PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad!! - Spoilers Inside

Pages : [1] 2

kidquiv77
01-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Anybody else watched this new original series on AMC - American Movie Classics??

Starring Bryan Cranston best known as the dad on Malcolm in the Middle.

I am fucking loving this show so far..... edgy and well written!!

Its only on the 2nd episode and the new ones are on Sunday @ 10:00 PM but being AMC they run repeats throughout the week. And if you want to watch the pilot episode they have it on the AMC website.

Check it out!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-31-2008, 05:13 AM
that guy always cracks me up, but what's the series about?

kidquiv77
01-31-2008, 06:30 AM
"Meet Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher sleepwalking through life when, boom, a terminal diagnosis changes everything. Liberates him. Empowers him to use his chemistry skills anew to finance his family's future. Breaking Bad: Change the Equation."

Basically he starts cooking meth with one of his former flunkie students turned drug dealer and shit hits the fan from there......

Don't want to ruin too much of it because the plot is still developing and it is too great to miss IMO.

I read a review that described the show as very similar to the Coen brothers style of macabre humor which is pretty accurate.

I hadn't even heard about it being on until I went over to a friends and the Pilot Episode was on and already half way over and I was hooked about 3 minutes later then DVR'd the repeat to catch the first 30 min.......

King_Killah
01-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Have to say I never even heard of it until now. I'll give it a peek.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Sunday's @ 10 - thanks! I will DVR it and check it out when I've got the time!

Sounds pretty funny, that guy is hysterical

keys2aFranchise
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
It is good so far; here's the first 2 episodes.

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/breaking_bad/

ih8music
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
I saw some ads for this and it looked interesting (I also loved his character in malcom in the middle) but i haven't caught it yet. i'll definitely give it a try - sounds hilarious.

Liquid
01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
My girlfriend and I just got done watching the first episode and we both liked it a lot. Now we will have something to watch on Sunday night. Thanks for posting this here, otherwise I would have never known about this show! :)

kidquiv77
02-10-2008, 11:44 PM
New episode (#3) is on tonight for anyone interested........DVR it if you have to!!

Personally I can't wait after I thought they would have a new one on last Sunday but I guess they decided not to with the Super Bowl happening.....

Although I did read that they had originally ordered 9 episodes but only shot 7 of them before the writer's strike.... so they might just be delaying airing new episodes so they don't run out before more can be produced now that it looks like the strike is coming to an end.....

and the actor playing Jesse Pickman is absolutely awesome in that role and is a great compliment to Cranston's acting.

AMC at 10:00PM......
but they repeat the episode again right after at 11:00 if you are watching the Grammys:eek:

Quiv
:cool::cool:

King_Killah
02-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I actually caught this show, they re-aired the first two... It is pretty damn good. Missed tonight, but if its like the previous two, I am sure it'll be on again.

heliosj
02-11-2008, 07:07 AM
I caught this a couple of weeks ago, and ever since I've been dying to see the 3rd episode. Great stuff. :yes:

heliosj
02-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Just watched the 3rd episode. Wow, just wow...

ih8music
02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
yeah, i agree - great show. not at all what I was expecting, but much better than I could have hoped. it'll be interesting to see how the storyline develops, as you'd think the terminal cancer angle would inherently make it a 1 or 2 season run, max.

heliosj
02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I read it's a one season deal... which is fine, I'd rather have one GREAT season than have something drag on and get stale.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-11-2008, 12:35 PM
episodes online anywhere?

edit: nevermind, thanks keys! Missed your post at first, thanks a lot for the link!

heliosj
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
As it's somewhat unknown, let's keep the spoilers to a minimum..

kidquiv77
02-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I read it's a one season deal... which is fine, I'd rather have one GREAT season than have something drag on and get stale.

Agree with you there 100%. This show has the feel of a movie rather than a TV show and it would be a shame to see it watered down by the need to keep the series running like they do on all the network shows.

I think one of the main reasons I love this show is that it brings back memories of when I lived in Durango, CO but drove throughout New Mexico to visit my GF family in ABQ, and Las Cruces. I swear that scene ( not a spoiler since the scene was meaningless) last night when he on the I-40 freeway overpass was shot right outside ABQ by the Santa Ana Pueblo........

Can't wait for next weeks episode!!

Quiv

ih8music
03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Season 2 got started last night. Love this show.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid9787693001/bclid10174960001/bctid14384555001

heliosj
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
:yesyes:

I've been waiting weeks for it to return. Looks like it's off to good start.

heliosj
03-17-2009, 07:37 AM
How the hell does Walter go home now? And why did Hank think a Hispanic dude was Jesse Pinkman?

b_illin
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
How the hell does Walter go home now? And why did Hank think a Hispanic dude was Jesse Pinkman?

I don't know what Walter does - he's screwed!

And Tuco had his face in his arms, so that's probably how Hank didn't know at first.

keyboard
03-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Someone doesn't understand the concept of spoiler, it seems. :lol:

b_illin
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Someone doesn't understand the concept of spoiler, it seems. :lol:

oh yeah, whoops! (better learn how to do that spoiler thing!)

MrScientist
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't get why they never explained how Jesse got back to civilization (the hotel), since he didn't have his car and Walter leaves him on the side of the road.

ih8music
03-24-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't get why they never explained how Jesse got back to civilization (the hotel), since he didn't have his car and Walter leaves him on the side of the road.
I assume he just hitched his way back like Walter, then met up with his dope-head buddy (remember, they cleaned out the basement before you see him at the motel).

I thought the whole episode - esp. Walter's thinking his way out of the mess he was in - was brilliant. Of course, that last call on his 2nd cell is gonna ruin his story

and gawd, do i hate using these spoiler tags...

heliosj
03-24-2009, 01:10 PM
As long as it's a later than 11pm Pacific time on Sunday, we can assume you shouldn't come in here until you're caught up. :)

ih8music
03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
As long as it's a later than 11pm Pacific time on Sunday, we can assume you shouldn't come in here until you're caught up. :)
I'm down with that. I'm used to avoiding the internet when I have a game recorded - no problem doing that w/ a TV series.

heliosj
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I certainly don't have an expert criminal mind... but.. :banghead:

:wtf:

MrScientist
04-13-2009, 08:17 AM
I certainly don't have an expert criminal mind... but.. :banghead:

:wtf:

Did you catch when the junkie said that the cash was "FIDC Insured"? :lol:

ih8music
04-13-2009, 08:24 AM
The scenes with Jesse and the kid were tough to watch (I mean that in a good way). Brutal, haunting stuff.

heliosj
04-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Did you catch when the junkie said that the cash was "FIDC Insured"? :lol:I did. :banghead:

You just know that money is going to be serialized.

MrScientist
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Does anyone else think that Skyler cheated with that guy at the company? I'm also thinking Walt had something go on with the assistant principal, there was tons of sexual tension in both scenes

heliosj
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
The fact they're both not in jail already is dumbfounding.

ih8music
04-28-2009, 01:56 AM
The fact they're both not in jail already is dumbfounding.

I was briefly concerned that the writers would change Walter, Jesse & Co into criminal masterminds overnight... but it's obvious that's not gonna happen.

Having the "professional" felon take the rap was an interesting touch - I wonder if that actually happens. Kinda makes sense, although I'd think the cost would be much higher. The lawyer is going to be bad news, that's for sure.

But yeah, having them just show up to watch the fake drop was absurd enough - but having them interfere with the surveilance and get away with it... well, lucky is putting it nicely.

heliosj
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Hank is already suspicious, he's going to be more so once he talks to this guy who is obviously not a chemist. And how is it there just happened to be a guy who loosely matched Walter's description available for this task?

And shit, Badger had them dead to rights -- why on EARTH would he make the sale? Always trust your instincts, fucktard. Personally, I would have had him shanked. I did like the irony of Badger sitting on Saul's bench advertisement though.

I guess I'd like to believe cops aren't actually that stupid, but perhaps that a pretty accurate portrayal.

MrScientist
04-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Hank is already suspicious, he's going to be more so once he talks to this guy who is obviously not a chemist. And how is it there just happened to be a guy who loosely matched Walter's description available for this task?

And shit, Badger had them dead to rights -- why on EARTH would he make the sale? Always trust your instincts, fucktard. Personally, I would have had him shanked. I did like the irony of Badger sitting on Saul's bench advertisement though.

I guess I'd like to believe cops aren't actually that stupid, but perhaps that a pretty accurate portrayal.

Why would he make the sale? Because he's a moron, he has street smarts obviously, so the cop tricked him with (fake) book smarts.

ih8music
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Hank is already suspicious, he's going to be more so once he talks to this guy who is obviously not a chemist.
why would he even talk to the cops, other than to plead ignorance of everything? Remember, he wants to go to jail - the cops have him with the evidence, have Badger's positive ID, etc - the only reason for him to talk is if he tries to make a deal, which won't happen. I would think he'll plead not guilty, Saul will put up an intentionally weak defense, and it'll be a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Having said that, I agree that from a story perspective it'll be much more interesting if Hank senses something funny and eventually makes the connection back to Walter. That almost certainly is going to happen eventually, but I think it'll be after this dude is locked up for a while and the blue meth continues to flow on the streets.

