There was NO shot that the Jets had against New England with Brady. Without him will still be tough. But they do have a better chance. Buffalo I told you is going to be strong. They improved on both sides of the ball. That said, they did beat up on the SeaFrauds!

Lotta reports saying Brady out for the year, some reports saying Brady will be re-evaluated tomorrow and no time line on how long or even if he's out. All apart of the New England secrecy. Losing Brady does suck for me since he is my money league QB. Now I have to scramble with Bulger who couldn't do shit today.

Anyway... Congrats to Dawinna and the Jets for their win. Watching that game, there is a lot of work that they still need. I liked the Favre/Cotchery connection.

On to Monday night and then week 2.

b_illin
09-08-2008, 09:09 AM

You have a point for sure...but like us, you will always find a reason to hype the Jets....it's a two-way street!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
You have a point for sure...but like us, you will always find a reason to hype the Jets....it's a two-way street!

excellent point bill.. and hell -- it's not like we don't all do it! Our passion (and sometimes hatred) for teams in the NFL/NHL etc is what binds us as a crazed sports loving community :D

dw13
09-14-2008, 05:08 PM
13-3 right now to this point, and we have absolutely given them this game to this point.

Dubz
09-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Stuckey...16-10

dw13
09-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Stuckey...16-10

NFL in the Refs ear telling them to call a blatent non-call.. 19-10.

dw13
09-14-2008, 05:52 PM
They won, but cmon with that Roughing the Passer call to put them in FG position on Pace. They played a nice game, they completely executed on special teams, and our offense was outcoached like always.

But CMON with that call, you gotta be kidding me.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 06:00 PM
so do the jets suck or are the Pats just really still that good ?

Inquiring minds would love to know...

dw13
09-14-2008, 06:01 PM
so do the jets suck or are the Pats just really still that good ?

Inquiring minds would love to know...

Does that really make any sense?

The Pats are still "really good" cause they beat us... but the Jets suck because we lost... ok.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 06:03 PM
They won, but cmon with that Roughing the Passer call to put them in FG position on Pace. They played a nice game, they completely executed on special teams, and our offense was outcoached like always.

But CMON with that call, you gotta be kidding me.

I'm sure Bellicheat slipped the refs a few $$$ before the game :D

dw13
09-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm sure Bellicheat slipped the refs a few $$$ before the game :D

I'm not saying that, but they get the calls when they need them... its been that way since they beat the Rams.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Does that really make any sense?

The Pats are still "really good" cause they beat us... but the Jets suck because we lost... ok.

your brain is clouded and apparently incapable of picking up on sarcasm

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm not saying that, but they get the calls when they need them... its been that way since they beat the Rams.

Finally something we can agree on! :beer:

I was really pulling for you guys too, damn it.

I picked the Jets in two pick em leagues.

Meh.

Dubz
09-14-2008, 07:01 PM
If you think that was bad I hope you stayed tuned in for the Shannahan owns the NFL game in Denver.

dw13
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
If you think that was bad I hope you stayed tuned in for the Shannahan owns the NFL game in Denver.

Cutler is sick.

King_Killah
09-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Dawinna..... come on dude. If you honestly watched that game from beginning to end, the Jets looked bad. They had glimpses of good moments but overall, they really didn't look good at all. If you think they did, and if you think they lost the game because of a roughing the passer call, which was a legit roughing the passer call then you are really deluded. Even Fly sees actuality and reality in Oakland.

Cassel the first Patriot QB not named Brady to win a start since week 16 of the 2000 season. So far, that division is falling into place... New England, Buffalo... I have to say that I am a little surprised with Miami, I thought at worst they would be 1-1 right now with the Jets 0-2, but hey... Its still early. Still a long season.

Regroup next week!

dw13
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Dawinna..... come on dude. If you honestly watched that game from beginning to end, the Jets looked bad. They had glimpses of good moments but overall, they really didn't look good at all. If you think they did, and if you think they lost the game because of a roughing the passer call, which was a legit roughing the passer call then you are really deluded. Even Fly sees actuality and reality in Oakland.

Cassel the first Patriot QB not named Brady to win a start since week 16 of the 2000 season. So far, that division is falling into place... New England, Buffalo... I have to say that I am a little surprised with Miami, I thought at worst they would be 1-1 right now with the Jets 0-2, but hey... Its still early. Still a long season.

Regroup next week!

We looked downright awful on special teams and our offensive playcalling. If you don't think that roughing the passer call didn't play a big part of that game, you are wrong. The bigger part was the missed 31 yard fieldgoal that didn't give us a chance to go tie the game.

