PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Rams

King_Killah
02-28-2008, 06:54 PM
ST. LOUIS (AP)—The Rams released wide receiver Isaac Bruce (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2914/;_ylt=AjtNlAPqhUSvmExWMMEPPogdsLYF) on Thursday, cutting ties with the last player remaining from the team’s 1995 move from Los Angeles to St. Louis.
Gus Frerotte (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2869/;_ylt=AswJlkJu0psZzhPZJMwtEEUdsLYF), the backup quarterback the last two seasons, also was released. The moves came hours before the start of free agency.
Bruce, a second-round draft pick in 1994, is among the NFL career leaders with 942 receptions for 14,109 yards and 84 touchdowns. He was released after the Rams were unsuccessful in attempts to restructure his contract.
Frerotte, also a 14-year veteran, made three starts when starter Marc Bulger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5197/;_ylt=Ah0HxJ3SOj1LLAihZ1e7dz8dsLYF) was sidelined by injury. Frerotte played in nine games overall.

Who gives a f*ck about Frerotte, but I am shocked at Bruce. I thought they'd keep him around until he called it quits.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-01-2008, 04:01 AM
they also appear to be one of 3 in the Faneca sweeps.. along with NYJ and SF

suckerpuncher
03-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Linehan, Shaw and Jay-Z should rot in hell for cutting Bruce and letting him go to the Whiners.

But after all the cuts including DE Hall they had enough cap space to give Brown the highest contract ever for a kicker.
Per se the move to sing Brown and weaken a divison rival is a good one but the price is ridiculus. They could have saved about $12 mio by signing Lovell who had a great camp last year.

And there are much bigger needs on the team even after Wilkins retired.

King_Killah
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Linehan, Shaw and Jay-Z should rot in hell for cutting Bruce and letting him go to the Whiners.

But after all the cuts including DE Hall they had enough cap space to give Brown the highest contract ever for a kicker.
Per se the move to sing Brown and weaken a divison rival is a good one but the price is ridiculus. They could have saved about $12 mio by signing Lovell who had a great camp last year.

And there are much bigger needs on the team even after Wilkins retired.

Puncher.... Dude you had me crying with this post... The huge rant on the dismissal of Bruce, which I completely agree with, then the saviour signing... a kicker! Wow man.... Awesome. Hahaha... But while, they may have "weakened" the Seattle SeaFrauds, they strengthened the San Francisco 49ers by cutting Bruce and having him sign there.

suckerpuncher
03-10-2008, 07:28 PM
After I thought the FO somehow turned around with the signing of LG Bell and to some extend even TE Becht they now signed QB Green.

If they were looking for someone even more fragile behind that line than Bulger they really found their guy.

Even if they now draft a QB which is really a must now who then gets Green as mentor for Saunders offense they still have no #2 QB on th roster in case Bulger goes down again.
Green is one hit away from a wheel chair, if he gets lucky.

Looks like another NFC West title for the SeaFrauds I guess.

two24four
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
They should really be thinking about drafting OT Jake Long to help protect these guys.

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Bulger is actually a pretty tough dude, so that shows you how weak the line is when he gets crushed game in and game out. I don't mind the Green signing so much as a number two. If they brought him in as starter, forget it. Two steps backwards there. I am actually gonna be surprised if Green makes it to the season and doesn't pack it in. There was talk about him hanging it up, wonder if that is still the word.

King_Killah
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Contract negotiations between the Rams and rookie DE Chris Long, the No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft, are going well and both sides hope to have an agreement by the start of training camp next week. Rams executive Jay Zygmunt has met with agent Marvin Demoff twice now and they could meet again as soon as this afternoon. "We remain very optimistic that we're going to be able to get everything worked out and that Chris will be in camp on time," Zygmunt said. "Marvin expressed how important that is to Chris, and we expressed how important it is to the Rams."

Not sure how high the Rams defense is on anyone's radar, but hopefully they get this done before camp.

suckerpuncher
07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
All deals except Avery's are done.
And Kreider got signed as FB

Damn Wroten got a 1-year suspension which hurts the DT once again.

King_Killah
07-31-2008, 04:35 PM
St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackSt00-1.php) missed his fourth day of camp today. He is keeping in touch, though with HC Scott Linehan. Linehan hasn't spoken with Jackson since Wednesday. Instead, he's been text-messaging Jackson. Several teammates also have been in contact, including backup running back Antonio Pittman (http://www.footballguys.com/PittAn00-1.php), who's been getting the bulk of Jackson's carries. Pittman said he's spoken with Jackson, while staying out of the impasse.
Tight end Randy McMichael (http://www.footballguys.com/McMiRa01-1.php) said he's checked in several times with Jackson.

"He misses it, don't think he doesn't miss this because I know he does," McMichael said. "But this is the business part of the game. He's not the first person to do it and he's not going to be the last person to do it. It's just part of the game."

Coach Scott Linehan said he had "no idea" where Jackson is during the holdout.

The coach also said Jay Zygmunt, the team's president of football operations, again reported no progress.

"We talk about it all the time, and there's really nothing new to add," Linehan said.

The Rams have to cave on their stance to not negotiate until he shows up... You heard me say it before though... The player needs to do his job and let his agent(s) do his.

suckerpuncher
07-31-2008, 04:45 PM
I concur, KK. It's bad if someone who's still under contract just refuses to work. Even though he's underpaid right now.

But he has to be there by August, 8th, otherwise he'd really hurt himself. So I assume he just tries to show off a bit right now.
And finally a good decision by the FO (there aren't many of those) to refuse negotiations until he reports to camp.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Running back Steven Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackSt00-1.php) continued to holdout. Jackson missed all of training camp while seeking a new contract. He was not at Rams Park on Friday either, as the team works to bring him to practice.
Coach Scott Linehan met with President of Football Operations Jay Zygmunt on Thursday. Linehan said progress is being made, though the extent of that progress is unclear.

"I know they have had some talks," Linehan said. "I know it's moving along. Whatever that means, it sounds positive to me."

New rule: Hold outs = cut immediately plus NFL suspension.

FlyGuy78
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
New rule: Hold outs = cut immediately plus NFL suspension.

yeah, i'd like to see the Player's Union go for that one!! :rolleyes:

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
yeah, i'd like to see the Player's Union go for that one!! :rolleyes:

F*ck the players union. Cut them too.

So... you tell me (saying you had a job), that if you thought you were amongst the companies top employees yet your paycheck wasn't reflecting it, and you "held out" that you wouldn't get fired??? Its called no call, no show. Unexcusable absence. Immediate cause for termination. I don't give a f*ck. I am tired of all these players signing their deals, then when they think they are a little better than when they signed the deal, they feel its OK to sit out. F*ck them.

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 07:35 AM
As I agree that players should hold up their end of a contract, you CAN NOT compare a football team to a normal company. The guy sitting in cubicle #34 isn't bringing in the company millions upon millions upon millions of dollars by showing up to work every day. He may be doing a great job and making the company some money, but not what NFL players are making for their teams. It's a lot easier to replace Joe Schmoe than it is a SJax or Brian Westbrook. I'm not saying holding out is the right thing to do, but don't compare the two.

AND.......some players do very much OUTPLAY their current contracts, i.e. Brian Westbrook. He's one the best RB in the game and is 85% of his team's offense. He wasn't getting paid nearly what other top RB are getting paid.

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
As I agree that players should hold up their end of a contract, you CAN NOT compare a football team to a normal company. The guy sitting in cubicle #34 isn't bringing in the company millions upon millions upon millions of dollars by showing up to work every day. He may be doing a great job and making the company some money, but not what NFL players are making for their teams. It's a lot easier to replace Joe Schmoe than it is a SJax or Brian Westbrook. I'm not saying holding out is the right thing to do, but don't compare the two.

AND.......some players do very much OUTPLAY their current contracts, i.e. Brian Westbrook. He's one the best RB in the game and is 85% of his team's offense. He wasn't getting paid nearly what other top RB are getting paid.

I don't doubt that some players outplay their contracts. I get that... But being a prick and holding out is a jack ass thing to do. Westbrook did the right thing. He showed up and let his agents work out the deal. The players need to hold up their end of the contract and let their agents do their end. If I was a GM/OWNER of ANY team and a player held out, I would even begin to consider renegotiating shit with him, except perhaps which toilets he'll be cleaning out of the 3rd string practice locker room.

That all said... A little more on Jackson.

Despite rumblings over the weekend that there might be some movement on the Steven Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackSt00-1.php) front, sources familiar with the negotiations, or lack thereof, say there was no dialogue between the St. Louis Rams and Jackson's agent save for a brief phone call Friday between the parties. So the holdout continues. For the first time, Rams coach Scott Linehan conceded Sunday that time is of the essence in getting Jackson ready for the season opener Sept. 7 in Philadelphia. "It is getting critical to where time now becomes more of an issue for just the physical part of getting ready for the opener," Linehan said. "Every day we miss now does start to factor in as to what the workload will be from the start."

Jackson owners should be concerned.

hc_aysche
08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
As a die hard Rams fan, FUCK STEVEN JACKSON! In fact. MOTHA FUCK STEPHEN JACKSON!!

suckerpuncher
08-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Maybe it's not all about the money. Maybe he wants the Rams to cover for his colonoscopies. :D

But he should finally show up, once again fire his agent and hope the new one knows what he does. It's getting annoying.

suckerpuncher
08-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Finally.

Steven Jackson has decided to end his holdout and will report to the Rams on Wednesday evening.
He will resume practicing on Friday. The sides have not agreed to a new contract, but Jackson is confident enough an agreement will be reached to report to the team. He has 18 days to get up to speed with the offense, which is plenty in our opinion. Jackson's fines for missing camp totaled $408,132.

Good sign that the FO didn't gave in. NOW it's time to make a deal.

two24four
08-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you, I need him in one of KK's league's, was alittle worried he might now play this season at all.

rico3994
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
F*ck the players union. Cut them too.

So... you tell me (saying you had a job), that if you thought you were amongst the companies top employees yet your paycheck wasn't reflecting it, and you "held out" that you wouldn't get fired??? Its called no call, no show. Unexcusable absence. Immediate cause for termination. I don't give a f*ck. I am tired of all these players signing their deals, then when they think they are a little better than when they signed the deal, they feel its OK to sit out. F*ck them.

