PDA

View Full Version : Just like the Raiders

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

King_Killah
04-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Josh McCown: Raiders Interested?
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com (http://www.rotowire.com/users/ad_jump.asp?id=999)
Sunday, April 8, 2007 Update: The Lions are reportedly in trade negotiations with the Raiders regarding McCown, the Detroit Free Press reports. Recommendation: The Raiders are thought to be looking to add a veteran QB as they weigh their draft options (QBs JaMarcus Russell/Brady Quinn or wideout Calvin Johnson) with the top pick overall in the upcoming NFL draft.

Yes...bring in McCown... Brilliant. Just another sign showing that Grandpa Al is looking at Calvin Johnson and not a QB in the draft... What dickbags... Sorry Fly, the Raiders are going to be ass for quite some time.

two24four
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
haha, yeah I saw this :lol: :lol:

FlyGuy78
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
yeah i saw this too, but it doesn't mean that they aren't taking Russell. They can't just throw the guy into action in Week 1, he will get killed. They need someone who has atleast played an NFL down. Now last week I was scared they were going to pick up David Carr, but after seeing this, I'm wishing we had. I pray things fall threw and we can somehow end up with another veteran QB. McCown is awful.

b_illin
04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
If they draft Jonhson, McCown could look alright - the kid's got an arm and has always played in shitty situations. Granted, playing for the Raiders is not a great situation, but I think he may surprise.

mrtybrodur30
04-24-2007, 07:14 AM
im a niner fan so i love seeing the raiders like this, seeing the raiders play last year was just pathetic they could get peyton manning tomorrow and they still wont be good they have no offensive line whatsoever, any qb they have will have no time to throw and will get sacked crazy amounts like last year until they strengthen their o-line

FlyGuy78
04-24-2007, 06:54 PM
im a niner fan so i love seeing the raiders like this, seeing the raiders play last year was just pathetic they could get peyton manning tomorrow and they still wont be good they have no offensive line whatsoever, any qb they have will have no time to throw and will get sacked crazy amounts like last year until they strengthen their o-line

That is why they let go a few of the OL already and signed Cooper Carlisle from DEN, Jeremy Newberry from SF, and Cornell Green from TB (and previously DEN).

Dubz
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=212671&hubname=nfl

Rhodes suspended 4 games.....substance abuse

Here's their guy:
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/players/bio/?id=1764&hubname=nfl-raiders

FlyGuy78
07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
LJ will get most of the carries now with Bush and Fargas splitting the rest, but I see Bush being the backup and eventually in the future, the starter. I was glad to see them pick this kid up because I was not happy with having Rhodes as a backup.

Motorcat
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
^ there still going to suck.

:D

FlyGuy78
07-08-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah most likely. I say they are 5-11 at best and that is only if Russell starts from the beginning. I'm not too worried about winning this year as we are still rebuilding. We should be a pretty competitive team in a year or two though.

Dubz
07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
yeah most likely. I say they are 5-11 at best and that is only if Russell starts from the beginning. I'm not too worried about winning this year as we are still rebuilding. We should be a pretty competitive team in a year or two though.

So you are saying the Lions finish 4-12 at best?:muahaha:

King_Killah
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
LJ will get most of the carries now with Bush and Fargas splitting the rest, but I see Bush being the backup and eventually in the future, the starter. I was glad to see them pick this kid up because I was not happy with having Rhodes as a backup.

NOW LaMont Jordan will get most of the carries, unfortunately. Rhodes that dumb ass... See, it is actually Fly's fault. He didn't like Rhodes so he went out and smoked up with him knowing the Rhodes would be due for a test. You sneaky bastard Fly! :lol: Rhodes was going to be their #1. It was talked about all day today on the NFL Network on Sirius Satellite. McCown is going to start the season. You won't see Russell until the Raiders are pretty much out of contention. So that will be by week 4 or 5. ;) As mentioned before, I LOVE that Bush pick in the draft. The first good move they have done in years!

King_Killah
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
So you are saying the Lions finish 4-12 at best?:muahaha:

Nah... I will give the Lions at worst 7-9. I think they finish at .500, 8-8. Calvin Johnson will have that much of an impact right away. CJ will open up their run game big time. Kevin Jones will have a good year, especially with Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett behind him. The big question is will their defense hold up?

Dubz
07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
NOW LaMont Jordan will get most of the carries, unfortunately. Rhodes that dumb ass... See, it is actually Fly's fault. He didn't like Rhodes so he went out and smoked up with him knowing the Rhodes would be due for a test. You sneaky bastard Fly! :lol: Rhodes was going to be their #1. It was talked about all day today on the NFL Network on Sirius Satellite. McCown is going to start the season. You won't see Russell until the Raiders are pretty much out of contention. So that will be by week 4 or 5. ;) As mentioned before, I LOVE that Bush pick in the draft. The first good move they have done in years!

Hilarious

FlyGuy78
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Raiders sign S Darius

By JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer
July 10, 2007

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=Al.PP8s_meRXIo6iouVetaMdsLYF) signed former Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4287/;_ylt=Ao90na9ASHDe_1mw2Oh8dBwdsLYF) on Tuesday, bolstering a unit that was the strongest on the team during a difficult season last year.

The Raiders had the NFL's third-ranked overall defense and No. 1 ranked pass defense last year, despite finishing with an NFL-worst 2-14 record.

Darius could challenge incumbent starter Stuart Schweigert (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6826/;_ylt=AoH8Nm6LXtB7WSdZzwKZ1IgdsLYF) for playing time, adding veteran leadership to a young secondary. Michael Huff (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7756/;_ylt=Ak5SYaRVQ5R93dIuRXVULTcdsLYF), the team's first-round pick in 2006, is at one safety position, while 2005 first-rounder Fabian Washington (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7199/;_ylt=Ai87iESijRaAa9YyLllzqfYdsLYF) and 2003 first-rounder Nnamdi Asomugha (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6367/;_ylt=AnSejkvvzc0_GWz4KIs8.u0dsLYF) are entrenched at cornerback.

"This is an organization that I feel is heading in the right direction with the new coaching staff and the players," Darius said. "I am very optimistic about the change that is taking place within the team."

Darius, who turns 32 next month, had been a mainstay in Jacksonville's secondary since he was the club's first-round pick in the 1998 draft. But the Jaguars released him in June as they try to get younger and faster on defense.

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin worked with Darius previously when he was Jacksonville's defensive quality control coach in 2000.
"He will bring us strong competition and he gives us added flexibility in our secondary," Kiffin said. "Donovin exemplifies hard work and dedication to the game. Working with Donovin at Jacksonville, I was able to see what a phenomenal competitor he is. He will fit great into our team philosophy."

Darius finished his career in Jacksonville with 614 tackles, 14 interceptions, eight forced fumbles, six fumble recoveries and two sacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this move. It gives us a veteran in the backfield. What's the average age of those guys, 24?

King Killah, he is also from Camden, NJ!! :D

Patriot0103
07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Saw this earlier, that's a very good signing. Darius is a great safety, and Oakland will obviously need a lot of their D this yr. to try and save face for the offense.

Doctego
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
How was he a FA all this time??

Patriot0103
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM

Well the Jags released him, because they have a ton of young safeties that they feel are ready and their hoping to go with more youth at DB, plus Darius has an injury history that has haunted them lately.

If you mean, how was he a FA for so long, then who knows...I figured he'd be signed somewhere a while back as well.

Doctego
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Well the Jags released him, because they have a ton of young safeties that they feel are ready and their hoping to go with more youth at DB, plus Darius has an injury history that has haunted them lately.

If you mean, how was he a FA for so long, then who knows...I figured he'd be signed somewhere a while back as well.

That's what I meant.

keys2aFranchise
07-11-2007, 09:28 AM

he was released about a month ago.

King_Killah
07-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Raiders safety Cooper suspended
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }July 20, 2007
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Oakland safety Jarrod Cooper (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5591/;_ylt=Ap08c5VAmJF57aUSxwdqUFMdsLYF) was suspended on Friday for the Raiders' first four regular season games for violating the NFL's policy on steroids. Cooper, a valuable special teams player for the Raiders, will be allowed to participate in training camp and preseason games. But he won't be able to be on the team's active roster until Oct. 1, the day after the teams' fourth game of the season against Miami.

Jarrod, Jarrod, Jarrod....

FlyGuy78
07-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Another nitbag!! What is wrong with these athletes today?

King_Killah
07-30-2007, 10:17 PM
This shit just aggravates me... I don't care if you are the first pick or not. You are a piece of shit until you have proven yourself to be NFL worthy.

Raiders moving forward without No. 1 draft pick JaMarcus Russell
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }July 30, 2007
NAPA, Calif. (AP) -- Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=AvQSjAkC5VM5fo1EKrzNmSYdsLYF) coach Lane Kiffin is worried that rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8255/;_ylt=ApUH1SKFQS3tjXz4tzK92KkdsLYF) is throwing off his learning curve by staying out of training camp in a contract dispute. "We're now getting to the point where we've had enough practices where it is going to be a disadvantage to him once he does get here because he is going to be behind," Kiffin said

What a dick! Fly, you even have to agree dude needs to stop worrying about his paycheck and get to camp. I guarantee whatever he gets will be easily the most money he has ever made in his life.

chgorman
07-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Time for a rookie salary scale/cap. It's long overdue.

FlyGuy78
07-31-2007, 12:53 AM
well since rookies always get paid way too much, this shit is going to happen. Just pay the man what he derserves which is a little more than what Mario Williams got last year. They really should cap this shit so this doesn't happen much, but it does every year. They will get it done.

two24four
07-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Time for a rookie salary scale/cap. It's long overdue.

I know these rookies are getting a ton of $$$, A. Peterson this years #7 overall pick just signed for something like $40 Mil for 4 or 5 years, + $17 Mil is in guaranteed money, I also just read Calvin Johnson wants $30 Mil in guaranteed money.

Dubz
07-31-2007, 08:22 AM
The Lions claim they don't have that much.....

two24four
07-31-2007, 11:04 AM
The Lions claim they don't have that much.....

Yeah but I read they might be able to give him $27.1 Mil.

King_Killah
07-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Report: QB Culpepper works out with Raiders
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }July 31, 2007
OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -- The Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=AnchCLjghG8IfGe2V9ZJGqgLubYF) are taking a look at free-agent quarterback Daunte Culpepper (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4659/;_ylt=AuysKvKa6B7v1.AnQ_ITd.ILubYF), according to a report on The Oakland Tribune's web site. Culpepper was scheduled to work out for the team on Tuesday morning. According to the newspaper, Raiders' coach Lane Kiffin confirmed on Monday that the team was considering the three-time Pro Bowl selection. On Sunday, Kiffin described contract negotiations between the Raiders and quarterback Jamarcus Russell (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8255/;_ylt=AlAHpLNpG3XYkp0sFedLH9MLubYF), the team's No. 1 draft pick, as "going kind of slow."

"We're flying (Culpepper) in," Kiffin told the Tribune. "Any time you have a chance to investigate something that could help our team win, we're going to do it. Obviously, Daunte is something we've been looking into a little bit, and this is the climax of it."

Yes....

FlyGuy78
07-31-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't mind him working out for the Raiders. He's had better days than both Walters and McCown, and with Russell holding out right now, I don't think it's a bad idea to see what he's got left in him. Just because he works out doesn't mean we have to sign him.

FlyGuy78
07-31-2007, 07:14 PM
well it looks like the Raiders are close to signing a one year deal with Culpepper. It seems that McCown hasn't been that impressive in camp and with Russel holding out we could see McCown as the starter with Culpepper being the backup and Russel the #3. I guess that leaves Walters out. Oh well.

Motorcat
07-31-2007, 07:29 PM
desperate move

chgorman
07-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Desperate franchise.

two24four
07-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Desperate franchise.

:lol: pretty much.

I heard something today about them signing Culpepper.

Dubz
07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah but I read they might be able to give him $27.1 Mil.
yep

I of course am an optimist.

If a guy like Stanton goes down will they get any compensation?

King_Killah
07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
well it looks like the Raiders are close to signing a one year deal with Culpepper. It seems that McCown hasn't been that impressive in camp and with Russel holding out we could see McCown as the starter with Culpepper being the backup and Russel the #3. I guess that leaves Walters out. Oh well.

Damn.....Grandpa Al will have a coronary if Andy W. is left out!

FlyGuy78
08-01-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't think Walters is that high on his list anymore now that he has Russell. He is the future of this team. Culpepper and McCown are just keeping his spot warm. We're still atleast 2 years away from seriously competing, so signing Culpepper doesn't hurt them imo.

King_Killah
08-01-2007, 06:18 AM
I don't think Walters is that high on his list anymore now that he has Russell. He is the future of this team. Culpepper and McCown are just keeping his spot warm. We're still atleast 2 years away from seriously competing, so signing Culpepper doesn't hurt them imo.

Your prime, key word here is atleast. I will say three years back to competing, 4 years you will make a play off appearance, but only if Oakland can make good moves. I go back to that Michael Bush pick. At this point, I see that pick as being the best pick, signing they have done in quite some time. The whole hold out, contract dispute thing. Once again, I don't care if you are the first pick or not. You don't know if you are NFL worthy, just because you had a great college career. Russell should have been in camp, getting the snaps in, getting the reps in. The plan was for Russell to take over 100% once Oakland has officially been eliminated from playoff competition. The lack of camp appearances hurt that. The longer he sits, the longer it is before he really gets a shot. I don't mind the Culpepper signing. I don't shit on him like a lot of people do. He got a raw deal in Miami. It wasn't his fault that Miami really wasn't that good. I think Culpepper and McCown will play this full season, the Russell will step in the next season. I am going to be generous and give the Raiders a 6-10 season this year. I am really feeling 5-11, but will give the 6-10 call. Next season they tinker with .500. If they can make some right moves, and/or sign some right people year three they make a splash in the competition.

two24four
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
The next few drafts will be key for the Raiders if they want to make the playoffs in the next few years, even this past one, if Russell is a bust they are F*.

b_illin
08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I think Culpepper is not a bad signing...not a lot to lose with this one.

FlyGuy78
08-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Your prime, key word here is atleast. I will say three years back to competing, 4 years you will make a play off appearance, but only if Oakland can make good moves. I go back to that Michael Bush pick. At this point, I see that pick as being the best pick, signing they have done in quite some time. The whole hold out, contract dispute thing. Once again, I don't care if you are the first pick or not. You don't know if you are NFL worthy, just because you had a great college career. Russell should have been in camp, getting the snaps in, getting the reps in. The plan was for Russell to take over 100% once Oakland has officially been eliminated from playoff competition. The lack of camp appearances hurt that. The longer he sits, the longer it is before he really gets a shot. I don't mind the Culpepper signing. I don't shit on him like a lot of people do. He got a raw deal in Miami. It wasn't his fault that Miami really wasn't that good. I think Culpepper and McCown will play this full season, the Russell will step in the next season. I am going to be generous and give the Raiders a 6-10 season this year. I am really feeling 5-11, but will give the 6-10 call. Next season they tinker with .500. If they can make some right moves, and/or sign some right people year three they make a splash in the competition.

I agree with most of what you said, but don't think it will take 4 years for a playoff shot. I think we can do that by 2009. I just think Russell will play this year as long as the Raiders are out of it. He will get signed, he will see some preseason snaps, and will play some real time this year. Culpepper was told, and agreed, that part of this deal with him this year is not only to compete for the starter, but to help groom Russell into the future starting role. I think Culpepper and him will do well as teammates since they basically have the same build and play the same type of game.

eff1ngham
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Culpepper and him will do well as teammates since they basically have the same build and play the same type of game.

