PDA

View Full Version : Boston Bruins Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kaboominator
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Sponge Bong has inspired me to create a thread for my team. I may be just talking to myself but based on the fact that the Bruins are completely injury depleted and are still competing for a playoff spot and are doing quite well I might add, i figured there may be one or two fans out there. I have been getting it hard from my fellow HABS fans. The Bruins have a big test coming up with the next 2 games. Tonight against the Sens and Sat against Detroit. I think these two games will be a major test of this team. The stellar play of Tim Thomas has been amazing. For this team to be without Bergeron and Murray and Axelsson...etc and be where they are is a feat in its self. I am not gonna say much more till after these next two games. I just felt lonely talking to the wall about the Bruins so i figured i might as well make a post and see if anyone actually cares. I could go on HFboards but why would i do that when theres HI.....Go B's

chgorman
01-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Props to Marc Savard. The guy just keeps on producing as his teamates keep dropping like flies. Just goes to show that his big years in ATL weren't just a fluke playing between Kovalchuk and Heatley, and that he's actually got mad skillz and can produce on his own with less than stellar linemates.

Sully2X
01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
The stellar play of Tim Thomas has been amazing. For this team to be without Bergeron and Murray and Axelsson...etc and be where they are is a feat in its self.

Not to mention Andrew Alberts, a No. 3-4 defenseman, for the entire second quarter of the season. I admit, when the Bruins announced Julien last summer my first thought was 'Great, another retread.' But CLODE has them playing disciplined, winning (sometimes dull) hockey. We have seen what happens when they play recklessly and get away from their game plan - numerous times against the Habs. These Bruins aren't going to out-talent many teams so they have to out-work, out-tough and out-think the opposition every night. Each man is a role player in this system and, to a man, they have been successful so far. And Tim Thomas playing Vezina-caliber goal hasn't hurt either. Go B's!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Thomas has been stellar for my fantasy teams in net this year, cheers to him!

two24four
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Props to Marc Savard. The guy just keeps on producing as his teamates keep dropping like flies. Just goes to show that his big years in ATL weren't just a fluke playing between Kovalchuk and Heatley, and that he's actually got mad skillz and can produce on his own with less than stellar linemates.

If you watched Savard when he was with Oshawa in Jr you could tell he was going to be a pretty good NHL player, he just had a few bumps in the road along the way, most being in Calgary when he was with the Flames.

looch17
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Its been and up and down year for the Bruins. They have a had a TON of injuries, but they are still playing for a playoff spot.:yes: These next 2 games are going to be a HUGE test for this team, but with the way Timmy Thomas has been playing you have to think the B's have a shot. I cant wait to see how it plays out. As for us not being able to beat the Habs, yes it sucks, but I will take all of these losses now if we can beat them when it counts....the playoffs.

chgorman
01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
If you watched Savard when he was with Oshawa in Jr you could tell he was going to be a pretty good NHL player, he just had a few bumps in the road along the way, most being in Calgary when he was with the Flames.

I never saw him in Junior, so I can't speak about that, you've got a point there. But his first few years in the NHL with NYR and CGY were less than spectacular, never really living up to expectations, and a lot of people had written him off I think. Then he goes to ATL, avgs about a ppg there, and I think most (including myself) chalked it up to him being between Heater and Kovy. Now that he's been with the offensively lacking B's for a couple seasons with less than stellar linemates/teamates, he continues to excel and show his true capabilities and value/worth, proving he can do it on his own, which he wasn't known for doing previously (other than maybe in Junior).

Snipes16
01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
If Julien can get them into the playoffs with that lineup he throws out there night in and night out he should get Coach of the Year. I know Hitchcock is right there too but look at the difference in the talent level between Columbus and Boston.

Kessel - Savard - Sturm
Lucic - Metropolit - Kobasew
Pelletier - Krejci - Whoever

You could make the argument that those guys on Boston's 2nd line would be 3rd liners at best on just about any other NHL team.

Bergeron will give it 1 more go at coming back after they sent him to Aruba for a week. Any setback at all and they will shut him down for the year. He's a big longshot at returning this year, Capn Obvious.

Kaboominator
01-31-2008, 01:54 PM
They had this fella on the radio the other day from University of Alberta who, along with his masters students..had created an application to predict the playoff seeds for the East and the West based on previous records and the probabblity against the upcoming teams that they would win or lose. Then they would run the scenarios 500 times to get an average result. anyways..all math stuff and probability's. He has Boston finishing 6th in the East with a 79% chance of being in the playoffs. 7th and 8th were the Islanders and the Rangers at i think 74% and 75%. Ottawa was 100% to make the playoffs. The guys team, the Oilers, had a 1% chance of making the playoffs. I always get a kick out of these things especially since yesterday didnt somebody from the Oilers say they were making there big playoff run...Always something to be entertained by.

You guys are def right! They have to work super hard and have been doing it. I am super impressed with the development of Kobasew and Ference. Those two are taking away the burn of the Thornton trade just a little bit more. And I agree, I had initial same reactions about Julien, but i think hes got something to prove since his demise in NJ and the players are really buying into his system.

Kaboominator
01-31-2008, 01:58 PM
If Julien can get them into the playoffs with that lineup he throws out there night in and night out he should get Coach of the Year. I know Hitchcock is right there too but look at the difference in the talent level between Columbus and Boston.

Kessel - Savard - Sturm

You could make the argument that those guys on Boston's 2nd line would be 3rd liners at best on just about any other NHL team.

Bergeron will give it 1 more go at coming back after they sent him to Aruba for a week. Any setback at all and they will shut him down for the year. He's a big longshot at returning this year, Capn Obvious.

Lol, its pretty sad when you look at the lines typed out like that...I'm telling you though that Lucic is gonna be a major impact player in the league in the next few years. I got heckled to death from all the super HABS fans about that last slaughtering in Montreal. Than i thought about the injuries and wondered what it would be like without 5 or 6 of there rop impact players...may be a different outcome. But there is still no excuses for the terrible record against the Habs, they own Boston so hard and it kills me....

Sully2X
01-31-2008, 02:04 PM
These next 2 games are going to be a HUGE test for this team, but with the way Timmy Thomas has been playing you have to think the B's have a shot. I cant wait to see how it plays out.

Agreed. I think I read that Alfredsson and his wonky hip are sitting out tonite's game - that can only help.

As for us not being able to beat the Habs, yes it sucks, but I will take all of these losses now if we can beat them when it counts....the playoffs.

Yes but the Bruins need to make a statement in the two remaining games against Montreal. These beatings have been so bad I remember them more than any of their victories.

Sully2X
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Kessel - Savard - Sturm

Yep the ranks are getting pretty thin on the front line. Kobasew has been a find. Metro runs hot/cold. Some nights it seems like he's all over the ice, other times he looks like a high-schooler out there. Schaefer is frustrating as hell. You can tell he's got some talent but looks apathetic at times. Everyone makes mistakes but he turns the puck over and then watches the other team skate up the ice. Here's hoping he'll turn it up against his old mates tonite.

looch17
01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Yep the ranks are getting pretty thin on the front line. Kobasew has been a find. Metro runs hot/cold. Some nights it seems like he's all over the ice, other times he looks like a high-schooler out there. Schaefer is frustrating as hell. You can tell he's got some talent but looks apathetic at times. Everyone makes mistakes but he turns the puck over and then watches the other team skate up the ice. Here's hoping he'll turn it up against his old mates tonite.I agree Schaefer has been a disappointment, but like you say hopefully he steps up him game against the Sens.

looch17
01-31-2008, 09:04 PM
The boys are looking good tonight! They are leading the Sens 3-0 with 4 mins left to go in the 2nd period. Hopefully I didnt just jinx them.:scared:

nyrblue2
01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Is Schaefer playing on the top line tonight with Sturm out? He's +2 and so are Savard/Kessel. No points though. The TOI feature on nhl.com isn't working so I can't tell...

looch17
01-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Is Schaefer playing on the top line tonight with Sturm out? He's +2 and so are Savard/Kessel. No points though. The TOI feature on nhl.com isn't working so I can't tell...Yeah Sturm is out with the flu tonight.

