PDA

View Full Version : New England Patriots

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

King_Killah
01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
So after they beat the San Diego SuperChargers and go 18-0, then go onto the Super Bowl and beat the NFC to go 19-0, who wants to give me odds that the Pats end up going 38-0???

Unbeaten next season, back to back Bowls???

Of course this is as long as they re-sign Randy Moss.

mrtybrodur30
01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
So after they beat the San Diego SuperChargers and go 18-0, then go onto the Super Bowl and beat the NFC to go 19-0, who wants to give me odds that the Pats end up going 38-0???

Unbeaten next season, back to back Bowls???

Of course this is as long as they re-sign Randy Moss.lol thats is a good one, you sure do like to gamble dont you! well with the colts loss today i dont see how they dont beat san diego and get into the super bowl. i wonder who they will play, i think the packers since i think playing in green bay hurts the giants alot. packers and patriots would be a HUGE super bowl. would have to break records for viewing. if the patriots do win i bet there will be some crazy future bets like this though lol

ajaxfan
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
lol thats is a good one, you sure do like to gamble dont you! well with the colts loss today i dont see how they dont beat san diego and get into the super bowl. i wonder who they will play, i think the packers since i think playing in green bay hurts the giants alot. packers and patriots would be a HUGE super bowl. would have to break records for viewing. if the patriots do win i bet there will be some crazy future bets like this though lol

there already are.... as of right now, I can make a bet on the Patriots going undefeated next season. I think the odds are 6 to 1. Theres also the option that they go undefeated and take the SB (8 to 1).

Doctego
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
there already are.... as of right now, I can make a bet on the Patriots going undefeated next season. I think the odds are 6 to 1. Theres also the option that they go undefeated and take the SB (8 to 1).

I hate making bets that pay out that far in advance.

King_Killah
01-15-2008, 07:34 PM
lol thats is a good one, you sure do like to gamble dont you! well with the colts loss today i dont see how they dont beat san diego and get into the super bowl. i wonder who they will play, i think the packers since i think playing in green bay hurts the giants alot. packers and patriots would be a HUGE super bowl. would have to break records for viewing. if the patriots do win i bet there will be some crazy future bets like this though lol

Unfortunately yes....

and if...

I think the odds are 6 to 1

Is in the ballpark... I'd consider!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-15-2008, 11:25 PM
The Pats dominated this season but they also got lucky breaks during a few games. Baltimore stands out most of all as the game they really should have lost. Baltimore had it in the bag and they blew it. They BLEW IT FOR ALL OF THE COUNTRY!!!! heheheh

But seriously, I don't see it happening. That would be insane.

THEN AGAIN, they are in a division with the Jets and the Phins. :rolleyes: What's their real schedule next season look like?

King_Killah
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
The Pats dominated this season but they also got lucky breaks during a few games. Baltimore stands out most of all as the game they really should have lost. Baltimore had it in the bag and they blew it. They BLEW IT FOR ALL OF THE COUNTRY!!!! heheheh

But seriously, I don't see it happening. That would be insane.

THEN AGAIN, they are in a division with the Jets and the Phins. :rolleyes: What's their real schedule next season look like?

Their schedule:

Home: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Pittsburgh

Away: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Indianapolis

Not an easy schedule. All the home games are certainly winnable. The Pittsburgh game will be interesting to see where it falls on the schedule. I think the schedule makers want to try to get that game in September or October. The away games. Miami, NY Jets, Stinkland. All no-brainer wins. Buffalo will be tough, but I think its a win. In San Diego will be tough but I think the Pats win. San Francisco. Tempting to put it in the no-brainer, but I will call it a game until the 4th quarter when Tom & co. blow shit up. Seattle. I think they are frauds, but their building is a tough place to play. I call it a squeaker with New England winning. The classic Indianapolis game. The Colts get a break by getting the game in their building again. To no avail. Pats win convincingly. That my friends concludes another 16-0 season. ;)

Back to back Super Bowl seasons are tough. Going unbeaten in one season is tough. Back to back unbeaten, Super Bowl seasons... That's just Godly.

I agree the Pats caught a few lucky breaks. But hey, every team gets a break here and there.

Doctego
01-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I agree the Pats caught a few lucky breaks. But hey, every team gets a break here and there.

Agreed. We also need to remember that, when you are that good, you create a lot of your good breaks.

two24four
01-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Their schedule:

Home: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Pittsburgh

Away: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Indianapolis

Not an easy schedule. All the home games are certainly winnable. The Pittsburgh game will be interesting to see where it falls on the schedule. I think the schedule makers want to try to get that game in September or October. The away games. Miami, NY Jets, Stinkland. All no-brainer wins. Buffalo will be tough, but I think its a win. In San Diego will be tough but I think the Pats win. San Francisco. Tempting to put it in the no-brainer, but I will call it a game until the 4th quarter when Tom & co. blow shit up. Seattle. I think they are frauds, but their building is a tough place to play. I call it a squeaker with New England winning. The classic Indianapolis game. The Colts get a break by getting the game in their building again. To no avail. Pats win convincingly. That my friends concludes another 16-0 season. ;)

Back to back Super Bowl seasons are tough. Going unbeaten in one season is tough. Back to back unbeaten, Super Bowl seasons... That's just Godly.

Wow, I must say, I like that schedule for us next year, should at the very least go 11-5 I would think.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Their schedule:

Not an easy schedule.

You're joking right?

Pitt wil be contending with 8 playoff teams next season. For NE? I count 4. Pitt, Indy, Seattle, and SD. How the hell does that even happen? They go 16-0 this year, probably win the SB, a top 10 draft pick and then they get to contend with that seemingly cakewalk schedule next season?? Who's dick is BB sucking?? Some of those teams are going to have to make nice turn arouns from this year to last to make that schedule unlaughable. The Pats and Steelers should swap schedules next year so that Pitt can make a run at 16-0 :cool:

Doctego
01-16-2008, 12:13 AM
You're joking right?

Pitt wil be contending with 8 playoff teams next season. For NE? I count 4. Pitt, Indy, Seattle, and SD. How the hell does that even happen? They go 16-0 this year, probably win the SB, a top 10 draft pick and then they get to contend with that seemingly cakewalk schedule next season?? Who's dick is BB sucking?? Some of those teams are going to have to make nice turn arouns from this year to last to make that schedule unlaughable. The Pats and Steelers should swap schedules next year so that Pitt can make a run at 16-0 :cool:

Seems pretty simple to me. As a division winner, they play the other division winners in the AFC as well as the AFC East. It seems like their division also plays both West divisions. Pot luck.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 12:18 AM
You're joking right?

To be fair... Denver is a decent team. I don't like them much outside of Denver though. Kansas City should be better with Larry Johnson back healthy, although, as I mentioned a little while back I don't think Johnson will ever regain the days of 2-3 seasons ago. Buffalo isn't a bad team. We talk every year about Arizona being better. I think their home side is a safe bet. But every team should win at home no matter how good or bad you are. The road games, I wouldn't necessarily call them all gimmes.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Wow, I must say, I like that schedule for us next year, should at the very least go 11-5 I would think.

Wow... 11-5??? I am calling for another 16-0 season. At worst 14-2. Which five are you considering an issue?

two24four
01-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Wow... 11-5??? I am calling for another 16-0 season. At worst 14-2. Which five are you considering an issue?

Pittsburgh at home, then Indy, SD, and maybe Buffalo and Seattle, all on he road, Seattle is always tough at home, and Buffalo is getting better, so they could maybe pull of a win.

I'm not saying we will lose these games for sure, but I will also not sit here and say we will win them for sure, it would be nice to go 14-2 or even better yet 16-0 again.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Pittsburgh at home, then Indy, SD, and maybe Buffalo and Seattle, all on he road, Seattle is always tough at home, and Buffalo is getting better, so they could maybe pull of a win.

I'm not saying we will lose these games for sure, but I will also not sit here and say we will win them for sure, it would be nice to go 14-2 or even better yet 16-0 again.

Fair enough.

Spartan
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
That is the easiest schedule in the league. Any more than 2 losses even without Moss should be considered a poor showing. The toughest game should be at a healthy Indianapolis.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
That is the easiest schedule in the league. Any more than 2 losses even without Moss should be considered a poor showing. The toughest game should be at a healthy Indianapolis.

Without Moss... are you kidding me?? He is the catalyst that springs open Welker and Stallworth...

Spartan
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Limas Sweed, James Hardy, Devin Thomas to name a few. Even if they lose Moss they can snag a great WR on the first day of the draft. Moss is good no doubt, but he was in the shitter before NE got a hold of him. NE on the other hand has been great even before him.

Honestly other than the Indy road game and maybe Pittsburgh that schedule is very favorable. This years team would run that table easily.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Limas Sweed, James Hardy, Devin Thomas to name a few. Even if they lose Moss they can snag a great WR on the first day of the draft. Moss is good no doubt, but he was in the shitter before NE got a hold of him. NE on the other hand has been great even before him.

Honestly other than the Indy road game and maybe Pittsburgh that schedule is very favorable. This years team would run that table easily.

Anyone playing in Oakland is in the shitter, no matter how good you are. That team sucks, that management sucks, that ownership sucks... He could only do so much.

two24four
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Even if Moss leaves after this season, I dont see us drafting a WR in the 1st round of the draft.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I read on some website earlier this morning that Moss got some restraining order put up against him recently, but went back later to read the article again with more attention and it was removed. So weird. Can't find anybody else confirming this either.

Brady without Moss?

Let's compare the numbers....

Not nearly as impressive.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Even if Moss leaves after this season, I dont see us drafting a WR in the 1st round of the draft.

Agreed.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Okay... so apparently you can find details on the boston globe's website. It is not exactly being covered up... but hasn't been widely reported either. Hello ESPN/NFL Network?? Don't you ppl live for this garbage?

I am still catching up with the details of what happened but even to me it sounds kinda ridiculous so far.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/ (http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/)

Alleged incident occurred 10 days ago.

Her lawyers demand money or a restraining order will be filed.

He refused to pay because he feels he didn't do anything wrong. She files for a TRO last night and a Florida radio station is tipped off.

He addressed with the media already.

“I’m not really getting into that. I just told you guys, I mean, I don’t want to get in trouble for anything I might say that I’m not supposed to say when it comes to an attorney and a client. There is a lot of things I want to sit here and tell you guys to prove my innocence. But for the fact there is an investigation going on …”

You can find more details and conversations with Randy on the boston globe's website.

King_Killah
01-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I read on some website earlier this morning that Moss got some restraining order put up against him recently, but went back later to read the article again with more attention and it was removed. So weird. Can't find anybody else confirming this either.

Brady without Moss?

Let's compare the numbers....

Not nearly as impressive.

There is an accusation of battery against him. Some dumb bitch asked to borrow a substantial amount of money, he said no... She said gimme or I am going to the media with some BS story... I swear to God, people like this I wanna choke...

But since it seems to be the thing to do... I heard that JeMarcus Russell is going to come clean and tell the world how FlyGuy sexually accosted him with a double-headed sex toy and said "if you don't turn the Raiders around, I am going to the media to tell the world that you buttplugged me in a Wal-Mart parking lot." Fly - shame on you... Even Russell isn't that good to turn that shitbox of a franchise around! :lol:

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Many threads on the Pats, but no real off-season thread with the exception of Moss resigning thread...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—With cornerbacks Asante Samuel (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6456/;_ylt=AseLuhSjIDNtkR0fVH1dmnAdsLYF) and Randall Gay (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7028/;_ylt=Ah2PezsKUeI.6rSoRdSxT1sdsLYF) leaving as free agents, the New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AlOEYkpwmA3gxLkcyqAO4a8dsLYF) began rebuilding their secondary on Tuesday by signing cornerback Jason Webster (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5077/;_ylt=ArHlXwac2RnAgR4c6uUu3WYdsLYF).
The 5-foot-9, 187-pound Webster has 393 tackles and 11 interceptions in 87 career games, 74 of them starts.
He played in one game last season for Buffalo before being placed on the reserve/injured list with an arm injury on Sept. 13.
The eight-year veteran was a second-round draft pick of San Francisco in 2000 and played four years with the 49ers before signing as a free agent with Atlanta, where he played for three years.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick says Webster is “an experienced veteran who will add good depth to our secondary.”