I think this has more to do with the signing than anything else. Plus any plays that are designed for one can be run just as well by the other since they're essentially the same kind of player

Dubz
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Well the thread title says it all
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsTIPq9MJPmP_Wl5gBGl0RA5nYcB?slug=jc-raidersrussell080507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

FlyGuy78
08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
yeah the Raiders are being pricks about this one, and I'm not sure why. This guy is the future of the team and it seems like Grandpa Al has a stick up his ass about his contract. Just pay the fucking man the option bonuses he wants and let's move on. And that's what really hurts the most, it's now about HOW MUCH he is to be getting paid, it's HOW he's going to be getting paid. WHO CARES!!!

Well, this is why I'm happy that we signed Culpepper. When healthy, he is definitely better than McCown and Walters and imo is better than half the starting QB's in the league.

FlyGuy78
08-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey King Killah, can we still call him Fat Sapp?! :lol:

Sapp spent the offseason shedding weight at home in Florida, dropping from 334 pounds late last season to 282 when he arrived at camp last month. He wants to add a few pounds before the season, but he will still be as light as he's been for almost a decade.

King_Killah
08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow...... That a big drop in weight... Yeah, he's still a fat ass!

FlyGuy78
08-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Broncos trade DT Gerard Warren to rival Raiders
By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
August 20, 2007

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- The Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=Arm0R.vF8q_vXoCW4Vi6cYwdsLYF) found a surprising trade partner to unload defensive tackle Gerard Warren (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5450/;_ylt=Aua9nLmj66qTDj525Ds9IkodsLYF) -- the rival Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=AuASZqUq8yDKpGAB4Mdj7UodsLYF).

The Broncos shipped Warren to the Raiders on Monday for an undisclosed 2008 draft pick.

Just one year ago, Warren was deemed the Broncos' best defensive linemen as evidenced by the six-year, $36 million contract he signed before injuries to both big toes led to an unproductive 2006 season. This year, he didn't fit in the system put in place by the new defensive boss Jim Bates, which requires large interior linemen who hold the point of attack rather than penetrate.

Warren (6-foot-4, 325 pounds) is a seventh-year pro who spent the past two seasons in Denver after he was acquired in a trade with Cleveland in 2005. The Browns made him the third overall pick in the 2001 draft out of Florida.

Warren had 51 tackles and 2 1/2 sacks last season and never regained his strength and stamina after a toe injury in training camp hobbled him all year.

The Broncos left him behind when they opened the exhibition season at San Francisco and again when they spent a week in Dallas practicing with the Cowboys before their preseason game Saturday night.

There was some speculation, however, that the Broncos might ditch their plan to trade or release him after the defense played so poorly in San Francisco and Dallas, where starting defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4668/;_ylt=AuNVH.1SZ1OJtDYHlHWo5X0dsLYF) was lost for the season with a torn Achilles' tendon.

Washington and Indianapolis were interested in Warren but might have been hoping for his release so they could negotiate their own deal and not compensate the Broncos.
Warren, who cemented his nickname "Big Money" with his contract extension last summer, actually earned about $6.5 million of that $36 million deal. He received $2 million from the Broncos this year in roster and workout bonuses. His salary for the upcoming season is a little less than $600,000.

eff1ngham
08-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Meh. I hoped he would be great when we got him, but it just never worked out. I knew something was up when he didn't make the trip to SanFran

FlyGuy78
08-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know much about the guy, I was hoping some Bronco Fans could enlighten me. He was a #3 overall pick at one point.

eff1ngham
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
It's not like he was bad either. D tackles never put up huge numbers, but he was a big reason that our defense ranked highly against the run. He was really durable too, the guy didn't miss many games until lately. But I think we were expecting a little more out of him, and with a new defensive scheme he doesn't really fit into the mix

FlyGuy78
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
MAN WAS I PISSED OFF WHEN I READ THIS UNTIL I READ THE BOTTOM.......THEN DID A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH FOR MYSELF!!

Report: McCown to start for Raiders
Josh McCown, QB OAK
News: NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Wednesday that the Raiders will name Josh McCown their starting quarterback for Week 1 vs. Detroit, not Daunte Culpepper. Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said that he has told his quarterbacks who his starter was, but neither confirmed or denied their roles on Tuesday.
Analysis: McCown seemingly had a leg up on Culpepper because he had been with the Raiders since the 2007 draft when he got traded there from Detroit, his Week 1 opponent. We thought that Culpepper would be the pick since he was more effective during the preseason, but McCown did have more first-team reps than Culpepper, who came aboard the Raiders' ship during training camp. McCown is a low-end option at QB for Fantasy owners this week; we'd recommend Culpepper as a sleeper if he had been given the nod. One last note: The Raiders have lied to NFL Network's Adam Schefter before, so there's a chance that it could be happening again.

AND THEN I FOUND THIS.................

Daunte Culpepper: Smile Hints at Opening Gig
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com (http://www.rotowire.com/users/ad_jump.asp?id=999)
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Update: Culpepper was all smiles after the "private" meeting with Coach Lane Kiffin to inform both Culpepper and Josh McCown (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5967/;_ylt=AvXmbEXCmBLf.G7K2clQ9VwH8sMF) of who would start the season against the Lions, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: While both players and the coach remained silent as to who would start, the players' respective body language left little doubt it will be Culpepper. This was expected given that Culpepper outplayed McCown in the preseason despite signing late, and, frankly, is much more talented.

King_Killah
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Hahaha..... Fly you know it is going to be McCown!

Here is a little more:

Kiffin won't choose starting quarterback just yet

By Jason Jones - Staff Writer

Published 4:59 pm PDT Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C1

Daunte Culpepper looked good on one touchdown drive Thursday, but his competition with Josh McCown for the Raiders' starting quarterback job still is unsettled with many feeling McCown still holds the honor to start 9/9.

Maybe this was Lane Kiffin's plan all along.

Give the finalists for the starting quarterback job little to work with and see who does the best. The Raiders' head coach did that, and guess what? He still doesn't have an answer as to who will be the starting quarterback. At least he isn't spilling the beans if he does.

The Raiders lost to their final preseason game to the Seattle Seahawks 19-14 Thursday night at Qwest Field.

But the only competition that mattered to the Raiders was between Josh McCown and Daunte Culpepper for the starting quarterback job.

It's looking more and like Kiffin, ever the gamesman, is willing to wait until 5 minutes before kick off game day, Sept. 9th's season opener against Detroit to name a starter and make the Lions -- and everyone else -- wonder who will start the game

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
yeah nfl.com and total access are still saying that McCown is going to be announced as the starter.. ohhh the suspense!

Luckily for Raider nation, it shouldn't be too stressful or matter too much, cause their team is still gonna be bottom feeding no matter who starts at QB :cool:

FlyGuy78
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
It'll be Culpepper and the Raiders won't be as bad as most think this year!! ;)

King_Killah
09-05-2007, 09:59 PM
It'll be Culpepper and the Raiders won't be as bad as most think this year!! ;)

I am glad you can hang onto the wishful thinking!!! I was giving the Raiders a 6-10 season this year, but dropped it to 5-11. They have a better than good shot at being as bad or worse than I think this year. When you figure 6 losses will come from the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers right off the bat... Then a week one loss to the Lions. That's 0-7 right there. I really hope Cayuga doesn't come on stating he'll bet the Raiders go 0-fer, since he did that last year and they won the very next game after his claim. :lol:

MrScientist
09-09-2007, 04:22 PM
McCown starts :D

And I wish these announcers would stop playing up Warren Sapp. Yeah he lost weight, but he does NOT look like a LB lol

King_Killah
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Now Fly will you STFU and listen when you are being spoken to.....

1. What is told to Fly: JOSH McCOWN will start. Fly cries: Daunte Culpepper is going to start. Result: he STARTS and actually has a decent day.

2. What is told to Fly: THE RAIDERS will absolutely lose week 1. Fly cries: No way the Lions beat the Raiders. Result: Raiders LOSE week 1.

3. What is told to Fly: Calvin Johnson will have an immediate impact. Fly cries: Calvin Johnson won't be noticed, rookies historically have bad first seasons. Calvin Johnson is like Freddie Mitchell. Result: 4 Catches, 70 Yards, 1 TD - impact.

4. What is told to Fly: Start Calvin Johnson over Jerry Porter. Instead Fly: Starts Jerry Porter. Result: Calvin Johnson 11 points, Jerry Porter 2.

Dubz
09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I loved it when every Raider gathered in the middle of the field jumping up and down like they had won the freakin' game. Talk about classless.....

FlyGuy78
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Now Fly will you STFU and listen when you are being spoken to.....

1. What is told to Fly: JOSH McCOWN will start. Fly cries: Daunte Culpepper is going to start. Result: he STARTS and actually has a decent day.

2. What is told to Fly: THE RAIDERS will absolutely lose week 1. Fly cries: No way the Lions beat the Raiders. Result: Raiders LOSE week 1.

3. What is told to Fly: Calvin Johnson will have an immediate impact. Fly cries: Calvin Johnson won't be noticed, rookies historically have bad first seasons. Calvin Johnson is like Freddie Mitchell. Result: 4 Catches, 70 Yards, 1 TD - impact.

4. What is told to Fly: Start Calvin Johnson over Jerry Porter. Instead Fly: Starts Jerry Porter. Result: Calvin Johnson 11 points, Jerry Porter 2.

1. If Culpepper started, we probably would have won. McCown looked awful at the end trying to bring them back. Good stats, yes, good day, no!! I'm glad he hurt himself at the end of the game.

2. Atleast they scored more than 3 lousy points like your Falcons. :rolleyes:

3. Nitbag, if you could read you know I said all that about ANTHONY GONZALEZ, not Calvin Johnson. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he did well and he did. Calvin will put up very good rookie numbers, AGonzo will not.

4. I only started Porter because I thought Culpepper was really going to be the starter. I didn't believe all the reports since the Raiders lie like the best of them. Culpepper won the job, he should have started.

Dubz
09-09-2007, 11:21 PM
1) Don't whine
2) the Lions are better
3) Dauntes Inferno still has a shot....Mccown looked good:flamed:
4) I win our bet.....The Lions have a better record than the classless Raiders
5) The JETS fans have less class than the Raiders:hahano:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I like how when Detroit scored it's final TD of the game, Williams or Johnson or whoever the hell it was, I like how the Raider fans in the black hole all threw shit at him and tried to pick a fight. So sad. :lol:

FlyGuy78
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I like how when Detroit scored it's final TD of the game, Williams or Johnson or whoever the hell it was, I like how the Raider fans in the black hole all threw shit at him and tried to pick a fight. So sad. :lol:

That's not sad, that's the Black Hole and had he got 2 inches closer, he might not of seen his helmet (or his head) for the rest of the day, cause they would have ripped it off of him. They are some of the craziest fans you will ever see!! ;)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
That's not sad, that's the Black Hole and had he got 2 inches closer, he might not of seen his helmet (or his head) for the rest of the day, cause they would have ripped it off of him. They are some of the craziest fans you will ever see!! ;)

hahaha trust me I know.. I went to the Pitt/Oakland game last season and nearly got MY ass handed to me. :lol: You'd think cause I'm a cute little chick that they would of let up but noooope, not even for a second. After Big Ben handed the game over to the Raiders on a silver platter, the emotional abuse and verbal harassment really got thrown around at myself and the thousands of other Pitt fans that dared to brave the Coliseum. Good times!! :D

One of my good buddies has season tickets to the Raiders (why he pays for that shit is beyond me) but his "seats" are actually in the Black Hole.. I'm sure he was one of the ones screaming and throwing shit at yesterday's game but I've yet to speak to him about it :lol:

King_Killah
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
hahaha trust me I know.. I went to the Pitt/Oakland game last season and nearly got MY ass handed to me. :lol: You'd think cause I'm a cute little chick that they would of let up but noooope, not even for a second. After Big Ben handed the game over to the Raiders on a silver platter, the emotional abuse and verbal harassment really got thrown around at myself and the thousands of other Pitt fans that dared to brave the Coliseum. Good times!! :D

One of my good buddies has season tickets to the Raiders (why he pays for that shit is beyond me) but his "seats" are actually in the Black Hole.. I'm sure he was one of the ones screaming and throwing shit at yesterday's game but I've yet to speak to him about it :lol:

I have a similar story from when my wife and I went to an Eagles/Falcons game at the old Vet, up in the freakin' 700 level behind the end zone. I was rockin' one of my Falcons jerseys and she goes, I wanna be cute like you and wear your other one. I was like no you don't, that went back and forth for a few minutes, finally I just threw her the other jersey. Yeah, well... that game ruined her from ever going to another football game ever. But, I will have to say she held her own while the verbal abuse was taking place. Good stuff!!!!

King_Killah
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
1. If Culpepper started, we probably would have won. McCown looked awful at the end trying to bring them back. Good stats, yes, good day, no!! I'm glad he hurt himself at the end of the game.

2. Atleast they scored more than 3 lousy points like your Falcons. :rolleyes:

3. Nitbag, if you could read you know I said all that about ANTHONY GONZALEZ, not Calvin Johnson. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he did well and he did. Calvin will put up very good rookie numbers, AGonzo will not.

4. I only started Porter because I thought Culpepper was really going to be the starter. I didn't believe all the reports since the Raiders lie like the best of them. Culpepper won the job, he should have started.

Oh my God..... you have absolute mush for brains... When the thread went around talking about Calvin Johnson you argued that rookies have shit first seasons, then the list came out with Randy Moss, etc. and you provided your list that included Fredie Mitchell. You dumbass...

FlyGuy78
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a similar story from when my wife and I went to an Eagles/Falcons game at the old Vet, up in the freakin' 700 level behind the end zone. I was rockin' one of my Falcons jerseys and she goes, I wanna be cute like you and wear your other one. I was like no you don't, that went back and forth for a few minutes, finally I just threw her the other jersey. Yeah, well... that game ruined her from ever going to another football game ever. But, I will have to say she held her own while the verbal abuse was taking place. Good stuff!!!!

true story as that is one of my favorite Bubby stories, and for those that don't know King's wife, her nickname is the Bayonne Brawler (she grew up there) and will whoop your ass almost as fast as King will. We love Bubby!! :D

King_Killah
09-10-2007, 12:32 PM
true story as that is one of my favorite Bubby stories, and for those that don't know King's wife, her nickname is the Bayonne Brawler (she grew up there) and will whoop your ass almost as fast as King will. We love Bubby!! :D

Dude.....when Tim Dwight exploded for a kick return, then the very next play when Brian Mitchell ran it back and the dude in the row in front of us was mocking us and said what do you see now... and she came out with "I see your mother eating my ass..." Hahahahaha............ :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Dude.....when Tim Dwight exploded for a kick return, then the very next play when Brian Mitchell ran it back and the dude in the row in front of us was mocking us and said what do you see now... and she came out with "I see your mother eating my ass..." Hahahahaha............ :lol:

Priceless! You caught yourself a good woman there eh Killah :lol:

FlyGuy78
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM

That is exactly why we love Bubby!! Plus, she's a great cook! :D

King_Killah
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Back on point... McCown did a pretty good job. I don't think Culpepper would have had the same game. I don't think he would have thrown for 300+ and 2 TDs. ...and I certainly don't think he would have had any better success and leading them back after Detroit went up 26-21. At this point, what I would be concerned with is your defense. That was supposed to be the strong point of the team and they gave up 36 to Detroit.

There should be a definite concern for the team as a whole. I think too much time was spent choosing the starting QB. It was gonna be McCown all along, everyone, at least the ones with a clue, knew that was gonna happen. Russell may sign Wednesday.

