PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco 49ers

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I actually like this move a lot for the Niners. The team is headed in the right direction. Hopefully they can do something next season or maybe the Arizona Cardinals, just so we don't have to see the Seattle Frauds in the playoffs anymore.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Mike Martz claims he can put together a fantastic offense with mostly the same San Francisco 49ers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sfo/;_ylt=Ah8uJt5IwCAr8Y4r0DR.q9odsLYF) who made up the NFL's worst unit in 2007.

It's just the type of brash confidence everybody expects from Martz -- and Mike Nolan believes every word of it.
Nolan hired Martz to be his offensive coordinator Tuesday, tasking one of the NFL's most polarizing coaches with reinventing an offense that sank to historic lows last season.
Martz has been on a rocky coaching road for the past three years, but he tormented the 49ers for six years during his greatest successes with their NFC West rival St. Louis Rams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/stl/;_ylt=AuYcH78JFCzHin7UbgZ_9hYdsLYF). Martz built the so-called Greatest Show on Turf over seven seasons, honing a remarkable passing game while the Rams reached two Super Bowls.

Spartan
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Good, as a parting gift he can take Kitna with him.

eff1ngham
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Maybe it'll help. Or maybe the 49ers will be just like the Cards where every year people talk about them being a contender when they just aren't........

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Good, as a parting gift he can take Kitna with him.

...and replace him with who? JT O'Sullivan? Dan Orlovsky? Oh God... Keep Kitna in Detroit.

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe it'll help. Or maybe the 49ers will be just like the Cards where every year people talk about them being a contender when they just aren't........

Totally agree with this, but I think it will make them more of a contender than what they were.

Doctego
01-09-2008, 07:48 PM
F* Martz and F* SF. He is a great offensive mind but there is a big difference between the offensive talent that he had in St. Louis compared to what he has in SF. Seattle is slightly overrated because of their division but they aren't as bad as you claim. Did they cost you a lot of $$ or something??

Snipes16
01-09-2008, 07:48 PM
My only problem with Martz to the 49ers is he's a pass happy nutcake and now he's the OC with a QB that cant pass the damn ball.

Frank Gore keeper owners must be pretty sour with this news.

No Doc, Seattle siphoned the rent money from me last weekend..

looch17
01-09-2008, 07:59 PM
My only problem with Martz to the 49ers is he's a pass happy nutcake and now he's the OC with a QB that cant pass the damn ball.

No Doc, Seattle siphoned the rent money from me last weekend..No but I am since I own Vernon Davis.:)

Doctego
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM

No Doc, Seattle siphoned the rent money from me last weekend..

Why so?? RB's under Martz have had some great seasons.

Spartan
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
...and replace him with who? JT O'Sullivan? Dan Orlovsky? Oh God... Keep Kitna in Detroit.

I would sign Derrick Anderson and give the 1st and 3rd. Matt Millen can't draft worth a shit anyway.

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
F* Martz and F* SF. He is a great offensive mind but there is a big difference between the offensive talent that he had in St. Louis compared to what he has in SF. Seattle is slightly overrated because of their division but they aren't as bad as you claim. Did they cost you a lot of $$ or something??

I agree that the offenses are pretty different, comparing St. Louis and San Francisco.

I think he has a comparible running game in Gore as he had with Faulk.
I think his tight end is upgraded over what he had in St. Louis.
His receivers are in question. I think the Niners can begin to fix this with the upcoming draft this year.The Seahawks, in any other division, wouldn't have sniffed playoffs. As far as them losing me money, when I bet them...they actually hit for me.

Doctego
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree that the offenses are pretty different, comparing St. Louis and San Francisco.
I think he has a comparible running game in Gore as he had with Faulk.
I think his tight end is upgraded over what he had in St. Louis.
His receivers are in question. I think the Niners can begin to fix this with the upcoming draft this year.The Seahawks, in any other division, wouldn't have sniffed playoffs. As far as them losing me money, when I bet them...they actually hit for me.

Not sure how much he will use the TE but we are also missing the OL and QB positions. The Rams were stacked all around. The Niners have a good RB and TE. Big difference.

Snipes16
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Why so?? RB's under Martz have had some great seasons.

The Lions or 49ers cant be compared with the talent level that Martz had with the Rams and Marshall Faulk.

Look at Martz' last 2 seasons in Detroit as a better barometer.

2006 - 596 pass attempts - 304 rush attempts
2007 - 588 pass attempts - 324 rush attempts

Thats a 2/1 ratio passing to rushing. Not what I'd like to see as a Gore owner, thats all.

His stubborness to stick with the pass is why he got canned in Detroit.

Doctego
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I would be anxious to see what the breakdown was when he was in St. Louis because many of those pass attempts went to Faulk. This could be a very good thing for Gore, especially in PPR leagues.

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
The Lions or 49ers cant be compared with the talent level that Martz had with the Rams and Marshall Faulk.

Look at Martz' last 2 seasons in Detroit as a better barometer.

2006 - 596 pass attempts - 304 rush attempts
2007 - 588 pass attempts - 324 rush attempts

Thats a 2/1 ratio passing to rushing. Not what I'd like to see as a Gore owner, thats all.

His stubborness to stick with the pass is why he got canned in Detroit.

Look at his running backs in Detroit though. A banged up hurt overrated Kevin Jones. TJ Duckett. Taint Bell. I wouldn't run with that if I had Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson.

Snipes16
01-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I just checked and you are correct Doc. Over a 4 year 99-02 span, Marshall Faulk caught 80+ balls each of those years and averaged roughly 250 carries in that time.

But the 49ers aren't exactly the greatest show on turf. Gore is no Faulk and Alex Smith is not to be mistaken with Kurt Warner circa 200. Holt and Bruce in their prime vs Darrell Jackson and Arnez Battle in 08?

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Not sure how much he will use the TE but we are also missing the OL and QB positions. The Rams were stacked all around. The Niners have a good RB and TE. Big difference.