Now, Webster is no Samuel, but I actually like this signing a lot for New England.

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 01:49 AM
This one is key also.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—The New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=Atm8M9ORNUC_WAMAkTvLJMQdsLYF) re-signed linebacker Tedy Bruschi (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3571/) on Friday, also agreed to deals with long snapper Lonie Paxton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5317/;_ylt=ArMGNdFw8XFg0TGdXtjUZoYdsLYF) and wide receiver Kelley Washington (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6401/;_ylt=AnKdYcDBYQXTlsrvUHj2GKwdsLYF) and released tight end Kyle Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3128/;_ylt=AlQXxgxUWqAZzs_sR1j3qrcdsLYF).

I like them resigning Bruschi for his leadership. Kyle Brady, see ya.

two24four
03-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Getting Webster is a good move, I like that signing, and I agree about resigning Bruschi, he still has some left in the tank, also dont leave out Paxton, the best long snapper in the game :lol:

Cant wait for the draft, to see what we do at 7th overall, I have seen some mock drafts with them taking DE Vernon Gholston from Ohio St, which I'm fine with, if not him, I hope we can get one of Aqib Talib or Mike Jenkins at CB, I would also be happy getting OLB Dan Conner, he looks like a good one.

King_Killah
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
A little shit talk never hurt anyone...

When asked about the departure of DB Asante Samuel (who signed with the Philadelphia Eagles in the offseason), New England Patriots WR Wes Welker (http://www.footballguys.com/WelkWe00-1.php) pulled no punches. "Asante's a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it's part of the business of the game. He chose money over championships, and that's the way it goes sometimes."

Preseason Week 3. Watch it.

King_Killah
07-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Alright, alright....I'll report the good with the bad...

New England Patriots DB Willie Andrews has been arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at his girlfriend's head. Police say they received a call around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning from a woman who said Andrews had pointed a gun at her temple during an argument. The girlfriend left the house and sought shelter in a hotel, according to police. When officers arrived at the hotel, they found Andrews allegedly talking to his girlfriend. Andrews drove off when he saw the police cruisers show up. Officers say they returned to Andrews' home and placed him under arrest for assault by means of a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm. Furthermore, they say a .45-caliber, believed to be Andrews', was found near a dumpster.

dw13
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
The good with the bad? Has this season been anything but this season? Nothing but bad things out of the NE Camp. Cheataholics, people coming forward about them (wonder why Kyle Brady was released) and you lose your only Corner.

Have fun with that secondary over there, not to mention picking up our scraps (Hobson) and have him try to mold Mayo. Haha.

Look forward to after the years of dominance, or rather cheating. These idiots fall. I give Bellicheat 2 more seasons.

FlyGuy78
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
The good with the bad? Has this season been anything but this season? Nothing but bad things out of the NE Camp. Cheataholics, people coming forward about them (wonder why Kyle Brady was released) and you lose your only Corner.

Have fun with that secondary over there, not to mention picking up our scraps (Hobson) and have him try to mold Mayo. Haha.

Look forward to after the years of dominance, or rather cheating. These idiots fall. I give Bellicheat 2 more seasons.

Only from a Jets fan. Do I hear a little jealousy and frustration coming from other teams' fans in the NE division?! :lol::lol:

If i were a Jets, Phins, or Bills fan.......I would grab a whole pallet of Snickers...cause you're gonna be where you are for a loooooooooong time!!

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 09:25 AM

You really are that dilusional??? Come on man.... I thought the only one that insane was FlyGuy about the Raiders. The Patriots will go 16-0 again this year. This year they win the Super Bowl.

Only from a Jets fan. Do I hear a little jealousy and frustration coming from other teams' fans in the NE division?! :lol::lol:

If i were a Jets, Phins, or Bills fan.......I would grab a whole pallet of Snickers...cause you're gonna be where you are for a loooooooooong time!!

That's funny.

two24four
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM

hahaha, yup.

Pats will be tops in the divsion for a few years to come still, Jets dont scare me, Phins dont, Bills are getting better, but not just yet.

I think the worst record the Pats will have this season is 13-3.

looch17
07-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Pats will roll again this year. Not worried about the division at all. Like 24 said...the only ones that pose any kind of threat to us is the Bills, but that wont be for another year or two.

dw13
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
You really are that dilusional??? Come on man.... I thought the only one that insane was FlyGuy about the Raiders. The Patriots will go 16-0 again this year. This year they win the Super Bowl.

ahahahaha

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
ahahahaha

Who is going to stop them???

FlyGuy78
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
yeah I don't see anyone stopping the Pats this year again either in the regular season. the playoffs are a whole different story.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Pats will roll again this year. Not worried about the division at all. Like 24 said...the only ones that pose any kind of threat to us is the Bills, but that wont be for another year or two.

not to mention the Pats have arguably the easiest regular season schedule in the NFL this year. And I'll go on record and Peg Pittsburgh with one of the toughest. :dead:

dw13
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
8 of 11 coaches polled called Rodney Harrison dirtiest player in league

FlyGuy78
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
8 of 11 coaches polled called Rodney Harrison dirtiest player in league

So was Andre Waters and that didn't stop the Eagles from having one of the most dominant defenses during the Buddy Ryan era.

dw13
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
So was Andre Waters and that didn't stop the Eagles from having one of the most dominant defenses during the Buddy Ryan era.

Another HORRIBLE comparison. I was raised here in Florida, and know alot about Andre (went to Pahokee, from Glades) the "Waters Rule" was formed to keep QB's from snapping legs, it wasn't dirty back then. Dierdorf was the only idiot that called him "Dirty Waters".

Harrison was doing this crap over in San Diego, little girl can't hit without leading with his helmet. Not mention hes god awful in coverage.

I'm done posting on the NYJ and NE boards here, too useless. I'll stick to reading nothing but Jets posts on various other Patriot boards.

b_illin
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Another HORRIBLE comparison. I was raised here in Florida, and know alot about Andre (went to Pahokee, from Glades) the "Waters Rule" was formed to keep QB's from snapping legs, it wasn't dirty back then. Dierdorf was the only idiot that called him "Dirty Waters".

Harrison was doing this crap over in San Diego, little girl can't hit without leading with his helmet. Not mention hes god awful in coverage.

I'm done posting on the NYJ and NE boards here, too useless. I'll stick to reading nothing but Jets posts on various other Patriot boards.

Dude, you may very well know your stuff, but you are basically an unknown dude coming in here and telling respected members of the board they don't know their shit...or calling them Pats fans...etc. King Killah knows, in my opinion, far more about the NFL and it's players than anyone else on this site. Nobody dissed you or was rude towards you, so I don't see why you are flipping the bitch switch and sulking. Be nice, respectfully debate the merits of players/teams and nobody will fuck with you around here. Acting like a know-it-all (whether you actually do or not) noob is not the way get ppl to take you seriously.

(and I am not trying to start a beef, just calling it as I see it...and by all means, I do hope you stick around because I for one, really enjoy the football talk despite this being a hockey board....the more the merrier!)

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM

Waters was a dirty player. But you are right... It wasn't considered "dirty" then.

You do that... To useless. Whatever. Have fun! See ya around!

dw13
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Dude, you may very well know your stuff, but you are basically an unknown dude coming in here and telling respected members of the board they don't know their shit...or calling them Pats fans...etc. King Killah knows, in my opinion, far more about the NFL and it's players than anyone else on this site. Nobody dissed you or was rude towards you, so I don't see why you are flipping the bitch switch and sulking. Be nice, respectfully debate the merits of players/teams and nobody will fuck with you around here. Acting like a know-it-all (whether you actually do or not) noob is not the way get ppl to take you seriously.

(and I am not trying to start a beef, just calling it as I see it...and by all means, I do hope you stick around because I for one, really enjoy the football talk despite this being a hockey board....the more the merrier!)

didn't know there was known and unknowns on a message board

dw13
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
By the way, Killah I'm not questioning your football knowledge. You just don't know much about the Jets, which is understandable.

b_illin
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
didn't know there was known and unknowns on a message board

I don't mean anything rude by saying you are an unknown, I mean I am around here enough that I know KK, Flyguy, two24four and the others who have commented and I don't really recognize you. Those of us that spend enough time here get to know each other (it's actually kinda scary how much you learn after reading thousands of posts!) over time and I urge you to stick around and do the same. (just be mindful that there are some very knowledgeable types on here and, as I said, debating is strongly encouraged, just be cool about it)

PS: I now know who you are and you now know me, KK, Fly, etc. so already you're becoming 'known'

Peace!

By the way, Killah I'm not questioning your football knowledge. You just don't know much about the Jets, which is understandable.

KK lives in NJ (granted the other end) - just because he disagrees, doesn't mean doesn't know his shit. I, by the way, agree that the Jets are not a playoff team this year. As was said previously, the offense is shite and with CLE, BUF, JAC, etc. taking steps forward, I don't see the Jets much improved DEF carrying them into a wild card spot (which they will need with the Pats in their division). Oh yeah, you are also the only person who seems to think the Jets will be playoff bound, and the ppl who have posted disagreeing all know their shit football-wise.

Without ruffling your feathers, perhaps your green-coloured shades are affecting your outlook on things - wouldn't be the first time it's happened around here! (myself included - my bias skews my perspective at times as well)

looch17
07-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Andrews has been released:

Scout.com's Adam Caplan reports that the Patriots released Willie Andrews.
The Boston Globe has confirmed the news, which was expected after Andrews' latest gun-related arrest. The third-year pro was no lock to make the roster after failing to develop at cornerback. He's a fine returner.

dw13
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
KK lives in NJ (granted the other end) - just because he disagrees, doesn't mean doesn't know his shit. I, by the way, agree that the Jets are not a playoff team this year. As was said previously, the offense is shite and with CLE, BUF, JAC, etc. taking steps forward, I don't see the Jets much improved DEF carrying them into a wild card spot (which they will need with the Pats in their division). Oh yeah, you are also the only person who seems to think the Jets will be playoff bound, and the ppl who have posted disagreeing all know their shit football-wise.

Without ruffling your feathers, perhaps your green-coloured shades are affecting your outlook on things - wouldn't be the first time it's happened around here! (myself included - my bias skews my perspective at times as well)

The offense actually is much improved, if Baker comes to camp we have 2 very nice recieving tight ends, we have 2 solid backs, Cotchery and Coles (who NE has had fits with in the past, both of them).

I won't say we will have explosive offense, thats obvious but we do have a pretty solid set of skill players.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM

So you say. :rolleyes:

I do know that Mangini is not the ManGenius that people think/thought he was.
I do know that the Jets blew load last season going what 4-12 after going a whopping 10-6 the season before.
I do know that the Jets will likely cap off at 6 wins this season.
I do know that Clemens needs to be the starter for the team from the beginning of the season, NOT Pennington.
I do know that I have read umpteen articles all stating that Pennington is the odds on favorite to be the starter at the beginning of the season. Most of which came from places like the NY Daily News, NY Times, WFAN, and other New York media sources.
I do know you seem to be blinded by your love affair with the Jets, which is not a bad thing. Its good to cheer for your team in good times and in bad. Same thing goes for Fly and the Raiders.
I do know that I am not a Pats fan or anti-Jets. In fact, I actually do like the Jets. Not so much since Mangini took over. Not a fan of his. Wasn't when he was with the Pats, with the Jets previously, with Baltimore, or Cleveland. I have him in the same category as Norv Turner. Better suited for assistant spots, the being the head honcho.
I do know that there is a lack of big threat offensive playmakers. Cotchery is OK. Coles is fine. Jones is OK. Nothing on that offense, as far as "skilled" positions go make me excited.
I do know I like there defense, but they aren't of the Baltimore/Chicago mold where defense can win you many games.All that said... Feel free to do what you like with my posts or anyone else's posts. If you can find some use for them great, if not and they are useless...so be it. All I do is post the news as I see it, read it, hear it, get it. Take issue with the writer's of the news. The Jets is not the only team I report on. Oh and nice of you to chime in on June 30th on an article posted on June 6th. I applaud your ability to stick with your team thick and thin. I know it is hard cheering for a sub-500 team at times. Stay with them. Your disappointment for this season should ultimately turn around 180 degrees next season.