The Jets were simply outcoached, and their special teams executed A+. I'm not taking anything away from them in this game.. but the Jets obviously showed we could play poorly and compete.

King_Killah
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
We looked downright awful on special teams and our offensive playcalling. If you don't think that roughing the passer call didn't play a big part of that game, you are wrong. The bigger part was the missed 31 yard fieldgoal that didn't give us a chance to go tie the game.

The Jets were simply outcoached, and their special teams executed A+. I'm not taking anything away from them in this game.. but the Jets obviously showed we could play poorly and compete.

Outcoached.... That shouldn't come as a surprise, at least when it comes to Belichick vs. Mangini!

I didn't say the RTP call didn't play a part in the game, but it was a legit call... Anyway........that's it... Done. We move onto next week!

dw13
09-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Outcoached.... That shouldn't come as a surprise, at least when it comes to Belichick vs. Mangini!

I didn't say the RTP call didn't play a part in the game, but it was a legit call... Anyway........that's it... Done. We move onto next week!

Outcoached I don't mean Mangini vs. Belichick.. I think they both are overrated.

Schotty is ALWAYS outcoached, and Sutton is a dumbass on D... we just got some massive talent out there on D.

dw13
09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Big game tonight for the Gang Green. A W not only keeps us just a game back of the Bills... but we tie the Pats again and send the Chargers to 0-3 which only helps our cause in the AFC. With alot of winnable games especially after the BYE week.

King_Killah
09-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Big game tonight for the Gang Green. A W not only keeps us just a game back of the Bills... but we tie the Pats again and send the Chargers to 0-3 which only helps our cause in the AFC. With alot of winnable games especially after the BYE week.

Still holding onto hope, huh? That's cool!

dw13
09-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Still holding onto hope, huh? That's cool!

When we come out of the BYE week we play...

Cinci, Oakland and KC. 2 of which, are at home. If we can win 1 of the next 2, with SD and Zona we will be 5-2 at the least.

With Chargers having 3 losses if we win tonight, we are put above them. That North division is in a heap, same with the west. Who knows.

Lets do it tonight Gang Green, please win a big game for a change!

King_Killah
09-22-2008, 01:02 PM
When we come out of the BYE week we play...

Cinci, Oakland and KC. 2 of which, are at home. If we can win 1 of the next 2, with SD and Zona we will be 5-2 at the least.

With Chargers having 3 losses if we win tonight, we are put above them. That North division is in a heap, same with the west. Who knows.

Lets do it tonight Gang Green, please win a big game for a change!

I remember two Brett Favre games on Monday night... One the Packers got behind early, the next thing you know Brett Favre is throwing those crazy ass eratic passes that end up being picked. The other was that amazing game the day his father died...

Over in the Picks thread, I questioned what to do in this game. I don't see the Chargers being able to cover the number. That said, I do see the Chargers being able to win this game. Questions lay on LT's foot issue. Week 3 has shown that teams with talent can fight and salvage their seasons (Minnesota, Jacksonville).

We'll see...

at San Diego, vs. Arizona, bye week, vs. Cincinnati, at Oakland, vs. Kansas City, at Buffalo, vs. St. Louis, at New England -- No longer buying into Arizona, I know its early still...but year after year we hear its Arizona's year then ultimately they are shitbox and for no good reason because the talent is there. Cincinnati...hey they showed something against the Giants, I am not counting them out completely yet. Oakland we'll call that a win right now. Have the team save the money on gas and shit getting out to Oakland, because Oakland should just pack in and call it a day. Buffalo is going to be tough. I still think Buffalo takes both from the Jets. The Rams. Actually could be worse than the Raiders. New England... Regardless of what happend this past week, I still think the Pats will be just fine.

One week at a time....... The focus is on tonight with the Chargers. What to do??

dw13
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Attack their D. I hope we do it. Odds are we won't and we will lose. But if we attack, we win. Our D is good enough to limit them.

Lucca Brazzi
09-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Attack their D. I hope we do it. Odds are we won't and we will lose. But if we attack, we win. Our D is good enough to limit them.

Hate to say it because you are obviously watching the carnage, but I have seen warm knives go through butter slower than the Chargers offense moving through the Jet D. Not good for Gang Green.

Lucca Brazzi
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh and Favre didn't look that good either. he appears to be limping off the field. I thought they would be better, but they better figure things out or they will not have a sniff of the playoffs. 48-29- yikes!

dw13
09-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Hate to say it because you are obviously watching the carnage, but I have seen warm knives go through butter slower than the Chargers offense moving through the Jet D. Not good for Gang Green.