Alex Smith is not a bad QB. I wouldn't necessarily give him a top grade, but he can be coached. I do agree that the OL is missing. Give Smith a stronger OL, and a receiver (or two) and that offense can be productive.

I am not saying an overnight fix. I am saying Martz is better than what they had.

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I just checked and you are correct Doc. Over a 4 year 99-02 span, Marshall Faulk caught 80+ balls each of those years and averaged roughly 250 carries in that time.

But the 49ers aren't exactly the greatest show on turf. Gore is no Faulk and Alex Smith is not to be mistaken with Kurt Warner circa 200. Holt and Bruce in their prime vs Darrell Jackson and Arnez Battle in 08?

F* Arnez Battle.... He shouldn't be in the NFL. :rolleyes:

eff1ngham
01-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Alex Smith's problem is that he's not a 5 or 7 step, drop back passer. And they tried to make him do that too much. If Martz can either get him rolling out more, or doing more 3-step drop then I think that'll help him a lot.

If anything I think this helps Gore because of the way Faulk was used. And white Martz may have never used the TE much, they can line up Vernon Davis in the slot and use him there (like Antonio Gates), which I think would help Alex Smith a lot if he can get some quick drops and crossing routes

Doctego
01-10-2008, 04:33 PM

I know. That's why I said this earlier in this thread:

My response after that was in response to you saying that Martz would hurt Gore's numbers.

mrtybrodur30
01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
first of almost anyone is a upgrade over jim hostler. alex smith has been in the league 3 years and in that time he has had to learn 3 different systems. last year he was terrible but that wasnt his fault. the playcalling was terrible, the line was terrible. things finally got better when tollner was hired so he could help hostler cause everyone saw he didnt know what he was doing. martz isnt going to leave gore out of the playbook his number will be called plenty and it could be even better for him since he can catch out of the backfield very well.

as for vernon davis i use to have high hopes for him until i found out the truth. yeah he is in great shape and a amazing athlete, probably one of the best conditioned TE's in the league if not the best! but he isnt that smart, he will never be a threat from the slot etc you know why cause he cant remember routes or plays, he just doesnt. the niners have had to simplify the playbook in some areas to help him out. it sucks cause he could be a beast in the league if this wasnt a problem.

King_Killah
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
San Francisco 49ers second-year running back Thomas Clayton, who spent the 2007 season on the team's practice squad, has reportedly impressed the coaching staff through Organized Team Activities (OTAs) and the team's mandatory mini-camp with his quickness.

Are we sniffing sleeper here???

King_Killah
07-08-2008, 04:11 PM
No third wide-out in San Fran???

Mike Martz-led offenses typically have featured a slot receiver who was heavily targeted. Names like Shaun McDonald (http://www.footballguys.com/McDoSh00-1.php), Kevin Curtis (http://www.footballguys.com/CurtKe00-1.php) and Tony Horne have filled that role in the past. The decision on who will fill that role, and whether they will see significant targets is a burning question around the team. Early indications are that the slot WR will not see a big role. Martz has a different philosophy than the one he had in St. Louis and Detroit. In St. Louis and Detroit, Martz had an abundance of big-name receivers. In San Francisco, his arsenal is more varied. For the first time, he has two decent tight ends in Vernon Davis (http://www.footballguys.com/DaviVe00-1.php) and Delanie Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkHu00-1.php), and to hear Martz talk, those two will be on the field together quite a bit. Barrows speculates that Arnaz Battle (http://www.footballguys.com/BattAr00-1.php) is the ideal guy to man the slot. The question is that if Davis, Walker, Robinson and Deshaun Foster end up catching a lot of passes in Martz's offenses, will there be a great need for a third and fourth wideout at all?

Interesting thought... But it actually kinda makes sense.

King_Killah
07-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Nothing of importance fantasy-wise for this season, but a little something for 49ers fans.

The San Francisco 49ers figure to have nine draft picks next season, including two compensatory picks based on net free-agent losses this offseason. The formula the NFL uses to determine compensatory picks is kept as secret as the Colonel's special recipe, but it appears to be based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Salary is the biggest factor in the equation with adjustments made for playing time and awards. Compensatory picks are awarded to teams, beginning at the end of the third round. The 49ers' two projected comp picks could be at the end of the fifth and sixth rounds.

King_Killah
07-31-2008, 04:29 PM
While speaking to the press today, new San Francisco 49ers OC Mike Martz indicated he planned to use TE Vernon Davis (http://www.footballguys.com/DaviVe00-1.php) like a WR. "Well, 52 (catches) is pretty good production. That's really good for the tight end position. What we'll try to do with him is try to take advantage of his speed more, probably, than what they've done in the past. We'll try to get him down the field, more or less like a wide receiver -- move him out, move him around. At first it was so different for him, but he's really adapted well to it. He's really kind of thrived with it."

This is interesting... Seems like Davis gets overvalued every year, will this news continue that trend, or work out in all Davis owners favor?

FlyGuy78
07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Davis is much better than most think. He has been hurt here and there and cmon, he has Alex Smith throwing to him. King, you could throw better than Smith!! :D

King_Killah
08-10-2008, 12:10 PM
The San Francisco 49ers' quarterback battle is still undecided as all three of the team's quarterbacks struggled in their loss Friday night to the Oakland Raiders. QB J.T. O'Sullivan committed two turnovers on the team's last two possessions and QB Shaun Hill (http://www.footballguys.com/HillSh00-1.php) added an interception earlier in the game. Alex Smith (http://www.footballguys.com/SmitAl03-1.php) finished 5-9 passing for 51 yards. The 49ers turned the ball over four times as a team.

Could it be an even worse QB situation than Chicago???? F*ck Rex Grossman. Kyle Orton though...

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
O'boy.... O'Sullivan...