Have a good day!

dw13
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
So you say. :rolleyes:
I do know that Mangini is not the ManGenius that people think/thought he was.
I do know that the Jets blew load last season going what 4-12 after going a whopping 10-6 the season before.
I do know that the Jets will likely cap off at 6 wins this season.
I do know that Clemens needs to be the starter for the team from the beginning of the season, NOT Pennington.
I do know that I have read umpteen articles all stating that Pennington is the odds on favorite to be the starter at the beginning of the season. Most of which came from places like the NY Daily News, NY Times, WFAN, and other New York media sources.
I do know you seem to be blinded by your love affair with the Jets, which is not a bad thing. Its good to cheer for your team in good times and in bad. Same thing goes for Fly and the Raiders.
I do know that I am not a Pats fan or anti-Jets. In fact, I actually do like the Jets. Not so much since Mangini took over. Not a fan of his. Wasn't when he was with the Pats, with the Jets previously, with Baltimore, or Cleveland. I have him in the same category as Norv Turner. Better suited for assistant spots, the being the head honcho.
I do know that there is a lack of big threat offensive playmakers. Cotchery is OK. Coles is fine. Jones is OK. Nothing on that offense, as far as "skilled" positions go make me excited.
I do know I like there defense, but they aren't of the Baltimore/Chicago mold where defense can win you many games.All that said... Feel free to do what you like with my posts or anyone else's posts. If you can find some use for them great, if not and they are useless...so be it. All I do is post the news as I see it, read it, hear it, get it. Take issue with the writer's of the news. The Jets is not the only team I report on. Oh and nice of you to chime in on June 30th on an article posted on June 6th. I applaud your ability to stick with your team thick and thin. I know it is hard cheering for a sub-500 team at times. Stay with them. Your disappointment for this season should ultimately turn around 180 degrees next season.

Have a good day!

1968 Champions, haven't sniffed since. Hell even Broadway Joe had a losing record here. I've been in Green and White for ever. From Walton to Edwards, Mangini to Kotite, Carroll to Bellicheat.

King_Killah
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
1968 Champions, haven't sniffed since. Hell even Broadway Joe had a losing record here. I've been in Green and White for ever. From Walton to Edwards, Mangini to Kotite, Carroll to Bellicheat.

Rich Kotite..... Wow.... I'm sorry! Hahaha...

dw13
07-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Rich Kotite..... Wow.... I'm sorry! Hahaha...

Talking about dog days :mad:

King_Killah
07-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Talking about dog days :mad:

Yeah...... I remember the bitterness of Eagles fans too when he was there.

dw13
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah...... I remember the bitterness of Eagles fans too when he was there.

I wouldn't mind hurting that guy

King_Killah
07-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Entering his third NFL season, New England's Chad Jackson (http://www.footballguys.com/JackCh00-1.php) is finally healthy and focused, positioned to capitalize on his tantalizing talent, provide the Patriots with another option at receiver, and prove wrong those who have already anointed him Bethel Johnson 2.0, a speedy pass-catcher who plays better in shorts than he does in shoulder pads.
Few Patriots players have as much to gain - or lose - during training camp as Jackson, for whom the Patriots traded up to take with the 36th overall selection in the 2006 draft. In his first two seasons, the former University of Florida standout had 13 receptions for 152 yards and three touchdowns.

"It could be a big year for me," said Jackson. "I hope it is, and I'm going to work hard to make it a big year because I need one."

With Donte Stallworth gone, Jackson is going to battle Jabar Gaffney and Kelley Washington for the 3rd receiver spot. The big question, which has always been his question, will he live up to his potential? Personally I think he is better than Gaffney and Washington, so if he could stay healthy, which the majority of the focus on Moss and Welker, he could have a pretty decent season.

two24four
07-21-2008, 11:35 AM
With Donte Stallworth gone, Jackson is going to battle Jabar Gaffney and Kelley Washington for the 3rd receiver spot. The big question, which has always been his question, will he live up to his potential? Personally I think he is better than Gaffney and Washington, so if he could stay healthy, which the majority of the focus on Moss and Welker, he could have a pretty decent season.

I agree, I also think Jackson is better then both Washington and Gaffney, I really hope he breaks camp as the WR3 on this team, he's got all the skills and speed to do so, now is his time IMO, if only he can just stay healthy, I have been waiting for him to get more playing time for awhile now, I really like this kid.

dw13
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Jackson is a man. I remember watching him at Spring practices at UF and just being absolutely amazed at his skill set. I don't think theres any doubt if healthy he will be their #3 reciever and I think he is alot more scary than Welker.

two24four
07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Jackson is a man. I remember watching him at Spring practices at UF and just being absolutely amazed at his skill set. I don't think theres any doubt if healthy he will be their #3 reciever and I think he is alot more scary than Welker.

I dont know about that just yet, Welker is good at what he does, I dont think anyone is going to bump Welker from the #2 WR spot, Welker dooes alot if things most WR's would never do.

dw13
07-21-2008, 05:18 PM
I dont know about that just yet, Welker is good at what he does, I dont think anyone is going to bump Welker from the #2 WR spot, Welker dooes alot if things most WR's would never do.

I don't really considering Welker a #2, yes maybe stat wise he is the second best WR over there, but he is a slot presence thats it. He will have ALOT bigger of a year this coming year if the other reciever on the outside steps up and makes themselves a presence al la what Stallworth did

two24four
07-21-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't really considering Welker a #2, yes maybe stat wise he is the second best WR over there, but he is a slot presence thats it. He will have ALOT bigger of a year this coming year if the other reciever on the outside steps up and makes themselves a presence al la what Stallworth did

I dont think it had as much to do with Stallworth as some think, it had everything to do with teams having to double up on Moss and worry about him, and they will still need to do that this season again, which means more for Welker again, Welker is the #2 WR on this team, I dont care what anyone says.

looch17
07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I dont think it had as much to do with Stallworth as some think, it had everything to do with teams having to double up on Moss and worry about him, and they will still need to do that this season again, which means more for Welker again, Welker is the #2 WR on this team, I dont care what anyone says.I agree 24. There is no doubt about it. Another year with Randy Moss means another big year for Welker and the Pats.

dw13
07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I dont think it had as much to do with Stallworth as some think, it had everything to do with teams having to double up on Moss and worry about him, and they will still need to do that this season again, which means more for Welker again, Welker is the #2 WR on this team, I dont care what anyone says.

Welker flurishes inside, the double on Moss is over the top. It has to do alot with both ouside recievers helping Welker get inside.

I agree somewhat with what you say, but wouldn't say it was just completely Moss.

dw13
07-21-2008, 09:20 PM
The cheaters pick up another piece of our trash. Clement to go with Hobson!

Snipes16
07-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Couple other things with Jackson....when the Pats traded up with the Packers to grab Jackson at #36, one of the picks Green Bay received back was #53 where they took Greg Jennings.

Jackson 23 is entering his 3rd season with the Pats but is younger than 3 of their draft choices in April. He's a full year younger than one of the corners they selected.

two24four
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
The cheaters pick up another piece of our trash. Clement to go with Hobson!

Say what you want, but come Sept 14th, and Nov 13th, you will be wishing you where a Pats fan ;)

Also dont hurt you neck looking for the Pats in the standings again this season, waaaay up in the standings :D;):p ( I know I used this one before, but I like it, lol)

Like I said before, worst the Pats do this season is 13-3, the only 3 teams that have a chance vs them are SD, Indy and Pitts, I'm not trying to sound cocky here, that's really the only teams I think who have a chance vs the Pats during the Reg season.

two24four
07-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Couple other things with Jackson....when the Pats traded up with the Packers to grab Jackson at #36, one of the picks Green Bay received back was #53 where they took Greg Jennings.

Jackson 23 is entering his 3rd season with the Pats but is younger than 3 of their draft choices in April. He's a full year younger than one of the corners they selected.

I read that as well yesterday....sucks we could have had Jennings, but I still think if healthy Jackson will be just fine as the Pats WR3.

dw13
07-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Say what you want, but come Sept 14th, and Nov 13th, you will be wishing you where a Pats fan ;)

Also dont hurt you neck looking for the Pats in the standings again this season, waaaay up in the standings :D;):p ( I know I used this one before, but I like it, lol)

Like I said before, worst the Pats do this season is 13-3, the only 3 teams that have a chance vs them are SD, Indy and Pitts, I'm not trying to sound cocky here, that's really the only teams I think who have a chance vs the Pats during the Reg season.

You won't cake walk the division games this year. Yes, you will win it but we will see.

Jets fan by the way :rolleyes:

two24four
07-22-2008, 01:30 AM
You won't cake walk the division games this year. Yes, you will win it but we will see.

Jets fan by the way :rolleyes:

This is how I see it this season in the AFC East.

New England- 13-3 (at worst)
Buffalo- 9-7
New York Jets- 6-10
Miami- 5-11 ( at best)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-22-2008, 09:50 AM
On paper the Cheatriots probably have the easiest schedule in the NFL next season. I hate that team more than anybody but they should own that weak ass division once again and cake walk their way into the playoffs. All I can hope is that they lose one early on so we aren't faced with constant perfect season coverage again. I really hated watching NFL network suck on Brady and Belicheats balls for 90% of last season.. then again watching those fucks take 18 wins followed by one GIANT choke was pretty fucking spectacular. I couldn't have written that script better myself. :D

dw13
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
We will win 8 games at the least. (Jets)

two24four
07-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Good news, Pats signed 1st round pick (10th overall) LB Jerod Mayo today.

They also signed 2nd round pick CB Terrence Wheatley yesterday, as well as 3rd round picks LB Shawn Crable and QB Kevin O'Connell.

looch17
07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Good news indeed. I saw today that Welker is on the PUP list. Whats up with that?

two24four
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Good news indeed. I saw today that Welker is on the PUP list. Whats up with that?

I think I heard it's something to do with his hammy..... lot of big names are on the PUP list for day one, Welker, Harrison, Hobbs, Kaczur, Neal, Vrabel, but I dont think it's anything to worry about right now, just guys resting a few small injury's not wanting to risk it even more this early on in camp.

Sounds like Maroney was the best player on there today.

looch17
07-25-2008, 05:50 AM
I think I heard it's something to do with his hammy..... lot of big names are on the PUP list for day one, Welker, Harrison, Hobbs, Kaczur, Neal, Vrabel, but I dont think it's anything to worry about right now, just guys resting a few small injury's not wanting to risk it even more this early on in camp.

Sounds like Maroney was the best player on there today.Good to hear its just minor injuries. Thanks for the update 24.

Snipes16
07-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Anybody else thinking Matt Cassel is toast as the backup? Last we saw of ol Matt he was mopping up against the Dolphins and the next thing ya know Bill is sending Brady back in for the final 5 minutes to finish it out because BB had no faith in Matt finishing the job.

Now they use a 3rd rounder on O'Connell so you know he's making the team. I'm betting they keep Guttierrz over Cassel at the end of camp.

two24four
07-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Anybody else thinking Matt Cassel is toast as the backup? Last we saw of ol Matt he was mopping up against the Dolphins and the next thing ya know Bill is sending Brady back in for the final 5 minutes to finish it out because BB had no faith in Matt finishing the job.

Now they use a 3rd rounder on O'Connell so you know he's making the team. I'm betting they keep Guttierrz over Cassel at the end of camp.

I was thinking about this just yesterday as well, I also think Cassel will be gone real soon, I really like this O'Connell kid, seems like he could be a good backup for Brady for a few years, then who know's maybe take over for Brady once he's done......not only can the kid throw, but he can run pretty good as well.

Spartan
07-31-2008, 12:23 PM
This guy tapes everything.

http://deadspin.com/5031384/theres-a-bill-belichick-sex-tape-merciful-jesus-anoint-my-eyes-with-clorox

Hold on for this one: I heard from someone who is close to the case that there is a sex tape of Bill Belichick banging the married woman he had an affair with. I shit you not. The husband who is suing that woman for being unfaithful to him has a tape of his wife and Belichick screwing while the two of them were still married. Belichick is a very powerful man so I imagine he's doing everything in his power to squash this from getting out but it could only be a matter of time. A part of me doesn't want to see it but another part of me can't help but be intrigued.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Upset me? I'm a competitor, Faulk said yesterday at Gillette Stadium when asked about the impact that the acquisition of LaMont Jordan (http://www.footballguys.com/JordLa00-1.php) could have on the Patriots [team stats] running back situation. Whatever the team does is in the best interest of the team. You just have to stay focused on what you're doing.

