PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Year HI Baseball Keeper

Pages : [1] 2

rico3994
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Hey guys,
Time to take a roll call of the members returning. I hope we will only have to replace PhilaFury.

1. Pockets - IN
2. Diamond Dogs - IN
3. Cooperstown Legends- IN
4. Schomi Skydogs - IN
5. PhilaFury (darwinna13) - IN
6. Rico - IN
7. Cashew Losers {CHAMPION} - IN
8. Hiro Mets- IN
9. Base Bandits - IN
10. Hawkeyes - IN
11. suckerpuncher - IN
12. GreenMonster - IN

Stealing from KK's league timing. I would like to have everyone's keepers in by Friday at Midnight. This way we can have the weekend to prepare and start the draft on the Yahoo Group page on Monday the 21st.

suckerpuncher
01-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm back, of course.

What were the keeper rules again? 6 + 2 I think but I'm not quite sure what the rookie limitation was.

Any chance to push back the draft to mid-February? Normally I'm a fan of drafting early.
But most teams haven't even completed trades and the MLB rosters aren't set. And since the draft should not take more than a month we'd still have enough time.

But if anybody else is fine with January, 21st I'm cool with that too.

rico3994
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I would rather not push back the draft start time. With 28 positions on each team that means we have 240 spots to fill during the draft. Even with 2 months we may be cutting it close to the opener on the 25th of March.

And yes, this is the last year of the 2 bonus keepers rule, for next years draft everyone just gets 8 keepers.

suckerpuncher
01-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Alrright, then January, 21st it is.

Did we sepcify a max. number of games or IP a "rookie" was not allowed to exceed more than 2x?

And did we also agree on changing the draft order for the next year? Like the champ drafting last and the 6th ranked team after the plyoffs drafting 7th?
If not I propose it right now. ;)

rico3994
01-12-2008, 04:56 PM
And did we also agree on changing the draft order for the next year? Like the champ drafting last and the 6th ranked team after the plyoffs drafting 7th?
If not I propose it right now. ;)
Here's my reasoning behind it.

It gives every team something to play for even if you are fighting for 9th instead of 10th in the final week. If we do it the usual way then what is to prevent me from tanking on purpose just to get the first pick in the draft? This way the consolation side of the playoffs actually means something.

If you can show me why a different way would be better I am more than willing to listen.

suckerpuncher
01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I can agree with you on how to determine the draft order for the #1 to #6 spot to some degree. Although it's harder for the bottom teams to rebuild via draft.

Right now the worst team of the regular season is also likely to finish 12th in the playoffs and would draft 6th overal while a championship playoff contender who missed the playoffs by maybe a point will likely end up winning the consolation bracket and end up with the #1 overall draft pick.
That would make an already good team better and a bad team would not improve as much.

Maybe it's a also a good idea to take the regular season finish into account for the #1 to #6 draft spot and just take the reverse order of the regular season like it's done normally in sports (more or less).
But that would render the consolation bracket pretty much useless since teams have nothing to gain (or lose).
And you could argue that teams would lose on purpose over the last weeks of the regular season. But I think everybody in the league has enough integrity and spirit to not do that.

But the spots from #7 to #12 should defintefively be determined differently.
All the teams in the championship bracket fight for something at least in the beginning of the playoffs. And I think the champ should draft #12.

I suggest the following order for the spots #7 to #12:
#7 loser of the 5th place matchup (6th placed team)
#8 winner of the 5th place matchup (5th placed team)
#9 loser of the 3th place matchup (4th placed team)
#10 winner of the 3th place matchup (3rd placed team)
#11 loser of the championship matchup (runner-up)
#12 winner of the championship matchup (Champion)

Maybe change #7 and #8 to avoid somebody losing on purpose.
Since the other 2 matchup have a trophy on the line everybody will gives his best to win.

rico3994
01-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I can agree with you on how to determine the draft order for the #1 to #6 spot to some degree. Although it's harder for the bottom teams to rebuild via draft.
With 96 people kept, I don't think the 97th best player will be that much better than the 102nd best player.

Right now the worst team of the regular season is also likely to finish 12th in the playoffs and would draft 6th overal while a championship playoff contender who missed the playoffs by maybe a point will likely end up winning the consolation bracket and end up with the #1 overall draft pick.
That would make an already good team better and a bad team would not improve as much.

Maybe it's a also a good idea to take the regular season finish into account for the #1 to #6 draft spot and just take the reverse order of the regular season like it's done normally in sports (more or less).
But that would render the consolation bracket pretty much useless since teams have nothing to gain (or lose).
What would be my reason for playing once I know my team is out of the playoff spot.
And you could argue that teams would lose on purpose over the last weeks of the regular season. But I think everybody in the league has enough integrity and spirit to not do that.
Maybe enough integrity to not bench your team, but can you honestly say would search the Waiver wire as hard or take as long to figure out which SP you would start on a given day? I would hate to be in 6th place in the last week and see that the 7th place team is playing a team who doesn't want to win.

But the spots from #7 to #12 should defintefively be determined differently.
All the teams in the championship bracket fight for something at least in the beginning of the playoffs. And I think the champ should draft #12.

I suggest the following order for the spots #7 to #12:
#7 loser of the 5th place matchup (6th placed team)
#8 winner of the 5th place matchup (5th placed team)
#9 loser of the 3th place matchup (4th placed team)
#10 winner of the 3th place matchup (3rd placed team)
#11 loser of the championship matchup (runner-up)
#12 winner of the championship matchup (Champion)

Maybe change #7 and #8 to avoid somebody losing on purpose.
Since the other 2 matchup have a trophy on the line everybody will gives his best to win.
I think the regular season champ is a lot more indicative of the strongest team, the playoffs can be a crapshoot. In your proposed order above, the regular season champ could finish in 6th place and get 7th in the draft order.

In my mind having the top 6 picks determined by the consolation finals and the bottom 6 determined by the regular season will always be the fairest way to do things. The top 6 teams could tank to improve their draft position (if they knew they could still make the playoffs), but that would mean they play a better/tougher team on the way to the championship. The bottom 6 teams could tank, but that would mean they have to play a harder team on the way to the consolation chamionship and the #1 overall draft pick.

I may be playing devil's advocate with some of this, and of course I would never tank - but you haven't shown how your way of deciding the draft order improves the league.

suckerpuncher
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I know it's hard to come up with a real good solution that takes everything into account.

Right now the bottom half is not determined by the the regular season standings. If the list of teams you posted above is the draft order then the bottom half is still determined by the championship playoffs.
The winner got pick #7 and the 6th place team got pick #12.

After the playoff is over Yahoo alters the final standings. All spots will be order by the playoff result. The #1 spot always goes to the champ even if was #6 after the regular season.