You can't compare a normal worker and someone who gets paid to take 20 hits a game. RBs only have so many good years on them and if they don't make their money now, they are only a broken leg away from having their contracts terminated by the team. If the team can cut (and not pay) whoever they like, how can you be against the players trying to get paid while they can?

Remember LJ holding out last year...he knew that 400 carries a year isn't exactly the best thing for a long career. Do you think he would have been offered the same deal this summer after he was hurt as what he signed when he renegotiated his contract?

King_Killah
08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackSt00-1.php) is ending his holdout and will be at the team's facility this evening. He is expected to be at practice tomorrow. Jackson does not have a contract yet, but sources on both sides are confident a deal will be reached soon. His total fines for missing camp are $408,132 at a $15,116 per day clip. Team president Jay Zygmunt had previously said the team would not negotiate with Jackson until he was in camp.

Its about time... Glad to see Jackson cave and not the team.

dw13
08-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Its about time... Glad to see Jackson cave and not the team.

I think both kind of caved in. I think the Rams pretty much said to Jackson and his people, "show up in camp and you will get your damn money" when they realized he actually would sit out for a very extended period of time. I just don't think they believed he would until now.

Either way, good to have him back there.

King_Killah
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
While the dotted line has yet to be signed, Rams RB Steven Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackSt00-1.php) has agreed in principle to a contract extension and it should be finalized later today. Jackson was on the practice field with his teammates this morning. Terms of the contract are currently unknown but it is believed to be similar in numbers to the seven-year, $50 million offer the Rams sent Jackson back in July. Sources familiar with the negotiations said the holdout was due to how the dollars would be structured in the final contract. When you're talking about this kind of money, there's going to be some kind of gripes and concerns," Jackson said. "In negotiations, no one gets 100 percent what they want, so it was just the two of us coming to an agreement on some things."

Glad that this is over. Now let's see what Jackson can handle mentally and physically. Too often we see guys blow a hamstring trying to come back too fast.

suckerpuncher
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Such an unmotivated bunch of crap. They absolutely play against Linehan so get his ass out of there. He hs brought anything to the team in the last 2 year.

And now with Bennett out the move of cutting Bruce looks even more stupid than t orignally looked. And that says something.

This is to another Top 3 pick. :beer:

Edit: Eddie Kennison, for real? :freak:

FlyGuy78
09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
how about that catch by Holt!!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 03:48 PM
how about that catch by Holt!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

was getting worried after last weeks numbers...

suckerpuncher
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Asked Monday about the team's 0-2 start, Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom said: "Things will get better, and if they don't changes will be made."
Coach Scott Linehan is likely on pretty thin ice at this point. "Obviously, the game of football is about winning," Rosenbloom said. "The level of play is not acceptable to me or anybody in the organization." Offensive coordinator Al Saunders, who along with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett would seemingly be the top candidates to replace Linehan, called the team "a fragile group" and suggested that "we've got to stay the course."
Source: ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3590538)
Will they finally do that move? It's about time.

KK, who'll last longer? Linehan or Kiffin? :D

King_Killah
09-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Will they finally do that move? It's about time.

KK, who'll last longer? Linehan or Kiffin? :D

Linehan.... but only by a week or two.

Oakland is going to get whomped by Buffalo and that is the end of Kiffin. Seattle will beat up St. Louis, I would say that it would be a back and forth game like the Seahawks/49ers this past week, but the Rams are somehow really just bad. Something is not clicking, and I don't understand. They have a good line up front, Bulger is healthy, they have a run game, their pass game should be good still. The defense should be the weak part, but even they are better than last season. St. Louis ownership will let Linehan slide until week 4, when coincidentally Buffalo rolls into town and ends up costing Linehan his job too!

FlyGuy78
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
The Raiders could beat Buffalo 49-0 and Grandpa Al is still going to think about firing him. I don't think it's the right move to fire the guy, but either do it already or STFU and let the man do his job.

FlyGuy78
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
oh and Linehan goes first...fuck the Rams, they absolutely suck donkey ballz. The Raiders may suck, but not that bad. Atleast we can show we have a run game.

suckerpuncher
09-16-2008, 06:26 PM
I'd really like to think those bad games were a due to a lack of attitude and getting Linehan finally fired. But than again it can't be any good if Bulgers gets rolled over on every pass attempt. Given his injury history that can't be healthy.

If they can't beat the wreck called SeaFrauds this week Linehan should leave on his own before it gets really ugly for.

I still remember reading the last report out of training camp where it said that Linehan practiced the victory formation on the last day of camp. What for?
To finally protect Bulger and run down the clock so the opponent won't score on INT's and fumbles?

It's so hard to see what happened to TGSOT.

MTR
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
As a Rams fan I have been just sick since the beginning of last season. I was not against bringing Linehan back to start last season but they should have fired his ass after that horrible start. Even if you finish the season with him you need to fire him the day the season ended. But it seems that Georgia wanted him to stay and said so on her deathbed so the kids did not fire him when they took over. Of course they are about to fire him and I am not sure what they are waiting on.

There is more to it than that. We have drafted bad since Martz was the coach. Jackson being an exception. The O-Line sucks ass and has and they won't fucking fix it. Bulger is talented enough to get some passing yards and TDs but not with the line he has now. He has been sacked like 10 fucking times already. Give me a break.

They should have never let Bruce go.

Jackson is an ass that held out. I hate that. I don't care what anyone says. Don't hold out. Contracts can be sorted why you train and practice with the team. Jackson is not doing us a damn bit of good at the moment in part due to that hold out and of course the horrible line in front of him. I hated how Pace used to skip camp every summer and hold out.

They shoudl just clean house on a lot of levels and not just the coach and just call it a wash and see what they can do.

King_Killah
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
oh and Linehan goes first...fuck the Rams, they absolutely suck donkey ballz. The Raiders may suck, but not that bad. Atleast we can show we have a run game.

With the Fargas injury, I am ready to see what Michael Bush can do. I even picked him up in one of my leagues!

MTR
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Just shoot me know. This team is terrible.

Kyle
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Bulger should be a 4300 yd, 30 TD QB consistenty, and Jackson should be a 1400+ yeard, ~15 TD RB consistently. I don't need to say a word about Holt. Its absolutely sad what this utterly terrible organization is doing to these top talents.

King_Killah
09-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Just shoot me know. This team is terrible.

A four team fight on who the shitbag of the league is this year...

The Rams
The Lions
The Browns
The Chiefs

The Raiders are close to this list...but have to say these four teams make the Raiders look like perrenial Super Bowl champions.

MTR
09-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Bulger should be a 4300 yd, 30 TD QB consistenty, and Jackson should be a 1400+ yeard, ~15 TD RB consistently. I don't need to say a word about Holt. Its absolutely sad what this utterly terrible organization is doing to these top talents.

For the most part I agree but the line did in fact do better yesterday and Bulger just didn't get it done at times.

The play calls on some of the run plays for Jackson were just horrible. He is big guy that needs to smash his way down the middle yet they would call plays to the outside.

Again I have to agree for the most part. There are some tools there to get the job done if they would work on fixing things.

Multiple changes need to be done on many levels. Doesn't do any good to get the top pick in the draft either when you can't draft for shit.

It is just painful to watch all this go down.

suckerpuncher
09-23-2008, 11:42 AM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Marc Bulger will be benched this week for Trent Green.
No other details are available yet, so we'll see if Bulger is healthy. If he is, this is a desperate move by a desperate team, and we doubt it will go well. Green is below league average as a starter and is unlikely to ignite this offense. Bulger signed a big contract last year, but his future with the organization is now. Fantasy owners should get the news confirmed, then feel free to drop him. Sep. 23 - 12:07 pm et

You gotta be kidding me. This can only be a bad joke.
Whoever made that decision should be fired asap.

King_Killah
09-23-2008, 11:45 AM
You gotta be kidding me. This can only be a bad joke.
Whoever made that decision should be fired asap.

But then you have to ask yourself, what exactly has Bulger done?

MTR
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
The line held up better last week(granted not a lot better but better still) and Bulger didn't take advantage. He was sacked once where as he had been sacked like 10 times in two games to start the season. That being said I probably would not make this move though because honestly it has not been all his fault. There are bigger issues to deal with when it comes to this team instead of switching qbs which won't do shit for the offense.

suckerpuncher
09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
With the way the line played so far what's the Over/Under before Green gets knocked out of the game? 1 quarter?

suckerpuncher
09-24-2008, 09:21 AM
And now staring CB Fakhir Brown has been released and been replaced by Jason Craft.

Who's calling the shots there right now? Al Davis' brother?

FlyGuy78
09-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Who's calling the shots there right now? Al Davis' brother?

yup, Hal Davis!! :D

suckerpuncher
09-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Seems like it's official now. If the Rams lose Linehan loses his job according to Rotoworld.com:

SI's Peter King is reporting that coach Scott Linehan is expected to be given his "walking papers" if the Rams lose to the Bills on Sunday.
Linehan has the Rams off to an 0-3 start and has nearly lost the faith of his entire offense. Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Torry Holt have all spoken out, or at least hinted, that they're fed up with their head coach. Sep. 27 - 6:28 pm et
Source: Associated Press (http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=4149)

Never thought I'd say it but I actual want the Rams to lose a game.
Nothing against the man Scott Linehan but as coach he hit the wall quite some time ago and it's now time to go.

Dubz
09-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry but its actually a little bit relieving to see others in such torment. Not that I enjoy it or anything (its not fantasy)

suckerpuncher
09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
As expect Linehan was fired.
But instead of making things better now Haslett is the new HC on interim basis. The way the team was outscored so far it don't fell like this was trhis smartest move. They better should have fired Haslett as well.

Nort sure if Jay-Z is now gone too but Adam Schefter last week reports Jay-Z fate is bound to Linehan's.

Chip should completely clean house in the off-season and fire Haslett, Jay-Z and Shaw and start over from scratch with better personell.

Edit:
Just read Burwell's column on StlToday.com and found the following:

Zygmunt will be accorded a dignified retirement at season's end, a reward for 27 years as a faithful, though far too ineffective, soldier. Shaw could also go quietly into the sunset at year's end.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/990F37D145F30213862574D30015072B?OpenDocument

FlyGuy78
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
i told ya he would go before Kiffin.

MTR
09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah they need to clean house up top as well down below. Haslett was given the interim job I think due to his previous head coaching experience. Saunders has experience but not as much.