Bright spot: Curry's 10 for 133 w/TD.

King_Killah
09-10-2007, 01:16 PM
That is exactly why we love Bubby!! Plus, she's a great cook! :D

Damn....I am hungry!

King_Killah
09-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Priceless! You caught yourself a good woman there eh Killah :lol:

I would have to say I did well... :lol:

FlyGuy78
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Back on point... McCown did a pretty good job. I don't think Culpepper would have had the same game. I don't think he would have thrown for 300+ and 2 TDs. ...and I certainly don't think he would have had any better success and leading them back after Detroit went up 26-21. At this point, what I would be concerned with is your defense. That was supposed to be the strong point of the team and they gave up 36 to Detroit.

There should be a definite concern for the team as a whole. I think too much time was spent choosing the starting QB. It was gonna be McCown all along, everyone, at least the ones with a clue, knew that was gonna happen. Russell may sign Wednesday.

Bright spot: Curry's 10 for 133 w/TD.

First half, offense blew, defense was good. Second half, offense was good, defense blew. Curry did amazing and Jordan, and I'll admit McCown (until the end of the game) did pretty well. Porter was ASSHOLE!! I'm not sure if that was his fault or McCown's for not looking his way, or just because Curry got open all day, but Porter needs to step it up.

I'm not so sure McCown is the right choice though. He has NO mobility which means in order for him to succeed, he needs time in the pocket which this line can't give him. Atleast Daunte can scramble.

King_Killah
09-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Finally...

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8255/;_ylt=ArIjF_.xBG3Ui7.liOmjCikdsLYF) and the Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=AhIJTllS0G26807PDALG4fAdsLYF) agreed in principle Monday night to a six-year contract that will guarantee the quarterback more than $30 million in the richest contract ever for a rookie.
The two sides met in person Monday for the third time in four days and were hashing out final details of the contract, according to a person familiar with the talks who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not finalized. The final contract needs to be approved by the NFL, but it will be worth at least $60 million with about $31 million guaranteed, the person said. An official announcement could come Tuesday.

He has a lot of catch-up work to do. A little to late to help the Raiders this season.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Finally...

He has a lot of catch-up work to do. A little to late to help the Raiders this season.

richest contract in rookie history? Wow. Oakland is really banking a lot on this kid eh? Wish I could say I hope it pans out, but.... :D

Not only do I dislike the Raiders, being a Pitt fan, but I also really despise the fact that these douche bags are pretty much commanding whatever salaries they want, especially when they are rookies and completely unproven at an NFL level. It's just utterly ridiculous to me. :rolleyes:

King_Killah
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
richest contract in rookie history? Wow. Oakland is really banking a lot on this kid eh? Wish I could say I hope it pans out, but.... :D

Not only do I dislike the Raiders, being a Pitt fan, but I also really despise the fact that these douche bags are pretty much commanding whatever salaries they want, especially when they are rookies and completely unproven at an NFL level. It's just utterly ridiculous to me. :rolleyes:

Agreed..... they shouldn't get paid $.30 before they make an NFL completion, catch, gain a yard...

.......and yes that goes for Atlanta's 2008 first round draft pick: Brian Brohm

FlyGuy78
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm getting a Russell jersey this week!! :D

And I also agree that rookies in the NFL shouldn't get paid billions before they even step out onto the green carpet!!

King_Killah
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm getting a Russell jersey this week!! :D

And I also agree that rookies in the NFL shouldn't get paid billions before they even step out onto the green carpet!!

Did you get Dwayne the Berzerkers e-mail?

http://myworld.ebay.com/fargoducks (http://myworld.ebay.com/fargoducks)

Dude has good prices... I didn't look at all he has, but jerseys at $45.99, not bad.

FlyGuy78
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah they are some good prices. I LOVE that he has a Bo Jackson jersey!! :D

FlyGuy78
09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Josh McCown has broken finger
Josh McCown, QB OAK
News: NFL Network reports that Raiders QB Josh McCown has a fractured index finger on his throwing hand and is expected to be sidelined for at least a couple of weeks. Daunte Culpepper is expected to take McCown's place in the Raiders' starting lineup. Earlier this week, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said that McCown was going to be his starter at Denver, but that was before this news came out.
Analysis: McCown's future is unclear at this point, but expect him to miss at least three weeks. Culpepper should replace McCown and be serviceable as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy QB. Neither passer is worth a look when the Raiders face a tough secondary in Denver in Week 2.

It's Daunte time!! :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Josh McCown, QB OAK
News: NFL Network reports that Raiders QB Josh McCown has a fractured index finger on his throwing hand and is expected to be sidelined for at least a couple of weeks. Daunte Culpepper is expected to take McCown's place in the Raiders' starting lineup. Earlier this week, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said that McCown was going to be his starter at Denver, but that was before this news came out.
Analysis: McCown's future is unclear at this point, but expect him to miss at least three weeks. Culpepper should replace McCown and be serviceable as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy QB. Neither passer is worth a look when the Raiders face a tough secondary in Denver in Week 2.

that was quick. :lol:

not exactly the way I figured Culpepper into the lineup but I knew we'd see him at SOME point.. From a fantasy standpoint I sure hope he finds some chemistry with Porter, damn it.

FlyGuy78
09-12-2007, 04:15 PM
that was quick. :lol:

not exactly the way I figured Culpepper into the lineup but I knew we'd see him at SOME point.. From a fantasy standpoint I sure hope he finds some chemistry with Porter, damn it.

You ain't the only one. As a Raiders fan, I want that to happen even moreso!!

King_Killah
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Josh McCown, QB OAK

Awww.....poor wittle McCown's finger hurts... :cry:

I saw the dude had Bo Jackson!

King_Killah
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
It's been some time since we got to post in the Just Like the Raiders thread...

For something that wasn't as pretty, Oakland punter Shane Lechler got mixed up and ran a fake punt even though the Raiders had audibled away from it. He took a four yard loss. Said coach Lane Kiffin: "Ten of 11 guys got it; Shane didn't."

Way to go genius!

FlyGuy78
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
It's been some time since we got to post in the Just Like the Raiders thread...

Way to go genius!

That's funny!! Maybe since he was 10 yards back he didn't hear the audible, ever think of that KIFFIN!! :rolleyes: Still a nitbag though. I bet Kiffin would have been happy if he got a 1st down out of it!! :D

FlyGuy78
10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Raiders consider dropping Rhodes

News: According to published reports, The Raiders are contemplating releasing RB Dominic Rhodes. It was first reported over the weekend that the Raiders have made Rhodes available via trade. If Rhodes is released, he will first have to clear waivers. If that happens, then he will become an unrestricted free agent.

Analysis: If Rhodes is released, it will end a disappointing tenure with Oakland. Signed in the offseason away from the Super Bowl champion Colts, Rhodes was brought in to compete with LaMont Jordan for carries. But Rhodes was slammed with a four-game suspension and wasn't activated until Week 6. He has played in two games, but has only nine carries for 21 yards. It is clear that the Raiders favor Jordan and Justin Fargas over Rhodes at this time. Unless something changes in the days to come, Rhodes is a less than desireable Fantasy option for Week 8 against the Titans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And King Killah was claiming he would take over the starting job from Jordan the week he got back from suspension. Hey King, hope you didn't place a bet on that one!! :rolleyes::D

King_Killah
10-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Raiders consider dropping Rhodes

News: According to published reports, The Raiders are contemplating releasing RB Dominic Rhodes. It was first reported over the weekend that the Raiders have made Rhodes available via trade. If Rhodes is released, he will first have to clear waivers. If that happens, then he will become an unrestricted free agent.

Analysis: If Rhodes is released, it will end a disappointing tenure with Oakland. Signed in the offseason away from the Super Bowl champion Colts, Rhodes was brought in to compete with LaMont Jordan for carries. But Rhodes was slammed with a four-game suspension and wasn't activated until Week 6. He has played in two games, but has only nine carries for 21 yards. It is clear that the Raiders favor Jordan and Justin Fargas over Rhodes at this time. Unless something changes in the days to come, Rhodes is a less than desireable Fantasy option for Week 8 against the Titans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And King Killah was claiming he would take over the starting job from Jordan the week he got back from suspension. Hey King, hope you didn't place a bet on that one!! :rolleyes::D

First if he gets cut, it is his own fault for being an off-season douche to begin with........ 2nd. Of course he only had limited plays. Since he was suspended, he wasn't allowed to practice with the team. But, it is only natural for the Raiders to make an asshole move. It never surprises me.

FlyGuy78
10-27-2007, 07:14 AM
An asshole move, you were saying this was one of the best moves they made all off-season claiming he would be the starter for the Raiders until they could get Bush up to speed. I say Rhodes is nothing more than a product of a good system out in IND.

King_Killah
10-27-2007, 09:28 AM
An asshole move, you were saying this was one of the best moves they made all off-season claiming he would be the starter for the Raiders until they could get Bush up to speed. I say Rhodes is nothing more than a product of a good system out in IND.

Dude... pay attention.

One of the best moves the made all season was signing Rhodes.

Asshole move is letting him go.

There is no way... NO way you can say Rhodes is nothing more than a product of a good system and not say the same thing about Jordan. Please. Rhodes owns Jordan in the big picture. Dickface just had to pull dickface shenanigans in the off season.

FlyGuy78
10-27-2007, 10:13 AM
What he did in the off-season has nothing to do with why he may get cut. He sucks. He isn't getting the ball since he sucks. He doesn't do anything when he gets the ball since he sucks. Jordan is MUCH better than Rhodes. Jordan is in the Top 10 in all rushing categories this year. Hell, Fargas is better than Rhodes. And don't tell me that Jordan is the product of a good system since he didn't have a good system in NYJ and doesn't have one here.

King_Killah
10-27-2007, 10:47 AM
What he did in the off-season has nothing to do with why he may get cut. He sucks. He isn't getting the ball since he sucks. He doesn't do anything when he gets the ball since he sucks. Jordan is MUCH better than Rhodes. Jordan is in the Top 10 in all rushing categories this year. Hell, Fargas is better than Rhodes. And don't tell me that Jordan is the product of a good system since he didn't have a good system in NYJ and doesn't have one here.

Are you seriously a jack ass???? If he didn't get hit with the suspension because of breaking the NFL substance abuse policy, he would have been there from day one, learning plays. Rhodes owns Jordan. Jordan benefitted from his ONE productive season where he ripped off an average of 5.1 because of Jones and that Jets run game which was pretty damn good. Jordan is a piece of shit. The only reason he is close to top ten is because the Raiders have no other choice. He gets touches by default because the passing game in Oakland is piss poor. That is like Denver having a top rated pass defense. Their run defense is shitbox so teams run against them tainting the stats against their pass defense making them look better then they are. LaMont Jordan would not be a starter on ANY other team in the NFL. He sucks monkey sack.

FlyGuy78
10-27-2007, 12:54 PM
LaMont Jordan would not be a starter on ANY other team in the NFL.

And you say you know football. How sad. :rolleyes:

King_Killah
10-27-2007, 07:32 PM
And you say you know football. How sad. :rolleyes:

Let's review it then:

Arizona Cards - Edge James / Jordan not starting here.
Atlanta Falcons - Warrick Dunn splits with Jerious Norwood / Jordan not even a #2 here.
Baltimore Ravens - Willis McGahee / Jordan probably fights Musa Smith for #2 here, therefore not starting.
Buffalo Bills - Marshawn Lynch / Jordan not starting here.
Carolina Panthers - DeShaun Foster & DeAngelo Williams / jeez #3 at best in Carolina.
Chicago Bears - Cedric Benson / Jordan would probably lose out to Adrian Peterson as well, so you are looking at #3.
Cincinnati Bengals - Rudi Johnson with Kenny Watson as #2 / Jordan drops to #3 in Cincinnati.
Cleveland Browns - Jamal Lewis / Jordan at best splits with Jason Wright at #2, not starting.
Dallas Cowboys - Julius Jones & Marion Barber III / ehhh, no Jordan space in Big D.
Denver Broncos - TravASS Henry / as much as I don't like Henry, Jordan wouldn't replace him or Selvin Young.
Detroit Lions - Kevin Jones / damn, Jordan would be #4 in Detroit with Taint Bell and TJ Duckett in town.
Green Bay Packers - Trio of Brandon Jackson, Verand Morency, and DeShawn Wynn / Jordan wouldn't start over Jackson or Morency. If they both got hurt, he may split with Wynn but Wynn would still be named starter.
Houston Texans - Ahman Green / Ron Dayne forces Jordan to #3 which Samkon Gado would give Jordan a fight for.
Indianapolis Colts - Joseph Addai / Jordan wouldn't see the light of day with the emergence of Kenton Keith.
Jacksonville Jags - Fred Taylor & Maurice Jones-Drew / I don't like Drew much but Jordan wouldn't even take his spot.
Kansas City Chiefs - Larry Johnson / Priest Holmes just bumped Jordan to easily #3 here and I wouldn't be surprised if Kolby Smith gave him a rough ride for that spot.
Miami Dolphins - Ronnie Brown / Sorry no Jordan here. Well, I guess with Brown hurt, Jordan could split with Chatman and Booker.
Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson & Chester Taylor / no room here.
New Orleans Saints - Deuce McCallister & Reggie Bush / Again as much as I dislike McCallister, Jordan wouldn't start over him. He gets bumped to #4 at best with Stecker in the line up.
New England Patriots - Laurence Maroney / Owns Jordan. Faulk and Sammy Morris, ehhh...
New York Giants - Brandon Jacobs / Jordan couldn't even get #3 in NYG.
New York Jets - Thomas Jones / Jordan wouldn't beat out Leon Washington either.
Philadelphia Eagles - Brian Westbrook / West is the whole team, so no way he starts there.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Willie Parker / Where is he starting in Pittsburgh?
San Diego Chargers - LaDanian Tomlinson / oh that's right, he starts over LT. Get the f*ck out of here. Not even over Michael Turner.
Seattle Seahawks - Shaun Alexander / He doesn't get the start in Seattle.
San Francisco 49ers - Frank Gore / he sits in SF.
St. Louis Rams - Steven Jackson / rides the FlyGuy pine in St. Louis.
Tampa Bay Buccs - Cadillac Williams / wouldn't start over Bennett or Earnest Graham either.
Tennessee Titans - LenDale White / wouldn't start over Brown or Henry.
Washington Redskins - Clinton Portis & Ladell Betts / would not see a snap in Washington.Lucky for him he plays in shitbag Oakland who doesn't know what they are doing just yet. One good move in signing Rhodes. One good move in drafting Bush. One good move in looking at Dwight. But for those three steps forward, they take a giant step back if they cut Rhodes. You are only sucking Jordan because he plays on the Raiders. Otherwise you'd shit on him too.

FlyGuy78
10-27-2007, 11:40 PM
you are the DUMBEST fucking person I ever met.

He would start in...........

ATL, CAR, CHI, DEN, DET, GB, HOU (would battle Green), and possible TB.

The fact that you have him as #3 and even #4 on some teams shows you know NOTHING about football, even less that what I originally thought. You make Willy look like a freaking genius!!!

And on a shitbox offense he is outproducing all but nine of those guys on your fucking stupid list. Just please stop posting in this thread, you are making yourself look dumber and dumber by the minute. I know you HATE LaMont Jordan, but that doesn't mean he sucks.

King_Killah
10-28-2007, 11:22 AM
you are the DUMBEST fucking person I ever met.

He would start in...........

ATL, CAR, CHI, DEN, DET, GB, HOU (would battle Green), and possible TB.

