PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins

King_Killah
01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
No question about who is running the show. Mueller gone. Next. Ireland in as GM. Next. Cam Cam gone. Cam Cam's coaching staff all gone (but two).

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Cam Cameron was fired as the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/;_ylt=AkDJk5y3Yt_6_kiXRiiHFNMdsLYF)' coach Thursday by new boss Bill Parcells after plunging to an 0-13 start in his first year on the job and finishing with just one victory.
The dismissal comes three days after Parcells ousted general manager Randy Mueller and means the reeling franchise will have its fifth coach in five seasons.
Parcells began work Dec. 27 as executive vice president of football operations and quickly concluded the Dolphins need another fresh start.
It has been 37 years since the Dolphins fired a coach. But they never finished 1-15 before. All but two members of Cameron's coaching staff were also fired, although some might be rehired by the new head coach, the Dolphins said. Retained were assistant special teams coach Steve Hoffman and linebackers coach George Edwards.

Dolphins finish at least 8-8 next season?? Anyone giving odds on that?

King_Killah
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Leigh Stenberg, the agent for Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/) running back Ricky Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4653/), told the Miami Herald the team has resigned his client for the 2008 season.
Steinberg wrote in an e-mail to The Miami Herald that Williams received a letter from the Dolphins dated Dec. 31 and signed by Parcells renewing Williams' contract for 2008.
Steinberg also wrote that Williams is doing well in his rehabilitation from a torn pectoral muscle that ended his 2007 season after six carries against the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/) on Nov. 26. Such a letter would seem to indicate that Parcells wants Williams back next season. That is not surprising from a practical perspective. There is no certainty how soon Ronnie Brown will recover from a torn knee ligament.
Source: Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/365133.html)http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/newwin12_1.gif (http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/365133.html)

All this after there was a lot of talk on ESPN about Tuna not wanting to resign Williams. I think Sean Salisbury was the only guy who said the Phins would bring him back.

King_Killah
01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow.

Bill Parcells has never shied away from boisterous receivers in the past (Keyshawn Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3499/), Terrell Owens (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3664/)), so the possibility of Miami native Chad Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Chad+Johnson&q=Chad+Johnson) joining the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/) doesn't seem so farfetched. But Peter King's mention of this in his Monday Morning Quarterback column on SI.com certainly is wishful thinking.
"Chad Johnson, by the way, sounds like a man who wants out. Wouldn't be surprised nor would several of my NBC peers if Bill Parcells, who is not afraid of bigmouths, deals his first pick in the third round to Cincinnati for Johnson."
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/)http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/newwin12_1.gif (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/)

So...with a new VP of football operations, a new GM, a new head coach (on the way), a new coaching staff, Ricky Williams resigned, and the possibility of Chad Johnson coming in...things are looking up for Miami.

Motorcat
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow.

So...with a new VP of football operations, a new GM, a new head coach (on the way), a new coaching staff, Ricky Williams resigned, and the possibility of Chad Johnson coming in...things are looking up for Miami.

Hard not to look up after 1 win.

:blah:

eff1ngham
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I heard about that this morning. I don't really think 1-15 was all Cam's fault, that team had a serious lack of talent before the season even started. If anything I think the defense let them down, their D was supposed to be awesome this year and keep them in games, and that clearly didn't happen. But if you're going to clean house and start over, may as well get rid of the coach too. Hopefully Cam goes somewhere where he gets another chance.

The fins need to figure out their QB situation though. That's gotta be their next priority. Either stick with Beck and see if he can do it (0-4 as a starter and fumbling his first snap probably doesn't help him), hope a franchise QB comes along in the draft ( Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, Henne? Or wait for Chase Daniel or Matt Stafford, or even Tim Tebow ;) ), or throw big money at a free agent

chgorman
01-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow.

Thank god! Haven't had much to get excited about since Dan the Man retired.

Would love to get Ocho, don't see it happening though, and they need a QB more. Parcells has said they only want solid character guys on the team, to instill a winning attitude and whatnot. That pretty much eliminates Chad from consideration (as well as three quarters of the rest of the league as well)

SI.com Truth & Rumors has a little tidbit about Keyshawn and the Tuna possbily being interested in being reunited (:wtf:), but I don't see that happening either, nor do I think it would help. Apparently he's stayed in shape, and he WAS damn solid most of his years in the league, but he's way past his prime and is gettin' up there in age. For the $$ I expect he'd want, I think Tuna cand Ireland could put that $$ to better use.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, starting with the coaching search and the draft, and, hopefully, ending with a SB title ;):D somewhere down the line, although at this point, I'd just be happy if they won 4 games next year and secured a playoff birth sometime in the next 5 yrs, lol.

Hard not to look up after 1 win.

:blah:

No doubt. When you're stuck in a hole as deep as the one they're in, there's really nowhere else to look but up!

walker42500
01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Wow.

I would say Javon Walker is a possibility for Miami. He wants out of Denver now.

King_Killah
01-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I heard about that this morning. I don't really think 1-15 was all Cam's fault, that team had a serious lack of talent before the season even started. If anything I think the defense let them down, their D was supposed to be awesome this year and keep them in games, and that clearly didn't happen. But if you're going to clean house and start over, may as well get rid of the coach too. Hopefully Cam goes somewhere where he gets another chance.

The fins need to figure out their QB situation though. That's gotta be their next priority. Either stick with Beck and see if he can do it (0-4 as a starter and fumbling his first snap probably doesn't help him), hope a franchise QB comes along in the draft ( Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, Henne? Or wait for Chase Daniel or Matt Stafford, or even Tim Tebow ;) ), or throw big money at a free agent

When you look at the amount of games they lost by 3 points, the Dolphins weren't nearly as bad as their 1-15 record states. I think they defense was OK. I don't think it was their biggest issue. Cam Cam liked Beck, so with Cameron gone, I think Beck's shot at being the #1 in Miami has diminished big time. I think, now, Miami goes for a QB in the draft. Possibly Woodson. I don't think they can hold out for Daniel or Tebow.

I like them resigning Ricky Williams. They need WR help. Bringing in Chad Johnson would be huge. I would certainly rather have Ocho Cinco over KeyShawn Johnson. Key was an OK receiver. He made receptions. His yards after catch was horrible.

chgorman
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
With the QB uncertainty in MIA, I don't see Chad wanting to play there. He gets pissy now playing for the Bengals, and that's with one of the best (Palmer) tossing him the rock. I think he'd be miserable with Lemon, Beck, or some rook right out of college trying to get him the ball.... then again, after Ricky and Ronny, he'd be the only weapon they've got (compared with Rudi, Housh and Henry in CIN), so he'd probably get the ball a lot, which he'd be happy about.

Tough to say. I'd much rather see Walker or Ocho come to MIA over Keyshawn (assuming Walker is past his injury issues and they'r enot going to be a chronic problem for him, and/or assuming Chad can be a model teammate), that's for sure.

two24four
01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
I think the Tuna might try and trade Taylor in the off season as well.

King_Killah
01-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I think the Tuna might try and trade Taylor in the off season as well.

I think this is almost a given. That was one of the first things talked about when Tuna went to Miami. Taylor is not a Tuna style guy.

eff1ngham
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Is there any team that would trade up to #1 this year? If Miami could trade down they could still get a QB and possibly a good WR (or O-Line/D-Line help). Of course we usually have to wait until after the combine for that kind of talk since there's always busts and studs that come out of nowhere

Doctego
01-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Dolphins finish at least 8-8 next season?? Anyone giving odds on that?

I still don't see them at .500 unless he also goes behind the bench, which ain't happening.

Steinberg also wrote that Williams is doing well in his rehabilitation

This made me LMAO.:D:D

Is there any team that would trade up to #1 this year? If Miami could trade down they could still get a QB and possibly a good WR (or O-Line/D-Line help). Of course we usually have to wait until after the combine for that kind of talk since there's always busts and studs that come out of nowhere

There is no doubt in my mind that he will try like hell to deal the #1 pick. Unfortunately for him, it has been more difficult in recent times. I would hate to be a GM under Parcells.:scared:

King_Killah
01-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Doc.... you gonna give me odds on the Phins finishing .500 (or better)??? Hahah.

eff1ngham
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Well they cut Green and Booker. Not really shocking

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7786928?MSNHPHMA

chgorman
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
More news of them looking at Keyshawn? Man, I really hope those are just rumors.

two24four
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
More news of them looking at Keyshawn? Man, I really hope those are just rumors.

I could really see him joining them, him and Parcells are real close.

chgorman
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I could really see him joining them, him and Parcells are real close.

I know, I could too, that's the scary part. I mean, who am I to second guess Parcells, but still Keyshawn? There aren't ANY better options out there than a retired, over-the-hill possession reciever with a big ego and potential lockerroom distraction? Is he going to be THAT much better than Booker?

Like I said, who the eff am I to question the tuna... I just hope he's got a little more up his sleeve than just Keyshawn, and hopefully Key still has some game left and can keep his mouth shut if this actually happens.

King_Killah
02-13-2008, 06:38 PM

They can look all they want. KeyShawn has stated that he doesn't want to play and that he is comfortable in the ESPN studio...

chgorman
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
They can look all they want. KeyShawn has stated that he doesn't want to play and that he is comfortable in the ESPN studio...