Adam Schefter reports that while the 49ers hoped Alex Smith (http://www.footballguys.com/SmitAl03-1.php) would win the job, through the first part of camp, the San Francisco QB that's most distinguished himself is J.T. O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan was with Mike Martz last year in Detroit. So far, he's making the most of it and is beating out Alex Smith (http://www.footballguys.com/SmitAl03-1.php) and Shaun Hill (http://www.footballguys.com/HillSh00-1.php). The 49ers aren't ready to annoint O'Sullivan the starter, but Schefter says it's heading that way.

Points to O'Sullivan for refusing to go away and making this a 3-QB race in SF. Now it looks as if he may win the spot. Good for him. Just don't think too many people will be drafting him or the other two clowns in SF under center.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
San Francisco 49ers HC Mike Nolan says that rookie WR Josh Morgan (http://www.footballguys.com/MorgJo00-1.php) is now challenging to win a starting WR spot with veteran Bryant Johnson (http://www.footballguys.com/JohnBr02-1.php) battling a hamstring injury. Morgan, who has been very impressive in training camp thus far, was first thought of as a long shot to even make the team.

I would dub Morgan a late round sleeper, but with the QB mess in SF, not too sure about it yet. Stay tuned.

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
That O'Sullivan to Morgan connection - the next Montana to Rice???? Get the f*ck out of here... :lol:

J.T. O'Sullivan threw San Francisco's first scoring pass of the preseason and led the 49ers on back-to-back touchdown drives. Whether that was enough to help him complete his long-shot bid to become the Niners starting quarterback remains to be seen. O'Sullivan threw a 59-yard touchdown pass to Josh Morgan (http://www.footballguys.com/MorgJo00-1.php) which looked like Joe Montana to Jerry Rice, and outplayed top competitor Alex Smith (http://www.footballguys.com/SmitAl03-1.php) as the 49ers beat Aaron Rodgers (http://www.footballguys.com/RodgAa00-1.php) and the Green Bay Packers 34-6 Saturday night.

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 03:49 PM
hahahahaha!!

King_Killah
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
49ers QB J.T. O'Sullivan was outstanding in Thursday night's game. He completed 7 of 8 passes for 126 yards and 1 TD with no interceptions.

Well.... 7 of 8 for 126 and a touch is good and all....but outstanding seems to be a little bit of an overuse of the word.

Alex Smith got the nod in the 2nd quarter and played OK. No official word who the starter will be but everything is pointing to O'Sullivan.

Spartan
08-22-2008, 10:38 AM
O'Sullivan was endorsed by Kitna in todays Mlive article so how can you argue with that.

King_Killah
08-22-2008, 10:57 AM
O'Sullivan was endorsed by Kitna in todays Mlive article so how can you argue with that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Hahaha...... Nice!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
good lord Patrick Willis is a beast

Dubz
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Sun, Sep 14 NFL.com reports San Francisco 49ers LB Patrick Willis (leg) left the team's Week 2 game in the third quarter because of a leg injury.

mrtybrodur30
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Sun, Sep 14 NFL.com reports San Francisco 49ers LB Patrick Willis (leg) left the team's Week 2 game in the third quarter because of a leg injury.he came back in the game after that.

Dubz
09-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks bud...Tough working Sundays and playing catch-up

mrtybrodur30
09-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks bud...Tough working Sundays and playing catch-up dont worry, when the lions come here for sunday's game the niners will have willis starting at mlb and on the outside we will have manny lawson playing the whole game. for some damn reason they sat lawson....LAWSON! the entrie game at olb so they could have an extra db....?????????? for what to cover the seahawks no-name wideouts. and they wonder why julius jones ran the ball so well. :rolleyes:

King_Killah
09-18-2008, 03:52 PM
dont worry, when the lions come here for sunday's game the niners will have willis starting at mlb and on the outside we will have manny lawson playing the whole game. for some damn reason they sat lawson....LAWSON! the entrie game at olb so they could have an extra db....?????????? for what to cover the seahawks no-name wideouts. and they wonder why julius jones ran the ball so well. :rolleyes:

And when the Lions come in there for Sunday's game, you can count on the Lions coming out with their first win of the year! ;)

mrtybrodur30
09-22-2008, 01:27 AM
And when the Lions come in there for Sunday's game, you can count on the Lions coming out with their first win of the year! ;)that didnt work out to well. the lions had a 50/50 chance to win this game........then the game started and they had no shot at winning!! :D

JTO!! awesome what he is doing with this offense, and gore was solid once again. schedule gets a little tougher now, but it seems like that week 5 game at home against the patriots keeps looking better and better every week!!

King_Killah
09-22-2008, 08:38 AM
that didnt work out to well. the lions had a 50/50 chance to win this game........then the game started and they had no shot at winning!! :D

JTO!! awesome what he is doing with this offense, and gore was solid once again. schedule gets a little tougher now, but it seems like that week 5 game at home against the patriots keeps looking better and better every week!!

:$:$:$

It was ugly... Worst team in the NFL comes down to Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, or St. Louis... with Detroit and KC leading the way.... It was awful. Nice game out of the Niners... JT O. He was my $$$ fantasy guy this week since Brady went down.

mrtybrodur30
09-22-2008, 09:41 PM
:$:$:$

It was ugly... Worst team in the NFL comes down to Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, or St. Louis... with Detroit and KC leading the way.... It was awful. Nice game out of the Niners... JT O. He was my $$$ fantasy guy this week since Brady went down.detroit kc are leading the way along with the rams the rams are tough to watch at this moment

mrtybrodur30
10-20-2008, 06:26 PM
a bay area source is saying nolan will be fired after next weeks game against the seahawks, and mike singletary will be the new coach, nobody knows if he will be the interim or not but thats what is being said. also after the last 3 weeks and especially yesterday people are calling for hill at qb jto with his 6 turnovers is bs. i really cant believe this team has only 2 wins with all the positive things i have seen this season. but it seems jto is just getting worse and worse each week. i liked nolan awhile ago but id rather see singletary or martz as head coach.