The fact that you have him as #3 and even #4 on some teams shows you know NOTHING about football, even less that what I originally thought. You make Willy look like a freaking genius!!!

And on a shitbox offense he is outproducing all but nine of those guys on your fucking stupid list. Just please stop posting in this thread, you are making yourself look dumber and dumber by the minute. I know you HATE LaMont Jordan, but that doesn't mean he sucks.

Fly -- shut the f*ck up. As I have mentioned over and over he is nothing more than a glorified back-up at best. You are blinded since he is on your team. The f*cked up thing you just did was out of all the teams above you listed, you say he would battle Green in Houston and he is probably the softest of all the backs on the other teams above you jack ass. You are just blinded by the love affair you have with Jordan. Now pay attention, Fly... I'll say it again. Oakland has a shit ass offense. Practically no passing game. This puts more of a skewed, tainted effect on Jordan's numbers. No pass game = more run plays. More run plays = by default equals more yards. Look at the other guys that are above him in yards: Larry Johnson 139 attempts because of a shitty pass game offense, Tomlinson 122 attempts who should actually have more but Norv is a dick coach, TravASS Henry 119 spread out offense, Cutler stumbled but you know as well as everyone else that Denver is a run offense, Willie Parker - Pittsburgh is a run offense, Ronnie Brown 119 attempts they have even less of a pass game then Oakland, Edge James 155 attempts the one player on the list that actually has a balanced offense, Willis McGahee 146 attempts. Boller, McNair... The common denomenator is shitty pass games = better looking run games by default.

Get over yourself and Jordan already... Oh wait you are the same one who had a boner for Robert Esche too... Another one who was a glorified back-up. :rolleyes:

FlyGuy78
10-28-2007, 11:55 AM
So since MIA has a SHIT PASS OFFENSE, Ronnie Brown's numbers this year don't mean shit. He was only the product of a poor passing offense. YOUR THEORY MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE!! That means that Tom Brady's numbers are only that good since they have no running game. I don't care if a team runs or passes more than others, the fact of the matter is that Jordan is doing his job, and in the beginning of the season was doing it fantastic. And I find it funny how you say he sucks yet you will continue to start him on your fantasy team that you have him on, oh why, because he is a better start than most fucking RB's. Your hatred for him has blinded you, not my love for him. Oh and by the way, I don't love LaMont Jordan. He is a good RB, but don't think that I have man love for him.

King_Killah
10-28-2007, 12:05 PM
So since MIA has a SHIT PASS OFFENSE, Ronnie Brown's numbers this year don't mean shit. He was only the product of a poor passing offense. YOUR THEORY MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE!! That means that Tom Brady's numbers are only that good since they have no running game. I don't care if a team runs or passes more than others, the fact of the matter is that Jordan is doing his job, and in the beginning of the season was doing it fantastic. And I find it funny how you say he sucks yet you will continue to start him on your fantasy team that you have him on, oh why, because he is a better start than most fucking RB's. Your hatred for him has blinded you, not my love for him. Oh and by the way, I don't love LaMont Jordan. He is a good RB, but don't think that I have man love for him.

Because in that ONE league that I happen to have him in...I have no other backs. Chester Taylor is in and Ron Dayne is in my flex. Trade me a RB. I was actually going to drop him and pick up Justin Fargas just to see what you would say. Haha... The only other options I have are a hurt Derrick Ward, Reuben Droughns, Correll Buckhalter, or Leon Washington... That's why... not because he's better than most RBs are you retarded?? Look at it for real OK. I don't hate him. I like him as a #2 back. Another point that I made over and over.

--- edit --- football is on... I am out!

King_Killah
10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh shit...... Watch out..... Tidal wave..... That totally incredible awesome back that they have there in Oakland... Shit.... 16 yards... f*ck. What was I thinking to shit on him like that? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

F*ck LaMont Jordan.

FlyGuy78
10-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh shit...... Watch out..... Tidal wave..... That totally incredible awesome back that they have there in Oakland... Shit.... 16 yards... f*ck. What was I thinking to shit on him like that? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

F*ck LaMont Jordan.

Every back is aloud a bad game. It happens. He's also playing hurt. You weren't saying this shit earlier in the year when he was producing better than most backs. He's good when healthy. You just will never admit that.

Dubz
10-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Lions= 5-2
Oak= 16 yards? ( havent checked but I've grown to trust the King)

Have they actually CUT the real RB yet?

King_Killah
10-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Every back is aloud a bad game. It happens. He's also playing hurt. You weren't saying this shit earlier in the year when he was producing better than most backs. He's good when healthy. You just will never admit that.

He is a good back up. That's it.

King_Killah
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Lions= 5-2
Oak= 16 yards? ( havent checked but I've grown to trust the King)

Have they actually CUT the real RB yet?

You can check if you feel the need! ;)

No...Rhodes isn't cut yet.

moans
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
So FArgas is starting LOL. Jordan can't even start on the Raiders now.

FlyGuy78
11-08-2007, 03:05 PM

since Jordan hurt himself, they have been giving him less and less carries. With their season basically over, they are trying out other options. You will see JaMarcus very soon. And as much as I defend Jordan, I still know and want Bush to be our future starter.

Dubz
11-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I'd like to see the Rookie out there... this week.

King_Killah
11-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Do I even have to say it???? .......................JORDAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since Jordan hurt himself, they have been giving him less and less carries. With their season basically over, they are trying out other options. You will see JaMarcus very soon. And as much as I defend Jordan, I still know and want Bush to be our future starter.

Russell...you still got time before you see him.

Bush...I agree with that 100%.

FlyGuy78
11-09-2007, 10:27 PM
You will see Russell no later than Week 10!!

Dubz
11-09-2007, 10:50 PM

:yes:

King_Killah
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM

If Kiffin is half as smart as he sounds:

You better make sure you have the right stuff around him...

"Just because you play doesn't make you a better player," Kiffin said. "There are guys who can go through really bad experiences and you have to deal with that. ... Now all of a sudden, you got to go rebuild him from a guy who has been successful his whole career playing quarterback. You got to rebuild him from him doubting himself, his self confidence. "It's a lot more valuable to play a guy when he's ready to play as opposed to just throw a guy in and let him make mistakes."

You don't want him in just yet... If I were going to start him, I would wait until week 13 at home vs. Denver. Chicago isn't what they once were, but they will feast on a shit-infested team like the Raiders. Then you are AT Minnesota who is a solid defense and AT Kansas City who is another solid defense. After Denver you have 4 extremely tough games. AT Green Bay, vs. Indy, AT Jax, vs. San Diego. At this point, I think he sits. Just because the fans call for you doesn't mean its the best time. Let him sit. Take the practice reps with the 2nd team. Let him go through an entire camp. Pre-season. Wait until next season before you play him. Just because he was good in college. The NFL is a different ball game. ...and it actually sounds like Kiffin may be smart about it.

FlyGuy78
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
MIN has a great run defense, not a pass defense, so I see no reason to sit him there. KC is a team he should definitely play since he will see them a lot, and please get off of KC's defense. They are mediocre at best. The last 4 games are tough games, but he should still see time in them. Kiffin isn't that smart, hell, he left Culpepper in a game where he had fumbled the ball 4 times with a chance to win the game, and what happens, oh yeah, SHOCKER, he turned the ball over again. I will say it again, YOU WILL SEE RUSSELL BY WEEK 10!!!

And King, CHI defense sucks ballz. Even a nitbag like McCown can probably rip that defense apart this year.

FlyGuy78
11-10-2007, 08:20 AM
OH and sorry, I'm getting my weeks confused. I meant to say that Russell will be playing NEXT week which is actually Week 11, not 10. I didn't mean to say he would be in there this week vs. CHI.

King_Killah
11-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Bring him in now...... I smell Tim Couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!

FlyGuy78
11-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Bring him in now...... I smell Tim Couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!

You better take a hot shower and unclog those nostrils of yours!! :rolleyes:

King_Killah
11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
And King, CHI defense sucks ballz. Even a nitbag like McCown can probably rip that defense apart this year.

:eek: Did you actually convince yourself of this???? :rolleyes:

FlyGuy78
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
:eek: Did you actually convince yourself of this???? :rolleyes:

convince, no, but CHI defense is horrible. You said it yourself. Too bad the Raiders couldn't rip apart a HS defense this year, exactly why it is perfect timing for the QB of the future to step in and show these fools how it's done.

King_Killah
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
convince, no, but CHI defense is horrible. You said it yourself. Too bad the Raiders couldn't rip apart a HS defense this year, exactly why it is perfect timing for the QB of the future to step in and show these fools how it's done.

I said that they weren't as good as they were. That they've lost a step. That teams no longer fear them. I didn't say they "suck ballz" at all. But just like the Raiders to make another team look like a dominating force.

Fly...you should make the drive down to Dadz and watch the games. They have the Raiders on. You can see first hand how shitty they actually are instead of reading about it on Yahoo Sports or something. There was one play where Warren "I'm Still a Piece of Shit" Sapp was trying to run down Cedric Benson. Hahahahaha... That shit should be on plays of the day.

FlyGuy78
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
I watch highlights of the game through NFL.com and Raiders.com, so I see how much they suck, trust me. And if I didn't have to work every sunday now that I'm in school, I would take the drive down. :(

King_Killah
11-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I watch highlights of the game through NFL.com and Raiders.com, so I see how much they suck, trust me. And if I didn't have to work every sunday now that I'm in school, I would take the drive down. :(

:lol::lol::lol: They actually have highlights to show on Raiders.com?

FlyGuy78
11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
:lol::lol::lol: They actually have highlights to show on Raiders.com?

sometimes, yes. it's sad. :rolleyes:

King_Killah
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Back to how SHITTY LaMont Jordan is.

As a result, the team needed to activate Sam Williams to fill the void and Jordan was the odd man out, as coach Lane Kiffin opted for Justin Fargas, Dominic Rhodes, Justin Griffith and Oren O'Neal ahead of Jordan. Either way, it seems as though Jordan's days as a Raider are numbered

Jordan, one giant piece of shit!

...and Fly you thought it would be Rhodes getting the boot. Jordan just SUCKS! Face it!

King_Killah
01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Rob Ryan is out as the Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/)' defensive coordinator, the San Jose Mercury News is reporting.
Ryan was told by the team before its season-ending loss to San Diego on Sunday that his contract would not be renewed, and he was embraced by a number of his players on the sideline after the game. No official announcement has been made.
Ryan, who spent three seasons running the Raiders' defense under three head coaches, is expected to join the staff of the New York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/) as their defensive coordinator.

Mistake on the Raiders part. Rob Ryan is a solid defensive coordinator. Problem is, you can only do so much with old bags of shit like Warren Sapp. Good luck in NYJ-land.

FlyGuy78
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I like Rob Ryan too, but maybe two years ago was a fraud, because the defense that played this year was nothing like the defense from two years ago, and not much of the personnel changed. I wish him luck in Jetland with Mangina!! :D

Doctego
01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Mistake on the Raiders part. Rob Ryan is a solid defensive coordinator. Problem is, you can only do so much with old bags of shit like Warren Sapp. Good luck in NYJ-land.

Hasn't he been on a recent list of potential NFL HC candidates?? If that's the case, I find it hard to believe that he isn't suited to run a shitbox D but he is suited to run an entire team.

FlyGuy78
01-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Sapp tells Raiders he's retiring, ending stellar career
By JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer
January 3, 2008

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Warren Sapp (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3140/;_ylt=AoWkFB1E6B4TRDHLUsPjFkQdsLYF) told the Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=AingnOuyC7gDy.ufJDtxAj8dsLYF) on Thursday that he was retiring, ending the career of one of the best defensive tackles to play in the NFL.

Sapp told the Contra Costa Times that he phoned Raiders owner Al Davis with the news Thursday. The Raiders had no official comment, but coach Lane Kiffin hinted at Sapp's decision earlier this week.

Sapp, 35, was the quintessential "three technique" tackle during his 13-year career, lining up between the guard and tackle and splitting that gap. Few did it better than Sapp, who made seven Pro Bowls, won the AP Defensive Player of the Year award in 1999, and was a key cog in Tampa Bay's Super Bowl winning defense in the 2002 season. "Every defensive tackle that's drafted in the top five is supposed to be the next (me)," Sapp said earlier this season. "All of them have that tag. ... I've played the game pretty well, so if I'm the standard by which (they'll) be judged, that's tough, because I'd like to relive that guy, too. He's a bad boy. He's dead now. I give you flashes of him every now and then but, nah, that guy was sick."

After having 10 sacks in 2006, Sapp wasn't as successful this season when he finished with only two. He was also part of a Raiders defense that struggled against the run, allowing a league-worst 4.8 yards per carry.

Sapp was no longer the every-down menace he was during his younger days in Tampa, but he could still pick his spots. In his final game against San Diego, Sapp shot through a gap and hit quarterback Philip Rivers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6763/;_ylt=AtaxMMeSagoDw0HRc_RSjbIdsLYF)' forearm before he could hand the ball off to LaDainian Tomlinson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5452/;_ylt=AudkB0Y.Gibt8NHVjbVGbl0dsLYF), causing a fumble.

"You get a little older, you can see your weaknesses a little bit more and go about 45-50 plays now," Sapp said late in the season.

"But there's still some good gas in the tank and I'm still able to make the plays."

Sapp finished his career with 96 1/2 sacks, the 28th most since the NFL began keeping track of the statistic in 1982. What made that even more remarkable is that Sapp played primarily on the inside at tackle, where sacks are traditionally much harder to come by.

Sapp was considered a coach on the field by the defensive staff on the Raiders and was viewed as a leader by the young players that surrounded him.

"I felt like having him here made me a better football player," Raiders linebacker Kirk Morrison (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7254/;_ylt=AiROaU1hGqsP8wrX5vqL5I0dsLYF) said. "He was the leader of this defense. They say the middle linebacker is supposed to lead, but the guy has been in the league 13 years and he's seen it all. I leaned on him. There's so much more for me to learn from him I don't want him to leave yet."

Sapp began his career in Tampa Bay in 1995, where he helped turn one of the league's perennial losers into Super Bowl champions following the 2002 season. The Buccaneers had only three winning seasons in 19 years before Sapp arrived.

Along with linebacker Derrick Brooks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3141/;_ylt=AtWjKhwmvAtWiAERfIZZYAcdsLYF) and safety John Lynch (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2441/;_ylt=Av_xL5lpyI35YtOqDazXV8AdsLYF), Sapp was a mainstay on the Bucs defense under coach Tony Dungy. The success they had helped make the "Tampa Two" defense a staple around the league and sent Tampa to the postseason five times in six years from 1997-2002.

Sapp became known as much for his sterling play as he did for his entertaining trash talking on the field.

"I can't stop that," Sapp said. "I'm going to do that as loud as I can for as long as I can because it just gets me going. That's the way I play the game. I can't help it."

Sapp starred in college at the University of Miami, where he arrived as a tight end and left as the best defensive player in the country. He slipped to No. 12 in the 1995 draft after testing positive for marijuana at the scouting combine.

That was just one controversy in Sapp's career. In 2002, he nearly ended the career of Packers offensive tackle Chad Clifton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5073/;_ylt=Asw5RlhkkSjAPBHuUD.RijUdsLYF) with a vicious hit while trying to throw a block after an interception. Then-Packers coach Mike Sherman confronted Sapp on the field after the game, calling it a dirty play.

Sapp was fined $50,000 for bumping an official in 2003 and was fined $75,000 after being ejected following three personal fouls in the second-to-last game of his career against Jacksonville.