Thank god! Thx for the update King. I was wondering if this was going to go anywhere.

two24four
02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
The Dolphins are going to release Zach Thomas, from what I read.

chgorman
02-14-2008, 02:02 PM

Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, he's the heart and soul of the team, one of my fave players of all time, gave nothing but 110% all game every game, overcame semi-significant size limitations to become one of the top MLB's in the league over the past 10-15 yrs, but ont the other hand, his best days are definitely behind him, and I don't think he'll ever be the same after his concussion/neck/whatever it was injury issues this past seaosn.

Too bad, cause IMO, he reperesents everything an NFL player SHOULD be. He'll be missed by many, if not all 'fins fans for a long, long time.

King_Killah
02-14-2008, 10:48 PM

Surprised that this hasn't happened already. Word was when Parcells first moved in that he was one of the first names on the list to be ditched. Which is a shame actually. I like Zach in Miami.

two24four
02-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Patriots have offered Zach Thomas a contract.

b_illin
02-20-2008, 02:19 PM

as a linebacker or cameraman? :lol::lol::lol:

two24four
02-20-2008, 02:21 PM
as a linebacker or cameraman? :lol::lol::lol:

Both, wise ass ;):D

Even Marshall Faulk who was on that Rams team, who was one of there star players said he wants nothing to with it, and that he does not care, yet some no name guy who played for them is starting all this shit again, give it up.

b_illin
02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Both, wise ass ;):D

Even Marshall Faulk who was on that Rams team, who was one of there star players said he wants nothing to with it, and that he does not care, yet some no name guy who played for them is starting all this shit again, give it up.

:D:D:D:D

King_Killah
02-24-2008, 01:09 AM

Dallas signed him.

chgorman
03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
So I see the 'Phins signed Ernie Wilford... what's the word on this guy? Looking at past #'s, he's never really done much with JAX, but that could be because they're a very run oriented team. Does he become the #1 WR on MIA? I can't see GinnJr being the #1 option just yet, so barring any other major signings by the Phins at WR, I'm guessing Wilford becomes the #1?

Admittedly, I don;t know much about him, but I don't see him putting up great numbers with Beck or McCown throwing to him. And on that note, somebody PLZ tell me that Beck or McCown are NOT going to be our #1 QB this year... any rumblings of the Dolphins trading for or signing somebody...ummm.... better? I'd be really surprised if The Tuna went into the season with either of those two as the starter.

two24four
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
So I see the 'Phins signed Ernie Wilford... what's the word on this guy? Looking at past #'s, he's never really done much with JAX, but that could be because they're a very run oriented team. Does he become the #1 WR on MIA? I can't see GinnJr being the #1 option just yet, so barring any other major signings by the Phins at WR, I'm guessing Wilford becomes the #1?

Admittedly, I don;t know much about him, but I don't see him putting up great numbers with Beck or McCown throwing to him. And on that note, somebody PLZ tell me that Beck or McCown are NOT going to be our #1 QB this year... any rumblings of the Dolphins trading for or signing somebody...ummm.... better? I'd be really surprised if The Tuna went into the season with either of those two as the starter.

I have heard that they might possibly take Ryan with there 1st pick at the draft.

King_Killah
03-08-2008, 12:37 AM

Ernest Wilford - Serviceable receiver. The stats that he does have are misleading though. He had three TDs all season long, 2 of which came in week 17. Ernest Wilford does come in and take over the #1 receiver spot. With likely McCown throwing to him. Even if Miami drafts a QB, that QB won't start next season so it'll be McCown and Beck. McCown should keep the starting spot warm for Beck just like he did for JaMarcus Russell in Oakland. It looks as if Parcells likes Beck. Don't be surprised though if Chad Johnson finds his way to Miami on or around draft day. There are plenty of reports going around on satellite radio that Johnson is already claiming he is the #1 man in Miami next season.

two24four
03-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Ernest Wilford - Serviceable receiver. The stats that he does have are misleading though. He had three TDs all season long, 2 of which came in week 17. Ernest Wilford does come in and take over the #1 receiver spot. With likely McCown throwing to him. Even if Miami drafts a QB, that QB won't start next season so it'll be McCown and Beck. McCown should keep the starting spot warm for Beck just like he did for JaMarcus Russell in Oakland. It looks as if Parcells likes Beck. Don't be surprised though if Chad Johnson finds his way to Miami on or around draft day. There are plenty of reports going around on satellite radio that Johnson is already claiming he is the #1 man in Miami next season.

I heard this awhile ago as well, I think it was Jason Taylor for Chad Johnson.

King_Killah
03-08-2008, 01:36 AM
I heard this awhile ago as well, I think it was Jason Taylor for Chad Johnson.

You think Taylor is OK with that? Some articles that I have read state that Taylor told Parcells the only way he is leaving Miami is "if I retire or you cut me" and Parcells has said that he isn't cutting him.

chgorman
03-10-2008, 09:34 AM
The Chad rumors are swirling again, eh? Can't say I'd be disappointed to see him in the Orange and Teal. His prescence alone might make the team worth watching, if they can get a QB who can get him the ball consistently. Right now Ronnie Brown is the only offensive weapon they have, and he's injured half the time.

Re: the draft - I heard they were gonna go after Howie Long's kid. You guys think they might go after a QB instead? What are the chances they trade the pick?

two24four
03-10-2008, 11:41 AM
The Chad rumors are swirling again, eh? Can't say I'd be disappointed to see him in the Orange and Teal. His prescence alone might make the team worth watching, if they can get a QB who can get him the ball consistently. Right now Ronnie Brown is the only offensive weapon they have, and he's injured half the time.

Re: the draft - I heard they were gonna go after Howie Long's kid. You guys think they might go after a QB instead? What are the chances they trade the pick?

I think right now it's about 50/50 they trade the pick, if not I think they will take one of QB Ryan, or someone from defence, like Dorsey, even though it looks liek he's droping in the draft.

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't think they will trade the pick, I am not so sure that a QB is on the forefront of Parcell's mind right now. He likes Beck and he brought in (for what he's worth) McCown.

King_Killah
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown (http://www.footballguys.com/BrowRo05-1.php) said his recovery from ACL surgery is going well and he hopes to be ready for training camp this month. "It's all going pretty well for me," he said. "In fact, it couldn't really be much better." Brown sought out others who underwent the same procedure, such as Cardinals RB Edgerrin James (http://www.footballguys.com/JameEd00-1.php), and has used their advice to best recover himself. "Don't expect your knee to be the way it was right away," Brown explained. "It takes some time. The good news for me is that the rehab has gone really well. My flexibility is back and I should be ready for training camp."

Good news for Brown. Word is that Ricky Williams is actually doing well and in good condition. Good for the Phins, this will allow Brown to continually recover and not have to worry about relying on him too much.

dw13
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Brown is the only player on that team. They need him to be recovering like he is.

King_Killah
07-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Brown is the only player on that team. They need him to be recovering like he is.

:lol::lol::lol:

King_Killah
07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Let the QB battle commence...

Though quarterback Josh McCown (http://www.footballguys.com/McCoJo01-1.php) is considered by many to be the front-runner because of experience, the Miami Dolphins have told NFL people the battle remains competitive with John Beck (http://www.footballguys.com/BeckJo00-1.php), and preseason performance will determine the winner. Several players thought McCown was better in May/June drills, but another starter favored Beck. Chad Henne (http://www.footballguys.com/HennCh01-1.php) remains an underdog, though nobody would be shocked if he was starting at some point this season. McCown, who is OK after his wood-chopping accident, has impressed with athleticism and mobility, but his accuracy must improve.

I am sure most have the pecking order has McCown, Beck, Henne... But I would not be shocked in the least bit if Henne slipped up on the list... You never know with Parcells.

two24four
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Let the QB battle commence...

I am sure most have the pecking order has McCown, Beck, Henne... But I would not be shocked in the least bit if Henne slipped up on the list... You never know with Parcells.

Agreed, like I have said before, I wont be shocked if Henne if starting by week 5.

King_Killah
08-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Miami Dolphins HC Tony Sparano said that although rookie QB Chad Henne (http://www.footballguys.com/HennCh01-1.php) still makes some college mistakes, he's been impressed with his poise. "He doesn't say a whole lot that way but I like his presence in the huddle," Sparano said. "He seems kind of relaxed out there. It'll be interesting to see him when the game is on. I know this guy has played in bigger crowds than we'll play in front of. He's played in front of 100,000 people out there in critical situations so I'm kind of interested to see how he handles a game when it's really moving as fast as we try to prepare him for."

Positive words on Henne. However, all the guys that played for Michigan are used to playing in front of 100,000 plus people...so I don't see that as an issue. Keep an eye on Henne.

chgorman
08-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Good to hear. Us 'Phins fans need all the good news we can get.

I've heard Derek Hagan has been their best WR in camp :rolleyes: Better than Ginn, and apparently Wilford has looked like absolute crap, can't get any separatin whatsoever. Looks like it's gonna be another long year for us. At least Ronnie's injury is progressing nicely and Henne is looking alright.

Anybody have any news on Ricky? Any reports on how he's looked so far in camp?

Dubz
08-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Last I heard Ricky looked real good...Im sure he will get a few touches

King_Killah
08-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Good to hear. Us 'Phins fans need all the good news we can get.