If you want to determine the order by ther regular season standings then you have to take the order right when the playoffs begin.
And even then the order should be reversed. The regular season winner should draft last.

And yes there might be some difference between the 97th player and 102nd player in a keeper league draft. If 1 or 2 teams have more great players than they can keep those players are more valueable in the draft and can make a difference.

Maybe the rest of the league can also give their opinion on the draft order.

This now has nothing to do with the draft order.
I wanted to complete my keeper list soon and I'm still not sure how a "rookie" was determined. Unfortunately I can't find that information on the group page that's way I have to ask here.

rico3994
01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
After the playoff is over Yahoo alters the final standings. All spots will be order by the playoff result. The #1 spot always goes to the champ even if was #6 after the regular season.

If you want to determine the order by ther regular season standings then you have to take the order right when the playoffs begin.
And even then the order should be reversed. The regular season winner should draft last.

Good catch, I just grabbed the list from the Group page. The draft order is:
1. Pockets
2. Diamond Dogs
3. Cooperstown Legends
4. Schomi Skydogs
5. PhilaFury (who we need a replacement for)
6. Rico
7. Suckerpuncher
8. Hiro Mets
9. GreenMonster
10. Cashew Losers
11. Hawkeyes
12. Base Bandits

As for the keeper rule: any guy who hasn't appeared in 30 or more games in 3 years can be kept as one of the bonus guys.
Also, I want to bring the Max moves from 55 to 50. I think 50 is still high and no one came close to that number last year.

Winger72
01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm back in, Base Bandits.

As for the draft order, I think Picks 1-6 should be determined by the consolation round of the playoffs. It gives the teams in the lower half a reason to keep playing. As for Picks 7-10, if you guys want to use regular season finish, that's fine with me.

rico3994
01-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm back in, Base Bandits.

As for the draft order, I think Picks 1-6 should be determined by the consolation round of the playoffs. It gives the teams in the lower half a reason to keep playing. As for Picks 7-10, if you guys want to use regular season finish, that's fine with me.

Nice to see you back. And the draft order you mentioned is the one used a couple posts above

dw13
01-13-2008, 02:12 AM
I'll take the open spot? If he doesn't come back? :D

looch17
01-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Im back rico. GreenMonster.

Schomi
01-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi :)

The Skydogs are back. :cool:

But there is a problem. My computer broke down last month, so i only can use the internet at work. That will be a problem at weekend. I hope, i didn't hold up the draft to much. :\

Schomi

looch17
01-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Nice I just noticed we have a replacement for PhilaFury. Welcome to the league dawinna13.

rico3994
01-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi :)

The Skydogs are back. :cool:

But there is a problem. My computer broke down last month, so i only can use the internet at work. That will be a problem at weekend. I hope, i didn't hold up the draft to much. :\

Schomi
Good to see you back, I think we can work out the issues.

Roy, which team are you??

cashewryan
01-14-2008, 04:13 PM
The Cashew Losers are in!

Hawkeye
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Whoa I'm drafting 11th??? Did I lose in finals or something???

I'm in BTW. And Rico, is the rookie rule apply to whatever player who hasn't been in the league for 3 years?? I don't quite understand the 30 games in 3 years... Is it 30 games every year for 3 years or is it combines.

I'm just trying to get specifications...

rico3994
01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Whoa I'm drafting 11th??? Did I lose in finals or something??? You are drafting 11th b/c you finished 5th in the league.

I'm in BTW. And Rico, is the rookie rule apply to whatever player who hasn't been in the league for 3 years?? I don't quite understand the 30 games in 3 years... Is it 30 games every year for 3 years or is it combines.
As long as your players hasn't played in 3x30 you are fine, if he has only been in the league 1 or 2 years you don't need to worry about it.
I'm just trying to get specifications...

I also added a text file with all of the rules on the group page.

rico3994
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Snipes16 is going to be filling in for us if we cant get a response from either of the two remaining teams. If neither team responds, Snipes has asked for Cooperstown Legends and we will find another replacement.

Schomi
01-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi all :)

I just talked to HIRO. He will be in this season. :D

Schomi:)

rico3994
01-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi all :)

I just talked to HIRO. He will be in this season. :D

Schomi:)

Why hasn't he replied to the numerous emails? Is he going to have any trouble with the deadline or posting for his keepers?

That just leaves Cooperstown Legends missing - Snipes, keep your fingers crossed...

suckerpuncher
01-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I think Cooperstown is Oopah's team. He hasn't been here for quite some time but he's active in our hockey keeper.
I'll sent him a mail via the hockey league interface and ask him if we need a replacement or not.

Amazing Oopah
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
yeah, guys don't kick me out! :$

sorry, haven't visited the forums in a while but I'm still active games wise. Count me in for next season.

and since I'm late checking in, I'll send you my keepers today to make up.

looch17
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
yeah, guys don't kick me out! :$

sorry, haven't visited the forums in a while but I'm still active games wise. Count me in for next season.

and since I'm late checking in, I'll send you my keepers today to make up.Welcome back. I didnt think you were going to make it in time.

rico3994
01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Glad to see you are back Oopah!
Thanks for figuring it out sucker

rico3994
01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
OK everyone has confirmed they are in.

Thats a good start but someone still hasn't joined the Yahoo group page. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/HI_Baseball_Keeper/join

looch17
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Team Name - HI Name

Pockets - ???
Diamond Dogs - ???
Cooperstown Legends - Amazing Oopah
Schomi Skydogs - Schomi
PhilaFury - dawinna13
Rico - rico3994
Suckerpuncher - suckerpuncher
Hiro Mets - ???
GreenMonster - soty
Cashwer Losers - cashewryan
Hawkeyes - Hawkeye
Base Bandits - Winger72

Hey Rico, I put this together so it would be easier for you/ us to get a hold of each other. It may even be a good idea to post this on the group page incase this thread disappears. Your call just my 2 cents.

rico3994
01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
^ Thanks. Hiro and Pockets aren't on HI. I think Hiro is a friend of suckerpunchers, and Pockets is a buddy of mine.

Diamond Dawgs is royhinske and this list will be in the excel file we use to keep track of who has and has not been taken.

Amazing Oopah
01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
can we expect the list of all available players by tomorrow? I may be away from the computer all day on Monday so I would like to send you a list of players by sunday at the latest so I don't slow you guys down.

Winger72
01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
can we expect the list of all available players by tomorrow? I may be away from the computer all day on Monday so I would like to send you a list of players by sunday at the latest so I don't slow you guys down.