Kaboominator
01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Yea they are looking AWESOME! Im ready for the Wings game!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-01-2008, 03:29 AM
so tell me about Lucic guys? Can I expect a healthy mix of big PIMS/scoring out of him in the future? He's young but I have already had my eye on him a couple of times this season. I'm thinking about grabbing him as a late round sleeper next season. Fantasy pts league, pim heavy with scoring

Kaboominator
02-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Well this kid is definately gonna be your skilled forward. Hes only 19 and already playing second line. heres a video from his first home fight this year. I am trhinking the same thing for next years draft...He for sure has the right mix of Pims/Points. Im hoping for a rebirth of Cam Neely in him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB5jYQSWuak

looch17
02-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Well this kid is definately gonna be your skilled forward. Hes only 19 and already playing second line. heres a video from his first home fight this year. I am trhinking the same thing for next years draft...He for sure has the right mix of Pims/Points. Im hoping for a rebirth of Cam Neely in him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB5jYQSWuakThats exactly what I see in him Kamoominator. I have been telling people that for a while now and most of them think I am crazy, but when you look at him he is a tough and talented forward who isnt afraid of anyone. Which is the same type of player Neely was for us. Here's to hoping he turns out like #8!

As for the game last night.... They looked good early and were able to hold the lead, but thanks again to great effort from Thomas. Should be a tough game for them Saturday, but I am anxious to see how it plays out. Go B's!

Sully2X
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Great win last night. They came out flying and played it smart after they got the lead. They still took too many penalties for my liking but that happens on the road sometimes. Looking forward to tomorrow in Motown. Go B's!!

Game is in Boston, ooops. Even better.

Kaboominator
02-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Last two games were tough, I only got too see a bit of the Detroit game but they looked pretty solid. The wings are damn strong. They are always a threat righ until 0:00. I'm curious to see what impact Murray will bring to the lineup. I only got to see the score of the BUF game and it didnt look good, did any one watch?

Kaboominator
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I see i was called out in another thread that has been locked for obvious reasons. It was a waste of 5 mins of my life for reading it.

"why does there have to be a thread for every team in the NHL" in the NHL discussion section of a Hockey related forum board? That just blows my mind that someone thought that question up. Like i originally said when i created this thread i could go to HF Boards and flame out on there in the specific team section but why would i do that when ive been around here for 3 years and i like this site?

Only the priveleged Red wings and Leaf fans are allowed to talk about there teams eh...Awesome! Why don't we just clear out the NHL section and put a big happy face so there is nothing to read at all. Should make browsing alot easier. Imagine, talking about a specific NHL team in the NHL discussion forum, the nerves of some people...

Like Jeff said, For Fuck Sakes!

When it comes to other team threads i still like posting in there as well. If someone makes a Florida panthers thread and there isnt anything fantasy related where else should you go to discuss there players? make a new thread every time..

Sully2X
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Last two games were tough, I only got too see a bit of the Detroit game but they looked pretty solid. The wings are damn strong. They are always a threat righ until 0:00. I'm curious to see what impact Murray will bring to the lineup. I only got to see the score of the BUF game and it didnt look good, did any one watch?

Very good 1/2 game vs Detriot. Simply overmatched the rest of the way. Detroit is far and away the most complete team I have seen play this year.

Buffalo game was pretty poor. Buffalo took the game to the B's, winning all the little battles. Chara and Thomas both looked gassed in the later stages. Axelsson played well, looks like he was getting his skating legs back. Hopefully Murray can return tomorrow and help with the scoring load.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB5jYQSWuak

yeah those are the comparisons I have heard about him as well! Caused me to blink and look twice.. :eek: I will def. keep a close watch on this spring chicken! :beer:

He's 2nd line? I figured 3rd at best. Who does he play along side? And are the B's solid with their lines or do they mix them up a lot like my Pens/Sharks tend to do. Thanks!

kaboom - seriously thanks for any info you got on this kid. I am scoping for fantasy purposes. And 2 cents for ya, just ignore the negatives nancys around here, other wise it only spreads more negativity. I think we've all got enough of that in our real lives :beer:

Hamsterkill
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I think Lucic is second line because of the injuries the Bs have sustained this year. Aren't they lacking Murray, Bergeron, along with some others? I'd think that Metropolit wouldn't be a usual 2nd liner either.

Hobbes
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Can you Bruins fans give me any info on David Krejci? I have him in a Dynasty League on my farm team and I know he was ranked quite highly on HockeysFuture (I think he was in the 30's of their top 50 NHL prospects), but other than that I don't know much about the guy.

I know he's had a few assists this year and started the season well, but how has he been since he got sent down to the farm team and got called back up again?

What kind of player do you think he'll turn out to be? Has he shown good signs this year?

chgorman
02-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I see i was called out in another thread that has been locked for obvious reasons. It was a waste of 5 mins of my life for reading it.

"why does there have to be a thread for every team in the NHL" in the NHL discussion section of a Hockey related forum board? That just blows my mind that someone thought that question up. Like i originally said when i created this thread i could go to HF Boards and flame out on there in the specific team section but why would i do that when ive been around here for 3 years and i like this site?

Only the priveleged Red wings and Leaf fans are allowed to talk about there teams eh...Awesome! Why don't we just clear out the NHL section and put a big happy face so there is nothing to read at all. Should make browsing alot easier. Imagine, talking about a specific NHL team in the NHL discussion forum, the nerves of some people...

Like Jeff said, For Fuck Sakes!

When it comes to other team threads i still like posting in there as well. If someone makes a Florida panthers thread and there isnt anything fantasy related where else should you go to discuss there players? make a new thread every time..

Don't worry about it Kaboom. Anybody who has a problem with any of the 'official team' threads can go eff themselves as far as I'm concerned. I'm with ya, it astounds me that these threads bother anybody at all, let alone enough to warrant starting a thread of their own denouncing them. Just ignore the haters. They'v eobviously got nothing better to do/talk about. Hawk is probably just pissed 'cause the Sens suck right now and aren;t worht talking about (;)), Kam is always ornery, and not sure at all what Motor's problem is, as these threads make his job as mod easier by keeping the thread clutter down.

looch17
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Big win for the B's tonight! We came back from 0-2 to beat the Sabres in a shootout! Did you guys happen to see the game winner (shootout)? It was kinda funny...Kessel mishandled the puck, but when he did it somehow slid under Miller's pads.:lol: Miller looked pissed. I cant blame him cause it was kinda cheap, but hey a goal is a goal.:D Also with the win the B's stay in the playoff hunt (#8).

Motorcat
02-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Congrats on the win.

And just to clarify - I started out saying its not really the end of the world either way about the threads.

MY POV - to keep it short .....was never about the validity of the threads.

chgorman - can verify that.

OUT

HABS_FrEaK
02-08-2008, 11:57 PM
I use to HATE the Bruins...but after the last couple of years I can't help but just feel sorry for them :D
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

Kaboominator
02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Nice win B's. Pressure filled game. I never got to see game, just score and im happy. Been playin that friggin rockband game..killing my free time....lol

Kaboominator
02-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I use to HATE the Bruins...but after the last couple of years I can't help but just feel sorry for them :D

Well coming from a HABS fan i can see why. Your team owns us lately...and it kills me. But we'll take pitty or whatever else cause the team is on the right path. They werent supposed to be where they are this year. They got alot of good young talent coming up. The next few years could be bright. I cant wait for the day when we can actually win a game against the habs...

Hamsterkill
02-09-2008, 12:15 AM

While the Pens have always been first in my heart, I'm a closet Bs fan too thanks to the friend I started playing hockey with as a young'un. He's a Bruins fan through and through and loves the city of Boston his whole life and went to college there for pre-med... ironic thing is I think he's a Yankee fan... lol

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I scored Thomas on the FA after a not so great goalie draft.... Couldn't be happier with this guy, he has saved my season and given me hopes for the playoffs!

phaneuf6
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsOcEm7Rzs

Kaboominator
02-10-2008, 11:22 PM
LOL......Aint it the truth though....Some day...

Now when i posted a similar video about the Leafs in the Leafs thread people didn't like that...defensive crowd. LOL

Thanks Phaneuf...Need a reality check every now and then.

Kaboominator
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Some info on Lucic for Sponge...

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/869/1/

looch17
02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
They just cant seem to get anything going tonight. Ladd's 2nd goal shouldnt have counted btw, he kicked it in. It was clearly a kicking motion. I dont understand how they called that one good. That goal also seemed to take the life out of the B's. Either way it appears its going to be another tough loss for us.:(

looch17
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow 2 quick goals, maybe we have a chance after all! That bad call is HUGE right now. Hopefully the B's can find a way to put one more in!

looch17
02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
So much for that comeback, Chara for elbowing with 33.3 left....game over!