I've heard Derek Hagan has been their best WR in camp :rolleyes: Better than Ginn, and apparently Wilford has looked like absolute crap, can't get any separatin whatsoever. Looks like it's gonna be another long year for us. At least Ronnie's injury is progressing nicely and Henne is looking alright.

Anybody have any news on Ricky? Any reports on how he's looked so far in camp?

From a few posts back:

Good news for Brown. Word is that Ricky Williams is actually doing well and in good condition. Good for the Phins, this will allow Brown to continually recover and not have to worry about relying on him too much.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Ummm...... kicker news.

The Dolphins continued its youth movement by releasing veteran PK Jay Feely today, paving the way for 22-year old undrafted rookie PK Dan Carpenter. Carpenter has taken advantage of Feely's injured groin injury, most recently by converting field goals of 41 and 49 yards on Saturday against Tampa Bay. Feely, 32, set the franchise record for accuracy last season converting 21-of-23 field goal attempts (%91.5). He said five or six teams have already expressed interest in his services.

Hey....kickers have fantasy value, too... :scared:

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) completed five of six passes for 55 yards, and threw no interceptions with a passer rating of 104.9 as the Dolphins beat the Jaguars at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium 19-14 in their exhibition game. The Jaguars' defensive starters, who stayed in for the entire first half, could neither pressure the quarterback nor hassle his receivers.

8-8 Dolphins, here we come!

Chad Pennington... the turn around begins!

dw13
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
8-8 Dolphins, here we come!

Chad Pennington... the turn around begins!

You sound like a South Florida Sports writer! Make fun of Pennys "Noodle Arm" when hes a Jet, then you sign him and you say nothing but good things!

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
You sound like a South Florida Sports writer! Make fun of Pennys "Noodle Arm" when hes a Jet, then you sign him and you say nothing but good things!

Hahahaha...... Get the hell out of here. I am not on the Pennington bandwagon... I actually just said that to egg you on a little! :lol::lol::lol:

I did say however, going back to the moment that the Dolphins brought in Bill Parcells that they would be 8-8 and I am sticking with that.

dw13
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Hahahaha...... Get the hell out of here. I am not on the Pennington bandwagon... I actually just said that to egg you on a little! :lol::lol::lol:

I did say however, going back to the moment that the Dolphins brought in Bill Parcells that they would be 8-8 and I am sticking with that.

Haha, that team is so bad its sick. If they win 8 games in the next TWO YEARS combined, I'll still give you credit :lol:

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen was asked about Ricky Williams (http://www.footballguys.com/WillRi00-1.php) and while talking about how he would "swim," he went on to say that the Dolphins are so pleased with Williams he "would not be surprised if Ronnie Brown (http://www.footballguys.com/BrowRo05-1.php) sinks," to the point where "he is playing with another team this season."
Mortensen's reason for Brown being out of here is that the player is "struggling" this preseason.

Interesting!!

dw13
08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Interesting!!

They would do something like that. :freak:

chgorman
08-19-2008, 12:59 PM
They'd better not! Ronnie has a lot of solid yrs of football left. No way they should be considering moving him unless they're getting a sick package in return (which it sounds like they wouldn't, based on some of the speculation I've been reading). An R&R double-headed RB monster is gonna be the key to the Phins putting points on the board this year. If the running game isn't working, teams are just gonna tear their passing game apart, regardless of how 'accurate' Chad is.

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Ricky just got named the starter.

chgorman
08-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Interesting!!

Just a rumor (thank god!), a stupid one at that. That's like something Eklund would toss out. I'm disappointed in Mort.

Ronnie Brown-RB- Dolphins Aug. 19 - 1:31 pm et

Coach Tony Sparano said Tuesday there's "no chance" the Dolphins will trade Ronnie Brown.
"There was no discussion of that internally or externally," said Sparano, who said the rumor wasn't a tough one to dispel. "That is easy," he said. "I wish they were all like that." The rumor didn't really make sense when Miami's whole offense is based around the running game. Ronnie remains a risky mid-round pick, but this should calm things down.
Source: Palm Beach Post

Ricky just got named the starter.

For the next preseason game, or the season?

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 06:03 PM
for the next preseason game, sry. i thought it said regular season.

chgorman
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM
for the next preseason game, sry. i thought it said regular season.

No worries, either way he'll probably end up both. I just wans't sure if it had been confirmed for the reg season, thought you maybe saw something saying so.

rico3994
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I couldn't be happier that I decided to grab Ricky in KKs league. I didn't think it would turn out to be anything other than a wasted pick, but since my two other starting RBs (T Jones and Parker) got a total of 4 TDs, I had to protect Brown.

Motorcat
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I was listening to podcast last night about fantasy football and they kept going on about how huge Ted Ginn was going to be this year.

Did some reading today at various sites and that sentiment was echoed.

I have Williams and Ginn on a few teams and to be honest I'm encouraged that these 2 could be huge this year.

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Ginn's value went up when Chad came to town. I think Ginn will do pretty well this year, especially in leagues where Return Yards/TD's count.

King_Killah
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Ronnie/Ricky...

Dolphins HC Tony Sparano vehemently denied rumors that the team is trying to trade RB Ronnie Brown (http://www.footballguys.com/BrowRo05-1.php). "No chance that we're trading Ronnie," Sparano said early this afternoon. "I understand another rumor is flying out there. Last week, it was (quarterback John) Beck. This week it's Ronnie. There was no discussion of that internally or externally. None." On ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, Chris Mortensen speculated that Brown could be playing for another team this season based in large part to RB Ricky William's success this preseason.

Words are being twisted... It was mentioned about how thrilled Miami is with the play of Ricky Williams, and that because they are so thrilled the team could go on without Ronnie Brown. No comment was ever made from Mortensen (at least that I have seen) that the Phins were looking to trade Brown or that Brown will be playing elsewhere.

But then again, Jason Taylor wasn't going anywhere either...

Spartan
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't know that anyone is ballsy enough to put all their chips on Ricky. He is one strike away from a lifetime ban not to mention crazier than Tom Cruise on LSD.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Precisely why the Steelers let him walk... Get well soon Joey. We still love you in the Burgh.. just not enough to pay you $20 mil. guaranteed at the end of your career!

Dolphins Notebook: Nagging injuries frustrate Joey Porter
Click-2-Listen
By EDGAR THOMPSON

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

DAVIE Beginning in March, Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter began working to put last season behind him.

But Porter will need to be on the field if he hopes to rebound from the most disappointing season of his career.

Three weeks into training camp, it hasn't been easy. Porter has piled up nagging injuries like he used to accumulate big plays.

The latest setback is a sprained knee, which added to his stiff back, sidelined him during Tuesday's two-a-days.

"It's frustrating when you put in the amount of work you put in and you're not as healthy as you want to be," Porter said. "For me it's been one little thing to the next little thing. It's just frustrating."

Porter also sat out the first three days of training camp with a sprained ankle and missed the Aug. 9 exhibition opener because of his back injury.

Porter, 31, played last weekend at Jacksonville, but said he's not sure how or when he injured his knee. But his recent history of knee problems, including three arthroscopic procedures since the summer of 2006, is not a good sign for a 10th-year pro coming off a poor season.

Porter, a three-time Pro Bowler in Pittsburgh, signed a five-year deal in March 2007 with $20 million guaranteed. He finished last season with only 51/2 sacks, including 11/2 during the season's first 11 games.

Last weekend in nearly a half of action, Porter had just one tackle against the Jaguars.

Coach Tony Sparano said he expects Porter to bounce back.

"It frustrates me for Joey," Sparano said. "I know how important it is (to him). We don't have a game (today) so we just need to make sure that this thing is right and that we can get it right."

King_Killah
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown (http://www.footballguys.com/BrowRo05-1.php), injured in Saturday's win over Jacksonville, returned to practice Thursday afternoon. Brown participated in pass-catching drills while using a soft cast to protect his sprained right thumb. Brown is still expected to miss the final two preseason games for the team, but is hopeful to return for the regular season opener.

Good to hear that the thumb doesn't seem like it is going to be a major concern. Still looking at Ricky Williams to be the man, at least in the beginning. Remember that Brown is coming off of major knee surgery so having a guy like Williams who is actually playing and impressing is a good thing.

King_Killah
08-26-2008, 11:05 AM
The Miami Dolphins officially named QB Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) their starting QB on Monday. "I'm excited about the opportunity to lead this team. We've worked extremely hard over the last two weeks and I'm proud to be a Miami Dolphin," said Pennington.

Chad has only one person to thank at that is Bill Parcells. I am still sticking with the Dolphins going 8-8.

two24four
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Chad has only one person to thank at that is Bill Parcells. I am still sticking with the Dolphins going 8-8.

I think they will take that this season and be happy with it.

King_Killah
08-26-2008, 12:27 PM

After last season, 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, etc... They will be happy with!

dw13
08-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Fins won't win more than 6 games at best

chgorman
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM

As a MIA fan (I know, rip away, I'm used to it), I'll be happy if they win two games after last year's debacle :lol:

Peddler
08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
I got 'em @ 3-13. Maybe 4 wins imo. Even though they improved the Jets did too and Buffalo is gonna be solid...then there's NE....tough deal.