About damn time they got rid of the coach though. He should have been let go last season. Now they need to work on other areas.

I just hope they win one game this season.

suckerpuncher
10-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Winless no more.

And how did they do it? With their defense!

Mmh, the Redskins defeated the Cowboys and the Rams defeated the Redskins. What does that mean for next weeks game against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will fall!
Superbowl, baby.

Alright, I know not likely but a man can dream, right? :lol:

The Rams can only win 4 more games otherwise Haslett stays HC for the next year and this won't help the team long-term.
With both Shaw and Jay-Z leaving the have the chance to finally clean house and start fresh and this should include a new HC.

King_Killah
10-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Winless no more.

And how did they do it? With their defense!

Mmh, the Redskins defeated the Cowboys and the Rams defeated the Redskins. What does that mean for next weeks game against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will fall!
Superbowl, baby.

Alright, I know not likely but a man can dream, right? :lol:

The Rams can only win 4 more games otherwise Haslett stays HC for the next year and this won't help the team long-term.
With both Shaw and Jay-Z leaving the have the chance to finally clean house and start fresh and this should include a new HC.

Even if the team doesn't win 6 games, Haslett will probably stick around for at least another year. And sure, you can certainly dream. Haha... Perfect let down spot for the Skins, a point in which I believe I covered in the Picks Thread. That would actually be awesome to see the Rams beat Dallas, but... Not so sure about that. Maybe if Dallas ended up winning the Arizona game. I can see this being a double digit spread again though, so I may be tempted to take the Rams two weeks in a row.

MTR
10-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Hell I am impressed. I didn't see the game but nice to see a win though. Honestly thought they would not have a chance to win a game under Haslett for a few weeks due to the schedule. I just hope they grab a few more wins.

suckerpuncher
10-25-2008, 02:18 PM
After Haslett already got 2 out of the 6 victories he needs to becaome the HC again next year the NFL voided his contract.

Per Rotoworld:

The NFL has voided the contract between the Rams and Jim Haslett that would have guaranteed him the job in 2009 if he won six games.
The agreement was not in accordance with the Rooney Rule, which stipulates that a minority is interviewed for head coaching positions. The league says this is different than the Colts and Seahawks naming their head coaching successors early because those decisions happened in the offseason. This could help Haslett get a higher price from the Rams or shop his wares elsewhere if the 2008 season goes well.
Source: CBSSports.com (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11060720)

Seems like a fresh start is possible next year afterall.

nyihater4life
01-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Rams hire Spagnuolo to be head coach.

suckerpuncher
01-18-2009, 06:06 AM
That's a good first step.
Now they need a great DC and Mad Mike as OC.

Maybe that would make Holt stay.

suckerpuncher
04-25-2009, 07:44 PM
OT Smith and ILB Laurinaitis. So far so good. Maybe Maualuga would have been a better choice but who knows.

Now the needs are a WR, CB and maybe a QB prospect. If they don't take a QB again in this draft it will be one of the big needs in next years draft.

two24four
04-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Laurinaitis was a great pick IMO.

Spartan
04-26-2009, 12:24 AM
The Rams should look at Michael Johnson first thing in round 3. He would fit well in a D-line rotation.

King_Killah
04-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Laurinaitis huh... I am glad he stayed in school and didn't come out last year. He will certainly help the Rams. The Jason Smith pick is a good pick, too. A little concerned about the Foster kid who had knee surgery, but in the 5th, I guess he has the speed and size to warrant that pick. Keith Null out of WEST TEXAS A&M..... Hahahahahaha........ His QB coach was Ryan Leaf. Don't even waste time or money stitching a name on a jersey for him. Hahah...

King_Killah
04-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh.......and it is completely and utterly inexcusable for the Rams to sign Kyle Boller. He is still a piece of shit. The NFL should take the Raiders and Kyle Boller and kick both of them out of the NFL... Rex Grossman, too!

King_Killah
05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
In an interview with ESPN Radio in St. Louis, McAllister said he views the Rams as a perfect fit. McAllister, who spent much of last season standing on the sideline after two major knee injuries, said he still believes he can play. However, he did admit he'd be best suited as a part-time player who can help lighten the load of a featured back.

I wouldn't even waste time on looking at his name. You have Jackson. Behind him you have Antonio Pittman, Kenneth Darby, Chris Ogbonnaya, and Samkon Gado. You have a 4-game suspension for McAllister at the beginning of the season. F*ck him!

suckerpuncher
05-31-2009, 04:11 PM
St. Louis Rams soon will be put up for sale

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
05/31/2009

Here's an early heads-up for any wealthy individuals, families or potential investor groups in the St. Louis area who dream of owning an NFL franchise:

You're in luck.

But you might want to act fast, because the Rams are likely to hit the open market in the near future, officially offered for sale by majority owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez.

After inheriting control of the Rams in early 2008 from their late mother, Georgia Frontiere, Rosenbloom and Rodriguez have concentrated on reorganizing the football operation. And they've had to deal with complex estate-tax issues in the aftermath of their mother's death.

With substantial progress made in those areas, the timetable for a sale has moved up.

Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation told the Post-Dispatch on Saturday that Rosenbloom and Rodriguez have retained the services of Goldman Sachs, the prominent investment banking firm.

The owners will ask Goldman Sachs to help facilitate the sale of the Rams by evaluating bids and soliciting potential buyers.

The sale price is unknown, but Forbes magazine's most recent estimate listed the Rams' value at $929 million.

And if you are a St. Louis Rams fan, here's the reason to be concerned: I'm told there will be no preconditions attached to the sale of the Rams. This means the Rams could be scooped up by out-of-town buyers.

And that's a dramatic — and potentially ominous — development, given the Rams' shaky lease at the Edward Jones Dome.

Until now, Rosenbloom, the franchise's managing partner, has said he was open to the idea of selling the Rams as long as the new owner agreed to keep the team in St. Louis, long-term. Rosenbloom hoped that his pledge would entice a buyer from the St. Louis community.

According to a source familiar with Rosenbloom's thinking, Rosenbloom is discouraged by the apparent lack of local ownership interest. Rosenbloom, the source said, has been waiting for more than a year for a St. Louis-area bidder to step forward, to no avail.

The source said Rosenbloom's strong preference is to sell to St. Louis representatives. But with nothing happening on the St. Louis front, Rosenbloom has reluctantly concluded that the only way to expedite a sale is to make the Rams available to any party, near or far. And that includes Los Angeles, the Rams' home until moving to St. Louis in 1995.

When reached Saturday, Rosenbloom declined to comment on sale and stadium issues. "The most important thing for me right now is putting a winning team on the field," he said. "And we don't want that goal to be disrupted in any way."

Rodriguez could not be reached for comment.

Rosenbloom and Rodriguez own a combined 60 percent of the Rams, with Stan Kroenke still in place with a 40 percent ownership share.

I'm told that Kroenke wants to retain his 40 percent piece of the Rams. That's a positive development. Local bidders would have to fund a 60 percent purchase instead of all 100 percent.

According to strict NFL rules on cross-ownership, Kroenke is prohibited from being the majority owner of the Rams unless he first sells two other teams that he owns, the NBA's Denver Nuggets and NHL's Colorado Avalanche.

If the Rams are to be secured for St. Louis on a long-term basis, finding a local owner is the first and most important step.

Unless local ownership emerges, the Rams' future in St. Louis is increasingly uncertain.

The Rams' lease agreement with the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission stipulates that the Edward Jones Dome must be a "top-tier" facility that ranks among the top eight stadiums in terms of quality in the 32-team NFL by 2015.

If that top-level status is not met, the Rams would be able to opt out of the stadium lease following the 2014 season.

It's virtually impossible for the CVC to meet that top-eight standard. By 2010, 23 NFL stadiums will have been built or thoroughly renovated since the Edward Jones Dome opened in 1995.

Even with a $30 million upgrade that's being done now, the Edward Jones Dome will be one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL by 2015.

In 2012 the CVC and the Rams will each submit a plan to suitably improve the Dome. And if they can't agree, the dispute will go to arbitration.

The source with knowledge of Rosenbloom's thinking describes the owner as reluctant to get into an extended and nasty battle with the CVC — which probably explains the timing of Rosenbloom's decision to sell sooner.

This is what concerns me:

Coming up with public financing to build a new football stadium in St. Louis is virtually impossible. What about public dollars for a massive renovation of the Dome? A long shot — though voters in Jackson County, Mo., passed a sales-tax increase to refurbish Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs.

And what about a compromise solution that could make the Dome workable for the Rams and the CVC for the intermediate future until both sides agree on a long-range plan?

If an out-of-towner gets control of the franchise and is determined to move to, say, Los Angeles, it would be easy to play hardball and rebuff the CVC's efforts to reach that compromise.

But if new local ownership emerges to take charge of the Rams, I believe the chances of conciliation will increase dramatically.

Make no mistake, the Rams will be in play — and soon.

Will a local buyer preserve the franchise for St. Louis? And how will city-regional leadership respond to the challenge?

It's time for St. Louis to come up with an effective prevent defense.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/E76D1319278A6843862575C70010D605?OpenDocument
It's not really new that the owners wanted to sell the team so they don't have to pay those massive taxes.

But the lack of local interest, pushing up the plans to sell and the fact that the team doesn't have to stay sounds really bad for St. Louis to retain the Rams. :\

Is there really no love for the Rams in St. Louis?

suckerpuncher
05-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Per Rotoworld:

The Rams have "genuine interest" in suspended Falcons QB Michael Vick, according to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post.
"If (commissioner Roger Goodell) reinstates him, look for (the Rams) to actively pursue him," Lombardi writes. "It makes sense, a new coach with an older quarterback (Marc Bulger) who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism." The Rams have denied it and their ownership situation is in flux, but Lombardi says the team has done its due diligence on Vick. With their long-term quarterback situation up in the air, Vick could be a possibility to succeed Bulger.Source: National Football Post

I'm not sure if he would be good replacement for Bulger. Granted his (former) speed and quickness and his ability for short dump-off passes suits well in the new West Coast Offense the Rams want to implement.
But he hasn't played in more than two years or even really trained.

I hope it's just another rumor and that there's no truth to it.

b_illin
06-01-2009, 07:58 PM
It's not really new that the owners wanted to sell the team so they don't have to pay those massive taxes.