Kaboominator
02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
MAN...they better get thee asses together. This is not the time of year to start slumping, being in 8th place...

looch17
02-13-2008, 08:00 AM
MAN...they better get thee asses together. This is not the time of year to start slumping, being in 8th place...I hear ya. Its put up or shut up time! They are walking a very thin line right now, so they better step their game up....and soon.

Sully2X
02-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Terrible effort last night. That's a team they should beat on home ice. Very frustrating.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I just stopped by to say.... Malkin and the Pens are gonna OWN tonight ;)

After the loss, come and have a drink on me guys! :cheers:

Sully2X
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I just stopped by to say.... Malkin and the Pens are gonna OWN tonight ;)

After the loss, come and have a drink on me guys! :cheers:

Totally unfounded, just-for-fun prediction, I'll say 4-3 with the Bruins winning on penalty shots. Go B's!

Snipes16
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
You tell her Sully, I got a feeling her boy Timmy is gonna come up large tonight. Wonder if she's starting him? Anyhow, the B's have extinguished most of their potential long losing streaks by winning games like this all year. When it doesn't look good going in.

Buffalo just went wizzing by going 90 last night into 8th...They gotta win tonight with everyone nipping at em now.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Totally unfounded, just-for-fun prediction, I'll say 4-3 with the Bruins winning on penalty shots. Go B's!

hehehe I posted a 4-2 Pens (empty netter/clincher) in my earlier post but opted not to say it. :D Should be a good game though, I'll stop in to talk some friendly shit if I can keep awake that long! (been up 36 hours straight) Better set the dvr just incase! :beer:

8 pp goals in the last 4 games for the Pens. Boston is near the bottom of the league in PK. You guys better hope your boys keep their asses out of the sin bin tonight or else.. Malkin to Sykora on the PP

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
You tell her Sully, I got a feeling her boy Timmy is gonna come up large tonight. Wonder if she's starting him? Anyhow, the B's have extinguished most of their potential long losing streaks by winning games like this all year. When it doesn't look good going in.

Buffalo just went wizzing by going 90 last night into 8th...They gotta win tonight with everyone nipping at em now.

Thomas is definitely sitting on the fantasy bench tonight! I debated back and forth about that one and the Pens @ home.. 8 pp goals in their last 4 games.. Malkin on fire.. Bias aside, I just didn't feel too safe on that play.

Snipes16
02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Nokelainan + Sobotka = Bruin big guns...2-0 Sister!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 08:13 PM

ouch! Who the fuck are those dudes? :freak:

for the Pens 4 shots on goal in the 1st, they are gonna get their asses reemed out during intermission. (so to speak) More energy in the 2nd! If Thomas pitches a you know what... I might smash something.

Hamsterkill
02-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Ouch, that first period smarts a bit... at least the top two Bruins lines were kept off the board...

Kaboominator
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
ouch! Who the fuck are those dudes? :freak:

for the Pens 4 shots on goal in the 1st, they are gonna get their asses reemed out during intermission. (so to speak) More energy in the 2nd! If Thomas pitches a you know what... I might smash something.

Lol...They are the face of the Bruins! Young guns we gotta count on! I see the edmonton Oilers of two years ago with this team! Lets hope so...

looch17
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Nice 1st period for the B's! Now hopefully they can keep it up and build their lead.

Snipes16
02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
By Jeez, Malkin is filthy good...If the Pens cant get a Cup within the next 5 years with him and Sid, then somebody needs to get canned.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
By Jeez, Malkin is filthy good...If the Pens cant get a Cup within the next 5 years with him and Sid, then somebody needs to get canned.

Malkin is currently only signed through next season.. Trophies will probably inflate his price considerably. :scared:

I feel like an idiot that I don't know who these Boston young guns are but it's hard to keep up around the entire league sometimes. Should I be keeping a fantasy watch out?

Hamsterkill
02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Man, I'm always in awe of Chara when he plays... he's like a freaking giant out there...

looch17
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Man, I'm always in awe of Chara when he plays... he's like a freaking giant out there...Yeah I have always been a big fan of Big Z (even in Ottawa), but now that he is a Bruin I freakin love him! Chara is the man.

Snipes16
02-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Malkin is currently only signed through next season.. Trophies will probably inflate his price considerably. :scared:

I feel like an idiot that I don't know who these Boston young guns are but it's hard to keep up around the entire league sometimes. Should I be keeping a fantasy watch out?

Then I guess its Ray Shero that should get canned if Malkin walks.:freak:

Those young guys are all pretty good but Krejci and Lucic are probably the 2 highest rated of em. Lots of comparisons between Lucic and Neely but there was only 1 Neely...Broke the mold that guy.

looch17
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree Snipes. Lucic is going to be a stud and Krejci looks promising as well. As for you Sponge, the Pens would be absolute morons if they dont find a way to re sign Malkin.

Hamsterkill
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I agree Snipes. Lucic is going to be a stud and Krejci looks promising as well. As for you Sponge, the Pens would be absolute morons if they dont find a way to re sign Malkin.

It's a matter how much it would take to do so...

looch17
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
1 more period to go. Hopefully the B's can hang on and pull of the BIG win!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Then I guess its Ray Shero that should get canned if Malkin walks.:freak:

Those young guys are all pretty good but Krejci and Lucic are probably the 2 highest rated of em. Lots of comparisons between Lucic and Neely but there was only 1 Neely...Broke the mold that guy.

Lucic is on my watch list for sure. Love his game. agreed about Shero. Our cap is good and I bet we don't make any huge bids for free agents this year, maybe a small piece here or there but big spending in the FA isn't Pittsburgh's style. A new modern arena is gonna bring in a lot of added revenue with boxes, season ticket holders and what not and I think when all is said and done, Malkin and Crosby will win a cup or two in Pittsburgh ala Lemieux/Jagr. God we are so spoiled in Pittsburgh.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
that's my boy!!!! 2-1 baby. Malkin cookies on the PP

edit:

great game right down to the wire! B's really killed the Pens PP tonight and kept Malkin off the board until late. Gotta give props to the B's game, Conklin's killer stops late against b2b breakaways, and of course I now regret that I played Leclaire over Thomas. Story of my h2h fantasy life. :beer:

Kaboominator
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Yea, I'm loving owning Chara and Malkin in my keeper. Went to a Pens/Bruins game last year and was in awe at chara and how big he is in person. Was also in awe at Crosby and Malkin. Saw Crosby for first time when he was with Rimouski in his first game against Mooseheads in Halifax. Good game B's. Nows the time to go on a roll....

Sully2X
02-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Yeah Snipes, that was good to see! Just rewards for two gritty players. Exciting 3rd period, both goalies stood on their heads to keep their team in the game. Nice horseshit kneeing call on Wideman, I nearly lost my mind on that one.

Kaboominator
02-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Leafs/Bruins Saturday. Lets hope the Leafs officially decide to fold and give the Bruins a couple points. Those points are needed!!!!

looch17
02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Leafs/Bruins Saturday. Lets hope the Leafs officially decide to fold and give the Bruins a couple points. Those points are needed!!!!Amen to that!:D

Sully2X
02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, a win is a win but the trend of letting in late period/game goals that has developed is disturbing. Thomas saves their asses again.

Kaboominator
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Man that was nuts...I thought Thomas was finally gonna get a SO but....Nope....
I liked the rangers and Philly losing. But i also didnt like having Lundqvist in nets....Boooo. I'm some excited for trade deadline, quite curious to see what Chia does!!!!

Sully2X
02-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Man that was nuts...I thought Thomas was finally gonna get a SO but....Nope....
I liked the rangers and Philly losing. But i also didnt like having Lundqvist in nets....Boooo. I'm some excited for trade deadline, quite curious to see what Chia does!!!!

Well they do have the cap room ($4m I believe.) My heart says trade a young gun for the rent-a-stud and see where it goes come playoff time but my head says they don't have enough to make it very deep into the playoffs so maybe they stand pat or even become sellers (Murray, etc) next week. It's not like this team is one piece away from becoming a serious contender, more like four pieces. Not so sure they wouldn't be better off getting all the young guys' feet wet with one playoff series this year and then going to work in the off season. After waiting for a Cup all these years, I can wait for another year or two.

looch17
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Well they do have the cap room ($4m I believe.) My heart says trade a young gun for the rent-a-stud and see where it goes come playoff time but my head says they don't have enough to make it very deep into the playoffs so maybe they stand pat or even become sellers (Murray, etc) next week. It's not like this team is one piece away from becoming a serious contender, more like four pieces. Not so sure they wouldn't be better off getting all the young guys' feet wet with one playoff series this year and then going to work in the off season. After waiting for a Cup all these years, I can wait for another year or two.Exactly. Hopefully the dont sell any of the young, talented kids to get a little bit of an edge. I dont think 1 or 2 players is going to make that much of a difference this year anyways. With that said I am anxious to see what they are going to do. Time will tell. First things first, lets beat the Panthers tonight and go from there.