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Miami Dolphins HC Tony Sparano said today that he expects RB Ronnie Brown (http://www.footballguys.com/BrowRo05-1.php) to play in the team's final preseason game this week. "We're just going to take him out there, go through pre-game warm-ups, do those kinds of things, and then I'd like to try to play him," Sparano said. "And we'll see whether or not we can get some carries."

Good news for Brown, let's see how he performs if they can get him in the game.

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I got 'em @ 3-13. Maybe 4 wins imo. Even though they improved the Jets did too and Buffalo is gonna be solid...then there's NE....tough deal.

They have a pretty easy schedule outside of the division... Looking at their schedule here is what I see and what is winable.

Week 1 - vs. Jets -- WIN
Week 2 - @ Arizona -- win/lose
Week 3 - at New England -- lose
Week 4 - bye week
Week 5 - vs. San Diego -- likely lose
Week 6 - @ Houston -- win/lose
Week 7 - vs. Baltimore -- win
Week 8 - vs. Buffalo -- win
Week 9 - @ Denver -- lose
Week 10 - vs. Seattle -- win/lose
Week 11 - vs. Oakland -- WIN
Week 12 - vs. New England -- lose
Week 13 - @ St. Louis -- win/lose
Week 14 - @ Buffalo -- lose
Week 15 - vs. San Francisco -- win
Week 16 - @ Kansas City -- win/lose
Week 17 @ NY Jets -- lose

So... I have them at 5 straight up wins. There are also 5 games that can go either way. Now there is no way that I see them winning all 5 of those games, but three of the five are attainable. I think week 2's Arizona game all depends on who shows up on the field for both squads. Same goes for week 10's Seattle game. If this game was played out in Seattle I would chalk it up as a loss right away. Week 16's Kansas City game is the other that can land on Miami's side. Kansas City is just not good. The only issue is playing at Arrowhead. Not an easy task for any team. Straight up losses come at the hands of the Patriots twice, Jets once, Bills once, San Diego, and Denver.

Don't be surprised when the season ends that the AFC East looks like: New England, Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets. That is all I am saying.

two24four
08-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't be surprised when the season ends that the AFC East looks like: New England, Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets. That is all I am saying.

haha, I know someone who's going to be pissy when he sees this :lol:

dw13
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
They have a pretty easy schedule outside of the division... Looking at their schedule here is what I see and what is winable.

Week 1 - vs. Jets -- WIN
Week 2 - @ Arizona -- win/lose
Week 3 - at New England -- lose
Week 4 - bye week
Week 5 - vs. San Diego -- likely lose
Week 6 - @ Houston -- win/lose
Week 7 - vs. Baltimore -- win
Week 8 - vs. Buffalo -- win
Week 9 - @ Denver -- lose
Week 10 - vs. Seattle -- win/lose
Week 11 - vs. Oakland -- WIN
Week 12 - vs. New England -- lose
Week 13 - @ St. Louis -- win/lose
Week 14 - @ Buffalo -- lose
Week 15 - vs. San Francisco -- win
Week 16 - @ Kansas City -- win/lose
Week 17 @ NY Jets -- lose

So... I have them at 5 straight up wins. There are also 5 games that can go either way. Now there is no way that I see them winning all 5 of those games, but three of the five are attainable. I think week 2's Arizona game all depends on who shows up on the field for both squads. Same goes for week 10's Seattle game. If this game was played out in Seattle I would chalk it up as a loss right away. Week 16's Kansas City game is the other that can land on Miami's side. Kansas City is just not good. The only issue is playing at Arrowhead. Not an easy task for any team. Straight up losses come at the hands of the Patriots twice, Jets once, Bills once, San Diego, and Denver.

You crack me up, can't wait to talk to you in 2 weeks:lol:

King_Killah
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
You crack me up, can't wait to talk to you in 2 weeks:lol:

Me too! ;)

Dubz
09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Sat, Sep 6 Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams represented himself in negotiations with the Dolphins surrounding his contract extension. Williams' previous agent, Leigh Steinberg, is not currently certified by the NFLPA because he let his certification lapse in 2007 for business reasons - Steinberg is in the progress of becoming certified with the NFLPA again. A source noted Williams will receive a roster bonus for every game he is on the team's 53-man roster this year. If he is injured and placed on Injured Reserve or if he is released, Williams will not receive money for those games. In 2009, Williams will have a $3.4 million base salary and a $100,000 workout bonus for the offseason. He did not receive any guaranteed money as part of his new deal.

I am no expert on contracts in the NFL....Am I right in thinking Ricky has really stuck his neck out here?

FlyGuy78
09-06-2008, 04:32 PM
yes he is and it's exactly what he has to do in order to get guaranteed money in the future. With his reputation, no team is going to risk a lot on him unless he shows he's in this for real. I think it's a smart move by him if he believes he can stay healthy and off of drugs.

King_Killah
09-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Sat, Sep 6 Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams represented himself in negotiations with the Dolphins surrounding his contract extension. Williams' previous agent, Leigh Steinberg, is not currently certified by the NFLPA because he let his certification lapse in 2007 for business reasons - Steinberg is in the progress of becoming certified with the NFLPA again. A source noted Williams will receive a roster bonus for every game he is on the team's 53-man roster this year. If he is injured and placed on Injured Reserve or if he is released, Williams will not receive money for those games. In 2009, Williams will have a $3.4 million base salary and a $100,000 workout bonus for the offseason. He did not receive any guaranteed money as part of his new deal.

I am no expert on contracts in the NFL....Am I right in thinking Ricky has really stuck his neck out here?

Pretty much what Fly has said... Its Ricky's way of healing wounds with the Dolphins and the NFL. Good move on his part... Shows that he seems to be dedicated and wants to right the wrongs of the past. We'll see... Only time will tell.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-06-2008, 10:21 PM
yes he is and it's exactly what he has to do in order to get guaranteed money in the future. With his reputation, no team is going to risk a lot on him unless he shows he's in this for real. I think it's a smart move by him if he believes he can stay healthy and off of drugs.

weed is not a drug man!!! :D

good on Ricky though... I really hope he hangs in there. I read somewhere that Williams wants to be a Doctor after his football career is over.

are we sure he isn't still smoking? ;)

FlyGuy78
09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
weed is not a drug sponge, you are right, but the until the gov't says its not, that's what matters. you're talking to a 12 year every day smoker here. you don't have to convince me!! :D

nyrblue2
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
So...uh....who else besides me had Ronnie Brown on their bench?

gagne21
09-21-2008, 03:55 PM

me too, fuck it hurts soo bad!

FlyGuy78
09-21-2008, 04:12 PM
i'm soooooooooo glad I played BUF defense over NE this week in my $$$ league.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-22-2008, 04:58 PM

according to yahoo...... 75% of owners!!!

Dang.

I love that Joey Porter stepped up yesterday, 5/6 tackles and 3 sacks.. what was it that Douche Rodney Harrison said when Porter was yappin his big ole mouth... Just PROVE IT?

:lol:

two24four
09-30-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
RB Ricky Williams acknowledged he was briefly tempted to smoke marijuana with the extra free time he had because of the Dolphins' bye week.

"There was definitely an urge," Williams said. "But I just thought about what I have to lose and it was easy. The urge didn't last very long." Williams has grown quite familiar with the NFL's substance abuse program after multiple positive marijuana tests, so fantasy owners will be glad he's staying strong and avoiding suspension.
Source: Miami Herals (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/706918.html)

chgorman
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Is it just me, or are the Dolphins just about the most fun team in the league to watch right now? I love this 'Wildcat' offence they're running! And the D is clicking too!

Dubz
10-05-2008, 05:00 PM
What was their record last year again???

King_Killah
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Who cares about last year. They will be 8-8 this year. Nobody believed when I said it before, especially when they came out 0-2. But then came back and stomped the Patriots and handled the Chargers... Tellin' you...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Who cares about last year. They will be 8-8 this year. Nobody believed when I said it before, especially when they came out 0-2. But then came back and stomped the Patriots and handled the Chargers... Tellin' you...

9-7

:D

King_Killah
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
9-7

:D

I can get with that.

chgorman
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM

What does last year have to do with them being pretty fun to watch this year? I'm not saying they're going to the Super Bowl, or even the playoffs for that matter, but they've beat two of the top teams in the AFC (if not the league) in their last two games (granted NE was without Brady, but still...), in convincing fashion, with an exciting D making lots of key plays, and an offence that - although not a powerhouse offence by any means - is really fun to watch, especially when they go into 'Wildcat' formation, despite not having many big names aside from Ronnie, Ricky and Chad.

I haven't enjoyed watching a 'fins game as much as I did yesterday since Dan the Man was under center tossing lasers all over the field... that's all I'm saying. Not saying they'll make the playoffs or any of that crap. I'm not even going to go as far as to say they'll go 7-9, let alone 8-8, or -heaven forbid - 9-7 and possibly a playoff birth. I'll be happy if they win two more games this season! All I'm saying is that they were damn fun to watch yesterday, which you'd understand if you watched the game. I haven't been able to say this sorta thing about my 'Fins in yrs, so I gotta take the opportunity when it presents itself!

We're you forced to watch that pitiful Lions game yesterday dubzz? If so, I can understand your bitterness (jealousy? ;):D). I tried to watch some of it, but I just couldn't. The commercials during the 'Fins game were more exciting then the Lions game, lol.

Anybody else actually watch the MIA/SD game yesterday? What were your thoughts? Anybody enjoy it as much as I did?