King_Killah
01-04-2008, 12:46 AM
:p:angelic::yes::cheers::headbang::wave:

Oh f*cking glory day................ Sapp it retiring!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

King_Killah
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Hasn't he been on a recent list of potential NFL HC candidates?? If that's the case, I find it hard to believe that he isn't suited to run a shitbox D but he is suited to run an entire team.

Can't say that I heard his name floating around for HC jobs. He should take the Baltimore job if that is the case. His game is their style. I think he could excel there as HC. He would need to bring in a young guy or two on defense since they are aging, make some tweaks on the offense. Let the defense run the shit again.

Doctego
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Can't say that I heard his name floating around for HC jobs. He should take the Baltimore job if that is the case. His game is their style. I think he could excel there as HC. He would need to bring in a young guy or two on defense since they are aging, make some tweaks on the offense. Let the defense run the shit again.

You think?? That's quite the understatement.:lol:

King_Killah
01-04-2008, 01:29 AM
You think?? That's quite the understatement.:lol:

You don't think that piece of shit Boller can get it done? Hahahahaha!

suckerpuncher
01-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm getting confused now.
On monday they say the fire Ryan and now they say they'll keep him.

Does anybody know in that organization what the other guy does? But I assume that's how the Raiders work.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
I heard that W.Saap want's more time to eat Hungry Man dinners on the sofa on Sunday afternoons

King_Killah
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm getting confused now.
On monday they say the fire Ryan and now they say they'll keep him.

Does anybody know in that organization what the other guy does? But I assume that's how the Raiders work.

Its the Raiders... So this news fits in the Just Like the Raiders thread. No one has a clue as to what is going on over there in Oakland.

King_Killah
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I heard that W.Saap want's more time to eat Hungry Man dinners on my sofa on Sunday afternoons

Bonger??????????? :eek::eek:

You'll go broke if you had Sapp over eating Hungry Mans.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Bonger??????????? :eek::eek:

You'll go broke if you had Sapp over eating Hungry Mans.

seriously :lol:

Spartan
01-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Raiders coach refuses to heed owner's call to resign

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

Unbelievable just...unbelievable.:rolleyes:

b_illin
01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Raiders coach refuses to heed owner's call to resign

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

Unbelievable just...unbelievable.:rolleyes:

I don't blame Kifflin one bit. A) he didn't do THAT bad a job considering and B) if he resigns, he forfits his salary over the next 2 years whereas if he gets fired, he gets a sweet severance package. Hmmmm, quit and forgot $4mm or wait to get fired and like get $2mm+ - tough choice!

King_Killah
01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Can the city of Oakland start a riot or somehow overthrow Grandpa Al??? There is no way in Hell that the Raiders will ever be a remotely respectable team until Al is no longer in charge. He is old. He is feeble. He is senile. He no longer has a clue of what makes a good team and what doesn't.

Al must go, Al must go, Al must go...... (come on Fly...you know you want to chime in on the chant) Al must go, Al must go......

Spartan
01-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Ha! Al Davis is too crazy to keep his coaches but still too cheap to fire them. Sorry Fly you will have to be like us Lions fans and patiently wait for your owner to keel over and die before you can expect improvement.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-25-2008, 06:14 PM
omg al davis is fucking nuts

FlyGuy78
01-27-2008, 01:18 AM
sry....this is actually my fault. I forgot to give Grandpa his medication so he went on this rant about firing Kiffin. BIG mistake. Won't happen again. Kiffin will be back with us next year.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-27-2008, 06:16 AM
my sharks buddy chris had no idea this drama was even going on. he lives in SJ and is a die hard raiders fan who reads the sports page every morning @ work. Weird how there isn't much local coverage over this lately spectacle.. maybe the locals are already too used to Davis being senile and completely off his rocker.

the good news is that he's old enough to die soon

b_illin
01-27-2008, 06:21 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/26/SPGLUMPBT.DTL

King_Killah
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
my sharks buddy chris had no idea this drama was even going on. he lives in SJ and is a die hard raiders fan who reads the sports page every morning @ work. Weird how there isn't much local coverage over this lately spectacle.. maybe the locals are already too used to Davis being senile and completely off his rocker.

the good news is that he's old enough to die soon

It is odd that national news is not being covered that big locally. However, I do agree that the people in the area have been dealing with Grandpa Al's ridiculousness for years, so they probably just turn a cold shoulder to it.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-30-2008, 07:15 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/26/SPGLUMPBT.DTL

great article bill thanks! Imma pass this on to a friend or two. If I can morally call a Raiders fan a "friend" :cool:

King_Killah
01-30-2008, 08:53 AM
You know what the Raiders should do?? They should go through all the off-season motions, prep for the season. Then when the season starts.....they ALL should "strike" and not show up for the game. Just walk-out. F*ck Grandpa Al. Fly knows, I have been ragging on his old senile grump ass for years now. The Raiders will NEVER be a team until Al is out of the picture. They will just be a group of guys, 30% backing one guy, 25% backing another, 20% backing another, 15% backing yet another, with the last 10% not giving a f*ck because they have an NFL contract. Al is ridiculous...and must go.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
You know what the Raiders should do?? They should go through all the off-season motions, prep for the season. Then when the season starts.....they ALL should "strike" and not show up for the game. Just walk-out. F*ck Grandpa Al. Fly knows, I have been ragging on his old senile grump ass for years now. The Raiders will NEVER be a team until Al is out of the picture. They will just be a group of guys, 30% backing one guy, 25% backing another, 20% backing another, 15% backing yet another, with the last 10% not giving a f*ck because they have an NFL contract. Al is ridiculous...and must go.

sad isn't it? I mean.. what the Raiders have become. I agree with you and probably 90% of NFL viewers in saying that Davis is washed up and fucking crazy. He should be wearing diapers in a convelescent home, not running an NFL team.

I truely feel bad for their die hard fans who are all about the Raider Nation and have stuck by through all of the BS - well some of them anyway...

FlyGuy78
01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
I truely feel bad for their die hard fans who are all about the Raider Nation and have stuck by through all of the BS - well some of them anyway...

:werd::banghead::werd::banghead:

Spartan
03-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Oh dear god!

Raiders agreed to terms with Javon Walker on a six-year, $55 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed. He'll make $27 million in the first three years.
Al Davis has lost his mind. Even Walker's old coach Mike Shanahan said the receiver eventually needed microfracture surgery on his chronically sore knee. No one else was bidding for Walker, and many teams publicly denounced any interest. Walker gained 57 yards on seven catches in his last five games last year, and barely seemed able to run. Perhaps he'll recover, but Walker isn't worth Randy Moss money even when healthy. Like Moss' deal with Oakland, this one could end ugly.
Source: NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=C19041DAB85E862ADCCCCF56DAEB4859? id=09000d5d80709c14&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Somebody needs to assassinate Al Davis

keys2aFranchise
03-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Now reports that Russell is almost 300 pounds- maybe he is taking Sapps' position?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/1.html

King_Killah
03-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Now reports that Russell is almost 300 pounds- maybe he is taking Sapps' position?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/1.html

Hahahahahahahahahaha.............................. :wtf: Fly. You should have gotten Lorenzen from the NYG. I read a little while ago that he checked in at 275 and the team wanted him to shed weight. If he ballooned up. Hahaha... :lol:

two24four
03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Wow, 300lbs, that's crazy if true, they need to get that boy on a diet and fast.

walker42500
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Al Davis is giving out big money to DT's these days.......

Saw this on another site
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7670/78881486lj8.png

FlyGuy78
03-10-2008, 10:13 PM
hey, if the fucker can still run, i'd like to see the person willing to stand in his way!! :D

Dubz
03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Wow...the fly guy does exist, here i thought he was just a character in kids books:lol:

I suppose our rivalry bet is on again for next season\:evilgrin:

Nice pic Walker

FlyGuy78
03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/DeAngelo-Hall-is-about-to-be-a-Raider-and-is-odd?urn=nfl,72334

DeAngelo Hall is about to be a Raider and is oddly happy
about it

Steve Wyche of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that DeAngelo Hall is on the brink of being a Raider (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/18/halltradeburst_0319.html). The Falcons are sending him to Oakland in return for 2nd- and 6th-round draft picks. Hall's flying to Oakland tomorrow to sign a new contract.

There's no word on the monetary terms of the new contract, but guessing by what the Raiders have done so far this offseason, I'm guessing the contract is somewhere in the ballpark of 4 years, $365 million dollars.

HAHAHAHAHA!! That would be one HELL of a contract. Looks like Grandpa Al is atleast making an effort to better this team.

King_Killah
03-19-2008, 04:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/DeAngelo-Hall-is-about-to-be-a-Raider-and-is-odd?urn=nfl,72334

DeAngelo Hall is about to be a Raider and is oddly happy
about it

Steve Wyche of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that DeAngelo Hall is on the brink of being a Raider (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/18/halltradeburst_0319.html). The Falcons are sending him to Oakland in return for 2nd- and 6th-round draft picks. Hall's flying to Oakland tomorrow to sign a new contract.

There's no word on the monetary terms of the new contract, but guessing by what the Raiders have done so far this offseason, I'm guessing the contract is somewhere in the ballpark of 4 years, $365 million dollars.

HAHAHAHAHA!! That would be one HELL of a contract. Looks like Grandpa Al is atleast making an effort to better this team.

You have to be missing a decimal point somewhere..... There is NO WAY IN HELL that De Hall is getting $365 million for 4 years. $91+ Mil a season. Come on.

I saw that Hall was looking to be heading out there last week. Are you ready..... I LIKE THIS MOVE FOR OAKLAND!!! I guess the 2 & 6 rounders are worth it. There is a CB that we can get in the 2nd that can replace Hall.

A move that Grandpa Al did that makes sense.... Except if $365mil is the actual number, then that is just overly retarded. Please tell me a decimal is missing or the # of years is off.

Spartan
03-19-2008, 11:20 PM
You have to be missing a decimal point somewhere..... There is NO WAY IN HELL that De Hall is getting $365 million for 4 years. $91+ Mil a season. Come on.

I saw that Hall was looking to be heading out there last week. Are you ready..... I LIKE THIS MOVE FOR OAKLAND!!! I guess the 2 & 6 rounders are worth it. There is a CB that we can get in the 2nd that can replace Hall.

A move that Grandpa Al did that makes sense.... Except if $365mil is the actual number, then that is just overly retarded. Please tell me a decimal is missing or the # of years is off.

The NFL Network said it was supposed to be 7 years 70 million to Hall.

FlyGuy78
03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
King, the writer was obviously joking. :)

King_Killah
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
The NFL Network said it was supposed to be 7 years 70 million to Hall.

That's more like it.

FlyGuy78
03-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Done deal........7 years - $70 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvI7kcmmS1pYVKy5s7zibdlDubYF?slug=ap-raiders-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good job Grandpa Al, now just do the right thing and have you're people announce on draft day........

"With the 4th overall pick in this years' draft, the Oakland Raiders select Darren McFadden."

King_Killah
03-24-2008, 07:50 AM
The Raiders can't continue to roll after making a good move....

The Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/) may not be finished re-working their roster quite yet. According to the Fresno Bee, the Raiders have interested in signing veteran quarterback Trent Dilfer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2900/).
Dilfer was released earlier this year by the San Francisco 49ers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sfo/). The 36-year-old Dilfer started six games for the 49ers last season, passing for 1,166 yards with seven touchdowns, 12 interceptions and a 55.1 passer rating before being lost for the season with a concussion.
If he were to sign with Oakland, Dilfer would serve as a backup and mentor to JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8255/), who is expected to become the starter in 2008 after being the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft. The Raiders also have Andrew Walter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7245/) on the roster, and it is possible that Daunte Culpepper (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4659/) will re-sign with Oakland.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Signing Dilfer or re-signing Culpepper........................ Hahaha...

FlyGuy78
03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
The Raiders can't continue to roll after making a good move....

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Signing Dilfer or re-signing Culpepper........................ Hahaha...

After seeing what Culpepper did last year, fuck him and I'll take Dilfer as a backup over him. And it's no worse of a signing (if it happens) than ATL bringing back Harrington!! :rolleyes::D

King_Killah
04-28-2008, 05:33 PM
we'll get back to this thread...

So much for Jordan already being cut... Jordan is still in, Rhodes just got the cut.

FlyGuy78
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
RAIDERS RELEASE RHODES

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP)—The Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=AhzpvDXKQU8MOP3SeyX4oNoyNbgF) released running back Dominic Rhodes (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5793/;_ylt=AoR8ngNPmm1Wf7qGzoZpr2oyNbgF) on Monday, two days after using their top draft pick to take big-play back Darren McFadden.

Oakland had a glut at running back after the draft and began addressing it almost immediately by announcing the team cut ties with Rhodes. The Raiders still have two backs with 1,000-yard seasons on their roster in Justin Fargas (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6432/;_ylt=AvNo0T5Yq1MyvBw87o2RVsAyNbgF) and LaMont Jordan (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5496/;_ylt=Auru3mYJdq76OuNW51PKMG8yNbgF), as well as last year’s fourth-round pick Michael Bush (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8354/;_ylt=An9o6KrGOFv7_Eb0iPTpjkAyNbgF).

Rhodes signed a two-year contract with the Raiders last offseason after helping Indianapolis win the Super Bowl. He restructured his contract earlier this offseason and was expected to share the rushing load with Fargas before McFadden was drafted.

Rhodes was suspended for the first four games last season for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. He played sparingly until Fargas went down with a knee injury late in the year. Rhodes ran for 237 yards the last two games of the season. He finished with 302 yards rushing in 10 games last season.

His best year came as a rookie with the Colts, when he ran for 1,104 yards in 2001. Rhodes shared the rushing load with rookie Joseph Addai (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7779/;_ylt=AjpBXcCA321f8PXp8PzrpM4yNbgF) in 2006, and ran for 113 yards and a touchdown that helped the Colts beat the Bears 29-17 in the Super Bowl.

Fargas and McFadden are expected to be the main backs in Oakland next season, with Jordan likely to be the next running back cut loose.

Fargas ran for 1,009 yards in 2007 despite starting only seven games. He signed a $12 million, three-year contract that guarantees him $6 million.

McFadden, the fourth pick in the draft Saturday, was the top-rated running back after rushing for 4,590 yards and 41 touchdowns in three seasons at Arkansas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, Rhodes is gone (thank the Lord) and Jordan will be next (praise the Lord) leaving us with Fargas/McFadden/Bush. That's three pretty damn good RB's if you ask me. And I'm sure we'll find someone to fill our DT need.

King_Killah
04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
There, Rhodes is gone (thank the Lord) and Jordan will be next (praise the Lord) leaving us with Fargas/McFadden/Bush. That's three pretty damn good RB's if you ask me. And I'm sure we'll find someone to fill our DT need.

You are so full of shit... You have sucked off Jordan day after day, now its praise the lord that he is leaving.

FlyGuy78
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
You are so full of shit... You have sucked off Jordan day after day, now its praise the lord that he is leaving.

Yes, he was good and then turned to shit last year. With the backs we have now, I'm thankful he's gone and we're moving on to other, more talented backs. I liked him, I wasn't in love with the guy.

King_Killah
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes, he was good and then turned to shit last year. With the backs we have now, I'm thankful he's gone and we're moving on to other, more talented backs. I liked him, I wasn't in love with the guy.

He was never good, he was always shit and you slurped him like a chocolate milkshake.

I do agree... Bush/McFadden = more talented backs.

But you were in love with him. Dig through the old posts...you made him sound like Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
so I own Fargas in a keeper.. he was a fill in when Portis got injured. I was thinking about keeping him for insurance purposes but he is a little vagina who always injures himself, it seems.

McFadden - think he is the starter by the end of the season or am I reaching??

