PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
This could be a big hit against USC if Carroll leaves.

Late Tuesday night, ESPN.com, citing multiple sources, reported that Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/) owner Arthur Blank is pursuing USC coach Pete Carroll according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
According to the story, the Falcons "might be willing to grant Carroll far-reaching responsibilities." The Falcons on Tuesday said they were extending their simultaneous searches for a new head coach and general manager.
On Tuesday, the Falcons were granted permission to interview Tennessee defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. That interview is slated for this week. But the team was denied permission to talk to New York Giants (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyg/) defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/01/09/carroll_0109.html)http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/newwin12_1.gif (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/01/09/carroll_0109.html)

Spartan
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I couldn't think of a reason to leave USC, he could stay as long as he wants and be successful. In the NFL you are hired to be fired with very few exceptions. It seems he gets mentioned every year about NFL jobs where there's smoke....

boredguy
01-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I can't think of a reason to join the Falcons.

two24four
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I can't think of a reason to join the Falcons.

haha, yeah no shit, he's got a good thing going with USC.........this would be good for ATL if he did join though.

eff1ngham
01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Carroll already did the NFL thing, I can't really see why he'd want to leave USC

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 05:36 PM
He certainly wasn't on a list of choices that I've had. I would love to see him in Atlanta. The only reason I think he'd make the move is if Blank gave him full control. Apparently that is something Blank is willing to consider.

Doctego
01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
He certainly wasn't on a list of choices that I've had. I would love to see him in Atlanta. The only reason I think he'd make the move is if Blank gave him full control. Apparently that is something Blank is willing to consider.

I fail to see a good reason (without mentioning money) why this would be good for either side.

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I fail to see a good reason (without mentioning money) why this would be good for either side.

If Carroll gets complete control of the team, which is what Carroll wants...

Motorcat
01-09-2008, 09:50 PM
The last interview I heard with Carroll I remember him going on and on about how he was in the perfect situation at USC.

Some coaches are just better at the college level than the NFL level - Spurrier comes to mind. Does not mean their a bad coach, just better suited for the college game and that environment. Carroll strikes me as a college guy and given his current situation I don't think he bites on a NFL job any time soon.

King_Killah
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I definitely agree that some coaches are better college ball guys than NFL. I honestly would be shocked if Atlanta nabbed Carroll out of USC.

King_Killah
01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Jags D-Cooridanator, Mike Smith is in..... From a Reeve's mold??!!

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/;_ylt=AnrJTmxmeqYTWunY7gBO4CodsLYF)' new rookie coach already is sounding like the veteran who took the team to its only Super Bowl.

Mike Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7410/;_ylt=AguH1cQihcqx7iUcG6VnB_YdsLYF), the former Jacksonville defensive coordinator hired by the Falcons on Wednesday night, could have been reading from former Atlanta coach Dan Reeves' script.

"My goal is to build a well-disciplined, hard-nosed football team that will be able to run the football on offense and stop the run on defense," Smith said. "I've always believed that's what makes championship teams."

Reeves used that formula to take the Falcons to the NFC championship in 1998. Reeves' successor, Jim Mora, also stressed the run in his three years. Then came Bobby Petrino, who lasted only 13 games.
In announcing his first hire as general manager, Thomas Dimitroff said Smith "possesses all of the key qualities we were looking for in a head coach."

Doctego
01-24-2008, 07:05 PM
It's impossible to know how this will ultimately turn out but, right now, this hiring just reiterates the fact that Arthur Blank is clueless when it comes to owning a football team.

King_Killah
01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
It's impossible to know how this will ultimately turn out but, right now, this hiring just reiterates the fact that Arthur Blank is clueless when it comes to owning a football team.

He went after some names... Unfortunately they went elsewhere or never panned out.

With what was left... Smith or the Giants Spagnola, its 6 and 1/2 dozen.

Doctego
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
He went after some names... Unfortunately they went elsewhere or never panned out.

With what was left... Smith or the Giants Spagnola, its 6 and 1/2 dozen.

Like I said, we don't know what will happen but Smith?? I don't think that he was ever a HC and he just had the title in Jax. He didn't run the defense.

King_Killah
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Holy shit......... I am not happy with this. Well, part of this...

Falcons release TE Alge Crumpler and 6 others in first step of rebuilding job
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer
February 15, 2008
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -- The Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/;_ylt=AhUDk2gF7ECzBcucgJP5VYwdsLYF) released four-time Pro Bowl tight end Alge Crumpler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5482/;_ylt=At7fSzqOfvpMzPtxUdoIBqwdsLYF) and six other players Friday in the first step of a major rebuilding job in the post-Michael Vick (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/;_ylt=AszEFw8ERxjabUBhRDpBUiQdsLYF) era. The Falcons also cut quarterback Byron Leftwich (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6343/;_ylt=AgeX35H_s6fUwFLkm8sMcI8dsLYF), defensive tackle Rod Coleman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4803/;_ylt=ArIjeyQUWibBqdYa5z_QgoAdsLYF), offensive tackle Wayne Gandy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2913/;_ylt=ApvxnVcx49UHhzztEYt1boodsLYF), cornerback Lewis Sanders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5124/;_ylt=AhHjCrjAmnGZ3pHalK78.EodsLYF), wide receiver Jamin Elliott (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6138/;_ylt=AvwnnBOwUHbXpx4Sc2Jx_4EdsLYF) and linebacker Marcus Wilkins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6153/;_ylt=AqXdvrj0JqpI0BTRyZ4a2jQdsLYF). "This is a difficult day for the entire organization," said Thomas Dimitroff, the Falcons' new general manager. "A number of these players have contributed to this organization on and off the field at a high level, and we greatly appreciate their efforts."

How the Hell can they release Crumpler????? Even Coleman??

I know they are going through a rebuild, but don't you need someone there to help??? They'll likely take a QB with their 1st rounder, but there have been a lot of talks that if Ryan is taken before they get theirs that they may opt for McFadden because they know Warrick Dunn is getting up there plus his salary. My problem with that is they have Norwood. Focus on the QB. They had no business releasing Crumpler, at all... He was a positive force on the offense. F*ck. Who the Hell are they going to get at TE? Certainly no one as good as Crumpler, unless they are somehow thinking they can sign Witten.

Pretty upset right now.

two24four
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Maybe they will try and get Shockey from the Giants.

King_Killah
02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Maybe they will try and get Shockey from the Giants.

If they get Shockey I may have to abandon the team... Please, no... don't go after Shockey. Please.

I am going to stay up at night and live in fear until a TE is signed or announced and find out it isn't Shockey.

However, Shockey could be that player that you hate until he is on your team... Oh God nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

:cry::lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-15-2008, 07:21 PM

I know they are going through a rebuild, but don't you need someone there to help??? They'll likely take a QB with their 1st rounder, but there have been a lot of talks that if Ryan is taken before they get theirs that they may opt for McFadden because they know Warrick Dunn is getting up there plus his salary. My problem with that is they have Norwood. Focus on the QB. They had no business releasing Crumpler, at all... He was a positive force on the offense. F*ck. Who the Hell are they going to get at TE? Certainly no one as good as Crumpler, unless they are somehow thinking they can sign Witten.

Pretty upset right now.

wow that is major suckage. I wonder where he ends up. He could be very productive on a lot of teams!

Hockeyis#1
02-15-2008, 07:48 PM

Pretty upset right now.

So basically all the players I liked on the falcons are about to be gone:

Gone:
Vick
Kerney
Crumpler

Left:
Dunn
Brooking
Hall

Their style of football was why I was a fan. The run first offense with Vick's playmaking ability and a physical defense.