Rico's putting it together right now, but I believe he's waiting on someone to send him their keepers. At the latest, I'd expect it by Sunday.

rico3994
01-19-2008, 04:23 PM

Yes, I am still waiting for one team to get me their list. It wouldn't be fair for me to post he keeper list and allow the last team to see who has been kept/ who is available. Worst case, I will email all of the managers who have submitted their picks tomorrow.

PS: Dawinna13 must be pumped for the league - his sig already includes his unfinished team!

dw13
01-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes, I am still waiting for one team to get me their list. It wouldn't be fair for me to post he keeper list and allow the last team to see who has been kept/ who is available. Worst case, I will email all of the managers who have submitted their picks tomorrow.

PS: Dawinna13 must be pumped for the league - his sig already includes his unfinished team!

Not just the league... Baseball in general....

Good lord get here already!

rico3994
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
The file is up on the group page. Let me know if you have a problem opening the file, I made it with the latest Excel and I hope it is backwards compatible.

Winger72
01-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Once you download a file converter from Microsoft, it works fine (for me at least).

I have a quick question about how the draft is going to work? We have a 24 hour time limit for each pick? And, when does the time start, when ever the person before us picks or is it like 12a to 12p?

rico3994
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Once you download a file converter from Microsoft, it works fine (for me at least).

I have a quick question about how the draft is going to work? We have a 24 hour time limit for each pick? And, when does the time start, when ever the person before us picks or is it like 12a to 12p?

You have 24 hours from when the last person picked. We all need to check our email multiple times a day because we have 200+ picks to make in less than 70 days. Which means if we don't have at least 3 picks a day, we will not have the draft done before the season starts.

Winger72
01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
If we stay on top of it, I don't think it'll be a problem. I think we'll make up a lot of time on weekends and the few holidays.

looch17
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM
The file is up on the group page. Let me know if you have a problem opening the file, I made it with the latest Excel and I hope it is backwards compatible.I have a problem. I posted it on the group page.

looch17
01-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I am all set I figured it out (see post on group page).

looch17
12-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Posted on the group page that I am looking to make some trades.

looch17
12-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Posted on the group page that I am looking to make some trades.Anyone?

rico3994
12-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey guys,
I'll try to get some stuff together this week so we can start taking a look at making our keeper decisions.

soty - you know I am always up for trade talk.

looch17
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,
I'll try to get some stuff together this week so we can start taking a look at making our keeper decisions.

soty - you know I am always up for trade talk.Check our group page I posted the players that are available and so forth.

dirty harry
01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
i'm in if you guys loss a manager , i promise to behave this year lolll

Bad Ass

rico3994
01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
HAHA thanks for the offer, but I think we should be good.

dirty harry
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
what !!! i dont have your vote loll
afraid i'm gonna beat you !!!

Bad Ass

rico3994
01-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey guys,

soty - you know I am always up for trade talk.

Hey guys,
I have finally posted the final rosters for everyone in a text file on the group page.

Checking last years draft time line, it took us about 1.5 months to get the entire draft completed, so I am thinking this year we will start somewhere in the middle of Feb. That should give us lots of time to complete the draft before the April 5th start of the season. Keepers will be due sometime at the start of Feb.

Can everyone post if they are returning. Thanks

Winger72
01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm coming back and looking for a third regular season title. Maybe this year, I'll finally make it past the semifinals.

suckerpuncher
01-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Of course I'm back.

looch17
01-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm in and willing to make trades.

Snipes16
01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I think I'm in this league? If so I'm back, could you pm me the group link Rico, couldn't find it.

nevermind, got it off page 1.

looch17
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
I think I'm in this league? If so I'm back, could you pm me the group link Rico, couldn't find it.

nevermind, got it off page 1.Haha yeah you are in the league Snipes.;)

Hawkeye
01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Still in!

rico3994
01-20-2009, 09:30 AM
First trade to announce...

Cashew Losers trades Scott Kazmir, Derek Jeter and his last 2 draft picks this year to Rico for his 2nd and 3rd pick this year.

Side note: Does anyone know of any other trades made last year involving this year's draft picks? The only one I have seen involves Cashew getting my 10th pick for his 11th .

Second side note: As if me trading away Geovany Soto and Jacoby Ellsbury away for Placido Polanco and Jorge Posada wasn't bad enough - I had to improve one of his draft picks as well.

Amazing Oopah
01-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I'll be back to defend :)

looch17
01-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey Hawkeye check your PMs and get back to me thanks.;)

rico3994
02-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I am just looking to get confirmation from 1 or 2 more people that they are returning to the league

Pockets - **Not on HI** - BACK
Diamond Dogs - royhinske - BACK
Cooperstown Legends - Amazing Oopah - BACK
Schomi Skydogs - Schomi
Rico - rico3994 - BACK
Suckerpuncher - suckerpuncher - BACK
Hiro Mets - **Not on HI** - BACK
GreenMonster - soty - BACK
Cashwer Losers - cashewryan - BACK
Hawkeyes - Hawkeye - BACK
Base Bandits - Winger72 - BACK
snipes - BACK

I think Dawinna was supposed to take over for a team last year but Snipes needed to step in. Also, anyone hear from Schomi recently?

Winger72
02-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I am just looking to get confirmation from 1 or 2 more people that they are returning to the league

Pockets - **Not on HI** - BACK
Diamond Dogs - royhinske - BACK
Cooperstown Legends - Amazing Oopah - BACK
Schomi Skydogs - Schomi
Rico - rico3994 - BACK
Suckerpuncher - suckerpuncher - BACK
Hiro Mets - **Not on HI** - BACK
GreenMonster - soty - BACK
Cashwer Losers - cashewryan - BACK
Hawkeyes - Hawkeye - BACK
Base Bandits - Winger72 - BACK
snipes or dawinna13 ??? Sorry but which of you are in this league

I think Dawinna was supposed to take over for a team last year but Snipes needed to step in. Also, anyone hear from Schomi recently?

Snipes is the owner. He took over the team during last year's draft.

suckerpuncher
02-05-2009, 07:53 AM
I'll try to sent Schomi a mail.

rico3994
02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
OK, Snipes is the owner and he has already posted in here so I will assume he is back. Just waiting on Schomi. If he doesn't get back to us by the end of the weekend, Kam has asked to join so we already have a replacement in mind.

I think keepers will be due by Friday the 13th and we will start the draft Monday Feb 16th. Plan accordingly.

looch17
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
FWIW I just sent an email to Schomi as well. If he dont respond it looks like Kam will be the newest member.

suckerpuncher
02-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Just to be sure: Simply 8 keepers, no additional rookies anymore, right?

looch17
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Just to be sure: Simply 8 keepers, no additional rookies anymore, right?Yeah.

keyboard
02-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I've hid Schom's body pretty well so I don't think you'll be hearing from him any time soon.

looch17
02-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I've hid Schom's body pretty well so I don't think you'll be hearing from him any time soon.:lol:

Still havent heard from him either.

rico3994
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
He's posted on the groups page - he's back.

