PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open...

mrtybrodur30
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
i know im in the minority here being a tennis fan here lol but anyone else like tennis and are watching?

still in the early rounds but already there have been some amazing matches so far!

alot on the line in this one for the men.
-It won't happen but Nadal has a chance to take the #1 ranking from Fed and be even at 2 Grand Slams with Fed for the calender year.
-Federer looked fine after the bad chicken scare and is going for yet another Grand Slam title. and he always puts on a show in melbourne like last year against roddick!
-Djokovic is right in the mix as well, along with a few others.

the women have 2 main contenders and atleast 6 others that have a great chance.
Henin
sharapova
williams sisters
jankovic
vaidisova
chakvetadze
and ofcourse the world #3 Ivanovic are all in the hunt

the first HUGE match will most likely be in Ivanovic's quarter when in the QF it will be her against Venus.

anyways its gonna be a late night for me tonight lol the night session starts at 12:30 am local time for me and my girl Ana is playing!! ;) also another big 2nd round match on after for the men with Safin and Baghdatis which should be a complete war!

nyrblue2
01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
I used to watch Wimbledon when I was on summer vacation, but I think work is going to get in the way of that from now on, lol.

Not really sure why I only watched that one. I never watch the other 3 majors.

mrtybrodur30
01-16-2008, 06:02 PM
I used to watch Wimbledon when I was on summer vacation, but I think work is going to get in the way of that from now on, lol.

Not really sure why I only watched that one. I never watch the other 3 majors.ah i see. wimbledon is cool, the australian open used to have this carpet like surface called rebound ace but now its more of a hard court and the us open are hard courts. the french open is the red clay which is always awesome to watch.

average points end on grass (fastest surface) and hard courts in like 3 seconds. average points on red clay last like over 11 seconds plus you can slide on the red clay and that can be a big weapon to players if they know how to do it very well.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't watch much, but I do bet on it... (go figure right?!?!) Most of the favorites are ridiculously favored so I tie them to the tail end of a parlay for easy added value.

I do watch Sharapova on occasion.

If you see any upsets in the making, feel free to post them either here or in KK's picks thread and I will look to play those picks.

mrtybrodur30
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't watch much, but I do bet on it... (go figure right?!?!) Most of the favorites are ridiculously favored so I tie them to the tail end of a parlay for easy added value.

I do watch Sharapova on occasion.

If you see any upsets in the making, feel free to post them either here or in KK's picks thread and I will look to play those picks.yeah you cant really bet on alot of favorites especially when sometimes you would have to throw down 10k just to win 100 dollars lol its never a for sure thing with tennis either as a top seeded player or anyone can retire from the match with injury. i have been doing awesome picking upsets so far, only thing is i havent been betting on most of them lol

eykwingnut
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
i used to watch more tennis when i was younger and didnt work full-time. now all i do is work and watch hockey on center ice. ive got 13 games backed up on my dvr right now.

mrtybrodur30
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
i need to catch up on sleep! the last 2 days the night session matches have been complete wars! this morning coverage began at 12:30am local time for me and didnt end till after 7am! thats the only bad thing about tennis the HUGE timezone differences!

anyways with the second week starting in a few days there are going to be ALOT of great matches on everyday.

two24four
01-19-2008, 02:02 AM
I dont watch alot of Tennis, but I saw the highlights tonight of Andy Roddick when he lost today, is he always a sore loser, or was that just a one time thing? man did he look like a little cry baby after his match, throwing his racket and yelling at the umpire and the fans.

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 03:05 AM
I dont watch alot of Tennis, but I saw the highlights tonight of Andy Roddick when he lost today, is he always a sore loser, or was that just a one time thing? man did he look like a little cry baby after his match, throwing his racket and yelling at the umpire and the fans.that match was a WAR he wasnt mad at anybody, just couldnt believe he lost. both guys deserved to win, they played at such an incredible pace for a full 5 sets with alot of tie-breaks in between. played till about 2am local melbourne time. the quality of ball striking throughout the match was crazy not many errors mostly winners. roddicks chances of winning another grand slam are narrowing, he has no chance on the clay but come wimbledon he is going to want it bad. if it wasnt for a slip up last year he was going to meet federer.

anyways great match on right now federer playing in the third set tied 1-1 against tipsarevic one of the many young serbian players up and coming but he is holding his own vs fed.

goleafsgoal
01-19-2008, 03:06 AM
i need to catch up on sleep! the last 2 days the night session matches have been complete wars! this morning coverage began at 12:30am local time for me and didnt end till after 7am! thats the only bad thing about tennis the HUGE timezone differences!

anyways with the second week starting in a few days there are going to be ALOT of great matches on everyday.

i actually like the timezone zone difference.im in the pacific so it gives a sports betting degenerate junkie like me action around the clock. i am a fan of the sport though and for a pick tonight i like baghdatis <-160> over hewitt... even though it is on hewitts home turf, it maybe his time to go.

another pick is for perhaps the next round. if jancovic gets there, she will surely lose to vaidisova/s. williams.

btw federer is on right now he actually dropped the 1st set but evened it now on serve in the 3rd. pls federer dont die.*edit sorry for being redundant didnt see tail end of previous post*

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
i actually like the timezone zone difference.im in the pacific so it gives a sports betting degenerate junkie like me action around the clock. i am a fan of the sport though and for a pick tonight i like baghdatis <-160> over hewitt... even though it is on hewitts home turf, it maybe his time to go.

another pick is for perhaps the next round. if jancovic gets there, she will surely lose to vaidisova/s. williams.

btw federer is on right now he actually dropped the 1st set but evened it now on serve in the 3rd. pls federer dont die.*edit sorry for being redundant didnt see tail end of previous post*lol yeah, anyways baghdatis is a great pick with good odds tonight against hewitt, shpould be a great match but if it goes long like i think it will i wonder how baghdatis will hold up after that 5 set match against safin.

i cant stand serena so classless when she loses, i hope nicole destroys her plus vaidisova is a nhl fan :D but Jankovic depending on how she comes out can still beat either one.

another good match coming up is a potential Ivanovic/Venus QF Ivanovic should be a slight underdog so good odds their. Winner of that match goes to the final.

goleafsgoal
01-19-2008, 03:24 AM
lol yeah, anyways baghdatis is a great pick with good odds tonight against hewitt, shpould be a great match but if it goes long like i think it will i wonder how baghdatis will hold up after that 5 set match against safin.

i cant stand serena so classless when she loses, i hope nicole destroys her plus vaidisova is a nhl fan :D but Jankovic depending on how she comes out can still beat either one.

another good match coming up is a potential Ivanovic/Venus QF Ivanovic should be a slight underdog so good odds their. Winner of that match goes to the final.

wtf federer just dropped the 3rd. i do like ur woman ana though against mirza or most likely venus, who has been struggling with her serve. i used to hate the williams sisters but i feel sorry for them after they started getting rigged by the officials( this tiebreaker miscount in wimbledon w\ venus +terrible call in usopen costing serena maybe championship)

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Yeah!! interview with Ana <3 :p after her match tonight, but sorry Ana i want fed to win not janko!!

yeah somehow Fed has been playing better tennis but not only has tipsarevic been staying in there he is beating Roger. lets hope Federer turns it on now in the 4th!! i think he will pull away i dont know how janko can keep this up.