King_Killah
10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
a bay area source is saying nolan will be fired after next weeks game against the seahawks, and mike singletary will be the new coach, nobody knows if he will be the interim or not but thats what is being said. also after the last 3 weeks and especially yesterday people are calling for hill at qb jto with his 6 turnovers is bs. i really cant believe this team has only 2 wins with all the positive things i have seen this season. but it seems jto is just getting worse and worse each week. i liked nolan awhile ago but id rather see singletary or martz as head coach.

I am really surprised that you can't believe this team has only 2 wins. I mean seriously. Arizona, @ Saints, Patriots, Eagles, @ Giants... You really, honestly expected wins out of any of those games? Here is what I see for the remainder of their schedule: vs. Seattle (should win); bye week; @ Arizona (AZ here - although a season split is not out of the question); vs. St. Louis (depends on what StL teams shows up); @ Dallas (nope, Dallas will have more than turned it back around by the time this game comes up); @ Buffalo (sorry); vs. Jets (I call it a win); @ Miami (loss); @ St. Louis (likely lose this one); vs. Washington (could play spoilers). They are heading in the right direction. Just not there yet. Its like the Jets. There is plenty of positives, but still the negatives outweight he positives. I do believe that the Jets and the 49ers are steps and seasons ahead of the Raiders. And I know that dawinna will hop in here an accuse me of just bashing teams, which is far from the case. Just laying it out there as I see it. I also saw that the 49ers expect to fire Nolan after next week's game. This is pure and plain just stupid. You think the team is going to come out and play for him, or even he'll come out and coach knowing that he is canned after the game? That is so dumb. It was said with the exception of an unforseen change, which leaves it open to him not being tossed. I don't think Singletary would be a good HC in this spot. Maybe one day, not now, not there. Martz over Nolan huh? Interesting.

mrtybrodur30
10-20-2008, 08:06 PM
nvm lol guess they wanted it sooner nolan is gone as head coach

mrtybrodur30
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I am really surprised that you can't believe this team has only 2 wins. I mean seriously. Arizona, @ Saints, Patriots, Eagles, @ Giants... You really, honestly expected wins out of any of those games? Here is what I see for the remainder of their schedule: vs. Seattle (should win); bye week; @ Arizona (AZ here - although a season split is not out of the question); vs. St. Louis (depends on what StL teams shows up); @ Dallas (nope, Dallas will have more than turned it back around by the time this game comes up); @ Buffalo (sorry); vs. Jets (I call it a win); @ Miami (loss); @ St. Louis (likely lose this one); vs. Washington (could play spoilers). They are heading in the right direction. Just not there yet. Its like the Jets. There is plenty of positives, but still the negatives outweight he positives. I do believe that the Jets and the 49ers are steps and seasons ahead of the Raiders. And I know that dawinna will hop in here an accuse me of just bashing teams, which is far from the case. Just laying it out there as I see it. I also saw that the 49ers expect to fire Nolan after next week's game. This is pure and plain just stupid. You think the team is going to come out and play for him, or even he'll come out and coach knowing that he is canned after the game? That is so dumb. It was said with the exception of an unforseen change, which leaves it open to him not being tossed. I don't think Singletary would be a good HC in this spot. Maybe one day, not now, not there. Martz over Nolan huh? Interesting.i said i cant believe they only have 2 wins WITH all the positive things i have seen so far. coming into they year i didnt expect much. the tough 4 game stretch everyone including me was really only hoping for 1 win and 1 win only. the saints manhandled us, but im saying i cant believe the 2 wins is they were so close against the patriots, EAGLES and were very much in the game against the giants and then just threw it away. patriots and giants games were very winable and them losing to the eagles when they had the game was just pathetic. the 4th quarter has been complete hell especially for jto. i was a jto supporter but its like hes getting worse. they need to atleast give shaun hill a chance imo but martz really really doesnt like hill. i understand the o-line is terrible but even when he gets decent protection hes rushing the play and inside the redzone he has had game killing interceptions not 1 not 2 about about 4 or 5 of them and yes i would def rather have martz over nolan easily but its singletary's job for right now and i dont mind that at all nolan had his chances.

King_Killah
10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
nvm lol guess they wanted it sooner nolan is gone as head coach

Yeah. This makes better sense. You can't come out and say you are going to fire the guy but at a future date. That was ridiculous. Good luck with Singletary. I hope they give him a chance and is not a forced thing like Al Davis did with Kiffin in Oakland.

I can't believe the 49ers actually lost that Eagles game. They owned the game until the Eagles defense stood up and refused to lose.

b_illin
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I think Singletary will be a good coach....not this year granted

Spartan
10-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I think Singletary will be a good coach....not this year grantedF*%@ Yeah!

He brought it strong yesterday. Benched Martz' pet, then threw Vernon Davis out if the building.:lol:

And finally a press conference that is destined to be Coors commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaDJ-WuuSY

This is only his first week, I can't wait for more out of Singletary.:beer:

b_illin
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
F*%@ Yeah!

He brought it strong yesterday. Benched Martz' pet, then threw Vernon Davis out if the building.:lol:

And finally a press conference that is destined to be Coors commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaDJ-WuuSY

This is only his first week, I can't wait for more out of Singletary.:beer:

#1....we hit them in the mouth!

King_Killah
04-28-2009, 08:49 PM
San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary said rookie RB Glen Coffee (http://www.footballguys.com/CoffGl00-1.php) is a downhill runner and finishes every run. 'He has a motor and we're excited about that,' Singletary said. Singletary said the team views Coffee as the back to tag-team to starting RB Frank Gore (http://www.footballguys.com/GoreFr00-1.php).

With most teams adopting the two back rotation, this is something to pay a little attention to. Right now, I am not expecting much from Coffee, but we'll see how camps and such go.

King_Killah
04-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Not really news, but funny as hell... Texas Tech coach talking shit!!