Kevin Faulk is often taken as a later round flyer especially in points per reception leagues. I don't see Jordan doing anything to jeopardize Faulk's value in that aspect.

Spartan
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Thats better, there were two NE Patriots threads going...I fixed it.

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Thats better, there were two NE Patriots threads going...I fixed it.

There were actually four or five... I just clicked the first one I saw. Thanks for fixing it!

looch17
08-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Kevin Faulk is often taken as a later round flyer especially in points per reception leagues. I don't see Jordan doing anything to jeopardize Faulk's value in that aspect.I hope not as a Maroney owner.;)

King_Killah
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
There was an anxious moment during practice, when QB Tom Brady (http://www.footballguys.com/BradTo00-1.php) came up limping noticeably. He continued the next play, but clearly was having difficulty with his left leg, and eventually stopped.

Trainer Jim Whalen came over, and Brady pointed down by his calf area. He stayed out of a number of drills after that, before returning toward the end of practice. He did run with the team at the end, so it doesn’t appear to be anything serious, but something to keep an eye on.

Probably a little acting in front of the cameras, but if it turns out to be anything serious, we'll know soon enough.

two24four
08-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Sounds like the Pats are close to signing S John Lynch.

looch17
08-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Sounds like the Pats are close to signing S John Lynch.Hope so that would be a great move.

eff1ngham
08-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I thought they already signed him. I loved watching him play here and wish him the best in NE

looch17
08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought they already signed him. I loved watching him play here and wish him the best in NEYeah I have always been a fan of Lynch. Pretty happy to have him on the Pats.

King_Killah
08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Brady throwing...

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (http://www.footballguys.com/BradTo00-1.php) was spotted on the practice field today throwing passes to a receiver. Brady did not appear to be wearing anything on either foot, according to Young. In other news, WR Kelley Washington (http://www.footballguys.com/WashKe00-1.php), CB Jonathan Wilhite, CB Lewis Sanders, RB LaMont Jordan (http://www.footballguys.com/JordLa00-1.php), S Rodney Harrison and LB Adalius Thomas were back on the field.

I love all the secrecy and mysteriousness with Brady... Is he hurt? Isn't he? One day he'll limp. Then next run a marathon.

looch17
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Brady throwing...

I love all the secrecy and mysteriousness with Brady... Is he hurt? Isn't he? One day he'll limp. Then next run a marathon.Then the next day he will win a Super Bowl.:D

two24four
08-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not worried, Brady will be ready for KC week 1, which is all that matters right now.

eff1ngham
08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Hasn't Brady been on the injury report every week for like 5 years? I was pretty sure that was just standard proceedure

Snipes16
08-23-2008, 10:19 AM
What the hell is Bill thinking last night having Welker returning punts?

Of course he gets pummeled and is crawling around on all 4's with a rib problem now.

He shouldn't even be returning punts period this year. He'll take more than his share of shots like he did last year just on his 100 catches. Now, yer gonna expose him to those nuts on special teams trying to kill him every time down.

Cmon, Bill....ferchrisakes

dw13
08-23-2008, 11:49 AM
What the hell is Bill thinking last night having Welker returning punts?

Of course he gets pummeled and is crawling around on all 4's with a rib problem now.

He shouldn't even be returning punts period this year. He'll take more than his share of shots like he did last year just on his 100 catches. Now, yer gonna expose him to those nuts on special teams trying to kill him every time down.

Cmon, Bill....ferchrisakes

Bill's one of the few coaches that can take credit in folding up a Franchise.

looch17
08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I didnt see how Welker got hurt, just heard about it. I have to say that I am very surprised to see him returning kicks. Not sure what BB was thinking when he made that call. I hope Wes is alright.

Kyle
08-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow, I don't think people are gonna realize just how significant of a blow this will be to New England's offense. Everybody knows Walker is some guy who gets huge amounts of catches because of the coverage focus on Moss, but people really don't realize how essential he is to that offense's productivity. He is the golden boy on 3rd downs, the guy you can always count on for that 5-8 yd gain. Without him, NE punts a lot more, and has to play a lot more defense.

I have no clue about the injury, but this is a pretty epic fuckup by BB if it has him missing any gametime or playing anything less than 100%. This is really bad for the offense's efficiency.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-23-2008, 03:51 PM
wow. BB is proving to his own fans what a douche bag he really is :D :p

gotta agree w/kyle.. if Welker were to miss any significant time in the regular season it is indeed a huge blow.

On another note, the first team defense of NE looked like shit against Philly's first team offense. Specials teams coach can't be too happy about letting up 2 run backs either. Who the hell is that Jackson kid? Can't talk much about NE offense b/c without Brady the offense is immensely downgraded.

two24four
08-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Wes Welker was seen in the Patriots locker room on Monday after leaving Friday's exhibition game with a "rib" injury.

He wouldn't speak with reporters, which is typical of "injured" Patriots, but this is a positive sign nonetheless. Welker's injury doesn't appear serious.
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/sights_sounds_f.html)
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

This sounds good, thank god, I doubt he plays in Thursday's last pre-season game, (most starters for any team dont play much, if at all in the last pre-season game) which is just fine with me, but will be ready for week 1 vs KC.

Edit: more good news........

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
Tom Brady said on WEEI on Monday that he expects to be ready for the season opener.

Brady said he's hoping to make an appearance in Thursday's preseason finale against the Giants, and "then we'll see what happens when we play KC." The Patriots are likely just being cautious with their star, and he should be fine for Week 1.
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/tom_brady_on_we.html)

dw13
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Nothin' new with Shady Brady and Bill Bellicheat!

looch17
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Wes Welker was seen in the Patriots locker room on Monday after leaving Friday's exhibition game with a "rib" injury.

He wouldn't speak with reporters, which is typical of "injured" Patriots, but this is a positive sign nonetheless. Welker's injury doesn't appear serious.
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/sights_sounds_f.html)
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

This sounds good, thank god, I doubt he plays in Thursday's last pre-season game, (most starters for any team dont play much, if at all in the last pre-season game) which is just fine with me, but will be ready for week 1 vs KC.

Edit: more good news........

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
Tom Brady said on WEEI on Monday that he expects to be ready for the season opener.

Brady said he's hoping to make an appearance in Thursday's preseason finale against the Giants, and "then we'll see what happens when we play KC." The Patriots are likely just being cautious with their star, and he should be fine for Week 1.
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/tom_brady_on_we.html)Great news 24!

King_Killah
08-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Tom Brady (http://www.footballguys.com/BradTo00-1.php) says he'll be ready for the New England Patriots opener even if a foot injury keeps him from taking a single snap in exhibition games.
Last season's NFL MVP sat out the first three games and plans to tell coach Bill Belichick he's "feeling great" in hopes of playing in Thursday night's final exhibition game at the New York Giants, the team that ruined the Patriots' unbeaten season by beating them in the Super Bowl.

"I'm hoping I'm always out there," Brady said Monday on his regular weekly appearance on WEEI radio, "and if I don't play, I'll be ready for Kansas City (Regular season Opener)."

I am sure Brady is feeling great.

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Another Brady no-show to practice...

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (http://www.footballguys.com/BradTo00-1.php), who wasn't seen at practice Tuesday and wasn't introduced at the team's Kickoff Gala at Gillette Stadium Tuesday night, is apparently on the West Coast.
In a taped video message, Brady said he could not be at the gala because he had to attend to a personal matter. After the video, emcee Rich Eisen said Brady was on the West Coast. It should be noted that Brady's son, John, celebrated his first birthday last Friday.

But don't be concerned!

King_Killah
08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
:lol::lol: -- God I love this...

A pair of crutches seen outside QB Tom Brady (http://www.footballguys.com/BradTo00-1.php)'s locker yesterday has not yet been explained by team officials, but Boston.com's Christopher Gasper speculates that the crutches may have been a practical joke. Brady was not at practice yesterday and will likely not play in the team's final preseason game tomorrow night against the New York Giants. Gasper also reports that ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Monday night that Brady has a deep bone bruise on the right foot.

two24four
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
:lol::lol: -- God I love this...

haha, yeah I read that yesterday, good stuff :lol:

looch17
08-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Haha thats great.:lol:

dw13
08-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Incredibly stupid.

September 14.

two24four
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Incredibly stupid.

September 14.

Why is it stupid? it's called having fun.......

ahhh yes, September 14, the day Favre will be wishing he never came to the AFC east ;):D

dw13
08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Why is it stupid? it's called having fun.......

ahhh yes, September 14, the day Favre will be wishing he never came to the AFC east ;):D

Because he will have media surrounding him like crazy after the W at the 'Lands

King_Killah
08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Because he will have media surrounding him like crazy after the 37 point loss at the 'Lands

I fixed your post. This is what you meant to say. NY Jets = no shot vs. the Patriots, Favre or no Favre. Sorry...it isn't happening. Dude, you are setting yourself up for big disappointment.

dw13
08-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I fixed your post. This is what you meant to say. NY Jets = no shot vs. the Patriots, Favre or no Favre. Sorry...it isn't happening. Dude, you are setting yourself up for big disappointment.

I'm not setting myself up for a big anything. If we lose, we lose. We had no shot to go to NE and win 2 years ago either, but it happend.

FlyGuy78
08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm not setting myself up for a big anything. If we lose, we lose. We had no shot to go to NE and win 2 years ago either, but it happend.

what happened 2 years ago was 2 years ago. The Raiders almost beat the Patriots in the playoffs 5 years ago, so does that mean we have a chance of beating them this year?? :rolleyes:

dw13
08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
what happened 2 years ago was 2 years ago. The Raiders almost beat the Patriots in the playoffs 5 years ago, so does that mean we have a chance of beating them this year?? :rolleyes:

No because the Raiders are absolutely horrible.

FlyGuy78
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Open your eyes man, the Jets are horrible too!! ;)

dw13
08-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Open your eyes man, the Jets are horrible too!! ;)

What part of the team is horrible?

Edit: You pick out from this which is the horrible part.

Start in the Trenches:

O-Line: Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody (4 Former first round draft picks that looked like the Great Wall vs. the Giants)

D-Line: Kenyon Coleman, Kris Jenkins, Shaun Ellis

LB: Thomas, Harris, Barton, Pace

DB: Revis, Rhodes, Smith, Lowery/Miller

RB's: Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Jesse Chatman

QB's: Brett Favre, Brett Ratliff, Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge

FB: Tony Richardson

ST: Leon, Miller, Lowery and the best ST Coordinator in the past decade is back. Westhoff.

FlyGuy78
08-28-2008, 03:48 PM
the part that went 4-12 last year, which is basically everything but Brett Favre!!

dw13
08-28-2008, 03:54 PM
the part that went 4-12 last year, which is basically everything but Brett Favre!!

You couldn't be more wrong. Which exactly proves my point about YOU not knowing the Jets.

Last year, I'll start once again with the trenches.

Robertson was our NT in the 3-4, completely undersized and not good at the 3-4. He was lifted in favor of Kris Jenkins who has been a man, and is playing at close to 340 pounds. Can take on 2-3 gaps, like an NT does.

O-Line, last year we had Clement and Clarke who are no longer in the NFL. (Clement was brought in by the Patriots for info then IR'd for the year). Now we have an all pro LG playing next to two, possible pro bowlers in Mangold and Brick.

At LB, we started with Vilma and Hobson, to go with Thomas and Barton. Now its Harris, Pace, Thomas, Barton. Harris, who many have already called a top3 MLB in the league will be huge again this year. As well as Pace, who is already showing his athleticism in the 3-4.

Our Secondary is the weakest part of this team, but remember Revis showed huge strides and should be in shape to be a complete shutdown corner as early as next year. Rhodes, obviously everyone knows, top5 safety in the league (I'll take him #1, but I'm a Jet)

That's all w/o Favre, as I have stated before I thought this team was a 9, possibly 10 win team without him. Could be 11 with him.