But the lack of local interest, pushing up the plans to sell and the fact that the team doesn't have to stay sounds really bad for St. Louis to retain the Rams. :\

Is there really no love for the Rams in St. Louis?

Back to L.A.!

King_Killah
06-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, reports that while there is no clear-cut backup to starting running back Steven Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackSt00-1.php), Kenneth Darby looks like the leading contender for the spot.

Darby has been looking like his junior year at Alabama more than his senior year. Which is a good thing. He looks to be the best bet if you are looking to handcuff someone to Steven Jackson for the injury hedge.

King_Killah
07-28-2009, 08:24 PM
WR Ronald Curry (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/CurrRo01-1.php) passed his physical with the St. Louis Rams, which officially completed his trade to St. Louis from the Detroit Lions. The Rams sent DT Orien Harris to the Lions in exchange for him.

Well, Curry was the one bright spot in Oakland. But geez...if all St. Louis has to look forward to the opposite side of Avery is Curry, Laurent Robinson, and Keenan Burton they are in dire trouble.

King_Killah
08-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports that WR Donnie Avery (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/AverDo00-1.php) will be out 4-6 weeks with a foot injury. Head coach Steve Spagnuolo said, "MRI showed more than we thought. 4 to 6 week injury. We'll have more in the morning."

The only downside to doing fantasy drafts early... I have seen Avery go early in drafts. Still its only 4-6 weeks so he shouldn't miss too much regular season time.

Hockeyis#1
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
The only downside to doing fantasy drafts early... I have seen Avery go early in drafts. Still its only 4-6 weeks so he shouldn't miss too much regular season time.

I never understood why do drafts so early. I always plan mine the week before Week 1. That way, injuries are all reported, depth charts are pretty clear and you have a good feel leaving preseason of who's ready and who isn't.

suckerpuncher
08-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Schedule
Week 1 @ Seahawks
Week 2 @ Redskins
Week 3 vs Packers
Week 4 @ 49ers
Week 5 vs Vikings
Week 6 @ Jaguars
Week 7 vs Colts
Week 8 @ Lions
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 vs Saints
Week 11 vs Cardinals
Week 12 vs Seahawks
Week 13 @ Bears
Week 14 @ Titans
Week 15 vs Texans
Week 16 @ Cardinals
Week 17 vs 49ers

There's a big chance for an 0-7 start before facing the Lions in week 8.So it's not a surprise if the Rams go 1-7 into the Bye week. But even the Lions game is far from s sure shot.
After the Bye there are maybe 2 or 3 wins aginst the division rivals at home.

But in the end not much more than 4-12 maybe 5-11 at best.

Strange is the fact that Smith plays RT and not LT right away. Mr. False-Start Alex Barron plays LT maybe because he doesn't suck as much there than he does as RT. But still a surpirse they don't give the LT job to Smith right away.

Unless the Rams already plan to draft and start a left-handed QB in 2010. Tim Tebow, anyone?

King_Killah
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Schedule
Week 1 @ Seahawks
Week 2 @ Redskins
Week 3 vs Packers
Week 4 @ 49ers
Week 5 vs Vikings
Week 6 @ Jaguars
Week 7 vs Colts
Week 8 @ Lions
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 vs Saints
Week 11 vs Cardinals
Week 12 vs Seahawks
Week 13 @ Bears
Week 14 @ Titans
Week 15 vs Texans
Week 16 @ Cardinals
Week 17 vs 49ers

There's a big chance for an 0-7 start before facing the Lions in week 8.So it's not a surprise if the Rams go 1-7 into the Bye week. But even the Lions game is far from s sure shot.
After the Bye there are maybe 2 or 3 wins aginst the division rivals at home.

But in the end not much more than 4-12 maybe 5-11 at best.

Strange is the fact that Smith plays RT and not LT right away. Mr. False-Start Alex Barron plays LT maybe because he doesn't suck as much there than he does as RT. But still a surpirse they don't give the LT job to Smith right away.

Unless the Rams already plan to draft and start a left-handed QB in 2010. Tim Tebow, anyone?

1,000,000% agree with this.

King_Killah
09-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Bill Coats, from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports that in a preseason game against the team that traded him away Laurent Robinson (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/RobiLa01-1.php) had game highs of five catches and 65 yards Aug. 21 vs. Atlanta, perhaps exorcising any lingering hard feelings while also solidifying his first-team assignment opposite second-year wideout Donnie Avery (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/AverDo00-1.php). "I never really thought I was going to make it to the NFL," said Robinson, 24. "But the reality is here, and I'm excited for it."

I have mixed thoughts on this. ONE...IF YOU PLAY BALL, you...BETTER believe in yourself enough to make it to the pros. So, I am not excited over the lack of confidence here. But, although he didn't do much in Atlanta when he was there, I liked him and always thought that he could produce. In Atlanta he was always behind White, Jenkins, Crumpler, Finneran... He put up 400+ in '07 with limited looks. I am skeptical on the Rams offensive line to give Bulger/Boller time, but think Robinson could prove to be valuable.

suckerpuncher
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
And the injuries just continue.

Rams DT Adam Carriker reportedly needs shoulder surgery and could miss the rest of the season.
Carriker made his preseason debut last night after dealing with an ankle sprain and promptly injured his shoulder. It's the same shoulder that required surgery in the 2008 offseason. Gary Gibson will continue to start, but Carriker was one of the Rams most talented defenders. It's a major blow to their defense.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/09/rams-dt-adam-carriker-needs-shoulder-surgery/)

Looks more and more like another Top5 pick in 2010. Welcome Tim Tebow.

To to put a bit more money on the Under 5.5 wins this year.

King_Killah
10-23-2009, 07:26 PM
F*ck you kyle boller.....

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/kyle-boller.jpg

kyle boller asks center to stop snapping ball so hard
10.15.09 | issue 45•42 (http://www.theonion.com/content/index/4542)

dw13
10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
F*ck you kyle boller.....

Tara Reid really f*cked Boller :lol:

Dubz
10-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Ive heard he actually bought the tickets for the High School kids. Classy dude.

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/football/star+safety+returns+roots/2165139/story.html

b_illin
10-31-2009, 10:38 AM
When I was a stock broker, I tried to get OJ as a client when he got drafted.....someone beat me to the punch...but his dad and I got along well...he was a good guy.

two24four
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey, S-Jax has his 1st rushing TD of the year, finally. He's been a monster rushing this year, just did not have a TD to show for it.

suckerpuncher
01-03-2010, 12:04 PM
It really sucks if you look at the following.

Strange fact: The Rams started the decade as the best team in football and finish the decade as the worst.

:eek::eek::eek:

And now the question is whether to take Suh or Claussen (or maybe Locker if he decides to declare for the draft) with the #1 overall pick.

With already 2 early first round picks (Carricker and Long) on the D-Line and no QB with Bulger being cut in the off-season due his high salary and Boller and Null being shitty at best a QB is most likely the way to go.

two24four
01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
They should go with Claussen, they need a QB bad. Locker has already said he's staying in school one more year.

suckerpuncher
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
But Locker still has time to change his mind. Especially considering the likelihood of a rookie payscale for the 2011 draft once a new CBA is agreed to.
So this might be the last chance for a big paycheck early on.

dw13
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I'd go with Bradford or Suh

Spartan
01-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I'll call Clausen as the first pick. The QB play is shitty there and they need a guy to sell tix. Clausen is easily the most NFL ready. The Suh / Clausen debate will be similar to the one of Stafford or Curry last year in Detroit. I would bet on the QB.

Hockeyis#1
01-09-2010, 07:57 PM
http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/funny-sports-pictures-st-louis-rams-ref-rams-zebras.jpg

suckerpuncher
01-09-2010, 08:12 PM
That pretty much sums it up.

suckerpuncher
01-20-2010, 06:56 AM
St. Louis Rams owners weighing 3 offers

By Jim Thomas (JThomas@post-dispatch.com)
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
01/20/2010

St. Louis Rams owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez are closing in on a decision to accept one of three offers to purchase the team or walk away from the bidders and keep the franchise, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Tuesday.

A decision could be reached before the NFL draft in late April, not because of any kind of firm deadline, but simply to avoid uncertainty surrounding the team and its future entering the 2010 season.

All three offers, described as "acceptable" by the sources, are comparable to what the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise recently sold for — which was in the range of total franchise value of $720 million to $800 million.

The only known bid for the team is from a group of investors headed by St. Louis Blues hockey chairman Dave Checketts. The identity of the other two bidders remains unknown, although one was a relative late-comer in the process.

The three bidders are committed in varying degrees to keeping the franchise in St. Louis, and that may have an impact on any sale decision.

Rosenbloom and Rodriguez own 60 percent of the franchise, which they inherited from their late mother, Georgia Frontiere. Frontiere died on Jan. 18, 2008 — two years ago Monday — after a long battle with breast cancer. It is that 60 percent of the team that is for sale.

Stan Kroenke owns the other 40 percent of the team.

But at least one of the bids is for the full 100 percent of the team, in which case Kroenke's share would be bought out as well. But if Rosenbloom and Rodriguez end up selling only their 60 percent of the team, Kroenke could potentially scuttle the deal by saying he wants to "cash out," or sell his share of the team as well. If that's the case, the 60 percent investor may not have enough money to buy the full franchise.

Those close to Rosenbloom say he has yet to get any indication from Kroenke on what he will do, although there have been signals from the Kroenke camp that he will simply hold his 40 percent share of the team if Rosenbloom and Rodriguez sell their 60 percent.

Kroenke also has matching rights on any outside offers for the team. But under current NFL cross-ownership rules, he would not be allowed to exercise that right as long as he owns majority shares of the Denver Nuggets NBA team and the Colorado Avalanche NHL franchise. Kroenke also owns 29.9 percent of the English soccer club Arsenal, a team valued at $1.2 billion.

Some clarity could be added to the issue this week. The Rams' brain trust is meeting in Los Angeles today and Thursday for the team's annual end-of-season summit meeting. Kroenke is expected to attend at least one day's worth of the meetings. If Kroenke indicates that he's on board with any sale decision by Rosenbloom and Rodriguez, an agreement with a buyer could be signed relatively quickly.

Coach Steve Spagnuolo, general manager Billy Devaney and executive vice president of football operations Kevin Demoff will be in attendance at the Los Angeles meetings as well, with much of the discussion dealing with on-the-field matters.