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 03:31 AM
mirza has no chance at all vs venus unless venus retires with injury, sania's head is not even in there completely her country gives her so much shit about this and that dealing with her religion etc etc she is talking about quiting tennis because of it all. but i do hope she upsets venus. Venus has ended Ana's wimbledon and u.s. open last year!

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 03:42 AM
YES! Federer with the break, hold this time! his other 2 breaks janko has come and broke back.

goleafsgoal
01-19-2008, 04:03 AM
that 4th was more like federer. i know its rf but i dont wanna jinx anything and im leaving it @ that...

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 04:12 AM
down 2-1 in the fifth on his serve, who is janko right now? he is playing great. Roger really needs to turn it on here, his FH has not been the same tonight. that baghdatis/hewitt match isnt going to finish till 4am or soemthing lol

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 04:16 AM
say they start venus/mirza at 9pm that match will last atleast one hour maybe longer if mirza can put up a fight, ill say a 10:45 pm start time for hewitt/baghdatis that easily has the potential to go well over 3 hours lol

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 04:25 AM
doublepost

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2008, 04:26 AM
holy fuck Federer misses out on a double break chance but then comes right back and wins his serve at love with a ton of aces. janko is playing out of his mind right now! this has been a awesome match. 3-3 in the 5th right now

goleafsgoal
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
1 williams down , 1 to go. im betting on ana tomorrow.AJDE!

mrtybrodur30
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
yeah JJ played well today and is through. VERY happy about that io cant stand Serena. for tomorrow Ivanovic has basically called out Venus saying she is here to win and is going to get her revenge on her this time out, it should be a good match to see. Ivanovic needs to have a high % on her first serve if she does that her chances of winning are even better. I cannot wait for this one tomorrow night!! :D

Sharapova is a great play against Henin later tonight. Henin is def the favorite, but Sharapova is not only playing better tennis than her, Maria is playing the best tennis i have ever seen her play. if her serve is on like it has been i think she will be Very tough to beat, but Henin is like the womens Federer and still is the world #1. there last match was in Madrid at the YEC in november it lasted almost 4 hours and went 3 sets with Henin winning. should be a great macth it starts at 12:30 am pacific time.

King_Killah
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
1 williams down , 1 to go. im betting on ana tomorrow.AJDE!

Here's the matches I have:

3:00am EST
Henin @ 1.53
Sharapova @ 2.37

5:00am EST
Tsonga @ 2.62
Youzhny @ 1.44

7:00pm EST
Federer @ 1.04
Blake @ 9.00

Any shot at Blake winning??? Or do I add Federer to the back end of a parlay with something else??? How about Sharapova?? Or did she do too many camera commercials to really matter in tennis anymore. I know Henin is good. Never heard of the 5:00pm match guys.

goleafsgoal
01-22-2008, 12:47 AM
i do not think blake has what it takes to ever beat federer. although roger has appeared human at times this tourny, i personally could never see myself betting against the greatest ever unless its on clay vs nadal or if the odds for the particular challenger are too good to pass up. as for sharapova, henin is in form and the current world #1 for a reason. it is possible for maria to win, it will just take a lot. and in the tsonga youzhny match it really could go either way...the russian is favored but i see value in tsonga here. i also can easily see this match going 4 sets which is why im betting the over in game total[39.5 @ -130].

King_Killah
01-22-2008, 01:03 AM
i do not think blake has what it takes to ever beat federer. although roger has appeared human at times this tourny, i personally could never see myself betting against the greatest ever unless its on clay vs nadal or if the odds for the particular challenger are too good to pass up. as for sharapova, henin is in form and the current world #1 for a reason. it is possible for maria to win, it will just take a lot. and in the tsonga youzhny match it really could go either way...the russian is favored but i see value in tsonga here. i also can easily see this match going 4 sets which is why im betting the over in game total[39.5 @ -130].

Oh shit... I don't get totals...just winners. That's kinda cool though.

That's what I thought about Federer. I'll find a hoops game or something that I like a lot and just tack Federer on. I think I'll put a dollar on Henin. I really don't see Sharapova winning.

mrtybrodur30
01-22-2008, 01:32 AM
like i said earlier Henin is awesome, but Sharapova has been just dominant. the best she has ever played, she is holding serve with ease, and returning she is seeming to always find the 1st shot in the rally. i can see it going either way but Sharapova is a good play here especially cause she is the underdog and has been playing better anyway. but who knows justine could start playing her best tennis this match. but as for right now Maria has been playing alot better tennis, most writers have this match at 50/50.

Tsonga/Youzhny- youzhny is the favorite here but Tsonga has been playing incredible especially taking out his Gasquet. im hoping youzhny wins here so he can face Nadal in the SF. if Tsonga wins he will get owned by Nadal in the SF.

Federer/Blake- blake has been off and on, i mean he almost lost in straight sets to grosjean but he came back and his last match he was very good. i think Federer would have to play worse than he did vs Janko to lose and blake would have to play very well. but i think federer will take this. i think the first set could be close even going to a tie break but Federer will continue his very high level of play and blake will drop off

for the men the best match is going to be Djokovic/Ferrer this should be a WAR i really like both of these guys and i have no clue who will win. if the odds arent even djokovic will have a very slight edge.

mrtybrodur30
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM
well i watched it early this morning and Masha put on a show! 6-4, 6-0 she totally destroyed Henin the 6-4 1st set looks alot better than it was for Henin. Sharapova played exactly like i had said and now some of the announcers and writers are saying what i said about her and how she is playing the best tennis they have ever seen her play. very high 1st serve %, took very good care of her service game, put alot of pressure on Henin's service game and broke her multiple times. every long point in the match Maria totally controlled and won.

also Tsonga continued his strong play and beat youzhny in straight sets which i was very surprised to see. not that he won but that he won in straight sets 7-5, 6-0, 7-6(6) Tsonga has played well but is a better matchup for nadal than youzhny would have been.

goleafsgoal
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
yea youzhny should have atleast taken the 1st set to a tiebreaker after squandering an easy overhead at the net @ deuce at 5-6 in games. that plagued him that game and the next set..even so, tsonga outclassed the russian today and deserves to be where he is. i really do think he has a chance @ upsetting rafa as tsonga has been serving really well and not making as many errors as he has in the past. either way im still betting on ana on the women's side tonight, lets hope i dont jinx her like do with everyone else.:\

mrtybrodur30
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
here we go Ivanovic starts out on serve! :)

goleafsgoal
01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Game Set And Match.

mrtybrodur30
01-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Ajde!! oh god that victory was SWEET!!!!:D i bet she feels great getting revenge like she said she would for wimbledon and the u.s. open last year!! :p im so pumped right now!! that match was really closer than it should have been. next up Hantuchova. im def pulling for JJ to take out Sharapova though!! Ana could have played alot better but she got the job done hopefully she will get her !st serve % up but that ace to bring it to duece in the last game was amazing...

great matchup next djokovic and ferrer...love both of these guys but as of right now im liking ferrer.
blake has great odds tonight my bro put some money down on him but im going for Federer obviously.

goleafsgoal
01-23-2008, 12:11 AM
djokovic is about to take this match down. his game is more fit for the hardcourt. i need him to win too, i have him in a parle...
edit
why is ur buddy donating to the bookies?? always worth a shot i guess..

