PDA

View Full Version : HI Keeper League II.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

keyboard
01-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey, guys. So since the first league is full and baseball is amazing, it only makes sense we start another one of these for all of us who couldn't get in to the other. King_Killah was nice enough to send me the league settings and for the most part we will mimic the original league entirely. Here are a list of confirmed HI members in the league:
kamranish
eff1ngham (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1368)
two24four (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=715)
mrtybrodur30 (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1455)
b_illin (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1238)
moans
dawinna13 (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=585)
dirty harry (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=585)
Buffalo87 (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1003)
nyrblue2 (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1998)(Not sure if secol and (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1464) boredguy (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=118) are interested, but they seem to be. Hopefully they confirm soon.)

So the first matter of business is for those 10 names to confirm their participation. Remember it's a keeper, so ideally you should only join if you don't plan on moving, becoming a Luddite, dying, having children, and/or getting married in the near future, anything that will keep you away from fantasy sports.

Once those 10 names are confirmed, we need to decide if we want to expand it to 12 members. I think the more the merrier and makes for a more scarce (and therefore skilled) free agency system, but that's my two cents. So please let me know if you're in and what league size you prefer. Thanks.

moans
01-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm in for sure...I say we have a max at 14 teams.

b_illin
01-12-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm in...12's the sweet spot for me.

flock-raven
01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
I may be interested if a spot opens

mrtybrodur30
01-12-2008, 10:41 AM
im in for sure. what are all the league settings? anyways my vote would be for 12 teams.

Tormy
01-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll also join.

=)

two24four
01-12-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm in, 12 teams sounds good.

secol
01-12-2008, 12:22 PM
sry....I probably won't be able to join :(.......There's usually a period when basketball, hockey, baseball all are happening at the same time and I still have to deal with the U >.<.........

eff1ngham
01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
So the first matter of business is for those 10 names to confirm their participation. Remember it's a keeper, so ideally you should only join if you don't plan on moving, becoming a Luddite, dying, having children, and/or getting married in the near future, anything that will keep you away from fantasy sports.

In. Luckly my wife is cool

we need to decide if we want to expand it to 12 members. I think the more the merrier and makes for a more scarce (and therefore skilled) free agency system, but that's my two cents.

I'm fine with anywhere from 10-14 teams. I actually think it's more competative with less teams, but I wouldn't want less than 10 or more than 14

Buffalo87
01-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm in for sure, I think 12-14 teams would be good. What do the rules look like?

keyboard
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Here is the current list of confirmed pool members:
kamranish
eff1ngham
two24four
mrtybrodur30
b_illin
moans
Buffalo87
flock_raven [awaiting league size preference]
Tormy [awaiting league size preference]
dirty harry [awaiting league size preference]
dawinna13
boredguy [awaiting league size preference]Waiting for:
nyrblue2

Votes for league size are:
14 members: moans, kamranish, eff1ngham, (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1368)Buffalo87, boredguy (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1003)
13 members: moans, eff1ngham, (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1368)Buffalo87, boredguy (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1003)
12 members: moans, b_illin, mrtybrodur30, two24four, (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1455)eff1ngham, (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1368)Buffalo87, boredguy (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1003)

Votes for Complete Game category:
Remove CG: kamranish, eff1ngham, b_illin
Keep CG:

Votes for Walks category:
Add W: boredguy, kamranish
Leave W Out:

Votes for Move Cap:
Unlimited: kamranish
Set Limit/Restriction: b_illin

The settings are directly from the original HI Keeper League. They are:
Scoring Type:Head-to-Head
Player Universe:All baseball
Max Moves:No maximum
Max Trades:No maximum
Trade Reject Time:1
Trade End Date:August 12, 2007
Waiver Time:1 day
Can't Cut List Provider:None
Trade Review:Commissioner
Post Draft Players:Follow Waiver Rules
Min Innings Pitched:35
Weekly Deadline:Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on:Week 1
Roster Positions:C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Stat Categories:R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, W, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

eff1ngham
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm down for whatever but my preference is not to have CG as a stat. Just because there's really only like 3 pitchers that go the distance on a regular basis (Halladay, Webb and Sabathia) so it seems like the kind of category that will be 1-0 or 0-0 every week. Though I'd be curious to see how it worked for KK in his league. Also, I prefer using hits instead of average, but most leagues I play in use avg so I don't really care one way or the other.

Oh yeah, and trades should be reviewed by the league so we can veto every deal regarless of collusion or not ;)

keyboard
01-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm down for whatever but my preference is not to have CG as a stat. Just because there's really only like 3 pitchers that go the distance on a regular basis (Halladay, Webb and Sabathia) so it seems like the kind of category that will be 1-0 or 0-0 every week. Though I'd be curious to see how it worked for KK in his league. Also, I prefer using hits instead of average, but most leagues I play in use avg so I don't really care one way or the other.

Oh yeah, and trades should be reviewed by the league so we can veto every deal regarless of collusion or not ;)We'll put the CG stat to a vote once we get the members confirmed. Also, about the trading, every trade will go through unless there is obvious collusion, which I don't think will be an issue anyway.

dirty harry
01-13-2008, 12:09 AM
i'm in

keyboard
01-13-2008, 12:53 AM
i'm inAnd what league size would you prefer?

b_illin
01-13-2008, 01:23 AM
I can easily live with no CG categoru. I also feel pretty strong about implementing a max. move cap of <75. (I think streaming in the finals is bullshit with unlimited moves)

dw13
01-13-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm def. in

boredguy
01-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Sure i'll join. I could take or leave CG. Wouldn't mind seeing a cat that rewards walks either walks itself or obp. As for amount of players 12>14>13.

keyboard
01-13-2008, 04:04 AM
I can easily live with no CG categoru. I also feel pretty strong about implementing a max. move cap of <75. (I think streaming in the finals is bullshit with unlimited moves)I think unlimited keeps people interested. If someone maxes out then we get into the problem of controversial trades. Maybe some limit during playoffs?

keyboard
01-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Here is the current list of league members:
kamranish
eff1ngham
two24four
mrtybrodur30
b_illin
moans
Buffalo87
flock_raven
Tormy
dirty harry
dawinna13
boredguyVotes for Move Cap:
Unlimited: kamranish
Set Limit/Restriction: b_illin

The settings are directly from the original HI Keeper League. They are:
Scoring Type:Head-to-Head
Max Teams:12
Roster Positions:C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Stat Categories:R, HR, RBI, SB, Walks, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

dirty harry
01-13-2008, 08:39 AM
12 managers ...will the draft b done on yahoo group page or live draft !!

keyboard
01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
12 managers ...will the draft b done on yahoo group page or live draft !!Group page, so we can skip players who take too long.

Tormy
01-13-2008, 01:16 PM
I like larger leagues...so the bigger the better.

And I'm not picky on the stats.

b_illin
01-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I think unlimited keeps people interested. If someone maxes out then we get into the problem of controversial trades. Maybe some limit during playoffs?

The only problem I have with max moves, be it doing the regular season or playoffs, if that dudes will desperately stream to get certain stats. Eg. one strategy is to draft a sick lineup of batters and ignore the pitchers, then stream like madman to get W's, IP, SO's, etc. in hope those 2-3 pitching ctas along with their hitter will win them the week. Personally, I think that is lame. I don't think 75 or 100 moves is restrictive by any means (that's a move every 2-3 days) and it will inhibit ppl from streaming. (If anybody has ever lost to a streamer, especially in the finals, you know where I am coming from)

With a max move cap, it forces managers to strategically use those moves which I like because, afterall, this is a game of strategy (and a little luck). These are my 2 cents though, so I will go with what the majority chooses.

Tormy
01-13-2008, 02:08 PM
The only problem I have with max moves, be it doing the regular season or playoffs, if that dudes will desperately stream to get certain stats. Eg. one strategy is to draft a sick lineup of batters and ignore the pitchers, then stream like madman to get W's, IP, SO's, etc. in hope those 2-3 pitching ctas along with their hitter will win them the week. Personally, I think that is lame. I don't think 75 or 100 moves is restrictive by any means (that's a move every 2-3 days) and it will inhibit ppl from streaming. (If anybody has ever lost to a streamer, especially in the finals, you know where I am coming from)

With a max move cap, it forces managers to strategically use those moves which I like because, afterall, this is a game of strategy (and a little luck). These are my 2 cents though, so I will go with what the majority chooses.

Agreed.

mrtybrodur30
01-13-2008, 02:41 PM
i think unlimited moves is fine as long as there is no BS streaming done in the playoffs. if it is the commish can just lock that team from making moves. or you can just make no moves in playoffs unless injury if you really wanted to stop streaming. but my vote for is unlimited moves with no streaming done in the playoffs, and if it is they get locked out from making anymore moves.

eff1ngham
01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Max moves doesn't necessarily limit streaming though. If you only make 25 moves all year you could still stream like a madman in the playoffs. I'd say locking rosters is a better option to avoid streaming. Of course I'd like to think that we're all above doing that, but you never know when the championship is on the line ;)

PS: The most competative league I was in had - Hits, Runs, HR, RBI, SB, OPS has the offensive categories. I don't care what we do, but it's just some food for thought

dirty harry
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I Agree With Hits,hr,rbi,sb,runs..pitching W,l,k,era,sv, K As

dirty harry
01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
As For Max Moves !! There Shouldn't Be None As Most Time Someone Picks A Sp For More Stats It's On Sunday And Theres Maibe One Or Two Good To Average Sp Left.... But If We Want To Be Safe You Could Make It At 100 Max Moves Wich Should Give Un Around 4 Per Week Since We Have Around 26 Baseball Weeks...just My 2 Cents But I'l Go With Wich Ever You Decide....

keyboard
01-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I like larger leagues...so the bigger the better.

And I'm not picky on the stats.League size has been voted on and set at 12.

With a max move cap, it forces managers to strategically use those moves which I like because, afterall, this is a game of strategy (and a little luck). These are my 2 cents though, so I will go with what the majority chooses.I agree, streaming at any point of the season is a cheap tactic, but we're talking regulars on this site. I really don't think anyone would do it, but I'll take a vote on it, see if anyone thinks streaming is a legitimate tactic.

i think unlimited moves is fine as long as there is no BS streaming done in the playoffs. if it is the commish can just lock that team from making moves. or you can just make no moves in playoffs unless injury if you really wanted to stop streaming. but my vote for is unlimited moves with no streaming done in the playoffs, and if it is they get locked out from making anymore moves.Locking is a bit extreme. It's the playoffs in fantasy baseball but not in the real world, so roster adjustments are made and we should be able to react to them accordingly.