Snipes16
02-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Well they do have the cap room ($4m I believe.) My heart says trade a young gun for the rent-a-stud and see where it goes come playoff time but my head says they don't have enough to make it very deep into the playoffs so maybe they stand pat or even become sellers (Murray, etc) next week. It's not like this team is one piece away from becoming a serious contender, more like four pieces. Not so sure they wouldn't be better off getting all the young guys' feet wet with one playoff series this year and then going to work in the off season. After waiting for a Cup all these years, I can wait for another year or two.

Nicely stated, couldn't agree more...While I am hopeful for a playoff berth, there's a part of me(eyeballs?):freak: that is expecting the bottom to fall out at any minute.

Julien deserves a lot of credit for keeping the losing skids short and mixing in the young kids but theres definitely a smoke and mirrors look to them. Coach of the year in my mind if he gets em in.:beer:

Imagine what that team looks like without the signings of Z and Savard:eek:

Scored primo loge seats to the Pens next week...Spongeworthy indeed:cool:

Sully2X
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Nicely stated, couldn't agree more...While I am hopeful for a playoff berth, there's a part of me(eyeballs?):freak: that is expecting the bottom to fall out at any minute.

Julien deserves a lot of credit for keeping the losing skids short and mixing in the young kids but theres definitely a smoke and mirrors look to them. Coach of the year in my mind if he gets em in.:beer:

Absolutely, that would make Thomas the smoke and Savard the mirrors I think. This team has marginal talent and very little depth yet still keeps putting up the points. Big credit to Mr. Clode for pulling them together.

Imagine what that team looks like without the signings of Z and Savard:eek:

Scored primo loge seats to the Pens next week...Spongeworthy indeed:cool:

Very nice, enjoy. I gotta get out to another game soon.

Sully2X
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
First things first, lets beat the Panthers tonight and go from there.

Right?! Another injury-plagued team they should be able to handle but who knows? GO B'S!

looch17
02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Well that was one hell of a game last night! Quite the comeback from the B's! Down 2 going into the 3rd, tied it up and won in the shootout. Gotta love that! Auld played awesome after they pulled Thomas. I wouldnt be surprised to see them give Timmy a rest and let Auld go against TB on Saturday. Also did any of you catch the pre game show? I missed it and someone told me they talked about the B's being interested in Marian Hossa?! That would be insane if we got him, but I bet we would have to give up a pretty good package of our young talent to pull it off.

chgorman
02-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Well that was one hell of a game last night! Quite the comeback from the B's! Down 2 going into the 3rd, tied it up and won in the shootout. Gotta love that! Auld played awesome after they pulled Thomas. I wouldnt be surprised to see them give Timmy a rest and let Auld go against TB on Saturday. Also did any of you catch the pre game show? I missed it and someone told me they talked about the B's being interested in Marian Hossa?! That would be insane if we got him, but I bet we would have to give up a pretty good package of our young talent to pull it off.

Savard centering Hossa would be absolutely sick for you guys!

looch17
02-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Savard centering Hossa would be absolutely sick for you guys!Yeah I know. I just dont know how true this whole thing is? I wish I would have seen it for myself.

Kaboominator
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I never got to see the game but i saw the score at start of second and was shocked when i saw they came back for the win. They keep surprising me. As much as hossa would be a really nice fit (Chara,Savard) i would hope the only way we give up a prospect like Stuart and Kessel or whoever there would be a big guarantee that Hossa would sign a long term deal. He is definately someone you would want long term and the B's arent really in the position to be buying rentals. So i guess time will tell! Tuesday can't come fast enough...

Sully2X
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Nice road trip! Particularly the last two gutsy wins in Florida - come from behind over Panthers, without Kobasew in Tampa Saturday. Hopefully, this home-coming is more successful than their last. B's can really cement their playoff position by taking care of business on their home ice. I heard Bergeon on EEI today, he has skated the past two days and sounded terrific {crosses fingers.} Go B's!!

looch17
02-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Nice road trip! Particularly the last two gutsy wins in Florida - come from behind over Panthers, without Kobasew in Tampa Saturday. Hopefully, this home-coming is more successful than their last. B's can really cement their playoff position by taking care of business on their home ice. I heard Bergeon on EEI today, he has skated the past two days and sounded terrific {crosses fingers.} Go B's!!Awesome news! Hopefully Patrice can make a full recovery. It would be a shame to see all that talent go to waste. As for the team...I cant wait to see if they make a move tomorrow.

Kaboominator
02-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Awesome news! Hopefully Patrice can make a full recovery. It would be a shame to see all that talent go to waste. As for the team...I cant wait to see if they make a move tomorrow.

Tell me about it. There are many possibilities, some excited to see what occurs..The boards will be hopping tommorow.

looch17
02-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Tell me about it. There are many possibilities, some excited to see what occurs..The boards will be hopping tommorow.Yeah it probably going to be hard to get on to HI tomorrow cause of all the traffic.:\

Kaboominator
02-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't like that Kessel isn't on the roster!!!! on BostonBruins.com that scares me....

nyrblue2
02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't like that Kessel isn't on the roster!!!! on BostonBruins.com that scares me....
Whoa....I thought I saw somewhere that Kessel was officially NOT on the trade block.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Yes that is definitely odd. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Kaboominator
02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Whoa....I thought I saw somewhere that Kessel was officially NOT on the trade block.

EXACTLY. Im just gonna sit and wait, the rumours are nuts! Kessel for Havlat on HB...screw that!!!!!!!!

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
EXACTLY. Im just gonna sit and wait, the rumours are nuts! Kessel for Havlat on HB...screw that!!!!!!!!

For that candy-ass? Cmon now, Chia!!

Snipes16
02-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of moving Kessel especially for that guy.

Dont be stupid, Petey.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 02:45 PM

Just read this on B's message board - don't know if it's true but it made me feel better.

tsn said kessel has been removed from the roster in order to be aleigible to play in the ahl playoffs or something. they stated quite clearly that kessel WAS NOT being traded.

chgorman
02-26-2008, 02:46 PM
You guys know if BOS is considering moving Murray? Wouldn't mind seeing the Wings grab him if it didn't cost too much...

Kaboominator
02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
good news!

nyrblue2
02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Just read this on B's message board - don't know if it's true but it made me feel better.

tsn said kessel has been removed from the roster in order to be aleigible to play in the ahl playoffs or something. they stated quite clearly that kessel WAS NOT being traded.
That makes less sense than a trade...

Kaboominator
02-26-2008, 02:50 PM
yea it is a very weird explanation. They have a huge game tonight. Why would he be sent to minors to play in ahl playoffs...

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 03:02 PM
yea it is a very weird explanation. They have a huge game tonight. Why would he be sent to minors to play in ahl playoffs...

I don't know if there is some sort of process that needed to be met for Kessel to qualify for the 'A' playoffs if Providence needed him. Like I said before, it made me feel better than hearing he might be traded for Havlat.

looch17
02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Well its past 3 and it appears the B's didnt do anything. I was kinda hoping they did, oh well. I just saw that there is going to be an NHL/Bruins trade deadline special on NESN @ 4:30 for anyone who wants to check it out.

Kaboominator
02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
if i got NESN id watch for sure...but i don't..boo..but im glad they never unloaded any prospects like Pitts did...they way overpaid..

looch17
02-26-2008, 03:25 PM
if i got NESN id watch for sure...but i don't..boo..but im glad they never unloaded any prospects like Pitts did...they way overpaid..Yeah thats a good thing, but I really wanted to see them make some type of move. I guess it wasnt meant to be. Anyhow the deadline is over so back to hockey. Big game tonight against the Sens, it should be a good one! Go B's!

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
if i got NESN id watch for sure...but i don't..boo..but im glad they never unloaded any prospects like Pitts did...they way overpaid..

Agreed. It would have been nice to add some more scoring punch but not at the asking price.

