PDA

View Full Version : It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

nyrblue2
12-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Anyone watch this show? It is freakin hilarious. I just happened to stumble upon the first episode on its premiere night and have been hooked ever since. Bought the Seasons 1 & 2 DVD the day it came out. I know it's not a huge budget show, but I really wish the seasons ran longer. The 3rd one that just ended had maybe 10-12 episodes (with 2 shown per night for the first few weeks). I want more new ones!

I went to school just outside Philly, so it's cool to see them go to and make reference to a lot of the things unique to that city (Temple, Bryn Mawr, Lincoln Financial Field, South Street, etc.).

For those who haven't seen it, it's along the style of Curb Your Enthusiasm or The Office, as it doesn't have a studio audience, but the cameras that follow the characters to different settings. Lots of subtle jokes and ridiculous story lines. It's definitely worth checking out.

For those who have seen it....let's discuss.

Day man, fighter of the night man!

eff1ngham
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
The budget's a little bigger now that Danny DeVito's been producing, which is great. I love the show though. It's like Seinfeld on network tv, same kind of idea. I just love how they all have no morals or reservations whatsoever. The one where they get addicted to crack to get on welfare is awesome, and so is the one where they all try to sleep with each other's moms :lol:

The question I have is: do you think the coffee shop waitress is hot? At first I didn't really think so, I though she was pretty average, but the more episodes she's in the hotter she seems to get

nyrblue2
12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Yea, the crack episode (2 please? 2 rocks of cracks? Is that enough?) and the parent-banging episode are great. My faves in each season are Charlie Wants an Abortion (Charlie finds out he has a kid. MY favorite line of all time from the show is in that episode - "Oh my god! I will smash you face into...into a JELLY!" I crack up every time he says it. The presentation is great.), Hundred Dollar Baby (Dee and Charlie try steroids) and Sweet Dee Dates a Retarded Person (although the bands that Charlie, Mac, Dennis and Frank are in are the best parts). I also like the story of Mac and the tranny that has run through a couple episodes.

As far as the waitress goes, I'd say she's average, too. Sure, I'd bang her, lol, but she's nothing to obsess about I guess. According to Wikipedia, the waitress is Charlie's wife in real life. The hottest cameo actress has the be the girl from Charlie wants an Abortion (the one that Mac hooks up with). I've never seen it, but I heard she was on the OC.

Tormy
12-20-2007, 02:31 PM
The tranny is hot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199590/

Also, the best episode is by far "The Gang Gives Back', where they coach basketball. I laughed through the whole episode and then watched it again.

nyrblue2
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
The tranny is hot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199590/

Also, the best episode is by far "The Gang Gives Back', where they coach basketball. I laughed through the whole episode and then watched it again.
Take a lap...

eff1ngham
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
"Charlie, are you drunk?"

"Of course I'm drunk, I don't have a sponsor anymore!"

pjm
12-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I've seen bits of it but i always thought it was stupid. Seeing as the Office and Curb you Enthusiasm are two of my favorite shows, i guess i should give this one a better look.

nyrblue2
12-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I've seen bits of it but i always thought it was stupid. Seeing as the Office and Curb you Enthusiasm are two of my favorite shows, i guess i should give this one a better look.
Yea, it's worth a shot, man. Like I said, I just kinda stumbled upon it (didn't think it was anything special based on previews), but ended up loving it. The list of awesome quotes could go on and on...

Charlie - "You heard him, man, there were niggers hanging from rafters!"
Waitress - "Oh, that's nice....(to Mac and Dennis) Coffee? (to Charlie) Hitler? I'll be sure to put lots of cream in that for you..."
Charlie - "No, I'm not Adolf Hitler..."

Hockeyis#1
12-21-2007, 10:30 AM
God I love that show! It's hilarious!

I'm not a fan of the Office and don't have HBO, but It's Always Sunny is great!

Buckeye
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I am not familiar with this show? But I love good TV. What station, night and time does it air?

Hockeyis#1
12-21-2007, 10:43 AM
It's on FX thursdays @10

nyrblue2
12-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I am not familiar with this show? But I love good TV. What station, night and time does it air?

It's on FX thursdays @10
As I said above, their seasons are short and they aren't running new episodes right now (Season 3 ended about a month ago). Not sure if they're showing reruns right now, but that would be the day and time if they are...