As For Max Moves !! There Shouldn't Be None As Most Time Someone Picks A Sp For More Stats It's On Sunday And Theres Maibe One Or Two Good To Average Sp Left.... But If We Want To Be Safe You Could Make It At 100 Max Moves Wich Should Give Un Around 4 Per Week Since We Have Around 26 Baseball Weeks...just My 2 Cents But I'l Go With Wich Ever You Decide....I don't think setting such a high max avoids the issue of streaming because, as mentioned above, people could just store them for the playoffs.

dirty harry
01-14-2008, 07:09 AM
they can store them for the playoffs,yes! but first they have to make the playoffs and to make it they might have to move.......anyway ,dont mather !
one thing you can do is to include a lose category ,that way one might think twice before adding a sp ,he might give him a few more k's but also a lose.

keyboard
01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
they can store them for the playoffs,yes! but first they have to make the playoffs and to make it they might have to move.......anyway ,dont mather !
one thing you can do is to include a lose category ,that way one might think twice before adding a sp ,he might give him a few more k's but also a lose.I agree, a loss for pitchers makes sense. We will need to figure out how to avoid streaming. Best thing would be to come up with a concrete definition and then some penalties for violations.

keyboard
01-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Okay. All the league members, we need to vote on the following two things.

Votes for Move Cap:
Unlimited: kamranish, mrtybrodur30 (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1455), dirty harry
Set Limit: b_illin, Tormy
Lock During Playoffs: eff1ngham (http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/member.php?u=1368)

Loss Category:
Add L: dirty harry, kamranish
Remove L:

b_illin
01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I agree, a loss for pitchers makes sense. We will need to figure out how to avoid streaming. Best thing would be to come up with a concrete definition and then some penalties for violations.

I am ok either way with the loss cat - I'll go with the flow, but I do like the idea of defining what is streaming, etc. before the season starts. I only care about max. moves for streaming reasons (to prevent people from doing it...not at all, from doing it all the time), otherwise I could care less.

keyboard
01-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I am ok either way with the loss cat - I'll go with the flow, but I do like the idea of defining what is streaming, etc. before the season starts. I only care about max. moves for streaming reasons (to prevent people from doing it...not at all, from doing it all the time), otherwise I could care less.Okay, so I'm adding the loss category. As for streaming, you want to offer a definition? I would say:

Main Entry:1stream·ing
Pronunciation: \ˈstrē-miŋ\
Function:noun Date:21st century
1: an act or adding a fantasy player to your roster on a regular basis
2: being a douche bag in fantasy sports

So the question is, what's a "regular basis"?

b_illin
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Okay, so I'm adding the loss category. As for streaming, you want to offer a definition? I would say:

Main Entry:1stream·ing
Pronunciation: \ˈstrē-miŋ\
Function:noun Date:21st century
1: an act or adding a fantasy player to your roster on a regular basis
2: being a douche bag in fantasy sports

So the question is, what's a "regular basis"?

How about anything above adding an additional 3-4 starts/week? This allows mild streaming which is alright in my books, but prevents ppl from cycling in 2-3 starts each day.

Eg. you can pick up 3 additional starts for anyone on your roster each week, but that's it - say you add one on Monday, one on Wednesday & one on Friday, then you have used up your ability for that week.

This seems awfully complicated though. Policing should be easy enough as I don't think anyone cares enough to be the streaming nazi, but I'm glad we are talking about this now (proactive) instead of later (reactive), so everyone is hopefully on the same page before the season starts.

dirty harry
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
there's 22 week + playoffs set the max moves at 50.
usualy there's around 35/40 moves in a year ,there's not alot a good pitchers left on the waiver anyway+with the lose cat ,one will think about it twice before going crazy......

eff1ngham
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm fine with adding loses. It's a lot of fun without them because it usually allows you start all your pitchers all the time without worrying about a negative category, but I don't mind if we have it (though I wanted to punch Matt Cain in the face for last year).

I'm not worried about steaming, we don;t need to define anything and setup rules. It's a d-bag move and I think most people don't do it. If you have a pitcher on the 15 day DL and you add/drop a few guys while he's gone, then who cares. If it's someone add/dropping 3 SPs every day, then maybe that's different, but that guy most likely doesn't stand a chance using FA pitching all the time. I'd say the only time it's really a problem is in the playoffs, and even then I think it's a case where you cross that bridge if you come to it. No need to stress about it when the season is still months away (in all the years I've been doing fantasy baseball I only played against a streamer once, and he still lost because FA pitching didn't help him out)

keyboard
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
League members:
kamranish
eff1ngham
two24four
mrtybrodur30
b_illin
moans
Buffalo87
flock_raven
Tormy
dirty harry
OPEN SPOT
boredguyScoring Type:Head-to-Head
Stat Categories:R, HR, RBI, SB, Walks, AVG, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Should we add a hits category or stick with the 6x6?

b_illin
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
League members:
kamranish
eff1ngham
two24four
mrtybrodur30
b_illin
moans
Buffalo87
flock_raven
Tormy
dirty harry
dawinna13
Stat Categories:R, HR, RBI, SB, Walks, AVG, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Should we add a hits category or stick with the 6x6?

I like having more batting stats then pitching myself. Usually 8x6, but not always.

If everyone agrees not to stream (especially in the playoffs), then I say no need for the loss category (although I can live with it too)

How about;
R, HR, RBI, SB, Walks, AVG, Hits, OPS
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

dirty harry
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
yes ,include hits and lose cat

eff1ngham
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
You'd have to do hits or average, but not both. I prefer hits, but I know average is more standard

dirty harry
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
isn't this great ! a anglo ontarian and a quebecois talking !!!
if only bush and iran can do the same lolllllll

b_illin
01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
isn't this great ! a anglo ontarian and a quebecois talking !!!
if only bush and iran can do the same lolllllll

do you play baseball? left field perhaps :D

mrtybrodur30
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
the pitching loss category im fine either way with, i like the 6x6 and i prefer to have avg and not hits.

dw13
01-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I have to ditch man, sorry I got into Rico's league. Was hoping for a spot in it and got in the 2nd year. Thanks though, gonna be a fun league you guys have fun!

nyrblue2
01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Sorry for not noticing this thread for the past few days guys. I tend to only check the non-hockey fanasy sections once or twice a week. Kamranish PM-ed me to let me know there's an open spot (I guess the one vacated by dawinna13). He hasn't confirmed yet, but hopefully he'll let me in, lol.

As far as league settings, 8x6 sounds good to me. I love the loss category for pitchers, and use the same for goalies in one of my hockey league. I vote for adding OPS. Also, since pitchers now have a "negative category", what about adding strikeouts for hitters as the 8th? I don't really like hits as the 8th since we already have batting average.

I am in favor of setting max moves. I doubt the HI forum is full of d-bags who stream, but I still think it makes you think twice while evaluating the necessity of a move. I'd say somewhere around 60.

As far as streaming during playoffs....now I'm not a supporter of streaming, but don't you guys agree that it sucks when all of your SP only get 1 start during a week while your opponent has all 2-start pitchers? I guess losses alleviates that somewhat, but it gives them a head start in W and K. You could say "well then, plan ahead". But the trade deadline is so early, you can't accurately guess who will start for the MLB team because SP get pushed up and down in the rotation all the time. I'm not really sure exactly how to address it, but I think we might need to have some sort discussion and figure out if there is a fair way to allow "mild streaming" during playoffs, so the SP starts aren't imbalanced....

b_illin
01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Sorry for not noticing this thread for the past few days guys. I tend to only check the non-hockey fanasy sections once or twice a week. Kamranish PM-ed me to let me know there's an open spot (I guess the one vacated by dawinna13). He hasn't confirmed yet, but hopefully he'll let me in, lol.

As far as league settings, 8x6 sounds good to me. I love the loss category for pitchers, and use the same for goalies in one of my hockey league. I vote for adding OPS. Also, since pitchers now have a "negative category", what about adding strikeouts for hitters as the 8th? I don't really like hits as the 8th since we already have batting average.

I am in favor of setting max moves. I doubt the HI forum is full of d-bags who stream, but I still think it makes you think twice while evaluating the necessity of a move. I'd say somewhere around 60.

As far as streaming during playoffs....now I'm not a supporter of streaming, but don't you guys agree that it sucks when all of your SP only get 1 start during a week while your opponent has all 2-start pitchers? I guess losses alleviates that somewhat, but it gives them a head start in W and K. You could say "well then, plan ahead". But the trade deadline is so early, you can't accurately guess who will start for the MLB team because SP get pushed up and down in the rotation all the time. I'm not really sure exactly how to address it, but I think we might need to have some sort discussion and figure out if there is a fair way to allow "mild streaming" during playoffs, so the SP starts aren't imbalanced....

I totally agree. Rolling your worst SP everyday is one thing, dropping half your staff constantly is another. I have lost or had to stoop to streaming (to keep up) because of managers who snuck into the playoffs and streamed their asses off for the win. It is SUCH a LAME way to win. I think with a max moves cap as you said NYRBLUE, it will make it difficult to stream too much, even if they save all their moves until the playoffs.

Again though, I go with the flow...I'm just glad we are discussing it now instead of later.

eff1ngham
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of 8x6, or any uneven scoring. I just don't like the idea that even if you win every pitching category you could still lose the week.

I'm fine with W, L, K, SV, ERA, WHIP for pitching stats, that's all pretty standard. And I'm fine with R, HR, RBI, SB for offense. After that I'd say either Hits or AVG (I don't care which one) and then either OPS, Walks or OBP (In my opinion, Hits and OBP go well together, and AVG goes well with OPS or Walks).

I would be okay with an unbalanced scoring if we add Ks for hitters as a negative stat, but I'm completely fine if we leave that out (I always seem to do poorly in leagues with Ks for hitters).

But overall, whatever the majority agrees with is fine with me. I'll adjust to whatever settings we choose :)

dirty harry
01-15-2008, 01:44 PM
hitter - avg,r,h,hr,rbi,sb
pitchers- ip,w,l,sv,k,era,whip,k/9
max move- 60
lets vote and lets draft

nyrblue2
01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Ah, I forgot about K/9. I like using either that or K/BB.

Definitely do not use IP though. First off, it's just luck of the draw who has more 2-start pitchers each week. Second, you're asking for streaming trouble come playoff time.

I also wouldn't mind getting rid of walks for hitters, but really don't want hits. Is 7x7 ok?

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, K, OPS
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

If we want to add a hitter category, I'll vote BB. If we want to remove one, I'll vote K.

If we want to add a pitching category, I'll vote K/9. If we want to remove one, I'll vote L.

keyboard
01-15-2008, 02:13 PM

I am in favor of setting max moves. I doubt the HI forum is full of d-bags who stream, but I still think it makes you think twice while evaluating the necessity of a move. I'd say somewhere around 60.You're in. As for 8x6, that's a bit rough. I think adding Strike Outs is a good idea, though I can see it being unpopular. That would make it 7x6. I still don't like max moves. We could just warn a person if they stream. If the league votes the member was streaming, he's locked for a determined time. Repeat offense maens longer lock period.