Snipes16
02-26-2008, 03:34 PM

No NESN? So you've never seen the Phil Kessel rap by those 2 goofballs standing outside the Fleet? good stuff :lol:

Captain Zadayno:lol:

Kaboominator
02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
HAHA..yes i have NHL CI shows the NESN feed...and when i went ot Boston to see a few games i watched ita ll the time and when i was there got a bunch of Rubber biscuit shirts and pucks. from that pretty looking guy ..simpson i think( sat right beside zmboni entrance)..and i love Hazel Maye (spelling??)

nyrblue2
02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
No NESN? So you've never seen the Phil Kessel rap by those 2 goofballs standing outside the Fleet? good stuff :lol:

Captain Zadayno:lol:
I'm into Bruins, y'all...

looch17
02-26-2008, 03:42 PM

Captain Zadayno:lol::lol:

I'm into Bruins ya'll, I'm into Bruins ya'll

Bruins...on NESN HD, Bruins...on NESH HD. :lol::lol:

looch17
02-26-2008, 09:10 PM
After 2 we are up 3-0. Hopefully we can finish as strong as we started and hand the Sens back to back tough losses. Go B's!

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
You guys know if BOS is considering moving Murray? Wouldn't mind seeing the Wings grab him if it didn't cost too much...

Surprised there wasn't more discussion about Muzz but the B's are happy to still have him on board.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 09:50 PM
After 2 we are up 3-0. Hopefully we can finish as strong as we started and hand the Sens back to back tough losses. Go B's!

Yeah they're playing their balls off tonight. How about Shawn Thornton with a goal and two drawn penalties? Cheap shot by Alfredsson with a high stick on Hnidy. Nice discipline shown by Sherriff Shane to not jump Alfie after that.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 09:58 PM

And Chara puts the Sens to bed with the 185 footer. Now see if Timmy T. can hold onto the..... well, you know. Like Jack Edwards said, you don't have to say the word.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Sweeeet win, boy the Sens are reeling right now! New look Pens in on Thursday should be fun!

Snipes16
02-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Surprised there wasn't more discussion about Muzz but the B's are happy to still have him on board.

They weren't buying or selling.

I needed that shutout by Thomas too :cool:..he's been shutout snakebitten under 3 minutes too many times this year. They looked great tonight :beer:

phaneuf6
02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow the Bruins are really surging. Surprising. Then again, I guess the biggest question mark coming in was goaltending and Thomas has been great.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 10:09 PM
They weren't buying or selling.

I needed that shutout by Thomas too :cool:..he's been shutout snakebitten under 3 minutes too many times this year. They looked great tonight :beer:

Sounds like they were buying but things got a little rich for their blood. It's just as well, they are playing as well as they have all season. They dominated tonite's game, it was really fun to watch.

Sully2X
02-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Double post, nevermind.

Kaboominator
02-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Man that was a great game! Savard was interviewed in second intermission and he said the team really appreciates a GM that beleives in his core team and didn't make any moves so they want to reward him for beleiving in them. I like that. No one even notices the Bruins in the East at all, which is fine. If we get in playoffs anything can happen. Even though we are a very young team there is still some top caliber talent on this team. I mean Marc Savard has to be one of the more underrated players in the league and thats even with him leading in Assists. Go B's! The pens should be a good game..

looch17
02-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Should be a good one tomorrow night. Hopefully the B's can rain on the Pens/ Hossa's parade.:D

Hamsterkill
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Either the Bruins are playing lights out, or the Pens are kinda sucking... cuz the Bs are looking really good right now...

looch17
02-28-2008, 08:42 PM
They are not playing good....they are playing GREAT! Way to go B's.

Hamsterkill
02-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Wow I love Talbot trying to stand up to Chara. Kid's got spirit that's for sure.

looch17
02-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow I love Talbot trying to stand up to Chara. Kid's got spirit that's for sure.Spirit or just no brains.:D

looch17
02-28-2008, 09:29 PM
WOOO HOOO Lucic! Man that kid had me out of my seat on that one!

Kaboominator
02-28-2008, 10:09 PM
wooooohooooo.....damn they are looking good. They are playing like a team that trusts there coach and trust there team mates. The young guys are stepping up big time. Timmy is getting back to his reg season form. I'm pumped. Haven't had this much excitement as a bruins fan in a long long time. Hope it keeps up and leads to good things.

looch17
02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
wooooohooooo.....damn they are looking good. They are playing like a team that trusts there coach and trust there team mates. The young guys are stepping up big time. Timmy is getting back to his reg season form. I'm pumped. Haven't had this much excitement as a bruins fan in a long long time. Hope it keeps up and leads to good things.I couldnt agree more!!!

Kaboominator
02-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm listening to WEEI today and am quite surprised at how much hockey talk there is. Usually its dead and when there is any hockey talk at all it is only to make fun of them. People are actually calling with some excitement, quite nice to hear...

looch17
02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm listening to WEEI today and am quite surprised at how much hockey talk there is. Usually its dead and when there is any hockey talk at all it is only to make fun of them. People are actually calling with some excitement, quite nice to hear...Always good to hear, but that just goes to show you that most of the people calling in are fair weathered fans, technically WEEI is too. Where were all these people and the WEEI when times were rough? You know what I am saying? I realize that the Sox, Pats and now Celts are #1, 2, and 3 in Mass but there is no reason why they cant discuss the Bruins from time to time. Good thing we have websites like this for us real B's fans!:D

looch17
03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Wasnt pretty but we got the 2 pts in a shootout. Go B's!

Hamsterkill
03-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Whoa! What the hell happened to Boston?! They were on a nice roll...

Kaboominator
03-03-2008, 07:56 PM
HOLY OL FUCK!!!! WTF is going on? I can't even talk...Its only first period...lots of time for a come back..hahahahaha. FFS

mrtybrodur30
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
i think soty's sig jinxed you guys ;) lol j/k

but yeah im happy the caps are winning like this but i have thomas in one league so im also like oh shit!! haha

Hockeyis#1
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Here's something I'm pretty sure I've never seen before:

They pulled Auld after 2 goals on 6 shots, they put Thomas in only to pull him after giving up 7 goals and put Auld back in. :eek:

Alex Ovechkin in the penalty box, which is about the only place in the building he can't score from...

:lol:

looch17
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
i think soty's sig jinxed you guys ;) lol j/k

but yeah im happy the caps are winning like this but i have thomas in one league so im also like oh shit!! hahaHa ha. I didnt get to see the game, but after seeing the score I am glad I didnt. What the hell happened? One good thing out of it was I got a big night from Ovie.:)

Hamsterkill
03-04-2008, 12:42 AM
And somehow Chara managed to be even with -8 goal differential for the team and nearly 20 min on the ice. That's gotta be prety decent defense work.

I do wonder why Ference has more TOI though...

phaneuf6
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Thomas = crybaby.

b_illin
03-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Thomas = crybaby.

Seriously! (I'll kick his ass if he ever takes a swing at a Leaf like that again!)

What a spanking that was tonight!! 3 more games between the two this year I believe....should be fun! :D

Kaboominator
03-06-2008, 10:14 PM
What an embarassment....This is about the time they will start to tank...Terrible. Not much more room to mess up like that again...

two24four
03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Out scored 19-4 in there last 3 games, that's rough.

Hamsterkill
03-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Hmm... Coach Julien can't be happy...

Yet still Chara +1... unbelievable. I think I found my new favorite D when Nieds hangs 'em up.

looch17
03-07-2008, 08:22 AM
What an embarassment....This is about the time they will start to tank...Terrible. Not much more room to mess up like that again...Agreed. Hopefully we turn things around....and quick!

Kaboominator
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM

Man....scary....i dont like those stats...

Sully2X
03-07-2008, 01:09 PM

I know, wtf?! Talk about a March malaise. Time to shuffle the frickin deck, Claude!

looch17
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I dont think we need to push the panic button just yet, but my finger is getting ever close to that red button.

Motorcat
03-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Does not get any easier for Boston - Capitals come to town SAT.

I'm pulling for you but your team looks like its about to give up the season.

They remind me of last years Hurricanes staggering to the finish line the last month of the season hoping for enough points to make it in only to run out of chances.

I'd like to see the B's in - good luck.

WinnipegWingnut
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Time to give Rask another shot in net??? Timmy and Alex are getting lit up!

Habs310
03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
uh oh hopefully the b's get 7 and face MTL in the first round

Kaboominator
03-08-2008, 02:36 PM
uh oh hopefully the b's get 7 and face MTL in the first round

I agree, i am also hoping for that as well. If they can get through the habs then who knows what will happen...

Sully2X
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
File today's win under 'All's well that ends well.'

Motorcat
03-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Thank you Bruins !!!

Hopefully the Hurricanes can cash in the Capitals loss with a win against the Slugs tonight.