I'm might be dropping ship here too unfortuneately :lol:

King_Killah
02-15-2008, 08:27 PM
wow that is major suckage. I wonder where he ends up. He could be very productive on a lot of teams!

If he goes to Philly... I will be pissed. I know that LJ Smith is a FA and I don't know if the Eagles will resign him. Maybe with Dallas. With Crump available they aren't in a desperate need to resign him. I think he goes out of the division, hopefully out of the conference. Anywhere but the Seattle SeaFrauds! Hahahaha...

Snipes16
03-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Michael Turner to the Falcons?

Dinner with Arthur Blank on Sunday.

Blank check?

boredguy
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Yep, Turner signs with the Falcons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-turner&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good signing for them, Turner is definitely a starting RB and much better then Dunn. This kills Norwood's fantasy value though.

walker42500
03-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I really don't think the loss of Crumpler is that big of a deal. He was overweight, short for a TE, poor blocker, and his success was a product of Vick. He's on the downside of his career, I don't care what his age is, he'll never be the threat he was with Vick again.

If you were to draft a TE, say Brad Cottam, that would be a huge upgrade for the Falcons.

King_Killah
03-03-2008, 03:46 AM
Yep, Turner signs with the Falcons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-turner&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good signing for them, Turner is definitely a starting RB and much better then Dunn. This kills Norwood's fantasy value though.

I think this deal basically cuts Warrick Dunn loose. Atlanta runs Norwood with Turner in the role that he played in San Diego, or I can even see it reversed with Turner taking the bulk with Norwood on 3rd down and goal line carries. I like this move. Makes the Crumpler decision a little easier to take.

I really don't think the loss of Crumpler is that big of a deal. He was overweight, short for a TE, poor blocker, and his success was a product of Vick. He's on the downside of his career, I don't care what his age is, he'll never be the threat he was with Vick again.

You got to be kidding me. I am not arguing his blocking. He isn't a blocking TE though. He was needed for offense, in that offense. They brought in Joe Horn to help, but the loss of Vick hurt. Harrington, Leftwich, and Redman... geez. Now, they replace Crumpler with Ben Hartsock. Ben mother f*cking Hartsock. Right. Whopping 12 receptions for 138 yards over the course of a season Ben Hartsock. Joke! Atlanta needs to draft a QB first and foremost in the draft. The receivers can get by with Joe Horn, Roddy White, and Michael Jenkins. The run game has improved with the addition of Michael Turner. Maybe they trade Dunn away, get an extra pick somewhere unless they cut him directly in which case I can see him going back to Tampa Bay or maybe heading out to Indy. Back to Crumpler... no way can Atlanta cutting him be downplayed.

walker42500
03-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I think this deal basically cuts Warrick Dunn loose. Atlanta runs Norwood with Turner in the role that he played in San Diego, or I can even see it reversed with Turner taking the bulk with Norwood on 3rd down and goal line carries. I like this move. Makes the Crumpler decision a little easier to take.

You got to be kidding me. I am not arguing his blocking. He isn't a blocking TE though. He was needed for offense, in that offense. They brought in Joe Horn to help, but the loss of Vick hurt. Harrington, Leftwich, and Redman... geez. Now, they replace Crumpler with Ben Hartsock. Ben mother f*cking Hartsock. Right. Whopping 12 receptions for 138 yards over the course of a season Ben Hartsock. Joke! Atlanta needs to draft a QB first and foremost in the draft. The receivers can get by with Joe Horn, Roddy White, and Michael Jenkins. The run game has improved with the addition of Michael Turner. Maybe they trade Dunn away, get an extra pick somewhere unless they cut him directly in which case I can see him going back to Tampa Bay or maybe heading out to Indy. Back to Crumpler... no way can Atlanta cutting him be downplayed.

I have to eat some crow now. Crumpler should do pretty well with Vince in Tennessee since his and Vick's style are similar.

Crumpler is average without a scrambling QB. He wasn't going to fit Atlanta's offense with the QB they draft. They are going to pound the ball with Norwood and Turner all season long, taking pressure off their rookie QB.

FlyGuy78
03-03-2008, 10:17 AM
i think Crumpler in TEN is a perfect fit for him.

King_Killah
03-04-2008, 07:50 PM
i think Crumpler in TEN is a perfect fit for him.

How about re-phrase it to saw Crumpler is a perfect fit for Vince Young.

FlyGuy78
03-05-2008, 12:41 AM
How about re-phrase it to saw Crumpler is a perfect fit for Vince Young.

TEN = VYoung that's why Crump is a great fit for TEN!! :D

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 12:58 AM
TEN = VYoung that's why Crump is a great fit for TEN!! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

FlyGuy78
03-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Poor Falcons are still gonna suck. Are you still going to stay true to the Dirty Souf when your boys look like the Dolphins did this year King?!?! :lol:

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Poor Falcons are still gonna suck. Are you still going to stay true to the Dirty Souf when your boys look like the Dolphins did this year King?!?! :lol:

I almost hopped ship when they cut Crumpler for no good f*ckin' apparent reason. But I stayed on board with the Turner signing. The Falcons will win more than 1 game. They may win 2, perhaps even 3. This year it will basically be how well they do against the spread ;)!!!

FlyGuy78
03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
This year it will basically be how well they do against the spread ;)!!!

And King, honestly, in a year when your team has no hope (a la Raiders since 2002 and for the next 2 or so years), isn't covering the spread the most important thing?! :D

King_Killah
03-05-2008, 06:10 PM
And King, honestly, in a year when your team has no hope (a la Raiders since 2002 and for the next 2 or so years), isn't covering the spread the most important thing?! :D

They are the team though that if you bet on them, they get blown out. If you bet against them, they lose by a FG. Its frustrating as balls. But as long as we draft a QB (Ryan or Brohm) I'll be fine. Let Harrington start. Immediately treat Ryan or Brohm like he is in the #2 spot by letting him take some 1st team snaps, but keep Redman as the #2. Let him work out the playbook and plays, let him call the plays in. Give him the starting spot in year #2. The f*cker better not hold out! :mad:

FlyGuy78
03-06-2008, 01:57 AM
ATL cut Harrington King!! ;)

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 09:21 AM
ATL cut Harrington King!! ;)

Even better..... When was this??? I missed out on that somehow. I know they cut Leftwich. If they dropped both of those terds, that would be awesome.

FlyGuy78
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
yesterday King.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkJgs9jPw1cDR85v5QT4D51DubYF?slug=ap-falcons-harrington&prov=ap&type=lgns

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
yesterday King.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkJgs9jPw1cDR85v5QT4D51DubYF?slug=ap-falcons-harrington&prov=ap&type=lgns

:hic::D:):yes::cheers::derr::headbang::yesyes::bow down:

Good look Fly. I completely missed that. That is fantastic news.

"......and with the 3rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select from Boston College, quarterback, Matt Ryan."

I am OK going into the season with Chris Redman and DJ Shockley. Hopefully Shockley doesn't break his knee again in the pre-season.

So.... the Falcons subtract Crumpler, which pissed me off to no end. But then added Turner. Dumped Dunn. Dumped Harrington. They just need to draft right in the draft. Meaning, QB with their #1 pick. Ryan or Brohm. Anyone else is unacceptable.

two24four
03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
:hic::D:):yes::cheers::derr::headbang::yesyes::bow down:

Good look Fly. I completely missed that. That is fantastic news.

"......and with the 3rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select from Boston College, quarterback, Matt Ryan."

