PDA

View Full Version : the lacrosse thread

b_illin
12-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Anybody know anythign about the Colin Doyle trade? Perhaps you know about the guys we got in return or maybe you could tell me why the fuck we traded my favorite player (who also happens to be one of the best on the team)?

moans
12-28-2006, 07:48 PM
the guy we got in return was the #1 pick from the draft this year. He should be good.

two24four
12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
I cant stand the Rock or Doyle, he's a little bitch, I'm gald they traded him, I dont have to watch him whine everytime someone hits him.

The #1 pick from this year was Ryan Benesch, that's the main guy they are getting in this trade, he's really good, he should be a star in the NLL in a few years.

One of the other guys Chad Thompson use to play hockey in the OHL, he's a better lacrosse player though.

Best player in the league is John Grant Jr who plays for Rochester, he's better then Doyle, some of the shit Grant does makes you sit back & go "how the fuck did he just do that".

Patriot0103
01-09-2007, 06:22 AM
I cant stand the Rock or Doyle, he's a little bitch, I'm gald they traded him, I dont have to watch him whine everytime someone hits him.

The #1 pick from this year was Ryan Benesch, that's the main guy they are getting in this trade, he's really good, he should be a star in the NLL in a few years.

One of the other guys Chad Thompson use to play hockey in the OHL, he's a better lacrosse player though.

Best player in the league is John Grant Jr who plays for Rochester, he's better then Doyle, some of the shit Grant does makes you sit back & go "how the fuck did he just do that".
Just saw this thread now. I couldn't agree more. I fucking hate Doyle, this trade still seemed a little surprising to me though as I didn't expect to see him get moved. Benesch is going to be sick though. He did awesome in Canadian juniors. Chad Thompson I don't really know anything about though.

No arguing either that John Grant is hands down the best in the league now, although I like to think Johnny T (and Gary Gait) in their primes were on par. Tough to say anyone one of the three is better than the other two.

two24four
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Just saw this thread now. I couldn't agree more. I fucking hate Doyle, this trade still seemed a little surprising to me though as I didn't expect to see him get moved. Benesch is going to be sick though. He did awesome in Canadian juniors. Chad Thompson I don't really know anything about though.

No arguing either that John Grant is hands down the best in the league now, although I like to think Johnny T (and Gary Gait) in their primes were on par. Tough to say anyone one of the three is better than the other two.

Oh I agree, in there prime it's a tough call, all three are great players.

It's to bad Grant was suspended last Friday night & did not get to play against Doyle, I had to laugh that Doyle only got something like 3-4 Pts in his 1st game with SJ :lol: it's really to bad cause most games when Grant plays Doyle Grant puts on a show & gets close to 10 Pts trying to out play Doyle.

Also watch out for Chicago this year, they may be a new team this year, but I could see them pulling off a few up-sets this year.

two24four
01-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Here is a cool Video of John Grant Jr, Tracy Kelusky, Shawn Cable, & Shawn Williams, doing some pretty cool tricks, you may look at this & think "oh I can do some those " trust me they are alot harder to do then it looks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66Ra4TCNDc

Kelusky & Grant played here in town together in the summer league this past summer & are just sick togther, they won another Mann Cup.

b_illin
01-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Funny NLL story. When I graduated from Uni, I was big into the idea that the NLL would get really big over the next decade (I was right and wrong). Anyway, I had nothing to do before I was heading over to Korea to teach the english so I called the commish of the league to aks how much an expansion franchise was and if they were looking to expand. He told me they were talking about expanding, but nothing for at least a year, but the Syracuse Crunch owner wanted to sell, give him a call.

So, I call the guy and get his voicemail, then head up to my cottage for the weekend (it was a Friday in early May but that weekend was crazy warm for some odd reason). Anyway, check my voicemail on the Sunday and the dude had left 4-5 messages. I call the guy and the long and short is I introduced myself as representing a group of investors interested in purchasing a team and he says $250k and it's yours.

My dad had a couple of his buddies with deep pockets over for a few beers on the dock so I tell them about all of this and they have a laugh, then one of them says it's a good idea. This happens to be the guy to whom Coffey used to date his step-daughter (funny enough Paul is now married to my buddies cousin) and more importantly, this guy is tight with Harry Sinden and Bobby Orr. (one of the reasons there is no Beantown NLL team is Jacobs, the owner of the B's and the arena, wants a bundle for concessions.

I had already bought a plane ticket, so my fate was sealed, but those guys on the dock had to the loot and seemingly the interest to buy a club. Makes me wonder what could have been...

two24four
01-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Cool story, to bad.......

I have heard that in the next 3-5 years the NLL could have about 20-25 teams, which would be cool, kind of getting as big as the NHL, only 13 teams right now & they only play 16 games each, (8 home 8 away) from January untill mid April, kind of like a Football Schedule right now, then they only play one game playoffs games in the playoffs, I would like to see the season get longer & the playoffs goto a best of 7 like hockey, once the league gets bigger.

Patriot0103
01-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Cool story b_illin.

Here is a cool Video of John Grant Jr, Tracy Kelusky, Shawn Cable, & Shawn Williams, doing some pretty cool tricks, you may look at this & think "oh I can do some those " trust me they are alot harder to do then it looks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66Ra4TCNDc

Kelusky & Grant played here in town together in the summer league this past summer & are just sick togther, they won another Mann Cup.

That video is awesome, I've never seen that one before. I love lacrosse tricks, they are a lot harder than they look. I can probably do about 3 of them in that whole video, and I've wasted pathetic lengths of time trying to learn tricks. The "back breaker" one is sick, I remember seeing Gait so that when I was a kid, but could never come close to pulling that off. I use to know a kid that use to show off a triple loop all the time. I was amazed at how it was even possible to move your hands so fast.

Cool story, to bad.......

I have heard that in the next 3-5 years the NLL could have about 20-25 teams, which would be cool, kind of getting as big as the NHL, only 13 teams right now & they only play 16 games each, (8 home 8 away) from January untill mid April, kind of like a Football Schedule right now, then they only play one game playoffs games in the playoffs, I would like to see the season get longer & the playoffs goto a best of 7 like hockey, once the league gets bigger.

God I could only dream of the league expanded like that. Around here, lacrosse gets 0 media attention. You never hear shit about it, even when the Bandit's are doing well. I like what they're doing with getting some of the bigger markets involved. With a little media help, and some expanding, the league could get big.

I also agree that a playoff series would be a lot better. I don't like how the one and done system works in lacrosse, it's not like football. I can't recall what years it was, but even when they use to do the best of 3 series', it was a lot better.

b_illin
01-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Cool story b_illin.