I'm not a big fan of 8x6, or any uneven scoring. I just don't like the idea that even if you win every pitching category you could still lose the week.I agree.

keyboard
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BBThat looks good to me.

mrtybrodur30
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
i agree with eff1ngham i dont like the offset batting and pitching cats (8x6) i think the 6x6 is great. i think one thing we need to get out of the way and vote on is avg or hits.....im for avg. i think its better and more challenging( this coming from me who 9 times out of 10 i suck at the avg category lol but i just think its alot better than having a hits category.

as for moves i think unlimited is fine it looks like everyone in here hates streaming(me included) and everyone knows what is crossing the line into streaming and like i said the commish can lock roster moves if someone crosses that line. anyways just giving my opinion on this stuff like everyone else, ill deal with whatever and happy to be in this league, should be some good competition :D

edit: i also dont care for the OPS cat but it sounds like most of you do lol but anyways just giving my vote on that.

b_illin
01-15-2008, 05:44 PM
pitchers- ip,w,l,sv,k,era,whip,k/9
max move- 60
lets vote and lets draft

I have always believed that there should be more batting stats than pitching stats as each team has more batters, but by no means I am down with more pitching stats then batting!

PS: I also vote for a draft within no earlier than a month before the season opener - someone always gets screwed with the early draft and it sucks to be that guy before the season even begins!

b_illin
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Ah, I forgot about K/9. I like using either that or K/BB.

Definitely do not use IP though. First off, it's just luck of the draw who has more 2-start pitchers each week. Second, you're asking for streaming trouble come playoff time.

I also wouldn't mind getting rid of walks for hitters, but really don't want hits. Is 7x7 ok?

If we want to add a hitter category, I'll vote BB. If we want to remove one, I'll vote K.

If we want to add a pitching category, I'll vote K/9. If we want to remove one, I'll vote L.

I like the bold above - I think K/BB is unnecessary...but again, I go with the flow.

dirty harry
01-15-2008, 08:23 PM
pitchers- ,w,l,sv,k,era,whip,k/9
max move- 60
we cant do this draft 1 month before ,it will take atleast 2 to 3 months to do this draft ....i dont kno how the commish will set this up but usualy everyone as 24 hours to do there pick in the first two rondes ,then it goes down to 16 the 12 in the last rounds ..commish ask kk about how he does it ,he will gladly help you ,football takes 2 to 3 month,maibe because it's summer time and lots of the boys are on vacation ,so baseball might take less time ...but it will take atleast 2 months garanty ......

b_illin
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
max move- 60
we cant do this draft 1 month before ,it will take atleast 2 to 3 months to do this draft ....i dont kno how the commish will set this up but usualy everyone as 24 hours to do there pick in the first two rondes ,then it goes down to 16 the 12 in the last rounds ..commish ask kk about how he does it ,he will gladly help you ,football takes 2 to 3 month,maibe because it's summer time and lots of the boys are on vacation ,so baseball might take less time ...but it will take atleast 2 months garanty ......

It shouldn't take anywhere near that long. I did one with KK for football and it a month...in the middle of the Summer when everyone was busy. 2-3 months is WAY excessive in my eyes.

Also, no max. moves is alright with me given the rules about locking streamers - glad we sorted this out now.

PS: 24 hrs between picks is WAY too long. We all check our emails, etc. at least once every 12 hrs, so I think that is fair and reasonable.

mrtybrodur30
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM

out of these cats that you listed i dont see the point in having avg and hits

so avg,r, hr, rbi, sb

and there shouldnt be more pitching than hitting, i would lose the k/9 innings.

w,l,sv,k,era,whip are all fine. i think 6x6 is perfect and we could jut add 1 more category to the hitting cats, k's or BB etc etc...

keyboard
01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
out of these cats that you listed i dont see the point in having avg and hits

so avg,r, hr, rbi, sb

and there shouldnt be more pitching than hitting, i would lose the k/9 innings.

w,l,sv,k,era,whip are all fine. i think 6x6 is perfect and we could jut add 1 more category to the hitting cats, k's or BB etc etc...R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, K, OPS

7x7. I like the K category because getting power hitters who strike out often might cost you as much as it helps.

eff1ngham
01-16-2008, 01:38 PM

7x7. I like the K category because getting power hitters who strike out often might cost you as much as it helps.

I am fine with these categories

mrtybrodur30
01-16-2008, 02:04 PM

7x7. I like the K category because getting power hitters who strike out often might cost you as much as it helps.i like the 6x6 and lose the two cats at the end for pitching and hitting, but this 7x7 isnt bad at all either i think. i would be good with it.

dirty harry
01-16-2008, 03:46 PM

sounds good with me .

b_illin
01-16-2008, 05:04 PM

I'm down for this.

mrtybrodur30
01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
looks like we might have this figured out then. unless others in the league dont like something in there.

Buffalo87
01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't know, I don't like K for hitters but I'll pretty much go with the flow. Not really a big deal for me.

Tormy
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm actually a fan of TB (Total Bases) for hitters instead of strikeouts. It helps seperate the better players from each other and not just those who hit homeruns.

keyboard
01-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't know, I don't like K for hitters but I'll pretty much go with the flow. Not really a big deal for me.Someone made a valid point arguing that if pitchers have a loss category, batters should also face some negative category. This also helps in at hindering streaming players in some respect, because you can't just get positive totals from picking up players for empty spots in your roster.

I'm actually a fan of TB (Total Bases) for hitters instead of strikeouts. It helps seperate the better players from each other and not just those who hit homeruns.I think this could encourage streaming, or at the very least, reward teams for picking up streaking players with no consequence whatsoever.

boredguy
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
No one streams batters since they pretty much play every day. Getting those extra 8 ab's a week from what's basically a waiver wire player ain't gonna matter much. I'm not a big fan of of using K's though, all it really does is bring down the value of some of the big hitters widening the gap between the 20-30 great players and the rest.

dirty harry
01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
i agree,i also cant stand k's for batters,never did never will,i promised myself never to join a league that as k's for batter again ..and i wont ,sorry !!

moans
01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the ks for hitters, and would prefer the tb cat instead. THe rest of the cats look good though.
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB, OPS

dirty harry
01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the ks for hitters, and would prefer the tb cat instead. THe rest of the cats look good though.
that gets my vote

keyboard
01-17-2008, 02:31 PM
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BBOkay, let's make it 6x6 and get rid of the last 2 categories at the end. Final settings are:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Personally I think anyone afraid to play with Ks is afraid to have a balanced team. Because right now it's geared towards power hitters. TB, R, RBI, HR... a power hitter's league. With Ks it forces teams to reconsider when drafting.

b_illin
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Okay, let's make it 6x6 and get rid of the last 2 categories at the end. Final settings are:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Personally I think anyone afraid to play with Ks is afraid to have a balanced team. Because right now it's geared towards power hitters. TB, R, RBI, HR... a power hitter's league. With Ks it forces teams to reconsider when drafting.

I agree...and I also like OPS personally, although it can be argued that is power-stat'ish as well. If that is the fear, why not straight up OBP which makes lots of non-power guys more attractive.

eff1ngham
01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't mind Ks. If you look at the stats for Ks last season, a lot of the best players in the league also have a lot of strikeouts. There are very few players who are top tier that don't strikeout a lot (Jose Reyes, Pujols and Vald come to mind), but a lot of the best players like A-Rod, Ryan Howard, Matt Holliday, Chase Utley, etc, they all K well over 100 times a season. So it's not like the lower level players (rounds 15-20) strike out more, it really just depends on the player, but it's not like the best fantasy players don't strikeout.

But if more people are against it than are for it, then we don't need to have it. I do like the fact that it''s a negative stat for hitters though, since we have loses for pitchers which is also purely negative.

Also, I prefer OPS to TB

keyboard
01-17-2008, 04:11 PM
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS [K]
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP [K/BB]

A lot of guys aren't loving the Ks. In fact, dirty harry will leave if we keep it. I don't negotiate with terrorists though.

dirty harry
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS [K]
W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP [K/BB]

A lot of guys aren't loving the Ks. In fact, dirty harry will leave if we keep it. I don't negotiate with terrorists though.
good one commish! lollllll

lets get the draft rolling soon ,this might take a whie,some of us are in this kind of draft for the first time .I SAY WE START THE 1ST OF FEBRUARY.
HERE'S ANOTHER VOTE FOR YA LOLLLLLLLLLL
PLAY BALL

Tormy
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I also hate strikeouts for batters. HATE.

I would really enjoy the 7x7 a few of the other guys like:

Buffalo87
01-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I also hate strikeouts for batters. HATE.

I would really enjoy the 7x7 a few of the other guys like:

I like this, the last one for each is debateable. I don't like K's for hitters though. So anything without that and Im pretty happy.

mrtybrodur30
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
i agree that having 1 negative for batting is good so i would vote to keep K's for hitters.

flock-raven
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Whats the situation like for availability?

keyboard
01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
League members:
kamranish
eff1ngham
two24four
mrtybrodur30
b_illin
moans
Buffalo87
flock_raven
Tormy
dirty harry
nyrblue2
Stat Categories:R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB, OPS, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

Amazing Oopah
01-19-2008, 01:17 PM
you guys still looking for someone? I see an OPEN SPOT unless that's a player name. :)

I'd be interested if there's a spot in the waiting list.

keyboard
01-19-2008, 04:10 PM
you guys still looking for someone? I see an OPEN SPOT unless that's a player name. :)

I'd be interested if there's a spot in the waiting list.Sorry, forgot to add nyrblue2.

nyrblue2
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Sorry, forgot to add nyrblue.
nyrblue2....No love for Leetch? lol

dirty harry
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
we're all set ! so when do we draft ?

keyboard
01-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Draft order and date TBA.

dirty harry
01-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Draft order and date TBA.

sorry my french but does TBA mean (to be announce).
dont announce us a TBA ,just tell us when the draft will be and the order lollllllll

b_illin
01-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey Kam, may I suggest we start the draft 1st-2nd week of February and for the order, perhaps a draft randomizer would work. http://www.profantasysports.com/draft_randomizer/

mrtybrodur30
01-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Draft order and date TBA.cool

keyboard
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Kam, may I suggest we start the draft 1st-2nd week of February and for the order, perhaps a draft randomizer would work. http://www.profantasysports.com/draft_randomizer/That sounds like a good time. I was just waiting to see when Yahoo! would let us register a league, but that might be too late.

eff1ngham
01-28-2008, 01:25 AM
I believe I read the first or second week in february is when they open it up. Probably around the time pitchers and catchers report (which I think is in about 2 weeks)

dirty harry
02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
baseball season is starting in less then 2 months ,can we get drafting boys...

nyrblue2
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
baseball season is starting in less then 2 months ,can we get drafting boys...
Fine, I'll take Santana, Reyes, A-Rod and Pujols.

:D

keyboard
02-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I'll get on this first thing in the morning.

nyrblue2
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Sorry if this is already stated somewhere in the thread - I didn't find anything after a quick scan...