Oughta be a fun season for the Jets!

FlyGuy78
08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Oughta be a fun season for the Jets!

It is fun when you know your team is going to have a Top 10 pick again!!! :D

dw13
08-28-2008, 03:58 PM
It is fun when you know your team is going to have a Top 10 pick again!!! :D

More fun when you are obviously clueless! Atleast KK can argue his point!

FlyGuy78
08-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I have no need to argue a point that is obvious. All you said looks good on paper, but paper doesn't win you games, it's how you play on the field. Are the Jets better than last year, a little, due mostly to Brett Favre being here. But they still have to play the Pats twice a year (that's two losses), the Bills are a much better team this year, and even the Dolphins are a better team this year.

Don't worry, I still think you will have a better record that the Phins, but probably not the Bills and most definitely not the Pats. At best you will be a .500 team this year, but sorry, no playoffs.

two24four
08-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Patriots released S John Lynch.

Lynch, 37, exhibited reduced speed in the preseason and may not resurface. The Pats will go with Brandon Meriweather as their primary backup safety.
Source: Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2008/08/31/more-surprises-lynch-gone/)

two24four
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Patriots waived WR Chad Jackson.

Continuing a long line of Florida receiver busts. Jackson had all the ability in the world, but in his third season couldn't beat out journeyman Jabar Gaffney, ironically also from Florida. The 36th pick overall in 2006 wound up giving New England just four total catches. Because of his talent, Jackson will get another shot.
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/source_chad_jac.html)

dw13
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Patriots released S John Lynch.

Lynch, 37, exhibited reduced speed in the preseason and may not resurface. The Pats will go with Brandon Meriweather as their primary backup safety.
Source: Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2008/08/31/more-surprises-lynch-gone/)

You guys must be shocked.

two24four
08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
You guys must be shocked.

No not really, from everything I read he was just doing ok in camp, not great.

dw13
08-31-2008, 04:17 PM
No not really, from everything I read he was just doing ok in camp, not great.

Was being sarcastic cause you guys were overly hyped on here when he signed :D

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Was being sarcastic cause you guys were overly hyped on here when he signed :D

Really???? There was three posts on him... Post #83 from 2/4 saying that Lynch was close to signing, post #85 from Eff1ngham saying he thought he already did sign, and post #86 from Soty saying he was always a fan and is glad to have him. If that is overly hyped, I now understand why you are thinking so highly of the Jets season this year! ;):lol:

dw13
08-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Really???? There was three posts on him... Post #83 from 2/4 saying that Lynch was close to signing, post #85 from Eff1ngham saying he thought he already did sign, and post #86 from Soty saying he was always a fan and is glad to have him. If that is overly hyped, I now understand why you are thinking so highly of the Jets season this year! ;):lol:

If I remember right it was called a "great move" by someone on this board.

You make me strongly consider not looking at anything but hockey on this board at times.

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 08:55 PM
If I remember right it was called a "great move" by someone on this board.

You make me strongly consider not looking at anything but hockey on this board at times.

Go through the thread yourself... There are three posts. It may have been discussed elsewhere, but not in this thread as you mentioned.

dw13
08-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Hope so that would be a great move.

????????????

King_Killah
08-31-2008, 09:04 PM
????????????

Awesome..... So once again, this is what overly hyped is? :D

looch17
09-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah after seeing him play this preseason he is not worth the spot. I was hoping he could come in and alternate with someone, but he doesnt even seem like he is worth alternating anymore. Too bad it would have a been a good guy to have to help out with some of our younger d guys. Oh well just glad that the season is almost here. Go Pats!

two24four
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Patriots signed CB Deltha O'Neal and waived TE Stephen Spach.

O'Neal, 31, gives New England a punt return option and a "proven" label, but the last time the Pats tried a washed up Bengals DB (Tory James) it didn't go well. Don't look for O'Neal to start. Spach was more than expendable.
Related: Stephen Spach (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3500)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Brady Limps off field after a nasty hit. I'm hearing a knee.. but we all know he really busted his vagina.

Not many details yet, grab Cassels for safety in fantasy.

mrtybrodur30
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
i think its clear to say the jets now have a massive advantage at qb over the pats when they meet lol

dw13
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
i think its clear to say the jets now have a massive advantage at qb over the pats when they meet lol

Give it 5 minutes and either, KK, FlyGuy or Bonger will argue that Cassel is much, much better than Jet Favre.

FlyGuy78
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Give it 5 minutes and either, KK, FlyGuy or Bonger will argue that Cassel is much, much better than Jet Favre.

you won't get that argument out of me. my vote is for Favra!!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM

:nono: That's just crazy talk.

King_Killah
09-08-2008, 08:08 AM

Now why would KK, Fly, or Sponge say that??? Top three QBs on KK's list are Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Tom Brady. Just because I don't think the Jets are going to do much doesn't mean I don't like Brett Favre.

FlyGuy78
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
It's official: Brady's done for '08
(javascript:void(0);)
Tom Brady, QB NE

News: The Patriots have confirmed Monday that QB Tom Brady (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187741) will miss the 2008 season with season-ending knee surgery. "After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187741)'s left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery. He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season," the team said in a statement. Brady was hit by Chiefs DB Bernard Pollard (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/418839) and fell to the ground awkwardly. Before the injury, Brady had completed 7-of-11 passes for 76 yards. Matt Cassel (http://dav.football.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552470) will start for the club for the rest of the year.

dw13
09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I can't believe I haven't posted this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I can't believe I haven't posted this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

:beer: :beer: :beer:

two24four
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Go Pats Go !!!! 2-0.

Nice game today, loved the sack Thomas had today taking down both Favre and Washington haha.

Next up, Miami.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Go Pats Go !!!! 2-0.

Nice game today, loved the sack Thomas had today taking down both Favre and Washington haha.

Next up, Miami.

3-0

lol

looch17
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Go Pats Go !!!! 2-0.

Next up, Miami.Haha yeah that was freakin sweet. Go Pats!!!

3-0

lol:lol:

two24four
09-14-2008, 11:10 PM
3-0

lol

haha, yeah then we get our bye week, then come back to play SF.

King_Killah
09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
haha, yeah then we get our bye week, then come back to play SF.

Well on their way to 16-0.

dw13
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM

:lol::lol:

two24four
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM

I wish, I think 11-5 or 10-6 could still happen, maybe even 12-4, like I have said before, we get MIA x2, OAK, SF, STL, SEA, and I think we beat the Jets at home week 11, I also think we take at least one from BUF, and who know's what will be going on with SD when we play them week 6, and Indy is not the same team with Manning only being at about 50% (his words) and now losing Bob Sanders for 4-6 weeks, NE plays Indy in what would be his 7th week out, or his 1st game back, so who know's how Indy will be.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
No doubt that NE should have a decent enough regular season with their schedule but I really don't see them doing much in the playoffs behind Matt Cassel.

Even if Cassel somehow put together a Roethlisberger-esque Rookie season... Even making the AFC Championship is a real long shot... in my humble opinion.

looch17
09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I wish, I think 11-5 or 10-6 could still happen, maybe even 12-4, like I have said before, we get MIA x2, OAK, SF, STL, SEA, and I think we beat the Jets at home week 11, I also think we take at least one from BUF, and who know's what will be going on with SD when we play them week 6, and Indy is not the same team with Manning only being at about 50% (his words) and now losing Bob Sanders for 4-6 weeks, NE plays Indy in what would be his 7th week out, or his 1st game back, so who know's how Indy will be.Well said 24. We have a lot of very win able games left, so I like our chances to finish strong too. Go Pats!

King_Killah
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
:lol::lol:

You laugh yet they weren't supposed to be NYJ.

dw13
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
You laugh yet they weren't supposed to be NYJ.

But yet you called the Jets trashy, so big deal. They are 2-0. WOO!

King_Killah
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
But yet you called the Jets trashy, so big deal. They are 2-0. WOO!

Trashy? I said that? Haha... I do think they are a 6-10 team, 8-8 tops... But trashy??? Hmmm...

I am still sticking with my end of season thoughts in that New England will be 16-0 again this season. Of course, Brady going down hurts thoses chances big time, but the rest of the team is still there around Cassel. It'll be tough, but 3-0 should happen this week...go off on a bye, then come back to San Francisco and 5-0 is pretty imminent.

FlyGuy78
09-18-2008, 05:11 PM
i don't think they go perfect without brady. they do have a very easy schedule but there are a few games they could lose and I think they do. I see at worst 14-2 for the Pats. When it comes to the playoffs though, Cassel better show more than what he has so far or I don't think they make it past their first game.

King_Killah
09-18-2008, 05:15 PM
i don't think they go perfect without brady. they do have a very easy schedule but there are a few games they could lose and I think they do. I see at worst 14-2 for the Pats. When it comes to the playoffs though, Cassel better show more than what he has so far or I don't think they make it past their first game.

14-2 is a very, very solid season... If they go 16-0 or even 14-2, they'll have a 1st round bye. Cassel has to do something to get through the post season, but the team around him is still good enough to run their schedule.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Trashy? I said that? Haha... I do think they are a 6-10 team, 8-8 tops... But trashy??? Hmmm...

I am still sticking with my end of season thoughts in that New England will be 16-0 again this season. Of course, Brady going down hurts thoses chances big time, but the rest of the team is still there around Cassel. It'll be tough, but 3-0 should happen this week...go off on a bye, then come back to San Francisco and 5-0 is pretty imminent.

I dunno killah.. I hear my man Joey Porter was yappin his big ole mouth down in Phin town with a guarantee for a big explosion on cassel and a win this weekend :lol:

King_Killah
09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I dunno killah.. I hear my man Joey Porter was yappin his big ole mouth down in Phin town with a guarantee for a big explosion on cassel and a win this weekend :lol:

Porter always yaps, so this is nothing new... I have to stick with the Pats going 16-0, but I did also say that the Phins would go 8-8, and they are at least one win behind since I thought they would take care of the Jets opening week. Finishing 8-8 after starting 0-3 will be a difficult task, but not impossible like trying to go 16-0 after losing a week. So, I'll stick with the Pats this week, and work on a Phins run to get back to .500 starting next week.

And yes... Even with Brady out and Cassel in, if the Phins were to win, it would be a huge boost for that team.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Porter always yaps, so this is nothing new... I have to stick with the Pats going 16-0, but I did also say that the Phins would go 8-8, and they are at least one win behind since I thought they would take care of the Jets opening week. Finishing 8-8 after starting 0-3 will be a difficult task, but not impossible like trying to go 16-0 after losing a week. So, I'll stick with the Pats this week, and work on a Phins run to get back to .500 starting next week.

And yes... Even with Brady out and Cassel in, if the Phins were to win, it would be a huge boost for that team.

wow dolphins are spanking at the half... love it

dw13
09-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah.. Matt Cassel has what it takes to be a 12 game winner!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
karma is a bitch

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Isn't it odd when Joey Porter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4723/) is dead-on right? This was Porter's assessment of the Patriots (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/690997.html) earlier in the week:

"If it's not Tom Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/), it shouldn't be that hard."
Apparently not. Porter had three of the Dolphins' four sacks.

phaneuf6
09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
hahahhahaha. Ronnie Brownnnn!

Hawkeye
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
HAHA... Twofour must have a rope around his neck after getting spanked by the fish :lol:

dw13
09-21-2008, 07:09 PM
HAHA... Twofour must have a rope around his neck after getting spanked by the fish :lol:

I'm sure they will come back and say something like "it was just one loss" or "we are still 2-1" or "we don't have brady"

King_Killah
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm sure they will come back and say something like "it was just one loss" or "we are still 2-1" or "we don't have brady"

Well you are right, it is just one loss and they are still 2-1, and they don't have Brady. Very observant.

I have to say that I am shocked at the beatdown handed to New England. I thought it would be close, hence why I didn't take that at Patriots -13. I still stick to my guns with the Phins going 8-8.

Ronnie Brown OWNED the Patriots! Holy f*ck! 4 rushing TD, 1 passing TD. They should have gotten him a receiving TD also, and while they were at it they could have let him try for an XP.

Snipes16
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others is a tremendous human trait...didn't George Costanza's girlfriend try to have him commited for the same exact thing? ha.

Patriot Haters Trifecta..