ESPN.com reports Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach (http://www.footballguys.com/LeacMi00-1.php) said Cleveland Browns head coach Eric Mangini is to blame for San Francisco 49ers WR Michael Crabtree (http://www.footballguys.com/CrabMi00-1.php) slipping in the first round of the NFL Draft. Reports out of Cleveland said that the Browns didn't like Crabtree's attitude when he visited the team prior to the NFL Draft. 'Michael Crabtree (http://www.footballguys.com/CrabMi00-1.php) has been more successful as a receiver than that guy as a coach at this point,' Leach said of Mangini, according to media reports of a conference call. 'Part of the reason is (Crabtree's) too shy to be like that.'

So true, so true... Mangini sucks!

two24four
04-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Not really news, but funny as hell... Texas Tech coach talking shit!!

So true, so true... Mangini sucks!

haha, yeah I read something about this a few days, good shit :lol:

King_Killah
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers rookie WR Michael Crabtree (http://www.footballguys.com/CrabMi00-1.php) (foot) was seen on the field doing some light running Sunday, June 7, while members of the 49ers' staff watched closely.

Niners moved Josh Morgan to flanker which puts Crabtree in line to be the starting split end at the beginning of the season.

King_Killah
06-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye said he wants to utilize TE Vernon Davis (http://www.footballguys.com/DaviVe00-1.php)' vertical speed to create problems for defenses.

This is easier to say that actually do. If they can provide protection, then I don't see why Davis can't be used more as a receiver, but Davis is a good blocker, so if the line isn't getting it done we will see Vern blocking more than receiving. I still have him as a mid-tier TE at this point.

King_Killah
06-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Darren Sabedra, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports San Francisco 49ers QB Shaun Hill (http://www.footballguys.com/HillSh00-1.php), who is 7-3 as a starter, feels he can lead the team to wins this season. 'I feel like I've proven that I can win,' Hill said, 'and that I can win with this team. Obviously, winning is the most important thing.'

Hill had an uncharacteristically good day at practice after the 49ers GM praised Alex Smith. He's proven everything he can on the field, but it still feels like it will be an uphill battle for him to win the starting job with Smith saying all the right things and flashing the arm strength and talent that got him drafted first overall. The best strategy might be to pass on Hill until the job is settled, but be ready to pounce on him on the waiver wire if Smith wins the job, because Smith has never looked as good as Hill when the bullets are flying.

King_Killah
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers RB Kory Sheets (http://www.footballguys.com/SheeKo00-1.php) has been labeled a third-down back but believes he can be an every-down back because he has not been injury prone.

This is nothing more than a name to look into for depth or to peel off the waiver wire at some point in the season when injuries are rampant. At this point, I would not be looking to draft this guy unless the league is super deep.

King_Killah
07-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports there are indications that it will be a challenge for the San Francisco 49ers to get first-round draft pick WR Michael Crabtree (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/CrabMi00-1.php) signed before the start of training camp. The 49ers and Crabtree are currently far apart in their negotiations

I love Michael Crabtree... But again, he needs to shut the f*ck up. Sign a freakin' deal and thank his lucky stars and the Heavens above that he is able to have a job in the NFL. This is bad news for Crabtree (and Crabtree fantasy owners) because he NEEDS to be in camp. Although, I do believe Crabtree is solid enough, that it won't take him long to catch up. Just sign already.

FlyGuy78
08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Crabtree's agent announced today that Crabtree is willing to sit out the entire 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft if he can't get the money he deserves. DHB got $38 million and apparently SF isn't offering anything close to that number. I hope the bastard sits out all year and the Raiders get to draft him next year!! :lol:

Hockeyis#1
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Crabtree's agent announced today that Crabtree is willing to sit out the entire 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft if he can't get the money he deserves. DHB got $38 million and apparently SF isn't offering anything close to that number.

Giant toolbox move. Way to make the whole organization (and possibley the city) dislike you before signing.

Dubz
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Crabtree's agent announced today that Crabtree is willing to sit out the entire 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft if he can't get the money he deserves. DHB got $38 million and apparently SF isn't offering anything close to that number. I hope the bastard sits out all year and the Raiders get to draft him next year!! :lol:

Not sure if you seen that word H1;)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Crabtree -- what a douche. These ass hats don't realize how god damned lucky they are, do they ?

Shit like this makes me want to turn a shoulder towards professional sports/athletes.

b_illin
08-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Crabtree -- what a douche. These ass hats don't realize how god damned lucky they are, do they ?

Shit like this makes me want to turn a shoulder towards professional sports/athletes.

Not to defend his actions, but he should have gone way earlier in the draft and that cost him a lot of money. He should be directing his anger at Al Davis, not the Niners!

FlyGuy78
08-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Not to defend his actions, but he should have gone way earlier in the draft and that cost him a lot of money. He should be directing his anger at Al Davis, not the Niners!

Very true, but you don't get paid by "mock drafts", you get paid depending on where you got drafted in REAL LIFE. By this account, Aaron Rodgers should of demanded A LOT more money than what I'm sure he got in real life. Fuck Crabtree! This is making me slightly happier that OAK didn't take him and I hope DHB shows his ass up!! :D

Spartan
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Very true, but you don't get paid by "mock drafts", you get paid depending on where you got drafted in REAL LIFE. By this account, Aaron Rodgers should of demanded A LOT more money than what I'm sure he got in real life. Fuck Crabtree! This is making me slightly happier that OAK didn't take him and I hope DHB shows his ass up!! :DIf Oakland did not overpay for DHB, the teams after them would not be having contract issues right now.

Just sayin'.

FlyGuy78
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
If Oakland did not overpay for DHB, the teams after them would not be having contract issues right now.

Just sayin'.

ALL rookies are overpaid. :rolleyes:

Hockeyis#1
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I hope DHB shows his ass up!! :D
Kind of like how Darren McFadden was going to show up Jonathan Stewart or JaMarcus Russel was going to outclass Trent Edwards. :rolleyes::lol:

King_Killah
08-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Since there was some Coffee chatter in another thread...

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, reports the split of carries of Frank Gore (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GoreFr00-1.php) and Glen Coffee (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/CoffGl00-1.php) within a game would be Gore 17, Coffee 6.