I am OK going into the season with Chris Redman and DJ Shockley. Hopefully Shockley doesn't break his knee again in the pre-season.

So.... the Falcons subtract Crumpler, which pissed me off to no end. But then added Turner. Dumped Dunn. Dumped Harrington. They just need to draft right in the draft. Meaning, QB with their #1 pick. Ryan or Brohm. Anyone else is unacceptable.

Drafting Ryan would be great for ATL, but I read something yesterday saying Miami could still draft Ryan 1st overall, I guess they have thought about it, so if they did, I guess you would have to go with Brohm at 3rd overall.

King_Killah
03-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Drafting Ryan would be great for ATL, but I read something yesterday saying Miami could still draft Ryan 1st overall, I guess they have thought about it, so if they did, I guess you would have to go with Brohm at 3rd overall.

Yeah.... From day one, the only thing I really heard was Miami going after a QB with the 1st pick, namely Ryan. Then, even before the ecstatic news about Atlanta dropping Harrington pretty much forcing them to go QB with their 1st pick, I have heard that Atlanta is interested in trading a few picks to get that #1 from Miami to get Ryan. Either way, Ryan or Brohm and I am good.

FlyGuy78
03-07-2008, 10:41 AM
that works for me too since I hope McFadden will still be left at #4 for OAK!! :D

two24four
03-07-2008, 08:06 PM
that works for me too since I hope McFadden will still be left at #4 for OAK!! :D

He would be a great pick for you guys, and it would keep the Jets from getting him :D

King_Killah
03-08-2008, 12:39 AM

I would be absolutely stunned if Oakland went McFadden with their pick. I don't see that one happening in a million years.

Shady6833
03-08-2008, 12:46 AM
i got a question for the falcons. After the dysfunctionality that Vick left them in, you think they bring him back after he is released. If not I'm sure someone else will give him a shot.

two24four
03-08-2008, 01:04 AM
I dont think it would be smart for any team to sign Vick, cant be a good PR move.

Shady6833
03-08-2008, 01:17 AM
ya but you gotta remember the dolphins brought back my boy Ricky. Hmm the more I think about it, I think my favorite players in the NFL are dysfunctional haha. You gotta think next year some team is gonna need a QB and chance it.

King_Killah
03-08-2008, 01:32 AM
i got a question for the falcons. After the dysfunctionality that Vick left them in, you think they bring him back after he is released. If not I'm sure someone else will give him a shot.

For a while I was pretty convinced that Atlanta will bring back Vick. Today, I am a little less convinced but still can see it. It will be a couple of seasons before Vick plays again, so Atlanta will likely and should address the QB situation with this year's draft. That said, I think Atlanta is going to have the same mentality as the Phins had with Ricky Williams. They think he owes them money, so since he is still under contract with the Falcons they'll bring him back to "re-coop" some of that money.

That said. Not entirely sold on Arthur Blank wanting to bring him back although he was and probably still is Vick's biggest supporter. If Atlanta doesn't do it, and as long as Goodell lets Vick back in, I do think some team will sign him. That team: Oakland.

two24four
03-08-2008, 01:34 AM
For a while I was pretty convinced that Atlanta will bring back Vick. Today, I am a little less convinced but still can see it. It will be a couple of seasons before Vick plays again, so Atlanta will likely and should address the QB situation with this year's draft. That said, I think Atlanta is going to have the same mentality as the Phins had with Ricky Williams. They think he owes them money, so since he is still under contract with the Falcons they'll bring him back to "re-coop" some of that money.

That said. Not entirely sold on Arthur Blank wanting to bring him back although he was and probably still is Vick's biggest supporter. If Atlanta doesn't do it, and as long as Goodell lets Vick back in, I do think some team will sign him. That team: Oakland.

I dont know, they have Russell though, inless he turns into a bust by the time Vick comes back.

King_Killah
03-08-2008, 01:37 AM
I dont know, they have Russell though, inless he turns into a bust by the time Vick comes back.

Anything Oakland does is potential bust! Hahahaha... Even if Russell is all that he made out to be, Vick isn't a bad #2.

Shady6833
03-08-2008, 01:47 AM
haha ya i am an lsu fan and as such like russell, but oakland has a touch that turns anything into shit, and he reminds me of a young culpepper, take that for what you want haha

FlyGuy78
03-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I would be absolutely stunned if Oakland went McFadden with their pick. I don't see that one happening in a million years.

With Grandpa Al making the calls, you're probably right, but passing on this guy would be the biggest fuck up he's done in years. The kid looks awesome so far. And it's not like we have a star RB anyway. Fargas did well last year, but I wouldn't bank on him or Rhodes as a future #1. I think Russell, Fargas/Rhodes/McFadden, Curry and Walker is a pretty good lineup for a bad team.

King_Killah
03-09-2008, 12:18 AM
With Grandpa Al making the calls, you're probably right, but passing on this guy would be the biggest fuck up he's done in years. The kid looks awesome so far. And it's not like we have a star RB anyway. Fargas did well last year, but I wouldn't bank on him or Rhodes as a future #1. I think Russell, Fargas/Rhodes/McFadden, Curry and Walker is a pretty good lineup for a bad team.

I am going to say this right now. I actually have said this a few times, just not anywhere here I don't think. You like Adrian Peterson (MIN) last year, McFadden will produce equally the same, if not more than Peterson did last year, this year. McFadden is going to be a f*ckin' horse. I honestly think there is no chance that the Raiders take him.

Shady6833
03-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Ya I mean the only knock against Mcfadden from what I've heard is his attitude and personal problems. Never scared Oakland away before has it. This kid if healthy could be the top back in the NFL as a rookie. Work horse and then some. Oakland would be crazy to let him slide. They attempted to sure up their wide outs a little and it's tiime to let Russell have the team, give him a back that's gonna pound through o-lines. whether this happens or not Al Davis is the only one who knows that. Maybe he just likes press clippings whether positive or negative.

Doctego
03-09-2008, 10:29 AM
KK.......I know that I am late to the party here but I have no issue with them cutting Crumpler. He has always been pretty much the only Falcon that I liked but it was time to go. Let's go down the checklist. $5.1 M cap hit. Check. Coming off of a knee injury. Check. 30 years old. Check. Team will be terrible with or without him. Check. He still brings a lot to the table when healthy but that wasn't guaranteed and they need a total rebuild.

FlyGuy78
03-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Joey Harrington: Could Re-Sign with Falcons

Update: The Falcons are considering re-signing Harrington after releasing him on Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Recommendation: Harrington could receive interest from other clubs in the market for a backup quarterback, including St. Louis and Green Bay. Still, the Falcons were able to save some cap space by cutting him and if Harrington wants a chance at starting again, Atlanta is probably his best opportunity.

two24four
03-09-2008, 12:49 PM
:lol::lol: That sucks.

King_Killah
03-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Joey Harrington: Could Re-Sign with Falcons

Update: The Falcons are considering re-signing Harrington after releasing him on Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Recommendation: Harrington could receive interest from other clubs in the market for a backup quarterback, including St. Louis and Green Bay. Still, the Falcons were able to save some cap space by cutting him and if Harrington wants a chance at starting again, Atlanta is probably his best opportunity.

Thanks Fly. :barf:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............ I guess he or Redman, which is the greater of the two?

mrtybrodur30
03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
lol i guess they had second thoughts about him . and as for the raiders i still think they should take Long from Michigan that would be huge for the offense and would also protect their franchise qb.

two24four
03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
lol i guess they had second thoughts about him . and as for the raiders i still think they should take Long from Michigan that would be huge for the offense and would also protect their franchise qb.

