PDA

View Full Version : Official Vancouver Canucks Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Thought I'd continue the trend of threads dedicated to different NHL teams and create a thread for us Vancouver Canucks fans! Everybody else is welcome of course.

I'll start by discussing tonight's game against the Colorado Avalanche. It was a tough loss but I'm not too worried. The Avs are money at home and we lost Ohlund, one of our most important D-men, if not the most important. Luongo was still brilliant stopping 29 of 32 shots and the Avs' top line of Stastny, Hejduk, and Wolski got completely shutdown. However the loss still hurts because of the logjam in our division. We're tied with Colorado for the lead in the division and only 2 points up on Minny. Even Calgary got a point in their OT loss to Jersey tonight. Hopefully the boys come out fresh from the Xmas break and lay a beating on the Flames on the 27th.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

secol
12-23-2007, 11:53 PM
haha....even a hockey nomad who supports the Flames? :p.........I hope the flames target Chimera........heck anybody who gets Chimera would be happy.......cheap, quick, effective......

fuji9991
12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
I noticed a couple of people on the board refereincing Luongo as Bobby Lu is that his nickname or just some people on this board?

secol
12-24-2007, 12:53 AM
I think that's also his nickname outside the board as well if I am not mistaken.....

canuckhockey09
12-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Tough loss tonight. Canucks obviously didn't play their best game but it was the last game before the break, I'll cut em some slack. Oh, and Bobby Lu is also Luongo's nickname outside this board.

Thought some of you might enjoy these links:

Cory Schneider Interview: http://www.canucksfanz.com/all-news/three-questions-with-cory-schneider-2.html

Edler and Ohlund Comparison Article:
http://vancouvercanucksnews.com/fdevji/weblog/105.html

Farmerbob42
12-24-2007, 07:17 PM
ohlund is hurt too?

wish they'd give raymond and jaffray more ice time, they've been doing well with limited toi, give them more of it, not like anyone else is scoring much either

draft51
12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
man.. how many posts did they hit in the 2nd period..?

Farmerbob42
12-26-2007, 01:34 AM
yeh, that was aggravating hah

canuckthug
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
man.. how many posts did they hit in the 2nd period..?

Posts or no posts... they didnt play 60 minutes of hockey. They came out flat in the 3rd and deserved 0 points for it. Sure it was 3 games in 4 nights and a back to back on the road but effort is all we ask.

They had the best record in the NHL after Xmas last season. Can the nucks repeat what they did last year? I say yes because we have Luongo. :yesyes: This team has what it takes to get in the playoffs, i am confident in that and thats all that matters.

Kevin Bieksa is due back in late January, the same time Rambo IV is due. Coincidence, i think so! :cool:
Morrison himself said he will do what it takes to be back this season. Hopefully he comes back ready.

Go Nucks. :beer: :beer:

secol
12-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Posts or no posts... they didnt play 60 minutes of hockey. They came out flat in the 3rd and deserved 0 points for it. Sure it was 3 games in 4 nights and a back to back on the road but effort is all we ask.

They had the best record in the NHL after Xmas last season. Can the nucks repeat what they did last year? I say yes because we have Luongo. :yesyes: This team has what it takes to get in the playoffs, i am confident in that and thats all that matters.

Kevin Bieksa is due back in late January, the same time Rambo IV is due. Coincidence, i think not! :cool:
Morrison himself said he will do what it takes to be back this season. Hopefully he comes back ready.

Go Nucks. :beer: :beer:
Nice.......DAMN I dropped him :confused:........oy.....

canuckthug
12-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Nice.......DAMN I dropped him :confused:........oy.....

I could be wrong on the Jan return. On December 19th, he said this, "We donít really have a timeline right, weíre going to kind of see what it looks like after Christmas and how quickly Iím regaining strength and flexibility and make decisions from there."

And he also said this, "Iím out of [the walking boot], thank god. Iím just walking around, bit of a limp, but itís getting better everyday."

He'll be back this season but im not sure what kind of fantasy impact he'll have if he returns early.

secol
12-26-2007, 03:23 PM
well if he returns early I'd expect more PIMs (since he's sturggling to keep up with players) which is good (fantasy-wise anyways)

Farmerbob42
12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
good the sooner bieksa is back the more chance they have to trade him

Roy Hinske
12-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Why would they trade him right away?

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
12-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Because Edler is playing SO well and Bourdon looks to have matured and improved greatly, I believe Bieksa is the perfect bargaining chip! There are plenty of teams looking for a tough, gritty blueliner who can also put up points. I posted on another thread about a trade idea involving us giving Atlanta Bieksa and Morrison and Vancouver getting Hossa, combinded with some draft picks either way too. Atlanta's looking for a top C and a solid D man and I strongly believe they'd part with Hossa for that or something along those lines. Plus, it's been said that Hossa does not like it in Atlanta and would like to be traded.

secol
12-27-2007, 12:32 AM
well I doubt Morrison can still be considered a first line C.......but I guess he is an upgrade over White.....

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
12-27-2007, 12:44 AM
well I doubt Morrison can still be considered a first line C.......but I guess he is an upgrade over White.....

Exactly, he's not a first line C in Ottawa, Detroit, or Carolina but in Atlanta I'm sure they'd consider him top line material.

housenuts
12-27-2007, 01:16 AM
I noticed a couple of people on the board refereincing Luongo as Bobby Lu is that his nickname or just some people on this board?

that's his name around vancouver

canuckthug
12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Because Edler is playing SO well and Bourdon looks to have matured and improved greatly, I believe Bieksa is the perfect bargaining chip! There are plenty of teams looking for a tough, gritty blueliner who can also put up points. I posted on another thread about a trade idea involving us giving Atlanta Bieksa and Morrison and Vancouver getting Hossa, combinded with some draft picks either way too. Atlanta's looking for a top C and a solid D man and I strongly believe they'd part with Hossa for that or something along those lines. Plus, it's been said that Hossa does not like it in Atlanta and would like to be traded.

In that same thread, i remember somebody replying with a :lol::lol: to getting Marian Hossa for Morrison and Bieksa. I second that.
The Canucks need scoring but we barely get Marcel with that deal. Sounds like a Canuck pipedream to me. Maybe if you posted some credible links and sources it wouldnt seem so farfetched!

Roy Hinske
12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
In that same thread, i remember somebody replying with a :lol::lol: to getting Marian Hossa for Morrison and Bieksa. I second that.
The Canucks need scoring but we barely get Marcel with that deal. Sounds like a Canuck pipedream to me. Maybe if you posted some credible links and sources it wouldnt seem so farfetched!

I was thinking it would take more for Hossa too but I'm not in Vancouver to have any insight. I'd like to see that deal though.

Hobbes
12-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Even if both were healthy it wouldn't be a fair deal. The fact Bieksa and Morrison are both out with long term injuries makes it even more far-fetched.

Farmerbob42
12-28-2007, 11:45 AM
what a crazy game versus calgary! hah

and mason raymond mentioned hearing about the reference in how i met your mother but he doesn't watch the show or has seen a clip of it, thinks its funny though

jennilou
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Pretty goal by Daniel

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
12-28-2007, 03:49 PM

That's why I mentioned there would likely be draft picks/prospects involved as well. I don't want to suggest exactly what draft picks and what prospects would go either way because I'm not that knowledgeable. I was just throwing out a general framework of a trade. Plus, the real NHL is not fantasy hockey. Obviously no fantasy manager in their right mind would trade Hossa for Morrison and Bieksa but in the real NHL, it's all relative to the team's needs. Granted, Enstrom is doing really well for Atlanta so maybe they don't need a PP QB SO bad but I still think it really isn't that farfetched when you think about it. And no I don't have any links or sources. Again, just my own idea.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Well the Nux caught a big break tonight! The Avs lost to the Kings 3-1 and the Oilers are up on the Wild 4-2 going into the 3rd. Here's to a Calgary loss tonight and a win for our boys tomorrow against what will hopefully be a tired Ducks squad courtesy of the Flames.

Farmerbob42
12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
they need scoring but it'll probably come as a second line player if anything and since they seem to have some decent prospects at the moment i'd like to see them hang onto a few, the ones they've lost in the past havn't done a whole lot. With the missed opportunities on drafting id hate to see a prospect they traded away for a rental would turn into a good player. I would have loved justin williams but thats not gonna happen now hah

canuckthug
12-31-2007, 06:09 AM
:beer:
I don't want to suggest exactly what draft picks and what prospects would go either way because I'm not that knowledgeable. I was just throwing out a general framework of a trade. it's all relative to the team's needs. Granted, Enstrom is doing really well for Atlanta so maybe they don't need a PP QB so bad but I still think it really isn't that farfetched when you think about it. And no I don't have any links or sources. Again, just my own idea.

then you said this in an earlier post.

Plus, it's been said that Hossa does not like it in Atlanta and would like to be traded.

If you can tell me when Hossa said he doesnt like ATL.. then share that info... who said it? the newspaper... ? you? Hossa??

canuckthug
12-31-2007, 06:21 AM

Well the Nux caught a big break tonight! The Avs lost to the Kings 3-1 and the Oilers are up on the Wild 4-2 going into the 3rd. Here's to a Calgary loss tonight and a win for our boys tomorrow against what will hopefully be a tired Ducks squad courtesy of the Flames.

Big break tonight?? in the Northwest.. i havent seen many big breaks. the wild have been a pest ever since the Cloutier Debacle... i shouldnt blame #39 but thats what i remember...

anyways the wild won in OT.. cameback and made that game a 3 point one.. (vs Edmonton)
Calgary won that game.. also a comeback.. 2 goals deficit erased...

But hey... the Canucks won.. thats all that matters!!!!
beat the ducks 2-1.. the canucks beat the flames 5-3 in GM place on thursday.... the flames beat the ducks... the nucks are 3-0 (maybe 4-0 this year against the flames)
-this time its in Calgary.. in the fuckin saddledome.. huge game.. back to back the canucks are.. (yoda) .. they're ready... SHOULD BE FUN..

secol
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
na.....Flames are tightening up.....

Farmerbob42
12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
loved seeing "the kipper" pulled haha. see if they can do it again

jennilou
12-31-2007, 06:33 PM
that was awesome....beating Keenan is the icing on the cake.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
12-31-2007, 06:45 PM

then you said this in an earlier post.

If you can tell me when Hossa said he doesnt like ATL.. then share that info... who said it? the newspaper... ? you? Hossa??

Bob McKensie from TSN. I hear he's a pretty knowledgable guy.

secol
12-31-2007, 09:25 PM
haha.....eat my shorts nuck fans......tied it up already :p

canuckthug
12-31-2007, 09:57 PM
haha.....eat my shorts nuck fans......tied it up already :p

sill 1-1.. lots of hockey left. You guys in Calgary can cancel the celebration. The nucks are on the road.. Heres to a good 2nd and 3rd.:beer::beer:

GO CANUCKS !!

canuckthug
12-31-2007, 11:44 PM
that was awesome....beating Keenan is the icing on the cake.

well... they were more hungry today. they had to be.. the Canucks had a nice 4-0 record against them.. now its 4-1 nucks...

at least they showed up, unlike the back to back avalanche game.
Good JOB CANUCKS..
HAVE A GOOD 2008!

HAPPY NEW YEARS CANUCK FANS ..!!

secol
01-01-2008, 01:01 AM
haha.....I hope you ate my shorts :D

Farmerbob42
01-01-2008, 06:50 PM
nope. lousy game, glad i didn't really pay attention to the last 2 periods.

canuckthug
01-02-2008, 02:27 PM
nope. lousy game, glad i didn't really pay attention to the last 2 periods.

:rolleyes:glad your the "canuck fan" that wanted a new team? :rolleyes:

dude, the flames were ready for the nucks? Plain and simple. They did they're homework. Flames knew the Canuck PP was dominant in the previous 4 and shut them down this time. Made the adjustments. How often do you see the Sedins get hit?? I recall both twins being knocked down with clean hits. Even Naslund was throwin into the side-boards awkwardly.

Nucks were 4-0 against their biggest rivals. Ima canuck till the day i die and never cheer for another team and i knew the canucks were in tough. They didnt play that bad. They had more shots in the last 2 periods outshooting the flames 21-16 who were rested and waiting in their own building.

And Kipper was on. Cutting angles and making big saves.

WinnipegWingnut
01-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Noticed no mention of Jason Jaffrey yet?

Hope you knuckleheads are enjoying watching him, he's been ripping it up with the Moose for a couple of yours now and this is his FIRST call up.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
:rolleyes:glad your the "canuck fan" that wanted a new team? :rolleyes:

dude, the flames were ready for the nucks? Plain and simple. They did they're homework. Flames knew the Canuck PP was dominant in the previous 4 and shut them down this time. Made the adjustments. How often do you see the Sedins get hit?? I recall both twins being knocked down with clean hits. Even Naslund was throwin into the side-boards awkwardly.

Nucks were 4-0 against their biggest rivals. Ima canuck till the day i die and never cheer for another team and i knew the canucks were in tough. They didnt play that bad. They had more shots in the last 2 periods outshooting the flames 21-16 who were rested and waiting in their own building.