Sorry Kam

I ask that you get me your keepers by next Friday the 13th (Thursday
would be even better). If your keepers are not in by noon Friday you
will start losing draft picks. Every 12 hours over the deadline, you
lose your last pick... almost everyone got me their keepers in on time
last year so lets hope no one needs to lose a pick.

The draft will start Monday the 16th after that.

looch17
02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Sorry if I have missed it somewhere already, but what is the draft order going to be?

rico3994
02-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Draft order is:
Pockets
Hiro Mets
suckerpuncher
Diamond Dawgs
Rico
Schomi Skydogs
Cooperstown Legends
Snipes16
Cashew Losers
Hawkeyes
Greenmonster
Base Bandits

The order goes First place to Last place in the Consolation bracket then 6th overall regular season finish to 1st overall regular season finish.

suckerpuncher
02-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm looking for a good SP and I'm willing to give up a guy like Dunn. So feel free to send me some offers.

Amazing Oopah
02-07-2009, 03:37 PM
now that Yahoo has the new keeper tool in its draft program, maybe we don't need to hold our draft so early like last year?

suckerpuncher
02-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I thought that too.

But then we'd need to find a suitable draft time/date for all. And since 3 of us live in Germany it's harder to find that since there's a 6 hour time difference.

The latest time I could attend to start a draft would probably 7:30-8pm ET which would be already 1:30-2am here and the draft itself will also take about an hour minimum. And I'm not sure if the other 2 also have so much time at night.

So it will be hard but not impossible.

rico3994
02-07-2009, 07:06 PM
A live draft would be nice, I didn't know Yahoo for sure had implemented that option. We could do a Saturday or Sunday noon EST draft which would be diner time for the Germany folks.

looch17
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Is anyone interested in a 2 for 1 involving any of these packages? I am looking for a keeper upgrade, preferably a 2B, but I am open to other options. Send me and PM or email if you prefer that.

Manny (OF) + Felix (SP)
Davis (1B,3B) + Felix (SP)
Adrian (1B) + Felix (SP)

Snipes16
02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Probably should have notified Rico that I switched my yahoo ID's over...

sorry about that

rico3994
02-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Probably should have notified Rico that I switched my yahoo ID's over...

sorry about that

Ya, woulda helped when I was trying to figure this all out again :D

rico3994
02-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Congratulations, your league and team are registered

League ID: 53766 Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hi_baseball

password is baseball.

Everyone please try and sign up ASAP

Winger72
02-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Congratulations, your league and team are registered

League ID: 53766 Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hi_baseball

password is baseball.

Everyone please try and sign up ASAP

Rico,

Did you create a whole new league or renew our old league? Cause, usually, you can see past results.

Also, did you get my keepers?

rico3994
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Rico,

Did you create a whole new league or renew our old league? Cause, usually, you can see past results.

Also, did you get my keepers?

I renewed the old league and yes, I did get your keepers.

Still need to get keeper lists from:
Hawkeyes
Pockets
Hiro Mets
suckerpuncher
Diamond Dawgs
Kam
Amazing Oopah

suckerpuncher
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Will the keeper deadline still be tomorrow or will it be on hiatus until we've decided how to draft?

rico3994
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Will the keeper deadline still be tomorrow or will it be on hiatus until we've decided how to draft?

Keeper deadline stays the same (tomorrow at noon), the draft method won't have any affect on it.
The only thing that may delay us is Hawkeye gettting back to me about how he wants to proceed, but obviously I want to give him as much time as possible.

keyboard
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I'll have my list in by tonight.

suckerpuncher
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Keeper deadline stays the same (tomorrow at noon), the draft method won't have any affect on it.
The only thing that may delay us is Hawkeye gettting back to me about how he wants to proceed, but obviously I want to give him as much time as possible.
Noon for me or noon for you? :D

rico3994
02-13-2009, 09:20 AM
My keepers:
OF Braun (Mil)
OF Crawford (TB)
1B Lee (ChC)
2B Utley (Phi)
SP Haren (Ari)
SS Jeter (NYY)
SP Kazmir (TB)
SP Liriano (Min)

rico3994
02-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Still need to get keeper lists from:

Diamond Dawgs

Hawkeye has asked that I draft for him since he may be a little busier this year. I assume no one will have an issue with that? I think we are far enough away from each other in the draft so it isn't a huge deal.

keyboard
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Víctor Martínez (Cle - C,1B)
Robinson Canó (NYY - 2B)
Álex Rodríguez (NYY - 3B)
Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - OF)
Raúl Ibañez (Phi - OF)
CC Sabathia (NYY - SP)
Chien-Ming Wang (NYY - SP)
Scot Shields (LAA - RP)

Winger72
02-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Hawkeye has asked that I draft for him since he may be a little busier this year. I assume no one will have an issue with that? I think we are far enough away from each other in the draft so it isn't a huge deal.

I think we've all been playing in the league long enough to see that it won't/shouldn't be a problem.

looch17
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I think we've all been playing in the league long enough to see that it won't/shouldn't be a problem.Ditto.

rico3994
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Since 6 people have already voted to keep the draft over the board, I think we will keep it that way.

Diamond Dawgs (Roy Hinske) still hasn't gotten me his keeper list so I can't send out the list of keepers yet. He will be losing his last draft pick - hopefully no more if he gets me his list some time tonight.

looch17
02-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Since 6 people have already voted to keep the draft over the board, I think we will keep it that way.

Diamond Dawgs (Roy Hinske) still hasn't gotten me his keeper list so I can't send out the list of keepers yet. He will be losing his last draft pick - hopefully no more if he gets me his list some time tonight.Does the draft still start on this Monday (16th)?

rico3994
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Does the draft still start on this Monday (16th)?

Can't say. We can't start without all the keepers in.

looch17
02-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Can't say. We can't start without all the keepers in.Very true. Well I am sure we will get the draft done whenever we start. No worries.;)

Amazing Oopah
02-14-2009, 02:42 PM
maybe we should have a minor punishment for those miscreants who haven't submitted their lists yet? :evilgrin:;)

and I have no problem with doing it over the yahoo board... draft was just a suggestion after all.

suckerpuncher
02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
All keepers should be in. Roy posted his keepers last night on the group page.
So we should be good to go.

rico3994
02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
We now have all keeper lists in. I will be keeping track of all keepers and pick made using this spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s-Ya4UspNvUmFvz9l1i Mg

Draft will start Monday as planned. Pockets has the 1st pick.