King_Killah
10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
What does last year have to do with them being pretty fun to watch this year? I'm not saying they're going to the Super Bowl, or even the playoffs for that matter, but they've beat two of the top teams in the AFC (if not the league) in their last two games (granted NE was without Brady, but still...), in convincing fashion, with an exciting D making lots of key plays, and an offence that - although not a powerhouse offence by any means - is really fun to watch, especially when they go into 'Wildcat' formation, despite not having many big names aside from Ronnie, Ricky and Chad.

I haven't enjoyed watching a 'fins game as much as I did yesterday since Dan the Man was under center tossing lasers all over the field... that's all I'm saying. Not saying they'll make the playoffs or any of that crap. I'm not even going to go as far as to say they'll go 7-9, let alone 8-8, or -heaven forbid - 9-7 and possibly a playoff birth. I'll be happy if they win two more games this season! All I'm saying is that they were damn fun to watch yesterday, which you'd understand if you watched the game. I haven't been able to say this sorta thing about my 'Fins in yrs, so I gotta take the opportunity when it presents itself!

We're you forced to watch that pitiful Lions game yesterday dubzz? If so, I can understand your bitterness (jealousy? ;):D). I tried to watch some of it, but I just couldn't. The commercials during the 'Fins game were more exciting then the Lions game, lol.

Anybody else actually watch the MIA/SD game yesterday? What were your thoughts? Anybody enjoy it as much as I did?

Yeah - I caught most of it. It is fun watching them play.

Dubz
10-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I dont get to watch much....I work Sundays . The reason I pointed out last years record was to actually show how far how fast this team has come. I know they have made some decent moves down there this year and was actually applauding them before KK stepped in and assumed I was playing a bashing role. We were talking about this at work today. ;)Seriously I could have posted how many games they won last year but that would have defeated the purpose of my post.

They won X games last year....just to stay consistent.

chgorman
10-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I dont get to watch much....I work Sundays . The reason I pointed out last years record was to actually show how far how fast this team has come. I know they have made some decent moves down there this year and was actually applauding them before KK stepped in and assumed I was playing a bashing role. We were talking about this at work today. ;)Seriously I could have posted how many games they won last year but that would have defeated the purpose of my post.

Sorry dubzz, my bad, misinterpreted your post, obviously.

Dubz
10-07-2008, 06:51 PM
My bad...I shouldnt have bunched my panties guys.:$

I usually listen to the games on the radio (Lions) but cant bring myself to do it anymore. Trust me though I get plenty of updates from co-workers throughout the game.:stickpoke:

I picked up Joey Porter for the next match-up against Houston:evilgrin:

King_Killah
10-07-2008, 10:28 PM

The perception of your post gives off that feeling like you were bashing them. The post right above yours was commending them on being a fun team to watch. The follow up post, which was yours, comes off as a sarcastic hit against the Phins.

chgorman
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
The perception of your post gives off that feeling like you were bashing them. The post right above yours was commending them on being a fun team to watch. The follow up post, which was yours, comes off as a sarcastic hit against the Phins.

For the record, this is how I interpretted it as well, initially. Thx for clearing it up though dubzz. No harm done.

Dubz
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Fri, Oct 17 OLB Joey Porter was fined $20,000 by the league for critical comments of referee Ed Hochuli. Porter's comments came after the team's loss last Sunday to Houston, when Porter stripped Texans QB Matt Schaub of the ball, but Hochuli ruled the play an incomplete pass. "I know for sure that I had both his arms when the ball came out," Porter said after the game. "I'm looking for an apology or something on Tuesday or Wednesday on NFL Network, but it will be too late by then. The game's over. ... "I thought we won the game, actually, but they kept getting calls."
(Yahoo! Sports)

Hochuli strikes again.

dw13
10-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Fri, Oct 17 OLB Joey Porter was fined $20,000 by the league for critical comments of referee Ed Hochuli. Porter's comments came after the team's loss last Sunday to Houston, when Porter stripped Texans QB Matt Schaub of the ball, but Hochuli ruled the play an incomplete pass. "I know for sure that I had both his arms when the ball came out," Porter said after the game. "I'm looking for an apology or something on Tuesday or Wednesday on NFL Network, but it will be too late by then. The game's over. ... "I thought we won the game, actually, but they kept getting calls."
(Yahoo! Sports)

Hochuli strikes again.

Or Porter strikes again? Dudes an idiot.

Dubz
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Or Porter strikes again? Dudes an idiot.

The funniest part was {quote}
"I'm looking for an apology or something on Tuesday or Wednesday"
Had to wait a day or so but he got it.

two24four
10-18-2008, 12:16 AM
What's up with Ed Hochuli this season, he was one of the best refs if not the best, even just last season, now he's falling fast from being #1, he's made about 3 or 4 bad calls this season

Must be all that working out he does, needs to take a break from the gym during the season and just focus on calling football games.

chgorman
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Don't look now, but 'Phins tied for 1st in the AFC East! If they win out, they win the division. This team has come a long way in 12 mths! From 1-15 to possibly playoffs!

Hobbes
12-07-2008, 07:24 PM
As much as I can't stand them being a Bills fan, they've looked really good all year and I am amazed by the turnaround. It'd be incredible if they could win the division, and based on their schedule they have a great shot at it.

chgorman
12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
SF, KC, and then NYJ, possibly for the div title. Exciting time for 'Phins fans!!

fatlady
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't look now, but 'Phins tied for 1st in the AFC East! If they win out, they win the division. This team has come a long way in 12 mths! From 1-15 to possibly playoffs!
How are division losses worked? the Fins are 3-2 for division wins. The Jets are only 3-1 and the Pats are 3-2. So Technically the Jets are in 1st.

King_Killah
12-07-2008, 11:50 PM

As you may recall, I got all kinds of grief for saying they would go 8-8, minimum, guaranteed.

Good for the Phins.

two24four
12-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah right now the Jets would be 1st in the AFC going 3-1 so far in the division.

It's not over yet though, still three weeks left with three teams all fighting for one spot, one loss could hurt bad for any three of these teams, no team in the NFL (well maybe DET, lol) is a for sure win, good luck to all.

chgorman
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
How are division losses worked? the Fins are 3-2 for division wins. The Jets are only 3-1 and the Pats are 3-2. So Technically the Jets are in 1st.

Yes, you are correct, the Jets hold the tie-breaker right now, so technically, they're in 1st. Still pretty impressive what MIA has done though. Shaping up to be the biggest single-season turnaround in NFL history!

Parcells is god.

two24four
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Nice sign today by Miami getting LB Cameron Wake from the B.C. Lions of the CFL. He had 39 sacks over the last two seasons in the CFL, sounds like a 4 year deal.

Farmerbob42
01-20-2009, 10:18 AM
yeh, bah. that'll put a hole in the lions d. Highest paid player coming out of the cfl to nfl too.

two24four
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
yeh, bah. that'll put a hole in the lions d. Highest paid player coming out of the cfl to nfl too.

I dont think there was any doubt he was going to the NFL this year. I read something that said up too 17 NFL teams had talked to him.

two24four
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
With the NFL schedule coming out today, I heard on the radio that Miami has the toughest schedule of all the teams for 2009.

Dubz
04-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Hard to imagine a team with a tougher schedule thaan the lions....they cant beat anybody so there isnt a favourable matchup in the league.:lol:

chgorman
04-15-2009, 08:17 AM
With the NFL schedule coming out today, I heard on the radio that Miami has the toughest schedule of all the teams for 2009.

Doesn't really surprise me. I think MIA had the easiest sched in the entire league this past season, so I pretty much expected them to get hit hard by the sched makers this season.

dw13
04-15-2009, 07:48 PM

All AFC East teams are facing rough schedules, its their turn.

King_Killah
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
That 'phins schedule is brutal... But after week one and week two losses to Atlanta and Indianapolis, there is potential to win the next 4... hahaha... DW13, just f*cking with you because the Phins play the Jets twice in their first 6 or 7 games.

Their draft... I like the Vontae Davis pick. I am a little baffled over the 2nd round QB play there. With Pennington playing OK and Henne at #2 not sure why they wanted or needed to use a 2nd round pick on a guy who will battle for #3 at best. Like Smith, Turner, and Hartline... after that... Well...

two24four
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I think they drafted White thinking about nothing more then using him in the wildcat.

dw13
04-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I think they drafted White thinking about nothing more then using him in the wildcat.

I think they either have him or Turner (who they reached for as well) being the potential #2 to Ted Ginn. You don't draft a guy based strictly on your wildcat, not in this league.

Doctego
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I think they either have him or Turner (who they reached for as well) being the potential #2 to Ted Ginn. You don't draft a guy based strictly on your wildcat, not in this league.

Agreed. Or, if you do, you don't burn a 2nd rounder on him.

Spartan
04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Dolphins just released John Beck.

Doctego
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Dolphins just released John Beck.

Saw that coming from a mile away.

King_Killah
04-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Poor Beck didn't even get a fighting chance to fight for the #3 spot. Oh well...