And Kipper was on. Cutting angles and making big saves.

Here here! Couldn't have said it better myself. I mean, do people expect we'd go 8-0 against the Flames this year?? Kipper actually played amazing; there was no lack of chances for the Canucks whatsoever. The only reason I still get disappointed after a loss is because of how close the division is. With each single loss, especially to a NW divisional opponent, there's come major ground that the other teams have gained and we've lost. Other than that, I felt fine about the Canucks' effort.

canuckthug
01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Noticed no mention of Jason Jaffrey yet?

Hope you knuckleheads are enjoying watching him, he's been ripping it up with the Moose for a couple of yours now and this is his FIRST call up.

Hes impressive. Quick feet. Looks like a scoring threat. Hopefully he continues to impress.

EDIT: My bad, i was thinking about Mayson Raymond. Raymond looks like a threat but Jaffrey is on his line with Pyatt. Raymond is a moose call up too.

WinnipegWingnut
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Hes impressive. Quick feet. Looks like a scoring threat. Hopefully he continues to impress.

EDIT: My bad, i was thinking about Mayson Raymond. Raymond looks like a threat but Jaffrey is on his line with Pyatt. Raymond is a moose call up too.

Yeah I know... but Raymond has been getting the hype and hasn't played long for the Moose. Jaffrey has, so that's why it's good to see him finally getting a shot after being the Moose's top scoring threat the last two years.

I haven't followed the Nucks much, I know Jaffrey got a goal and an assist in his first game. Then a fight in his second, so was just wondering what you Knuckleheads thought of the guy.

Farmerbob42
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
yeh jaffray has played alright, he seems to be more a play maker, makes a good break out pass. Jaffray would have been called up most likely last year but i believe he was looking for a better contract option that what canucks wanted to give him. Id prefer raymond jaffray and brown to cowan and isbister (plus morrison being out)

and 911, it was a joke, im sorry if you couldn't get it. and too many non hockey fans came over, mostly of the female variety, so i only keep one eye on the game

canuckhockey09
01-08-2008, 03:12 AM
Grabner Kicks into Gear
http://www.canucksfanz.com/all-news/grabner-kicks-into-gear.html

Farmerbob42
01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
hm, dont know if they'll call him up this year, though if another winger is hurt he'd be the likely candidate, Hansen would be the other but he's got a concussion i think. Rypien is also healthy and conditioend again but his lack of durability is the last thing a injury prone canucks team needs

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm really excited about Grabner. I hope he's our next big star draft pick and becomes the Canucks' future sniper.

Farmerbob42
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Nathan McIvar has been recalled......... Luc Bourdon? no? but anyway, its precautionary for some minor injuries apparently so maybe thats why its Ives that was brought up

WinnipegWingnut
01-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Nathan McIvar has been recalled......... Luc Bourdon? no? but anyway, its precautionary for some minor injuries apparently so maybe thats why its Ives that was brought up

Damn you Canucks raping and pillaging the Moose!!!!! hahaha

I know we wont be seeing Jaffrey and Raymond back here anytime soon now. The Moose just brought in some guys from the ECHL that are already looking pretty damn good. I know that's where Burrows and some of the others on the Nucks came from originally.

Farmerbob42
01-08-2008, 06:03 PM
well they just released slettergren or whoever from a PTO. they also have melanson and Blight looks like, havn't heard anything about them... and one other ECHL guy they've brought alone and he's reg member now is Bolduc, plus jaffray and burrows were mucking in the ECHL before the moose found them, and now they're in the NHL

but they need some veteran help, not stop gap band aid ECHLers.

Farmerbob42
01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
haha, oh my ...

http://mattgunn.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/pyatt_superfan2.jpg

WinnipegWingnut
01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
well they just released slettergren or whoever from a PTO. they also have melanson and Blight looks like, havn't heard anything about them... and one other ECHL guy they've brought alone and he's reg member now is Bolduc, plus jaffray and burrows were mucking in the ECHL before the moose found them, and now they're in the NHL

but they need some veteran help, not stop gap band aid ECHLers.

Mike Keane! ;)

Farmerbob42
01-09-2008, 10:53 AM
well, some vet help that can score. if the moose were healthy this year they'd have an awesome team

WinnipegWingnut
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
well, some vet help that can score. if the moose were healthy this year they'd have an awesome team

The Moose are healthy, it's the Canucks that aren't! haha

We actually have a solid team, but it would be even better with all the call ups back.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-09-2008, 03:45 PM
haha, oh my ...

http://mattgunn.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/pyatt_superfan2.jpg

Lol too funny!

Farmerbob42
01-09-2008, 05:38 PM
The Moose are healthy, it's the Canucks that aren't! haha

We actually have a solid team, but it would be even better with all the call ups back.

huh? balej is done for the season, shannon keeps hurting his knee, hansen has concussion problems and genoway and moran missed a few games too. fortunus has missed a few games as well, not as important as the other guys but still a good def. dman. Besides the guys that have been called up the moose have had to use 9 or so guys that probably wouldn't have played if not for injuries. Good thing they've had a couple of decent ECHL prospects to recall. Sooo unless you consider all those player canucks, i'd say you need to follow the moose better.

Imagine if both clubs would have been healthy, though canucks have not seemed to miss cowan and morrison

WinnipegWingnut
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
huh? balej is done for the season, shannon keeps hurting his knee, hansen has concussion problems and genoway and moran missed a few games too. fortunus has missed a few games as well, not as important as the other guys but still a good def. dman. Besides the guys that have been called up the moose have had to use 9 or so guys that probably wouldn't have played if not for injuries. Good thing they've had a couple of decent ECHL prospects to recall. Sooo unless you consider all those player canucks, i'd say you need to follow the moose better.

Imagine if both clubs would have been healthy, though canucks have not seemed to miss cowan and morrison

While I admit I don't follow them much at all, we haven't had injury problems to the point where we are losing because of them from my understanding. The team is healthy in terms of they keep winning, and other than the one guy that is done for the year there isn't really isn't any long term injuries. I don't consider a player missing a few games a year an injury problem, thats the nature of playing a physical game. We really only have Balej that is a major injury, not like last year when Flaherty kept getting hurt all the time and costing us W's.

Farmerbob42
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
shannon and hansen could be long term. and a lot of moose fans were worried, plus with canucks taking players, Ives wasn't needed so im sure he'll be sent down. A nope, they are still doing well, which makes me wonder how'd they do with no injuries. But it does give guys like grabner, simek and labrie some more playing time.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
shannon and hansen could be long term. and a lot of moose fans were worried, plus with canucks taking players, Ives wasn't needed so im sure he'll be sent down. A nope, they are still doing well, which makes me wonder how'd they do with no injuries. But it does give guys like grabner, simek and labrie some more playing time.

Well the Moose get Jaffray back now after the Canucks picked up Kris Beech of waivers. What do you Nux fans think about this pickup? His 9 points in 16 games aint too bad. However, I still wonder why Nonis continues to grab a bunch of third/fourth liners. I mean we have Cowan, Isbister, Ritchie, Burrows, Linden, and now Beech. I'm still hoping that Nonis is gonna pull off a big move for a star player or at least a solid top 6 forward. I had thought about Hossa which I believe is still a possibility but what do you guys think of getting Cheechoo. I hear rumblings here and there about him being expendable on the Sharks and thought that he might be an excellent RW for the Sedins. Thoughts?

WinnipegWingnut
01-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Cheechoo?? I hope not, cause I'll probably see him playing here if you guys do get him.

Send Jaffrey back, we'll take him no problem.

draft51
01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
chris beech!! haha.. lame. he does have decent numbers, tho. wonder where he'll fit.

mrtybrodur30
01-10-2008, 09:52 PM
im fine with keeping cheechoo here in san jose. he will heat up. hopefully its tonight!! :D should be a good game tonight.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-12-2008, 08:47 PM
What a bad game last night! I mean, I'll give the Coyotes credit because they are a good looking darkhorse team this season and definately are not cellar dwellers anymore. Still, the Canucks have been basically unbeatable at home since Nov. 1 (12-0-2) and there was no excuse to lose that game. Not only should Cowan have thought twice before taking that insanely stupid panalty in the first place but Sanford should have had at least 2 of those 4 goals. In fact, I thought it was the two 5 on 3 goals that he should have, despite the 2 man advantage. What bugged me the most was the lack of scoring chances in the last minute to tie it up. I know that teams can't always tie it up in the last minute like that but for God's sakes show some hope! Gain the zone, fire pucks on goal, get traffic in front of the net, do SOMETHING! The Canucks didn't even get a shot on goal in the last minute. I don't think it's necessarily due to lack of effort or heart (although I think that's a small part of it). I just think it's clear the team lacks talent besides the Sedins. And even then, the Sedins are more finesse players and not power forwards with all the fancy moves. All this team needs is a solid top 6 forward! No Mr. Nonis, not Kris Beech, Brad Isbister, or Jeff Cowan! Obviously cap room is an issue and I'm not asking for the manager to pull a sniper out of his ass but I'm tired of him getting 3rd and 4th liners because they "fit with the identity of the team"! I know that we're generally a defense first team but that doesn't mean that there's no place here for a sniper! The lack of scoring on this team cannot to be contributed to bad luck or bad bounces because they're not even getting the shots on goal to create scoring chances in the first place! It's no coincidence that the Canucks are last in the league in shots on goal and are in the bottom third in scoring.

The Canucks will be one of the top teams in the West for awhile all because of our great defensive play and of course the fact we have undoubtedly the best goalie in the league in Luongo. BUT...this team will never be THE top team if we don't get another solid scoring threat. Luongo will always do whatever it takes to win but it doesn't mean he likes to stand on his head every night just so the team can eek out a 2-1 win! When the deadline comes, I'm hoping Nonis will clear some cap room and try to get us a sniper or heaven forbid make a trade!

Sorry for the long post but I just had to get that off my chest. For my fellow Canucks fans, I'm not a bandwagoner and I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate my team. It's just hard watching our team when sometimes it seems we have ZERO talent.

mrtybrodur30
01-12-2008, 09:50 PM
i say nabokov is the best in the league over luongo ;) like sponge said nabokov 4-0 and luongo 0-4 against the sharks this year. which is even sweeter after being at the last regular season game last year in san jose when the sharks tied it in the last minute then lost it seconds into OT! anyways the sharks own luongo this year!!

nyihater4life
01-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I wouldnt count on Cheechoo heating up on the 4th line tonight

mrtybrodur30
01-13-2008, 05:18 AM
I wouldnt count on Cheechoo heating up on the 4th line tonightthat game was over days ago lol

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
i say nabokov is the best in the league over luongo ;) like sponge said nabokov 4-0 and luongo 0-4 against the sharks this year. which is even sweeter after being at the last regular season game last year in san jose when the sharks tied it in the last minute then lost it seconds into OT! anyways the sharks own luongo this year!!

Nabokov is a workhorse and an awesome athlete; a contender for the Hart trophy if you ask me. But it's just comical to suggest Nabokov is a better goalie than Luongo. It's the Sharks that are 4-0 against the Canucks, not just Nabokov. Luongo is being labelled by all the hockey analysts as the best goalie in the world besides Brodeur. Not to mention Luongo's stats are better, albeit not by much.

Farmerbob42
01-13-2008, 07:20 PM
raymond was sent down and rypien called up, now i dont know about other fans, but i'd say canucks need some scoring help, yeh raymond only has 3 goals but he does generate some chances, more so then rypien, but oh well. Raymond playing top mins on the moose is good for the development.

As for beech. I see it as a depth move and trying a band aid type move, free and low cap hit. He's been playing ok and looked decent for never even practicing with the team yet. prospects like raymond dont need to go through waivers so picking up beech adds to their depth and options depending on what moves they decide to make or waive someone *cough* cowan. I've heard people saying to waive isbister but when in a checking role with kelser he's been excellent.

as for the general state of the canucks, i liked that finally the players bailed lu out of a shaky start. Sanford, yeh it'd be nice to win and they didn't play the best but eih, cant win em all. They do need some kind of physical RW to compliment the sedins, pyatt is too inconsistent and doesn't use his size as much as he should and naslund really shouldn't have to use the sedins to play anywhere near decent.

I think they also should try grabner at some point, see what he can do at the next level before deciding on what moves to make

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
raymond was sent down and rypien called up, now i dont know about other fans, but i'd say canucks need some scoring help, yeh raymond only has 3 goals but he does generate some chances, more so then rypien, but oh well. Raymond playing top mins on the moose is good for the development.

As for beech. I see it as a depth move and trying a band aid type move, free and low cap hit. He's been playing ok and looked decent for never even practicing with the team yet. prospects like raymond dont need to go through waivers so picking up beech adds to their depth and options depending on what moves they decide to make or waive someone *cough* cowan. I've heard people saying to waive isbister but when in a checking role with kelser he's been excellent.

as for the general state of the canucks, i liked that finally the players bailed lu out of a shaky start. Sanford, yeh it'd be nice to win and they didn't play the best but eih, cant win em all. They do need some kind of physical RW to compliment the sedins, pyatt is too inconsistent and doesn't use his size as much as he should and naslund really shouldn't have to use the sedins to play anywhere near decent.