What are the keeper rules here? Keep all players? Keep a limited amount? Is there a max amount of years you can keep a guy? Max amount of guys from one position you can keep? Do we lose a draft pick corresponding to your keeper guy's previous draft round? Just some things I'd like to consider before we draft...

b_illin
02-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I like to keep 7-8 myself....rewards those who take the draft seriously.

PS: I would also like to have the draft completed, or close at least, by early March...for me it for selfish reasons as I may be in SE Asia where internet is not so good and my mind will be on things unrelated to baseball....like lying on a beach and having this thing called sex with my gf (she's been gone since late-November :\)

nyrblue2
02-07-2008, 01:12 PM

PS: I would also like to have the draft completed, or close at least, by early March...for me it for selfish reasons as I may be in SE Asia where internet is not so good and my mind will be on things unrelated to baseball....like lying on a beach and having this thing called sex with my gf (she's been gone since late-November :\)
Ooooooo, is this a new invention? Do tell!

:rolleyes:

Beach sex rocks actually, lol.

dirty harry
02-07-2008, 02:03 PM

PS: I would also like to have the draft completed, or close at least, by early March...for me it for selfish reasons as I may be in SE Asia where internet is not so good and my mind will be on things unrelated to baseball....like lying on a beach and having this thing called sex with my gf (she's been gone since late-November :\)is march30th early anough for you,cause that's what it,s gonna be..12 guys picking 20 players on a yahoo group page will take forever......... so have fun guys ,i'm out !!!

moans
02-08-2008, 03:37 AM
if we can all agree on a time we should jsut have a yahoo draft. Makes it easier and its a one and done thing. Then next year do a message board draft thing.

mrtybrodur30
02-08-2008, 04:07 AM
if we can all agree on a time we should jsut have a yahoo draft. Makes it easier and its a one and done thing. Then next year do a message board draft thing.yeah this would be the easiest way for this year for sure but it could be hard for everyone to agree on the time.

boredguy
02-08-2008, 04:11 AM
if we can all agree on a time we should jsut have a yahoo draft. Makes it easier and its a one and done thing. Then next year do a message board draft thing.

Agreeing to a time is not easier though.

keyboard
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
I'd prefer a Yahoo! draft. We need to first find out if everyone can draft on any of the following weekends:

FEB 9/10
kamranish

FEB 16/17
kamranish

FEB 23/24
kamranish

I'll update this list as more of you confirm.

nyrblue2
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
This weekend (9/10) would actually be best for me...

b_illin
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
The only problem with a live draft is that with this being a keeper league, ppl may want to draft players not listed on yahoo. I think we can do an offline draft quickly is we all agree to choose a weekend and commit to getting the draft done. This 12 hour window stuff is unnecessary if we are all there and take 2-3 minutes each.

If Dirty Harry is out, Hawkeye or Suckerpuncher may be interested...let me know if I should PM them.

Buffalo87
02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
The only problem with a live draft is that with this being a keeper league, ppl may want to draft players not listed on yahoo. I think we can do an offline draft quickly is we all agree to choose a weekend and commit to getting the draft done. This 12 hour window stuff is unnecessary if we are all there and take 2-3 minutes each.

If Dirty Harry is out, Hawkeye or Suckerpuncher may be interested...let me know if I should PM them.

I agree, I'm not a big fan off Yahoo drafts for keeper leagues. I would prefer to do an off-line draft.

Tormy
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
We still have 6 weeks guys. I'm sure we could do a forum draft rather quickly.

20 picks, 12 teams. 240 picks / 6 weeks = A pick every four and a half hours.

That is more than do-able.

nyrblue2
02-08-2008, 01:23 PM
This weekend (9/10) would actually be best for me...
Yea, just to clarify. My preference for this weekend was only if we had to do a Yahoo draft. I'd rather have it message baord style anyway...

keyboard
02-08-2008, 01:45 PM
We still have 6 weeks guys. I'm sure we could do a forum draft rather quickly.

20 picks, 12 teams. 240 picks / 6 weeks = A pick every four and a half hours.

That is more than do-able.4.5 hours? Who is going to draft during the AM?

nyrblue2
02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
4.5 hours? Who is going to draft during the AM?
Nobody, but that works out to under 6 picks a day. I am pretty sure we can handle getting at least 6 picks in per day, even they all come within half an hour of each other.

I bet we can finish a round per day, considering everyone in the league is pretty much on at the same time during the evening hours anyway.

keyboard
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Okay, so now we need to determine how many keepers for each season.

b_illin
02-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Nobody, but that works out to under 6 picks a day. I am pretty sure we can handle getting at least 6 picks in per day, even they all come within half an hour of each other.

I bet we can finish a round per day, considering everyone in the league is pretty much on at the same time during the evening hours anyway.

Totally, and if we all pick a weekend and implement a buddy system in case someone is out (call in the occasional pick so as not to slow everyone else down), we should be able to get it done in no time. Maybe we can all try to at least get 10 rounds competed on a set weekend, which again, sounds daunting, but it is pretty easy to do. It just means we all have to be near our computers and check our emails every 15-20mins. If ppl are paying attention, we should be able to do at least a round/hour or two that way. Just my 2 cents

flock-raven
02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Either way its done is fine by me. I'm free anytime on weekends except 9am-12 saturdays.

keyboard
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
It took long enough, I know, but you can now join the league.

League ID#: 39159
Password: hidotcom

I'd like to make a request; could you all sign up to the league using your Hockey Informer forum usernames as your team name? This is to avoid confusion when trying to contact any of you. Thanks.

nyrblue2
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
It took long enough, I know, but you can now join the league.

League ID#: 39159
Password: hidotcom

I'd like to make a request; could you all sign up using your Hockey Informer forum usernames? This is to avoid confusion when trying to contact any of you. Thanks.
Do you mean our team name has to match our HI name? Or our Yahoo user name has to match our HI name?

keyboard
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Do you mean our team name has to match our HI name? Or our Yahoo user name has to match our HI name?Team name when you're joining the league.

Buffalo87
02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
6 picks a day is MORE than manageable. I've done 3 or 4 full off-line drafts and typically we'll get 6 picks easily each day. On average, I'd say we'd get 10-12 picks done a day. I'd much rather have an offline draft.

keyboard
02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
6 picks a day is MORE than manageable. I've done 3 or 4 full off-line drafts and typically we'll get 6 picks easily each day. On average, I'd say we'd get 10-12 picks done a day. I'd much rather have an offline draft.That's what we will do then. Now we just determine the number of keepers and draft order.

keyboard
02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
In terms of how keepers will work, here's what King_Killah told me he does:

Here are the settings that we use. This league is now in its 4th season. The settings for the most part have been the same. Although this season we will be adding a second DL spot. Also, as part of the keeper rules. Each player is assigned a draft value. Wherever he was drafted last season if you keep him you lose that pick. FA picks/WW guys are subject to Yahoo ranking to determine their draft value. Now of course you don't have to get all crazy like that, its just something we do and something that I have done in several leagues both HI and not.It's a pretty cool idea, and if we can manage it I think we should do it, too. However, we still need to decide how many we keep.

mrtybrodur30
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
i actually dont like that at all keeping someone then losing your pick but thats just me. anyways i think we could make an amount and if its good we could expand it next year etc etc...also b_illin said he doesnt like yahoo drafts since he cant draft people that are not in the yahoo database. sooo what exactly are the rules for picking???? is anyone and everyone allowed or what??? what exactly classifies someone being available to pick?

b_illin
02-09-2008, 12:31 AM
i actually dont like that at all keeping someone then losing your pick but thats just me. anyways i think we could make an amount and if its good we could expand it next year etc etc...also b_illin said he doesnt like yahoo drafts since he cant draft people that are not in the yahoo database. sooo what exactly are the rules for picking???? is anyone and everyone allowed or what??? what exactly classifies someone being available to pick?

Me too....and my vote would be for 7 keepers.

Re: offline drafts - personally, I think you should be able to draft young prospects who aren't in the yahoo database...guys like Braun last year who, I believe, was not in the system at draft time. Perhaps we can do a 10 round live draft, then a 10 round offline draft? I figure any top 120 player will be in the system, so that way we can do half the draft quickly and take a week or two for the value rounds.

Buffalo87
02-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I say we just do an offline draft and anybody is up for draft. Personally, I don't really like the idea of your keepers replacing whatever round pick you drafted them in. Also, I like to keep as many as possible, I think if you pay close attention to your team and have a solid line-up top to bottom you should be rewarded, rather than somebody who has 4 or 5 studs and then a bunch of marginal guys. So the more the better for me.

b_illin
02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I say we just do an offline draft and anybody is up for draft. Personally, I don't really like the idea of your keepers replacing whatever round pick you drafted them in. Also, I like to keep as many as possible, I think if you pay close attention to your team and have a solid line-up top to bottom you should be rewarded, rather than somebody who has 4 or 5 studs and then a bunch of marginal guys. So the more the better for me.

Me too, would happily keep more than 7, but picked 7 as it seems a fair number. With 20 player rosters, I could easily be talked into 8+ if everyone else agrees

Buffalo87
02-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I just checked and my last off-line draft was last year for hockey. The draft took almost exactly a month for 392 picks. The draft was in late Feb preparing for this season so there definitely was not any rush to get the draft done. I don't think it's unreasonable to think we could get this thing done in 3-4 weeks. You'd be surprised, when you can get a good chunk of people around on any night you can easily whip out 8-10 picks in a matter of an hour or two. Also if somebody isn't going to be around they can just email their pick to somebody.

keyboard
02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Okay, we will do an offline draft. Also, the reason I like King_Killah's keeper system is it allows for parity and gives new teams a chance if we add any on in the future. I am waiting for all 12 teams to sign up to the league before starting the draft. If they don't do it by the end of the weekend, I'll send a PM. If they don't do it by WED, they will either be replaced to dropped from the league altogether.

dirty harry
02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
is the group page ready,are your files ready ,where are we at now !!
how will this work ! how many hours will we have when our time is up to make our pick??
as of monday feb 11th we are 11.i think we should get rolling real soon, commish ,if you cant find a 12th manager i'm willing to step out as i have 4 other leagues already ........

nyrblue2
02-11-2008, 11:29 AM
is the group page ready,are your files ready ,where are we at now !!
how will this work ! how many hours will we have when our time is up to make our pick??
as of monday feb 11th we are 11.i think we should get rolling real soon, commish ,if you cant find a 12th manager i'm willing to step out as i have 4 other leagues already ........
Dude, what is the rush? Read through the last page or so of posts. We have plenty of time to get a draft done.

I know many (not just you) wouldn't agree with me, but I would honestly rather wait until a few weeks after spring training starts to get going. What if you discover one of your early picks is holding out, or came to camp injured or out-of-shape?

I know you're a serious fantasy player, but you seem to have the bug more anyone I've seen yet! :p Nothing wrong with enthusiasm, though...

eff1ngham
02-11-2008, 11:46 AM
I think an offline draft is fine. We can easily get 6 players in a day in to draft, especially early on when it's going to go fast.