Next to no carries a game for Coffee.. Say he plays all 16... 96 for the season. This should have him over the 200 yards that I'd be surprised at, but still. As a Gore owner, I would also be slightly concerned with the small number of touches he sees...BUT even though is roughly 40 less than his 2006 season, it is more than what he had last year.

Spartan
10-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Crabtree agrees to a six year deal according to Adam Scheffter.

That really blew up in his face. They figured the niners would be 0-4 and begging for him to sign. Nope 4-0 eff you kid.

b_illin
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Crabtree agrees to a six year deal according to Adam Scheffter.

That really blew up in his face. They figured the niners would be 0-4 and begging for him to sign. Nope 4-0 eff you kid.

That and Deion Sanders screwed Crabtree's camp with that slip-up when he mentioned there are other teams out there that would pay the amount he wanted...instant ammo to prove there was tempering....meaning no team would be stupid enough to give him more as they would get raked over the coals by the league.

How soon can he make an impact?

dw13
10-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Good for both sides.

eff1ngham
10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
how soon can he make an impact?

FlyGuy78
10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
How soon can he make an impact?

Gonna take about 3-4 weeks.

dw13
10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Instantly, if he knows the playbook. They need a WR, and Crabtree is it. Instant #1, and you guys just lost sight of his skillset over this holdout. Maybe not big fantasy numbers, but good for the 9ers

FlyGuy78
10-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Instantly, if he knows the playbook. They need a WR, and Crabtree is it. Instant #1, and you guys just lost sight of his skillset over this holdout. Maybe not big fantasy numbers, but good for the 9ers

Which he probably doesn't and even then he still needs time with Hill for them to have some chemistry together. Not saying he won't make a big play here or there, but it will take some time for consistent production from him.

dw13
10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Which he probably doesn't and even then he still needs time with Hill for them to have some chemistry together. Not saying he won't make a big play here or there, but it will take some time for consistent production from him.

I imagine he has had it his whole hold out, so he should know it. I've never bought into the chemistry with the QB crap. Run the correct route, get open, and the QB will hit you with the ball. He will be the #1 WR on a run first team, that doesn't stretch the field much. Take it for what its worth, I think he has a nice impact on that team.

b_illin
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM

I was actually wondering if he could have gotten his hands on the SF playbook before he signed. I doubt it as they wouldn't want that out there until he's signed, but if he did, that'd be sweet! (says the guy who nabbed him in 2 leagues...one being a keeper :D)

two24four
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM

I agree with this, his hold out was not a good thing for him IMO.

I dont know about him having the playbook before he signed, it did not look good there for long time that he would get signed by SF, I doubt they would want him with it, then for him to not sign with them would have been bad.

dw13
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I never bought into the holdout over the whole year, so that's just me. I could be wrong, but I'd guess he had a playbook.

Spartan
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
It really has nothing to do with the playbook. Can you run the route tree? You have to hope he worked on that in the down time, because he sure as hell never ran the full route tree at Texas Tech. As far as talent, he has it, that is why he was one of the top 5 players on the board. Give him a few weeks to get in shape and learn at full speed. He will need the time to acclimate to NFL style play, it is about polar opposite to what he played in college.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-08-2009, 12:39 PM
“Everybody came to a reachable agreement and it happened,” Crabtree said, sporting a red No. 15 practice jersey and charcoal gray sweats. “I’m just glad I’m past that part. I’m very humble right now, man, it’s a very humbling experience. Just getting a chance to sit back and better myself as a person, as a player, as a teammate. … I feel like going through that it made me look at the world in a different way, look at my teammates a different way. Hopefully it will work out for the best.”

Huh?

King_Killah
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I am just glad he finally signed and we get to see him play this year. Crabtree may be the latest jersey acquisition for my closet. If he would have signed when he was supposed to, I'd probably already have his jersey.

Hockeyis#1
10-09-2009, 12:25 PM
+1

Yeah, I'm sure plenty of NFL teams give out their playbooks to guys not on their roster. :rolleyes:

It's been 10 months since he's played meaningful football. That's nearly a year. I'd bet against him being a consistent producer till atleast the end of the season. He's had no time to learn the playbook, he's probably not in game-day shape, has no work with Shaun Hill. Not saying he couldn't break a big play here or there, but to expect him to be a steady 6 recption/60+ yards a game reciever this year sounds crazy imo.

Spartan
10-10-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Controversy-already-with-Crabtree.html

On Thursday, 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye dropped a bomb of sorts on the hopes of San Francisco fans when he told reporters that Michael Crabtree ran just two routes in college (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/49ers-coordinator-Crabtree-ran-two-routes-in-college.html) at Texas Tech. Two routes? That’s right, the hitch (or the stop route) and the 9-route (or the fly route). Not what you’d expect to see from a top-10 pick, and not what you’d expect to see from a rookie who just ended a holdout that drew national attention for its length and drama.
But even with that, we shouldn’t be surprised about Raye’s comments for a couple of reasons, because as I’ve said since April and the NFL Draft, we usually don’t see much from high-profile rookie wideouts. For starters, Crabtree was just that much better than the competition in the Big 12. There wasn’t a defensive back in the conference who could match up to his athleticism on the field, and it’s a major contributor to the idea that he ran only two routes in college. Corners usually played off-man coverage against Crabtree — with big cushions — afraid to give up the big play. In return, Crabtree could press hard off the line of scrimmage with a vertical release, watch the corner backpedal out of his stance — almost in a panic — and sit down. A five-yard route that now turns into a one-on-one matchup with ample space for Crabtree to work with in the open field. One missed tackle, and that five-yard route turns into a 20-, 30-yard gain — because he was that good in college. And when teams actually did press him — usually with safety help over the top — it became a race for Crabtree to beat the jam at the line and get the football before the safety could get from his middle of the field or Cover 2 landmark. Easy. Very easy at that level for a player of Crabtree’s caliber. But as Raye said, the learning curve ahead of the rookie is big — very big — because he has no idea what kind of competition he’s going to face on Sundays.
Scouts are down on the Big 12 for a reason. Everyone runs the spread, and the defenses in that conference aren’t exactly top of the line. It’s usually an easy pitch and catch for the offense, and the speed on defense isn’t up to par with the speed of a player like Crabtree. Talking to scouts, they have a hard time evaluating offensive talent in the Big 12 because defenses allow them to make plays, and Crabtree took full advantage of that. However, this doesn’t hide that fact that Crabtree will be trying to evolve into a pro receiver — along with learning actual pro routes — on the fly. By prolonging his holdout, he has missed the train when it comes to development, missed the one-on-ones in camp against Nate Clements and missed the preseason, which would have improved his understanding of pro offenses and defenses immensely.
Now that process will have to work itself into the normal routine of game plans and film study for the Niners. Can Crabtree do it? Can the rookie develop midseason in the NFL knowing only two basic routes that we see every Friday night at the high school level?
That answer will have to wait, just as Raye and the Niners wait to see what they really have.