Gold - Marshall Faulk
Silver - Spongebath
Bronze - DaWeiner

Keep up the good work

dw13
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others is a tremendous human trait...didn't George Costanza's girlfriend try to have him commited for the same exact thing? ha.

Gold - Marshall Faulk
Silver - Spongebath
Bronze - DaWeiner

Keep up the good work

Keep up not knowing a thing about your sports up there buddy.

Bay > Manny still?

looch17
09-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Well you are right, it is just one loss and they are still 2-1, and they don't have Brady. Very observant.

I have to say that I am shocked at the beatdown handed to New England. I thought it would be close, hence why I didn't take that at Patriots -13. I still stick to my guns with the Phins going 8-8.

Ronnie Brown OWNED the Patriots! Holy f*ck! 4 rushing TD, 1 passing TD. They should have gotten him a receiving TD also, and while they were at it they could have let him try for an XP.Yeah I am not too worried. It was just "one game." We were obviously not going to 16-0 this year, so I expect a few surprises here and there. Its all good. BB will use the bye week to fix things and get ready for the Niners. I cant speak for 24, but no panic here. Its part of football...you win some, you lose some.

Snipes16
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Keep up not knowing a thing about your sports up there buddy.

Bay > Manny still?

Ahh, cmon sweetie...you aren't still embarrased over saying that was a bad trade for Boston are you?

Dont worry because your Jets have it coming to them tommorrow night :beer:

dw13
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Ahh, cmon sweetie...you aren't still embarrased over saying that was a bad trade for Boston are you?

Dont worry because your Jets have it coming to them tommorrow night :beer:

Dont worry because your Pats got cleaned out by the Phins today.

You give all Boston/NE fans the pissy name they deserve. Atleast 24, soty, and most of the others on here can argue a point.

Get away.

two24four
09-21-2008, 08:24 PM
No I'm fine, sure it sucked ass not going to lie, but it's true, it is only one game, it's week 3, nothing to get to up set over yet, I said even before the season started (so that's when Brady was still playing) that they would not win every game this season, sure I did not see them losing to Miami, just means they need to be even more ready for teams like SF, OAK etc.....coming up.....bye week coming up next week, time to fix what happend before the next game in two weeks, and get win #3, no reason to hit the panic button at all IMO, you win some, you lose some.

Miami was the better team today, I can say it, I'm not a poor loser, good for them.

dawinna13 you do crack me up though, I will remeber this everytime the Jets lose.

dw13
09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
No I'm fine, sure it sucked ass not going to lie, but it's true, it is only one game, it's week 3, nothing to get to up set over yet, I said even before the season started (so that's when Brady was still playing) that they would not win every game this season, sure I did not see them losing to Miami, just means they need to be even more ready for teams like SF, OAK etc.....coming up.....bye week coming up next week, time to fix what happend before the next game in two weeks, and get win #3, no reason to hit the panic button at all IMO, you win some, you lose some.

Miami was the better team today, I can say it, I'm not a poor loser, good for them.

dawinna13 you do crack me up though, I will remeber this everytime the Jets lose.

Oh sorry, I forgot you guys don't ride my ass when the Jets loose. Oh please. Just because you lost to the Phins and I said they cleaned you like they did your want to get bitter? I was telling Snipes hes an idiot... You know I have respect for you.

dw13
09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Cmon Daweiner, there isn't a bigger tool on this forum than you.

Good Lord

Ha. Later big guy. Try coming back with an arguement next time.

NVM, tossing you on ignore list.

24, I still respect your posts by the way. I mean no beef with you.

two24four
09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Ha. Later big guy. Try coming back with an arguement next time.

NVM, tossing you on ignore list.

24, I still respect your posts by the way. I mean no beef with you.

Cool, I respect your posts as well, like I have said before, I have nothing wrong with you, there is only two posters on here I dont really like that I can think of, but I will not name them, and no they are not in this thread.

All I was saying before is I will remember this everytime the Jets lose, as in we are in the same divsion, you should not like the Pats as I should not like the Jets, it's all in good fun.

Must say I did enjoy seening Indy lose again today though.;):D

Tomorrow nights game is a tough one for me, I dont like SD or the Jets, so it will be bitter sweet for me I guess tomorrow night, I just hope they beat the hell out of each other :D

dw13
09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Cool, I respect your posts as well, like I have said before, I have nothing wrong with you, there is only two posters on here I dont really like that I can think of, but I will not name them, and no they are not in this thread.

All I was saying before is I will remember this everytime the Jets lose, as in we are in the same divsion, you should not like the Pats as I should not like the Jets, it's all in good fun.

Must say I did enjoy seening Indy lose again today though.;):D

Tomorrow nights game is a tough one for me, I dont like SD or the Jets, so it will be bitter sweet for me I guess tomorrow night, I just hope they beat the hell out of each other :D

I was hoping the Raiders held on... alot of big losses, and if the Jets can actually win a big game... we will be in nice position with our schedule and record to this point.

looch17
09-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Must say I did enjoy seening Indy lose again today though.;):D:yes:

Hawkeye
09-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I think I might be one of those dudes Twofour dislikes :D

And I do agree that its only one game and you guys shouldn't worry, it was the WAY they lost... damn, I never thought Miami had it in them.

Its like they were toying with the Pats with the talkshit and the gadget plays.... you'd never think these teams were on opposite ends last year.

I really am just teasing you guys because I love the fact that my Bills are 3-0!!!

two24four
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I think I might be one of those dudes Twofour dislikes :D

Guess you missed this part from what I said....

"there is only two posters on here I dont really like that I can think of, but I will not name them, and no they are not in this thread."

Last I checked you are in this thread.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-22-2008, 12:23 AM

Gold - Marshall Faulk
Silver - Spongebath
Bronze - DaWeiner

Keep up the good work

I resent this silver placing.... Even though the cheating ways of NE screwed over the Rams too, Faulk has nothing on me.

King_Killah
09-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I resent this silver placing.... Even though the cheating ways of NE screwed over the Rams too, Faulk has nothing on me.

I agree..... Sponge has to be the biggest NEP hater of them all...

And I do agree that its only one game and you guys shouldn't worry, it was the WAY they lost... damn, I never thought Miami had it in them.

Its like they were toying with the Pats with the talkshit and the gadget plays.... you'd never think these teams were on opposite ends last year.

I really am just teasing you guys because I love the fact that my Bills are 3-0!!!

...and I have to say, that I am not in the least bit surprised about either Miami or Buffalo. When they brought in Parcells last season, that moment I said the Phins would be 8-8 this year. I thought the Phins team we saw yesterday at the Patriots would have been the one we would have seen in week one vs. the Jets. And the Bills = most improved team in the division as a whole.

Can't wait for the MNF game tonight...

two24four
10-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Nice win today 30-21 over SF after the bye week, I will take that, now 3-1 on the season, Buffalo losing there 1st of the season makes it even better.

Cassell looked off at times, but at other times he also looked good, at least now we all know he can throw the long bombs to Moss when he has too......for the most part they played well today, after playing like shit vs Miami two weeks ago, other then Harrison's little f-up on the 2nd SF TD, not sure what he was doing leaving him man (Bruce) wide open like that for.

Bring on SD next week.

two24four
10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Maroney's season is now over as well :(

Some good news though, Neal is coming back, he should help the O-Line.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654366

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Maroney's season is now over as well :(

Some good news though, Neal is coming back, he should help the O-Line.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654366

He's over rated anyway... I've never seen much good out of him as a RB?

Am I missing something, or is he just always injured?

Also, I heard Brady had a "2nd" procedure on his bum knee due to infection. Bummer... :D

two24four
10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Awesome game tonight by the Pats tonight, by far there best game this season, other then the 6 sacks against.

Morris was running all over DEN till he got hurt, hope he's not hurt bad, same for Harrison, but his injury looked bad.

Huge win as we are now 4-2 and keep pace with Buffalo who is 1st in the east at 5-1.

looch17
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Awesome game tonight by the Pats tonight, by far there best game this season, other then the 6 sacks against.

Morris was running all over DEN till he got hurt, hope he's not hurt bad, same for Harrison, but his injury looked bad.

Huge win as we are now 4-2 and keep pace with Buffalo who is 1st in the east at 5-1.That's the Pats we know right there! Great game tonight for everyone. Lets hope this will spark the team and get us on a roll. Losing Rodney really hurts though. I agree that injury did not look good. You could tell by the look on his face alone that it could be his last game this year, maybe ever. Hopefully not, but it just doesn't look good. As for Morris...great, great game. Lets hope that he is ok as well. My guess is that they didn't want to risk him going out with such a big lead. Hopefully he will be ready to next week. Go Pats!!!

Dubz
10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Of course I had the week won....without the services of Randy, Wes and the DEF. I hope they show up sometime when I really need them.

Good Luck Pats fans.....Nice to see adversity

Kyle
10-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Against the Broncos defense, sooooo impressive. :rolleyes:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't go counting on this lighting any sort of spark. The Denver defense is an utter joke. It still remains to be determined if this Pats team is a serious contender this year or not, and dominating the Broncos doesn't prove that.

two24four
10-20-2008, 11:16 PM
A win is a win, know one said we are going right to the SB after this game, it's just nice to keep up with Buffalo right now.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Against the Broncos defense, sooooo impressive. :rolleyes:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't go counting on this lighting any sort of spark. The Denver defense is an utter joke. It still remains to be determined if this Pats team is a serious contender this year or not, and dominating the Broncos doesn't prove that.

Seriously?

Kyle
10-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Seriously?

I'm out of the loop on Brady's status, but as long as hes gone, I don't take the team too seriously. They haven't been particularly impressive. Go figure Moss wakes up against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Again, I'm not counting them out at all, but I'm nowhere near convinced. Espicially with their joke schedule.

dw13
10-21-2008, 12:33 AM
I like what the Pats did tonight but I was impressed with the O. I've been impressed all year with that defense honestly. When Green-Ellis goes for 60+ against ANY team, you know the defense is bad. Dude was flat out horrid at Ole Miss.

Once again, impressive defensive effort by the Pats. Schemed so well week in and week out.

King_Killah
10-21-2008, 07:52 AM
He's over rated anyway... I've never seen much good out of him as a RB?

Am I missing something, or is he just always injured?

Also, I heard Brady had a "2nd" procedure on his bum knee due to infection. Bummer... :D

Yeah Brady had a second surgery done I guess a week and a half ago or so.

As far as Maroney goes. He actually is a pretty solid back. Unfortunately for him two things happened. He landed on a team that passes a ton. And he landed on a team that uses multiple backs. If he was somewhere else, you would notice him more.

looch17
10-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah Brady had a second surgery done I guess a week and a half ago or so.

As far as Maroney goes. He actually is a pretty solid back. Unfortunately for him two things happened. He landed on a team that passes a ton. And he landed on a team that uses multiple backs. If he was somewhere else, you would notice him more.I agree KK in the right situation Maroney would do well.

two24four
10-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I also like Maroney, he just cant seem to stay healthy, I think they would use him more if he could stay healthy.

Maybe at the next draft it might be time to draft another RB just to be on the safe side, with Maroney getting hurt alot, and Morris, Jordan and Faulk not getting any younger.

two24four
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Damn, Harrison is done for the season it looks like.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3655364

Hope it's not the last we've seen of him, it looked bad last night, I'm not shocked he done for the season.

Good news is we have Meriweather (last seasons 1st round pick) who will step in and take his spot, Meriweather is a great young player.

That's now Brady, Maroney and now Harrison all gone for the season.

dw13
10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
I think losing Harrison will end up being a plus for this team. Yes he brings some spirit but he brings lack of skill and makes up for it with his unsportsmen like penalties. I know it sounds bad, but I hope its the last of him and he calls it a career. He is dirty, and violent and I'm fed up with seeing him fly around trying to end peoples seasons.

Merriweather is a sound reciever, and who goes back there also? Saunders? Pats will be fine defensively based on Schemes alone.

two24four
10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah Lewis Sanders will get some more time, James Sanders already starts back there.

looch17
10-21-2008, 02:57 PM
That really sucks about Rodney. Tough loss for the team. I wonder if they go after Lynch again?

two24four
10-21-2008, 03:42 PM
That really sucks about Rodney. Tough loss for the team. I wonder if they go after Lynch again?