King_Killah
04-29-2008, 10:41 PM
so I own Fargas in a keeper.. he was a fill in when Portis got injured. I was thinking about keeping him for insurance purposes but he is a little vagina who always injures himself, it seems.

McFadden - think he is the starter by the end of the season or am I reaching??

Its actually hard to say what Oakland is going to do. Look, I am not shitting on McFadden. I think he has potential to be in the Adrian Peterson category, I just don't think the Raiders made the right pick.

First we have to see if he can cure his fumblitis that he had in college. We also have to see if Fargas can play at the level he played last year. It will very likely be a running back by committee out there in Oakland, mainly with Fargas and McFadden, which sucks because I really like Bush and think he has the ability to be a solid back, but "just like Oakland" they will under-utilize him.

I don't see McFadden getting 700 yards, actually laughed when I was watching an ESPN piece and the dude said he didn't think McFadden will gain 800 yards. There is NO offensive line in Oakland. That offense for as talented it is on paper and as talented as it can be on the field will not have an easy time.

Are you referring to Portis as a little vagina or Fargas?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Its actually hard to say what Oakland is going to do. Look, I am not shitting on McFadden. I think he has potential to be in the Adrian Peterson category, I just don't think the Raiders made the right pick.

First we have to see if he can cure his fumblitis that he had in college. We also have to see if Fargas can play at the level he played last year. It will very likely be a running back by committee out there in Oakland, mainly with Fargas and McFadden, which sucks because I really like Bush and think he has the ability to be a solid back, but "just like Oakland" they will under-utilize him.

I don't see McFadden getting 700 yards, actually laughed when I was watching an ESPN piece and the dude said he didn't think McFadden will gain 800 yards. There is NO offensive line in Oakland. That offense for as talented it is on paper and as talented as it can be on the field will not have an easy time.

Are you referring to Portis as a little vagina or Fargas?

hmm thanks a lot Killah. My buddy Chris was talking about Bush and he was saying similar things. The way they run things in Oakland is really perplexing. I kinda feel bad for their fans.

Oh and I was def talking about J Fargas! Though... I do find Portis to be a tad inconsistent at times - which can be sometimes frustrating in fantasy h2h leagues. :\

FlyGuy78
04-30-2008, 11:47 AM
OAK will play Fargas and McFadden the same way the Saints played McAllister and Bush (until McAllister went down). McFadden will be playing all over the field in many different spots. He is great catching the ball and could line up in a slot position. I believe Fargas will get more carries this year unless either he fucks up or McFadden pulls an Adrian Peterson and just runs loose. Bush will most likely be the breather back giving one of those two guys a rest when needed.

Snipes16
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
OAK will play Fargas and McFadden the same way the Saints played McAllister and Bush (until McAllister went down). McFadden will be playing all over the field in many different spots. He is great catching the ball and could line up in a slot position. I believe Fargas will get more carries this year unless either he fucks up or McFadden pulls an Adrian Peterson and just runs loose. Bush will most likely be the breather back giving one of those two guys a rest when needed.

From a fantasy perspective, wouldn't Michael Bush be the best option for goaline touches seeing how he's the biggest of the 3 and his TD ratio at Louisville was off the charts.

I heard this week on the radio (cant remember who it was) that Rhodes had an agreement with the Raiders when he restructured his contract that if Oakland were to take McFadden then they'd cut him loose.

They went on to say that Rhodes could end up back in Indy with Kenton Keith's troubles not helping his cause.

FlyGuy78
05-02-2008, 10:29 AM
From a fantasy perspective, wouldn't Michael Bush be the best option for goaline touches seeing how he's the biggest of the 3 and his TD ratio at Louisville was off the charts.

I heard this week on the radio (cant remember who it was) that Rhodes had an agreement with the Raiders when he restructured his contract that if Oakland were to take McFadden then they'd cut him loose.

They went on to say that Rhodes could end up back in Indy with Kenton Keith's troubles not helping his cause.

Yes, Rhodes knew at the time of his resigning that he would be let go if McFadden was taken.

And Snipes, I could see Bush being the goaline guy for OAK. He is the biggest as you said and would probably be used on 3rd down and short.

King_Killah
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM

Yeah I heard that Rhodes may end up in Indianapolis also.

two24four
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah I heard that Rhodes may end up in Indianapolis also.

What does that mean for Mike Hart then?

King_Killah
05-02-2008, 11:29 AM
What does that mean for Mike Hart then?

I would say:

Joseph Addai

Dominic Rhodes/Mike Hart - fight for #2

Kenton Keith will likely be cut.

suckerpuncher
06-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Somethings's wrong with the Raiders.
They already signed McFadden and it's not even regular season. :wtf:

Did Grandpa Al get his meds? Or did somebody negotiate?

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Source: Jason Jones, Sacramento Bee
Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin said on Wednesday that wide receiver Javon Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkJa00-1.php) is currently out of shape. "Javon's a little heavy right now so we're going to continue this off-season to get him down by training camp and the regular season, the final thing that counts," Kiffin said. "He's picking up the offense fine but we've got a long way to go."

You are a newly acquired WR earning a zillion dollars and you show up to your new team looking like Warren Sapp. :lol: How does this happen?

FlyGuy78
06-06-2008, 12:27 PM
You are a newly acquired WR earning a zillion dollars and you show up to your new team looking like Warren Sapp. :lol: How does this happen?

That's funny, cause this article he says he feels good, faster, and lighter on his feet. And from the picture they show, he doesn't look too out of shape. I think he will be fine. We still have 2-3 months until football starts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-walker&prov=ap&type=lgns

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM
That's funny, cause this article he says he feels good, faster, and lighter on his feet. And from the picture they show, he doesn't look too out of shape. I think he will be fine. We still have 2-3 months until football starts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-walker&prov=ap&type=lgns

And that same article, the very next paragraph after Javon Walker says he feels good, faster, and lighter...

The Raiders are still taking things slow with Walker, limiting him to one practice a day at this week’s mandatory minicamp. Coach Lane Kiffin said that Walker is picking up the new offense well, but that conditioning remains an issue.

FlyGuy78
06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
And that same article, the very next paragraph after Javon Walker says he feels good, faster, and lighter...

we got time!!

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
we got time!!

Gotta love the optimism! :beer::beer:

FlyGuy78
06-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Gotta love the optimism! :beer::beer:

Well, I have one of two choices....

1) Cry like a little baby that our owner is older than the game itself and should of let go about 5 years ago, that he is crazier than the craziest nut in the craziest of all institutions, and that he likes to fire coaches more than he does change his underwear

OR

2) Cheer for a team loaded with young talent (including a #1 overall QB and the best RB in the draft this year) and some good new acquisitions in Walker, Carter, and Wilson.

I'll take choice #2 any day of the week!! :D

King_Killah
06-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, I have one of two choices....

1) Cry like a little baby that our owner is older than the game itself and should of let go about 5 years ago, that he is crazier than the craziest nut in the craziest of all institutions, and that he likes to fire coaches more than he does change his underwear

OR

2) Cheer for a team loaded with young talent (including a #1 overall QB and the best RB in the draft this year) and some good new acquisitions in Walker, Carter, and Wilson.

I'll take choice #2 any day of the week!! :D

Then come week four...... you start to feel #1! :lol:

FlyGuy78
06-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Then come week four...... you start to feel #1! :lol:

No, they usually do well in the beginning of the season, it's around week 8 when you know it's basically over. :(

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-08-2008, 06:01 AM
wow.. the Raiders may actually, possibly, maybe break 50/50 this season.... my buddy is STOKED.

Dubz
06-08-2008, 06:05 PM
wow.. the Raiders may actually, possibly, maybe break 50/50 this season.... my buddy is STOKED.

Drop the Bong...back away from the Keg.... get some rest

FlyGuy78
06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I honestly think they are going to do better than most think, but I also believe that is because they have a pretty weak schedule this year. I am calling for a 6-10 season.

King_Killah
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I honestly think they are going to do better than most think, but I also believe that is because they have a pretty weak schedule this year. I am calling for a 6-10 season.

I still have them at 5-11 at best. I have them kicking off the season 0-4.

Week 1 vs. Denver - Loss. This division plays each other strong, no matter how weak any or all of the teams are. I think Denver is still the better team on both sides of the ball. I have to give the nod to Shanahan here.

Week 2 @ Kansas City - Loss. Same as above. The kicker. No one likes playing IN Arrowhead.

Week 3 @ Buffalo - Loss. This is going to be one of those ugly ass bitch games. Buffalo wins something like 33-0.

Week 4 vs. San Diego - Loss. San Diego still owns the division.

Week 5 BYE - Loss. Kiffin/Grandpa Al squabbles... Fans restless... Is Russell really the answer or a $60mil mask covering the deeper issues of the team... McFadden, is he really NFL ready? Can he duplicate Adrian Peterson? All this will come about in the EARLY bye week for the Raiders.

Week 6 @ New Orleans - Up in the air. Which Saints team are you going to get? Better yet!!! Are you gonna bet Mosca on this one? If you bet Mosca at the draft table on this game, I'll side with the Raiders. Seems like everytime he bet Saints last year the Saints lost SU.

Week 7 vs. NY Jets - Win. Same as the Saints. Which Jets team shows up?? If its the piece of shit Mangini-led disaster of last season, the Raiders get their first win.

Week 8 @ Baltimore - Loss. Baltimore still has a rock defense and an answer to their QB issue. Now I know, you'll bring up me bashing JaMarcus Russell starting last season. Here is the differences. Flacco will be in camp and learn the shit bright and early. No holding out. No wasting time. Also, if your other option is Boller, then shit... I would start the Bonger over Boller anyday.

Week 9 vs. Atlanta - Up in the air. Not just saying it because its Oakland vs. Atlanta, but seriously. Matt Ryan will likely get the nod from the beginning. I can't see Artie Blank letting Ryan sit. He did what he needed to do to address the QB issue and he won't let the new "face" of the franchise sit a year. Ryan is a better passer and Atlanta actually has decent receivers. Not happy they just let Crumpler walk though. Jenkins is also looking forward to burning DeAngelo Hall (which is a great pick-up by Oakland by the way) once or twice. Friendly shit talk between the two.

Week 10 vs. Carolina - Loss. As long as Delhomme is healthy. If Jake is out, I'll flop this to the Raiders side.

Week 11 @ Miami - Loss. I actually and honestly believe that the 'phins will pull out a 7-9 or better season. I think they even have a shot at .500 without a problem. I said it when Parcells first went to Miami, I am sticking with it. Obvously the Pats are that division, and I still think Buffalo is about 6-8 steps ahead of them so no playoffs by any stretch, but significant improvements over last year, and getting the Raiders on the schedule helps that.

Week 12 @ Denver - Win. I think these two will split. This one goes to Oakland.

Week 13 vs. Kansas City - Win. Same as above. This one to the Raiders.

Week 14 @ San Diego - Loss. No split here. San Diego owns the division. They'll be fighting for home field in some way or something like that.

Week 15 vs. New England - Loss. Just a small block in the path of another 16-0 season for New England.

Week 16 vs. Houston - Loss. Houston is going to be tough. The one positive for the Raiders is that this game is late in the season. I think Indy and Jacksonville will have the playoff spots locked up, I don't see a 3rd team in that division stealing the 2nd wildcard.

Week 17 @ Tampa Bay - Loss. Tampa is going to need this game to make the playoffs.

So....3-13 could be likely, but a 5-11 season wouldn't surprise me. Anything better than that would surprise me. On the flip side though, I do think the Raiders will be a bettor's favorite. I think they'll cover a lot of the games, so don't be shocked when I start laying Raiders bets.

FlyGuy78
06-09-2008, 02:25 PM
See, this is how dumb you really are. You have them losing at home to DEN, but winning IN Denver. Denver rarely loses at home. You also have us losing to some shitty ass teams.

Week 1 vs. Denver - WIN - Denver is not that good, Cutler hasn't shown shit, and Walker will want his revenge. Russell to Walker for 2 TD's.

Week 2 @ Kansas City - Loss. I can see a loss here being that it's in Arrowhead. That place is RED and SCARY!!

Week 3 @ Buffalo - Up in the air. I agree, ugly ass game, but BUF is a weak team, the Raiders should have as a good of a shot as winning this as they do.

Week 4 vs. San Diego - Loss. San Diego still owns the division. AGREED!!

Week 5 BYE - WIN. Kiffin/Grandpa Al go out to lunch and laugh about how great things are... Russel IS worth every penny of that $60mil we payed him!!... McFadden is DA BOMB!! AP Part 2!!

Week 6 @ New Orleans - Up in the air. I would bet Mosca on this game in a heartbeat. NO needs to get their shit together, but they do have a good squad, so I don't know how much I would bet, but OAK could win this game.

Week 7 vs. NY Jets - Win. JETS SUCK!!! WE STOLE MCFADDEN BITCHES!! :D

Week 8 @ Baltimore - WIN.- Fuck Flacco! The Ravens have the shittiest offense I've ever seen and their defense is NOT what it used to be. It's still good, but not great.

Week 9 vs. Atlanta - WIN. - ATL is the bottom of the bottom when it comes to NFL teams. They are in the worst position than just about any other team not named MIA. OAK should easily win this game, and I'm not saying this cause I hate Atlanta and KK loves them, but bc ATL just sucks that bad.

Week 10 vs. Carolina - Loss. As long as Delhomme is healthy. If Jake is out, I'll flop this to the Raiders side. - AGREED!

Week 11 @ Miami - WIN. - What you wrote was the funniest joke I've read in a long time. NO WAY we lose to the fucking 'Phins this year. NO WAY!!!

Week 12 @ Denver - Loss. Pretty tough to win in DEN.

Week 13 vs. Kansas City - Win. We will take this one as we got beat in Arrowhead.

Week 14 @ San Diego - Loss. No split here. San Diego owns the division. They'll be fighting for home field in some way or something like that. - AGREED!!

Week 15 vs. New England - Loss. - DEFINITELY, 110%, WITHOUT A DOUBT UNLESS TOM BRADY IS IN THE HOSPITAL, AND EVEN THEN....OAK LOSES THIS GAME!!

Week 16 vs. Houston - Loss. This game is tough to call this late in the season, but I'm going to agree with you and say this is a game the Raiders can and probably should win, and end up losing....bad!

Week 17 @ Tampa Bay - Loss. Tampa is going to need this game to make the playoffs. -- AGREED!! But FUCK GRUDEN!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have them at 6-8 with 2 up in the air, if they lost them, they would be 6-10 like I called it, or at best 8-8.

King_Killah
06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Leave it to you Fly, leave it to you... Year after year, week after week, game after game...you say the same things... No way the Raiders are losing to "so and so" and what happens... They lose to "so and so" each and every time. I understand your hesitancy in throwing losses during the Falcons, Ravens, and Dolphins weeks. I even understand the expectancy to win those weeks. Remember, I didn't put the Falcons as a win. I wouldn't be surprised if they did win though... If the Ravens game was played in Oakland, I may have went the other way. Remember, Baltimore almost beat New England last season, and quite honestly probably should have. Don't hate on the Dolphins. You'll see.

As far as the Raiders split with the Broncos, the Raiders won't have it in them to win in week 1. You guaranteed me Amanda's vagina that the Raiders would beat Detroit during week 1 last season, and if I happen to remember correctly, Detroit won that game 31-26 or something close to that. So I will be picking up that vag along with the $25 from the Romo-Young bet we had also. ;):lol::beer: Let's take the Broncos/Raiders series back to when the Raiders were last "good" - 2002. 2002 they won the series 2-0 vs. Denver. Since then they are 2-8 vs. the Broncos. Only one win at home and one on the road. I was being kind and generous by splitting the series this year. I'll gladly take a win away and plop the Raiders down to 4-12. The Broncos are better offensively and defensively than the Raiders, so unless you are banking on special teams alone to win it for you, you are going to have 120 minutes of long football.