I think cops - especially DEA/drug enforcement types - are always under pressure to get arrests & get as many "scumbags" off the streets as possible. so I don't think it's really a case of being stupid as much as it's a case of being blinded by your goals.

heliosj
05-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Had to see that coming.

MrScientist
05-04-2009, 03:43 PM
While he obviously won't get out of the game, it would be a hell of a writing experience to see what they did with it if he did.

ih8music
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Had to see that coming.
right, especially after they announced that there will be a 3rd season you knew he'd have to get the cancer under control somehow.

no complaints here - this show is still the highpoint of the week for me, at least as far as TV goes.

While he obviously won't get out of the game, it would be a hell of a writing experience to see what they did with it if he did.

Yeah, I doubt they will stop. But considering they just made enough meth to each pull down $750K+ each, I can see Walter might want to stop now... but if that happens you just know that Saul will be happy to blackmail him (or worse) in order to continue production.

MrScientist
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
You know what would be pretty damn cool? Skyler is an accountant right...what if she finally confronts Walt, sees the $$$, and ends up keeping books on the whole thing?

heliosj
05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
If they start keeping books for drug dealing, I hope they all go to jail.

ih8music
05-16-2009, 11:49 AM
YouTube - Breaking Bad ? ending of episode 2.10 (''Stay out of my territory")

badass. Walter is finally embracing Heisenberg.

b_illin
05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
YouTube - Breaking Bad ? ending of episode 2.10 (''Stay out of my territory") (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vol8QyZgvC0)

badass. Walter is finally embracing Heisenberg.

I fucking love it...that grin on his face at the end is awesome!

PS: how many more episodes are there? Looking forward to tomorrows...

heliosj
05-17-2009, 09:21 AM
:yesyes: Good stuff.

Dexter
05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
The fact that he chose the name "Heisenberg" is fantastic.

ih8music
05-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Blown away by this episode, especially the tension of the last 10 minutes.

The complexity of Walt's character is just brilliant.

Dexter
05-25-2009, 12:43 PM
That whole episode was so emotional, but that least scene in particular, wow.

My girlfriend was in absolute shock about what just transpired.

b_illin
05-26-2009, 09:40 AM
That was definitely crazy...and Walt is becoming EVIL! (can't say I am going to miss 'that' character who appears to be dead....annoyed the hell outta me!)

ih8music
05-26-2009, 11:32 AM
I just love how we're seeing the transformation of Walt... 2 or 3 episodes ago, he would have struggled with the situation but would have eventually broken down and done the "right" thing. To let her go - and to see him realize what he was doing and the decision he was making - was chilling.

MrScientist
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
I figured she was dead anyway - either at the hands of Walt or Gus. You can tell Jesse was upset with her blackmailing Walt, so they both feel something for the partnership. This way, though...will either scare him clean and back in the game or deeper into the addiction.

heliosj
05-26-2009, 01:18 PM
"Breaking Bad"

True to its name.

ih8music
05-27-2009, 01:26 AM
http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

MrScientist
06-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Though it's retarded business sense, I can easily foresee Walt and Jesse living together next season. Did Gus recognize Walt's picture on the jug?

ih8music
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Though it's retarded business sense, I can easily foresee Walt and Jesse living together next season.
I guess that's possible. I suspect Walt's going to end up in an apartment (likely as a tenant to Jane's father :rolleyes:)

Did Gus recognize Walt's picture on the jug?
He absolutely recognized him - my first reaction was 'Walt's a dead man.' There's no way a 'careful man' like Gus is going to tolerate the chief narcotics agent's brother in law knowing his true identity.

Mixed feelings about the finale. part of me is thrilled to see Walt's house of cards collapse (I love how they never dumbed-down Skyler and she nailed him about his lies), but it was also fun watching him live the double life.

I didn't really care for the convenient coincidence w/rt the opening/final scene... they were already stretching it quite a bit having Walt and Jane's father meet last week... to have the crash occur directly over Walt's house was pretty ridiculous.

Heard somewhere that season 3 is slated for 30 episodes? Seems like way too many... but then again, I'm sure they'll make it work.

heliosj
06-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Albuquerque must be one small town. :lol:

b_illin
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
I guess that's possible. I suspect Walt's going to end up in an apartment (likely as a tenant to Jane's father :rolleyes:)

He absolutely recognized him - my first reaction was 'Walt's a dead man.' There's no way a 'careful man' like Gus is going to tolerate the chief narcotics agent's brother in law knowing his true identity.

Mixed feelings about the finale. part of me is thrilled to see Walt's house of cards collapse (I love how they never dumbed-down Skyler and she nailed him about his lies), but it was also fun watching him live the double life.

I didn't really care for the convenient coincidence w/rt the opening/final scene... they were already stretching it quite a bit having Walt and Jane's father meet last week... to have the crash occur directly over Walt's house was pretty ridiculous.

Heard somewhere that season 3 is slated for 30 episodes? Seems like way too many... but then again, I'm sure they'll make it work.

If two planes collided, a sizeable area would get littered with the wreckage....I don't think it's inaccurate at all.

I felt so bad for Jane's dad when he pulled up to the house, then the whole sequence inside.

I want to fuck Skylar.

PS: holy fuck was that crack house scary!

ih8music
06-05-2009, 01:03 PM
just came across a great writeup about the finale:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/04/breaking-bads-season-finale-abq-gives-ridiculous-new-meaning-to-the-words-left-behind-body-bags-secret-codes-and-the-teddy-bear-discussed/

I want to go back and read some of his reviews of past episodes... he pretty much nails why I have mixed feelings about the plane crash scene.

MrScientist
06-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I feel like a moron...I just finished an English 102 class with a teacher who is very into everything being symbolic, yet I completely missed Holly-Jane and teddy bear-Walt.

b_illin
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
the only remaining loose-end from the finale is the pink teddy bear. You may recall that the stuffed bear appeared in the previous episode, “Phoenix,” (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/26/breaking-bad-episode-phoenix-flynns-ugly-website-and-season-2-finale-predictions/) during a drug transaction and yet it inexplicably appears here floating in Walt White’s pool.

Does anyone remember the teddy bear from the drug transaction? I don't...

MrScientist
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Vaguely...it was either in Walt's car, or just randomly in that place that Walt went.

ih8music
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
yeah, it was in frame for a brief second or two right around the time that walt threw the spare tire. I missed it the first time, but heard people mention it & saw the screenshot.

edit... found it here: http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1403/teddybearz.jpg

ih8music
02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.amctv.com/videos/breaking-bad/?bcpid=9787693001&bclid=50629287001&bctid=66867723001

one month 'till season 3!

ih8music
03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Season 3 starts Sunday, and it looks like it's going to be quite a trip

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2010/03/video-season-premiere-sneak-peek.php

MrScientist
03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Season 3 starts Sunday, and it looks like it's going to be quite a trip

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2010/03/video-season-premiere-sneak-peek.php

So the speculation begins...

Has Walt's meth elevated him to a God status with these guys? Or is he a target possibly?

ih8music
03-19-2010, 11:21 AM
So the speculation begins...

Has Walt's meth elevated him to a God status with these guys? Or is he a target possibly?

I totally took it as the latter, but we'll see. I think Heisenberg is in for a pretty rough ride this season...

MrScientist
03-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I totally took it as the latter, but we'll see. I think Heisenberg is in for a pretty rough ride this season...

Well, I think since his family has moved out, he'll be able to ramp up production...which yes, would lead to more trouble.

Dexter
03-19-2010, 12:05 PM
I can't wait to see what Gus has in store for Walter this season.

MrScientist
03-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm oddly pumped for this tonight, I've never felt this way for a TV show

MrScientist
03-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I kinda thought he was just gonna run with the marijuana angle.

Dexter
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Pretty sure Gus is gonna go ape-shit. Even as professional a businessman he may be, everyone likes making shit-tons of money. Having Walt end his income because he simply had a change of heart isn't going to sit well. Especially since Gus knows that Walt's brother-in-law is DEA. My initial thought after that scene was "OH MAN, GUS IS GONNA MESS HIM UP GOOD" .

b_illin
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I want to know who the mexican gangsters are and where they will fit in. Walt should have taken Gus' offer as me thinks he will get forced to make the meth anyway....for less then $3mm

boredguy
03-25-2010, 12:36 AM
My guess is that they're Tucco's cousins

ih8music
03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
^ me too.

and all this "spoiler" stuff... is it really necessary? being someone who a) lives on the west coast and b) watches pretty much everything off the DVR anyway, I know to not look at any threads like this until I'm caught up with the show. isn't that common sense?

MrScientist
03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
^ me too.

and all this "spoiler" stuff... is it really necessary? being someone who a) lives on the west coast and b) watches pretty much everything off the DVR anyway, I know to not look at any threads like this until I'm caught up with the show. isn't that common sense?