My vote is for either 7 or 8 keepers, preferably 7. I don't particularly like the systems where you lose the draft pick above where you drafted them (take a guy in the 5th rd and the next year you lose your 4th rd pick). I don't mind losing the round you drafted them as it rewards you for making good keeper picks later on, but overall I wouldn't mind not losing any picks either and just re-drafting everyone that's not kept in the next season

dirty harry
02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I think an offline draft is fine. We can easily get 6 players in a day in to draft, especially early on when it's going to go fast.

My vote is for either 7 or 8 keepers, preferably 7. I don't particularly like the systems where you lose the draft pick above where you drafted them (take a guy in the 5th rd and the next year you lose your 4th rd pick). I don't mind losing the round you drafted them as it rewards you for making good keeper picks later on, but overall I wouldn't mind not losing any picks either and just re-drafting everyone that's not kept in the next seasonwhy would i lose a draft pick next year ! can someone explain that one for me ,i never been in a keeper where you lose fraft picks.after the season why all protect 7 or 8 players each and at next years draft the manager that finished last as the first pick and so on............
i still think that the draft wont b done on time ! but if it is you can all come down to montreal,beers on me at chez paré

b_illin
02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Is there a master list of sorts so we can avoid players being taking more than once?

nyrblue2
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Is there a master list of sorts so we can avoid players being taking more than once?
Couple ways to do this.

We can do the leg-work ourselves, print off (or put in Excel or something) the first 10 or so pages of Yahoo ranked players (I think there is 25 per page). Then just cross them off as they get selected and if someone takes somebody off the board, just write their name at the bottom of your sheet. Just double-check and there should be no problems.

Or....if our esteemed commish is so inclined....he could manually add the draft picks in every day (or as often as he sees fit), so then we can use the actual Yahoo players' list to be an updated list of who's available. That would be very nice so we could quickly sort FA's based on certain stats.

But of course, that's up to the commish...:D

boredguy
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM

I have an excel file listing of all players in Yahoo that i keep for another league. Once the group is up i'll put it in there and keep it updated through the draft.

keyboard
02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I will gladly update the league with picks once they have been made. Anyway, everyone has joined the league. So that's good. Now we need to determine the number of keepers, the keeper style (losing a draft pick is intense and rewards managers who know the game well), draft order, and draft date. If you could all just post the following, that would be great.

Keepers: 4 of 20
Keeper Style: Lose draft pick
Draft order: I have an idea for this. It's completely random. I will post it later tonight.
Draft date: I agree we should let teams settle down before rushing into it. We could always drop the roster size if we run out of time.

If you could all post in that format, and not discuss other people's choices, we could get these decisions made faster. Thanks.

keyboard
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
On a side note, Dirty Harry, why have you only had 400 posts in 3 years? I would like to have active, committed members of HI in this league, and your numbers arouse some concern.

boredguy
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Dirty's in a couple of football leagues with king_killah and seems active enough in those.

keepers: 6
Style: traditional where you don't lose a draft pick.
Draft order should be random, there's enough random number generators that this shouldn't be tough to do.
Draft date: I'd say we should start the draft within a week or so, while we shouldn't have to rush we can't wait around that long either or we will have to rush.

nyrblue2
02-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Keepers: 5 of 20
Draft order: Random
Draft date: Start 1-2 weeks after spring training starts (everybody, not just pitchers/catchers)

boredguy
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Keepers: 5 of 20
Draft date: Start 1-2 weeks after spring training starts (everybody, not just pitchers/catchers)

1-2 weeks after spring training offcially starts means we'd be starting the draft after March 6th giving us less then 20 days to draft. MLB season starts March 25.

nyrblue2
02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
1-2 weeks after spring training offcially starts means we'd be starting the draft after March 6th giving us less then 20 days to draft. MLB season starts March 25.
I think we can do a round per day (at least). I'd hate to draft a guy and find out he's hurt...

boredguy
02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I think we can do a round per day (at least). I'd hate to draft a guy and find out he's hurt...

Which can happen if you draft 3/4 of the way through the season too. I never understood this reasoning.

And based on doing these types of draft a round a day is not all that likely. You also want to finish a few days before the actual start of the season.

Buffalo87
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Keepers: 8 of 20
Keeper Style: Tradition, not losing draft pick
Draft order: Random - via draft randomizer
Draft date: Within a week or two, waiting a week or two into spring training is wayyy to long IMO

two24four
02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Keepers: 5 of 20.
Keeper Style: Lose draft pick.
Draft date: I also say in the next week or two we get this going, I also think waiting untill week two of spring training is abit to long.

moans
02-11-2008, 11:28 PM
keepers: 5-8
keeper style: traditional
draft: start whenever.
random draft order for sure.

mrtybrodur30
02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
keepers: 5-8
keeper style: traditional
draft: start whenever.
random draft order for sure.

i agree with all these moans listed.

Tormy
02-12-2008, 02:24 AM
i agree with all these moans listed.

As do I.

mrtybrodur30
02-12-2008, 04:39 AM
As do I.lmao that blue drink avatar from farmerbob's pic is still hilarious :lol:

b_illin
02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Keepers: 8 of 20 (min. of 7)
Draft date: Within the next week or so

eff1ngham
02-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Keepers: 7
Style: Traditional (do not lose draft picks)
Draft Order: Randomize it, there's plenty of good draft randomizing tools out there
Draft Start Date: Whenever.

I'd like to get going kind of soon, like in about 2 weeks, but I also don't want to have to wait too long in between picks. We should probably come up with some kind of time limit, or timeframe for when we want to have rounds finished in the draft. I don't know what timezones we're all in, but I bet we can come up something that works for all of us. Plus with a draft randomizer we'll know the order, so you'll have an idea of the players available at each pick. Just do your research ahead of time and we should be able to get through it fast enough

keyboard
02-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Okay, thanks for all the input, guys. Here are the final settings, if you don't like them, let me know ASAP so we can find a replacement.

Keepers: 5
Style: Lose draft pick
Draft order: Online randomizer
Draft date: Monday, February 25th, 2008

My reasoning for the low keeps are losing draft picks is that since you only keep 5, you can only lose a maximum of 5 draft picks, and that's if you don't keep any late rounders of FA. The low keeper amount helps moderate with the losing of the draft pick. I need to know if any of you want to leave the league before I randomize the draft order and post the results. Thanks.

eff1ngham
02-12-2008, 10:49 AM
That is fine with me. Question though, losing the pick means the round you took them in right? Not like if you took the guy in the 5th, you lose your 4th round pick or something like that. If I keep my 5th round pick, I then don't pick in the 5th round the next year. Also, am I correct in assuming that if you keep a FA, you lose your very last pick in the draft?

keyboard
02-12-2008, 10:57 AM
That is fine with me. Question though, losing the pick means the round you took them in right? Not like if you took the guy in the 5th, you lose your 4th round pick or something like that. If I keep my 5th round pick, I then don't pick in the 5th round the next year. Also, am I correct in assuming that if you keep a FA, you lose your very last pick in the draft?Right on. You lose only the round the player was drafted in, so a 5th round keeper means you don't draft in the 5th round in 2009. As for the FA keeper, FA picks/WW guys are subject to Yahoo ranking to determine their draft value for the following year. So, you could end up keeping a guy you got off FA who was ranked very low but in the 2009 could potentially be ranked in the top 10. This helps in reflecting the current value of players in the pool.

Buffalo87
02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Okay, thanks for all the input, guys. Here are the final settings, if you don't like them, let me know ASAP so we can find a replacement.

Keepers: 5
Style: Lose draft pick
Draft order: Online randomizer
Draft date: Monday, February 25th, 2008

My reasoning for the low keeps are losing draft picks is that since you only keep 5, you can only lose a maximum of 5 draft picks, and that's if you don't keep any late rounders of FA. The low keeper amount helps moderate with the losing of the draft pick. I need to know if any of you want to leave the league before I randomize the draft order and post the results. Thanks.

I don't mean to stir up trouble but I have a question. Why did you ask for input? 6 out of 10 said traditional, not losing a draft pick...yet we're doing the lose draft pick style. 1 person voted for 4 keepers, two votes for 5 keepers, one vote for 6 keepers, one vote for 7 keepers, two votes for 8 keepers, and 3 votes for 5-8 keepers. I dont' know, I'm not a mathematician but that doesn't seem to average out to 5. So 2 votes for 5, 1 vote for fewer than 5, 3 votes for more than 5, and 3 votes for 5-8 which is essentially more than 5.

I understand you're the commish and all and you have the right to make the settings whatever you wish, I'm just wondering why did you ask?

b_illin
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Kam, you are the only person who wants to lose a draft pick - everyone else is against it so may I suggest we lose that rule?

I also would have thought we'd have picked a number between 5-8 seeing as everyone chose between 5-8 - why did you even ask ppl's opinions if you were going to do it your way the whole time?

Edit: I see Buffalo87 feels the same way I do about asking opinions!

nyrblue2
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Kam, you are the only person who wants to lose a draft pick - everyone else is against it so may I suggest we lose that rule?

I also would have thought we'd have picked a number between 5-8 seeing as everyone chose between 5-8 - why did you even ask ppl's opinions if you were going to do it your way the whole time?

Edit: I see Buffalo87 feels the same way I do about asking opinions!
If you check the thread, the people who voted to lose a draft pick are kam, myself, two24four and...............b_illin? :confused:

Keepers: 8 of 20 (min. of 7)
Draft date: Within the next week or so

Based on your latest response, I'm guessing your vote was a mistype?

Also, my vote was based on the premise that FA/WW guys would cause you to lose your final draft pick. I didn't know they would be based on the year's Yahoo rankings. I apologize if that was actually mentioned in the thread, but I didn't notice it. I would have liked to reward quality FA pickups (think Corey Hart, Curtis Granderson last season) with only losing a late pick, so this new idea doesn't appeal to me as much. Overall, I've never done a keeper (baseball) league before, so it doesn't matter much to me. Consider my vote changed to "Keeper Style: I don't care"...

What about getting rid of the losing of draft picks, but only allow each team to keep a guy for a max of 2 or 3 years?

b_illin
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
If you check the thread, the people who voted to lose a draft pick are kam, myself, two24four and...............b_illin? :confused:

Based on your latest response, I'm guessing your vote was a mistype?

Also, my vote was based on the premise that FA/WW guys would cause you to lose your final draft pick. I didn't know they would be based on the year's Yahoo rankings. I apologize if that was actually mentioned in the thread, but I didn't notice it. I would have liked to reward quality FA pickups (think Corey Hart, Curtis Granderson last season) with only losing a late pick, so this new idea doesn't appeal to me as much. Overall, I've never done a keeper (baseball) league before, so it doesn't matter much to me. Consider my vote changed to "Keeper Style: I don't care"...

What about getting rid of the losing of draft picks, but only allow each team to keep a guy for a max of 2 or 3 years?