Of course the projections can all change once the camps really hit, and pre-season, and all that good stuff.

--God I love football...

FlyGuy78
06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Leave it to you Fly, leave it to you... Year after year, week after week, game after game...you say the same things... No way the Raiders are losing to "so and so" and what happens... They lose to "so and so" each and every time. I understand your hesitancy in throwing losses during the Falcons, Ravens, and Dolphins weeks. I even understand the expectancy to win those weeks. Remember, I didn't put the Falcons as a win. I wouldn't be surprised if they did win though... If the Ravens game was played in Oakland, I may have went the other way. Remember, Baltimore almost beat New England last season, and quite honestly probably should have. Don't hate on the Dolphins. You'll see.

As far as the Raiders split with the Broncos, the Raiders won't have it in them to win in week 1. You guaranteed me Amanda's vagina that the Raiders would beat Detroit during week 1 last season, and if I happen to remember correctly, Detroit won that game 31-26 or something close to that. So I will be picking up that vag along with the $25 from the Romo-Young bet we had also. ;):lol::beer: Let's take the Broncos/Raiders series back to when the Raiders were last "good" - 2002. 2002 they won the series 2-0 vs. Denver. Since then they are 2-8 vs. the Broncos. Only one win at home and one on the road. I was being kind and generous by splitting the series this year. I'll gladly take a win away and plop the Raiders down to 4-12. The Broncos are better offensively and defensively than the Raiders, so unless you are banking on special teams alone to win it for you, you are going to have 120 minutes of long football.

Of course the projections can all change once the camps really hit, and pre-season, and all that good stuff.

--God I love football...

Well you said one thing that makes sense!! :D

FlyGuy78
06-17-2008, 12:29 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raiders WR Walker hospitalized

LAS VEGAS (TICKER) —Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=Apeihnu3xr1x8kjEOfSy7JALubYF) wide receiver Javon Walker (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5906/;_ylt=AjXshMd7WrsmFHCOzS.bNXMLubYF) was found unconscious on the streets of Las Vegas with an orbital fracture on Monday morning, according to the city’s Fox affiliate.
Apparently the victim of a robbery, Walker was taken to the Sunrise Medical Center’s Trauma unit where he was listed in fair condition, according to television station KVVU-5.

As for exactly how the talented 29-year-old received the injury is unknown, but Walker was seen at nightspot Tryst at the Wynn “spraying the crowd with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered,” according to a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Walker, who signed with the Raiders in the offseason, will step into the No. 1 receiver role vacated by Jerry Porter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5076/;_ylt=An7ik8q08QYhQLX3gpsD9g4LubYF), who signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/jac/;_ylt=AvrSgtQMnRuqnON692CtEpMLubYF).

A knee injury limited Walker to just eight games with the Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=AgbAumzcPHqZo17dkCsRF_kLubYF) in 2007. He had just 26 catches for 287 yards and zero touchdowns.

In 2006, Walker had 69 receptions for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns with Denver, bouncing back from a serious knee injury that ended his tenure with the Green Bay Packers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb/;_ylt=AmAGoxDS9GzGVR9H1glL1AwLubYF) the previous season.
A first-round pick of Green Bay in 2002, Walker blossomed in 2004 with a career-high 89 catches and 12 TD receptions.

In six seasons with the Broncos and Packers, Walker has 252 career receptions for 3,815 yards and 30 touchdowns.

walker42500
06-17-2008, 07:27 AM
http://spyonvegas.com/uploaded/6001/631/168090892108ac1fe7b8712a65b8e4f42f11dfb18d.jpg

King_Killah
06-17-2008, 07:50 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raiders WR Walker hospitalized

LAS VEGAS (TICKER) —Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=Apeihnu3xr1x8kjEOfSy7JALubYF) wide receiver Javon Walker (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5906/;_ylt=AjXshMd7WrsmFHCOzS.bNXMLubYF) was found unconscious on the streets of Las Vegas with an orbital fracture on Monday morning, according to the city’s Fox affiliate.
Apparently the victim of a robbery, Walker was taken to the Sunrise Medical Center’s Trauma unit where he was listed in fair condition, according to television station KVVU-5.

As for exactly how the talented 29-year-old received the injury is unknown, but Walker was seen at nightspot Tryst at the Wynn “spraying the crowd with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered,” according to a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Walker, who signed with the Raiders in the offseason, will step into the No. 1 receiver role vacated by Jerry Porter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5076/;_ylt=An7ik8q08QYhQLX3gpsD9g4LubYF), who signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/jac/;_ylt=AvrSgtQMnRuqnON692CtEpMLubYF).

A knee injury limited Walker to just eight games with the Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=AgbAumzcPHqZo17dkCsRF_kLubYF) in 2007. He had just 26 catches for 287 yards and zero touchdowns.

In 2006, Walker had 69 receptions for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns with Denver, bouncing back from a serious knee injury that ended his tenure with the Green Bay Packers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb/;_ylt=AmAGoxDS9GzGVR9H1glL1AwLubYF) the previous season.
A first-round pick of Green Bay in 2002, Walker blossomed in 2004 with a career-high 89 catches and 12 TD receptions.

In six seasons with the Broncos and Packers, Walker has 252 career receptions for 3,815 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Yeah.... I saw this last night, I was gonna post something about it, but I couldn't move... Hahaha... WTF??? Orbital fracture... The dude must have gotten the shit kicked out of him. Damn....

b_illin
06-17-2008, 09:14 AM
http://spyonvegas.com/uploaded/6001/631/168090892108ac1fe7b8712a65b8e4f42f11dfb18d.jpg

This (spraying ppl with expensive champagne, has to be the lamest, most poser thing one can do. What a fucking loser!

walker42500
06-18-2008, 05:52 PM
This (spraying ppl with expensive champagne, has to be the lamest, most poser thing one can do. What a fucking loser!

That's Dom Pérignon champagne.

Probably like $300 a bottle with the jacked up prices in Vegas.

FlyGuy78
06-18-2008, 05:56 PM

Not if he's spraying it on girls for a wet t-shirt contest!! :D

Dubz
06-24-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808fd2ad&template=without-video&confirm=true

The last line in this article attests to the fact that the champagne spraying is a seriously bad omen.

King_Killah
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Keep in mind, this is Yahoo talking...

The Juggernaut Index is our annual attempt to rank every NFL team for fantasy purposes. We're not concerned with real-life wins and losses here. No, here we just care about imaginary winning. If an NFL team gains lots of yardage, limits turnovers, and scores when they reach the red zone, then you'll want to own their skill position players in fantasy leagues. You'll find those teams at the top of the Juggernaut Index. We began at No. 32, the worst of the worst, and we're working our way to the elite fantasy offenses.
These rankings rely on hard, incontrovertible math. There are algorithms at work. This stuff is peer-reviewed. Seasons are simulated. You can't argue with science, so don't even try...
26. Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/)
http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_fantasy_experts__2/ept_sports_fantasy_experts-410766262-1215704333.jpg?ymOE8q_CqgupjTV_First, the good news: the Raiders have a ground game.
Last season Oakland ran more often than they threw, averaging 31.8 rush attempts per game and 28.2 passes. That's particularly impressive for a four-win squad. The Raiders were sixth in the NFL in rushing yards per game (130.4), and they averaged 4.1 per carry.
Another impressive fact: LaMont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes did quite a bit of the productive rushing. They each had a pair of 100-yard rushing efforts (Weeks 2 and 3 for Jordan, Weeks 16 and 17 for Rhodes), yet no reasonable observer would call either an elite runner.
Darren McFadden, however, is an elite runner. As Jason Cole reported back in February, when you run the 40 in 4.3 seconds (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-mcfadden022408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) at the scouting combine, people stop discussing any off-the-field issues and they begin discussing potential. And McFadden has greater fantasy potential than any player in his draft class.
Here's a quote from that piece by Jason:

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_fantasy_experts__2/ept_sports_fantasy_experts-307619402-1215712322.jpg?ymDB.q_CQnVIvQsN
“He's a game-changing talent,” said Kansas City president Carl Peterson, whose team holds the No. 5 overall pick and has running back Larry Johnson already in the fold. “(McFadden) helped himself a lot today … if he’s at No. 5 overall, I’m going to have to consider him long and hard. … And I have a great running back.”
McFadden is elusive, powerful, scary-fast, and he has excellent hands. He's No. 19 in our composite RB rankings (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AobGxULn1REJjORmaMO4p_ZNC5kB?slug=ys-expertpoll-08preseason-rb), but he could easily outperform that rank. He should outperform his current average draft position, too (52.4).
Sure, Michael Bush may poach some TDs (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/05/SPG51145US.DTL&feed=rss.raiders). And yes, McFadden is expected to share the workload with Justin Fargas, another Raider running back who had multiple 100-yard efforts in '07 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6432/gamelog;_ylt=AkeERW18x_aJV2Djy8Ex1Sv.uLYF). But let's remember that we're talking about a big workload that produces useful fantasy totals. For that reason, McFadden and Fargas are both ranked among the top 35 backs.
You can expect McFadden to be a receiving threat, as Jordan was last season when healthy. (Oakland can't give that guy away (http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/06/03/jordan-doesnt-practice/), apparently). And just look at how effortlessly McFadden escapes those small orange cones attempting to gang-tackle him. Please imagine that it's Week 1, and the cones are tiny Broncos.
So is it clear enough that we really like the Raiders running attack generally, and McFadden specifically? OK, good. We've now exhausted the really good news.
We're left to deal with JaMarcus Russell and the Oakland receiving corps. It's reasonable to expect continued improvement from the gigantic (6-6, approximately 269 lbs (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=26540)) and seriously strong-armed Russell. There's no doubting his talent. And if you do doubt it, please check the tape (http://www.jamarcusrussell.org/jamarcus-russell-videos.php). But he's still a 22-year-old quarterback, and he may have actually had better receivers at LSU (Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Early Doucet) than he'll have in Oakland (Ronald Curry, Javon Walker, Drew Carter).
http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_fantasy_experts__2/ept_sports_fantasy_experts-207817292-1215717709.jpg?ymOV_q_CBFjqlw_jCurry and Walker are tied at No. 47 in the wide receiver rankings (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=ys-expertpoll-08preseason-wr), although it's worth noting that Funston and I are responsible for dragging Walker out of the 30s, where Buser, Evans and Pianowski rated him. A variety of question marks surrounded Walker before the terrible and much-discussed robbery (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Starting-to-unravel-the-Javon-Walker-mystery?urn=nfl,90187) that left him with a fractured orbital bone and broken jaw. There were already concerns about his conditioning and his recovery from knee surgery.
At this point, no matter what the team says publicly about when Walker will be ready to play and what he'll be able to do, it seems to me that people are simply drafting a familiar brand name. Walker is the 34th receiver taken in drafts over at Mock Draft Central (http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/index.jsp), which suggests that many owners still consider him a fantasy starter. That's an increasingly difficult case to make, though.
Tight end Zach Miller had a nice rookie season (44 receptions, 444 yards), and he had his most productive day in Week 17 (eight receptions, 84 yards). That's notable because it was also Russell's first NFL start. Miller could emerge as an ownable player in fantasy leagues, and a favorite of Russell's.
On defense, the Raiders...well, they spent a lot of money (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agn9d0aMgB5oPgaR4KkiKR9DubYF?slug=jc-davishavingdoubts062708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns). That much is clear. They allowed 24.9 points and 341.6 yards per game in '07, and had only 27 sacks. The Oakland defense was 28th in fantasy scoring last year, finishing with a miserable 96 points. San Diego more than doubled that total (206). Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard and Gibril Wilson are the names you'll want to know for IDP purposes, but the team defense shouldn't be drafted in public leagues.
Those of you seated in sections 104-107 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z3p6Drju0&feature=related) might disagree with our placement of the Raiders here. Please remember, this is all just fantasy.
---
2007 Oakland Raiders team stats
Rushing: 130.4 Y/G
Passing: 164.4 Y/G
Points per game: 17.7
Turnovers: 37
Red Zone possessions and TDs: 35, 21
'08 Schedule strength: .438
---
The rest of the Index...
32) Chicago (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-32-Rex-Grossman-is-proba?urn=fantasy,91153), 31) Tennessee (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-31-If-you-forgot-these-Tit?urn=fantasy,91639), 30) San Francisco (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-30-Frank-Gore-keeps-you-ou?urn=fantasy,91831), 29) Miami (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-29-Thanks-for-all-the-fish;_ylt=AoOd75U.9Z6ZVH0dSzCTeihNC5kB?urn=fantasy ,92177), 28) Baltimore (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-28-Perched-and-sat-and-n;_ylt=AoOd75U.9Z6ZVH0dSzCTeihNC5kB?urn=fantasy,92 525), 27) NY Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-27-When-you-re-a-Jet-you-r?urn=fantasy,92921), 26) Oakland

They are ranking the top fantasy producing teams, from the bottom up...

King_Killah
07-16-2008, 02:34 PM
According to Jerry McDonald at the Oakland Tribune, neither the Oakland Raiders or cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha are expecting to reach a multi-year contractual agreement prior to Tuesday's deadline for doing so. Asomugha would then be under a one-year agreement as a result of the team placing the franchise tag on him this spring.

Fantasy perspective this means little...

dw13
07-16-2008, 02:41 PM
They didn't reach a deal with Nmandi? I was hoping we(Jets) got Ryan in the offseason just so we had a chance at him but the Raiders ruined that one :D

FlyGuy78
07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
yeah the Raiders will be dicks, but since he's tagged he ain't going anywhere this year. I like this kid a lot and think they should sign him, I just don't think they have the money!! :D

dw13
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah the Raiders will be dicks, but since he's tagged he ain't going anywhere this year. I like this kid a lot and think they should sign him, I just don't think they have the money!! :D

I doubt they sign him.

Dubz
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
I heard the Raiders were something like 1 to 125 to win it all this year....What is it actually?

dw13
07-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Raiders are actually 50-1.

Miami, KC and Atlanta having the worst odds at 100-1.

Dubz
07-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks dawinna....I knew he was wrong but Im kinda shocked by how far off he was

King_Killah
07-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Raiders are actually 50-1.

Miami, KC and Atlanta having the worst odds at 100-1.

Nope....

Raiders are currently set at 80/1. Chiefs are 100/1. Dolphins are 125/1. Falcons are 150/1.

Patriots to go undefeated AND win the Super Bowl is 22/1.

The whole list:

Super Bowl XLIII - Outright

New England Patriots 7/2 http://www.sportsinteraction.com/inc/imgs/common/sia/bet.png
San Diego Chargers 7/1 http://www.sportsinteraction.com/inc/imgs/common/sia/bet.png
Indianapolis Colts 15/2 http://www.sportsinteraction.com/inc/imgs/common/sia/bet.png
Dallas Cowboys 8/1 http://www.sportsinteraction.com/inc/imgs/common/sia/bet.png
Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1 http://www.sportsinteraction.com/inc/imgs/common/sia/bet.png
Jacksonville Jaguars 14/1
New York Giants 18/1
Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
Green Bay Packers 25/1
New Orleans Saints 25/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25/1
Seattle Seahawks 28/1
Minnesota Vikings 28/1
Cleveland Browns 33/1
Tennesee Titans 33/1
Washington Redskins 40/1
Denver Broncos 40/1
Arizona Cardinals 45/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Chicago Bears 50/1
Cincinatti Bengals 50/1
San Francisco 49ers 60/1
Baltimore Ravens 60/1
Houston Texans 60/1
Detroit Lions 66/1
Buffalo Bills 66/1
St Louis Rams 75/1
New York Jets 80/1
Oakland Raiders 80/1
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Miami Dolphins 125/1
Atlanta Falcons 150/1

dw13
07-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Sportsbook has them at 50-1.