I think they also should try grabner at some point, see what he can do at the next level before deciding on what moves to make

I like your ideas and I'm the last person in the world that will disagree with you about the Canucks' need for scoring help. I just hope Nonis makes a big splash at the deadline this year. I would love to see the Canucks get Martin St. Louis somehow. With Tampa Bay doing really bad this year, I think Feaster finally has his motivation to break up the big 3 and St. Louis is the odd man out.

Farmerbob42
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
and give what for him?

Ive always liked justin williams, thought he'd play well on the canucks oh well... we'll see, i hope they dont trade all the top picks this year though

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
and give what for him?

Ive always liked justin williams, thought he'd play well on the canucks oh well... we'll see, i hope they dont trade all the top picks this year though

Me too. It's a real shame that both Morrison and Bieksa are injured because I believe those are two key players that would be involved in any trade the Canucks make. Bieksa especially since many teams are looking for a young, tough defenseman that can score. Morrison is also a solid second line center that would be valuable to any team by providing depth down the middle.

Basically, my wish list consists of a solid top 6 or even top line winger (preferably a RW) as a compliment to the Sedins on the top line. The best three reasonable examples that I suggest are St. Louis (least likely of the 3), Hossa, or Cheechoo. I'm a fan of Naslund and would like to keep him here as a second liner for say 1.5 or 2 mil which means a cheap yet solid second line C as a replacement for Morrison would also be on my wishlist. Who knows, Beech could fill that role if he shows he can score.

Farmerbob42
01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
i really dont know what AV is doing latley... obviously its not working. Linden sitting for 3 games in a row, sending down brown and keeping cowan in the lineup, naslund on a checking line.... oi

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
i really dont know what AV is doing latley... obviously its not working. Linden sitting for 3 games in a row, sending down brown and keeping cowan in the lineup, naslund on a checking line.... oi

I know eh! I respect him as a coach tremendously and I respect his defense first system but when he admits that this team's game plan is to win games 3-2 and 2-1 etc. he's also admitting the team's lack of scoring and the fact they HAVE to rely on Roberto Luongo to win games. What happens when Luongo lets in 3 like he has the past few games? Do we just have to accept it as an automatic loss then? Apparently so...

Farmerbob42
01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
they played a more wide open game later into the detroit game and stuck with them. Cowan on the 2/3 on 1 made me want to cry, he didn't pass it to naslund, he shot... what was cowan doing with naslund anyway? And they sat beech, i thought he was doing ok, linden played but too many mins id say. i didn't even watch most of the game, until they do something trade wise its just frustrating to watch

canuckthug
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM

I dont understand his shootout selection... Pyatt again.. dude is wearing a cage!!! lol.... gotta throw Hank or Daniel out there at least once every shootout imo.

Farmerbob42
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
apparently they dont do well in SOs, but id try them again, hell kesler is 1-7 and he keeps getting chances.

canuckthug
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
they played a more wide open game later into the detroit game and stuck with them. Cowan on the 2/3 on 1 made me want to cry, he didn't pass it to naslund, he shot... what was cowan doing with naslund anyway? And they sat beech, i thought he was doing ok, linden played but too many mins id say. i didn't even watch most of the game, until they do something trade wise its just frustrating to watch

3rd period was back and forth bigtime, almost pulled a muscle just watching... I dont see whats frustrating about the Sedins doing their thing in the offensive zone almost every other shift. Pyatt seems to be the flavor of the week right now. Also, the Cooker, Kesler, Burrows line is quality. Forchecking 101. That line works, period. Last year, in the playoffs, we had both Cooke and Kes out, I knew we were in trouble. Trust me, if the Canucks go into the playoffs healthy, they will go far!!

Farmerbob42
01-18-2008, 12:17 PM
i did watch the last period, that was decent. just coaching decisions mostly. I did see that one move by daniel that was sick but he didn't shoot! bah

canuckthug
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
i agree with the frustrating coaching decisions by Alain. Too much line juggling... If he switches the Cooke, Kesler, Burrows line, its hair pulling time for me. Who do you think should play with Naslund right now? Hes been way better from last season and one solid acquisition could be just what the doctor ordered. Not sure about the Morrison injury timeline??? Im optomistic he will return, same with Bieksa. I think the break from Morrisons iron man streak will rejuvinate his play once he comes back.

U have the:
Sedin Sedin (anyone) line
The Nazzy line ???
Cooke, Kesler, Burrows
Linden line?? aka 4th line players line.

Once the D is healthy... solid .

Goaltending.,, top notch.

These divisional matchups are gonna be huge down the stretch. The NOrthwest is always so tight.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
i agree with the frustrating coaching decisions by Alain. Too much line juggling... If he switches the Cooke, Kesler, Burrows line, its hair pulling time for me. Who do you think should play with Naslund right now? Hes been way better from last season and one solid acquisition could be just what the doctor ordered. Not sure about the Morrison injury timeline??? Im optomistic he will return, same with Bieksa. I think the break from Morrisons iron man streak will rejuvinate his play once he comes back.

U have the:
Sedin Sedin (anyone) line
The Nazzy line ???
Cooke, Kesler, Burrows
Linden line?? aka 4th line players line.

Once the D is healthy... solid .

Goaltending.,, top notch.

These divisional matchups are gonna be huge down the stretch. The NOrthwest is always so tight.

Exactly! We need that one top 6 or even top 3 forward who is a proven scorer. I'm not talking about a Dumont or a Ryder or an Anson Carter; I'm talking a serious scorer. A perfect example that I've been throwing around for a long time now is Marion Hossa. This is a guy who becomes a FA in July that clearly wants to move as he has not signed with the Thrashers yet. He got 100 points last year and is the game breaker that the Canucks need. I know Pyatt is a good fit with the Sedins and provides a big body and all that jazz but the fact is ladies and gentleman, Taylor Pyatt is not the answer to our scoring struggles lol.

About the game last night, it got really entertaining in the third. Too bad we couldn't capitalize in the shootout.

Farmerbob42
01-19-2008, 02:09 AM
i wanted them to sign ryan smyth in the off season, now that'd been sweet.

Sure hossa woud be good but realistically i dont think he's gonna be worth it. I'd rather then find two kinda cheap but scoring RWs. I believe their only true RW is cowan, oi. Naslund shouldn't have to play with the sedins to produce, but he doesn't seem to make his linemates better either. He shouldn't be on a checking line, if you have kesler with naslund then put raymond with them or something to make a scoring line. Isbister has been solid with kesler and burrows i think it was at the beginning of the year too. Brown and linden should be playing, cowan should not and ritchie should see less ice, especailly pp time, him on the point scares me. at the moment pyatt is hindered with the face mask, maybe try raymond with the sedins for a bit, it is more line juggling but sadly they have to at the moment, id like to just stick with what works once you find it...

why no dumont? i think he'd be a decent acquisition, he'll be a 20 goal scorer for 4 years in a row and perhaps actually kept for the future. I think thats the type of deal they should be looking at making, something to build on for next year. just checked, he is a UFA next year...

also, if bieksa isn't ready to go or has a set back, they may need to find some offensive help for the blueline, mitchell on the pp is really sad...

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
i wanted them to sign ryan smyth in the off season, now that'd been sweet.

Sure hossa woud be good but realistically i dont think he's gonna be worth it. I'd rather then find two kinda cheap but scoring RWs. I believe their only true RW is cowan, oi. Naslund shouldn't have to play with the sedins to produce, but he doesn't seem to make his linemates better either. He shouldn't be on a checking line, if you have kesler with naslund then put raymond with them or something to make a scoring line. Isbister has been solid with kesler and burrows i think it was at the beginning of the year too. Brown and linden should be playing, cowan should not and ritchie should see less ice, especailly pp time, him on the point scares me. at the moment pyatt is hindered with the face mask, maybe try raymond with the sedins for a bit, it is more line juggling but sadly they have to at the moment, id like to just stick with what works once you find it...

why no dumont? i think he'd be a decent acquisition, he'll be a 20 goal scorer for 4 years in a row and perhaps actually kept for the future. I think thats the type of deal they should be looking at making, something to build on for next year. just checked, he is a UFA next year...

also, if bieksa isn't ready to go or has a set back, they may need to find some offensive help for the blueline, mitchell on the pp is really sad...

I dunno...I guess I just think that with the system AV preaches, a Dumont or a Ryder wouldn't cut it, know what I mean? I just imagine bringing one of those guys in and he wouldn't do any better than Pyatt or Naslund. I believe this team needs that big name player with big skill; a game breaker. We don't have much in terms of surrounding talent so we need someone that can create some serious offense on their own or someone that can make players around him better. That way, the team could have a solid goalie to rely on when they're not scoring and an offensive threat to rely on if Luongo has a mediocre game. Again, with the players we have, something tells me Dumont won't be the guy to bust in through the defense or make a pretty play to score a last minute goal...Who knows, I could be way off. Maybe all we need is a cheaper 25-30 goal scorer. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

Hoping for a great game against the Kings btw. A home game on HNIC really gets me giddy! If we lose this game however, especially if it's like 3-2 or 4-1, the team has some serious issues to address.

Farmerbob42
01-20-2008, 12:32 PM
well i agree, i would rather have hossa than ryder or dumont but i think realistically its likely to be a player of the latter variety. or they'd have to give so much up that it'd be unwise to make that move. they have young guys that are hopefully gonna make the team next year and ditch some salary in order to hopefully sign some offense. With edler coming up maybe deal bieksa cos he'll be cutting into that available salary next year

I dont get the use of beech. He scores a goal and then is scratched, he then plays 5 mins only and still gets an assist. He now has 2 pts in 4 games with limited ice time, maybe give him another shot getting some mins.

Linden should play exactly 10 mins a game hah, every game he's scored a goal he has over 10 mins toi.

and bah! LA owns vancouver this year hah

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Dude...some serious issues starting to arise with this team like I said. The people who are sporting rose coloured glasses can be content with the fact that we got 46 shots and all but the fact is it all comes down to finish. The difference between mediocre players and good players is finish. Burrows had 6 shots on Labarbera yesterday; put an accomplished player in his place and that guy will have a goal or two. Lot's of fans still hide behind Luongo and think that scoring 2-3 goals is more than enough offense because we have him in net. WRONG! We can't expect Luongo to steal every game; he's only human.

We ar 0-16-2 when trailing after 2 periods. Lot's of people think that's due to lack of heart or effort but I don't think so. This team is one that prides itself on their effort and desire to win. Look at last night's game. It was entertaining and you could tell they were trying; the shots are indicitave of that. The real reason we have that horrible comeback record is because of a supreme lack of talent. We don't have the personnel that can step it up and get that tying goal. Think of it this way...we all know the Canucks are a defensive minded team and that we often play close, 1 goal games. So let's say of the 18 games that we've trailed after 2 periods, 12 of them we've been behind only 1 goal. In all of those 12 games, this team hasn't been able to come up with that ONE GOAL to tie.

I'm not gonna go on too much more because my post is getting lengthy as it is lol. But I might quickly add that I just learned Martin St. Louis' contract structure could fit the Canucks salry cap well. He makes 6 mill this year, 5 mill the next, and 4 mill the following 2 years. Because Tampa is likely gonna miss the playoffs and the fact that they're losing season is all due to their lack of quality defense and goaltending, this might be a great opportunity for a trade. Heaven knows we have defense to spare and we could use a forward of St. Louis' calibre. Just some food for thought...

Farmerbob42
01-22-2008, 01:26 AM
this is now getting brutal.... they havn't scored first in a good handful of games, and longest slump in a while. yet the fans still come, the canucks have been content to be mediocre for a long time and will always have sellouts. a deal needs to be made soon if not now.

I wonder what would have happened if we traded for recchi for a conditional pick or off waivers... he's from bc and doing well on atlanta... hmm, oh well

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
It is getting brutal and it's the getting to be the same story game in and game out. The Canucks fall behind 1 or 2 goals and at the last minute manage to catch up a bit but ultimately lose the game. It's so pathetic but it's a fact: it is literally impossible for the Canucks to overcome a 2 goal or even just a 1 goal deficit. Again, the Canucks got 40 shots on goal yesterday. That's 2 straight games with 40+ SOG and both regulation losses. The utter lack of talent on this team is absolutely disgraceful!

Anyways by now I'm just repeating the same thing for the thousandth time lol. Nonis: get a deal done soon!

canuckthug
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Before anyone walks the plank, remember that this is the same team that dominated last season (after xmas). Having said that, a majority of those victories were by the slimmest of margins ---> 1 goal. In the end, I completely agree, this team needs reinforcments and scoring but this squad should still be able to win now. I hope they get a player or two before the deadline just not right now. There is no excuse losing to the Kings (the worst place Kings) on home ice! I think this team can win games and play at a high level but they just have to work through this. Nobody was calling for Nonis head when the NUcks were in 1st. This is how hockey in Canada works... when your team loses, trade trade trade...