dw13
10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
People said the same, exact thing about Percy Harvin. ONE day into Training camp and people were amazed at how he ran "professional" routes.

Crabtree will be fine, people seem to forget about how good this kid truly is/was.

Spartan
10-11-2009, 12:38 AM
People said the same, exact thing about Percy Harvin. ONE day into Training camp and people were amazed at how he ran "professional" routes.

Crabtree will be fine, people seem to forget about how good this kid truly is/was.Harvin is not used as an x or z receiver. They are not comparable players.

I'm not calling him a bust, the learning curve with him will be high though.

dw13
10-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Harvin is not used as an x or z receiver. They are not comparable players.

I'm not calling him a bust, the learning curve with him will be high though.

Agreed, but I think the systems are the comparison here. I don't buy into the difficulty of a pro route. But I don't know much about it, just to be honest. I guess time will tell

King_Killah
10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I am sold on Crabtree. I believe he will be a big playmaker the first game he steps on an NFL field. He has skill. He has speed, hands...can shed tackles. 3100 yards and 40+ TDs isn't too shabby for only two years of college ball. If SF can get a QB a couple of notches better than Shaun Hill or Alex Smith, they could become the class of that division.

b_illin
10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I am sold on Crabtree. I believe he will be a big playmaker the first game he steps on an NFL field. He has skill. He has speed, hands...can shed tackles. 3100 yards and 40+ TDs isn't too shabby for only two years of college ball. If SF can get a QB a couple of notches better than Shaun Hill or Alex Smith, they could become the class of that division.

Really? You wrote some rather contradictory things then in that trade offer to me where there were a lot of question marks after Crabtrees name! :D

mrtybrodur30
10-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow Alex Smith has looked damn good in this second half, has put the niners back in the game after that awful 1st half.

two24four
10-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow Alex Smith has looked damn good in this second half, has put the niners back in the game after that awful 1st half.

He likes Vernon Davis.

mrtybrodur30
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Tough break in the end but not Smith's fault at all. They lost this game in the first half with bad penalties and Arnaz Battle fumbling the Punt giving the Texans the ball back 1st and goal. Oh well atleast they came back and made it a really close game, just came up short today.

Dubz
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Cost me the $$:grumpy:

Hockeyis#1
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I think it's a little premature to be announcing that Alex Smith has solved all of the 49ers passing problems. Apparently ESPN and Yahoo! don't think so....

Kyle
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I think it's a little premature to be announcing that Alex Smith has solved all of the 49ers passing problems. Apparently ESPN and Yahoo! don't think so....

Seriously, most QBs dream of walking into a game down 21 points with the freedom to lob it downfield every single play. Yes he played well and yes that was their best 30 minutes of passing all season but lets see him control a full game and then make judgements - Anyone with the skill to make it into the NFL should have the skill to get in the zone and make big plays, espicially when you're down by 21 and a defense clearly isn't giving it their best effort.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Hasn't Alex Smith had opportunity after opportunity to prove himself in the NFL?

FlyGuy78
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Hasn't Alex Smith had opportunity after opportunity to prove himself in the NFL?

Many times over!! I drafted that nitbag a few years back as my backup QB and he was awful. :rolleyes:

Hockeyis#1
10-30-2009, 12:49 AM
If only they'dve taken Aaron Rodgers instead; but I'm sure we could dedicate an entire thread to "bet team X wishes they drafted __________ instead of ______________

mrtybrodur30
11-01-2009, 07:10 AM
If only they'dve taken Aaron Rodgers instead; but I'm sure we could dedicate an entire thread to "bet team X wishes they drafted __________ instead of ______________Im not saying Smith would have been great in a different situation or I agreed with the pick when the Niners made it, but its not like they had the same situations. Alex Smith got thrown in as the starting QB on a heavily rebuilding team that sometimes couldnt protect him at all, and kept having to learn new systems every single year he has been a Niner. While Rodgers was on a decent team and got to sit back and learn for a few years from a future hall of famer in Favre. Yeah looking at it now I would love to have Rodgers but the 49ers could have had Peyton Manning 2 years ago and still would have been shitty with the way the way that O-line folded on almost every play lol. It really was terrible to watch.

two24four
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Thursday night football is back, CHI vs SF tonight, should be an ok game.

b_illin
11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I love having football on Thursday...wish they did it for the full schedule.

two24four
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Yeah I like it as well.

Kyle
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow, thats a nice little treat!

Hockeyis#1
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Wish NFL Network would stop the feud with Comcast so I could see it.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Wish NFL Network would stop the feud with Comcast so I could see it.

Watch online?

Great win by the niners. Cutler threw 5 picks and a red zone pick with about 10 seconds left. Coulda won the game but instead he blew it bad!

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Traded to get Anthony Davis. Hey.....I had the Niners taking him with the 17th.