That video is awesome, I've never seen that one before. I love lacrosse tricks, they are a lot harder than they look. I can probably do about 3 of them in that whole video, and I've wasted pathetic lengths of time trying to learn tricks. The "back breaker" one is sick, I remember seeing Gait so that when I was a kid, but could never come close to pulling that off. I use to know a kid that use to show off a triple loop all the time. I was amazed at how it was even possible to move your hands so fast.

God I could only dream of the league expanded like that. Around here, lacrosse gets 0 media attention. You never hear shit about it, even when the Bandit's are doing well. I like what they're doing with getting some of the bigger markets involved. With a little media help, and some expanding, the league could get big.

I also agree that a playoff series would be a lot better. I don't like how the one and done system works in lacrosse, it's not like football. I can't recall what years it was, but even when they use to do the best of 3 series', it was a lot better.

That really surprises me with the history the Bandits have!

Patriot0103
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
That really surprises me with the history the Bandits have!
Yea, it's always been like that here. You don't see ads for the Bandits anywhere. The media doesn't do shit for lacrosse. Even back when the Bandits were winning championships, and the Sabres and Bills were losing year after year, that's all you saw was coverage of the Sabres and Bills anyways. (with the Bills being a step ahead).

two24four
01-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Yea, it's always been like that here. You don't see ads for the Bandits anywhere. The media doesn't do shit for lacrosse. Even back when the Bandits were winning championships, and the Sabres and Bills were losing year after year, that's all you saw was coverage of the Sabres and Bills anyways. (with the Bills being a step ahead).

You would think it would be alittle diff with guys like Tavares, Steenhuis, Crosbie, Dietrich, Powless, Teat, Laverty, White & Dostie etc.....that's a really good team IMO......Just not as good as Rochester ;)

two24four
01-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I could see maybe new teams in places like, Detroit, Vancouver (again), Anaheim (again) Boston, New Jersey (agian) Montreal (again) St. Louis, Los Angeles, Dallas ( or anywhere in Texas) in the next few years, that would bring the league up to 22 teams right there.

Patriot0103
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I could see maybe new teams in places like, Detroit, Vancouver (again), Anaheim (again) Boston, New Jersey (agian) Montreal (again) St. Louis, Los Angeles, Dallas ( or anywhere in Texas) in the next few years, that would bring the league up to 22 teams right there.
I am all for adding new teams, new markets, and expanding. The only thing that concerns me, is that if the league got big..markets like Rochester, Buffalo, etc. would all have some trouble keeping up. Fan base, building size, maybe even increasing player salaries (Even though that would take a lot to adjust as seniority is the primary factor right now) and whatever other changes could cause some problems.

two24four
01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I am all for adding new teams, new markets, and expanding. The only thing that concerns me, is that if the league got big..markets like Rochester, Buffalo, etc. would all have some trouble keeping up. Fan base, building size, maybe even increasing player salaries (Even though that would take a lot to adjust as seniority is the primary factor right now) and whatever other changes could cause some problems.

Rochester has a pretty big fan base, plus when you have guys like John Grant Jr, the Evans boys, Williams & Tool Time in net they will get the fans as long as they are all there, Buffalo should be good for awhile as well with JT, Steenhuis, Crosbie, Dietrich & Powless, I dont think they have anything to worry about.

Only thing I see hurting teams is when they have to give up some players too the new teams.

two24four
01-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Just for fun I'm going to make my picks for this years awards in the NLL.

West Division Champs: Colorado

East Division Champs: Rochester

NLL Champs: Rochester

Defensive Player of the Year: Brodie Merrill (He should win this for the next few years)

MVP: John Grant Jr

Goaltender of the Year: Anthony Cosmo or Pat O'Toole ( tough one)

Rookie of the year: Josh Wasson-McQuigge

Coach of the year: Gary Gait ( I would like to see Jamie Batley win this though with Chicago, but I think Gait takes it)

two24four
01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Patriot0103, how did you like Tavares' 13 point game last night??

Watch out for Grant, he's starting to heat up.

Go Knighthawks

Patriot0103
01-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Patriot0103, how did you like Tavares' 13 point game last night??

Watch out for Grant, he's starting to heat up.

Go Knighthawks

It was truely amazing. Got a solid group of diehard fans with "Johnny" chants going. It was an awesome performance. Too bad the record for single game is 14 points. Grant is playing sick like usual, but if Tavares can keep the train rolling I think he's got a shot at the MVP title. (and maybe even the all-time goals record he's chasing...although my guess is that he'd need next year for that).

I was surprised by Calgary's convincing win over Colorado. I could see them taking the West.

two24four
01-22-2007, 02:45 AM
It was truely amazing. Got a solid group of diehard fans with "Johnny" chants going. It was an awesome performance. Too bad the record for single game is 14 points. Grant is playing sick like usual, but if Tavares can keep the train rolling I think he's got a shot at the MVP title. (and maybe even the all-time goals record he's chasing...although my guess is that he'd need next year for that).

I was surprised by Calgary's convincing win over Colorado. I could see them taking the West.

Yeah for being 38 years old Tavares' still has it.....

I was also surprised that Calgary beat Colorado as well, mind you Colorado did play the night before in Edmonton, it will prob come down to those two teams in the West this year, Chicago is looking pretty good for a 1st year team as well in the East.

Oh by the way, the Rock are just looking AVG this year so far, which I like, cause I cant stand them.

Patriot0103
01-22-2007, 02:59 AM
My picks...

West Division Champs: Calgary

East Division Champs: Buffalo

NLL Champs: Buffalo

Defensive Player of the Year: I'll agree on Brodie Merrill. (Or how about your Rochester boy Steve Toll?)

MVP: John Tavares

Goaltender of the Year: Gee Nash (although I'm suprised by Blasdell's start)

Rookie of the year: Kyle Wailes (Wasson and Benesch may be serious contenders)

Coach of the year: Gary Gait

I'm late though, so it's kind of cheating lol

Patriot0103
01-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Oh by the way, the Rock are just looking AVG this year so far, which I like, cause I cant stand them.

Yea, their defense cost me my fantasy week with a -5. I lost 22-21. :(

two24four
01-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Defensive Player of the Year: I'll agree on Brodie Merrill. (Or how about your Rochester boy Steve Toll?)

I would love to see Toll get it, but Merrill will be tough to beat, right now they are one two in the league for LB's, Merrill has 57, & Toll 56, Toll has 9 Pts while Merrill has 7 Pts, could be a tight race if things stay like that, Toll has also played one more game then Merrill.

I will say this though, know one in the league is faster then Toll, once he gets going he's gone, he runs like a deer.

two24four
01-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Yea, their defense cost me my fantasy week with a -5. I lost 22-21. :(

Shitty, there D looks very slow this year, mind you they where missing Veltman last night.

Patriot0103
01-28-2007, 12:36 PM
John Grant. 9g, 6a....All time points record, just ridiculous.