Maybe, I never thought of that, they just might now.

dw13
10-21-2008, 04:31 PM

Word is Lynch just cannot play anymore. I doubt they try him again.

FlyGuy78
10-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Patriots S Harrison’s injury appears career-ending

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Rodney Harrison (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2821/;_ylt=An6ljJVaRgult_Kiu5_s4V0dsLYF)’s career is almost certainly over after the hard-hitting but injury-plagued safety of the New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AoQC9GwRh_WbShXsK.SY.kgdsLYF) tore his right thigh muscle.

“It appears as though the rehab could take 8 to 10 months,” a person familiar with the injury told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team has not made an official announcement.

“For all intents and purposes, his career is over,” the person, who confirmed the nature of the injury, said in an e-mail Tuesday.

Harrison, a 15-year veteran, two-time Pro Bowler and two-time Super Bowl champion, tore the quadriceps muscle without being hit while chasing scrambling quarterback Jay Cutler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/;_ylt=As9F59zZG6pF3vNFEzn6iusdsLYF) on the last play of the third quarter of the Patriots’ 41-7 win over the Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=AqtZLFOk.JlvJAnQcb.Iq9kdsLYF) on Monday night.

Harrison has had persistent thigh problems as far back as last season’s playoffs.

“He’s had a slight tear all (this) season,” Bill McLaughlin, a marketing representative for Harrison, said Tuesday. “He was getting treatment on it.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgsEqHOdamWi29Zx25GcodU5nYcB?slug=ap-patriots-harrison&prov=ap&type=lgns

two24four
10-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Shitty, I know alot of non Pats fans hate him, and will prob be happy to hear about this, but he's done alot for this team, I hope he sticks around and helps the young guys from the side lines.

b_illin
10-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Ain't that a shame! :p

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-22-2008, 02:49 PM
http://users.chariot.net.au/%7Emisterx/steve/images/cry_me_a_river.jpg

King_Killah
10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
http://users.chariot.net.au/%7Emisterx/steve/images/cry_me_a_river.jpg

Bonger.... I laughed out loud when I saw this.. Nice!

two24four
10-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Know one is crying here, I'm fine with Merriweather.

dw13
10-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Know one is crying here, I'm fine with Merriweather.

Atleast he posesses some sort of football skill, something Harrison lost along time ago.

two24four
10-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Atleast he posesses some sort of football skill, something Harrison lost along time ago.

I dont know if I would go that far, Harrison is 21st in the NFL for total Tackles with 45 this season, and that's in one less game then most of the leaders, still doing something right.

dw13
10-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I dont know if I would go that far, Harrison is 21st in the NFL for total Tackles with 45 this season, and that's in one less game then most of the leaders, still doing something right.

Tackles are somewhat of an overrated safety stat.

two24four
10-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Tackles are somewhat of an overrated safety stat.

He's still doing something to help the team though, that's the main thing.

dw13
10-22-2008, 11:50 PM
He's still doing something to help the team though, that's the main thing.

I think hes mainly a leader, hes got more skill than Bruschi so yeah on that. He can still lead from the sidelines, I just don't see this hurting the Pats too much

two24four
10-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Bruschi's not great anymore, but he's also not hurting us, he's helping bring Mayo along, who I love, Mayo is the f*cking man IMO, he's just getting better and better each game, Mayo was a great pick at the draft.

dw13
10-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Bruschi's not great anymore, but he's also not hurting us, he's helping bring Mayo along, who I love, Mayo is the f*cking man IMO, he's just getting better and better each game, Mayo was a great pick at the draft.

Yeah, I hated Mayo at Tennessee but thats the Gator in me. He's been very good.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Dang Brady goes for 2 more surgical procedures and is on a 6 week course of IV antibiotics to fight this nasty ass infection in his knee?? Wow. Sounds like his shit is all fucked up and he either hasn't been taking good care of himself or somebody hasn't been taking very good care of him. This is crazy. I'd be kinda nervous if I was a Patsy fan.

If the infection is not brought under control, the Herald reports, the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady’s anterior cruciate ligament could become compromised. If that happens, Brady could need to redo the surgery— likely delaying his rehabilitation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-brady-surgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

b_illin
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Dang Brady goes for 2 more surgical procedures and is on a 6 week course of IV antibiotics to fight this nasty ass infection in his knee?? Wow. Sounds like his shit is all fucked up and he either hasn't been taking good care of himself or somebody hasn't been taking very good care of him. This is crazy. I'd be kinda nervous if I was a Patsy fan.

If the infection is not brought under control, the Herald reports, the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady’s anterior cruciate ligament could become compromised. If that happens, Brady could need to redo the surgery— likely delaying his rehabilitation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-brady-surgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

I had this happen to me. 4 operations to get rid of the infection...he better be careful and hope it doesn't get into the bone like it did for me!

two24four
10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I saw this today as well, hope everything works out for him, and get's back next season.

This seems to be happning more and more, John Grant Jr who plays pro Lacrosse (the best Lacrosse player in the world right now IMO) is going through something like this as well, where he prob wont play again till someime in 2010.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
I had this happen to me. 4 operations to get rid of the infection...he better be careful and hope it doesn't get into the bone like it did for me!

dang bill, what the hell happened to you? Was never the same again, was it?

Anyway, pretty shitty... into the bone or the blood wouldn't be real good. Everyone knows I can't stand the Pats or Brady but I surely don't wish harm or illness upon anyone.. I def. wish him the best in his recovery.. sounds like it hasn't been going too well so far. As much as I hate to say it, the NFL just isn't the same w/o him. (Now please excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap)

two24four
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
It sucks to say this, but he could miss all of next season as well, or god help us maybe even end his career :cry::cry: (Lets hope not) I know we drafted Kevin O'Connell this season, but we may need to draft a QB in the 1st round of the next draft just to be on the safe side, you never know.

dw13
10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, if he has to have another ACL surgery because his new one is dead already he will miss next season as well.

King_Killah
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM
It sucks to say this, but he could miss all of next season as well, or god help us maybe even end his career :cry::cry: (Lets hope not) I know we drafted Kevin O'Connell this season, but we may need to draft a QB in the 1st round of the next draft just to be on the safe side, you never know.

Not to make comparisons, but ESPN showed a comparison between Brady and Cassel. Cassel is pretty much dead on with Brady as far as stats over the first five games. Just sayin'...

Brady will be back next year. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of the Belichick/Brady mystique.

I think Mangini tried to seek revenge and had the doctors doctor him up. I am calling the NFL for a full blown investigation. :lol:

two24four
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Not to make comparisons, but ESPN showed a comparison between Brady and Cassel. Cassel is pretty much dead on with Brady as far as stats over the first five games. Just sayin'...

Brady will be back next year. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of the Belichick/Brady mystique.

I think Mangini tried to seek revenge and had the doctors doctor him up. I am calling the NFL for a full blown investigation. :lol:

:lol::lol: what would we call that, Docgate? Healthgate?

dw13
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Mangini isn't even smart enough to form a gameplan, unfortunately I doubt he is good enough to pull this off :P

King_Killah
10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Mangini isn't even smart enough to form a gameplan, unfortunately I doubt he is good enough to pull this off :P

:lol::lol: what would we call that, Docgate? Healthgate?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

b_illin
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
dang bill, what the hell happened to you? Was never the same again, was it?

Anyway, pretty shitty... into the bone or the blood wouldn't be real good. Everyone knows I can't stand the Pats or Brady but I surely don't wish harm or illness upon anyone.. I def. wish him the best in his recovery.. sounds like it hasn't been going too well so far. As much as I hate to say it, the NFL just isn't the same w/o him. (Now please excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap)

God no, my knee's a mess. I can walk, etc. with no real problems, but I can't do any sports at all and I have to be super careful when doing anything physical. I miss my good knee.

They put 2 screws in to keep my upper patella in place (kept dislocating - left hip once, left knee over a dozen times and left shoulder once) and my body wouldn't accept the metal (strangely it had accepted the screw in my hip 3 yrs earlier). The nurses (no offense) also did a piss-poor job (read: they told me nothing) telling how to care for it when they released me the next day. I had no idea what to do & it was just my dad and bro to care for me (and they started ignoring me - we were at my cottage and I was in a different cabin....very immobile). I was using tampex pads thinking they'd be clean. So basically, it totally got infected. Then it started swelling. A lot. There was huge black bubble forming. That was a hemorrhage and the bubble was full of infected pussy blood. It took two giant syringes to drain it. I hate needles :yuck:

Anyway, they realized I had an infection and started me on antibiotics. Nobody told me I couldn't drink. So I was making up for lost time (it was the Summer after high school) and drinking my face off....neutralizing the affect of the antibiotics. So, by the time I went to Uni, they gave me stronger anti-biotics. I didn't drink....yay, awesome times during frosh week...having to limp around on a cane was even better!

Infection got worse and into the bone in late October. Operation to get the infection out on Boxing Day (in Toronto). Nightmare in the Quebec healthcare system as an anglo for a few weeks (I needed IV antibiotics every 8 hrs but magically no hospital could help me...so I had to go to various e-rooms at all the hospitals within 2 hrs for 3 weeks til they magically found a program for me :mad:). 3 more operations in February (in Quebec - was only supposed to be one so I had it there thinking I'd only miss a week of Uni...1 op turned to 2 and another week...that turned to a 3rd and a 3rd week). Dropped out of Uni and went back to Ontario where they hooked up to an IV/computer fanny pack connected to a central pic...wore that fucking thing 24/7 for 2 months and it worked. My knee however was never really fixed so my upper patella is about 2 inches higher than it should be and mega loose.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-23-2008, 11:30 PM
God no, my knee's a mess. I can walk, etc. with no real problems, but I can't do any sports at all and I have to be super careful when doing anything physical. I miss my good knee.

They put 2 screws in to keep my upper patella in place (kept dislocating - left hip once, left knee over a dozen times and left shoulder once) and my body wouldn't accept the metal (strangely it had accepted the screw in my hip 3 yrs earlier). The nurses (no offense) also did a piss-poor job (read: they told me nothing) telling how to care for it when they released me the next day. I had no idea what to do & it was just my dad and bro to care for me (and they started ignoring me - we were at my cottage and I was in a different cabin....very immobile). I was using tampex pads thinking they'd be clean. So basically, it totally got infected. Then it started swelling. A lot. There was huge black bubble forming. That was a hemorrhage and the bubble was full of infected pussy blood. It took two giant syringes to drain it. I hate needles :yuck:

Anyway, they realized I had an infection and started me on antibiotics. Nobody told me I couldn't drink. So I was making up for lost time (it was the Summer after high school) and drinking my face off....neutralizing the affect of the antibiotics. So, by the time I went to Uni, they gave me stronger anti-biotics. I didn't drink....yay, awesome times during frosh week...having to limp around on a cane was even better!

Infection got worse and into the bone in late October. Operation to get the infection out on Boxing Day (in Toronto). Nightmare in the Quebec healthcare system as an anglo for a few weeks (I needed IV antibiotics every 8 hrs but magically no hospital could help me...so I had to go to various e-rooms at all the hospitals within 2 hrs for 3 weeks til they magically found a program for me :mad:). 3 more operations in February (in Quebec - was only supposed to be one so I had it there thinking I'd only miss a week of Uni...1 op turned to 2 and another week...that turned to a 3rd and a 3rd week). Dropped out of Uni and went back to Ontario where they hooked up to an IV/computer fanny pack connected to a central pic...wore that fucking thing 24/7 for 2 months and it worked. My knee however was never really fixed so my upper patella is about 2 inches higher than it should be and mega loose.

GOD DAMN. :eek:

Bill, that shit sucks!!! I'm so sorry you hadda go through all of that. Sounds like a hardcore fucking hellish experience! And it sounds like the over all health care you received was for SHIT. "Free" health care in Canada isn't always all it's knocked up to be, is it? And as a side note, fuck those nurses who were caring for you. I can't entirely speak for what a Doctor should or should not tell a patient post procedure, but I know for sure that one of a nurses responsibilities is (supposed to be) patient education... sounds like you didn't get much of that at all. Not even any education on the anti-infective meds by the prescribing physician? That's weak. :\

two24four
10-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels says Brady will be back sometime in 2009.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2008/10/24/Patriots-Brady-0/

two24four
10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Whew, was not pretty but we'll take that win, and with Buffalo losing today to Miami we are now tied for 1st in the AFC East with Buffalo at 5-2, big game next Sunday night vs Indy.