Hockeyis#1
12-22-2007, 08:59 AM
They have clips and stuff on the FX website as well as there myspace and I'm sure there's episodes on YouTube so you can get a watch an episode or two

keyboard
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I've seen a lot of television, and I must say I just don't get what is good about this show. It's more like Friends than Seinfeld. I'd rather watch reruns of Curb.

nyrblue2
07-30-2008, 05:06 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1620640832?bclid=1643966502&bctid=1646070838

Season 4 starts September 18 @ 10 pm! Whoohoo!

EDIT - this can probably get moved to the "Entertainment" forum. Must have gotten missed since it's an older thread...

Motorcat
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
The tranny is hot.

:shocked: ............. never mind - makes since.

I see the blue drink avatar.

nyrblue2
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
:shocked: ............. never mind - makes since.

I see the blue drink avatar.
:lol:

Just to clarify, in case you haven't seen it, the tranny in question is Brittany Daniel. Obviously, she only plays a tranny:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/C56407~Brittany-Daniel-Posters.jpg

nyrblue2
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM
New season starts tonight!

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I'd strongly recommend it - it's on FX at 10 pm...

keyboard
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I tried getting into this show again... no dice.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM
ahhhh. Another huge fan over here! Can't believe I missed this thread. I'm having an always sunny marathon and spending the entire day/night with the gang! Season 1 episode 1 all the way through season 4.

Isn't season 5 starting up sometime this summer?

I :heart: Charlie. He's so fucking stupid it's hillarious.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Taked baby meet at later bar night or day sometime

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh you are being ridiculous he's a professional football player.

No look I'm not talking about killing the guy. I'm just talking about going up there with a group of dudes and intimidating him - maybe break his arm.

You can't go and break Tom Brady's Arm!

Oh YES I CAN! No more Superbowl's for that pretty boy!

Listen, lemme tell you something with absolute honesty and concern for your well being -- Tom Brady would kick your ass!

:lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
YouTube - Spelling Fail

Spelling Fail

Why would there be a pirate living in a Korean bar?! :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-09-2009, 12:32 AM
wow I had no idea Charlie Day was actually married to "the waitress" Mary Elizabeth Eliis

lol

It makes his stalking obsession of her (in the show) that much funnier!

Can't wait for the new season to start up. Sept 17th!

In anticipation of season 5 I have recently introduced my most excellent roommate to the show.. we are barely on episode 5 season 1 and she is already addicted.

Rock on gang!!! :cheers:

nyrblue2
09-09-2009, 07:57 AM
The cast is doing a 6-show tour of a live performance of "Nightman Cometh", the musical written by Charlie in the last episode of season 4. They're doing 2 shows in Philly on Sept. 17th and will follow each one with showings of the new episode on a big projector screen (the Philly one is in a theater). There's also gonna be a band or something (I hope it's Chemical Toilet or Electric Dream Machine).

And I totally have tickets.

http://www.livenation.com/artist/it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-tickets/ - They're doing one in San Fran, sponge.

toronto1979
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Check out the video Danny DeVito posted on his Twitter (http://twitter.com/danny_devito) site:

# Always Sunny fans watch this new clip!
http://bit.ly/bVJoC
1:03 PM Sep 6th from web

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-09-2009, 12:29 PM
The cast is doing a 6-show tour of a live performance of "Nightman Cometh", the musical written by Charlie in the last episode of season 4. They're doing 2 shows in Philly on Sept. 17th and will follow each one with showings of the new episode on a big projector screen (the Philly one is in a theater). There's also gonna be a band or something (I hope it's Chemical Toilet or Electric Dream Machine).

And I totally have tickets.

http://www.livenation.com/artist/it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-tickets/ - They're doing one in San Fran, sponge.

I know it :D My best friend has 2. I won't be attending though :(

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
YouTube - crazy green dodger fan at dodger stadium 8-3-09

Greenman is back, bitches!

nyr -- you'll have to post all about the show and tell me how it was!!! And if you get a chance, tell Charlie I want to have his babies, please!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
The birth of day man -- lolers

YouTube - The birth of Day Man song - It's always sunny in philadelphia

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
new season starts tonight!

eff1ngham
10-25-2009, 11:20 PM
The World Series episode is the best one they've done in a long time, and that's really saying something! It was fucking hilarious, I wish it had come out sooner so I could have named one of my fantasy baseball teams "Riot Juice" :beer:

HABS_FrEaK
10-26-2009, 04:30 AM
The World Series episode is the best one they've done in a long time, and that's really saying something! It was fucking hilarious, I wish it had come out sooner so I could have named one of my fantasy baseball teams "Riot Juice" :beer:

Actually I thought that The Waitress is Getting Married was one of the best episodes in a while, that scene in the restaurant was great.