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Before anyone walks the plank, remember that this is the same team that dominated last season (after xmas). Having said that, a majority of those victories were by the slimmest of margins ---> 1 goal. In the end, I completely agree, this team needs reinforcments and scoring but this squad should still be able to win now. I hope they get a player or two before the deadline just not right now. There is no excuse losing to the Kings (the worst place Kings) on home ice! I think this team can win games and play at a high level but they just have to work through this. Nobody was calling for Nonis head when the NUcks were in 1st. This is how hockey in Canada works... when your team loses, trade trade trade...

I definately see your point but for me personally, even when they were in 1st, I was still just as concerned about their lack of scoring as I am now. I just wasn't very vocal about it because we were winning lol. At least when we were doing well, the Sedins and Naslund were together to form our top line and that was actually a quality first line. Pyatt was also clicking with the callups, Raymond and Jaffray, while taking on a leadership role. Having come to their senses and called up Jaffray again today, I'm hoping the coaching staff uses the lines that made us so successful the last couple months:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Naslund - legit first line that scored often
Pyatt - Jaffray - Raymond - callups have chemistry together
Cooke - Kesler - Burrows - best line recently; lots of chances and energetic
Brown - Ritchie - Linden - or any other combo of the various pluggers we have although I really like Brown

canuckthug
01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I definately see your point but for me personally, even when they were in 1st, I was still just as concerned about their lack of scoring as I am now. I just wasn't very vocal about it because we were winning lol. At least when we were doing well, the Sedins and Naslund were together to form our top line and that was actually a quality first line. Pyatt was also clicking with the callups, Raymond and Jaffray, while taking on a leadership role. Having come to their senses and called up Jaffray again today, I'm hoping the coaching staff uses the lines that made us so successful the last couple months:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Naslund - legit first line that scored often
Pyatt - Jaffray - Raymond - callups have chemistry together
Cooke - Kesler - Burrows - best line recently; lots of chances and energetic
Brown - Ritchie - Linden - or any other combo of the various pluggers we have although I really like Brown

Cool, they brought back Jaffray. Those lines look good and maybe the coach could put Naslund with the rookies and Pyatt back with the twins. Anything to find some consistent goal scoring!! We need a nice 6-1 victory or something... lol

GO NUCKS!! (huge game today --- last game for a looooong time)

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Cool, they brought back Jaffray. Those lines look good and maybe the coach could put Naslund with the rookies and Pyatt back with the twins. Anything to find some consistent goal scoring!! We need a nice 6-1 victory or something... lol

GO NUCKS!! (huge game today --- last game for a looooong time)

Bingo! Here's for a solid outright win, hopefully with a nice amount of goals!

Farmerbob42
01-24-2008, 01:37 AM
well even when they were in first it was just luongo playing awesomely and the canucks chipping in with a few goals every now and then. plus coaching was being less of a problem, now the decisions av is making is getting strange... Linden should be playing, linden over cowan seems like an easy decision. naslund played 14 mins or something against minny, ouch. He's found lines that have worked, stick with something, just form a plan and stick with it for a bit. Edler should not be in a SO for a while now, that experiment is over. and look at daniel's move, how many times have we seen him in the SOs? he might not have done well in the past or whatever but kesler was 1-7 or something, gah.

welcome back ohlund! though kraijeck didn't look too promising :S

canuckthug
01-24-2008, 03:38 AM
well even when they were in first it was just luongo playing awesomely and the canucks chipping in with a few goals every now and then. plus coaching was being less of a problem, now the decisions av is making is getting strange... Linden should be playing, linden over cowan seems like an easy decision. naslund played 14 mins or something against minny, ouch. He's found lines that have worked, stick with something, just form a plan and stick with it for a bit. Edler should not be in a SO for a while now, that experiment is over. and look at daniel's move, how many times have we seen him in the SOs? he might not have done well in the past or whatever but kesler was 1-7 or something, gah.

welcome back ohlund! though kraijeck didn't look too promising :S

Luongo is Luongo, no real canuck fan can expect more from him. Its the rest of the team that needs to step.... wasnt 6-1 but still 2 beautiful points !!

Refer to post #74... Alain should put #33 or #22 at least once every shootout. Shootout Slumps.. struggles... fuck that shit.. throw them in there!!!!! that was a beauty... only saw it once... instant celebration.lol
How could he not put Ohlund in the shootout?? or did he... only caught brief highlights on TSN. Guy beat their goalie twice in regulation and he gets the stiff arm. Fucken unbelievable IMO... Pyatt again, If he was wearing a cage im gonna punch Veignuetyt in the Juggular.

Im celebrating this WIN for approximately 5-6 dayz... (we were struggling bad)

GO NUCKS

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm pleased with the win yesterday but the win is just as indicative of our need for scoring as a loss would be. If Luongo doesn't stand on his head in the third period, Boyes or Tkachuk scores and the Canucks lose another game 3-2 in regulation; we wouldn't have come back to tie it 3-3.

Nevertheless, an outstanding shootout goal by Daniel Sedin! That's worth a spot in the top 3 shooters next time we're in a shootout. Luongo also showed last night why he's our MVP, even though he's struggled the last little while. Also, praises for Henrik Sedin who continues to be right there at the top of the league in setups for the third straight season. He has 42 assists on the year so far putting him in a tie with Big Joe for second in the NHL. Behind Luongo, he's our second most valuable player imo.

Farmerbob42
01-24-2008, 11:12 PM
ohlund's goals weren't that spectacular though i dont think, i wouldn't put him in the SO

canuckthug
01-25-2008, 03:25 AM
ohlund's goals weren't that spectacular though i dont think, i wouldn't put him in the SO

i would consider him an option if he continues to score in regulation... i think you go with your regulars (see post #74) and then the guys who deserve to get a shot.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
So, word is the Canucks are looking hard at Erik Cole. This makes a lot of sense as the Canes are in desperate need of defense and on top of that really need to improve their PK. Also, it has been said that the Canucks are actively shopping Bourdon. Bourdon is the type of prospect that I imagine greatly intrigues a team like the Hurricanes. Hopefully Nonis is able to work something out with Rutherford. Erik Cole is the kind of game breaker I was talking about; a guy who can put the team on his back do it on his own. We witnessed that first hand in last year's game against the Canes...remember that Canucks fans?? All we have to do after that is sign Forsberg and then we have a contending team!

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Cole
Naslund - Forsberg - Pyatt

Those would likely be our top 2 lines...not bad eh!

Farmerbob42
01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
cole is a LH shot but id still take him, also he signed for next year so its not just a rental and at 4mil(?) i think its not bad. And with edler stepping up they can afford to lose bourdon and with lu they could lose schnieds too

Hobbes
01-27-2008, 06:15 PM
All we have to do after that is sign Forsberg and then we have a contending team!

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Cole
Naslund - Forsberg - Pyatt

Those would likely be our top 2 lines...not bad eh!

That would be great...but the odds of them getting both are very low. I think Forsberg said a while ago he wouldn't play with any of Colorado's rivals out of loyalty to them. I know things change, but I'd say it's more likely he ends up in a place like Philadelphia.

I haven't heard anything about the Cole thing but that would be great for the Canucks. Only thing is Carolina is probably going to want a player that can help them now, rather than Bourdon who's still a ways off from being a contributing player in the NHL.

Farmerbob42
01-29-2008, 07:35 PM
give them cooke :D

yeh, nonis has said hes looking for a young (ish) winger who wouldn't be a rental player. cole fits into most of that haha. i thought he was younger than 29.

Oh my... Mitchell has been playing with a stress fracture in his vertebrae, ouch. 9 games apparently, hes now gonna take some time off. Id say now would be a time to bring in luc to see what his future will hold... or at least a better indication

Farmerbob42
02-01-2008, 01:51 AM
this is just getting sad. so much for depth at D, with canucks style not gonna do well with mciver, bourdon and weaver in the top 6, oh my, if edler didn't step up they'd be incredible screwed.

Linden screwed over again. Ritchie on the pp? ritchie of 2 goals. Luongo seems burnt out. they got nothing. its brutal, and if they cant make trades, they gotta get it right from the summer out. Meanwhile, if they want to re-sign sedins they are getting more expensive everyday cos they are the only guys who can rack up pts. They gotta do something, or they are missing the playoffs and wasted another year with a premier goalie.

has a coach won a jack adams and then been fired the next year? cos i think AV is losing the team, and making really really poor decisions.

no matter how much linden has lost over the years he is better than cowan! gah!

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I have to admit AV has to start taking some of the blame now. I've always loved this guy and believe he actually deserved the Jack Adams last season (aka I don't think Luongo won it for him). However, his decision to constantly play Cowan over Linden is just mind boggling! I honestly don't think that Linden is too old to play every game. He's fine to play every game and he'd love to play every game. Why else do you think he took a big paycut to play here? Even if AV MUST scratch Linden every other game for some reason, why continue to play Cowan?? Just waive or at least bench this useless SOB!

Honestly, at this point I'd rather the Canucks tank the season, become sellers, and prime themselves for a good draft and a shopping spree in the offseason. I'm not being a bandwagoner, I'm just thinking this is the better road for the Canucks as of now. Even if we do it make it into the playoffs, unless Nonis acquires Forsberg or Hossa, it will be because Luongo stood on his head and played Superman to steal us a spot and that's not how contenders enter the postseason. Defense wins championships but not defense with NO offense. The fact the Canucks couldn't beat (let alone beat up) the worst team in the East, the second worst team in the NHL, and the worst defensive team in the league is testament to the fact they are absolutely nothing without an in-form Luongo. It's embarrassing really. We made the Lightning look like an elite team last night; utterly pathetic. Again, this is the worst defensive team in the league and the Canucks made it look like a chore to set up for a scoring chance. I mean, they had 4 shots in the first period!!

Anyways I better stop ranting before I use too much bandwidth lol. Nonis, do something between now and the deadline or have a VERY productive offseason or else you will lose the greatest asset we have in Roberto Luongo.

Farmerbob42
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
it should be an interesting game with possibly 5/6 of the starting top 6 d out, they called up zach fitzgerald to add to the list of dman that shouldn't be on the team hah. I almost am thinking its time to be sellers, or buy something soon.

Farmerbob42
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
well they played better than i expected, and linden hit the post on the SO, ooo. Alrighty so why is edler still being selected? id give raymond another chance.

Hobbes
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
well they played better than i expected, and linden hit the post on the SO, ooo. Alrighty so why is edler still being selected? id give raymond another chance.

Yes, Edler seems to be making the same move as he did earlier (where he skates to side so he can come in on an angle) and goalies seem to have figured out that move. I'm also tired of seeing Pyatt in the shootout...what is he for this year now? 1 for 9?

Ohlund is playing tonight so at least they won't have to rely so much on the call-ups.

Agreed about Linden. He isn't great but he definitely contributes more than Cowan.

Avaholic
02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Don't mean to jump in your thread, just really looking forward to Saturday's game. I had tickets towards the beginning of the season for this one (and was pumped to see Vancouver for the 1st time) but had to ditch them bc of business. :mad:

Should be a really tight checking game with goals at a premium. I wonder if Peter the Great is keeping an eye on this one to weigh in on his decision?? :D

My money is 70/30 Philly/Colorado, but I still hold out some hope, especially with the "I'd feel like a traitor (going to Detroit) talk." And history has shown Super Joe (ok, Burnaby Joe for now) to be a GREAT motivational speaker...;)

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Don't mean to jump in your thread, just really looking forward to Saturday's game. I had tickets towards the beginning of the season for this one (and was pumped to see Vancouver for the 1st time) but had to ditch them bc of business. :mad:

Should be a really tight checking game with goals at a premium. I wonder if Peter the Great is keeping an eye on this one to weigh in on his decision?? :D

My money is 70/30 Philly/Colorado, but I still hold out some hope, especially with the "I'd feel like a traitor (going to Detroit) talk." And history has shown Super Joe (ok, Burnaby Joe for now) to be a GREAT motivational speaker...;)

Yeah, it should be a great game! I'm really impressed with how Theo has stepped up for you guys and allowed you to win some games without your top 3 forwards. This will be a very important game though, for the Canucks especially.

Farmerbob42
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
should be good, both teams kinda hurting with injuries but always a good game

jennilou
02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
brutal 1st period

CanuckleHead604
02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Someone forgot to tell the Canucks the start time of this game...wtf.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-10-2008, 01:33 AM
I am by no means a bandwagoner but I'm sick and tired what this team does on the ice these days. Our only win in the last little while was against the Thrashers; a 2-1 in which we just scraped by. Yes, we scraped by the lowly Atlanta Thrashers. The two wins in who knows how many games prior to that were both shootout wins over St. Louis. Utterly digusting...

Avaholic
02-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Good Game. :D

I will admit that you guys won what seemed like every single fight. BUT, I'll take the scoreboard victory every time.

The key to the game seemed like the Vancouver defensemen were not clearing bodies from the front of the net.

canuckthug
02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Good Game. :D

I will admit that you guys won what seemed like every single fight. BUT, I'll take the scoreboard victory every time.

The key to the game seemed like the Vancouver defensemen were not clearing bodies from the front of the net.