Snipes16
10-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Whew, was not pretty but we'll take that win, and with Buffalo losing today to Miami we are now tied for 1st in the AFC East with Buffalo at 5-2, big game next Sunday night vs Indy.

Heres hoping the Titans beat the bag out of the Colts tomorrow.:beer:

two24four
10-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Heres hoping the Titans beat the bag out of the Colts tomorrow.:beer:

Tomorrow's game is kind of a win win for me, I hate the Colts and P. Manning, so I would love nothing more then to see them lose, but I also have a buddie who is a die hard Titans fan, it would be nice to see them lose and shut him up for a week :D plus a Colts win gives every team in the AFC a better chance at catching the Titans for 1st overall, but I dont see the Titans losing this one.

King_Killah
10-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Tomorrow's game is kind of a win win for me, I hate the Colts and P. Manning, so I would love nothing more then to see them lose, but I also have a buddie who is a die hard Titans fan, it would be nice to see them lose and shut him up for a week :D plus a Colts win gives every team in the AFC a better chance at catching the Titans for 1st overall, but I dont see the Titans losing this one.

A Titans win will also put a spark under the Colts for next week's game vs. the Pats.

Either way, I think this game - Titans/Colts will be close. 24-17ish. Titans are just quietly good. The last unbeaten and still all the press goes to are the Pats for real even without Brady, the Steelers still strong even though their team is depleted, why are the Bengals so shitty, doesn't look like the same ol' Colts we are used to. Very little word on the Titans. Good for them.

Hockeyis#1
10-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Undefeated through half the season and still flying under the radar....pretty spectacular if you ask me...

two24four
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
A Titans win will also put a spark under the Colts for next week's game vs. the Pats.

Either way, I think this game - Titans/Colts will be close. 24-17ish. Titans are just quietly good. The last unbeaten and still all the press goes to are the Pats for real even without Brady, the Steelers still strong even though their team is depleted, why are the Bengals so shitty, doesn't look like the same ol' Colts we are used to. Very little word on the Titans. Good for them.

Well the Colts are deff not the same team at all, I dont think anyone know's what Colts team will show up week to week, Manning is not Manning this season at all, and losing Bobbie Sanders is a huge loss on D for them.

Spartan
11-05-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.barstoolsports.com/

http://cachemediasrv.patriots.com/ImgDyn.cfm?s=20081026_Caitlin_as_an_angel.jpg&c=1&w=525&cs=1Caitlin as an angel.http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/11/caitlinmorecock.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/11/caitlincock.jpg
Bostonherald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/2008_11_05_Caitlin_Davis_booted_from_Patriots__che ering_squad/srvc=home&position=6)- An 18-year-old New England Patriots (http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots.bg)[ team stats (http://scores.heraldinteractive.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=bostonherald&page=nfl/teams/077/team.aspx?id=077)] cheerleader was booted off the squad yesterday after pictures from Facebook surfaced that showed the Sharpie-packing pompom queen posing over a passed-out pal who has naughty words, pictures - and two swastikas - scrawled all over his face, arms and back. Caitlin Davis and an unidentified pal appear to be writing on the unconscious prank victim and the words “penis,” ‘I’m a Jew’ and a pair of swastikas are clearly visible on his face, neck, arms and torso. The pictures were originally posted on the Web site onblastatlast.com. But yesterday they made the ever-popular Deadspin.com and Caitlin’s fate was sealed.“She is no longer with the squad,” Pats spokesman Stacey James told us yesterday. In fact, we understand that Caitlin was dismissed as soon as the team brass became aware of the Facebook fiasco. As you most certainly know, team owners Bob and Myra Kraft are huge in the Anti-Defamation League and, while Caitlin might have been given a pass on the penises, the swastikas were a no-go.

two24four
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Good see ya :wave: we dont need ya.

Did this not happen last season or the season before with another team? I seem to remember something like this.

b_illin
11-06-2008, 11:59 AM
What a stupid little twat....the look on her face (thinking she's SO cool) makes me want to kick her in the teeth.

two24four
11-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Huge win over Buffalo today, now we are tied for 1st in the AFC East with the Jets at 6-3, big game Thursday at home vs those Jets, winner sits in 1st alone after Thurday.

Great job by Cassel today running down the clock in the 4th Q.

Green-Ellis is getting better every single game, this kid is good, and filling in nice at RB for us.

looch17
11-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I agree on all counts 24. Very hard fought victory today. Cant wait for the Jets game...just have to find a place to watch it now thanks to my cable company not carrying the NFLN.:rolleyes:

two24four
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Damn, now it sounds like Adalius Thomas is done for the season with a broken arm, that's now 4 very key players off this team now gone for the season.

dw13
11-10-2008, 01:57 PM
See you Cheaters on Thursday!:D

looch17
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Damn, now it sounds like Adalius Thomas is done for the season with a broken arm, that's now 4 very key players off this team now gone for the season.Just saw that man does that suck. Hopefully some other guys will be able to step up, but its still a very big loss.

two24four
11-10-2008, 02:29 PM
See you Cheaters on Thursday!:D

:rolleyes:

Yes we will.

Pats are doing pretty damn good for having as many key players as we have out, with a chance to take over 1st place in the AFC East this Thursday.

Alot of people wrote us off once Brady went down week 1, and since then we have lost Maroney, Harrison and now Thomas for the season since, as well as having RB's Jordan and Morris miss time (weeks) only to see the depth players step up and play well for all these players while they are out, like Green-Ellis at RB, Cassel is getting it done at QB etc... and how about rookie LB Mayo, this kid is a monster, leading the team in Tackles, he's in on almost every play on D, now he may need to step it up another notch with Thomas now out, I was not a big fan of Deltha O'Neal at the start of the season, he was letting alot of players smoke by him, and most scoring TD's, but he has steped up his game of late (some what) he's still not one of my favs though, he's getting a few INT's for us, but he's not that great 1 on 1 with WR's.

Jets wont be an easy win though, they are going to want 1st place in the AFC East just as much as we do, Jets will also want to make for us coming in early in the season and taking one away from them at home, should be a good game Thursday night.

dw13
11-10-2008, 03:05 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes we will.

Pats are doing pretty damn good for having as many key players as we have out, with a chance to take over 1st place in the AFC East this Thursday.

Alot of people wrote us off once Brady went down week 1, and since then we have lost Maroney, Harrison and now Thomas for the season since, as well as having RB's Jordan and Morris miss time (weeks) only to see the depth players step up and play well for all these players while they are out, like Green-Ellis at RB, Cassel is getting it done at QB etc... and how about rookie LB Mayo, this kid is a monster, leading the team in Tackles, he's in on almost every play on D, now he may need to step it up another notch with Thomas now out, I was not a big fan of Deltha O'Neal at the start of the season, he was letting alot of players smoke by him, and most scoring TD's, but he has steped up his game of late (some what) he's still not one of my favs though, he's getting a few INT's for us, but he's not that great 1 on 1 with WR's.

Jets wont be an easy win though, they are going to want 1st place in the AFC East just as much as we do, Jets will also want to make for us coming in early in the season and taking one away from them at home, should be a good game Thursday night.

Mayo might be the most overrated Rookie in the league.

Mayo is a perfect example of a player whose tackles total raises his perceived performance level well above what it truly is. Mayo won the rookie defensive player of the month award in October largely because of his 24 tackles in that period.

Mayo's point-of-attack (POA) run metrics for the season show that he actually is struggling quite badly in one of the primary functions for his position. I have broken down six of the Patriots' eight games, and in that sample, Mayo has been at the run POA 34 times. He has defeated only six of those blocks, which equates to a POA win percentage of 17.7. If historical trends are a good indicator, that would place him in the bottom quarter of the league at season's end. His run-stuffing prowess is probably even worse than that if the 7.2 yards per attempt on the POA runs is added to the analysis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3683651

No clue why people are all over Mayo.

two24four
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
How's Gholston doing again :D

Mayo is still a beast IMO.

dw13
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
How's Gholston doing again :D

Mayo is still a beast IMO.

Gholstens taking lessons from LT as we speak. He is still learning the position... and anyway, the person starting over him is in probowl form was having a better year then your boy that just broke his arm.

Pace + Thomas have been amazing at OLB.

Just made the point that Mayo isn't as good as people think.

dw13
11-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Good luck tonight cheaters! :D

two24four
11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Good luck tonight cheaters! :D

Why must you live in the past, it's over and done with, this is the only place I here anyone bring that up anymore.

Anyways, good luck, should be a good game.

Edit: Do you get tonight's game where you are? I know alot of you in the U.S. have hard time getting the NFLN, thank god TSN picks up all there games up here.

looch17
11-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree 24 the only place I hear the "cheating" thing is here. Everywhere else people have moved on. Its the past. Tonight's game should be a good one. Can't wait!

dw13
11-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Thats because you read Pats boards, not Jets boards. Everyone still is bitter over the Spygate deal. I know I still am. Its part of the rivalry.

I have NFLN, but also you can get free stream on NFL.com for ALL Thursday NFLN games now. So everyone should be able to watch.

Its all in fun when I call you guys the Cheaters, so take it down a notch fellas. This is a bitter rivalry, and I'm sure you oblivious Pats fan wouldn't even call it a Rivalry.

Either way, I'm pumped... good luck dudes!

looch17
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Thats because you read Pats boards, not Jets boards. Everyone still is bitter over the Spygate deal. I know I still am. Its part of the rivalry.

I have NFLN, but also you can get free stream on NFL.com for ALL Thursday NFLN games now. So everyone should be able to watch.

Its all in fun when I call you guys the Cheaters, so take it down a notch fellas. This is a bitter rivalry, and I'm sure you oblivious Pats fan wouldn't even call it a Rivalry.

Either way, I'm pumped... good luck dudes!I wasn't talking about message boards. I was talking about what people are saying on the streets. Pats and yes Jets fans don't talk about it anymore where I am. I know a lot of Jets fans and they all agree that its old and done with. Not trying to come across as a jerk btw, just trying to explain that I was talking about non message board talk. As for the rivalry of course it is. At least that's I how see it. I don't know any true Pats fans that don't see it that way. This has and always will be a fierce rivalry. Btw I am pretty pumped about the NFL.com stream. Hopefully it comes in fairly decent. It will also allow me to stay home and keep an eye on the B's and Habs game tonight.;) Finally for the game itself as I already said it should be a very good one. I don't expect a blowout either way. I think it will be close, fun game to watch! Go Pats!!!

dw13
11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
No problem soty, from what I have heard the steam is very good.

looch17
11-13-2008, 03:01 PM
No problem soty, from what I have heard the steam is very good.Sweet. Man I wish the game would get here already.:)

two24four
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I wasn't talking about message boards. I was talking about what people are saying on the streets. Pats and yes Jets fans don't talk about it anymore where I am. I know a lot of Jets fans and they all agree that its old and done with. Not trying to come across as a jerk btw, just trying to explain that I was talking about non message board talk. As for the rivalry of course it is. At least that's I how see it. I don't know any true Pats fans that don't see it that way. This has and always will be a fierce rivalry. Btw I am pretty pumped about the NFL.com stream. Hopefully it comes in fairly decent. It will also allow me to stay home and keep an eye on the B's and Habs game tonight.;) Finally for the game itself as I already said it should be a very good one. I don't expect a blowout either way. I think it will be close, fun game to watch! Go Pats!!!

Agreed, I dont even read any NFL message boards (or for that matter NHL, MLB or NBA) I knew people who use talk about spygate all the time, now they never bring it up anymore at all, cause it's over and done with, I'm also not trying to sound like a jerk here, it's just true, at least from what I see and hear.

Jets vs Pats is deff a Rivalry, with out a doubt, for more reasons then we can even think about it.

Anyways on to the game tonight, sounds like they are calling for rain tonight during the game and they now think it will be a low scoring game.

looch17
11-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh boy Pats and Jets in the rain...should be a dandy.