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2008, 12:37 AM
yeah djokovic is looking great i didnt bet on this match and i like both of these guys.

my brother just put 5 bucks on it and will get 50 back if he wins, if he loses its only 5 bucks, i told him to bet big on Maria yesterday and he did so he was happy about that. i havent been betting much in the later rounds, but in the first 3 rounds i did and won alot of upsets that i bet on.

goleafsgoal
01-23-2008, 01:00 AM
yeah djokovic is looking great i didnt bet on this match and i like both of these guys.

my brother just put 5 bucks on it and will get 50 back if he wins, if he loses its only 5 bucks, i told him to bet big on Maria yesterday and he did so he was happy about that. i havent been betting much in the later rounds, but in the first 3 rounds i did and won alot of upsets that i bet on.

vn. yea its way more ofa cflip these later rds. i will bet on ana again though. the line isnt up yet but im thinking the odds will be nice.

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2008, 01:17 AM
i dont think the odds for Ana will be that good as she will be the favorite for sure. anyways Ferrer is looking great now in the third set and djokovic is looking like hes about to retire he looks really winded and Ferrer looks fresh and is playing his best. if Ferrer can get it to a 4th set he can still win this thing.

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2008, 01:20 AM
ahh he had it 5-5 then he gets broken, well if anyone can break back its Ferrer, he needs to break again to save the match.

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2008, 01:28 AM
wow amazing finish to this match it was a good show in the 3rd set.

goleafsgoal
01-23-2008, 03:25 AM
ouch ivanovic @ -306. when i said nice i was hoping for like -200...i can understand the odds though as ivanovic really looks like she will be in the final.

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2008, 10:10 PM
oh wow Sharapova has continued her dominance and is leading Jankovic 5-0 1st set. the only player that has the weapons to beat Sharapova the way she is playing right now is Ivanovic she can match Sharapova. anyways Maria is looking scary good :eek:

King_Killah
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM
oh wow Sharapova has continued her dominance and is leading Jankovic 5-0 1st set. the only player that has the weapons to beat Sharapova the way she is playing right now is Ivanovic she can match Sharapova. anyways Maria is looking scary good :eek:

I actually have been watching and was going to lay $$$ on her tonight but went out and never got to drop the dough.

Doctego
01-23-2008, 11:58 PM

To be a true stalker, don't you have to know who she is playing??:D

gogoayane
01-24-2008, 12:12 AM

not looking good for ivanovic right now... 6-0 and now 2-1 vs hantuchova..

EDIT: Looks like she's back! Hantuchova's serves has been terrific

Doctego
01-24-2008, 01:39 AM
She better serve better against Sharapova. Your girl's 1st serve was shit. Her 2nd serve is nice, though.

goleafsgoal
01-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Ajde!

gogoayane
01-24-2008, 01:52 AM
sharapova vs ivanoic - this should be a great match

goleafsgoal
01-24-2008, 01:57 AM
that was a rigged match though with ivanovic. that call out then the over rule, then the break of serve.

mrtybrodur30
01-24-2008, 01:57 AM
finals here we come!! i was very nervous yesterday in the match against Venus :scared:, but i wasnt today even when Ana was down 6-0, and 2-0 in the second set. i knew Ana would get the job done ;) it was a very nice win. i really like Hantuchova and have seen her play and met her a few times but she does choke alot vs top 10 players. Ana's serve % hurt her badly in the 1st set but was good in 2 and 3. she has to maintain atleast 65% to beat Sharapova. Sharapova was awesome at the start of her match today but even an injured JJ made her look shaky at times.
Ana is going to her second GS final and she has learned alot since her first final last June against Henin. it will be an interesting final and i cant wait for it. Maria has been playing awesome but she hasnt faced a player that can hit the ball deep with constant pace like Ana can. i think this new court surface helps both of there games, hopefully the roof will be open on saturday since i think that favors Ana.

mrtybrodur30
01-24-2008, 02:00 AM
To be a true stalker, don't you have to know who she is playing??:D?? i know what the matches were.

Doctego
01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
?? i know what the matches were.

Was I watching a serious delay then??

Am I missing something?? Your girl was playing Hantuchova.

Snipes16
01-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Anybody else catch Jo-Wilfried Tsonga kick the crap out of Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2 at 3 in the morning? Talk about a beatdown, Tsonga had 49 winners to Raffy's 11 and out aced him 16-3.

This kid Tsonga probably wont beat Roger in the Finale but he'll give him a better match than Nadal would have after what I saw.

mrtybrodur30
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Was I watching a serious delay then??

Am I missing something?? Your girl was playing Hantuchova. all i was saying was out of the 4 left the only player that has the weapons to beat Maria was Ana. i knew Ivanovic was playing Hantuchova. and i knew she would beat Hantuchova.

mrtybrodur30
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Anybody else catch Jo-Wilfried Tsonga kick the crap out of Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2 at 3 in the morning? Talk about a beatdown, Tsonga had 49 winners to Raffy's 11 and out aced him 16-3.

This kid Tsonga probably wont beat Roger in the Finale but he'll give him a better match than Nadal would have after what I saw.yeah it was a awesome match for Tsonga but someone finally tested Nadal on this hard-court which he is not good at. Nadal played good but he didnt play his best, this is Nadal's best showing at a hardcourt GS. Nadal is happy the clay season is around the corner though cause there he is the man.

it's not for sure Federer is in the final though, i want him to be and i want him to win another GS title but Djokovic is sick and has beat Federer before, last year at a master's series final. but if Federer gets through he will face another out of nowhere opponent like the last few years in the AO final.

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2008, 06:30 AM
wow Federer just lost to Djokovic in straight sets. Djokovic played very well in this match. he had a high 1st serve %, won alot of big points. Federer was not himself he was showing how he can play at different parts of the third set, but he didnt look that good out there most of the time, his three main weapons were way off his serving, movement and his forehand groundstroke. he was not moving like he usually does at all, whcih made it tough for him to pass, he missed countless forehands when he would set up the point exactly how he wanted but then miss his forehand groundstroke and finished the match with a forehand unforced error. im not worried about Federer staying on the top, he looked different this GS and i think it was due to him not having a warm-up tournament like he usually does due to his food poisening ordeal. next time they meet on hardcourt i dont see Federer losing to him again.

for the mens final i actually give a VERY slight edge to Tsonga, based on what they have looked like so far. Djokovic will be the favorite for sure, but Nadal played pretty good and Tsonga still destroyed Rafa. so like i said very slight edge to Tsonga especially if it goes more that 3 sets since the last 2 matches Djokovic has been gasping for air even at the start of the 2nd set against Federer. If djokovic can serve his near 70% 1st serve % it will make it tough for Tsonga though.

and ofcourse i think Ana for tomorrow!! :)

Doctego
01-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Is it going to be possible to watch this final with your pants on?? I know that I can't.

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Here we go, the final is about to start. Hopefully the roof will be open!! that will benefit Ana. Both players have killer instincts and will be fighting for every point out there. One huge advantage Ivanovic will have will be he crowd. Hopefully this will help her, they will be heavily in her favor and will be going nuts every point she win's even on Sharapova UE's. Come on ANA!!