Must have been because I don't like the losing a draft pick idea one bit - I find it confuses things greatly and I see no problem with simply keeping the players. Every keeper league I have been in with weird rules does not go as well as the ones where you simply pick the guys you want to keep and draft each year. K.I.S.S. - people come back year after year to the easy leagues, not the ones that make you think too much before the draft even happens!

dirty harry
02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Must have been because I don't like the losing a draft pick idea one bit - I find it confuses things greatly and I see no problem with simply keeping the players. Every keeper league I have been in with weird rules does not go as well as the ones where you simply pick the guys you want to keep and draft each year. K.I.S.S. - people come back year after year to the easy leagues, not the ones that make you think too much before the draft even happens!
THERE YOU GO !! IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT !!

mrtybrodur30
02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't mean to stir up trouble but I have a question. Why did you ask for input? 6 out of 10 said traditional, not losing a draft pick...yet we're doing the lose draft pick style. 1 person voted for 4 keepers, two votes for 5 keepers, one vote for 6 keepers, one vote for 7 keepers, two votes for 8 keepers, and 3 votes for 5-8 keepers. I dont' know, I'm not a mathematician but that doesn't seem to average out to 5. So 2 votes for 5, 1 vote for fewer than 5, 3 votes for more than 5, and 3 votes for 5-8 which is essentially more than 5.

I understand you're the commish and all and you have the right to make the settings whatever you wish, I'm just wondering why did you ask?wondering all this as well.

eff1ngham
02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't really have an issue with it. He's the commish and was asking for our opinions. I was never under the impression that it was going to be a vote or a majority rules kind of thing. I don't mind, it's not like we're all going to get our way, just like in any league, not like it's a big deal

keyboard
02-12-2008, 03:29 PM

I understand you're the commish and all and you have the right to make the settings whatever you wish, I'm just wondering why did you ask?I apologize, I just wanted to gauge reactions. No one (expect you) showed any real concern over the keeper amount, so I went with 5 (again, for the sake of parity and expansion). The people who voted for 5-8 I thought of as more like "I don't care", so I placed them under 5. As for losing the draft pick, even though King_Killah does it, and all of us wanted to probably be in his league, we all don't want to? So if he offered you a spot in his league you'd pass because you don't like his keeper format, despite the fact his league has been together for 3 years and everyone comes back? To me, that's a tested customization that works.

Edit: I see Buffalo87 feels the same way I do about asking opinions!I took everyone's opinion into consideration, but the number 5 showed up more to me than 8. And anyone who voted under 8 I also considered closer to 5 than to 8. 8 is nearly half the team, guys! Come on.

What about getting rid of the losing of draft picks, but only allow each team to keep a guy for a max of 2 or 3 years?You know, I didn't like the fact you would lose the draft pick based on the new ranking either. I think we can customize it and make it so you only lose your last pick if the player wasn't drafted but he was kept. I'm totally on board with that.

As for your other point, I think each team should keep a player for as long as they want. I think others will agree with that.

Okay, so clearly asking for opinions is landing me in some hot water. While I understand we aren't all going to agree, I don't understand some of your points.

1. Keep more than 5: Why? So you have a stronghold on the best players in the league and make anyone who joins the pool feel like they may not have as good of a chance of winning? I totally think this league will expand in the years to come and I think keeping 8 suffocates enthusiasm for expansion. If this was a money league, I'd agree, you should get rewarded for making the right choices, but hey, we're here to have fun. 5 is enough so you keep your best but it also means you're going to have to remain competitive by playing smart for years to come.

2. Not losing draft picks: A longer running, more successful league is going with this style. Some of you said it's confusing, well... no one in the league that does it is complaining. Maybe I'm alone in saying this but if I wanted a normal league I'd join a public one. We have the opportunity here to have a league with informed, participatory members who really enjoy the game, so why not take advantage and try some new things out? What do you have to lose?

I'm sorry if I am coming off like an asshole, apparently it's part of my personality, but I really feel like we could have a more customized, sophisticated league here than your standard H2H.

boredguy
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
You know, I didn't like the fact you would lose the draft pick based on the new ranking either. I think we can customize it and make it so you only lose your last pick if the player wasn't drafted but he was kept. I'm totally on board with that.

Last draft pick doesn't work well, otherwise you get people like Utley, Braun, Philips, Felix Hernandez, BJ Upton being kept in the last round. If you don't want it based on ranks going with something like FA/WW pickups becoming 10th round works better. Honestly picking up WW guys shouldn't give you a huge reward, i prefer rewarding drafting those guys late instead of picking them up after they've started playing well.

In KK's league they also move players up one round every yeear, it helps with having too much reward from drafting high rated prospects late.

Buffalo87
02-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I apologize, I just wanted to gauge reactions. No one (expect you) showed any real concern over the keeper amount, so I went with 5 (again, for the sake of parity and expansion). The people who voted for 5-8 I thought of as more like "I don't care", so I placed them under 5. As for losing the draft pick, even though King_Killah does it, and all of us wanted to probably be in his league, we all don't want to? So if he offered you a spot in his league you'd pass because you don't like his keeper format, despite the fact his league has been together for 3 years and everyone comes back? To me, that's a tested customization that works.

I took everyone's opinion into consideration, but the number 5 showed up more to me than 8. And anyone who voted under 8 I also considered closer to 5 than to 8. 8 is nearly half the team, guys! Come on.

Fair enough, I don't really understand why you made the assumption that because they said 5-8 it should count as 5 but you're the commish.

The bolded part though is some very faulty logic. I can name off a shitload of leagues that have been going strong for 5 years with normal rules. And as somebody already said, I've found that when a lot of people aren't 100% onboard with most of the rules, the leagues don't tend to fare all that well.

As for your other point, I think each team should keep a player for as long as they want. I think others will agree with that.

Completely agree.

All in all, I realize you can make the settings whatever you damn please and anybody that doesn't like it doesn't have to be in it. But, I think you know you have a pretty solid group of guys for this league, and as I said before, when there are problems with rules before we even draft, it's usually not a good sign.

b_illin
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Fair enough, I don't really understand why you made the assumption that because they said 5-8 it should count as 5 but you're the commish.

The bolded part though is some very faulty logic. I can name off a shitload of leagues that have been going strong for 5 years with normal rules. And as somebody already said, I've found that when a lot of people aren't 100% onboard with most of the rules, the leagues don't tend to fare all that well.

Completely agree.

All in all, I realize you can make the settings whatever you damn please and anybody that doesn't like it doesn't have to be in it. But, I think you know you have a pretty solid group of guys for this league, and as I said before, when there are problems with rules before we even draft, it's usually not a good sign.

I agree. Do what you gotta do, but the majority said no thanks to that rule, so I personally think we'd be starting the league off on the wrong foot if we had the keeper rules you propose. I will stay in the league regardless, but I do feel strongly about not having those keeper rules and it seems a few others do as well. Just because KK does it, doesn't mean it's the best way.

keyboard
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM

All in all, I realize you can make the settings whatever you damn please and anybody that doesn't like it doesn't have to be in it. But, I think you know you have a pretty solid group of guys for this league, and as I said before, when there are problems with rules before we even draft, it's usually not a good sign.I think 6-7 votes are closer to 5 because 7 is the max that user would want, and it's between 5 and 8. I'm not going to average it out. It's one or the other, and more votes were cast for under 8.

The flawed logic isn't arguing against normal leagues, it's arguing for trying something new, which people are very against. But, you know, it isn't worth it, so we'll drop it. Standard keeper rules apply.

flock-raven
02-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I am sorry if I haven't been actively discussing my opinions on the situation. This is my first keeper league and my first yahoo format baseball fantasy league. I just wanted you all to know that I am clearly active, but I am more of a spectator on the outside looking in right now until things get settled.

Losing your draft pick makes sense to me though.

dirty harry
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
i've been in keepers for the last 3 years (kk football) and we dont lose a draft pick ,we protect 5 guys from the year before and the guy that finished last draft first and so on.we've had the same guys for 3 years and everything is working fine..... can someone please explain to me why i would lose a draft pick , how does it work and how does it help the league ..... soory it's my first time with this format.. thanks

eff1ngham
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
You would lose the pick in the following year. So if you take A-Rod with your first pick and keep him, then in next year's draft you don't get a first round pick. If you take a player in the 5th round and keep him, then you lose you're 5th rd pick next year. In some people's eyes it rewards you for drafting a great player late in the draft.

I don't mind one way or the other. I was never under the impression that we were voting on how the league would be run. If the commish wants to set things up this way then that's fine. If you don't like it and won't have fun, then it's probably best not to be in the league. But I'll adapt to whatever rules we rules so it's no big deal

b_illin
02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
It sounds like Kam chose to ditch the draft pick rule and leave the keepers at 5. I can live with that...not my perfect choice, but there will always be someone who doesn't get what they want, so whatever.

I say leave the rules be (no draft pick loss and 5 keepers), and if Kam decides the debate should be re-opened during the season, then that's cool.

Buffalo87
02-12-2008, 06:00 PM
It sounds like Kam chose to ditch the draft pick rule and leave the keepers at 5. I can live with that...not my perfect choice, but there will always be someone who doesn't get what they want, so whatever.

I say leave the rules be (no draft pick loss and 5 keepers), and if Kam decides the debate should be re-opened during the season, then that's cool.

I agree, my big issue was the draft pick loss...I'd prefer more keepers but it's not a big deal and everything looks good now.

dirty harry
02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
You would lose the pick in the following year. So if you take A-Rod with your first pick and keep him, then in next year's draft you don't get a first round pick. If you take a player in the 5th round and keep him, then you lose you're 5th rd pick next year. In some people's eyes it rewards you for drafting a great player late in the draft.

I don't mind one way or the other. I was never under the impression that we were voting on how the league would be run. If the commish wants to set things up this way then that's fine. If you don't like it and won't have fun, then it's probably best not to be in the league. But I'll adapt to whatever rules we rules so it's no big deal
thanks eff for your help ,i get it now. so we protect 5 with no picks loses..i still think we should draft by next monday the 18th,if we start on the 24th that will leave us just 5 weeks before season starts, some of thinks that we could have 8 picks in one night ,ya right! i work nights ,what happens if it's my time to pick and it's 7pm .well ! i cant pick and will only at 6am when i get home ,so we just waisted a night ........................

moans
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
if it is close to your pick email it to someone so this won't happen.

Buffalo87
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
thanks eff for your help ,i get it now. so we protect 5 with no picks loses..i still think we should draft by next monday the 18th,if we start on the 24th that will leave us just 5 weeks before season starts, some of thinks that we could have 8 picks in one night ,ya right! i work nights ,what happens if it's my time to pick and it's 7pm .well ! i cant pick and will only at 6am when i get home ,so we just waisted a night ........................