That 2nd goal the Avs scored was BS. Sure he worked hard but he clearly high sticked Ritchie (or someone) and then proceeded to put home the GARBAGE! It was an off nite. Your team was better. The nucks wont let it happen again. But your team has Statsny coming back next game and the way Theodore is playing, the Avs could get dangerous. I still say the Canucks will take the division. :beer:

jennilou
02-11-2008, 12:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=evl59relDZs&feature=user

canuckthug
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Did anyone watch the Hawks game last nite?? Chicago is way more dangerous with Toews in the lineup. Hawks scored a bigtime fluke goal in the 3rd but the Canucks managed to esacpe with 2 points. The Chicago Network (comcast) tryed to pull the old curse strategy before the 3rd... lol They flashed this intersting stat that i was unaware of: The nucks are 20-0-0 when leading after two!! The only team in the league to remain perfect when entering the 3rd with a lead. Nice try Comcast!

The Canucks will turn things around. I presonally think they just played the worst part of the season during this last stretch. When does Willie Mitchell come back?? That guy is the canucks best shutdown D-Man.

jennilou
02-11-2008, 12:15 PM
We really do need Mitchell back.

I'm hearing possibly back on Thurs vs Minny

Hobbes
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I think i heard he will be practicing within the next couple of days.

Chicago's second goal was definitely a crazy one. With the Canucks offensive problems I wasn't expecting a comeback after that one went in.

Nineoneone, I don't share your optimism about the Canucks winning the division but it's definitely possible. As bad as they have been they are definitely still in it, and the last month of the season is pretty much all divisional games so if they get hot at the right moment...

I just think the team has too many problems to go on a stretch like that. I know it happened last year but I'm just no that optimistic. :\

jennilou
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not that optimistic either.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Yesterday's game is an example of what could be a turning point for Naslund. Under all the scrutiny and expectations, he's been able to come out and have very good games once in a while (the hat trick against Minny comes to mind) but yesterday's game wast his BEST of the entire season. Why? He didn't just look dangerous offensively but he forechecked hard, threw a few hits, and also showed lot's of passion! That game yesterday is theytype of game that really sparks players that are in a big funk and when I say big funk, I don't mean the last few games or the last month or whatever. I am referring to the last souple seasons that Naslund has not looked or played like the superstar he is, with the exception of a couple good games now and then.

Here's to hoping Naslund, and the Sedin's for that matter, start to go on a tear after this game. Consistent scoring from the top line is extra important for a team like the Canucks that doesn't score a lot.

Farmerbob42
02-13-2008, 10:35 PM
i've really noticed his back checking recently, good to see

and mitchell looks to be back soon, kraijeck may be done for the season though

jennilou
02-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Hell of a tilt with the Oil tonight

Farmerbob42
02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
that was crazy, haha. burrows getting hit and one handed slash of the oiler player and his reaction to the slash, serves you right. Burrows had 25 pim i think haha. it was good paced game too.

apparently on after hours dave nonis said he had two deals to be completed by the weekend. and edler and kesler wont be moved. didn't see it since i watched in a pub but thats what i've read

canuckthug
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Huge game vs the Wild!
Now they move 1 point closer to them but lots of work left.

GO NUCKS !!!

canuckthug
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Lukas Krajicek is done for the season but Bieksa should be back soon.

Defenceman Kevin Bieksa is expected to play for the Manitoba Moose on a conditioning stint Tuesday. The Canucks are hopeful he'll be able to return to the NHL next week. - TSN

Farmerbob42
02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
i think he's playing tonight for the moose

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I've been quite impressed with the Canucks lately, especially in that game against Edmonton! The top line has been dynamite and Luongo has been better. He could still be much better though...

Hoping for a solid regulation win against the Preds tonight! Also hoping Nazzy continues to score so that he can reach the 30 goal mark!

Farmerbob42
02-21-2008, 06:02 PM
its def. been better lately, mitchell eating up those mins really helps. now they just have to ditch cowan and find a second line RWer

Hobbes
02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
On the team 1040 today, Bob McKenzie said the Canucks are interested in Brad Richards. To me, he wouldn't be the greatest fit. He'd basically be in the same situation here as he is in Tampa Bay, where he'd be playing on the second line with no real help around him.

Plus his cap hit for the next two years is pretty scary. And they don't really need a Centre, since when Morrison gets back where does he go? A winger is MUCH more of a priority.

Farmerbob42
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
well i think a move for richards would mean looking to the future and obviously the end of morrison. but yeh, that cap hit is scary, plus they'd probably have to give up some young guys they'd need to fit in the holes caused by the cap hit hah. I would think he'd play with pyatt and maybe kesler...

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-21-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm also a little wary of getting Brad Richards and agree that a winger is a bigger priority for the Canucks. However, acquiring Richards means we're getting some serious offense which is, as we all know, what the Canucks really need. The question is, does Morrison get included in the trade or does he get ditched in the off season? Either way, he won't be a Canuck next season if we do in fact get Richards.

walker42500
02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
I was at the game tonight. Luongo was very impressive, I couldn't believe that one save he had in the first.

Tough loss for the Preds, but at least we got a point.

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-22-2008, 03:07 AM
3 in a row baby!!

The Ikea line had a shitty game but I was really impressed by our rookies, especially Raymond (what a nice goal on the deke then backhand)! I must admit I had my doubts at first but the Cooke-Raymond-Shannon line has been awesome! OF course Luongo showed his true colours tonight as well.

Here's to a great game against the Wings on Saturday and HNIC!!

Farmerbob42
02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
i'd have put raymond on the SO more often this year. He cant be worse than pyatt at 1/10 and edler has been put out way too often. and once again linden is sitting in place of cowan who plays 5 mins and could have used in the SO, good thing they didn't need him though, cos if naslund or sedins had to shoot i dont think they'd score with the game they were having. Im glad they won that game for lu's sake hah, but ouch to the defence, guess they are a bit rusty with both mitchell and bieksa just coming back

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
It was another awesome game against the Wings on Saturday! I can't believe their 4 game win streak is the longest so far this season but oh well, let's keep it going boys! Kesler, with 2 awesome goals that night, looks like he's going to quietly put up a solid 20 goal season and Luongo is coming back into form nicely the last 2 games. Hopefully he's warming himself up for the playoffs and that he'll be at his best when it really counts!

Have to admit though, I'm worried about the Avs game on Wednesday. I was pretty confident in a win until today when I found out they signed Foppa. With Sakic, Smyth, and Stastny back...talk about a loaded roster! Luongo, Kes, and the defense will have to be at their very best on Wednesday! Also, in terms of offense, let's hope the Canucks counter the Avs with a possible Brad Richards acquisition. I know I'll be up at 5 tomorrow watchin TSN...will you?

Farmerbob42
02-26-2008, 05:40 PM
i got up at 7 and watched for an hour, then had to go to school, didn't miss a whole lot, poor guys having to fill time in from 5-8 haha. There is no stopping the canucks with pettinger!

canuckthug
02-26-2008, 06:49 PM
They traded Cooke... I dont like that move. He has some dirty hits on his resume but he is a good forechecker. Gonna miss the cooker.

Pettinger??

Hobbes
02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Cooke hasn't done a lot this year anyway (even forechecking - I haven't noticed him much). Plus with guys like Burrows getting more ice time, Cooke's role is pretty limited.

Don't know much about Pettinger, but he does seem to have a BIT of offensive upside (even if he hasn't shown it this year). 20 goals in 2006, 16 in 2007. And apparently he plays a fairly similar style to Cooke, so I don't mind the trade. It's basically a gamble on Pettinger getting back to his 15 - 20 goal pace. Cooke wasn't doing much, so why not? :\

Farmerbob42
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
i think he led washington in hits too, those goals probably came on a much more shallow team, chris clark put up decent numbers last year too. pettinger is averaging 2.5 mins less this year than last too.

Hobbes
02-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Deflating loss for the Canucks tonight...

Pretty cool to see that guy win a million dollars though. :D

Fighting Moose
02-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Deflating loss for the Canucks tonight...

Pretty cool to see that guy win a million dollars though. :D

Deflating for the Nucks and HUGE HUGE for the AVS... 2 extra time wins for the Avs in a row. Nobody has a bigger heart than Burnaby Joe.

Hobbes
02-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Oh definitely big wins for the Avs. Especially since both were divisional games. It's going to be a close race until the end - the last few weeks of the season are pretty much all divisional games, so the third seed is still up for grabs.

Another thing about the Canucks...the Sedins and Naslund were absolutely terrible tonight.

Core
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
You know I didn't really care who won last night. All I was hoping for was no OT, but of course another 3 point game. I can imagine the NW Division going right down to the last day and again having the division decided by 1 point.

canuckthug
02-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I agree. Very tough loss. I wonder how they will rebound. I had to listen to some Johnny Cash after that loss. It helped! (a little). Burnaby Joe --> why does he torture the Canucks year after year!?! The Avalanche will be the best team in the league down the stretch. But what do i know, i thought the Pens were destined to fall outta the playoff picture without Sid.. ...

Can the Canucks still win the division? They have 19 games left with 10 divisional games. But its getting weird/ridiculous how in one or two games the Nucks could be division leaders:beer:to 1 point out of the playoffs...:\

Next game, Leap year day vs the Blue Jackets.
GO NUCKS!

jennilou
03-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Blew another godamned lead.

Mind you pretty pass and play by Pyatt and Linden to get Shannon a nice goal.

Farmerbob42
03-01-2008, 06:34 PM
im liking shannon a lot, its too bad he was sent down to begin with, if he hadn't had got hurt i think it would have helped quite a bit

Hobbes
03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
ANOTHER terrible game so far. This is seriously the worst I've seen the Sedins play since at least the lockout. I thought the last couple games were bad, but they've looked even worse today.

Hopefully they can get this turned around...

Anyone know how much longer Morrison is supposed to be out?

jennilou
03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Can't wait to clear some salary off the books for next season.

canuckthug
03-03-2008, 12:51 PM
ANOTHER terrible game so far. This is seriously the worst I've seen the Sedins play since at least the lockout. I thought the last couple games were bad, but they've looked even worse today.

Hopefully they can get this turned around...

Anyone know how much longer Morrison is supposed to be out?

I havent been able to watch the last few games but its probably just the flu. What are they doing out there? Im guessing little puck possession which makes them ineffective.

I was on Canucks.com and couldnt find any timetable for Morrison. I recall the early diagnosis was: out for season with season ending surgery. Not sure whats goin on with him either.

Can't wait to clear some salary off the books for next season.

Who do you have in mind?? Sound like you have a clear idea of who should be in the firesale.

jennilou
03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Bye bye Nazzy and Mo.

canuckthug
03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Thats fair. Hope Naslund doesnt get the memo cuz were gonna need him down the stretch.

jennilou
03-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Ya, but realistically down the stretch toward what? A first round knockout probably:(

Hobbes
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I havent been able to watch the last few games but its probably just the flu. What are they doing out there? Im guessing little puck possession which makes them ineffective.Yeah the Sedins have had little puck possesion, and have only been noticable when they are turning the puck over (which has been frequent, especially with yesterdays game). They look awful.

Bye bye Nazzy and Mo.I wouldn't mind Morrison coming back for less than he's earning now. He was having a pretty good season, and isn't bad for a top six forward. Naslund I agree with.

The Cap is supposed to be going up again which will help them out, but then again they had some cap room to play with at the deadline and didn't take advantage of it. Bieksa's extension kicks in next year which will take off some of the room we'll have available.

There aren't a ton of great options in free agency, so Nonis might have to work out a trade. The Canucks can definitely afford to give up one of their top four defensemen, especially with how well Edler's been playing - problem is, I think three of the four have NTC's, and teams would probably be reluctant to trade for Bieksa. :\

jennilou
03-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't mind Morrison coming back for less than he's earning nowI'll concede a 'maybe' to you on this one.Depends on the price.

The rest of your post just made me more depressed about the state of things....:(

thx hobbes :)

Hobbes
03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
No problem. :p:D

On the bright side....they are still in the playoffs, and have Luongo. That's more than the Kings have. :(

Jake
03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Why do you guys all hate morrison?

Hobbes
03-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Why do you guys all hate morrison?

A lot of Canuck fans think he's overpaid for what he produces offensively. He was also really bad during their latest playoff run (to be fair, so were the rest of Vancouvers forwards).

Up until he's had to sit out with his wrist injury, I've always heard people call in on the sports radio shows and complain that he would play every game - he had the iron man streak going on there for a few years, and he would never sit out games. It would always later come out after the seasons that he'd been playing hurt, which would lead people to question if he'd actually been helping the team by always playing. There are times when he's invisible out there, so people were getting frustrated that he wouldn't sit out and rest his injuries when he wasn't actually doing anything to help the team.

Personally...I think he's a pretty good player and there are definitely bigger problems. You know what you're going to get from him - around 20 goals, 30 assists. Not a bad second liner, and for a team that desperately needs top six forwards, I don't think getting rid of him is the best choice.

EDIT: And I've actually been a pretty big critic of Morrison in the past, but I've sorta changed my mind over the last little while.