Yeah that would also be a good pick for them, alot are saying he's the Joe Thomas of this draft.

King_Killah
06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
New Atlanta Falcons OC Mike Mularkey has brought with him some staples from his time in Pittsburgh. It is a run-oriented scheme, but the passing game is not ignored. Hines Ward (http://www.footballguys.com/WardHi00-1.php) had a season with 112 catches in the same offense. WR Roddy White (http://www.footballguys.com/WhitRo00-1.php) is now playing a position similar to Ward in the Falcons' new offense. "I'm playing the Z position and that's the same position he played," White said when asked about Ward's success. "I was watching film on Hines the other day and watching what he did in that offense. Watching someone that succeed in the offense is good for you."

He'll run from the Z position all over Fly and the Raiders this year.

FlyGuy78
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
He'll run from the Z position all over Fly and the Raiders this year.

You've been saying that every year since he got there, and yet, NOTHING!!

RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!!!! :rolleyes:

King_Killah
06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
You've been saying that every year since he got there, and yet, NOTHING!!

RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!!!! :rolleyes:

Say what every year???? The Falcons beating up the Raiders??? You dipshit they don't play often enough for me to say they'll beat the Raiders every year.... The last time the Falcons played the Raiders was in '04 and the Falcons won that game. And if I remember correctly, the Falcons even covered that bitch, easily. Or are you talking about Roddy White?? If that is the case, I couldn't have said that every year either because this is the first time he is coming out of Hines Ward's Z position.

Ready for a guarantee.... Matt Ryan will have a bigger and better and more productive NFL career than JaMarcus Russell.

FlyGuy78
06-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Say what every year???? The Falcons beating up the Raiders??? You dipshit they don't play often enough for me to say they'll beat the Raiders every year.... The last time the Falcons played the Raiders was in '04 and the Falcons won that game. And if I remember correctly, the Falcons even covered that bitch, easily. Or are you talking about Roddy White?? If that is the case, I couldn't have said that every year either because this is the first time he is coming out of Hines Ward's Z position.

Ready for a guarantee.... Matt Ryan will have a bigger and better and more productive NFL career than JaMarcus Russell.

Yes I'm talking about Roddy White, that is what your post was about. He has done NOTHING since he's gotten here and I don't give a shit if he's running from the Z, X, Y, G, F, R, T....it don't matter.

Oh and Ryan better than Russell............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, this is why I thank God we are friends in real life. You are just too funny not to know!! :D

King_Killah
06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes I'm talking about Roddy White, that is what your post was about. He has done NOTHING since he's gotten here and I don't give a shit if he's running from the Z, X, Y, G, F, R, T....it don't matter.

Oh and Ryan better than Russell............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, this is why I thank God we are friends in real life. You are just too funny not to know!! :D

You'll see... ;)

...and Roddy White. Hmm... 1200 yards with 6 TDs. Yeah, that's nothing. Go f*ck yourself Fly. Oh wait....what's that??? 500 yards more than the Raiders best receiver. And 200 shy of the Raiders top two receivers put together. All from a run first team. Hmmm... What to do now that the Falcons have a passing quarterback?

FlyGuy78
06-10-2008, 11:55 AM
You'll see... ;)

...and Roddy White. Hmm... 1200 yards with 6 TDs. Yeah, that's nothing. Go f*ck yourself Fly. Oh wait....what's that??? 500 yards more than the Raiders best receiver. And 200 shy of the Raiders top two receivers put together. All from a run first team. Hmmm... What to do now that the Falcons have a passing quarterback?

Yeah, a RUN FIRST team in the 1st Quarter until they are down 2 TD's and have to THROW for the last three quarters!!! And considering there is NO ONE else on the team to throw to, he got some trash yards and TD's.

Man, it's only June and we're already starting shit!! God, I love football!!! :D

King_Killah
06-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, a RUN FIRST team in the 1st Quarter until they are down 2 TD's and have to THROW for the last three quarters!!! And considering there is NO ONE else on the team to throw to, he got some trash yards and TD's.

Man, it's only June and we're already starting shit!! God, I love football!!! :D

How was it said..... at least you said something that makes sense.

King_Killah
06-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Oh and.... no one else?? Crumpler, Horn, Jenkins...

Still pissed that they let Crumps go. Not thrilled with Ben Hartsock at TE. Jenkins, Horn, Laurent Robinson will all be fine this year. Brian Finneran returning will also be fine.

FlyGuy78
06-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh and.... no one else?? Crumpler, Horn, Jenkins...

Still pissed that they let Crumps go. Not thrilled with Ben Hartsock at TE. Jenkins, Horn, Laurent Robinson will all be fine this year. Brian Finneran returning will also be fine.

that's a saaaaaaad bunch of WR!! :rolleyes:

King_Killah
06-10-2008, 07:03 PM
that's a saaaaaaad bunch of WR!! :rolleyes:

Better than the Raiders...

Roddy White >/= Ronald Curry (still the only Oakland receiver I liked)
Joe Horn >/= Javon Walker
Michael Jenkins >/= Drew Carter
Laurent Robinson >> Johnie Lee Higgins
Brian Finneran >>>>> Chris McFoy
Adam Jennings > Drisan James

Bob Hartsock << Zach Miller

Roddy White outproduced Curry yards and TDs and will likely do so again this year. Joe Horn future NFL Hall of Famer owns Javon Walker. Can J-Walk stay healthy? Doubt it. We'll see. Jenkins has the ability and is a better all-around receiver than Drew Carter. I do like Carter though. Not a bad #3. It all will depend on how he is used. He actually has the ability to quietly be the Raiders best receiver. Laurent Robinson has a shot at making big time plays. Matt Ryan can find the open guy and has accuracy no matter the distance, something Atlanta receivers aren't used to. Johnnie Lee Higgins will likely be used as much as Hank Baskett in Philly. Brian Finneran is a big target and a proven receiver. Let's see if he can stay healthy. McFoy will probably not even make the team. Adam Jennings is a fast little terd, he'll get shots once injuries fall into place. Drisan James - undrafted WR out of Boise State is used to the big bombs, but can he play off of the blue turf? He'll likely be on the practice squad for the season. Some potential to make the team if injuries prevail, but don't expect much out of him this year. I give you the advantage in the TE department. Not sold on Hartsock at all. Except for not dishing out the $$$, I don't understand the Falcons logic in letting Crumpler get away only to replace him with Hartsock.

Overall, I think Finneran will eventually get hurt, just like Walker. I expect 12 games or less of these two. I expect Atlanta's White, Jenkins, and Robinson to handle most of the receiving duties with Horn to contribute his fair share. On Oakland's side, I like Curry and can see Carter coming up when called on. Outside of those two guys, Oakland is going to rely on their run a lot. I don't see Russell being as big of a factor as you think he will. Hope McFadden can learn the NFL playbook fast, if not Fargas will earn his share. Hopefully Bush can get involved. He is the guy I will watch a lot this year.

Receiving core - I give the Falcons the edge.

Once again, all of this changes as camps progress and pre-season hits.

FlyGuy78
06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Better than the Raiders...

Roddy White >/= Ronald Curry (still the only Oakland receiver I liked)
Joe Horn >/= Javon Walker
Michael Jenkins >/= Drew Carter
Laurent Robinson >> Johnie Lee Higgins
Brian Finneran >>>>> Chris McFoy
Adam Jennings > Drisan James

Bob Hartsock << Zach Miller.