FlyGuy78
04-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Traded to get Anthony Davis. Hey.....I had the Niners taking him with the 17th.

they should have taken Clausen if they were going to trade up! :rolleyes:

Kyle
04-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Why don't you two nitbag buttbuddies come around the NHL forum here and there:lol:

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Mike Iupati.

Spartan
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Stupid moves by SF. Hard to believe that this team was a powerhouse a decade ago. Davis is a turd and Iupati was a luxury pick they could not afford. Who is gonna play QB behind these rookies?

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Taylor Mays.... Like this pick. Thought Mays would have gone sooner.

suckerpuncher
08-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Glenn Coffe retires.

49ers backup RB Glen Coffee shockingly announced his retirement from football Friday.
Coffee was nowhere to be found Friday after missing Thursday afternoon's practice. He released a statement Friday afternoon, indicating that he's "moving on" from football. Coach Mike Singletary runs a notoriously tough camp, but there has to be more to the story here. Coffee was thought to be battling rookie Anthony Dixon for the No. 2 job behind Frank Gore, though Singletary says Dixon is still "a ways away." Michael Robinson could enter the season as the primary backup instead.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter (http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/statuses/21084833666)

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald, who covered Glen Coffee at Alabama, believes Coffee is retiring to pursue the priesthood.
"Having covered 49ers RB Glen Coffee for 3 years, not surprised he retired," tweeted Rapoport on Friday. "He has a higher call. Wouldn't shock me if he headed to ministry." The 49ers retain Coffee's rights, but it sounds like his retirement is for good. He'll remain under contract through 2012.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter (http://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/21086332704)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Preach on brother Coffee

two24four
10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I picked the 49'ers to win the NFC west this season, what a great pick that was :rolleyes:

Have to love the fans yelling yesterday that they wanted Carr in at QB :lol:

Hockeyis#1
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I picked the 49'ers to win the NFC west this season, what a great pick that was :rolleyes:

Have to love the fans yelling yesterday that they wanted Carr in at QB :lol:
You and the entire world picked them to win that division. Myself included....

Smith looked awful in portions of that game. I lost count of the number of times I yelled "Throw the FUCKING BALL"

The play where he didn't throw the easy pass to Davis on the curl and ended up getting chased out and sacked almost had me turn the game off. SF is looking like it's still a few years away from being a contender. That Dline got man handled in the run game, and the 2ndary got torched for big plays. The Oline def has some growing to do, but I think they have the potential to turn out good. Alex Smith is way all over the map in terms of consistency. He looks like garbage, looks good, like garbage, good, etc, etc. Last night was way more garbage than good though......

two24four
10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Troy Smith is getting the start this weekend for SF with Smith out.

two24four
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Awesome MNF game tonight, two 3-7 teams going at it, cant miss this game tonight.

mrtybrodur30
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Awesome MNF game tonight, two 3-7 teams going at it, cant miss this game tonight.Pretty important game though. Loser is out of the playoff race and the Winner would only be 1 game back. Ofcourse im interested though cause im a 49er fan. Although I dont agree with Singletary going back to Troy Smith after last weeks shutout I would go back to Alex Smith who was looking good with the new system before he got hurt. If the Niners stop making stupid decisions they can still win the division and host a playoff game! I dont care what the record would be you just have to get in.

Doctego
12-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Singletary fired. No one should be surprised.

heliosj
12-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Singletary fired. No one should be surprised.Nope, but I sure going to miss the weekly interviews. That man is either dumb as a rock or has absolutely no social skills. Maybe a mix of the two.

Doctego
12-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Nope, but I sure going to miss the weekly interviews. That man is either dumb as a rock or has absolutely no social skills. Maybe a mix of the two.

He certainly has a lot to learn about leading a team but I fault the team big time as well. I don't see how you can have a rookie coach with no GM, no mentor, and no experienced sidekick.

dw13
12-29-2010, 11:15 PM
He certainly has a lot to learn about leading a team but I fault the team big time as well. I don't see how you can have a rookie coach with no GM, no mentor, and no experienced sidekick.

A rookie coach with not even any coordinating experience, as well. I agree with what you said.

Spartan
01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Adam Scheffter is tweeting that Jim Harbaugh will coach the 49ers.

That is a potentially good job. They are a QB away from being a good team.

King_Killah
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Adam Scheffter is tweeting that Jim Harbaugh will coach the 49ers.

That is a potentially good job. They are a QB away from being a good team.

Yeah I heard about this earlier this morning... all the word was Luck decided to go back for another year so people were assuming Harbaugh was staying. I like this move. I think they are more than a QB away. Word is right now that they are looking at McNabb and also tossing around the idea of grabbing Blaine Gabbert of Missou with their first rounder. If they get him, I think he is NFL ready right now and would easily win the starting job right away.

Spartan
01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Jake Locker is a better fit for Harbaugh's WCO style offense, not sure of his value though. All kinds of speculation that they will try to acquire Kolb or Flynn in a trade.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
any chance the Niners end up with Luck in the future ? I could see them trading up or doing whatever possible... or am I just playing make believe here?

Spartan
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
any chance the Niners end up with Luck in the future ? I could see them trading up or doing whatever possible... or am I just playing make believe here?Too many variables.

King_Killah
01-10-2011, 06:19 AM
I am reading that san fran are now at the forefront to go after mcnabb. San fran won't give up what philly wants for kolb. I am also seeing that locker is on the radar of san fran. Locker should be a first rounder but likey a second or third at this point.

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Aldon Smith

two24four
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I love the pick of QB Kaepernick, big fan of his.

dw13
04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Interesting fit with Kapernick and Harbaugh.

two24four
04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I found myself watching Nevada games just becuase of him, he's a fun player to watch.

dw13
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I found myself watching Nevada games just becuase of him, he's a fun player to watch.

Yeah I agree and actually I think he's a much better prospect than some think. Some think he's just a run around QB, he's a big dude, strong arm, quick release... the athletic ability is just a huge plus.

Just thought Harbaugh would like a Stanzi, or something.

two24four
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
They might have this division won already.