Meh, one time someone will come in and bitch, idk

MrScientist
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Skipped a week here...tonight's episode was pretty underwhelming, just a lot of arc building for the next episode.

ih8music
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I like how they've started this season. All of the characters are undergoing major changes and the stage is set for quite a bit of conflict. Jessie's growth in particular has been very interesting, now that he's clean, tormented, and cooking on his own.

And Skyler, for all her bitchiness, has been fun to watch (well, not so much her alone, but the Walt-Skyler conflict). I won't be surprised if she turns up dead, though... she's causing Walt to act erratically and I don't see Gus and Saul allowing that to continue. Of course, killing her would do a number on Walt... but his days are numbered anyway.

MrScientist
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I like how they've started this season. All of the characters are undergoing major changes and the stage is set for quite a bit of conflict. Jessie's growth in particular has been very interesting, now that he's clean, tormented, and cooking on his own.

And Skyler, for all her bitchiness, has been fun to watch (well, not so much her alone, but the Walt-Skyler conflict). I won't be surprised if she turns up dead, though... she's causing Walt to act erratically and I don't see Gus and Saul allowing that to continue. Of course, killing her would do a number on Walt... but his days are numbered anyway.

I don't think he'll do that, Gus said he doesn't believe fear to be an effective motivator, and he's have to care for the baby/household if she was killed, not really any time to cook. Not like he'd let Gus watch her lol

What I could see though...Skylar and Ted are fucking at the White residence, the cousins come back and kill Ted, thinking he's Walt. It would close the arc of her affair, the cousins involvement, and also turn her towards the family since she wouldn't have any outside support. We already saw a glimpse of that when the chick in the copy room totally ignored her.

ih8music
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
What I could see though...Skylar and Ted are fucking at the White residence, the cousins come back and kill Ted, thinking he's Walt. It would close the arc of her affair, the cousins involvement, and also turn her towards the family since she wouldn't have any outside support. We already saw a glimpse of that when the chick in the copy room totally ignored her.
That would be an interesting development, indeed.

heliosj
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I've stopped trying to predict what's going to happen next, because I'm always wrong when it comes to this particular show.

szuturon
04-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Haven't read the recent posts... I'm behind. Just finished episode 3 of season 3. All I have to say is, Skylar... that bitch needs to die.

MrScientist
04-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Haven't read the recent posts... I'm behind. Just finished episode 3 of season 3. All I have to say is, Skylar... that bitch needs to die.

You didn't miss much in the fourth episode, just a bridge with lots of plot starters and such. Definitely need to catch it, but nothing big went down.

MrScientist
04-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Fuck man, I knew Gus had to do something, but I thought it'd be Jesse, not Hank!

ih8music
04-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Fuck man, I knew Gus had to do something, but I thought it'd be Jesse, not Hank!

I don't think the cousins would have been satisfied with Jesse - he had to offer them something bigger than Walt. Giving them license to kill the man who actually killed Tuco is all he could offer that would be enough.

But how long until Walt realizes that his new chem buddy is going to be his death sentence? He's probably already expendable... actually a little surprised that Gus didn't sell him out, but I guess he needs to see a finished batch or two out of them first. No way this 3 month deal goes all 3 months, IMO.

Best episode of the season so far. :yes:

MrScientist
04-26-2010, 06:25 AM
But how long until Walt realizes that his new chem buddy is going to be his death sentence? He's probably already expendable...

Best episode of the season so far. :yes:

Are you speaking of Gus or the nerd? If you mean the nerd, are you saying that he's sucking Walt in?

Also, didn't mention it previously, but I fucking loved when Hank was taking the tape off of the door and the bullet holes shined on Walt's body. Symbolism ftw

Dexter
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Are you speaking of Gus or the nerd? If you mean the nerd, are you saying that he's sucking Walt in?

Also, didn't mention it previously, but I fucking loved when Hank was taking the tape off of the door and the bullet holes shined on Walt's body. Symbolism ftw

The nerd is Walt's replacement.

MrScientist
04-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Well, keep in mind that he still has cancer despite the remission...Gus was willing to give him up after the three months, yes, but he also respected Walt wanting to leave to a point...so I think he either extends him, or Walt will die, but not by Gus's hand.

ih8music
04-26-2010, 10:49 AM

I was referring to the nerd knowing (and more importantly, understanding) all of Walt's production techniques. Once Gus is no longer dependent on Walt, I don't see him going out of his way to ensure he's safe - and I definitely don't see how he just "lets him go" with everything he knows once it's all done. He may be a mild-mannered guy, but he has a meth empire to protect.

MrScientist
04-29-2010, 05:49 AM
"This is my domicile and I won't be harassed...bitch"

Dexter
04-29-2010, 08:23 AM
"Would you ladies like to see my fat stack?"

MrScientist
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
That was fucking awesome

ih8music
05-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Agree. Holy shit! Love this show.

Does Hank survive? Looks like one of the cousins did.

Do you think they're going to try to pin the hit on Jesse? Hank is going to be a hero because of that.

MrScientist
05-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Obviously not the one with the hole in the back of his skull haha, but yes, it showed the other in a hospital bed.

I could see Hank passing, yes, but since he killed one of the cousins it wouldn't satisfy the revenge, thus continuing the story arc.

At large story, possibly. It showed Gomez in the preview, so obviously the cousins must be on the DEA's radar. I definitely think the 'family' is going to blame Gus for tipping Hank off, and that situation will escalate, possibly with Gus getting rubbed off.

Will be interesting to see who it actually was, though.

heliosj
05-03-2010, 12:35 PM
that was fucking awesome+1

MrScientist
05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Or Gus could seize the market for himself. Nice.

Sky is warming to Walt, it's been visible for a while now. With Walt's deal now open ended, I could see her getting involved.

ih8music
05-24-2010, 01:55 PM
That was a pretty pesky fly. :lol:

But the pressure is definitely getting to Walt - he's clearly going insane. I thought for sure he was going to spill the beans re: Jane to Jesse... he came sooo close.

MrScientist
05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
That was a pretty pesky fly. :lol:

But the pressure is definitely getting to Walt - he's clearly going insane. I thought for sure he was going to spill the beans re: Jane to Jesse... he came sooo close.

Yeah, I kept wondering if it would happen as well

MrScientist
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Nevermind, they wrapped that shit up! OMG

ih8music
06-07-2010, 02:29 AM
The previews for next week make it look like Walt is going after Gus... what an idiot move that would be.

heliosj
06-07-2010, 11:04 AM
The previews for next week make it look like Walt is going after Gus... what an idiot move that would be.You think that's what he's doing?

MrScientist
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
You think that's what he's doing?

Nah, I think something is going on from the inside. I'm not sure Gus will make it out of this episode, but not necessarily by Walt's hand.

You notice this is the first time that Gus seems not to have the answers. His "business solution" blew up in his face. Walt also had his Heisenberg hat in the preview - a sign that he's tired of being a yes man again.

Again, based on these things, I really think Gus is in trouble in some fashion. Cartel is back?

Mike also seems incredibly fond of Walt, doesn't he?

ih8music
06-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Mike also seems incredibly fond of Walt, doesn't he?
Not fond enough, as it turns out. ;)

What a season finale... heart is still racing! At first, I thought Walt was really selling out Jesse and I couldn't believe he was doing that... but that was just a brilliant move to trick Mike into letting him call Jesse to get the job done.

Gus showed that he can be ruthless when he needs to be... and so did Walt. Now that they have established that, can they continue working together? They have to, but each will have to watch his back.

This season may have had an episode or two that were slower than the rest, but it sure delivered in the end. Just pissed that we have to wait until next season for the story to resume!

heliosj
06-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Great ending! Bang!

b_illin
06-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Still have to watch the finale, but caught up last night on a few episodes.....how fucking gangsta was Walt when he finished that dealer off???!!!!???

heliosj
06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I have one question though, wouldn't Gale have recognized Jesse? They met briefly? He didn't seem to know who he was.

ih8music
06-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I have one question though, wouldn't Gale have recognized Jesse? They met briefly? He didn't seem to know who he was.
He did, just not immediately. At first he thought he came to rob him, offering him money, etc. - but then he realized who he was and what he was there to do, and that's when the "you don't have to do this" started.

Jesse's face was still messed up when they first met, too.

szuturon
06-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Anyone else feel sorry for Gale? Sure there's always a hint of brown on his nose but he was genuinely a nice guy.

b_illin
06-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Anyone else feel sorry for Gale? Sure there's always a hint of brown on his nose but he was genuinely a nice guy.

Holy shit! What an ending!! That was super intense.

I totally feel bad for Gale. Jesse too. (Walt I think will be able to handle Gale's death fairly well)

PS: when you think of it, I feel bad for Jane's dad, the 11 yr-old kid, his sister (the recovering junkie)...

ih8music
06-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Yes and no. Sure he's a victim of being the loser in a power struggle and that's unfortunate... but before last night's episode, where we saw what a pure and genuine guy he really was, I thought the Gale character was going to unfold into something much darker.