I didn't even read passed this cause I almost fell off my chair. I will give you White = Curry (though I like Curry much more now with a QB who can get him the ball), but Horn is NOT > Walker. Maybe 5 years ago, and even after his injury. You talk about Walker's health like Horn ain't 50 years old. In 12 games last year, he had a whopping 243 yards. :rolleyes: Drew Carter is MUCH better than Jenkins also. He's gonna be the slot WR that the Raiders have needed for a long time. Jenkins should be thankful he's still got a spot, which as of right now he has 4th behind Robinson. Speaking of Robinson, he, along with Higgins, McFoy, Jennings, and James haven't played enough to really judge them. Finneran is the only one I like and that's cause he's a speedy white guy. He has also not done much over the passed 3 years. Last year he did alright, but the 2 years before that, shit.

We have a whole new offense in OAK now. So many new weapons that I don't think you can judge past performance. We shall see when the season starts. And I'm not expecting perfection a la NE, but I'm sure it will be much better than we have seen in recent years. For the Falcons, I can't say the same.

King_Killah
06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I didn't even read passed this cause I almost fell off my chair. I will give you White = Curry (though I like Curry much more now with a QB who can get him the ball), but Horn is NOT > Walker. Maybe 5 years ago, and even after his injury. You talk about Walker's health like Horn ain't 50 years old. In 12 games last year, he had a whopping 243 yards. :rolleyes: Drew Carter is MUCH better than Jenkins also. He's gonna be the slot WR that the Raiders have needed for a long time. Jenkins should be thankful he's still got a spot, which as of right now he has 4th behind Robinson. Speaking of Robinson, he, along with Higgins, McFoy, Jennings, and James haven't played enough to really judge them. Finneran is the only one I like and that's cause he's a speedy white guy. He has also not done much over the passed 3 years. Last year he did alright, but the 2 years before that, shit.

We have a whole new offense in OAK now. So many new weapons that I don't think you can judge past performance. We shall see when the season starts. And I'm not expecting perfection a la NE, but I'm sure it will be much better than we have seen in recent years. For the Falcons, I can't say the same.

Fly - please check your facts before you respond or even comment at all...

Brian Finneran. Not really speedy. He is just a big white guy who has great hands and can actually jump and pull balls down. As far as: "not doing much in the past three years - last year he did alright, but the two before that, shit..." You are so full of shit. Brian Finneran did NOT PLAY A REGULAR SEASON DOWN IN 2006 OR 2007, he got hurt and out for the season in the pre-season both of those years.

As far as not being able to judge those other guys. There is more than enough to judge them on.

and your comment on having a new Oakland offense and not being able to judge them on past performance, Atlanta is in the same boat. You say that Oakland now has a QB who can get receivers the ball. Atlanta the same.

Drew Carter is NOT much better than Mike Jenkins. Please put the oregano down. And it seems as if you missed my comments on him anyway. Here, I'll refresh you.

He actually has the ability to quietly be the Raiders best receiver.

But as always, we shall see... There is plenty of camp to go through. Pre-season. Etc. Bring it.

Motorcat
06-10-2008, 08:18 PM
All this over 2 teams that may win 5 games combined.

:lol:

And you 2 are being way to civil with one another .......... I'm miss the classic KK vs. Flyguy meltdowns.

King_Killah
06-11-2008, 07:46 AM
All this over 2 teams that may win 5 games combined.

And you 2 are being way to civil with one another .......... I'm miss the classic KK vs. Flyguy meltdowns.

Hahaha...........:lol::lol:

There definitely were some heated moments... Don't worry, when Fly starts to really get nitbaggish, it'll happen again.

FlyGuy78
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Hahaha...........:lol::lol:

There definitely were some heated moments... Don't worry, when Fly starts to really get nitbaggish, it'll happen again.

Hahaha....well I try not to go too nitbaggish anymore since it just causes me to lose more hair. I blame KK and this website for my bald spot!! :D

King_Killah
06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Hahaha....well I try not to go too nitbaggish anymore since it just causes me to lose more hair. I blame KK and this website for my bald spot!! :D

:lol::lol: I almost pissed myself.

FlyGuy78
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
:lol::lol: I almost pissed myself.

mission accomplished! :cool:

King_Killah
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
QB Chris Redman (http://www.footballguys.com/RedmCh00-1.php) worked with the first team at yesterday's Atlanta Falcon's scrimmage. QB Matt Ryan (http://www.footballguys.com/RyanMa00-1.php) worked with the second unit while QB Joey Harrington (http://www.footballguys.com/HarrJo00-1.php) practiced with the third and QB D.J. Shockley played with the fourth team.

This is more or less for people paying attention to depth charts... It is still far too early to tell who is going to emerge the starter, but it looks as if it is going to be either Redman or Ryan.

King_Killah
08-09-2008, 05:57 PM
WRs Laurent Robinson (http://www.footballguys.com/RobiLa01-1.php) (tailbone) and Joe Horn (http://www.footballguys.com/HornJo00-1.php) (hamstring) are not expected to play much, if at all for the Atlanta Falcons when they open the preseason Saturday at Jacksonville. However, WR Brian Finneran will see his first game action in almost two seasons. WRs Coach Terry Robiske also has some goals for this game. "I want to see Roddy White (http://www.footballguys.com/WhitRo00-1.php) compete. I want to see him get after somebody. I saw what he did last year, but it's a new year. We're all getting older, so I want to see him compete. I want to see all our guys compete."

Glad to see Robiske pushing White.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Joe Horn needs to shut the f*ck up and stop being a p*ssy....

Atlanta Falcons veteran WR Joe Horn (http://www.footballguys.com/HornJo00-1.php) wants to be released or traded so desperately that he says he is contemplating restructuring or forfeiting part of the guaranteed $2.5 million salary he is owed for this season. Horn does not like the role he sees for himself with the team this year, especially with young WRs Laurent Robinson (http://www.footballguys.com/RobiLa01-1.php) and Harry Douglas (http://www.footballguys.com/DougHa00-1.php) moving ahead of him on the depth chart.

If he wants out... he'll agree to forfeiting PART of his guaranteed money... F* that... You want out, you lose the whole thing. Why should you get guaranteed money when you didn't do squat? Shut the f*ck up. Be a leader for the young guys and go on with your self. Perhaps if you performed better guys like Harry Douglas wouldn't move ahead of you in the depth chart.

FlyGuy78
08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
and this is a guy you said you were happy to have on your team last year. Horn's nothing but a washed up asshole. he should have retired when he left NO.

b_illin
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
if he scores a TD in the preseason, maybe someone should call him on his cell and tell him his career is over! (pun intended for those who remember)

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
and this is a guy you said you were happy to have on your team last year. Horn's nothing but a washed up asshole. he should have retired when he left NO.

Yes... I was happy to have him on the team. But when you act like a little whiny prick, then you work your way to the F* list.

if he scores a TD in the preseason, maybe someone should call him on his cell and tell him his career is over! (pun intended for those who remember)

That's funny!!! :lol:

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
as soon as you put on an ATL jersey, you ARE a little whiny prick. :D

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 12:39 PM
That's right... bring it bitches...

It really didn't matter who played quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons Saturday. This was Michael Turner (http://www.footballguys.com/TurnMi00-1.php)'s night. Faster than you could say Joey Harrington (http://www.footballguys.com/HarrJo00-1.php), Turner racked up more rushing yards in Atlanta's 16-9 preseason loss to Indianapolis than any Falcons running back managed in any of 16 games last season. Turner gained 113 yards on four carries. "The thing that was most impressive was that Michael Turner (http://www.footballguys.com/TurnMi00-1.php) ran the ball extremely well," coach Mike Smith said. "It was the second straight week we rushed for 100 yards so that was a positive."