The Toronto-Phily game was awesome.

two24four
01-28-2007, 03:10 PM
John Grant. 9g, 6a....All time points record, just ridiculous.

The Toronto-Phily game was awesome.

Yup Grant is the man, told you he was heating up ;) he's the best Lacrosse player in the world right now IMO.

Rock keep losing I love it.

double_dion_3
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Yup Grant is the man, told you he was heating up ;) he's the best Lacrosse player in the world right now IMO.

Rock keep losing I love it.

yep ive always hated the rock....... and grant is the best in the world for sure.

two24four
02-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Not sure how true this is, but I heard that if the Rock lose both games back to back this weekend vs Buffalo they might fire Glen Clark as coach, haha, again not sure how true this is, that did not take long for people to start talking about, I hope they do go 0-5 this weekend I cant stand the Rock.

Game of the week this week is Rochester vs Chicago IMO, winner will take over 1st in the east, how will Grant follow up his NLL record 15 Pts in a game?? that will be tough to do again, but then again I would not put it past him.

Patriot0103
02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Not sure how true this is, but I heard that if the Rock lose both games back to back this weekend vs Buffalo they might fire Glen Clark as coach, haha, again not sure how true this is, that did not take long for people to start talking about, I hope they do go 0-5 this weekend I cant stand the Rock.

Game of the week this week is Rochester vs Chicago IMO, winner will take over 1st in the east, how will Grant follow up his NLL record 15 Pts in a game?? that will be tough to do again, but then again I would not put it past him.

I have no idea about the coaching situation, but they'll go 0-5:D I can't wait till tonight!!

Grant also won't have 15 points tonight ha. I think that's a safe prediction. I'll guess 4g, 3a from him. With that said, it'll be a good game, and hopefully Chicago takes it.

two24four
02-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I have no idea about the coaching situation, but they'll go 0-5:D I can't wait till tonight!!

Grant also won't have 15 points tonight ha. I think that's a safe prediction. I'll guess 4g, 3a from him. With that said, it'll be a good game, and hopefully Chicago takes it.

See I'm a fan of both Rochester & Chicago, so I'm neutral for this one, I would love to see a Rochester vs Chicago in the east final ;)

I see Grant getting 5G & 4A this weekend, he is friends with alot of the Chicago guys so I see him wanting to put a show on for them lol.

Patriot0103
02-02-2007, 03:05 PM
See I'm a fan of both Rochester & Chicago, so I'm neutral for this one, I would love to see a Rochester vs Chicago in the east final ;)

I see Grant getting 5G & 4A this weekend, he is friends with alot of the Chicago guys so I see him wanting to put a show on for them lol.

haha, how the hell do you know that he is friends with a lot of the Chicago guys?

two24four
02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
haha, how the hell do you know that he is friends with a lot of the Chicago guys?

I know Grant & alot of the Rochester & Chicago players, plus they all play together on the same team here in town in the summer.

two24four
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Guys from the NLL who play on the same team here in town during the summer are...

Rochester:

Grant
Evans x2
O'Tool
Croswell
Miron

Chicago:

Clark
Giles
Panos
Wasson
Gibson
Collins
Hobbins
Dupont

Buffalo:

White
Laverty
Crosbie

Arizona:

Self
Grimes
Lough

Calgary:
Kelsusky

Minnesota:

Couisns

Portland:

Sharp

Colorado:

Carey

Edmonton:

Welsh

Plus all of Chicago's coaching staff is the same coaching staff as here as well.

Patriot0103
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
That's right!! I forgot about that. Now that I think about it, I think we had this convo last year about how you went to school with a lot of them. I didn't realize that Grant was one of the ones you knew. Laverty is awesome though. He got in a fight game, he doesn't take shit from anyone.

two24four
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
That's right!! I forgot about that. Now that I think about it, I think we had this convo last year about how you went to school with a lot of them. I didn't realize that Grant was one of the ones you knew. Laverty is awesome though. He got in a fight game, he doesn't take shit from anyone.

haha, hell no, he's nuts when he fights, I think alot of people look at him & see a slim guy, but he can go with the best of them, & is always willing to fight.

Here is a link to the team here in town

http://www.peterboroughlakers.ca/

two24four
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey Patriot0103 what the hell happend?? so much for the Rock going 0-5, damn.

I see Manning put up 11 Pts.

Looks like Lavs had a busy night haha, 1 goal & 13 PIM's :lol:

How was the Bonterre fight?

Patriot0103
02-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey Patriot0103 what the hell happend?? so much for the Rock going 0-5, damn.

I see Manning put up 11 Pts.

Looks like Lavs had a busy night haha, 1 goal & 13 PIM's :lol:

How was the Bonterre fight?

Anhh.. Wasn't even a fight. Was more of Bonterre teeing off..no fists thrown. I've never seen so many ridiculous penalties in my life. Not like we deserved to win, but the refs helped buries us right out of the gates. (and I don't blame officials much).

Laverty actually was one of the Bandits that played a decent game. He had an amazing loose ball pick up in front of our own net, that he picked up and took all the way back to score. Just an awful game in general. Hopefully, revenge will come tomorrow.

two24four
02-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Anhh.. Wasn't even a fight. Was more of Bonterre teeing off..no fists thrown. I've never seen so many ridiculous penalties in my life. Not like we deserved to win, but the refs helped buries us right out of the gates. (and I don't blame officials much).

Laverty actually was one of the Bandits that played a decent game. He had an amazing loose ball pick up in front of our own net, that he picked up and took all the way back to score. Just an awful game in general. Hopefully, revenge will come tomorrow.

Good for Lavs, he really is a good player, just sometimes he would rather fight then play.

Patriot0103
02-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Good for Lavs, he really is a good player, just sometimes he would rather fight then play.

Twice Tavares had to push Laverty away from an official. Not like it mattered, but was kind of funny.

two24four
02-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Twice Tavares had to push Laverty away from an official. Not like it mattered, but was kind of funny.

haha, yup that's him, he does not take shit from anyone, funny cause he were's an "A" during the summer league here, so the refs have to let him talk to them some what.

Patriot0103
02-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Lose to the Rock twice in a row now. What the fuck? I didn't see this coming, and honestly I don't know what to think now. 99 PIM in two days. WOW. Just unacceptable. White, Teat, and Laverty all got tossed. Frustrating.

two24four
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow, Buffalo goes down in back to back games to the Rock, I thought at worst they would go 1-1, sounds like the PIM's are what did in Buffalo, they may want to fix that prob or they will be on the out side looking in come playoff time.

Patriot0103
02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow, Buffalo goes down in back to back games to the Rock, I thought at worst they would go 1-1, sounds like the PIM's are what did in Buffalo, they may want to fix that prob or they will be on the out side looking in come playoff time.