BTW Diamond Dawgs is losing his last pick of the draft. He can make it up with FAs after the draft is finished.

looch17
02-14-2009, 06:21 PM
We now have all keeper lists in. I will be keeping track of all keepers and pick made using this spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s-Ya4UspNvUmFvz9l1i Mg

Draft will start Monday as planned. Pockets has the 1st pick.

BTW Diamond Dawgs is losing his last pick of the draft. He can make it up with FAs after the draft is finished.Just wondering what time the draft will start on Monday? I know I am not picking for a while, but I still would like to keep track. Thanks.

rico3994
02-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Just wondering what time the draft will start on Monday? I know I am not picking for a while, but I still would like to keep track. Thanks.

I don`t know, 12:01AM, noon, 11:59PM. Pockets had the first pick last year as well and I think he actually picked Sunday night because he had to work Monday.

suckerpuncher
02-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Why don't we start right away but the clock kick in until 12am?

And will you add a list of available/taken players in sheet 3?

looch17
02-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I don`t know, 12:01AM, noon, 11:59PM. Pockets had the first pick last year as well and I think he actually picked Sunday night because he had to work Monday.OK so basically whenever Pockets decides to start tomorrow thats when we get going. Sounds good. Also is still like a 24 hour deadline to make picks? Just putting it out there so there is no confusion or issues once this thing gets started.

looch17
02-15-2009, 11:59 AM
And will you add a list of available/taken players in sheet 3?I just asked him the same thing.:)

Winger72
02-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Why don't we start right away but the clock kick in until 12am?

If we're ready to go, and I think we are, I agree. Maybe we can get a couple of rounds done today and tomorrow.

Amazing Oopah
02-15-2009, 04:46 PM
eeh...

feel like that kid that has an exam in a few hours and hasn't even cracked open his schoolbook open yet :hic:

and we do need an available players list. Please :angelic:

rico3994
02-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Keep an eye on this page:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...vz9l1iMg&gid=0 (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s-Ya4UspNvUmFvz9l1iMg&gid=0)
I will be updating it with everyone`s picks

I`m not going to provide an available players list but there are already a bunch of choices for draft guides out there and it shouldn`t be too hard to cross off players chosen.

Picks will be on the 24 Hour clock at least till we get much closer to opening day.

Snipes16
02-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Rico, that spreadsheet link above and on the group page is not working for whatever reason.

looch17
02-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Rico, that spreadsheet link above and on the group page is not working for whatever reason.Yeah that link didnt work for me either huh. Here is the one I use Snipes hopefully this one works for you.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s-Ya4UspNvUmFvz9l1iMg&gid=0

Snipes16
02-15-2009, 11:37 PM
There we go...thanks Sotes

suckerpuncher
02-16-2009, 09:44 AM
In case someone needs a list of all taken players I posted it here and I'll try to update it as often as I can.

Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pWRV2RiMxFadZ4o0mbTcaSw

Hawkeye
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Rico, I'll be around for a few days so I'll be able to get maybe a few rounds in. So hold off making picks for me until I say otherwise.

Thx!

rico3994
02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
sounds good

keyboard
02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry for the delay. I took Drew. Cooperstown Legends OTC.

Amazing Oopah
02-17-2009, 05:37 PM
just made my pick... rico is on the clock due to his trade with snipes earlier I believe.

Roy Hinske
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Is anyone else having issue with the spreadsheets for drafted players working. I can get the list of players but not team drafts.

rico3994
02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Is anyone else having issue with the spreadsheets for drafted players working. I can get the list of players but not team drafts.

Even using the link above (soty's change)?

Roy Hinske
02-18-2009, 11:24 AM
It worked for me a couple of times but now I just get a blank page. ??

rico3994
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
It worked for me a couple of times but now I just get a blank page. ??

Try now. I think the settings had changed about who was allowed to view the page.

hiro
02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Hello! I'm just trying to find out waht a post will look like...

hiro
02-18-2009, 03:54 PM
and what does advanced do?

ah. i see.

hiro
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
hi there.

i know shit about hockey but everybody convinced me to come here to read bout our keeper league.

at least i saw gretzky play:)

Snipes16
02-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Hiro, take a stroll into the off topic discussion dept and look over the hot girls thread...

Thats about the only thing worth eyeballin around here, ha.

Amazing Oopah
02-18-2009, 07:09 PM
man, you guys are going really fast... wasn't expecting to be OTC again a little after midnight today :eek:

anyways, kam is OTC.

keyboard
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Draft order is:
Pockets
Hiro Mets
suckerpuncher
Diamond Dawgs
Rico
Schomi Skydogs
Cooperstown Legends
Snipes16
Cashew Losers
Hawkeyes
Greenmonster
Base Bandits

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...FadZ4o0mbTcaSw (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pWRV2RiMxFadZ4o0mbTcaSw)

keyboard
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I took Garza.

looch17
02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
FYI Cooperstown is on the clock.

Amazing Oopah
02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
made my pick, sorry for the long delay guys

rico3994
02-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Well I finally caved and took Wieters - I wasn't sure if he would last this long...

looch17
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Well I finally caved and took Wieters - I wasn't sure if he would last this long...I didnt think he was in the Y! database. I already have my catcher either way. Nice pick Rico.

looch17
02-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Hawkeyes on the clock.

looch17
02-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Just made my pick Base Bandits OTC.

looch17
02-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Moving good right now keep it going guys.:yes:

keyboard
02-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Draft order is:
Pockets
Hiro Mets
suckerpuncher
Diamond Dawgs
Rico
Schomi Skydogs
Cooperstown Legends
Snipes16
Cashew Losers
Hawkeyes
Greenmonster
Base Bandits

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...FadZ4o0mbTcaSw (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pWRV2RiMxFadZ4o0mbTcaSw)For quick reference.

keyboard
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I know I'm using up a lot of clock, but I have things going on in my life. I'm never going over my allowed time and frankly, for those of you who can't handle waiting for a friendly fantasy draft round, you should have done a live draft. Thanks to those who let me know when I am OTC, I appreciate it.

Snipes16
02-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Not asking for a kidney, just a little consideration for the people picking behind you, thats all. Leaving Rico waiting 16 hours for his pick could easily have been avoided if you taken 5 minutes to send him a 3 player draft board anytime from Saturday night on if you knew that Sunday was going to be a busy day for yourself..

As it was, you were in here last night posting your drivel but didn't have the 2 minutes to check the board and realize you were on the clock? please, thats either ignorance, laziness or inconsideration.

24 hours is an excessive amount of time to leave the next guy waiting to pick which is why I suggested chopping it to 12 hours. We've had a total of 4 picks over the last 40+ hours and that flat out sucks for everybody.

keyboard
02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
As it was, you were in here last night posting your drivel but didn't have the 2 minutes to check the board and realize you were on the clock? please, thats either ignorance, laziness or inconsideration.