Snipes16
03-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Without a doubt the biggest win this year...4 pt swing vs the Caps, up 7 now instead of 3 on them.

What a bizarre finish though. How many times do you see 10 minutes in minor penalties in the last 6 minutes of a 1-0 game? Thank you Donald Brashear, fuckin Lughead.

What a week..

10-2 loss
1-0 loss
8-2 loss
2-1 win

They always get the extinguisher out just in time with these brush fire losing streaks.

Hawkeye
03-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I agree, i am also hoping for that as well. If they can get through the habs then who knows what will happen...

Yeah good point. Its not like they lost every game vs the Habs this year...:rolleyes:

Oh wait... they did, I guess it isn't wishful thinking

looch17
03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Without a doubt the biggest win this year...4 pt swing vs the Caps, up 7 now instead of 3 on them.

What a bizarre finish though. How many times do you see 10 minutes in minor penalties in the last 6 minutes of a 1-0 game? Thank you Donald Brashear, fuckin Lughead.

What a week..

10-2 loss
1-0 loss
8-2 loss
2-1 win

They always get the extinguisher out just in time with these brush fire losing streaks.Big win is right! We had to have this one. Good to see them back on the right track. Hopefully we can keep things going and put those 2 bad losses behind us.:yes:

Kaboominator
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah good point. Its not like they lost every game vs the Habs this year...:rolleyes:

Oh wait... they did, I guess it isn't wishful thinking

thank you for pointing that out. I wasnt aware of that when i was typing. It might actually be better if they play the Sens, that would be good for a few shutouts wouldn't it? I guess this would be true if the regular season had any bearing on the playoffs. Doh, but it doesn't!:scared:

Hawkeye
03-09-2008, 10:39 AM
thank you for pointing that out. I wasnt aware of that when i was typing. It might actually be better if they play the Sens, that would be good for a few shutouts wouldn't it? I guess this would be true if the regular season had any bearing on the playoffs. Doh, but it doesn't!:scared:

By looking at your teams GA last few games, I'd say their chances of shutting out a team are impossible. They have trouble stopping a beach ball

Snipes16
03-09-2008, 01:17 PM
By looking at your teams GA last few games, I'd say their chances of shutting out a team are impossible. They have trouble stopping a beach ball

Jeez, if I didn't know any better I'd say thats back to back cheap shots from a glass house Sens supporter. Wasn't it only 2 weeks ago that this same Bruins team shutout the Sens? What does that say about the Sen's after watching the Bruins give up 20 goals this week :beer:

We've done alright one upping Ottawa lately though by signing away Chara and Chiarelli. Then last summer when both teams were looking for a coach we beat you to the punch with Julien while you settled on Paddock. How'd that work out for ya's? :lol:

Kaboominator
03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Yea those two games were a complete meltdown and totally out of the norm for this team this year. The Was, Florida, and NY games are the Bruins of this year. I'm not quite sure Hawkeye you should be the guy poking jabs at us. The Bruins arent supposed to be where they are right now (which would be what...3 points behind the Sens in the East) I would say the meltdown would be by the Sens completely shutting down and deciding that being first in the East was no good and instead try and finish 5th or 6th. I take alot of flak from friends who are leaf and Hab fans just because thats the way it is, but a Sens fan, after the year they've had, no way. You got nothing...

PS i actually don't mind the Sens, will be there next week to see the Blues play.

Hawkeye
03-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Yea those two games were a complete meltdown and totally out of the norm for this team this year. The Was, Florida, and NY games are the Bruins of this year. I'm not quite sure Hawkeye you should be the guy poking jabs at us. The Bruins arent supposed to be where they are right now (which would be what...3 points behind the Sens in the East) I would say the meltdown would be by the Sens completely shutting down and deciding that being first in the East was no good and instead try and finish 5th or 6th. I take alot of flak from friends who are leaf and Hab fans just because thats the way it is, but a Sens fan, after the year they've had, no way. You got nothing...

PS i actually don't mind the Sens, will be there next week to see the Blues play.

My first post was referring to Boston losing every game against the Habs this year... you poked a jab at my Sens first... read the thread

''thank you for pointing that out. I wasnt aware of that when i was typing. It might actually be better if they play the Sens, that would be good for a few shutouts wouldn't it? I guess this would be true if the regular season had any bearing on the playoffs. Doh, but it doesn't!:scared:''

;)

looch17
03-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Big one tonight against the Sens. Hopefully Chara plays and we beat them for a 3rd straight time.:)

Kaboominator
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
It is a big game! I hope Chara isnt hurt too bad. Goes to show you how important he is to this team. Id love to be 1 point behind the Sens with a game in hand. That would make me smile:)

looch17
03-11-2008, 01:48 PM
It is a big game! I hope Chara isnt hurt too bad. Goes to show you how important he is to this team. Id love to be 1 point behind the Sens with a game in hand. That would make me smile:)It would be nice to know what is wrong with Big Z, but like you said hopefully its just a minor thing and he will be back out there soon. As for being only 1 point behind the Sens...that would be freakin awesome! Go B's!

looch17
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Chara is out tonight and Auld gets 3rds straight start.
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

nyihater4life
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Alffy is sitting as well.

Kaboominator
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
way to go B's! Lets make it 5 losses after a 6 game winning streak. Jeez.....Nice call ref on the no goal for Murray.

chgorman
03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
way to go B's! Lets make it 5 losses after a 6 game winning streak. Jeez.....Nice call ref on the no goal for Murray.

I agree, that was a BS call. Sturm was pushed in. Not too sure they deserved to win the game regardless, but that call/goal def could've made things different , could've helped turn the game in BOS' favor.

looch17
03-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Missed the game tonight fellas. Can anyone fill me in on what happened? Did we play as bad as the score indicates?

Hawkeye
03-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Nice shutout yesterday... :lol::lol::lol:

Kaboominator
03-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Nice shutout yesterday... :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, very nice shoutout. Where were you last two games between those teams? Didn't hear much. Fairweather fan!

looch17
03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Anyone hear if Chara is going to play tonight? Man I hope so, we need him.

chgorman
03-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Anyone hear if Chara is going to play tonight? Man I hope so, we need him.

According to rotowold, he'll be out again tonight.

looch17
03-13-2008, 08:28 AM
According to rotowold, he'll be out again tonight.Crap. Thanks for the update.

chgorman
03-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Crap. Thanks for the update.

np. I need him in my fantasy lineup as much as the B's need him in their NHL lineup, :lol:, so I'm hoping he's back soon too. Love that guy, what a BEAST!! I really need to figure out a way to see him in person. He's a monster on t.v., so I could just imagine seeing him tower over guys in real life. Must be quite the spectacle. After Lids, he's my 2nd fave D in the league. Maybe I'll try and catch the B's in BUF sometime next year.

Kaboominator
03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
np. I need him in my fantasy lineup as much as the B's need him in their NHL lineup, :lol:, so I'm hoping he's back soon too. Love that guy, what a BEAST!! I really need to figure out a way to see him in person. He's a monster on t.v., so I could just imagine seeing him tower over guys in real life. Must be quite the spectacle. After Lids, he's my 2nd fave D in the league. Maybe I'll try and catch the B's in BUF sometime next year.

He does stand out big time...I saw Pens/B's last year and another guy who looked quite big on ice was Malkin. I was quite surprised by how big he looked. But nothing compared to Z.

looch17
03-13-2008, 09:59 AM
np. I need him in my fantasy lineup as much as the B's need him in their NHL lineup, :lol:, so I'm hoping he's back soon too. Love that guy, what a BEAST!! I really need to figure out a way to see him in person. He's a monster on t.v., so I could just imagine seeing him tower over guys in real life. Must be quite the spectacle. After Lids, he's my 2nd fave D in the league. Maybe I'll try and catch the B's in BUF sometime next year.I have never seen him in person either. I am sure its a sight to see.

two24four
03-13-2008, 10:11 AM

The only time I have seen Chara look small was a few weeks ago when watching the B's gaam they showed him with Shaq signing each other's jersey's, Shaq made him look tiny :lol:

Kaboominator
03-13-2008, 11:30 AM
The only time I have seen Chara look small was a few weeks ago when watching the B's gaam they showed him with Shaq signing each other's jersey's, Shaq made him look tiny :lol:

Lol i bet. What is the height difference between those two anyway?

Hawkeye
03-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Lol i bet. What is the height difference between those two anyway?