Yea, I'm pretty worried. It's early though, so we'll see what happens. If they stay out of the box, they can play with anyone imo.

two24four
02-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Buffalo pulled out a tight win vs Chicago the other night, I checked the score at half & it was 7-3 for Buffalo, then saw that they only won by a goal, good for Chicago for making it a game.

I have been thinking about heading to the ACC this Sunday to check out Chicago in Toronto this weekend, not sure yet though.

Patriot0103
02-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Buffalo pulled out a tight win vs Chicago the other night, I checked the score at half & it was 7-3 for Buffalo, then saw that they only won by a goal, good for Chicago for making it a game.

I have been thinking about heading to the ACC this Sunday to check out Chicago in Toronto this weekend, not sure yet though.

Yea, barely hung on to it. That was a big win for us. Hopefully we can take the next 2 against Phily and climb right back up the standings.

The Toronto-Chicago game should be interesting. I think Toronto is going to take that game.. After watching them vs. Buffalo, I think they are much better than their start indicated. I go to all the Buffalo games, I don't really plan on making a road trip unless I go to Rochester for the 2nd half of the home and home thruway series at the end of the season.

two24four
02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Yea, barely hung on to it. That was a big win for us. Hopefully we can take the next 2 against Phily and climb right back up the standings.

The Toronto-Chicago game should be interesting. I think Toronto is going to take that game.. After watching them vs. Buffalo, I think they are much better than their start indicated. I go to all the Buffalo games, I don't really plan on making a road trip unless I go to Rochester for the 2nd half of the home and home thruway series at the end of the season.

Dont count out Chicago, yeah they are a 1st year team but they are good, alot of there players have played together for awhile now, plus this is like a home game for Chicago as well as about 95% of there team is from Ontario as well, that & they practice in Six Nations Ontario, I know for a fact there will be tons of fans for Chicago on Sunday, so I'm sure they will come out playing hard, not matter who wins it should be a good game though, here is to a Rock loss :beer: :D ;)

Patriot0103
02-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Dont count out Chicago, yeah they are a 1st year team but they are good, alot of there players have played together for awhile now, plus this is like a home game for Chicago as well as about 95% of there team is from Ontario as well, that & they practice in Six Nations Ontario, I know for a fact there will be tons of fans for Chicago on Sunday, so I'm sure they will come out playing hard, not matter who wins it should be a good game though, here is to a Rock loss :beer: :D ;)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not counting Chicago out at all, I just have a feeling that Toronto's going to win that game. I can't stand the Rock, I'd love to see Chicago go farther than them, but I guess a Rock win would help the Bandits in the standings, so I'm not sure who I want haha.

two24four
02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Well I was going to goto the game tomorrow but forgot the Daytona 500 is tomorrow as well, so I will just watch both on TV now, dont want to miss the 500.

Patriot0103
02-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Well I was going to goto the game tomorrow but forgot the Daytona 500 is tomorrow as well, so I will just watch both on TV now, dont want to miss the 500.

Sounds like a win/win. I can't wait to see the Bandits game vs. Phily tonight on TV. I love when they show the away games, because only about 4 of our games are covered, and I see all the home games anyways.

I'll be at the Sabres game though, so I'll have to DVR it...it'll be like my own tape delay though I guess.

two24four
02-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a win/win. I can't wait to see the Bandits game vs. Phily tonight on TV. I love when they show the away games, because only about 4 of our games are covered, and I see all the home games anyways.

I'll be at the Sabres game though, so I'll have to DVR it...it'll be like my own tape delay though I guess.

Yeah should be a good game, I would love to see Snider from Philly fight Lavs, that would be a great fight.

Patriot0103
02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah should be a good game, I would love to see Snider from Philly fight Lavs, that would be a great fight.

Yea, I wouldn't count on it though. After we had 99 PIM vs. Toronto in 2 nights, there's been a lot of the stay discipline talk, which they did a good job of vs. Chicago. You never know though, it's very possible. Especially when I can imagine Phily will come out and try to aggrevate the Bandits.

two24four
02-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Rochester with another big win last night 18-12 over Portland, Grant with 8 Pts for 53 Pts in 7 games, to go one point up on Tavares for the league lead, Grant has also played one less game then most cause he was suspended for the 2nd game of the year.

Rochester is now 1.5 games up on Philly for 1st in the east.

I see Buffalo won for ya Patriot0103, only 15 PIM's for Buffalo in the game, that's much better, to bad Lavs & Snider did not fight, that would have been good, Lavs with two goals in his last 2 games, what's going on, & he had an assist, good for him though, he's much better then some people think.

two24four
02-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Well Chicago blew that game today, going into the half it was 8-4 Chicago, after 3 it was 8-8, so Chicago did not score untill the 4th Q again after the half & lost 11-10, one good thing is every game this year Chicago has been in right untill the final buzzer, which is good for a 1st year team, they gave the Rock a good run for there money.

two24four
03-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Rochester became the 1st team in the East to land a playoff spot tonight, 21-15 win over NY & are now 10-2 on the year & looking great.

Scott Evans with 10 Pts tonight, Shawn Williams with 11 Pts, & John Grant Jr with 8 Pts, I would love to see a Rochester vs Colorado final.

Patriot0103 I see your Buffalo team gave Colorado only there 2nd loss on the year, that's cool, Tavares with 13 Pts.

Patriot0103
03-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Rochester became the 1st team in the East to land a playoff spot tonight, 21-15 win over NY & are now 10-2 on the year & looking great.

Scott Evans with 10 Pts tonight, Shawn Williams with 11 Pts, & John Grant Jr with 8 Pts, I would love to see a Rochester vs Colorado final.

Patriot0103 I see your Buffalo team gave Colorado only there 2nd loss on the year, that's cool, Tavares with 13 Pts.

Last nights game was sick as hell. Real close game all the way through. Tavares playing great. Right at the end of the game Laverty was coming down on the empty net, and he waited for Tavares so he could get him another one, it was sweet to see him do that. 10 more for the record.

I can't wait to see the home and home vs. Rochester. Those are going to be awesome.

two24four
03-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Last nights game was sick as hell. Real close game all the way through. Tavares playing great. Right at the end of the game Laverty was coming down on the empty net, and he waited for Tavares so he could get him another one, it was sweet to see him do that. 10 more for the record.

I can't wait to see the home and home vs. Rochester. Those are going to be awesome.

Yeah Lavs is good shit, team always comes 1st with him, which is good.

Yeah Buffalo vs Rochester should be some good games.

Patriot0103
04-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Good showing by Rochester last night.

I'm a little worried now. Rochester took it to us pretty good last night. Not like we got blown out, but that was a huge game to lose. Hoping for a better showing tonight. Sucks that Dietrich went down (to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if his career is over. He was in a world of pain and even left on a stretcher. If he tore up his knee again, that's probably it.) Thompson has been solid when he's played so far this yr. though, so I don't see a problem in that regard.

two24four
04-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Rochester has really been playing great for awhile now, they want to win so bad this year, looks like the scoring champ will come down to tonight's game with Grant up 3 Pts on JT, Go Grant Go :D

Grant, Evans x2, Williams, O'Tool, have all been playing great.