King_Killah
01-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Maria, Maria.......................

Doctego
01-25-2008, 11:16 PM
I definitely have to squeegee my TV.

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
damn :cry: sucks to see her lose like that. Maria played very well all throughout the tournament and took very good care of her serve. Ana played Maria tough though! and had her chances especially at 4-5, 0-30 in the 1st set!! she had many chances but too many UE's especially on her forehand. she missed alot of crucial points on FH errors which was tough to come back from.

with that being said Ana played 100 times better than she did in her first Grand Slam Final last June at the French Open. She will learn even more from this and comeback better than ever and she had already moved up to #2 in the World even before this Final started.

Good luck in Doha Ana!!

vinzanity
01-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I gotta give Ana a lot of credit. That first set was unbelievable. She was able to match Maria's intensity and made some good baseline shots that would have Maria running from side to side. Ana definitely put up a heck of a fight, however, she just ran out of steam as Maria stepped up her game in the second set. I love Ivanovic, but this was her first appearance in the finals at a grand slam tournament. Maria had the edge in experience, as she had made the finals in last year's event, despite the fact that both of them are only 20 years old. Really happy for Maria, a great start to the tennis season, and hopefully there will be many more grand slam titles to come this year. Maria! Maria!

mrtybrodur30
01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
but this was her first appearance in the finals at a grand slam tournament.:rolleyes: this was her first?? Ana destroyed Maria in the Semi-Final at last year's French Open to go to her first GS Final, this was her second. she had been saying when she gets to her next grand slam final the nerves and everything else wouldnt be there like it was at the French Open last year against Henin. and she was right she didnt have any of that out there in this Final she just couldnt find her FH she wasnt swinging through it consistently thats why she lost. Sharapova played well but she was very beatable yesterday, her serve was the biggest key for her over the course of the tournament she had a high 1st serve %. she played well especially the match against Henin.

Dubz
01-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Is Sharapova ranked #1 or is she just the hottest tennis player?:lol:

mrtybrodur30
01-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Is Sharapova ranked #1 or is she just the hottest tennis player?:lol:neither

mrtybrodur30
01-27-2008, 02:45 PM
awesome match early this mornig for the men's final. Tsonga played great and took the first set he continued his strong play but was losing his legs after awhile Djokovic won huge points on his serve when he needed them. Djokovic and his box were getting pissed about everyone going for Tsonga lol but Tsonga was just giving everything he had and even had a few set points on return in the 4th but ended up going to a 4th set tie-break which he lost. sucks Jo couldnt win cause he played some amazing tennis the last two weeks. cool that Djokovic one though too.

dw13
01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Figured you had a thread like this mrty... you ready for Tennis season again? I know I am pumped

mrtybrodur30
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Yup its back. Still holding out hope Ivanovic can get her game back. She started playing some really good Tennis earlier this week and had her forehand going great but that serve/ball toss is still hard to watch if she can only get that serve back she will be able to go deep into tournaments again. She got to the semi only to face Henin so yeah that didnt go over well lol. But looking forward to watching the AO later this month when I can.

dw13
01-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Yup its back. Still holding out hope Ivanovic can get her game back. She started playing some really good Tennis earlier this week and had her forehand going great but that serve/ball toss is still hard to watch if she can only get that serve back she will be able to go deep into tournaments again. She got to the semi only to face Henin so yeah that didnt go over well lol. But looking forward to watching the AO later this month when I can.

You know me, for the ladies I'll be pulling for Ivanovic and guys, of course my dude Jo-Willy Tsonga. I'm ready to for it man

CayugaPosse
01-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm looking forward to the tennis season too.

I've got a job working for Tennis Canada, a group of us from my school are hosting and running and producing our own show for Top Spin radio, that's simulcast on the web. We've got two on air people, tech guys and producers, and we're in charge of all our own content.

It's a huge internship, every Monday all tennis...can't wait for it to start.

We start same week as the Australian Open. And over the summer we'll be live, hosting the Rogers Cup, interviewing players, calling matches and everything. Gonna be a blast.

dw13
01-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm looking forward to the tennis season too.

I've got a job working for Tennis Canada, a group of us from my school are hosting and running and producing our own show for Top Spin radio, that's simulcast on the web. We've got two on air people, tech guys and producers, and we're in charge of all our own content.

It's a huge internship, every Monday all tennis...can't wait for it to start.

We start same week as the Australian Open. And over the summer we'll be live, hosting the Rogers Cup, interviewing players, calling matches and everything. Gonna be a blast.

Sounds dynamite.

mrtybrodur30
01-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Sounds dynamite.Yeah it seriously does. Enjoy it!

pjm
01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
My predictions:

Aussie Open: Murray
French Open: Nadal will come back real strong for this one
Wimbledon: Fed!
US Open: Fed!

dw13
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
My predictions:

Aussie Open: Murray
French Open: Nadal will come back real strong for this one
Wimbledon: Fed!
US Open: Fed!

Aussie: Djokovic (hoping it'll be Jo Willy)
French Open: Nadal
Wimbledon: Fed
US Open: Roddick

Decided to go out on a limb.

Glad to have some tennis fans!

pjm
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Tennis is my second fav sport to hockey. Excited to get the season back underway! Waiting for April/May to roll through so this city thaws out and I can get back out on the courts :)

dw13
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Tennis is my second fav sport to hockey. Excited to get the season back underway! Waiting for April/May to roll through so this city thaws out and I can get back out on the courts :)

It's one of my favorites as well. I love playing.

CayugaPosse
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Damn, the media and communications director for Tennis Canada just called us up to tell us our show's been delayed a week because some of the equipment is going to be late getting to the Rexall Center.

So now we don't get to do a show during the Australian Open, our first show is going to wind up being a wrapup of the tourney. :/

dw13
01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Sunday at 7, on ESPN!!! Hopefully I'll be up for it after the Jets game :)

mrtybrodur30
01-15-2010, 01:43 AM
A potential match between Dementieva and Henin could be in the 2nd round! That should be good. Ivanovic has a tough draw with probably having to face Zvonareva 3rd round then Azarenka 4th round. Cant expect much from Ana at this point though I just hope she can win atleast her first two matches and hopefully look good doing it. I hope her ball toss problems will someday get fixed :\

mrtybrodur30
01-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Awesome win today for Kirilenko over Sharapova. Almost 3 and a half hours! Nice to see her battle back when down 2-4 in the 1st set tie-break and battling through some rough service games but she played pretty well throughout. Met her almost 3 years and and have been a big fan since, hopefully she can continue the succes into the next round.

dw13
01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Awesome win today for Kirilenko over Sharapova. Almost 3 and a half hours! Nice to see her battle back when down 2-4 in the 1st set tie-break and battling through some rough service games but she played pretty well throughout. Met her almost 3 years and and have been a big fan since, hopefully she can continue the succes into the next round.

Very cool that you know her. First big upset!

Looking forward to Oudin tomorrow!