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
does this shock you that ATL has a good running game?

They will always suck if they never fix the passing game and you know it.

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
does this shock you that ATL has a good running game?

They will always suck if they never fix the passing game and you know it.

Not surprised about the run. Matt Ryan will fix the pass.

FlyGuy78
08-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Not surprised about the run. Matt Ryan will fix the pass.

So you think!!! And when Roddy White is getting double covered, who else is he going to throw the ball too?? You don't have Crumpler, you don't have the great Joe Horn anymore. You got nothing!!!

Like I said before, MATT RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!! Just like Vick wasn't years ago! Look how that turned out!!

And you say the Raiders are a pathetic team. The Dirty Falcons are right up there with them.

King_Killah
08-20-2008, 01:02 PM
So you think!!! And when Roddy White is getting double covered, who else is he going to throw the ball too?? You don't have Crumpler, you don't have the great Joe Horn anymore. You got nothing!!!

Like I said before, MATT RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!! Just like Vick wasn't years ago! Look how that turned out!!

And you say the Raiders are a pathetic team. The Dirty Falcons are right up there with them.

White, Finneran, Robinson, Jenkins -- f*ck Horn.

King_Killah
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Horn released...

The Falcons finally granted veteran WR Joe Horn (http://www.footballguys.com/HornJo00-1.php)'s request by releasing the 36-year old receiver. "They saw I was disgruntled, they saw that me sitting to the side and watching and we know it wasn't going to work out well for either of us," Horn said. "We made the right decision. They allowed me to go and I'm just happy to know that I'm leaving with good character". Horn has stated publicly that he would like to play for the Dallas Cowboys or Philadelphia Eagles.

I don't see room for him in Dallas, especially since they couldn't keep Glenn around... Philly could use him. But will he get pissed off there wheh DeSean Jackson and Hank Baskett are ahead of him?

two24four
08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
With Chad Jackson looking like shit through camp and pre-season, I read something today saying that maybe the Pats might sign Horn as there #3 WR behide Moss and Welker.

FlyGuy78
08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Kevin Curtis is out now with a sports hernia which could put him out up to 8 weeks. I could see PHI now trying for Horn.

King_Killah
08-25-2008, 03:58 PM
The Atlanta Falcons have announced that third overall pick QB Matt Ryan (http://www.footballguys.com/RyanMa00-1.php) will be the team's starting quarterback this season. Ryan will likely only play one series in the team's final preseason game.

Normally I am opposed to a first year QB taking the helm right off the bat, but in this case it totally makes sense... Especially giving him the ball from the beginning. Let him build and grow from the start. Its the right idea, right move...especially if they want to get past the whole Mike Vick thing.

Spartan
08-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Hater
http://www.softycentral.com/sights/newphoto/harr.jpg

King_Killah
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Hater
http://www.softycentral.com/sights/newphoto/harr.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

FlyGuy78
08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Normally I am opposed to a first year QB taking the helm right off the bat, but in this case it totally makes sense... Especially giving him the ball from the beginning. Let him build and grow from the start. Its the right idea, right move...especially if they want to get past the whole Mike Vick thing.

Ryan sucks and so do the Falcons!!

FOR THE LAST TIME..................RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!!! :rolleyes:

King_Killah
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Ryan sucks and so do the Falcons!!

FOR THE LAST TIME..................RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!!! :rolleyes:

....says the nitbag.

We'll see. Ryan is certainly better than Harrington, Redman, or Shockley. Ryan is better than Flacco or Henne. The Falcons have a couple of receivers around him and a run game. He is in a better spot at this point than JaMarcus Russell. There are still pieces the Falcons need. I don't doubt that or dispute it.

You yourself were crying that the Falcons need a QB that can pass. Ryan can do that.

FlyGuy78
08-25-2008, 07:23 PM
....says the nitbag.

We'll see. Ryan is certainly better than Harrington, Redman, or Shockley. Ryan is better than Flacco or Henne. The Falcons have a couple of receivers around him and a run game. He is in a better spot at this point than JaMarcus Russell. There are still pieces the Falcons need. I don't doubt that or dispute it.

You yourself were crying that the Falcons need a QB that can pass. Ryan can do that.

So is your son Ryan and he's what.......4? :D

King_Killah
08-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan (http://www.footballguys.com/RyanMa00-1.php), QB D.J. Shockley and WR Brian Finneran were involved in a minor traffic accident on Wednesday morning. None of the players were injured as a result of the incident.

Ummmm....... glad to hear everything is OK, but just like the President and Vice President never travel together - your two QBs need to travel separate also.

FlyGuy78
09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
THIS JUST IN..............

Matt Ryan is not your savior, but Michael Turner sure the fuck is!!!! :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-21-2008, 04:48 PM

was there ever any doubt??

King_Killah
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM

Well.....for one, the Falcons took a page out of the Raiders game plan vs. the Chiefs -- after Oakland was able to run on the Chiefs, why not follow suit... The only difference is that Matt Ryan still had almost 200 yards and a TD with no INTs, while JaMarcASS Russell (yeah he gets a name too) managed what 50 yards and no TDs??? Don't you worry about Atlanta, we are just fine. Playoffs are calling. While, Oakland will still flounder near the bottom of the league.

Dubz
09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
As a Lions fan I know I should just stfu.... but
Id just like to send out a....FALCON EH !!

FlyGuy78
09-21-2008, 08:58 PM
actually Russell had 156 yards passing and 1 TD, nitbag!!

Motorcat
09-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm calling it right now - Falcons over the Panthers next weekend.

King_Killah
09-22-2008, 08:18 AM
actually Russell had 156 yards passing and 1 TD, nitbag!!

DIPSHIT................ Please re-read my post:

Well.....for one, the Falcons took a page out of the Raiders game plan vs. the Chiefs -- after Oakland was able to run on the Chiefs, why not follow suit... The only difference is that Matt Ryan still had almost 200 yards and a TD with no INTs, while JaMarcASS Russell (yeah he gets a name too) managed what 50 yards and no TDs??? Don't you worry about Atlanta, we are just fine. Playoffs are calling. While, Oakland will still flounder near the bottom of the league.

Let me break it down slowly for you since I know you have a hard time understanding and comprehending.

I am discussing the last two weeks vs. the Chiefs because you claim that Turner is the savious of the Falcons, so my response was - we took a page out of the Raiders gameplan by running the ball. The difference between the two weeks vs. the Chiefs is that Matt Ryan still threw for almost 200 yards and a TD, yet the week prior when the Raiders played the Chiefs, JaMarcASS Russell only had 55 yards and no TDs. Falcons >>> Raiders, Matt Ryan >>> JaMarcASS Russell.

FlyGuy78
09-29-2008, 09:23 AM
ATL was your 5***** LOCK OF THE YEAR PICK and what happen. Oh yeah, they got beat just like EVERYONE else in the world told you they would.

Lesson #420 - ALWAYS bet against KK's 5**** lock pics, especially when he is betting on ATL.

King_Killah
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
ATL was your 5***** LOCK OF THE YEAR PICK and what happen. Oh yeah, they got beat just like EVERYONE else in the world told you they would.

Lesson #420 - ALWAYS bet against KK's 5**** lock pics, especially when he is betting on ATL.

Says the jack ass who bet against me when I guaranteed Buffalo would go into Seattle and win 33-0 a few years ago. The 5*****'s are actually pretty solid. They don't come often but when they do, they usually hit.

dw13
09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Except when you pick the Falcons.