Confidentiality agreements between the Rams and potential bidders have led to very little news about the potential sale of the franchise, which has been in St. Louis since 1995. One of the few exceptions came in October when word leaked out that radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh had joined a group of investors headed by Checketts.

The outcry from within and outside the NFL was so strong against Limbaugh's inclusion that he was dropped from the group Oct. 14.

But Checketts' group has gone forward without Limbaugh, finding alternative investment, and remains one of the groups in contention to buy the team, although not necessarily the front-runner. Checketts, through a spokesman, declined to comment Tuesday.

Technically, the decision to sell is Rosenbloom's because he has the controlling vote with the team. But it's highly unlikely he will sell the team without his sister's consent.

There is some sentiment in the family toward holding on to the team despite a 1-15 season that was the worst won-lost record in franchise history.

The Rosenbloom-Frontiere family has owned an NFL franchise — first the Colts, and now the Rams — for nearly 60 years. Only a handful of NFL teams have been owned by the same group, or family, for a longer period.

The pressure to sell the team comes from estate taxes resulting from the death of Frontiere. By 2014, Rosenbloom and Rodriguez must start paying on the principal of those estate taxes rather than the interest, and that increased payment would severely cut into the team's profits.

Despite the favorable lease arrangement at the Edward Jones Dome, the Rams are in the bottom quarter of the league's 32 teams in terms of profitability.

Even if the team is sold to an owner or ownership group not interested in keeping the team in St. Louis, the earliest the Rams could get out of the dome lease is following the 2014 season.

Link: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/79B0F77506AB48A5862576B1000C8CF8?OpenDocument

So there will be a decision before the draft. I think it's save to assume that if Checketts gets the team the probability of the team staying in St. Louis even after 2014 is very high.

Not sure though if the team ist still wanted then in St. Louis if they keep on losing. :D

suckerpuncher
02-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Seems like the Rams will have a new owner.

Rams will be sold to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan
http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/ramsownercrop.jpgShahid Khan (P-D)

By Bernie Miklasz (bjmiklasz@post-dispatch.com)
COPYRIGHT © 2010 - ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
02/11/2010

Rams owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez have entered into a signed agreement to sell the team to Shahid Khan, multiple NFL sources told the Post-Dispatch late Wednesday night.

Khan, 55, is the president of Flex-N-Gate Corp., an auto-parts manufacturer based in Urbana, Ill. Khan has lived in the Champaign-Urbana area for more than 40 years and is married with two adult children. Khan is a graduate of the School of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of Illinois.

According to league sources, Khan will purchase the 60 percent of the team owned by siblings Rosenbloom and Rodriguez, who inherited the franchise from their late mother, Georgia Frontiere, in early 2008. NFL owners must approve the sale.

The Rams owners and Khan won't close on the deal until sometime next month.

Stan Kroenke owns the 40 percent remaining, and it's unclear if Kroenke plans to retain his share. If Kroenke wants to be bought out, sources say Khan is likely to do so, and that would make him the 100 percent owner.

Kroenke also has the right of first refusal to buy the Rosenbloom-Rodriguez 60 percent, but current NFL rules barring cross ownership prevent Kroenke from taking over as the team's majority owner. Kroenke owns the Denver Nuggets in the NBA and the Colorado Avalanche in the NHL. To buy a controlling interest, Kroenke would have to persuade the NFL to change its ownership rules.

Multiple league sources describe Khan as an enthusiastic Rams fan who has attended home games at the Edward Jones Dome. League sources say Khan is committed to keeping the team in St. Louis — and that was an important consideration to Rosenbloom and Rodriguez in making their decision to sell to him.

The Rams will probably be able to vacate their lease agreement after the 2014 season, but sources say Khan is willing to work with local leaders in an effort to assure the team's long-term future in St. Louis. A source noted Khan's deep and stable roots in central Illinois as a sign that he wants to own an NFL franchise in St. Louis — and in no other market.

Moreover, Khan is said to have special feelings for St. Louis because he arrived in St. Louis early in his life when his parents moved to the United States from Pakistan.

Khan began working for Flex-N-Gate in 1970 and has owned the company since 1980. Under Khan's direction, Flex-N-Gate's revenue has increased to more than $2 billion. The company manufactures metal and plastic automotive components and assemblies, such as bumpers, grilles, hinges, interior panels and pillars, latches, pedal systems, parking brakes and running boards for a wide range of customers in the automobile industry including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, General Motors, Toyota and Volvo. Flex-N-Gate has more than 50 manufacturing and engineering facilities in the U.S., Argentina, Canada, Mexico and Spain.

Khan received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Illinois in 1999 and has served on multiple boards at Illinois.

Rosenbloom and Rodriguez entertained several other offers for the Rams, including one from a group led by Blues Chairman Dave Checketts.

Rosenbloom declined to comment Wednesday when reached via text message.

Link: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/130588200E53CBEC862576C700219A8C?OpenDocument

Seems like the team will stay. At least some good news these days.

King_Killah
04-06-2010, 11:18 AM
ST. LOUIS (AP)—The St. Louis Rams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/stl/;_ylt=Arcydzmdw_SYEUU0q01wGUIdsLYF) released quarterback Marc Bulger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5197/;_ylt=AprSkYinub1l7YF.tX6jPIAdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5197/news;_ylt=AlWvyyhAI2MdXgeSwC426okdsLYF) on Monday, perhaps clearing the way for them to take Sam Bradford with the first pick of the draft.
Coach Steve Spagnuolo said in a release that it was difficult to make the move and wished the 33-year-old Bulger well. Last month the Rams signed A.J. Feeley (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5603/;_ylt=AheUjJCHqJhkoj.5jWpXHgkdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5603/news;_ylt=AqMUwYSYwSS7m8oIl_Fr_BodsLYF), presumably as next year’s backup on a team that was 1-15 in 2009.

“It is always hard to part ways with someone you care for and appreciate,” Spagnuolo said. “I will always be indebted to him for his work ethic, character and leadership.”
The Rams were among the teams impressed by Bradford’s workout last week in Norman, Okla. Bradford, the 2008 Heisman Trophy winner, made a convincing case that he would make a complete recovery from shoulder surgery last October, completing all but one of 50 passes.

This was pretty much a given... The Rams going after Bradford part. It got a little shaky with the McNabb to St. Louis talks happening, but I figured Bradford was always their choice.

Doctego
04-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I feel a little bad for Bulger. He was a solid QB and then the team went to shit. His injuries didn't help but much of that was due to no weapons and no protection.

suckerpuncher
04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Bulger got unlucky. He got knocked around behind the "o-line" (though to even call it that). He wasn't scrambling but running for his life behind that line.

The only question is if they'll already start Bradford in week 1 or if they let Feely start the first couple of games before Bradford takes over.

Hockeyis#1
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I feel a little bad for Bulger. He was a solid QB and then the team went to shit. His injuries didn't help but much of that was due to no weapons and no protection.Doesn't that kinda say "we shouldn't draft a QB"???

Doctego
04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Doesn't that kinda say "we shouldn't draft a QB"???

Not at all. If you believe that someone is a franchise QB and you have the need and a chance to draft him, you do it. That said, I wouldn't rush him in with their O-line. That could set him back significantly.

suckerpuncher
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Not at all. If you believe that someone is a franchise QB and you have the need and a chance to draft him, you do it. That said, I wouldn't rush him in with their O-line. That could set him back significantly.
Exactly.

The o-line was really bad the last couple of years. Barron is by no means a LT but since he sucks even more as RT he has to play LT and so last years first rounder Smith had to play RT (if he's healthy). And let's n ot forget all the false start penalties Barron got over the last couple of years. But the Rams finally fired Incognito.
And the rest of the line was good either. Bell didn't play out to be the assett he was thought to be at LG for example.
So there's a lot to do there, too.

But the Rams finally need a franchise QB after passing up on guys like Sanchez or Ryan in the previous years.

Kyle
04-07-2010, 01:18 AM

Well they need to figure something out with Bulger gone. If they don't rush in Bradford, who plays?

suckerpuncher
04-07-2010, 02:06 AM
A.J. Feeley is the QB they signed so far.
And last years late round pick Keith Null is also still on the roster.

But none of them is really starter material.

Hockeyis#1
04-07-2010, 04:23 AM
But none of them is really starter material.I wouldn't think winning games to be the immediate priority....

Doctego
04-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Well they need to figure something out with Bulger gone. If they don't rush in Bradford, who plays?

I would much rather see them sign a veteran and have Bradford sit until they can protect him a little bit.

suckerpuncher
04-07-2010, 05:37 AM
They signed Feeley this off-season as veteran after they let Boller go and now Bulger.

King_Killah
04-07-2010, 11:17 PM
They signed Feeley this off-season as veteran after they let Boller go and now Bulger.

Feeley... Ugh... They should sign a vet who can help/teach Bradford. Feeley won't/can't do that!

King_Killah
04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
The pickens are pretty slim though:

Bulger....

Jeff Garcia
Brett Ratliff
Daunte Culpepper
Josh McCown
Chris Simms
Mark Brunell
Todd Collins

Pep or Garcia would be an ideal signing... Garcia can still play despite being 40. He will only have to start for 1/2 the season. Culpepper can start. Not my favorite choice, but the rest of that list are good for a game or two. And the rest of that list can't really provide anything positive to help Bradford along.

Hockeyis#1
04-09-2010, 05:24 AM
The pickens are pretty slim though:

Bulger....

Jeff Garcia
Brett Ratliff
Daunte Culpepper
Josh McCown
Chris Simms
Mark Brunell
Todd Collins

Pep or Garcia would be an ideal signing... Garcia can still play despite being 40. He will only have to start for 1/2 the season. Culpepper can start. Not my favorite choice, but the rest of that list are good for a game or two. And the rest of that list can't really provide anything positive to help Bradford along.They could trade for a QB too, like Kerry Collins, Mike Vick, or Brodie Croyle should all be available still.

two24four
04-09-2010, 10:54 AM
They could trade for a QB too, like Kerry Collins, Mike Vick, or Brodie Croyle should all be available still.

I dont thnk Vick is going anywhere now that McNabb is gone.

dw13
04-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Cleveland let Brett Ratliff go?

Kid has potential.