Patriot0103
04-16-2007, 12:59 PM
with Grant up 3 Pts on JT, Go Grant Go :D

He wouldn't have caught Grant anyways. Would have liked to see him have a shot, but sitting JT on Saturday was a good call. Now I guess it's time to turn to the playoffs for revenge.

two24four
04-16-2007, 01:08 PM
He wouldn't have caught Grant anyways. Would have liked to see him have a shot, but sitting JT on Saturday was a good call. Now I guess it's time to turn to the playoffs for revenge.

Rochester vs Toronto 1st round of the playoffs this friday night in Rochester, I hope Rochester takes it right to the Rock.

Grant should win his 1st MVP this year now.

two24four
04-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Well Rochester got by Toronto pretty easy which is good, now just need to see who they play after todays game vs Minny & Buffalo.

Abit of an upset last night, SJ beat Colorado last night 15-14 in OT, did not see that coming at all, with Colorado gone now I think Arizona will come out of the west.

Patriot0103
04-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Well Rochester got by Toronto pretty easy which is good, now just need to see who they play after todays game vs Minny & Buffalo.

Hell of a game for Buffalo...for our backup goalie, Thompson and our defense to shutout the entire second half was just ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I seen a defense shut out an entire half.

Abit of an upset last night, SJ beat Colorado last night 15-14 in OT, did not see that coming at all, with Colorado gone now I think Arizona will come out of the west.

That surprised me as well, but real good news, because if Buffalo can seek revenge on Rochester this week, it'll mean coming back home for the championship game, which would be just awesome.

two24four
04-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Hell of a game for Buffalo...for our backup goalie, Thompson and our defense to shutout the entire second half was just ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I seen a defense shut out an entire half.

That surprised me as well, but real good news, because if Buffalo can seek revenge on Rochester this week, it'll mean coming back home for the championship game, which would be just awesome.

haha not going to happen :D ;)

Go Rochester Go !!!!

Patriot0103
04-24-2007, 12:27 AM
The part that sucks is that the Sabres play on Friday as well. Wish they didn't overlap, because I'd love to head out to Rochester for the game, but I'll be at the Sabres instead.

two24four
04-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Nice come from behide win for Rochester tonight down 12-9 in the fourth quarter they come back & goto OT where who else but John Grant scores 26 secs into OT to win the game & win the east & they now will host the NLL Championship Game May 12th vs one of Arizona or San Jose who ever wins there game tomorrow.

Grant had 20 SOG tonight :eek:

I have said it from the start of the year I think this is Rochester's year, I know they still have one game left but they are looking good, they also have not lost at home this year, & they will host the final game.

Sorry Patriot0103 :beer:

Patriot0103
04-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Nice come from behide win for Rochester tonight down 12-9 in the fourth quarter they come back & goto OT where who else but John Grant scores 26 secs into OT to win the game & win the east & they now will host the NLL Championship Game May 12th vs one of Arizona or San Jose who ever wins there game tomorrow.

Grant had 20 SOG tonight :eek:

I have said it from the start of the year I think this is Rochester's year, I know they still have one game left but they are looking good, they also have not lost at home this year, & they will host the final game.

Sorry Patriot0103 :beer:

You don't even understand how pissed I was. They should've never gave up that lead, in OT the attempt to recover the first loose ball after Bomberry won the draw was just pathetic. My buddies and I could've protected that lead better in the last 4 minutes. AHHHHHHHHH, fuck.

I also heard that Rochester will actually be away or at HSBC or something, because I heard they have a circus scheduled at Blue Cross Arena on the 12th haha...not sure if that's true or what they'll do, but that's what I heard.

two24four
04-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Arizona it is vs Rochester for the final.

two24four
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Whoooo hoooo Rochester win the Championship 13-11 in Arizona.

Grant Jr with 8 Pts.

What a year for John Grant Jr, MVP of the league for the season, wins the scroing race with 111 Pts, wins the MVP of the final game, gets his 1st NLL Championship to go along with his 2 Mann Cups (Canadian summer league) & his World Out door Championship won last summer by Canada, & now starting Monday he will try & add to that as he will be playing for Team Canada in the World Indoor Lacrosse Champs, then in 11 days he's back here for the summer league trying to win his 3rd Mann Cup in 4 years, I cant wait for that.

I was right in 4 out of my 8 pre-season predictions....here are the ones I got right.

East winner- Rochester

NLL Champs- Rochester

Goaltender of the year- Cosmo

MVP- Grant Jr

b_illin
05-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Was it even televised? I went to one Rock game this year and that is about as much as I heard about the NLL -- didn;t see any games on TV at all.

two24four
05-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Was it even televised? I went to one Rock game this year and that is about as much as I heard about the NLL -- didn;t see any games on TV at all.

Yup, Sportsnet showed it last night at 7pm on tape delay, the game was played at 4pm live.

Sportsnet showed about 8-10 Rock games this year, I dont like them but I watched a few cause it was Lacrosse.

Patriot0103
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Sportsnet showed about 8-10 Rock games this year, I dont like them but I watched a few cause it was Lacrosse.

Hell yea, any lacrosse is worth watching.

Damn, really wish lacrosse was bigger around here. Really don't see shit about the World Indoors or the Canada Summer League (WLA/MSL) or whatever. So twofour, feel free to send me updates haha.

Least I get to catch some MLL once in a while.

two24four
06-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Hell yea, any lacrosse is worth watching.

Damn, really wish lacrosse was bigger around here. Really don't see shit about the World Indoors or the Canada Summer League (WLA/MSL) or whatever. So twofour, feel free to send me updates haha.

Least I get to catch some MLL once in a while.

MSL is great, I love it, it's already started, yeah for sure I can give updates.

The team I cheer for here in town (the Lakers) have played two games & have won both games, they have won the Mann Cup 2 of the last 3 years & are stocked up with alot of stars looking to go for it again this year, some key players on the team you should know from the NLL are... John Grant Jr, Dan Carey, Scott Evans, Patty O'Tool, Tracy Kelusky, Jason Crosbie, Ryan Cousins, Scott Self, Kyle Laverty, Chris White, Jason Clark, Mat Giles, John Wasson, Peter Lough etc.....

two24four
06-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Wow Patriot what a gme tonight, with about 13.9 secs left in the 2nd, oh yes a bench clearing brawl, what a gong show, (really fun to watch though :D ) Laverty fought 4 times in a span of about 5-10 mins, guys where calling him on right after he would kick the piss out the guy he was already fighting, & he was more then willing, (I think he would have fought the hole team lol) just when you thought everything was coming to an end off they went again & everyone picked a partner & it all started up again, some guys even fighting two guys at a time, that happend about 3 or 4 times atleast.