24 hours is an excessive amount of time to leave the next guy waiting to pick which is why I suggested chopping it to 12 hours. We've had a total of 4 picks over the last 40+ hours and that flat out sucks for everybody.To your first point, I don't have the group page bookmarked on every computer I own, which I guess is my fault. I don't know if I'm going to check it every other hour even if I did.

To your second point, 24 hours is long but I don't think anyone has had to wait that long. It also comes with a penalty. I just don't know if people think 4 picks in 40 hours sucks? I love baseball, and fantasy, but I just don't see the big deal. Again, if you're so impatient, do a live draft next time. Otherwise, do a 12 hour clock. Otherwise, be patient.

looch17
02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Diamond Dawgs OTC.

rico3994
02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
To your first point, I don't have the group page bookmarked on every computer I own, which I guess is my fault. I don't know if I'm going to check it every other hour even if I did.

To your second point, 24 hours is long but I don't think anyone has had to wait that long. It also comes with a penalty. I just don't know if people think 4 picks in 40 hours sucks? I love baseball, and fantasy, but I just don't see the big deal. Again, if you're so impatient, do a live draft next time. Otherwise, do a 12 hour clock. Otherwise, be patient.

A) I would hope you have the draft picks available on all computers you are on. You just need to go to groups.yahoo.com and sign in.
B) Do you not have your email address site handy (where the picks are emailed)?

Its not just Kam though, there have been a few times where we have waited an extended period of time. I don't want to switch to a 12 hour clock yet because we have some overseas guys and that may leave some drafters with only an hour or two depending on when night is for them. On the other hand if everyone takes 12-16 hours to make their pick because they don't bother thinking about it till they are up, then we won't be able to get our draft done on time.

looch17
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
The twenty four hour limit is set for those of us that cannot get to their computer at certain times...work, family, prior commitments, plus the overseas guys in our league. The way I see it is if you are on your computer and your pick is up there is no reason why you cant make your pick in a timely manner. I am not trying to start anything, just giving my opinion. Its not too hard to make a pick. You should have some type of idea of what direction you are headed with you next pick. Find the best player that suits that need, make your pick and the next guy can go. Continued good luck to you all in the remaining of the draft and hopefully we can keep it moving at a steady pace.

hiro
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
First Pick was on Feb 16th. So roughly speaking, we are drafting for 8 days and have done 4 rounds. This is two days (48 hours) for 12 picks, so we are averaging 4 hours a pick.

I am sometimes waiting (Dawgs, get moving!!!), but basically I'd say, we are on track.

:beer:

rico3994
02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Dawgs has missed his pick. Snipes it OTC

hiro
02-25-2009, 09:06 AM
btw - being one of the overseas guys I could handle a 12-hour-frame...

looch17
02-25-2009, 09:42 AM
btw - being one of the overseas guys I could handle a 12-hour-frame...Still dont think we need to go to 12 yet. We still have plenty of time, we just need a few guys to pick it up when the turn comes up. If you know you cant be around email or PM a list to one of us and we can make your pick for you.

keyboard
02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
If guys start missing their picks because of the 12 hour clock, the whole draft/league is kind of ruined because managers won't like their teams. If someone drafts at 9PM and you're out that night, you're pretty much going to miss your pick. Probably the same for 6PM, 7PM, and 8PM, too.

looch17
02-25-2009, 11:51 AM
If guys start missing their picks because of the 12 hour clock, the whole draft/league is kind of ruined because managers won't like their teams. If someone drafts at 9PM and you're out that night, you're pretty much going to miss your pick. Probably the same for 6PM, 7PM, and 8PM, too.I agree that guys will miss picks/ get upset if it goes to a 12 hour deadline so soon. To me its really simple if your pick is up and you are around then there is no reason not to make your pick. If you are at work, gone, with the family, appointment, etc...when you get home check to see if you are up do a little research and make your pick.

Just a little tip one that I know me and rico do is keep a tab/ window open of your email. That way you will notice there is mail. Check it to see if it is your turn or to see how close you are so you can get ready.

keyboard
02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I am not around my computer every night. And it's not the first thing I check most mornings. Getting penalized for not being glued to my computer makes no sense, especially when no one said it was a 12 hour draft clock to start with. If I miss my pick because I went out on a Friday night, that's pretty ridiculous.

hiro
02-25-2009, 12:11 PM
I am not around my computer every night. And it's not the first thing I check most mornings. Getting penalized for not being glued to my computer makes no sense, especially when no one said it was a 12 hour draft clock to start with. If I miss my pick because I went out on a Friday night, that's pretty ridiculous.

Or have you drafted already? Here at my office I only have the google-spreadsheet and NO access to https...

keyboard
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I took Loney. Coops OTC.

rico3994
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
If someone drafts at 9PM and you're out that night, you're pretty much going to miss your pick. Probably the same for 6PM, 7PM, and 8PM, too.
Exactly,
I am not going to move the clock to 12 hours unless we are days away from the opening pitch. I don't care about finishing the draft and getting a month to work on trades before the season starts...as long as the rosters are set by April 4th its all good.

looch17
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
kam your otc.

keyboard
03-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Coops OTC.

Amazing Oopah
03-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Snipes is up

looch17
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Hawkeyes otc.

hiro
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
kam is OTC

keyboard
03-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Rico OTC.

hiro
03-06-2009, 07:58 AM
kam, you're OTC

keyboard
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't think I am.

suckerpuncher
03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes, you're.

Rico picked and now it's your turn. Maybe you get confused with all the slow drafts but in this league you're OTC... :D

rico3994
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think I am.

I took Thome last night

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p3s-Ya4UspNvUmFvz9l1iMg&hl=en

keyboard
03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't get it. The last message I see on the message board is:

pick 9.04 Dawgs takes JJ Putz RP (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/HI_Baseball_Keeper/message/609) Rico is OTC

Amazing Oopah
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
maybe you need to clean out your cache or something? :confused: Because I'm seeing message 610 as rico taking Thome.

suckerpuncher
03-06-2009, 02:28 PM
kam, stop arguing and make your pick. :lol:

keyboard
03-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Weird. Okay, I took Eric Byrnes. Stupid pick.

Coops OTC.

keyboard
03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh, shit. I see Rico's pick. Hey, douche, maybe start a new topic next time instead of replying to the previous pick? :lol:

rico3994
03-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Ya Ya, keep blaming me. We all know you delayed because you really wanted Thome.

keyboard
03-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Ya Ya, keep blaming me. We all know you delayed because you really wanted Thome.It's true. When I realized you picked him I passed out. I was stalling while I got the feeling back in my hands.