King_Killah
05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Armando Salguero, of The Miami Herald, reports while all of the talk of the Miami Dolphins quarterbacks has surrounded the drafting of Pat White (http://www.footballguys.com/WhitPa01-1.php) and how second-year QB Chad Henne (http://www.footballguys.com/HennCh01-1.php) is slated to take over as the starter in 2010, it has been overlooked that QB Chad Pennington (http://www.footballguys.com/PennCh01-1.php) remains the starter in 2009

Unless there is an injury to Pennington, I think it is safe to say his job is safe. Pat White is a good fit for the Wildcat, but he'll have to be listed as a WR since NFL rules state the 3rd QB can only come in as emergency and are normally listed as inactive.

Spartan
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
ESPN is reporting Jason Taylor has signed with the Dolphins...again.

chgorman
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't mind this at all, always liked JT. He's signing for cheap (1.5 mil I heard), and if it keeps him away from the Pats, then I'm all for it. Sounds like he'll only be playing on passing downs.

King_Killah
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are not interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Plaxico Burress (http://www.footballguys.com/BurrPl00-1.php) (Giants) at this time and likely would not be interested if he handles his legal situation.

I would be shocked if he ended up in Miami.

King_Killah
06-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Omar Kelly, from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports based on Armstrong's performance during last weekend's minicamp, the former Arena Football League receiver might be on his way. Even after spending all of 2008 on the Dolphins' practice squad, Armstrong is the first to admit he's still a relative unknown. Unlike his teammates, he can go to the mall without getting noticed. On the field it's starting to become a different story.

Just another name to watch for. Waiver wire guy at this point though if that.

two24four
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Sounds like Pennington is gone for the year, that's going to hurt, to go along with starting the year 0-3.

Chad Henne is the man now.

dw13
09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Normal Penny stuff. Does work one year, hurt the next. This might be the end of Chad. Thanks for the memories big man!

chgorman
09-28-2009, 06:57 PM
One Chad dies, another rises from the ashes. Too bad about the Chad, he wasn't reason they're 0-3, but I'm interested to see how the new, stronger armed Chad does.

two24four
09-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Miami traded with KC today for QB Tyler Thigpen.

Doctego
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Miami traded with KC today for QB Tyler Thigpen.

He wasn't as bad last year as his stats might indicate.

b_illin
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I like Thigpen actually and was surprised at how much Haley doesn't like him.

Edit: I was also surprised they made the trade for Cassel given Thigpen's play last year which I thought was solid for the Chiefs. The Cassel signing is a huge mistake.

Doctego
09-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I like Thigpen actually and was surprised at how much Haley doesn't like him.

Edit: I was also surprised they made the trade for Cassel given Thigpen's play last year which I thought was solid for the Chiefs. The Cassel signing is a huge mistake.

The NFL, more than any other league, is all about reuniting with your guys. Right or wrong, people don't like using "leftovers" unless they have to. Haley/Pioli had no allegiance to Thigpen but Cassel was Pioli's guy in New England. Whenever guys change locations, they load up the truck to bring people with them.

b_illin
09-30-2009, 10:06 AM
The NFL, more than any other league, is all about reuniting with your guys. Right or wrong, people don't like using "leftovers" unless they have to. Haley/Pioli had no allegiance to Thigpen but Cassel was Pioli's guy in New England. Whenever guys change locations, they load up the truck to bring people with them.

Oh I know....I just think in this instance it was stupid. Thigpen showed some flashes last year and I think can be a solid NFL QB if given the shot.....which I don't see him getting unless Henne sucks nut in Miami....which, given my memory of Henne at UM, could very well happen! (I always thought he was overrated)

FlyGuy78
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh I know....I just think in this instance it was stupid. Thigpen showed some flashes last year and I think can be a solid NFL QB if given the shot.....which I don't see him getting unless Henne sucks nut in Miami....which, given my memory of Henne at UM, could very well happen! (I always thought he was overrated)

I read that Thigpen will also take over the Wildcat snaps from White since Thigpen can run and throw.

eff1ngham
09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
He wasn't as bad last year as his stats might indicate.

It's interesting to hear you say that, because I'd heard his numbers were better than his actual play might indicate. I really only got to see him play one game, but the talking heads were saying that he was a better fantasy QB than an actual NFL QB. Though I think Miami's offense does seem suited to his skillset, so maybe he'll have some success there

two24four
10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Great game by Miami tonight, Henne looked good, nice toss to Ginn.

Iam no Miami fan, but tonight I was :D;)

Hockeyis#1
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Great game by Miami tonight, Henne looked good, nice toss to Ginn.

Iam no Miami fan, but tonight I was :D;)

That was a beautiful deep ball to Ginn. Able to be caught in-stride, don't have to stretch out for it, defense can't contest it, etc. Looked just like it does during the warmups.

Chad Henne really stepped up and answered the challenge in the 2nd half. Able to make the big plays when the Dolphins needed him to and not turn the ball over. Can't ask much more than that.

I don't think any experts or analysts can still call the wildcat a fluke or a gimmick anymore. Teams are clearly still having trouble defending it.

dw13
10-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Henne was absolutely nothing special whatsoever. The Run game or Wildcat, set it up perfectly, what a great performance by them tonight. Absolutely pounded it and played the game in their fashion.

The pass to Ginn was merely a product of the run setting up that dagger. Props to Henne though for not making any mistakes (although our defense didn't even pressure him).

Again, props Dolphins and I'd definitely say the East is a 3 team race.

chgorman
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Henne was absolutely nothing special whatsoever. The Run game or Wildcat, set it up perfectly, what a great performance by them tonight. Absolutely pounded it and played the game in their fashion.

The pass to Ginn was merely a product of the run setting up that dagger. Props to Henne though for not making any mistakes (although our defense didn't even pressure him).

Again, props Dolphins and I'd definitely say the East is a 3 team race.

Give the kid some credit. 20 for 26, 241 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT doesn't happen by accident, especially against one of the best defences in the league. Not sure what that works out to in regards to QB rating, but it's gotta be pretty damn high.

Nothing special? He managed the game perfectly, dropped a PERFECT pass into spot where only Ginn could catch it (in stride no less) on the bomb, didn't make any stupid/bad plays, against what is supposed to be one of the best defences in the league.

I think I sense a little bitterness ;). He was much better than Sanchez, which may be why you're not giving any credit? Without those couple circus catches Edwards made, Sanchez's numbers would be terrible. Henne had a solid - if relatively unspectacular - game... give him some credit. He made the plays that were there and didn't try to force the plays that weren't there.

not saying he needs to be anointed the next Manning/Brady/Brees, but he's led them to two straight wins now since becoming starter, with solid performances in both gms, and it just sounds like it might be a little sour grapes from you dawinna ;):D.

That aside, what an entertaining game! Glad I stayed up to watch the 4th quarter, what a great 15 mins of football!

P.S. I agree that the Edwards TD shoulda counted, but the Jets scored anyway, and got that call back later on with a TERRIBLE pass interference call on MIA that lead to a Jets TD on the following play.

King_Killah
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Give the kid some credit. 20 for 26, 241 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT doesn't happen by accident, especially against one of the best defences in the league. Not sure what that works out to in regards to QB rating, but it's gotta be pretty damn high.

Nothing special? He managed the game perfectly, dropped a PERFECT pass into spot where only Ginn could catch it (in stride no less) on the bomb, didn't make any stupid/bad plays, against what is supposed to be one of the best defences in the league.

I think I sense a little bitterness ;). He was much better than Sanchez, which may be why you're not giving any credit? Without those couple circus catches Edwards made, Sanchez's numbers would be terrible. Henne had a solid - if relatively unspectacular - game... give him some credit. He made the plays that were there and didn't try to force the plays that weren't there.

not saying he needs to be anointed the next Manning/Brady/Brees, but he's led them to two straight wins now since becoming starter, with solid performances in both gms, and it just sounds like it might be a little sour grapes from you dawinna ;):D.

That aside, what an entertaining game! Glad I stayed up to watch the 4th quarter, what a great 15 mins of football!

P.S. I agree that the Edwards TD shoulda counted, but the Jets scored anyway, and got that call back later on with a TERRIBLE pass interference call on MIA that lead to a Jets TD on the following play.

I agree... Henne was on.

b_illin
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
From my memories of Henne at UM, he will impress you when you least expect it and let you down when you do expect something. He looked good last night.

dw13
10-13-2009, 10:44 AM

He managed the game. He wasn't a game breaker and he wasn't special. I'm not discrediting what he did, he did exactly what the Dolphins wanted him to do.

The fact of the matter is, he never faced a 3rd and distance, Props to the Fins for being able to run the ball so successful so they didn't have to face them, and he really had no pressure whatsoever from our defense, again props to the Fins O-Line for that as well.

Not taking anything away from the kid, but this is NOT the game you want to judge him as the future QB. He had no pressure whatsoever to make any big throws on a big down. The throw to Ginn was a very nice throw, but it was a credit to the run game. Rhodes and Revis were caught peeking and he put the ball on the money.

Again, Props to Henne for doing what he did, I just don't think this is the game you want to judge him in.

two24four
10-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree... Henne was on.

He sure was, he was awesome IMO for it only being his 2nd NFL start & on Monday night as well, he will only get better with time as well, I have always liked Henne.

Hockeyis#1
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
The fact of the matter is, he never faced a 3rd and distance.