MrScientist
01-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Anyone catch the Serena interview? She wouldn't have been fined $92,000 if she were a man. God, shes comes off as a giant spoiled cunt.

mrtybrodur30
01-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Anyone catch the Serena interview? She wouldn't have been fined $92,000 if she were a man. God, shes comes off as a giant spoiled cunt.She is always talking shit like that the best is when she losses in tournaments its always her fault that she lost and gives no credit to her opponent. It was awesome seeing Clijsters dominate her. She's still a great player and im surprised she has kept winning slams with the new schedule these days but yeah her antics are bullshit and I cant see how people actually want her to win when she acts like that.

dw13
01-18-2010, 05:01 PM
She is always talking shit like that the best is when she losses in tournaments its always her fault that she lost and gives no credit to her opponent. It was awesome seeing Clijsters dominate her. She's still a great player and im surprised she has kept winning slams with the new schedule these days but yeah her antics are bullshit and I cant see how people actually want her to win when she acts like that.

Serena is my most hated player, on both tours.

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Ivanovic atleast got through yesterday without much incident. Her ball toss was still bad though. If she could only get her serve back she would be a top 10 player playing at 50%. The serve is just not an asset for her anymore. A ton less free points these days. Tonight first on in the evening is Dementieva and Henin. Sucks one will be leaving so early but this should be a great match.

For the men the Youzhny and Gasquet match was awesome. Youzhny down 2 sets then wins the third in a breaker. But gets down in the 4th and starts cramping. Somehow he found a way to get it to the tie-break to force the 5th set. Youzhny came out slow in the fifth but again came back and took the last 4 games to close it out 6-4.

dw13
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I had a feeling Soderling was going to go home early... but not this early. Pretty big surprise. Andreev started so well against Federer! Good match there. The Youzhny match was very good too.

Tsonga took care of business very quickly

dw13
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm ready for Henin/Dementiva tonight!!

two24four
01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Iam not really into Tennis, but I did find myself watching the Federer match last night.

pjm
01-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Iam not really into Tennis, but I did find myself watching the Federer match last night.

Yeah, for me it was last night's Flames game (:() or watch Federer take care of business. I chose Federer.

Loving watching all this tennis, really getting me in the mood for this summer. I love this sport

mrtybrodur30
01-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Cant wait for tonights match. Im really hoping Dementieva can pull it out cause she has a good chance to go deep and win her first slam. But its going to be a tough test vs Henin.

dw13
01-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Good match last night. Props to Henin! Glad she is back. Wish Blake would of pulled it off against Del Potro too.

mrtybrodur30
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah Henin and Dementieva battled out there the match was very close despite it being straight sets. I was thinking Blake could give Del Potro a little trouble but I wasnt expecting that. Especially when Blake broke back in the fifth set when Del Potro was serving for the match. Great Tennis so far and its only been 3 days.

dw13
01-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Bye Ivanovic :(

dw13
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
What a way to start the day off. Great comeback by Baghdatis, one of my favorites. Who doesn't like him!

mrtybrodur30
01-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Ivanovic needs to fix the serve and hopefully soon. Even if she would have advanced she would have been put away easily by Azarenka or Zvonareva etc in this tournament.

That very top portion of the mens draw is looking good. I think Hewitt will put away Baghdatits especially after what he had to endure today. But its looking like Federer vs. Hewitt and then Verdasco vs Davydenko. I wouldnt be that surprised to see Davydenko advancing out of those four, this could be Davydenko's chance.

dw13
01-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Tsonga was impressive last night, dealing with Dent's serve and volley the whole match. Won in straights and convincingly. No one likes playing Dent's style.

mrtybrodur30
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Federer looked alot better last night he was on his game.

Cilic against Wawrinka should be a good one today. Cilic had to play a 5 setter that ended in the early morning his last match though.

dw13
01-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Only surprise to me was Clijsters getting beat so badly.

dw13
01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Tsonga vs. Haas tonight. Cmon JoWilly!

dw13
01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Tsonga!!!! Flying under the radar

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Davydenko vs Verdasco is gonna be a war. Nikolai is on his game though I hope he gets through. Federer vs Hewitt should be a great match also.

Anyways so many great matches today and tomorrow.

Isner/Murray- Its going to be tough but Isner has to get this into tie-breaks. then win the breakers. Easier said than done though lol
Henin/Wickmayer- Henin should take it but it could get interesting.
Cilic/Del Potro- Del Potro has struggled and Cilic could put him away if Del Potro gets sloppy.
Kirilenko/Safina- Kirilenko has been playing great, she needs to stay in the match early.
Roddick/Gonzalez- could be some tough moments in this but hopefully Roddick gets through.

Tomorrow the two best two matches are the aforementioned Davydenko vs. Verdasco and then a big womens 4th round match Zvonareva vs. Azarenka. Cant wait to see that one. Both these two play with alot of attitude and emotion out there and it will be a battle im sure. Both of them swapped coaches with each other at the start of the year so im sure there is a ton of game planning going into this one.

dw13
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Davydenko vs Verdasco is gonna be a war. Nikolai is on his game though I hope he gets through. Federer vs Hewitt should be a great match also.

Anyways so many great matches today and tomorrow.

Isner/Murray- Its going to be tough but Isner has to get this into tie-breaks. then win the breakers. Easier said than done though lol
Henin/Wickmayer- Henin should take it but it could get interesting.
Cilic/Del Potro- Del Potro has struggled and Cilic could put him away if Del Potro gets sloppy.
Kirilenko/Safina- Kirilenko has been playing great, she needs to stay in the match early.
Roddick/Gonzalez- could be some tough moments in this but hopefully Roddick gets through.

Tomorrow the two best two matches are the aforementioned Davydenko vs. Verdasco and then a big womens 4th round match Zvonareva vs. Azarenka. Cant wait to see that one. Both these two play with alot of attitude and emotion out there and it will be a battle im sure. Both of them swapped coaches with each other at the start of the year so im sure there is a ton of game planning going into this one.

I think Davydenko will beat Verdasco in straights, or 4. The way Verdasco plays, it goes right into how Davydenko loves to play. Unless Verdasco switches it up, he will get rolled.

I like Murray over Isner because of Murrays return of serve. Best in the game, IMO. Henin/Wickmayer is going to be a great one, I'm not sure who to pick. I like Cilic over Del Po! and Roddick over Gonz.

Another great night of tennis tonight.

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah for sure Murray is the favorite by far. Isner has to have a big serving day and get it to the tie breaks. If he gets it there he can win them but the hard part is getting them there since it will be tough to break Murray and Murray also plays a great return game. Should be fun to watch though.

CayugaPosse
01-23-2010, 06:00 PM
If you guys wanna check out our first show....

http://www.topspinradio.com/

Monday at 12:30pm EST.

I'm not on camera, I'm the technical director...but enjoy...

dw13
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
After seeing Andy Murray's win over Isner, and how he has played all week, he is my favorite going into the second week. Holy shit was he incredible today.

dw13
01-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Props to Henin and Roddick, they both gutted out their matches. Cilic too! What a match by that kid, I'm really happy to see him moving on. I've liked him since he was even younger and broke on the scene.