Hey, Byrnes is just starting to run again! Can anyone say injury-prone-coming-off-a-terrible-season sleeper?

rico3994
03-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey, Byrnes is just starting to run again! Can anyone say injury-prone-coming-off-a-terrible-season sleeper?
I took Byrnes in the first round of the draft last year (really 9th round)...I won't be taking him ever again.

Amazing Oopah
03-06-2009, 04:48 PM
snipes is on deck...

looch17
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
kam otc.

keyboard
03-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Rico OTC.

looch17
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Rico otc.

keyboard
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Every time I see a new post in this thread I figure I'm OTC and someone is getting mad at me. :lol:

rico3994
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Kam you are OTC!!! Its already been 3 minutes :mad::evilgrin::mad:

keyboard
03-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Kam you are OTC!!! Its already been 3 minutes :mad::evilgrin::mad:Shit, sorry, didn't notice before I turned the computer off last night. I'm swamped at work, so I'll probably make my pick at noon. Apologies, gentlemen.

hiro
03-13-2009, 04:54 AM
kam, you're up again. oopah turned the wrong way.

keyboard
03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Rico OTC.

rico3994
03-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Kam you are up. You may not want to bother even picking though since Coco is already gone.

keyboard
03-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Kam you are up. You may not want to bother even picking though since Coco is already gone.I may just forfeit at this point. :lol:

Coops OTC.

hiro
03-17-2009, 10:21 AM
otc

rico3994
03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Just so ppl aren't always harping on Kam...

Amazing_Oapah is OTC

Side note: looking to deal for a 1B.

Amazing Oopah
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I've made my pick for round 16 twice but it doesn't show up for me in the groups page or in emails... don't know what's wrong with it =/ Anybody know?

suckerpuncher
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
You're not the only one with this problem. In 2 other group drafts the same thing occurs right now. Probably an Y! issue.

keyboard
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I've made my pick for round 16 twice but it doesn't show up for me in the groups page or in emails... don't know what's wrong with it =/ Anybody know?Happened to me. I'd imagine they will show up all at once, should cause quite some confusion.

boredguy
03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
You're not the only one with this problem. In 2 other group drafts the same thing occurs right now. Probably an Y! issue.

4 messages so far saying you've drafted Torii Hunter :P

suckerpuncher
03-19-2009, 12:17 PM
4 messages so far saying you've drafted Torii Hunter :P
Yeah, sorry for that.
But they never showed up until recently for me and then of course all 4 at once. :p

keyboard
03-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Draft order is:
Pockets
Hiro Mets
suckerpuncher
Diamond Dawgs
Rico
Schomi Skydogs
Cooperstown Legends
Snipes16
Cashew Losers
Hawkeyes
Greenmonster
Base Bandits

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...FadZ4o0mbTcaSw (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pWRV2RiMxFadZ4o0mbTcaSw)

suckerpuncher
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
What's your point, kam?

You took over for Schomi and the Legends made the last pick and so you're OTC.

keyboard
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
What's your point, kam?

You took over for Schomi and the Legends made the last pick and so you're OTC.:lol:

I just posted that for quick reference for myself and others. Rico OTC.

suckerpuncher
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
kam, once again there seems to ba a Y! issue and your pick didn't got postetd (so far) might be a good idea to say here who you picked.

And since your PM box is full let me tell you that in the other league were you had to make up a pick and chose Francisco you once again have to re-pick. I took Francisco 2 rounds ago.

rico3994
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
And since your PM box is full let me tell you that in the other league were you had to make up a pick and chose Francisco you once again have to re-pick. I took Francisco 2 rounds ago.

Sounds like quite the Gong Show going on with Kam. Its hard enough picking for two teams in one draft, I would have to have 2 going on at the same time.
And aside from Cooperstown's essay on taking Iwamura, the message board hasn't updated so I have no clue who you picked.

rico3994
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
^ and the Gong Show continues...Kam you chose a player taken by Pockets 3 rounds ago.
Normally I would have given you some time to re-pick, but I'm heading out for the night and it looks like you want a pitcher anyway.

keyboard
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I should really update the files myself from now on. Hold on, let me get things together. You can draft a hitter.

keyboard
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I took Arroyo.

keyboard
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
And since your PM box is full let me tell you that in the other league were you had to make up a pick and chose Francisco you once again have to re-pick. I took Francisco 2 rounds ago.Yikes. Sorry. The draft list file isn't loading either, so I can't make my re-pick.

hiro
03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Yikes. Sorry. The draft list file isn't loading either, so I can't make my re-pick.

Kam. Motte is already gone.

keyboard
03-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Kam. Motte is already gone.I took Arroyo instead.

suckerpuncher
03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I took Arroyo instead.
Better post it on the grop page, too. Unless you already have and it takes it time to show up.

rico3994
03-19-2009, 06:02 PM
The draft list file isn't loading either, so I can't make my re-pick.
Stupid March Madness, I found a lot on the internet was slow in loading today and I blame all the people watching the games online.

looch17
03-21-2009, 02:39 PM
In case you dont see your PMs 2 things rico:

1) Yahoo posted a note on our league page that we have to have our draft done by the 29th for our league to start on time.

2) You put Broxton on Hiro's team when he should be one my roster. I drafted Broxton in Hiro's draft spot from the trade me and him made so you probably got confused. Honest mistake its all good.

rico3994
03-21-2009, 02:47 PM
After Kam's pick, we are going to be on a 12 Hour clock to make sure we get the draft in before March 29th (Yahoo's deadline for Week 1).

Amazing Oopah
03-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I've pmed rico my next pick after kam makes his later tonight. Not going to be around a computer 'til tomorrow sunday so I don't want to delay the rest of you guys because I've gone to sleep. :)

looch17
03-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I went on to the group page to see what the draft status was and it said that the page was temporarily unavailable. Do you guys have the same problem, if so how are we going to draft with only 7 days to go and 2+ rounds remaining?

hiro
03-22-2009, 09:54 AM
here it says there has been no activity within the last 7 days, and i cannot see any messages - so probably just another view of the same problem.

we could do the draft within in the Y!-fantasy-form. just post a message there. that should do.

i just don't know if some of the guys rely on the group page as their only information

Winger72
03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
If we have to, we can always finish the draft up here in the thread or via messages on the league page. Hopefully, whatever Y! is doing won't take very long.

Does anyone know if Kam made his pick?

keyboard
03-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I can't access anything.