It's 7:50 right now, any you're posting so why couldn't you make a pick?:confused:

mrtybrodur30
02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
2. Not losing draft picks: A longer running, more successful league is going with this style. Some of you said it's confusing, well... no one in the league that does it is complaining. Maybe I'm alone in saying this but if I wanted a normal league I'd join a public one. We have the opportunity here to have a league with informed, participatory members who really enjoy the game, so why not take advantage and try some new things out? What do you have to lose? your draft picks! lol

but anyways i think 5-6 keepers is good for the 1st year, i personally would rather have six but i can see why some dont want it at 8 or more. plus it would be alot easier to raise the keeper amount at some point compared to trying to lower it at some point.

dirty harry
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
It's 7:50 right now, any you're posting so why couldn't you make a pick?:confused: maibe tonight i'm home and not working.i dont work every night,i'm on a 3/3 schedule

b_illin
02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
maibe tonight i'm home and not working.i dont work every night,i'm on a 3/3 schedule

Are you able to check the internet for 5 minutes during a break or something? I am sure we can work around this either way...

keyboard
02-13-2008, 12:16 PM
If a few of you could give me your emails, I need to add them to my randomizer so it can email you all the results at the same time. Thanks. I only need a few as witnesses.

Buffalo87
02-13-2008, 01:38 PM
If a few of you could give me your emails, I need to add them to my randomizer so it can email you all the results at the same time. Thanks. I only need a few as witnesses.

DJedamski@gmail.com

keyboard
02-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Here is the draft order, emailed to 2 other members if anyone needs confirmation:

1 Boredguys
2 b_illin
3 kamranish
4 Tormy
5 two24four
6 Flock-Raven
7 Dirty Bad Ass Harry
8 nyrblue2
9 eff1ngham
10 moans
11 mrtybrodur30
12 Buffalo87

flock-raven
02-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Woot, 6th pick

b_illin
02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Woot, 6th pick

That's a sweet pick. I got #2 which is sweet in the 1st round, then it sucks as I have to wait 20+ picks before I can choose again - it means I usually miss runs on certain positions and end up with a POS at that position....but I get ARod or Albert!

two24four
02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Cool 5th pick, I'm ok with that.

boredguy
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
That's a sweet pick. I got #2 which is sweet in the 1st round, then it sucks as I have to wait 20+ picks before I can choose again - it means I usually miss runs on certain positions and end up with a POS at that position....but I get ARod or Albert!

You get Albert :p

two24four
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
You get Albert :P

:lol::lol:

I'm ready to get this going now.

b_illin
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM

Bastard! :lol::D

I'll happily keep the #2 pick, but if someone wanted to make an offer for that pick, I would be open to hearing what you have to offer.

keyboard
02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Someone pointed out that we should wait for rosters to settle down. I agree with that.

nyrblue2
02-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Ugh...I hate being in the middle of the draft order...

Buffalo87
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM
So we're going to start the 25th?

keyboard
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
So we're going to start the 25th?Yes, unless we want to start drafting sooner. But that needs to be a unanimous decision. I also posted a new commissioner's note on how to post a draft pick in the pool, so check that out when you guys get a chance. Thanks.

dirty harry
02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
i vote for starting the draft NOW,i dont think santana or holliday will get hurt by next monday...... what are we waiting for ! more news on roger

Tormy
02-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I would also like to start the draft right away. =)

two24four
02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah let's get this show on the road.

b_illin
02-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I can start as early as this weekend. I also suggest we all try to be online for 1 day on a weekend so we can fire through a couple rounds lickity split. (it can be done if we all make an effort)

Buffalo87
02-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep, I say ASAP as well.

nyrblue2
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Yea, after being delegated to the middle of the order, I have no hope, lol. Let's get it going.

two24four
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
That's 5 people who want to get the draft going ASAP, and b_illin said by sometime this weekend, so that's 6 of 12 who want to get this going real soon, I think the more time to do this the better.

Why dont we try and get this going sometime tonight, or in the AM, just a thought, Kam gets the last word though, also how much time are we getting to make each pick?

keyboard
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
That's 5 people who want to get the draft going ASAP, and b_illin said by sometime this weekend, so that's 6 of 12 who want to get this going real soon, I think the more time to do this the better.

Why dont we try and get this going sometime tonight, or in the AM, just a thought, Kam gets the last word though, also how much time are we getting to make each pick?I would also like to start drafting ASAP. We just need confirmation on the rest of the members. Since we are drafting early, there will be no OTC until the 25th. When we get closer to that date we will see how many picks are left and go from there.

mrtybrodur30
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
You get Albert :plol

mrtybrodur30
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I would also like to start drafting ASAP. We just need confirmation on the rest of the members. Since we are drafting early, there will be no OTC until the 25th. When we get closer to that date we will see how many picks are left and go from there.im ready to drafting now as well.

flock-raven
02-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I'll be rdy this weekend

eff1ngham
02-14-2008, 09:54 AM
If we're going to start early, then I say next monday Feb 18th. I'm not going to be around much this weekend and I don't want people to have to wait several hours for picks.

Also on that note, are we going to have some kind of timeframe for when we need to be available to draft? I'm not around much after 5pm Mountain time, or on the weekends. If there's a schedule then I'll make myself available, but I'd hate to get into a situation where we have to sit around waiting a day and a half on the weekend for someone to pick

dirty harry
02-14-2008, 09:58 AM
If we're going to start early, then I say next monday Feb 18th. I'm not going to be around much this weekend and I don't want people to have to wait several hours for picks.

Also on that note, are we going to have some kind of timeframe for when we need to be available to draft? I'm not around much after 5pm Mountain time, or on the weekends. If there's a schedule then I'll make myself available, but I'd hate to get into a situation where we have to sit around waiting a day and a half on the weekend for someone to pick
that's the reason why i wanted to start the draft a month ago,but what do i kno!!!

Buffalo87
02-14-2008, 10:52 AM

The best idea would be to email somebody your pick so they can post it for you if you know you're not going to be around.

eff1ngham
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I think the best idea would be to come up with a timeframe for all of us to be available. As I said if we know that we want to draft one day during the weekend, or later on into the evening then I'll make myself available

b_illin
02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I think the best idea would be to come up with a timeframe for all of us to be available. As I said if we know that we want to draft one day during the weekend, or later on into the evening then I'll make myself available

I agree, pick 1-2 times in future and everyone find a way to be available. If we do it this way, we should be able to bust off a bunch of picks.

keyboard
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
that's the reason why i wanted to start the draft a month ago,but what do i kno!!!You need to relax, man. :lol:

The best idea would be to email somebody your pick so they can post it for you if you know you're not going to be around.Would that work considering you have to wait at least 12 picks between your own selections?

I think the best idea would be to come up with a timeframe for all of us to be available. As I said if we know that we want to draft one day during the weekend, or later on into the evening then I'll make myself availableWell, maybe we should figure out what time zone everyone is in and base the non-OTC draft on that.

mrtybrodur30
02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
i dont think we need any specific time, we can just start drafting everyone seems to be checking a few times per day on here so i dont think we have a problem, if things start slowing down alot then some sort of clock will need to be implemented but before then we should be fine.

flock-raven
02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I say we should just start drafting now, I'm sure if we can get 1 pick (per person) in a day, with the odd days that we get in 2 or 3. I think we will be just fine.

two24four
02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Good luck getting everyone on line at the same time, I say we should just start as soon as we can, and go from there.

dirty harry
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
I think the best idea would be to come up with a timeframe for all of us to be available. As I said if we know that we want to draft one day during the weekend, or later on into the evening then I'll make myself available we might just as well do a live draft on yahoo and get it over with .......
i'm available tuesday 19th ,wednesday 20th at 8pm est time..
but if we do it by emails we need to put a time frame, 3 hours should be good,lets say the #1 manager doesn't pick ,the next guy up waits 3 hours before he can make his pick,if he cant or dont make it then the 3rd manager know's he can make his pick 6 hours after ( it will be the commishs job to b in charge of telling us who's OTC.cause it will happen that someones pc will fuck-up or he will b working or he just wont give a fuck,there's no fucking organisation and we will b done by june...i think we should do this a live draft and prepare better for next year.......... i think i'm gonna have another :beer: or :beer::beer: or :beer::beer::beer: commish why dont you check and see if theres dates and time available for next week ,i'm available from the 19th till the 26th of february after 8pm n-y time

eff1ngham
02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Good luck getting everyone on line at the same time

Not a block of time like a live draft, I'm talking about monday through friday from 8am-6pm be checking to see if you're up. Or from noon till 4pm on saturday be checking. It's not that difficult, but that way you don't have someone take 12 hours to get a pick in because they were out doing something else. I have internet access all day at work, and at home as well, so I can really do this any time. However, I think setting up blocks of time would work out better because at least then you know when the end of the draft day is, and you put in on hold until tomorrow. Otherwise someone's going to go out to dinner or go to the bar and people will be sitting around waiting for their pick

keyboard
02-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Guys, this is how it will work. There will be no OTC, no online draft, nothing. Log into the league page, post your pick in the format outlined, and we will go from there. We will start the drafting now, so BoredGuys, you're up.

After a week we will see if any restrictions need to be added, but as of now, it's at your own pace drafting.

dirty harry
02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Not a block of time like a live draft, I'm talking about monday through friday from 8am-6pm be checking to see if you're up. Or from noon till 4pm on saturday be checking. It's not that difficult, but that way you don't have someone take 12 hours to get a pick in because they were out doing something else. I have internet access all day at work, and at home as well, so I can really do this any time. However, I think setting up blocks of time would work out better because at least then you know when the end of the draft day is, and you put in on hold until tomorrow. Otherwise someone's going to go out to dinner or go to the bar and people will be sitting around waiting for their picki'm not available this weekend but i am everyday starting next tuesday till the 26th as i am on vacation ...set it up and i'll be there

b_illin
02-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Guys, this is how it will work. There will be no OTC, no online draft, nothing. Log into the league page, post your pick in the format outlined, and we will go from there. We will start the drafting now, so BoredGuys, you're up.

After a week we will see if any restrictions need to be added, but as of now, it's at your own pace drafting.

Do you mean the yahoo league homepage where we are listed and where the message board is? Kam, may I recommend you take 5 minutes and set up a group page on yahoo? This way ppl can upload files like excel spreadsheets, etc. and we can do polls as well. Works well for these sorts fo drafts. Also, I recommend a 12 hour window to make a pick. If you miss your pick, the next guy can go. The guy who missed can make his pick at any time, just not a player that has been taken (even if the guy after him picked ARod for example, then ARod cannot be taken). Was that clear or confusing?

Here is the link to start the group - http://groups.yahoo.com/start (I can set it up, but seeing as you are the commish, I didn't know your email, etc. - let me know if you need help setting it up)

eff1ngham
02-14-2008, 02:35 PM

This sounds fine to me. I think it will all work out, seeing as we're eager to get going.

Like Dirty Harry I will be gone for a while this weekend, but I will do my best to log in when I can (I'll tell the wife I need to use the can or something)

eff1ngham
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Do you mean the yahoo league homepage where we are listed and where the message board is?