Farmerbob42
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
yeh playing hurt doesn't really help much, and i think mitchell is still hurt too.

morrison cashed in on the years with naslund and bert. but he has been a 20 goal guy and for 3.2 thats not terrible.

as for options. http://www.nhlnumbers.com/freeagents.php?team=none&pos=C&status=none&type=none

besides the obvious big names, I wouldn't mind: Rolston, ryder, hagman, stillman, malone, j. ruutu, haydar, montador, commodore

Avaholic
03-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Despite the fact we won 2-1 tonight, be very thankful that you guys have Roberto Luongo. Be VERY, very thankful.

Guy's good.

Hobbes
03-05-2008, 02:33 AM
On a team that needs offense so badly, AV not starting Raymond was really dumb.

Farmerbob42
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
yeh, raymond over isbister and cowan... i think id fire him this year, he's made countless moves that i think were really unwise

canuckthug
03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Fire the Coach !! Bring in Pat Burns.
I think winning the "coach of the year" award has gone to his head.
a) he never should have won
b) hes not that good of a coach

Hes wasnt always horrible but he has been making bonehead lines combos all season. The problem is its probably too late to fire the coach and i dont know who Nonis would hire. I like Pat Burns but i dont see that happening.

Against the Hawks, the Canucks only had 10 shots the whole game... @ HOME!!! now thats brutal. Thought id mention that. This team needs a serious wakeup call. The Flames, Wild, Avs are moving up... The nucks currently sit in 9th. Still lots of games left. 17 or 18?? As Canucks fans, were supposed to wave the stupid white towels. Dont make us throw it in.

Actually, if the ship goes down, im goin down with it. Thats how it goes..
GO NUCKS !!

Farmerbob42
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
bah, yeh bring out the bandwagoner talk, people get so high and mighty that they've always been there and blah blah blah. I want to watch entertaining hockey, the majority of that is scoring goals and winning games, if you do neither, well then i have better things to do with my time

Hobbes
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd say there is no chance Nonis fires Vignault, at least this season. I'd agree Vignault hasn't been a great coach this year - starting Cowan pretty much every game is REALLY questionable, considering he doesn't add anything to the team. But at the same time...

There are so many other issues with this team that coaching isn't the major one. We saw this team had problems scoring in the playoffs last year - Nonis had a year to address that, and still hasn't. Even with a different coach, he still has the same roster of players who have limited offensive ability.

I think they'll get things turned around, but the way the last four games have gone...who knows.

You guys can have Marc Crawford back, if you'd like...:D

Farmerbob42
03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
i didn't mind crawford actually. Now with cloutier gone... haha. Yeh only so much a coach can do but decisions with cowan have been brutal, just last game sitting raymond and playing cowan and isbister, id sit both those guys before sitting raymond. SO selection too, linden should be around because they were in so many shootouts, but now he'd keep putting pyatt and edler out there... a lot of little questionable moves in games that are obvious close, going to shootouts, and they've lost quite a bit, lots of points that could have been had that one could argue some of those were coaching related.

jennilou
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Sitting Raymond over Isbister and Cowan= WTF??????

Despite the fact we won 2-1 tonight, be very thankful that you guys have Roberto Luongo. Be VERY, very thankful.

Guy's good.

So damn good and so damn competitive that if I were him and my contract came up in two years and i didn't see management doing anything meaningful to put us in a winning position, I would definitely move on.

Farmerbob42
03-05-2008, 11:42 PM
well if this keeps up then lu is gone for sure. and yup raymond sat the other night... I'd bring up hansen who is playing well for the moose, ditch cowan and play raymond some higher mins.

Farmerbob42
03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
ha, canucks playoff hopes saved by.... isbister? well ok then

Burrows is flying, he was a great find. 2 pts out of the division only. if they could just keep the d healthy, bah.

jennilou
03-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Last night= :rolleyes:

Farmerbob42
03-15-2008, 02:03 PM
yeh. thats about right

canuckthug
03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Here it is folks:

--------------GP---Points
Detroit -------73--- 100
San Jose -----72--- 93
Minnesota ----72--- 84
Anahiem ------74--- 90
Dallas ---------74--- 89
Calgary --------72---84
Colorado -------73---84
Vancouver--72- 82

Nashville -------73--- 80
Phoneix ---------72-- 77
Edmonton -------73-- 77

10 games left:
Coyotes @ Canucks
Canucks @ Oilers
Wild @ Canucks
Canucks @ Flames
Canucks @ Avalanche
Canucks @ Wild
Flames @ Canucks
Avalanche @ Canucks
Oilers @ Canucks
Flames @ Canucks

6 home games vs 4 road. EVERY game is huge (obviously). 9 divisional games to end the season. I figure this team could use a little puck luck during this stretch so im posting on St. Pattys Day!! :beer::beer:. Hopefully they dont need any luck and focus on skill, determination, and effort. 60 minutes. This team has to get some revenge on Gretzky's Yotes after that lackluster effort on thursday. The Canucks were on a mission vs the Stars on saturday which was good to see... Came out strong and were awarded a Fluke GWG. Naslund had the right idea to throw it on net. Speaking of Naslund...SHOOOT! He used to be compared with Sakic as the player with sniper abilities. I remember those days. 3 point night could have easily been 5. :mad: Lets go twins.... Its now or never. Alain had them riding the bench most of the 3rd and they only played on the same line during the PP. Roberto Luongo, what can i say?? You wear #1 for a reason. So did Kirk Mclean but you know what im getting at.

GO CANUCKS !!

WinnipegWingnut
03-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Just thought I'd post that Cory Schnieder has been playing amazing for the Moose! Just got a SO this weekend too.

canuckthug
03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I dont see Schnieder having an impact on the Canucks with Luongo here. Schnieder is supposed to be really good (had some rough outings though) but maybe Canuck Mgmt will deal him in the future. Good to see him doing well. If the Canucks didnt have Luongo, id be very excited about this kid.

canuckthug
03-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Mason Raymond is out.
Sidelined for 4 weeks but 6 is probably more realistic. :\ Damn knee on knees!! Isnt Ulf Samuelson an assistant coach with the Coyotes?? Time for an investigation.

Who will they bring up?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232299&hubname=

Farmerbob42
03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
shannon will play. i dont think they have any more callups until the playoffs. As for schnieds, im thinking the other way now, if he is a number 1 goalie im sure the canucks could get a decent package for lu

WinnipegWingnut
03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
shannon will play. i dont think they have any more callups until the playoffs. As for schnieds, im thinking the other way now, if he is a number 1 goalie im sure the canucks could get a decent package for lu

Trade Luongo?

I was thinking with Schnieders recent 8 game winning streak he could be some solid trade bait. Don't get me wrong he's good, but not Luongo good. I bet he could fetch a solid scoring forward in return though. ;)

canuckthug
03-19-2008, 05:06 PM

TRADE LUONGO?? Please tell me your joking or just being stupid.
You must be related to Mike Keanen or Mike Milbury!!! Trade Luongo, wow!
One too many blue drinks my friend... you must be a leafs fan.

canuckthug
03-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Trade Luongo?

I was thinking with Schnieders recent 8 game winning streak he could be some solid trade bait. Don't get me wrong he's good, but not Luongo good. I bet he could fetch a solid scoring forward in return though. ;)

Those were my thoughts too. Farmer is outta left field on that post.

But after what Montreal just pulled with Huet, i wonder what the nucks can grab for Schnieder if they decide to go that route.

Farmerbob42
03-24-2008, 03:34 PM
oi, i didn't mean right now. lu still has 2 years on his contract. if lu cant be re-signed whens he's gonna be a UFA, would you want to lose him for nothing? if they hold onto schnieder and he looks like he could be a number 1, than trading lu seems like a good idea to me, dont make a bad move but you could get quite a package for him, i really dont think its a bad idea. and if canucks dont put together a better team soon, lu will leave to go to a contender. All im saying is that schnieds playing well is more evidence to keep him than to trade him

are you the people who would have traded, edler, kesler, bourdon, raymond over the last couple of years too?

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey guys! It's been awhile since I was on here but I'm real glad people are continuing the Vancouver Canucks thread!

Man, what a dramatic finish to the season in the Northwest! A perfect appetizer for the playoffs I'll say. BTW, if you want, check out my thread on the Northwest Nine Watch. I think the Northwest Nine is a great topic that commands lots of discussion which can satisfy all our playoff cravings for now ;)

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
03-26-2008, 01:16 PM
A totally gutless effort last night by the Canucks! That game is so indicative of the fact AV's system is garbage. I can appreciate the fact that it was mostly the players' fault as they weren't responding to the Flames' physical play and all that but the fact they sat back and played defense (and SOFT defense at that) after ONLY 20 MINUTES is ridiculous and utterly stupid. The Canucks played a great first period: they got an early 2-0 lead and fired 21 shots on goal to the Flames' 7 in the first period alone. There is no reason for a team to play so well in one period and then play so bad and without heart for the remainder of the game. So why was that the case last night you ask? Simple: AV preaches the trap and nothing but defense if you have a lead. Ummm I can see if you have a 2-0 lead with 7 minutes or so to go in the game and you want to just convert to defense and just finish the game. But when you still have 2 friggin periods of hockey to play, you don't sit back for the rest of the game and like a bunch of Cinderella's flutter the puck out of the zone. You keep pressing!! This is why I think it's equally the coache's fault for the loss last night and ultimately our entire season. His system is shit! As for the players, talk about the easiest team to play against. The final hit count was 29-7 Flames!! What a bunch of wussies, especially in what could be the most important game of the season! What a gutless display especially in a game where you MUST be competitive with so much on the line. Does this team not realize the position they're in? Are they not aware of the teams behind them making a strong case for that last playoff spot? Are they totally oblivious to the fact that the NW division is literally up for grabs at this point even though they sit in 7th spot in the conference? We have no leaders! NOBODY stepped up last night in any way. Luongo is the only guy I was impressed with last night but all we can ask of him is to make save after save which is what he does precisely 92% of the time.

Sorry for the rant guys but I'm just disgusted with this team right now!

Farmerbob42
03-26-2008, 03:47 PM
canucks have been sitting back on leads for years now, but i have had problems with AVs decisions all year, im glad i didn't pay to watch that piece of crap

LFk
03-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I guess this isn't strictly nucks related, but I've had to watch my devils do this for years. Its really infuriating to watch a team get the early momentum, and just let the other team run the game while you play a cute little dump-the-puck system.

canuckthug
03-27-2008, 04:38 PM
I guess this isn't strictly nucks related, but I've had to watch my devils do this for years. Its really infuriating to watch a team get the early momentum, and just let the other team run the game while you play a cute little dump-the-puck system.

I dont know why the Canucks dont play a full 60. Frustrating to watch. It is nice to see them score first but its how you finish that counts. Is the ship sinking?? Im not even sure what the hell is happening to the defensive squad. With Salo, Ohlund, Mitchell, Bieksa, Edler, Bourdon the shots should not be 1 sided. Bieksa is turning the puck over too often and is not up to par.

I just read that Morrison is out again.. Iron-man days are long gone. Torn ACL, done for the season. I doubt the nucks will re-sign him now.

4 home games to end the season should help them. 1 final road game in Minny. They gotta win for Luongo who is expecting a baby...

GO NUCKS.

WinnipegWingnut
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
So.... can the Nucks win the games they need to now that Luongo has flown back to Florida??

canuckthug
03-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Im sure he will be back for the final 4 home games and it is possible he could be back for the Minny game. There is more info in the NHL fantasy thread, "Luongo has left the building."

Avaholic
03-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Not trying to be a troll or to rub anything in, but it was pretty obvious that rebound control from your defensemen was a glaring weakness, at least in last night's game. There didn't seem to be any sense of urgency by the Canucks in the defensive zone to control/clear the puck.

And you were the unlucky experiment team for the Forsberg-Stastny-Hejduk line combination. Dangerous. :D

canuckthug
03-28-2008, 11:31 AM
So.... can the Nucks win the games they need to now that Luongo has flown back to Florida??

The Luongo's have a daughter (Gabriella) and everything went fine. He is back in Minny and wants to suit up tonight. -According to CKNW Vancouver Radio.

link:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=233020&hubname=

Farmerbob42
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
i think with the health concerns of his daughter and wife his head probably wasn't completely in the game, i think now that everything with fine with the birth he'll play better. Sure the defense sucked but some of those goals lu would have normally saved

canuckthug
03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I just hope the team in front of him responds. I really think they will but crazier things have happend. The Wild are solid @ home and the nucks are gonna need a bigtime effort.

Farmerbob42
03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
either way its not gonna be pretty, their best shot is 8th taking on detroit i think, and even then its not the greatest...

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
03-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Not trying to be a troll or to rub anything in, but it was pretty obvious that rebound control from your defensemen was a glaring weakness, at least in last night's game. There didn't seem to be any sense of urgency by the Canucks in the defensive zone to control/clear the puck.

And you were the unlucky experiment team for the Forsberg-Stastny-Hejduk line combination. Dangerous. :D

No I completely agree with you Avaholic. That's what Canucks fans here have been fuming over: the lack of urgency! I just don't know where their heads are at right now but they better get it together tonight in Minny, seriously.