There had to have been a reason for him to associate with Gus, beyond the lab job - past criminal history, owes Gus some form of debt that will never be repaid, etc. But seeing as he was just a quirky, fastidious, single guy who likes houseplants and old up-tempo Italian music... eh, I'd rather have Walt & Jesse.

what an ass I am. :D

I totally feel bad for Gale. Jesse too. (Walt I think will be able to handle Gale's death fairly well)
Yeah, I see this destroying Jesse. He had already started to decline with the death of the kid and realizing that Gus was behind it (and by extension, Walt and himself too)... I would not be surprised to see him become a full-blown junkie again by next season. Walt may be the only one who can save him, which is ironic.

MrScientist
06-14-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm up north, but I had to come post after last night!

That whole cartel thing sort of went away quickly, didn't it? It was a decent portion of the episode and then it just stopped happening. Likely just setting up for next season.

I think it's mildly hilarious how easily Walt picks up on Gus's plans. Is a takeover coming? Obviously this relationship is on thin ice.

Gale is naive. Did he tell Jesse that he didn't have to do this because he realized Walt was a marked man, or because he thought Jesse wanted his job back? The character of Gale was either extremely dark or just stupidly unassuming.

Walt is a fucking hardass. The things he's done this season, in the past two episodes even, have convinced me that a takeover is plausible. He's getting his Heisenberg swagger back.

I thought a shootout was coming in the laser tag place or a shootout when they were going to "meet" Jesse. That's great suspense, hoorah to the writers.

My guess is that Jesse did kill Gale, but he may have also killed himself. Perhaps Gale is alive? I think Victor will die somehow when he rushes to the scene. Maybe we will see the dark Gale emerge, if alive, and he and Jesse will kill Victor.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Is this another one of those shows that comes highly recommended as must see tv ?

Obviously I don't have much free time to keep up with television shows as they air but I am more than content catching up years/seasons after the fact. Dexter, for example. I am about to start season 4 (finally!) I just got my hands on the 1st season of True Blood and Mad Men as well. Not sure what to expect... anyway, do I add Breaking Bad to the que ?

b_illin
06-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm up north, but I had to come post after last night!

That whole cartel thing sort of went away quickly, didn't it? It was a decent portion of the episode and then it just stopped happening. Likely just setting up for next season.

I think it's mildly hilarious how easily Walt picks up on Gus's plans. Is a takeover coming? Obviously this relationship is on thin ice.

Gale is naive. Did he tell Jesse that he didn't have to do this because he realized Walt was a marked man, or because he thought Jesse wanted his job back? The character of Gale was either extremely dark or just stupidly unassuming.

Walt is a fucking hardass. The things he's done this season, in the past two episodes even, have convinced me that a takeover is plausible. He's getting his Heisenberg swagger back.

I thought a shootout was coming in the laser tag place or a shootout when they were going to "meet" Jesse. That's great suspense, hoorah to the writers.

My guess is that Jesse did kill Gale, but he may have also killed himself. Perhaps Gale is alive? I think Victor will die somehow when he rushes to the scene. Maybe we will see the dark Gale emerge, if alive, and he and Jesse will kill Victor.

The dudes that Mike killed when he used the balloons to kill the power were cartel - the cartel was 'testing to find weakness' Mike said to Gus

Part of me wonders if Jesse didn't kill Gale (but I think he did) - the camera angle made it look like he might have pointed his gun a few inches to the right right before the gun fired.

PS: Sponge, definitely a series to watch on DVD

ih8music
06-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Is this another one of those shows that comes highly recommended as must see tv ?

Obviously I don't have much free time to keep up with television shows as they air but I am more than content catching up years/seasons after the fact. Dexter, for example. I am about to start season 4 (finally!) I just got my hands on the 1st season of True Blood and Mad Men as well. Not sure what to expect... anyway, do I add Breaking Bad to the que ?

I haven't tried True Blood yet so I don't know how BB matches up w/ that one, but I did try a few episodes of Mad Men and it didn't click with me.

I would put BB on par with Dexter. Obviously not as graphic or gory, but the storyline is interesting/unique and the acting & writing is about as good as it gets on TV. Bryan Cranston has won the past 2 best actor Emmys, iirc.

b_illin
06-14-2010, 10:50 PM
True Blood is good...you need to be patient though. (I didn't like it after the first two episodes but then I started liking it by the 3rd or 4th episode)

szuturon
06-16-2010, 02:27 AM
True Blood is good...you need to be patient though. (I didn't like it after the first two episodes but then I started liking it by the 3rd or 4th episode)

I just finished episode 4 of season 1. Kinda wish I didn't spend the day grinding away at Final Fantasy XIII... and watch True Blood instead...

And Breaking Bad is fairly high on my favorites list for all shows/anime all time right now. I have a friend who typically watches only anime and Breaking Bad managed to hook him. Been recommending it to everyone I know.

heliosj
06-16-2010, 08:57 AM
PS: when you think of it, I feel bad for Jane's dad, the 11 yr-old kid, his sister (the recovering junkie)...Correct me if I'm wrong, he's dead -- right?

MrScientist
06-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, he's dead -- right?

Jane's dad? Walt hears on the radio that he was rushed to the hospital with a self inflicted gunshot wound, but a definitive answer is never given.

heliosj
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I thought so.

This series has so many layers they could really go on indefinitely. When I watched the first couple of episodes, I was fairly certain it'd be a single season thriller. So much for that.. :)

b_illin
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, he's dead -- right?

Jane's dad? I think so, yes.

MrScientist
06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
FWIW, Gale is dead, straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-three

heliosj
07-08-2010, 11:48 AM
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2010/07/emmy-nominations.php

Looks like Breaking Bad receieved 7 Emmy nominations -- well deserved. Bryan Cranston is just an amazing actor. Loved him in Seinfeld, loved him in Malcolm, and now BB is his best yet.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-15-2010, 11:33 PM
this show is fucking sick ! Just started season 2. Holla.

ih8music
08-17-2010, 04:41 PM
this show is fucking sick ! Just started season 2. Holla.
Awesome, it only gets better. :D

But I was just reading online that season 4 isn't due out until JULY of next year??? wtf?

http://www.screenjunkies.com/tvnews/breaking-bad-wont-return-until-july-2011

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Awesome, it only gets better. :D

But I was just reading online that season 4 isn't due out until JULY of next year??? wtf?

http://www.screenjunkies.com/tvnews/breaking-bad-wont-return-until-july-2011

Kinda like Dexter ?

I think we need to make a must see tv thread. I would not have come across such awesome shows like this if not for the suggestions of friends and many of you guys here at HI. :beer:

pjm
09-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Just started watching this show earlier this month and i'm starting in on season 2 already. Awesome show!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Finally capped off season 3 tonight. BOOM! What a finish! Do we really have to wait til July 2011 for season 4 to be up and running? :confused: fuck!

I also have heard whispers that Gilligan really set out for this to be a sort of 4 season series and call it quits. Leave the party too early rather than too late sort of philosophy. Leave us on a high note wanting more rather than dragging this on for years and years listening to ppl saying "boy this show sure USED to be good..." or "Jesus this thing is still on the air??" Think X-Files. . . what a slow and agonizing crawl to death that was.

Seriously though. Can't get enough right now. Season 3 was so awesome. One of the best season finales I have seen in a dramatic series in a long, long time.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-23-2010, 03:25 AM
The fact that he chose the name "Heisenberg" is fantastic.

Seriously. Hysterical. And oh so appropriate! I was searching this thread to see if there was any mention or discussion of his rather unique choice of a street name.

Interesting tid bit I ran across. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle is a landmark of quantum physics. Basically it states that the position or location of a particle can never be absolutely determined no matter how carefully or accurately it is calculated. Sort of sums up Walt's life in a nut shell as it seems no matter how meticulous and careful minded his actions are he can never be absolutely sure of the consequences or outcome. There was also some cartoon made of Heisenberg and his princple of uncertainty waaaay back when and in it he is wearing a hat that resembles the one Walt wears in the show. :lol:

I also think that Heisenberg died of cancer of some sort. Liver or kidneys or something like that. Anyway, love the clever thought process that goes into writing like this. Absolutely love it.

ih8music
09-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Sponge, you're making me jealous. I want more "new" BB episodes to get that same giddy post-show/post-season reaction. At least we have Dexter starting up on Sunday.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Sponge, you're making me jealous. I want more "new" BB episodes to get that same giddy post-show/post-season reaction. At least we have Dexter starting up on Sunday.

Sometimes it pays to be a busy bee. Got my dvr set for Dex but I haven't even watched season 4 of Dexter yet.. :eek: and I'm barely on season 3 of Six Feet Under. :lol:

Better stay clear of the Dex thread til I catch up... even though my idiot friend dropped a couple of spoilers at me already. That's the one downfall of being behind the crowd.

pjm
09-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Made it to the end of season 3 tonight - holy shit! Now we've gotta wait till next summer for more Breaking Bad???