We lost the most vital part of our D in the first quarter unfortunately.

two24four
09-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Wonder if Favre wishes he stayed retired after tonight's game :D

dw13
09-23-2008, 12:46 AM

I wish I could retire from being a Jets fan.

King_Killah
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM

The one sideline shot they had on him, his facial expression was saying why did I come back. And speaking of facial expressions, Mangini looked like he had no clue what to do. Fire him. He sucks!

two24four
09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
The one sideline shot they had on him, his facial expression was saying why did I come back. And speaking of facial expressions, Mangini looked like he had no clue what to do. Fire him. He sucks!

I was thinking that as well everytime they showed him, Mangini really does suck.

dw13
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I was thinking that as well everytime they showed him, Mangini really does suck.

I wouldn't say its Mangini to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't think this is him. He has his hands on the D, not the O. Schotty is a piss poor playcaller, you could see it last year as well with his 15 yard outs for Penny getting pick 6'd time after time again. I think you might see both coordinators fired at the end of the year regardless of the teams outcome. The thing about it is, this team comes out after their BYE the past 2 years under Eric and plays lights out. (last year won a couple games, and beat Pitt).

It'll be interesting. I want Schotty out though. Thats for sure.

King_Killah
09-24-2008, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't say its Mangini to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't think this is him. He has his hands on the D, not the O. Schotty is a piss poor playcaller, you could see it last year as well with his 15 yard outs for Penny getting pick 6'd time after time again. I think you might see both coordinators fired at the end of the year regardless of the teams outcome. The thing about it is, this team comes out after their BYE the past 2 years under Eric and plays lights out. (last year won a couple games, and beat Pitt).

It'll be interesting. I want Schotty out though. Thats for sure.

When your coach is on the sidelines looking like he has no clue as to what is going on, its your coach... Regardless of who calls the plays. If he is clueless about what the offense is doing, get involved or get someone else. Both sides of the ball in the MNF game looked pathetic, not just the offense.

dw13
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
When your coach is on the sidelines looking like he has no clue as to what is going on, its your coach... Regardless of who calls the plays. If he is clueless about what the offense is doing, get involved or get someone else. Both sides of the ball in the MNF game looked pathetic, not just the offense.

I'm not defending anyone, I know it was pathetic. Mangini is in hot water, unfortunately he will return next year regardless. I just hope if this continues (it was bad last year as well) they remove Sutton and Schotty. Sutton was about removed for Ryan if you remember in the offseason until the Raiders blocked it.

King_Killah
09-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm not defending anyone, I know it was pathetic. Mangini is in hot water, unfortunately he will return next year regardless. I just hope if this continues (it was bad last year as well) they remove Sutton and Schotty. Sutton was about removed for Ryan if you remember in the offseason until the Raiders blocked it.

Yeah I remember that.

dw13
09-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Jets decided they wanted to play football today?

....Weird

two24four
09-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Jets decided they wanted to play football today?

....Weird

You can also thank Kurt Warner for the most part, he sucks major ass today, he's just giving this game to the Jets.

dw13
09-28-2008, 01:36 PM
You can also thank Kurt Warner for the most part, he sucks major ass today, he's just giving this game to the Jets.

Yeah, no credit to the Jets I know.

Thanks Zona for letting the Jets get up 34-0.

two24four
09-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, no credit to the Jets I know.

Thanks Zona for letting the Jets get up 34-0.

I'm not saying no credit to the Jets at all, but fuck, they need to get Warner out of there, he looks BAD.

dw13
09-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm not saying no credit to the Jets at all, but fuck, they need to get Warner out of there, he looks BAD.

He hasn't looked good, but I'm sure you liked him coming into this week. Jenkins is clearly just unblockable, its incredible how different the Jets are with him and without him.

It was a needed W for the Jets, if we can build on this and come out of the BYE with those 3 favorable matchups, who knows.

dw13
09-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I guess I spoke too early? 2 straight scores, then an onside kick and a score. 2 score game now..

dw13
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Ok its 48-35 and I don't even know if I can watch this anymore. WOOOOOW

FlyGuy78
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Now only if the Jets could do that on a consistent basis, they would be a good football team.

dw13
09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Now only if the Jets could do that on a consistent basis, they would be a good football team.

I agree sir!

King_Killah
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM

What give up 35 points after going up 34? :wtf: Yeah sure the Jets still scored and managed to pull out a win, but this win is going to be made out like they are Super Bowl champions or something. A) They beat Arizona (Who as always THIS is THEIR season and B) After going up 34-0 where did they go? Did the ynot come back out on the field?