5 inches... Shaq is 7' 2''

Kaboominator
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
5 inches... Shaq is 7' 2''

wow! Put him on skates. Thats a big man.

two24four
03-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah and he is also 325lbs.

looch17
03-13-2008, 06:22 PM
B's already down 1-0. Hopefully we can answer...and quick.

looch17
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
2-0 heading to 3rd. Its not looking good at all!

Motorcat
03-13-2008, 08:53 PM
The free fall continues ........... the way the B's and Flyers are tanking the Caps and Panthers stand a chance of squeaking into the playoffs.

looch17
03-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah I know. No offense again tonight. Its hard to believe that we are still in the playoffs right now. Hopefully we can turn things around soon!

two24four
03-13-2008, 10:01 PM
The free fall continues ........... the way the B's and Flyers are tanking the Caps and Panthers stand a chance of squeaking into the playoffs.

Dont forget the Leafs, we are right there now with both the Caps and Panthers.

Kaboominator
03-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Yea the East is wide open. Alot of teams still have chances. I now realize that Chara is a major part of this team and basically they can't do nothing without him in the lineup. Great time of year to go on a downward spiral...6 wins in a row..6 losses in a row...getting depressing..

looch17
03-15-2008, 09:02 AM
BIG BIG game today vs the Flyers. They are only 1 pt behind us in the standings with the same amount of games left so this is pretty much a must win. Plus it would be nice to see the boys get back on track and start scoring again. It looks like they are going to have to do it without Chara again. Julien said yesterday that he doubts he plays this weekend.:(

looch17
03-15-2008, 01:27 PM
After a good start for us (1-0) here come the Flyers (2-1).:banghead:

looch17
03-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Well we put into OT, now hopefully we can come away with the 2 pts!

looch17
03-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Aaron Ward with a BOMB....Bruins win!!!

looch17
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
So are we FINALLY going to beat the Habs tonight?

NeelyDan
03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I wish, but no.

looch17
03-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I wish, but no.C'mon. I know they have had our number up to this point, but you have to think positive.:yes: Go B's!

NeelyDan
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
17 of the last 19 is more than just our number ;)

looch17
03-20-2008, 02:53 PM
17 of the last 19 is more than just our number ;)Ha ha very true, but I am just trying to stay optimistic.;) Go B's!

looch17
03-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Good news...Chara is back!

canuckthug
03-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Montreal has got Bostons #. Did the announcer say 11 games in a row dating back to last year??

Bruins play the Leafs twice back to back. Tues and Thursday. Huge games. With the Caps playing the Canes twice, Washington could still get 3rd overall and positions 7-12 are only separated by 5 points.

edit: 4 points.

canuckthug
03-23-2008, 12:47 AM
17 of the last 19 is more than just our number ;)

lol.

HABS_FrEaK
03-23-2008, 01:14 AM
I went to Boston for thursdays game and I almost felt bad because the people in Boston were actually pretty nice haha. Oh well you guys have the Sox, the celtics and the Pats lol

It did feel great singing the "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, Good Bye!" song in an opponents building though :P
________
Sc2 replys (http://screplays.com)

Kaboominator
03-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Well as much as it pains me, Montreal is the team to beat in the East. The outlook for the Bruins isn't good. New lines after Savards injury.

The lines:

Marco Sturm-David Krejci-Chuck Kobsew
Milan Lucic-Vladimir Sobotka-Glen Murray
Jeremy Reich-Petteri Nokeklainen-Peter Schaefer/Shawn Thornton
P.J. Axelsson-Glen Metropolit-Phil Kessel

If you weren't a bruins fan tell me you've heard about 3 or more of these players....lol alot of young guys though. maybe we still get that top 10 pick.

Kaboominator
03-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Good solid effort by the B's last night. About time they potted some goals. And all from the young guys. Hopefully that broke alot of slumps and they continue with the offense.

looch17
03-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Good solid effort by the B's last night. About time they potted some goals. And all from the young guys. Hopefully that broke alot of slumps and they continue with the offense.Agreed. I missed the game cause I was watching my team in the Q playoffs, but from the highlights I saw it looked like a pretty impressive performance by the B's. I hope that wakes them up before Washington catches us.

Kaboominator
03-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Agreed. I missed the game cause I was watching my team in the Q playoffs, but from the highlights I saw it looked like a pretty impressive performance by the B's. I hope that wakes them up before Washington catches us.

Whos your team in the Q? I've been goin to a few Saint John Seadogs games. Its exciting hockey. They are now up 3-0 on the PEI Rockets.

looch17
03-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Whos your team in the Q? I've been goin to a few Saint John Seadogs games. Its exciting hockey. They are now up 3-0 on the PEI Rockets.Maineiacs. They just had a BIG win last night over Cape and I hoping they can do the same tonight.

Kaboominator
03-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Man this guy rules! He just loves the Habs... He has a whole series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzQ1mVnwRls

looch17
03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
LMAO that guy is hilarious.:lol: Nice find.

Kaboominator
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Well making the playoffs this year could be quite tough...Kobasew is out for 4-8 weeks with a broken tibula. Savard isn't gonna be able to play tonight or sat or sun. Very important games. If this team makes the playoffs it will be quite impressive. They've got quite the road ahead. Lets hope the young guns can pull it off....

chgorman
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Well making the playoffs this year could be quite tough...Kobasew is out for 4-8 weeks with a broken tibula. Savard isn't gonna be able to play tonight or sat or sun. Very important games. If this team makes the playoffs it will be quite impressive. They've got quite the road ahead. Lets hope the young guns can pull it off....

Has him missing Sat/Sun been confirmed? If so, shitty for them. He seems to be the only guy that can create/provide offence with any sort of regularity.

edit: nvm, just saw your post in the injuries thread. Shitty. Hope he can play next week, for the Bruins' and for my fantasy team's sake!

looch17
03-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Time will tell if the baby B's can pull it off.

looch17
03-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Another big win against the Leafs tonight. Most importantly another 2 points!

Sully2X
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Another big win against the Leafs tonight. Most importantly another 2 points!

Ah the Leafs... good for what ails ya!

Kaboominator
03-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Lets go NJ and Les Habitants...yuk..Pains me..But whatever works to get the B's in. Hoping for first round against Habs. Need to finish 7th have them 2nd. Oh that would rule.

Kaboominator
03-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh boy.....Keep er goin boys. Bunch of no namers overacheiving. Love it. Whatta ya think of that game Hawkeye?

Snipes16
03-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Surf's up Hawkeye :lol:

Maybe the Sens shoulda taken a few more cheapshots...

Classless pricks should be suspended.

looch17
03-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah there were definitely some cheap shots, hopefully the league responds to those. Anyways another great win for the B's. Hopefully we can do it again tomorrow vs. the Sabres.

two24four
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
That Neil hit was dirty, nothing new with him though :rolleyes:

looch17
03-30-2008, 08:58 AM
That Neil hit was dirty, nothing new with him though :rolleyes:Agreed.

Kaboominator
03-30-2008, 09:43 AM
I was amazed when Stuart returned. I thought for sure he had his shoulder or elbow broken. Its nice to see the Habs are finally experiencing some injuries. Streit and Koivu. Watching hockey this year is awesome, both East and West is so close. Anywhere from 9th to 4th can still be decided in East. All the games are huge.

looch17
03-30-2008, 05:12 PM
B's and Sabres are underway. Hopefully the same Bruins team shows up from the last few games and we can eliminate the Sabres (like we already did to the Leafs earlier in the week).

looch17
03-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Not a good way to start though. Lucic with the double minor (high stick).

EDIT: nevermind short handed goal from Krejci!

looch17
04-01-2008, 08:49 PM
The Caps won again. Still no breathing room for the B's. Looks like this is going to down to the wire.

Kaboominator
04-02-2008, 07:00 AM
The Caps won again. Still no breathing room for the B's. Looks like this is going to down to the wire.

Yea its super tight..Ottawa losing throws them into the mix...

Sully2X
04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Hard fought, playoff-type atmosphere last night. The end result wasn't due to lack of effort. Brodeur was just amazing.

Buffalo87
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Hard fought, playoff-type atmosphere last night. The end result wasn't due to lack of effort. Brodeur was just amazing.

Yeah, I watched the game and it was a very good game. Brodeur was amazing, especially in the shootout.

looch17
04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah Brodeur won that game easily. He made some great stops and like Buffalo87 said especially in the shootout. That glove save in the shootout was awesome.