Snipes16
03-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Why dont we just finish it here...Kams up at 17.6 and Sucker or Rico can update the available player link plastered all over this thread. It'll be quicker over here anyways.

rico3994
03-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Amazing Oopah has selected Colby Rasmus (OF - STL) Kam's 24 hours was up

Snipes is OTC

As for finishing it up here, not everyone is on this board - I figure email is the easiest way.
As long as I find out who was picked, I can update the spreadsheet. As long as you check the spreadsheet before picking you should be good.

suckerpuncher
03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
In another league here we drafted via the message board / Post function on the actual league front site.

Everybody should be able to check the league site at least once a day to see if he's up.
And we could also email/PM each other here to notify someone that he's up.

rico3994
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Email is the easiest way...everyone can check their email but not everyone wants to go to the Yahoo fantasy sports website at work.

keyboard
03-22-2009, 12:32 PM
17.6 - kamranish - Doug Davis

suckerpuncher
03-22-2009, 01:16 PM
17.08 - Snipes takes - Jose Guillen (OF)

Snipes asked me earlier to send in his pick. Hope he's still okay with it since he's been on HI in the mean time.

Cashew is now OTC...

rico3994
03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Greenmonster is OTC

looch17
03-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Just made my pick on the group page.

Base Bandits is OTC.

Winger72
03-22-2009, 06:05 PM
You're back up soty.

looch17
03-22-2009, 06:06 PM
You're back up soty.OK I will wait to see who took before picking.

rico3994
03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
You're back up soty.
Percival was taken back in round 7 :P Try again

looch17
03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Percival was taken back in round 7 :P Try againYeah I just saw that and posted it on the group page. I just took Dotel, Hawkeyes is OTC, but Bandits can re pick at anytime.

Winger72
03-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Percival was taken back in round 7 :P Try again

I've repicked.

Snipes is OTC

rico3994
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Cashew is OTC till 7:30ish tomorrow morning (EST)

Snipes16
03-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Its actually Cooper thats OTC

rico3994
03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Kam is now OTC

keyboard
03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Rico OTC. I took Villanueva.

rico3994
03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Diamond Dawgs is OTC - I took Rodney

Amazing Oopah
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
sorry for the delay, forgot we no longer were on the 24 hour clock...

I selected Edwar Ramirez (RP - NYY) for my delayed pick in this round, which I hope shows up in the yahoo groups page soon.

suckerpuncher
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I picked Kelvim Escobar with pick 18.10.

I already told Hiro and he should make his pick any minute now.

hiro
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Pockets s OTC.

I took Daniel Murphy with 18.11. Sucker chose K. Escobar with 18.10

hiro
03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Lindstrom is dealing with his RC and Fuentes is topping out at 89mph. Having drafted Nunez and Arredondo this might seriously affect my strategy on holds.

damn...

:)

hiro
03-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Sucker OTC

I just took Matt Thornton (19.02)

suckerpuncher
03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
I took Ben Sheets with pick 19.03.

Dawgs is now OTC...

looch17
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I took Ben Sheets with pick 19.03.

Dawgs is now OTC...I think those 3 x's next to Dawgs name means he doesnt pick this round. Which would mean Rico is OTC. I could be wrong though.

rico3994
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I think those 3 x's next to Dawgs name means he doesnt pick this round. Which would mean Rico is OTC. I could be wrong though.

Right, he lost it because he was late with his keeper list - Kam is OTC

keyboard
03-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I took Jeremy Accardo (Tor - RP). Coops OTC, I think.

Amazing Oopah
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I've selected Andy Sonnanstine as my last pick of the draft, which hasn't shown up yet. Snipes is OTC.

Snipes16
03-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I took Travis Ishikawa so Cashew is up.

rico3994
03-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Hawkeyes is taking Dioner Navarro (TB-C)

Hiro is OTC with Greenmonsters last pick.

hiro
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Last Pick. Finally have to take a catcher, so get over here, AJ...

hiro
03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Broxton is still on my roster - Rico, please turn him over to GreenMonster. I think Soty is already getting nervous...

Winger72
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
We're done!!!

Just made the last pick.

Edit - Since I don't know when my email will show up, with my last pick, I took Buchholz (Col - RP).

rico3994
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
League is up and running!

looch17
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Broxton is still on my roster - Rico, please turn him over to GreenMonster. I think Soty is already getting nervous...Haha its all good Hiro. Rico told me earlier he was just on your roster to keep the draft in order.

League is up and running!Wow did we close this thing out quick and most importantly before the deadline. Nice job guys. Good luck to you all this season!

hiro
03-25-2009, 05:37 PM
somehow i miss the regular click on the spreadsheet link...

looch17
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey guys looking to make some deals before the deadline Sunday. Check out the league notes and players available and get back to me if you have any interest. Thanks.

looch17
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Its not anywhere near baseball time yet, but I am always up for trades, talks so I thought I would see if there is any interest at this time. Let me know (private message).

rico3994
01-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,
Time to start thinking about this league again.

With all the delays we had in picks and the amount of time it took to complete the draft, I stongly suggest that we move to an online draft. Yahoo has improved a ton in the past couple years and we can have our keepers auto-chosen for us at he beginning of the draft.

Post if you are in again this year and what you think of the draft method.

looch17
01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
I am back as for the draft I prefer the offline draft for two reasons...1)for myself I have a busy, scattered schedule right now so it would be tough for me to do a draft online. With the team that I have and built I would hate to miss out on the draft and 2)we have players in our league from overseas so it would be even harder to make a time that we are all on the same page time wise. Just my 2 cents.

Winger72
01-25-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm back.

I'd rather have an offline draft as I like the longer time in between the picks, but I can understand where Rico is coming from.

What if we shorten the time between picks? I believe it's 24 hours, what if we immediately shortened it to 12 hours. That way if someone misses their pick, we don't have to wait a whole day for the next person to be on the clock.

looch17
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Still looking to talk trades if anyone is interested.

Amazing Oopah
01-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I'll be back as well.

Don't have an opinion on draft format yet.

suckerpuncher
01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm back.

I have no problem with the live draft as long as it's at a reasonable time for me and Hiro.

looch17
02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Anyone down to start talking trades?

looch17
02-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow no one has any interest in my players available? I was hoping I could get some discussions going.

rico3994
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
The league has been setup. Check your emails for the invite and PM me if you didn't receive it and I can send you the details.

looch17
02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Got it and registered.

looch17
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
In case some of you missed my trading block I posted on the group page here is what I have available.

Jason Bay (NYM - OF)
Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - OF)
Chris Coghlan (Fla - 2B,OF)
Yunel Escobar (Atl - SS)
Brad Hawpe (Col - OF)
Garrett Jones (Pit - 1B,OF)
Jason Kubel (Min - OF)
Felipe López (Mil - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
Nick Markakis (Bal - OF)
Carlos Quentin (CWS - OF)
John Lackey (Bos - SP)
Mariano Rivera (NYY - RP)