Hockeyis#1
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I dont thnk Vick is going anywhere now that McNabb is gone.I'd say it's unlikely, but if the price is right, I'm sure they'll entertain it. I think Kolb is locked in to stay, Vick is still essentially a backup for them, and one they're overpaying IIRC

Kyle
04-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd say it's unlikely, but if the price is right, I'm sure they'll entertain it. I think Kolb is locked in to stay, Vick is still essentially a backup for them, and one they're overpaying IIRC

Kolb isn't a proven starter who the Eagles are ready to commit 16 games to. He gets his chance first but really thats it. He messes up and Vick is the starter in a heartbeat. Don't discount him as some overpayed backup yet, far too soon for that and theres really no possibility the Eagles will consider trading him with McNabb gone. The price would have to be way higher than any team would ever consider.

two24four
04-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Kolb isn't a proven starter who the Eagles are ready to commit 16 games to. He gets his chance first but really thats it. He messes up and Vick is the starter in a heartbeat. Don't discount him as some overpayed backup yet, far too soon for that and theres really no possibility the Eagles will consider trading him with McNabb gone. The price would have to be way higher than any team would ever consider.

Agreed, Vick and Kolb will battle it out at camp, and if Vick is the better QB, I dont think they will have any prob starting him. Vick know's going into this season he has a great shot at starting again for an NFL team with McNabb gone, I'm sure he going to do everything he can to make that happen.

Spartan
04-10-2010, 01:11 PM
If they were going to trade Vick, it would have happened before they paid his $1.5 million dollar roster bonus.

St. Louis is taking Bradford and Bradford is going to start. Top 3 picks get paid too much to sit on the bench. If he was talented but not ready to play in the NFL, then he would be a 2nd round graded prospect like Tebow or Colt McCoy.

Kyle
04-11-2010, 01:54 AM
St. Louis is taking Bradford and Bradford is going to start. Top 3 picks get paid too much to sit on the bench. If he was talented but not ready to play in the NFL, then he would be a 2nd round graded prospect like Tebow or Colt McCoy.

I agree

suckerpuncher
04-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Finally some more trouble. :rolleyes:

Kroenke exercises matching right to try to buy 100 percent of Rams

Associated Press
ST. LOUIS -- Missouri billionaire Stan Kroenke has decided to exercise his matching rights and will try to purchase the remaining 60 percent share of the St. Louis Rams (http://www.nfl.com/teams/st.louisrams/profile?team=STL).
Kroenke made the announcement late Monday, the deadline for him to make a decision.
Illinois businessman Shahid Khan reached agreement with owners Chip Rosenbloom and his sister, Lucia Rodriguez on Feb. 11 to buy the team, and Kroenke had 60 days to decide whether to keep his 40 percent share, sell it, or exercise his right to buy the team outright.

The announcement that Kroenke intended to buy the team was a surprise.
"We are pleased to announce that we have exercised our right to purchase the remaining interest in the St. Louis Rams football team under the terms of our Partnership Agreement," Kroenke said in a statement. "We have enjoyed our involvement in the National Football League since our original expansion efforts beginning in 1993 and our subsequent 15-year partnership with the Rams.
"We look forward to working with the Rosenbloom family and the NFL. We will respect the league and its processes in our efforts to complete this transaction," Kroenke said.
Khan said in a statement he discussed the situation with Kroenke on Monday night, and added he told the majority owners he intended to "conclude the purchase if the opportunity presents itself." He also said he looked forward to learning who the Rams would take with the first pick of the draft later this month.
"I enjoy his company, admire his success in sports and certainly respect his right to try to purchase the Rosenbloom family's interest in the Rams," Khan said. "While the decision about ownership now rests in the hands of the NFL and its owners, my dedication to the league, the Rams, their fans and the St. Louis community is as strong as ever.
Chip Rosenbloom, the team chairman, released the following statement Monday night:
"We and our advisors will work with the National Football League as we move forward with the objective of completing a transaction for the sale of our interest in the Rams."
Complicating the issue is Kroenke's ownership of the NBA's Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche. NFL rules prohibit cross-ownership.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment, saying the matter was between Kroenke and the current owners. There was no answer at a phone listing for Khan, 55, president of an Urbana, Ill.-based auto parks maker, Flex-N-Gate.
Forbes magazine has estimated the value of the Rams franchise at $913 million. The exact amount of Khan's bid was not announced, but was believed to be closer to $750 million. Kroenke's statement did not say what his offer for the team will be.
Kroenke, 62, has been 40 percent owner of the Rams since Georgia Frontiere brought the team to St. Louis from Los Angeles in 1995. Frontiere died in January 2008 and her children inherited the team.
The sale was expected almost from the moment Frontiere died. Her children have other interests and no ties to St. Louis.
The Rams have struggled on the field for years -- they're 6-42 over the past three seasons, and their 1-15 record in 2009 was the worst in the NFL. After years of sellouts, crowds at the Edward Jones Dome have thinned as the play has worsened.

An ambivalent fan base, combined with the desire for a team in Los Angeles and other markets, led to speculation about the future of the Rams in St. Louis. That was especially concerning for a city that lost the Cardinals to Arizona after the 1987 season.

But Kroenke's desire to become sole owner would seem to make a move less likely.
Kroenke, of Columbia in mid-Missouri, made his fortune in real estate development. His wife, Anne, is a Wal-Mart heir.

A group headed by St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts was also interested in buying the Rams. Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was initially part of the Checketts group but was dropped in October after negative publicity about his involvement.
A loophole in the Rams' lease allows them to move after the 2014 season if the Edward Jones Dome is not deemed among the top quarter of all NFL stadiums by various measurements. The dome is fast becoming one of the league's older venues, and getting it into the top quarter seems unlikely.
The city's convention commission spent $30 million upgrading the facility before last season, installing new scoreboards and video boards and upgrading club seating. Next season they're due for a new grass field that can be stored and used in subsequent seasons, a major upgrade.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8177c7f3&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Looks like Kroenke exercised his right of first refusal in wants now to buy the other 60% and take over 100% of the team. Not sure though how the NFL will allow that with their cross-ownership rule still in play,

But right what the team needs just ahead of the draft not knowing who the owner is and what kind of money they can spend. :zzz:

eff1ngham
04-13-2010, 05:10 PM
But right what the team needs just ahead of the draft not knowing who the owner is and what kind of money they can spend. :zzz:

You know who Stan Kroenke is right? If he owns the team money will never be a problem ;)

b_illin
04-13-2010, 05:37 PM
You know who Stan Kroenke is right? If he owns the team money will never be a problem ;)

Seriously...all his dough plus a nice chunk of the Wal-Mart fortune!

suckerpuncher
04-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I know. But that's not what I mean.

Until the ownership issue is resolved I just doubt the team can go on a spending spree.
Neither Rosenbloom nor Khan nor Kroenke will invest anything right now. The first one doesn't want to have anything to do with the team anymore and the other 2 would be stupid to invest anything if they won't get the team in the end.
It's a bad situation which needs to be resolved quickly.

two24four
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Sounds like the Browns want that 1st pick and Bradford pretty bad.

suckerpuncher
04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds like the Browns what that 1st pick and Bradford pretty bad.
Have you heard anything substantial?
I just read some rumors that the Browns consider it and Bradford doesn't want to sign a deal before the draft in case the Browns pull something off. But still nothing concrete.

Spartan
04-17-2010, 12:12 PM
The Rams would be very lucky to be able to trade out of that spot.

FlyGuy78
04-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Have you heard anything substantial?
I just read some rumors that the Browns consider it and Bradford doesn't want to sign a deal before the draft in case the Browns pull something off. But still nothing concrete.

The problem with a deal like that is that the Browns will have to give up everything in this years draft plus some of next year from what I read. I don't think one guy is worth all of that, but that's just me.

Spartan
04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
The problem with a deal like that is that the Browns will have to give up everything in this years draft plus some of next year from what I read. I don't think one guy is worth all of that, but that's just me.By the draft trade value chart there is still a 1000 pt. gap to cover by giving the Rams the 7th overall and their 2nd round pick. They would then have to give up next years first as well to cover those points. After all of that pay Bradford 5% more than Matthew Stafford got last year. Thats why its so hard to trade out of the top 3.

King_Killah
04-18-2010, 11:21 AM
They could trade for a QB too, like Kerry Collins, Mike Vick, or Brodie Croyle should all be available still.

Vick isn't going anywhere... Collins and Croyle could be lumped in that slim pickens category.

As far as Cleveland and Bradford, I heard on some sports radio this morning that they were talking about moving their 1st this year and next year, a 2nd, plus some later round picks. Same story had the Rams refusing.

suckerpuncher
04-18-2010, 11:43 AM
If (Looks more and more like a When since I feel they jsut try to squeeze a bit more out of Cleveland)) they trade with the Browns and pick 7th who will they take then?

The next QB would be Clausen. But many scouts don't like him. He doesn't seem to have the same potential to be a franchise QB and might already be maxed out since he played in a pro-style offense.

I personally would be pissed if the Rams once again pass up on a true franchise QB like theys did in the years before. ALthough they have a lot of needs and more picks might help to fill those.

Maybe with anothe 1st rounder next year they can pass on a QB this year and take Locker next year.
But that offense need some life and I serously doubt Feely will be a better QB than Bulger or even Boller. And Neither Null nor Berlin are real starter material.

So it hast to be a QB now and who else but Bradford?

two24four
04-18-2010, 11:48 AM
If they make this trade and end up with the 7th pick, I think they are taking Clausen as long as he's still there at 7.

Spartan
04-18-2010, 11:56 AM
If they make this trade and end up with the 7th pick, I think they are taking Clausen as long as he's still there at 7.For reasons stated I think trading out of the #1 pick is a pipe dream. That said I like Clausen way more than Bradford. The knocks on Clausen are pretty much baseless.

Here is a great article over at Walterfootball that pretty much blows Todd McShay's claims against Clausen out of the water.

http://www.walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenhate.php

Spartan
04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Rams trade Carriker to the Redskins for a 5th.

Safe to call him a bust now.

suckerpuncher
04-21-2010, 02:25 AM
They didn't get a 5th round pick they just swapped their picks in round 5 and 7.
Pick 163 (acquired from the Eagles) for pick 132.

King_Killah
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
rams trade carriker to the redskins for a 5th.