I believe this is what he's referring to. Just post a message with your pick.

Kam, are you going to be tracking this via speadsheet or something (just in case something happens with the posts on the league page)?

two24four
02-14-2008, 02:38 PM

This is fine with me as well.

keyboard
02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you mean the yahoo league homepage where we are listed and where the message board is? Kam, may I recommend you take 5 minutes and set up a group page on yahoo? This way ppl can upload files like excel spreadsheets, etc. and we can do polls as well. Works well for these sorts fo drafts. Also, I recommend a 12 hour window to make a pick. If you miss your pick, the next guy can go. The guy who missed can make his pick at any time, just not a player that has been taken (even if the guy after him picked ARod for example, then ARod cannot be taken). Was that clear or confusing?

Here is the link to start the group - http://groups.yahoo.com/start (I can set it up, but seeing as you are the commish, I didn't know your email, etc. - let me know if you need help setting it up)I don't think I need to do this. The Yahoo! message board stores the last 50 messages, so it'll be a good record. On top of that I'll update the draft results on HI.com. Lastly, I will be adding players to rosters so they won't be available to draft. I think that should be enough, right?

Also, there will be no OTC until Monday, February 25th. Until then, take your time.

two24four
02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't think I need to do this. The Yahoo! message board stores the last 50 messages, so it'll be a good record. On top of that I'll update the draft results on HI.com. Lastly, I will be adding players to rosters so they won't be available to draft. I think that should be enough, right?

Also, there will be no OTC until Monday, February 25th. Until then, take your time.

Sounds good to me.

nyrblue2
02-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Sweet, let's get going.

For those worried about the message board being unreliable, the reason some messages have already disappeared in because kam deleted them (I would guess). Custom league commissioners can do that. As he said, the last 50 picks will be safe and sound for viewing and I would assume kam will actually update the teams more frequently than every 50 picks.

Didn't boredguy and b_illin basically already pick A-Rod and Pujols?

Kam...you're up, lol....

b_illin
02-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Sweet, let's get going.

For those worried about the message board being unreliable, the reason some messages have already disappeared in because kam deleted them (I would guess). Custom league commissioners can do that. As he said, the last 50 picks will be safe and sound for viewing and I would assume kam will actually update the teams more frequently than every 50 picks.

Didn't boredguy and b_illin basically already pick A-Rod and Pujols?

Kam...you're up, lol....

No, I don't pick Albert. PUJOLS IS NOT MY PICK

nyrblue2
02-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Haha, just kidding. I was hoping for that kind of response...

keyboard
02-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Haha, just kidding. I was hoping for that kind of response...
:lol:

mrtybrodur30
02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
yeah that is perfect at our own pace till monday as some have said this weekend could be tough for them. i might be away for much of this weekend helping my sister and her husband move into their new house but i can jump online every now and then during both days to see if im up.

keyboard
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
yeah that is perfect at our own pace till monday as some have said this weekend could be tough for them. i might be away for much of this weekend helping my sister and her husband move into their new house but i can jump online every now and then during both days to see if im up.Yeah, I don't want to turn anyone's life upside down for a baseball draft because if anyone is rushed into doing it, they will feel like they did not have an equal opportunity and resent the league. Let's take our time and have fun.

keyboard
02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Draft order posted in the commissioner's note if anyone needs to consult it.

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 01:04 PM
tormy your up, two24four get ready....... we're moving !!

keyboard
02-15-2008, 01:11 PM
tormy your up, two24four get ready....... we're moving !!You are one antsy guy, aren't you?

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
a-rod was a normal pick ,do we realy have to start picking ss now ,i was kind of hoping we where going to start with sp

moans
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
yeah no shit...I'm not really gonna be around this weekend so expect it to slow down, and I won't send who I want to whomever as its the first and second rounds.

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 01:20 PM
You are one antsy guy, aren't you?
explain (antsy guy) for me man ,i'm french and dont kno all your english ,sometimes i just dont kno anything lollll :lol:

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 01:23 PM
yeah no shit...I'm not really gonna be around this weekend so expect it to slow down, and I won't send who I want to whomever as its the first and second rounds.
moans big boy ,be a man and send a list of 20 guys to the commish by pm ,bro your picking 10th in the first round and 3rd in the second,please dont slow us down,that goes to everyone ,it will only take you 15 minutes and it will keep our commish busy all weekend lollllll thanks commish ,you the best !!!

b_illin
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
a-rod was a normal pick ,do we realy have to start picking ss now ,i was kind of hoping we where going to start with sp

I picked who i felt was the 2nd best player available in a keeper format.

Moans, take your time and Dirty Harry, may I suggest a valium before your explode! (we have loads of time, you cannot expect someone to email in their picks for the early round choices in year 1 of a keeper!)

keyboard
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah no shit...I'm not really gonna be around this weekend so expect it to slow down, and I won't send who I want to whomever as its the first and second rounds.Don't worry, you won't slow us down. We'll be able to finish this well before the season starts. I won't start the OTC until I'm sure everyone is on board.

explain (antsy guy) for me man ,i'm french and dont kno all your english ,sometimes i just dont kno anything lollll :lol:It means you've got ants in your pants and you're insanely anxious.

moans big boy ,be a man and send a list of 20 guys to the commish by pm ,bro your picking 10th in the first round and 3rd in the second,please dont slow us down,that goes to everyone ,it will only take you 15 minutes and it will keep our commish busy all weekend lollllll thanks commish ,you the best !!!Do not send me or any other member any document. If this draft takes until opening day, then that's how long it will take. I suggest that you join 20 public leagues to keep you busy since you appear to have a lot of time on your hands. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, or I'm going to regret being commish real quick. :lol:

mrtybrodur30
02-15-2008, 01:56 PM
a-rod was a normal pick ,do we realy have to start picking ss now ,i was kind of hoping we where going to start with spthats stupid thats like saying you hope everybody drafts catchers in the first round except you, what is wrong with reyes being picked there? he helps pretty much all cat's is youn and on a good team. people can pick whoever they want.

mrtybrodur30
02-15-2008, 02:00 PM
yeah no shit...I'm not really gonna be around this weekend so expect it to slow down, and I won't send who I want to whomever as its the first and second rounds.dont worry about it man no need to send any lists or anything, im helping my sister move this weekend and have a big birthday party to go to on sunday as well. im a very active manager but this weekend is just bad for me as it is for a few others which they stated earlier. kam even said were going at our own pace for now then monday everything should be good and we can start knocking out alot of picks. anyways again ill be checking every now and then this weekend to see if im up.

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Don't worry, you won't slow us down. We'll be able to finish this well before the season starts. I won't start the OTC until I'm sure everyone is on board.

It means you've got ants in your pants and you're insanely anxious.

Do not send me or any other member any document. If this draft takes until opening day, then that's how long it will take. I suggest that you join 20 public leagues to keep you busy since you appear to have a lot of time on your hands. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, or I'm going to regret being commish real quick. :lol:
dont worry ,you'll be fine and i will too ,thank god for heineken and coors lite.i'll fell better after i pick my first player ...... can i pick now ! can i,can i,
oh! by the way,how will you kno that everyone is on board??
boys,let the commish kno if your ready to start as od monday ,lets say noon. i suggest we have 6 hours to pick when our turn comes .shit! i think the ants feed on heineken hahahahahahahahahaha

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 02:10 PM
thats stupid thats like saying you hope everybody drafts catchers in the first round except you, what is wrong with reyes being picked there? he helps pretty much all cat's is youn and on a good team. people can pick whoever they want.
take it easy brother ,have a few :beer: ,i was just reacting to the trend .

Tormy
02-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I made my pick. Sorry about the delay guys, I just got in from waiting tables.

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 04:01 PM
two24four your up...........Flock-Raven your on deck

b_illin
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
so far we are following the big board...I liked Fat Albert, but couldn't pass up that kind of production at SS

Tormy
02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
so far we are following the big board...I liked Fat Albert, but couldn't pass up that kind of production at SS

I was thinking the past couple days of who I would rather have, Reyes or Hanley, and was surprised to see Pujols still available at #4. I mean, it would be nice to fill a weaker position, but come on, I could not pass up Pujols. Right?

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I was thinking the past couple days of who I would rather have, Reyes or Hanley, and was surprised to see Pujols still available at #4. I mean, it would be nice to fill a weaker position, but come on, I could not pass up Pujols. Right?
are you having doughts bro !!! well you should !! great pick dude ,you just garanted yourself the firts pick of next years draft............... i hope theres more guys like you in this league ,i realy do .it wont be any fun but i'll finish in the top 3 easy........... tormy if you need any help with your next pick you can always pm me .i'll help you out at no cost ,i just want this league to be competitive ................ but it,s going to be tough with guys like you around :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

moans
02-15-2008, 04:42 PM
lol at this point dirty you sound like a complete idiot and I have no reason at all to think I won;t beat you, now prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

b_illin
02-15-2008, 04:45 PM
are you having doughts bro !!! well you should !! great pick dude ,you just garanted yourself the firts pick of next years draft............... i hope theres more guys like you in this league ,i realy do .it wont be any fun but i'll finish in the top 3 easy........... tormy if you need any help with your next pick you can always pm me .i'll help you out at no cost ,i just want this league to be competitive ................ but it,s going to be tough with guys like you around :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nobody would ever call you dull! http://youtube.com/watch?v=skCsyCbOpUA

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 04:47 PM
lol at this point dirty you sound like a complete idiot and I have no reason at all to think I won;t beat you, now prove me wrong and I'll be happy.it's just entertanment brother ,dont take anything i write seriously,i'm just killing time and practicing my english lolll.... but watch out for my boys dough ,they will be the real thing .

flock-raven
02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
practice harder

eff1ngham
02-15-2008, 04:55 PM
but come on, I could not pass up Pujols. Right?

I heard he's out for the year ;)

moans
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
lol I was just kiddin too, I just can't get over the !! in mid sentence lol.

dirty harry
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Nobody would ever call you dull! http://youtube.com/watch?v=skCsyCbOpUA
good one b_illin ,but we all kno that montreal and quebec city is a better city then toronto .10 times better ,ask any of your canadian friends and they,ll tell you if you dont already kno......

b_illin
02-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey, I love going to MTL to party....but I'm glad I don't live there! (or Sherbrooke, where I spent 4 yrs...well, Lennoxville)

Oh, and for the record, Toronto is too big and I'm getting tired of it myself. (edit: but it is a great city if you know where to go)

PS: my dad can beat up your dad :D

two24four
02-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Just made my pick, Flock is up now.......

Only thing with Pujols, I keep reading his elbow is not 100%, and he could end up on the DL a few times this season they say, but if he does stay healthy then yeah getting him at 4th was great for you.

keyboard
02-15-2008, 05:42 PM
If you guys want to see who is gone, go to the league page, click Draft Central and then Draft Results. I'll update it as much as possible.