Every player in the game was given a 2 min penalty & a game, so the game ended right there.

The other teams coaches near the end of it all started throwing balls, water bottles anything they could find at the Lakers bench trying to get there coaches to fight lol, they even went out too centre calling them all out.

Patriot0103
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow Patriot what a gme tonight, with about 13.9 secs left in the 2nd, oh yes a bench clearing brawl, what a gong show, (really fun to watch though :D ) Laverty fought 4 times in a span of about 5-10 mins, guys where calling him on right after he would kick the piss out the guy he was already fighting, & he was more then willing, (I think he would have fought the hole team lol) just when you thought everything was coming to an end off they went again & everyone picked a partner & it all started up again, some guys even fighting two guys at a time, that happend about 3 or 4 times atleast.

Every player in the game was given a 2 min penalty & a game, so the game ended right there.

The other teams coaches near the end of it all started throwing balls, water bottles anything they could find at the Lakers bench trying to get there coaches to fight lol, they even went out too centre calling them all out.

Holy shit. That is absolutely crazy.

I heard some of the Lakers games are carried on here... http://lakers.lax-tv.com/

I'm going to check it out, and hopefully catch a few games.

two24four
07-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Little update for ya Patriot0103 on how the MSL season is going...

Well the Reg season ended last night with the Lakers coming in 1st place (whoo hoo :D) after going 14-3-1, so they will get a a 1st round bye going into the playoffs, Barrie who came in 2nd also will get a 1st round bye.

The playoffs are alittle diff from the NLL, the 1st round is best 3 out of 5 & the last two rounds are best of 7, which I like much more then just the one game playoffs they have in the NLL.

Kyle Laverty missed most of the season with two suspensions, the 1st one was 3 games for his part in the bench clearing brawl, then he was back for one game & got into a fight & the ref game him a game misconduct, which was his 3rd of the year, in this league after 3 game misconducts you get a 6 game suspension, so he missed 9 games out of 18 with suspensions lol.

Lakers are looking real good again this season & are looking to win there 4th MSL Championship in a row, which would give them a chance to win the Mann Cup again for the 2nd time in a row & 3rd in 4 years.

Patriot0103
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Awesome, thanks for the update. Sounds like they have a good chance at taking it again.

How about the NLL trades that went down the other day..some big time movement.....

Buffalo deals Steve Dietrich and Kyle Couling to Calgary for Taylor Wray, 2007 1st Rd. (10th overall), and 2008 2nd Rd.

Buffalo then trades Taylor Wray, Jason Crosby, and Future Considerations to Phily for Sean Greenhalgh.

Calgary also got Ian Llord from Phily in the 3 team deal.

In a separate trade, Edmonton traded their 2009 1st rounder to Rochester for Mike Accursi.

I think I'm liking this deal for Buffalo. As good as Dietrich was, he's on the downfall of his career, and Mike Thompson is a capable #1. Crosby is easily the biggest loss for the Bandits, but Greenhalgh should be a star in this league (having already lead Phily in scoring in his 1st two NLL seasons).

two24four
07-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Awesome, thanks for the update. Sounds like they have a good chance at taking it again.

How about the NLL trades that went down the other day..some big time movement.....

Buffalo deals Steve Dietrich and Kyle Couling to Calgary for Taylor Wray, 2007 1st Rd. (10th overall), and 2008 2nd Rd.

Buffalo then trades Taylor Wray, Jason Crosby, and Future Considerations to Phily for Sean Greenhalgh.

Calgary also got Ian Llord from Phily in the 3 team deal.

In a separate trade, Edmonton traded their 2009 1st rounder to Rochester for Mike Accursi.

I think I'm liking this deal for Buffalo. As good as Dietrich was, he's on the downfall of his career, and Mike Thompson is a capable #1. Crosby is easily the biggest loss for the Bandits, but Greenhalgh should be a star in this league (having already lead Phily in scoring in his 1st two NLL seasons).

Yeah that was a pretty big trade that went down, I'm no Buffalo fan but they seem to have made out pretty well here I agree, they are getting younger, but while doing that they are picking up some young guys that are looking like they could be stars, trading Dietrich was a good move they have two pretty good young goalies right now in Thompson & Sams, & did not seem to miss Dietrich when he was hurt for most of this past season.

Being a Rochester fan I have to say I also like the Accursi deal, he's good & I like him, but he's getting up there in age, a 1st round pick should step right in play some good mins, & also make them abit younger, I think soon you are going to see Rochester build around Shawn Evans, Scott Evans & John Grant Jr, more so the Evans boys though, they are still pretty young, Shawn is going to be a top 5 player in this league one day you'll see.

Might be time soon for Rochester to start thinking about also drafting a goalie or trading for a pretty good one, I have heard O'Tool might retire in the next couple of years.

two24four
08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Another update for you Patriot on how the MSL playoffs are going....not sure if you have been coming on here the last little while or not.

Right now the Lakers are playing Brampton in the finals for the 5th year in a row, Lakers came 1st during the season so they have home floor for the best of 7, game 1 Brampton came out flying and beat the Lakers 8-2 on the road, Lakers came back and took game 2 in Brampton 12-9, then again Brampton won game 3 on the road 11-6, then in Brampton for game 4 the Lakers won 11-10 in double OT, then finally the Lakers won a home game last night 9-4 to go up 3-2 and with a win tomorrow night in Brampton can win the MSL and move onto the Mann Cup for the 4th year in row, man I hope the Lakers can finish them off tomorrow night.

two24four
10-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Rochester traded John Grant Jr and Mac Allen yesterday to Colorado for goalie Matt Vinc.

Guess I will be watching more Colorado games this season, they just got alot better both on offence and D with Jr up front and Allen on the back end.

two24four
12-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Here is a pre-season game last week between the Toronto Rock and the Buffalo Bandits in Six Nations, ended up in a bench clearing brawl, which is what this video is of.

Toronto is in Black, Buffalo in Orange.

These teams play each other three times this season, should make for some good games.

YouTube - Bench Clearing Lacrosse Brawl

b_illin
12-22-2010, 11:23 AM
^ there were some good tussles in there....too bad the camera didn't zoom in on some of them!

two24four
12-22-2010, 12:29 PM
^ there were some good tussles in there....too bad the camera didn't zoom in on some of them!

I know, I cant tell who's who in most of the fights.

I'm pretty sure the goalie for Buffalo is Goodleaf, but he's about the only one I can pick out, I'm guessing one of the goalies for Toronto is Campbell, he loves fighting, teams have even dressed him as a forward at times when he's not going to play goal just to have him in the lineup to fight if needed.