Safe to call him a bust now.

bust

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Sam Bradford. Is this the start of the turnaround?

dw13
04-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm a believer in Sam Bradford.

suckerpuncher
04-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Sam Bradford. Is this the start of the turnaround?
6 wins in the last 3 years - it can't get much worse. I's really getting close to Raiders territory. :lol:

Now with a franchise QB in town the team can be build around him.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
6 wins in the last 3 years - it can't get much worse. I's really getting close to Raiders territory. :lol:

Now with a franchise QB in town the team can be build around him.

I'll peg them to win 6 games this year.

Maybe.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Roger Saffold. Good pick. Good protection for Bradford.

dw13
04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Jason Smith and Alex Barron still there?

Don't like the selection. Give Bradford more toys to throw to.

Should of been Tate, Williams or Benn.

suckerpuncher
04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Will he play left or right?
They took Smith last year who was originally a LT but played at RT because Barron didn't suck as much on the left side as he does on the right side.
So far Barron didn't even sign his offer sheet.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Jason Smith and Alex Barron still there?

Don't like the selection. Give Bradford more toys to throw to.

Should of been Tate, Williams or Benn.

Won't be able to throw to those toys if he doesn't have the protection. I was thinking Tate for a bit too though.

suckerpuncher
04-23-2010, 07:40 PM
CB Jerome Murphy.

Spartan
04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Saffold was a good insurance pick. At the very least he can take Incognito's old spot inside.

suckerpuncher
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
So here's what the Rams got this year.

1. Sam Bradford (QB) Oklahoma
33. Rodger Saffold (OT) Indiana
65. Jerome Murphy (CB/S) S Florida
99. Mardy Gilyard (WR/R) Cincy
132. Mike Hoomanawanui (TE) Illinois
149. Hall Davis (DE) La Lafayette
170. Fendi Onobun (TE) Houston
189. Eugene Sims (DE) W Texas A&M
211. Marquis Johnson (CB) Alabama
226. George Selvie (DE) S Florida
254. Josh Hull (ILB) Penn State

Not sure if they would have been better of with a WR in round 3 instead of Murphy.
But SJax should be happy to finally see a real a blocking TE to help him out even though the Rams didn't took a backup for him. But rumor has Westy taking a physical with the Rams and might be the change of pace back. But with his concussion and chronic knee problems it's hard to see him last the whole year even in a more backup role.
Onobun seems like a real project with only 2 catches in his career so far.

If all goes well the Rams might end up with 4-6 wins this year. But 2-4 wins seems more likely.
And next year they really need a top-notch WR.

All in all it looks like an okay draft to me. But my knowledge of college football isn't that deep to say really much about the draft.

Btw. I just hope Hall Davis is in not related to Al Davis. ;)

Dubz
04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Whats up with Atogwe?

Dubz
04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I heard they low balled him....wasnt exactly sure tho.

Restricted Free Agents (*indicates restricted because of uncapped year)

• *S Oshiomogho Atogwe (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7242/;_ylt=AhRmySrdiG0ma3OLkhzv7AvsrZJ4)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7242/news;_ylt=AsDc.Xuc7pDzp.5ENFQpZ5TsrZJ4) (tendered at $1.226M with no compensation) was the franchise player last season, but the low tender gives him the chance to test the market. He has not been participating in the team’s offseason conditioning program.

Bring him home!!!

suckerpuncher
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
With this low offer they force him to either sign a long-term deal or to leave since he most likely doesn't want to play for that salary.

b_illin
04-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Whats up with Atogwe?

I tried to get him as a client years ago when he got drafted. No dice, but his dad was a really nice guy.

suckerpuncher
05-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Looks like the Rams want to swap OT Barron for Cowboy LB Carpenter.
Not sure if it will help the Rams. While Barron's play was far from stellar Carpenter is the bigger bust.

Dubz
06-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Atogwe is a FA.......i heard something about 7 million dollars

Dubz
06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Lions taking a look....i hope it happens:fingersx:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/03/report-lions-looking-at-atogwe-but-is-price-too-high/

Dubz
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Lions taking a look....i hope it happens:fingersx:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/03/report-lions-looking-at-atogwe-but-is-price-too-high/

:\
Rams re-sign Atogwe to five-year, $32M deal after brief separation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818cca90&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

suckerpuncher
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Too much money.

suckerpuncher
07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
O.J. Atogwe's five-year, $32 million contract is essentially a guaranteed one-year, $4.1 million commitment by the Rams.
St. Louis can void the remaining four years on Atogwe's contract the day after the Super Bowl in February. If the team opts against the void, the $8 million roster bonus in March can still be declined before Atogwe's $3.5 base salary kicks in. The Rams will certainly balk at paying Atogwe $11.5 million next season, so he'll be back on the open market again.
Source: St Louis Globe-Democrat (http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2010/jul/06/atogwes-contract-really-only-one-year-41-million-d/)

Basically one and done. There's no way the FO will pay him the bonus.

Spartan
07-31-2010, 12:26 PM
I can't believe the contract Bradford signed. Hopefully this gets fixed during the lockout.

suckerpuncher
09-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Time for a new beginning.

New owner and a new franchise QB should spark some live combined with an easier schedule than last year.

4 wins would be a big improvement from last year's 1 win campaign.

suckerpuncher
10-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Another victory albeit against toothless Panthers.
But nonetheless the team is 4-4 going into the Bye week which pretty much nobody expected. And it could have easily been 6 or 7 wins if not for some bad decisions by the coaching staff.

And let's take a look on some players so far.

SJax is a beast despite all his injuries. Tough as nails.
Sam the Ram is really Da Man. What could he do if he'd a have a real #1 WR?
And James Laurinaitis is just awesome on defense.

dw13
11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Man, Bradford is going to be a good one.

FlyGuy78
11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Man, Bradford is going to be a good one.

agreed

two24four
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
agreed

x2.

suckerpuncher
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
So much for all the doubters who said the Rams should have taken Suh #1 overall.
Sam the Ram is Da Man and was the absolute right choice.
Even more impressive is the fact that he puts up all this numbers with pretty much scrub WR. Guys who would normally on the practice squad for most of the other teams.

Now the team needs some big play WR and some help in the secondary especially at CB and some overall depth and it will own the NFC West for the years to come.
The downside is the better they play this year the less the Rams chance to draft AJ Green. But then again in the NFC West the playoffs are still very much in reach so why not go for it this year.

dw13
11-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeah you got a gem in Sam. I really like watching him play. Bradford to AJ Green would be nasty.

suckerpuncher
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
6 wins so far. As many wins as they had in the last 3 years combined.
I know the schedule is pretty easy this year but still the team could have even been 10-2 if Shumur would screw up the offense with his play-calling later in the game.

The rest of the schedule could still see 2-3 wins. Next week in New Orleans most likely not but afterwrads there are 2 home games against the in-state rivals Chiefs and against the Whiners. And in week 17 the last game in Seattle maybe for the division crown.

No matter how it ends I think nobody would have expected 6 wins so far, the great play of Bradford without any notable WR and also the front 7 on defense do a great job and are close to the top in the league in sacks.
Still some holes to be filled but it's very promisng.

suckerpuncher
12-27-2010, 03:48 AM
After breaking Peyto's rookie QB completion record last night Bradford only needs 26 more paasing attempts to break that record, too.

And Bradford also only needs 84 passing yards to beat Matt Ryan for 2nd place in the rookie QB passing yard category. And with a little help by the Seahwaks he might even beat out Peyton for the number 1 spot but therefore Bradford really needs a monster game and 393 passing yard.

Anyway a great rookie season especially considering his inferior supporting cast at WR and bad playcalling by OC Shumur.
Would have been interesting to see what he could have done with the same talent Peyton and Ryan had in their rookie year and real OC and not just Shumur's vanilla game plan.

Now it's win and in next Sunday at Seattle. And fitting for the NFC West crown it's a prime time game on NBC.

dw13
01-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Happy that Shurmur took the Browns HC job, SP?

suckerpuncher
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Pretty happy.

The only knock is due to the missing CBA the new OC can't get in touch with the players and teach his system until there's a new CBA in place. So if Shumur is replaced by someone not using a WCO with Shumur's terminology the offense need to pick up the new system on the fly.

The rumors so far are that the new OC will either be Childress or McDaniels.
I just don't like Childress that much. Last year with the Vikes he seems to be lacking "people skills" and he doesn't have a good track record developing young QB's. But he uses a WCO.
McDaniels on the other hand did wonders with young QB's and as long as he doesn't get any power to deal away players he should be the front runner.

suckerpuncher
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
The 2001 schedule just got released.

Sunday, Sept. 11 - vs. Philadelphia - Noon - FOX
Monday, Sept. 19 - at New York Giants (http://www.giants.com/) - 7:30 p.m. - ESPN
Sunday, Sept. 25 - vs. Baltimore - 3:05 p.m. - CBS
Sunday, Oct. 2 - vs. Washington - Noon - FOX
Sunday, Oct. 9 - BYE
Sunday, Oct. 16 - at Green Bay - Noon - FOX
Sunday, Oct. 23 - at Dallas - 3:15 p.m. - FOX
Sunday, Oct. 30 - vs. New Orleans - Noon - FOX
Sunday, Nov. 6 - at Arizona - 3:15 p.m. - FOX
Sunday, Nov. 13 - at Cleveland - Noon - FOX
Sunday, Nov. 20 - vs. Seattle - 3:05 p.m. - FOX*
Sunday, Nov. 27 - vs. Arizona - Noon - FOX*
Sunday, Dec. 4 - at San Francisco - 3:15 p.m. - FOX*
Monday, Dec. 12 - at Seattle - 7:30 p.m. - ESPN
Sunday, Dec. 18 - vs. Cincinnati - Noon - CBS*
Saturday, Dec. 24 - at Pittsburgh - Noon - FOX*
Sunday, Jan. 1 - vs. San Francisco - Noon - FOX*

2 MNF games this year. And a visit in Pittsburgh on X-Mas.
But no divisional game until week 9. Followed by 4 straight NFC West games from week 11 until week 14.

But the season starts out pretty brutal especially the first 7 games. The Redskins games looks to be the easiest. A start between 0-7 and 2-5 is unfortunatley not out of the question.

Doctego
04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
MNF is good but not what it used to be. The better games are on Sunday night. Still moving in the right direction, though.

suckerpuncher
04-19-2011, 06:48 PM
MNF is good but not what it used to be. The better games are on Sunday night. Still moving in the right direction, though.
But at least the Rams are finally on national TV. In the last couple of years that wasn't the case with the exception of week 17 last year.