"I'm a full on rapist" :lol:

nyrblue2
10-26-2009, 07:47 AM
There will be an episode near the end of the season called "The Gang Reignites the Rivalry". They showed it during an IASIP premiere event in September and it's one of the better recent ones.

Doctego
10-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Always wanted to catch this show but always forgot. Started watching this season and love it.

Question for those that watch it.......They show 2 episodes B2B. Is the first 1 new and the next 1 a repeat of another season??

chicagohockey
10-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Always wanted to catch this show but always forgot. Started watching this season and love it.

Question for those that watch it.......They show 2 episodes B2B. Is the first 1 new and the next 1 a repeat of another season??

Yes the first one is the new season and the 2nd one from a previous season.

nyrblue2
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes the first one is the new season and the 2nd one from a previous season.
Yea, they used to show 2 new episodes back to back for the first couple season, but they got away from it.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-28-2009, 03:14 AM
I have 8 episodes sitting on my DVR and haven't watched a single one yet! FML.

I've just been so fucking busy... and I am also waiting for my roomie to catch up with previous seasons. I got her hooked! She's on season 3, almost there.

I can't freaking wait to sit down and watch these bad boys!!!!

Doctego
11-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Anyone watch "The League" right after it?? Pretty funny and very applicable to us.

nyrblue2
11-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Anyone watch "The League" right after it?? Pretty funny and very applicable to us.
Didn't see it yet, but I think it's available OnDemand from my cable company (I know other FX shows are), so I might catch it soon.

eff1ngham
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
It was surprisingly funny. Worth watching a second episode

nyrblue2
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
It was surprisingly funny. Worth watching a second episode
Just watched the first episode - pretty funny. The others aren't available OnDemand for some reason, so I'll have to catch up by downloading or streaming them or something.

Doctego
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Shit. I totally forgot to watch this week.

eff1ngham
11-08-2009, 11:50 PM
The second one was pretty good too, seems like it's a keeper :yes:

Zangetsu
07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Just started watching the first two seasons of this show last week. Great stuff. My favorite episode so far is the welfare episode.

Also, while the gang is funny when they talk amongst themselves, some of my favorite exchanges so far have been when they have to interact with normal people. The gang is so disconnected from reality, that when they are pitted up against average people, they look even crazier.

Charlie trying to explain that he's in AA because he blew up a building by throwing a flaming bag of poop into a window was great. He says it like it's something that may happen to him a few times a week, while the rest of the AA meeting is looking at him like he's a lunatic.

nyrblue2
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
"Hi. I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

Season 6 starts Sept. 16th.

Zangetsu
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
^^^One of my favorite scenes so far.

Gotta remember to set the DVR. FX, right?

looch17
07-20-2010, 06:14 PM
I have been starting to watch this show on Comedy Central (Monday nights) and I have to so its pretty funny. I am definitely going to start watching the new season on FX while continuing to watch old episodes on CC. Good stuff lol.

nyrblue2
07-20-2010, 11:55 PM
^^^One of my favorite scenes so far.

Gotta remember to set the DVR. FX, right?
Yup, new ones are still on FX.

Zangetsu
07-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks. I'll definitely be tuning in.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Stoked on season 6. Thanks for the reminder. Dex and Sunny in September. Can't wait !

I love the episode when the gang is trying to profit off of gas and are subsequently driving around with barrels full of it.

Mac: Wait, wait, the breaks aren't working. You guys why aren't the breaks working?

Charlie: Because I cut the brakes, wild card bitches, yeee haw!!!

edit: Youtube rocks.

YouTube- Wildcard Bitches

chicagohockey
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Stoked on season 6. Thanks for the reminder. Dex and Sunny in September. Can't wait !

I love the episode when the gang is trying to profit off of gas and are subsequently driving around with barrels full of it.

Mac: Wait, wait, the breaks aren't working. You guys why aren't the breaks working?

Charlie: Because I cut the brakes, wild card bitches, yeee haw!!!

edit: Youtube rocks.