FlyGuy78
09-29-2008, 01:46 PM

exactly!! And the only game you can EVER remember is that BUF game. Even the sun shines on a dog's ass somedays!! :D

dw13
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
exactly!! And the only game you can EVER remember is that BUF game. Even the sun shines on a dog's ass somedays!! :D

King_Killah
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Not exactly.... I just lost the two road game. I won week 1 vs. Detroit when the mass majority was on the Lions and I won week 3 vs. Kansas City. I am not touching the week 5 game at Green Bay.

How about the playoff games - Jets + over the Raiders, Jets win 41-0 I believe was the final....how about that Falcons at Green Bay playoff game in which no team has ever beaten Green Bay in Green Bay in temps below 19 degrees, well, until Atlanta did that night. What about the Falcons at Minnesota game where the Falcons were getting 6, I said SU win. Vick runs for a 60+ yard TD in OT for the SU win. Shall I keep going... The Buffalo/Seattle game is most memorable because you were guaranteeing life and limb on the SeaFrauds that day.

b_illin
10-04-2008, 07:16 PM
The Falcons fucking suck nuts KK! (happy, dawinna :drevil:)

King_Killah
10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
The Falcons fucking suck nuts KK! (happy, dawinna :drevil:)

"You must not watch the Falcons games or anything because you don't know what you are talking about." Hahaha....

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
wait a minute, are you saying that Atlanta still has a professional football team?!?!

King_Killah
10-04-2008, 09:24 PM
wait a minute, are you saying that Atlanta still has a professional football team?!?!

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.....oh wait, they are still NCAA(F)!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.....oh wait, they are still NCAA(F)!

dw13
10-04-2008, 11:50 PM
:wtf:

King_Killah
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM
:wtf:

WTF is the :wtf: about?

dw13
10-05-2008, 01:03 PM
WTF is the :wtf: about?

Haha :lol:

King_Killah
10-05-2008, 09:52 PM
How about that shit.... Atlanta Falcons 3-2. Hmmm.... Just sayin'!

b_illin
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
How much longer til Matt Ryan is a top 5 fantasy QB? Does he have the WR's/TE's to make that move next year? Is he a keeper?

FlyGuy78
10-14-2008, 10:35 AM
He won't be a Top 5 fantasy QB next year unless they bring in a TE and probably another good WR (or if Robinson/Jenkins mature into that position). ATL will more than likely be a run first team, but when the running game is good, the passing game gets easier. I see Ryan being a Top 10 QB next year and probably 2-3 years before he would be a Top 5 QB.

two24four
10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
It wont be long before he's a top 5 QB, I'm loving this kid more and more each time I see him play, may not be next season, but it wont be long.

FlyGuy78
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
He would have to be better than Brady, P.Manning, Brees, Cutler, and Rodgers to be a Top 5 QB in the future. For fantasy purposes, I don't see him putting up those types of numbers. He's a much better real life QB than he is or will be fantasy QB.

b_illin
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
He would have to be better than Brady, P.Manning, Brees, Cutler, and Rodgers to be a Top 5 QB in the future. For fantasy purposes, I don't see him putting up those types of numbers. He's a much better real life QB than he is or will be fantasy QB.

How about Romo? Isn't he top 5? Strangely enough, I have both....

two24four
10-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I would put Romo over Rodgers IMO.

FlyGuy78
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
yeah Romo over Rodgers, sorry.

King_Killah
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM

The only ones on this list that I would have a problem with putting Ryan over is Brady and Manning. He can be better than Brees. He can be better than Cutler. He can be better than Rodgers. He can be better than Romo.

Ryan does have the skills. I am OK with his receivers. I would like another bigger name, but I am good with White and Jenkins. Definitely, definitely need a TE for this group though. Ryan is showing that they can be a pass oriented team. They were building the run around him to take some pressure off of him, but he is showing that he can deal with it. Too bad Jerry Jones is willing to spend the money on Roy Williams and Atlanta couldn't snag him. I expect a bigger name receiver to be brought in next season or they'll draft a top receiver in the 1st or 2nd round.

I think next year to be a top 5 QB is a little quick. But year 3 he could start emerging as a top 5.

b_illin
10-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Well KK, make me an offer in your league! (I am debating whether to keep Romo or trade him and keep Ryan instead)

Spartan
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Gonzalez to the Falcons for a 2nd round pick.

two24four
04-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Gonzalez to the Falcons for a 2nd round pick.

Good news for Ryan.

eff1ngham
04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Seems pretty cheap to me. But I guess you can't really expect much for a TE, especially one who wanted out

chgorman
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Seems pretty cheap to me. But I guess you can't really expect much for a TE, especially one who wanted out

Gonzalez is pretty old too, isn't he? Probably coulda fetched a bit more if he was a few yrs younger.

two24four
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Gonzalez is pretty old too, isn't he? Probably coulda fetched a bit more if he was a few yrs younger.

He's 33, but he put up good numbers this past season, 96 REC, 1,058 YDS, 10 TD's, he's still got some left in the tank. Could be even better with Ryan throwing him the ball now.

This was a great trade for ATL IMO, I think KC could have maybe got alittle bit more thou. ATL offence looks good, Ryan, Turner, White now Gonzo as well, not bad.

b_illin
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I might have to consider dealing Romo and keeping Ryan in a league...well, I already was, now I am even more.

King_Killah
04-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I will take T-Gonz every day of the week over the nonsense they brought in when they let Crump go.

Doctego
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Not really. He certainly wouldn't fetch a 1st rounder so the next best thing is a 2nd rounder. Teams are also starting to like 2nd round picks better because you can get similar talent outside of the top 10 and not have to pay so much in guaranteed money. He isn't ancient but isn't young, either. Assuming that he doesn't extend his contract, he has 3 more years left at almost $22M. That number is hard to swallow so KC made out quite well when you consider everything.

eff1ngham
04-24-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm not thinking a first-round pick, but I would have expected more than one pick for a player of his calibre. A TE like Gonzalez is basically worth WR money, so the fact that he has a big contract wouldn't really play into a team's decision (assuming they have cap room)

Spartan
04-24-2009, 06:39 AM
That pick will likely be outside the top 50 as well. The pick is for 2010 and adding Gonzo to Atlanta I would fully expect them to be picking quite late in the round next year. I think both teams did good here maybe a little better for Atlanta but nice deal all around.

Doctego
04-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm not thinking a first-round pick, but I would have expected more than one pick for a player of his calibre. A TE like Gonzalez is basically worth WR money, so the fact that he has a big contract wouldn't really play into a team's decision (assuming they have cap room)

In today's economy, you really need to consider everything. His cap hit is a factor. It's not like 10-15 years ago when the economics of the game were different.

King_Killah
04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Not thrilled with the Jerry pick...was looking for a corner, and hoping for Vontae Davis, but oh well...

dw13
04-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Ew, You should be happy you didn't touch Davis and his immature, over-rated self. :D

You'll learn to love Jerry. He is an awesome inside D-Linemen. Had enough of him in my SEC, thats for sure.

King_Killah
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, we'll see about Jerry. I don't think Jerry has a spot starting on this team, at least not this coming season. I think if they went corner with the first pick, even if it was Davis, he would be starting... That said, Atlanta did come out of the draft with two corners. They waited 'til the 3rd to take their first one though... That is a little concerning. They could have had Alphonso Smith out of Wake or UConn's Darius Butler which I would have taken over Willy Moore, at the very least, but I am not hating on Moore. Was his senior year just a result of injuries or did he just break out as a junior? Overall, I would give Atlanta's draft a C at best.

two24four
04-27-2009, 11:17 AM
They could have had Alphonso Smith out of Wake or UConn's Darius Butler .