Most impressed by Murray tonight though..

mrtybrodur30
01-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah great matches yesterday the end of that 4th set was awesome in the Roddick match. Cilic/Del Potro was just a battle. Murray has been looking good but hes going to have his hand full with Nadal he hasnt looked to bad either. More great matches to come today after the NFL games!

pjm
01-24-2010, 07:17 PM
What a mental battle that Roddick/Gonzo match was. Nice to see Roddick come out on top, should be a good matchup with Cilic who also played a couple long ones. Looking forward to Murray/Rafa!

dw13
01-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Goin to a 5th set and Verdasco has all the momentum! Huge!

Go Tsonga!!

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Davydenko atleast holds to start the 5th after two it was looking like Davydenko would put him away in 3. Im hoping Davydenko can pull this out. Tsonga should make short work of Almagro. Still cant wait for the last match of the night Zvonareva and Azarenka.

dw13
01-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Tsonga dropped the 3rd. Arg.

dw13
01-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Heading to a 5th.. Tsonga's first ever. Really hope he guts this one out.. its been an interesting match to say the least.

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Amazing match 5 all in the 5th! Cant believe Almagro's playing with a broken wrist.

dw13
01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
What a match. Almegro can RIP the ball man!

CayugaPosse
01-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Did anyone happen to catch our show today? I'd like any constructive criticism you guys have(outside of when I fucked up loading Rob's report and the video started halfway through because I had a setting wrong on the Telecast program we're using because it's different than what I'm used to using)?

dw13
01-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Did anyone happen to catch our show today? I'd like any constructive criticism you guys have(outside of when I fucked up loading Rob's report and the video started halfway through because I had a setting wrong on the Telecast program we're using because it's different than what I'm used to using)?

I did not. Hope it went well.

Cmon Roddick and Murray tonight.

Tsonga vs. Djoko is going to be awesome tomorrow.

dw13
01-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Props to Roddick for trying to gut that match out. He has a huge heart.

Murray has been absolutely dominating.

Go Tsonga tonight!!!

two24four
01-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Found myself again watching Tennis late last night (again I dont really follow it) I watched the end of the Roddick match, and most of the Murray match. Murray looks good.

abusiveninja
01-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Has Serena Williams ever been suspected/tested for performance-enhancing drugs?

She is a friggin BEAST!

mrtybrodur30
01-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Cant believe Davydenko has blown this. He had Federer but now hes down 2 sets to 1st really and looking terrible, lost the last 11 games in a row just bizarre. Djokovic/Tsonga is gonna be a good one later it will be a battle thats for sure.

pjm
01-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Serena came really, REALLY close to getting knocked out yesterday but somehow managed to gather it all together and knock out a win. That was pretty impressive.

Happy to see Federer move on, hoping for a Fed/Murray final at this point.

dw13
01-27-2010, 10:06 AM
What a MATCH. Tsonga!!!!

pjm
01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Tsonga with the first set after a tough tiebreak WOW what a great match so far

pjm
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Watched the whole thing props to Tsonga, great match

CayugaPosse
01-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow...I guess Justine Henin is back.

pjm
01-28-2010, 01:09 AM
No kidding that was pretty damn impressive...

Serena looked to be laboring today... gonna be an interesting final. My money is on Henin

mrtybrodur30
01-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Yeah Henin has been back imo when she took out an in form Dementieva in the 2nd round. Should be a good final im hoping Henin wins.

mrtybrodur30
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Pretty impressive performance by Federer. He just blew Tsonga off the court. You cant help but just laugh when watching Federer. The shots he makes, the balls alot of players cant get to he not only gets to them but hits crazy winners. Its just incredible.

Murray has been playing great but can he beat Federer in a best of 5? Im hoping Federer pulls it out but this should be a competitive match and Murray seems game to face Federer.

Justine and Serena should be awesome tonight as wel looking forward to it. Both finals will be high quality tennis for sure.

dw13
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Pulling for Murray and Henin.

pjm
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Tsonga was defeated before the first point... he came out nervous which is something you just can't do if you want a chance at beating Federer. Just going through the motions for the rest of the match... wasn't pretty.

I'll be pulling for Federer and Henin in the finals. Both are great finals

dw13
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Tsonga was defeated before the first point... he came out nervous which is something you just can't do if you want a chance at beating Federer. Just going through the motions for the rest of the match... wasn't pretty.

I'll be pulling for Federer and Henin in the finals. Both are great finals

It doesn't help that Federer played damn near perfect tennis. You can't beat him when he plays that good.

pjm
01-30-2010, 05:39 AM
This is a horrible game. Mistake after mistake by both players... why did I wake up in the middle of the night for this shit? Ugly tennis. Still hope Henin wins but neither really deserve it after tonight

EDIT: Finally, a decent fuckin rally. Took long enough
EDIT 2: Serena wins, hooray its over, i'm going back to sleep

mrtybrodur30
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM
I thought it was a good match but Henin had so many chances to really take the first set and didnt do it thats what cost her. It seemed the entire match she would always start every return game love-30. If she would have went to the bh slice more than the topsin bh hitting errors she had a great chance in that first set. Was fun to watch though especially when Henin went on that huge run at the end of the second set.. Cant wait for Federer/Murray.

pjm
01-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa Fed!

mrtybrodur30
01-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Federer in straights! Nice job by Federer going down in the third and coming back and winning in the tie-break. Murray finally started playing better in the third but Federer still won the set and the tournament. Not many people can hang with Federer in a best of five and win let alone in a major final. Makes what Del Potro did seem even more amazing.

Great win by Federer and he will once again be a major contender for the French even more so now than usual i think since he doesnt NEED to win it and ofcourse since Rafa still has injury concerns. I really hope Rafa can get healthy. Hes really the only guy who can challenge Roger in a major.

pjm
01-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Federer was just loooking out for his Canadian fans. He knows k// its 5am and im drunk and want to sleeeep. thx fed. peace

dw13
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Fed is the man again.

dw13
05-17-2010, 04:18 PM
6 days away from Roland Garros?

:D

dw13
01-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Sunday at 6:30 PM EST.

Pumped.

pjm
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Tsonga gave up the fight there, lost to some unseeded Ukranian guy. Murray with another impressive win.

God I love tennis

dw13
01-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Tsonga's back went out again. Hope it's not serious and it was just dead. Sucks to see him go out, I wanted to see him vs Soderling.

Loving the way Andy is playing at the moment.

Isner vs Cilic should be a good match now.

mrtybrodur30
01-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Isner/Cilic was a great match I was looking forward to that one. Isner really had a shot to close it out in the 4th set breaker but he played terrible, Worst tie-break I have ever seen him play. Cilic really turned it on after the 3rd he was just serving too well. Isner had no looks at all until Cilic's last service game of the match but couldnt close it out.

Also was surprising to see Stosur go out the way she did. You dont see near the quality of the mens game but the womens side is always wide open. Most of the time its the player who can deal with the highs and lows better that moves on.

Roddick/Wawrinka should be fun to watch later today. Wawrinka looked great against Monfils. Too bad that match is last match in the night session sucks for us lol

Almagro/Djokovic could turn out to be interesting too.