3rd-9, NYJ16 1:39 C. Henne passed to R. Brown to the right for 1 yard loss
3rd-9, MIA34 8:28 C. Henne incomplete pass down the middle
3rd-7, MIA4010:28 C. Henne incomplete pass to the right
3rd-9, MIA31 7:40 C. Henne passed to A. Fasano to the left for 1 yard gain
3rd-10, NYJ16 1:06 C. Henne passed to G. Camarillo to the right for 12 yard gain
He did, and the Jets blitzed most of them.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow I saw the Phins up 34-3 or something at one point early on and then boom. N.O. storms back like a hurricane and takes it 46-34. I dunno what the heck happened but what a bummer that has got to be for Dolphins fans.

dw13
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
He did, and the Jets blitzed most of them.

You made my point for me. He did nothing in 3rd and long, and we got him in very few of them.

chgorman
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Wow I saw the Phins up 34-3 or something at one point early on and then boom. N.O. storms back like a hurricane and takes it 46-34. I dunno what the heck happened but what a bummer that has got to be for Dolphins fans.

I caught most of the 2nd half... pretty tough to watch as a 'Phins fan. Especially since it sounds like they dominated the 1st half.

dw13
10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I can't wait to get you guys next week.

two24four
10-26-2009, 12:24 PM

They will be pissed after yesterday's loss.

dw13
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
They will be pissed after yesterday's loss.

We will be pissed about the L in Miami. The Jets/Dolphins rivalry doesn't need any fuel to the fire, doesn't matter who is pissed, it always seems to turn into a damn good game.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
We will be pissed about the L in Miami. The Jets/Dolphins rivalry doesn't need any fuel to the fire, doesn't matter who is pissed, it always seems to turn into a damn good game.

I'm with ya. Good ball when these two meet up. Add a little fuel to the fire on both sides, never hurt. Is the game prime time?

two24four
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm with ya. Good ball when these two meet up. Add a little fuel to the fire on both sides, never hurt. Is the game prime time?

No 1:00pm EST.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
No 1:00pm EST.

Lame. My buddy is a huge Phins fan so I woulda watched that one had it been a later game. Oh well :D

chgorman
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Wow, don't think I've ever seen somebody looking forward to a loss so much!! ;):D

dw13
10-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow, don't think I've ever seen somebody looking forward to a loss so much!! ;):D

:lol::lol:

dw13
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Enjoy the gift

Kyle
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Your special teams were really nice to the dolphins. 104 yards of offense by the Dolphins and the Jets couldn't win with 25 points. Really sad, this should've been a blowout.

two24four
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Ginn, 6 KR, 299 Yds, 2 TD's, that says alot.

chgorman
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Enjoy the gift

Wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. At least Ginn did SOMTHING other than drop the ball, cut a route short, go down too easy or run out of bounds before he has to.

two24four
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
haha, Porter was told he's not even dressing for today's game.

Spartan
11-18-2009, 03:34 PM
There is speculation that Ronnie Brown is done for the year.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=959

Hockeyis#1
11-18-2009, 04:04 PM
There is speculation that Ronnie Brown is done for the year.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=959
Safe to call him injury prone? Was he a Madden cover athlete in a past life? :lol:

Spartan
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
It's official, Brown's on the IR.

two24four
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Yup they put him on the IR today, he's done for the season.

Wonder what this does to the Wildcat in MIA for the rest of the season.

Kyle
12-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm curious what you guys think about Henne. To me, Henne is plain and clear the next Dolphins franchise quarterback and I predict lots of 4000+ yds 25+ TD seasons in his future. Hes been inconsistent but what rookie QB is ever not inconsistent? He Hes throwing at a very solid 200 YPG and has thrown 350 and 330 yard games this past month. Hes going to have to learn what throws not to make because NHL defensive backs are way better than NCAA backs, but all QBs come into the league throwing lots of interceptions for that reason.

I think hes got bright things ahead of him.

dw13
12-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I think one of the best thing Henne has going for him is Sparano and Henning, they have both established themselves as two of the best coaches in the league at what they do.

two24four
12-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I have said before that I like Henne alot, I think he will have a good career, kid has an arm.

two24four
03-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Miami signed Karlos Dansby.

FlyGuy78
04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Marshall to the Fins for a '10 & '11 2nd round picks!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=171331 (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=171331)

Spartan
04-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Shit, new mock draft time.

King_Killah
04-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Marshall to the Fins for a '10 & '11 2nd round picks!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=171331

Love this deal for the Dolphins here.

chgorman
04-14-2010, 05:52 PM
AMAZING!! Finally, a decent wideout that this team has been lacking for so long. I'm sooo happy about this deal. I'm gonna love hearing 'Henne to Marshall' all season long. It's got a nice ring to it, haha (not really, I'm just really excited, haha)

Kyle
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Henne has late round fantasy sleeper written all over him now.

dw13
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Eh

two24four
04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Henne has late round fantasy sleeper written all over him now.

For sure, he's only going to get better, this trade helps him huge.

eff1ngham
04-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Sounds like he's got his extension worked out pending the physical:

Marshall and the Dolphins subsequently agreed on a four-year, $47.5 million contract extension that includes $24 million in guaranteed money, according to a league source. The deal includes close to $29 million in the first three years of the contract and makes Marshall the highest-paid receiver in NFL history.

chgorman
04-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Sounds like he's got his extension worked out pending the physical:

Yup, with him signing his tender prior to being traded, it's basically 5 yrs, $50 mil, making him the highest paid WR in history. Hopefully he's worth it and can stay out of trouble despite being so close to home. It's a bit of a risky contract IMO given his past issues, but as long as he can produce on the field and keep a low profile off of it, I don't mind it. That's obviously easier said than done though.

two24four
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers for a 5th round pick.

Zangetsu
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
What a waste. I hated that pick when we made it.

two24four
04-16-2010, 02:23 PM

No doubt, from 9th overall to a 5th round pick.

Spartan
04-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers for a 5th round pick.LOL, the 49ers got screwed. Now they don't have a fifth round pick.

By comparison the J-E-T-S got Santurdio for a 5th, the niners could have just waited for the Fins to cut Ginn and signed him for nothing.

That pick was a great example of how the NFL is a copycat league. Even Al Davis and Matt Millen laughed when that pick was made. The prior year, Devin Hester was returning kicks left and right and made the Superbowl in a weak NFC. This year everyone is looking for the next Chris Johnson, which they won't find.

chgorman
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM

I think everyone did, everyone except that genius Cam Cameron :rolleyes: (or whoever the fuck is was that made that call)

On the bright side, the other guy they were looking at/projected to pick instead of Ginn in that draft was Brady Quinn... he hasn't done any better, and if they had drafted him, they probably wouldn't have Henne right now.

dw13
04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I think everyone did, everyone except that genius Cam Cameron :rolleyes: (or whoever the fuck is was that made that call)

On the bright side, the other guy they were looking at/projected to pick instead of Ginn in that draft was Brady Quinn... he hasn't done any better, and if they had drafted him, they probably wouldn't have Henne right now.

Hey, Cam Cameron is an offensive genius, IMO. He might not of had the success at Head Coaching, but the dude can run an offense.

Hockeyis#1
04-16-2010, 10:52 PM
hey, cam cameron is an offensive genius, imo. He might not of had the success at head coaching, but the dude can run an offense.+1

King_Killah
04-17-2010, 09:16 AM

Someone had to go, right?

King_Killah
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM

Someone had to go, right?

chgorman
04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey, Cam Cameron is an offensive genius, IMO. He might not of had the success at Head Coaching, but the dude can run an offense.

Nobody said he couldnt run an offence, but he obviously has no clue when it comes to head coaching or - especially - drafting. Definitely no draft genius, thats for sure. And thats what I was referring to.

dw13
04-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Nobody said he couldnt run an offence, but he obviously has no clue when it comes to head coaching or - especially - drafting. Definitely no draft genius, thats for sure. And thats what I was referring to.

My point was, we're not even sure he has much of a say in drafting (Alot of GM's are dictators in player personnel). I know what you were saying, but I was just giving Cam some credit for being an awesome offensive coach.

Obviously, didn't make it as a HC although if he keeps his good work up again, he will get another shot if he wants it.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Traded to the Chargers

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOdrick!!!!!

chgorman
04-22-2010, 09:37 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOdrick!!!!!

What's the word on this guy?

dw13
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Awesome player. Will fit a 3-4 DE but the Fins had enough of those, and didn't have a pass rush. I think they took Odrick to block the Jets from him.

King_Killah
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Fast, gets upfield fast, focused, strong hands, physical.

chgorman
04-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Awesome player. Will fit a 3-4 DE but the Fins had enough of those, and didn't have a pass rush. I think they took Odrick to block the Jets from him.

So you think they took him simply so that the Jets wouldn't get him? Would the Tuna really do something like that? Not saying you're wrong, you follow football much closer than I do, but that kind of philosophy with a 1st rd pick doesn't make much sense to me...

Fast, gets upfield fast, focused, strong hands, physical.

Cool, thx guys, I'm gonna do a little more research on this guy today, since I know nothing about him other than what you've told me here.

dw13
04-23-2010, 08:53 AM
So you think they took him simply so that the Jets wouldn't get him? Would the Tuna really do something like that? Not saying you're wrong, you follow football much closer than I do, but that kind of philosophy with a 1st rd pick doesn't make much sense to me...