And like I said, Miami, KC, ATL all at 100-1.

Not sure which site isn't up to date with Vegas

King_Killah
07-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Sportsbook has them at 50-1.

And like I said, Miami, KC, ATL all at 100-1.

Not sure which site isn't up to date with Vegas

Either way, I wouldn't risk dough on Oakland, Miami, KC, or Atlanta regardless of what the odds are.

dw13
07-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Either way, I wouldn't risk dough on Oakland, Miami, KC, or Atlanta regardless of what the odds are.

I don't do future bets

King_Killah
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
What a piece of shit he is...............

For the second time this summer, RB LaMont Jordan (http://www.footballguys.com/JordLa00-1.php) has been told by the Oakland Raiders to keep away from team activities. Jordan's agent, Alvin Keels, stated Wednesday that he was contacted by the Raiders and told that they did not want the running back to report to training camp. Oakland has been actively seeking to trade Jordan.

See ya shitstain!

King_Killah
07-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Later shitbox!

LaMont Jordan (http://www.footballguys.com/JordLa00-1.php) has been released according to the NFL Network. After signing his big contract in 2005, Jordan could not finish a season and averaged 3.8 yards a carry each of his three seasons in Oakland. To say that he was disappointing would be an understatement.

Disappointing an understatement... That's an understatement. He's a piece of shit... The only one who thought he was worth anything is FlyGuy. My understanding is Fly consumed somewhere in the vicinity of 46 gallons of LaMont Jordan's protein the entire time he was with the Raiders. Sorry Fly. But Jordan was a giant terd!

suckerpuncher
07-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Later shitbox!

Disappointing an understatement... That's an understatement. He's a piece of shit... The only one who thought he was worth anything is FlyGuy. My understanding is Fly consumed somewhere in the vicinity of 46 gallons of LaMont Jordan's protein the entire time he was with the Raiders. Sorry Fly. But Jordan was a giant terd!
Only fitting that he signed with the greatest pile of sh*t team out there only hours after being released by the Raiders. :lol:

FlyGuy78
07-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Raider luck means he will be a STUD in NE. Watch Maroney go down in Week 5 and Jordan become a Pro Bowler!!

two24four
07-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Only fitting that he signed with the greatest team ever out there only hours after being released by the Raiders :beer::beer::beer:

Fixed that for ya :D;)

13-3 this season baby !!!! at the very least, I'll take Jordan for now, Maroney, Morris, Jordan, not bad IMO.

Go Pats Go !!!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Fixed that for ya :D;)

13-3 this season baby !!!! at the very least, I'll take Jordan for now, Maroney, Morris, Jordan, not bad IMO.

Go Pats Go !!!!

so remind us again how important the regular season is come playoff/SB time? ;)

just yanking your chain buddy! Cause you know we all have to! :D

two24four
07-27-2008, 10:49 AM
so remind us again how important the regular season is come playoff/SB time? ;)

just yanking your chain buddy! Cause you know we all have to! :D

That's fine I can take, I'm over it now, it's a new season now, things will diff this year when we win the SB ;):D

suckerpuncher
07-27-2008, 11:37 AM
That's fine I can take, I'm over it now, it's a new season now, things will diff this year when we win the SB ;):D
You have some weird perception of the world. :D

But at one day you have to get in touch with reality again:
The Pats are not going to win the SB this year. :p

FlyGuy78
07-27-2008, 11:51 AM
The Pats are not going to win the SB this year. :p

They have a 10x better chance than any team right now in winning the SB imo. I definitely don't see the NFC winning it again. My bets would be....

1) NE
2) IND/SD
3) DAL

two24four
07-27-2008, 01:11 PM
They have a 10x better chance than any team right now in winning the SB imo. I definitely don't see the NFC winning it again. My bets would be....

1) NE
2) IND/SD
3) DAL

I agree with this, those are the same teams I have fighting for this years SB.

I think it will be DAL vs NE, that's my early pick anyways.

dw13
07-27-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree with this, those are the same teams I have fighting for this years SB.

I think it will be DAL vs NE, that's my early pick anyways.

Have fun with that linebacking core.

FlyGuy78
07-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Have fun with that linebacking core.

who's LB core you talking about, NE or DAL? Because both have pretty good LB's on their teams. :wtf:

two24four
07-27-2008, 03:20 PM
who's LB core you talking about, NE or DAL? Because both have pretty good LB's on their teams. :wtf:

Agreed, not sure what yout talking about dawinna13..

NE has Adalius Thomas, Teddy Bruschi, Mile Vrabel, Pierre Woods, add in rookies Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable this season....

DAL has DeMarcus Ware, Zach Thomas, Bradie James etc....

Both teams teams have some pretty good LB's IMO.

dw13
07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Agreed, not sure what yout talking about dawinna13..

NE has Adalius Thomas, Teddy Bruschi, Mile Vrabel, Pierre Woods, add in rookies Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable this season....

DAL has DeMarcus Ware, Zach Thomas, Bradie James etc....

Both teams teams have some pretty good LB's IMO.

NE's linebacking core is old and will get wore down in any close grind-it-out games if they have any this year.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-27-2008, 05:07 PM
NE's linebacking core is old and will get wore down in any close grind-it-out games if they have any this year.

They are aging but the getting worn down in any grind it out games bit is really debatable.. especially seeing as their offense is likely to blow out most teams they are scheduled to face this year. Their schedule is a cake walk... :dead:

two24four
07-27-2008, 06:22 PM

We'll see I guess, but I dont think so, they did just fine last season, and the oldest LB they had last season (Seau) is now gone.

Thomas turns 31 years old in Aug, not young in the NFL, but he's also not old, he's still got a few good years left in him IMO......

Bruschi sure I'll give you that one, he just turned 35 years old, and has gone through alot that last few years, remember though, he still had 92 tackles last season, as well as 2 sacks.....

Vrabal turns 33 in Aug, again not young, but he still has alot left as well IMO, it's not like he's 40, he was our best LB last season with 12.5 sacks.....

Lets not forget your buddie Hobson who is 28.

Then you have Woods who is just 26, Mayo is 22, and Crable is 24, they are the next LB's in line.....

I'm not worried at all.

dw13
07-27-2008, 06:43 PM
We shall see.

b_illin
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Raider luck means he will be a STUD in NE. Watch Maroney go down in Week 5 and Jordan become a Pro Bowler!!

I could see that too

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Just for you Fly.

It seems as if every day Radiers RB Darren McFadden (http://www.footballguys.com/McFaDa00-1.php) gives HC Lane Kiffin reason to pause in awe and it's doing nothing but increasing his value to the team.

"Darren continues to make a play or two every day, a wow play," Kiffin said.

"We just have to continue to push him as far as we can and we got to find ways to get him the ball." Kiffin noted that McFadden's willingness to learn and pick up the playbook is impressive as is his ambition, citing that McFadden sits in on special teams meetings voluntarily.

"He's everything we thought when we picked him. All the research was that this is the guy that has no issues on the field, in the classroom. Great preparation, great football guy, his teammates loved him, and it's showing. I can't think of one negative with him."

;)

King_Killah
08-01-2008, 11:23 AM
For most of practice he just watched, an ice pack wrapped around his elbow. Russell did go through some individual workouts, but he started feeling some discomfort and sat out the second half of practice. He incurred the injury when his elbow struck Darren McFadden (http://www.footballguys.com/McFaDa00-1.php)'s helmet while throwing a pass at Tuesday's morning practice.

No word on the results of x-rays as of yet, but injuring a throwing arm elbow is never a good thing.

FlyGuy78
08-01-2008, 12:20 PM
they said he could have played a whole game if it was neccessary, so i don't see it being that bad.

King_Killah
08-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Bill Williamson from ESPN.com is reporting that WR Javon Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkJa00-1.php) is off to a slow start in his first Oakland Raiders training camp. Walker is coming off of knee surgery and a late-night beating in Las Vegas this past June.

Guess Gramps Al didn't invision $55mil like this. Walker could work himself into shape, but that is not a given.

suckerpuncher
08-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Even worse for the Raiders and Walker is this from Rotoworld.com:

Raiders WR Javon Walker told the Raiders Thursday he intended to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus.
Owner Al Davis reportedly persuaded him to remain with the team. Walker has struggled with his performance in camp so far, but we never expected something this drastic. Walker's knee doesn't appear to be getting better, and he obviously has some mental hurdles to clear after a trying offseason. With red flags popping up all over, the troubled receiver should remain on your "do not draft" list for now.
Source: ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3516068&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

King_Killah
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Even worse for the Raiders and Walker is this from Rotoworld.com:

HAHAHAHAHA........................... :lol: Fly - still liking that signing?

FlyGuy78
08-02-2008, 05:50 PM
hey, if he doesn't want to play and gives back the money, than no harm no foul.

King_Killah
08-03-2008, 05:21 PM
hey, if he doesn't want to play and gives back the money, than no harm no foul.

Well.... withthe absence of your other love goo Jerry Porter gone, you were stroking one out when the Raiders signed Walker who was supposed to be your receiving threat...

More on it... Gramps talks him back.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Oakland Raiders receiver Javon Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkJa00-1.php), struggling with his performance during training camp, told the team on Thursday he intended to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus.
According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis persuaded Walker to remain with the team.

I will be staying pretty far away from him in my drafts.

King_Killah
08-03-2008, 05:25 PM
...and there he is, Grandpa Al's own personal Viagra - still in the picture against what Fly has said many times. Walter the odd man out. NOT! As long as Al is around, Andy W. will be sucking off a 108 year old string bean.

Oakland Raiders HC Lane Kiffin confirmed that QB Andrew Walter (http://www.footballguys.com/WaltAn00-1.php) has a clear lead over Marques Tuiasosopo in the race to be the backup to starting QB JaMarcus Russell (http://www.footballguys.com/RussJa00-1.php).

FlyGuy78
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
why do you turn everything against me. i never once said that Walters would be out of the picture, I just said he won't be our starter, which he isn't. and i would rather have him as our #2 over Tuiasosopo anyday of the week.

I wasn't big on Walker for fantasy even before this news. he may do alright this year for the raiders, but I don't see him being anything more than a #4 WR at best.

King_Killah
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
why do you turn everything against me. i never once said that Walters would be out of the picture, I just said he won't be our starter, which he isn't. and i would rather have him as our #2 over Tuiasosopo anyday of the week.

I wasn't big on Walker for fantasy even before this news. he may do alright this year for the raiders, but I don't see him being anything more than a #4 WR at best.

Scroll back through this very thread... You, yourself have said that Walter would have been out. With McCown and all those clowns last year... Yet the kid is still a fixture on the team and in Al's office.

King_Killah
08-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Update on J-Walk...

Oakland Raiders WR Javon Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkJa00-1.php) denied reports that he contemplated retirement. "That's a done issue," said Walker. "I'm not really sure what happened but that's a done issue. That's something that obviously people hear stuff. I'm here practicing, waiting, and (I) obviously can't wait till the season starts."
"I'm in a great frame of mind. Why wouldn't I (be)? I'm with a new team, a great bunch of guys. I'm looking forward to getting this season on the road and actually looking forward to going into next week and try to put everything together as a team and as an offense."

Actually the most amazing thing about this whole thing is he is getting paid like Randy Moss.

King_Killah
08-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Oakland Raiders WR Javon Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkJa00-1.php) has said he is fully committed to the organization and that he is no longer considering retirement. "I want people to know why I thought about it, but I also want it to go away, too," he said. "But people need to know I am fully committed to this team. I will not leave. I am very excited about the season."

Still... good to hear these words come out of a player, that he's committed to his team, but there is something just not right. Whether its his mental attitude or something physically wrong, he just doesn't seem right.

King_Killah
08-10-2008, 12:12 PM
In his first football action in two seasons, second year RB Michael Bush was impressive in the Oakland Raiders exhibition win over the San Francisco 49ers. Bush ran for 27 yards including a five yard touchdown run and added 29 yards through the air. Bush is still behind RB Darren McFadden (http://www.footballguys.com/McFaDa00-1.php) and RB Justin Fargas (http://www.footballguys.com/FargJu00-1.php) on the depth chart. McFadden ran for 48 yards and Fargas ran for 25 in the victory.
"I'm very pleased with Michael," coach Lane Kiffin said. "He looked really good. I think we have something special with those three running backs."

Good to see Bush doing well... If McFadden twists his knee or Fargas pops an ankle, Bush will get shots.

FlyGuy78
08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I know it was preseason and it was only SF, but the Raiders rushed for 248 combined yards the other night. That's a good start, I just hope Kiffin lets Russell get some more throwing reps in the next game.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
According to McDonald, the Oakland Raiders will need every one of their rushing yards, because the passing game has been a disaster. QB JaMarcus Russell (http://www.footballguys.com/RussJa00-1.php)'s pure passing, except for their first night practice has been a disappointment. It's not all his fault. TEs Zach Miller (http://www.footballguys.com/MillZa01-1.php) and John Madsen (http://www.footballguys.com/MadsJo00-1.php) and WR Todd Watkins have been relatively sure-handed, everyone else has been prone to to the drops. Russell has also missed his share of open receivers.

Why am I not surprised in the least about this???? Disaster, disappointment, missed....... Just like the Raiders!

FlyGuy78
08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Why am I not surprised in the least about this???? Disaster, disappointment, missed....... Just like the Raiders!

it'll get better. they don't have any of their starting WR in the lineup and have been playing the rush so much that Russell hasn't had a lot of real good reps. This is a young team that has a lot of talent. I'm not worried.

King_Killah
08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
it'll get better. they don't have any of their starting WR in the lineup and have been playing the rush so much that Russell hasn't had a lot of real good reps. This is a young team that has a lot of talent. I'm not worried.

The three classic words that we hear from FlyGuy every year... Yet, they remain shitbox.

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 07:24 AM
The three classic words that we hear from FlyGuy every year... Yet, they remain shitbox.

atleast MY TEAM has been to a Super Bowl recently. Where has your dirty falcons been lately?? Exactly!! I'm not WORRIED because the team is moving in the right direction. We have much more talent on the team than we did last year, even if we are overpaying. It's not my money.

King_Killah
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
atleast MY TEAM has been to a Super Bowl recently. Where has your dirty falcons been lately?? Exactly!! I'm not WORRIED because the team is moving in the right direction. We have much more talent on the team than we did last year, even if we are overpaying. It's not my money.

Right direction??? Yeah with things like this:

Oakland Raiders HC Lane Kiffin slammed high-priced free agent pick-up WR Javon Walker (http://www.footballguys.com/WalkJa00-1.php) in a conference call with the Oakland media yesterday. Kiffin said that Walker needs to start playing like the $55 million man Oakland signed him to be, reports ESPN.com's Bill Williamson.

This team is still in shambles... Poor drafting. Once again, should have taken Calvin Johnson last year, then followed it up with one of the three QBs in this year's draft. F* Russell, F* Walker, F* Grandpa...

FlyGuy78
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
you are so fucking nuts. I would much rather have JRuss and McFadden than CaJohnson and Ryan/Brohm/Henne. FUCK THEM!!

And none of this shit matters in the preseason anyway. walker will try when it counts. And since Walker is waaaaay overpaid anyway, he can't and never will play like a $5 million WR.