BTW, the Forsberg-Stastny-Hejduk line combo was deadly! I don't know if our pathetic defense that night made them look that good or if they can be that good on any given night but geez were they ever scary when they had the puck. I wish we had scary offensive lines in Vancouver besides the twins...

CanuckleHead604
03-28-2008, 08:33 PM
It's awesome. Luongo left a Florida team that didn't spend much on blueliners. Yet, here in Vancouver, he still faces a lot of pucks with little rebound support. I'm watching the minny game right now, this is getting difficult to watch.

jennilou
03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
sooooo brutal....I've turned it off....I can't even watch.

canuckthug
03-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Canucks are on the outside looking in. Brutal roadtrip. Preds in 8th. Too bad for Luongo, he left his new born and wife for this.
I dont see the Canucks beating the Flamers twice @ home either. Once maybe. I know the Canucks arent winning Stanley (Naslund isnt good enough to lead) but i still want them to make the post-season. Painful to watch.

oncogene
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Of couse the Edm vs Col game has to go to OT for a 3pt game, once again... sigh

Goodbye Canucks season I guess?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
apparently 66% of Sharks fans want to see Vancouver in the first round!

C'mon Canucks!!!

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
03-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Holy crap!

You know what guys, after this loss I'm not even angry. I'm jsut astonished; dumbfounded! I actually EXPECTED the Canucks to win this game given their previous shitty efforts. To lose 4-0 in Minny is just the icing on the cake...I was too shocked that they could actually lose this one in such a fassion to be angry at all!

Mathematically they can still make it and I still give them a good shot at doing so but for Christ's sakes they don't even deserve it at all. What a sad bunch of gutless talentless sacks of you know what! The twins and Nazzy actually had some good shifts but it doesn't matter because there was no finish and no clutch scoring when it counted. There wasn't even any scoring at all...

I really hope the fans here in Vancouver don't just sit by themselves and grumble or pop the odd call in to the Team 1040. I hope they can send a message of some sort to this team that they are a disgrace right now and that there is now an expectation for big changes to be made! I suspect this organization feels very comfortable about what they're doing because they know that the people in Vancouver will be waiting in line to pay whatever the cost for tickets and merchandise every year! I just wish there was some way to give the whole organization a perverbial slap in the face! I mean what does it friggin take to motivate this team enough to work hard for a couple games down the stretch and get themselves into the playoffs? Isn't that what every NHL player wants? These guys look like they could care less!! It really boggles my mind!

oncogene
03-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Hopefully next year with the 9+million free up from Naslund+Morrison, the nucks can sign someone that can score and a good 1/2nd line center.

CanuckleHead604
03-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Hopefully next year with the 9+million free up from Naslund+Morrison, the nucks can sign someone that can score and a good 1/2nd line center.

I certainly hope so. The problem lies in there isn't too much out there free-agent wise that'll fill our needs. Hossa? I don't know how he fits in here...and he's one of those magical guys that's invisible come playoff time.

Our D-men are always riddled with injuries, our faceoff% is too good, and we have no one that is clutch for us. Even if we made the playoffs, the Sedins will once again, disappear and Luongo will be left to make every save. If the organization doesn't make serious moves to address the shortcomings of this team, I wouldn't blame Luongo for leaving once his contract is over after 2 years.

Farmerbob42
03-29-2008, 10:01 PM
well bieksa will eat up some of that money. I'd like to see rolston, malone and commodore signed.

And yup your right UNF, thats why it bugs me when people get on your case if you say your not watching the team or giving up on them this season, bandwagoners mnuah blah blah. I like to watch good hockey, entertaining hockey, hockey with some goals maybe. Canuck fans have to say they are not pleased. Some towns the fan base would drop out or the team is doing well and they still cant sell tickets. Canucks have been mid pack for years, not really doing much to make a push and usually with a mid pick so as never to rebuild, just coasting along. If they dont do anything significant in the off season i hope heads will roll... Personally i'd fire AV probably anyway, though d injuries have contributed the way they've handled things this year has been terrible. one thing i was pissed at though might not have been the coaches decision.. linden. He will now play every game, started a few games back, why? they didn't play him earlier so he wouldn't hit his bonuses for games played. I think that is brutal, especially when cowan was sucking it up and linden was sitting...

I am happy they didn't make any moves involving picks or prospects this deadline though, with the injuries they have had, it was best to pack er in pretty much

Farmerbob42
03-31-2008, 12:50 AM
THANK YOU, finally a good game for a change

Rocklobster
03-31-2008, 11:18 AM
what exactly is wrong with ohlund?

Farmerbob42
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
well he did have bone chips in his knee that was bugging him, it still could be that

Avaholic
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Vancouver,

Keep beating Calgary.

Signed,

Colorado Avalanche

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-31-2008, 09:28 PM
well bieksa will eat up some of that money. I'd like to see rolston, malone and commodore signed.

Ryan Malone?

He's Pittsburgh home grown.

Piss off.

:D

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm hoping for a really solid game tonight against the Avs! Unfortunately Forsberg AND Foote are in tonight so every player will have to be at his best.

99% of the time I wouldn't say I'd rather see a low scoring uber-defensive game but I won't deny that all I want to see today is a great game by Luongo. Against Colorado, the Canucks are going to need him to be at his best and if he steals a game and the Canucks win 2-1 or something I'll be happy! If the Canucks can throw in a few goals like they did the other night that would be a bonus but an awesome game from Luongo would suffice at this point.

Beware Avs fans (talkin to you too Avaholic :p), the Canucks are a different beast at home!

oncogene
04-01-2008, 11:44 PM
what a fucking sucking game.... just fold up and quit already... call up some prospects to play the last 2 games for them to gain some experience. JUST STOP PRETENDING TO BE TRYING DAMNIT.... damn damn damn damn damn.

canuckthug
04-02-2008, 12:11 AM
First off, I hate the Avs. Always have, always will. They owned the nucks this year. 6-2 record this season?? Sakic, Hedjuk, and Forsberg have been Canuck Killerz for a loooong time. Too long. Im sick of those guys and that team in general.

Secondly, Luongo has been un-Luongo like for 4 or 5 games during this last stretch. Hes been pulled twice in that span and probably has a GAA over 4.00 and a SV% under .900. Not Cool.

Lastly, I think Edmonton will come out VERY STRONG on Thursday. They're season is over and they will be loose. Its the Oilers final game of the season and they will be ready. Oilers have been playing hard, dedicated hockey for over month and i don't expect them to change.
Speaking of heart, or lack of ----- what is happening to the Canucks?? They were up 2-0 (AGAIN) and lose????

Nashville--->FUCK OFF. Down 3-0 and win in OT. I dont see St. Louis beating the Preds after today's debacle but i think the Hawks can squeak out a win.

WinnipegWingnut
04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Wow... I cannot believe the Preds are in 8th... things are not looking to good for the Nucks, as 911 said the Oilers will play hard regardless, and if they start Garon watch out.

I'm not surprised about the Avs, you knew they would be a stellar team once all thier fire power was healthy.

Good luck guys!

Farmerbob42
04-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Ryan Malone?

He's Pittsburgh home grown.

Piss off.

:D

he's also a UFA, so... but yeh, he'd likely stay there then. i can still say id like to see him on the nucks

and my goodness, jekyll and hyde rear their ugly head again..

and oncogene, they dont have any callups left, so...

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm just appalled at the attitude the players are taking towards these crucial games! It leads me to believe that there must be something more to it. Normal people don't just sit back and stop playing, especially when their season is on the line. There's definately more to this than meets the eye... If not then talk about a gross display of un-professionalism by the whole organization. First of all the players who aren't getting their act together and competing and then the coaching staff and management who seemingly lack the balls and integrity to get their team going in the most crucial of games.

Unbelieveable...

canuckthug
04-03-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm just appalled at the attitude the players are taking towards these crucial games! It leads me to believe that there must be something more to it. Normal people don't just sit back and stop playing, especially when their season is on the line. There's definately more to this than meets the eye... If not then talk about a gross display of un-professionalism by the whole organization. First of all the players who aren't getting their act together and competing and then the coaching staff and management who seemingly lack the balls and integrity to get their team going in the most crucial of games.

Unbelieveable...

It is unbelieveable.... but doesnt mean the fat lady is singing. Its not over till its over. 2 games left for Nash. 2 for the Nucks. Anything can happen. Check this scenario: If Calgary loses in Minny during regulation 2NITE, and the Nucks somehow defeat the oilers -----> then the final game of the season will determine who goes golfing and who goes to the promise land.
And that final game is Calgary vs Vancouver in Vancity on Saturday nite during HNIC... That will be one intense game (if it works out this way). But if Nashville loses, both Calgary and Vancouver can still get in.

ENJOY THE GAMES!!! :beer::beer: Early playoff hockey in my books!

canuckthug
04-03-2008, 04:18 PM
and oncogene, they dont have any callups left, so...

Speaking of callups:
Pyatt injured with concussion.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AgOHXL.PEBCjXgzECEjFNhR7vLYF?slug=ap-canucks-pyatt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Enter Jannik Hansen.

canuckthug
04-03-2008, 10:58 PM
PLEASE VANCOUVER !!

its 1-0 Oil.. If we lose.. its all over.

canuckthug
04-03-2008, 11:05 PM
2-0 Oil. wtf??
Oilers getting outshot bigtime.. Canucks getting all the PP's.

pjm
04-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Yikes. 20 mins left, down by 2, season on the line. Lets see what the 'Nucks are made of.

jennilou
04-04-2008, 12:05 AM
and we're done.

CanucksFan
04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Ugh...

Farmerbob42
04-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Speaking of callups:
Pyatt injured with concussion.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AgOHXL.PEBCjXgzECEjFNhR7vLYF?slug=ap-canucks-pyatt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Enter Jannik Hansen.

yup, emergency callup cos of injury.

well, its better this way, then nonis cant be like 'well this team did make the playoffs so all it needs is a bit of tweaking blah blah blah'

tinkeysersoze
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Sorry Nucks, my 2nd favorite Canadian team, it's sad to see them out, especially outed by another Canadian team who isn't even making the playoffs themselves......rrrrrr.

What happened to Van this year, was it secondary scoring? What do they need to get better? Were they terribly injured? Just curious, I don't get to see nearly enough Nucks games.....

WinnipegWingnut
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Tough break... but on the upside, now the Moose get their players back and can make a solid run for the AHL championship!

Schnieder has really impressed me this year in net, you Knuckleheads have a solid piece of trade bait there.

Hobbes
04-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry Nucks, my 2nd favorite Canadian team, it's sad to see them out, especially outed by another Canadian team who isn't even making the playoffs themselves......rrrrrr.

What happened to Van this year, was it secondary scoring? What do they need to get better? Were they terribly injured? Just curious, I don't get to see nearly enough Nucks games.....

They had some key defensemen out for most of the year. Salo, Ohlund, Mitchell, Bieksa, Kraijeck, all missed quite a bit of time with significant injuries.

Mostly it was the scoring. The Sedins disappeared down the stretch (for the most part) and they just didn't have anyone who could put the puck in the net on a regular basis. Which kind of sucks because scoring was the issue with the team last year, so Nonis had a year to find some way to address it, but never really did.

CanuckleHead604
04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Well, glad to see that travesty finally over with. Couldn't bury the chances they had and the PP looked awful. Once again, when the game is on the line, the Sedins couldn't come up with that needed goal. Time to address the lack of goal scoring Mr. Nonis.

WinnipegWingnut
04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
The no action at the trade deadline really bit the Nucks in the ass. A guy like Brad Richards, Hossa, Campbell, etc could have provided that goal or two that could have won a game and got an extra point or two.

Nonis could be looking for work because of this come spring.

oncogene
04-04-2008, 02:43 PM

There were alot of injuries to the d-men.... but still, defense wasn't the primary problem, altho the last few games there'r some defensive breakdowns. Altho Bieksa is not playing well this season at all tho.

They don't lack secondary scoring.... they just lack PRIMARY scoring!!!

Not to mention, they always seem to play DOWN to the opponent level... losing to shitty teams that they should win.

canuckthug
04-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Tough break... but on the upside, now the Moose get their players back and can make a solid run for the AHL championship!

Schnieder has really impressed me this year in net, you Knuckleheads have a solid piece of trade bait there.

YUP YUP... I can still cheer for the Junior Canucks. GO MOOSE!! I knew being a Vancouver fan over the Jets was always the right choice even though i was born, raised and lived in Manitoba. Pegger's always asked me, "why do u like the Canucks??"
Answer:
"Cuz thats how it is!! " lol

So what draft spot do the Nucks get??

WinnipegWingnut
04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
YUP YUP... I can still cheer for the Junior Canucks. GO MOOSE!!

I'll be there tonight... free tix from our printer, I wonder if Bourdon, Edler, Hansen, etc will be suiting up tonight?

I'd have to think it'd be too soon, but man that would help the Moose out vs the Marlies.

canuckthug
04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
They don't lack secondary scoring.... they just lack PRIMARY scoring!!!

Not to mention, they always seem to play DOWN to the opponent level... losing to shitty teams that they should win.