YouTube- Wildcard Bitches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos&feature=related)

That was a good episdoe. It's great when they are trying to get a loan from the woman at the bank, that jsut ends up with, which one of us do you want to bang you."

The other thing that makes me laugh until i cry is the end of the episode where they buy the police car, and Charlie is leaving an envelope on the steps of city hall with "Mare" on it. I just about had a heart attack from laughing so hard the first time I saw that.

HABS_FrEaK
07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
oh man just reading about these is making me :lol: at work

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-22-2010, 04:35 PM
hahaha yeah Charlie and his illiteracy never gets old. I love the Gang Solves the North Korea Crisis episode. The scene where Dennis and Charlie are sitting at the Korean bar trying to get intel on their new micro-brew.. fucking hilarious. When Charlie peers back and sees the door marked private.. one of my favorite scenes ever. Makes me LOL every time. :lol:

"Ohhhhh shit! Look at that door dude. You see that door right there, the one marked PIRATE? You think a Pirate lives in there?!?"

"I see a door marked PRIVATE, is that the door you're talking about Charlie?"

"Naw I was talking about, err, I didn't say. Did you, Uh, what did you hear?"

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-24-2010, 02:27 AM
Running through season 5, which I have only seen once.

Too fucking funny.

Dany Devito is so fucking disgustingly funny.

By the way you guys, can I just say as a side note? I am loving this canned wine thing. I think it is brilliant! I mean I'm active, I'm gesturing with my hands and I don't feel restricted! I mean if I was holding a wine glass right now I'd be spilling wine all over the god damned place.

chicagohockey
07-24-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm gonna trip balls!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-01-2010, 01:51 AM
YouTube- Kitten Mittons Its always sunny in philadelphia

I own 3 pairs... yet interestingly enough, no cats. Good job Charlie! :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-01-2010, 02:12 AM
lols... apparently there is a real dicktowel.com

hilarious.

eff1ngham
08-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Yup. I own one :yes:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-12-2010, 01:47 AM
6 days bitches !

nyrblue2
09-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Tonight! Whoohoo!

HABS_FrEaK
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
I've been watching old episode the last few days :D

Can't wait!

looch17
09-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm watching hope it lives up to the hype. From what I have seen from previous seasons I am sure it will.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-18-2010, 02:28 AM
got my milk steak boiling and my wine in a can. ready to go !

HABS_FrEaK
11-19-2010, 02:11 AM
''Whats this word Spa, I feel like you're starting to say a word but you're not finishing it. Are you trying to say spaghetti? Are you taking me for a spaghetti day?''

:lol: great episode today

abusiveninja
11-19-2010, 02:29 AM
''Whats this word Spa, I feel like you're starting to say a word but you're not finishing it. Are you trying to say spaghetti? Are you taking me for a spaghetti day?''

:lol: great episode today

Love how he had the spaghetti in the ziploc bag, haha. Says to the spa chic, "What's your spaghetti policy?"

His dream book was funny, too. His character is priceless.

Doctego
11-19-2010, 06:38 AM
Thursday is a bad DVR day. I have a lot of shit recording at once so I try to get it at 11 when they replay it. For some reason, my DVR accepts the recording at that time but then it cancels out. I only have 1 other recording at that time so I have no idea what the issue is. I have to remember to do it again manually around 8. PITA and I'm not always home to do it.

eff1ngham
11-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah thursday is rough, especially with Fringe eating up an hour at 8pm. Luckily It's Always Sunny and The League replay immediately so I can get those tivo'd at 9 and 9:30

HABS_FrEaK
11-19-2010, 01:41 PM
so you guys haven't heard of the internet?

Thursdays does have a ridiculous amount of good show though

eff1ngham
11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Why watch stuff on the internet when I have tivo

HABS_FrEaK
11-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I just meant for people that are having trouble with tivo on thursdays for some shows. Also if you have a laptop pluging it on your hdtv is very easy

WIS
07-04-2011, 05:13 PM
The Gang Goes Jihad, The Gang Gives Back and Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare were pretty funny.

I just got into this show and it seems like it's getting better and I've only started the series.

Raja
07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
yeah it gets better. Devito isn't even in it until season 2.

WIS
07-07-2011, 12:23 PM
yeah it gets better. Devito isn't even in it until season 2.

All done the first two. Yeah it does get better. Usually I give up on shows if the first 2 episodes or so don't appeal to me, but this series I gave a chance because it starts off slow and picks up.