Doctego
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
But at least the Rams are finally on national TV. In the last couple of years that wasn't the case with the exception of week 17 last year.

Agreed. That's why I said that they are moving in the right direction.

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Robert Quinn

suckerpuncher
04-29-2011, 04:19 PM
If his cancers doesn't come back he is most likely a steal given his pash-rushing skills especially in Spags defense.
Still too bad both Green and Jones were long gone.

suckerpuncher
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Not sure what to think about the Lance Kendricks pick. He may be a deep threat over the middle but he's not a wide-out.
Some help at DB or LB would have been better.

suckerpuncher
09-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Who would have thought that you can't win games without at least mediocre CB and WR. :rolleyes:

Kyle
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
The real loser here is Torrey Smith, who couldn't have possibly been any more mislead in his NFL debut regarding the level of competition in most defenses.

two24four
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Sounds like the Rams are close to trading for WR Brandon Lloyd.

suckerpuncher
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
He'd easily be their best WR. Not that it would take much.

And if they don't pay more than a 4th round pick they should do it. Given the kind of WR they took in the 4th round of the previous drafts it won't be a loss. And if Lloyd doesn't sign a new deal and leaves as FA the Rams would get back a compensatory 5th round pick in the 2012 draft so they won't lose that much.

The good thing is he nows the offense would be able to transition smoothly.

And of course the cap situation is a big problem for the Rams. Less than $1.4 mio. cap space left. Llloyd would count roughly $1 mio. against the cap. Not much room left.
My guess is also this would spell the end of Sims-Walker who already got benched yesterday.

Still the CB situation is a mess but maybe if they have a WR who doesn't drop the ball the defense won't be out that often.

So much money invested in 3 consecutive Top 5 picks (Long, Smith, Bradford) ties their hands in free agency. Luckily the new CBA put a stop to that but still the Rams literally have to pay for sucking so many years in a row.

suckerpuncher
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Deal is done. Lloyd is now a Ram.

Will cost a 6th round pick in the 2012 draft but could turn into a 5th rounding if he gets a certain amount of receptions.

Good deal.

suckerpuncher
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Wow, the Rams can't even buy a break.

Just when you start thinking after the Lloyd deal the offense gets back on track - BOOM- the next hit comes.
Bradford injured with a high ankle sprain. Labeled day-to-day but as we all know high ankle sprains take their time so no surprise if he's out for a month.

Damn.

With all the injuries the Rams had to deal with this year one starts thinking- Why?
Is it because of the lockout that players aren't in prime condition? Is it just bad luck piling up? Or is it because of the (coaching) staff not being able to teach them riht/ do the wrong things?

Hamsterkill
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
On a QB, I could see him trying to play through a high ankle sprain. It's not like he's gotta put too much stress on it in normal situations. It'd be a bigger impact on a running back.

FlyGuy78
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry but I think the Rams signing Lloyd was a mistake. It's not like this team is a contender and with Bradford having a high ankle sprain he could be looking at catching passes from A.J. Feeley. Yes he's back with Daniels, but there were a couple better teams out there like TEN and NE that were interested in him and he lands on the 0-5 Rams.

dw13
10-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry but I think the Rams signing Lloyd was a mistake. It's not like this team is a contender and with Bradford having a high ankle sprain he could be looking at catching passes from A.J. Feeley. Yes he's back with Daniels, but there were a couple better teams out there like TEN and NE that were interested in him and he lands on the 0-5 Rams.

Lloyd has no say which teams trade gets accepted... The Rams put the best offer in, the Rams landed him.

They didn't re-up his contract right? He's free next summer, he can choose the team he goes to.

It was a 6th round draft pick. It's a nothing deal.

Doctego
10-18-2011, 11:38 PM
And it's a deal that just might save the jobs of the HC and OC.

b_illin
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Great move getting Fisher - MIA pooched that one pretty good!

dw13
01-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Good coach.

Not great like most are seemingly make him out to be.

He'll keep the Rams respectable.

suckerpuncher
01-14-2012, 05:26 PM
But he was the best available atm.
And after a bunch of unexperienced coordinators turned HC it's probably best to go with a veteran coach. Especially after winning as many games since 2007 than the Packers did this season alone.

And with all those bad rookie deals coming of the book in 2013 there'll be $40+ mio. in cap space available to get some more talent.

HT9
01-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Bradford to Blackmon next year? Love it.

dw13
01-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Bradford to Blackmon next year? Love it.

Your new offensive coordinator will do everything in his power for that to happen as little as possible :lol:

suckerpuncher
01-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Brian Schottenheimer is the new OC. Not quite sure about it especially for what it means for Bradford and his development.
Wonder why BS failed as the Jets OC. Was it because he isn't good or because Rex interfered to much or because Sanchez wasn't coachable/talented enough?

Doctego
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Brian Schottenheimer is the new OC. Not quite sure about it especially for what it means for Bradford and his development.
Wonder why BS failed as the Jets OC. Was it because he isn't good or because Rex interfered to much or because Sanchez wasn't coachable/talented enough?

I don't know for sure but I can tell you this wasn't the case.

suckerpuncher
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Alright, before KK storms in here let me at least list the draft picks.

Picks:
Rd. 1 Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
Rd. 1 Alec Ogletree - ILB - Georgia
Rd. 3 T.J. McDonald - FS - USC
Rd. 3 Stedman Bailey - WR - West Virginia
Rd. 4 Barrett Jones - C - Alabama
Rd. 5 Brandon McGee - FS - Miami (FL)
Rd. 5 Zac Stacy - RB - Vanderbilt

UDFA Signings:
Houston LB Phillip Steward
Auburn TE Phillip Lutzenkirchen
UTEP CB Darren Woodard
K Brett Bauer
Ole Miss DE Gerald Rivers
Georgia LB Christian Robinson
Louisiana Tech OG Kevin Saia
UGA ILB Mike Gilliard
BYU OT Braden Brown
Ohio State DT Garret Goebel
Southern Arkansas CB Don Unamba
Texas A&M ILB Jonathan Stewart
Faulkner/Miami SAF Ray-Ray Armstrong
MTSU RB Bennie Cunningham
Louisiana Lafayette K Brett Baer

dw13
04-28-2013, 04:40 PM
I thought they drafted incredibly well.

suckerpuncher
04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
4 of the first 5 picks should even be day 1 starters. Finally a real weapon for Bradford inTavon Austin who now will have to show why he once was a #1 pick. No more excuses.
Not quite sure what to make of it but the team they didn't draft or sign any rookie QB to develope. Let's take as a vote of confidence.

Fisher and Snead already showed last year that they aren't afraid to pick guys with character problems when they picked Jenkins so the Ogletree pick was a logical choice. Hopefully they can keep those players away from each other during the season and during the offseason.

King_Killah
04-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Alright, before KK storms in here let me at least list the draft picks.

I wasn't gonna do the Rams today, but I guess I will.

Picks:
Rd. 1 Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
Rd. 1 Alec Ogletree - ILB - Georgia
Rd. 3 T.J. McDonald - FS - USC
Rd. 3 Stedman Bailey - WR - West Virginia
Rd. 4 Barrett Jones - C - Alabama
Rd. 5 Brandon McGee - FS - Miami (FL)
Rd. 5 Zac Stacy - RB - Vanderbilt

UDFA Signings:
Houston LB Phillip Steward
Auburn TE Phillip Lutzenkirchen
UTEP CB Darren Woodard
K Brett Bauer
Ole Miss DE Gerald Rivers
Georgia LB Christian Robinson
Louisiana Tech OG Kevin Saia
UGA ILB Mike Gilliard
BYU OT Braden Brown
Ohio State DT Garret Goebel
Southern Arkansas CB Don Unamba
Texas A&M ILB Jonathan Stewart
Faulkner/Miami SAF Ray-Ray Armstrong
MTSU RB Bennie Cunningham
Louisiana Lafayette K Brett Baer

Overall, I think the Rams did a great job in the draft. One of the better overall drafts. I was not high on Tavon Austin depending on where he would go. I love that the Rams got him. Greatest Show on Turf 2. Solid pick for the Rams. I like Ogletree a lot. I like McDonald. I like Stedman Bailey. The Rams want a piece of that division. Hey, didn't the Rams go unbeaten in the division last year?

I like Daryl Richardson a lot, but the backs as a whole are young. I have high hopes for Richardson. The receivers are young, too, but I am good with that. I think Austin, Bailey along with Brian Quick will be a threat against any defense. I like Jared Cook.

I am happy with the potential of what this team can do offensively.... Just have some minor concerns defensively. That said, if you can outscore your opponent, you win.

suckerpuncher
04-29-2013, 04:33 AM
They were 4-1-1 in the division. And the biggest problem last year was on offense. While the defense kept them in the game the offense just averaged about 18 PPG.

On offense they took care of the oline problems by signing Long and drafting Jones.
Amendola's departure will be more than compensate by Austin. While Danny was a great player he just was injured too often. I assume Givens will still be used as deep threat while Bailey won't get much playing time early on just like Quick last season. The loss of SJ39 is of course hard to compensate but Richardson showed some flashes last year while Pead didn't play much at all. Not sure what Stacy will bring to the table.

Not sure what you mean but the defense was more than solid last year. Lead the league in sacks for instance and in any other category they were well above the league average. And all of that with Craig Dahl "playing" FS. Without him the team is getting much better.
The front 4 will feature Long and Quinn as ends and Brockers/Langford in the middle. While the LB will be Ogletree, Dunbar and of course Johnny Ace's nephew Animal Jr. as leader of the pack. Finnegan and Jenkins as starting CB along with T. Johnson and McGee. Only at safety there are still some question marks. Looks like Stewart will be SS and newly drafted Johnson will be FS. They still might resign Mikell as SS.

As far as the special teams go Austin will be a huge upgrade if they let him return kicks/punts. About time for a kickoff return TD since the last one was in '05.
Rookie Greg the leg attempted the most kicks from 50+ yards and was 7/13 there. Inside of 50 yards he was a very good 16/18. With an improved offense he hopefully won't have to attempt so many long FG again this year.
The other rookie, punter Hekker, was middle of the pack in punt average and net average. But he had more passing yards last year then Tebow. :D

Considering the team is still one of the youngest in the league there's reason to be hopeful for the future. They should be able to content for a playoff spot this year even though Vegas has them only as 6.5 in the O/U.