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Based on how they have played especially yesterday, tomorrow's Djokovic/Berdych match is going to be awesome. Really cant wait to watch that one. Berdych is on fire and Djokovic has really cleaned his game up playing as good as he ever has, should be something special.

dw13
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm excited to see Raonic later!

moans
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm excited to see Raonic later!
ME too! Hopefully he can continue his improbable run and beat Ferrer.

dw13
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I was flicking back in forth between the Dolgopolov/Soderling match. What a fucking match played by the kid. He beat Tsonga and absolutely disposed of Soderling. Wonderful.

pjm
01-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I was flicking back in forth between the Dolgopolov/Soderling match. What a fucking match played by the kid. He beat Tsonga and absolutely disposed of Soderling. Wonderful.
Yeah he played outstanding tennis today. Wow. His defensive chip shots were incredible

two24four
01-23-2011, 11:36 PM
,Wow, this Raonic kid is good and he's Canadian to boot.

CayugaPosse
01-24-2011, 12:20 AM
,Wow, this Raonic kid is good and he's Canadian to boot.

When we ran our TopSpin show from Tennis Canada, Raonic was one of our main "friends of the show", we had him on I think 4 different times, and all ended up knowing him pretty well.

Happy to report that if this is a coming out party and he becomes a player in the sport, I cannot even begin to tell you that it can't happen to a better person. I know that sounds like hyperbole because everyone says that all the time, but it really is true in this case...he is genuinely one of the nicest kids you'd ever meet in your life, and absurdly mature for his age, asking him about the future of tennis in Canada and his role in it and everything and the answers he'd respond with showed maturity few athletes of any age display.

He's a great kid, everyone should root for him.

two24four
01-24-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm a fan already.

He kind of looks like Zack Kassian abit IMO.

CayugaPosse
01-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm a fan already.

He kind of looks like Zack Kassian abit IMO.

Considerably taller, he's over 6'5" if I'm not mistaken...

But ya he does.

dw13
01-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Ferrer has played out of this world good in the past 3 sets. Unreal. He simply isn't making ONE mistake. Not one. Raonic has a great career ahead of him, he playes awesome big man tennis. His volleying skills are just awesome for a man his size. He should be around for a long while. Seemed a really well spoken guy and self confident. Both are just huge when you are trying to make it big time in the world of Tennis, IMO.

mrtybrodur30
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Berdych/Djokovic is gonna be a battle tonight! Federer/Wawrinka might go 5 sets. Stan has to be on his game again. Will be interesting to see how Schiavone has recovered from her last match.

dw13
01-25-2011, 01:43 PM
The Joker was really good last night. Mixed it up great, made it so Berdych couldn't hit the ball as hard as he likes to do.

Stan the tomato can rolled over for Fed.

Djokovic/Fed will be a belter of a match.

Lets hope we see a match go atleast 4 sets tonight on the mens side.

Wozniaki looked dead to the wind but came back! I'm definitely a fan of hers after finding out she supports the same football club as me!

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2011, 07:09 PM
The Joker was really good last night. Mixed it up great, made it so Berdych couldn't hit the ball as hard as he likes to do.

Stan the tomato can rolled over for Fed.

Djokovic/Fed will be a belter of a match.

Lets hope we see a match go atleast 4 sets tonight on the mens side.

Wozniaki looked dead to the wind but came back! I'm definitely a fan of hers after finding out she supports the same football club as me!Djokovic dismantled every part of Berdych's game very impressive! I was ready to see what Wawrinka could do against Fed. Wawrinka looked very very good this tournament but yesterday he looked terrible.

Really wanted Schiavone to win last night, she played great considering her match before. This was the only close match of the night.

dw13
01-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Dolgopolov just took the 3rd set tiebreaker against Murray. Regardless of what happens, he's made me a fan! Really unconvential player and he battles hard as anyone I've ever seen! He beat my boy Tsonga, too.

pjm
01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Nadal with some hamstring trouble and loses to a stong Ferrer. He sure is a fighter, though - plenty of opportunity for him to retire but he played through. Respect. Won't get that 4 in a row afterall...

Djoko/Fed should be an incredible match

dw13
01-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm still fighting off being sick but I'm taking a nap so I can be awake at 3:30am for this Fed/Djoko match. I refuse to miss it.

mrtybrodur30
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I think whoever wins the Federer/Djokovic match and the Zvonareva/Clijsters match will take the titles. Im pulling for Zvonareva on the womens side. But Federer/Djokovic is a toss up anything can happen in that match.

Dolgopolov had a great tournament he had some great chances especially in that first set against Murray.

Na Li is also the favorite over Wozniacki. I agree I like Na Li moving through to the final. She has a good game to match up against Wozniacki.

dw13
01-26-2011, 07:15 PM
I think whoever wins the Federer/Djokovic match and the Zvonareva/Clijsters match will take the titles. Im pulling for Zvonareva on the womens side. But Federer/Djokovic is a toss up anything can happen in that match.

Dolgopolov had a great tournament he had some great chances especially in that first set against Murray.

Na Li is also the favorite over Wozniacki. I like Na Li moving through to the final. She has a good game to match up against Wozniacki.

My picks:

Djoko > Fed
Murray > Ferrer
- Djoko > Murray (I want Murray to win badly)

Li Na > Wozniacki
Zvonareva > Kim
- Li Na > Vera

mrtybrodur30
01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
My picks:

Djoko > Fed
Murray > Ferrer
- Djoko > Murray (I want Murray to win badly)

Li Na > Wozniacki
Zvonareva > Kim
- Li Na > Vera
Federer is the favorite but I would give a slight edge to Djokovic for sure based on his play this tournament. Ill pick Federer though cause I would rather have him win haha. Enjoy everybody who watches!

pjm
01-26-2011, 08:25 PM
I'll go Fed over Murray in the final, and I agree with Li Na over Zvonerava in the womens.

mrtybrodur30
01-27-2011, 01:59 AM
What a comeback by Na Li down a set and a break and saving a match point, was very impressive. Clijsters just took it too Zvonareva. She controlled the match and made it look easy. Now just waiting for the main event tonight!

dw13
01-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Djoko was awesome.

mrtybrodur30
01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah he was. Federer just didnt look his best on the big points and couldnt take care of his serve. I was shocked when Federer let him back in the 2nd set.

pjm
01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Have the match on the PVR, eagerly waiting to get home to watch it. Not sure if i want to watch that second set though :(

dw13
01-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Pumped for tonights final!

mrtybrodur30
01-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Good match yesterday, usually its a blowout in women's finals. Nice comeback by Clijsters. I dont really care who wins tonight but I guess I will be going for Djokovic, dont like Murray really haha just hoping for a good match!

pjm
01-31-2011, 02:50 AM
Congrats Joker, well deserved win. Spectacular play from the start of the tourney till the end.

Looked like Murray choked up another final... too bad, he REALLY needs one under his belt just for the confidence it will give him going forward.

dw13
02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Djokovic's transition game from defense to offense was outstanding.

He has a real shot at the US Open. It's the big 3 in tennis now.

moans
02-13-2011, 03:24 PM
We should make this the tennis thread or something. Milos into the finals tonight against Verdasco. MAtch is on sportsnet at 8. Best of luck to the Canuck!

two24four
02-13-2011, 03:41 PM
We should make this the tennis thread or something. Milos into the finals tonight against Verdasco. MAtch is on sportsnet at 8. Best of luck to the Canuck!