Kaboominator
04-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Hard to argue against the play of Brodeur. If that goal was allowed the game may have turned out different. Thankful for the one point!

looch17
04-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Hard to argue against the play of Brodeur. If that goal was allowed the game may have turned out different. Thankful for the one point!Exactly. I am not mad at 1 point at all. Every single on counts.

Kaboominator
04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Listening to WEEI..Lots of Bruins talk, quite surprising..

Snipes16
04-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Listening to WEEI..Lots of Bruins talk, quite surprising..

"Fellowship of the miserable"...Rick Pitino :lol:

Is Friday nights Bruins - Sens not the biggest game ever played between the 2 clubs? I've got a bad gut feeling about this one in Ottawa. Maybe I should order a foot long hoagie and pray.

Even with Buffalo cooked, you know they'd love to stick it up the B's ass in Saturday night's finale...bastards!

Go Broons :beer:

Kaboominator
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
yea i got lots of worries still. Just keep hoping...

iceman4
04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah Brodeur won that game easily. He made some great stops and like Buffalo87 said especially in the shootout. That glove save in the shootout was awesome.

its funny cause there was a flyers fan on the devils board after this game telling us devs fans to be worried cause brodeur is letting in weak goals....apparently he didnt tune into the game, B's deserved to win.

i used to go to school up in mass, and watched the B's regularly, and especially last year i thought they werent very exciting to watch. they look soo much better this year, some of those young kids can really fly and were exposing the devils D, beating them down ice all game long. I thought the B's looked real good, especially considering they're missing so many key guys right now. hopefully they can keep it up and secure a playoff spot.

edit: not that it matters now, but out of curiosity, what did you all think, as bruins fans, of the zubrus no goal? i realize there was no ruling on the ice and no conclusive evidence, but did you all think the puck was in or no? i personally did, especially given thomas' reaction.

Sully2X
04-03-2008, 03:26 PM
its funny cause there was a flyers fan on the devils board after this game telling us devs fans to be worried cause brodeur is letting in weak goals....apparently he didnt tune into the game, B's deserved to win.

edit: not that it matters now, but out of curiosity, what did you all think, as bruins fans, of the zubrus no goal? i realize there was no ruling on the ice and no conclusive evidence, but did you all think the puck was in or no? i personally did, especially given thomas' reaction.

Brodeur was terrific. He's such a cool customer.

Zubrus play should have been a goal, no doubt about it but those calls go both ways. I liked the way NJ didn't let it bother them and kept on grinding like they always do.

looch17
04-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I agree Zubrus goal should have counted. That delay was just stupid though.

Sully2X
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Looks like no Fisher or Alfie tonite for the Sens. Here's hoping the B's can take home 2 pts tonite (in regulation if possible.)

Kaboominator
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
If this isn't the biggest game of the year for the Bruins i don't know what is! I really hope they can pull it off! Expect the Sens to play hard! Let's go Bruins!!!!!

looch17
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree guys. This is it tonight. We HAVE to have this game. Go Bruins!!!

nyrblue2
04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Anyone watching the BOS-OTT game on Center Ice in the US? The NESN feed looks like absolute shit, almost as if I was getting the feed through an antenna. Also, the score graphic at the top of the screen isn't there...

looch17
04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Its because the Red Sox are on regular NESN and the Bruins are on NESN "extra." Its not your TV or service provider. I am pissed too. Yes I love the Sox as much as the next guy, but tonight B's game is huge and that should be on regular NESN so we can actually see the game good. There my 2 cents.

looch17
04-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Bruins are in! They won and Carolina lost which clinches a playoff spot for us. First time since before the lockout. It was a long, tough season, but the B's fought hard and were rewarded with a well deserved playoff spot.

Kaboominator
04-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Well how bout this...I'll give you an update. BRUINS WIN BRUINS WIN. Clinch a playoff spot ...woohooo

looch17
04-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Well how bout this...I'll give you an update. BRUINS WIN BRUINS WIN. Clinch a playoff spot ...woohoooRight on.:yes: :hyper:

Bure96
04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Congrats, B's! Still pulling for the Caps as well. I wanna see some more Ovechkin.

canuckthug
04-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Good Job B's. Good to see some original 6 back in the mix!!!! NYR, MTL, DET, BOS,
CHI TOWN next year!! watch and wait.
and whose that other Canadian team... they wear blue... oh yeah, they dont matter.

Once again.. Good Job B's. I know how good Timmy Thomas is. He is still under the radar which is good for you guys. The Bruins will probably be my darkhorse pick because of him. Go Bees!! Early in the season he was stopping 40 shots per game and pulling W's. Thank him. He is the MAIN reason you guys are in the promise land.

looch17
04-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Bring on the Habs!

Snipes16
04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Bring on the Habs!

Yeah, right :wtf: :\ :mad: :eek: :$

Hamsterkill
04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Good Job B's. Good to see some original 6 back in the mix!!!! NYR, MTL, DET, BOS,
CHI TOWN next year!! watch and wait.
and whose that other Canadian team... they wear blue... oh yeah, they dont matter.

Once again.. Good Job B's. I know how good Timmy Thomas is. He is still under the radar which is good for you guys. The Bruins will probably be my darkhorse pick because of him. Go Bees!! Early in the season he was stopping 40 shots per game and pulling W's. Thank him. He is the MAIN reason you guys are in the promise land.

Nah, I still give Chara the honor of being B's MVP this year.

Hawkeye
04-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Bring on the Habs!

Yep, 1pt outta 16 vs the Habs this year..... GL

housenuts
04-06-2008, 06:45 AM
in the modern 82-game schedule, has a team ever gone 12-0 against another club in one season?

Kaboominator
04-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree, Bring on the Habs. From a fan of the game stand point, why not. One of the best and oldest rivalries in the game. Yes the Habs own the Bruins this year but that is just prime for upset material. With the players this team has now there is no way they can make a deep run into the playoffs so i say bring on the friggin habs and give me some entertainment.

Although it would be so much better if we could face the Sens. But mark my words confident Hab fans, don't take the Bruins lightly. Im hoping they are gleaming with over confidence and get put on there buts. lol hoping... oh and i guess we gotta hope for a Pens win today to be able to face the Habs.

Kaboominator
04-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Bring on the HABS...I'm pumped and ready!

Motorcat
05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ward re-signs in Boston (http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index.php/canes?title=ward_re_signs_in_boston&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)

Any hopes Canes fans might have had of seeing Aaron Ward in a Carolina uniform again came to an end Tuesday when Ward re-signed with the Bruins. Terms of the multi-year deal were not announced.

---------------

Arron Ward was a shot blocking machine and played tough minutes for us - I liked him when he was here but long story short I was not one of those hoping for a return.

We need more on the defensive end than I think Ward can bring to the table.

I'm curious as to the totals of the contract that was signed.

Snipes16
05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
This was a must sign by the Bruins. They are thin enough on D and he was their 2nd best defenseman behind Zdeno. Staying healthy is his going to be his biggest obstacle but he played well last year even though he is getting long in the tooth.

1..Chara
2..Ward
3..Ference
4..Wideman
5..Alberts
6..M.Stuart
7..Hnidy

With all of the development of the forwards last year, where are the friggin defenseman? Lashoff? Hunswick? When was the last time they actually groomed a reliable guy on the blueline? 20 years ago in Don Sweeney?

Mark Stuart has hands of concrete and Shane Hnidy is just a piece of shit. They'll never advance deep into the playoffs with those 2 playing 15 minutes a night like they had to against Montreal. Andrew Alberts is better than both of em and gets benched, go figure.

looch17
05-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I am not that big a fan of Ward, but I had a feeling we would re sign him. Oh well. Anyone know what the latest is on Bergeron?

Hawkeye
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
I am not that big a fan of Ward, but I had a feeling we would re sign him. Oh well. Anyone know what the latest is on Bergeron?

I don't know how you can't like this guy...

Kaboominator
06-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Latest rmour since it looks like Hossa will sign in Pitts.

“Patrick Marleau is the "most likely star to be traded by July 1" if you ask the experts. I am not so sure....However there is a rumour that comes via two players in Boston that are telling me they are hearing that tha Bruins are working on a deal for Patrick Marleau.”

looch17
06-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Latest rmour since it looks like Hossa will sign in Pitts.

“Patrick Marleau is the "most likely star to be traded by July 1" if you ask the experts. I am not so sure....However there is a rumour that comes via two players in Boston that are telling me they are hearing that tha Bruins are working on a deal for Patrick Marleau.”Thanks for the info Kaboom. That sucks about Hossa, but I would like to hear more about the "2 players" Boston is talking about.