I agree 100% with this. It's the demeanor of this team. Every game should matter but they only show up (try) against the big name teams. The problem is NAZzzzzzz:zzz:lund. SEE YA SON!!

I cant wait to see who the new captain will be. Can Luongo wear the C??:beer: Joking aside, Mitchell is probably an option. Im not sure. Lots of time to dwell but Nonis should address the situation actively. The most important position is Goalie, then i say its the Captain. Give Nonis props for pulling the trigger on Luongo but now times call for a true Captain.

Speaking of Canuck Captains.. Farewell Trevor Linden. Its been great. Almost made in in 94. 1 post away... FUCKIN RANGERS!!
Cool to see #16 in the raftors!!! :beer::beer::beer:

canuckthug
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I'll be there tonight... free tix from our printer, I wonder if Bourdon, Edler, Hansen, etc will be suiting up tonight?

I'd have to think it'd be too soon, but man that would help the Moose out vs the Marlies.

free ticktets?? you printing counterfit tickets. now your talking my language... im down with that shit. Be honest wpgnut, you the reason why Criminal acitvity is threw the roof around here. lol
but seriously, what do you mean "free tix from our printer? "

WinnipegWingnut
04-04-2008, 03:13 PM
free ticktets?? you printing counterfit tickets. now your talking my language... im down with that shit. Be honest wpgnut, you the reason why Criminal acitvity is threw the roof around here. lol
but seriously, what do you mean "free tix from our printer? "

I work for a publishing company, we print magazines at the Prolific Group here in Winnipeg. They have corporate season tickets for their clients, we spend over 100 grand a year with them, so I get them quite a bit.

Haha... nah... if I were to print counterfeit tickets, it sure wouldn't be for Moose games... :lol:

On a side note, we're no longer the car theft capital of Canada!

canuckthug
04-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I work for a publishing company, we print magazines at the Prolific Group here in Winnipeg. They have corporate season tickets for their clients, we spend over 100 grand a year with them, so I get them quite a bit.

Haha... nah... if I were to print counterfeit tickets, it sure wouldn't be for Moose games... :lol:

On a side note, we're no longer the car theft capital of Canada!

Not in my neck of the woods... my neighbour's car got jacked a few weeks ago and all kinds of shit goes down here. Wpg is not winning the auto theft capital race anymore? Damn! Im gonna go with Regina. They keep up with Wpg in almost evey criminal category. This guy i know has the coolest cap in the world.. Its a hat that says MURDER CAP with Wpg, MB on the back. Trust me, its cool, i dont care what anyone says.

Your lucky to get those tickets. Good for you man. Enjoy the games.

WinnipegWingnut
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Not in my neck of the woods... my neighbour's car got jacked a few weeks ago and all kinds of shit goes down here. Wpg is not winning the auto theft capital race anymore? Damn! Im gonna go with Regina. They keep up with Wpg in almost evey criminal category. This guy i know has the coolest cap in the world.. Its a hat that says MURDER CAP with Wpg, MB on the back. Trust me, its cool, i dont care what anyone says.

Your lucky to get those tickets. Good for you man. Enjoy the games.

Yeah Saskatoon, Regina, Edmonton AND Victoria all beat our sorry non-car stealing asses... hahaha. I've seen the Murder Capital gear... too funny, and you know some guy made a killing (excuse the pun) off of it! I guess we have that whole Slurpee Capital of the World title to fall back on now that we don't kill enough or steal enough autos.

Lucky to get Moose tix? You have been to a game right? I don't know anyone that pays for tickets to see the Moose. I just like throwing the sponge pucks at the Toyota Truck at intermission after a few beers! hahaha

Farmerbob42
04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
The no action at the trade deadline really bit the Nucks in the ass. A guy like Brad Richards, Hossa, Campbell, etc could have provided that goal or two that could have won a game and got an extra point or two.

he tried to make a deal but what they wanted was too much, i wouldn't give up kesler, edler and schnieder, or they didnt want what they offered, i forget the pakcage. im glad he didn't get some 2nd rate dmen like what has been done in the past, and hung onto the talent. with the injuries the best deal was to not make a trade. Just cause you want to make a trade, doesn't mean it happens. and just cause you can make one, doesn't mean its a good one. Did richards really help much? he had a few good games but has been quiet and continues to be a - player. and yup, a goal or 2, richards has 2, hossa has 3. plus all the cap the canucks would have would go to richards and they'd still be short on 2 solid lines.

as for the problems. injuries. when mike weaver plays 55 games, you have problems. lucky they had edler step up. they were using their 7-10th dmen at times during the year as well and the one game where they used their 11th in zach fitzgerald. When you play a defense first and have built from the net out, injuries on the back end hurt, but with that d core and goalie they should be playing a more wide open game...
and and i think coaching really failed them this year. AV made numerous errors, way too many to get into, ive mentioned a few, though on canucks forum one quote of his that i read stands out, 'we dont practice shootouts' they lost a lot of pts in those and linden who was really good on shootouts was sitting far too often

jennilou
04-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Class act by Iginla and the Flames tonight.

canuckthug
04-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Class act by Iginla and the Flames tonight.

It was. I dont hate the flames and city of Calgary no more. :)

pjm
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
It was. I dont hate the flames and city of Calgary no more. :)

Haha, after last night's game, i don't hate Vancouver anymore either!

That was a pretty special ceremony for Linden. I have only the utmost respect for that guy. Pretty cool to see Linden and Jarome shake hands at the end of the game there, two of the classiest guys in the league.

Farmerbob42
04-13-2008, 05:29 PM
apparently canucks are close to signing Fabian Brunnstrom. he's pretty raw but detroit and toronto i think have been actively pursuing him. could be a nice gamble

draft51
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
he wont be any kind of saviour. i like his upside tho.

gogoayane
04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
wow Nonis fired!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=234310&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

phaneuf6
04-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah just heard that. Burke left a bit of mess there I think.

WinnipegWingnut
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM

Did I call this or what???

Whose in... Burke? Quinn? Smith?

bearcats
04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Did I call this or what???

Whose in... Burke? Quinn? Smith?

agreed when he made no moves of signifigance and not making the playoffs was a sealed deal for nonis to get canned.

OH my if the canucks hire Quinn they will be deemed to mediocrity for the immediate future....whomever it is MUST realize the bobsy twins can NOT make up a primary scoring threat.. until the GM of the canucks realizes and doaes something they will be never ever win a Stanley Cup to parade around Stanley Park

sketchyt
04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Not a huge Canuck fan but I think Nonis did a decent job. Made a few mistakes (re-signing Naslund, Morrison, Cloutier), but in my mind all would be forgiven for a guy who made one of the best trades of all time in getting Luongo.

He wasn't willing to give the farm for Richards and/or Jokinen and I think that was fine. Realistically, they should have made the playoffs with the team they had. Not his fault Luongo was having a kid, Ohlund/Salo/Bieksa were injured and Naslund disappearing.

Farmerbob42
04-15-2008, 02:47 AM
nonis was screwed if he did make a big deal and he was screwed when he didn't. What i dont get is the fans on the canucks.com forum calling for burke back, like he somehow brought success to the team, oh how soon we forget, its not like he pulled a rabbit out of his ass in anaheim.

Burke never brough in a guy for the sedins, and bert double shifting doesn't count. Trent klatt and arvedson aren't gonna cut it, king wasn't the greatest option either. He also never got a goalie. Nonis brought in a guy for the sedins right away for cheap, and while keeping cloutier, he did get lu and then traded cloutier for a 2nd round pick! For some of the low picks some guys go for this was an amazing deal. Burke on the other hand, loves to trade 2nds away... Parros, fedoruk (who was traded back for a 4th), sutherby... or deals like Kip Brennan for mark popovic... or clearing cap space by dealing macdonald and then selanne comes back.. Also, nonis's drafting was better than burkes.

If just deciding between those two, i chose nonis. Without injuries things would have been much different. I feel bieksa was the most tradeable assest and could have been used to get a forward, etc.

But now, who to hire?

One guy that comes to mind is Doug Maclean... but he doesn't have that great of a track record... where's buckeye when you need him? hah. but seriously, whose out there that has some success and can bring in offense? Or are they just gonna move down the line and promote tambellini?

WinnipegWingnut
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM
But now, who to hire?

One guy that comes to mind is Doug Maclean... but he doesn't have that great of a track record... where's buckeye when you need him? hah. but seriously, whose out there that has some success and can bring in offense? Or are they just gonna move down the line and promote tambellini?

I wouldn't touch Doug MacLean...

I still think Neil Smith should be working in this league, and he did a great job in 94' with the Rangers. The other options I'm sure they will be looking at is the GM of the Moose here in Winnipeg. I forget his name, but the Moose have done an amazing job in bringing in new recruits, growing them, and then having the Canucks rape and pillage them from the team. Burrows, Bieska, Rypien, Jaffrey, Auld.... and there are more names of players that developed with the Moose whether they were Canuck picks or ECHL guys that the Moose saw hope in and brought up.

I still think the Canucks should bring up Jason Jaffrey to play with the twins. This guy is amazing, and I'm still stumped as to why the Canucks haven't called him up more than once. He can score like no tomorrow, pass and as you saw in the bigs this year when he was called up, will drop the mitts. Isn't this the kind of guy the twins need playing with them? A set up and/or trigger man that can drop the mitts if anyone gives the twins a hard time???

Hobbes
04-15-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't know who is out there either. It kinda sucks to just hire another GM who has failed elsewhere, just because he has experience. Always seemed kind of lame to me just to recycle the same GM's...

I'd give it to Tambellini rather than bring in a GM like Dave Taylor or Doug Maclean.

I thought Nonis did a pretty poor job this year since he had about two seasons where it was obvious the team needed another offensive weapon, and he never did anything to address it. However...the farm team has improved by a lot since he got here, and they at least have some good prospects now. Some of those contracts you can't really blame him for either - in hindsight, resigning Naslund was a bad move but at the time I didn't hear anyone complaining. He was just a season off of winning the Lester Pearson award, and I don't think anyone expected him to be as bad as he turned out.

So yeah...I probably would have given him another year.

EDIT: Actually I like the Neil Smith suggestion too. At least he has had some success in the past.

Farmerbob42
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Craig Heisinger is the gm of the moose. i dont know if it'd be a good idea to just throw him into the NHL as the GM though. And this move only makes sense if they get a GM thats better... unless acquillini just wants his guy there. and AV is sticking around but most GMS want their hand picked guy as well.

nyrblue2
04-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't touch Doug MacLean...

I still think Neil Smith should be working in this league, and he did a great job in 94' with the Rangers. The other options I'm sure they will be looking at is the GM of the Moose here in Winnipeg. I forget his name, but the Moose have done an amazing job in bringing in new recruits, growing them, and then having the Canucks rape and pillage them from the team. Burrows, Bieska, Rypien, Jaffrey, Auld.... and there are more names of players that developed with the Moose whether they were Canuck picks or ECHL guys that the Moose saw hope in and brought up.

I still think the Canucks should bring up Jason Jaffrey to play with the twins. This guy is amazing, and I'm still stumped as to why the Canucks haven't called him up more than once. He can score like no tomorrow, pass and as you saw in the bigs this year when he was called up, will drop the mitts. Isn't this the kind of guy the twins need playing with them? A set up and/or trigger man that can drop the mitts if anyone gives the twins a hard time???
Taylor Pyatt?

Go for Neil Smith. At least then I won't have to hear him doing analaysis on Vs. or NHL network. Yes, he won the Cup in '94, but he did make some very poor decisions in the years after that lead to many seasons of missed playoffs. Obviously, no GM is perfect, though. Us NYR fans still love and salute him whenever he returns to MSG, though.

WinnipegWingnut
04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Taylor Pyatt?

Let me rephrase that then, a guy that can do all of that with talent. ;)

two24four
04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Some of you Wings fans may not like this, but last night on HNIC during the 2nd INT of the Wild vs Avs games MacLean, Morrison and Hrudy where talking about who might be the next Nucks GM, they brought up Holland again because I guess he's from out that way, (he's from Vernon BC I think they said) and they said he would prob love to GM the Nucks so close to his hometown.

Doug MacLean was pretty good at the drafts, but I agree he would not be my 1st pick for new GM in Toronto, he also would not be my last though as well.

WinnipegWingnut
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Some of you Wings fans may not like this, but last night on HNIC during the 2nd INT of the Wild vs Avs games MacLean, Morrison and Hrudy where talking about who might be the next Nucks GM, they brought up Holland again because I guess he's from out that way, (he's from Vernon BC I think they said) and they said he would prob love to GM the Nucks so close to his hometown.

I know sooner or later Holland will be gone, but I'm hoping not until Stevie Y is officially ready to take over. I think and hope Kenny sticks around for another year at least. I can't see the Wings granting permission for any teams to talk with him though.

two24four
04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I know sooner or later Holland will be gone, but I'm hoping not until Stevie Y is officially ready to take over. I think and hope Kenny sticks around for another year at least. I can't see the Wings granting permission for any teams to talk with him though.

Yeah they said they think Stevie Y could take over now if Holland was to leave this summer.