Sheesh that was a dramatic ending... my heart was pumping for sure

ih8music
04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
If anyone wants to get into Breaking Bad, now's your chance. AMC is re-airing the entire series, from the beginning, starting tonight @ 12:30a.

ih8music
05-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Very long interview with Vince Gilligan, mostly about Breaking Bad & how it all got started. Haven't gotten through the whole thing yet, but pretty interesting stuff for BB fanatics.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/breaking-bad-vince-galligan-hints-to.html

b_illin
07-11-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/breaking-bad-extended-season-4-trailer

MrScientist
07-11-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/breaking-bad-extended-season-4-trailer

Not gonna lie, as cheesy as it sounds, that got me fired the hell up

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Season 4 started ?

Dexter
07-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Season 4 started ?

Yup, last night.

ih8music
07-19-2011, 12:20 AM
...and did not disappoint. No doubt in my mind that this is the best show on tv right now.

Edit:Gus is a badass. That was an intense scene... of course, somewhat ruined by AMC's "the following segment contains graphic violence" warning. Do BB watchers need to be warned about that kind of stuff?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Sweeet! Haven't seen the season premiere yet just saw somebody FB about it. Hella stoked now!

fancy19
07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
I just started season 1 and have watched 3 episodes, so excited I have so much more to watch

heliosj
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
...and did not disappoint. No doubt in my mind that this is the best show on tv right now.

Edit:Gus is a badass. That was an intense scene... of course, somewhat ruined by AMC's "the following segment contains graphic violence" warning. Do BB watchers need to be warned about that kind of stuff?It was awesome, as always. :) Glad it's back..

I didn't watch it on AMC, so thankfully I wasn't subjected to such a silly warning.

MrScientist
07-20-2011, 04:25 PM
It was awesome, as always. :) Glad it's back..

I didn't watch it on AMC, so thankfully I wasn't subjected to such a silly warning.

I actually didn't read anything into the warning, I assumed it was just something the network stuck on after Tortuga's head explosion.

Jesse is ready to Break Bad. He never could get past killing someone, but I couldn't get over how 'ok' he was at Denny's.

I didn't notice this in the scene, but when Gus grabs Victor, did Mike draw his gun? I read that online...if so, I can definitely foresee Mike being scared over to Walt and Jesse's side.

heliosj
07-31-2011, 08:17 PM
It's Sunday night.. best night of the week!

ih8music
08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
It's Sunday night.. best night of the week!
True, but then again any night I watch a BrBa episode is the best night of the week. ;)

BTW, check this out if you're all caught up (S4E4). Just awesome stuff for the obsessed:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/gale-boetticher-case-file

ih8music
09-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Damn, third time I've watched this week's episode... just spectacular!

I love how they essentially gave us an entire episode on Gustavo. The background story between him and Hector totally sucked me in.

HT9
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
That was one of the best episodes of any TV show that I have witnessed.

boredguy
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Felt that the season started a little slow, just wasn't that interesting but it's definitely back to it's previous level now.

ih8music
09-16-2011, 05:55 PM
all I'm sayin' is I have no friggin' clue where this Jesse - Walt thing is going...

also - the writers must really want us to hate Walt this season. pretty much every move he's made has been the wrong one -- started with trying to get Mike to allow him to kill Gus, all the way up to and including putting the bug on Jesse and admitting to it.

did anyone watch the previews for this week?

Sky giving Ted the money is just bad news all around. And it doesn't even sound like it'll be enough after taxes... yes taxes -- the thing that got him in trouble in the first place!

What's Walt going to do when he finds out? Get Ted killed?

heliosj
09-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I have no idea, but I can't wait to find out! ;)

heliosj
09-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Holy shit!

Raja
09-19-2011, 09:07 AM
can we merge this with the other tv topic so it's just Breaking bad and bad tv? nothing fucking compares.

ih8music
09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
can we merge this with the other tv topic so it's just Breaking bad and bad tv? nothing fucking compares.
Ain't that the truth. I'm constantly blown away by the acting in this show - Gus, Jesse, Mike, Walt.... hell, even Walt Jr. held his own in his scenes. The only thing more amazing than the acting is the writing.

random thoughts about the episode:

Jesse totally proved his worth to Gus/Mike. Assuming they live, he's going to be moving up the ladder big time.
speaking of which, wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity for Jesse to get out of the biz? He could easily allow both Mike & Gus to die down there in Mexico... and with the cartel out of the way (for now, at least) he & Walt might make a clean getaway.
So Walt did get some sense knocked into him. Good. Will be interesting to see how he tries to reconcile things with Jesse (& if Jesse wants anything to do with him)
Walt mistakenly calling Walt Jr. "Jesse" just shows how he thinks of him as a son.
WTF is Skylar thinking telling Ted about the money???

Raja
09-25-2011, 11:20 PM
um.

Dexter
09-26-2011, 06:10 AM
epic.

ih8music
09-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Beyond awesome. The hysterical laughing just made that final scene.
and Ted's demise was straight out of Fargo. :lol:

Can't wait to see how Walt gets out of this mess (& how many more deaths his imprudent actions will cause).

So psyched for these next 2 episodes... and I have no friggin' clue how they're getting another season out of this!

MrScientist
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Beyond awesome. The hysterical laughing just made that final scene.
and Ted's demise was straight out of Fargo. :lol:

Can't wait to see how Walt gets out of this mess (& how many more deaths his imprudent actions will cause).

So psyched for these next 2 episodes... and I have no friggin' clue how they're getting another season out of this!

I didn't realize Ted died at first. I realize it was implied, but when his hand twitched I thought he just broke his neck or something.

I think Walt will use the money he has to disappear Walter Jr, Skyler, and Holly. He's gonna go for Gus since he's pretty much dead anyway...it'll be interesting to see. I could see Gus ordering Jesse to kill him, and Jesse killing Gus then.

heliosj
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Premiering this month on The Food Network..

http://i.imgur.com/7XSdp.jpg

ih8music
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I didn't realize Ted died at first. I realize it was implied, but when his hand twitched I thought he just broke his neck or something.

I think Walt will use the money he has to disappear Walter Jr, Skyler, and Holly. He's gonna go for Gus since he's pretty much dead anyway...it'll be interesting to see. I could see Gus ordering Jesse to kill him, and Jesse killing Gus then.

I interpreted the following scene at Saul's where they talked about it as an act of God as meaning he's dead. I doubt they'd take him to the ER, anyway.

re: Jesse killing Gus... Jesse's only remaining loyalty is to Mike now, you could see it during the initial scene. So assuming he survives, I think "Grandpa" Mike's reaction to Gus ordering the hit on Walt's family will really test Mike's loyalty to Gus. He could be the one to flip on him, also.

But yeah, no way Jesse would be ok with Gus taking all of them out, either.

ih8music
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Saw this posted on another board and I think it's pretty accurate:

Okay, so I've seen a bit of confusion about how Walt has no money left, and as someone who realized that Walt must have been low on cash as soon as Skylar gave the money to Ted, I wanna go over this a bit.

Using this [1] TIMELINE, which covers the first 3 seasons, we can get a basic idea of how much time has past.

The show premiered January 20th, 2008. Let's assume that this is actually the date of Walt's birthday. This can also be corroborated by conversation Walt has with Jane's dad, who mentions that they found water on [2] Mars. Notice the date. Exactly 5 months after the start of the show, and corroborates almost perfectly with the timelines mention of Jane's death being 19 weeks and 6 days after the started.

So, first, Walt's earnings. All of these numbers have taken into account the split with Jesse, and deductions specifically mentioned by Saul.

EDIT: A few new numbers have come up and I've edited accordingly, will adjust further if anything else is brought to light.

EARNINGS
Walt made about 75k dollars with Tuco.
Walt's next big score was 480k dollars from the 38lbs he made in "4 days out"
Walt is then hired 26 weeks after the start of the show. He works about 1 month, making 500k dollars.
29 1/2 weeks, Gus offers the 15 million dollars for a year. Walt has gotten a raise.
Season 3 ends at 31 weeks. Two weeks have past since Walt's raised, and he's earned another 272k at his new salary.
Season 4. This is where the timeline gets a little trickier. In Episode 7, we see Walter bring 272k dollars into the car wash, as well as hearing Jesse mention that "A few weeks back" he shot a dog.
With the timeline and progression of Season 4 so far, I think the safest bet we can make in the number of payments Walt has received without overshooting is 3. One seen, 2 unseen (possibly 1 unseen). So, assuming 2 unseen payments, that's an additonal 550k dollars
Total earnings are about 2.150 million

Next, let's look at the money we know Walt has spent, to the best of our knowledge.