I cant wait, Jan 8th the NLL season gets going.

two24four
12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
There was more fights in that game then just that brawl in the 1st video I posted, here is another video that shows even more fights before that, it was a very, very rough game.

YouTube - Toronto vs Buffalo preseason recap

Has me thinking about going to see these teams play in Toronto this season.

b_illin
12-27-2010, 06:04 PM
1 day sale on toronto rock tickets

http://touch.groupon.com/toronto

keyboard
12-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Nice find.

two24four
12-27-2010, 10:03 PM
You guys get to many Rock games?

I cant stand the Rock, (one Toronto team I dont cheer for) but I love lacrosse so I will go down to the games to see some good lacrosse, and cheer on some of the players I know on other teams. TSN2 shows alot of the Rock games as well.

Boston is going to be a scary team this season with Dan Dawson, Josh Sanderson and Casey Powell up front (all three where 1, 2, 3 last season in the MVP voting) and Anthony Cosmo in net. Buffalo and Toronto will give them a run though in the East.

two24four
01-02-2011, 01:06 PM
NLL season starts next Saturday night (Jan 8th) can't wait.

b_illin
01-03-2011, 12:55 PM
You guys get to many Rock games?

I used to go to a couple games each year, but haven't been in a couple of years.

two24four
01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Great game tonight between Toronto and Boston, could not have asked for a better game, to bad Toronto won though.

b_illin
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Great game tonight between Toronto and Boston, could not have asked for a better game, to bad Toronto won though.

I watched the last half of the game + the OT - great game!! (my buddy #12 is soooooo dirty! :D)

two24four
01-24-2011, 07:54 PM
This Saturday's game will be real good this week as well, Buffalo is in town, Buffalo beat Toronto this past Saturday in Buffalo thanks to Scott Self's goal in OT.

CayugaPosse
01-24-2011, 07:59 PM
This Saturday's game will be real good this week as well, Buffalo is in town, Buffalo beat Toronto this past Saturday in Buffalo thanks to Scott Self's goal in OT.

I'll be there filming the game :)

two24four
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I'll be there filming the game :)

Cool, I'm not sure if I'm going to that game yet, or the Majors vs Petes.

I know three players who play for Buffalo so I'm leaning towards that right now, wont know for sure though till at least Friday.

two24four
01-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Also, if John Tavares (the real JT :D) scores a hat trick Saturday night, the 3rd goal will be his 700th NLL goal of his career.

two24four
01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm not Rock fan, but what a trade they made today picking up transition man Ryan Sharp from the Minnesota Swarm, he has yet to play a game this season in the NLL and only played in 4 games last season because of work commitments in Toronto, this will make it alot more easy for him to play games.

Sharp is one of the best transition players in lacrosse today.

two24four
01-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Another pretty big trade today in the NLL, Rochester sent F Scott Evans to Edmonton for D Rory Glaves.

Edmonton has only been avg about 7 goals a game or soemthing like that in there frist three games of the season, Evans should help bring that up.

b_illin
01-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Wow, thw rock almost collapsed...thank god for doyle!

two24four
01-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Rock vs Buffalo game last night was awesome, loved all the fights in the 1st, good game as well once they started playing lacrosse.

Took almost an hour to play the 1st QTR, haha.

two24four
02-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Sounds like Ryan Sharp who the Rock just traded for has a torn ACL and MCL, it happend last night in the Rock win over Calgary. Means he prob wont be able to play in the MSL this summer as well, which sucks.

two24four
02-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Wow, if you get a chance look up the Paul Dawson vs Travis Irving fight from this weekend, Dawson with the big KO, they are already calling it the best KO ever in lacrosse. P. Dawson is one tough dude.

two24four
01-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure how many are into lacrosse around here, but I see ESPN3 down in the US is going to be picking up some NLL games this season, starting with tomorrow nights game (Rochester vs Toronto) that is on TSN2 here in Canada.

Lacrosse (more so box lacrosse) is so underrated in the sports world IMO.

b_illin
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I love that the Lacrosse thread is titled WTF, Why Would The Toronto Rock Trade Doyle?

two24four
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I love that the Lacrosse thread is titled WTF, Why Would The Toronto Rock Trade Doyle?

You are the one who made this thread :lol:

It would be nice if someone could change it though.

I don't think enough people around here anyways like or follow lacrosse I do.

phaneuf6
01-27-2012, 03:38 PM

Hoping to get to a few Rock games this year, it's been awhile since I've gone to one.

two24four
01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Games you should really look into going to are March 3rd vs Washington, and March 16th vs Buffalo. Tonight's game should be a good one as well vs Rochester, they are back in town Feb 24th though.

I wish Colorado came to Toronto this season but they don't, Toronto goes to Colorado late in the season. John Grant Jr who plays for Colorado is worth the $$$$ for the ticket on his own, in three games so far this season he already has 30 Pts.

two24four
02-05-2012, 01:03 AM
John Grant Jr is lighting it up so far this season, in 5 games he has 45 Pts. He's the best lacrosse player in the world IMO, I have always said that. He is on pace for some crazy numbers this season if he can keep this pace up.

b_illin
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Amazing 4th qtr in the rock/bandits game! (good call by the refs on that buzzer beater)

two24four
05-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Can't believe the west is Minny vs Edm. Edm was 6-10 during the season.

But with saying that, as long as anyone but the Rock win I will be happy.

Nice to see John Grant Jr win the MVP after setting the all time record for points in a season with 116, after some people thought he was done.

b_illin
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8S3WGC9A_BY

ih8music
05-08-2012, 03:02 PM

so I just saw this... let me know if you guys want it to be something else.

b_illin
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
works for me - thx

two24four
05-14-2012, 12:47 PM
So both teams in the NLL final this weekend were under .500 during the season. Rochester went 7-9 and Edmonton went 6-10.

phaneuf6
10-01-2012, 07:19 PM
My buddy just got drafted by the Rock 25th overall. Pretty cool.

two24four
10-01-2012, 07:26 PM
My buddy just got drafted by the Rock 25th overall. Pretty cool.

Pereira, nice.

Minny had four picks in the first round out of only 9 picks, that's pretty crazy. They took a kid from town here 2nd overall. Sorensen he's 6'6 and can do everything on a lacrosse floor. Score, shutdown, run, fight. What ever they want.

phaneuf6
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Pereira, nice.

Minny had four picks in the first round out of only 9 picks, that's pretty crazy. They took a kid from town here 2nd overall. Sorensen he's 6'6 and can do everything on a lacrosse floor. Score, shutdown, run, fight. What ever they want.
Saw that Minny had 4 picks, that's incredible. Haven't been to a Rock game in years, looks like I might have a couple in my future now. If Toronto is willing to fly Kyle in from Halifax and St. Marys are going to let him go...haha.

two24four
10-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Saw that Minny had 4 picks, that's incredible. Haven't been to a Rock game in years, looks like I might have a couple in my future now. If Toronto is willing to fly Kyle in from Halifax and St. Marys are going to let him go...haha.