I plan on watching, this dude is the real deal.

moans
02-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Way to go Milos! First CAnadian to win an ATP since 95.

dw13
02-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Way to go Milos! First CAnadian to win an ATP since 95.

The kid has a wonderful future. Has his head screwed on tight without a question. I don't know of any injuries in his past but lets hope he stays injury free!

b_illin
02-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Nice win kid!

(verdasco was a pouty bitch)

two24four
02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Milos moved up to 59th in the rankings, not bad.

dw13
02-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Milos moved up to 59th in the rankings, not bad.

No reason he's not a top 25 player by years end.

mrtybrodur30
02-15-2011, 01:15 AM
No reason he's not a top 25 player by years end.Hes playing well to start the year but thats a bit to high for me. I dont see him doing well on clay this year but he could surprise on grass and if he can stay consistent enough he can play well when summer hard courts come around. Plus theres a good amount of guys right outside the top 25 that can easily get hot. I didnt mind him beating Verdasco though thats for sure! Dont care for Verdasco.

dw13
02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
He's up to 37th now after making the finals in Memphis vs. Roddick.

He'll be there at the end of the year.

mrtybrodur30
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Was watching that match yesterday, what an incredible last point Roddick had! Raonic had a better week than last week even though he lost. He's in a zone right now but it hasnt been all luck, he was very tough and worked hard this week.

dw13
02-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Extremely interested to see Raonic on clay/grass. Think he could have a very good grass game, not so sure about his clay game. The kid is full of potential though, great to see him playing as often as possible too.

Caroline Wozniacki took back #1. Good for her. Liverpool fan, my favorite lady player currently. :D

CayugaPosse
02-21-2011, 02:28 PM
YouTube - Another Game for Milos

b_illin
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Hes playing well to start the year but thats a bit to high for me. I dont see him doing well on clay this year but he could surprise on grass and if he can stay consistent enough he can play well when summer hard courts come around. Plus theres a good amount of guys right outside the top 25 that can easily get hot. I didnt mind him beating Verdasco though thats for sure! Dont care for Verdasco.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/tennis/article/984075--milos-raonic-reaches-top-25-in-atp-rankings

dw13
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Still a long season but like I said before, no reason to think he won't be there at the end of the year.

b_illin
05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Still a long season but like I said before, no reason to think he won't be there at the end of the year.

You were correct - he already is top-25.

Canadian Milos Raonic has moved up two places to No. 25 in the ATP rankings.

dw13
05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
You were correct - he already is top-25.

I was just saying he has work to do to stay there, it's a long season, he could fall back out.

dw13
01-18-2012, 11:21 PM
That time again!

Tsonga, Raonic both into the 3rd round easily.

Tomic's match vs Verdasco was great.

Love this tournament!

HiStickem
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Man, Feds can't seem to beat Nadal in a grand slam event. He's like kryptonite to Feds or something.

Also, can anyone really watch Victoria Azarenka with out going crazy? My god, the woman shrieks on EVERY single stroke! And jeez, what is she like when she's having sex???

dw13
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
^^ And Djokovic is to Nadal what he is to Federer.

And Aza shrieks but most of the women do that play. Not sure why she catches such hell down under. She's playing Sharapova, who probably is just as loud.

HiStickem
01-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't mind a grunt here and there, but for every ground stroke? Even the serve? True, Sharpie does shriek as well!

It's funny how Djoko's not bothered at all by Nadal's lefty top spin the way it does Feds--especially to Feds backhand. And at least it doesn't seem like it bothers Djoko....

dw13
01-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't mind a grunt here and there, but for every ground stroke? Even the serve? True, Sharpie does shriek as well!

It's funny how Djoko's not bothered at all by Nadal's lefty top spin the way it does Feds--especially to Feds backhand. And at least it doesn't seem like it bothers Djoko....

Djokovic's backhand is too good and consistent in comparison to Rogers. The high-kick to the backhand doesn't wear down Djoko, he can consistently hit through it.

Djokovic POUNDS Nadal's backhand, and normally comes to the net more often when he hits to to his backhand. Roger was doing that last night early on but just seemed to wear down. Nadal just brutalizes him really.

HiStickem
01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Djokovic POUNDS Nadal's backhand, and normally comes to the net more often when he hits to to his backhand. Roger was doing that last night early on but just seemed to wear down. Nadal just brutalizes him really.

WAs Rafa getting a lot of points by attacking Feds back hand? It's probably too late for him to change, but what if Feds moved away from doing the one handed backhand when he plays Nadal? Would he have more control with a two hander against Nadal's lefty top spin to his back hand? Probably wouldn't matter, though...

I haven't seen any of the match yet.

dw13
01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
WAs Rafa getting a lot of points by attacking Feds back hand? It's probably too late for him to change, but what if Feds moved away from doing the one handed backhand when he plays Nadal? Would he have more control with a two hander against Nadal's lefty top spin to his back hand? Probably wouldn't matter, though...

I haven't seen any of the match yet.

Yeah, Rafa does nothing but hit to Feds backhand using his high kick to get up high and it just is too physical for Fed.

He made the adjustment early in the match to not slice it back but to try to hit over the top of it with his backhand. But by the 2nd and 3rd sets, Rafa was just too good for him.

I can't imagine Roger hitting a 2 handed backhand anymore. It's crazy though because Roger can handle Djokovic pretty well. Djokovic handles Nadal. Nadal handles Fed.

Funny how it works like that.

CayugaPosse
01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Cut the men's final pack for The Score tonight, 4:45 seconds long.

What.
A.
Match.

dw13
01-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Was outstanding, to say the least.

Snipes16
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I only caught the last 2 sets on replay and at the very end of the match it did appear that Djokovich had one more gear left that Nadal didn't.

Which was a little surprising considering Nadal had the extra rest and Djokovich coming off the 5 hour match vs Murray only 2 days ago....missed the first 3 sets but heard Pat McEnroe say Nadal should have been done in the 4th so props to both, wow.

b_illin
01-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Sounds like forgetting to record this match was a mistake :(

Snipes16
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Sounds like forgetting to record this match was a mistake :(

No ESPN channel's north of the border? Because they've replayed it twice already.

The level of play in that final set was outstanding with both guys running down a lot of shots. Although neither guy looks like they have an ounce of body fat on them.

After the match when they have the tourney people speak before handing out the hardware both guys were in distress standing and waiting untill somebody finally brought out a couple chairs and they just flopped into them.

Was surprised to hear Djoko is 7-0 vs Raffa over their last 7 matches.

two24four
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
TSN replayed it yesterday afternoon, I watched abit of it then.

b_illin
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
No ESPN channel's north of the border? Because they've replayed it twice already.

The level of play in that final set was outstanding with both guys running down a lot of shots. Although neither guy looks like they have an ounce of body fat on them.

After the match when they have the tourney people speak before handing out the hardware both guys were in distress standing and waiting untill somebody finally brought out a couple chairs and they just flopped into them.

Was surprised to hear Djoko is 7-0 vs Raffa over their last 7 matches.

Once I know who won, watching a replay doesn't cut it...at least not a 5 hr long match! (It's probably been on as two24four said...TSN is basically ESPN Canada...including partial ownership)