EXPENDITURES
800k dollars for the carwash
620k dollars to Beneke
Walt's Medical bills according to Skylar, minus his surgery, were all paid up. 100k for medical treatment, 200k for the surgery. Medical bills for Walter so far, 300k TOTAL
Hank's Medical bills can only be guessed at, but let's say roughly 100k dollars
50k for the Challenger debacle.
Cost of living for a family of 4 over roughly 7 months, 50k dollars
80k dollars to send a fake Heisenberg to prison (thanks to DrSchadenfreude for pointing that out)
Juniors PT, and some random Saul expenditures, at most, equal 25k dollars
Total expenditures are about 2.025 million

TOTAL EARNINGS - 2.150 million
TOTAL EXPENDITURES - 2.025 million

Which leaves Walt with roughly 125k dollars. Again, these are ballpark figures, but tell me what you think, if I'm forgetting anything, if my estimations are faulty, etc.
I'm guessing at some point in episode 12 we'll learn exactly how much money Walt has left (I have a feeling he's going to be sending his family away and staying behind).

Dexter
09-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Saw this posted on another board and I think it's pretty accurate:

Last episode, Walt said that he's been caught up in this entire drug thing for about a year. So from the beginning of season 1 until now, it's likely that only a year has passed.

Earlier this season, Walt brought in a touch over $700k to the car wash for Skyler to deal with. I'm pretty sure that it was this money they hid in the crawl space. Subtract the $600+k for Beneke, and Walt is running a little short on funds.

MrScientist
10-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Gus is out of his fucking mind. And also done messing around.

mrtybrodur30
10-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Next sunday cant come soon enough, at the same time im dreading it, having to wait until next season to begin is not going to be fun!

ih8music
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Next sunday cant come soon enough, at the same time im dreading it, having to wait until next season to begin is not going to be fun!
No kidding. This was yet another one of those "Wait - it can't be over already!" episodes. I'm afraid the finale next week will be exactly like that.

So who poisoned Brock? Gus? Walt (via Saul)? or was it just an extremely coincidental accident?

I think Walt did it with Saul's help. Huell's pat down at Saul's office*** got the cig from Jesse and Walt (or one of Saul's men) poisoned Brock with the ricin (or possibly something less lethal that would just make it appear to Jesse that it was the ricin). Walt needs Jesse on his side if there's any chance of him getting close enough to kill Gus & the only way to do it is to make Jesse hate Gus more than Walt.

***edit: check this out. If he didn't grab it there, they certainly want to plant the seed that he might have.

http://i.minus.com/i5y1dfi1EZDjK.gif

If you watch the Inside BB for this episode...

...it seems pretty clear that it wasn't Gus.
http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/inside-breaking-bad-episode-412-end-times

it also explains how/why Gus was able to sense something being off in the parking garage and spoiling Walt's plans.

Raja
10-10-2011, 12:26 AM
what the FUCK is next season going to even be about

ih8music
10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah, no kidding.

I'm guessing next season will revolve around Hank & the DEA closing in on Walt via Gus, as Jesse learns that Walt was responsible for poisoning the kid.

Mike is still alive, too... curious what's going to happen w/ him & who will he be loyal to?

And even though I know it was necessary - no more Gus makes me sad. :(

heliosj
10-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow.

First of all, Gus straightening his tie with his head half blown off was fucking classic.

I almost wonder if they finished filming that episode before they settled on there being a 5th season. So that if a 5th season didn't happen, they could have ended it without a lot of crazy loose ends.

There are lots of possibilities for next season -- can't wait. :)

pjm
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh my god that was one of the best episodes of any TV series ever. Fucking classic.

Jake
10-11-2011, 01:21 AM
It seemed more like a series finale instead of just a season finale.

canuckthug
10-14-2011, 03:01 PM
what the FUCK is next season going to even be about

Just speculating:

Well, a few episodes will definitely be dedicated to Hank finding out his brother-n-Law, aka Walter White is Heisenberg??! After that, they could show Walt doing hard time... or who the fuck knows how that whole situation unfolds..!?

‘Breaking Bad’ will stay on AMC for fifth and final season. The network has announced an extended 16-episode season 5 order
http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-season-5-final-season-mcrid-128095/

Felt that the season started a little slow, just wasn't that interesting but it's definitely back to it's previous level now.

I agree. Just finished season 4... holy shit, i didnt know DC villain Two-Face was gonna make a cameo! and speaking of DC villains, that laugh was straight out of Joker's arsenal. Well Done!! :beer:

b_illin
10-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow!! :)

habsfan1
12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Just finished season 4 last night. For all those who have not watched this show, go find it somewhere and start watching it, this show is amazing.

On another note what is with season 4's being great? The wire's season 4 was it's best, Dexter's season 4 had John Lithgow and was also fantastic and now Breaking Bad.

ih8music
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
FYI... some pretty awesome stuff for BrBa fanatics

http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad/comments/oaz0w/i_am_actor_giancarlo_esposito_and_i_play_gus_on/

ih8music
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
This is hilarious!

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg

(contains spoilers)

Raja
01-31-2012, 09:15 PM
I get so antsy when I see posts in this topic.

ih8music
02-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Well, if you want actual news, there's this:

Gunn said production for the fifth season of "Breaking Bad" will start this month, with eight episodes slated to shoot. The highly anticipated final season will be broken into two shortened mini-seasons. The last batch of episodes will probably shoot in winter 2013, she said.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/01/anna-gunn-ready-to-start-production-on-breaking-bad-season-5.html

Haven't seen official word on when Season 5 is going to premiere, but if they start production in Feb then that should line them up for a late-summer/early-fall run like last year.

Absolutely intrigued where they're going to take the characters after what happened last season.

Raja
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
aw, the split up is confirmed? I'm sure it'll add to the intensity, but i don't want to wait that long damnit haha. filming in winter 2013 doesn't seem like the right date either, hopefully they mean late this year for filming for a 2013 march final season premiere.

ih8music
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Sounds like Christmas is coming early this year... Aaron Paul tweets that BrBa-S5 will debut this July! (http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/19/10759024-breaking-bad-to-make-scream-worthy-return-in-july) :D

Jake
06-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Dish is dropping AMC. No more Walking Dead or Breaking Bad for Dish subscribers like myself :mad:

ih8music
06-11-2012, 11:31 AM
That would be a really stupid thing for them to do; probably just posturing re: rates. But if it's true, it's time to drop Dish!

Speaking of Breaking Bad, staring today AMC is replaying the entire series, all episodes. They are at kind of weird times, so set your DVRs!

http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/Breaking%20Bad

ih8music
06-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Just finished catching up with seasons 1-4. Strangely enough, the S4 finale was worse the 2nd (ok, 8th if you count youtube watches :lol:) time around.

But what a fucking amazing series. Sadly, I fear that S5 can only go down from where they left off... but I hope to be wrong.

Raja
06-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I've got faith both seasons will be strong, but it's so fucking hard to write an ending that satisfies everyone I'm sure tons of people will be disappointed.

kidquiv77
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Only 4 more days til the final season Part 1 starts kicking ass!!

ih8music
07-12-2012, 08:48 PM
It's almost (well, yeah entirely) pathetic how much I'm looking forward to this season. Sunday cannot come soon enough.

habsfan1
07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
It's almost (well, yeah entirely) pathetic how much I'm looking forward to this season. Sunday cannot come soon enough.

Sitting right there with you, almost as pathetic as how much I look forward to my fantasy (NHL and NFL) drafts.

ih8music
07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Magnets, bitch!

Pretty great episode. Loved the cold open. I've read some people say that 52 must have a significance other than Walt's age, but I think it's got to be an indicator that the scene was from one year in the future (Walt is about to turn 51 this season). I wonder if we're going to get recurring opens from the future like this all season.

Love that Mike is playing a big role early this season... hope that continues. He knows that Walt is still in over his head, despite what his ego is telling him. I think he's just sticking around long enough to get Jesse to realize this. Also "Keys, scumbag. It's the universal symbol for keys." was classic Mike.

Hank going through the superlab's remains, focusing in on the surveillance cameras (because they didn't match w/ Gale's drawings, I suspect) was intense. I think the showdown between Hank and Walt might happen sooner rather than later. At least I think he's going to suspect things about Walt very, very soon.

And Ted's not dead! But he sure as shit is terrified of Skyler now. :lol: (I bet Walt's still going to kill him, though.)

Only part I thought was clumsy/unnecessary was how Saul/Walt connected the dots re: how Huel lifted the ricin cig off of Jesse and how Walt poisioned Brock. They had established that well enough with last season's closing shot... they've never really spoon-fed the audience plot lines like this before, I hope they don't think they need to do that now it's a more popular show.
Also - it occurred to me as I was watching it last night is that one of the things I appreciate most about this show is how there's no gap between seasons. We pick up right where we left off. So many shows (Dexter comes to the top of my mind) would benefit from this approach. Cliffhanger to end a season; immediate consequences & fallout to start the new one.

heliosj
07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
God dammit man, now I need to go back and watch it again. I clearly missed a couple of key things. :)

"Keys scumbag..." Was most certainly :lol: worthy.

canuckthug
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
What was written on the photo in the evidence room?

heliosj
07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Cayman Island account numbers.

ih8music
07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
What was written on the photo in the evidence room?