I don't think that's the "only" reason because Odrick is a hell of a football player, but the Fins have 3 or 4 really solid DE's already, no? They have lost 2 pass rushers, and have nothing backing them up truly (Cameron Wake?) and they had Kindle/Hughes sitting there for them. Just shocked they didn't take either of them.

It doesn't bug me because we got Kyle Wilson.

chgorman
04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't think that's the "only" reason because Odrick is a hell of a football player, but the Fins have 3 or 4 really solid DE's already, no? They have lost 2 pass rushers, and have nothing backing them up truly (Cameron Wake?) and they had Kindle/Hughes sitting there for them. Just shocked they didn't take either of them.

It doesn't bug me because we got Kyle Wilson.

Jeff Ireland is already talking about moving Odrick inside, outside, all over the line, not necessarily keeping him on the end. not sure if that makes any diff in regards to how you feel about the pick, but that's what I'm hearing.

Good article on the pick and the reasoning behind it here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/23/1594742/miami-dolphins-to-tweak-defense.html

dw13
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Jeff Ireland is already talking about moving Odrick inside, outside, all over the line, not necessarily keeping him on the end. not sure if that makes any diff in regards to how you feel about the pick, but that's what I'm hearing.

Good article on the pick and the reasoning behind it here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/23/1594742/miami-dolphins-to-tweak-defense.html

He's an end in the base defense though. If they plan on using more 4-3, then yeah the pick makes more sense to me.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Leave it to the Jets fans to boo Marino.

King_Killah
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Koa Misi, LB. Misi will make Sanchez pay for the Jets fans booing Marino!!!

keyboard
04-30-2010, 05:59 PM
"My dad was a pimp."
"What did your mom do [for a living]?"
"She worked for my dad."
"Your mom was a prostitute?"
"No, she wasn't a prostitute."http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/04/30/dez.bryant.jeff.ireland/index.html?eref=sihp

Kyle
04-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Dez Bryants a fucking idiot and embarassed his parents. Why would you say your dad is a pimp in any context, you aren't being interviewed on MTV cribbs you toolbag, grow up.

dw13
04-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Dez Bryants a fucking idiot and embarassed his parents. Why would you say your dad is a pimp in any context, you aren't being interviewed on MTV cribbs you toolbag, grow up.

Do you have any idea about Dez's parents?

Dez's mom had him when she was 15 years old, and had something like 6-8 other kids along the years and has served numerous spells in prison.

Don't tell me Dez Bryant, a kid who was Academic All-American, Football All-American, and is now a professional football player has embarrassed his parents. I don't think he would give a shit even if he did.

His parents let HIM down. He could of easily just of become another "statistic" of a kid that fails because of a horrible up-bringing. Instead, he proved doubters wrong, and he's now making millions playing a sport he loves.

The sad part about this whole situation is that his Mom was probably a whore, and his Dad was probably a pimp.

Either way, Dez Bryant hasn't done a DAMN THING to embarrass his parents. His Parents are an embarrassment on society. Having a kid that you can't take care of, be there for and love.

I salute Dez Bryant. He might of done some bone head things, but he's never been in legal problems, or anything like that.

FlyGuy78
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Do you have any idea about Dez's parents?

Dez's mom had him when she was 15 years old, and had something like 6-8 other kids along the years and has served numerous spells in prison.

Don't tell me Dez Bryant, a kid who was Academic All-American, Football All-American, and is now a professional football player has embarrassed his parents. I don't think he would give a shit even if he did.

His parents let HIM down. He could of easily just of become another "statistic" of a kid that fails because of a horrible up-bringing. Instead, he proved doubters wrong, and he's now making millions playing a sport he loves.

The sad part about this whole situation is that his Mom was probably a whore, and his Dad was probably a pimp.

Either way, Dez Bryant hasn't done a DAMN THING to embarrass his parents. His Parents are an embarrassment on society. Having a kid that you can't take care of, be there for and love.

I salute Dez Bryant. He might of done some bone head things, but he's never been in legal problems, or anything like that.

word.

Kyle
04-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Oops, I thought he just goofed and was trying to brag about his dad like a six year old and just fucked up his wording and made a mess. My bad

dw13
04-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Oops, I thought he just goofed and was trying to brag about his dad like a six year old and just fucked up his wording and made a mess. My bad

It's a common misconception about Dez. I completely understand.

The things he has overcome is pretty incredible to me and he gets high remarks on my end.

I hope someone in the NFL, or the Cowboys organization can pair him up with some good people because he's obviously never been guided by anything near a father figure.

The whole "lying to the NCAA" thing was blown out of proportion. He had so many people telling him his football career was over because of the Deion meeting, that he panicked. After all, he really was just a kid.

I wish him the best, and wish stuff like this wouldn't come out about him. The kid has had alot put on his table.

Either way, I can't blame Ireland for the question if that was Dez's answer in the meeting.

Kyle
04-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Thats pretty sad, good for him though that he made it where he is, he should excel with the Cowboys.

two24four
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Miami let there special teams coordinator go today.

two24four
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Miami signed CB Al Harris today.

chgorman
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
The switching of the Chads - Henne out, Penni in for this wk's gm against TEN

b_illin
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Does Pennington have any value this week? More than Troy Smith or Derek Anderson? (pickings are slim in my league where I have Brees on bye this week)

Doctego
11-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Does Pennington have any value this week? More than Troy Smith or Derek Anderson? (pickings are slim in my league where I have Brees on bye this week)

He doesn't have the upside that others might but he won't kill you.

Pennington's wallet is happy with this promotion.

FlyGuy78
11-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I just traded for B.Marshall the day before this happened and while I'm normally not happy seeing the starting QB of a team benched when I have the #1 WR, Henne was just not getting the ball downfield or to Marshall at all. I hope Pennington has better success.

Kyle
11-11-2010, 05:43 PM
This is a silly decision. Henne is putting up numbers as good as Pennington ever has in career (The exception being a more poor TD:INT ratio) and yes, he has been less than spectacular, but is Pennington really any sort of upgrade? Absolutely not, and he isn't the franchise quarterback going down the line. Henne is. This is a silly delay to Henne's development, hes playing his weakest game and still has the team at .500 (And could've easily made it 5-3 over that Steelers game) and putting up respectable passing numbers. He needs to be allowed to keep growing, the Dolphins need to accept the fact that they aren't legit superbowl contenders and worry about the wellbeing of the club over taking any possible steps to improve this season. This doesn't even improve this season. We know exactly what Pennington is capable of and its hardly any better than this "dissapointing" season by Henne so far. Hennes potential upside is leaps and bounds higher than any numbers Pennington could be projected to put up.

Oh well, heres to hoping Pennington self destructs.

b_illin
11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Sparano is just sending Henne a message

two24four
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I dont think Henne will be out long, he will be back in there before long.

Doctego
01-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Tell us how you really feel, Ricky:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/ricky-williams-rips-tony-sparano-dolphins-teammates-on-way-out/

b_illin
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
^ a lot of sour grapes from the author IMO!

Doctego
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
The Dolphins should be ashamed of themselves for the way that they are behaving. They have a coach under contract and, by many reports, have talked to Cowher and flew cross-country to court Harbaugh. The least they could do is fire Sparano before doing this bullshit.

King_Killah
01-06-2011, 10:28 PM
The Dolphins should be ashamed of themselves for the way that they are behaving. They have a coach under contract and, by many reports, have talked to Cowher and flew cross-country to court Harbaugh. The least they could do is fire Sparano before doing this bullshit.

Don't forget they already offered Gruden $7+mil which he turned down. The word is they are offering Harbaugh more. If they end up not hiring someone new and stick with Sparano, how the hell do they think he is going to feel???

Doctego
01-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Don't forget they already offered Gruden $7+mil which he turned down. The word is they are offering Harbaugh more. If they end up not hiring someone new and stick with Sparano, how the hell do they think he is going to feel???

Looks like they're sticking with Sparano. His feelings must be hurt but the $2.5M or so he'll make this season should help him get over it.

chgorman
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
yeah, this whole situation is bush league. As a dolphins fan, I'm disappointed with the way this situation has been handled and am concerned with the direction this organization is headed now that The Tuna is pretty much out of the picture.

King_Killah
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Mike Pouncey.

King_Killah
07-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Reggie Bush to the Fins barring a new contract worked out.

two24four
11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Might have lost out on Luck today.

dw13
12-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Interested in Brian Schotty :lol:

Hope they take him.

FlyGuy78
12-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Interested in Brian Schotty :lol:

Hope they take him.

Didn't the Jets extend Schotty's contract?

dw13
12-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Didn't the Jets extend Schotty's contract?

Unfortunately.

But they won't hold him back from interviewing for a step up in the coaching ranks, atleast I don't think so.

(Even though they did it with Thurman to Oakland this offseason)

eff1ngham
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I like how at 0-7, "we're keeping you here." Then after going 4-2 in their next six, "gtfo"

Spartan
12-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I like how at 0-7, "we're keeping you here." Then after going 4-2 in their next six, "gtfo"

:lol:Just like the Chefs canning Haley after he took that team to the playoffs last year in spite of Pioli's awful drafting and free agent moves. Sparano takes the bullet here because Ireland never seriously addressed the quarterback position. This is a classic example of the BS theory that you need a left tackle before a QB. Matt Ryan would certainly not help that team :rolleyes:.

Doctego
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Miami has historically been a top NFL job but they are making it a joke.