Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1940
    Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    If I've already seen Battle Royale, should I still go see HG?
    After some research, I need to watch Battle Royale. Looks awesome! But I extremely highly recommend HG anyway. The concepts are very similar but the culture of their fictional world (Which is absolutely ridiculous and adds a great deal of originality to a concept that might not be so original) will keep things totally fresh for you. Shouldn't be anything like Battle Royale's interpretation of Japan. The Hunger Games themselves play out so unpredictably that watching something similar done in another movie won't take anything away, you'll still be every bit as freshly amazed by the outcomes. Its just one of those movies done scarily proper.

I have to read the book though because it was more than obvious 2 1/2 hours wasn't half as long as this movie needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I thought the same about Jeff movie, but it did get better at the end and I'm a huge fan of Jason Segal.

American Reunion was absolutely hysterical and is probably my favorite of the series. If you go to the movies and see it, don't get up as soon as it ends, stay for the last scene....well worth it!
    The scene isn't at the end is it? I know there's one maybe 30 seconds after the credits start rolling is that the one?

Senior Member All-Star phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I knew Reunion would be great! My brother mentioned band camp and all those garbage spinoff movies as an example why this would suck, but I thought it would be awesome. Its a different game when you got the original writers and actors working at it. Can't wait to check it out tonight.
    Going to see it on Saturday, looking forward to it, I've heard great things.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Going to see it on Saturday, looking forward to it, I've heard great things.
    I saw it last Saturday. Not ground breaking but definitely a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    The scene isn't at the end is it? I know there's one maybe 30 seconds after the credits start rolling is that the one?
    Yes the scene with Jim's dad and Stifler's mom.

We stuck around to pay the bill and glad we did. I saw that you went to Cinema Suites as well last Saturday. Guess there's one down by you?

Ok. Hey, refresh my memory again with that scene. I don't remember as there were so many funny scenes in that movie that it was a cool surprise.

Ok. Hey, refresh my memory again with that scene. I don't remember as there were so many funny scenes in that movie that it was a cool surprise.
    **SPOILER ALERT**

The scene where Stifler's mom blew Jim's dad in the movies and the popcorn tub was on her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    We stuck around to pay the bill and glad we did. I saw that you went to Cinema Suites as well last Saturday. Guess there's one down by you?
    Menlo Park Mall Doc.

Menlo Park Mall Doc.
    That's where I went with the wife for the 4:45 show. Had to sit in the 2nd row but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be sitting so close.

I thought the same about Jeff movie, but it did get better at the end and I'm a huge fan of Jason Segal.

American Reunion was absolutely hysterical and is probably my favorite of the series. If you go to the movies and see it, don't get up as soon as it ends, stay for the last scene....well worth it!
    **SPOILER ALERT**

The scene where Stifler's mom blew Jim's dad in the movies and the popcorn tub was on her head.
    That's it, now I remember. Thanks Doc.

That's where I went with the wife for the 4:45 show. Had to sit in the 2nd row but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be sitting so close.
    We went to the 1:15 showing. Would of been funny if we were at the same show and didn't know until after. It's been so long since I've seen you, not sure if I would recognize you at first. Haha

We went to the 1:15 showing. Would of been funny if we were at the same show and didn't know until after. It's been so long since I've seen you, not sure if I would recognize you at first. Haha
    Depending on where I was on the fat scale the last time that you saw me, you might not have recognized me. I'm a svelte 185 right now. I would have looked for you since I noticed that you checked in at the theater.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Depending on where I was on the fat scale the last time that you saw me, you might not have recognized me. I'm a svelte 185 right now. I would have looked for you since I noticed that you checked in at the theater.
    That helped get the wife in the bedroom at all?
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    That helped get the wife in the bedroom at all?
    She's in there quite often. Unfortunately, I'm usually on the couch.

Maybe next time you, the wife, me and the gf can meet up. We go there often as we can drink and eat while watching the movie.

Maybe next time you, the wife, me and the gf can meet up. We go there often as we can drink and eat while watching the movie.
    Sounds like a plan. I can throw a rock from my apartment to that theater but I still don't normally go to the movies. She hinted at "thanking" me for taking her. That's why I went this time. You live a lot closer now, right?

Sounds like a plan. I can throw a rock from my apartment to that theater but I still don't normally go to the movies. She hinted at "thanking" me for taking her. That's why I went this time. You live a lot closer now, right?
    "Thankings" are always a nice offer!

Yes, I live in Monroe now which is about 20 min from Menlo Park Mall.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    American Reunion was pretty funny if you like those movies. Had some great laughs.

Looper looks really cool. Though, it could just be because I'm a sucker for time travel shit.
    I don't like homer bias.

Senior Member All-Star
    American Reunion was hilarious!

American Pie was funny, but not as funny as I was expecting. Lots of slow moments between the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    American Pie was funny, but not as funny as I was expecting. Lots of slow moments between the laughs.
    Quite the opposite for me. Ever since Judd Apatow hit the scene comedies have taken a different turn. I was expecting a lot less and I got a lot more.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quite the opposite for me. Ever since Judd Apatow hit the scene comedies have taken a different turn. I was expecting a lot less and I got a lot more.

He is producing Anchorman 2 next year

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Avengers tho.

Senior Member All-Star
    Incredible, the best action movie I've ever seen

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Incredible, the best action movie I've ever seen
    kungfughustle.jpg
    12 Team H2H PPR Keeper Money League

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    I'm going to really "nerd" myself up here for a minute:

I'm a massive Joss Whedon fan, have been basically from the start. I think Buffy and Angel are two of the best shows that have ever aired on TV. They take some time getting started(especially Buffy which doesn't really start to shine until a single episode...the season finale of season 1...and then mid-way through season 2 when it gets good and never slows down again), but as TV shows they were always so well written, so smart, and so innovative that I've always wanted to see what he could do given a real chance at something big.

Firefly was very good but obviously didn't work out for him, Dollhouse was decent but not spectacular, the movie version of Firefly(Serenity) was a great, great low budget movie, and Cabin in the Woods was exceptional.

So to finally see him somehow be given the chance to take $200,000,000 and the all-star cast they had setup for him, and make an Avengers movie seemed too good to be true, and to see him hit a massive fucking home run with it, and turn in exactly what I would have expected, a brilliantly written, hilarious, genuinely fun movie with outstanding action sequences(namely the finale) and some real heart thrown in...I couldn't have been happier leaving the theater. So glad everyone gets to see why people who love Joss love Joss, that movie is why.

Senior Member All-Star
    Cool to know, Cayuga. Didn't know this director was responsible for all those shows. Firefly is a real cult favorite, sounds like televisions biggest crime that it got scrapped so soon based on what I hear from its fans. Glad this guy finally hit the map.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Firefly is a real cult favorite, sounds like televisions biggest crime that it got scrapped so soon based on what I hear from its fans.
    It wasn't that good.
    12 Team H2H PPR Keeper Money League

Thread Information