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w87/doolittle1918/gus3.jpg

canuckthug
07-19-2012, 01:00 AM
^
^
Thanks for clarifying.

Check this out:
http://teamcoco.com/content/what-does-bryan-cranston-think-of-conan-s-meth

ih8music
07-20-2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j4fkspoGKM&feature=player_embedded

Raja
07-30-2012, 12:02 AM
best episode of the season by far i think.

ih8music
07-30-2012, 02:06 AM
I thought last week's (Madrigal) was better, but I'm a sucker for finding out more and more about Gus' empire and all the related businesses.

but re: tonight's episode:

Was it just me, or did Brock and Walt exchange a cold stare after they were left alone? Looked like Brock gave him a "yeah I know to keep my mouth shut" thing. I've read others think it was the opposite -- just a completely blank stare, proving that there's nothing going on between them.

I dunno -- going to have to re-watch that scene again.

canuckthug
07-30-2012, 04:02 AM
I thought last week's (Madrigal) was better, but I'm a sucker for finding out more and more about Gus' empire and all the related businesses.

but re: tonight's episode:

Was it just me, or did Brock and Walt exchange a cold stare after they were left alone? Looked like Brock gave him a "yeah I know to keep my mouth shut" thing. I've read others think it was the opposite -- just a completely blank stare, proving that there's nothing going on between them.

I dunno -- going to have to re-watch that scene again.

I think the latest episode was better (agree with Raja). My favorite episodes are the ones that deal with cooking. The RV, the secret laundry cookout(s), the mexico stint, and now this one. The scenes dealing with Hank's investigation are top notch episodes as well. I dislike Skyler and find her scenes intrusive to my viewing pleasure. Saul Goodman is awsome and so is Mike and it looks like they will play heavy roles in Season 5. Is season 5 the last one ??
BTW, nice find with a young Pinkman on Price is Right on Leno. OUCH on the showcase showdown, so very close but yet so far.

I don't know about that stare. I think the awkward stare/commercial break made you think too much about that scene. lol. It seems pretty inconsequential to me plus Jesse said he called off the relationship at the end of the episode so i doubt anything extraordinary happens on that front (plus the kid is like 5 years old!!)
I think Walt and Jesse were better off selling the meth together (with the help of Jesse's friends). Adding Mike is complicating the business side of things.

Raja
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't think the stare was anything from Brock, just Walt. I don't care if the show goes into detail about how he actually got the poison to him either way, but it didn't seem like he knew he did it to me.

The 5th "season" is only going to be 8 episodes, and then a 6th season is going to be 8 next summer as well. so technically it can be 1 split up season or two, depending on how they end this one I guess. Either way we gotta wait a year to finish it. I'm not a fan of Skyler scenes either (just because what she does just isn't as interesting), but I think she serves her purpose and plays her role very well.

As for adding mike, it's kind of necessary. No way they make that much money in that little time selling in such a small area with small town guys. Mike knows how to get it done and without him they'd be pushing that one batch for who knows how long. Walt saying "I meant the money" at the end was so fuckin cold, dude is ridiculous.

ih8music
07-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah, technically the 5th and final season is 16 episodes, broken into two 8-episode segments. I think it's a play to get more Emmy awards for the cast, to be honest.

And yeah, watched it again and I may have been reading too much into Brock's reaction. Sure as hell struck me that way the first time, though...

I can totally see Skylar trying to kill herself very soon. Her life is an absolute mess and only getting worse.

Based on the previews, shit is going down next week! I heard ep 5 is the big one, though.

Jake
07-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I have been watching it at a friends because of shitty Dish.... I finally got around to calling them today and they are sending me a Roku, HDMI cable and giving me a 36 dollar credit. Was hoping for more, but its better than nothing. Jesse is getting easier to like as Walt continues to become easier to dislike. The "everybody dies in this movie" was a little foreshadowing.

ih8music
07-30-2012, 04:32 PM
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/breaking_bad_hair?god_dammit_marie

:lol:

ih8music
08-01-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y3IoBocVZ4

:wiggle:

heliosj
08-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Aww hell.

ih8music
08-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Woah. What an ending.

edit: I think Jesse now wishes he had worded things differently...

Jesse: "Boosting methylamine from a train is like a major rap. The point is, no-one other than us can ever know that this robbery went down. Nobody. You got it?"
Todd: "Yeah. Absolutely."
Walt: You sure?"
Todd: "Yes sir."

canuckthug
08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Woah. What an ending.

edit: I think Jesse now wishes he had worded things differently...

Jesse: "Boosting methylamine from a train is like a major rap. The point is, no-one other than us can ever know that this robbery went down. Nobody. You got it?"
Todd: "Yeah. Absolutely."
Walt: You sure?"
Todd: "Yes sir."

Agree'd, and another solid episode yesterday as well .

Wow, more body disposal using sulfuric acid. The team went over the line with that last homicide. It wasn't Walters fault but he is fucking crazy for sure. The way he was whistling while working, no remorse. "I was up all night thinking about it too, haven't slept in days." Sure he was. Hes loco, not Tucco crazy but but getting there. What an idiot for not taking the $5 million deal for the Methylamine. Such a well written/great show and this season is really delivering.

A tweet from Jesse Pinkman:
Two more episodes to go this season of #Breakingbad (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23Breakingbad&src=hash) and I am terrified for you all to see how it goes down. Get ready for the madness.

:yes:

Dexter
08-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Walt's whistling while he was cooking was absolutely bone-chilling, yet amazing.

ih8music
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
I enjoyed this episode a lot and I'm still enthralled by this season, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that the BrBa writers are trying to get on Mythbusters.

that scene with Walt using an electrical cord -- that he cut with his teeth -- as an arc welder was just crazy implausible. Not to mention that Mike should have had a decent pair of cuffs on him in the first place.

That aside, I really enjoyed it. Anna Gunn is killing it this season so far. Only 2 more shows until we have to wait another year to see how it all ends. :(

ih8music
08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Walt's whistling while he was cooking was absolutely bone-chilling, yet amazing.

apparently he was whistling "Lilly of the Valley" by Queen, which is absolutely hilarious and awesome and sounds like a Bryan Cranston ad-lib.

ih8music
08-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Even though I knew that was coming eventually, it was still tough to watch.

RIP Mike :(

"Shut the fuck up. Let me die in peace." what a way to go.

also - the behind the scenes video for this episode was really touching w/ Jonathan Banks & how much he loved this role
http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/contains-spoilers-making-of-episode-507-say-my-name-inside-breaking-bad

So do we think Jesse finds out? Walt needs to make Mike's body (and car) vanish... not sure if he's capable of doing all that by himself. He'll probably need Todd's help, but can he be trusted?

Seems like Jesse and Skyler are destined to team up against Walt at some point. They're both fully aware of what he's become and the danger he poses.

This last mini-finale episode is going to be tough to watch; you just know they're going to set up some big cliffhanger that we're going to have to wait another year to see the fallout.

ih8music
08-29-2012, 01:35 PM
https://twitter.com/KayleeEhrms :(

heliosj
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
https://twitter.com/KayleeEhrms :(A bit much, isn't it? :-P

ih8music
09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
So was that a perfect 8/8 half-season or what? I hate that we have to wait until summer to see how it's going to end in the final 8.

Raja
09-04-2012, 01:27 PM
i enjoyed it, but the pacing just seems off to me. especially with the huge jump in the last episode, how long will it take to get to the diner scene in the 1st s5 episode? so much ground has to be covered but there's so little time i think it'll still be a little messy.

heliosj
09-06-2012, 08:23 AM
i enjoyed it, but the pacing just seems off to me. especially with the huge jump in the last episode, how long will it take to get to the diner scene in the 1st s5 episode? so much ground has to be covered but there's so little time i think it'll still be a little messy.Well, you're assuming it will be the first scene. I can't recall, but I don't believe the plane crash was the first scene of the season when they did the cold opening with the teddy bear's eye..

Raja
09-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm not assuming it'll be the first scene. I'm saying it should be towards the end, there has to be another big time jump, which will be weird given the latest development. If that diner scene 9 months in the future from the finale that's a ridiculous amount of time to cover in less than 8 episodes without using another huge time jump montage, which is far less compelling than having seasons 3 and 4 take a total of a couple months or something.

ih8music
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Jumping ahead a few months in that last episode didn't bother me much. It helped establish that Walt got pretty much everything he wanted -- his own little meth empire and TONS of cash -- and yet he still hated his life.

I think the next 8 episodes will focus on him getting out of the empire business, and probably part of that will be in hiding thanks to Saul's "make you disappear" guy.

I'm just not sure how Hank will react to knowing that his brother-in-law was running the huge meth ring he's been chasing for a year or so. Part of me thinks he'll keep it quiet, but maybe he'll bring out the big guns on Walt.

Cranston said that he was told that the m80 in the opening scene for S5 was for "protecting someone close to him." Jesse? Skyler? His kids?