Is he looking forward to playing in the NLL? That Rock coaching staff does not take any shit. You give 120% on that team.

Brad Self who plays for Rochester also played hockey out east, he use to wait till his hockey season was over before playing any games in the NLL. Then he took a few years off from the NLL to play pro hockey over in europe but now he's back playing in the NLL full time.

phaneuf6
10-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Is he looking forward to playing in the NLL? That Rock coaching staff does not take any shit. You give 120% on that team.

Brad Self who plays for Rochester also played hockey out east, he use to wait till his hockey season was over before playing any games in the NLL. Then he took a few years off from the NLL to play pro hockey over in europe but now he's back playing in the NLL full time.

He's really pumped up about it, but I don't know if he realizes how much he's taking onto his plate. I would bet he does something similar to Self. His real love is hockey and he probably has the skills to play in Europe for a couple years.

We're also looking into starting some elite, select hockey camps together so just another thing to do to the list, haha.

two24four
12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
If the NHL does not start this season (or even if it does) and you live near an NLL city get out watch some great lacrosse. I think alot of games are on Youtube this season as well. Season starts in January.

Only 9 teams in the league, but pretty much every team is stacked with top end players. Not a bad game on the schedule.

two24four
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Best trade I think I have ever heard of took place in the NLL the other day.

Buffalo Bandits GM Steve Dietrich (who is 43 years old) who has been retired from the game for a few years traded for his own playing rights. He was a goalie so he wanted to get his own playing rights in case his team ever needed a 3rd goalie should the other two happen to go down. He gave up a 6th round pick to get his rights.

phaneuf6
04-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Was at the Rock game yesterday...jesus did they ever get hammered. Rosey couldn't stop anything.

two24four
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
I watched most of the game. This is one Toronto team I don't mind seeing them lose. Minny is a very good up coming young team.

two24four
08-25-2013, 09:12 PM
I remember a time when People use to say John Grant Jr can't win the big game. Well he just won his 3rd MLL championship today. Oh and he was named MVP for the playoffs. He's also won 5 Mann Cups, 3 Golds with team Canada, 1 NLL championship and MVP

One of the best ever, if not the best.

two24four
09-12-2013, 01:27 AM
So in the Mann Cup tonight (which is the Stanley Cup for Canadian box lacrosse) both Six Nations goalies were tossed from the game. Toronto Rock captain Colin Doyle who plays for Six Nations in the summer had to finish the game in net. He made 6 saves. They won 11-7.

b_illin
09-13-2013, 11:35 AM
I saw that...good stuff!

two24four
01-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Unreal goal scored by John Grant Jr last night. This is why he is a legend and will go down as the best lacrosse player ever IMO when he's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNZm5BqB9_0

b_illin
01-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Did you grow up with him in the pete?

two24four
01-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Did you grow up with him in the pete?

No he's a bit older then me. I did work with him though and got to know him.

Things he can do with a lacrosse stick is just unreal. He's always working on his stick skills.

Best play I saw him do was he had a man all over him, he couldn't find anyone to pass the ball to, so he drove towards the net then threw the ball off the glass behind the goalie back to himself, he went right to where he knew the ball would go caught it then scored a behind the back goal.

two24four
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Just bought 4 tickets to Saturday's Rock game vs Rochester. The tickets we bought are just over $300 for the 4. The same seats for a Leafs game are about $300 for one seat.

Go Rochester! I'll be cheering for the Self brothers.

phaneuf6
03-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Heading down to the game tomorrow night as well. First time since last years playoff disappointment.

two24four
03-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Nice should be a good one. These two teams don't like each other.

two24four
04-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Huge loss for the Rock as Billings tore his ACL last night. He's one of if not the best players in the game today. He was on pace to break the record for most points in a season set by Grant Jr just a few seasons ago.

two24four
09-30-2014, 08:57 AM
I know not a lot of people follow lacrosse here, but John Tavares (the hockey playing John Tavares`uncle) is coming back to the NLL this season for his 24th season at 46 years old. He`s still getting it done as well, not like he once did, but he put up 51 points last season in 16 games.

It`s to bad lacrosse doesn't get looked at like the NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA. Because just like Jeter he`s all class and holds almost every NLL record there is.

two24four
03-10-2015, 10:31 AM
I'm not a Toronto Rock fan, just a lacrosse fan when it comes to the NLL. But it's crazy no one is talking about them around Toronto, they are 9-1 so far this season. That's also without Doyle and Billings.

two24four
02-07-2016, 11:59 AM
John Grant Jr is doing his best Jagr impersonation in the NLL this season. He's 42 years old. After 6 games so far he's 3rd in the NLL in Pts this season with 35. He also just picked up his 1400th career NLL point last night. Still a ways to go to catch John Tavares and his 1749 Pts though.

Bubbles & Conkey
04-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Took in my first Rush game last weekend.... WOW! Thank you Edmonton, for the great team.

I have had some exposure to the sport a few years ago but had forgotten how awesome it is. The Rush are averaging 14,000 fans a game and the place was rockin' from start to finish. I'm definitely going again!! It helps that the Rush are the defending Champs and are currently tied for first in their division.

I'd recommend for anyone that has an NLL team nearby to check it out.

Go RUSH!!

two24four
08-07-2016, 10:26 AM
John Grant Jr scored 10 goals last night playing for his field lacrosse team in the MLL. It's a new league record for most goals in a game.

He's also right now playing in his last season with the Peterborough Lakers of the MSL. He still going to play in the MLL and NLL a bit longer but he's calling it a career in summer box after these playoffs. He's been looking like the Grant Jr of a few years ago. Hopefully he can get his six Mann Cup ring with the Lakers before though.

He's the best lacrosse player ever in my eyes for what he's done in the NLL, MSL, MLL and Internationally for Canada both in box and field. Oh by the way, he's 41 years old.

two24four
11-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Colin Doyle retired today. All the greats from the 90's-00's are slowly hanging up the sticks.

two24four
04-19-2017, 03:05 PM
John Grant Jr retired from field lacrosse today. He's now retired from 2 of the 3 leagues he plays in. Just the NLL left. He's only played in 2 NLL games at the start of this season so I'm guessing it's coming soon for the NLL as well. Someone said not long ago that his legs retired 10 years ago but his mind and hands kept him in the game. His last MLL game (field lacrosse) he scored 10 goals.

I wish lacrosse was just as big as the 4 major sports leagues because he would be talked about in the same breath as Gretzky, Jordan, Brady, Griffey Jr etc....if so.

He's already getting into coaching which I think everyone thought he would. He was like a player/coach on every team he played for without really saying he's a coach.