Dubz
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Nice....I didnt get to watch but a career high for Favre says alot about his decision.

dw13
09-28-2008, 08:06 PM
What give up 35 points after going up 34? :wtf: Yeah sure the Jets still scored and managed to pull out a win, but this win is going to be made out like they are Super Bowl champions or something. A) They beat Arizona (Who as always THIS is THEIR season and B) After going up 34-0 where did they go? Did the ynot come back out on the field?

You crack me up :lol:

FlyGuy78
09-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Yeah they did and put up 22 more points.

Lucca Brazzi
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Jets won but I didn't like the quick scores that they let in after the half. I thought they went soft way too quickly. They rebounded on offense, but I think that the team has some issues on D. Favre may have finally figured out a few things, but you have to say that the Cards gave it away as much as the Jets won. If they shut them down (under 20 pts) then I would say they showed the NFL that they can dominate, but they fell a little short in that respect. Plus the Cards, while 2-1 going in, haven't done much in the recent past. Who knows where that team really ranks.

And what about the Boldin hit? Helmet to helmet, but no call. Do you think there will be a suspension or fine? The Cards were crazy to send the guy slot through the middle with 30 secs left down 20+. It was a poster child moment for putting guys in danger for nothing.

dw13
09-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, we allowed WAYYYY too much in the second half, but the first 15 points were from sitting prevent like all NFL teams do when they get a huge lead like that. After that we just had problems shutting down their pass, Jenkins was a MAN in the first half and then didn't play much in the second half. Our O obviously showed how explosive we could possibly be.

I know our D gave up so many passing yards, but we forced SEVEN turnovers. Thats a plus for your D, and they didn't run the ball / toss screens much, so they front 7 was pretty good.

As I said, yes it was ugly but now we can go into the BYE week with some pluses and still some negatives. I'm ready to see this team come out with some fire after the Bye.

b_illin
10-04-2008, 07:19 PM
You crack me up :lol:

You crack us up.:hic:

dw13
11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
All I really got to say is.... Ut Oh!

King_Killah
11-02-2008, 06:19 PM
All I really got to say is.... Ut Oh!

Huh.....oh shit. Oh no. What, what?

Hey, all I really have to say is "ut oh" also!

dw13
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Huh.....oh shit. Oh no. What, what?

Hey, all I really have to say is "ut oh" also!

:wtf:

King_Killah
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
:wtf:

What's the :wtf: for?

For this part "Huh.....oh shit. Oh no. What, what?" poking fun at your comment, or this part "Hey, all I really have to say is "ut oh" also!" because the Falcons are taking a giant shit on Oakland and are going to be 5-3 in a few minutes.

Which one?

keyboard
11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
What the fuck is "ut oh"? :lol:

King_Killah
11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
What the fuck is "ut oh"? :lol:

I know, I laughed too when I saw that... But I get what he was saying!

dw13
11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
What's the :wtf: for?

For this part "Huh.....oh shit. Oh no. What, what?" poking fun at your comment, or this part "Hey, all I really have to say is "ut oh" also!" because the Falcons are taking a giant shit on Oakland and are going to be 5-3 in a few minutes.

Which one?

Neither, the one where you put us as no chance against the Bills, and everyone was taking the Bills and we went to Buffalo and won.

FlyGuy78
11-02-2008, 08:47 PM
you went to BUF and got lucky they couldn't score in the Red Zone today. Please don't tell me after watching this game that you are more excited about your Jets than you were before. Any team that plays the Jets and can throw the ball will win everytime. They are usually good vs. teams that tend to rely more on the run since the best thing about the Jets is their run defense. I think they beat KK's 7 win bet, but I don't see them making the playoffs.

dw13
11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
you went to BUF and got lucky they couldn't score in the Red Zone today. Please don't tell me after watching this game that you are more excited about your Jets than you were before. Any team that plays the Jets and can throw the ball will win everytime. They are usually good vs. teams that tend to rely more on the run since the best thing about the Jets is their run defense. I think they beat KK's 7 win bet, but I don't see them making the playoffs.

You CANT be serious about that first line? THEY couldn't score in the RZ? WHAT ABOUT US? NEITHER team could score in the RZ, don't givem e that shit. "Any team that can throw the ball will win everytime" well Trent could throw the ball coming in, what happend? He didn't lead his team to much.

Dubz
11-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Go Jets

J-e-t-s

:p