You just know that Todd dude is slime.

CayugaPosse
09-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Few things:

1 - Deffinitely don't think he's got that gun to protect Jesse, infact, it wouldn't surprise me if he's protecting himself/family from Jesse with it. Keep in mind through this season, there are still 2 MASSIVE shoes to drop in that relationship. At some point it's going to come out that Walt poisoned Brock, and at some point it's more than likely going to come out that he turned Jane onto her back and stood there watching her die and did nothing. They are already slowly drifting apart, but that's a relationship that is going to sever over the last 8 episodes IMO.

2 - No way Hank stays quiet. The only thing that has defined him is his dogged determination in these circumstances. Yes they had him look the other way on Walt smoking weed(he thought), but there is absolutely no way he's rolling over on this.

3 - I'm just going to go ahead and take a stab in the dark at what the m80 is about. I'm thinking it's there to protect himself or his family from the skinheads he hired to kill Mike's guys.

Also Raja - The presumed timelapse in this 2nd set of 8 is very easily done after he "makes himself dissapear" if they go down that road, because if he does that to escape Hank/whoever else, we don't need to live months of him trying to just be a normal dude and keep quiet in another city, we can timelapse at the point and say "8 months of him just being a dude later...blammo he's been found" and ramp it back up. Theoretically.

I can't wait for the 2nd 8, I think it's such an interesting tease to give us the end point and go Tarantino on a final season, and have us know where they're going, but make us wonder who and what makes his life change so radically.

Raja
09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah that seems just about the only way to do the time lapse but it still bugs me. at the very least you'd still want to see hanks progress in catching him over the time gap, it just seems like no matter what something is going to be missing. still have high hopes though.

Raja
08-12-2013, 06:14 PM
oh boy. things escalated quickly.

heliosj
08-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Indeed.

Tread lightly.

ih8music
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that last scene was great. I love how they didn't waste any time getting to the inevitable confrontation. I had expected Hank's pursuit of Walt to be the emphasis of this season, which it still might be, but the fact that he knows who Walt really is and Walt already knows that he knows is going to make for some awesome tension / scheming these next few weeks. I'm reluctant to make predictions for what will happen next (and I sure as hell am avoiding any leaked script details) because I want to be surprised by how it all ends.

As an aside, while part of me is glad that the show is finally getting the attention it's deserved since the beginning, I must admit that I'm turning into "that guy" re: newcomers to the show. Maybe I'm just jealous that they were able to watch it all over the course of a couple weeks while the rest of us have years invested in this show... but I guess we're all in the same boat now so it's all good. :D

ih8music
08-13-2013, 12:13 PM
just re-read this thread from the beginning (yes, I'm a pathetic BB addict)... boy were we off base with our expectations and predictions :lol:.

I don't think I'll ever live this one down, though...

I would put BB on par with Dexter. Obviously not as graphic or gory, but the storyline is interesting/unique and the acting & writing is about as good as it gets on TV.

I should be shot and dissolved in a vat of acid for equating those two...

heliosj
08-19-2013, 03:30 PM
So.. looks like Skyler is going to help protect Walt, eh? Pretty decent episode, it would have been hard to top the previous one.

Raja
08-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah, a little hard to follow up the premier. Next week should be interesting.

heliosj
08-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Well...

That's...

Yeah.

ih8music
08-26-2013, 02:49 AM
I expected Walt to pull that stuff out in a more direct manner with Hank, but that "confession" was priceless.

And Jesse, oh Jesse. Gotta say I'm rooting for him a bit now.

heliosj
09-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do with my life in 4 weeks..

phaneuf6
09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Something needs to happen... driving me crazy.

ih8music
09-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Any thoughts on what Jesse's plan will be to take Walt down?

heliosj
09-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Where he lives.. My first thought was his family, but I don't see how Hank would go for that..

ih8music
09-03-2013, 03:54 PM
"He is smarter than you. He is luckier than you." Whatever Jesse has in mind, he knows it's gotta be unconventional in order to trap Walt.

And I don't think Walt's job for Uncle Nazi is necessarily going to be to take out Jesse. Just seems too obvious.

CayugaPosse
09-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying "hit him where he lives" means family...a) it's been a long time since Walt's #1 concern was his family...b) what is the implication there? Jesse tells Walt Jr? That's about all he could do family related, anyone suggesting Jesse would hurt a member of Walt's family just hasn't watched the show this far, that's not Jesse.

Walt's #1 priority has, for a long time now, been his ego and his "empire". I don't know what his plan is, but I assume whatever it is, is what leads to Walt's identity becoming public knowledge(as we know it does based on the flash forward at the start of the premiere).

Raja
09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Walt is still very clearly has his family as a top priority. I would think the plan has to do with jesse getting lydia involved, but its really just a guess based on nothing other than the fact that shes still in the show.

CayugaPosse
09-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Walt's #1 priority is his family in the most asinine of ways...he'll hold his wife hostage basically to keep them together, lie to his son constantly or manipulate him using his cancer being back to keep him in line.

He earned enough money to do what he set out to do(provide for family) ages ago, and he kept on going regardless of who he was up against, how many times he put his family in danger etc, because he's driven entirely by his ego.

The whole TV series is about his ego...to the point where it's frequently been his biggest weakness(including confronting Hank in the garage in episode 1 this season, where he couldn't just leave it be, he had to confront him about the tracker). At every single turn they remind you of that...and being that Jesse in-arguably knows him better than anyone at this point...I'd be surprised if that's not his end game.

Yes Walt does still care about his family, but they're not his top priority. Not for a long time now.

heliosj
09-15-2013, 11:56 PM
This episode left me feeling sick.

phaneuf6
09-16-2013, 11:03 AM
This episode left me feeling sick.

Why?

ih8music
09-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah, that was about as bleak as this show has gotten. You know it's well-executed when you pretty much know what's going to happen and it still packs an emotional punch to the gut.

But there's certainly no hope for any sort of "happy" ending for Walt & his family -- just tragedy all around. I think that's why he ultimately gave Holly up -- she's the only one with a chance for a somewhat-decent life now, albeit she will be surrounded by some very damaged people.

Two episodes to go and not too many loose ends left. :(

ih8music
09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
and wow, what a great shot

http://i.imgur.com/bCfMpRL.jpg

heliosj
09-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Conan asked the other night why we put ourselves through this.. he compared it to watching a cockfight. :lol:

b_illin
09-20-2013, 10:58 AM

b_illin
09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
I really hope Skyler dies.

ih8music
09-20-2013, 12:07 PM
I heard they actually shot a scene of Walt-as-MiM's-Hal for the Blu-Ray package... since people have been making that joke almost since the show started. :)

Raja
09-20-2013, 07:31 PM
I really hope Skyler dies.

Why?

heliosj
09-23-2013, 07:57 AM
I think we know who the ricin is for..

Raja
09-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Can't believe it took til basically the last episode to make the jump in time, and i ain't even mad. :eek:

ih8music
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM
I wasn't a huge fan of Jesse Plemons when he joined the cast last season, but man the way he's played Todd has been great. That proud little smile he had when it was revealed that he killed the kid was probably the creepiest thing he's done (in a long list of creepy things).

And I must admit that I was completely shocked when he killed Andrea -- I thought he'd just kidnap her and use that to keep Jesse cooking. Brutal.

I think we know who the ricin is for..

I would assume Lydia, but I've been reading some people think it'll be the Elliot and Gretchen because they insulted Walt on TV. That seems way too petty and spiteful.

heliosj
09-23-2013, 06:59 PM
And in what ways has Walt not acted petty and spiteful? Did you miss the part where he told Jesse about Jane?

phaneuf6
09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I hope he uses it on Walt Jr. I fucking hate him.

Raja
09-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Satisfied with the ending.

heliosj
09-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Satisfied with the ending.I expected worse things to happen to everyone, but.. at the end of the show I was smiling. Nice job.

ih8music
09-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Ditto. Very satisfied with how they ended it. I was expecting it to be more bleak (when he showed up at the Schwartz' house I thought for a minute that he was going to take them out!). But I loved it.

phaneuf6
09-30-2013, 09:10 AM
I was left smiling as well, although a feeling of sadness came over me when Walt collapsed. The end of what was truly a quality series.

b_illin
09-30-2013, 12:57 PM
It was a bit underwhelming at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I like it. The episode seemed to fly by...I was shocked that it had been 75 mins when it ended. I'm glad they tied up the loose ends and I really liked the twist of leaving Elliot & wife to live so they can launder his money to Jr/Flynn. I am sad that Skyler (I hate her so much Raja) and her sister get to live, but they both played such a small role in the finale that I am ok with their getting to live.

I wonder where the nazis hid the money? I also wonder if the Saul Goodman series will be pre-Walt or if it will be him in his 'new' life.

phaneuf6
09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
I wonder where the nazis hid the money? I also wonder if the Saul Goodman series will be pre-Walt or if it will be him in his 'new' life.

I heard it's a prequel.