Iam glad you guys did not take him :D I'm loving that pick for us, he could step right in for us this year and get a few starts.

dw13
04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I love Atlanta's draft. William Moore when healthy is a ball hawk, I think that was a fine pick. I don't think Butler is ready to start in this league, not a chance. He needs to get more fluid, he will be a nice nickleback for a year though.

Jerry was a great pick, even if he is just spelling time, you need depth on the D-Line, he can play all positions along the front.

You guys drafted alot of 'potentially' very good players. I think it was a decent draft, that could be very good in a handful of years.

King_Killah
07-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Pat Kirwan, of NFL.com, reports that he thinks the addition of TE Tony Gonzalez (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GonzTo00-1.php) "will provide Michael Turner (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/TurnMi00-1.php) tremendous opportunities to run for touchdowns in the red zone, just like Priest Holmes did in Kansas City. The reason is that Tony opens up his alignment to the receiver position, forcing a man-and-a-half to cover him. Two receivers on the opposite side forces three defensive players to that group. And that leaves the opponents shy a player in the box to stop the run."

Just saying......BE READY! No reason to feel Turner will have a reduction in TDs. He may not hit the Priest Holmes like number of 27, but to match and surpass last year's number of 17 shouldn't be discounted.

b_illin
11-03-2009, 12:47 AM
ATL got hosed on that Mike Peterson pass interference call in the 4th....which would have changed the game.

ATL still kept it close and exciting til the end. Another good MNF game.

Kyle
11-03-2009, 03:48 AM
ATL got hosed on that Mike Peterson pass interference call in the 4th....which would have changed the game.

ATL still kept it close and exciting til the end. Another good MNF game.

Disagree completely. Yes the pass interference was a bad break but I don't think they come back to tie either way. They were simply outplayed and NO definitely deserved the win. No hosing at all.

Atl came back great in the second half but NO played a much better, more complete game.

b_illin
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Disagree completely. Yes the pass interference was a bad break but I don't think they come back to tie either way. They were simply outplayed and NO definitely deserved the win. No hosing at all.

Atl came back great in the second half but NO played a much better, more complete game.

How on earth you can say that with confidence amuses me. It was anybodies game at that point as the Saints had done fuckall in the 2nd half and having to punt on that play would have fired up the Falcons and put the Saints on their heels. NO would not have scored as they did and the game would have changed drastically.

PS: The ref's hosed ATL with that shit call.

Kyle
11-03-2009, 02:30 PM
:lol: I didn't know saying "I think" means I said anything with confidence.

Look. Atl got a fumble recovery with 10 minutes left in the 4th. What did they do? After a brilliant 24 yard run by Turner, they throw an interception. Was that the ref's fault?

Next NO drive, yes the defensive holding was a weak call but not totally baseless. Still, after that call, Atl lets them drive the ball up for four minutes and lets them finish the TD. That was Atl's defense choking. Period.

How does Atl answer? With the opportunity to score a TD/Field goal with plenty of time left to kick an onside kick and tie the game, Atl fails to move the ball more than 13 yards and turns over on 4th down. But you say they would've been fired up and it would've gone different? Quit being a clown, how you can say THAT with any confidence is whats amusing here. Penalty or no penalty, Atl responded to that drive with 13 yards so it wouldn't have made ANY sort of difference.

Then, a gift from the heavens comes to Atl in the form a fumble that you will certainly NEVER see again (A play just as fortunate, if not more, than the defensive holding), and because of that they were able to make this LOOK like a close game, recover the onside kick, and throw up a few prayers in the final seconds.

But in reality it wasn't really close. Atl were well behind since the 2nd and never really got into position to tie or take the lead. They had chances on defense and offense in the 4th quarter and they choked on almost all of them until the very final minutes. They let NO march down for 5+ minutes. They threw an interception. They turned over on downs. They had two fumble recoveries and an onside kick recovery and couldn't muster up more than 6 points in the quarter. They started the quarter on NO's 29 and got to a 1st and 10 at the 12 and had to settle for a field goal. They had more chances than any one of us will ever see in the 4th quarter and got six points. THEY lost the game for themselves.

So please dude, give it a rest about one damn call. They played the worse game and lost. They had their chances and failed to capatalize on them and deserved to lose this game.

Anyone who thinks that call is what lost the game for Atl is out of their mind. They lost because they got outplayed by a better team.

King_Killah
12-17-2009, 12:41 PM
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP)—Former Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/;_ylt=ApfY3tOBF3UaMO3_2og_mjkdsLYF) running back Warrick Dunn (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3893/;_ylt=As7Ga_L1hmGPlWkarxHoUBIdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3893/news;_ylt=AlWvyyhAI2MdXgeSwC426okdsLYF) is buying a piece of the team.
The Falcons announced Thursday that Dunn, who retired after the 2008 season, had an agreement to become a minority owner. The purchase was unanimously approved by NFL owners on Wednesday and is expected to be completed by March 1.

Dunn spent 12 years in the NFL with Atlanta and Tampa Bay. He started his career with the Buccaneers, played with the Falcons for six seasons, then returned to Tampa Bay for his final year. He was only the seventh player to reach 10,000 yards rushing and 4,000 yards receiving.

Interesting. I liked Dunn both in his first stint with the Buccs then the Falcons. I thought he tried to stick it out to long by returning to Tampa, but I guess since he started his career there, why not end it there. Let's see if he can do anything to fill the holes.

dw13
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Good luck this weekend KK

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Well... I wanted Brandon Graham. My second choice is Sean Weatherspoon. Let's see....:scared:

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
F*cking thank you!

dw13
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Awesome pick. One of my favorites in this draft.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Awesome pick. One of my favorites in this draft.

Thank you Dawinna....

(saying this as if I helped Atlanta with it.. Hahahah)

dw13
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Thank you Dawinna....

(saying this as if I helped Atlanta with it.. Hahahah)

Haha. It's a great pick. He is a monster. All over the field.

Spartan
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM
I was hoping he would slide to #34.

two24four
12-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Next to Brady I think Matty Ice is my fav QB in the NFL.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey where does that nickname come from for Ryan anyway? Ice in the veins? What? The only thing I seem to think of is that disgustingly awful beer Natty Ice and if I were Matt I would not wanna be associated with such a pissy beer :chin:

Edit:

Oh, and I agree with you twofour, he sure is a fun QB to watch. I like watching Ryan and Aaron Rodgers play. Great arms.

two24four
12-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey where does that nickname come from for Ryan anyway? Ice in the veins? What? The only thing I seem to think of is that disgustingly awful beer Natty Ice and if I were Matt I would not wanna be associated with such a pissy beer :chin:

Because he's so calm and cool when he plays, he has ice in his viens.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9-WUAtWcR1w/SMRemGHSTDI/AAAAAAAAAKA/bhqvC31-Bfc/s400/matty-ice.jpg

King_Killah
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
We'll show Philly how to get past the Packers!

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Dirty Birds - trade up. Got robbed in getting the #4... But I'll take Julio Jones. Bring that!

Spartan
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
KK has to be happy. Atlanta has done well getting Clabo back and now adding Ray Edwards at a great price.

King_Killah
07-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Love the Edwards signing... Thought he was gonna end up in Philly! Philly went Babin, we go Edwards! WINNER!